[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you star cosplaying?are you male or female?at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1481040938874.jpg (62KB, 720x789px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481040938874.jpg
62KB, 720x789px
At what age did you star cosplaying?are you male or female?at what age do you think is appropriate to stop?oldfag here,just asking because thinking about retiring soon(pic unrelated)
>>
>>9391964
I was kind of a late bloomer and started around 2014 when i was 21. As of today I have no intention to quit cosplaying, but I'm starting to feel a bit old - especially at local cons, where the majority of people seems to be 14-18 yo.
>>
>>9391968
Eventually you'll feel out of place,like I do
>>
>>9391973
I guess it's already happening. I'm always trying to laugh off, tho.
Asking your questions back at you: are you m or w and when did you start?
>>
I was 17 when I started, and now i'm 23 and have no intentions of stopping. Now I'm just really nitpicky with my own looks, which is probably a good thing.
>>
>>9391977
M,started when I was 19,Im 36 now
>>
>>9391964
>14 (24 now)
>female
>never
>>
>>9391964

Started at 14, female, now 27. Honestly I think one can cosplay into old age, it's just a matter of knowing what characters/costumes are appropriate for you.

I think retiring is entirely a personal decision and should be based on more than just "I'm too old", although I'll admit I feel really awkward when I'm in a cosplay group and almost everyone is 10+ years younger than I am
>>
>>9391977
>Now I'm just really nitpicky with my own looks, which is probably a good thing.
probably the reason why i never get any cosplay done in time...

>>9392003
I'm male, too btw AND into crossplay, which does not help at all
>>
>>9391964
>At what age did you star cosplaying?
23, will do it for the first time this summer
>are you male or female?
male
>at what age do you think is appropriate to stop?
There is no such thing as too old for cosplay.
I wouldn't go for a school girl/shota cosplay though once my oldfag age is clearly visible, but settle instead for more mature, older character since the visible age will most likely kill the tone of a "serious cosplay" for younger characters.
Still pic related is always an option. :^)

>tfw you want to crossplay before you get too old for that shit
>>
Female, started when I was 13, took a short break from ages 18-20, then I got back into it more seriously. I'm 22 now and I'm already planning cons for next year.

Taking that break from cons and cosplay is weird, like I've been cosplaying for a decade almost but I'm still teaching myself how to sew and don't have many cosplays that aren't really cringy from before my break so it's like I've only been cosplaying for a year.
>>
Female, I was 11. My aunt made me a spirited away cosplay and that kickstarted it all. I stopped when I was 14-16 and started again when I turned 18. I'm 19 now and finally doing major cosplay projects for once.
>>
Male, started cosplaying on 2014 at age 24 (27 y.o. now) As long as you don't try too hard to cosplay characters that really don't fit you anymore, age shouldn't be an obstacle (but just in case, I always cosplay masked characters).
>>
I started cosplaying on my own in probably about 6th grade, where I cosplayed a basic gerudo from ocarina of time.
I had a shitty spray painted wig and a halloween store bough scythe.
I really did actual cosplaying around 9th grade and then continued to improve my craft up until now.
So all in all, about 14 years ago
>>
Female. Started at 15, I'm 25 now.

I don't know if I will be retiring but I'm going to be on a long hiatus because my job is taking me to a foreign country. I may be cosplay when I come back to the states but I don't know?

That being said, the community has really changed over the years and I don't really care for all the changes. I'm not entire sure if the community was like this back when I started I would have gotten into it.
>>
Female, 21 or 22? I'm 26 now and I have no intention of stopping anytime soon. I've got a group of friends who still enjoy cons plus the money to really make a vacation out of the weekend. I really can't imagine doing this when I was in high school or college, its such a time and money sink.
>>
Female, started cosplaying in 2013 when I was 20. I also have no intention of quitting cosplay anything soon, but all of my closer cosplay friends are a few years older than me and seem to be losing interest in cosplay. I'm starting to feel really out of place with all the teens cosplaying, too. I'm still making plans for future cosplays and I don't think that my enthusiasm for it will die out any time soon, I just feel a bit sad thinking about how it seems all of my friends seem to be moving on to other things now. I'm hoping to meet some new cosplayers to hang out with in the future, though.
>>
>>9391968
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say but I'm not feeling old yet, maybe it's because people still mistake me for a teen even though I'm 24
>>
I'm female. I started at 20. I'm 35 now and still cosplaying. I took a break for awhile and did lolita but got back into it. Nobody believes I'm the age I am so I have no problems or worries. I can just afford this shit better than when I started.

You stop whenever it's no longer something that you enjoy or brings you happiness. If you're 60 and still doing this, great. If you feel like stopping at 25 it's whatever. There's no guideline.
>>
>>9391964
I stopped cosplaying at 16 and pursued lolita and j-fashion instead. I'm female and 19 now
>>
I started when I was 14/15 back in 2008, I'm 23 now and have no plans to retire.
The scene really has changed in the past decade and personally I like how connected everything is now...I do wish there was more cosplay for older series popping up at conventions, but that's more of an issue with not liking what's currently popular.

I do feel like being "older" has its advantages...I have access to better materials because I have my own money, I'm more willing to try more difficult engineering projects because of my experience and greater attention span. I also know a little more what actually looks good on me, and pay more attention to taking care of myself than I did in my teens.
It's also a good thing that there's still younger people interested in conventions; it means they'll hopefully keep going for a while longer.
>>
>>9391964
late bloomer at 24, 28 now, stopping is for quitters
>>
>>9391964
I started cosplaying this year but started going to cons in 2011. I'm male. Never stop!
>>
Started at about 21, but had been dabbling unofficially for a few years before. Im male and 29 now, not stopping anytime soon.
>>
>>9391964
I started cosplaying in 2008 when I was 15. I'm 24 now and don't intend to stop until cons start dying out, but a lot of my friends who used to cosplay with me have stopped going to conventions altogether now.
>>
24, will start out with a simple as fuck Kazuma Konosuba cosplay at anime Boston in a couple of weeks.
Male, working on getting /fit/, I'll probably leave dyel tier in a year though I've already started getting unsolicited compliments.
>>
Male, started at 16, and am now 30.

I'm sort of "retired" by default at the moment, and haven't worn a costume in a few years. I'd love to get back into it, and in fact have gotten halfway done with a costume or two, but it's hard to stay in the kind of shape I need to be in and I just don't feel good enough to go out in costume, plus it's hard to find characters that fit my age and look. (It'd be a lot easier were I into western media, but I'm only into anime and there's a real awkward period between boyish teenage looks and gruff middle-aged man where there aren't many good costume/character options.)
>>
Started when I was 21, am 25 now. Male - I don't know if I'll stop. I'm pretty normie and have only normie friends who know about and think my cosplays are cool. I'll probably just do older and older characters until I die.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.