[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 35

File: tmp_15622-pop(3)2045161264.jpg (490KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15622-pop(3)2045161264.jpg
490KB, 595x842px
AP, it's time to take a break.
>>
I like it.
I like the OP more but unfortunately I have a large bust.
>>
I want to rub my period blood all over the OP.

It's really shit, AP. It's like some newbie indie designer made this. It's not amateur hour in the makeup room.
>>
File: londonjsk.png (684KB, 495x713px) Image search: [Google]
londonjsk.png
684KB, 495x713px
Anyone have any knowledge on the indie Heaven's Atrium? Their past items on their site are blegh, their Facebook nice enough until I saw the awful moddeling, but I'm seriously digging their new JSK. But are they an alright indie?
>>
>>9373205
i think the jsk in ivory looks great.
>>
>>9373205
I actually like this a decent amount for it being new AP
>>
>>9373205
I like this, but I don't know. Does anyone else feel like every AP release the past two years has had something "off" about it?

The print is okay, for example, but the medium brown, mint, and pink ruffles on the OP is just too much. The JSK looks amateur and taobao as well.

Also no skirt or JSK II? I hope this isn't a new thing.
>>
File: scp_bg.jpg (695KB, 900x1647px) Image search: [Google]
scp_bg.jpg
695KB, 900x1647px
>>9373317
I think the details in the print are just not as good as before and cheapens the whole look. There is no "depth" to the graphics.

Kind of disappointed that there is no skirt since it would really highlight the print, but I like the OP cut.
>>
>>9373343
at least there's no crucifix in this one lol
>>
>>9373244
Did you take a closer look on the serged-only hem?
>>
>>9373205
The JSK is cute, the scalloping reminds me of milky planet and the print reminds me of petit patisserie

I don't see this being too popular so I'll wait for a sale or something...might try to get the tights though.
>>
>>9373205
I really like this, especially how the scalloped motif of the print is repeated in the hem, bodice, and straps
>>
>>9373234
2edgy4urdik
>>
Where can I buy some lolita-esque PJs and roomwear?(not taobao or aliexpress thanks)
>>
>>9373205
i like the tights, might buy them for my other chocolate pieces. I want to like this print but sadly can't.
>>
>>9373435
Has any of AP's dresses had a real crucifix? I know JetJ has at least one, but I haven't been paying such close attention to AP.
(FYI cross =/= crucifix, it needs to have a dying Jesus on it to be considered that)
>>
>>9373595
I dont believe they do but one prominently features Mary which really bummed me out since I like the print and cross motifs but that is too Christian for me.
>>
>>9373586
maybe commission someone? I am planning on adding some to my shop though, but that's quite far in the future
>>
How do you gulls wash your white blouses to make sure that you don't end up with armpit sweat stains on them? Is there any way to get them out? I swear all my short sleeved blouses that I wear during the hot months always end up with these stains on them eventually and I just got a nice Meta blouse that I really want to keep nice.
>>
>>9373640
switch deodorant? there are some types that cause the stains, there are some brands that have specific deodorants for white fabrics
>>
>>9373640
Generally, its your antiperspirant that leaves those stains. If you can, try to use a deodorant or find an antiperspirant that doesn't contain aluminum.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 215x234px
>>9373640
Or consider dress shields.
>>
File: j203.jpg (36KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
j203.jpg
36KB, 500x733px
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a lolita panel for an upcoming convention. I found this pic on google images, and I've been trying on and off for about forty minutes trying to reverse image search it but it seems like an older, popular image that's been reposted thousands of times. When I use google reverse search, I get tons of pinterest links. I did try to set the search results to only show a certain time period and the earliest link I can find with the pic is some hungarian jfashion website?? But it doesn't seem like the original artist?

Does anyone know where/who this came from so I can be a good person and credit it in the slideshow?
>>
I have a lot of dresses I want to sell. What is the best way to go about doing this? People never want to buy my stuff on lacemarket even though I price it quite fairly.
>>
>>9373987
As far as I'm aware, it's from a website that used to be around called lolitafashion.org, or at least that's where I saw it for the first time about six or seven years ago. Again, that's the oldest memory I have of it, but I don't know if the site owner is the artist.
>>
>>9374000
Does your comm hold swap meets? If not, try hosting one! It means you have to haul your stuff to a meetup but you also don't have to sort out shipping or anything like that.
Otherwise try FB sales groups. I know some people are afraid of FB but as long as you pay through paypal and check feedback before selling you should be fine.
OTHERWISE try posting them in the BST here. You never know who might bite. I know I've been lazy about checking LM for a good while so maybe someone will bite?
>>
>>9373987
If you want to use this, you should alter it a bit. Or better, make your own if you can't contact the person who made it. The dress is very short, and kneehigh socks are fine too (at least if the dress wasn't so short)
>>
>>9374000
Cross post on egl comm sales, b/t/s thread and Facebook. Lower the price if it doesn't sell for over a month. (unless it's something that may sell much better in a different season)
>>
>>9373729
or pantyliners which are cheaper
>>
>>9374013
newfag
>>
>>9373343
>creamy cream
>>
>>9374064
This is too overused. Why is cgl so slow with coming up with new replies?
>>
>>9373437
Oh yuck
>>
>>9374027
Or a reuseable shielded blouse. Even cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>9373205
I think the headdress is adorable but it seems too fancy for the JSK. The scalloping is cute. Print is meh.
>>
>>9373586
Truly Darling is beginning to make some I think
>>
>>9374155
Most of /cgl/ comes from tumblr and have never been on another board in their life.
>>
>>9374196
This actually explains a lot
>>
>>9374013
there is nothing wrong with the length of the dress, get educated before you go trying to teach others
>>
Has anyone found a pair of boots similar to the Alice and the Pirates short boots? I really love the style and if I have to drop the money I will, but something about it not being real leather makes me worry it'll crack over time. Anyone seen something similar?
>>
File: 391424122.jpg (201KB, 1000x655px) Image search: [Google]
391424122.jpg
201KB, 1000x655px
Anyone ever bought from cottoncandyfeet.com?
The only reviews I can find are for their hologram ones which I am not interested in. Any suggestions for size 10 American feet appreciated too.
>>
>>9373640
before I switched to hippie deodorants, I used to mix baking soda in boiling hot water and treat the armpits with it. When the mixture dried, I'd toss it in the wash with my other delicates and add some white vinegar to the cycle.
vinegar and baking soda work like a charm!!
>>
>>9374379
I have not bought from them but I love that they tell you how to measure your feet on their site and how to order.
>>
File: 1472780337182.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1472780337182.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
Does anyone else miss the days when lolitas were weeaboos instead of SJWs?
>>
>>9373987
I believe it was from the Lolita handbook on lifejournal? not sure if it's still alive, but that's the first place I saw this image a lot of years back
>>
>>9374571
I wasn't into lolita at those times but sure would help me right now to not feel so isolated. I like to think that chuuni anime girls are my inspiration but I really don't bring it out 'cause I would be called ita regardless of what I'm wearing.
>>
How cringy is it in actuality to draw lolita crossover things? I'm talking fandom x lolita, other alternative fashion x lolita, furry x lolita, that sort of thing. I think we can all agree that this type of bullshit should never be done in real life as a coord, but how terrible is it if you just draw art of it, and never try to shove it in other lolita's faces directly?

>want to branch out and draw this stuff for fun.
>never plan to actually wear what is drawn
>Terrified people will care too much, find out who I actually am (via art style or somehow recognize an oc) and think I'm scum.
>>
>>9374571
Wait some time. Being SJW is no longer fashionable. Now comes being edgy at all times
>>
>>9374027
Pantyliners don't work well. Is notnice to drop pantyliners as you walk because they don't stick well.
>>
>>9374760
Just draw it? If someone's gonna think you're scum over something that insignificant they would probably think so regardless of what you draw.

Also who gives a shit it's your art and it doesn't sound like you're trying to sell it, do what you want and be happy.
>>
>>9373205
This is first print I've semi-liked in years, but not enough to shell out the cash for it when it goes on sale.
>>
>>9374301
Maybe because her legs are absurdly long but it looks off to me too.
>>
How long do I wait before I email asking my SS about a shipping invoice? They've had my items for like a week now but still haven't packed and weighed them, apparently.
>>
>>9374844
Are you using Japonica? They have a notice on their site saying that they've had many orders this month and will take a while to sort them out. I'd wait a little bit longer if I were you.
>>
File: 17_3_2_H56_1.jpg (24KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
17_3_2_H56_1.jpg
24KB, 426x640px
Really Closet Child? Whoever took this photo needs to be fired. Same with the person who actually uploaded it
>>
>>9374930
I was just looking at their new stock. Many pictures are tilted sideways as well, it's so strange.
>>
>>9374935
Yeah and why are they updating twice a day now? Are they really needing money or something? The updates are always an unsorted mess at the moment
>>
File: ap_op_carnival_color2_0.jpg (18KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
ap_op_carnival_color2_0.jpg
18KB, 250x333px
I'm so excited! I just got the confirmation from my SS that Carnival OP and matching accessories were ordered for me!
>>
>>9374950
Congratulations, anon!!
>>
>>9374760

I've done a few, nobody really cares. Not that I post them to lolita comms, and there's too many weebs out there doing lolita crossovers anyhow.

Truthfully speaking, the same things that bother you about itas will still bother you when you're designing lolita crossovers, if you don't have terrible taste to begin with you'll probably end up with a pretty decent coord on your crossovers anyway, so there's not a lot to worry about.

The furry thing, though. You might want to explain they're more like mascots, like Usakumya's fur friends, rather than outright say they're furries, especially if you're going to post your art someplace where other lolitas can see them.
>>
http://www.dollskill.com/melonhopper-first-impressions-dress.html
is this not the material little dipper did for their cloud dresses?
>>
>>9374950
Less exciting but same with me for the Holy Lantern rerelease in navy. I'm just getting the zipper jsk since I'm pretty neutral on HL's accessories.
>>
>>9375039
Congrats anon! If I hadn't had to spend the rest of my tax return on bills and moving expenses I would of loved to get the Navy or black zipper jsk as well!
>>
>>9374983
I thought Dollskill was a reseller?
>>
>>9374939
Seriously. My CC emails just pile up now. There isn't even much of an update when I check. Maybe they just hired some new people?
>>
>>9374939
i think it has to be a new person. there are also more hanger shots than i remember, as if the noob wants to save time by not wrangling with the mannequin.
>>
>>9375041
>would of
*would've
>>
>>9375465
they are
>>
>>9374939
Wunderwelt updates almost once a day, and I think some of the other secondhand sellers do as well. Has CC been losing some market share to them and to mercari/fril, I wonder? Hence the need to update a bit more aggressively?

Or maybe they've just got less room for stuff or more people are selling stuff back?
>>
>>9374571
I do too. It's made me so isolated. At least when edgy was in fashion, I could laugh at them with others behind their backs. If I do that to an SJW, I'm looked down upon like I'm not progressive or something.

How do you gulls deal with those annoying SJW types?
>>
>>9375503
And yet I don't get a million emails from WW yet CC is basically ccing itself haha....

(email jokes are terrible)

Also it must be fucking impossible to compete with mercari. That place is bloodbath central.
>>
AP are just playing it far too safe with their regular stuff and it's all so samey. Pls make something exciting fml
>>
>>9373343
It's just so boring as well when you look at the beautiful prints that some indie brands are releasing
>>
H&M Canada is selling a blouse for $149. Will be less expensive for Americans. http://m2.hm.com/m/en_ca/productpage.0481211001.html#Natural%20white
>>
I wasn't around here during last Halloween, what came around that season? All I remember is the Royal Princess Alice nurse-like dress.
>>
>>9374939
The updates kinda suck now. I used to set an alarm and not miss a single one and got some amazing deals that way, but ever since they started re-organizing their updates it's really gone downhill so I don't bother anymore. For a couple months they posted really great stuff, now it's just garbage that's too much to keep up with.

They're clearly trying something new to make more sales, but I wonder if it's because they're overwhelmed with shit and need to make space or if they're taking a financial hit.
>>
>>9375636
Interesting but looks like a mess in black.
>>
>>9375636
Is H&M studio that much less shitty than H&M? I always found H&M clothes shit quality at mediocre prices
>>
>>9375738
I tried this on in person for shits and giggles today. It's way overpriced, the quality is low end Taobao-tier at best.
>>
>>9375636
That looks like such a mess, the collar is weird shape (Its round but kind of pointed) the lace looks cheap and the sleeves are just out of place. Even for normie wear its uggo
>>
>>9374000
Anons 1 and 2 had great ideals. Swap meets are usually good and might be a good first port of call if it's feasible for you to do. Then crosspost whatever didn't sell there.
>>
>>9375636
lmao looks like a bodyline blouse desu
>>
>>9375507
Honestly as a person whose politics lean quite far left, I call them out when they're being cunts. They don't just get to play pin the tail on the conservative at a meet. That's not an appropriate time or place. Nor do they get to bully someone who may not have had the same education about or exposure to certain issues because they put their foot in their mouth. Like, keep your temper under control ffs.

There's a huge difference between caring about an issue and standing up for minorities, and outright bullying. And I've seen a lot of outright bullying. Call them a bully. They won't be able to defend themselves.

I used to run a lot of discussions and events on my campus fot issues such as conservation, sustainability, equality, etc.

The new crowd that's come in recently cares more about playing "who is the most progressive" than getting anything useful done, and it's resulted in a lot of first year members with potential quitting outright.

Sure, you don't have to be nice. Nobody can force you. But at the same time, you are turning away people who might be willing to help your cause if being in your presence wasn't so hellish.

Huge source of frustration for me u.u

/endrant
>>
>>9374379
They look so uncomfortable, I'd love to hear a real review from someone who's not a friend of the maker
>>
>>9375803
Man, this post hits the nail on the head. I have very left politics as well and everything you said is spot-on; people want to be patted on the back for who can be most "woke" and not realize all the alienating and downright malicious shit they're doing in the meantime.

In my experience, the ones who have half a brain in their head really do grow out of the SJW phase. They get to a point where they finally admit that they're wrong sometimes and start to learn instead of yell louder when they don't understand something.

Call them out, repeatedly tell them what's wrong about what they do. They'll hate it and will probably hate you, but if they're a good person then there's a chance they won't hate you and will respect you and a chance that maybe they'll come back and say sorry for how the reacted.
>>
When is it ok to give a neutral or negative rating to someone on LM?
>>
>>9375932
When shit doesn't go as planned. Why don't you just tell your situation and we can tell you if it warrants something other then positive feedback
>>
Does anyone know the name of this dress? I found it on google by searching "baby the stars shine bright tartan" but that obviously brings up a lot of results.
>>
maybe this is a weird question, but what have your experiences been with lolita celebs IRL? i mean like maki & asuka, misako, yumi, mana-sama, etc. even models like risa or rinrin
>>
>>9375955
does the back has a bustle? it may be a shirring princess piece. have you checked lolibrary?
>>
>>9375967
I have met Risa, Misako and RinRin. Risa didnt speak or interact with guests a lot because I dont think she knows English well. Misako and RinRin were polite and very kind.
>>
>>9375565
what would something exciting be?
>>
>>9375955
https://www.wunderwelt.jp/en/products/w-18722

I cbf looking for the name, but if you want it m8
Hope you get it, nice and cheap
>>
>>9376085
that's a whole different design, anon
>>
>>9376085
Original Tartan Ribbon Check JSK
>>
Still new to this. It's been three days since I bought something on lacemarket and the seller hasn't responded with an invoice and I have messaged them. They have good reviews as do I on what few buys I have done. No special terms in the desc. What do I do?
>>
>>9376122
Wait 5 and then if they haven't contacted you, withdraw from the sale if you want.

If you really want the item and it's not needed by a certain date, give it some time. We don't get notifications when our items sell in any very noticeable way. Assuming the person has good feedback (and isn't like a few notorious sellers who have many "positives" that are, when read, negative in truth), they may just be busy :3

Good luck, newbiechan.
>>
>>9375483
Well I just got another email, and as far as I can tell they didn't even update today? So why send an email? Who knows what is happening.
>>
>>9375636
I saw this on the model and was kind of intrigued, but it's too tacky/off-looking for lolita at that price and doesn't really mesh with even Victoriana normie wear.
>>
>>9375851
Obviously every comm is different, but I don't really have a problem with SJWs. As long as you don't put your foot in your mouth and say something blatantly offensive (unlikely if you've already got left-leaning politics and/or any ability to read the room and apply common sense before speaking), you can pretty much get away with just ignoring them and not getting involved.
>>
Where can I get a decent and relatively cheap underskirt? Looking for decent taobao shops or anything better quality than random ebay.
I need pink
>>
File: IMG_0644.png (986KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0644.png
986KB, 750x1334px
>>9373205
Haenuli tries damage control...
>>
>>9376201
The high markup on their accessories makes zero sense. Things like that cross necklace were not "assembled". I'd be fine with some slight markup if there was really something unique to them or they had them manufactured, but they're just admitting they snag them wholesale and put brand prices on them.
>>
>>9376199
Little Dipper should have some, not sure if they come in pink but it's worth a look.
>>
Hey gulls, was there ever a replica of JetJ's Le Cadre Du Chat? Found an untagged one, but haven't seen it in person. Only label within is S and that makes me think suss af.
>>
>>9376216
AFAIK there was one of the rabbit version but not of the cat version.
>>
>>9376172
The people I'm speaking of don't necessarily flip out over blatantly offensive shit. And even when it is blatantly offensive, their reactions are wholly disproportionate and inappropriate in a setting where they cannot expect attendees to have the same level of education and understanding as they do (if they do).

Anger has its place in public discourse. Few champions of human and civil rights movements in the past would have succeeded without it, and it remains relevant in the present. But going on a lengthy rant at an individual who legitimately had no idea what they said was offensive and would possibly be open to learning or apologizing if they could get a word in, and then jumping down their throat every time they open their mouth thereafter is not appropriate behavior at a newcomers meetup, a bake sale, maket stall or other public event. And that's within the setting of a political club. Nevermind a lolita teaparty. Some, though not all, are just too determined to be a "hero" and will jump on any opportunity to beat someone down from their soapbox. For these people, you need to call them out on their shit in the hope they'll eventually realize they are doing nobody any favors.

Speaking from experience.
>>
>>9376222
tyvm anon.

Any idea why it might be labelled with an S instead of 1, 2, etc?
>>
>>9376225
No idea but I do suggest caution, for all we know there may have been a replica of the cat version after all. Not very helpful, sorry!
>>
File: IMG_2273.jpg (111KB, 1242x1926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
111KB, 1242x1926px
Could anyone help an anon out? I ordered something from AP's website through my shopping service and now it says this? (In the gray.) What does this say/mean?

I ordered it two weeks ago and it hasn't been shipped.
>>
>>9376291
Not sure but it might be this "We need to get if from a specific store first" thing where it's not sold out, but not part of the online stock either.
>>
>>9376291
It means that there is stock in one or more of the physical stores and they have to get your item from there before they can ship it. No idea why it's taking so long for you though.
>>
>>9376201
haha second time she's been caught reselling things and claiming them as her own. what a cunt
>>
Where can I get a good-quality medium-sized flower crown in white, cream or pale pink? Ciciworks used to do good ones but she's moved to the sweetdreamer Taobao store and no longer has them on there. Rococo Soul and Sweetheart Square always had cheaper-looking stuff but now also have nothing. Ones from Western stores seem to be only really cheap-looking, or huge. Is there somewhere on Taobao I should be looking? Or is the trend just too passe to find one?
>>
>>9376081
Dreamy planetarium was exciting. Some of the older styles that played about more with construction like macaron tartan rider were exciting. Horror garden was exciting. All their nice velvet stuff was exciting. I feel all we're getting now is the same chiffon shit in different colours. Idk I just want something that isn't cake bollocks in different creams and muted pinks.
>>
>>9376390
Paradise Rose on etsy, $15
>>
>>9376390
I know you're looking to buy, but you also might consider making your own if you can't find what you want. They're really easy to do.
>>
Ha, haenuli addressing her wholesale accessories issues
>>
>>9376201
I don't even care about haenuli but this doesn't feel like a big deal? I think her English is bad so her initial posts came off confusing but now it just seems like she's trying to clarify rather than backpedal...
>>
>>9376130
An email is not noticeable? Who doesn't get email notifications on their phone these days?
>>
>>9376440
Maybe it's Lacemarket messing up and not sending the seller an email saying the item sold? If it was an item with several days left to bid maybe they're not expecting anything in their email?
>>
>>9376201
i want a dress with those little doodles as a border print. that business chicken is so cute

also i can't really pass a judgement because nunu doesn't into english and if what her drawing says is true then i guess it's ok. like another anon said the markup is pretty crazy but it's hard to get a grasp on this situation with the language barrier
>>
>>9376436
>>9376435
Yeah, desu this method is pretty standard for most designer lines, unless you are explicitly couture.

There's no point in making an accessory line yourself if you can wholesale matching items for a tenth of the price and pass the savings down to customers.
>>
>>9376447
I'm pretty sure they fixed that issue a long time ago anon. And you don't have to be expecting an email to get a notification for it.
>>
>>9376453
Well idk then
>>
>>9376436
Have you read her original post? Her English is not that bad that she doesn't know the difference between making and buying. That should be two words she's most familiar with considering her business, and it’s some of the words we learn first.
>>
>>9376432
With the area I live in it's hard to find supplies, and I have nowhere to store a gluegun even if it was worth paying for one for one or two accessories. I'd love to get one when I move to a bigger place though.

>>9376415
I checked it out but the roses don't look much better than what I'm seeing on eBay, and I'm a Europoor so I'd have to pay to ship it across the Atlantic. I'll keep it in mind if I get desperate though.
>>
>this dress.
>>
>>9376477
Yeah I read it. Her English isn't good, anon. I don't think she's able to express everything she intends because she's not a native speaker. This is especially difficult because she partly buys items for supplies, and partly buys items wholesale. This is going to be harder to explain, it's not as simple as her typing something like "me buy item you buy item more money"
>>
>>9376491
Yeah they aren't super fancy; I think they may be sending stuff to one of the European events if you are going.

Sweet Mildred has nicer things, but is more expensive.

Try the Taobao sourcing thread? Maybe they will have some recommendations.
>>
>>9376390
There's a shop on Etsy called FloralLuxury located in Ukraine. I don't see anything there right now that fits your needs exactly but she/they take custom orders. I have a rose hair pin from them and it's gorgeous.
>>
>>9376503
You seriously think she didn't know the difference between "We bought this" and "We made this"? I'm a non-native speaker too. If she doesn't know something so basic I don't believe she wrote her other posts. Besides what was her point of making the post friends only after someone asked about it and why did she suggest she bought the charms separately and put them together?
>>
>>9376525
Look, I like a good ole fashioned witch hunt as much as the next person, but I just don't think this much salt is warranted. To me it really looks like she was clarifying her original post. I don't know why she made the post friends only, maybe she knew it was being talked about on cgl. Also, just because your own English is good and you would be able to explain it doesn't mean that hers automatically is/she would be able to explain. Maybe she thought "I made this" wouldn't need further explanation? I don't know, it's hard to express yourself accurately when you're not fluent.
>>
>>9376436
Her English is really good, I've met her.
>>
>>9376533
She does read cgl at least sometimes, she's admitted it before. She read criticisms and changed things based on it but I can't remember what it was.
>>
>>9376533
I'm not salty at all, I don't give a shit. I don't like witch hunts because they just drag on in the lolita comm (people still salty about kate). I'm just surprised there are people who can make themselves believe she had 100% pure intentions. Do you think I was born with this English? Making and buying are literally two of the first words I learned. Maybe she didn't learn them until this week? But her other English posts seem fine, mainly bad grammar.
>>
>>9376525
I do believe that she made the original pin. This is my understanding:

She found the frame and the charms in the market and legitimately attached the charms to the frame. Perhaps the frame and charms were near each other in the market, with the intent of being sold together. Now that someone has pointed out 'hey you can get this on aliexpress' she is going to negotiate a wholesale rate on the pre-made pins.

Seems fine to me.
>>
File: _20170303_191110.jpg (40KB, 720x201px) Image search: [Google]
_20170303_191110.jpg
40KB, 720x201px
>>9376552
She supposedly found them in seperate shops and also made the frame into a pin. The one on ae is also a pin.
>>
>>9376554
I mean that's an amazing mix to manage to put together that's a few paint strokes away from an aliexpress design. Like I can't believe anyone would see that as a coincidence?
>>
>>9376542
I don't really have a dog in this fight and I'm sorry this is upsetting you. I just really... struggle to see what the big deal is here. Maybe if she had stolen art from someone on purpose to profit off of I would be mad but this still seems like a misunderstanding.
>>
>>9376565
Yeah it does seem suspicious, but I've seen it happen legitimately all the time, particularly with jewelry since everyone has access to the same limited amount of charms.
This is a little more suspicious than most of the accidental incidents I've seen, but I'll give it a pass as it's the first time I've seen anything art-theft suspicious from her. If it happens again, then we may have an issue.
>>
>>9376587
I feel like those little people are the last sort of charm I'd think to put on that wolf charm. Maybe a rabbit? Or some kind of bead? It's just so close.
>>
>>9376541
Bodice length on the dresses, she said so at Wicked & Whimsy.
>>
Does anyone use Japanese lookbook sites like wear.jp? I just browse at the moment but I was wondering whether any western lolitas make accounts.
>>
>>9376450
>this method is pretty standard for most designer lines, unless you are explicitly couture.
I see shit like this happen in western retail all the time and no one gives a shit but she's buying taobao and aliexpress items and reselling them because she added stuff to it?
Isn't that what all the fucking assholes on etsy do? They even over mark their stuff..
>>
>>9376592
the little people make perfect sense. it represents the wolf ate grandma and red riding hood & they're in its belly. it's a logical combo
>>
>>9376554
>>9376540
Does that seriously look like good english to you? Just because you can speak it doesn't mean you understand what you're saying..
>>
>>9376602
>>9376603
The thing is, you'd have to believe she found the items in seperate shops, put them together in exactly the same way (they could've been the other way around) and also had the idea of making it into a pin, all before ever seeing the one on ae. Maybe you believe that but I don't.
>>
>>9376602
Didn't this all come up because what she added was pretty much the same thing as what was already being sold? The only difference between the two images was paint quality.

And considering companies like Sideshow Collectibles will have well-painted statues on display and then send their customers junk, we'll definitely know what's up if people order this pin and they receive things that have paint jobs more similar to the stuff found on aliexpress than what she showed in her picture.
>>
>>9376606
It looks like she used the right words but not the right grammar
>>
>>9376580
But that is exactly what she's doing anon... even though an Aliexpress pin is a ways from being called art lol
A few weeks ago she went apeshit over people stealing her art in the form of them getting it tattooed on themselves. As other people posted, she even screencapped people's replies on Instagram to call them out for their "stupidity".
Now she makes a post stating she made a pin (which no, is not easy to confuse with buying it despite the language barriers) and immediately hides the post and posts that "explanation" once people point out they've seen the same pins on AE. The wholesale thing would work if she hadn't already claimed she made the pin, but since she did, she's obviously just trying to backtrack before it starts hurting her business. It's just dishonest and very hypocritical.
It's nice to give her the benefit of the doubt but I think her intentions were clear.
>>
>>9376580
There's two reasons why this pisses me off. 1. There's nothing wrong with her buying a thing from AliExpress or wherever and reselling it for more on her store but she was literally pretending she made the thing. Aka, art theft. 2. She cries every time anyone so much as saves a picture of her art to their computer without her permission. She threw a complete fit because someone got her art tattooed on her which is really not that big of a deal. She is literally the first person to get out the pitchforks whenever anything could possibly be conceived of as 'art theft' and now she's doing it herself. Talk about being a goddamn hypocrite.
>>
>>9376616
Ok now you have to be trolling. Stealing art from a small artist/designer to reappropriate on your own products (a la photoshop, tracing, direct copying) is not the same as purchasing wholesale items in bulk to resell. The difference is permission and paying the original source for their work. In the first example the original artist is not getting paid/credited for their art, in wholesale the retailer is literally making their products for the sole purpose of being available to buy in bulk to resell.
>>
>>9376627
But then you have to admit she was lying about making the pins too
>>
>>9376627
Wait, how is tattooing reappropriating for your own products? Tattoos are one of those areas where even celebs don't bother going apeshit despite having massive contracts for their likenesses otherwise.
>>
>>9376602
Western brands do this too, though usually it's more along the lines of adding to a 'base' (like embroidered berets, or decorated headbands).

Generally these people will tell you exactly what they do when you ask, and people also generally expect that they didn't make the bases.

There are a million examples of a designer buying a mass produced charm, adding a bail or a ring blank to it, and selling it. But Haenuli is considered more of an artist than a designer, since she's one of the few that does her own artwork, so I think people automatically assume everything she makes/uses was something 100% original.

I still think this example is less in the grey area than most, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until something else happens. She didn't have to make a big public shop page post about it, she could have just addressed it on her personal page.
>>
>>9376633
I never said I thought she was making the pins outright, there are several anons in this thread. Frankly, I don't know whether she bought the pins completed for wholesale or she assembled them herself and they happened to look the same, but neither of those possibilities rustle me. The fact is, buying items wholesale is not art theft, and if that's why you're getting all up in arms then I guess we just have a fundamental disagreement on why this is an issue.
>>
>>9376635
Haenuli said "don't tattoo my art". Someone walked into a shop and asked for it anyway. The tattoo artist got paid to reappropriate haenuli's art onto someone's skin, haenuli received no payment. This is art theft.
>>
>>9376642
Yes, there're several anons and nobody is up in arms. Nobody said buying them wholesale is art theft. This is just what the general is mostly about when there's a seperate new releases thread. I don't know why you're acting like you're the only calm one.
>>
>>9376645
Thanks for clarifying. I was under the impression that she was calling it out after the fact. If she's been openly saying "don't tattoo my art" before anyone got any tattoos then yes I agree it's theft.
>>
>>9376652
In this post, anon equates buying items wholesale with art theft >>9376623
>>
>>9376660
No, you are reading it wrong. She says reselling is not art theft, however haenuli claimed she made them, and then it would be art theft.
>>
>>9376663
Then let me clarify concede the point that claiming that someone's work as your own is shitty and art theft, but it's different with wholesale items because by nature they are meant to be resold/rebranded/distributed (as other anons have said, western retailers do this all the time). Haenuli gets scrutinized more because she is an indie artist because her items are supposed to be original but then this brings us back to the question of her original intentions.

Is this kinda hypocritical coming off the heels of her tattoo/skeleton drawing theft drama? Sort of, but we are back to "did she actually make this", which I don't think we can really get a solid answer to, as we are still struggling to decode her bad English. I don't think it's art theft to resell a wholesale product but I agree it's shitty to sell something like that as completely yours, with the intent to deceive. The problem is that this is such a grey area because we can't know for sure how she came about this brooch so we are basically just spinning our wheels.
>>
>>9376677
I'm not the anon who brought that up, and I don't think anyone is scrutinising her for reselling. There are just some people who think she intentionally lied with the first story.
>>
Speaking of stuff she resells, does anyone have a link to the black version of that cross necklace? i only see the white one.
>>
>>9376695
There's an ae and taobao thread
>>
>>9376687
Well then I guess in that case I'm settling on "agree to disagree". I personally don't feel there's enough evidence to suggest she lied in the first post and tried to mislead people, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt in thinking she was just bad at communicating what was happening. This is just a really weird situation where she *could* have bought it premade with the intention to deceive, but she also *could* have bought the pieces on her own on accident. We don't have anything to prove either way, just pure speculation and talking about the most likely case.

Until something happens in the future where she's proven to have actually stolen art and claiming it as her own, I'm remaining neutral.
>>
File: il_570xN.1113491100_2qmu.jpg (118KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1113491100_2qmu.jpg
118KB, 570x570px
>>9376639
She's probably afraid of losing customers. Like the other anon said, damage control.

>>9376677
What about people who make deco phone cases? Like shit. Even the people who make their own "charms" are using molds they bought from someone else. I think I have yet to see someone do it COMPLETELY from scratch.

And yeah. A lot of them claim it's all theirs. Cause you know. They made it. And that'll be $35 USD for your goofy hard to use phone case.

pic related is from a shop that is reselling the fucking figures they bought as "phone case upgrades"
>>
Speaking of duplicate designs and shit, has this been talked about?
>>
>>9376712
>I think I have yet to see someone do it COMPLETELY from scratch.
And now that I think about it... Cherrycheezy was making her own molds for her cases? And she's an artist... but she's just re-using motifs. You can't really jump someone's gun for that.
>>
>>9376714
omfg really someone is copying what is already a parody .-.

>>9376712
>>9376715
I really really hate most deco case people. A lot of them steal fanart pictures for cases and use stolen molds and don't care. Some don't even mold any of their own stuff and just buy cabochons.

The ones in these pics look ok, but this is the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>9376714
One says Brand Bitch and one says Brand Whore.

Brandwhore is a pretty common lolita thing. Brand Bitch is clearly someone looking to do a spin on things...
>>
>>9376717
>I really really hate most deco case people. A lot of them steal fanart pictures for cases and use stolen molds and don't care. Some don't even mold any of their own stuff and just buy cabochons.
Yeah. They just buy stuff, throw it together and sell it back to you. Anyone could do that stuff. Not anyone could make it look good obviously, but my point still stands. There's all kinds of art theft but people look the other way because it's considered crafting.

But they are still reselling someone else's work. Lots of them are. And not at reasonable prices. Just because Tmobile can sell a $35 phone case doesn't mean you can take a $1 case, pour a bunch of silicone and hot glue on it and then a ton of childrens toys on top and resell it for the same amount. Cabochons are cheap as fuck. I've bought them before so I know.

But hey - there isn't a deco thread in the catalog anymore. That's new.
>>
File: 1433316490431.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1433316490431.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
>>9376714
>For all those bad brand bitches out there! This was inspired by changing the lyrics of a Nicki Minaj song to be about lolita and "brand bitch" fit perfectly in place of "bad bitch"
>Nicki Minaj

Glad I saw this. And to think I almost bought one.
Pic related is the first place my mind went to.
>>
>>9376725
Her other stuff is cool. Did anyone else have those misako pins?? Not only that but her stuff is quality. It's a shame she had a not so great idea this time but don't knock her out right completely.
>>
>>9376712
This pivots more into "what makes something original" and your own personal definition of art theft. Can you say deco cases are really copying or ripping off one artist in particular? Deco artists buy their supplies from retailers or wholesalers, this isn't art theft because again, the purpose of suppliers is to give you materials to create something, otherwise you would buy cabochons/beads and just... Look at them I guess? If you consider using supplies to create something new as art theft, then your whole definition of art theft is pretty pedantic and silly t b h.

Also if you still consider using deco supplies as art theft, I would like to argue that using them in crafts is transformative enough that it elevates it to a different thing. Are deco cases derivative and have I seen a million other things that are similar? Sure, but the journey from loose parts to finished item makes it a new thing. Otherwise crafters would be getting slammed with lawsuits/cease & desists left and right.
>>
>>9376736
good quality? That must be a joke.
>>
>>9376731
get the other pin
>>
>>9376721
Are labour costs not worth anything?
Stop undervaluing handmade goods.
>>
>>9376725
>bububun
literally who

>>9376712
See
>>9376721
>>
>>9376201
I don't see anything wrong with this process.
>>
>>9376725
According to the screenshots it looks like they were announced the same day?

>just bububun copying again
Should I know who this is?

>the other girls is obviously better designed

Oh ok so starglazeddelights has a vendetta or.....?
>>
Shipping from where I live is expensive. Is it better to slightly raise the cost of items to cover shipping (I plan to sell them cheap because I need them gone), or to be straight up about the costs with buyers?
>>
>>9376767
That is her second story. Her first story is that she made them by assembling parts from two shops plus making it into a pin.
>>
>>9376772
Yet we don't know what actually happened, because her English is bad and both scenarios are likely.
>>
>>9376771
It's better to be honest about it. Do you want to be a liar? You don't sound like you'd mind being a liar. I should probably tell you people can find out how much shipping really was extremely easily.
>>
>>9376771
Just do calculated shipping and mention where you live in your sales posts.
>>
>>9376771
At first glance if I see something cheaply priced with like a $30 shipping fee, I'm put off by it. Personally, I wouldn't see a problem with making the item's price "artificially" higher since some of that cost is going into shipping if I'm unaware of the fact.
>>
>>9376761
Labor on those isn't much. Nobody is saying sell them for $5, just don't sell them for $35. Most I see are $15-$20 and that seems reasonable to me.
>>
>>9376788
I don't care about the product in question but buyers like you are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>9376788
I bet you only buy things made possible by slavery. That's the only way it can be so cheap.
>>
>>9376790
You've clearly never done anything decoden; They cost very little and don't take very much time. Most sellers do things in batches as well, which cuts down on the labor even more. $15-$20 is easily $10-$20/hr after material costs.
>>
>>9376790
Prices change according to demand, basic economics. If someone prices something too high it won't sell and they'll be forced to lower prices or go out of business. What people are willing to pay for something defines how much it should cost.
>>
>>9376769
I've the star glazed brand whore pin, but it's the BABY one, she announced she was doing an AP bow first.
>>
>>9376796
Just because you undervalue and underprice your work doesn't mean everyone else has to? Complaining about other peoples' labor being too expensive is even worse considering the fact you're a seller.
>>
>>9376435
.... she literally writes, "if you want to buy it from somewhere else, go ahead." I think that's actually quite a professional attitude. I think it's also nice that she's showcasing how these accessories are obtained. I don't agree that she should price her things where she does, but it's her business. If I don't want to pay that money, it's simple: I don't.
>>
>>9376806
>star glazed announced first
>both screenshots January 19
>>
>>9376788
Then just buy a $15 case with shitty piping if it doesn't make any difference. Or better yet buy the $1 case, cheap cabochons, and do it yourself, then you'll see what you're paying $35 for.
>>
>>9376812
>January 14*
Oops
>>
>>9376804
>What people are willing to pay for something defines how much it should cost.
That's why AP spends more on marketing than production
>>
>>9376774
her english is so bad she accidentally said she made them. and then, when questioned, she accidentally said she bought the parts from different stores and made the frame into a pin. it was all one big misunderstanding, but then her english became good enough to come up with the second story.
>>
>>9376817
Look, I can't stop you if this is the narrative you want to push, but as I said here >>9376677 and >>9376705 I'm not really going to get mad until I see some solid proof that pushes this out of "we think she did this" to "she actually tried to do this"
>>
>>9376812
Didn't star glazed have a bunch of WIPs up somewhere before then though?
>>
>>9376828
Do you have any caps? The earliest I can find is January 14 for both of them.
>>
Haenuli fantards sure are blind.
Like, really? you believe that she got the exact same pins, the exact same charms, assemble them and used the exact same colors and decoration than an already existing piece... but it was just a coincidence???

Come on, she's not committing a crime but she's clearly using someone else's idea, and that makes her a big fat hypocrite, because she's a whiny bitch when it comes to people using her ideas without her permission.
>>
>>9376839
Who wants to bet the skeleton series wasn't an original idea either? She doesn't seem to do anything but creatively piggyback off of other people.
>>
>>9376839
No they believe she doesn't speak English
>>
>>9376839
And here I was thinking I was having a nice civil discussion on cgl for once. Read up earlier in the thread, I'm not in the mood for repeating myself right now.
>>
File: image.png (257KB, 832x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
257KB, 832x680px
>>9376842
>haenuli copied the idea of skeletons
>>
>>9376848
ohayo shin-chan
>>
>>9376849
Lol

>inb4 everyone on cgl is someone you know
>>
>>9376851
annyeonghaseyo nunu
>>
>>9376855
Anon did you just have a stroke? I'm not haenuli but I guess it's fun to pretend I'm her (in which case I'm pleased to announce my next line will be salt themed)
>>
Let's have new releases in the next general
>>
>>9376863
Why not just put it in the new releases thread
>>
>>9376842
She explicitly said she was inspired by the painting Death and a Maiden when she saw it in a museum. Her stuff, while you can see the inspiration, is obviously not a copy of the painting.
>>
>>9376864
Because we get more drama and trolls this way
>>
>>9376863
Just as long as they are actual brand releases. To keep the thread less cluttered.
>>
what are the cheapest sites to buy from?
also any tips for beginners?
>>
>>9376600
Same, I think I'll start posting though. I saw a few other western lolitas though.
>>
>>9376878
We already told you to go to the stupid questions thread and if you only want cheap stuff you're going to suck and I don't want to help you with that
>>
>>9376889
Well, the other person told me to go to Lolita General
No need to be rude about it

Im sorry I cant afford nice expensive stuff :|
>>
>>9376600
I have been using wear for a couple of years, it's not as fun as it used to be because it's trying too hard to appeal to a western audience imo but I still post every so often.
>>
>>9376812
Nah. Go back through their history and you'll find posts showing that stsrglazed had wip stuff up first.
>>
>>9376906
Buy used from the lolita sales groups, and/or buy Bodyline.
>>
>>9376914
Thank you
>>
>>9376912
Where? I've looked at their Instagram, tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, they all say either Jan 14 or 15.
>>
>>9376855
It's okay anon. I think that meme is pretty fucking stupid too.
>>
>>9376879
I really like the way everything's tagged by brand to search for coords, but I'm not sure if the whole point of the site is to wear currently-available items and link to those items instore? I don't wear that many new releases so I'm not sure if there's no point joining.
>>
>>9376906
Bodyline is a sex shop. Go to lacemarket.
>>
>>9376769
>should I know who this is
I'd tell you but it'd probably get deleted.
>>
>>9376932
Bodyline hasn't sold sex shop stuff in almost 10 years... Chill out on the newfag, anon.
>>
>>9376911
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you have been diagnosed with yellowfever.
>>
>>9376787
That's what I thought would be ok because for some of my items the cost of shipping is higher than the price of the item itself. Nobody wants to pay that, it will feel like a rip off.
>>
Oh my god why is the general thread always such shit
>>
>>9376935
Why do you want to turn newfags into ita's? Or do you really believe they can tell the good bodyline from the bad? You know it's almost all bad and not as cheap as it was.

>>9376941
There is a new releases thread
>>
>>9376912
Starglazed put up the wip on the 14th though. She was asking for people to choose colors still.
>>
>>9376941
Welcome to cgl
>>
>>9376496
Wow that's interesting
>>
>>9376989
It makes me feel weird. I don't like it and I'm questioning why it even exists.
>>
>>9376928
Is it? That seems silly if said items are sold out. I just plan on treating it like a normal lookbook type site, so....
>>
>>9376992
Yeah. It's already a weird cut, halfway between Aristo and oldschool classic... But that print is something else. It's like something a joann quilting fabric homemade Lolita would design

We should have a wtf taobao Lolita thread. I would start one but I can't even find cute dresses there outside of a handful of shops I know by name
>>
>>9377007
When taobao shops release weird stuff it's just a sign they dgaf about lolita and will make anything they think will sell
>>
>>9376496
I kind of like this it reminds me of natural kei meets hippie
>>
If I had a penny for every thread that starts with
>Couldn't find one in the catalog
>>
>>9377007
The print is what really caught my eye. I went on glitzywonderland's site and they have several of magic tea parties pieces. I have a skirt from the brand(libra in red), but that dress is just... weird.
>>
>>9375955
Try Shirrng Princess jsk. It's been rereleased multiple times.
>>
>>9374571
kek
you aren't obligated to hang out with other lolitas.
just hang out with weebs instead.
so fucking whiny
>>
>>9375955
Yeahm that's shirring princess
>>
>>9376714
Pins are kind of big right now, so who cares. I really like the font on "Brand Bitch" better than the AP "Brand Whore" pin, but Brand Bitch isn't really anything lolitas say. I just want a good AP brand whore pin.
>>
File: C6CGOtNVUAAurhQ.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6CGOtNVUAAurhQ.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
This popped up on my Twitter feed.

I'm so sorry.
>>
>>9377287
noooo well, how long are the Anime Matsuri non-disclosure agreements for guests?
>>
>>9377120
That's a common phrase on more than just this board you know...
>>
>>9377287
How long am I required to hold a grudge against AM? With guests like that it is getting hard to continue being so salty after so long.
>>
>>9377349
I know right? Would usually insta-buy tickets for any other con even if it only had half of these advertised guests, but with AM it's just a moral dilemma
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488603013842.jpg (347KB, 1669x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488603013842.jpg
347KB, 1669x2048px
>>9376842
Their explanation on their unoriginality
>>
>>9377374
Like literally every brand does this in particular. What's your point.
>>
>>9377374
>>9377397
Am I in a fucking time loop

This is the third time someone's posted this image/started this discussion in this same thread
>>
>>9377398
YES. It's finally happened. Groundhog Day has begun!
>>
File: tumblr_oesydyGpC61vpoagho1_400.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oesydyGpC61vpoagho1_400.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>9374571
Does anyone else miss the days when 4chan was mostly weeaboos and nerds instead of alt-right cringe masters?
>>
>>9376869

No, that's the point. Keep the trolls in this thread and discuss new releases in the new releases thread. At least you can talk crap about AP's latest cupcake prints without having to scroll past ten other comments fighting over Haenuli's pin.
>>
>>9377198
It's nice to have a community that's supportive and fun rather than cancerous and pretentious.
>>
>>9376714
The BRAND BITCH pin was designed first, guys!
>>
File: IMG_0687.jpg (233KB, 750x1013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0687.jpg
233KB, 750x1013px
>>9377374
>>
File: IMG_0688.jpg (81KB, 750x1171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.jpg
81KB, 750x1171px
>>9377620
>>
>>9377439
That wouldn't have happened
>>
>>9377621
Thanks but I still don't believe her english is so bad she didn't know what she was saying
>>
I hope someone submitted a secret that is not about haenuli
>>
>>9377620
So it was always a brooch then? Not separate parts?

Also, she argued with her art that anyone "could google the artist in 2 minutes" even if they'd never heard of her.

She didn't google red riding hood pin herself?

I'm done with her brand.
>>
>>9377660
No, she doesn't speak English. She didn't know what it meant when she said she got the frame from a material store, made it into a pin and got the other parts from a ceramics store.
>>
>>9377349
Forever. Am does this all the time do not fall for it.

>>9377661
I hate to get into this but she speaks English fine. You can tell from how she types but she also used to live in Canada. The fact that she can travel to foreign cons without a translator speaks to her skills. She just fucked up.
>>
>>9377660
Not quite the same. She had no reason to think that some parts she picked up in a wholesale craft shop were stolen designs, whereas all her art is watermarked to high heaven. You are grasping at straws.
>>
>>9377684
You are grasping at straws if you believe >>9377661 is true
>>
>>9377688
It could be that she misspoke. Lots of people think assembling parts to make something new = making something from scratch. This is not some big scandal.
>>
>>9377689
you don't have knowledge of non-native english speakers and it's a bit strange she assembled the exact same parts that were in different shops and made it into a pin
>>
>>9377689
What sounds more believable?

1. She happened to find the wolf frame and charms individually in some place that clearly sells cheap shit from china. She didn't realize it was stolen until someone pointed it out. Somehow what she put together is the same as the real one; same charms, same colours.

2. She wanted to make easy money through reselling cheap aliexpress things. She got it cheap, did not do anything to it and lied about it to make it look like she crafted it. When called out she tried to act like she altered it somehow, which makes no sense since it is identical to the real deal. She didn't think that Lolita's would source these things and was trying to make money and failed.
>>
>>9377684
She didn't pick up some parts, it would appear she picked up a ready-mades piece of jewellery.

If I shop at a dollar store, and it was selling something like that, you can bet I assume it is a ripoff of something. Like cheap, gift statuettes and crockery.

I am not buying it.
>>
Secrets are up
>>
>>9377349
>Grudge

People are just boycotting them so they and others don't get scammed. If you don't care about that, fine, but it brings to mind lime crime supporters who got ripped off after the initial scandal and were surprised. Bad businesspeople don't change, all you can do is avoid them
>>
>>9377619
Every screenshot/post I can find shows both versions were announced on January 14. Give me caps that show different or stop dragging this out.
>>
>>9377658
Did u kno
That u can
Make secrets urself
>>
>>9377706
why are so many removed by request? I can only guess they were about haenuli
>>
>>9374414
Seconding this, baking soda is great. I like to make a thick paste and leave it on stain overnight though works for both stains and smells
>>
>>9377724
They were, I wish I had taken screenshots now.
>>
>>9377737
Were they just bitching about the brooch dramas?
>>
>>9377740
*drama, autocorrect pls
>>
>>9377740
They were posting pics of other things Haenuli has copied, several secrets were about things from Elpress that were copies. But yeah the brooch was mentioned too.
>>
>>9377661
Bullshit, I met Haenuli at the TPC event and she speak perfect English.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 640x600px
>>9377724
I got some of them anon
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 400x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 400x590px
>>9377797
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 432x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 432x591px
>>9377799
>>
>>9376201
Of course there is nothing wrong with this process if you
a: make it clear from the start
b: don't say it as you made it yourself.
And the fact that they have to make it clear as this adds up as well. If they didn't 'redesign' their black-lace-dress without anybody telling, they wouldn't have to do samage control for half of this. Clarity and being open and honest about stuff you buy is a very important thing when it comes to selling stuff,..especially when it's a bit more expensive and a 'designer' item.
Honestly, I just hoped they really learned. But hoping is not buying.
>>
>>9377797
>>9377799
>>9377802
Jfc the bonnet and the brooch is exactly the same. She needs to not just buy things wholesale to resell, it hurts any image she is trying to cultivate as a brand or designer. The ice cream necklace looks like she might have tried to change it from a wholesale piece, but it's not different enough that it's "new" now.
>>
>>9377287
Noooo, Misako, Minori, Akira, and even CathyCat btw. Ugh, do they even know about it? ;_;
>>
>>9377837
They all fucking know about it, but I guess they're getting paid enough to not care. When the news "broke" that the Leighs were scum, misako posted a tweet saying something like "I can't stop crying :(" but I guess enough time has passed they're hoping we've forgotten?
>>
>>9377837
Money speaks. I'm sure they don't give a shit
>>
>>9377846
He is very manipulative and could've convinced them the evidence of him scamming people is false. If they care about money so much, would the work with a known scammer?
>>
>>9377825
Also to add onto this, there are so many design fakes/rip offs out there. If haenuli wants to buy wholesale stuff then that's her own deal, but she needs to be super careful that she isn't accidentally selling something that is a rip off of another artist. I'm talking about like when Chinese manufacturer starts mass producing a knock off and a retailer who doesn't know better buys it and sells it (just look at Zara with their enamel pin fiasco, and knock off AP/BTSSB bags being sold by normie "quirky" online stores).
>>
>>9377863
zara is owned by spawn of the devil
>>
>>9377349
Your moral character is determined by the choices you make in difficult situations.

If you give AM your money because you can't resist their guest lineup, when you had boycotted them before, your moral character is weak.
>>
>>9377867
I mean, I'm sure Zara isn't totally innocent, but you get what I mean with a retail giant buying wholesale merch without doing their research.
>>
>>9377837
>Minori
wait, Minori who tweeted about how she cannot support AM because of the scandal? that Minori?

also, if something like this was happening on any other 4chan board, anons would be blowing up social media demanding some accountability from those involved. if you are not ready to forgive and forget, start spamming some hashtags, gulls.
>>
>>9377661
i cant believe three anons didnt realize this was a sarcastic remark
>>
>>9377882
It's Midori going to AM, not Minori.
>>
>>9377889
tell that to >>9377837
>>
>>9377287
Why.
>>
>>9377434
They were still racists and misogynists living in their basement, the term alt-right just didn't exist yet.
>>
>>9377696
I genuinely think the first one is more believable, she would know that deliberately lying about having made something she didn't would cause a lot of damage to her brand. It could have easily been a coincidence, and if it wasn't then she would have been incredibly stupid to lie about it and assume she wouldn't get caught.
>>
File: change the name.jpg (104KB, 978x549px) Image search: [Google]
change the name.jpg
104KB, 978x549px
>>
File: change the name01.png (262KB, 644x361px) Image search: [Google]
change the name01.png
262KB, 644x361px
>>
File: change the name 02.jpg (149KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
change the name 02.jpg
149KB, 500x700px
>>
>>9377903
I think goth loli is a nice name for the fashion but weebs associate loli with porn. Personally tough idgaf about weebs so when anyone asks me irl I tell them it's goth loli.
>>
>>9377900
she's done the second before multiple times, so guess she's incredibly stupid
>>
changethename-fag what's your damage
>>
>>9377912
Stop doing that, lots of non-weebs know the word "loli" from pornsites and other places online. It is really, really not just a weeb thing, it's common knowledge for the under-30s.
>>
>>9377917
No they don't, I'm sorry you live in the US or an area with lots of weebs
>>
dumb question:
are APs low waist skirts "acceptable" in lolita? (milky planet, fancy paper dolls, & toy parade low waist sk for eg) Maybe even just as casual lolita. Like, could I wear them to a meet? Or are they just strictly regular jfash
>>
>>9377919
They are
>>
>>9377921
they are what, sorry? Are acceptable or are strictly regular jfash
>>
>>9377922
They are acceptable
>>
>>9376390
I've bought at least one from this girl on LM who makes really nice ones.
her name was cheesecake something. I'll try to find her profile and maybe you can get something custom.

>https://egl.circlly.com/users/chiizukeekisan
I don't know about the ones she has listed right now, but message her to see if you can commission something
>>
>>9376812
She announced it via cons she was selling them at.
>>
Hey /cgl/,

Is "coord" pronounced the way it looks (co-ord like coordinate), or is it pronounced "cord"?
>>
>>9377922
I disagree with the other poster, they're OK for casual or other styles but not really lolita and I would never wear one to a lolita meet. They're perfect for daily wear though
>>
>>9376842
It wasn't original. There was an alt brand a while back that did the bone corset design and whatnot.
>>
>>9377948
I've always heard it pronounced with 2 syllables (co-ord). I'm in the the Mid Atlantic US, if this happens to a regional thing.
>>
>>9377944
Which cons? I can't find anything on their social media.
>>
>>9376842
>Haenuli bought some things wholesale
>therefore her original prints aren't original prints
This is just stupid.
>>
File: darkbox.png (681KB, 709x994px) Image search: [Google]
darkbox.png
681KB, 709x994px
>>9377951
>>9376842

Right, Dark Box released this dress in 2015(?). But you have to admit Haenuli's design is better...
>>
>>9377797
whaaaat the fuck, I'm dying, those are not even close. just similar materials used to mimic real life ice cream.
I wouldn't buy that shitty ebay one with stolen money let alone my own.

meh on the loofah top but I would buy Haenuli's in a second.

>>9377906
oh goodness, her ass is as unfortunate as mine.
anyway, grow a spine, anon.
defend the name and tout a clear and separate definition. I'm not about to wimp out and change the name just because some disgusting asshats.
>>
>>9377854
Personally I wouldn't just because if they can fuck other over without remorse, who's to say they wouldn't do the same to you as a guest eventually. And manipulative or not, John isn't fooling anyone anymore. These people obviously don't care
>>
I've been watching a LM auction that I planned to bid on, and the seller had good feedback, but their four most recent feedbacks have been negative, saying weeks have passed and the seller doesn't send the invoice.

Should I not bid now? It seems like the seller disappeared. I was also discussing shipping costs with them before and my last message remains unread.
>>
>>9378060
How badly do you want the dress? I personally wouldn't risk it, if recent feedback is all negative and they're not responding then they might be going through a rough patch or something. I would just save myself the stress of a potentially bad transaction.
>>
>>9377948
as a Dutchie I've heard most of my comm said 'cord'
>>
File: closetchildhwy.png (15KB, 690x207px) Image search: [Google]
closetchildhwy.png
15KB, 690x207px
closetchild is really getting shitty... they're not providing any sizing information on the stuff anymore it seems (pic related)
>>
>>9373208
I like it too, but AP is going back to all the smaller sizes.
>>
>>9378060
Well you could bid on it and set the money aside for it, if you're not in a hurry.
It sounds like the seller is in a rough situation right now.
I mean, in the worst case you simply won't get the item and have your money set aside, right?
>>
>>9377837
Cathycat isn't a good lolita really, and doesn't have any connection to lolita community. Anything for fame
>>
>>9378090
Is that just one item, or everything uploaded today? That's shit.
>>
>>9377918
>this fucking argument, every fucking time
Where do you live then? Because this is true for the US/UK/Canada/Ireland and I'm guessing most of Europe as well. Before I got into lolita, I lived with a bunch of Eastern Europeans and they all knew what loli was, and none of them were weebs (found out because of gossip and bitching about a mutual who turned out to be a lolicon). I also overheard people discussing it in high school, and my high school only had like two weebs (hiding their power level) and no jfash.
>>
>>9377918
I've also had concerned relatives come up to warn me that "in Japan loli is pedo porn" after they heard out I wore lolita fashion from Japan. Not lolita, "loli", when I'd never used that word.
>>
>>9378134
It's at least the whole first page of new arrivals. I've been noticing it quite a lot lately - there will be items with measurements but also a lot without them.
>>
>>9377970
Uh no, I meant alt fashion as in some regular ass goth shit. Not saying Haenuli's is bad, but basically the exact ribcage corset part has been out there for like ten years.
>>
>>9377948
i pronounce it like co-ord but without a really noticeable hyphenation in speech
>>
>>9377868
You sound like a SJW.
>>
File: btssb ouji.jpg (67KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
btssb ouji.jpg
67KB, 600x899px
Lolibrary's still down. Are there any sweet-colour brand boy style sets other than pic related?
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.