[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coord Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 109

File: Coord Help thread.jpg (265KB, 560x745px) Image search: [Google]
Coord Help thread.jpg
265KB, 560x745px
Help, Suggestions, and Feedback for lolira coords.
Last one is in autosage
>>9315253
>>
File: 1488130647686.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1488130647686.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
I never wear headwear, so what do you gulls think would suit this best? I just can't think of anything small that will still keep the toned-down goth feeling. Also, yay or nay to the skull necklace? I feel it clashes with the religious motif of the skirt.

>socks are just a placeholder right now
>>
>>9369931
okay personally I really like the necklace, but if you feel like it clashes too much, maybe get a cross, but one that will hang at the same spot as the skull necklace, as it looks really good being just under the collar like that.
Maybe a plain black felt medium-brimmed hat would look okay? I know they might seem an ita staple but I think they can look good if the coord is simple enough
>>
File: B38OP327-la_0.jpg (83KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B38OP327-la_0.jpg
83KB, 480x640px
Honestly I'm desperately seeking help at this point. I've had this dress for over a year and it's just been sitting in my closet. It's NWT so I could sell it, but I love this dress and don't want it to come to that.

I want to give it a classic princess vibe, even though it's a sweeter colour. It would be hard to make OTT considering it's fairly plain, so how do I give it an opulent feel? I also have size 8.5/9 feet so my shoe search has been very limited.

I was thinking if it comes down to it, I could just find some white chiffon and create a headbow, or even attach some lavender and white roses to a boater/make a flower crown, but I really really don't want to look tacky.

Also, I've no idea what legwear to use. I bought the white replica (I know, shame on me) meme socks ages ago because I thought they'd look good with it, but they look terrible and are different lengths, so that's a firm nope.

So yeah, headwear, shoes, socks.... what's your take?
>>
>>9369931
skull doesn't suit it, blacks are clashing
a hat would probably go best
>>
>>9369931
looks like an office blouse
>>
>>9369950
I'm thinking a white bolero, and accessories with pearls and a hint of gold. A big white (or lavender) chiffon headbow would be cute. Maybe white shoes? What kind of shoes do you already own?
>>
File: coord-op.png (926KB, 1061x934px) Image search: [Google]
coord-op.png
926KB, 1061x934px
>>9369950
Some things I have in mind for this:
1. A large statement choker, preferably in gold to compliment the lavender. It'll look good with the square neckline and add the extra princessy details you want.
2. A fancy pair of wrist cuffs in a color that matches the lace. Yes, I know the OP has long sleeves, wrist cuffs can also be used to add interest to long sleeves which is what you want to do here. If you're picky about small details, look for a pair made out of torchon lace to match the lace on the OP.
3. A chiffon shawl tied into a ribbon around the waist, or a chiffon overskirt: This might be a matter of personal taste but I don't like the look of the shirring on the bodice. A shawl or an overskirt will add more detail to the OP and hide the shirring around the waist in an elegant way.
4. Semi-transparent rose tights - Not lace tights! Plenty like pic related can be found for cheap on eBay.
5. Since you want to go OTT, I think an updo would look great with this. For headwear, I suggest rose or bow clips in matching colors, maybe with a small gold tiara. A mini veil headdress will look good, too.
6. Do your feet measure 24cm? You shouldn't have too much of an issue finding appropriate shoes, even brand ones if you want. I'd go with heels in off white if I were you; many lavender shoes tend to be too sweet and clunky looking which won't work with the look you're going for imo.
Pic related isn't as detailed as I'd like but might give you a few ideas.
>>
File: coord.jpg (69KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
69KB, 675x1200px
>>9353304
So i got a socks, headwear, jewelry, and shoes.
The purse i have is a plain black coach purse, so i didnt include it. The shoes are innocent worlds cross shoes.
Also ignore my jew hair. Of course i washed my hair today on the dat that its humid out and it thunderstorms. Ill style it when i wear it out.
But anyway any other feedback on this?
>>
File: ceskyhelp.jpg (1MB, 1575x1575px) Image search: [Google]
ceskyhelp.jpg
1MB, 1575x1575px
>>9368767
Thanks anon! I wasn't sure if I should go with off-white/ivory footwear to match the bag or just go with red.

Reposting to see if anyone else has ideas on which coord works best!
>>
>>9370653
Please don't wear that headband. You can't go wrong with a simple black bow like >>9353799 suggested. What kind of jewelry did you get to match?
>>
>>9370659
A simple pearl bracelet and a short pearl necklace. I'm looking around for a locket, though.
>>
>>9370656
My vote is #3
>>
>>9370656
I love 3 and 4
>>
>>9370656
>just personal opinions, try and see if you like
1 is cute but 2 is best. i'd avoid large amounts of red, as the actual warm color in the print is a muted kind of orangey salmon and is a bitch to match.
you will need a pop of red or orange in the head area though...a bow, feather, earrings, etc. if it is medium-sized to small the exact color match won't matter as much. try your best to find a cute accessory in a sibling shade and a pleasant balance can be achieved.

browns and bordeauxs are def the way to go
>>
>>9369950

Try looking up old school hime lolita, this dress looks perfect for that. You don't actually need to add any more things than the basic white socks, matching shoes and bag, but the big hair is kinda essential to carry the OTT look.
>>
>>9369931

If you want to stick to Moitie, they actually do make a lot of small, elegant hair things that don't look like abnormal head growth. Understated and elegant is kind of their entire game. A small canotier or side headbow seems like it'd be toned down enough yet elegant.

If that's too hard to track down, you might take a look at Innocent World instead. They also do a lot of small pretty hair things, though they're kind of less frilly and less gothic than Moitie.

Yay to the skull.

Nay to the blouse. Seconding the other two anons, it looks too masculine and gives a rather confused vibe. Definitely swap it for something lacier and softer.
>>
File: waffle snow dot.png (461KB, 497x643px) Image search: [Google]
waffle snow dot.png
461KB, 497x643px
What kind of blouse/collar works under this JSK? I can't find any worn pics of it
>>
>>9370894
Seconding IW hair clips. While their hair accessories are usually more restricted to bows on alice bands or clips, they are often delicate and understated enough to work really nicely in more understated and mature gothic coords. It's about looking out for the right ones.
>>
>>9371654
>Click here
i have this dress and think it looks cute with either a wintery look with turtleneck, or maybe a standing collar cutsew. a chiffony hime-sleeved blouse could be cute too. just nothing with a too big peter pan collar as it will mess up the neckline too much.
>>
File: Pirate coord.png (693KB, 780x592px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate coord.png
693KB, 780x592px
Hey, any suggestions on this coord I just got? I want to use it for renfaires and cons, because it's really piratey.
Any suggestions on purses/bags? I don't want to use the clock one that came with the set, though. I want something a little more with a pirate theme.
Should I also get a wig? I prefer using my own hair, and it's a little shorter than shoulder length.
>>
How can I make a high waist dress look more flattering? It makes me look quite wide and boxy because it cuts directly at my boobs.
>>
>>9372725
Wear a cardigan/jacket over it, or a corset under it
>>
File: 01.png (688KB, 900x610px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
688KB, 900x610px
>>9372714
Maybe a purse or bag shaped like a treasure chest? AatP has released a few in the past and I believe IW has too.
>>
>>9372730
That's what I was thinking of. Especially the first one with the pearls on it.
>>
>>9372714
This is up on LM right now.
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/aatp-treasure-chest-bag
>>
>>9372776
Unfortunately, I literally just bought that whole coord set (for a really decent deal, too), so the pochette is out of my price range.
>>
>>9372725
If its a jsk then you can lenghten the straps so that the waist falls below your boobs. If its an OP get a jsk
>>
File: hollywoodorbollywood.jpg (125KB, 976x968px) Image search: [Google]
hollywoodorbollywood.jpg
125KB, 976x968px
Desperately need some help, I'm trying to fit the theme of a fancy dinner coming up and the theme is "Hollywood or Bollywood". Please, anything would help!
>>
>>9373212

This looks rather confused at the moment. What exactly are you going for, and why would that call for mixing an offwhite dress with a black blouse? Is it even a lolita event?
>>
>>9373212
Not much to work with, given what you've already posted, but I have to say that the shoes on the far left would work best. Definitely don't mix white with the beige/ivory in the dress, and ignoring the fact that the shoes on the far right are black, they're not exactly the style I would recommend for lolita. Then again, neither are the rhinestone flats, but I can let them pass for the theme of the event.
>>
File: hollywood.png (688KB, 976x968px) Image search: [Google]
hollywood.png
688KB, 976x968px
>>9373212
I suck at accessorizing but here's something to work off of. Legwear could be glittery nude sheers.
>>
File: cherryparfait.jpg (48KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
cherryparfait.jpg
48KB, 480x640px
What kind of blouse would you guys recommend for this JSK? I don't want it to look like I'm wearing a dirndl. Headwear recommendations would also be welcome.
>>
File: Puffy_Shirt_2006.jpg (197KB, 631x808px) Image search: [Google]
Puffy_Shirt_2006.jpg
197KB, 631x808px
>>9369995
I hate when people say this. Where do ya'll live that people are wearing stuff like that to the office? Look at all the frills down the front. If I wore that to an office I would get laughed at and for sure someone would reference that pirate shirt episode of Seinfeld.
>>
>>9373250
What kind of weather is going on where you live, anon? I'll try looking around for a blouse. Seems like non-collared, scoop neck style would fit this theme best. Those shoes are much better than the ones you had before. If you end up going the low neckline route, an elegant choker would be nice, I think.
>>
>>9371654
would not recommend putting a blouse of any kind under that!
I usually put a sweater or cardigan over mine, or you could put a cutsew underneath as long as the necklines matched up.. but even then I think that's pushing it.
>>
>>9373258

You might want to check the photos before you rant. The blouse other anon commented on is all pointy collars with zero frills anywhere.

I actually think the black blouse doesn't seem to be an office blouse, the sleeves are too puffy. But it certainly looks more LIKE an office blouse than a lolita blouse.
>>
File: minisleeve jsk.jpg (103KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
minisleeve jsk.jpg
103KB, 400x533px
>>9371654

Baby's mini sleeve jsks go with any high-necked blouse. If it's cold, you could opt for a cotton blouse. If it's summer, you could do a high-necked pullover.

You could also go sleeveless or with a bolero. I find armhole a bit too big, so I try to avoid going blouseless/sleeveless due to that.
>>
>>9373212
is this a joke
>>
File: catbonnet.png (384KB, 371x533px) Image search: [Google]
catbonnet.png
384KB, 371x533px
Would there be a way to properly make this bonnet so that its not ita?
I kind of want to make it in all black and make a "black cat" kuro lolita coord. (ie, cat themed jewelry, purse, etc)
The picture itself is for a pattern.
>>
Not lolita but I wanted to see if I could make something interesting with this Milk dress. I don't actually own it, btw. I'm thinking about buying it and was thinking of making a kitschy America-themed coord.
Colours will vary but I'm looking for feedback, esp on the purse and hat which I'm thinking are looking too cheap.
Might also add those mid-shin white socks with red stripes along the top?
>>
File: sweetcream.jpg (277KB, 1728x2766px) Image search: [Google]
sweetcream.jpg
277KB, 1728x2766px
Looking for some suggestions or inspo on coording sweet cream house. This is my favorite dress and I have worn it a bunch of times with white, pink, browns. A lot of coords with it look similar so I guess I'm just looking for a suggestion of a theme or color to focus on.

Also I have been wanting to get this headdress for years, but not sure if it works.
>>
>>9376584
That headdress looks really cute. Maybe do a bear-themed coord with fur-lined stuff?
Cooking themes are fun too. I have a Patissier jsk and my goals are to make a melonpan coord with it and a one that involves a tiny chef's hat.
The collage you posted looks interesting though. I like this sort of mint chocolate ice cream thing going on.
>>
>>9373959
Just go for it, anon.
Make sure that your coord is filled out to balance the extra height on the bonnet that the cat ears give though. My biggest pet peeve is when girls wear flat wigs or flat natural hair with high bonnets.
>>
>>9376170
The hat doesn't go with it. The bag is fine though I hate coke
>>
>>9376584
The headdress looks adorable! I think with a pink blouse + pink legwear and either a brown or biscuit bag this would be good.
>>
I figured this might be the thread for it without cluttering up the General, but my coords always seem to be missing something. It's too late where I am to post a laid flat picture since my indoor lighting is garbage, but I'll definitely post one tomorrow. In the meantime, when you gulls feel like your coord is okay but needs some extra oomph, what do you typically do to boost it to the next level?
>>
>>9379695
More accessories matching the theme and print of the main piece. Rosette pins, brooches, a necklace. You need a statement piece .
>>
>>9379695
there are a couple of different options:
>fancy hairstyle with a lot of volume, or a wig in colors that match the coordinate.
>load up on accessories--gloves, wristcuffs, fistfuls of rings, etc.
>match simplicity with detailed accoutrements. for example, if you're wearing a solid-color OP rather than a print, pick legwear or a blouse that has some kind of interesting texture or repeating pattern to it.
>theme it! bows, animals, plant life, whatever. pick a recurring motif and find accessories that are compatible. if nothing else, you can always use the opportunity to pick up some DIY skills.
>>
>>9379695

If the coord's already done, there's not a whole lot you can add except accessories. Gonna agree with adding a big, flashy statement piece to draw some attention.

Generally if I want the coord to look interesting, I start with the coord itself, eg- use a dress with an interesting print/cut, pick a fancier blouse with fancy princess sleeves, use a larger headdress instead of bow clips, chose a less common colour scheme (that still looks good), etc.
>>
I recently got ahold of one of my dream dresses! But sadly, I wasn't able to snag the matching legwear- and I can't seem to find them for sale.

I usually only wear solid black, so almost all of my OTKs and tights are either pure black, or set specific. I feel this OP however, deserves something a little 'nicer' than just plain black tights. Do any of you know any OTKs or tights that might coord well with it, color-wise?

I plan to wear black shoes and blouse with it (hence my hesitence to add more plain, solid black)
>>
File: 01_1421.jpg (96KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
01_1421.jpg
96KB, 250x333px
>>9379970
AP has a bunch of black socks with pink/white detailing. Pic is Ladder Ribbon.
>>
>>9376170
This is cute! I'd wear it out with maybe a choker and colorful plastic sunglasses (like a red pair) and maybe pigtails? It's very Aymmy and the Batty Girls.
>>
>>9379970
Also, don't wear a blouse with this. It's an OP with long sleeves.
>>
File: 398495_900.jpg (114KB, 900x698px) Image search: [Google]
398495_900.jpg
114KB, 900x698px
Is there any possible way anyone can think of to wear a blouse with this dress or am I going to have to resign myself to risking blouseless lolita or finding a bolero?
>>
>>9380703
High neck blouse.
>>
>>9380703
You could just tuck the lacing into your bodice. Alternatively blouses and cutsews with necklines that dip below the bodice.
>>
>>9380703
http://a-beast.ocnk.net/product/189
Something like this.
>>
File: lost in sea blue op.jpg (71KB, 440x659px) Image search: [Google]
lost in sea blue op.jpg
71KB, 440x659px
So recently I got the lost in sea blue OP. I'm mostly looking for jewelry inspo. I noticed that it seems like it's usually simple pearl necklaces but I'd like other ideas.
>>
>>9380703
I'm not entirely sure about this but could a simple high neck lace blouse work? Different texture would make the straps stand out a bit but I think it should be simple to not be too much.
>>
Should I generally avoid dark headwear if I have dark hair?
>>
>>9380733
Lacing is removable.
>>
>>9385844
it blends in a bit but thats not necessarily a bad thing. try to get headwear with some texture to it so it stands out
>>
>>9380703
You could go for a low cut square neck so the lacing still hits skin? Like a Moitie style square neck blouse. Otherwise high neck or bolero for sure
>>
>>9369931
I actually kind of like the blouse, but my tastes run darker and gothier than the average on /cgl/.

I'd go small and relatively subtle for headwear. A full-on headdress or hat or something would unbalance things.

>>9370653
Nay to that headband, it's too light.

I also think you need more sock action, taller socks or something. It's kinda hard to tell from the photo though.

>>9372714
I don't like the headdress and I think the socks might be a step too far. If you go with that headdress, though, you definitely need a wig, something thick and decently long, otherwise your hair's going to be overpowered. (Unless maybe if you have a really thick bob or something.)

>>9373959
Go full-blown oldschool and it'll work. Or just think of it as cosplay and not lolita and plan accordingly.

>>9379970
Maybe black tights with a prominent texture? Like the kind they often sell at Asian stores. That'd suit the dress but add some visual interest.

That said I think the dress is enough of a centerpiece that the rest of the outfit can be pretty subtle. Otherwise you risk becoming a clusterfuck.

>>9381166
I think if you're careful, something with big blue cabochons could work.
>>
Trying to get into gothic more and I'm wondering what would go with this blouse. An underbust jsk or skirt?
>>
>>9387386
>I don't like the headdress and I think the socks might be a step too far. If you go with that headdress, though, you definitely need a wig, something thick and decently long, otherwise your hair's going to be overpowered. (Unless maybe if you have a really thick bob or something.)
I have extremely thick hair, arguably too thick for a lot of things.
The headdress is actually part of the set with the op and the belt
>>
File: 2017-03-16 18.02.42.jpg (1MB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-16 18.02.42.jpg
1MB, 1632x918px
I'm going to a Beauty & the Beast movie meet-up tomorrow, but...I'm having trouble picking out what to wear. Could /cgl/ give their opinion? I've settled on the dress but the accessories are what I'm waffling on. Given the assumption that I have any color tights/socks available, what would you guys pick? Colors are mostly accurate except for the red bag, which is a darker/duller red irl.
>>
File: 2017-03-16 18.06.49.jpg (293KB, 815x459px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-16 18.06.49.jpg
293KB, 815x459px
This is a close-up of the headwear options. I also have a white bodyline katyusha that's in the running.
>>
File: 1940_900.jpg (24KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1940_900.jpg
24KB, 250x333px
Please help...?
>>
>>9394023
can you give us some more details about what you're working with?
like your best color options to pair this with are probably white, sax blue, or red.
i'd go with:
red tea-party shoes
sax blue & white striped stockings
peterpan collared blouse in white or sax blue
or a red cardigan
pink beret with a red strawberry accessory (buy a knit one on ebay and DIY one if you can't find one like this on taobao or from a brand)
red backpack or heart purse
>>
>>9380727
>>9380733
>>9381140
>>9381190
>>9385853
>>9387363
Thanks to all of you guys. I bought this before all the drama about Haenuli started up and I want to try and style this nicely since I have a feeling this will be another ita meme dress.
>>
>>9393988

Well, the really obvious matches are the white set and the camel set. White set -- white boots, white bag and the white headbow you mentioned. Camel set -- camel-coloured shoes, bag, and either the blue headbow or gold headband. Either of these would work fine to give you a cohesive look.

Ditch the pink headbow, it doesn't really work well with anything else at all that's in your photo.

Now the reds. The shoes go along fine with the roses headband. But the book is a rather different colour. You say it's darker irl, but I can't really say that a photo of these two items together won't be nitpicked. For the red bag, I'd suggest going with mismatched neutrals, classic-style. So red bag, dark brown boots. Not too sure about the headwear though, you could try on all three (blue, gold and red roses) and just go with whichever you like best.

I'd go with lace tights instead of solid tights, looks better than a solid block. White would go all of the choices above. Navy would give a more slimming look, I'd advise against navy if you're going with the camel set, though.
>>
File: sweethat.jpg (67KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
sweethat.jpg
67KB, 600x360px
>>9394023

This hat would look great with it, if you can find it.
>>
>>9394434
Thanks for the input, that gives me some good ideas. I particularly wanted to use the bookbag because Belle is all about libraries and reading, but you're right in that it might look a bit mismatched. Also, it might just be your monitor, but the dress is actually a dark blue-green color, not navy. The pink headbow was considered because it matches the flowers on the patterned bits of the dress, but that's probably won't stand out in photos enough to warrant using it. I'll try to post an update once I get my legwear sorted out. When you say lace tights, are you talking more like a crochet style or nylon patterned ones? I have both.
>>
>>9394865

Yea, everything sort of has that yellow cast in the photo so I assumed the dress was navy. My bad.

Anyway, crochet lace tights always beats nylon, nylon looks a lot like raschel lace so I generally avoid it.

I did have the idea you were trying for something as close to her village dress as possible, yeah. I still wouldn't discount the book bag ensemble entirely, try the coord on and ask a friend in person whether it looks bad. Quite a lot of IW-style country/classic lolita uses somewhat mismatched bags/shoes, so it might still work out.
>>
File: 20170317_172604.jpg (135KB, 346x957px) Image search: [Google]
20170317_172604.jpg
135KB, 346x957px
>>9394883
i decided to go with nylons after all because after comparing them, most of my white crochet tights have a slightly yellowish cast to the material and I wanted it to be stark white to match the dress better. i also went with the green alice band and a pearl barette, but it's hard to see from this photo. hopefully there will be better cameras at the meetup. thanks for all your help, anon!
>>
File: mmm archangel skirt.jpg (773KB, 2620x1284px) Image search: [Google]
mmm archangel skirt.jpg
773KB, 2620x1284px
>>9369931
I love this skirt and saw what you were going for and I'm super bored so I made you a sample coord. Mostly echoing what other anons are saying and throwing in my 2 cents. Get a better blouse, one with a similar mature-gothic feel but a collar that doesn't suck. For the wig, make sure you style it, waves or even soft curls. I used the legwear/jewelry to bring in the legwear motif and picked out an understated Moitie headpiece
>>
>>9395541
forgot to add, a vintage doctor's bag would be a cool touch. It would really add to the "mature classic-y gothic" theme and add a little bit of macabre too
>>
File: trianon op.png (2MB, 2120x754px) Image search: [Google]
trianon op.png
2MB, 2120x754px
>>9369950
I took a stab at it too. I actually like the meme socks with it, the actual ones have a cute lace detail at the top. And lizjill on taobao makes replicas, but they sometimes make shoes in this gorgeous lavender that baby doesn't
>>
File: Collage_2017-03-16_08_50_50.jpg (173KB, 720x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Collage_2017-03-16_08_50_50.jpg
173KB, 720x1072px
Is there a way to coord holy lantern that isn't extreme stereotypical? Everything that I put together that i think is cute has already been done a lot.

[spoiler]I even tried to find chandelier-themed jewelry but it doesn't really exist[/spoiler]
>>
File: idk lel.png (623KB, 929x752px) Image search: [Google]
idk lel.png
623KB, 929x752px
recently got toy parade sk in black for casual/almost fk looks. No idea what to wear with it though. Here are a few ideas with things that I already own, but I'm open to buying things as well (need to build up that wardrobe amiright)

Also wondering: would a light or dark shirt work best? I can't really decide.
>>
>>9397143
I trhink that those tights are too bright, the pinks on the skirt are a lot lighter so it might be too loud. You could get away with any of those cutsews, but I think the mint (? or is it sax?) one would look best. I like the pastel sneakers, I would probably just try to find some socks or tights that are a little less... loud. You don't want to take away from the print on the skirt too much. Maybe just some light pastel striped socks or tights that match one of the colors on the skirt would look cute?
>>
>>9395589
Sure, maybe. Emphasize the sweetness of the dress and do more bows? Also, ditch the AB headdress and wear a matching headbow with some stars (not necessary star clips, but something celestial to match the moon/stars on the dress.)

Everyone tries so hard to make this dress gothic, I think if you flipped around and made it sweet and kawaii as hell it'd at least be different/interesting.
>>
File: 1026577195_722.jpg (64KB, 497x497px) Image search: [Google]
1026577195_722.jpg
64KB, 497x497px
>>9397892
the tights are closer to the colour in pic related (pink ver), and the bunny cutsew is sax.

I was thinking maybe to not be too busy, and for a "more" mature look, some black tights with the mary janes & the black unicorn cutsew maybe?
>>
>>9397967
I wouldn't do black, just because you;d be very unbalanced then. If you want to go solid, I'd pick a color from the skirt and wear that with the mary-janes maybe.
>>
>>9397966
I have the barrette that came with it, but I've honestly been having trouble finding any moon/stars headwear that isn't uggo, or just very small hairpins, and either of those options aren't very appealing. I also obviously want to avoid the stars hairclips just because... I hate them for being the go-to always no matter what.

Pic is just shitty examples from google, but maybe I could wear the barrette, and then add a bunch of these types of small hairclips or something? I found some cute moon and star acrylic rings and bracelets on etsy, I might also be able to contact the sellers and see if they can make them into hairclips.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1125x776px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1125x776px
>>9398013
ooops dropped pic
>>
> tfw napoleon marine looks like a nautical themed stripper costume on me

What kind of underskirt should I wear with this? The regular ruffly/light ones wouldn't suit the material and cut.
>>
>>9387940
Either of those would show off the blouse yeah.

>>9395589
The best way to make HL stand out imo is to use a different headdress. Like the another anon said, styling it more cutesy/sweet leaning rather than gothic is an idea too.
Some ideas to keep it gothic in a coord could be witch, devil, or nun themed rather than the bat thing everyone does. Pulling out the gold more with headwear and a bag could be nice too.

>>9399300
I'd try to match the cotton(?) lace trim at the bottom. So either a cotton underskirt or regular tiered skirt should be alright.
I wouldn't show maybe more than 1 or 2 extra tiers of skirt since you're right that it's kinda unsuited to the dress, just wear tights with it and own your height! I feel that ap pain girl.
>>
File: skirt.jpg (7KB, 236x298px) Image search: [Google]
skirt.jpg
7KB, 236x298px
>>9399300
That's a rough question. This looks like one of those AP dresses that has a layer of hard tulle underneath. That is what always creates that weird look. I would recommend getting a little creative and finding a similar black skirt with similar fabric weight and wearing it underneath.
>>
File: rk9ssRAmMlw.jpg (65KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
rk9ssRAmMlw.jpg
65KB, 600x461px
I'm making a themed twinset with a friend. She'll wear black taobao dress with golden dragons and I want to coordinate it with my JetJ Die Sterntaler. So it's basically "the Dragon and his gold", but die Sterntaler has a little bit coins on the dress and I want to add more treasure-themed elements to it and the only one thing I've thought about is AatP treasue bag. Assist me with some "treasury" hand-madeable accessories.
>>
how to coord when the main piece has no print? I mean, how to balance the colors so it looks good? For exemple, a high waisted drak blue skirt. I really dont like to wear blouse and socks in the same color.
>>
>>9402188
Pick either white or offwhite for your complimenting color to start until you have much more experience coordinating. Also pick a metal color for your accessories that works with the undertones of the rest of the coord. Generally speaking, gold looks better with warm undertones and silver with cool.
Can't put together a collage atm but my suggestion for something simple:
Dark blue hair accessory
White blouse
Silver necklace with a dark blue stone/pendant
Silver bracelets and rings with dark blue or white stones/charms
Dark blue skirt
White bag
White socks
Dark blue shoes

Finding shoes in the right color may prove to be a challenge, so if you decide to bring in another coordinating color like black or brown, match your bag and some of your smaller accessories to that color but nothing as large as your socks, blouse, or headwear. And again, mind your undertones.
>>
Gosh I feel so uninspired...I keep eyeing this blouse that's currently in reservation, and the design is so unique and beautiful, I adore it. But I can't for the life of me imagine how to coord it in a way other than sweet, which I don't wear. Of course it works with their series, and might work with similar things (Ragnarok skirt?) but otherwise my brain just isn't firing.
>>
>>9402209
Honestly the sleeves make me think classic or gothic, not sweet at all. What's in your wardrobe?
>>
>>9402215
I think it's the back bow, fluffy ruffled bottom, and the waist details making me think sweet (more of the ornate sweet, not pastels I mean).

Honestly I currently don't have anything that would really go with it. A few JSKs and OPs, only two skirts that are more casual. Still building my wardrobe. I was wanting to get more skirts down the line to make my wardrobe more mix-and-match and layerable. I guess I'm really overthinking all the different features of the blouse and should just buy it and try it, not too expensive anyways, I have no idea why my brain is hitting such a wall.
>>
>>9402209
i agree with other anon this is a super gothy blouse. go forth jareth, coord me deep into your labyrinth daddy
>>
File: AIOFlap-White.jpg (36KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AIOFlap-White.jpg
36KB, 800x1200px
>>9402198
White blouse and white socks is the problem. It makes me think of pic related, but with a skirt on. It also seems so lazy. I wish I kwen other coord options
>>
>>9402630
but the blouse and legwear can be totally different textures anon...
you can also use a blouse that can be left untucked
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (224KB, 434x399px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
224KB, 434x399px
>>9397966
>>9399791
What about something like this? Not 100% sure what to do about the tights/socks, those are just some pairs that I have on hand currently.
>>
I feel like the left socks are safe but the right are more interesting with the skirt.
Left or right?
>>
>>9407456
Right!
>>
>>9407456
Right +1
>>
>>9403536
yawn
>>
>>9402209
It's very ren faire, good thing bad thing take it or leave it. AATP's Ragnarok would probably go well with it, and the belt looks to be removable.
>>
I recently received a pair of pic related from a friend, but missing the bows and really badly scuffed. I sanded down the parts of the heel that were damaged and repainted the shoe allover white because I had an idea to do some DIY detailing on it, but now I'm hesitant because I don't know what direction to go in. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or had seen creatively done footwear that they would recommend. I was thinking about putting lace appliques on parts of the heel or toe? or maybe stenciling some designs on the platform in a metallic paint. i'm open to painting it different colors as well, I just started with white so that there'd be an even base coating. thanks in advance!
>>
>>9402209
where is this from? need source.
>>
File: tumblr_ofgj0kBHjR1szirvqo1_500.jpg (264KB, 477x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofgj0kBHjR1szirvqo1_500.jpg
264KB, 477x720px
>>9407835

If you want that's more easily wearable, then a plain coat of paint and some beaded anklet chain would work better. You can customize the chain by using star beads or whatever instead of the usual pearl chain to match your wardrobe.

If you're after a more costumey piece, you can try looking for Ever After High or Monster High cosplay shoes, Ever After High in particular has some pretty intricate shoes. A lot of the mods are nothing more than worbla, glue, rhinestones and paint though, so I don't know how long they'll last.
>>
>>9402630
what? It's pretty typical in (basic) lolita coords to match your blouse and legwear colors. It's really easy to break it up with short or 3/4 sleeve blouses and knee socks too if it really bothers you. Socks can be printed or pattered to bring out the main piece or accent color and blouses come in different textures and materials.
You sound really new so I suggest looking at people's coords and even just magazine pics for inspiration.

>>9403536
I like the headdress and necklace ideas. I would avoid those shoes and the bat rings/cuffs? if you really want to make it more unique. Maybe a lumiere or strappy bordello type heel could work? For the bag I think a book shaped bag could complement the veil well.

>>9407456
Definitely the right.
>>
>>9407637
Wow anon, truly you are the most helpful person in this coord help thread.
>>
So gulls, after years of waiting I finally have my dresm dress Honey Cake in ivory! I was thinking about getting this bag, but would it be too tacky? I've had Betsey Johnson bags in the past and liked them, but the sequin syrup part is putting me off a bit.
>>
>>9410139
Get it, it's a lovely bag and it will match the theme.
>>
File: 20170327_154502.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_154502.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
What do you guys think of these socks? Personally, i really dont think that they match at all. At first i assumed that they were too bright, so i tea stained them to match. But i still hate them.
Am i being too nit picky? I also own baby's tan and brown diamond socks.
Im looking for the bambi otks in the meantime.
I also have a matching red purse/backpack to go along with it.
>>
Would like some direction on how to coord this dress for casual lolita. Thanks.
>>
>>9410355
That looks way to short to even be casual lolita... it might just be the pic tho
>>
>>9380703
Off the shoulder blouse, there was someone posted to the ita thread that had used one and to be honest it was the best part of the coord.
>>9376584
Use the rule of threes. You have three mint so whichever color you choose needs to be your blouse, leg wear and bag. Pink and brown complement mint but there's also simple white with pink or brown accents.
>>9373252
Looks more maid to me, how about a simple black bow kc? I'm assuming an old school headdress would put you further into maid territory. I'm not sure if that's what you want.
>>
>>9410355
White blouse/cut sew and leg wear, mint beret or sun hat with mint shoes, and bread or biscuit bag. I'd go for cute long bloomers in mint if the skirt sits too high.
>>
>>9410314
The style don't suite the dress at all. Stripes are totally different from the print on the dress making the bottom super busy and clashing. This dress needs something more mature. I would also change boots since they don't really go with the dressy feel of the dress.
>>
>>9410405
Yeah like I said, I'm searching for the bambi otks. So far, no dice.
>>
>>9410405
Also what do you suggest for shoes? I have trouble finding comfortable quality shoes that fit. My feet I need about a US size 2.
Boot are easier for me because it's okay if they're a little larger.
>>
>>9410358
It is way to short. I was thinking of buying a underskirt. But idk what to do with it personally, i love the print though.
>>
>>9410378
It does sit to high. Thats my problem i dont know where to go with it, was thinking of a underskirt but may do the bloomers
>>
>>9410627
I don't know how this would look with it, but personally I love mint.cream combos
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/new-melikestea-mariah-chiffon-underskirt
>>
>>9410660
You read my mind, I was just about to buy that lol and ya work a coord around the color scheme, thanks.
>>
>>9410314
I might get these shoes to go with the coord instead. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WEONEDREAM-Children-s-Leather-Shoes-Girls-Performance-Autumn-2016-Infantil-Fashion-Brand-Dress-Black-Princess-Kids/32733016731.html?spm=2114.01020108.3.437.AUCjGe&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10130_10068_433_434_10136_10137_10138_10060_10062_10141_10056_10055_10054_10059_10531_10099_10530_129_10103_10102_10096_10052_10144_10053_10050_10107_10142_10051_10143_10526_10529_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10078_10079_10073_10070_10122_10123_10124-10531,searchweb201603_9,afswitch_1,ppcSwitch_5_ppcChannel,single_sort_0_default&btsid=aa977aa6-6be8-4de1-b71c-a157a7b24907&algo_expid=51cb29d6-855e-421e-8802-becde10fa6e3-19&algo_pvid=51cb29d6-855e-421e-8802-becde10fa6e3
>>
>>9410314
honestly i think its cute and workable but im into tacky shit so dont listen to me
>>
File: 393937-480-2015-06-14192354.jpg (48KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
393937-480-2015-06-14192354.jpg
48KB, 250x333px
I've had these OTKs for years and while they used to match my style, I've transitioned away from having a pastel-filled wardrobe to wearing primarily dark/jewel tones.

As such, I'm having trouble trying to coordinate something around these socks. Any inspo or advice appreciated.

more photos: https://lolibrary.org/items/iw-forget-me-not-and-rose-otks
>>
>>9370656
ot but can I ask where those cream shoes in 1 are from?
>>
found a high-necked, ruffled blouse while thrifting yesterday. it doesn't photograph well (looks red) but in actuality it's like this neon coral red/orange, pic related.
i love using vintage secretary blouses in lolita so I bought it even though the color is weird, but now I'm wondering whether I should dye it black just to save myself the effort of trying to coordinate it. like should i wait and see if i can find a print that uses this color, or does anyone know of one already? the other option i was considering was just wearing it in a retro-inspired kind of coordinate, navy skirt, low-key accessories, some kind of old-fashioned hat like a cloche or something, and calling it a day.
>>
File: image.png (903KB, 1138x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
903KB, 1138x688px
My comm is having a mermaid meet next month and I would like opinions and suggestions. The shoes match the dress much better irl so please ignore the color here. Do either of these tights work? If not, what would you suggest?
>>
>>9413762
the purple tights look way better than the pink. just try them on first to make sure they don't lose pigmentation when stretched.
>>
File: bambicoord.png (454KB, 649x563px) Image search: [Google]
bambicoord.png
454KB, 649x563px
>>9410314
Okay so I bought some things and this is what I now have going for the coord.
The purse is only the same in color. The one I actually have is a handbag/back packpurse with a rose motif on the flap.
For the headwear, I am torn between one of those flower headbands from sweet mildred with other forest themes in it (a pinecone and twigs)
Bodyline's acc1366 in brown
or their hat160 in brown
I'm leaning towards the hat or the headband
>>
>>9410139
that's rly cute
>>
File: IMG_3415.jpg (425KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3415.jpg
425KB, 500x600px
I would appreciate any help with this
>>
>>9410139
OMG GET IT!
>>
>>9416983
Bring out the mint, lavender or sax in the print for leg wear, head bow and bag. Do pink shoes.
>>
>>9410314

To be honest, I like it because of the colors, but also agree that the theme doesn't fit. But something that matches in those colors would be really cute, IMO.
>>
>>9416354
That bag looks bad and not lolita and both the bodyline accessories are shitty looking. I would find better quality stuff secondhand maybe.
>>
>>9417495
I just said the bag was just the same color. And the only body line accessories is two out of three head pieces.
Nearly everything else is burando save the rings.
>>
>>9417275
should I do printed tights with those colors or solid colors?
>>
>>9418241
Solid, the print of the dress is already very busy
>>
For Elizabeth Bride of Death in navy, do you think a navy blouse or a white blouse would be nicer? A darker navy like on the bows and the panel in the middle would be really nice, but I'll have to find an exact match and the dress won't be here for a while.
>>
File: PicsArt_04-03-10.51.03.jpg (566KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_04-03-10.51.03.jpg
566KB, 2048x2048px
I'm very new and only ever done one casual coord. I'm going to a tea party in a few weeks and was hoping to get my ass in gear for this. I'd be wearing the wig in twin braids with flat pearls all over, that purse but in white, and some kind of frilly ankle sock. Plz help
>>
>>9416983
I personally coorded the JSK in that colour with ivory and it went pretty well.
>>
>>9417585
Post the bag you're using then. Don't use the bodyline headwear at all, again, they look cheap and shitty.

>>9420472
You could definitely work with either, but white is probably easier for color matching like you said. Burgandy/wine is another option too.

>>9420715
Is the wig the same color as the dress? It's hard to tell. I would swap it for something more natural looking like blond or milk tea color/ whatever suits your complexion. Those shoes and the bag are a bit sad looking for a tea party coord, it would be better if you could find pieces with more detail. A star or moon bag would be a good option to match the dress's print, and shoes with a bow detail or something would look nice too. I wonder if ankle socks would look too casual for this, especially with the gloves and pearls? You might want to consider lace or constellation patterned tights.
>>
>>9420805
It's difficult to find an online picture of it because I picked it up at a market in Mexico. It's hand made. It's the same shape and size as a rondeseru.
In that case, I'll just wear the sweet mildred headband.
>>
>>9420805
Purple tea party anon, do you know anywhere with constellation tights I can get in the next 2 weeks?
>>
>>9420812
>Market
>Mexico
Ditch the bag and buy a proper one.
>>
>>9420910
It's actually high quality. It's really nice.
>>
File: yoJC2KkAiOFi4eHjji.gif (841KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
yoJC2KkAiOFi4eHjji.gif
841KB, 450x254px
>>9420913
>>
File: Untitled_1.jpg (195KB, 588x442px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_1.jpg
195KB, 588x442px
I'm making a coord for a tea party but there's something that seems quite off... and I don't know what it is.
>>
>>9420986
It's the horn. I know it's supposed to be OTT and I'm all for putting the kitchen sink on yr head for something like that, but the horn jutting out from the bonnet just looks really off. One or the other would work imo, but not both.
If you had something else to balance out the navy blue in the print that'd be a nice touch, maybe work it into whatever headwear you decide on?
>>
>>9420913
post pics
>>
File: Untitle_2.jpg (204KB, 588x442px) Image search: [Google]
Untitle_2.jpg
204KB, 588x442px
>>9420992
Something like this?
>>
File: 1491259028888-1997887254.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1491259028888-1997887254.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>9420996
Here. Its kind of worn because i've had it for 6 odd years and it once got crushed in storage due to someone else's carelessness.
The straps on the back unzip so it can be used as a back pack.
>>
>>9421014
>rondeseru
Sorry to crush you, but that's not the same shape a a rondeseru.
>>
File: woahabadass.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
woahabadass.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>9421018
Sorry, I guess.
>>
File: jskseekingblouse.jpg (29KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
jskseekingblouse.jpg
29KB, 250x334px
Help figuring out an appropriate blouse for this. I've tried a few and they all look awful. I'm thinking of trying something in burgundy. The neckline sits really high. Would a bolero in lieu of a blouse be considered Ita? Help, help, double help.
>>
>>9421027
Personally, I think a bolero would be fine due to how high the neckline is. Your shoulders and cleavage would be covered, so you'd be fine.
I'd just wear a choker or some short necklace to balance out that negative space.
>>
>>9421037
I was thinking a choker too! Thanks, anon. A bolero seemed like a good choice because blouses have been feeling and looking so awkward. Even the IW stock photos with blouse unsettle my eyes.
>>
File: Phalloides.jpg (41KB, 490x637px) Image search: [Google]
Phalloides.jpg
41KB, 490x637px
I have this coming in the mail but I don't know what to do with it. Please help me!
>>
I posted about some misc problems in Lolita general and had a question about it that seemed more appropriate here
>>9421321
Is my dress - I'm not sure what other colors to coord it with. I have some brown shoes that are a similar color, with a touch of darker brown that would go pretty decently. I also have a brown/cream/gold handbag that I like, but doesn't have to go well.

Any recommendations, preferably also one that includes a waist sash?
>>
>>9421337
Oooh gosh where can I buy this?
>>
>>9421355
It was a pre-order from Ista Mori.
>>
File: IMG_20170403_224435.jpg (592KB, 1564x778px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_224435.jpg
592KB, 1564x778px
I'm thinking a high neck long sleeve ivory blouse with this skirt and vintage military cap. No clue about legwear or shoes. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9413479
Lief Gardenberries comes to mind, but I'm not sure about others. I think this would also be a great statement color in classic, think with a non-print IW ivory or beige JSK. I'm not sure if I can see it working too well with navy, but possibly more like an aqua, if you're going for a unique color scheme.
>>
File: milkyswandmc.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
milkyswandmc.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
I'm in desperate need of some guidance! I'll be attending my first big event which is DMC later this year in August and I'm really struggling to come up with a coord I really like. I'm not really inspired by any of the dresses I own and there aren't any other releases that have interested me.

I'm trying to work with this Milky Swan JSK I received as a gift but I'm really struggling to balance the colour. The mint is much more of a teal in real life and I'm a bit unsure on what colour scheme to go with. I'm also trying to go for an ethereal, swan queen sort of vibe but I'm unsure if this is coming through or not. Kind of struggling to find appropriate accessories too.

Any advice/concrit would be much appreciated! I really want to come up with an interesting coord but I'm worried this is all a bit lacking.
>>
Quick question, if I have white tights should I go with white shoes or cream/nude? Will the nude look off? Or should I try matching to the dress color
>>
>>9421656
Cream and nude are two very different colors and you can match just about any color shoe to white tights depending on what the rest of your coord is like.
>>
>>9421651
>>9421651
I feel like a blouse and gloves in white would be better.
The mask is too classic for the bag, shoes and wing accessories. I also hate the crown, but if you really want to incorporate it, you have to add more Gold jewellery to Balance it out.

As far as the themes go, I would choose either swans & crowns or swans & roses. All three of them could make you look like a clusterfuck. Attention to those details is what seperates good OTT from "I just piled on whatever I had" coords.
>>
>>9421684
>Anonymous 04/04/17(Tue)11:50:53 No.942
Thanks for the input! The mask was an attempt to incorporate the theme of the event (dream masquerade carnival). Is there a way you would recommend to incorporate it without it seeming out of place/style?
>>
>>9421690
You can still wear a mask! I think that a simpler, cuter mask would go better with the shoes, bag and wing clips. Maybe one that's just covered in white feathers, with a few big-ish pearls as decoration?
If you want to wear a mask as detailed as the ones in your collage, the whole vibe of the coord has to change. You should switch to more classic/elegant looking shoes, jewellery and bag, maybe even wear ivory x gold legwear.

You could always wait until the whole coord comes together and then make a mask that suits it. Maybe use the jewellery you end up with as inspiration for it.
>>
File: annoying dog.gif (676B, 44x38px) Image search: [Google]
annoying dog.gif
676B, 44x38px
>>9420986
needs more blue? Ditch the plain white stockings and go for something with blue accents on it. IW OTKS come to mind.
>>
>>9373327
Detachable sleeves from other dresses or blouses are also an option for warm days!
>>
>>9395589
I feel like since you've gone with black tights you should go for red shoes, too.
>>
>>9421741
Yeah you're totally right. I think I was being too literal/generic with the style of the mask and not really thinking outside of the box. Thanks again anon you've been a big help!
>>
File: 20170406_105220.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_105220.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Floor coord that i want to wear tomorrow.
I feel like i might need a little more pink.
Probably in the tights/socks but idk where i can get some on such short notice.
I have ankle socks but it's going to be cold tomorrow. So I needed to change the legwear on short notice.
Would plain light pink tights be doable? I'm very small by western standards and i can just get girls tights from kohls.
>>
>>9421337
I thought those where dicks anon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>9424593
This is very plain but that's exactly why I love it!

Maybe add a pink bowtie the same shade as your skirt? I could see that working well.

You know what else would be cute with this outfit? Hair like pic shown;

For the tights, I think they're fine, but try looking at textured? IDK I love basic coords, so either work
>>
>>9425172
I have textured. I already switched it out.
>>
>>9424593

Switch the blouse out, it seems kind of problematic. I'd even go with a cutsew or whatever you can find instead of this.

To start with, it's very plain, doesn't really look lolita and more like a confused office blouse trying to be fabulous and not really getting there. If you're stuck with this blouse, at least see if you can DIY some lines of lace down the front so it doesn't look so plain.

If the blouse is going to be tucked in, the skirt needs to have a proper waistband. If the skirt has an elastic waistband all the way around, then the blouse needs some ruffles or something at the bottom, the plain edge here looks unfinished when it's not tucked in. If you can't change the blouse and the skirt waistband is fully elastic, tuck the blouse in, add a belt, and try to sit still so the belt keeps covering the elastic waistband.

I think the hat could do with an additional fruit brooch or something as well, but that's getting into nitpick territory.
>>
>>9425416
Er, the blouse IS a lolita blouse from I do Declare.
Im not modifying the hat. Its from Meta. No way in hell am i modifying burando.
Its from the same set as the skirt, which i have no idea how you didnt recognize it, which both of those things make me take your advice into question.
>>
>>9425204
>anon gives you some nice advice
>ignored just to "well actually" her about the tights

>>9425432
>anon points out that the blouse looks too normie
>you argue with her based on blouse's brand
>adding a brooch to a hat is "modifying brand"
>implying advice on making the theme you're choosing to feature pop a little more means anon is a Bad Lolita

Jesus anon clean that sand out of your vag.
>>
>>9425436
>anon gives you some nice advice
>ignored just to "well actually" her about the tights
Uh, not at all? i agreed with her that textired was better and I had already switched it out for the textured.

>anon points out that the blouse looks too normie
>you argue with her based on blouse's brand
She said it was problematic and a confused office worker blouse, i pointed out that it wasnt. Its called clarifying.

Her uncertainty regarding the construction of the skirt and the hat is kind of iffy in my opinion, is all.
It was more of "do you not recognize it when it says metamorphose all over it?" If someone cant recognize a big brand, id assume that theyre new and may not be the best to take advice from.

Youre assuming way to much about me, anon. Maybe youre projecting the sand in your vagina onto me?
>>
>>9425448
The hat is pretty bland. How would you expect someone who isn't a metafag to recognize the hat as a matching accessory to the skirt? It has a pink bow. It could match literally any pink skirt. You want to carry around that cheap ass bag but don't want to add any cute lemon details like a brooch or pin to the hat?
The blouse looks like a cheap office lady blouse because it's style is very mature and classic compared to the very sweet and casual styling of the skirt, hat, and AliExpress bag.

Different anon then the one your replying to. Just trying to clarify why your coming off as a winey cunt. I recognized the hat as the matching accessory to that print but only because I am obsessed with that particular series. But even to me you come off as a major it's faggot. Wear your shit-tier Coord out. I'll see you when you're posted to the it's thread. You deserve it for your attitude alone.
>>
>>9425448
The brand of the blouse does not make it look more lolita, anon. You are way too attached to the brands and completely ignoring the fact that people are offering you advice based on the looks of your coord, not its brand name.

First anon said a lot more than just tights advice, that is what you completely ignored.
>>
>>9425448
Also re-reading >>9425416
She wasn't confused about the skirt's construction, she was giving you advice on how to wear the shirt (tucked or not) based on what the waistband of it looks like.

BTW don't set your shoes on top of your precious burando, and at least un-crumple your tights for a photo. Wouldn't hurt to learn to rotate your photos for posting as well.
>>
>>9425448
Not anon who gave you advice, but I don't know this series off the top of my head either. Someone else who doesn't wear sweet often or mostly wears other brands probably wouldn't recognize it either. Besides, doesn't Meta usually do elastic waist skirts as well as normal waist? Anon's thought process was completely understandable.

Also, brand is irrelevant. Blouse is not suited to this coord, I would rather see this with a ruffly cutsew or a sweeter blouse, a peter pan collar would look much better.

I'm not sure how adding a brooch onto a hat is damaging it, either. I pin bows to my Baby berets all the time to tie in other colors. The tiny pinpricks after shouldn't even be visible.

But go ahead. Be a cunt while other anons are giving you perfectly sound advice.
>>
File: harlequinade.jpg (616KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
harlequinade.jpg
616KB, 500x600px
I'm trying to find some gold shoes (preferably glitter bc i'm a slut for glitter) and a bag to go with harlequinade for my comm's event in august so i'd love to take in suggestions and any links to shit to buy would be so appreciated
>>
File: 3143_7a_1.jpg (16KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
3143_7a_1.jpg
16KB, 440x440px
I have super narrow feet and high arches, so I have never brought shoes online and usually wear Victorian style ankle boots, heeled Oxfords or simple heeled t bar or mary jane shoes with lolita.
However I'm going to Disneyworld in October and want to wear some casual lolita while I'm there- a few Halloween themed coords in particular.
Guven how much walking I will be doing, I need shoes which are comfortable and supportive and designed for narrow feet, so I was considering these.
How ita am I going to look? I won't be posting on COF or anywhere but I want to be able to upload holiday pics to my personal fb without making my friends cringe...
>>
>>9430097
I totally understand your need for comfy shoes but these are quite ugly. Are there really no better options?
>>
>>9430101
There may be better options, but I haven't found any yet. It's very hard to find something that comes narrow enough that doesn't look like an orthopedic shoe... Even the company that makes these don't make their nicer styles in my width fitting - sadly not even the Oxfords.

I guess It's lucky I have a few months yet, I can do a trawl of every shoe shop in a 30 mile radius to try to find something. I can sometimes luck out with Italian shoes...
>>
>>9430113
Good luck, anon! It's not going to be an easy task but I've got my fingers crossed for your success.
>>
>>9430097
anon no those are literally childrens school shoes and are very cringe
>>
File: download (3).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>9430097
>>9430113

If you lean sort of sweet and are willing to dress down a lot, seems like a good time to dig out the ole sneakers + cutsew type of coords.
>>
File: halloweensneakers.jpg (109KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
halloweensneakers.jpg
109KB, 800x600px
>>9430145

And because I'm procrastinating, some sample casual Halloween lolita sneaker coords. Sorry everything on the left is so warm, Halloween releases tend to be for colder weather.
>>
>>9430145
>>9430176
I lean classic and gothic normally, but I'm fond of kitchy Halloween prints so Disneyworld feels like the place for them.

I would love to find some cute sneakers to fit, maybe in black with lavender accents.

Also forgive my ignorance but I can't see how the plain nikes you posted are any less ugly with lolita than the school shoes? Sadly that style of trainer has never fit me from any make anyway- I have to wear hi tops, with insoles, which makes the cute sneakers are more likely bet anyway.
>>
File: dress.jpg (87KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
87KB, 450x600px
So question, is there an actual brand dress with a print like this? Cause I kind of super love it and would be willing to track down the actual brand version.
>>
>>9430840
>actual brand
I mean that's infantas print and design. But there are a lot of Halloween themed dresses. I guess AatP is your best bet for that.
>>
>>9430764

To start with, some people just don't like particular styles of shoes. And there's something about the kind of thick, chunky strap shoes that seem to annoy some people, they are kind of like the crocs of Lolita shoes, thick and chunky instead of cute and elegant.

When it comes to sneakers, it's really the t-shirt-material cutsews that pull things together. There's something about t-shirts, sneakers and knit socks that go together as an acceptable, maybe even cliched look. So it's really easy to put together a casual lolita look.

The chunky strap shoes you posted have the problem of being mistaken as good substitutes for lolita shoes by newbies who don't see that it's chunkyness makes it unsuitable for more formal coords. It can work in some coords, but it's harder to find the sweet spot where the outfit isn't too formal and yet not too relaxed either. There are plenty of bad examples out there and very few ones where they work well as casual shoes. So most people are prejudiced against them before they even see your coord.
>>
>>9410314
They don't go with the dress or shoes, but somehow, they're very eye pleasing together
>>
>>9430844
thank you. I found it on aliexpress that's why I asked.
>>
>>9431060
Thank you for posting a clear explanation.
I'm going to have to hunt everywhere for shoe options I think.
1. Some less cringe shoes for blouse coords, I may be able to get some Oxford style shoes which will fit well enough with an insole... If the shoe shopping gods smile on me.
2. Cute sneakers for cutsew coords. Although I have no idea where to start looking for a pair that are narrow enough.
>>
File: anklesocks.jpg (69KB, 1018x477px) Image search: [Google]
anklesocks.jpg
69KB, 1018x477px
Just want to know if these would be considered ita. Hard to find decent ankle socks that would get here by the end of the month for a con.
>>
>>9380703
I've worn this with a black bat collar cutsew I bought from the lolita collective (pic related). I took the ribbons for the upside-down pentagram and stuck them down into the bodice of the dress. It looked cute and made for a comfy everyday look. I hope you enjoy your unusual jsk, anon!
>>
>>9394185
Do you mean the art theft drama or did something else happen?
>>
>>9432308

Remove that sorry excuse for a bow and it's fine.

(If you desperately need a bow to complete your coord, buy some grosgrain ribbon and make your own to replace this with.)
>>
Quick question: wristcuffs with this type of princess sleeves, yea or nay?

I can't decide if I like the look or not.
>>
>>9434047
I do it, but only because I have giant man hands that I need to offset with the ruffles. Bracelets look much nicer with princess sleeves.
>>
>>9430097
An update on shoes. I managed to get some Oxford style made from real leather which are nicely padded and sturdy. They didn't have my width fitting but I am able to made the next width up work with insoles. Just need to swap the laces out for nicer ribbon ones.
Will keep an eye out for cute sneakers too!
>>
>>9434067

Actually that's surprisingly helpful, I think I do mildly dislike them because I have dainty wrists that wristcuffs hide. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>9370656
Honestly, they are all pretty nice, I like 3 the best, but that's just my opinion. Do you own all these items already or are you just buying stuff for whichever coord you like the most? I would get all the stuff you've pictured, loads of great versatile coordinating options.
>>
File: 3309053059_b9c4384ed2_b.jpg (517KB, 914x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3309053059_b9c4384ed2_b.jpg
517KB, 914x1024px
Not sure if this is the right thread, but how the fuck did Kammie do these present wrap curl things she always wore on her head? I can't for the life of me figure out how she got them to be so neat
>>
>>9434327
Have you never curled ribbon before? You get plastic ribbon, the kind you'd use to wrap a present and curl them with scissors by opening up your scissors, pressing the ribbon onto the sharp edge with your thumb and gently pulling the scissors away from your body down the length of the ribbon. It should give you even curls.
>>
>>9434047
I think that type of sleeve looks better with just some dainty bracelets. when the sleeve is that big and low, having 4-5inches of skin poking out looks really awkward, especially with such an elegant sleeve opening. this is my $0.02
>>
>>9434357
Yeah, that part I get, I'm just wondering how she made them into wearable acessories? Bobby pins? Hot glue? I'm retarded when it comes to crafts ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 236x236px
>>9427302
maybe stereotypical but I've always thought these would look really cute with that print and slightly over the top princess style?

depending on your level of accepting replicas (or if you just have western size feet like me), you can get cheap ones in taobao, my friend has some and she says they are great quality.
>>
>>9434362
That big bow has lots of places to hide the ends of the ribbons, so I can't say for sure. You could definitely add it to an existing headbow, or attach it to a bobby pin or clip and use a charm or button to hide the end.
>>
>>9434370
i'm the anon you're replying to! i want those shoes so bad but unfortunately i'm wearing harlequinade to an ap event so replicas are a no go;;; those are the exact shoes i always have in mind for what i want the coord to look like too bad i have westerner hobbit feet that'd trash them so fast
>>
>>9427302
Bella Vita's Nettie in champagne comes to mind. Their stock photos make the shoes seem more silver for some reason.
>>
>>9434605
omg i love these! the only problem is i'm a uk gull and they seem to be an american brand?
>>
File: 4255-17a_1[1].jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
4255-17a_1[1].jpg
66KB, 700x700px
>>9434677
Canadian gull so i feel your pain to a lesser extent. Irregular Choice has some options too if you haven't already looked at them, though they're a lot more... kitschy.
>>
>>9434681
thank you anon! i'll give them a look
>>
File: countryofsweetshelp.jpg (88KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
countryofsweetshelp.jpg
88KB, 800x462px
Gulls, I could use some help. I'm planning a coord using AP's Country of Sweets JSK in the black colorway. Matching overknees and an AP Cupcake necklace are coming in the mail soon (pic related).
I'd generally like to keep it dark and incorporate the sweets from the print somehow.
Since the dress also has this polkadot border, I'm wondering if I should incorporate polkadots? I was thinking about getting a headdress/hairband in black with white dots and then maybe pimping it with some small accessories that are shaped like the sweets in the print (brooches or hairclips). Or would that look dumb?
I'm also wondering if this bag would be a match for the dress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sweet-Lollipop-Messenger-bags-Mini-lovely-girl-children-zipper-candy-bowknot-pink-cross-body-female-shoulder/32631683799.html
Also, what kind of blouse do you think goes best with the dress?

I'm still pretty much a n00b and usually wear really simple stuff to small-scale meet-ups, but this is supposed to be my first time at a bigger, "proper" event and I'm a bit nervous.
>>
File: 422654-1073-2015-07-23874559.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
422654-1073-2015-07-23874559.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
I really want to try something different with this jsk for an event coming up. I was thinking of doing a different theme like I have a sailor cutsew so doing something sailor moon inpsired or Alice is on the print so maybe Alice in wonderland? I'm just not sure how to go about that without being too cosplay.
>>
File: IMG_20170415_143641172.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_143641172.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
In 2 weeks I'll go to my first high tea party easter themed. Need help with the color balance, I'm thinking of buying a white boleto to go all pink and off white. Tights or anckle socks?
Open to any concrit or advice I'll appreciate so much, please guide me.
>>
>>9435704
So do you want white or off white? I think both at the same time are a bit too unbalanced.
>>
File: c7fd0807fe.jpg (120KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
c7fd0807fe.jpg
120KB, 450x675px
This dress has been sitting in my closet for a while now, not exactly sure what to do with it? But i think it's really cute, so i don't want to get rid of it.

It's hot as fuck where I'm from, so I'm definitely going to wear white, frilly ankle socks and pink shoes, and carry around a pink parasol for shade. I'm at a total loss on what to do regarding wig color/head piece/wrist cuff color though.

Any ideas gulls?
>>
>>9436812
>wearing a blouse with an OP
No.
>wig color
A natural shade that goes with your skin tone. Head piece should be something something sax or pink, since you're going with that. I'd go with chunky bear jewelry, glass bead bracelets and the like. Sax wrist cuffs, not pink.
You seem new, just from the blouse comment (unless you have the jsk and posted the wrong image) so I wouldn't go overboard. Don't forget your petti.
>>
>>9436982
Am I blind? where does their post mention a blouse?
>>
File: 1492389346263.png (797KB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492389346263.png
797KB, 800x960px
Wanting genuine crit thanks.
>>
>>9437362
There's a lot wrong with this.
>blouse is white, skirt is cream? Off white? Can't tell because of quality
>pink bow?
The skirt has pink trim and waist, but if you want to incorporate that into the coord, you need to spread it out. That splash of pink right on the back of your head isn't doing it. A smaller bow and maybe some pink jewellery would help.
>why the fawn shawl?
Dress has bears. Don't mix motifs unless you know what you're doing.
>shoes look too big for your feet, and also don't match the colour scheme

Really, just scrap this entire coordinate. It's really, really bad. Individually, the pieces aren't that bad, but put together, it's a mess.
>>
>>9437362

This honestly looks like you heard that IW is a classic brand and all classic things go together. IW does sweet, classic and in between, actually. The puppies jsk in pink is definitely too sweet for the shoes, they make the shoes look manly and ugly.

The colour balance is pretty off, too. I get what you're going for with the brown cape matching the teddy bear and dog in the print, but visually there's this huge brown block on top, some bit of pink and the rest of the coord is all white/ivory. You do kind of need to spread out the other colours throughout the coord. If you want the brown capelet to work, go with camel-coloured/brown shoes, use a matching totebag to carry your shopping in. Try to chose socks that have matching pink or brown (preferably both) in them. If you prefer to switch out the capelet, switch to a lighter-colour capelet (white lace capelet would look cute, and you'd be able to see more of the pink bodice), a hair bow that's white with pink accents (instead of solid pink), sweeter shoes.

I guess it does seem like you'd end up having to replace quite a lot of the coord. Might be easier to start over from scratch like other anon suggested.
>>
>>9369931
Right now this seem a more dark classic than gothic. Headdress or canotier, a more elegant blouse, and some chunkier shoes.
>>
>>9437064
There's no mention of a blouse. I'm amused at anon giving such condescending advice based entirely on something OP didn't say.
>>
>>9437366
Nayrt but that shawl doesn't look like a fawn shawl to me. No white speckles, unless just the pearls count?
>>
>>9436982
Hubris is always man's downfall, anon.
>>
>>9435620
Cosplay territory happens when you start focusing more on the character and less on it being lolita. I think a sailor moon inspired coord would look nice. I would go about it with the sailor cutsew and perhaps moon or star jewelry to give that celestial sailor feel. If you can put your natural hair into a Usagi-esq style go for it but if not just try and opt for moon/celestial hair accessories. Couple it with a sailor moon inspired bag like that GU artemis one or the one that has a billion taobao copies.
>>
>>9437366
Blouse is a cream, off white colour to match with the general colour of the dress itself.
>Dress has bears
It's actually puppies. But the shawl itself does look like it's been thrown in there randomly.

>>9437462
I was actually aiming for something in between sweet and classic. The dress cut is classic but the print sweet, the socks sweet, the cape sweet, shoes classic.

Yeah it does look quite blocky as well. Definitely need to scrap the thing and try again.
>>
>>9437614

>sweet: dress print, socks, cape, hairbow
>classic: shoes. Only.

You can see how it's pretty unbalanced, right? The dress cut isn't even visible under the capelet, you might as well have been wearing a sugary sweet Baby skirt and still have the same effect.
>>
>>9435736
Off white bolero** my bad
>>
>>9421337
If you're still around did you go for the pink colourway anon? I have the skirt in pink on its way and i'm thinking of doing a cream blouse and lace tights with burgundy/red mary janes or tan heeled brogues. Burgundy cardigan or bolero for when it gets chilly. Mushroom and moth themed pins and jewelry and I went with the matching pink bows. Hope that helps! I had trouble finding inspo, the ista mori tag on insta is like a nameless poem shrine.
>>
File: IW cardigan.png (2MB, 4032x1685px) Image search: [Google]
IW cardigan.png
2MB, 4032x1685px
I'm really tired so I'll probably look at this post tomorrow and cringe at my stupidity but...

I definitely want to use this velour cardigan over a JSK in frumpy classic coord. I just don't know what kind of color to go for. I saw this bag and thought I could try and match the JSK to the creamy gold color, but that was hard to do. so I also tried to just pick a cool pink similar to the pink on the roses on the cardigan. My personal favorites right now are the dresses on either end, but I just really can't tell haha. I'm also not 100% sold on using the bag with the cardigan, but I figured it might help me tie some things together. I'm planning on going with dark red shoes tights are also up in the air. I have plenty of wine red headwear and will probably wear my hair in curls.
>>
>>9437834

I got the pink colorway, the matching bow and the corset. I had trouble finding inspo as well.
>>
File: coord.jpg (475KB, 1420x1588px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
475KB, 1420x1588px
I've been tempted to make a strawberry coord with actual strawberry colors: dark green, red and salmon pink.
As I cringe with the idea... maybe it could work?
What do you think, gulls?
>>
>>9440619
None of those reds are going to match, and neither are the greens

You need to find better colour matching items
>>
>>9440619
That's one of my main wardrobe themes Anon! I love strawberries and working with bolder colours.
As the other Anon said, the shades of these items don't match at all. Green especially can be hard to work with shade-wise so I'd suggest either going with dark green like the top or a bright green like the shoes (I'd love a source for them btw)
Also keep to 3 colours max, for strawberry coords your palette can be red/pink, dark green/bright green/mint, white/black.
Lastly be careful not to use too many bold colours in one coord, my usual formula is: Bold hair accessories, main piece, sometimes top (base coloured tops can also work.), bold shoes and small bold accent pieces like rings and all the rest (tights, bigger accessories like wristcuffs and bags) in the base colour white/offwhite/black.

If you're looking for bolder coloured items Metamorphose is usually my go to.
>>
File: boobruffle.png (11KB, 361x462px) Image search: [Google]
boobruffle.png
11KB, 361x462px
Not posting actual dress for anonymity (since not many actually own this dress), but I have a dress that looks similar to this & it's got a boob ruffle that has the same pattern from the bottom of the dress. What type of blouse would I wear with it? I was thinking something with a ruffle puritan collar, but I'm not sure.
Also this will be for a spring coord, so short sleeve maybe...?
>>
>>9440619
Also i think that is a poor bag choice, it looks like an apple.
>>
File: IMG_20170420_093545.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_093545.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>9440687
>>9440634
The shoes are from bodyline. Can't remember the code.
Pic related

The way you describe the dark themes is exactly what I wanted. You put it in the right words!
The AP dress is more of an orange color, but I thought it resembles a strawberry itself.
>>
What blouse should I wear with this JSK? Or should I just wear a shawl? I already have a coord in mind, but I'm stumped on what blouse I should wear.
>>
>>9442195
I would skip wearing a blouse and opt for a lightweight shawl or bolero. The jsk almost looks like a op with that kind of lacey collar.
>>
>>9442195
>>9442200
I disagree. A bolero or shawl will hide the unique sleeve details. I think a white blouse with lace or transparent ish sleeves would look really pretty.
>>
>>9442212
>>9442200 here! I was thinking of the shrug or bolero being layered under the frills. But I do agree that a blouse with slightly sheer or lacey sleeves would be lovely.
>>
>>9439065
Hello fellow frumpy classic grandma! I think taupe or beige is definitely a good option. The pinks on the left and right look good but I wonder if the middle is a bit bright? I think you could get away with more red-pink shades, foresty or olive greens, yellows, and brown color dresses as well-- it seems like an outer with lots of pairing options. Honestly more than the dress color I would be concerned about its waistline and waist details since it would affect how the cardigan sits and it seems to hit a lower length than say, a bolero.
Another thing to consider I guess is how a velour cardigan would look with a light, fluffy dress like the (chiffon?) tiered one on the far left. It might end up looking too top heavy or mismatched. In my opinion something with more solid, structured, or with wintery/fall kind of fabric would be more suited. The right beige and left pink seem to match that look best. If you can see if you can find some dresses with woven or gobelin materials, I think that could be very complementary.
The bag looks like a nice match to me!

>>9441963
Just post the actual dress lol no one can tell what this shitty doodle is supposed to be
>>
Saging because I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but any suggestions on AP items that are best for tall lolitas (5'8")? I know magical etoile and rose toilette are good
>>
>>9442433
That is all great advice, thank you. Maybe an excuse to branch out to finally adding olive green to my wardrobe too. For now I decided on the right-most beige dress with the brown ribbon accent. I'm gonna pair it with brown ribbon oxfords and rose/ribbon print IW OTKS. Thank you for understanding my vision and helping me realize it!
>>
>>9421013
I like it a lot more. Cute purse.
>>
File: IMG_20170420_171301.jpg (477KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_171301.jpg
477KB, 1024x1820px
Floor coord here. I feel like I have a lot of good concepts here but I think it can be executed a lot better. I want to offset all the wine and black with some pearls but I don't know if it's working in my favor. I definitely need some advice on accessorizing.
>>
>>9443023
I really like this!
With all the print at the bottom, I would be tempted to go for more detail at the top of the coord too. The jewellery is lovely, but maybe also add pearls, gold details and matching roses to the headpiece for full on opulence?
Also lolita is a ridiculous fashion because it leaves me wondering if the shoes are a bit too simple for the coord? But maybe that's because it's not worn and actually fancier shoes would be too much? I love that they are gold.
>>
>>9443023
the headpiece is too sexy and the cross necklace doesn't suit the theme, everything else is fine (unless those shoes are flats. i don't see any kind of heel)
adding roses and pearls to a simpler black headdress sounds like a good idea though.
>>
>>9443023
I'm seconding the other anon that adding gold/wine roses to the headpiece would make it work better. Maybe black lace gloves? Do those shoes have heels at all or are they flats?

Also... what is the name of this dress?
>>
File: Fotor110630818.jpg (88KB, 1410x790px) Image search: [Google]
Fotor110630818.jpg
88KB, 1410x790px
I have this dress and I need help coming up with a coord for it. This is my first lolita dress and all of the coord photos I've seen of it online look so boring and predictable. Can you guys help me to make an attractive coord that's not too boring or predictable for this one?
>>
>>9443146
I recently bought this too! It's not a good choice for a first lolita dress, since it's not versatile at all and kind of hard to coord if you're new. There's not really a lot you can do with it. Most people seem to wear it with fairly plain legwear and classic heels, but that's not the best direction to take it IMO. It just looks like a literal nun who wants to slut it up by wearing heels and a shorter dress. I think plain legwear should be paired with a chunky heel and non-religious accessories to take away that "actual nun" vibe.

Pic related is a more sweet way to coord it. I can see this work with with a coffin bag or that AP cross shaped bag.

You could also introduce another color, maybe rose accessories or some of those church window print tights.

Also, take a look at nun coords from other brands like moitie or boz.

I haven't seen anyone wear it with pikes though, which is what I will do. Not sure about the rest of the coord tho. I guess I'll wait until I recieve it and then go with the flow.
>>
>>9443171

I was thinking of pairing it with grey hair, black blood red lips, red nails and maybe some hand accessories. I have seen some people add too many roses to it, too. I want to balance it somewhere between gothic and sweet. I dont want to be either but a healthy dose of each side
>>
>>9443177
If this is your first lolita dress it might be easier to coord it in one style than a mix.
>>
>>9443189

You might be right, but I want it to look attractive without resorting to being plain or looking like a hot ita mess. I guess I will try to play it safe while making it attractive.

> *screams internally*
>>
>>9443192
You seem to be associating simple coords with plain or boring and unattractive, which I think is a mistake. This dress is a very simple dress which tends to look best with equally simple gothic styling. I think you're really underestimating how stunning simple but very meticulous and well-thought out gothic coords can be.
>>
Hey!

Just looking for any ideas for this co-ord,
not decided on accessories yet, I think it needs wrist cuffs. Don't want to go too OTT
Was also thinking of changing the wig to a short poofy bob
>>
>>9443298
White wristcuffs with red bows or cherries is the most obvious choice I think. THe heart bag doesn't make much sense with the rest of the co-ord for me, but I'm a stickler for matching themes. The main concern I think is how similar the reds are to each other in real life.
>>
>>9440619
Weed socks might be an issue
>>
>>9443769
She's tryna be natural, bro.
>>
File: summer coord.png (343KB, 481x488px) Image search: [Google]
summer coord.png
343KB, 481x488px
It's getting hot AF and I have this adorable old school halter JSK and want to try my hand at a blouseless coord, something casual but still cute. Any suggestions/opinions (besides wear a blouse) are welcome, thank you!
>>
>>9444094
I'd switch out the scrunchie for a cute bow instead, either a pin or a hair comb. I don't think the wrist cuffs will match too well considering their tulle lace vs. the thick torchon and venice on the JSK but that's probably just a nitpick. Looks very cute otherwise imo.
>>
>>9444114
>>9444094
I agree with no-scrunchie anon. The no blouse violation is your one "it's hot get out of jail free card" so if you go past that it'll edge towards no longer lolita. What you have besides scrunchie is cute but if you wanna convey a more lolita vibe I think you should use a parasol, get a cute bag, and maybe add some sort of subdued necklace. Also if you are willing to wear a cropped off the shoulder sheer chiffon blouse (I can link up you one on ae if you're interested) under the jsk it would definitely make your outfit feel more in the Lolita realm
>>
File: 111007033_large.jpg (44KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
111007033_large.jpg
44KB, 360x480px
>>9443124
Thank you for your input, yes the shoes are just regular glitter flats. It'seems comfier for walking around with. I'll definitely try and do something more with the headpiece, it sounds like it would be a fun DIY project.

>>9443132
The headpiece defiantly has that kind of sexy flair, I tried adding a pearl head chain to it and it turned out looking too exotic. My roses are in bloom now so I'll see what I can do to to make it feel cuter and gothier before switching it out.

>>9443135

The name of the dress is Queen Bunny OP by enchanted enchantilly. I haven't seen many photos of it worn yet, which is sad. I bought the corset belt to make the wine color pop out more.

Also do you kind anons have any recommendations for bags?
>>
>>9432308
have this exact pair and i removed all the bows, the lace is pretty soft and the bow doesnt leave any residue from the glue at all.
>>
File: coord1.png (463KB, 625x497px) Image search: [Google]
coord1.png
463KB, 625x497px
>>9416354
I actually like the striped socks much better than this, its got a kitchy-cute sorta vibe that I'm really into but I know thats not everyones style. I love this dress && country lolita tho so I threw together a quick coord with my ideas & a country feel that I was sorta getting from your first pic. Solid red knit socks with a bit of cream lace would be really cute. I couldnt find a pic of the exact type of hat that would look best but one of those shallow straw boater hats with some red & white flowers. Unsure about the purse, but I think you want a smaller sized bag either cream or red w/ cream accents. Hope this helped!
>>
>>9434677
Vivian westwood has a style of shoes that looks like this, IDK if its still available tho
>>
>>9437362
I think this is really cute, very close to being a super coord. I'd swap your shoes out for more blushy pink pair in a more feminie style, other anon was right about them not quite working. I love the cape though! I'd also get a larger more prominent headpiece or do something different with your hair, and swap the bag for something that matches better
>>
I've been sitting on these ideas for a couple of months now. I'm not quite sure what to do with jewellery, even more unsure about the bag. Please ignore the head bow on the golden wig (it was the closest I could find for one I own).
>>
File: dim light.png (1MB, 838x937px) Image search: [Google]
dim light.png
1MB, 838x937px
>>9445614
Dropped pic
>>
Picked up this old ETC dress second hand and am looking for inspo. Feel like coordinating this could go a lot of ways, but a lot of the colors in the print are odd shades I don't really know where to find.

Looking to channel some real Richard Scarry vibes without veering straight into ageplay territory. Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>9443177
I just received Nameless Poem in the bordeaux and I'm actually amused by how identical our planned coordinates sound. Although I was going to opt for a black half bonnet adorned with red flowers (Not sure if roses or another flower. I'll have to check up on flower symbolism).
>>
>>9445615
sauce on the heeled shoes?
>>
>>9444094
If you're going for oldschool you'll wanna switch out the wristcuffs and socks for ones with torchon lace instead. Under the knee socks with a lace trim would look way better.
I'm a bit unsure about the shoes honestly. If you have them already then they're probably ok but I feel like either black or white chunky mary janes or rhs would be more appropriate for oldschool.
For headwear a rectangle or circle lace headdress is a good option.

>>9445615
This overall looks good but I'd be careful about using wine IW with wine meta, the shades are a little different (IW is usually more unsaturated maroon compared to meta) and the socks might look weird against the dress. If you're gonna use wine heels anyway I think ivory otks or lace tights could look good.

>>9446137
I think a polka dot cardigan in either red or blue would be really cute with this. Secondhand etc is easy to find on yj/fril/mercari if you want to find something additional from the brand to work with.
>>
>>9444114
>>9444183
>>9446342
Thank you all for the advice! I have a pretty hard time with attention to detail so having the types of lace/wristcuffs pointed out is a big help that makes a big difference, thank you for the help everyone.
>>
>>9446184
Taobao
>https://s.taobao.com/search?q=&imgfile=&js=1&stats_click=search_radio_all%253A1&initiative_id=staobaoz_20170424&ie=utf8&tfsid=TB1gPtbQVXXXXbGXVXXXXXXXXXX&app=imgsearch

>>9446342
IW wine and meta wine do match surprisingly well with the accents and the sash for the bonnet. I'll look into changing the socks.
>>
>>9434605
>Bella Vita's Nettie in champagne
Diff anon but this pic looks like the perfect type of gold color I'm looking for. I went to the site to look at it but it looks much lighter... which one is correct? I need this darker tone of gold to match the gold in my prints/accessories.
>>
>>9441963
lmfao
>>
>>9436982
>>9437064
I thought I was having a stroke for a moment.
>>
Sage for slight OT but can't find a better thread, what are some gothic styled longer lolita dresses? I'm tall and prefer the looks of longer/below knee skirts regardless because I find it more mature.
>>
>>9447449
I think Moitie has a long version of most of their prints, sometimes also of their other designs. You can ask this kind of stuff in the general.
>>
File: plshelp.png (482KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
plshelp.png
482KB, 700x480px
god i am strUGGLING. Whyteleafe OP was the first dream dress I ever got my hands on and its just been
sitting in my closet because I haven't got the foggiest Idea how to coord it. I've tried like 8 different possible coords and nothing is working. Any thoughts, even if its "start over" are greatly appreciated
>>
File: Instasize_0426180138.jpg (660KB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Instasize_0426180138.jpg
660KB, 1512x1512px
I just bought this dress and I am in love with it, but it is a huge departure from my normal style. I'm kind of stumbling through at this point. Please help me, gulls!
>>
>>9447449
Atelier Boz as well as Moitie. Some of IW's long length dresses can be used well for gothic coords.
>>
>>9451132
I feel like the jacket may be making things complicated for you. Whyteleafe is such a nice piece that I would try wearing it as is if possible first so you can kinda get a feel for it?
I would go with the bonnet and wear ivory wristcuffs and frilly socks and then pair them with brown oxford heels (or something else classic) and a brown bag. An ivory parasol is a good addition and gloves or pearl bracelets would work instead of wristcuffs too.
If you're set on using a jacket I would match the sorta classy-mature-casual vibe it gives and pair it with a hat such as a beret, cloche, or boater rather than the bonner, which is a bit mismatched for that imo. The whole bottom half of your collage has too much cheap shit and it would really bring down the luxury of the dress I think. Spring for some classic shoes and a bag not from Walmart or ebay. For the legwear you can get away with using inexpensive ruffle or knit textured things but those particular pictured tights don't fit MM style classic.
Also just looking up whyteleafe coords is a good idea since there are a billion out there.

>>9451387
The top veil headpiece looks like a nice match, I would work around that dreamy, ethereal look for the whole coord vibe. Those socks look a bit solid/opaque for that so I would consider something like lace or transparently patterned. The ones in >>9451132 's collage would actually work since they're common with Baby coords.
>>
>>9451481
I agree about the socks! I was actually looking for those same lace style socks but they are sold out on the Baby site. Maybe I can find a pair on lacemarket...
>>
>>9451491
baby has some socks on wunderwelt fleur that could work, anon!
>>
File: First coords.jpg (997KB, 3132x1780px) Image search: [Google]
First coords.jpg
997KB, 3132x1780px
Hi gulls!

Lurker and first time coording my very own lolita coord. I'm so excited!

I'd like to get some concrit on those two coords I've put together so far.
Sadly, I don't have many other things to go with them. The bonnet I'd like to have worn is still shipping.

Do the wristcuffs go together with the princess sleeves of the second coord?
I originally wanted to wear the lace gloves with this dress, but they look out of place because of the offwhite of the dress and the stark white uf de gloves clashing.

I'm going to wear a darkblonde wig with both coords.
>>
>>9452628
Hi! Just a little personal opinion, I'm not a huge fan of short sleeves + gloves. It tends to look a little,,, awkward, maybe use wristcuffs instead.
I would get a white bag too. Something like pic related could work for both coords.
I have some mixed feelings with the second coord, I would change the headwear for something more... classy.
>>
>>9452646
Hello! Thank you for your time.

I agree with you on the hat! Sadly, the bonnet hasn't arrived yet. Do you think I could keep it like that? I could use some more flower clips on the hat for example.

On the lace gloves - because of the length of my cape, which sits playfully on the arms and reaches the middle of the back, was I thinking it could go well together.
Do you think I could use them in the 2nd coord even though they are lighter than the beige-ish colour of the dress? There's some white in the flower print.
>>
>>9452646
maybe if you look at it from a normie perspective it looks odd to wear gloves with short sleeves but those gloves are purely for decoration, not the cold
>>
File: Magic Potion Magic Library.png (2MB, 1758x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Potion Magic Library.png
2MB, 1758x1014px
I got this dress as a gift, and have all of the pieces on the left. (Going to attach a small red rose to the purse instead of the button.)

I'm just struggling to come up with a necklace. My dress is missing the crossed ribbon and I dislike the bow on the collar so I definitely need a nice piece to fill in the neckline. I was thinking instead of a pearl skull, maybe a rose in a potion bottle, or even something combined with a book. Really I could use any suggestions.

Probably worth mentioning that I have the detachable sleeves, but I really dislike how much darker the black of the sleeves are than the dress, so I'd rather stick to the short sleeves and wristcuffs.
>>
>>9452628
I wouldn't use that bag for lolita really. It looks too plain and casual.

In the first coord the cape seems a bit odd with the OP to me. Maybe you can post a try on pic or with it properly layed over the dress? I also think the ratio of blue to white is a bit off, with the white being too prominent. One idea could be using blue shoes, but I think it would good to use maybe brown or beige and then match a bag with the same color, I think it would kind of accentuate the classy vibe going on.

In the second coord I'm confused why you need back up shoes when those bl ones are flat already! If you need additional comfort you can add insoles, that what I do when I wear a coord all day. I agree that the hat is mismatched. Some kind of bow clip or clip or a floral headdress like in the first coord would match better.

>>9452922
Looks good so far. I do wonder if the white bag would be too stark against the dress? I see how it fits thematically but maybe if you use it you wanna include a pop of white someone else to balance it out more-- kinda tough to do with a black dress but... maybe a white hair accessory? Otherwise book bags come up on LM often and are on aliexpress/ebay too for like $20. A black or red one might fit a little better.
I think a rose necklace to match the earrings(?) would be pretty, the rose in a bottle idea sounds neat too. You could probably find a teeny skull to put in there additionally if you wanted.
>>
File: coord.jpg (102KB, 700x480px) Image search: [Google]
coord.jpg
102KB, 700x480px
Trying to decide a coord for the new Lief sailor OP. The biggest issues for me are the socks and shoes. I can't decide which would be better otk's or ankle socks. Also for shoes I was thinking something with a heel would be nice but I just can't decide.
>>
>>9453470
I think it's gonna be too difficult to match reds for the shoes, and i don't think a red cardigan on a red dress will look very good. Maybe try a brown cardigan and brown shoes? And pull the brown into your hair accessories. Like, if you go with a lil straw boater hat use brown ribbon instead of cream. As for sock length, both are cute, but based on the two you put in the collage i would go with the shorter ones, the other ones look like fishnets.
>>
>>9453547
or white shoes
>>
>>9453198
First time anon with the cape here, thank you for your helpful ideas!
>>
>>9453198
Second anon here, thank you so much for all of the suggestions. I'll definitely try balancing out the bag and I'll just get a darker purse if it doesn't work out. The little roses are earrings and I'm hunting now for something to match.
>>
So I'm just starting out with lolita, and after a few months of lurking I think I've decided on what kind of dress I want. My question is where could I even get this dress or something like it?
>>
>>9456201
Do you want that type of cut or do you mean black with a cross? You can look for that exact dress secondhand.
>>
>>9456209
Exact cut or something similar. I've been looking at nameless poem too and both dresses are too rare at this point. Should I try taobao next?
>>
>>9456268
No, it's a very common cut. Nameless poem is taobao. I would just go to lacemarket or yahoo auctions, go to the angelic pretty category (on y!a it shows other brands too) and then the onepiece/dress category.
>>
>>9456355
you are the BEST thank you so much
>>
File: Magic Potion Magic Library2.png (2MB, 1634x952px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Potion Magic Library2.png
2MB, 1634x952px
>>9452922
>>9453198
>>9454002
Despite my best efforts, I could not find a necklace that I thought was suitable, so I tried my hand at making one myself. The bottle is about 1 inch tall, chain is fully adjustable. Has some tiny red roses, three very tiny red books (very hard to see in the photo, but they're apparent up close) and a miniature skull. There's room on the label to write something, but I'm leaving it blank for now.

I know not having high-end or brand jewelry can be really frowned upon, so what do you guys think?
>>
File: 0F6AC3AC5.png (1MB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
0F6AC3AC5.png
1MB, 1000x1334px
I was told that /cgl/ knew the sauce of pic related and I shouldn't make a new thread, so here I am.

Anyone know the source?
>>
File: Screenshot (572).png (250KB, 347x503px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (572).png
250KB, 347x503px
Can I please get some help with a coord for this dress? I got given it as a gift years ago and I have no damn idea what to do with it. I don't even know what category it would fall into, does it count as classic lolita? Some kind of -kei? No clue.
>>
File: hmmm.png (1MB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
1MB, 634x900px
I just posted this in the general help thread, but figured I should post it here too!
>So this is my first dress and I'm not sure which one I should get. I think I'm leaning towards AP celestial but I'm stuck on how to style it. Should I just buy a star bag and call it a day?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 109

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.