[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Race race in cosplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (156KB, 745x982px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 745x982px
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/to-white-cosplayers-who-cosplay-as-poc-characters

Opinions? Rants?
>>
does anyone even do this anymore now that avatar fandom is dying
>>
I'll never feel okay to cosplay Mulan and that makes me sad
>>
>>9370747
This article is from 2015. The comments section has already told off the writer for being racist and having double standards.

But the thing that really stuck out for me is she called Korra an Asian-American. If you ever watched the show, the water tribe is based on the Inuit and Yupik. If you're going to complain about cultural appropriation, at least get your cultures correct in the first place!
>>
>gets Korra's race wrong
>calls princess Tianna 'Tatiana'
hot mess
>>
1817: "My entire family died of tuberculosis, now I have to work overtime in the factory to pay for their funerals"
2017: "Someone dressed up as the wrong imaginary character, now I'm massively uncomfortable"

And these people bitch about others having no perspective.
>>
Please don't do this anon, this has been done so many times and the article is from 2015 for chrissakes. SJWs can go fuck themselves with their expensive art degrees and limitless time to be offended for their fetishized minority groups.
>>
Overdone topic. Dress as anything you want, regardless of your race or the character's race. 99.99% of congoers do not give a fuck.
>>
>>9370747
Welp, let's all stick to the suggestion and have most anime/manga-related cons in non-Asian countries die out, because the vast majority of characters in Japanese manga/anime/video games is supposed to be Asian.
>>
>>9371091
Sounds good to me
>>
>It is not right to tell a woman how she should dress
>Here is how you need to dress
>>
>smith college
OOHHHH BOOOY
Do I have some stories as a decently attractive straight male who spent alot of time at smith.

To sum it up: I expect this shit 100% from smithies. They are bat shit crazy.
>>
>>9371237
Lol do tell
>>
>>9371242
>used to play table tops with them/in the area
>someone cast flaming sphere
>one of them literally jumps up and screeches, saying they heard the word 'flaming' and will not tolerate homohate

>ran a game in the area for a bunch of smithies.
>kid you not, devolved into fight the patriarchy
>4 of them literally trying to out vaginal each other, show me, the male GM, they are against men
>all four of them, behind each others backs, secretly texting me gossip about the others and then just sexting
>one of them wanted me to choke her and spit in her face while calling her a slut

>At the 'con' they have there.
>people literally breaking into interpretative dance
>will eventually turn into a shit talking fest everytime I show interest in one of them and assure them I have a penis.
>a back stabbing frenzy of women being poisonous in a desperate attempt to get my dick while simultaneously telling me dick are bad
Northampton is a Fucking crazy place, but those are just a couple stories. Every crazy sjw there that I've talked to is either a dirty insane slut or just insane. The few normal girls there say they brainwash hard.
>>
>>9371269
Holy shit. Talk about doublethink.
>>
I dont get offened when a asian man wants to cosplay aph Germany. He can do what he wants but it will still look goofy. On the flip side of that coin if a white girl wants to cosplay mulan go ahead but youre going look goofy doing it. Racial accuracy plays both ways. The only weird wiggle room are 'white' anime characters but that's because the japanese ideal of beauty is super pale, which whites capitalize on. So DN Light is Japanese but when a white guy cosplays him he still looks like the character.
>>
>>9370747
Aren't most anime characters supposed to be Japanese? but no one seems to care in that case
>>
>>9371269
>>a back stabbing frenzy of women being poisonous in a desperate attempt to get my dick while simultaneously telling me dick are bad
>sjw there that I've talked to is either a dirty insane slut or just insane.

This is my experience also (plus on a wider scale).
And to think I used to consider their opinions seriously...
>>
File: muhcostumes.jpg (2MB, 2088x3840px) Image search: [Google]
muhcostumes.jpg
2MB, 2088x3840px
>>
>>9371783
Sorta off-topic but...
>try to find traditional German dresses as reference for a drawing
>expecting black and white vintage photos and/or more modern pictures of accurate outfits
>get a ton of "German barmaid" costumes made of shit material worn by sexy models caked with makeup all making the same pose

It was frustrating, to say the least.
>>
This is a troll, isn't it? This is like the 4th thread about this.
>>
>>9371815
If you ever need to search traditional German dresses, use "Trachten Deutschland" or "Trachtenverein" as a seach query. Not many vintage pictures, but it's a lot more accurate.
>>
>>9371269
dude NoHo lmao
>>
>>9371269
lived in MA surviving many trips landing me in Noho because it was between my parents' houses.
Move to Burlington VT....same shit as NoHo pretty much.
>>
Friend of mine really wanted to cosplay Mateo from Elena of Avalor and wound up just dropping it because of this crap.

I'm still cosplaying Elena (I'm filipino but fuck if the sjws are going to care), but I'm kind of annoyed I lost my partner because of this.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.