[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay advice thread. Comic Con this year I was thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: mgscosplay.jpg (113KB, 480x782px) Image search: [Google]
mgscosplay.jpg
113KB, 480x782px
Cosplay advice thread. Comic Con this year I was thinking of doing a naked snake cosplay. Any advice to avoid looking like a generic soldier? Cardboard box is obvious, but I'm thinking maybe some small details from 3 a la a fork in my suspension holster. Pic related was my first attempt for a smaller Con.
>>
>>9401934
It's gonna be kinda tough because he does look like what your average normie would interpret as a cod soldier from Black ops or something.the box should be a giveaway for fans though. Bretty gud m8
>>
>>9401934
Try wearing a camouflage more unique to the game that's not usually used by some other pointy & shooty bang bang games. like Fire, Squares, or even some joke camos, like Bananas or Cold War. You could always go with shirtless, but, you know, slut-shaming.
>>
File: IMG_0035.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>9402142
>banana fatigues
I want this to happen.
>>
You could carry around a stuffed snake if people really were not able to figure it out. I mean the reptile.

Actually, don't do that. Maybe do the eye patch with the black bandanna?
>>
>>9401934
Get the eyepatch and make sure that the bandana stays over your eyebrows.

You could bring a banana instead of a gun, like you use to hold people up in Peace Walker.
>>
>>9402163
>>9402165
Iirc naked snake doesn't have the eye patch, but most people don't know the difference so it would probably work well
>>
>>9402173
That's why I suggested it. It might make it more obvious to people who don't play, like me. He could stay accurate and appeal to those who actually play.
>>
>>9402173
Naked Snake does have the eyepatch. Halfway through the game he gets shot and burns his right eye, requiring the patch.
>>
>>9402173
You're smoking some serious crack. He has the eyepatch and is the most definitive user of it in the series.
>>
>>9402236
>>9402233
Sorry m8s I was thinking solid snake had the patch, and naked snake didn't have one. Need to go back and replay MGS 3 when spring break comes jfc
>>
File: infiniteammo.jpg (93KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
infiniteammo.jpg
93KB, 600x338px
>>9402261
Good idea. Right around April 30th is when I replay them. Every year.
>>
>Naked Snake
Use Tiger Stripe Camo. No exceptions.
M56 Ammo Pouches/m14 Pouches
Pistol Belt with vertical webbing
Buttpack
German UZI Pouch
Canteen with pouch
Compression Shirt for the extra warm
M1949 Glove, three fingers cut off
Leather Eyepatch, two straps
Bandana
Knee Bandage
M10 Bayonet with Holster taped to leg
Jungle Boots
STABO Harness, preferably Replica
M1916 Leather Holster
PTT Switch
Throat Microphone
Small knife in Custom Sheath.

Did you even look at the fucking pictures of Snake or something?
>>
>>9404681
It's not that serious.
>>
>>9404687
You don't want to look like a generic fuck?
Do it right. Otherwise pick something else. Devil's in the details.
>>
>>9401934

are you on steroids? will you be showing off his naked cammo?

dont cosplay incompatiple body types first of all
>>
>>9404710
What do steroids have to do with it.
>>
>>9404687
then just wear a headband, eyepatch and a hoodie and call yourself "casual snake".
>>
On a scale of 1 to KYS my man how bad is this cosplay idea:

I want to do a Japari Park (Kemono Friends) cosplay, but because I'm a guy (who cant pass) and all the canon characters are female. I was going to get some 'Safari' Style shirt & trousers and get them embroidered with the Japari Park logo and a white pith helmet with some colorful feathers.
>>
>>9407072
Jesus, dude. Stop spamming threads asking for suggestions. Just do it and wait untill your costume either get forgotten on the void of the internet or end up in a bad cosplay thread.
>>
File: needhelp.jpg (223KB, 1890x1417px) Image search: [Google]
needhelp.jpg
223KB, 1890x1417px
Need help.
I want to cosplay the protag from P5 and 9S.
They perfectly fit my body type, even if I'm a bit tall for a perfect 9S (1m80).
The problem is I don't knwo where to start and what to use.
>>
>>9407713
Start with the hair.
Use a wig
>>
>>9407828
Thanks.
And after that ?
What kind of material should I use there ?
>>
>>9407836
Dude, come on.

Just go down the body.
Wig, then mask (up to you if you want to make one or take an existing mask and change it to fit the character) second character has a bandana anyways, just might need some dye.
Then the jacket(s) which you can likely find similar ones and add whatever designs.
And just keep going.
Use some innovation as you get to each piece and look up videos online, most of it's straightforward.

I assume this is your first cosplay.
I also assume you want it to look good.
Plan to spend several months on it.
>>
>>9407839
It's not my first one, but it's the first one actually involving a lot of fabric so I'm a bit lost, I only did an armor one from Dark Souls before, so all foam.
I don't have a deadline, I just want to make them.
My principal issue is the material of the 9S clothes (the one on the right).
>>
>>9407851
Looks like leather to me, m8.
Does not mean you HAVE to get a leather jacket, but it does mean that you want to get one that you can give a faded/old look and that is either dark brown or that you can dye.

Most of it seems pretty straightforward, and little to no fabric that you need to work with/sew unless you want to sew your own socks.

The shoes might be a pain to work with, but there's no fabric there, it's just multiple accessories on boots.
>>
>>9407862
Thanks, I'll snipe anything resembling that in garage sales.
>>
>>9406999

you're a dyel girly 15 year old cosplaying a buff as fuck rugged elite military agent.

its like 6ft 230lbs cleetus cosplaying as a shoujo prettyboy.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.