[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Holland != the Netherlands" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 28

File: cgl_nl.png (123KB, 691x460px) Image search: [Google]
cgl_nl.png
123KB, 691x460px
Previously, in our slow thread about furries, "bread for head" figures and bootleg mini-lego's >>9370129
>Next meet when?
>We Google Maps now
>Prop-Anon is going to LA
>Spiderman, spiderman, radioactive Spiderman!
>RCC happened
>Comic Cons vs Anime Cons
>Why one would sell their old costumes
>Eternal salty remarks
>What kills a cosplay competition
>Brainfart: Have the crowd vote during competitions
>Nishicon changing their date
>What are elastic bands xD
>Boudoir photography
>Common Sense vs PC Culture
>Carnaval talk, because everyone loves carnaval
>Misinformative coloured contact review and what the right term for "sterkte" should be
>WIP pics and Smoke-Anon delivered her long awaited smoke machine which may or may not trigger smoke alarms
>How to make WebM's for 4chan
>Pre-DCC talk

The five next major events:
>Dutch Comic Con (March 25th & 26th, Utrecht UT), a con exactly like X-mas DCC, only with more stands and people.
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
>TomoCon (April 8th & 9th, Berghem NB), only the best convention ever that strikes fear in the eyes of all other Dutch conventions!
>Elfia (April 29th - 30th, Haarzuilens UT), an outdoor fantasy orientated convention
>Formula Cosplay (May 6th, Rotterdam ZH), a small and cheap one day event about cosplay.
The full con calendar can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.
>The recommended store list and old surveys results can be found at https://www.churi.nl

Strawpoll: Are you going to Dutch Comic Con this weekend? http://www.strawpoll.me/12586713
>>
File: DutchComicCon2017_Programma.png (425KB, 1754x2088px) Image search: [Google]
DutchComicCon2017_Programma.png
425KB, 1754x2088px
Considering DCC will be taking place this weekend I'm reposting the schedule and I've also made the mandatory "Are you going to Dutch Comic con this weekend?" Strawpoll. http://www.strawpoll.me/12586713

I personally wont be attending DCC, but to those going all I can say is have fun and if you want to meet up this is the time to arrange something. /blog
>>
Why does the Dutch lolita comm have private meetups, then invite practically anyone? Why don't they just share the meet with the group?
>>
>>9403478
People don't really like many strangers showing up, but still want to include a lot people. If you put on the main group you might get 10 people you don't know and suddenly you are responsible for them.
>>
>>9403422
Not sure how to arrange a meeting, never done that before. But I am interested!
>>
>>9403506
Yeah, I understand if they want to have a lolita meet with their friends or with people they know, but literally anyone gets an invite so that defeats the point of making it a "private" meet. Plus there was drama about something similar before, when one of the other fb groups (was it Zeeland?) organised a meet-up and some people were offended about not getting invited or something.
>>
Does anyone know how getting an autograph works at DCC?

I know you have to pay for them, but I can't find the option to buy a ticket on the site like with the photosbooth.
>>
>>9403513
>Ask in the thread to see if people are interested in a meet, and if so which day works best. A Strawpoll makes it way easier to track things.
>If enough people are interested, check the schedule and pick a timeslot that has very little or nothing going on. Post it in the thread along with a place to meet and a way for people to recognize you. Adjust the plan if necessary.
>With everything set, make sure you arrive on time and let the waiting game begin.
That's about it really, just don't overthink it and you'll be fine. Also posting with a name will make things less confusing to follow, so don't be afraid to name/tripfag for posts related to the meet.
>>
>>9403529
If it's anything like at DXC you just go in the line for the guest, pay their handler or whatever, and then you wait your turn.
>>
>>9403571
This would be separate from the photobooth and at a different time ?
>>
>>9403529
IIRC it used to work the same as buying photo booth tickets, but I can't find anything on their site, the schedule nor their Facebook page regarding autographing sessions. It's probably best to message DCC directly on Facebook to see if they are even doing them in the first place.
>>
So this happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKEkHUJZ2I&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: screams geometrically.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
screams geometrically.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>9403683
I don't want to bring anyone down for doing something they like, but why is it that Stephan always feels the need to be so damned obnoxious when there's a camera involved? I've had some normal talks with him at several cons, but the moment he starts recording he switches to this loud, annoying, "lel so random EKSDEE" persona which just makes me want to scream geometrically at him.

Also those DIY candy kits are disgusting and all just taste like sugar with a hint of bad artificial flavouring. If you're interested in them, do yourself a favour and grab yourself some fancy Japanese chocolates, crisps or gummies instead.
>>
File: too brave for too long.jpg (251KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
too brave for too long.jpg
251KB, 1024x1024px
>tfw no Dutch gf
>>
>>9403683
Who the fuck are these inbreds? And why did I manage to retch from their smell even through the screen?
>>
>>9403834
It's not just when there's a camera involved
>>
>>9403522
They invite nearly anyone to still have a big group, but we still have people who can't behave in public, had a fight with someone else who is going or people that look creepy. You'd rather not risk them scaring others away from going or being a creep on a meet. The first few people that put themselves on going for a meet are also the most determining factor of who else will join. If they are random people who people have no interest in, people might skip your meet. If someone looks like a creep or is annoying people might avoid your meet. The people you want just lose interest as soon as the guest list is full of people you don't want and then you are left with them. People on the main page also often just randomly click on going so they might not even show up.
>>
>>9403522
>literally anyone
>*cries*

Granted I can't make it to very many meet ups due to scheduling conflicts so I'm not super well known but if I don't get invited to anything that makes it kinda hard to get to know anyone y'know? I'm FB friends with 10+ other comm members but that doesn't seem to mean anything. I'm pretty sure I'm just being forgotten, not actively excluded btw. Maybe I'm boring but I'm not creepy or annoying.

So can anyone tell me what upcoming 'private' meet ups there are? All I can see are the HP one, the OTT one, the Efteling one and the twin meet all the way in June.
>>
>>9404677
I only know about the picnic meet. I'm not sure if it would be weird if I invite newbies if I'm not going myself.

>>9404655
Thanks for explaining, the comm sounds really tiresome tough.
>>
>>9404680
That's okay. I'm mostly wondering what I'm actually missing out on and if there's something I'm really interested in I'll just poke one of my FB contacts for more info/an invite.
>>
>>9404655
Why can't they just get rid of the people who behave improperly or creep everyone out? It's not a government-funded organisation or even a business; they're well within their rights to be discriminatory about who they let into their fashion club. Hell they're already discriminating with the invite-only meetups and making things more difficult for non-problem members in the process. They're just going about it in a very juvenile way.
>I'm having a birthday party at my house and everyone is invited except Suzy so don't tell her okay?
If there are people in your group who nobody wants to be around, remove those people from the group instead of pussyfooting around it like a socially awkward preteen. Sure they won't like it, but would you rather address a problem that is clearly affecting your entire community or sweep it under the rug and make things more difficult for yourself in the long run?
>>
>>9404677
I would recommend to pick out a nice/very social facebook friend, preferably someone you met in person, and ask if they know of any meets or if they could invite you in the future.

>>9404680
It is not that bad once you are familiar with enough people. It's just the comm page is just too large and a couple of bad apples just ruined people's good faith in not having weirdos show up. I remember a couple of girls having a picnic meet and a crazy guy showed up that started insulting multiple people. It's not something you want to deal with.
>>
>>9404695
You can't just ban everyone who looks weird or seems obnoxious.Being obnoxious is also not something you can get banned for. They clearly need to break the rules in order to get banned. And just because you don't like someone doesn't mean everyone else feels the same about that person. It's not that easy as kicking everyone out that seems unlikable.
>>
>>9404702
I've been in the comm for years, just stopped being active. I just wondered why I get invites sometimes and get to invite anyone too if it was supposed to be private. But >>9404655 explained it well.
>>
Honestly? People are being excluded. The community has been going downhill for years and soon the mainpage won't actually mean anything anymore. Everyone will just use their private clubs.
>>
>>9403683
This is just... Why?
>>
The facebook group isn't the right medium for a lolita community, I think. Most of the time I don't notice interesting posts in the group, because of all the other posts at facebook. Facebook isn't really suitable for interesting dicussions or outfit posts. And it isn't newbie friendly. But it's easy, nearly everyone has a facebook account.

The facebook group/comm is big. I'm not surprised there are private meets. Most of the countries have more than one lolita community. We only have one. And you can't be friends with everyone.

You can't go everywhere with for example 50 lolitas. Even more than 20 lolitas, isn't possible for most locations/cafes/restaurants. This (private meets) isn't a new discussing Lolitas are complaining about this for years.
>>
>>9405157
>Most of the countries have more than one lolita community. We only have one.
Actually we also have one for zeeland, the North and another one I don't remember.

I'm pretty sure most members of the main group are just weebs, lurkers or cosplayers who never go. I think the last meet that was posted there was the gift swap meet and she almost didn't have enough people for the location. An upcoming meet of the Northern comm that was also posted to the main group only has 4 people on 'going' and you know half always cancel.
>>
>>9405214
The meet in the north fell apart, because the organizer changed the time from the afternoon to 10:00 am and maybe to 11:00 am after complaints. This was because the restaurant didn't have space in the afternoon. So nobody went because the time just wasn't realistic if you lived anywhere else than Groningen.
>>
>>9404702
I'm still pissed about all this private meet bullshit. I'm a nice, socially well-adjusted girl, have been wearing lolita for over 3 years and attended a few meets a year or so back. Due to personal trouble and living far away I couldn't attend anymore meets for a long time and now there is literally no way for me to join the comm again. Yeah, just wait for a public meet, pray it doesn't conflict with your schedule, befriend someone who does get invited, then pray they invite you too. I can't even host my own meet because literally no one would attend, because no one knows who I am.

I've been trying to be more active on the comm page but I doubt that's going to help me. If meetup size is a problem, I don't understand why regional comms haven't taken off. Oh well, none of this will change, I don't even mind being a lone lolita too much, just wish I could actually join my comm when there is one.
>>
>>9405224
I just looked it up and it was actually last weekend, it didn't fall as apart, just less people went. I still don't think 50 people would show up even if it was at a better time and place.
>>
>>9405226
I would invite you to the picnic but I'm not going myself. Maybe the HP meet will give you an opportunity to befriend more active people? The Dutch comm is just not very welcoming desu.
>>
>>9405157
Facebook definitely isn't the right place for discussions, but it's like you said; Facebook groups are easy to set up and moderate and pretty much everyone and their mom has a Facebook account. While setting up a MyBB/PHPBB forum does require some technical know how the real challenge lies with getting people to actually visit and post on it. Even with social media logins a lot of people won't bother with it because the "instapdrempel" is still too high for them. It's a shame really, there used to be a time where setting up an online community was a lot easier.
>>
>>9405236
Honestly, I just don't feel like paying my way into a social circle when it's an event I would've normally never shelled out the cash for. A picnic sounds like a perfect 'get to know people' opportunity, but hey, who am I?
>>
>>9405214
Yes, I'm aware of the Zeeland/South and North facebook groups. But those aren't active communities anymore, those were all active for a while and then people stopped putting efford in it.

>>9405243
Yes, it made me stop being invested in joining discussions or starting discussions. Setting up something else is more difficult. The comm used to have a forum, only I've heard a few gossips about it being selective accepting people (and not only banning creeps).

What would be a good solution? It would be a shame if the comm stopped being active, because I think there are many lolitas who are interested in organising meets/events or keeping a online comm alive.
>>
>>9405253
I'm just counting the days till something else becomes more popular than facebook.
I think the culture of the comm has to change. If you want to organise a meet either just invite your friends, or suck it up and invite the whole comm. The Dutch comm has had an unwelcoming/elitist image for as long as I can remember tough.
>>
>>9405251
Do you really know no one who you'd could ask to tell you about meet ups? I'd gladly invite anyone who isn't weird and I often invite people who I'd like to see become more active already.

I think a cgl friendfinder thing could maybe solve this but there are still a few who wouldn't want to out that they post here (or post any info about them on cgl).
>>
>>9405226
Is there really not anyone from the meets a year or so back that you can ask if they can invite you? I feel like people really wouldn't mind a simple pm even if it was a while ago since you saw them. I know with the private meets that it seems like the meet hard to get in, but the public meets only work on a large scale if it is something that you either need to buy a ticket for or a meet like the summer meet or twin meet where always enough people show up. Also don't overestimate how many private meets there actually are. Most of them are between the smaller best friends groups, so you wouldn't be easily invited even if you did know them. I feel like the amount of private meets gets kinda overblown in this thread. I'm pretty sure the Zeeland meet of last year only had four people according tot the photos I saw. That is really too small to complain about not being invited to it. If you made that meet public, you would immediately have more people complaining about the location than people willing to go. I personally think we should have more swap meets, since then people would love to see newbies attend, but they are hard to organize due to the location.
>>
>>9405329
The Zeeland meet wasn't even private I believe. It was definitely at least posted in the South comm. It was small because very few people would travel to Zeeland and because it was on a weekday. A lot of people bail when a meet gets smaller anyway. A lot of public meets have gotten cancelled because in the week before it happened 10 people would cancel or not confirm whether they were going. Private meets work because you can pick a time and a place with your friends so it doesn't matter who else shows up because you know your friends are going regardless.
>>
>>9405329
I have some girls added on Facebook, yes, but I'd feel awkward asking them "hey, invite me to this event I'm not even supposed to know about" when I haven't spoken to them in ages and was never really more than acquaintances with them to begin with. Just a little sad because a picnic meet seems like exactly what I'd need to get back to attending meets.
>>
>>9405352
Than start with another topic. Ask them for coord help, everybody loves hearing that they are good enough to help with a coord. Or ask them to help you organize something, but you don't know enough people yet or just ask for tips. Ask if you should buy an item. Just start with any conversation opener and if you can manage a conversation ask them what meets they are planning to go to.
>>
>>9405253
>What would be a good solution?
No idea, I'm not a part of the lolita community. But judging by the few lolita posts I've seen here I'd say unifying and opening up the local communities would be a good place to start. Have one national FB group/page in place with links to the local communities, offer a place for people to discus things and share the local events on it to increase the interest from the surrounding regional communities. Once there is a big enough audience a forum could be created for people to have talks, ask questions and arrange things like meets and sales. One could also use (or force) social media logins making it possible easy to post without having to go through the process of registering manually, greatly lowering the "instapdrempel" for new posters.
Or just don't bother with any of it as only us old farts still use traditional forums.
>>
>>9405320
Not that anon, but wouldn't it be pretty weird to ask? How do you explain knowing there is a "secret" meet? I only know about the picnic meet because someone posted about it in the general.
>>
>>9405352
Ask if they know any meets. You don't need to say you know about any already. If you approach any that browse cgl than they will understand and if they don't then they wouldn't know.
>>
>>9405355
But why? Why should people have to go through this whole indirect song and dance just to be able to participate in a community they're supposed to already be a part of? Might as well come up with a secret handshake or lolita hanky code.
>>
>>9405423
Because that's the culture of the comm. The best thing is to be a lone lolita desu. Or just make a couple of friends in the comm and then hang out with them instead of going to meets.
>>
>>9405214
I feel like we should have a FB purge to get rid of the lurkers and weebs who aren't actually interested in the fashion. Other people sometimes mention it in comm threads on here. Make a public post about the upcoming "spring cleaning" and give people a week or two to reply saying they want to stay, then get rid of anyone who didn't. If someone wants back in later they can contact a mod. If someone's only joined because they saw a kawayee Milanoo gosurori costume at a con one time they probably won't even notice they're not in the group anymore.

I also wish the group was a little more selective about who gets to join. Maybe this would be more work for the mods, but I think it would be good to have a short survey or introduction for people who want to join. Even if someone doesn't own any lolita clothes yet they can write a bit about their favorite styles and brands and how they found lolita in the first place. Show they have some legitimate interest and aren't just weebs joining random Japan-related FB groups.
>>
>>9405423
There have been comms that died because creeps took over. No comm is perfect you just have to take what you can get.
>>
There were at least six meetings in the past month. If you don't know how to get invited to any of them, then you are obviously not trying.
>>
>>9405423
Like anyone else I also had to go to a large public meet for my first meet, got to know some people, made friends and then got invited to more exclusive meets. In many groups it takes a while to get to know the people in in order to get invited more often to more intimate smaller events, so I don't think it is unique to this comm. I get your frustration that there currently aren't that many public meets available, but honestly it doesn't really feel like it has decreased that much, even though the amount of private meets have increased. Last year there was only the swap meet and this picnic that now turned private in March and April. The year before that there was like one public meet maybe. The year before that doesn't really seem to have any meets in these two months except if you count an Elfia meet. With the HP and OTT meet and the meet in the North there were actually more than in the previous years. The amount of public meets also start to increase when it becomes May because of the weather.

>>9405393
You don't have to ask about a specific meet, just ask if there are any in general.
>>
>>9405429
I'd like to, but it's not easy to make friends when you never get the opportunity to meet anyone IRL. Would it help if I were more active on social media? I'm not very good at that stuff.

>>9405451
Jesus, six? Should I just go around begging people to invite me to things? I don't want to annoy anyone and be put on the 'don't invite this creep' list.
>>
File: mbh_lolita.png (118KB, 397x431px) Image search: [Google]
mbh_lolita.png
118KB, 397x431px
>The lolita community needs to be more welcoming to newcomers. There are barely any public events making it hard to actually get to know someone.
>The lolita community needs to be more selective on who gets to join. Those one or two public events we have is enough.
>>
>>9405451
>six meetings in the past month.
I hope this is bait
>>
>>9405463
>The lolita community needs to be more selective on who gets to join. Those one or two public events we have is enough.

I'm the one who posted >>9405442 and you're completely misinterpreting me. I actually believe that there should be more meetups that are public to the FB page. The reason people don't want FB-public meets is because there might be creeps on the FB page. Be more selective in who gets to join the FB group, be less paranoid about who can see what events are posted there. Don't let creeps or clueless weeaboos into the group in the first place so we don't have to skulk around and hide from them. IMO anyone with a genuine interest in lolita should have the opportunity to go to meetups without having to jump through a bunch of social hoops to get invited.
>>
>>9405471
These creeps are imaginary desu. There weren't any at any of the public meets I've been to.
>>
>>9405468
Last month? Doubt it. This year there have been four public meets and a few private meets but March is generally a shitty month for meets.
>>
>>9404708
So they're bad enough to force the entire comm into hiding but not bad enough to remove from the group? And if someone is annoying to some but not to others having invite-only meetups like >>9404655 described doesn't actually keep anyone out because the people who don't think they're annoying will just invite them anyway. So what's the point?
>>
>>9405253
>The comm used to have a forum, only I've heard a few gossips about it being selective accepting people (and not only banning creeps).
I never understood where this rumor came from. When I started being interested in Lolita fashion back then. I signed in to the forum, and one of the rules for becoming a member was sending information about yourself to the admin's mail adress. I was a horrible ita (and a little bit of a weeb). I just started with the fashion and I was very young so I didn't own any nice dresses/skirts. I was honest in my email that I just started with the fashion. And I got accepted anyways.

I do miss the old forum days. The forum was so much more active
>>
>>9406409
I applied to become a member of the forum a few times and never got a reply, same thing happened with my friend
>>
>>9406409
>>9406410
Wouldn't it been better to have a few public subforums en then hide the remaining forums for meets, sales and such for "confirmed lolita's"? Even the application process could be crowdsourced by having users introduce themselves and having registered lolita's vote on their application. /2 cents
>>
Hasn't the forum been dead for a few years now?
>>
>>9406527
Yes, we were talking about when it was alive
>>
File: IMG_9751.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9751.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
fucking finally got some gloves done.
>>
Have fun at DCC everyone!
>>
>>9406409
Same. I was ita AS FUCK and honestly an obnoxious weeb but I got accepted immediately. All my shit was badly handmade, too. I'm kinda glad nobody I've talked to has made the connection to that obnoxious forum persona of mine. Or if they have, they're polite enough not to say anything lol
>>
>>9406419
Even though I like this idea. The forum will be labeled Elitist again. Because you also had to apply for the old forum too.
The people who we didn't approve will find out someway or another that there is hidden content that they aren't allowed to see. It is bound to happen someday.

Also I'm not sure if a forum is a good idea to begin with. It died and we tried to revive it once. But everyone just sticks to Facebook these days.
>>
>>9406830
finger me with those
>>
Just some tips for people who want to really join the lolita comm:
- be active on fb, and make sure your account looks active as well. Bonus points if you have posted some lolita coords already /general fashion things.
- add some of the people you see are active on fb, most of them will add you if they see you are also commenting on fb lolita comm posts.
- just be a bit patient and wait for a public meet. Best way to get to know people who are going, is to ask on the event page something like: "I will be traveling by train from ... to ..., if anyone feels like joining me, feel free to send me a pm". Trust me, often someone will pm you and it's such a nice conversation starter even!
- Don't think you are not invited because you are actively excluded, just understand that no one knows you (yet) and that theyvjust forgot you. Setting up a more private meet is just so much more convenient for the organiser as several others have already mentioned. :)
- at a meet: just find people (that also seem new) and start the conversation! Most people are shy and don't know you, but love to talk to anyone ;) (conpelenting someone always works!)
- last but not least: know that some of the friend groups consist of people who've known eachother for years (like 5+ years), most of them have the same age and started in similar times. Why would they really care for ANY newcomer on EVERY meet? Especially since a lot of newcomers don't even return after their first meet. Of course you can talk to them, just don't expect them to come to you first. Cannot stress enough that (almost) nobody is actively excluding you, people just have their own friends and might even be as shy to talk to strangers as you are :)
>>
>>9407668
No. Two words
>Tuna melt
>>
>>9407692
>Setting up a more private meet is just so much more convenient for the organiser as several others have already mentioned. :)
The only reasons people have mentioned is so they can exclude poeple tough? Again, nobody has issues with it if you organise a meet for your friends, but letting anyone invite anyone defeats the point of a "private" meet and just makes the comm as a whole look bad.
>>
>>9407697
Okay maybe it wasn't mentioned before that clearly, but imo some reasons for having private meets could be:
- you (kind of) know the people you invite, so you won't be responsible for a group of total strangers
- you know that the people you've invited are going to meets regularly, so more chances that they will attend your meet as well and won't drop out the day before.
- Also, posting to the fb group in public just doesn't seem to attract a lot of people, not even sure why.

I am not even a fan of private meets like these, I just want to show that they are not meant to be excluding per se. From my experience, it's not difficult to get invited to them whatsoever. Just start off with a public one or ask a friend if you could be invited.
>>
>>9407668
>>9407695
I laughed. I need to coat them in latex and paint them...
>>
>>9407692
Look, I know how to do it, I just don't want to put up with this whole song and dance. I'm not new to lolita, nor a 16-year-old so other new people I have nothing in common with. Making private meets only to then invite literally everyone anyway is a shitty practice, period.
>>
>>9407720
>this whole song and dance
basically the regular thing you need to go though in every new environment ever. Doesn't matter if you're 16 or 50 y/o, nor does it matter if you've worn lolita for longer. Fact is that you apparently want to join a group that your are not part of yet. Only way to be part of it, is to get to know the people that are in it and socialize with them.
>>
>>9407697
People always wait and see who is going to a meet before they will decide for themselves. If someone they dislike puts themselves on going others will exclude themselves from the meet instead. That just leaves the organizer with someone they also don't really want to deal with. Maybe that makes us look bad, but sometimes it is the only way to save your meet from being cancelled.

>>9407705
I would also like to add that I remember people talking about how it has happened before that people either not paid their bill and or didn't show up to a reservation that they still had to pay for. That is super hard to deal with if you don't know the person.

>>9407720
I'm sorry that you think this way, but this all started because people had bad experiences. And we don't actually have less public meets than before, so people really are not going to sympathize with you, because we all had to do the same thing. Like someone else said, we had more public meets in this time of year than the previous years and it is super easy to get invited to private meets when you do finally meet people. Private meets are a thing you unlock when you level up from newbie to regular and if you dress well and you are social you can already get invited to them when you have only been to one public meet, even girls that don't dress that well yet can get invited pretty easily, the real deciding factor is whether you behave badly or not. You think it is bad to exclude people, but that is just because you haven't met the people that are excluded yet. Trust me you aren't really excluded, you are just still unknown. People don't immediately trust strangers and want to get to know them in a safe environment first before they invite them into a more private setting.
>>
>>9407726
This is bullshit, other lolita comm's are not like this
>>
>>9407720
As a fellow oldfag I completely get you Anon. Having to socialise is one thing, but having to go through a 12 step program just to even get in touch with a group of people who share your fucking hobby just isn't worth it anymore.
>>
>>9407760
The only real step you have to go trough is just going to a public meet tho.. (and talk to people)

Oh, and maybe stop whining, usually helps a lot.
>>
>>9407757
Every comm has private meets. Some comms like New York even split into smaller comms. I don't think our comm is even that bad, since most people still show up to public meets and most are pretty large as well. I've seen in other threads that there were groups that just split of the entire rest of the comm.

>>9407760
Come one, it's not a step 12 program, just go to a public meet and you are done. They are not even once in a blue moon. There are two next month, there was one this month, there was the gift swap meet the month before, in Januari there were at least two, there was one in december etc. There are public meets at least once a month and that was when it was cold as balls, there will be even more in the summer.
>>
>>9407765
Making meet-up outside of the group only to invite anyone (including people you've never met, I got invited but I don't know the organisers nor do I know the person who invited me) is not a private meet.
>>
OP pls make a new thread this one is shit
>>
>>9407774
The beauty of 4chan is that anyone can post whatever they want, but only items that are deemed interesting will end up being discussed. In other words, if you want to save this thread just post some quality content. Or just wait for the cosplayers to get back from DCC. I read they are working with the police and marechaussee to check all weapon props so there's bound to be some fun stories!
>>
>>9407726
As someone who's done multilple studies, has had plenty of jobs and is in several different hobby groups; bullshit. It might work like that if you're talking about an unofficial friend group but the Dutch lolita community isn't just a bunch of friends casually getting together, it has its own fucking FB page with leaders and moderators. And like >>9407757 said, other lolita comms aren't like this. There might be a handful of private meet ups in other comms but not nearly to the extent that the Dutch community has. Don't compare us to NYC because even NYC lolitas agree that it's a shitshow. Do you really want to be like them?
>>
>>9407783
Honestly, I don't agree with almost everything you've just said. But I don't think either of us will ever be convinced so whatever.
My original point was just that it's not that hard to get into the comm and that in general people are actually really nice. I personally always felt very welcome and have never experienced any negativity against newbies whatsoever. If you want to join amd socialize, just do it. If you don't, don't blame anyone else for not welcoming you.
>>
Maybe we can take this discussion to the comm thread, I feel bad for the cosplayers
Just remember this next time discussion about a board spilt comes up
>>
I feel like we are just going into circles. It is not hard to get into the comm, just not every month is going to have accessible public meets in the price range you prefer, in the location your prefer or the exact date you prefer, but fact is they're there, even more than there used to be. Okay, maybe you don't like Harry Potter or don't want to go to a museum to have lunch or Groningen was too far for you, but that is still three meets in the span of a month. Plenty of people can't make it to any of them as well, it is not unique to you or anyone else if there is a period where it seems like it is hard to meet people. That is why most people say to wait until the summer, that's when people have time or organize things and you can go to free outside locations.

People that organize a meet can choose themselves who they invite. There is nothing to be done about it so it is pointless to even argue about it. I think it is weird as well that a picnic had to be private, but most are birthday parties or places with limited space. If they had to be public, they wouldn't be organized at all. No one should be forced to invite strangers to anything. If you want to only have a certain amount of people at your meet, but it is not a ticket event you also immediately have to exclude people.

>>9407783
A handful of private meets is exactly what we have as well unless you count every time a small friend group has lunch or goes together.
>>
File: crymoar.jpg (48KB, 454x386px) Image search: [Google]
crymoar.jpg
48KB, 454x386px
>>9407774
>weeeeeh the thread is about lolita, it's so shiiiit weeeeeh i'm not gonna contribute just whine weeeeeeeeh

t. a cosplayer
>>
>>9407823
There was a museum meet?
>>
>>9407847
The OTT meet
>>
Just stop complaining and start to be active. If you don't know how then you can find all the tips in several replies.
If you think it's stupid that there are some (not a lot) private meets (after everythin that is said) then you prob. just don't understand how social gatherings work in any situation. There haven't been lots of public meets or private meets in general anyway, sounds it's just really a feeling that you have and not reality.
>>
>>9407745 >>9407761 >>9407765
I’m a little worried now because in the last year I've been to five public meetups and tried my best to dress well and be social, but I've never been invited to anything that wasn't posted publicly to the Facebook group. I’ve never been much of a social butterfly and don’t go to these things expecting to make close friends right away, but you guys are making it sound like it’s supposed to be really easy.

Am I doing something wrong? If so, how do I know? I don’t think I’m annoying, or at least I hope not. If anything, I’m probably too quiet. Would it help if I were more active in the Facebook group? I don't feel very comfortable with social media so I don’t post on my personal Facebook page often. Hopefully it’s a case of people forgetting I exist rather than actively excluding me…

I don’t mind not being invited to every little thing and understand that people mostly prefer to hang out with friends they’ve known for a long time. I really hope that I can make some friends in lolita, too. But I have an easier time talking to people face-to-face than online, so if I only get that opportunity a few times a year (and apparently don’t make much of an impression when I do) it will be a lot harder for me. Unfortunately I can’t make it to either the HP meet or the OTT one, so I think my next chance will be at Elfia? Either that or the Efteling meet.
>>
What are Akuma and Isanami doing at the DCC compo's... and on stage. They shouldn't be there.
>>
>>9407998
There goes the peace.
And here we were, your beef would not pop up again.
>>
>>9407996
What eventually matters is talking to the right people, so people who either organize stuff or people with a lot of friends who add other people to the meet. Thing is, they need to know that you are interested. If you are pretty quiet people might have a hard time telling whether you are interested, talk with girls about meets, act excited about their ideas, that way they are reminded of you when they might organize it. If you live somewhere very remote people might think that you might not be willing to travel to a meet location. Some areas organize a lot more meets than others. Make sure you add people on facebook as well after getting to know them.

An Elfia meet doesn't seem to be organized yet, but if there isn't one you can always try talking to people you run into. The weather is improving so there probably will be things organized at the end of April or in May and there is the twinmeet at the start of June at least, probably followed soon by a SummerTales meet.
>>
>>9407996
I think it's just random, like I said, I got invited by someone I don't even know and there's even a discussion in the comments because apparently people who don't wear lolita were invited
>>
Just came back from DCC. It was way too busy, you couldn't walk properly, see properly and peacefully browsing through stands was especially impossible.
>>
>>9408040
Thank you, that's really helpful! I actually live practically in the centre of the country so that's not an issue, but you have a good point about being quiet and people not realising that I'm interested.

>>9408049
Maybe it is more or less random. I should probably stop being paranoid, haha.
>>
>>9407998
I feel like they don't deserve your hate. I was backstage and they were really helpful. Especially the red haired girl worked her butt off for everyone. She was so cheerful I felt a little better having them around us. I'm not the only one who was happy with both of them and Team Chaos. There were minor things that could have been better but it didn't bother me much.
>>
>>9408064
Me too. The overwatch tournament was rigged ffs.
>>
>>9408064
Pretty crowded indeed, kind of like Tomofair Amsterdam.
Bootlegs a plenty: I seriously don't know why legit dealers don't grow tired of Comics.nl, Lychee Tea, Fabion and the like. Another worrying thing is that so-called splatter artists are entering the Dutch market. These guys take existing art from deviant art, throw up over it with Photoshop filters and sell it like they created it. Disgusting.
>>
>>9408196
>These guys take existing art from deviant art, throw up over it with Photoshop filters and sell it like they created it.

Name and shame without remorse.
>>
>>9408255
Agreed, Animecon did throw one out in 2016 and are taking measures prohibit other splatter artists to try the same.
>>
>>9407847
There is one coming up. But you had to buy a ticket for it, so I'm not sure if you can still buy tickets
>>
>>9408103
Agreeing. Everyone was so sweet and kind backstage even when I was a little demanding. DCC was really crowded outside the compo's though so if it wasn't for the competitions I probably would not have enjoyed my day.

Kudos to Team Chaos. I expected it to be really bad but it was the opposite. Also a little love for akuma and isanami. They are all sweet sweet people.
>>
>>9408782
They don't have tickets anymore, you just have to sign up. You just have to pay the museum entrance fee and can choose if you order a la carte or a high tea.
>>
I was at DCC yesterday, and like others said, it was crowded.

At least there was enough autism to laugh at.
>>
>>9407996
Your probably really ita, sorry.
>>
>>9408886
Tell us about it!
>>
And the do people have pictures of me spam has started again :/
>>
>LOSING TO BULGARIA
>>
>>9408998
/sp/ is that way -->
>>
>>9408998
Wrong thread. No one cares. Fuck off.
>>
>LOSING TO BULGARIA

EL JUSTO
>>
>The shanty town of neterlands
>>
>>9408978
>smelly people with bad cosplay
>furries
>queue at every single shit in gaming area
>cringeworthy silent disco
>lots of stands with aliexpress garbage but overpriced as fuck

Basically your_average_con.mp4
>>
>>9408998
FUCK YEAH, no more loud and beer smelling Neighbours for me this year.
>>
Am I the only one who was seriously disappointed in the Overwatch tournament at DCC?
>>
>>9409298
Yeah, the in-game hat selection was extremely poor not to mention that one kid who kept healing enemy spies. No but seriously, what was so disappointing about it?
>>
File: download.jpg (99KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
99KB, 738x415px
Anyone doing this for cosplay this year

would be pretty good desu
>>
Okay so DCC was so fucking crowded that my leg is full of bruises from people kicking my legs and feet. I also tried to fetch some photo's but all places where to crowded to actually make decent pictures. The competitions looked better than last year at least. That was probably the only thing DCC did well this year because everything else sucked.
>>
>>9409856
Ironically DCC wasn't the one who organised it but Team Chaos.
>>
Every time I came to watch, there was some kind of technicality. There were more troubles than actual gameplay.
>>
Hearing about the crowdedness of dcc makes me happy that I went to a con outside of the coutry instead.
I do hope y'all still had fun, cant wait for animecon now.
>>
>>9409856
It was so crowded there was some heavy repair required to my cosplay when I got home. So many fucking normies not giving a fuck about cosplay beyond entertainment. Stop touching shit, people work on their cosplays for ages, so we don't want your grimy fingers shitting everything up and breaking off parts.
>>
>>9409908
I heard someone shattered their prop by dropping it..
>>
>>9410185
I know a prop shattered during the competition on Sunday. No clue who they were, pretty sure it was from an anime.
>>
>>9410324
>cosplaying anime at a comic con
>>
>>9410340
have you ever been to a comic con? Also, inb4 "but we're a pop culture event!" cause that was their excuse for a rap workshop by not-relevant-since-2003 Dutch rapper Brainpower.
>>
>>9409856
>>9409908
After the Christmas snoozefest and the "not too crowded" spring edition this kinda surprises me. Lets just hope it was a matter of "shit, we've got way more people here then anticipated" and them going for a bigger layout next time. Nobody likes a con where you can't "turn your ass".

>>9410185
>>9410324
Ouch, and does anyone got it on video?

@9410340 (no you for you)
>thinking comic cons are only about comics
>>
>>9410350
>>9410432
Comic cons are for western media, anime cons are for Japanese media
>>
>>9410432
No clue if it was filmed, I'm sure it was by somebody!

Also the fact that they're catering more and more to normies means it'll stay this fucking crowded, shifting focus from actual people who are into cosplay and nerd shit to normies. Fuck off, there's more than enough shit for those.
>>
>>9410478
You're going to have a bad time then. Almost all 'cons' are omnicons nowadays. Comic cons sell anime & manga, and animecons sell comics and popculture merch.
>>
So any juicy rumors about DCC or anyone really?
>>
>LOSING TO BULGARIA
>>
>>9410729
KFC photography beated up some innocent children behind the Jaarbeurs Utrecht and they are in the hospital right now with multiple broken bones*.
Juicy enough?
*In reality, he caught some little shits red handed on taking upskirt photos. And he handed the brats over to con security. Nobody got hurt.
>>
File: Mc-donalds-Cosplay-_tt9a.jpg (48KB, 389x455px) Image search: [Google]
Mc-donalds-Cosplay-_tt9a.jpg
48KB, 389x455px
>>9410915
>KFC photography

I do strange things when I'm hungry.
>>
>>9410915
Good on him.
>>
>>9410502
Ahw, poor you. These events actually try to make a profit instead of being an autist snowflake charity service.

Comics became more normal and accessible. That more and more people like it was inevitable. Guess you got to live with that. If you want to be special and stay away from the norm, find a different hobby.
>>
So it's been a few days since DCC, did everyone have a good time? I'd expect most photographers to post their photos within a week's time or less. Anything worth looking at? Cosplays that stood out? I thought the hulkbuster and bumblebee looked awesome.
>>
>>9411218
>being this salty
>>
>>9411218
Sounds like you're mad.

More people liking comics is fine, adding normie bs like rap workshops is ridiculous.
>>
>>9411218
desu, I don't minda for profit organisation when it comes to a con - especially if that means the do a better and professional job. but the comic cons we recently got were all shitfests and pure wallet greedy scams.

It embarasses me that people actually fall for this and complain later. The same people who did dcc have fucked up in Germany many times already. It's not like this was a secret all along.
>>
>>9410729
Nothing much. I was actually expecting a rage of insults for Team Chaos because they organised the competitions badly but... they actually did pretty well. I hope they keep organising it so that maybe competing at DCC won't be so bad anymore.
>>
I just saw the pictures on the page of team chaos with a post about thanking everyone and holy shit ... those two in the middle are akuma and isanami ? akuma is pretty good looking but isanami is so fucking ugly wtf that guy deserves so much better she isnt even a tiny bit cute so everyone saying that before was probably a white knight because holy damn my eyes !
>>
>>9411521
didn't see them at the catwalk (before the contest), i was so confused on what to do
>>
>>9411690
it gets worse by every picture wow
>>
Only a few months left until Abunai. I can't wait.
>>
>>9411706
And only fewer months left until Animecon!
>>
>>9411753
I can't go to Animecon :(
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akx8kUEsCDg

G&J Productions cosplay video of DCC
>>
>>9411309
Went Saturday, was OK, but the high amount of bootleg sucked. The events were meh, scattered everywhere.
>>
>>9411218
>>9411436
>>9411468
It's not just comics that have become more accepted, it's gaming, anime and Sci-Fi as well. They have all been merged together into this new and accessible "geek culture", which after a hefty dose of marketing became the next cool thing and is now being milked dry for every penny it's worth. Geek oriented movies are being pumped out by Hollywood like crazy, we have shitty merchandise flooding the markets, the game industry has become a joke with day 1 patches, cut content being sold as DLC and collectables actually being considered gameplay content, and Comic Con style conventions have become the easiest cash grabs because the geeks find them to be cool. Now I don't mind i the geek culture bubble that much as it also brings us some good stuff, but I do hope the fallout once the bubble pops won't be bad enough to kill the quality events we have going on.
>>
facts spring edition this weekend

hooray for us belgiums!

tomorrow it's stoffenspektakel, so I'll be buying some fabric to make a cosplay! I'll also be using an old sheet to save money! crappy cosplay go! (home)
>>
>>9410915
proof is needed, where are the pics
>>
>>9410185
I once dropped my walkie talkie 2 minutes in :(
>>
>>9412016
>>>/r/
>>
File: vice.png (312KB, 497x481px) Image search: [Google]
vice.png
312KB, 497x481px
shoot me, that description. why does anything Dutch has to be so cringy?
>>
>>9412083
Yeah, not calling myself a lolita anymore after this one
>>
>>9412083
It's just translated from English. Considering it's originally from Vice Canada. That sentence is cringey no matter what fucking language.
>>
File: IMG_20170328_214422098.jpg (147KB, 1299x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_214422098.jpg
147KB, 1299x974px
>>9412083
>>
>>9411690
Uh your reaction is just stupid, has to be a girl reacting in this way. Jealous much?
>>
>>9411701
So obvious, this is just fishing for reactions. noone cares. She looks fine.
>>
>>9410729
I saw Foxlady cosplay perform an act I was sure I've seen before done by someone else. Again.
>>
File: wut.png (9KB, 440x105px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
9KB, 440x105px
what did i miss

the one time something juicy gets posted and i didnt read it (cosNL)
>>
>>9412235
It was on Olga her timeline, confirmed by tons of girls who experienced the same btw. I believe there is this Cosplay 18+ group which had info about it, but thread was locked by admin. Same admin it. Cosplay18nl/ They dont allow catfish accounts though. You might have to know the moderator or one of their friends.
>>
CosplayNL retardation is high, both by mods and contributors.

There is a common photo topic, yet people keep spamming the lot (maybe pin the damn topic for a week, then repin your silly rules which hardly anyone bothers reading anyways.)

Progress pictures/topic gets denied while the question on whether a soft toy chicken should be cosplaying or not gets in there.
Mods please. The half-assery is too much.

So there, that was my 2 cents tiny rant.
>>
>>9412255
yea no idea then

>>9412302
agreed but that's the standard definition of cosnl nowadays
>>
>>9412302
Was not talking about cosplay NL btw. The post that was locked was on cosplay (1L) 18+ (1L=Anal lol). Lot more allowed in that group.
>>
Dcc was ok, met some people i only knew from online but i also missed a lot of people because it was huge and crowded. Managed to play some new games and got some cool merch. I liked the cosplay contest on both days too.

Really looking forward to animecon though. Got a weekend ticket and hotel this time for the full experience.
>>
>>9412083
You've already shit up this thread enough with your off topic shit, go choke on a dick.
>>
DCC was crowded as hell especially around the mainstage and dealer room, the Prison Break thing was making the most obnoxious sounds ever, buuut other than that I actually had a pretty good time?

One more thing though; why do people keep wanting to take pictures when our little cosplay group was obviously trying to sit down and rest for a bit?
>>
>>9413110
> why do people keep wanting to take pictures when our little cosplay group was obviously trying to sit down and rest for a bit?

cuz amateur photographers find that that situation makes for a 'spontaneous photograph with true emotion'

>>9413066
>Really looking forward to animecon though
me too, never been before
>>
>>9413072
Mm, I love angry cosplayer tears.
>>
>>9413118
>The spontaneous and true emotion of a bunch of tired as fuck JoJo characters trying to enjoy their food in peace

One of the photographers even gave me what has to be the shittiest 'business card' I've ever seen afterwards. It was a crudely cut out piece of paper that didn't even look like a proper rectangle with photographer spelled as "Pothographer" and the only contact info being a Facebook name so weebish that I was unable to find it amidst all the 13 year olds who use the same name.
>>
>>9413072
>off topic
Why don't you make a cosplay general?
>>
>>9413110
>>9411825

aah the standard "it was too crwoded and too many bootleg sold!" we've been over this way too many times -_-
>>
So I went to DCC last weekend which was my very first con ever! And I had so much fun! I was wondering is there a discord group or something else where people hang out at here? Im like super new to this stuff! But I wanted to do a cosplay myself next time I go to a con. But I dont know anyone irl who does this stuff. I went with a male friend to DCC but he's not really into these things and only really went for the gaming stuff at DCC. But I would love to meet some new people who are into these stuff to.
>>
>>9412193
why would i be jealous ? that girl is not really competition
>>
>>9413358
Apperantly she is tho
>>
>>9413072
>>9407826
>>9407826
>>9407826
take your own advice you whiny cunt, christ
>>
So are teenjuwel and black44angel a couple now? Im so confused.
>>
>>9413532
No they aren't. Just friends. Not everyone who is a team are couples.
>>
>>9413587
You sure? Ive seen them arm in arm, hand in hand alot lol. God knows whats behind it right?
>>
Holy Cow, Moshi Moshi is back, after like what? 3 years?
>>
>>9413590
I also act gay AF with my best (girl) friend but we are not in a romantic relationship.
So they're just being besties and true to character (harleyquinn/poison ivy)
>>
>>9413593
It is a Fair.. is this to compete with TomoFair Amsterdam?
>>
>>9413663
Yeah i love how true they are to those characters on stage! I always love seeing their acts on conventions
>>
>>9412255
>>9412235
Wait, what happened?
>>
>>9413593
Wait really? I remember going to their event in the Westergasfabriek. Small, low budget and yet fun. The girl I was dating back then really liked the artist that performed and I had a chat with the organisers who said they normally organised (dance) parties and only did Moshi Moshi because they got interested in anime.

>>9413708
No, if it's the same staff they are truly during it for the fun of it. Not every event is out on competing with one another.
>>
Wait, wasn't Moshi Moshi organised by Lychee Tea?
>>
>>9413708
It's called Moshi Moshi fair. But it's in June and if that one guy is still working with the event, they will actually try to make it a fun event.

>>9413754
Yeah, I was a gopher for them back then. It was so much fun even though I was dying from the heat. I still talk with a fellow gopher if I'm on his tramline.
>>
>>9413754
>>9413782

It is indeed not in the same time period. But after all the conventions and fairs coming up... you can't go to every event, right? I know that this fair has no entrance, so that makes it interesting in combination with good weather and probably a fun event.
>>
Seeing the CMV's from DCC and I feel like the Dutch Cosplay level has risen rather quickly. I mean when I went to Animecon way back in 2004/2005 it was very different. Even in 2009 it didn't feel like it was going in 'great' directions. But nowadays I see really good cosplayers in videos! It's good to see
>>
>>9413782
Looking back at the photographs I am suddenly regaining so many memories from that day. The heat, the second hand manga stand, that origami/paper folding table, the sake tasting and the blue glasses we got to take home, the drum workshop, getting my ass handed to me in Street Fighter by a girl, the giveaway at the end... Good times!
>>
>>9413354
>I was wondering if there is a discord group or something else people hang out at here?
Nope, at the time we have no Discord group, IRC channel, WA or FB group chat or secret forum. Some anons know eachother irl or added eachother on FB and that's about it. If people are interested I could always set up a Dutch Gulls Discord group or something after I finish my evening coffee.
>>
File: discord.png (2KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
discord.png
2KB, 245x240px
Alright Gulls, I jumped the gun and made ourselves a Discord server. No registration required, just click and chat. Obviously site rules don't apply so feel free to speak Dutch if you want to.
Invite link: https://discord.gg/RgaEYeK
>>
>>9414005
I like the idea but muh anonymity y' know. Ppl with bad intentions can just join in too and run false conclusions in no time. Basically only works if everyone makes a second discord which, personally, I'll just forget about in no time.
>>
File: IMG_1578.png (118KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1578.png
118KB, 640x469px
So I've only just remembered to read BtB and uh, can someone explain to me what the deal is with the woman who originally posted this? I don't have her friended but I still get her posts on my feed sometimes. Is she someone to stay away from? What's her history with the comm?
>>
>>9412302
Just join the discord, desu. Other mods other playingrules
>>
Linny L'a Vante is going around friend requesting ppl on FB only to invite them to like her page. Girl you got 2.8k why are begging.
>>
Why are all cosplayers such drama queens? I just read this thread and there's multiple cases of needles drama on social media and whatnot.
Also, do I count as a rollplayer if I dress up as that one guy Rohan during the sieg of Helms Deep that headbuts a Uruk Hai but gets btfo but I don't have the beard?
>>
>>9415541
Yeah, movie cosplayers are cosplayers too. Not just that; not enough medieval fantasy cosplayers out there IMO.

Espescially if you hit up more medieval-styled fairs like Elf Fantasy Fair or Castlefest.
>>
>>9415535
like the third invite i get already. I can't stand the horrid english she uses in her posts
>>
>>9415669
She does amazing work but the english does sound horrid. I haven't received an invitation yet. *touches wood*
>>
>>9415680
In the future you may want to say "knocks on wood" if you don't want perpetual 12-year-olds (like me) to snigger because hehe, she said she touched a woody.
>>
>>9415796
See that's what I said at uni, but then everyone laughed because the saying in the UK is 'touch wood'. I mixed up the sayings, because we say 'afkloppen' so I went 'knocks on wood' but they don't say it that way. Maybe it's a Southern UK thing... I don't know. But they keep correcting me on it being 'touch wood'.
>>
>>9415796
In the US it's knock on wood, the UK says touch wood iirc
>>
File: IMG_20170330_000437.jpg (3MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170330_000437.jpg
3MB, 4160x2336px
Here's the smoke machine installed in the mask
>>
>>9415811
Aweome shit!
>>
>>9415811
Still not sure if actually on fire or just an awesome smoke machine...
>>
>>9413066
This reminds me to get a ticket, just got my days off arranged.
>>
File: IMG_9417-1.jpg (628KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9417-1.jpg
628KB, 1200x800px
Spidey's done and on his place
>>
File: IMG_9398-8small.jpg (951KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9398-8small.jpg
951KB, 1200x1800px
>>9415875
>showing off a few beautyshots
>>
File: IMG_9412-13small.jpg (560KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9412-13small.jpg
560KB, 1200x800px
>>9415876
>>
File: IMG_9400-9small.jpg (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9400-9small.jpg
1MB, 1200x1800px
>>9415877
>>
>>9415875
He ended up stellar anon, major props to you
>>
>>9416063
>major 'props' to you
>badum-tss

Thanks anon
>>
>>9414065
I'm shamefully stealing someone else's explanation from when she had a fight with some comm members:

"The brazil girl posted a big post about being anti-bullying and anti-btb and all. She then named someone, sort of saying that this person x is a bully who bullied a friend of hers and that if people have a problem they should be open and direct about it and not bully. Nobody knows what brazil-girl is talking about and the rest asks her and tells that naming without explanation doesn't help the situation at all, brazil-girl actually created a situation that is backfiring at her even when she had good intentions. Then brazil-girl thinks that the people who tell her that they don't understand and say that she is actually acting weird for someone who is against bullying, that they are only defending this person x (which they aren't). Brazil-girl blocked some people and posted painful frustration-posts while still not explaining her name-shaming whatsoever. Now everyone thinks she's stupid. The end?"

More minor things happened and she left the Dutch comm. Recent drama was about her going against a rule the Amsterdam lolita meet organisers made for the event. It was already a discussion a month prior and people weren't happy she brought it up again after it already been (sort of) settled.

I hope this is enough information.
>>
How was the artist alley at DCC this time?
>>
anyone else who went on a huge aliexpress haul?
>>
>>9416578
not really recently, but out of all the things i ordered this year on ali and 1 thing on ebay, and that one thing not being delivered (got refunded though) i think i'm going to permanently stick with ali.
>>
>>9416132
As a visitor or an artist? As an artist, it was fucking great. Makes me wish more cons were that overcrowded.
>>
>>9415811
Bitchin' one. It'll look fantastic irl! I just hope your head isn't in the smoke zone...

>>9415875
Also bitchin'. All you people in here being rad as hell.
>>
Well, that Discord turned into a cringefest real soon. Time to move back here?
>>
>>9416902
It seems to have stabilised somewhat. But god that was pretty horrid.
>>
>>9416937
Well the one that started the cringefest is gone at the moment.
>>
>>9416902
>>9416937
Yeah, that was a bit too much /int/ level meme-spewing for my tastes. I don't really want to add new text channels until we have an active user base as there is little point in having a bunch of semi-active text channels. But if this keeps up I can always add a "cosy corner" or something.
>>
>>9416902
glad i missed that

>>9417002
maybe a wip channel?
>>
>>9417052
>>9417002
>I don't really want to add new text channels until we have an active user base
>>
>>9416130
Thanks for the explanation, anon. So basically she's passive aggressive and weird and other people are as confused about her attempts to stir shit as I am? I'm just glad there's no evil lolita conspiracy happening or whatever.
>>
>>9417052
I have to admit having a separate channel for WIP shits and crafting questions would be nice as it means things wouldn't get burried. I'll keep it in mind, but for now let's just wait and see where the Discord channel is going.
>>
>>9416130
I feel like making a weed leaf jsk and smoking weed at the lolita meet. I'd be laughing my ass off all day. Could even make some pot brownies.
>>
>>9417280
Cringe.
>>
>>9417280
That just sounds really embarrassing. I'm very open to a meet where we get high tough. We could watch alice in wonderland or dumbo.
>>
File: One(you).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
One(you).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Lol weed Xd
>>
>>9417287
>Alice in Wonderland
Nah, if we're going to do such a stereotype stoner thing we might as well watch the 1939 version of the Wizard of Oz synched to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.
Yes, this is a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_of_the_Rainbow
>>
>>9417297
Please make it happen
I don't know about stereotypical stoner things because I don't know any stoners desu
>>
File: alcolism.png (374KB, 510x877px) Image search: [Google]
alcolism.png
374KB, 510x877px
Looks like Animecon finalised the list of whiskies and other strong booze for the tasting
-The Nikka Blend 10yo
-Mars Small batch, the beauty of Shinshu: Rindo (58%)
-Mars Single Cask for LMDW France
-Ichiro's Malt Mizunara Wood Reserve
-Mars Tsunuki Warehouse opening edition Small batch 58%
-9 Leaves Japanese White Rum
-Nikka Rita 30yo Apple Brandy

This is going to be good!
>>
>>9417280
Did you move here from another country where weed is still le edgey or are you homegrown cringe?
>>
>>9417410
For lolita's even a skirt thats too short is edgy
>>
>>9417459
And for cosplayers, not wearing makeup is apparently edgy. So? I'm pretty sure neither of us want to deal with some child who smoked weed once and now can't shut the fuck up about how cool they are.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-1hSzun5k

Appel Works cmv video of DCC.
>>
>>9417950
Or right, we didn't do our usual round of post-con photo galleries and videos yet.
>>
>>9417950
How come they have so many ugly girls in the video?
>>
>>9417964
Dutch are very down to earth. only the lowest of the low, The outcasts, the degenerates, indulge in such a hobby.
>>
>>9417950
That beast at the beginning.

It made my day.
>>
>>9417950
Some of these cutaways were pretty damn impressive.
>>
>>9417989
There are some pretty girls in the dutch community though
>>
>>9418242
you're a pretty girl!
>>
>>9418242
I agree, sadly enough a lot that I consider to be very pretty in costume, look really plain without makeup and wigs.
>>
>>9418418
Most people are plain, anon. That's why they call it plain.
>>
>>9418424
>Average = average for a reason
>>
>>9417956
I'm seeing photos pop up left and right, photographers probably finally have time to edit, are you guys seeing anything worth sharing?
>>
I wish there was a way to lose weight and keep these boobs...
>>
>>9418535
I bet you'll be a plain motherfucker without them too ;) Have some more pie, fatty.
>>
>>9418524
I really like kaleidoscopy's photos so far. Jeroen Weimar also has his photo's online. Just the usual from him imho
>>
>>9418535
the only thing I can think of is to wear a GOOD corset. or loose weight and wear a corset that pushes up your boobs.
>>
>>9418535
But there is? Training your pectoral muscles (chest area) starting off with high intensity low rep training will help you get a bigger chest as a girl. If you follow that later with cardio, esp. using your upper body (epilipticals, etc) you can still get an influx of muscle movement and training in that region giving you a bigger and better chest. You won't have breasts as big as they are now, but the ones you have will look bigger and fitter.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/267448-how-to-lose-weight-without-losing-your-boobs/
http://ninacheriefranklin.com/be-fabulous/losing-weight-without-losing-boobs/

We're all going to make it breh.
>>
>>9419128
Training your chest will make it flatter but more firm. Like a boy. Do not train it.
>>
>>9419130
>itt people who don't know shit about lifting pretending they know the effects of lifting

Training your chest will just increase pecs, not make you flat. Also gives you the ability to make your tits jiggle without hands cause you can just flex your pecs. Train your pecs, it's a good burn.
>>
Are there any general jfashion meets /comms in our country? I want to make jfashion friends but I don't wear lolita
>>
>>9419135
This anon is trying to make you flat like a little boy or a loli. Do not listen to this person.
>>
>>9419138
Seconded.
>>
>>9419130
You need to start off with hard lifts, build it down to cardiovascular excercise fitted to the upper regions of your body.

There's a reason I posted sources with more info on it with my post, so you can backtrack it and look up more information on it. I'm not going to write the damn book on it, but it's a 5-10 minute read for the both of them.
>>
>>9419141
If it worked like that I'd be flat now anon. Good job being retarded.
>>
>>9419138
There is a dutch j-fashion group of facebook, but it is not very active. I believe there is also a j-fashion sales page.
>>
>>9419143
Thanks! I used to do fitness and want to pick it back up, so any help is welcome
>>
File: BEUKEN.jpg (222KB, 406x722px) Image search: [Google]
BEUKEN.jpg
222KB, 406x722px
>>9419157
You go anon, fitness is a great hobby, and good for your health too if you do it well!

WE GAAN WEER BEUKEN!
>>
>>9419155
Do they organise meets?
>>
Anyone going to vidcon?
>>
>>9419160
Uegh this guy, he's everything that is wrong with youtube superstars just wrapped in a fit body.
Screaming every fucking two odd sentances is annoying beyond compare.
>>
>>9419180
Yeah me, curious whats it gonna be like and if there'll be cosplayers in costume
>>
>>9419180
>>9419210
It's a bit expensive though
>>
>>9419180
>€100 entry fee
>>
anyone enjoying the big bouncy castle at FACTS?
>>
File: IMG_0264.png (1MB, 982x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0264.png
1MB, 982x852px
>#notbothered
>>
>>9419311
Is that a guy in a dress?
>inb4 it's current year meme
>>
>>9419311
>posting full names on 4Chan
>>
>>9419128
Losing 20+ kilo's and your boobs wont stand a chance, no matter much lifting you do. I speak from experience. Lost 35kg myself.
>>
>>9419311
But at least one of the organisers of the "picknick" meet posts on cgl too lol
>>
>>9419336
>>9419336
Give us som before and after photos. Also cant lose what u dont have.
>>
>>9419138
>>9419162
There's going to be a Fashion walk in Leiden (you have to register before hand). And their was a talk about another meet, but everyone got buzzy and forgot about it.
>>
>>9419311
>>9419352
At least 2 people in the picture (I'm pretty sure all). I guess it's a joke, but it strikes me more as ironic without the 'some people on' part in it.
>>
>>9419421
Honestly, fuck fashion walks. You're literally putting on a parade so normies can stare and laugh at you. I just like wearing my clothes, don't need to draw anymore attention than I already do.
>>
>>9419314
yuy it is.
>>
>>9419311
the dutch comm has gone so much down hill the last few years. might consider becoming a lonelita a la Momoko style.
>>
>>9419311
I have never been able to be completely comfortable around brolitas. For some reason i find them creepy.
>>
>>9419470
Walking to and from meetups is my least favourite thing ever. When I'm out alone I never get any nasty comments but as soon as there's a few of us we get screamed at and people start filming us. A meetup where the entire pint is to walk around a city in attention-grabbing clothes sounds like the opposite of a good time to me. But hey, apparently it appeals to some people.
>>
>>9419511
That's perfectly reasonable. Most men who are comfortable going outside in women's clothing have something a little wrong with them. Not even counting crossplaying to a con or anything, but if you just wear it out casually then that's pretty questionable.
>>
>>9419554
Thank you for saying that anon. I never voice to anyone. Since these days we just have to be comfortable with everything and everyone. But I was never able to fully accept brolita's. So it's nice to hear this for a change.
>>
>>9419554
This one is fine, tough we definitely had a couple of creepers that I am glad are gone.
>>
>>9419563
>Since these days we just have to be comfortable with everything and everyone.
Maybe it's because I don't live in a big city but the people around me are definitely uncomfortable with such things, and vocal about it too. In lolita fashion (incl ouji) crossdressing has been accepted since the 90s at least, probably because of the influence of visual kei. In visual kei and lolita you disregard your sex and dress according to your ideal aesthetic. I've also heard Rose of Versailles influenced Japanese people into alt fashion/lolita to crossdress. Tough lolita meetups are sometimes considered to be only for women in Japan.
>>
>>9419511
>>9419554
>>9419563
You sound sheltered as fuck, I bet you're from the biblebelt.
>>
>>9419593
Get out and take your lack of values with you anon.
>>
>>9419584
I remember reading that some brand shops don't allow men into their shop unless they're with a woman, and also some Japanese lolitas on auction sites won't sell to an account owned by a man which makes it harder for some shopping services.
>>
>>9419596
>4chan
>thinking anyone here has "values"

Biblebelt confirmed.
>>
>>9419593
I'm not even close to the bible belt nor was I raised religious. I moved a couple of times while growing up.
But I guess you are the perfect example of what I was talking about.
Also I'm not >>9419596. You should really talk with somebody about these cropped up frustrations. You sound so triggered by my personal feelings. That as I mentioned earlier never voiced out loud. So in other words never bothered any brolita with.
>>
>>9419593
Kek, I bet you're a libcuck.
>>
>>9419537
If the whole bad time come from the meeting itself, why is your least favourite part walking to and from them?
>>
File: Nairn.jpg (15KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
Nairn.jpg
15KB, 248x251px
Did you have fun at F.A.C.T.S. this weekend?
>15 euro party
>>
>>9419662
Except I'm a woman so good try. You still sound sheltered as fuck though, it's hilarious that people like you exist in 2017. Tell me, were your parents cousins?
>>
>dutch cgl
if your ancestors saw you wearing goofy anime shit they would spit on you
>>
File: DrillsLaughing.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
DrillsLaughing.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>9419841
yeah also losing to bulgaria in soccer

PATHETIC
>>
>>9419662
If it helps I totally agree with you. These days you can't say anything without triggering something or someone. Fem-warriors being the best possible example of this.
But being a young cis gender white male myself I cannot see beyond my own priveledge so I learned to shut up and keep my opinions to myself. I mean what do I know about life and suffering?
>>
>>9420135
May I ask where in the Netherlands you live, where you can't talk like this? I live in a village close to the randstad and gay people still get spit on when they go to normie bars. Or is this bait..?
>>
>>9420154
Different anon from the south here, I think it really depends on who you hang out with. You can choose your cultural circle and that could be as SJW as you wish. And at the same time gays still get glassed the next bar over.

Most likely it's randstad or any city with a big HBO/uni center in alpha classes.
>>
>>9419806
The remark was never intended at a brolita in o itself you lovely person who has a heart too big for her chest. I completely understand you want to feel important by caring about this, and in essence it's a good thing. But (s)he never said you were a brolita, also for somebody so keen on acceptance you're pretty easy to throw slurs around.

It's only something minor though, and I'm sure you'll repent for it in some way. I'll think about you when lighting a candle today, just to be sure.
>>
>>9420157
Yeah, it's like that in my village. There are a couple of bars where LGBT folks (which is like 5 people in total) can't go to without being intimidated/spit at or something (tough I don't think they would get beaten up). And there is one "rock café" where all the alt people go to (95% dresses like a normie tough). I can wear lolita there without getting bothered at all, I'm a girl tough.
>>
>>9419776
Most meetups are inside. Fashion walks are the only meetups where you just wander around for hours to get ogled by normies. I like most meetups aside from the walking to and from part, but I hate fashion walks in their entirety.
>>
>>9419511
Me too. I think it's because I see lolita as a fashion and not a costume. I have no problem with guys crossplaying.
>>
>>9420169
I'm pretty sure you have to take this to the general unless you are talking about Dutch brolita specifically, so sage
>>
>>9420167
I see, sorry, I misunderstood.
>>
>>9420171
Don't you think that's a little too overzealous? Why would we not be able to talk about things playing in the Dutch comm? Then we could take everything but drama talk to a general.
>>
>>9420180
If you only dislike Dutch brolitas you post it here, if you dislike brolitas in general you post it in the general
>>
>>9420184
And if I want to talk about the concept of brolita then what? I need to go to the general? So does this count for all the other things too? I can't talk about WiP, I can't talk about cosplays and advice on them, not about lolita in of itself and anything not bound to national drama around it?

Are you sure about that?
>>
>>9419511
I just want to know, are you okay with girls wearing Ouji/Kodona then?
>>
File: IMG_1600.png (292KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1600.png
292KB, 500x374px
>>9420169
I'm not a fan of brolitas either but the guy that sparked this discussion never struck me as a crossplayer. He seems to genuinely care about the fashion and puts better coords together than half the women in this community ngl
Too bad about his stereotypical catty attitude. It's like some people, especially in the lolita community, watch Mean Girls and think the Plastics are something to aspire to because they're 'cool' and 'elite'.
>>
>>9419311
I'm glad there are still nice classy lolitas in our comm too, getting so tired of these 'look we are so cool because we totally don't give a fck about whatever we do - types' that feel the need to put it out there for attention.
>most people that don't give a fck actually don't post stuff like this on Fb.
>>
>>9420227
I think you are taking a joke way too seriously.
>>
>>9420250
You're probably one of them
>>
>>9420250
It's very try-hard for a "joke". Eyerollingly so.
>>
>>9420255
>>9420263
Stay mad
>>
I feel like everyone is overreacting
>>
>>9420284
Same, no one ever got hurt by a brolita in our comm as far as I'm aware
>>
OP can we please get a new thread without retarded lolita drama please
>>
How was the Formula Cosplay last year ? A friend of mine is going this year
>>
>>9420298
alternatively, OP could consider putting a fair warning in the top of the next tread that all CGL related topics are welcome here and to calm your jimmies when it's not about you for once.

I'm not into Lolita myself but this board doesn't belong to cosplayers or anyone else specifically, its just dutch CGL which includes both(and more).
>>
File: 1470007987723.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1470007987723.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
The current thread is on auto-sage, a new thread can be found at >>9420344

>>9420298
>>9420339
Just don't reply to them and hide those posts. The beauty of 4chan is that only items deemed interesting end up being discussed or receiving replies.
>>
>>9420339
Normally we do post that kind of stuff in the general and comm thread tough
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.