[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wig General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 103

Post about wigs.
Ask questions about wigs.
Submit review of wigs.
Post picture of wigs.
Wigs.
>>
>>9364723
I'm kind of new to wigs, and have a couple really long ones that have managed to get horrendously tangled. What's the best way to fix this?
>>
File: 71acaDHp+nL._SL1446_.jpg (215KB, 1069x1446px) Image search: [Google]
71acaDHp+nL._SL1446_.jpg
215KB, 1069x1446px
I bought this wig recently for casual/fashion wear, and whilst the quality is pretty decent and I understand basic styling, the damn thing is incredibly bulky and it's this aspect that really gives away the fact that it's a wig.

Obviously I'm going to have to thin it, but this is one thing I've never attempted with a wig and I simply don't know where to start or what to do. Do people ever thin wigs by removing pieces of weft at the root under the hair? How do I thin this damn thing?

>>9364726
Wig mannequin + cold water and fabric softener + wide toothed comb + patience.
>>
>>9364726
I've used the silicone spray method to lightly mist and prep the wig and it helped keep it less tangly than it would have been without the spray.
>>
Any good places that sell lace front thats not arda or wig is fashion?
>>
>>9364743
Honestly, Amazon has never let me down. I really enjoy the benefits of having access to user reviews of the wigs and more often than not, user uploaded photos of the product. idk why more people don't use Amazon, especially given how easy returns are in the event you don't like the wig or there's a defect with it.
>>
>>9364743
Epic Cosplay has one style in a couple different colors.
>>
>>9364746
Have you ever dealt with a company called ebingoo?
Just ordered one from them but it looks pretty nice. Curious about the quality
>>
File: 137966-iv.jpg (107KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
137966-iv.jpg
107KB, 480x640px
Does anyone have a good tutorial for curling ringlets into a wig?
>>
>>9364743
Wig Glamour on ebay.
>>
>>9364726
Planning a cosplay with a long wig in the future, what can I do to prevent tangles beforehand?
Silicone spray and? Any other suggestions?
>>
File: 5457-1354729128.jpg (127KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5457-1354729128.jpg
127KB, 300x300px
anyone know where to find a wig in this color? Arda's olive green is waaayyyy to bright, and ECW doesn't carry anything even close
>>
What would people recommend as a good base wig for Wicke? I was thinking of maybe something in Arda's plum or Epic's Royal purple. Regardless I'm going to have to buy some extensions and do some back comb/teasing for volume.
>>
>>9365033
https://youtu.be/GG9LIWaOG-M
>>
>>9365014
http://www.fm-anime.com/cosplay/wigs/color/green/60cm-pageboy-mixed-grass-green-cosplay-wig.html
This is a dark grass green

http://www.fm-anime.com/cosplay/wigs/color/green/100cm-medium-length-straight-ink-green-cosplay-wig.html

This is probably closer to the color you're looking for
>>
>>9365050
Thanks. I feel silly not realizing that had a tutorial.
>>
>>9365014
Have you tried looking at Sailor Pluto wigs?
http://www.thefivewitswigs.com/shop/wigs/elegant-shadow-evergreen-lock/

You probably won't find that exact shade.
>>
>>9364767
http://cosplayrune.blogspot.com/2011/11/wig-curling-with-ringlets.html
>>
What is the best method to trimming bangs to be straight across? I know to snip up instead of across, and to take them layer by layer. But I can't see wtf I'm doing and I'm scared as shit I'm going to mess up. Should I just take them to a salon?
>>
>>9365325
If you don't have a wig form then to begin you're going to want to cut directly across to the extent that you have a degree of visibility. It doesn't matter if it looks messy as fuck because obviously you're going to be trimming and neatening it up.
A lot of people slide bobby pins horizontally across the fringe in sections as a guide and to also keep the hair static whilst cutting, so do try that.
>>
I'm going to be dying a synthetic lace front, does anyone have any methods for keeping "dye" off the lace? I was just going to put tape over it but does anyone have any other suggestions?
>>
Is it even possible to replicate this wig? I feel like it looks good on the cosplayers pictures but it looks like it barely has any hold and the spikes might droop in my case because of how long they left he wig's layers
>>
>>9365715
Arda posted a really good one the other day. Check it out on their facebook
>>
>>9365325
I'm one of the few people I know who actually cuts my wigs' bangs while the wig is on me. That way, I get them the exact length I want while the wig is fitting as comfortably as possible. You're absolutely right about the layers about snipping up. I personally just sit right in front of a wall mirror, then hold the bangs away from my face a bit between my forefinger and middle finger of one hand while snipping with my dominant hand. It definitely takes patience, but I've gotten good results this way.
>>
>>9364743
Cyperous sells some nice ones but you'll need an SS to order from them.
>>
>>9365810
You do not need a SS for Cyperous
>>
>>9365053
>>9365073
thanks guys! anyone have any advice on how to make the hair flare out?
>>
File: ringlets.png (1MB, 803x856px) Image search: [Google]
ringlets.png
1MB, 803x856px
>>9364767
don't do >>9365321, it's super crusty and looks like shit.
if you want natural ringlets, get those plastic roller curlers that old ladies use, make sure you get the ones without spikes or removable spikes, and wrap the hair around them and pin it so that it stays. you can dunk it in almost boiling water and let it dry like that, but i personally get better results heating them individually with the hair dryer and letting them cool, then pulling out the rollers should naturally make them into ringlets. I did this in pic related (but this was for a cosplay, and I was going for a larger/costumey looking curl). The size of the curl will depend on the roller you use.
>>
>>9366042
*looks like shit for ringlets that small/natural
>>
>>9365523
I do have a foam head but I'm worried the forehead placement on the head won't correlate with my face haha. I'll try bobby pinning and hacking, and then using the foam head to trim and make it nice.
Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>9364726
I've used the fabric softener method to detangle some moderately fucked up wigs (ie the sort of rat's nest that is part and parcel with long Arda wigs)
>http://miho-orion.tumblr.com/post/64683080331/removing-shine-detangling-a-wig
>>
File: tumblr_nxtw9ajWHN1syjyfmo1_1280.jpg (192KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxtw9ajWHN1syjyfmo1_1280.jpg
192KB, 1280x853px
This is a pretty basic question but how do you keep a wig styled correctly?

I've done 4 cosplays so far but only my most recent one had a more complicated style, I used what felt like tons of hair wax and got2bglued hairspray but even with that parts kept coming out of place or falling into my fair so i was wrestling with my wig the whole con and so despite looking really nice at first by the end of the day it looked like a mess.

Thank you in advance!
>>
Posting here as well for more advice (sorry).

Hi everyone, I need some help.

I need to do a wig like pic related (it's not specifically for Levi just a similar bang style). Other than shelling out $60 for a lacefront, is there a way to achieve bangs like this with a regular but thickly wefted short wig?

I found tutorials about creating a kind of shitty self-made "lacefront" which I can do but I was wondering if there were any other tips to create that kind of "bang-bump" volume. I need it lifted slightly off my forehead like in these pictures, so for it to look fairly natural but still have good volume. I looked at some levi tutorials but none of them have really addressed it so far, it's typically fairly flat in them and I need that prominent bump. Thank you for reading!
>>
not sure if this is exactly the right place, but I'm going to Japan in April, and I wanted to get some wigs for my next upcoming costumes. What are some of the best wig companies that I should check out? I'm already going to look for Cyperous; is there anywhere else I should go for a good wig?
>>
>>9366294
try looking up leon kennedy wig tutorials, since he has similar hair.
some wigs you could consider are arda's Westley, or epic cosplay wig's Atlas since they remade to have part of the hairline show but not be lace fronts
>>
This may seem like a silly question but I've realized I have a larger head than average, which makes some wigs fit weird. Any advice?
>>
File: bianca-unova-pokemon-45.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
bianca-unova-pokemon-45.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
Anyone know how to replicate this?
>>
File: okada alert.png (661KB, 960x930px) Image search: [Google]
okada alert.png
661KB, 960x930px
>>9364723
I'm looking for a simple wig like this, pre-cut since I always mess up cuts.
>>
>>9366461
wigs generally don't come precut unless you want the bangs to be mangled up messes. just find a bang tutorial and buy a cheap aliexpress wig to practice on
>>
Which one of the gel/pommade styling product is better for cosplay wig styling ? I can't find them where I live, and I never try them.
Most tutorials use the yellow spiking gel but I wonder what is the one who work better
>>
File: Glued_Group_Shot.png (246KB, 480x540px) Image search: [Google]
Glued_Group_Shot.png
246KB, 480x540px
>>9366522
sorry I dont put the pic
>>
I want a thick braid similar to pic. Should I buy a rhapsody wig and braid it or will that be a living nightmare. Any recommendations on extensions?
>>
File: fafnir.jpg (21KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
fafnir.jpg
21KB, 225x350px
its my first time cosplaying. I was wondering if anyone could link me to a tutorial on how to cut fridges in a similar way
>>
>>9366461
You're cosplaying Maggot? Wut.
>>
>>9364738
can confirm, I use ace's silicon spray. You can use it pretty liberally and it won't make it greasy/weighed down. I use it as a detangler.

>>9366524
also recommnding
>>
>>9366701
>http://shisukoisa.deviantart.com/art/Awesomeguy-s-Wig-Cutting-Tutorial-Part-1-282857020
>>
>>9366305
Thank you so much anon! Both of those are a HUGE help! Also that is ironic because I initially posted my question with a picture of leon for reference and people told me to look up levi haha. But this helps a ton, thank you thank you!
>>
>>9364767
>>9365321
>>9366042
Thank you anons! I'm willing to try anything at this point.
>tfw pre-curled ringlet wigs are all fucking ugly
>>
File: il_570xN.1000969756_hi99.jpg (91KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1000969756_hi99.jpg
91KB, 570x570px
I've never bought a wig before. Is something like this commonly found? It was a commission so it's unavailable.
>>
File: Kawaii Inu.png (3MB, 1712x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Kawaii Inu.png
3MB, 1712x1284px
>>9364723
Does anyone have any suggestions for an Inuyasha wig? I think I have to go Arda because my head if fucking huge, but damn if OP's image doesn't give me hope about looking good with it.
>>
What would you gulls recommend for an aspiring lolita, who has a big head, even by western standards? Hair's too ratty to go without. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_5452.jpg (282KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5452.jpg
282KB, 1200x800px
>>
Are Lucaille wigs still good? I've been eyeing some of their character wigs and just love the colors but they're longer styles and I'm worried about thin fibers/tangling.
>>
>>9366296
Airily and Classe Wigs are really good. They may not have a physical store but you could order from them prior to your trip and have it shipped to your japan hotel
>>
>>9366376
If Arda or Epic cosplay wigs still don't sit well on you, eventhough they are bigger than average, try cutting into the wig at the lower back and add a piece of triangular fabric then cover the spot with wefts
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-07-19-16-29.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-07-19-16-29.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Asked in another thread and got nowhere. Where would I find a good wig for Satania? They have wigs for Gabriel on eBay but nothing else.
>>
>>9368909

Just buy a long red wig from anywhere, and put it into pigtails. Before pulling the ponytail through the hair tie, just leave it halfway, and you'll get a similar effect.
>>
File: ms525-p01.jpg (274KB, 650x680px) Image search: [Google]
ms525-p01.jpg
274KB, 650x680px
>>9368763
I've had good luck with Lucaille. Shipping is about a month.

Cyperous and Airily have been my fave for cosplay.

My new fave shop is Brightele on Rakuten. Reminds me of Cyperous. Very reasonable prices too. I got 3 of the natural looking/ lolita styled wigs. Have not tried their cosplay section yet.
>>
>>9364743
Wigtypes for most daily wear wigs but no crazy colors there
>>
File: Baiken.jpg (75KB, 918x491px) Image search: [Google]
Baiken.jpg
75KB, 918x491px
Been looking for this shit wig everywhere, I can style the ponytail, but the front wig is unavailable everywhere. I live in another country, so Arda is a no go
>>
File: kakyoin-face-a.png (72KB, 244x237px) Image search: [Google]
kakyoin-face-a.png
72KB, 244x237px
i'm thinking of cosplaying kakyoin from jojo but i'm not entirely sure of what base wig to get and what exact color. i'm kind of leaning toward's arda's jareth. i know i'll have to add extra wefts for the noodle, it's just what to start with that's giving me trouble.
>>
File: BruOQPeCIAAxz__.png (441KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
BruOQPeCIAAxz__.png
441KB, 600x375px
What do you guys do when a character has a hair color that seems to change? His hair is usually a dark grey but it is usually blueish in hd graphics so in my head he has blueish hair. I was looking at arda wigs and got stuck between their ash black and raven...
>>
>>9369449
I've seen more cosplayers with a blue-black wig, which doesn't look too bad. I'd go with Raven.
>>
>>9364732
you can just seam rip out the wefts you don't want. It's a fairly easy process and you can just sew the wefts back in if you mess up.
>>
>>9365715
you can find a lot of tutorials on large spiking, but the basics is that there is A LOT of teasing that acts as the base structure at the root of the hair which makes the hair pretty much stick straight up magically which you then lightly comb straight the visible layers, hiding the teased under layers.
>>
>>9366691
you can just buy a jumbo braid and stitch it to the back of the wig, right where the jumbo braid is tied together then continue braiding it into the braid
>>
File: Cure.Mofurun.full.2061465.jpg (1MB, 1109x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Cure.Mofurun.full.2061465.jpg
1MB, 1109x1179px
I'm trying to understand how this hair is supposed to work. Is it supposed to be drillcurls? Teased curls?
>>
File: WIP.jpg (27KB, 282x353px) Image search: [Google]
WIP.jpg
27KB, 282x353px
making this as a cosplay and ordering a wig for it. I was thinking Arda Jaguar in desert brown but I can't tell if the colour is right from photos. Would it be my best option or should I go for an alternative?
>>
>>9368565
go to arda's blog, hee-hee has a tutorial on it
>>
>>9369449
i'm planning on getting ash-black and using blue copics to add highlights. Arda did just come out with a blue-gray color, but it still seems too light for me
>>
>>9369615
I find that their photos are true to life except for their blondes. With XIV being an mmo, I wouldn't stress over hair color accuracy that much.

But to answer your question, Desert seems like your best bet from arda.
>>
File: Inuyasha_and_shippo.png (631KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Inuyasha_and_shippo.png
631KB, 1024x768px
>>9369806
Oh wow, its freshly posted, too. Thanks for the heads-up.

That sheer level of volume, while accurate, does look silly to me though.
If I went for a more ""realistic"" look, or at least one more flattering, do you guys think I should go for the Venus or the Jareth? I'm leaning towards the Venus for its already accurate bangs, but I'm not very good at this.
>>
>>9369538
Yes, it looks like two giant drills.
Precure hairstyles never make sense
>>
>>9369810
That is sort of what I was thinking too. I don't want it to be crazy blue. Just a nice subtle highlight.
>>
File: 0.jpg (234KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
234KB, 1500x997px
>>9366042
>plastic roller curlers
Wow, this looks so nice! Are these the plastic roller curlers you're talking about?
>>
>>9364726
I use a hair straightener and a wide-toothed comb. The hair straightener does wonders. For curly wigs, I use a hair straightener and recurl. I'ved tried this on a long ebay wig and Arda venus (to my butt). It takes 1-2 hours, but the results are very nice.
>>
>>9370739
Those have spikes but yeah like that. You can probably find them in a beauty shop.
>>
>>9370036
I thought so to but then I found this reference and design while no 2 is clearly 2 big drillcurls, my design (which of course they didn't include a back view for) seem to be more round in the shape, but not round like no 4
>>
I'm looking for side ponytails but the ones I find are really ott and tend to be very cosplay like. Does anyone have any recommendations of more simple ones?
>>
>>9364723

any tutorials you guys have bookmarked on how to style wigs? i'm only really focusing on bangs since the characters im doing are fairly simple, and i got the rest of the styling down, but i cannot cut bangs. i practiced on a cheap wig and it was.. pretty bad, so some reference to mimic would help. i only have 1 super cheap wig left to practice on
>>
File: hazama_blazblue2[1].png (211KB, 799x565px) Image search: [Google]
hazama_blazblue2[1].png
211KB, 799x565px
What wig would be better for a Hazama cosplay?
Arda Jaguar or Blue Steel?
>>
>>9371086
I wanna say they're still like drill curls, but each curl section is different widths. I think it's more like these. But ridiculously oversized because you know, precure.
>>
File: 17-02-27-19-23-28-298_deco.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
17-02-27-19-23-28-298_deco.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
I have a few wigs I need help figuring out what characters I can use for.
The blonde wig I have is similar but more platinum blonde and no curl.
>>
>>9371855
Don't know what you like but some ideas
Top left: Felicia from Fire Emblem
Top right: Aya Brea from Parasite Eve
Bottom right: Alice from Aria the Animation
>>
>>9370739
For the ones in the pic, I used https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ARAPTUY/, which have small spikes, so the ones you have should work too. The spikes just make it a little harder to pull out, but should work fine.
>>
>>9371835
pls do my trash husbando justice, thank u
>>
File: Aya_Render.png (257KB, 458x843px) Image search: [Google]
Aya_Render.png
257KB, 458x843px
>>9371855
I'm with >>9371877 and Aya. Square just forgot about her after Third Birthday.
>>
>>9371855
yurio.
>>
Does anyone have the grace wig from arda? They don't have a Flickr album up yet since it's pretty new, but I'd love to see how that hairline looks on an actual person and how forgiving it is when trying to give it a slight part
>>
>>9371933
Can't make any promises, but I'll try
>>
What's the best method for dying synthetic wigs? Is there any method that doesn't transfer at all?
>>
>>9368609
To not ask advice in a cosplay thread. Look at the wigs people wear in CoF to see what not to do. It should not be the cheapest part of your coord after socks and accessories. It's worth it to spend money on a good wig that doesn't look ultra fake because it's part of your clothing style and you will wear it often.
>>
Anyone have any good wigs for dreadlocks?
Trying to cosplay Static Shock.
>>
>>9370029
Combine both imho. The Venus doeant have the volume necessary.
>>
I really cant afford buying an expensive wig
Is there any way to make your cheap wig look good?
Ive seen people using baby powder for synthetic wigs .. are there any other tips?
>>
I feel really lost. I'm looking for information on how to wear full lace wigs and apply them correctly but most of the tutorials I'm coming across are geared towards black women wearing wigs that match their natural hair color and they leave some of their real hair out to make it more realistic. And I'm a white woman with no hair.
I also can't find clear information on the difference between a glueless full lace cap and a non glueless one
>>
>>9373559
I've seen some tutorials on making dreads from synthetic wigs, but they end up looking like "white" dreads (they taper off in the way that the hair of white people with dreads usually looks, instead of being blunt like the dreads of black hair)
You could try yarn
>>
>>9366461
Please be bait
>>
>>9373657
Mhmmmm, I'm considering it, but that's what hee-hee did and it looks pretty ridiculous.
If I just went for one, what do you think?
>>
Can I use pros-aide to hold on a lace front or is this a bad idea?
>>
>>9374964
Dry shampoo helps!
>>
>>9375313
Epic and Arda both have youtube tutorials on how to wear them.
>>
File: akkoanddiana.png (630KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akkoanddiana.png
630KB, 1280x720px
I'm looking for a wig for Akko from Little Witch Academia. I'm not great with wigs, and she has some weird shit (half bangs, half lacefront, half up) going on with her hair, so I'm looking a recommendation.
>>
>>9372411
This isn't a cosplay thread it's a wig thread
>>
>>9371486
I'm also looking for these too.
>>
anyone has experience making/styling yarn wigs? I want to try to make a short one
>>
Do any gulls know where you can natural looking twintail wigs, with short bases or long bases? Thanks!
>>
>>9369135
Jesus Christ, is shipping from Brightlele as expensive as it's quoted by the site?
>>
>>9384127
They have both synthetic wigs and real hair. Maybe you are looking at the real hair?

Shipping was ï¿¥2700 on 3 wigs. 3 wigs themselves came to ï¿¥9840.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/brightlele/item/ly756/

^ This one here is appx 29$ us.
>>
File: seiran.png (137KB, 303x480px) Image search: [Google]
seiran.png
137KB, 303x480px
Anyone knows where I can find wavy wig in this shade of blue?
>>
>>9383850
I'm looking for some too anon!
>>
>>9366268
Some folks use clear caulk and/or elmers glue to hold difficult styles.
>>
File: 3403-1-1448739473.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3403-1-1448739473.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
I'm needing a lace front for my Danse cosplay. I've heard Arda doesn't have the best lace front wigs. I also have a big head and Arda seems to be the only ones that fit comfortably. Any suggestions? Or was my friend just talking out of their ass?
>>
File: Rohan.jpg (95KB, 504x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rohan.jpg
95KB, 504x720px
I've never cosplayed before but I kinda want to try for a con this summer.
I want to do Rohan from JJBA but I'm not sure what wig I could use for his hair or how to style wigs in general.
Any tips would be great!
>>
>>9389485
Fuck I left on my /lg/ name tag
>>
>>9365056
It sucks cues I have been waiting months for this wig to be restocked and they said mid April maybe... So frustrating
>>
>>9389227
To be entirely honest, anon, I ONLY use Arda for their lacefronts. I don't like their regular wigs because I have a small head, so they're irreparably huge on me, but the lacefronts are easier to manage. As far as getting a short lacefront, I think Arda is your best bet.
>>
File: url.jpg (117KB, 750x502px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
117KB, 750x502px
can anyone help me with the styling of the different bang sections on otacon? I have the front cut tot he appropriate length but trying to get the bangs to look right is killing me and I already straightened half of the bangs on accident
>>
>>9368562
You can easily do this yourself with texturizing spray. Don't fucking commission that shit.
>>
>>9371855
>Pink
Super sonico, Nyaa chan (Osomatsu san), Hata no kokoro (Touhou project), Ultimate madoka (Puella magi madoka magica)
>Blonde
Pakunoda (Hunter x Hunter), Yurio (Yuri on ice), Annie leonhart (Shingeki no kyojin), Alice Margatroid (Touhou project), Norway (Hetalia)

I don't know about the last wig :(
>>
>>9380657
some wig shops sell bangs separately !
>>
>>9384421
closest one I could find was cobalt/dark blue @ epiccosplay
>>
>>9389691
I've gotten a bang clip from Amazon before that was pretty decent too.
>>
Need some ponytail help. I'm trying to achieve something like pic related however cosplay wigs have an unnatural bulk especially around the hairline. Are there any wigs specifically for this style with a neater hairline or lace front? Ponytail doesn't have to wrap either, just need help finding a base or full set that can handle the weight of the hair and maintain the style.
>>
>>9389779
I've seen realistic ponytails like that achieved with wigs before, but they were all human hair wigs (expensive) and designed for black women so the hair is black and lace can be a bit dark. If you don't mind dishing out the extra money, you could get one of those but it might be hard to find that colour.
>>
Dumb question, but I'm cutting babby's first wig and I'm really paranoid about cutting it too short.

How do I get that nice, generic anime girl middle-bang going on? The bang tutorials I've found deal with straight bangs across the forehead, so if you have tutorials that you liked, that would be great. I bought basic scissors and bang thinners, so hopefully this will be enough.
>>
>>9389779
it'd be easiest to just get 2 parts, a short wig and a clip on pony tail

>>9389842
p easy after you get it the first time, just cut by holding your regular scissors vertically and cut little by little, bangs that are slightly too long is better than it being too short, then use the thinners after if needed
>>
Do someone know what happen to Dreamholic? Their etsy shop is not here anymore and there's a lot of bad comments recently on their facebook page.
>>
>>9389856
They're on Storenvy now, and their taobao is definitely still around.
>>
What are some fringe cutting tutorials you would recommend for the noobest of noobs?
>>
>>9389856
People weren't a fan of the samples from my understanding. The more well reviewed styles are still good though.
>>
>>9389879
>>9389888
Thanks anons.
>>
>>9385655
I'm the OP you replied to anon, I think Cyperous has clip on ponytails, just pair it with a short base maybe? It looks promising!
>>
>>9389830
Well, I am black and have bought plenty of human hair wigs (and they are nice) but they aren't exactly meant for ponytail usage. Usually. I've checked my beauty supply and didn't see anything I could use. Much less such a clean hairline. I've gone though several black hair sites as well and it's always bangs, bangs, and more bangs in the front.

>>9389853
Do you have a recommendation for the base? As I've said, I find cosplay wigs to be incredibly bulky. Pic related being the usual result.
>>
File: 1000111304_22.jpg (190KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1000111304_22.jpg
190KB, 1000x1000px
Beyond Arda are there any dark pink twintail wigs out there? Not even Epiccosplay or any known amazon/ebay site sells dark pink/magenta ponytail clips for some reason.
>>
>>9391198
I was having that issue when looking for wigs for Cure Blossom. I think your only bet to get the colour you want is get a white ponytail wig and dye it yourself, testing it of course on a weft to get the shade of pink you need.
>>
File: purah.jpg (46KB, 536x720px) Image search: [Google]
purah.jpg
46KB, 536x720px
Ideas for a Purah wig from Breath of the Wild?
My current idea is to get a short wig, and built up the wefts and use expanding styrofoam to make that sort of bun on her head and form the wefts around it? Any other ideas would be really helpful. Wanting to make this as clean as possible.
>>
>>9391268
That's really weird and sucks with Arda being so pricey for these mostly unrecognizable cosplays. I'll take your advice and rit dye this baby right here, cause at least this way I'll have a pink base to work of.
>>
I wonder what shop do the best lace front for cosplay ( with various colors )
>>
File: straight-ponytail-clip-fuchsia.jpg (343KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
straight-ponytail-clip-fuchsia.jpg
343KB, 800x800px
>>9391198
Coscraft have fushia pink ponytails
>>
Anybody come across good tutorials for getting the shine off arda wigs and making them look more realistic? Baby powder just looked too heavy andlast time I tried fabric softener it killed the wig.
>>
>>9392459
Have you tried, dry shampoo?
>>
File: 1489576606946.png (225KB, 732x676px) Image search: [Google]
1489576606946.png
225KB, 732x676px
>>9364723
Hey I have a question I have a red wig and It kind of has this cheap shine to It how i get rid of It? also what is the best way to braid a wig?
>>
File: IMG_20170315_225947.jpg (92KB, 463x819px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170315_225947.jpg
92KB, 463x819px
>>9392499
My boyfriend is making the cosplay for me (im only the model) and i had to untangle the wig and braid It It was a really long wig, the thing is that It turned out like pic related (not me tho) and i dont really like the result any tips?
>>
>>9392499
>what is the best way to braid a wig?
How big are the braids? And what kind of braid are you going for? I tend to use some light/medium hair hold, spritz it on my hands, and braid from there and it'll stick without being too sticky.
>>
File: 1488761580760.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1488761580760.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>9392529
It turned out like
>>9392519
And i was looking for thicker braids
>>
>>9375975
Different anon (and super late) but Hee-Hee's wig is only that big because she combined the two wigs and teased it so much.

You don't have to tease yours that much, just tease it until it gets to a more natural poof that you like.

Also look at Arda Wig's youtube channel if you haven't already.
>>
>>9392541
You'll need to get wefts for it.
>>
>>9392405
Thank you so much anon!!
>>
What basic equipment/supplies should I get to make a kit for styling wigs?
>>
>>9393385
>>9393385
I would say it some hairstyling product like got2be spiking gel and hairspray, needles and threads,wig clip to secure it on your head, a wig brush and some combs ( especially a rat tail comb ), an wig head and a scissor for hair .
>>
>>9392578
I'm making the same character myself and was searching for the same shade
>>
File: haiurrr.jpg (78KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
haiurrr.jpg
78KB, 640x360px
Anyone a good tutorial on how to make a 80s glam rock wig or something that look like it (something less extreme like pic related is also fine)? I only can find ones for your normal hair, but I'm not sure if those work on synthetic wig without looking like you had a fight earlier.
>>
>>9394043
Have you looked at wig shops that black women shop at?
>>
>>9394048
Well there's also the issue of color. I tend to cosplay characters with normal, natural hair. But the most color range you'll get would be strawberry blonde, black, 1b, light brown and maybe red. Platinum blonde, assuming it's the color they want, isn't really sold as a solid and with the rise of wearing unnatural colors, you're still lucky to find something in the style you want.
>>
Where's a good place to buy a straight, long, black wig that isn't ridiculously shiny and plastic looking for under $50? I'm not looking for anything superbly high quality, I just want it to photograph decently.
>>
>>9394081
I mean, you can at least get solid wefts. The color code for platinum is 613 in that general hair system.
>>
>>9393923
Oh good luck anon, I hope I can see how your Cure Whip comes out as well!
>>
>>9394048
I already have a wig in the right colour. Otherwise I would have ask for a shop aswell and not only a tutorial.

>>9394417
Even if I didn't have a wig already. Only wefts are pointless if I don't have a tutorial to change them in a Glam wig.
>>
>>9390037
Where do you buy your wigs anon?
>>
Repost from the help thread since I got no answers there:
Can I ventilate lace with human hair the same way I can with synthetic?
Also where can I find blank Swiss lace (the stuff that makes up the front of lace front wigs)? I need to make a facial hair piece that I haven't been able to find at the many stores I've checked
>>
>>9394105
Anime stuff store?
>>
File: 2095911.jpg (81KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
2095911.jpg
81KB, 650x487px
>>9395176
Beauty supply store down the street. Pic related to what the interior looks like, though it isn't this one. In the cases where I need something unnatural, I'll go to Epic or Arda. But if the style is obtainable through black/brown and straight down, I'll go there or anywhere within my neighborhood really. When I did Alex from Gangsta, my wig was maybe $20 or so. Cheap and easy to get.
>>
Do Arda Silky wigs take dye? Natural fiber dye, iDye Poly, or Dylon?
>>
>>9389485
So, for my Rohan wig I used Arda's Magnum Long, but as someone who has cosplay experience but is still new-ish at styling wigs, you are better off buying really cheap wigs and practicing on them first, or going for a style of Rohan without such a distinct undercut (leaving it a bit long, rather than tapering it).

If you Google wig spiking, and also look up tutorials for Levi (Attack on Titan) wig tutorials, because the undercut style is basically the same, you're just spiking the hair to one side. Also, look up wig netting and how to pin wigs, it'll help you with planning the horizontal part near the ears/where the headband goes.

I wish you luck on your cosplay, but please be warned that ESPECIALLY because it's your first time, Rohan is a pretty tricky character to cosplay if you're new, so if it seems super impossible don't get discouraged, and use it as a learning experience!
>>
>>9369434
a little while ago an anon suggested using arda's jett as the base and it worked great. I got maroon but a different red would work. If you want a pic or anything I can post one
>>
>>9395177
I personally buy swiss lace on aliexpress, for better quality you should search some wig maker shop online. you can ventilate natural hair the same way as synthetic ( you can also bleach the knot on natural hair but I don't know if we do it for facial hair piece )
>>
File: tumblr_omjsw9lcmv1qiug5ko2_1280.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omjsw9lcmv1qiug5ko2_1280.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
What would be the best way to do the great fairy's big bang piece? I know there are many ways, like forming it around foam or adding wefts, but im just wondering which was is easiest.
>>
>>9400699
This was very helpful, thanks anon. Ooh I'm so excited to make this facial hair piece, it'll be so cool and kinda weird to have facial hair for the first time
>>
Kinda want a short boyish wig for casual fashion reasons but really am hoping for the sort where I can have some of the fringe slicked back.
Do I have to go full lacefront or are there maybe wig types that are better for integrating my natural fringe for a better hairline?
Also maybe nice natural looking short wig recs?
>>
>>9404670
>full lace front
That's an oxymoron, do you mean full lace?
>>
>>9400699
Nice ! I also learn that for more realistic facial hair you can put crepe hair around your hair piece or I recommend,
if you can, to dye the swiss lace the exact same color as your skin ( lace from aliexpress are made of synthetic fabric so you will need rit dye or a brand that work on synthetic, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcJVBHCSYA even if she do another project this girl give good explanation about how to use dye )
>>
>>9404758
I think anon meant half of hairline lace front
>>
>>9404827
sorry wanted to answer >>9403341
>>
File: 350px-Sprite_7_s_Sina.png (35KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Sprite_7_s_Sina.png
35KB, 350x210px
planning on cosplaying as Sina, but her hair confuses the hell out of me. I just need help in general. how do i style a wig like her hair?
>>
>>9404670
If you don't want an anime boyish wig but an actual short wig you'll have to get a full lace one. Does anyone know where u can buy short full lace wigs?
>>
>>9391198
Check lucaille. They're usually my go-to if I need a really weird color.
>>
Does anyone know a good way to do Aqua's hair loop? It didn't look too hard at first but I'm kinda stumped now since I'm new to wig styling.
>>
File: airplane.jpg (388KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
airplane.jpg
388KB, 2560x1600px
Best way to transport a wig overseas by airplane? I need to have it styled before I travel and have it come out fine on the other end.
>>
What are some good fashion japanese brands? I was thinking something in the lines of Priscila.

I want one for casual wear, but I'd rather not walk all around Shibuya looking for shops.
>>
>>9405966
Seconding, I've been looking for my first fashion wig to specifically wear in Japan this spring.
>>
File: 1454022972419.png (490KB, 614x760px) Image search: [Google]
1454022972419.png
490KB, 614x760px
Hi, I'm a complete newcomer to cosplaying. I'm looking at this wig, but I'm just not sure about it.
For this cheap, will it be any good? It also'll go below my shoulders, which isn't exactly accurate. It doesn't seem like there are any other options which are unfortunate. Any recommendations/tips? Thanks for helping a new comer out.

http://www.milanoo.com/product/sound-euphonium-oumae-kumiko-cosplay-wig-p637163.html
>>
>>9405996
don't buy from milanoo!!! ever!!

they're a renowned scam site that sends out shit tier products (if they send it at all)
>>
File: 1459984538506.png (36KB, 292x347px) Image search: [Google]
1459984538506.png
36KB, 292x347px
>>9406000
Wow, thanks for the heads up.
I'm trying to find other websites for the wig, but they all don't seem very reputable. Does anyone have any other wigs that could be good replacements?
Just searching around on wig sites, they don't just seem to capture the fluff.

heres another ref. image
>>
Anyone have any experience with Arda's Silky line? I was thinking about getting one for a more casual wear since I hear it tangles less but I also hear that it's really shiny. Also on that note, what are the best methods for making a wig less shiny? I hear baby powder works on some.
>>
>>9406008
no problem friend!
You're gonna need to style to achieve that kind of fluff- Wigs just don't come with that kind of shape out of the bag. Your best bet is finding a wig that matches in colour and working from there. Prefferably something a little longer than what you think you need, as it'll give you room to work with, and you can trim the ends once you're happy with the style.
Personally, i'd reccomend these stores:
>Matchwigs (i love them, surprised not many people seem to know about them)
>Lucaille (LOTS of variety and colours etc., but owner is ESL, though very friendly and helpful. They once made a custom option on the site just for me so I could get the amount of twintail clips i needed!)
>Arda (kinda pricey, i've never used them personally but a lot of people seem to rave about them)
>a variety of taobao stores (you'll need an SS and it'll take some time to get to you. Also, sites are all in chinese and a little confusing, but there are a number of GREAT stores there. Check the taobao thread!)
>Wigisfashion (also never used them, but stellar reviews)

eBay etc. is an option, but is really only useful if you have an eye for what listings to pick, which it sounds like you don't just yet. If worst comes to worst, just order the wig in the right shade and commission someone to style it! Good luck.
>>
File: IMG_9635 copy2.jpg (696KB, 2048x1138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9635 copy2.jpg
696KB, 2048x1138px
>>9406076
Arda silky is not shiny imo. It's still more matte than any ebay wig or epic cosplay wig, although slightly shinier than Arda classic. I've attached a photo of their mocha color (sister color: dark brown)
>>
>>9405783
You probably want to use a piece of stiffened felt or posterboard and glue the hair to it.
>>
Long for a long curly white wig with blunt bangs preferably. Any recommendations on the matte-est wig out there right now?
>>
>>9406514
Arda.
>>
Make sure y'all bleach your knots and thin the hair out at the top of your lace front wigs. Don't pull an Alexa Poletti.
>>
File: 1467081990252.png (260KB, 426x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467081990252.png
260KB, 426x720px
>>9406094
after looking through some of the sites you posted, this seems like the best option
https://www.arda-wigs.com/collections/cosplay/products/greta-classic?variant=27836217798

I think this is the closest looking one overall, and wont require much in terms of overall effort.
Anyone have a second opinion though? Wanna get some more thoughts before I buy a 30$ wig i'll wear only once or twice.
>>
File: Tresse_einnaehen_2.jpg (100KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
Tresse_einnaehen_2.jpg
100KB, 1024x685px
Is there a way to attach wefts to the front part of a wig? All the tutorials I search for just show how to attach them to the back and sides.

I need to make the bangs of a wig thicker.
>>
File: Jaguar-071A-SIDE.jpg (65KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar-071A-SIDE.jpg
65KB, 532x800px
Wrong colour, I know, but would the back of this wig be long enough to pull into a tiny ponytail like with Breath of the Wild Link? Or should i get a medium length wig from Arda and just trim it back?
>>
File: 5290503.jpeg 720×720 .png (392KB, 663x503px) Image search: [Google]
5290503.jpeg 720×720 .png
392KB, 663x503px
What are some anon's favorite amazon wig stores?

>>9405556
Reminds me of a longer more OTT version of pic related, try those huge fashion curlers, hair dryer on medium heat and got2b styling spray. Also depending on what kind of wig you have make sure you let the wig cool down before removing the curlers.

I hope my shitty collage helps, anon.

>>9408614
I think you might want to go longer, the layers might give you some trouble
>>
>>9409132
Thank you so much, anon! I was thinking of doing this but I wasn't sure how the end product would really look.
>>
>>9409235
You're welcome, best of luck!
>>
Does anyone have any experience buying a wig from Kasou's Cosplay Wig Shop? They used to be on Etsy, but recently moved to their own site domain.

The wigs look like just what I'm looking for, but I'm curious to see if anyone's used them before for anything, particularly their S-1 style but anything goes in terms of what the wigs in general are like.
>>
Well, I've just found out that Arda has gone full retard with shipping and it now costs 40 bucks to send a wig to my country. Are there any other shops that sell hiperlon wigs ? I know about The Five Wits but they have a mixed catalog, some are and some aren't
>>
>>9410012
Sorry to hear that, have you tried matchwigs?

>>9409673
I'm tempted to try them, but i'm a little iffy for some dumb reason.
>>
>>9410064
>hiperlon wigs
>free worldwide shipping if you don't mind waiting a little (I don't)
>2 dollars and you get a tracking number

Holy shit sign me up. I'm gonna look around for reviews and pics of the wigs but it sounds great !
>>
File: image.jpg (303KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303KB, 600x900px
Anyone know where Yaya found this wig? Love how natural it looks but she doesn't list it on her site.
>>
>>9411139
Just a guess, but maybe it could be one of Arda's lace fronts? Maybe a Dany?
>>
>>9412111
That's what I thought, but I'm having a hard time placing that colour. Too copper to be their auburn, too red to be their warm light brown.

It's a great realistic looking red. Every wig I've come across has been way too saturated and just screams 'Hello! I am a Wig! Ask me how!'
>>
>>9406094
Wanting to try WigisFashion, but does anyone know how well they fit on bigger heads?
>>
>>9412308
To me it looks like it could be warm light brown, but the lighting of the picture may be messing with how it appears.
>>
>>9406118
Not that anon, but I've been waiting for YEARS for someone to comment on Arda's new silky so ty.

Another question though, would you say that it tangles less or just the same? How about combing/taking out the knots?
>>
>>9368763
Mostly good, yes. Their fashion wigs are pretty great, quite soft and hardly tangles. I also ordered a couple character wigs - Rin Tohsaka, which was very thick and soft and a very interesting colour (they mixed grey, black, and burgundy fibers to get that charcoal colour).

But, the third wig I got was for Irina Jelavich from Assassination Classroom, and not only was it more yellow than the stock photo, it tangles like a bitch. Of course, it's quite curly so that might be expected, but the fibers themselves seem a lot more coarse.

I have a handful of other wigs I ordered from them that I've never had a chance to wear (Jibril, Esdeath) and they're both soft but I can't comment on whether they'd tangle or not. I'm curious myself since quite long.

I think they have a handful of wigs from a 3rd party - this was indicated in the description of the wig itself - so stay away from those just to be safe.
>>
>>9405801
this is going to be bulky, unfortunately, but pin it to a wig head and stick it in a box. If you have something like crazy twintails then put the main piece onto a wig head and anything that attaches in separate boxes.

It sucks to take up so much room but depending on what kind of styling you're doing that may the only way to preserve it.
>>
File: Screenshot_7.png (813KB, 622x631px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
813KB, 622x631px
Could anyone recommend a wig for this cosplay? I'm making it for my mum but I'm unsure about wig shopping.
>>
I've never bought from Arda before, does anyone know about how long the Inigo wig actually comes to on a person? I was thinking that this wig might work for a Team Skull grunt and I know wig heads can be a little misleading, so I was hoping someone might have a real life reference so I could get an idea. If it's not long enough I was also considering getting a Vivien and straightening/styling it accordingly.

>>9371835
Man Blazblue cosplays are so underdone! I think from the ones you posted Blue Steele would be better, but I think Magnum could work for Hazama too!
>>
>>9416485
arda has a gallery for how most of their colors and styles look worn
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ardawigs/sets/72157628704900999/
>>
>>9389590
It seems to be popular. I'm the anon that posted on >>9365033
And my wig arrived yesterday. I placed the order back in late February.
>>
Any aliexpress wig recommendation to make this kind of spikes? I need a lot of volume of hair.
>>
Convince me on why I should get a wig instead of dye.
>>
File: tthwrth.png (17KB, 494x115px) Image search: [Google]
tthwrth.png
17KB, 494x115px
>>9416485
I was looking for pictures of Greta straightened and found this comment from them on their facebook, pic related.

So i'd suggest doing a rough measurement on yourself. Hope this helps, anon.

>>9416590
Can't help with Aliexpress but a Jett from arda would work well for the blonde base. I'm guessing the orange and black spikes are apart of the mask?

>>9416762
If its a character like Nathan Drake than natural styled hair would work, other than that rip
>>
>>9416565
>>9416893
These were both super helpful, thanks!
>>
I originally asked in the help thread but didn't get a response, so I hope It's OK to ask here.

I was wondering if It's plausible to dye a wig of this color to black? I've had this wig for a few years now and had no use for it, but the style would be perfect for this character I want to cosplay except for the color.
>>
I recently saw a post on FB about this Tint It Spray technique for wigs. Has anyone tried this? Also wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives that would give nice gradient on wigs. Apparently Tint It doesn't have a very wide range of colours available.
>>
File: noodle hair2.png (73KB, 140x389px) Image search: [Google]
noodle hair2.png
73KB, 140x389px
X-posting from the spoon feeding thread. I'm looking for tutorials on spiking wigs so they look kind of natural. I want to cosplay pic related but want the pigtails to look fluffy rather than intentionally spiky if that makes any sense.
>>
>>9411139
>>9412111
>>9412308
>>9413605
She said it was just from a local wig store where she lives. The ones with loads of really crappy wigs, the odd lacefront and rare gems.
>>
>>9417281
Glad we could help, anon

>>9417339
I don't think you could get it to a true black and it would also be a pain in the ass (especially with the length and thickness). You could certainly try. Who're planning on using it for, btw?

>>9417372
If you haven't already, look for Arda's youtube for anything, teasing and hairspray might do the trick, especially since her pigtails aren't that long.
>>
>>9417469
You're a godsend, anon!

I'll try hitting up some of my local wig shops to see if maybe a fashion wig is closer to what I'm looking for, then. Trying to do a realistic take on an anime character and all that jazz.
>>
>>9417469
(I was so busy freaking out I forgot to say: thank you so, so much!)
>>
Can i get a chie wig suggestion asap please
>>
>>9418542
http://www.purple-plum.com/product.php?productid=25658&cat=5540&page=1
This in Hazlenut Brown or Peach Belini
>>
>>9417331
I'd recommend trying out a test strand with whatever method youre going to use to dye the wig.
>>
Do lolitas wear wigs? I was thinking that a wig might make my aristo coord look better than my natural hair
>>
>>9418802
All the time. Most of the time they don't use their real hair for coords.
>>
I dont normally lurk these threads, do lolitas post in here? Im looking for any recommendations for comfortable wigs. I have trich and my hair looks like shit, but I get really irritable wearing wigs since eventually the pressure from the headband even if its slight will give me a headache.

>>9418802
lol anon, its rare to see a lolita these days NOT wearing a wig
>>
File: chiaki.nanami.jpg (54KB, 526x360px) Image search: [Google]
chiaki.nanami.jpg
54KB, 526x360px
So I'm trying to throw together a quick Chiaki since I got caught up with work and SakuraCon snuck up on me.

I haven't looked at Arda in ages, so any recommendations for colors that come in their Inigo (or any other us based sellers that I could expedite) would be much appreciated!
>>
File: jjbakira.jpg (57KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
jjbakira.jpg
57KB, 225x350px
Not the greatest at picking out wigs I was looking at Arda's cady classic, could I get a wig suggestion for Kira?
>>
>>9420181
>yfw Dangan Ronpa coloring will forever haunt you

Have you looked at their new colors for Inigo? Their "light strawberry blonde" might work. Though for the best results further color mixing would be needed.

>>9420192
Cady would work, you would need to lightly curl it/put in the waves but i think it would work well for him
>>
>>9420181
Honestly, all of Arda's colors look like shit for her. I'd honestly recommend going on some cosplay sale groups on Facebook and try to snatch one made for her off there. You're going to look like ass if you try to bullshit a wig that isn't specifically her color into working.
>>
>>9420181
>>9420627
try lucaille
>>
>>9417339
I have not done this before but this seems on par with using acrylics or glass paint on your wig. Yeah you can do it and I'm sure it'll be bright, but you're going to create a crunchy texture because you're using paint, not dye or even ink. If you go this route, wash it out and hopefully the color will still stick.
>>
>>9417331
Try using iDye poly. It gets pretty dark.

>>9416762
I mean if you want to use your own hair, do it; just don't expect it to look nearly as good as a wig.

>>9372404
The only way to 100% prevent transferring is to wash the shit out of your wig in order to remove all of the excess dye, ink, or sharpie. Use warm or hot water if you're super paranoid; I always use some dish soap too.
>>
Whats the best way to keep long wigs from tangling/frizzing? Ive heard of using favric softener but is that just for brushing out knots? I just got it today and I was super excited but after a few minutes it already became a frizzy mess and now I'm scared to touch it in case I make it worse.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone know where I can get a super short length wig like this one? I can only find long shaggy wigs
>>
>>9421248
Arda's Rocky in black or natural black.
>>
>>9418657
thanks for posting this. do you have expierience with this wig by any chance ?
>>
I need a yuri plisetsky wig anyone hook me up with a link
>>
>>9423183
>Help me find one of the most popular character wigs out there
>Literally dozens of stores sell this

justfuckinggoogleit.com
>>
Does anyone have any experience buying from dolluxe? I've only ever bought from wholesale type stores like lightinthebox, is the extra 30 or so bucks worth it? Also, is it okay for inexperienced wig-wearers to try out lacefronts, or are they difficult to wear/maintain?
>>
>>9421194
Motion sheen. If your problem is static, spritzing it with some water may help too.
>>
I want to buy some Raincos, Manreallycosplay and Dream Holic wigs from taobao. Would it be better if I did separate orders for different shops? I never bought from there before or used an agent so I am concerned whether or not that will be a hassle for an agent or not.
>>
>>9421194
Soaking a wig in fabric softener for several days is supposed to make the fibers a bit softer and less shiny, and help with the tangling. I use a detangling spray to brush out any knots and then liberally spray it with Motions Oil Sheen Spray (what >>9424506 said). Walmart should carry it if you're in North America. That said some wigs are just more prone to tangling than others, so best of luck!

If you find that your wig has damaged fibers from brushing etc. - you can tell because they turn frizzy and almost kinky - you can either trim them or straighten them out with a hair straightener on a low setting (work fast, otherwise you'll completely melt your wig). Getting rid of those should help with tangling as well.
>>
>>9425016
Don't bother with separate orders anon - it's their job, and not really much different if they ordered three items from one store or one item from three stores each. You'll save on shipping by doing a bigger order as well.
>>
>>9421194
I'm not sure if it'll keep it from tangling, but as for afterwards what I do is:
Spray bottle, half water and half of your favorite lotion. Shake it, and then spray and comb the fibers from bottom to top. It works everytime for me and my wigs smell like coconut now.
>>
bought a epic cosplay wig for the first time and goddamn the fibers they use for this thing is SO much softer and easier to work with than an arda wig. only problem with it is that the construction isn't as solid, and its a little bit small but I just have a big head.the temples and back or the head were pretty thin, and I had to extract some wefts from he center back of the wig just to cover up the bald spots. luckily, the character i'm styling it for has a ponytail, and a thin one at that.
anyone else have the problem of thin temple areas with ECW? what's the best/worst wig you guys have gotten?
>>
>move to new place
>can't find mannequin head anywhere in boxes
>have to style a wig, but it's too top heavy
>duct tape mannequin head to costco sized package of small soap boxes
>problem solved.png
looks like shit, works great
>>
>>9425103
*can't find mannequin stand, whoops
>>
File: 322889.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
322889.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
So I'm doing a Sucy cosplay and can't for the life of me find a proper wig for her, so I decided to buy a grey one and dye it with a little bit of purple.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (67KB, 613x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
67KB, 613x800px
>>9425180 Fuck, I submitted my post too early.

Cont: Do you guys think this is going to work? What kind of paint should I use? I've never done this before.
>>
>>9406008
Lucaille's is extra fluff!
>>
File: Leona_kofXII.jpg (168KB, 1274x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Leona_kofXII.jpg
168KB, 1274x1754px
Would a regular Arda ponytail clip be enough hair for this or should I do the method of getting a full wig and adding the claw clip manually? I'm just worried if I try to go accurate with the layering and poof with the pre-made clips, it'll end up looking too thin and weak.
>>
Nowhere Ive looked has a good color
>>
>>9425721
Lucaille has a Sailor Mercury wig in this color.
>>
>>9389856
I ordered from their storenvy the 14th of last month. I got an email the 27th saying my wig was out of stock, of I wanted to pick a different one. I replied back with which one I liked right away, then again on the 3rd with a couple other ones I liked if my second choice was out of stock. Still no response, even though they updated their storenvy today. I've ordered from dreamholic three times now, this would be the second from their storenvy, and the second time I got excuses for extremely delayed shipping. The one time I ordered from their taobao shop took less time to arrive to me.
>>
>>9364723
Hey I want to cosplay Rin kaenbyou from touhou and i found this wig to have nice price/perfect color but im concerned about the length of the braids and how they Will come out its from matchwigs since Arda wigs its way too expensive.
>>
File: IMG_20170408_161608.jpg (54KB, 480x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170408_161608.jpg
54KB, 480x656px
>>9426901

This character
>>
>>9426901
>>9426904

I have this exact wig from this site.

PROS: It's a great wig and it's great materials. I love this wig. It looks and wears exactly like the picture. I've had it for a few years and I'm still using it for cosplay and for fun.
CONS: It's not going to be as long as you want it to be. It's not going to braid well either because the pigtails are clips. You could wear them low but they're not going to be the length of her braids and it might look weird. Sorry.
>>
>>9417339
I tested this out the other day- it's easy to control the gradient and as long as you use a VERY light hand with it and let dry between layers, it seems to work fine.

I probably wouldn't use it on a very long thick wig, but for shorter or smaller jobs, it works great.
>>
>>9370739
Perm curlers are what you really want. They don't have spikes and can be pinned with hat/quilt pins right into your wig head.
>>
>>9373559
Check an actual beauty supply store. It's a pretty common "natural" style you probably won't find in any cosplay shops.
>>
File: bulbahair.png (630KB, 996x600px) Image search: [Google]
bulbahair.png
630KB, 996x600px
I need some colour advice. I'm making Hannah Alexandria's Bulbasaur and I'm stuck on what wig to use as a base.
I'm going to ombre the top darker by dipping it in rit dye, and I'm going to use the liquid dye for it because I know it takes to the base wigs well.
Base wig from Coscraft because poor eufag. But I'm not sure what colour to start with. top right is too blue toned, Top left too dull.
So what do you think would happen if I dyed over blonde would it end up too muddy?
>>
>>9428566
Not gonna lie, anon, you may just be better buying a properly green wig from ebay or amazon. Both of those colors are going to be more work to get to a usable tone. However personally I'd go with the blonde, and then dye the entire wig with a wash of green dye that's close to the color you're after. Liquid dye is very powerful especially in hot water, and I've found that the end result is quite close to the box dye tone, albeit you'll have a slightly more yellowish or spring green on your hands.
>>
Any suggestions for (slightly) preventative or helpful measures against massive tangling? I heard spraying silicone lubricant may help. I'm looking to get a very dark green-ish black wig (Sailor Pluto) but Arda is the only seller I've found with the color I want. The only problem is the only suitable wigs are this long monster (more accurate for length if I trim a bit) or Luthien (I could straighten it but it would be shorter than Pluto's). Would it be best just to go with Luthien, or does anyone know of another seller that carries a black/green color?
>>
File: Sae.png (135KB, 393x414px) Image search: [Google]
Sae.png
135KB, 393x414px
I've been having a tough time finding a close colour wig wise or if i'm stuck going the dyeing route;; The only thing kind of close I can find is from classe and it still would need a dye bath.
>>
any thoughts on how to accomplish miss kobayashi's ponytail? i don't know how I'd make it thin and hang straight down like that, since if i tied it with a hair tie it would just stick out. It would also me too thick if I did that. I don't want to use a clip in ponytail since I already have a wig and want to still have that pulled back hair look.
If worst comes to worst, i was thinking about tying her hair up, cutting it off and glue sealing the stub and make a new thin ponytail out of the cut off hair, but I really want to avoid that.
>>
Dumb question but whats a good way to start learning how to properly style wigs?
Are there any suggested "practice wigs"?
Any good websites or videos I should watch? I can probably just search that on my own but i figured you guys might have general go-to kinda site or top notch video tutorial.

I dont cosplay much but the ones ive done in the past never required a wig since i was either wearing a full helmet or something that just covers my hair altogether.
>>
>>9429771
Just get a ponytail wig, put it up and straighten out the tail and thin it.
>>
>>9429366
See >>9424506 >>9425048 >>9425056
You could also make the wig shorter than hers, to make things easier.

>>9429771
What kind of wig do you have already?

>>9429909
Plenty of good resources and websites have been already been posted ITT.

For practice wigs try cheaper sites like Lucaille or ebay (that have good reviews)
>>
>>9425254
Bumping the thread and question since no one has answered yet. The short clip was what I was eye'ing. https://www.arda-wigs.com/collections/wig-accessories/products/classic-wig-ponytail-short-clip?variant=31501199884

But, again, I'm a tad worried about the fullness.
>>
>>9392459
Any more methods for removing shine and making wigs matte? I want to try as many as possible for this before I do it on my good wigs
>>
>>9430664
>I already have a wig
reading is hard huh
>>9430667
I have epic cosplay's Theia in Persimmon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
Wig recommendations for Elma?
Can i dye the ends if they're so dark or would I need to sew in purple wefts for the ends?
>>
File: Arda-Logo.png (8KB, 558x251px) Image search: [Google]
Arda-Logo.png
8KB, 558x251px
>>9432486
It sucks that the persimmon color doesn't seem to come in their ponytail style, but i think using these two tutorials will help;
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRCwzDBuxRU

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pj00EePJUc

The second one is a little sloppy, but your wig will weigh less than hers so it won't droop as much. But you should also do what >>9430664
sail and straighten so it lays flat (blow drier is probably your best best)

>>9432515
Maybe try getting a wig in the bottom purple shade and carefully dip dying the roots darker

Maybe its just me, or maybe they're just swamped with backorders, but has Arda been taking a long time with anyone else's orders?
>>
>>9432486
I'd give you a construction suggestion but jeeze that rudeness.
>>
>>9432486
You don't tip waiters do you?
I bet all customer service staff laugh at you and intentionally give you bad service.

Should have asked for help before buying a wig, because you've brought the type to do that style, and I'm not even going to tell you how to fix it.
>>
new guy here

is cutting a wig that hard?
>>
>>9433281
Not any harder than cutting normal hair, bt obviously unlike real hair, if you fuck it up it's not gonna grow back.

Look up wig styling/cutting tutorials on Youtube, never cut "flat" and pick up a pair of thinning scissors, and remember if you're styling ona foam wig head they can be smaller than actual human heads so be careful you don't end up cutting too short.
>>
>>9433280
She could definitely make a Theia work with some clever modifications but she should have saved the rudeness until after she got her advice.
>>
>>9423182
Not this particular wig, but I've ordered from the shop before and their wigs feel nice and are easy to maintain.
>>
Does anyone have that Spice & Wolf cosplay of a redhead using her own hair
>>
File: pt2017_04_15_10_20_33.jpg (718KB, 1104x1534px) Image search: [Google]
pt2017_04_15_10_20_33.jpg
718KB, 1104x1534px
I'm looking for more examples of this type of choppy square cut style.
The character I'm working on has a couple of these in the fringe but I'm unable to find useful tips & techniques on this.
I could only think of gladion but there must be a few more characters out there with similar looks?
>>
File: Tsumiki_sprite.png (160KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Tsumiki_sprite.png
160KB, 350x350px
>>9435043
There's Mikan Tsumiki from SDR2 (pic related) plus there's other Dangan Ronpa characters with choppy hair.

I would say that maybe a more realistic approach would be better, but i'm just biased and it may not work well with him.
>>
File: 1485528729340.png (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485528729340.png
70KB, 600x600px
What color from arda would be good for Lillie from pokemon? I feel like their product shots are kinda... hard to gauge.
>>
File: IMG_2783.png (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2783.png
25KB, 400x240px
Anyone know of characters with a similar hair colour? I'd like to find a wig for Acerola.
>>
>>9433267
>>9433280
>>9433322
not that anon but
>complaining about rudeness
>4chan
>>
What other websites sell lolita wigs? I know of GLW, dream hollic and lockshop.
>>
I'm trying to combine different colored wigs together to create a specific color. But I have never done anything like this before. Is there anything I should beware of before starting.
>>
>>9435809
Actually yeah, it's considered pretty shitty to be a rude asshole in the help threads. There's a difference between being rude and making fun of bad cosplay vs being rude to people you want to spoonfeed you.
>>
Has anyone tried taking the shiny off Arda's Chibi wig?

What do you think? Fabric softener in a spray bottle? Dunk it like a regular wig and leave for 3 days? Or should I just stick with baby powder?
>>
File: chunhairtr.gif (36KB, 371x416px) Image search: [Google]
chunhairtr.gif
36KB, 371x416px
Lace front tied up into buns with clip-on bang? Or a short wig with styled bangs and fake buns clipped on top? I'm not sure where to move forward but I want to avoid using natural hair as much as possible.
>>
>>9438269
Short lace front, tied up, with clip-on buns over the tied parts.
>>
>>9414634
Arda silky tangles less, but it will still tangle. I use a hair straightener and wide-toothed comb to detangle it.
>>
File: IMG_20170418_154701.jpg (671KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_154701.jpg
671KB, 1564x1564px
Looking for a wig for Yusuke from Persona 5, but not sure about the color, since his seems to change a bit depending on the picture. Was considering Arda's Dark Blue or maybe Raven?
>>
>>9364723
Where do I find the wigs OP has in their pic? Ebay used to be filled with them.
>>
File: 237140069.png (74KB, 213x429px) Image search: [Google]
237140069.png
74KB, 213x429px
Looking to cosplay Shauntal, I was looking at either Arda's Priscilla in plum or Cyperous's F011, unfortunately it would have to be in 4_PL since it looks like they've discontinued their 4B_F13 colour. I kind of prefer the Priscilla but I've heard a lot of negative things about Arda, like their wigs looking unnatural and tangling easily. Can anyone tell me if there's any weight to these complaints?
>>
How is any of you anons' experience with buying wigs on Amazon? Some of the prices look fairly decent and Prime shipping looks tempting since I'm a lazy git who's running up against time for an upcoming convention.
>>
>>9439787
Ive only bought one wig from Arda so far (a Jareth), and it's perfectly fine. It doesn't look verrry unnatural and hasnt tangled much at all. I figure as long as you take care of it and style it well they're not bad.
>>
File: CelicaFEE.png (4MB, 2202x3403px) Image search: [Google]
CelicaFEE.png
4MB, 2202x3403px
Any wig suggestions? I've been looking at Arda's salmon, but I feel like it's just not right.

>>9439720
Go with raven. Dark blue is going to read too saturated in most lights.
>>
>>9439787
They only really tangle in the sense that they're a little more textured for ease of styling/spiking so if you're working with long wigs, it can get dicey fast but that's true of all long wigs to some degree. For shorter hair like this, you will be totally fine. Their colours being blends (some more than others) rather than a flat single colour loans a lot of naturalness (?) and that's the second biggest reason I stick with them for shorter styles.
>>
File: Mawaru-Penguindrum-reveiw3.jpg (170KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mawaru-Penguindrum-reveiw3.jpg
170KB, 1280x720px
Himari's hair falls between Epic Cosplay's Cocoa Brown and Copper Red, but more so the former. Would it make sense to get the Copper Red since it suits my olive/tanned skin tone, or is it better to just get the color closer the character's? The lighter one makes me look washed out as it's just a few shades darker than me. (I checked out both colors in person at a con last weekend).
>>
>>9441607
Go with the copper red. Most people will agree that adjustments like these are preferable over being totally screen accurate in unflattering ways.
>>
>>9429707
Could try Epic's Daphne? It's not a lacefront but it has a part that would probably work and a similar color. You'd just have to straighten it.
>>
>>9441070
>>9441282
Thanks anons, I'll probably go with the Priscilla then.
>>
File: phoenixwrightwig.png (191KB, 441x335px) Image search: [Google]
phoenixwrightwig.png
191KB, 441x335px
Advice on doing spikes and false hairlines? Specifically, how much hair do you actually need? I know it'll likely take a couple tries, but I want to make a Phoenix Wright wig (though not quite as stylized as pic related), and the tutorial I found recommended a Jareth Long but I don't want to make nearly as big of spikes and don't like Arda anyway (cap size is monstrous on me) so I'm looking at alternatives.
To be honest, I was considering buying a shit $12 eBay wig for my first attempt, just because it's probably going to be a learning experience, but just not sure how long of a wig I should be looking for.
>>
>>9442114
Not much. You're basically just adding a thick weft's worth of hair all along the edges, so you'd need a few feet of wefts at the utter max.
>>
File: leona.png (1MB, 1129x716px) Image search: [Google]
leona.png
1MB, 1129x716px
Hey gulls. I'm in the planning stages of my next cosplay, which will be Leone from Akame ga Kill!

My problem is that I need the wig to match the fur for the ears, paws, and tail. I haven't gotten the fur fabric or wig yet... but it's super hard to shop online when you need to match colors. Should I get the wig first, then try to find a matching fur? Or should I get the fur first then match the wig as best as I can?

TIA <3
>>
>>9441613
Thanks anon, I'll stick to that!

>>9442364
Are you buying the fur online as well? I'd say buy the fur first because there tends to be limited selection of that (on or offline) and if it's only online, it's a bit tricky to know if that's what if the stock photo is accurate. With the wigs, there are usually a few customer photos you can use as reference if you buy from one of the bigger companies or an aliexpress seller with picture reviews. Good luck!
>>
>>9442364
Buy the fur first! Use Arda's wig ring and place it by your fur until the closest match.
>>
>>9369380
I found one a long long long time ago on Taobao
>>
File: b.png (51KB, 216x232px) Image search: [Google]
b.png
51KB, 216x232px
Anyone have any experience with bodyline wigs? Do they last? Are they ugly as fuck or are some of them decently cute?

bonus points for replying with pics of coords with bodyline wigs - can't seem to find any to reference
>>
>>9372411
This is the wig general. The only other places I can imagine going with that question are the help or spoonfeeding threads, but this seems like the most appropriate place.
>>
File: favaro temp.jpg (85KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
favaro temp.jpg
85KB, 640x640px
would anyone be able to suggest a good base with for a cosplay? The character is Favaro from Rage of Bahamut S2, and I've been having a hard time finding a good base for it. I would use my actual hair since it would turn out alright but its nowhere near long enough
>>
File: 134265.jpg (21KB, 140x240px) Image search: [Google]
134265.jpg
21KB, 140x240px
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I am trying to create a large beard for a project, and I am not sure where I should start on construction.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.