[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 25

File: 1487221115802.png (256KB, 728x745px) Image search: [Google]
1487221115802.png
256KB, 728x745px
Share your unpopular opinions, gulls.

Let's stay on topic and not get the thread deleted.
>>
I'll start: I find a lot of deerstalkers vids pretty cringey. I know they're supposed to be somewhat ironic, but a lot of the more "meme" oriented videos haven't aged well, and a lot of their actors seem try hard.
>>
I don't think that plain tights (especially black or white) look bad in coords. Busy dresses and busy tights can make a coord cluttered looking.
>>
I think that casual clothing cosplay can look good, but 95% of the time it's executed horribly and/or you can't really tell who they're cosplaying as. Or it's out of character for the characters. The majority of the Sailor Moon girls do not seem alternative/punk whatsoever. If you want to cosplay as a character dressed like that or whatever, why not characters from Nana or Paradise Kiss, etc.?

I don't care if girls dress up as fanservice-y characters, if it makes them feel confidant and good, then that's fine.
>>
File: heavenlycross.jpg (23KB, 250x367px) Image search: [Google]
heavenlycross.jpg
23KB, 250x367px
I like AP's new unpopular dresses and their cross obsession. Need more.
>>
Looking through cof. It looks like fancy dress particularly the event outfits. Too fancy for a daily lolita with pets, wear older burberry cotton jsks that are bombproof. Just looking at all that chiffon and thinking about it snagging is making me nervous. Never wear that many accessories. Never wear a scratchy cheap looking wig. Why even bother.
>>
I find a lot of the Omnia Vanitas coords boring/samey.
>>
Also, really underwhelmed by newer ap, was one of those people that didn't like meta now most of my purchases are from there.
>>
>>9406968
Remember when Lolita was fun & about self expression instead of being 100% camera ready & perfect...may just move on to axes femme & cutesy stuff. I just cannot compete. I don't have the time or the inclination. A jsk, blouse, cute shoes, purse & some discreet accessories are enough for me but I'd feel plain sharing such an outfit with the wider online community.
>>
>>9406974
Hey anon, I look for people like you on social media. OTT anything is fun but I want to see what people are actually wearing.
>>
>>9406923
Same. I like their older videos but some new ones like the Lolita problems one are pretty lame. I do still enjoy their unboxing videos because, lame jokes aside, their camera is pretty good and they catch the details of the dresses perfectly.
>>
>>9406974
I can't tell if you agree or disagree with my opinion. Omnia Vanitas was pretty OTT but somehow all of the coords ended up looking similar to me.

I agree with you about lolita being more about self expression and not camera ready. Most people who dress like that don't have a big internet presence so it feels like nobody is doing it.
>>
>>9406965
Bear in mind that Omnia Vanitas was last weekend and most of the coords are from that, it's the biggest event of the year from Street Fashion Europe so of course it's not designed for daily wear.
>>
A lot of the OP cuts AP have been doing recently remind me of something Grayson Perry would wear, and it makes me cringe and not want to wear them even though I know it's just because both have been inspired by 50s girls' party dresses.
>>
I like brand top hats.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170324-205218.jpg (456KB, 978x978px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170324-205218.jpg
456KB, 978x978px
When people do makeup like this for male cosplays, also the "extending the mouth" thing in general, that always looks disgusting.
>>
Sometimes I prefer a replica over the thing it's copying
>>
>>9406932
I totally agree with this! I really don't like printed tights much in general and think it's always retarded when people say you should have printed tights with every coord.
>>
I genuinely love decololita
>>
I actually don't mind PJ/Kigu cosplays, and I don't care about matching weight/skin color. Weight only matters to me if they're "professional" or are selling their photos like they are.
>>
>>9407193
I've never seen the mouth extending thing before. Is it a newer trend? It is truly unpleasant, damn
>>
>>9407335
Its been gaining popularity in the past year or so, at least that's how long I've noticed it. Its terrible.
>>
>>9406961
I think that phase is over.
>>
File: niggs.png (84KB, 587x227px) Image search: [Google]
niggs.png
84KB, 587x227px
I don't think Jessica Nigri is bad.
>>
Im tired of people cosplaying AU shit like Attack on titan is the worst and I used to cosplay in it heavily. Cant really meet folks and take pictures together when they are in booty shorts shipping something stupid from a bad fanfic. Terrible
>>
99 out of 100 brolitas are creeps. When I see them, all I can think is that they're going to grab me by the pussy.
>>
>>9407210
people have said that you need printed tights with every coord? when?
>>
I hate most cutsew tops, especially when paired with an op/jsk. You're wearing an expensive/intricate piece of clothing and decide a shirt that looks like it came straight off a normal store's sales rack looks okay? I don't care what brand it's from, it looks cheap and in turn cheapens the outfit.
>>
Nerds should get beat up more often
>>
I hate that everyone and their mom (literally) are doing "sexy" Velma shoots/cosplay. Velma in the cartoons is literally the furthest thing from sexy, I just don't get it. It's so fanservice-y now its annoying.
>>
>>9407540
She's pretty hot in the terrible live-action movies, and the excellent Mystery Inc series.
>>
i miss Chokelate's coords
>>
>>9407554
Fuck, me too, anon. Her stellar modeling convinced me to take lolita fashion seriously. If I was more than a casual observer, I'd want to dress similarly to her because it's always so damn on point.
>>
>>9407386
Not that anon, but I have seen it implied several times on this board. Many times it's been someone complaining about plain tights. I personally prefer plain tights, so idk what the deal is...
>>
>>9407554
But she still posts.. doesn't she?
>>
>>9407594
She's been laying low because more and more people are calling her out on her scammy bullshit.
>>
Girlyhoot was hot, and whoever called her a pooper was probably ita.
>>
>>9407597
isn't it a little late for you to be up, Kate?
>>
>>9407597
She had a phat booty, senpai. Don't even care if it's kinda poopy.
>>
File: cheat.png (2MB, 800x1593px) Image search: [Google]
cheat.png
2MB, 800x1593px
>>9407619
It's why they invented baby wipes.
>>
>>9407633
you can stop anytime, we'll wait
>>
I think itas deserve to live.
>>
>>9406974
>I just cannot compete
Why do you feel the need to compete at all? Who cares what's popular in the general online community? Just wear what you like, it's a fashion, not a contest.
>>
>>9407386
almost every time someone wears plain tights on cof or gets posted here I see people nitpicking the tights.
>>
>>9406974
You don't have to share your basic lolita coord on CoF
You wouldn't share pictures of you wearing an axes dress either would you?
On the other hand, if you do share your basic coords maybe people will realise it looks better than OTT
>>
>>9406965
>particularly the event outfits

But anon that's the point? Why go to a big event and not dress up?
>>
File: 2395869650.jpg (99KB, 654x660px) Image search: [Google]
2395869650.jpg
99KB, 654x660px
>>9406920
Why are there so many versions of this picture? Why is OP's the shittiest?
>>
>>9407645
delet this
>>
>>9406923
I agree. I would kill for a good lolita video with good actors in it, like the Kingsmen parody.
>>
>>9407576
>>9407653
that's not people outright saying "all coordinates must have patterned tights"
>>
>>9407691
Because it's no a costume competition. Not that anon but I think OTT looks ugly and unbalanced 99% of the time.

My unpopular opinion is that people who think you need to add more, have bigger hair, bigger accessories etc. to make a coord more 'balanced' are retarded
>>
>>9407542
That's because of the following for her from the original. and her being a nerd's "wet dream"
>>
>>9407335
>>9407193
>tfw you know someone with a broad mouth who constantly looks like they have "extending the mouth" makeup when it's just their normal self but you can't ever say anything about it as long as you live and they're a lovely person too
>>
When masculine try to use lady's bathroom they should be kicked from comm.
>>
If you brap during tea, you're a fucking pig.
>>
Replicas are fine if you're a fatty-chan.
>>
I don't think trannies should be welcomed in the com
>>
I hate wristcuffs and will never wear never them
>>
>>9407364
The unpopular part is not saying 100 out of 100 are.
>>
>>9408201
Do you consider brolitas to be tr***ies?
>>
>>9408377
No. That being said I also believe that gay and even nongay men who wear lolita have a fetish that deals with wearing woman's clothes.
>>
File: notahegao.jpg (201KB, 645x645px) Image search: [Google]
notahegao.jpg
201KB, 645x645px
Don't wear the virgin-killer sweater to cons, especially if your testicles are going to hang out the bottom.
>>
The policing over old-school lolita is ridiculous. I'll see people that obviously have the vibe down get nitpicked because their blouse is chiffon or because not every bit of lace on them is cotton. As far as I know, dresses weren't made out of those materials back then (and if they were, I apologize for my ignorance and please completely disregard this post) so of course they weren't in the fashion, but I'm sure girls back then wouldn't have given a fuck about their laces not matching or wearing a chiffon blouse with a cotton dress.
>>
I don't get why lolita/japanese fashion are on /cgl/ it's stupid fashion shit that isn't cosplay at all.
>>
>>9408456
careful not to fall for it...
>>
>>9408456
I partially agree.

Jfash makes 0 sense being on this board

Japanese FASHION
We have a fucking fashion board.
CGL is for cosplay and lolita, and anything else needs to gtfo to /fa/
>>
>>9408462
CAREFUL ONT TO FALL FOR IT...
>>
>>9408462
>CGL is for cosplay and gothic lolita
fixed it for ya. this sweet and classic crap needs to get off the board.
>>
>>9408420
What stupid hobby. Why do you people even do this shit?
>>
>>9408389
every other brolita ive met has gender issues, and there's a good chance the ones in sweet are sissies. i love lolita but i don't think i'd ever consider wearing it.
>>
>>9408467
>>9408462
>>9408468
I legit forgot what the gl stood for..

Why are these ideas combined? Cosplay is completely independent of lolita.
>>
>>9408462
I think bc there is often lolita programming at conventions and sometimes there is overlap between lolitas and cosplayers. Compared to the shit on /fa/, lolitas don't really have anything in common either, esp since its a mostly male board.

>>9408420
I understand why people get annoyed. It's about fitting a certain aesthetic. Sure, back then people may not have cared, but now old school is its own style. It's not that those clothes are the only thing available.
>>
>>9408469
Why are you here?
>>
>>9408477
To observe and shitpost, of course
>>
>>9408473
/cgl/ is a euphemism for /grl/, tbqh. if moot could have worked bitching into the acronym, he would have.
>>
>>9408473
Cosplay and Elegant Gothic Lolita. Combined to be cgl.

Okay fine, you have Gothic, it makes sense for Classic and Sweet.

But Jfashion? What the fuck?
That's like if the board dedicated to Sports and Outdoors included photography or something. "But some photography is done outdoors!" is not an excuse.
>>
>>9408419
That's why I cut mine off.
>>
File: 1479407591761.gif (439KB, 300x163px) Image search: [Google]
1479407591761.gif
439KB, 300x163px
Most unpopular opinion:

My puns about the Velma cosplayer in the easy cosplays thread were funny.
>>
File: 1409109665752.jpg (169KB, 520x853px) Image search: [Google]
1409109665752.jpg
169KB, 520x853px
The only reason i browse this board is because it has women and im a lonely /v/fag. When i find a comment cute (think manic pixie girl tyoe comments) i juts pretend there is a cute girl with purple hair on the other end and we eventually meet and fall in love.
>>
File: withhispenis.jpg (60KB, 546x457px) Image search: [Google]
withhispenis.jpg
60KB, 546x457px
When I see a costume with a mask, I assume whoever's underneath is an uggo.
>>
>>9408506
I only come here because I find these weirdos strangely fascinating. The horror story threads are fun too
>>
Fat girls can look cute in lolita. /shrug
>>
>>9408509
I only do masked/painted face cosplays, but I'm not an uggo. :')
>>
>>9408513
As mistaken as this is, I don't think it's unpopular, judging by the depressing amount of whales in the western community
>>
I dislike Mana and I think he's washed up and I group him in the same category as Gackt.
>>
>>9408420
Yeah I don't get it either, doing that is precisely in the spirit of old school, if you want to replicate the past down to the material that's fine too, but there was also the silhouette that was just as important.

I give no shits about wearing chiffon. I tried cotton but chiffon is less bulky, fits better inside a jsk, and it's a million times cooler temperature wise, especially when you're wearing something like velveteen. I think it fits the aesthetic really well, it looks good together so call it what you want, new old school or whatever. I also really like wearing oxfords and they fit the britishism so I do it.
>>
>>9408513
>/shrug
don't do this
>>
>>9408420
>>9408695

What's bizarre is that I own chiffon pieces from 2000-2002. Do these pieces not count as old school because they don't fit the frumpy, velvet and cotton combo aesthetic we see whenever we mention old school? Doesn't seem right to me. I'm not really into old school anyways but I always found that interesting.
>>
>>9408734
Actual old pieces made from material considered "unconventional" for old school (chiffon fabric, tulle lace) are fine, it's when people try to incorporate newly designed pieces that problems arise because modern designs usually don't work well with the aesthetic. This obviously doesn't apply to rereleased pieces because they may be new but they're based on old designs so they still work with the aesthetic.
>>
>>9408686
If you consider yourself a lolita, you're a pleb and uniformed
>>
>>9408495
Newwwww
>>
Fake bois fujoshis cosplayers, UGH
>>
>>9407200
I agree and the people who clame they can ALWAYS tell are full of it. Some replicas are well made.
>>
File: 1446403794512.png (56KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446403794512.png
56KB, 446x400px
>>9409017
>implying people can't tell your trash bag of a dress is fake
>>
>>9409020
Note i said the people that claim they can ALWAYS tell. Im not denying that there are some shit replicas or that maybe even most replicas aren't but there are some pretty good ones. Im only claiming that i think people who say they can always 100% of the time tell are full of shit.
>>
>>9409024
You're still a piece of shit for supporting replicas.
>>
>>9409032
wtf are replicas
>>
>>9409032
Wow, so that's all you have left?
Never said I supported them. I was talking about the way they look. Like the turquoise holy lantern replica. They sometimes make changes that look good and make me like the replica more than the original. Do i buy them? Nope. I just prefer them in looks over the real thing.
Sorry if your simple brain can't handle that.
>>
>>9409053
Replicas are bootlegs.

Replicated pieces made by companies that are not the brand and without the brands permission. Often they are made cheaper as they can't get the original materials, accents and lace.
>>
Misty sky is ugly, unflattering and boring. I don't get the hype over it.
Also pretty much anything baby releases is ugly and shit.
Ouji is stagnant and needs to move with the fashion rather than existing in this aristocrat time warp.
Also I agree that busy tights are usually a bit much.
>>
>>9408686
what's wrong with Gackt?
>>
>>9409377
thank you
>>
>>9408506
That's kind of sweet. Hope you'll find her, anon!

>>9408512
The way you worded it made it sound like we are some kind of interesting specimen lol. We might dress up differently and have some "weird" hobbie but in the end we're all human, just like you.
>>
>>9409392
Not this anon but he looks like a 3rd rate host. Never understood the love for him. The music he made is not bad, same for Malice Mizer, although not my type.
Also Mana is so pedantic looking I never liked him he kinda looks like he never grew out of his edgy mallgoth phase
>lol i'll never talk in public and just make ~elegant gestures~ and have a girl talk for me instead
I guess he doesnt want to break his "feminine" image with a manly voice but it's just embarassing to watch his interviews.
>>
>>9409446
>he kinda looks like he never grew out of his edgy mallgoth phase
I thinks that's part of his charm. He's so determined to stay in his late 90s-early 2000s phase, it's kind of admirable. You're dead on with Gackt, though. His immortal vampire shtick is tired.
>>
>>9409455
Hm, I agree with you. In a way it's kind of admirable'
>>
>>9407335
>>9407343
Yeah i have seen a few lolitas who are wearing ouji do this sort of extreme make-up. To those thinking of doing it just dont. You dont look more masculine, you just look like you are wearing awful costume makeup. You dont actually have to do much to appear more masculine, and a lot of the changes are in expression and body language.
>>
>>9407651
I agree with you anon, just wear the clothes and dont seek affirmation from others. I hope you can find some lolita friends to be casual with; who are chill, understand the concept of occasion wear and arent weirdly competitive.
>>
>>9408456
i dont get why cosplay is on this board at all that shit isnt egl at all

lmao you sound stupid its neither side's fault this is like a joint board
>>
I hate all prints with playing cards or suits on them, it is tacky and often shoehorned. I also hate all prints that refference alice. I dont even get the alice theme, there are so many themes, eras and styles that have reportedly influenced lolita fashion since it's begining, where does alice in wonderland fit in? Im sure atsome stage a designer saw the movie or read the book and thought it was cute, but how is it a main influencer? Fluffy dress blonde haired girl? We allways explain that as victorian and roccoco anyway so how is alice even relevant tothat argument? Every single stage of the development of lolita fashion from the early days of 'delores' to the current ott classic trend we can explain the main influencers, inspo and referrences. Alice never gets brought up, and i cant even see a point where it was relevant enough to influence the style in anyway more than the allready more apparent and stronger inspirations for lolita fashion. It feels like a designer saw a movie once, made a print and people liked it. Where does it even fit in? I just dont get it.

>triggerd
>"we should rename lolita, alice kei."
>why not bo-peep kei then? Since that is also a recogniseable fictional charicter with fluffly dress.

>>9408495
jfash doesnt belong on /fa/ as the basement dwelling fashion elitists shit up all the threads and basically tell jfash to gtfo. Many gulls have interests in other jfash so 95% dont curr. Unpopular opion indeed so you dont have to like it, I just thought I would explain why it is this way.
>>
The only acceptable style for brolitas is gothic lolita. Sweet brolitas are AGP ageplay fetishists, classic brolitas are a mix but also often AGP and unless your face and body pass completely, it looks awkward and inelegant.

Gothic brolitas have more leeway due to the genderbending history of goth/ic fashion and the legacy of Mana-sama. I've found them less cringey to hang out with because they are more likely to genuinely appreciate gothic fashion and wear it more as artistic expression rather than some girly costume.
>>
So many seagulls could be so much happier if they'd think a bit out of the box when it comes to relationships. Cons are full of decently attractive, interesting, and socially adjusted guys (and girls) who share your interests, and yet every time I look at a feels thread it's full of girls posting about how their "normie" BFs don't respect or understand their hobbies, don't want to come to cons with them, etc.

I know tons of successful con couples, many of whom are now married and/or have been together for a decade or more, and meanwhile I've never had a friend in the community who made it past two or three years with somebody from outside.
>>
I think full shirring looks ok on fatties as long as they arent maxing it.
>>
>>9411528
This actually makes me feel kind of good.

I'm not an active brolita but I did it years ago and have considered doing it again, and I was always into Gothic. I'm not down for Mana's white makeup though.
>>
I don't consider a lolita to be a "real" lolita until she has brand. And at least 5 main pieces. And she has to wear it out of meetings/cons
>>
>>9411595
I don't feel this is an unpopular opinion, just that those in relationships with understanding significant others don't feel the need to bitch about them. Almost all my friends visit here and all of us met our partners either at cons or through cosplay. It's far healthier if your partner understands your obsessive hobby.
>>
I look down on people who post Taobao dresses in dream dress threads.
>>
>>9411615
You might be right, but any time I've seen a similar opinion expressed the poster has been accused of being /r9k/ looking for a /cgl/gf, and I know tons of girls IRL who make the same mistake over and over again as well.
>>
>>9411617
I look down on people who still pay +$200 for AP's cookie cutter dresses.
>>
>>9411617
i don't think is unpopular so much as unspoken
>>
>>9411793
Your Taobao would cost the same if it was made from better materials.
>>
I hate VK sweaters. It's boring as shit and not a good look on 99% of the people who wear them, or 99% of the characters people cosplay in them.
>>
>>9411617
Agree, 100%
>>
>>9411852
AP's recent releases are made from cheaper materials on top of having almost identical cuts and lace. I own a recent release and I am so disappointed. My older AP dresses are head and shoulders better even my $100 Taobao was better quality.

But let's say AP's materials are superior I'd still pay $200 for a taobao dress so my coords didn't look all the same.
>>
>>9411107
Not Lolita, but an avid AiW fan so I might be able to explain it somewhat:

AiW was one of (if not the) first commercial books in the west aimed at children that was only made for their pleasure, and not to deliver a moral or teach a lesson. It's very clever in it's surrealism, and unlike stories like Peter Pan, Alice is never portrayed as being in the wrong for having these ideas and experiences, and her strangeness is never villified. At the same time, it's an incredibly creative story, written by an adult in a way that is often nostalgic.

I think the creativity and constant motif of strangeness really appeals to a lot of people in fringe cultures, and AiW was goth, hippie, metal and emo before it ever was lolita. There's also the youth element; even though Alice is maybe twelve, the storys thoughts on growing up and the slight nostalgia for childhood is something I believe resonates with alt-fashion folk in general; very few of us manages to carry our subcultures with us into our adult years, and being a workplace punk/corporate goth/whathaveyou isn't a luxury allowed most. Lolita in particular has a lot of nostalgia for youth; even ageplay-wankery aside, look at the constant references to dolls and being "doll-like".

On top of that you then have the era, and the fact that Alice is an upper-class socialite. The real Alice was raised by private teachers in Oxford - her father was the dean of a college.

So you have a young, upper class girl, living the lifestyle of a victorian socialite, while still having a very discernable personality, who is very much also presented as kinda quirky and a bit weird, illustrated in a way that is very similar to the fashion. Again, AiW has been a standby in subculture for ages, lolita is just the first one that actually matches the aesthetic.

With that said, if we as a society never made another AiW adaption , I would not be too sad.
>>
>>9411107
The biggest influence is the silhouette and hairbow. There's a theory that the name of the fashion also comes from an alice-related comic.

>>9408495
How does it make not make sense to you for egl to be on the same board as cosplay but not jfashion on the same board as egl?
>>
>>9406920
this gothic lolita meme is an ugly fad and will die soon.
>>
>>9411107
The Alice obsession isn't so much a lolita thing as a Japanese thing. Certain western classics have had a massive influence on how Japanese society changed in the 20th century, and AiW was apparently one of them. As a result, she's a common symbol of fantasy and imagination in their pop culture.
>>
>>9412323
seems like some sweet bitch is mad their style is dying and full of nasty itas~
> :^3
>>
>>9412248
>There's a theory that the name of the fashion also comes from an alice-related comic.
Never heard of that one, elaborate please?
>>
>>9411608
basically same except i don't consider them unless they have 10+ burando pieces. i don't care about the opinions of people who don't have at least that much, which is basically nothing
>>
>>9411608
I think elitists exist. This anon is a proof.
>>
I don't care how much photoshop a cosplayer or photographer uses or how little they resemble that in real life as long as the final result looks well executed and as if it could be natural.
>>
>>9412460
5 main pieces is hardly anything though? i guess i am an elitist if i look down on poorfags
>>
>>9411617
What about indie brands that are not taobao? I don't disagree with you at all, I'm just curious.
>>
>>9412481
Nayrt but I still consider someone a lolita if they have 5 pieces, regardless of if brand or not ~and~ can put together ~good~ coords. A girl might have 5 AP dresses but if she's just wearing them with a normie shirt and no petti she's not a lolita.
>>
>>9412466
agreed
>>
>>9412432
I only need one more burando main piece for you to care about my opinion.
Watch out anon.
>>
>>9411608
I don't fit into this definition and I agree.

I have 5 dresses, only 2 of which are brand (AP and IW, the rest are taobao), and only wear lolita once or twice a year for events. I'm not the type of person to commit to one or two hobbies full force. I have a wide array of hobbies and money sinks and I think it'd be weird to call myself "a lolita" just because I like to coordinate lolita outfits every once and a while.

It'd be like calling yourself an equestrian because you go trail riding every few months.
>>
File: IMG_1918.jpg (198KB, 586x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1918.jpg
198KB, 586x577px
Opinions on non-brand Lolitas- in your opinions on whether or not someone is a Lolita without brand
>>
>>9411608
I consider someone less of a lolita if they primarily wear it to anime conventions. I don't consider someone a lolita at all if they only ever wear it to meetups or cons and never just when going out normally.
>>
File: work-work-alice.gif (99KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
work-work-alice.gif
99KB, 550x550px
>>9411107
>We allways explain that as victorian and roccoco anyway so how is alice even relevant tothat argument? Every single stage of the development of lolita fashion from the early days of 'delores' to the current ott classic trend we can explain the main influencers, inspo and referrences. Alice never gets brought up, and i cant even see a point where it was relevant enough to influence the style in anyway more than the allready more apparent and stronger inspirations for lolita fashion.

Alice in Wonderland has influenced lolita from the beginning, it pops up as a theme from the early G&LBs onwards. If you think it's not as trace-able through lolita history as Victorian and Rococo influence is you're either an idiot or fairly ignorant of lolita history (it arguably goes back earlier than the rococo influence does - Victorian/Rococo/50s elements show up in lolita a lot earlier than the French/Georgian-style dresses do). Lots of designers apparently like the story and themes of being a proper young maiden dumped in a strange and sometimes hostile world. Additionally, Alice is part of the Victorian influence since it was originally a book about a Victorian child, much like the oft-cited porcelain doll influence also really just goes back to Victorian childrens' fashion.

You don't have to like it and personally I hate playing card/magic motifs too, but Alice is hardly a bizarre choice for something for lolitas to identify with, especially when you look at the fashion as it was in the oldschool era rather than how it is now.
>>
File: g_fell_alice.jpg (37KB, 302x303px) Image search: [Google]
g_fell_alice.jpg
37KB, 302x303px
>>9414765
*Victorian/50s elements show up a lot earlier than Rococo/French/Georgian-style dresses do - obvious typo, I'm tired.
>>
>>9408420
>I'll see people that obviously have the vibe down get nitpicked because their blouse is chiffon or because not every bit of lace on them is cotton.
If they've got those things wrong they probably don't have the vibe down, you just haven't seen enough real oldschool to be able to tell the difference. If I had a dollar for every time someone said that a CoF post with items and styling that glaringly don't fit the aesthetic "perfectly" encompassed the oldschool vibe I'd probably have like $100 and still be salty. Seriously, watching the average lolita try to comment on what is and isn't good oldschool is like seeing your normie aunt completely unable to tell the difference between your brand coordinate and whatever ita eBay shit she bought you for Christmas. Both are not knowledgeable enough about the subject to be able to give an accurate comment.

That said, my unpopular opinion is that I don't actually like frumpy coords. To me, it's unflattering in an ugly way, not a charming way, and it ruffles my bloomers that so many people assume it must be compulsory for oldschool items to be baggy and ill-fitting when most oldschool coords weren't even like that. Same with shoes - I like a chunky platform as much as the next lolita, but people seem to forget that slim heels and elegant shoes existed back then.
>>
>>9408734
Old-school chiffon pieces are nearly always gothic, it's not the same as people shoehorning a chiffon Taobao blouse in a modern cut into an old school sweet or classic coord.
>>
Otome and larme are boring and conformist.
>>
>>9412501
As long as they're not cheapo brands I don't mind, I think.
To me the definition of a dream dress is one that is rare or expensive or relatively hard to get in some other shape or form. So when I see someone go "OMG new dream dress!!!" over the latest Taobao release for example, I can't help but think "pssh, really?". Plus I have yet to see a Taobao dress that would be "worth it" to make such a fuss over it, quality-wise.

This is coming from someone who doesn't even have dream dresses, just a list of things I will eventually buy when I come across them for a good price at the right time.
>>
Big boobs don't fit lolita
>>
>>9417821
bitch this isn't an unpopular opinion it's a fucking fact
>>
>>9417821
That's not an unpopular opinion. That's a sad fact we have to live with as we put on sports bras, binders and triple check the jsk bust measurements.
>>
File: chipschipschipschips.jpg (40KB, 174x156px) Image search: [Google]
chipschipschipschips.jpg
40KB, 174x156px
>pic:mfw, wearing card prints

>>9414768
Poster that you responded too. No I am not arguing that it didn't show up or that wasn't a theme that was used, I'm not a retard anon or ignorant of lolita history. I was stating how I didn't understand its relevance, as an actual design inspiration outside of a designer saw a movie or read a book once and voila. I don't necessarily think that alice is part of the Victorian influence aesthetics wise, sure she was a Victorian girl, but the fashion draws from actual Victorian fashions not necessarily from alice, otherwise we would be cosplayers. Which is what I meant by:
>I cant even see a point where it was relevant enough to influence the style in anyway more than the already more apparent and stronger inspirations for lolita fashion.
>i.e sure she existed, but the other influences developed the style's aesthetics, not her. I guess it could be said they are tangentially related.

>>9412426
As anon that I responded to earlier said, that was more influenced by Victorian childrens wear. Alice just wore Victorian childrens wear, because she was a Victorian girl.

>>9412338
>>9412241
Thanks anons, this helped me understand a lot better. So Alice is essentially the posterchild for the zeitgeist, that makes so much more sense.

Still not a fan of alice-kei though, even with understanding how it is related. It is hard enough trying to tell normies that we aren't cosplaying.
>>
>>9411932
What taobao brands are you buying from? All of my taobao pieces are of marked inferior quality.

>I look down on people who don't support the major creators, trend setters, innovators and hubs for the subculture because they are cheap, entitled arseholes.
>>
>>9408489
/cgl/ hasn't always been "the girl board". It used to be a place for /jp/ types to post pictures of qt cosplay girls from Comiket and shit. It was only later that actual cosplayers started posting. Actual lolitas came even later.
>>
>>9412426
>>9417843
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.nl/2013/11/why-is-lolita-called-lolita-does-lolita.html?m=1
>>
I don't care about nitpicks and small problems /cgl/ goes nuts over at meets, as long as girls don't look so ita they're an embarrassment to be seen with. I would honestly kill to attend a meet where everyone looks what /cgl/ considers mediocre, no matter what we always have at least one or two itas at ours.
>>
>>9407193
Okay, the makeup is one thing, but how the fuck did this person look at the construction of that jacket and think it was acceptable to post?
>>
>>9417845
Giving out names at this point would probably just give people incentive to shit talk about good taobao, look at the lolita taobao thread there's some good reviews there.

Blindly following any part of subculture just because it was first is damaging. Angelic Pretty in particular really needs to step it up. I'm not saying they're too expensive I am saying their product is cheap and unoriginal.
>>
>>9406974
I feel you anon. I'm starting to love more this type of 'soft lolita' and similar styles rather fully lolita.
>>
>>9411595
This so much. I don't get why some guys or girls settle for 'normies' or people that have nothing in common with them. Maybe some would accept anyone just to not be alone or miserable, I prefer to be alone rather with someone that don't share anything with me or hates my hobby/fashion style.
>>
>>9408201
uhg pls fuck off
>>
>>9408201
I agree
>>
I don't mind when lolita dresses hit above the knee. Maybe I'm bias because I'm a giraffe but I don't personally like the look of most underskirts and find tea length dresses to be meh at best. I mean obviously nothing that is too too short to the point of fetishy/slutty but a bit above the knee always looks cute/fine--especially in sweet and goth.
>>
I saw a photo of a local jfash meetup and it looked so awkward. People put on super-OTT looks and just go hang out in a park? So few photos of people wearing jfashion in club nights, parties, concerts and surrounded by other interestingly-dressed people. Why get all dressed up with nowhere to go?
>>
>>9421688
>club nights, parties, concerts
Do you ever go to those places in jfashion yourself? I do but I don't post pictures of me and my friends. Most people dress in basic alt fashion tough. At jmusic related events there used to be "photographers" of Music Japan+ sometimes but I haven't seen them in years.
>>
>>9421183
She looks like a drag queen
>>
>>9421688
>club nights, parties, concerts
IDK about you anon but all of these places are full of normies or rigid styles of other alt fash (e.g. punk) where I live.
>>
I think 90% off lolita shoes look like ridiculous ageplay gear.
>>
I think 90% of sweet lolita looks absolutely ridiculous, especially AP. The older you are the cringiest it gets.
>>
>>9406974
This a hundred times.
Simple lolita is best lolita.
>>
>>9421717
>>9421979
I wear my Japanese clothes to goth/industrial and burner type parties and get compliments but it seems like I'm the only one in this city. Guess you're right that people who do might not post the pics.
>>
>>9422382
I agree really, if you're over 18 wearing sweet anywhere other than cons it's a bit cringey
>>
>>9422382
>>9422546
I think sweet only looks bad on white girls because they age quickly. Other girls, mainly Asians, have a longer amount of time they can wear it.
>>
>>9408201
>tfw you're literally everything /cgl/ hates rolled up into one basket
>ftm tranny forever obsessed with yaoi
>after passing as male consistently and I can finally be comfortable with expressing my feminine side
>want to start getting into lolita cause I like being cute and sewing
>more likely than not also have a sissy fetish

What can I say, being degenerate is fun
>>
>>9422561
agreed, white girls age like curdled milk. other people look fine in sweet when they're older
>>
>>9422563
w-w-why even ftm in the first place then???
>>
>>9422563
If you pass as male consistently despite having a feminine height/skeleton, you'll probably look awkward af in lolita. I mean do what you want and all but you don't want to run around looking silly, keep the outfits to the bedroom maybe.
>>
>>9408252
same
>>
File: hianon.gif (972KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
hianon.gif
972KB, 500x281px
>>9408506
>see file name
>>
>>9422563
Fucking same, minus the lolita.
>>
>>9422563
>ftm tranny forever obsessed with yaoi

I stopped reading after that, get a life faggot
>>
>>9422530
I've worn jgoth and gothic lolita to goth/industrial events but I can't imagine any other Japanese subculture other than cyber or maybe steampunk would fly. Certainly none of the pastel stuff.
>>
>>9422561
>>9422565
I think white women 18+ look good in sweet when they style it like a fashion for adults -- put-together makeup, shoes with a bit of heel, no twintails or below the knee socks, maybe a bit more of an edge to the look. "Pretty & hyperfeminine" vs "little girl."

Adult women who go too young with their looks just look really bad & goths, classic lolita, and non-lolitas (I'm thinking yumekawa and nanchatte seifuku girls in specific) can do it too.
>>
>>9422594
I agree. I think OTT pastel vomit sweet looks retarded on older people and in general, but a more mature fashionable sweet works on more mature looking people.
>>
>>9422546
It's not like people age suddenly after 18. Heck, I'm 23 and my 16-year-old sister is often mistaken for being older than me. Plenty of people, even white girls, look like teenagers until after their mid-20s.
>>
>>9422563
>ftm tranny
>sissy

h-how?

Seriously though, if this isn't bait, cgl and most lolitas won't hate you because they'll never see you as a real sissy like they would if you were a cis man.
>>
>>9422600
okiedokie whitey
>>
File: EjJopdb.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EjJopdb.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9422603
>>
>>9422590
There are always 80s and retrowave nights for certain of the pastel stuff. But you're right, that's actually a reason I can't get into most decora-influenced pastel looks. It's too fussy to naturally hang around in, but also not really appropriate for partying. So what do you do with that?
>>
>>9422546
That is a cringy opinion. Conlita detected.
>>
>>9422568
Muh gender dysphoria. Not everyone can be a good little heterosexual harry benj trutrans.

>>9422570
Yeah I'm pretty much a gym rat but I figure it won't matter that much I mostly like kodona and aristocrat male styles, maybe throw in a frilly cord when I'm feeling faggy.

>>9422601
If this wasn't the internet I wouldn't tell anyone I was trans mostly because I don't need that drama. I'm not really too worried about being seen as a creepy brolita, I'm not social inept also I'm pretty not-creepy looking. I just think it's funny how much cgl lowkey rags on men, and then goes to post these 4/10 skinnyfat men in the "sexy male cosplay" thread, lmao. Is this really what women want? Even fit has better taste in men than yall.
>>
>>9422631
>There are always 80s and retrowave nights
Not where I live, but w/e. IDK about decora but a lot of girls that wear fairy kei, including people I know IRL, seem to wear it to go shopping and then get desserts or bubble tea or something. It's not totally out-of-place in the average F21 or wherever and they spend the time hunting for offbrand pastel stuff. Very heavy decora, IDEK, but I feel like it'd work at some US raves since it looks very like kandi kid stuff.

>>9422661
Just because muscular men is your fetish doesn't mean the rest of us have to like it.
>>
Lolitas deserve to ge swirlied and have their lunch money taken
>>
>>9422382
>sweet lolita looks ridiculous
Implying that all of lolita doesn't look ridiculous
>>
>>9422382
>mfw when 29 and still wear sweet.

Seems like only other lolitas care too much about this, I have never gotten shit over it from anyone else.
>>
File: 1425605370263.jpg (239KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
1425605370263.jpg
239KB, 1044x770px
>OTT classic is a flaming train wreck that should have happened
>cherry prints are ugly
>bright blue can OLNY look good in old school gothic, and has to be MMM
>super short/shell/shirred (?) OP sleeves look terrible, especially if you're not asian stick thin
>wrist cuffs are tacky
>tea parties are really ugly if they're low/no heel, git gud or wear different shoes
>people should have to either have their BFs clean up and actually be in fashion, or don't bring them at all to meets. they're 99% of the time nasty, greasy, and creepy
>OTKs (and especially sweet print ones) look really bad, they make your legs look stumpy and fat
>tights/thigh-highs where you can't see any leg or lace anklets are the only leg wear that look decent in non-oldschool styles
>>
>>9422734
>cherry prints are ugly
You take that back.
>>
>>9422734
you must be fun at parties. dumb bitch.
>>
>>9422734
>t. nun
>>
>>9422737
>>9422738
>>9422743
Get some taste fatasses
>>
>>9422738
Sorry you have bad taste anon, just stay at home with your nasty socks and tacky shoes
>>
>>9422730
>Only retarded teenage newfag conlitas care too much about age

Ftfy.

Any decent lolitas that have been in the fashion for a while and afford it due to having adult jobs couldn't give two shits about age. Most lolitas in their mid 20s to early 30s vocally support not giving a fuck and wearing whatever the fuck you want since we all look ridiculous anyway.
>>
>>9422734
Agreed on first point.

OTT classic trend took the fashion from fun and wearable street fashion (yes even OTT sweet) to costumed pretend princess bullshit.
>>
Dunno if this is unpopular, but flat lolita shoes are ten times more uncomfortable than any heels I've ever worn. Fuck lolita shoes.
Also can everyone shut up about 'fatties'? I don't give a shit if fat people want to cosplay their favourite characters, as long as they don't half-ass it.
>>
>>9422565
>white wimminz age like curdled milk
Keep telling yourself that.
24 and mistaken for 18-19. It depends on your genes and if you take care of yourself/your skin/...
>>
>>9422868
>we all look ridiculous anyway
This a hundred times.
You either look like a creepy doll/ageplay/whatever the fuck y'all think about sweet, like you wrapped yourself in your grand grandmother curtains and lampshades in classic and like you're just another edgy mallgoth in gothic.
So just fucking wear your frilly shit and stop being cunts.
>>
>>9408473
When people first started wearing Jfashions en masse in the early and mid aughts, mostly weebs did it, and mostly they wore their shit to anime cons.

T. Old af.
>>
>>9423569
keep telling yourself that whitey, lol
>>
>>9423569
I'm thirty one and got carded in my normie goth clothes and no makeup in a bar this weekend. People still think I just graduated high school all the time.

Anon just doesn't know how to skincare.
>>
>>9423617
I don't know about you personally, but I card anyone who looks remotely under the age of 35. It's not to flatter you, I'm literally doing it to cover my ass because I could be fired and my workplace could lose our liquor license. It's really annoying when people act all bashful when I card them like "ooooh you thought I was 21!? I'm actually 32!!!! Wowza I am a youngin lookin person!"

Sage for OT
>>
>>9423617
Seconding this, I live in a college town and get asked out by college dudes who want to know what my major is.
>tfw graduated years ago
Genes, avoiding too much sun exposure, and a great skin care routine all help immeasurably.
>>
>>9423615
i hope you arent latina, they age the worst of them all
>>
>>9408500
Another unpopular opinion: i-i also thought they were funny
>>
I hate women.
>>
>>9411595

that requires them to settetl for a 6/10 looking one instead of hot chad.
>>
While I'm accepting of the trend that you shouldn't insult someone's cosplay, I feel that it's been causing people to wear awful costumes and no one ever tells them they look terrible.
>>
whether or not people want to admit it, a good amount of lolita's basis is related to fetishes.
Obviously not all of it, and obviously not for everyone, but a huge amount of it is emulating childlike looks.
>>
>>9424458
Or is it just society defining classical femininity such as pastels, ruffles lace etc. as childish? Femininity is often viewed as a sign of weakness and a bad charactetic and overly feminine things are okay to enjoy only if you are a little girl. If you are an adult women enjoying such things society is defining it as childish or sexual behaviour because somehow it's not okay to embrace cute and girly motifs. I'm just wondering why. Child's appearance is decided by adults afterall so what's really childish.
>>
>>9422661
> Is this really what women want?
Pretty much. There's a reason why a lot of gay men go for bara and women gravitate to the androgyny in yaoi.
>>
Guys using cosplay to show off their topless body. Fuck off already
>>
>>9424582
Same
>>
>>9424582
>>9424783
lol as a str8 girl lemme just say...I Highly encourage it. Get REKT skinny fats/300lbs neck beards.
>>
>>9424800
Not original anon, but I am a gay male, come off your high horse. Its called an unpopular opinion thread for a reason.
>>
>>9422703
Get out Chad
>>
>>9424813
Lmao I just like hot dudes who are next to naked
Also are you new here? These threads are only made so ppl can argue about inane shit so
>>
>>9424850
Not even new, aint even mad.
>>
>>9422661
I only go for skinny wiry men. I'm not attracted to buff men. There's plenty of girls who like buff men. Just like men's taste in women, one size does not fit all.
>>
>>9424853
I bet if anon saw J-nig they'd get triggered and start typing angrily about how slutty she is.
>>
>>9424911
Eh, shes old news. Dont care much about "slutty" cosplayers myself.
>>
>>9423628
this x100

people who brag about being carded are bragging about not looking 40 lmao
>>
not lolita but I am so sick of black and white polkadots in fairy kei
god it's so over done and strays so far from the basics of fairy kei
>>
>>9422661
Kodona is not a thing; it's called ouji. Kodona is a made up word that the singer of a vkei band used to describe his own fashion style (which doesn't look like ouji). It literally means "child-adult" in Japanese. Sage for OT.
>>
>>9422928
i only wear heels cause flats are super fuckin painful
>>
>>9424458
why do you equate young girls with fetishes tho anon, why
>>
>>9406920
If you can't respect the source material enough to call it by it's name,then you probably shouldn't be cosplaying it.

I don't mind if you genderbend,racebend,too fat,too skinny,turn it into a furry,I don't give a fuck.

I just want to know that you cared enough to pay attention to the story enough to know what their fucking name was,not even the full fucking name if that's applicable.
>>
Anyone here have the cartoon image of the lolita firing a machine gun?
>>
>>9425296
>waaah someone got my favorite anime wroooong
>>
>>9425317
nope

not even favorite anime

it fucking irks me when people cosplay flavor of the month shit and can't get their name right

and it also rubs me the wrong way when people cosplay old shit that most /a/nons know can't name their shit either

Everyone has seen EVA,for the love of christ,His name is Gendo,that's Shinji,she's Rei,and that's Asuka.

The green hair loli from OPM is Tatsumaki

Rin is the girl and Len is the boy

[spoiler]If you're having fun,that makes it a little more tolerable,but when people go up to you and ask for a picture with "X" or "Y" character,DO NOT respond with "Who?"[/spoiler]

Fuck yeah that makes me mad and I hate small cons for that shit
>>
File: 1468890671844.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468890671844.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
>>9425324
>Everyone has seen EVA
I haven't. Also some people just want the attention they'll never get at home or never got to experience in school. They know if they cosplay something popular and cheap to get, it's a given.

Triple for "sexy" cosplays.
>>
>>9425296

I don't give a shit about the details of cosplay but I clicked this thread cause it was on the front page and I wanted to see how this thread would go down.

But Jesus, people who don't know the least thing about the character they cosplay as deserve death via Glander's. Soulless and lame, they are just booth babes without employment. And you can bet most of them didn't even work on their costume. They're just shitty models.

If that's not an unpopular opinion, here's another: Asians can almost never pull off anime character cosplay :) GTFO, Sailor Moon from Kyoto. [spoiler]Really though I am mostly salty that I could never cosplay as Batwoman in her latex bodysuit and people should cosplay what they love or else they are lame and should just be strippers or hired models.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9425339
>>9425324
>[/spoiler]
>/cgl/
>>
>>9425339
You sound fat.
>>
>>9425328
Try it! Eva is a classic and has aged really well. There's something for everyone in there, all over the emotional gamut. You'll have a good time.
>>
>>9425344
looks like an autist from /tv/ decided to grace us with their presence
>>
>>9424911
>what is bisexual
oh my sweet summer child
Nah she's hot too, sadly she won't go topless no matter how many times we ask
>>
>>9425404
>summer
What planet are you from?
>>
>>9425413
Westeros
>>
>>9425413
Even if you didn't understand the reference, do you not believe in hemispheres?
>>
>>9412241
lews carrol was a pedophile
>>
>>9417845
I was the original anon responding and I'm so tired of "brand's quality have been deacreasing". Like what are people honestly expecting? Also, I own AP and Baby dresses from 2005-2016 and imo there is not that much variaton in quality. Materials have changed and prints have replaced lace details and appliques but that's about it. Seriously, lolita doesn't even cost that much. Compared to H&M, sure, but anything manufactured somewhere else than a sweatshop should. My Taobao pieces has been nice for their price (20-80€) but still I would rather save the money and get a dress from brand because the quality, design and material choices are better. Good for anon if she's fine with Taobao, but Taobao always looks and feels like Taobao. And smells.
>>
Fat whales cosplaying and having the audacity to show skin. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>9407193
On a similar note
I hate ~*Royal*~ brows
Specially in Lolita
>>
File: 1479697618313.gif (2MB, 245x286px) Image search: [Google]
1479697618313.gif
2MB, 245x286px
I always find myself cringing at threads where people have collections of dresses or cosplay in the thousands of dollars but don't have a house. If you're blowing hundreds of dollars on a dress (this goes for any hobby really) but you have $0 towards a down-payment, you're a retard.

I'm gonna guess this is where a lot of relationship drama stems from too since your bfs probably don't want to be living in a shitty ass apartment for a decade or longer.
>>
>>9425926
Where are those people?
>>
>>9425926
That was completely random, and I've never heard relationship drama in these threads related to houses. On the subject of houses, a good house worth purchasing is not easy to find.

Besides, if anyone has pressing issues with living in a shitty apartment for a decade then they can go buy a house and stop complaining.
>>
>>9425926
Don't have a house as in they still live with their parents or like even if they live on their own but have an apartment?
I can't tell if you're shitting on being a dependent or shitting on people living in apartments/town houses/condos
>>
>>9425945
I'm mostly confused about the comparison of the cost of a decent lolita wardrobe to the cost of a house. The down payment is only the first part then there's only 50,000-100,000+ more to pay. Hell, we'd all have houses if we could buy them for the cost of our closets.
>>
>>9406932
What are "coords" mate
>>
>>9426051
lurk more newfriend
>>
>>9425926
I don't see the issue with living in apartments (given their not total shitholes of course). Some people genuinely do not give a shit about owning their own big home because their priorities lie elsewhere.
>>
>>9425926
Wardrobe cost
>$5 K
average house/condo cost in my city
>$900+ K

Kind of a different ballpark
>>
>>9406969
Am I the only one who likes new AP and thinks old meta was best?
>>
>>9426361
lol are you from Vancouver ? Because thats about the prices around here
>>
>>9426442
I can assume what they cost in my area. Which is 70,000-200,000 dollars. What they cost elsewhere doesn't do me one bit of good since I don't live elsewhere.
>>
It doesn't matter if your cosplay is shit as long as you have fun and believe in yourself.
>>
I hate it when people hold their skirts in photos. I think it's dumb. The skirt is already poofy why are you holding it?
>>
>>9426439
Toronto lol
This fucking country
>>
>>9425926
Buying a €200 dress every other month isn't what's preventing me from buying a house... I could sell my entire wardrobe and still be only like 1/20th of the way to a really shitty shack next to some sewage plant. Not sure where you're from but where I (want to) live, prices start at €200k. Anything under that is going to be a literal broom closet and why would I buy a house I wouldn't want to live in for more than a few years? Priorities now are building a career and waiting till bf pays off his debts so that in a few years we can get a proper mortgage. Our current apartment is fine for the meantime.
>>
>>9421647
i agree anon
>>
>>9425296
>>9425317
>>9425324
>>9425339

My popular opinion is 20% edgier: If you don't know the source material, don't cosplay form it. I'm even okay with pre-bought costumes, just-
Why go to a nerd convention
Full of nerds
Dressed in nerdy regalia
And choose to bandwagon instead of dressing as something you actually enjoy. You're wasting an opportunity, if you ask me.

>but anon, I'm interested in attention
You're still the worst type of person
>>
>>9424834
U mad nerd?
>>
>>9425576
He was also a phenomenal writer
>>
>>9427959
Sometimes it's to show the print more clearly.
>>
>>9425328
Neither have I and I still know everyone's names/personality
>>
File: lolitas-being-silly.jpg (223KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
lolitas-being-silly.jpg
223KB, 700x467px
I hate when lolitas take pictures of them doing dumb faces or silly poses, I don't care if it's a selfie or a group pic.
>>
>>9430872
you must be fun to have at meets
>>
File: waaahhh.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
waaahhh.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>9430872
>>
>>9430872
You one of those people who believe lolitas should always be """""lovely""""? I hate to break it to you but lolitas are human beings with personalities with a sense of humor
>>
>>9406932
I like tights and stockings with a non-printed woven pattern. Adds a nice touch of texture and visual interest.
>>
>>9407364
Thisss.
>>
>>9407386
The endless 'those fucking plain tights' comments are a good place to start.
>>
>>9407420
Not all jsks are frothy chiffon creations... some heavier, older cotton jsks look just fine with lolita cutsews.
>>
>>9407694
Thank you! Gay slurs aren't cute.
>>
>>9417823
The struggle is real.
>>
>>9421647
Seconded. I'm tired of lampshade-kei.
>>
>>9427439
Controversial
>>
>>9407420
I feel you for the most part. I typically wear my brand cutsews with normie shorts and stuff as I don't really see them going with any of my JSKs or skirts. To me, they're just cute t shirts/tops that happen to be made by lolita brands.
>>
>>9425306
>>
>>9406974
Lay off on posting coord shots online for a few months. wear the fashion for you and only you and rekindle your love for it that way.
>>
>>9430872
I don't mind when others do this but I can't stand when I'm in the group photo and people start shouting to do the silly face and JoJo pose bullshit. First I don't want retarded pics of me in lolita, I only want to be kawaii, and second I don't fucking know your dumbass JoJo poses so I end up standing there awkwardly. Just stop. I don't care if you want to look dumb but I want to be elegant.
>>
I don't know if this is unpopular, but I think that most of the Larme outfits in the Facebook group are very boring and super normie. I know Larme is basically cute normal clothes with filters and when you take away the shoop it doesn't look as exciting but I still feel like a lot of the Western girls are missing something. A lot of Larme outfits have interesting details or unusual pieces along with more toned down ones and I just don't see that from the group.

Not trying to say I'm wearing the style perfectly or anything but I feel like something like that is a bit harder to capture than lolita which has specific guidelines.
>>
>>9430872
This, but it's not limited to lolita.
>>
>>9425576
Charles Dodgeson was a socially anxious mathematician with an interest for photography, a wild imagination, and a pretty bad stutter. He was asked by rich parents to take photos of their children which he gladly did since it allowed him to work with his hobby and he found children to be more forgiving of his stutter and less triggering to his anxiety. There were plenty of children he wrote letters to and spent time with, but there's nothing in any of it pointing towards him supposedly being a pedophile. What people react to is the fact that he hung out with children and in some ways preferred their company to that of adults which, considering the strict social codes among the upper class at the time, really isn't that surprising for someone with social anxiety. There was also a different view on adult-child relationships; today this is a much more sensitive issuer and we call "pedo!" on a lot of things that even remind us of the idea, regardless of how harmful they may or may not be. For example, child nudity is much more stigmatized today.
>>
>>9424800
>girl
>>
I think that lolita is inherently sexual and everyone who denies it is just repressed
>>
>>9431460
Its recently come to light that the relationship with the Liddells became strained due to Alices older sister developing an interest in Dogeson.
I beleive that she was 16, which was a perfectly legal age at the time
>>
>>9433226
>inherently sexual
How so? Please explain, I'm interested.
>>
>>9430874
>>9430877
>>9430881
4chan is 18+, kiddos. take your "xD wacky random!!!!" sense of humor back to minecraft
>>
>>9411595
I swore I'd only date normies after I dated three male cosplayers, two of which apparently had ~dream girls~ that they couldn't be with for one reason or another so they settled for me instead and dumped me when they found out they could be with those other girls. Never bothered to tell me they had feelings for someone else until they were already dumping me. The other one just liked me because I'm white and he didn't think an Asian guy could 'get' a white girl. Turns out he'd been saving photos of my white girl friends after I would introduce them and was spanking it to them. So your experience is the opposite of mine and like all things, the average lies somewhere in the middle.
>>
I'd rather have 9 itas and one genuinely unique and interesting coord than 10 safe-but-bland coords any day of the week.
>>
>>9433332
It's bait
>>
I think OTT in general is ita
>>
I bought that jester hate that AATP released that everyone hated. It looks cute as fuck and the one time I wore it out normies thought I was some sort of online personality or performed and were lined up to take photos. To be fair I'm in a very artsy and tourisy area, but damn that hat is cute. I feel like a card captor Sakura-tier magical girl when I wear it.
>>
>>9433226
The only way I can get off is by stomping on men's genitalia and strangling them. Please tell me what wearing petticoats has to do with that.
>>
>>9434524
I sincerely hope this isn't bait, the thought of someone not only buying that hat but wearing it outside of an event makes me strangely happy. You rock your giant jester hat, anon.
>>
>>9434535
It's not bait. I've just always had a love for circus aesthetic and my ideal look was the very same gargantuan jester hat that they just happened to release. I had to buy it otherwise I'd probably never see it again... It's reallllllly heavy though, but also strangely comfortable.
>>
>>9434539
I'm proud of you, anon.
>>
I don't care about any genderbent cosplay unless it's something that was designed by the original creator in the canon or from their twitter for fun. There are exceptions but its rare that anyone has a good enough original genderbend design that I give a shit.
>>
>>9432917
This /cgl/ you fucking newfag
>>>/b/ gone
>>
>>9427959
It gives one arm something to do instead of just hanging there
>>
>>9433380
those colorism/fetishism feels
>>
>>9408686
Same. I get trashy vibes from him. Perhaps it's the photo lighting/quality, or the masculine features that I've noticed after I saw a photo of him without makeup. Can't unsee.
>>
>>9412410
Have you noticed how shirring is very common in sweet? It's because landwhales love to gain credibility with *Brand* and stretch the dresses into shapeless tents. Gross. I'm glad it hasn't spread into classic/gothic yet.
>>
>>9436295
This is incredible bait. 4/10
>>
>>9434428
id rather have one unique coord and no itas and just be alone
>>
>>9437463
jesus was gay, all lolitas are lesbians, deal with it
>>
>>9409455
Mm, it's edgy but I kind of get it. Long after everyone else quit worrying about posers, Mana is still there like a 00s goth high schooler, saying that he doesn't care if lolita becomes unpopular because only the posers have left and those who really love the scene never will.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.