[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DELINQUENT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 18

So what sort of reference material is available on the whole bancho/juvenile delinquent thing.

As in, ACTUAL REFERENCE MATERIAL. Of course it's been a pop-culture thing now for ages and exaggerated for anime/films, but how did they actually look?

Can discuss Bōsōzoku too.
>>
This books seems exactly the thing that i'm looking for, but guess it's been out of print for ages
>>
Somebody please explain the reasoning behind their baggy clothes. It doesn't seems very smart to wear loose clothing in the middle of a gang fight, you could easily get grabbed and pulled.
>>
File: 8d92829bde265e58fa5040870f4e6e58.jpg (808KB, 1200x972px) Image search: [Google]
8d92829bde265e58fa5040870f4e6e58.jpg
808KB, 1200x972px
>>9375077
I love sukeban so much but it's hard to find even shitty cosplay quality uniforms with long skirts
>>
>>9375209
I believe it is because it is the opposite look of the regular school uniform which is clean and tailored
>>
>>9375209
I'm not certain, but these styles often seemed to be some exaggeration on school uniforms, tailored shorter/longer/baggier/tighter to look non-conforming, while still loosely recognisable as a uniform.
>>
File: BWcrew.jpg (214KB, 902x646px) Image search: [Google]
BWcrew.jpg
214KB, 902x646px
>>9375209
Reminds me of zoot suits desu. Considering the historical connections of the yanki subculture and the Osaka base there might be a connection.
>>
>>9375212
If you're willing to spend the extra cash its fairly easy to find actual uniform sellers on Rakuten, you can even find used uniform sellers too
>>
>>9376033
>>
>>9376033
well, the zoot suit was mostly a "well, we have shortage of everything because of war, well i'm going to use as much fabric on my clothing as possible to give you the middle finger"

If you wanted to rebel against the estabilishment in japan in the 50's you wore a aloha shirt because it's quite all-american and they just dropped a couple of nukes on you, so it was a great way to take a shit on the whole yamato spirit.
>>
File: stop it.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>9376177
>Zoot suit=JoJo
Fucking CoCo and their shitty fanfiction, I swear.
>>
I would love to see my boyfriend wear this style- any ideas where to get stuff for big, tall guys?
>>
File: 8dd5f5ba.jpg (121KB, 799x599px) Image search: [Google]
8dd5f5ba.jpg
121KB, 799x599px
Delinquent thread and this photo hasn't been posted yet? Really?
>>
>>9375209
Probably for the same reason why rappers wear baggy pants and punks wear ripped jeans.
The movements were founded by impoverished teens who wore ill fitting hand me downs. When the movements became mainstream it became an aesthetic that could be imitated and sold.
>>
>>9376666
Oddly appropiate quads get.
Also why is that photo special? Sure, it shows a bunch of delinquents, but there must be thousands more of pics like it.
>>
>>9376177
Hey, look. It's some guy standing. MUST BE A JOJO REFERENCE!
>>
>>9376240
Good point. One could also compare it to the Zazous in occupied France, who wore excessively fancy clothing in spite of war rationing and listened to jazz to antagonize the fascist regime.
>>
>>9376859
There is another companion picture with labels on all of the guys of what anime character type they would be.
>>
>>9376859
Mainly because there's a LOT of delinquents in the photo, is a good example of the look at the time in high schools, and isn't getting into crazy shit like Yankis and Bosozokus.
>>
does anyone have a good pattern for those puffy pants they wear?
>>
File: pizza.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
How does one get a hand on this clothings anyone links?
>>
>>9376666
anyone know if this photo is from a film or is this well "legit"
>>
>>9375212
pleated maxi skirts are in fashion now so you could probably find one at uniqlo or asos...may not to be exactly the right material but it'd be a similar aesthetic...and then put the regular seifuku shirt on top?
>>
>>9376666
Is there any actual tutorial on how to do this hairstyle? All the pompadour tutorials I find are pretty tame in comparission of how exaggerated these guys make it look.
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: a0c3d0787f.jpg (19KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
a0c3d0787f.jpg
19KB, 400x295px
>>
>>
i-it's beautiful
>>
>>9377605
It's from a movie
>>
https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2124841280410253792

i'll stop spamming but this page has a bunch of pics of yanki and bosozoku. so much fried bleached hair.
>>
>>9375209
easier to move around quickly in I'd guess
plus, they make you look larger and thus domineering

this thread is giving me so much nostalgia feels from when me and my friends would watch Cromartie High and try to give each other duck butt hair
>>
>>9376873

>Standing
>Stand

Jojo reference confirmed
>>
>>9382006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1sRa3bS4QM

for tall style pompadour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZqBBnKsUe8

more tame but still good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WaqU2ThsTA&feature=youtu.be

traditional delinquent pompadour
>>
File: Byrne3_1.jpg (81KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Byrne3_1.jpg
81KB, 620x620px
>>9382023
>>
>>9376873
>not forcing jojo references into every single facet of life
baka what a pleb
>>
>>9375077
>>9382028
Kuwabara's hair and overall design makes so much sense now.
>>
>>9385796
You just realized now? Lmao. Yusuke's styled like a delinquent too by the way.
>>
>>9385799
YYH has some amazing fashion, >>9376666 is a cluster of Yusuke and Kuwabara hair. >>9385796
Good observation anon.
>>
>>9385799
I always thought his hair looked like some kind of baked good but it was drawn accurately to this style (which I had no idea about when I first watched YYH)
>>
>>9382272
That you so much, anon.
You can't imagine how happy this makes me.
>>
I live for this thread, thank you anon for creating it!

>>9375212
I agree with you anon. one day I will have a full sukeban outfit...
>>
>>9386670
It make me happy too to share this ! if you want to learn more you should check cameron A youtube channel, his review and tutorial are really nice .
>>
>>9376240

There's also the fact that aloha shirts were relatively expensive at the time due to all the dyes required to make them. It's pretty much like blowing all your money on rims/weave/bling while living in the hood.
>>
>>9387826
I will, anon, again thanks.
>>
>>9375212
Any rough idea what the clothes actually say? There's something I was thinking of embroidering on the back of a jacket in the yanki style but I want it to kinda sorta fit the vibe.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.