[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the cosplay scene like in SF? I'm moving to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: RENBTk9.jpg (418KB, 1122x1920px) Image search: [Google]
RENBTk9.jpg
418KB, 1122x1920px
What's the cosplay scene like in SF?
I'm moving to SF from SoCal and idk if I'm gonna like it :(
>>
What exactly do you mean in terms of scene? Number of people? There's a lot of cosplayers out here. You'll be fine.
>>
>>9387038
Yeah but it seemed like all the cons happen in socal...
>>
>>9387043
The main one up here is Fanime. Smaller cons include AOD (next weekend in Santa Clara), Silicon Valley Comic Con, and Krakencon. Other not-really-a-con events where everyone goes to are the Cherry Blossom Festival (April 8-9 and the weekend after that) and J-Pop Summit (Sept 9-10). There's also the Norcal Cosplay Gatherings which involve a shitload of people hanging out and as many photos as people bother to take. The next one is at Lake Cunningham in San Jose on March 25.

For the immediate future I'd suggest going to the Norcal Cosplay Gathering because it's cheap and there's no distractions. You'll probably run into a bunch of people you know already because a lot of the people up here go to socal cons like ALA and AX.
>>
I'm from SoCal and live here now, but spent a few years in NorCal.

I actually like it way better up there. The scene is chiller and cons are more laid back, as opposed to the hectic photoshoot and party-fests that LA cons tend to be. There's a lot of crossover between the NorCal and SoCal scenes, as the last anon said, but I find that the NorCal cosplayers I know are a more mature and well-adjusted group of people compared to SoCal's perpetual teenage vibe. (That said I'm 30 and most of my cosplay friends are at the older end of the spectrum so it might be different for other people.)

Fanime and the JTown events also have the benefit of being in locations that are much more pleasant, with lots of nearby food options and attractive photo backgrounds, unlike AX's concrete jungle or ALA's middle of nowhere location. The cooler weather makes for a much better experience when wearing anything other than sexy costumes, too.

Damn, now I'm almost tempted to drive up to AOD. I wonder if anybody I know has a room...
>>
>>9387038
if that's you OP, I like your Link cosplay

can't help with your question tough (I am living in middle-europa)
>>
You mean the Bay Area in general, right? We have cosplay gatherings in the area, NorCal Gatherings, and it reaches at least 500 people each time and it is STILL climbing at every new event. Its fucking insane. Its like a mini convention but just BBQ and people wearing outfits and hanging out. Free photoshoots. Its awesome.
>>
>>9387379
I feel bad because I lived in NorCal for 4 years and got invited to every single gathering, and yet never made it to one.

To be fair I was stuck way out in Sac so one-day events in the BA were a bit iffy, and my (now ex-) GF, who was the main cosplayer between us, never wanted to go to them.

Also, speaking of Sac, don't even think of going to SacAnime if you value your sanity.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.