[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is just a rant. Basically based on this conventions advertising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

So this is just a rant.
Basically based on this conventions advertising I feel as though I was baited into attending this convention.
If only from the relentless barrage of posting, advertising and overuse of images as folk's display pictures...
Lies and Issues:
1. 7000 attendees (in accordance to The Edinburgh Reporter and their facebook page however now appears to be 6000 according to the Carluke Gazette, Scottish Sun
and Motherwell Times).... People leaving and re-entering the same hall must have been counted again and again because by my estimate I would say 1000 tops there.
Either that or they made up a number for the shear hell of it because no.
2.Great Venue it was basically smelly giant PE hall.
3.Cosplay Competition was just a joke. Unless you were a mainstream pop culture icon then you could forget it. I believe the word is biased.
4.Charity event.....It's the fucking Keith Armour show. Don't know where all the money is going either because it's definately
5. Vendors all looked super unhappy during the day. May be due to the poor attendance and PE smell....
6. The guests were sub par for what you paid to get in example ,you got the lookalike that King Regis was based on in FFXV...
not the amazing actor Sean bean who voiced him in Kingsglaive but the man who's face they used... (as beautiful as it is) as inspiration
7. This con should be renamed as Corridor Con... those narrow lobbys were constantly filled with people and you couldn't physically get anywhere!
(Fire safety people were crying everywhere)

Now the event was not terrible for a start up however that's not what it was sold as. They had decent guests but the guests don't make the full show.
The whole thing was ran pretty shambolically.
The poor volunteers. I felt awful for them as they had to deal with everything, as
their main organiser walked around aimlessly looking for photo opportunities, and with very little recognition for their efforts.
>>
>>9365618
Load of shite, no idea what you were on about, Mainstream Pop icon? Two of the winners were a Fallout 4 character and the Queen of Hearts.
>>
>>9365655
FALL OUT IS MAIN STREAM
Queen of hearts is hardly a Scifi character and she was too skinny.
>>
File: 1486404447033.jpg (127KB, 1024x781px) Image search: [Google]
1486404447033.jpg
127KB, 1024x781px
I think your from kirkady EH!
>>
>>9365670
Sounds like you're pretty triggered.
>>
>>9365738
Triggered is not even the word for it.......
>>
>>9365618
Fucks sake. Why is the Scottish con scene full of such whiny little bitches. I wasn't even there but no one on GCL gives a shit about your whining.

I swear to god I scroll through my fb and it's all these kids screeching about drama or lolcow acting like they're better than everyone else when they're acting like primary schoolers.

There's only like 5 good cosplayers in Scotland too and "made in a week Iron Man" Keith Armour isn't one of them.
>>
>>9365618
"for fans, by fans"

That should have been your first warning OP....
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.