[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skincare thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

File: OLD3_097_9.jpg (40KB, 539x372px) Image search: [Google]
OLD3_097_9.jpg
40KB, 539x372px
Old thread is autosaging.

Basic Western Routine:
>Cleanser
>Toner
>Moisturizer

Starter Asian Routine:
>Oil Cleanser
>Foaming Cleanser
>Moisturizer
>Sunscreen

Some basic tips:
>Introduce Moisturizer first. As much as you want to introduce a cleanser to clean, a moisturizer helps control oil production
>introduce one product, two weeks at a time
>Unless starting BHA or AHA, you should not be getting new breakouts while introducing products
>YMMV always. Just because it worked for others, doesn't mean it will work for you.
>>
>>9374986
Basic skincare products are:

>Cleanser: Cetaphil, CeraVe
>Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
>Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cerave PM >Cetaphil moisturizer, Eucarin

Asian Beauty Starter Pack:
>Oil cleanser: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil, Banila Co Clean It Zero
>Second Cleanser: Hada Labo Foaming, Cerave Foaming, Tosowoong Powder Enzyme, CosRx Good Morning Gel
>Moisturizer: Cerave PM, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream, CosRx Honey Ceramide Full Moisture Cream, CosRx 92 Snail AIO
>Sunscreen: Biore Watery Essence, Shiseido Senka Anti-aging, Canmake Mermaid UV Gel, Biore Perfect Milk

As always, YMMV. Just because other people like it, doesn't mean that you would.
>>
File: 20170302_173045-1.jpg (322KB, 783x915px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_173045-1.jpg
322KB, 783x915px
I don't know what to do.
I have stubborn acne on my cheeks that isn't too severe but hasn't improved much with topical treatments, including prescription medication/retinoids, high strength benzoyl peroxide, diet changes, not wearing makeup anymore, washing my sheets frequently, Korean skincare, or antibiotics.
I want to go on Accutane but idk if my insurance will even cover it since my acne isn't severe (I'd call it moderate. This photo doesn't do it justice but my whole jaw, chin, and cheeks are breaking out)
My gynocologist suspects I have endometriosis and that's the cause of my stubborn acne. Birth control cleared up my skin a little but I honestly rather die than be on it again because it fucked with my hormones too much.
A main draw back of Accutane even if my insurance does cover is that I'd likely have to go on birth control again due to the birth defects it causes, even though I'm a lesbian and physically cannot be pregnant from sex and am not even sexually active anyways.
>>
>>9375477
I see a few options.
1) There are different types of birth control with different hormonal profiles, and it might be that (if you only tried one) you need a different kind to what they put you on.
1b) If you've tried multiple kinds and they're all bad, then go on Accutane and... don't take the pills.
2) If you have endometriosis, you'll need to go on hormonal medication to treat that anyway.

tl;dr tell your gyn that the birth control you used wasn't compatible with your body and ask for a pill with a different profile.
>>
I seem to be developing a wrinkle on my nose. As in, on the tip of my nose.

What's going on? Is this dryness causing my nose-pores to get a dot-to-dot effect in that area? Am I picking so much I've made a permanent fold? Or have I just been sleeping in a weird position, and it'll fade?
>>
>>9375477
Anon, I went on accutane for like 9 months and never went on birth control. One of your options is abstinance. Clear skin>sex imo. If your lesbian the. Ok, just mark down abstinance as your choice and you don't have to worry about the bc.
>>
>>9376055
Ugh Sorry for the hot mess post I'm on mobile. But yeah you're not obligated to take birth control on accutance if you just abstain from straight sex. If you're a lesbian then it's not like the derm is gonna ask you your sexuality. You just check off abstinance as your primary birth control each month when you take the stupid online quiz girls are required to do
>>
>>9376055
>>9376058
Yeah I can confirm the abstinance thing to get out of birth control. the online quiz thing sucks. so does accutane, for that matter.
>>
>>9366022

Salicylic acid, e.g. red box Stridex.
>>
I have a ridiculously deep mouthline on one side of my face. As in one my 60 year old mother made fun of me for because 'even she doesn't have wrinkles that deep.' I regularly use an AHA and other milder products but nothing really seems to do much for it. I was hopeful about trying retin-a but my friend is skeptical on it working because of where on my face it is. The cheap silicone filler I tried didn't work, and it's at the point where I was considering an actual filler but hundreds of dollars every 6 months is a little much. Any advice, gulls?
>>
>>9376532

What do you mean by mouthlines? Smile lines, marionette lines, corners, nasolabial folds, what?

Retinol is the only non-surgical treatment for wrinkles that we know can reverse them permanently, so definitely get on that. Do not expect miracles.

Permanent fillers work particularly well for nasolabial folds. Make sure you go to a legit place and get a qualified plastic surgeon, because they can often be done badly, and if they are, they can migrate under your skin and cause much worse damage.

There are people on /cgl/ who swear by dermastamping. Do your research and don't skimp by reusing needles. Use an anti-inflammatory serum.

The last thing you can try is a chemical peel like a TCA. This will only soften the wrinkle.

My other comment is that it's rude for your mother to make fun of your looks. I hope she was just teasing. If not, I'm sorry.
>>
Asked the makeup general but looks like this a more appropriate question here.

Does anyone have an opinion on Unicorn Essence (previously known as Unicorn Tears)? I've heard nothing but good things but $54 is a bit much for me. It doesn't have any SPF so it wouldn't replace my morning moisturizer and I have large pores so idk if it would replace my primer too. (Those are claims I have read but I don't know much about essence so idk if that's normal)
>>
>>9374986
>YMMV always. Just because it worked for others, doesn't mean it will work for you.
what is YMMV?
>>
>>9377333
>your mileage may vary
Just a short way to say that your results may differ from someone else's.
>>
I have some very stubborn redness and dryness on my cheeks right under my eyes. The rest of my skin is always pretty well behaved, but it seems like even in the dog days of summer when it's humid all the time, my cheeks are always dry and red. I use almond oil as a moisturizer on the rest of my body, and it even helped the dragon skin I get on my ankles and elbows, but my face... just isn't having any of it.
>>
File: 1463116217669.png (947KB, 1377x774px) Image search: [Google]
1463116217669.png
947KB, 1377x774px
So I'm moving to japan in T minus 10 days-

I got enough of my usual American products (make up removers, moisturizers, cleansers, that kind of thing) to last me two or three weeks once I get over there, but do folks have any good recommendations on japanese skin care products? Specifically make up removers, cleansers, face masks, and moisturizer.
>>
>>9377731
WHar products do you use in your face? What's your home regimen?
>>
File: who rolls wins.jpg (614KB, 1370x1156px) Image search: [Google]
who rolls wins.jpg
614KB, 1370x1156px
>>9374986
As a dude with mixed skin type, what should I do to remove freckles?
>>
>>9379568
Freckles can be removed? Learn something new every
day.
>>
>>9379568
Make up. Look for concealer and then foundation with coverage.
>>
>>9379417

Blah blah blah YMMV, and it depends on your skin type but Hada Labo products in general are pretty popular. I know DHC cleansing oil gets a lot of love too, and so does Kiku-Masamune lotion.
>>
I wanna try dermarolling but I feel really lost. Where do I even buy from that's reputable? What do I need to watch out for?
Like light therapy, it's something that's still mostly done by doctors so it's hard to get information on the consumer versions
>>
>>9380108
Do dermastamping or a dermapen instead - no 'track marks', less risk of needles bending. Sanitise, sanitise, sanitise. Use an anti-inflammatory serum such as niacinimide. Let your skin heal fully in between, and for the love of Satan don't do it every day. Owndoc has a lot of good information on this.
>>
File: DSCN4885.jpg (110KB, 775x229px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4885.jpg
110KB, 775x229px
I think it's genetic and there's nothing to do but fuck, I hate my eyes.
I'm drinking 2l of water everyday,getting enough sleep,have a good diet,sleep on my back as much as i can,take care of my skin every day...but those bags won't go away and they're not even symmetrical.
I'm only 20 and that shit makes me look like some old tired crack addict and people pointing it out ruins my day every time. I just want to be kawaii.
Without makeup or at certain angles I also have dark circles. I'm considering getting surgery to finally have perfectly smooth undereyes.
Some people tell me it's "endearing" but it's ugly as shit
>>
>>9379417
I like Japanese skincare items more than Korean actually. Check out the Cosme awards and go crazy
>>
File: 9366495804_7c57594089_z.jpg (137KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
9366495804_7c57594089_z.jpg
137KB, 640x460px
>>9380122
This isn't going to change your opinion about yourself, but I think your eyes are really pretty, and the first thing I notice about them is that they're large and a lovely blue colour. The eye folds are genetic and don't have anything to do with age, so it's only surgery that's going to be able to change them. (I recommend EGF on undereyes to thicken the skin there and hide dark circles - this will make the folded skin more 'puffy' in your case)

Without sounding facetious, real beauty is often about having a striking feature rather than regressing everything to a bland average. Highlight the shit out of them and try rocking them as aegyo sal for a while. See how it feels. You can always get surgery later.
>>
>>9380208
Aw geez, thank you.
A lot of people like my eyes nowadays but i got bullied quite a lot before because of these eyefolds and they make me look awful in lots of pics so i'm pretty self conscious about them. Thank you for your response, it was pretty interesting! I will try EGF if I really feel like it in the future.
>>
>>9379591

Depends on the freckles. It does take an insane amount of devotion to it either way though.

>>9379568

What kind of freckles? Just a couple across your cheeks and nose or do you have like ginger all over freckles?

In any case, it's going to take months and months of consistent skin care, and then wearing suncreen every time you see the sun forever- outdoors or indoors, even if it's just by a window, you need to be wearing a proper amount of strong enough suncreen or those freckles won't budge, and they'll come right back if you stop wearing sunscreen after they're gone.

Can you commit to that?
>>
>>9380122
Sorry to go Koreaboo here, but you have aegyo sal. It's considered a sign of beauty and women will use makeup to mimic it.
>>
What is a good exfoliater you would recommend? When I put on makeup it just dries up my face and makes it look flaky and gross.
>>
Can anything reduce big pores? They run in my family and it looks really bad even with makeup.
I'm kinda desperate.
>>
>>9380122
Anon, your eyes are really pretty.
Mine are plain with nothing under, and I often try to put eyeshadow down, like other anons mentioned, to get that look. Otherwise my face is really plain. You are lucky.
>>
>>9383930
Nothing can really change the size of you pores BUT you can make them smaller by keeping them hydrated. Fifty Shades of Snail has this routine to get grits but be careful
>>
>>9379568
Stop posting your picture faggot, someone gave you advice last thread and you just ignored it
>>
Do y'all still like konjac sponges? I saw some at daiso today and thought of this thread
>>
Can anyone recommend a Korean makeup/beauty store?

Usually I go through reputable sellers on eBay but I want to see if I'd get a better deal from a website. Unfortunately when I googled, the first one that seemed really good was a rebranded scam shop so I'd sooner just go with gull suggestions.
>>
File: bangbang.gif (2MB, 245x203px) Image search: [Google]
bangbang.gif
2MB, 245x203px
>>9384515
memebox is good if you dont want to wait for shipping
>>
File: rat queen.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
rat queen.gif
2MB, 245x245px
yall got any recommendations for nonprescription retin a? i was looking at green cream but alcohol in skincare puts me off.
>>
File: tumblr_n3v2f1HJNB1tpqw4vo1_250.gif (1MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3v2f1HJNB1tpqw4vo1_250.gif
1MB, 245x245px
>>9381698
it sounds like you're dehydrated
exfolikate is a good one that doesnt overdry
>>
>>9385289
Thanks, anon! I don't mind waiting for shipping though. I'm used to about a two week wait for my eBay sellers.
>>
>>9384515
Jolse is well-known, decent prices and they throw in an ASSTON of samples. I'm drowning in samples from them. Testerkorea is also good, though you have to pay shipping, but they have more brand variety.
>>
>>9385290
It's pretty easy to get a prescription for one anon
>>
>>9384515
Top three are Jolse, Testerkorea and RoseRoseShop. Amazon is pretty legit and memebox can be good but their customer service is a little dicey.

>>9384487
Really good for people with dry and sensitive skin
>>
>>9385368
>>9385395
I'm all about them free samples. I signed up for Jolse to try it out, thanks anons!
>>
Can I get some experiences of purging with an AHA? I recently started using the Pixi Glow Tonic (which has a pH too high to act as a real AHA), but I noticed that some of my usual-acne areas are getting angry-looking. Wondering how long it'll last, what to expect, etc.

>also I'm a forgetful dumbass and started this a week before a con
>>
Are there any sites that will ship you a bunch of samples of good stuff on the cheap?

I started using (and enjoying) the standard moisturizer + cleanser recommendations but I'm not sure where I should go from here, and whether I should start transitioning to asian products.
>>
>>9388721
Testerkorea and RoseRoseShop sell samples. Also, eBay can be good, just make sure that you look at the reviews of the seller first to make sure that you're not getting something fake
>>
>stress makes you break out
>finals week, barely sleeping
>skin is the clearest it's been in forever
>>
Has anyone tried the Glossier Milky Cleanser? I'm trying to find more cleansing gels but it's hard trying to find one without parabens
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78KB, 282x300px
Do dermarollers really work? If yes, where's the best place to get one?
>>
>>9392095
Are those the rollers with the little needles? Better be careful, they were talking about budget ones on a morning show and how there's increased risk for infections from bacteria being put into the skin.
>>
>>9392087
I have it, and I love it, but it's not a gel cleanser. It feels like a cream, and doesn't get bubbly at all. If you need the strength of a gel, have you tried Cosrx Low Ph Good Morning Gel Cleanser?
>>
Any recommendations on getting rid of dark circles under the eyes?
>>
>>9384515
Ulta and Sephora have a few Korean brands
>>
>>9392374
I have a decant of it but most of my cosrx experiences have been bad. I was going to try it as a last resort and I'm just getting bored of my innisfree anti-trouble gel.

Thank you though. I will still be willing to try it
>>
>>9392410
>good moisturisation (using serums if necessary)
>Haloxyl
>Human oligopeptide-1/EGF
>retinol (somewhat)
>>
Does Cosrx still carry the BHA power liquid? I see the wishtrend still carries it but cosrx doesn't list it on their site and when I look up the product on duty-free stores and aland's site it's not there.
>>
>>9375477
Hormones aside I would recommend 3 things.

Cleaning make-up off your face with homemade Cold Cream. Also apply a thin layer to your face as a primer before adding any makeup, and blot any greasy excess. Use powder but no liquid foundation. I know that the texture is initially really off-putting and will make you think that you are making it worse, but once you adjust your skin will really improve. Try to avoid harsh minerals in your recipe.

Secondly always wash your face gently with either a pure lard soap with thyme or rosemary or if you can't find that Kirk's Castille is great and pretty easy to find. Lard soap smells bad and feels greasy, but once again it works wonder just make sure to rinse it out thoroughly.

Never use anything too abrasive on your face. A soft washcloth or even your hands with some vigor is better for circulation than something harsh.

3rd use a natural vinegar-based toner/astringent with no alcohol and use it as a final step. It SHOULD burn and even turn your face red at first. Also it stinks to high-heaven but wears off quickly. Burning means its working on something that shouldn't be there like hard water minerals and other bad things, and as you use it will burn less and less and will shrink your pores. Make sure not to neglect the problem areas like your nose.

Also it should be obvious to not touch your face a lot or pick/burst blemishes and acne. That just causes pits and scaring and more acne. Keeping hair out of your face during sleep and changing your pillowcase everyday helps a great deal. Don't wear a lot of make-up everyday, give your face time to breath at least few times a week.
>>
How long should I wait for a cystic pimple to go away before I head to a dermatologist and get a cortisone shot? I waited 3 months, not picking or anything for one to go down on my cheek and it ended up leaving a terrible scar. Now I've got a similar one on my chin and it's been about 3 weeks. Really don't want another horrible scar, especially on my chin.
>>
>>9393866
Also I should mention you really don't need a ton of fuss for your face. Women have managed good complexions with worse diets historically for thousands of years without the aid of a cocktail of modern chemicals and creams.

If you have chapping/dryness/creases forming a tiny dab of cold cream goes a long way, including for lips. Less is more as far as fussing with yourself goes.
>>
>>9387399
Hey anon-- I tried using the Pixi Glow Tonic as well, not as an AHA, but as a nice mist to help keep my skin plump and hydrated. Unfortunately, I had to throw it out because it broke my skin out so badly. I think it was all the oils in it that didn't work out for me.

Just make sure that the ingredients aren't irritating to your skin! Because it may not be purging.

(I've had purging from a BHA before, it wasn't the same sort of breakouts.)
>>
>>9392095
>>9392348
I got a derma-roller from amazon. I know it's probably not the safest place to get one-- but as I'm just trying it out, I wasn't going to splurge on one of the more expensive ones.

I am currently using it for scarring. I have taken before pictures and in about 2 months, I will have some during/after pictures to work with. If anyone is interested, I can post them here?

>>9393867
I'm sorry you have to deal with cystic acne. If it's really worrying you, I'd say just go ahead and make an appointment with the derm. They may be able to help you sort out any problems with future cystic acne. While that is happening, if it's a particularly painful cyst, I would suggest putting some ibuprofen paste on it to reduce swelling and inflammation. (Dye free ibuprofen pills crushed up with a tiny bit of water to make a paste. Apply it to your pimple, leave it on for a few hours before washing off.)
>>
>>9393878
I'm really interested in the derma roller progress pictures
>>
Always hear about how you need to always wear sunscreen even in winter but...then how do you get proper vitamin D?
>>
>>9394096

Supplements. I get next to no sun exposure and my vitamin D levels always come back great. Make sure you take them with some kind of fat containing food though, because Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin.
>>
I went to the Fresh store in LA yesterday and I was so sad since I wanted to buy everything but couldn't afford much. One day when I'm rich I'll buy it all...
>>9394342
didnt' know that but thanks for the info!
>>
File: 20170315_190035.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170315_190035.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>9394367
Dangit forgot the pic. It was so gorgeous
>>
>>9384409
You sure showed them anon.
>>
>>9394096

Oral supplements. Vitamin D is one of the few supplements that orally taken has moderate evidence for being as good as or better than the 'natural' way of taking it (ie sun). 400u-1000u a day is sufficient and can be found at any drug or chain supermarket store.
>>
>>9394460
no1curr

Any suggestions for an eye cream for someone with very sensitive eyes?
>>
>>9393874
Thanks for sharing anon, I'll keep the stuff about oils and potential future breakouts in mind!
Update a week in for anyone who's curious about pixi: Acne levels staying about the same, but nothing out-of-the-ordinary bad yet (I'm hoping they'll decrease or level off with continued use). My skin feels a lot softer and the fine forehead and nasolabial lines have disappeared, but that's because my last toner had alcohol in it. I feel like I look more ..."glowy," but that could be a combination of placebo and no longer drying my skin out with alcohol toner.

>>9394371
That store looks like it smells so good. What's the liquid in the clear dispensers mounted on the wall?
>>
>>9394371
>live in rural town
>thought Bath & Body Works was classy
>see this

I've been living a heavily perfumed lie.
>>
>>9394981
fucking lol
>>
>>9394605
It was their flagship perfumes that they decanted into vials for customers but they found that the angle of the windows in relation to the sun was damaging the perfume so it's discolored and they don't sell from those things anymore.
>>9394981
god I know I was so blown away
>>
I've just noticed the beginnings of fine lines around my eyes (I'm 24)

If I wear sunscreen constantly and keep a really good skincare regime can I reverse some of the damage?
>>
>>9394602
>Any suggestions for an eye cream for someone with very sensitive eyes?
Go full on Event Horizon mode.
>>
Okay so I went to the doctor a few days ago and he told me that I was vitamin D deficient. He wants me to get more sunshine because I am, "As pale as a ghost!" Well I'm super afraid of aging prematurely, and I was wondering what you gulls think I should do?
>>
>>9395626
see
>>9394342
>>
>>9395676
Omg, duh. Sorry about my laziness. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>9395626
Older people are weird about sunshine being good for you - I recently had an awkward conversation with an elderly acquaintance who insisted sunscreen was 'just nonsense' and that sunshine could cure my friend's very chemical depression. Let's just say I have no reason to believe that she knows how to prevent face wrinkles.
>>
Help, gulls!
I'm trying to sign up for Jolse, been wanting to get into korean skincare for a while. But what is address line 2 (pic related)? Is this an american thing? I've filled in my name in the name box. And my streetname and number is in address line 1. Zip code in zip code. City in city (you get it by now...)

What am I supposed to write in this field? Is it referring to the lines when you write out an address on an envelope/package? for example:

>name (address line 1)
>street name + numbet (line2)
>etc..

Sorry if it is a bit confusing, english is my second language. Would really appriciate any help.
>>
>>9397547
if you have an apartment number or something along those lines, it goes in address line 2. so it would go

name
address line 1 (street name and number)
address line 2 (apartment number, optional)
city state zip
country
>>
>>9397594
The thing is, the field is not optional. I live in an apartment, but we don't have specific numers for specific apartment (I don't think?), only the number for the house. Should I just put the house number in there?
>>
>>9397597
I just put a space " " there since I don't have an apt number either
>>
>>9393866
not the anon ur replying to but i'm curious if u have any recommendations for the vinegar based toner :o
>>
>>9397895
Welcome to 4chan, and /cgl/! Please at least try to make an effort to type coherently and try to refrain from emoticons, to facilitate ease of communication. Enjoy your stay!
>>
>>9384515
If you have a Nordstrom around you, some of them have a K-beauty pop up shop event around you. Pretty sure you can buy them from the website as well. Free shipping and free returns since it's Nordstrom.
>>
>>9397597
I just put 'none' and then deleted it on my shipping address when I made an order.

>>9398005
I didn't know this! We have one in the city.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.