[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bodyline Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

File: YanMO.jpg (157KB, 375x397px) Image search: [Google]
YanMO.jpg
157KB, 375x397px
1) Is it still safe to place an order, or is the strange state of the store site a sign it is not safe to order?

2) Does anyone have ANY idea what's going on with the company?

3) Discuss anything else Bodyline-related below, including recent orders, any issues with them, or Bodyline hauls, item reviews, so on.
>>
I placed an order for shoes a few weeks ago, everything was fine? Low stock on everything though. :/
>>
>>9398175
Good to hear that. I'm in this place where I could afford to do one last big order and I am / was on the fence if it's safe. Something is definitely going on with them as a business but I haven't heard anything about what it is. I mean, I almost wonder if Mr. Yan died and they're not sure how to proceed with continuing the company.
>>
Nothing is going on, they just don't care much about foreign customers anymore, their Rakuten gets restocked frequently.
>>
>>9398169
Is there anything even worth buying on there anymore?
>>
>>9398214
do you need an ss for their rakuten?
>>
>>9398255
yeah, they dont ship internationally. fj is usually a good choice though, way cheaper shipping than bodyline's usual rate honestly, especially since they have sal/small packet options
(also that way you can combine it with auctions/secondhand stuff too)
>>
So basically it sounds like they might be shifting focus mainly to their Rakuten store and are just selling what's been listed already on their international site until it all empties out?

Their current prices are very deceptive; the EMS shipping is high, but given some JSKs are marked down to $9 it sort of evens out in the end to be their average non-sale rates... Which REALLY weirds me out, because if all that money is going to EMS... Then where's their profit margin?
>>
File: l284-2.jpg (270KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
l284-2.jpg
270KB, 800x1200px
I want to get this dress in brown and beige but I don't know if it will be of good quality, anyone has got it?
>>
>>9400706
What the fuck, anon. That lace is terrible, you could tell from the thumbnail it's shit
>>
>>9400713
On the rakuten site the reviews on this were good, so I thought that maybe it isnt that bad.
>>
>>9400754
It may has good reviews but come ooooon anon : this dress is so fucking ita. Don't buy this unless you want to look like shit.
>>
>>9400754
Even milanoo has good reviews on its own site
>>
>>9400768
Thank you for the advice, I'm a n00b on this and I don't have enough eyesight to difference terrible from ok dresses.
Could someone recommend me a nice dress to start?
>>
>>9400787
If you wanted brown for your first dress, these would both be nice options. I have a friend that owns the sailor JSK who usually wears IW and she really likes it. I've owned l087 in a couple of colours and I love it, it's super versatile and I really like the quality compared to other Bodyline (it's not at all shiny like in the picture).

http://bodyline.jp/en/costume839.html
http://bodyline.jp/en/l087.html

These would also be respectable choices, even though everyone can clock them as Bodyline at 20 paces, they're still generally accepted as nice prints:
http://bodyline.jp/en/l579.html
http://bodyline.jp/en/l314.html

I would avoid most of their distinctive prints as a first dress unless you're absolutely in love with the design since they're not that easy to coord and people are mostly sick of them after seeing so many of them worn badly over the years.

These are also nice, although if you like that sort of simpler, oldschool style you'll probably get more unique pieces not much more on Japanese auction sites, and they'd be easier to coord for a beginner:
http://bodyline.jp/en/l348.html
http://bodyline.jp/en/l353.html
>>
>>9400807
seconding the sailor jsk (I have it in wine and love it, despite not wearing much bodyline) though it can be hard to find a blouse that works well with that neckline
>>
File: IMG_1314.jpg (2MB, 3021x3331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1314.jpg
2MB, 3021x3331px
>see this skirt
>buy it
>don't even like lolita at ALL
>been sitting in my closet for centuries
I legit never wore it, what skirt is this?
>>
File: l394-2.jpg (237KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
l394-2.jpg
237KB, 700x1200px
>>9400807
The sailor dress is really cute, but not my style at all, and I'm not interested in dresses with patterns, I was thinking of something the style of the l087 dress, maybe I'll get it in red or blue. I also like this one, I would've liked to get it in brown and beige too but there's only black and white left, what do you think?
>>
>>9400867
L087 I can definitely vouch for, take a peek through some nice worn pictures if you're curious (http://bodylineneedsbetterpictures.tumblr.com/tagged/l087), but honestly I've never seen a good worn photo of l394, and wouldn't be very confident about its quality/looks, especially in blackxwhite.
You can see the skirt isn't as full, especially with the little side bustle-things it always ends up looking kinda sad and droopy, inadvertently making you look like more of a pettiless newbie than anyone would want (again, here are the few pics available, found in their rakuten reviews: http://review.rakuten.co.jp/item/1/204041_10011160/1.1/m3/?l2-id=review_PC_il_search_narrowing )
>>
>>9400867
My sister had L394 in black × white and the underskirt part is really crap quality, I really don't recommend it. It might have been salvageable in black × black but not any of the contrasting colourways. I've owned 5 BL dresses, two skirts and a blouse and that was hands down the worst of the bunch, the material really isn't great and the skirt shape is really awkward and doesn't fit a decent amount of poof. She ended up using it for a Halloween costume in the end.

If you like l087 go for l087, I've owned that and it's really much nicer. If you're not sold on the design of any of the BL stuff you've seen, give Lacemarket/FB sales/fril/y!Japan auctions a check and see if you can find something you like there within your budget.
>>
How safe is it to order from Bodyline??
I'm from Ireland and have spotted a few bits I'd like to get and I'm a bit nervous about getting some mad shipping bill or something.

Also if anyone has recommendations on sites similar to Bodyline that would nice.
>>
>>9400706
I own this and it's honestly one of my favorite pieces. I don't know what those other anons are going on about tbqh.
I'd say give it a shot. Wear what you want, fashion doesn't have rules.
>>
>>9401689
>fashion doesn't have rules

found the ita noob

>>9400706
follow the others advice, it's a terrible dress that isn't appropriate for any lolita or costume situation
>>
>>9401109
Fellow Irish lolita here, Taobao is your friend or check ClosetChild and Wunderwelt, they have great brand pieces and some go pretty cheap.
>>
>>9401109
Yeah, they mark down prices customs wont hit you.

Check out mercari
>>
File: flash1.jpg (41KB, 357x356px) Image search: [Google]
flash1.jpg
41KB, 357x356px
Does anyone have the full picture of Mr. Yan being flashed? I only have the cropped version. I've been searching the archives but I haven't found anything. I thought I had the picture saved, but I guess not.
>>
>>9401717
Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it not lolita.
This is a perfectly acceptable piece, I'd argue better than most of the stuff Meta shits out.

And no, fashion advances through exploration so there are no true "rules"
I've been in the fashion for over 8 years now, I think I'd know what I'm talking about
>>
>>9403187
I'm curious about this, he got flashed?
>>
>>9400706
This dress looks like shit and needs to be destroyed.
>>
>>9403242
I think he was in Mexico. The full picture is hilarious and I'm trying to show a friend. It's like it's been scrubbed off of the Internet or something, because I can't find it anywhere. It was originally on their Facebook page, but that's long gone. I'm sure I'm overlooking it in the archives somewhere, but I'm really hoping someone here has it.
>>
>>9403231
8 years and still an ita noob.

Sad.
>>
>>9403231
>the ita lace monster is better than some of Meta

I will agree that Meta puts out some questionable stuff but you're delusional if you think that the dress in question is anywhere near acceptable.
>>
File: 1410200050845.jpg (39KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1410200050845.jpg
39KB, 500x272px
>>9403264
Gotchu anon
>>
>>9403303
You're a gem. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9403269
>>9403274
>When the newfags call you ita because they can't think of an argument
Never change cgl.
>>
Quick guide for how to ship Bodyline by a Lolita who has a lot of Bodyline that no one recognizes as Bodyline:

>1) Go simple.
If it has a ridiculous about of lace on it, extreme OTT-ish details... It's probably cheap.
>2) Image EVERY item
Be critical. Does the worn stuff look bad? Don't talk yourself into believing it will look different on you.
>3) Be Honest about your sewing skills
Do NOT assume you're up to modifying everything you plan to order. Yes: modifying a Bodyline piece CAN make a huge difference and it CAN still save you more money then making it entirely yourself or buying it from somewhere else... But DO NOT sign yourself up for a pile of DIY "I can't wear this until I alter it" pieces.
>4) DO NOT buy Bodyline because you are "too poor"
This sounds confusing, but what I mean is this; if your preferred piece costs $80 used on closet child, DO NOT buy the bodyline knock-off or "reminds me of" version for $40. Save your money up; buy what you ACTUALLY want.

Gonna just finish up saying this; I like buying bodyline because I am a variety fanatic; I have brand, but Bodyline allows me to fill out my wardrobe with every color of the rainbow I want, every generic cut, so on. The last point relates back to me realizing how there are two ways girls usually end up at bodyline; either it's "I have no specific dresses in mind, I just want this color or style for cheap" or it's "I want this specific brand dress but I'm too poor / fat / tall / whatever so I'm just gonna SETTLE for this knock-off". Whatever you do; DO NOT buy Bodyline if you are this second type of person. You will come off as annoying to everyone at meets; everyone will get tired of you throwing around unnecessary excuses why you are wearing bodyline and not something else.
>>
>>9403346
*Shop Bodyline, not Ship Bodyline
>>
>>9403313
>when the ita calls you a newfag because they got called out

ftfy
>>
>>9400776
>Even milanoo has good reviews on its own site

This.
The good reviews for an item don't mean anything, if they are mainly from people that don't know shit. So you >>9400706
want to check different sources to get a broader picture.

To be fair, technically this >>9403231 anon isn't wrong. It could be worn as lolita, but the frumpy design and the lack of quality would make it an incredible eyesore and a waste of money, time and hope. The lace looks like something you'd expect on a chinese 10$ costume. Hell, even for 10$ you can get new JSKs by bodyline that are pretty legit.

>>9401689
>Wear what you want, fashion doesn't have rules.

cgl's meme of the month. Fashion has no rules set into stone, yes. You can wear whatever the fuck you want, yes. But just because you wear a random frilly dress doesn't mean you are wearing lolita now, when you fail to meet its most basic aesthetics.

I see myself out for tasting all this bait.
>>
File: tumblr_nuxhrmVhTL1qgejq7o1_1280.jpg (192KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuxhrmVhTL1qgejq7o1_1280.jpg
192KB, 720x1280px
Are there any more pictures of l579 in green? This is all I could find. Also, would this be an ok option for my first lolita purchase? Green is my favorite color but it seems a little trickier to coord than the other colorways.
>>
>>9404307
The dress itself is ok, however green generally is a really hard colour to coordinate. For example, if two pinks are close but slightly off it's less noticeable than if two greens are close but slightly off.
However, if you really wanted to get it in green it might be best to use pink & another colour in the print as your main accent colours (pink blouse, pink shoes, maybe pink & blue(?) or green tights) with some cute green & pink accessories to bring green into the coord other than just the dress
>>
If you're unable to tell the difference between an ita dress versus people having different tastes, then no one here is going to convince you. But go ahead, buy it if you want to look like some tragic milano mess, I look forward to the pics in the ita thread.
>>
>>9400706
Honestly if you think this dress can be saved you're a fucking retard. That lace looks itchier than chicken poxx. Good luck with the rash ita chans.
>>9404307
This is a better dress, but yeah green is REALLY hard to coord. Seems brands (even taobao) is short on mint/green accessories and such. And mints and greens can be hard to match... Seriously mint can be more green or more blue... and just searching green can get you emerald... it's kinda rough life loving green/mint/etc...
I suggest try to find if you can find things to coord with it then buy it if not get a better colorway that will be way easier. GL!
>>
>>9401689
Photo pls
>>
>>9405040
>newfags covered in pastel vomit already tearing apart a Gothic piece because it's ""offbrand""
>okay, let me self post!!

Yeah, no
>>
>>9405553
Could you post a lace closeup then?
>>
File: 2017-03-23 17.39.11.jpg (4MB, 1745x3114px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-23 17.39.11.jpg
4MB, 1745x3114px
>>9405565
I could see that the lace is a little scratchy but it's not too bad
>>
>>9405696
anon that is some serious meh tier raschel lace. acceptable in casual clothing.... a crime in lolita. Lolita has to look luxurious with gorgeous lace... not shitty joanns craft-tier lace!!!!
>>
>>9405715
Bitch, I didn't come here to have my wardrobe shat on.
You asked for a pic, I gave you a goddamned pic.

This is why cgl has a bad rep.
>>
>>9405717
I believe in you!
Yes those are just cruel girls with a lot of resentment...
Please make a coord with the dress so you can shut up them all !
>>
>>9405717
Because they told you the truth about your dress?

They asked for a pic of it specifically to see the quality o f the dress because it looks like shit in the stock photo.

Your photo has indeed proved that the dress is made from poor materials. If you like the dress and it makes you happy, then great! But its not a good lolita dress
>>
>>9405717
That's a different anon from me (I asked you)
It does look better than the stock photo. It's not great lace, though. A lot of dresses in the same price range do better lace.

Keep in mind, the request is for pics to determine the construction quality. If the dress looks good on you, it looks good on you, you can rock it even if it has flaws.
>>
>>9404485
>>9404797
Thanks for the help, anons! Guess I was right about green being a hard color to work with. I'll see if I can find some items that would suit it before getting the dress itself and if that proves to be too hard I'll forget about green until I get some more experience with lolita.
>>
>>9405927
Green goes well with cream or brown shades. Think pistachio ice cream
>>
>>9405717
Maybe it has a bad rep amongst you itas because we actually tend to give honest criticism instead of just asspats for looking like a cheap weeby pile of shit.
If you want a safe space of people who won't tell you what looks bad and what doesn't you should go back to tumblr.

>>9405553
People aren't tearing you apart because you like gothic or offbrand. They are because that dress looks milanope-tier when it comes to the fit, design and especially material quality.
And we all know you don't want to selfpost because deep down you realise you look like garbage in it.
>>
File: 1453851564489.jpg (114KB, 500x748px) Image search: [Google]
1453851564489.jpg
114KB, 500x748px
>>9405927
Green isn't that hard to coordinate so long as you're not making an all-green outfit. It works wells with more pastels (even darker greens for a pop) and with muted tones of cream,brown, and I especially love it with wine.

Despite the red not being in the print of pic related, green looks really nice with the brown and red.
>>
>>9406832
Mint is hard to find and colour-match, but so is lavender. It's an issue you're going to run into with most pastel sweet coords that you usually solve by pairing with other complementary pastels like pink. I think anon should go for the mint dress.
>>
>>9405717
It is okay anon. I like some bodyline dresses more than some brand ones too. If you like it you like it, end of the line. I have a strong preference for quality lace though.
>>
Bought some headdresses and other accessories to fill out my wardrobe, praying it doesn't take over three months to arrive like last time lmao
>>
>>9398218
Im just waiting for their RHS to restock. I have huge feet and their the only place that I can find that makes them that big
>>
File: 1419662214302.gif (232KB, 200x330px) Image search: [Google]
1419662214302.gif
232KB, 200x330px
tfw package was shipped on the 11th and has been in New York "office of exchange" for 5 days
>>
>>9400706
Anon, save your money for second hand burando. Look at the measurements of the model, she's by no means a fatty chan, but the dress makes her body shape look like shit warmed over. And as the other anons said, about the lace, the construction, the general quality... it's fucking awful.
>>
>>9411016
Look at their Rakuten site. They haven't restocked their main site in AGES.
>>
>>9400706
Oh honey no...you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. There's better. If you're on a budget, second hand burando is the way to go.
>>
>>9405696
Lolita requires fine French lace. It's soft to the touch and has a pleasant well lined design on it with a sense of sturdiness.
>>
>>9411178
They don't have RHS on their Rakuten, either. Are Bodyline RHS extinct now?
>>
I'm looking forward to buy a short sleeved blouse to match holy theater in navy (and another sweet navy dress from taobao, cats astrology that i havent received yet).
I think l301 would look good, but the white colorway isn't available anymore, only the offwhite one. I never owned a blouse from bodyline, so i don't know how it would look in real life with navy. Do you think it won't look off with the dress?
>>
I need shoes fairly soon (within 2 weeks) and i'm not sure if antaina will make it or if i should just do taobao cause they have it in stock. I'm not desperate for these shoes and i can wear others but i would prefer new ones to fit the outfit a little nicer. Suggestions? I've had good luck with shipping so far, my local post is A+
>>
>>9411016
Try antaina, big feet friend. They have some nice rhs styles.
>>
>>9411092
oh sweet american summer child, if only you knew of european custom charges and wait times (max ive had to wait for an order: 5 months, usual wait times in my country vary from 1 to 3 months. just because they feel like it.).
>>
Placed an order three weeks ago and it arrived this week. Seems like their online shops are working fine, just not restocking the international one anymore.
>>
>>9403269
Omg stop being a cunt
>>
Bodyline website has disappeared. Says domain doesn't exist. :\
>>
>>9417716
its working fine for me, but now you've got me scared.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.