[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 33

File: CVNyuUcUAAAEaW3.jpg (72KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CVNyuUcUAAAEaW3.jpg
72KB, 600x800px
When will Mana-sama bless us with a new release?
>>
So I'm the anon who posted about the WW $20 coupon last general thread.
I bought an AP barrette, and they send me an invoice for $20 shipping.
This things a barrette so I got the epacket or whatever, cheapest shipping option. Is WW shipping usually this expensive? Or are they trying to get their $20 back?
>>
>>9407896
Oh I might as well post the code here too since this is a fresh thread.

>coupon says $20 in points, but it really is $20 off current order.
>also says 2016 but ignore that.
>>
>see a cute accessory on LM
>seller uses a picture of a particular efamous drama-whore as one of the proof photos
>uhhhhh
>look at her feedback
>"hello, could you maybe ship this to me sometime soon?"
>POSITIVE
>"I had to wash the jacket because it had a strong mold-spore smell"
>POSITIVE

No, thank you. Why are people so afraid to leave neutral or even negative feedback? This is why I check feedback of absolutely everyone I buy from, even if it's 100% positive.
>>
>>9408007
Oh crap, you just reminded me I have a seller I have to leave negative feedback to for overcharging on shipping and trying to use currency exchange rates to cover it up.

People are afraid to leave negative feedback because it's such a small community that I people try their best to be on each other's good sides in case they need to do business with them again at any point or something. Also because there's no real way to retaliate if the other leaves you negative feedback in return just to get back at you for their fuckup.

If LM had a feature to edit feedback, it'd also help. Once you leave feedback, it's final, so there's no chance to update it in case of misunderstandings/miscommunication/whatever and that intimidates some people. Like I'd probably have already left feedback for shipping-markup-chan if I knew I could edit in any details or possibly add in negative messages I'd have received in return from her. Because I know I can't edit feedback, I want to be as thorough and accurate with it as possible but that means I have to put aside my free time to gather all the evidence together and such.

It does suck though, because EVERYONE just has such great reviews on LM even if they did subpar.
>>
I've definitely had bad experiences on LM (and even egl comm sales) before, and I've never left bad feedback because I've been so afraid of retaliation.

The only bad feedback I've ever given was on etsy for a truly horrible experience, and the seller harassed me for weeks over PM and even sent me death threats. It was pretty wild.
>>
>>9408083
Did you change the etsy feedback?
One time an etsy store with 100s of feedbacks PM'd me to change my 3 star to a 5.
>>
>>9408022
How much did they overcharge? Whenever I give a shipping quote I always round up to the nearest dollar. Sometimes the quote is a couple of dollars more than the actual charge, and I don't bother refunding anything because sometimes my quote is less.
Overcharging a bit doesn't seem bad unless they lie about it after.
>>
if you gulls would like to fill in my survey about indie brands, I would be really happy.still need a few more responses.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7ONrMfGBZl_TNVeTLkIAYYYVshbrp4Po5tPhuHOgY2snShA/viewform?usp=sf_link
>>
Why is Jane Marple so expensive? On lacemarket brand prices are very low at the moment but every time i see a jane marple piece theyre always super expensive in comparison. Am i missing something or are the people selling them just not realize the market is shit rn?
>>
>>9408210
isn't JM just very expensive from the beginning? that may explain the second hand price, plus I believe they don't have much stock, at least less than the big brands
>>
>>9408210
Jane Marple is kind of a mid tier "designer" brand, sort of like Coach or Kate Spade. Their clothes are pricier than average lolita stuff - if you look on their site they have a blouse for about $200 USD, a simple striped skirt for $215, a jacket for $400, etc. It's more otome than lolita, too. The prices just reflect the original costs more.
>>
File: the more you kno.gif (39KB, 344x226px) Image search: [Google]
the more you kno.gif
39KB, 344x226px
>>9408217
>>9408224
Thanks! i didnt know that
>>
>>9408169
Done
>>
>>9407794
Soon I hope.
They also could rerelease something, I wouldn't mind.
>>
>>9408296
Does MoitiƩ do rereleases? I can't think of any, although they could be swamped by all the sweet ones.
>>
if i chose the wrong shipping option on WW (i chose EMS when i should have gotten SAL) can i email them to change the invoice? or am i hecked?

i don't have experience with WW's customer service so i'm not sure if it's worth trying. thanks to the anon who posted the coupon code btw, wouldn't have seen it otherwise!
>>
>>9408320
I got your back famalam.
>>
>>9408146
I've had someone overcharge me 15$ before. I spoke to her about it and I got a refund. She wasn't honest, but I gave her a positive review since she responded and actually gave me my money back.
>>
>>9407899
Did you use EMS shipping? EMS starts at 2000yen for up to 500gr so that's hardly their fault.
>>
>>9408096
Nope. They deserved the feedback they got.
>>
>>9408368
Aw shit. I thought I picked epacket, their cheapest option, but when I clicked back from the PayPal pay page to double check if the code went through, it must have changed it back to ems.

You saved me $10 anon, you da best.
>>
>>9408320
Why don't you just ask them instead of coming here to ask? That's just plain stupid.
>>
>>9408412
Ugh mine changed the ePacket I cost chose to EMS. Not sure how that happened, I'm only ordering a headbow! So much for this sale, I really did not need an overpriced headbow
>>
>>9408526
Why don't you just ask them to change it instead of being mad at them for your own carelessness?
>>
File: collar.jpg (150KB, 1128x788px) Image search: [Google]
collar.jpg
150KB, 1128x788px
Has anyone here ever recovered from or in the process of recovering from being a brandwhore? If so what finally made you branch out? I guess for me I'm just a bit jaded that several brand dresses I've bought more recently just aren't the quality I thought they'd be (like having shit break off or realizing a brand brooch had hot glued their shit together). I'm ashamed that I limited myself from some great looking dresses just because they weren't brand.
>>
>>9408210
Their price really isn't worth it desu. They just want to be seen as a ~designer~ brand but often lack the quality. They used to be cheaper and better.
>>
>>9408537
I already did. I've had trouble with the default settings on their checkout process before. If it weren't for all the great oldschool main pieces on WW I would get all my stuff from closetchild, their prices are so good and the checkout is easier
>>
>>9408526
Same! I could have sworn I picked epacket, but sometimes I make mistakes. I did go to paypal, realize I forgot my password/etc, and then went back to the confirm payment page. So maybe that messed with the selection. Always worth a shot to send them an email though. I also got a headbow actually.
>>
>>9408210
They're a boutique brand. Smaller production runs, different clientele, different materials, made in Japan, some items have specialty construction or materials i.e. they had a dress with special handmade lace that's only produced at one factory in Japan
>>
>>9408422
>>9408537
why don't you stop being a vapid cunt and answer the questions
>>
>>9408711
Go fuck yourself, I don't need your shit.
>>
>>9408740
edgy
>>
>>9408740
Woah, triggered much?
>>
>>9408250
thank you!
>>
Lolibrary's back but their search system doesn't seem to be completely finished yet?
At least I hope.
>>
>>9408876
People seem to be allergic to reading their facebook. They brought it back up since a lot of people rely on it but it's not totally done yet. They're slowly adding stuff back but wanted to let people start using it again in the mean time.
>>
>>9408945
I don't have a normiebook account, it's nice to know tho! Hope they're not having too much of a hard time
>>
File: 1487798002209.jpg (796KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1487798002209.jpg
796KB, 1200x1600px
Hey!! To the California gull who was emailing me, I got locked out of my email account (stupid gmail) and I can't remember your email address!! It had something about arrows in it, but I can't quite remember. I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to leave you hanging for so long, I'm hoping this reaches you. You like black sweet prints and motie if I remember correctly!

So I'm sorry if it seems like I've been AWOL, I've been emailing google from my other account, but they're useless.
If you think this is about you, email me at [email protected]
>>
Is lace market still the place to sell? I haven't been in Lolita for a while and when I left, everyone was still using lj. Now egl comm sales looks absolutely dead, so I tried lm, but even undercut stuff isn't going. Did I miss a change or am I just unlucky this time?
>>
>>9408980
A lot of people just buy shit from bodyline and taobao instead of buying secondhand brand
>>
>>9408980
Apparently Facebook sales is what's most popular which is retarded since most of us use fake names and have more than one profile

I only use FB sales to link my LM, I'm thinking of switching to the comm sales finally with how dead LM is
>>
>>9408980
LM is still fairly active, but sales are just slow. that's how it is.
>>
>>9408544
I'm the opposite now, I used to be a taobaowhore and now I buy 90% brand. There's something about taobao brands that is immediately identifiable as lower quality, Like the dresses in your picture, there's something off about them. I like the designs, but I wouldn't buy them.

If there was a taobao brand that was indistinguishable in quality from brand I would buy from it, but I haven't seen one yet.
>>
Is To Alice an acceptable taobao brand ? Their lolita pieces look good, but I don't know about the quality.
>>
>>9409043
Literally just look in the archives or do a google search friendo
>>
File: 271339-109-2015-08-12481276.jpg (67KB, 215x293px) Image search: [Google]
271339-109-2015-08-12481276.jpg
67KB, 215x293px
>>9409031
While there are definitely some taobao brands that you can tell are lower quality, some brand dresses tome look like they came straight from toabao. For example this Juliette et Justine JSK looks like something I'd see from a taobao brand with it's simplicity and printed on design. As much as I love Innocent World, some of their recent designs the past couple of years are reminiscent to me of taobao.
>>
>>9409072
I have both some taobao dresses and this one, believe there's no comparison regarding quality. As far as IW goes, I couldn't agree with you more.
>>
File: snow dot.png (309KB, 341x463px) Image search: [Google]
snow dot.png
309KB, 341x463px
I usually wear classic, but yesterday I went out in pic related and got my first "Mary Poppins" comment; it was both humorous and awkward (dude was clearly hammered). Is there a "normie reaction to lolita" bingo card lying around somewhere?
>>
>>9408988
I'm also a returning lolita and none of the Facebook groups have accepted me for like a month. Does my profile have to look lolita or something?
>>
Our favorite troll is trolling Lolita Sales with a preference to pantyhose instead of tights when wearing lolita.
>>
>>9409089

It depends a lot on the group. Some have tighter security since sissies, ageplayers and creeps tried to join, others just have absentee mods who aren't checking their messages.

You may have better luck posting which comm it is and someone can tell you which mod to pm, or if it's a local comm, try asking in the comm thread >>9399412 .In general you'd want to pm a mod and tell her where to find your lolita stuff, and also not have any fetish/kink junk on your profile. After you've ascertained that you're talking to an active mod, of course.
>>
>>9408944
prob cos you got a large underage group
>>
>>9408007
I am guilty of this from when I was a noob. I bought items from two different efamous lolitas and didn't want to leave neg feedback for fear of backlash. I wish I would have, but apparently one of them has scammed a lot of people, so I don't feel SO bad for not leaving her negative feedback since it has come to light anyway.
>>
>>9408320
They let me combine my shipping once, so I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with changing the shipping method. Just drop them an email ASAP. Their customer service is usually really good.
>>
>>9409225
lmao u talking about choke
because i can't think of anyone else you could be talking about
>>
>>9409043
I feel like their lolita pieces seem sort of otome, but I really haven't heard bad things about them at all.
>>
>>9408980
I still use and recommend LM to buy stuff. Stuff is selling, and I've noticed more stuff being listed.
>>
>>9408945
For me, FB is a struggle to get on and read messages because there's always dramu and shit, but I'm too lazy to clear out the fucktards right now. It's hard because I sell there sometimes.
>>
>>9409241
Otome is dead if it was ever real
>>
>>9408096
Unless they change something, nope. You gave them that rating for a reason.
>>
>>9409250
Tell that to Jane Marple and ETC
>>
>>9408314
I can't think of any (besides the bat bag).
Hope dies last.
>>
>>9409238
Kate is pretty infamous, too, but I don't think she actually scams.
>>
>>9409256
They know it
>>
>>9409262
Then why are they still overpricing their shit when we can get better for less?
>>
>>9409261
Kate mostly had a bad habit of shipping with cat hair on everything, wrinkled, not on time, etc. I'm fairly sure she was never a scammer.
>>
>>9408980
Still post to lj. Hopeful it catches back on. Facebook is a horrible place to conduct business cause messages disappear.
I tried to sale on fb but the buyer wanted to haggle.
>>
>>9409238
Yes it was choke. I like her coords and she seems nice but I would never do business with her again.
>>
>>9409273
ETC has lowered their prices, but what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>9409284
>she seems nice
She doesn't even have that going for her desu, she's only nice to someone if she things she can get something out of them. Basically if you can't elevate her status she has zero time for you. Sorry you got burned anon, but thanks for opening up about it because more people should.
>>
>>9409072

You fool, these Jetj dresses were the original design and taobao either replicated or created "inspired-by" dresses. What noob.
>>
>>9409316
Um, that's not the point I'm trying to make. I'm already aware that it's an original by Jetj, what I'm saying is the design with its simplicity and large printed on design is reminiscent of what taobao brands do. While it might be a quality product, the design itself is something I'd expect to see from taobao.
>>
Weird question, but how to you pronounce the name Choke?

In my head I've always pronounced it Chou-kay but I've never heard it said out loud.
>>
>>9409425
Like the English verb choke. It's just a shortened form of Chokelate, which I pronounce similar to chocolate.
>>
>>9409425
I pronounce it like you pronounce the word "choke". If you're referring to Chokelate, I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a pun on "chocolate".
>>
>>9409428
>>9409431
Whewww glad I never said it out loud then.
Thanks gulls!
>>
>>9409250
If this means people will actually unload their older JM like Strawberry Label and British Library for under $500 I'm all for it.
>>
>>9408980
I always buy on LM from the Western comm. It's mostly slow because it's impossible to find anything without searching for it and people who won't lower their prices keep relisting over and over clogging up new sales.
But I can occasionally find deals and always find things I like.
>>
>>9409384
The Taobao brands only started to do that after JetJ did. That's why it's reminiscent of it.
>>
Does anyone have any experience using fril? Found my dream dress...
do I need a shopping service?
>>
>>9409760
no experience, but you do need an SS
>>
>>9408544
I'm not opposed to offbrand but as a gothic lolita it just bothers me that offbrand blacks never match because they're more of a dark grey.
>>
>>9409384

Which brands? ngl, I love the plain cuts with a beautiful large print on it the most, would own more JetJ if it weren't so expensive. Hit me up with the taobao brands that make them, I'm drowning in thousands of taobao brands that overdesign their shit trying to be the next AP.
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (87KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
87KB, 425x567px
>>9408970
I tried mailing but it sent me a message saying the email was not found.
I'm [email protected]
>>
File: 1484881503522.png (416KB, 502x683px) Image search: [Google]
1484881503522.png
416KB, 502x683px
Honest question,
Why do people still buy from baby after all the shitty things they've done and their general disregard for customers?
>Threatening to sue a girl for writing a negative review about their shoes on her personal livejournal
>High ranking employee boasted in email that they "don't like foreigners" at baby in the cuntyist way possible and higher ups at baby defended it
>Frequent complaints from costumers of baby refusing refunds if their merch arrived damaged or didn't arrive at all
Given, Rosaire is a cunt who deserved to get called out, but shitting on foreign customers and ripping them off is inexcusable.
>>
>>9409814
They still make pieces that people want to buy at the end of the day and everyone crosses their fingers hoping that their order isn't going to be the effed up one.

As for foreigner bashing, Baby is hardly unique. Loads of brands have done a 180 and have become a lot more foreigner friendly since 2012 once they got their production volumes in order and realized how much money could be made by expanding. Annoyance with foreigners stemmed from Chinese scalpers who bought up domestic stock via shopping services and problems with online selling in general due to wonky payment systems and insufficient language skills.

I didn't know that Baby went after that post about the shoes though. That's shitty.
>>
File: 102490167.jpg (40KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
102490167.jpg
40KB, 550x550px
>>9409786

Not that anon, but you have to keep an eye on them. Ecailles de Lune is probably the most quality one I know that occasionally releases a painting print from time to time. I can't think of any others at the moment that I'd recommend unfortunately, but I'll keep looking.

Actually, the one I've been eyeing most recently isn't a Chinese brand but the western one Eat Me Ink Me. I've heard good things about their latest releases, which makes me feel better because I recall they used to be pretty bad.
>>
>>9409819
http://egl.livejournal.com/17461361.html
>Chinese scalpers
So they pay for the product and resell it? Who cares? They're giving baby money. Either way, it was shitty for that girl to rant off her ass in those emails and to not refund those buyers.
>>
>>9409819
There's the followup post, if you're curious: http://egl.livejournal.com/17461361.html#cutid1
>>
>>9409858
>So they pay for the product and resell it? Who cares?

It makes it very hard to get proper numbers from a business standpoint. Was our new cat print popular because people were excited, meaning we should make more cat prints in the future, or did we sell out because the chinese bought a hundred of them hoping to resell them for thrice the price?
>>
>>9408007
this is about kate ya
>>
>9409084
lolita bingo cards come up on google images, theres a few to choose from
>>
>>9409103
cap it pls
>>
>>9409857

Aww, was hoping there's a bunch of shops or something regularly pumping them out that I don't know about.

Thanks for the recs, though. I'm still waiting for this Surface Spell dress to pop up secondhand. I'll keep an eye on Eat Me Ink Me reviews, their prices are a bit steep to buy into without knowing about their quality first.
>>
>>9409760
Use an ss. It's better than Yahoo auctions as sellers don't charge local shipping and there are better prices.
>>
>>9409814

Honest answer.

Like, really honest answer.

The girl who posted the shoes, I did think her feet looked like they were bulging out of the shoes. So Iā€™m somewhat on Babyā€™s side on that one, although the suing email was rather unnecessary and pretty idiotic as well.

On the Rosaire drama, it looked more like ā€œtwo girls who know each otherā€ are calling each other names and having a dumb argument. Itā€™s really just two girls spouting the dumbest shit at each other, which line is truth and which lie is supposed to hurt is debateable.

The rest, Iā€™ve heard rumours, but not seen conclusive proof of. Canā€™t really put much stock in 4chan rumours.

Furthermore.

Iā€™ve been sent the wrong product. Baby simply requested I send it back, reimbursed me EMS shipping, and sent me the right product after. No arguing, no muss, only fuss was having to ship it back but eh, mistakes and whatnot.

Iā€™ve also accidentally violated purchase rules on popular prints ā€” checked out with two dresses in my cart without looking. I got a warning and bought one dress. They donā€™t really seem as ban-happy as people make them out to be, I donā€™t know if I just got lucky or what, because I buy like one or two dresses from them per year and theyā€™re still pretty professional about my mistakes.

I also donā€™t think they hate foreigners. Isnā€™t quite at home with us, maybe. Have some gripes about selling to us, maybe that as well. In 2010 they actually made their dresses in S, M and L sizing to cater to foreigners who are bigger-sized ā€” the dresses werenā€™t just wider, they were also longer. So they have in fact bent over backwards and created multiple sizing for foreigners, but the whole thing was a flop so they scrapped it.

So, yeah, Iā€™ve seen them screw up, but I also screw up from time to time. Iā€™d really rather give money to Baby knowing Iā€™ll at least receive my goods, they arenā€™t going to run off and not send me anything.
>>
>>9409445
No
>>
>>9409858
>Chinese scalpers
So they pay for the product and resell it? Who cares? They're giving baby money.

Chinese scalpers are POS who inflate lolita prices. I for one am glad that this is why Baby has reservation periods, and AP finally has extra stock and MTOs so that people can actually get the dress they want, for a proper price, straight from the brand, instead of losing to these POS chinese scalpers on release and then seeing a bunch of these new releases pop up online for $500. Fuck that. Thanks Baby and AP for actually giving a shit about your customers that actually want your dresses for ourselves.
>>
Vice: Why I am a lolita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKg8kl_fFuk
>>
>>9409871
Nope, 'twas about choke
>>
>>9410315
Great. Another outlet for KAWAII MILKY SWAN DESU to feel efamous. She'll never shut up about this now
>>
>>9409786
Souffle Song's done a ton but their quality isn't great.
>>
>>9410315
Wow, Canadian lolitas are all fucking retarded lmao. I'd never do a stupid documentary like this--always makes lolitas look like autists
>>
>>9410315
These documentaries never end up being a good thing for the community. When will people learn?
>>
>>9410319
Nope, I'm the one who posted the original LM post. It was about Kate.
>>
This is more j-fash general than lolita but it was exciting to see Minori and some kawaii fashion featured in vogue

http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/tokyo-fashion-week-fall-2017-best-street-style#76

Minori is #76
>>
>>9408544
I'd like to know which specific brand pieces really upset you.

I'm sort of the same way now, thinking I needed to go hardcore into lolita as a top tier brandwhore. The thing is, I'm almost exclusively a gothic lolita these day and Moitie just doesn't put out enough and AatP is disgusting. I'd rather just pad out my closet now with generic monochrome colors and pieces I can wear normally and not have to worry about ruining some ancient status symbol print. Taobao definitely feels more nice for day-to-day fashion to me.
>>
>>9410315
>that wooden ratchet dialogue
>that prissy goofy music
>that awkward posing at the end.
I really hope no one sees this, you guys should be ashamed. Why would you agree to this when you've seen time and time again how the media likes to reinterpret reality for the sake of entertainment? You really think Vice is going to have a positive message? If you want to have a documentary with a message you control then make your own. But no, instead you chose one of the stupidest media outlets to cover your tea party who are clearly going to twist the message to fit their paradigm and see you as "others."

Congrats on looking like socially inept daddy-issued retards.
>>
>>9409425
Choke as in choking. I don't think of her fondly, so the name amuses me.
>>
>>9410584
Agreed. "Choke" as in I gag when people try to kiss her ass.
>>
>>9410574
There are a lot of nice indie brands that release basic black and gray pieces tough. If gothic lolita's don't support them they'll never get bigger.
>>
>>9410315
Have any of these "documentaries" actually resulted in long lasting good or bad effects for the community? Seems like they never have much of a lasting effect in the long run.
>>
>>9410391
Bought soufflesong this month, I can atest that it's pretty bad quality.
>>
>>9409445
That isn't even old JM.
>>
>>9410574

Not that anon, but AATP's Ragnarok and its muddy brown, blurry print really put me off, as well as using laces of two different colors for the skirt. It was absolutely piss poor quality. Compared to KL which had better patterned and textured fabric and better workmanship overall, it was really jarring considering the brand was pretty hyped for me. I'm the whoriest brandwhore especially when it comes to classic, but that particular piece put me off of BTSSB/AATP as a whole. I do like some of their solid pieces, but after seeing it in person, I just think the fabric choices are just a bit too odd and disjointed for me, if that makes any sense. I'd much rather spend the money on a good taobao brand than buy from them again, seriously.
>>
>>9410599
Which indie brands are you thinking of? Off the top of my head, just Lady Sloth and Millenoirs come to mind.
>>
>>9410636
Can you be more specific about how exactly the quality is bad?
>>
>>9410315
why did they pick unattractive girls to interview?
p.s. I wish there weren't so many fat western lolitas. I feel bad for so many dresses.
>>
>>9410315
God damn did they have to choose the most out-of-touch, socially awkward people? Guess so, since no sane lolita would do this shit.
>>
>>9410707
Nayrt, but I also found the quality to be shit. I bought their stained glass dress and the print was blurry, there was some stitching with white thread (on a black dress), and the fabric felt cheap and slick. Do not recommend.
>>
>>9409814
high ranking lol, she was a girl that went to work once a week. She's probably the CEO
>>
>>9409858
Scalpers buy the product many other girls want and then resell for far more than the original price. Sometimes they're so crazy the buy most of the stock. Baby gets bombarded with claims from their REAL customers saying they don't want to buy anymore if this keeps happening. If no real customers, no need for scalpers and BABY ends up with zero customers. Yeah, scalpers are harmless!
>>
>>9409923
I agree.
I've noticed all these >>9409814 type of comments are always said by people who have never bought directly from baby and their only experience with them has been reading cgl drama.
Everybody knows all the drama was caused by this one person that was sacked after that racist email to chinese lolitas like a year ago, after she finally got fired the new people in charge the online store have been carrying out pretty well. They didn't get faced by the shanghai drama, or the million other times the chinese tried to cause problems.
So anon from >>9409814
let it go, the crazy racist bitch is gone, let us buy our baby in peace.
>>
>>9409786
Crusade Evangelical Lutherian made two.
Infanta has one.
>>
>>9410545
i fuckin knew it, shes a mouldy gal
>>
>>9410739
That's what you get from a comm where the leader is actual landwhale status replica wearing garbage, and I thought americans were fat
>>
Man, you guys are awesome.

>>9410815

Do you remember which two from CEL? I only remember the stained glass print.

>>9410391
>>9410769

That's dissapointing to hear. Thanks for sharing the info though.
>>
found a couple things I want from Tokyo Alice, is a ss needed?
>>
>>9410685

nayrt, just wanted to name drop Antique Beast, Atelier Boz (and Lapin Agill) and Atelier Pierrot is being decent for solid gothic pieces. Atelier Pierrot's printed pieces are pretty funky and cheap-looking, though.
>>
>>9409084
I got a Mary Poppins comment from a drunk guy once, while I was wearing IW. He also asked me to sing him something.
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (85KB, 800x619px) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
85KB, 800x619px
>order a petticoat from chinese seller
>looks poofy and seller has ok reviews
>finally receives it
>it's way more flat than picture,it's barely even poofy at all
>put negative feedback
>they contact me saying how bad feedback hurt their business
>ask if i can get at least a partial refund (it was around 25$)
>they propose me 5$ because "we are a small business,we don't profit from it!"
Should I fill a paypal claim or leave them be?
>>
>>9411078
Antique beast hadn't that good for clothes. Boz is good but sizing can be all over the place for the women's line. Ap has a lot of shirred pieces but shakes are awkward.
>>
>>9410804
Actually not quite as you're calling it. I've bought things from BABY directly and they've arrived defective. I once bought some accessories that had metallic threads in them. When they arrived, as soon as I opened the package up and unfoded said items, the threads were fraying and coming undone. When I contacted BABY about this, 'Sana' all but yelled at me on the reply saying that there was no damage and nothing wrong with the item. I'd been super careful on the email wording as well. I never bought accessories from them ever again.This was around the time of the shoes incident that this hapened.
>>
>>9411541
Seconding that Boz are brilliant, but agree that you have to be careful with the sizing. Fortunately, the mens' sizing can be rather small-fitting itself, so is always an option. Skirts and trousers tend to run the smallest, and their jackets. The quality though is good, with solid construction. It's also very wearable, easy to dress stuff up or down.
>>
>>9408544
Brandwhored, then got disappointed of some expensive releases, then branched out to Taobao, got even more disappointed, came back for Atelier Pierrot. Now I appreciate more older designs and hunt for Atelier Pierrot in second hand stores.
>>
>>9411538
keep the claim.

Small business with shitty ethics
>>
File: 453196964.1.jpg (31KB, 454x640px) Image search: [Google]
453196964.1.jpg
31KB, 454x640px
>>9411636
Older Atelier Pierrot's older stuff is awesome. I once bought a dress off of MBok that was listed as Boz, but turned out to be AtPi. No regrets as it's gorgeous. I never found any details for it aside for an old scan that might have a small picture of it.
>>
>>9410685
You should check out the underappreciated burando thread. And some classic and sweet brands also release monochrome stuff you could coord in a more goth way.
>>
>>9411643
Recently got this one. I have no idea of the year, but it was very cheap, so maybe it is old.
I received it now and is amazing. The fabric is heave and straight.
>>
>>9411658
just double checked, and this actually is Atelier BOZ
>>
>>9411658
Nice find!
>>
>>9410581
Yeah, this is the kind of shit that makes me want to distance myself from the lolita label/community. I'm already not a part of my local comm and recently I've just started describing my style as Victorian funeral wear or something of the sort as I only wear gothic anyway. It's just so embarrassing to have to say I wear lolita and then have people look it up to find shit like this.
>>
>>9410685
S H E G L I T
H
E
G
L
I
T
>>
>>9411667
same here

I hesitate a lot to explain normies when they ask more than three times where I bought my clothes. They have to really have earned my trust before explaining.

I hate going out in comm meets because there is always this goof who answers "Yes we like anime", when a kind old lady asks about our clothes. A shame, because going out in groups can be very fun and encouraging.
>>
>>9411538
did they put in the description that something like a petti wasn't included? maybe you bought a skirt instead of a petti. if not, file a paypal claim or ask for a replacement.
>>
>>9411709
nah, it was described as a petticoat. A friend of mine thought the same.
I filed a claim. I hope I'll get a bit more than just 5$.
>tfw seller calls me "my friend" exceedingly
I hate when chinese sellers do that, it makes me feel bad
>>
File: Untitled.png (398KB, 1151x506px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
398KB, 1151x506px
Can you not report listings on Lacemarket anymore? I can't find an option anywhere
>>
>>9411676
But there are so many synonyms you could use.. This board is even called egl not Lolita
>>
>>9411668
Are you being paid to mention this brand or
>>
>>9410636
>>9410707
Different anon than the others, but I have a SouffleSong dress and there were loose threads everywhere, a panel was actually backwards, and the construction looked sloppy and rushed
>>
>>9411854
I dout it, this anon has a really irritating habit of typing everything like this. All the damn time.
>>
https://www.wunderwelt.jp/en/interview/1703

Thoughts?
>>
>>9411864
You don't know about London? It's common on all the other boards
>>
>>9411871
I sent a list of questions and they picked the most boring one
>>
>>9411871
He wants to come to our country.. Someone please make it happen
>>
>>9411871
Actually kind of boring questions. I wanted to learn more about his views of how egl changed and spread to the west, glb, something more than "wear shirring maybe?) regarding different body types in lolita.

But that's mostly because I'm not a huge Mana fan and not into his music so much. Hopefully it was satisfying to the fans.
>>
>>9411714
That would just make me angrier that they're trying to manipulate my emotions, ask for full refund.
>>
>>9411902
All of their interviews are this simple desu. I did ask him about what he thinks about the changes in lolita but they only used the first question on my list. Maybe he didn't want to say anything negative?
>>
>>9411854
No, I just love shilling for my favourite brand, sorry.
>>9411864
This is what happens when people come in from tumblr/facebook and don't look at a single other board ever. Have we strayed too far?
>>
>>9411929
Gull I went to another board once and I got banned for 3 days because I posted a picture of 2 women kissing
>>
>>9411902
I would have liked to have seen him answer a question like that. His brand has been affected by the change in styles so his perspective would have been interesting. Although maybe he can't say much to not stir drama.

I would have liked to have known if he'd be open to re-releasing old pieces. Maybe do a poll like Mary Magdalene?
>>
>>9411889
>inb4 John brings Mana to AM 2018
>>
File: _20170328_172444.jpg (188KB, 686x1105px) Image search: [Google]
_20170328_172444.jpg
188KB, 686x1105px
Who the fuck posted this lol
>>
File: o0480062613899283712.jpg (74KB, 480x626px) Image search: [Google]
o0480062613899283712.jpg
74KB, 480x626px
Speaking of Wunderwelt's interviews, they seem to be doing Yoh next, if any anons are interested to send some in.

For those who don't know, he does the illustrations for part of GLB (the astrology section, iirc), some prints for Princess Doll, and did the print for AATP's Melty Mermaid Princess.
>>
>>9407899
I got a headbow for 500 yen. Pretty sweet deal.
>>
Someone on LM sold me a replica dress and tried to pass it off as real. When I got it in the mail I was so disappointed. I could tell almost right away that it wasn't quite right and I spent all morning comparing it to real pictures and the differences are just getting more and more obvious. I just opened up a paypal case and hopefully I'll get my money back, but I also paid a lot for accessories so that's money down the drain until I can obtain an authentic dress (god knows when, it's pretty rare). I'm so shocked and upset.
>>
>>9412013
Please make a secret so more people know about it
>>
>>9412013
That's disgusting. Name and shame, anon.
>>
>>9412013
That's horrible anon, did the dress have the right brand tags too? Have you confronted the seller about it?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>9412013
Name and shame! And make a secret about it.
It's absolutely scandalous. I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>9412013
oh my god.
which dress is it? but yes, make a secret so more people will know about that, it's not ok!
>>
>>9409814
Baby has thousands of customers. Wow they did 2 wrong, but think about the many customers who are satisfied with their products (like me for example). No, not all their products are good, that's why I avoid shoes and bags from them and dresses with certain fabrics, but otherwise they also have nice quality items and I never had a problem with ordering from them.
(Of course I know they did more than 2 people wrong but not that more than any other company in my opinion)
>>
>browse archives of lolita related tumblr for those sweet sweet older pics
>SUDDENLY
>stumble onto (three so far) lolita porn images (images where they aren't naked, but you can clearly see what's going on)
I-I forgot those even existed.
>>
>>9412061
Share. Don't keep the good stuff to yourself.
>>
>>9411945
holy hell of motherfucking no
>>
File: ohboy.jpg (258KB, 1502x750px) Image search: [Google]
ohboy.jpg
258KB, 1502x750px
>>9412090
Censored the second one because it's a blue board here
>>
>>9412103
Ah, also I recall seeing the third one's full outfit which was pretty decent.
There was drama over it a few years ago and someone showed me the video. That dude looks really creepy.
>>
>https://lolibrary.org/items/indie-me-likes-tea-pintuck-tiered-jsk
Okay so someone accused them while ago for making replicas and apparently it's true?
>>
>>9411929
>shilling for my favourite brand, sorry.
Sheglit is amazing, don't apologise for spreading the word
>>
So the crushes thread got deleted..
Anyway, shipping irl people is not the same as saying you like seeing lolita couples
>>
This might sound dumb, but here it goes anyway.

I'm trying to find some comfortable, easy to wear clothes that share elements with lolita. I need some new casual clothes and I want them to have a dreamy, romantic, storybook-like feeling. I've tried a few shops and haven't liked anything i've seen so far, so I was hoping someone here might have some recommendations.
>>
>>9411962
Where was this posted and what is it supposed to be?
>>
>>9412117
Why did it get deleted?
>>
>>9412125
Axes femme? Secret honey? Dream V?
>>
>>9412108
Vendetta much?
>>
>>9412125
Amavel, Axes Femme, and Fint come to mind.
>>
>>9412125
classic, sweet, goth? Off the top of my head I can think of are abilletage, fi.n.t, neb aaran do, seraphim, jane marple, emily temple cute, axes femme, ank rouge, amavel, rosemarie seoir, secret honey, putumayo.. What is your style?

>>9412131
behind the bows, about why we talk about what others are wearing

>>9412134
No idea, there was nothing special going on when it got deleted
>>
>>9412137
No? I'm just curious because everyone was trashing that anon but it seems true afterall. She for sure seemed a bit shady but this is the proof everyone was looking for.
>>
>>9412142
I thought so too, that's why I asked I thought I missed something.... strange though
>>
So I'm attending a symphony concert soon and was wondering if it would be okay to wear lolita. It's going to be a matinee showing. Would toned down lolita be alright?
>>
>>9412326
Not too sure if this makes a difference but it's going to be for Harry Potter in concert.
>>
>>9412326
I do wear classic lolita to concerts, operas and theater shows. As long as you don't wear too big headgear nobody's gonna bat an eye.
>>
>>9411962
I mean, they're not wrong?
>>
>>9412359
>the ultimate goals of the hobby
Are you serious?
>>
>>9412364
I don't get what you're arguing. The ultimate goals of the hobby are to have a large wardrobe and dream dresses + kawaii/goth lifestyle.
>>
>>9412103
Holy fuck...links?
>>
>>9412365
That's entirely subjective though. Some people aspire to be able to wear the fashion daily and don't care for dream dresses at all, others try to find their dream dresses and build their dream coords that they won't wear often and don't care to have any sort of kawaii/goth lifestyle at all.
Saying that
>X is the one and only ultimate goal of everyone in this worldwide diverse alternative fashion hobby
is hilariously misguided.
>>
>>9412409
But all of these have obtaining dresses as the main goal
>>
>>9412328
I think for this event, definitely okay. For things like that some people come in cosplay even, so you should be good to go as long as you don't overdo the headwear like other anon mentioned.
>>
>>9412409
I think the core of >>9411962 is that consumerism drives the fashion (like any other pastime that hinges on the acquiring of goods) and thus is the root of all the shitty behaviors mentioned.
>>
>>9411878
It would seem that he picked the ones he wanted to/could answer himself though? Your fault for sending in boring questions in the first place. Mine didn't get answered at all so maybe stop complaining.
>>
>>9411538
You paid $25 for it? It's only $15 on mylolitadress. I was thinking about getting it since it's pretty cheap and the reviews aren't that bad, but I guess I'll pass.
>>
>>9411945
lbr, wouldn't Mana call the fuck out of John if he tried pulling shit with Mana?
>>
>>9412013
Leave them negative feedback describing the situation and report them to all relevant sales communities. This shit is what gets people immidiately banned for scamming, and you'll be protecting other buyers by naming/reporting them.
>>
>>9409789
hmm that's weird, but thank you! I'll get to it
>>
File: metamorphose swan lake.jpg (53KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
metamorphose swan lake.jpg
53KB, 300x400px
Does Meta bleed? This print specifically. I just got it in the mail and I mainly wear old school/non-prints and am nervous about washing it.
>>
>>9412164
>this is the proof everyone was looking for
Which proof?
>>
>>9411871
snoopy jammies
>>
>>9412108
It's a design replica anon, nobody cares. meta doesn't really hold rights on designs without prints or anything that doesn't have their name on it specifically. anyone can replicate it if they wanted to
>>
>>9409384

Still a noob
>>
>>9412545

I could sort of see it, but the way the original post is worded so pretentiously I think you're giving the writer too much credit. Writer sounds like a tumblrtard who seems to think the posts she sees on tumblr are the entirety of lolita fashion, disregarding lonelitas, girls who take pride in DIY, the reality of attending meetups, etc etc. Not everyone can be arsed with collecting giant wardrobes, not everyone can be arsed putting their collection online, not everyone can be arsed seeking approval from random internet strangers, there's a lot more to the hobby than trying to be an e-famewhore, which is more or less what she seems to think is the ultimate goal of the hobby.

>>9412434

You can't be a lolita if you don't wear lolita. So you gotta obtain some lolita dress somewhere, otherwise you're not in the hobby at all.
>>
>>9411636

Cool. I like you anon
>>
>>9412901
They can replicate it if it's for their personal use. You can't sell a replica even if it doesn't have a print.
IMO an item is different from another when there's at least 7 differences. Learned that in sewing classes in France.
>>
>>9410581

Lol a lot of the girls in the documentary are also new to the fashion. Like, why do we care about noobwhales?
>>
File: 532463.png (275KB, 336x380px) Image search: [Google]
532463.png
275KB, 336x380px
>mfw i did the math and upwards of 70& of my wardrobe is all one colorway

do you gulls ever buy a dress in a less preferred colorway for the sake of balance in your wardrobe? the pink colorway of things is just always my favorite but i'm starting to think that i should force myself to expand
>>
>>9412942
70% not 70&, take my keyboard away from me
>>
>>9412942
I definitely do this. I love Fantastic Dolly in the pink colorway, but I just bought it in black for the purposes of my wardrobe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a more monochromatic wardrobe. If anything, it may be beneficial because you always know before buying a piece that you have things that will match.
>>
>>9412942
I realised my wardrobe was mostly black colourways with blue as an accent and especially grey/monochrome prints and tried to break myself out of that by getting a few things in different colours, which turned out to be awkward to match and so I still can't wear half of them as I still have to hunt for matching coord items.
There is definitely something to be said for limited colour palettes!
>>
>>9412773
This is a replica >>9412108
>>
>>9412021
>>9412024
>>9412025
>>9412026
>>9412030
Thank you all for your support and advice! The dress was a replica of Metamorphose's Daydreaming Goldfish JSK in navy and it arrived without ANY tags at all, not even a care tag. I could tell pretty much right out of the box that something was "off" about it. Here's an album of images that compare this dress to authentic photos as well as the fake photo used as a proof pic on lm. http://imgur.com/a/PEO0k

I contacted the seller (KisakiHiro) on lacemarket and opened up a paypal dispute. So far the owner of the paypal account (who is apparently a different person/friend of the lm account?? not sure about this) has been incredibly accommodating and is willing to issue a full refund. I reported KisakiHiro to the LM facebook page. Where else do you all recommend reporting?

Honestly I'm just SUPER bummed out that I didn't really get a dream dress of mine, and I also bought a bunch of accessories to go with it that are just going to sit around until then. While it's not super rare it doesn't go up for sale all the time, so it may be a bit before I can purchase an authentic version. If any of you gulls could help me locate this dress (meta daydreaming goldfish tuck JSK in navy) I'd be so happy!
>>
>>9413031
>Metamorphose's Daydreaming Goldfish JSK in navy
fffff, that's one of my dream dresses too. It already has a replica?
>>
>>9412942

That's not a good solution imo. Always buy your clearest favorite, unless it doesn't actually look good on you, or if you didn't care all that much about pink vs other colour to begin with.

As for adding more colours, buy other things in more colours, eg- blouses, outerwear, bags, shoes, socks, accent pieces, etc etc. Pink goes with a lot of other colours, you could coord in many different directions even if all your dresses are mostly pink.
>>
>>9413068
Yep. I only knew about the replica because someone posted about it on one of the fb groups. Some people are shamelessly selling it online. It doesn't look at all authentic in person though, as is typical with replicas.

On another note, I don't know what to do with this replica dress. It's pretty clear that I'm going to get my payment refunded so I don't care about cost. The dress is still cute, if poorly constructed. Would it be bad to bum around in it in private or use the fabric for something else? What have others done with their replicas?
>>
>>9413080
If I was you I would bum around in it in private like you said, that would be a waste otherwise and you can try things out before getting the real deal.
>>
>>9413080
Are you not going to mail it back? If a third party didn't know better, it'd sound super sketchy that you like got a refund and kept it?
>>
>>9412901
>It's a design replica anon, nobody cares

Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>9413112
Chill anon. I can't mail it back because I'd have to ship it back to Malaysia, which would be prohibitively expensive for something that's pretty worthless (a used replica). The PayPal account owner wants me to keep it, and I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation and do something cool with it. If you think I'm trying to get away with anything you can look through the album I posted with pictures of the way this dress looks. I was the one that got scammed here.
>>
>>9413080
You can ask them to pay you shipping to send it back.
>>
>>9413171
>>9413112

Not that anon, but I've had this happen to me as well -- way back as a newb in the era of only brand or eBay I bought a knockoff from eBay. Seller sent me a blouse that fit but I don't know why, the dress was for someone at least twice my size, the thing wouldn't even stay up.

When I offered to send it back (after the shop offered a full refund for the dress), the shop actually said, "no, we don't want it. Please throw the dress away". Since I'm not about to pay out of my pocket to ship the dress back and the seller won't pay me to ship it back either, I didn't return the dress.

It really put things into perspective for me, though. At that time the $50 I spent seemed like a big amount of money, but once they said that, I realised that I basically paid money to own trash that was basically worthless to everyone else, they have no use for it because nobody else would have bought that junk except me. You can bet the sellers would not have said the dress is worthless if it's from actual lolita brand.
>>
>>9411071
No, they accept mail order for international customers.
>>
>>9412103
I think I stumbled across the third one when watching porn videos lmao. I remember reading the title and thumbnail and thinking it couldnt be real lolita, but then I was proven wrong.
>>
>>9412923
That's not how IP works in the US at all... Design replicas are okay unless the design is extremely distinctive (which pretty much never applies to clothes, it's for things like coca cola bottle shape where the primary purpose is not utility).

You can try to quibble over distinctiveness of a design but that just doesn't work for clothes here.
>>
>>9412765
Don't wash it, just throw it in the trash and walk away, anon.
>>
>>9411630
>Everybody knows all the drama was caused by this one person that was sacked after that racist email to chinese lolitas like a year ago, after she finally got fired the new people in charge the online store have been carrying out pretty well.

The girl everybody refers as Sana that you hate so much is gone, let it go already.
>>
>>9409274
Her clothes smelled bad too. I bought a dress from her and it stank like body odor and sunscreen. I don't think she scams she just doesn't take care of her items
>>
>>9413364
You know, there is more countries and more laws than the US, right? The exact law beside, saying design replicas are okay is just a way to justify buying cheap ass shoes and bags. The brands are still going to be harmed wheter or not it has a print on it.
>>
>>9412765
I don't know about this print spesifically but red in Gingham Cherry bleeds for sure. I would play safe and throw a ton of color cathcers with it and wash it in cold water. That should be enough.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-30+at+12.39.08).png (9KB, 256x202px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-30+at+12.39.08).png
9KB, 256x202px
With the stock (specifically shoes) on Baby's online shop, does out of stock mean that if I add to cart/place an order, they'll just send them once they're in stock again? Or does it mean there's no more at all?
I'm just confused as most items are 'Out of stock', but a few are 'Sold out', so i'm not sure what the difference is.
>pic related
>>
>>9413455

Specific to your pic, the orange bar that says "S size sold out", the Japanese writing is actually saying "sold out in all stores". I guess that means don't bother writing in trying to order S size, they're completedly out of that size across all branches.

For the others, you won't actually be able to put them in your shopping cart. But you can send them an email order (the instructions are on Baby's site) and they'll call their branches to see if they can locate a pair. After a week or so they'll write back and either tell you to pay up or there's no stock in their branches either. Do note that if you send an email order, you're committing to buying, so don't send an email unless you're serious about it.
>>
>>9413031
Holy shit good for you for taking action! That's such a bummer you got a fake but I'm glad it seems like the PayPal account owner (why a different person omg) is being cooperative so far. I hope you find the real one soon!
>>
>>9413569
Thankyou, that was a really helpful explanation! Hopefully they'll have them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7cDHJZyWw
Discuss?
I agree on what she said towards the end
>>
>>9413598
All we can do is keep on wearing our frills/whatever jfash you wear/...
There's a lot of transition to digital, I mean, it's 2017. So Kera did a good thing, they're more likely to survive, even though I loved having physical copies in my hands, it's probably for the best.

I do wonder if it could get to a point where brands like Angelic Pretty and Baby The Stars Shine Bright will eventually just close even in Japan (they're churning out releases that are shittier and shittier imo) and lolita fashion "die" or become really rare like gyaru. I see a lot of lolitas leaving lately and, as she said, newbies being shooed away sometimes. But I have hope, lolita isn't going to die. Not yet.
As cheesy as it sounds, now more than ever i'm determinated to wear lolita even more. I don't want it to die. I'm still "young" (21) and for as long as I feel like wearing it, I'll wear it and encourage newbies (but fuck those that won't take any concrit).
>>
>>9413621
Lolita is more popular than ever now, and it's easier to buy. The Chinese buy new releases like crazy and Lolita Updates has constant new dress release information. Lolita isn't dying, it can't be measured by relatively small numbers of people leaving or newbies being scolded for wearing shiny eBay dresses, because those instances are more anecdotal than anything and ignore what's happening worldwide.
>>
>>9413638
this
>>
>>9409072
You can't feel the quality in pictures anon. I've had quality Taobao pieces but they still don't match up to the feeling of brand.
>>
Tbh I wouldn't mind if Lolita dies. We could finally be a small community again.
>>
>>9413747
As long as there are con's, there will be conlita's and weebs thirsty for efame shitting up this fashion
>>
>>9412942
This is me but with red. I love it honestly because it looks good on me and is kind of a trademark for me now.
>>
File: shoes.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shoes.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
Does anyone have these shoes and can attest to the quality/comfort? I'm thinking of getting them in mint.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131729939394?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=431105459695&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>9413621
Wish people would stop worrying about this, I didn't get into lolita back when I first saw it because I was worried it would die and my dresses would be worthless junk. But we're still here and our dresses are still expensive all these years later
>>
>>9413157
Just sell it to someone else or give it away. Good catch anon, I'm glad you didn't get burned.
>>
>>9413781
I have them in black. They are pretty comfy but they run quite snag.
>>
>>9412942
Actually, having a set palette stops me from making impulse purchases and keeps things relatively cohesive.

Also, I know myself well enough that having an alternate color would never satisfy the need for the color I really want.
>>
How long does it usually take to get accepted into Lolita Sales English? IT's been more than a week. I never really post anything on my FB, so do they only take people who publicly post lolita?
>>
>>9413911
i got accepted in about a week and a half and my page and profile pic are pretty normie so just be patient anon!
>>
Does anyone have a clue as to why IW's gone so quiet? It's like it's been puling a MM with regard to new releases/reservations for a while. A Violets in Mansions re-release is the only new series up, and there's been no new reservations come up in ages either.
>>
>>9413920
okay good, I thought I may have been rejected for some reason
>>
>>9413911
I got accepted after a year. I tried few times again and forgot about it and one day I was accepted.
>>
>>9413922
I'd like to know this too.
>>
>>9413911
I was accepted immediately because I messaged a mod first explaining that my account was a side account, then asked to join.
>>
>>9413922
I don't know why they are this quiet, but I think the newsletter today said something about a strawberry print being released this week? Not sure, though, I only skipped over the mail quickly at work.
>>
>>9413922

They're still having their sale, maybe they're taking things slow while they clear stock?
>>
>>9414095
Yep same. I keep all of my hobbies off of my FB, so I religiously message a mod in every FB group I join. Hasn't failed yet.
>>
>>9412103
I've seen a lot of the videos from the channel the first two are from and never seen the lolita ones, guess it's not popular on the sites I'm on. At least it's based lesbians and not degenerate men involved.
>>
>>9407794
Is it true that lolita's and cosplayers are enemies?
>>
>>9413922
>>9414241
idk but i hope this means they're having another Oddments sale eventually, didn't they have one around April last year? i'm thinking of trying to get one next Oddments round.
>>
>>9414739

Yes. Absolutely. Like axis vs allies enemies.
>>
>>9414753
Noob here, what's an Oddments sale?
>>
>>9413765
Nah, they'd move on to whatever the next big thing is. Even the fairy kei fame whores didn't stick around for too long after larme and menhera became the new FOTMs.
>>
>>9414753

Doesn't that clash with Golden Week? I thought it's traditional to do lucky packs in that week.
>>
>>9414825
>>9414806
Oddments sale is lucky packs with slightly defective items. There are A LOT of items in the pack and the defects are usually not very apparent.
>>
Which is cheaper, zen market or japonica?
>>
>>9414828
Oh my god yes. Thanks for this info. I'm gonna stash money. I love IW but don't own any yet, so this seems like a great idea!
>>
>>9414832
be prepared to still pay $600+ anon
>>
>>9414828

That's why I thought it'd clash with the Golden Week lucky pack that most brands normally do around the end of April. The Golden Week lucky pack is usually smaller and not defective items, iirc.

Or maybe they've been combining the two in recent years. I haven't bought one in awhile, just thought it odd that there would be an oddments pack scheduled so close to when they'd normally do a lucky pack.
>>
>>9414855
Well, if you search Lolita Updates' archives the last Oddments pack did seem to go up on April 15th (2016), so... don't know if it'd happen around the same time this year though.
>>
>>9414829
ZenMarket. Japonica's fees change based on item value, ZM charge 300 yen for every item no matter how much it costs.
>>
>>9414802
cgl war when
>>
>>9414843
Oh. Well. That's unfortunate. I will continue saving my money for second hand IW. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>9414739
No but I personally have never met a cosplayer who also wears lolita that I liked. They're all massive weebs and I just like cute clothes.
>>
>>9409863
The chinese usually preorder baby and other brands pieces on taobao via the ss shops before brands even open in-store reservations. Then the ss goes and buys according to the taobao amount of orders. It's not like shopping services buy a ton of dresses hoping to eventually sell them. But numbers are high, in fact I remember reading somewhere in weibo that a certain part of production is dedicated to chinese ss only.
>>
>>9413325
Thank you for answering my question anon
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 539x273px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 539x273px
>>9407794
Has anyone got screen caps/the picture of the girl who was thrown up on by a baby at a meet? I think she was wearing Holy Lantern? I can't find it in the archive.

I need it for scientific reasons and figured I'd ask here.
>have a korilakkuma for your troubles
>>
File: 1478570416369.jpg (190KB, 720x795px) Image search: [Google]
1478570416369.jpg
190KB, 720x795px
>>9415639
>>
>>9415703
Bless you anon
>>
>>9413621
Lolita is stronger than ever, brands as well. China just opened them up to a whole new audience and they love brand. Basically, don't listen to shitty clickbait journalism about how this is the sign of the end for Japanese street fashion and how the Fruits creator laments there's "just no more cool kids". (He purposefully ignores lolita and how it rose to be an international success, so that should tell you something about him).

What's dying is magazine publications, and really, it's a wonder it took this long. I followed video game magazines for my other hobby and they stopped publication years ago. Everything is going online and these magazines along with these news outlets need to stop whining and get with the times. I'll miss GLB extras and sitting down to read it in my bed, but imagine a GLB online where we get videos, constant updates, and something more like journalism rather than a big book of advertisements for brands. I'd be much more happy to see that.
>>
File: Square-Neck-Jumperskirt_grande.gif (99KB, 406x600px) Image search: [Google]
Square-Neck-Jumperskirt_grande.gif
99KB, 406x600px
Anyone getting Mulberry Chronicles' new dress? That print is darling.
>>
>>9415922
I love it but does anyone else find it fairly pricey? Or is that typical for indie brands?
>>
>>9416096
They are based in Australia, so I'm sure that affects their prices. Personally I don't mind the price but the one I'm looking at is $212USD shipped to me.
>>
>>9416096
The designs are quite plain but I like the fabric they use. It's thick and sturdy and definitely holding up well if you intend to wear your items more frequently. And the cuts are not as box-shaped as compared to JM. Otome brands like JM may use more luxurious fabrics, but they are not holding up that well and you have to be more worried about cleaning from my experience. Idk if that justifies the pricing though. That's something you have to decide for yourself.
>>
>>9415502
>your only interest is cute clothes
ngl as much as i love this fashion i'd get bored pretty fast if i only talked about lolita fashion/cute clothes and nothing else
especially during the lulls where not much is going on
at least those "massive weebs" tend to have multiple active fandoms they can talk about
>>
>>9408980
I use LM for single item sales and comm sales for multiple items--combined shipping and offering multi-purchase deals are easier to set up in the comm sales. I adore the eglcs because of leaving lolita sales.

the feedback pages are great and the rules, when they are followed, are optimal.
>can repost listing after 2 weeks, but requires a price reduction
>most items in a listing must be lolita
>no replicas allowed

those are a few I can remember. going forward I'm probably going to sell there more than LM
>>
>>9411864
embarrassing newness
>>
>>9412164
you're only calling this a replica because she is an indie brand.

you could call several brand pieces design replicas of another brand's.
MLT is quality indie lolita anon.

I wish she was still making mains, but it looks like she's too busy and only does pettis and accessories :/
>>
>>9414832
I have a few dresses I got in LPs that I could sell you cheap if you don't mind waiting a couple months (I am at uni and don't have any way to get them until then) drop your email. It's way cheaper then getting them on cc or whatever
>>
>>9412409
a dream dress isn't always a crazy ott print, it's just one that you've always wanted but haven't yet acquired.

I can think of plenty of older monochromatic detail-porn pieces that would be any daily lolitas DD
>>
>>9414739
imo theyre so far unrelated they cant be compared. i cant be the enemy of a cosplayer if i dont know anything about or care about them
>>
>>9416240
Are you retarded? It's 100% a replica. Someone sounds salty that they can't afford brand.
>>
>>9416266

nayrt, I think she's just giving examples of difference ways lolitas do lolita. I've met plenty of anons who simply don't have a dream dress at all, OTT or not. Dream dresses aren't really mandatory to being a lolita.
>>
>>9414739
I think you're confused because of the whole "lolitas don't like to be confused for cosplay" thing. Which is true, it's clothes, not a costume. and sure, I could see someone discovering lolita by osmosis after doing cosplay and wearing some ita-tastic shit. But generally, they're not really on each other's radar.

Except for the people who overlap and do both, and there's at least a handful of those. Some of them are seagulls, even.
>>
4 more hours until the reservation is up. Am excite.
>>
File: 421259_original.jpg (296KB, 900x873px) Image search: [Google]
421259_original.jpg
296KB, 900x873px
>>9416576
>Skirt can be closed with the curtain details and make plain dress
That's kinda cool. I haven't really heard of functional dresses before. Shame there aren't any closed pics up.
>>
>>9412923
>>9412108
You cannot copyright an arrangement of pintucks and ruffles on a dress. You can copyright an original image. Design replicas are generally fine because these are garments meant to be worn, there are only so many ways you can be original with something that is actually practical/wearable. Plus no brand originated pintucks/ruffles/shirring etc, they all get their inspiration from other places, it's not like Meta doing a ruffled plain black dress is going to look especially unique compared to Baby's plain black ruffled dress or some dress they both drew inspiration from in a history book.
>>
>>9416676
They're up now.
>>
>>9412942
What, seriously? Who cares if you stick to a limited colour palatte? Some people have exclusively monochrome wardrobes. Buying things in different colours for the supposed sake of 'balance' of a range of colours just sounds dumb. Buy what you like in the colours you like and wear.
If you want to expand from wearing mainly just pink, then fine, but becaise you want to wear more than just pink, not for the sake of balance.
>>
>>9412942
I do this for navy and blacks, unless the cut/print appeals more to me in a different color.
For example, a print that looks better in pink than in navy
>>
>>9416680
>Design replicas are generally fine
Legally, yes. That doesn't mean we have to support it and that customers don't get to be disappointed when a shop copies the entire design from a brand.
>>
>>9416680
Anon there are millions of ways arranging pintucks and ruffles to not look like a exactly same as an original. But sure, replica of Baby's Peimavera Waltz is perfectly fine because there is not many ways you can really make an OTT dress with ruffles. Just admit you want to be cheap.
>>
File: 420277_original.jpg (409KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
420277_original.jpg
409KB, 700x807px
>>9416576
>>9416676
It looks so amateur
>>
>>9416710
I'm not any of the anons who originally replied to OP, and I've never purchased a thing from melikestea. I'm an artist with some experience in fashion and it's always frustrating when people act like copying some frills is as legally/morally reprehensible as wholesale lifting someone else's artwork.

>>9416707
I never said anything about any of that so you do you.
>>
>>9416676
chantilly did it with an op iirc, granted fabric was semi transparent and the op itself was a bit high waisted but still looked good.
>>
File: MODEL-JSK-BK_original.jpg (331KB, 900x873px) Image search: [Google]
MODEL-JSK-BK_original.jpg
331KB, 900x873px
>>9416676
no words can express my disappointment at how medievalesque this dress could have been and ended up with a general jsk and HWS instead. Think Phantom of the Opera Op with the medieval sleeves. Even F+F has been nailing with renaissance and medieval inspired dress silhouettes so I am a bit disappointed one of my fav books ever got such a gen cut (pretty yes, but gen, you could have had it all haenuli...)
>>
>>9416738
I feel you. Debating on skirt just to get a fancier blouse.
>>
>>9416576
>>9416676
...Does the white one not have Quasimodo on it? Or are my eyes retarded?
>>
Got an email saying Bunny & Black is selling 5 of their nurse dresses. I got so damn excited then I saw it's the hideous jumpers.

http://www.bunnyandblack.com/shop/40vhke1r2oeczbzmizgfvstsaz2s0r
>>
>>9416718
But you are replying to someone who don't like that it's a replica, besides you are assuming the rules are the same all over the world.
>>
File: coisomedieval.jpg (1MB, 1200x1052px) Image search: [Google]
coisomedieval.jpg
1MB, 1200x1052px
>>9416738
roughly from the 1200s to the 1650s since people mix up medieval with renaissance and baroque all the time in lolita and whatever. not really a guide just me putting my thoughts together on lesser seen cut/print/material inspirations and time eras. yeah you can say lolita derives mostly from the XX/XIX century aesthetics and its revivalisms but i don't want to get too sidetracked here.

About the Haenuli release. The cut is pretty but very regular victorian doll. Longer dresses are harder to pull off but after their Angel of Music OP I thought we would at least get to see something different and not samedress+differentprint+minormodifications all the time.
They could also have gone with all the tarot reader-esque inspired cuts BTSSB+AATP+Meta pulled out. Really whimsical and not really era-driven but very Esmeralda.
>>
>>9415584
I wonder what will happen to lolita when the chinese decide to move on to another trend. Western people don't buy directly from brands as often, so I wonder how much brands would suffer without the chinese.
>>
Any tips for a Lolita in the US who's already attended AP events but never a Baby event? Is there anything different about how they arrange things, expectations, stuff like that?
>>
>>9413598
Very dramatic. Did she really need to cry whole video? This is not end of lolita!
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.