[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 36

File: 1474837422088.jpg (20KB, 373x446px) Image search: [Google]
1474837422088.jpg
20KB, 373x446px
Previous thread autosaging >>9357658
>>
>>9362710
Because current exchange rates into USD are terrible.
>>
Did somebody go to Looking for Alice this weekend?
>>
>>9363008
AttitudeLolita put up a couple of videos
>>
>>9363008
Yes, I was there. Triple Fortune brought GLB photographer so I would assume there will be an article in the future.
>>
>tfw dress is detained by customs and they want a detailed receipt to tax me
Time to fraud. Fuck them, they overtax everything.
>>
So, Haenuli's Cookie and Cream looks like garbage. But she teased at what's probably another stained glass print. I'd be all over that.
>>
>>9363061
holy shit!! looks like a Hunchback print!!!!!!
>>
So what do you do if you bought an item (~$30 brand necklace) off an efriend you have known for years and they just threw it in a padded envelope, no extra bubble wrap/padding or anything, and it arrived with a piece snapped off?

I told her and she was like "Oh, sorry." That's it. I found her response to be... kind of pretty shitty?

Normally I would insist on sending it back but I have known her for years AND we live in different countries so return shipping would be a lot. She gave me a little bit of a good deal too ($30 shipped, so she only kept about $20) but I also paid via PP gift.

We share a bunch of mutuals and if I start something with her it is going to be awkward for the group/I might possibly lose friends.
>>
>>9363094
if she doesn't feel responsible, then she is shitty seller.
she took 10 for shipping, to a different country, and couldn't be assed to wrap the necklace in bubble wrap???
>>
>>9363094
are you sure it wasn't broken before she sold it?
>>
>>9363061
Yeah, when I heard the name I was hoping for something cuter cute and kind of over the top, not just a fancy striping pattern. Really disappointed
>>
>>9363107
It would have to be extremely flattering on someone for it to not look ita.
>>
>>9363099
It's weird because I bought from her in the past and everything was fine, but I guess last time nothing was as delicate. If it was me, I would have even just sent a full refund because she's my friend and it was my fault to not put it in some bubblewrap.

>>9363102
100% positive, she put it up on LM first and had current pictures. Also she is not the type to scam anyone let alone a friend, she sells all the time. She is just shitty at accepting responsibility I guess.

But I don't know what to do. I doubt I can wrestle her into doing the right thing and if I start shit it will probably just give me drama (due to how our friend circle is), but if I do nothing I feel like my opinion of her is soured and I don't respect her anymore. Am I just fucked all around?
>>
>>9363092
It has my husbando Frollo on it, looking extra handsome.
>>
>>9363118
>Frollo
>husband
That's some shit taste in husbando there
>>
File: HISS.gif (2MB, 560x304px) Image search: [Google]
HISS.gif
2MB, 560x304px
>>9363127

HEY

You talkin' shit about my husbando?
>>
>>9363117
see if you can calmly talk to her about how you feel. it may be in your best interest if she knows how unhappy you are with the item as arrived.
I'd leave her negative feedback if she doesn't try to ease your pain.
this was a business transaction, not a friend transaction...after all, she didn't gift to you, there was money involved.
>>
>>9363117
i had a friend of mine who borrowed shoes from me and returned them broken. i said it was ok but after some thinking i decided i did not want it to be a thorn in the side of our friendship, since i couldnt let the feeling of unfair-ness go? so i wrote to her and told her how i felt, that if it was me who borrowed her shoes i would have paid for fixing them, etc. and i explained that i would like this to be settled in a way that both parties feel good afterwards, and asked how she thought we should proceed on the matter.
i would advice you to do the same! if she is a friend then she will want to meet you halfway at least, if she cares about you. if she doesnt care about you enough then she is disrespectful and no one you want to have as a friend anyway. and that kind of shitty behaviour is something she will have to answer to in the long run anyway, maybe she has done the same to other friends?
>>
>>9363127
Anon, don't question my ladywood for lawful evil religious zealots
>>
>>9363145
>image related
>it's you
>>
>>9363145
Yeah but aren't there better looking lawful evil religious zealots?
>>
>>9363127
I ALSO LOVE HIM
he is so cold!! but i can warm him up
>>
Is lolita dying? I just feel like it's going to die sooner or later. Just like gyaru, or the now definitely dead ganguro,fruit,...
Just the thought of lolita being dead or almost depresses me
BABY Paris closed, it's only a matter of months/years before the "new" AP does as well. Lolita is just not as popular as before and it's slowly but surely dying.
>tl;dr "the end is neigh" sadpost
>>
>>9363127
I was about to say that then realized I have a fucking skeleton for a husbando so I can't speak.
Let's all respect each other's choice and be happy blah blah blah
>>
>>9363164
i wouldn't listen to a person who talks about "fruit" as a subculture/fashion style? are you referring to the magazine with plenty of different fashion trends and styles in it?
just because baby closes a store in europe doesnt mean lolita is dying. it didnt when ap closed in paris last time, and it wont now. stores isnt everything.
>>
>>9363164
All the substyles will die, Gothic is eternal.
>>
>>9363164
As long as cosplay and weebs exist, OTT lolita will live on
>>
>>9363162
You don't understand the character at all

I would absolutely love a notre dame print, but not the hunchback. He's ugly and frollo is ugly.
>>
>>9363134
>>9363141
Thanks anons. I'll try my best to bring it up, I'm just worried if I do it will rock the boat with the group of friends I'm in. She has 4 close friends who I adore, I am friends with them too, but she has known them longer/better and knows some in real life. I worry if I complain she might say something to them and then they all might start avoiding me. So I'm just stressing on how to bring this up because I worry she might take offense no matter how nicely I do. (Mostly cuz when I told her it arrived broken, she just so "Oh, sorry" which came across as a rather childish way to react and didn't give me much hope to be diplomatic or keep a good reputation with her. Even know I have known her for years, we mostly interact on IG and direct messaging on IG so we don't know each other super well.)

Sorry for rambling, this is causing me more stress than it should. I appreciate your inputs!
>>
>>9363164

Lolita is more popular than ever IMO. The only reason why brick and mortar stores closed was because of bad management (ie choosing an expensive place to rent for the scenery rather than a more practical, cheaper place). I suspect they may have had increased pricing as well. I don't buy from the Baby store in SF because online is more convenient. I imagine that's what happened in Paris.

Every time someone says that doomsday stuff I roll my eyes. The only thing I'm afraid of right now is MM closing, which is again, due to bad management IMO. They could have had a more successful business like VM which seems to be doing well.
>>
File: TripleFortune.jpg (99KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
TripleFortune.jpg
99KB, 639x960px
I've been thinking of this for a while, but it really seems like it's true now. Does anyone feel like AP is no longer the trendsetting brand? They're just pumping out yet another strawberry, cherry and other sweet prints for spring.

The Japanese themed lolita print trend is what everyone is doing, which Metamorphose really pioneered and pushed. Even slower brands to hop on trends like Innocent World, Triple Fortune, and Millefleurs are doing it.

Is AP just behind the times or do they really think rehashing prints is a good idea? Do you think we'll get a Japanese themed one from them?
>>
>>9363164
Baby Paris' biggest mistake was not going online. I can tell you AP Paris is super popular among Europeans because shipping is afforable and no custom fees are involved. I, for example, have never ordered straight from the brand but I have bought multiple items since AP Paris opened. Baby could have done good if they did that too.
>>
>>9363224
MM is not even a management issue, so much as I think something happened within such a small brand like a sickness or death, leading to it trickling down to almost nothing. I don't think anyone even knows who the designer is behind that brand?
>>
>>9363224
The baby store was on a fairly normal and not very pretty Parisian street, nowhere near as lovely as the Axes Femme store. I think the marked up prices and lack of online sales to other EU customers is what caused the downfall of baby, and not doing online sales is probably why Axes Femme closed too.
>>
>>9363259
I loved the Axes Femme store but every time I checked how much an item would cost me if I bought it online instead it was always the cheaper option to use a shopping service. The store is also in a different country so I could only visit it a few times sadly.
>>
File: 346623.jpg (84KB, 225x500px) Image search: [Google]
346623.jpg
84KB, 225x500px
>>9363094
I agree with the others who are saying you should explain your feelings about the matter. Personally, I think she may have an empathy problem if she can't understand why you would be upset over this, especially since you very obviously care about your friendship and are not complaining for the purpose of "starting shit." Also, pic related helps; I have experience with this:

Do not buy AP jewelry from Maiden Clothing. They sent me a bangle the same way your friend did. That is direct, from them, overseas shipping and they chose a goddamn bubble envelope for a plastic bangle. Which then, as you may imagine, arrived broken in 3 pieces. Again though, pic related fixed it so you can't really tell, but it doesn't fix the now-destroyed resale value.
>>
>>9363189
this
>>
>>9363164
one baby store dying doesn't signify the end of lolita. it's more widely available, people are still buying lolita, and people are still wearing it. there are new lolitas coming in all the time. i really don't see where this feeling of dread is coming from.
>>
>>9363224
Taobao and replica's sadly also play a role in Japanese stores closing
>>
>>9363249
AP could release a poop print and still make more money than other brands
>>
File: Neigh!!.jpg (157KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
Neigh!!.jpg
157KB, 645x484px
>>9363164

>"the end is neigh"
lol

I'm gonna keep enjoying lolita as long as I feel like it, regardless of how many other people enjoy it. I was never really one for the social aspects of meets anyway. And maybe secondhand prices will get lower? <3

As far as foreign stores closing, I think it's just because it's not as viable outside Japan. It's an alternative fashion that doesn't suit many western people's tastes, and it's not at a price where people can walk into the boutique and just buy something on a whim, so I'm guessing they just aren't getting enough sales to justify keeping physical stores open. And while I'm sad that there are then fewer "lolita landmarks" to make a pilgrimage to, I also don't think physical stores are really even necessary.

But that's all just my speculation. Eh.
>>
>>9363314
I think replicas are for poor people who cannot afford the real one. If you have money to spent, is obvious you will buy brand
>>
>>9363164
This happens every year - "omg is lolita dying because of (arbitrary reason)?"

BABY Paris seems to be closing down for more reasons than just "lolita iz dyeing". The magazine fruits is stopping for a plethora of reasons as well (people not really buying physical magazines, original guy who ran it returned and is being snooty about it, etc.). It's not they they were ever large fans of lolita fashion, anyway, they've admitted to a bias in styles/who they photographed.

AP/Baby still have their US stores (which is still really freakin' cool), and ship internationally. Just checking tumblr tags, you can tell lolita is still popular with tons of people posting new outfits/dresses/content every day. Just the attitude of lolita culture is shifting, where more people are buying from webstores and posting online.
>>
>>9363385
>the attitude of lolita culture is shifting, where more people are buying from webstores and posting online.
It seems like this is also true for many other j-fashion styles, in Japan specifically but maybe in other places too.
>>
>>9363390
yep, also another reason why fruits died - why buy a magazine when online content is free; when you can just go to a model's twitter or blog and see outfit snaps that way?
>>
>>9363249
Every brand does fruit for spring and it's always popular
>>
>>9363368
You're forgetting fatties and cheapskates. Also replicas aren't that much cheaper than brand, especially if you shop secondhand.
>>
>>9363259
It's still in fucking Paris, fashion capital of the world.
>>
>>9363423
Please don't lump us fatties into that. We buy AP and Taobao now.
>>
>>9363427
as if that matters? about anything?
not like normies give a shit, lolita is still very intimidating and impractical to them so if they're your target demo you're in for a bad time.
>>
>>9363127
Worst boy
>can still appreciate 'Hellfire'
>>
>>9363434
Seconding this, wtf original anon you can't be real
>>
>>9363428
>Please don't lump us decent looking fatties into that. We buy AP and Taobao now.

Fixed for you.
>>
Any good map print dresses from taobao or other brand s lately? I will never be able to justify paying for treasure hunt in the music island when i don't like the cuts that much
>>
>>9363061
So does she with her tumblr hair
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (49KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
49KB, 500x600px
I'm hunting for a great coffin purse that isn't covered in writing or looks like a rounded square. Pic related is the dream but seeing as how I will probably never find it ever, does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative?
>>
>>9363508
Have you seen the swimmer ones? Or are they too rounded?
>>
>>9363434
Hellfire is my favourite of all Disney songs. The commentary for it was really interesting, too.
>>
>>9363428
You guys buy AP? Should I bail on this brand? I want the skinny bitch brand and their sizes are getting tent-like lately.
>>
>>9363540
They're very nice but the "nightmare" text really puts me off of them.
>>
Can you snipe items that are up for bidding on LM? I've never actually bid on anything before.
>>
Anyone know the waist size on Baroque's polka dot JSK?
>>
File: smug.png (482KB, 849x479px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
482KB, 849x479px
>>9363587
Too small for you.
>>
>>9363444
>>9363554
Fat girls wear AP for the generous shirring.
It completely throws off the proportions of the front, though, putting the dress on a wide body it wasn't designed for. And squished tits.
IMO it usually looks better for them to wear something actually plus-sized.
>>
>>9363585
No you just have to wait it out.
>>
>>9363554
AP has been Meta 2.0 for the past five years now. There are no skinny bitch sweet brands anymore. If you still want your ana-chan cred you have to either move on to classic and gothic or go full old school.
>>
>>9363681
No kidding. Back when I lost some weight I was quite upset to find my Chess Chocolate to be ~5 cm too big and hanging off me.

To be fair though, some of that older shit is crazy small. I have tits; I will never fit in something that has a 70-75 cm bust. Like wtf lol. ;(
>>
File: 2017-02-14_2106163850.png (4MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-14_2106163850.png
4MB, 2048x1152px
>>9363439
I can't explain my taste in men, but I assure you that I'm real. Pic related, a custom crafted husbando.
>>
>>9363714
You must go cheap on your taste in men so you can save for brand no?
>>
>>9363714
you disgust me
if we ever meet in person I will fight you
>>
>>9363508
There's one that is plain and mimic's crocodile skin on the Lolita Collective webshop.
>>
>>9363822
It's beautiful, thank you so much! I'll still be on the lookout for more but this is great.
>>
>>9363554
Yes definitely bail. More AP for us since you judge your clothes on arbitrary bullshit rather than having some actual taste.
>>
>>9363835
Calm down fatty-chan. No one wants to be the "fat girl brand", but some of us also want to fit.
>>
File: M2035.jpg (125KB, 450x475px) Image search: [Google]
M2035.jpg
125KB, 450x475px
What's cgl's opinion on this pattern? Yay or nay?
http://cosplay.mccall.com/manikin-products-51176.php?page_id=5923
>>
>>9363850
Gross. You can get the better versions of everything in that pattern set from any OnS. The fabric they used for the overskirt is cute though.
>>
>>9363164
Only newfags ask this.
>>
Thoughts on many pierced ears in lolita?
>>
>>9363894
you should only have two ears, anon...
>>
File: tmp_5365-pop(2)2080842526.jpg (111KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5365-pop(2)2080842526.jpg
111KB, 595x842px
>>
>>9363942
when will the sweet classic take a rest?
I want some more cute iconic designs. this print is so forgettable and I just met it.
>>
>>9363894
I don't care about the amount of piercings, but it really bothers me when people don't match their jewellery, especially in Lolita, where color coordination and balancing are super important. People spend so much on burando, does it really hurt so much to buy a few extra nose/lip/whatever rings?
When my coord has an easy theme, like florals or birds, I even match my body mods to that. When they notice, even old people and normies think it's cute and well thought out.

tl;dr match your jewellery
>>
>>9363942
Does maki still even design for ap? I'm not sure if this is asuka but all the sweet classic stuff is so ugly, I'd be surprised if they did.
>>
>>9363189
Amen
>>
>>9363428
The fatties in my comm clearly aren't part of your fatty hive mind because they still justify buying replicas with "muh boobs" (and waist, neck, arms, legs, cheapness, etc.)

>>9363645
>it usually looks better for them to wear something actually plus-sized
Well no shit, but they NEED and DESERVE the latest AP print and if you think they'd look better in clothes made to fit them you're just a jelly fatphobic poorfag apparently.
>>
>>9363942
Looks like Meta

>>9363946
>>9364008
>sweet classic
How is this even remotely classic? Sweet in jewel tones is still sweet.
>>
>>9363942
Does AP ever make non-OTT prints?
>>
>>9363554

Hahahahahaha how long have you even been buying AP? They vary so wildly in sizing, there's short tiny 83cm OPs that look wrong on anything other than a short tiny girl, to drop-waisted, long jsks that look wrong on anything other than a taller, busty hourglass.
>>
>>9364008
Maki is an illustrator, Asuka does smaller items, and they have at least 2 more designers
>>
>>9363850

Everything about this set is pretty terrible, to be honest.

>V-shape shoulder straps on the jsk back
>pointy rounded collars on the blouse
>Blouse is WAY too long and has no ruffles on the end (I mean, at that point you might as well get an office blouse, you'll look equally shit anyway)
>Layering a high-waisted skirt over a jsk over a blouse. Pattern doesn't even include option of a seperate ruffle skirt, so you'll always look ridic in 3 layers
>wtf is that headbow
>wait, they didn't even include a headbow pattern

*shudder* Avoid, avoid, avoid.
>>
>>9363850
It's shit.

>>9364060
The blouse is literally a normal office blouse with basic pintucks and some lace tacked on. The "JSK" is a plain sundress with unflattering bodice, and the high-waist "skirt" isn't even a skirt. More like a shitty apron.
That said I'm sure a bunch of newbies are going to buy it anyway and post their ugly sewing projects to the FB group, then cry when people say it's not lolita.
>>
>>9363164
christ, every euro lolita i've talked to since has asked the same stupid question. how self centered can they be? one insignificant location means nothing in the scheme of things. even if one of the US locations closed it wouldn't indicate anything about lolita dying. it's just a business decision. should have supported the location with greater fervor if it meant that much to any of them.

a business closing one location in order to seek better prospects is not unheard of and anyone who acts like this is bigger than it actually is looks like a total walnut
>>
>>9364098
The euro lolita's you've spoken to are ignorant idiots then because two other jfashion/lolita stores already closed in Paris before the new AP was even here
>>
>>9363390
For everything.
Gamers
Hobbyists
Pets

Everyone and their mothers post online about their life nowadays. Is fun.
>>
>>9363224
>>9363254
Totally agree ... They went full retards here and probably thought that a physical store with NO marketing campaign and advertising outside of the already established community would work like in Japan. Lolita is a japanese street fashion first of all so no french people or tourist is gonna waltz into the store on a whim and buy a 300€ dress.

They were competing in terms of place and price with more popular, established brands who had a budget set for advertising.
Their website (actually more of a blog) is a joke and you can't even order from here. Heck, shopping services have a better ordering system than this, and they didn't even accept paypal ... What kind of website these days makes you jump through hoops just to get an overpriced dress (that might be out of stock, who knows) and doesn't even give you a clear indication of how much the shipping is ?
>>
>>9364118
For tourists, AP is situated in a much better location than Baby and Axes Femme were. And, as you said, the ordering process for Baby Paris was unnecessarily complicated. At least AP has some method to order online and shares the stock on FB. Perhaps their newer location will do better than before.
>>
>>9364125
Axes femme had a great location. AP marks up their prices even more than baby does, because their location is fucking expensive.
>>
>>9364125
Axes Femme was in a great street and it attracted all kinds of customers. It seemed popular with older ladies too, so I don't really get why it closed down, besides the lack of website. The prices were very decent compared to the other shops around, especially during the sales.

Maybe they should have hired a community manager to make it more visible on facebook.
>>
>>9363259
>I think the marked up prices and lack of online sales to other EU customers is what caused the downfall of baby
I honestly don't see how a jfashion/lolita shop can survive without the marked up prices tough. They need to make a profit somehow. Summertales Boutique doesn't seem so bad but I wonder how they pay for their living expenses. It looks like the shop is in a room at someone's house so maybe they don't pay rent.
>>
>>9364214
Also, I don't know custom fees in France particularly but taxes are pretty bad in every European country. Shipping isn't free either and still smaller things end up costing me less than ordering from brand.
>>
>>9363942
What the fuck, AP, what is this shit (appropriate for the last two year's releases as well)
>>
>>9363942
the print is shit, it can pass as meta or even fucking bodyline but not as AP, no no.
>>
>>9364214
>>9364223
I also wonder how they calculate the prices at shops like madam chocolat and summertales boutique. They dont pay the Japanese taxes and add the EU taxes instead, I dont know who pays the shipping. If I were to buy a 200 euro dress from Innocent World, not counting shipping, I would have to pay 65 euro in fees. But the shops have to make money off of it too. I know most normie shops here mark up with 200% so...
>>
>>9363942
Rehashing the castle from Wonder Queen. Kek.
>>
>>9364098
>should have supported the location with greater fervor if it meant that much to any of them.
this
>>
>>9364229
I believe SummerTales boutique mentioned taking IW yen prices and removing 3 zeros is there price. It was during a sale but I guess that's how they always do it. I also though I've heard they are official retailers, so they may get the items cheaper, instead of having to pay full price and resell, being able to keep close to the original price. I've checked and it's far cheaper for me to buy IW there then out of Japan.

From what I've heard the Dutch lolita comm is pretty big for an European comm, so perhaps they did get a contract with IW.
>>
>>9363991
>I don't care about the amount of piercings, but it really bothers me when people don't match their jewellery, especially in Lolita, where color coordination and balancing are super important. People spend so much on burando, does it really hurt so much to buy a few extra nose/lip/whatever rings?
>When my coord has an easy theme, like florals or birds, I even match my body mods to that. When they notice, even old people and normies think it's cute and well thought out.

What about tattoos? You can't match those. Would you care about them not matching the coord?
>>
Anybody have issues with their shoes peeling/flaking? I have a pair of Secret Shop tea parties and just discovered they look all chipped up. I've taken good care of them and I don't get to spend much money on Lolita, so I'm pretty pissed off. Tried looking for info online and couldn't find any help anywhere.
>>
>>9364432
Accessories like shoes and bags that are pleather will do this over time, especially in areas of high wear. There's not any way to prevent it.

In the future, try to find leather accessories, which won't have this problem.
>>
>>9364223
I remember asking the girl who was working at the boddywood shop at the closure of the first AP store and basically they have to pay customs on all the stuff they send to the Paris store + shipping so that's already pretty hefty (it's usually about 20€ to ship something and customs are 20€ + X%, can't remember exactly) so you basically already have a ~45€ markup.

Then you of course have to pay for the location, clerks and business taxes which are definitely not cheap in France especially for small businesses.

All in all it's cheaper to buy from a Shopping Service, that's why I guess they have to find ways to make it interesting to buy in store with events, fidelity points, coveted pieces available in stores only etc etc.
>>
>>9364361
Tattoos always look fugly with lolita and should be covered with either clothing or makeup. Unless you don't care about looking nice, I guess.
>>
>>9364355
STB is an official IW retailer, yeah.
>>
>>9364436
Well, fuck. I hardly even wore them because they were my "special shoes" so I didn't even get any use out of them. None of the pleather shoes I've had have done this so I was really shocked, especially because they are the most expensive shoe I've ever bought in my life.

I prefer avoiding real leather. I guess this is a lesson learned.
>>
>>9364361
If you take lolita seriously won't your fashion taste and what you have tattoed on kind of match though? Like, I don't expect a sweet lolita with extreme shit on their body.
>>
>>9364445
I would try clear nail polish to avoid them chipping further. I have never had this happen to my shoes, brand or not, and I treat them pretty harshly. I use them in every weather including snow and walk a lot in them. I guess you just had a abnormally bad pair or you have had them for a long time. Usually especially super cheap leather does that.
>>
>>9364449
I wear gothic lolita, and next to lolita I wear metal clothes. I'm going to get a photorealistic black&grey full sleeve, and I was actually thinking about long sleeves all the time (thin chiffon makes a lot bearable while hiding most) for the sake of looking good.

It's funny, cause on rufflechat, everyone was like "it's part of you, you should wear it proudly" and some posted pictures of tattoos lolita's, including a Japanese sweet lolita having her arm full of old-school american tattoos. I kinda feel it looks kinda weird when it doesn't match the coords tho.
>>
>>9364457
I wear black blouses all the time btw, I understand white blouses made out of somewhat thin chiffon would show everything trough. Black may show some but would get the attention off of it.
>>
>>9363554
Switch to Moitié. I've never seen a fat girl in any of their pieces.
>>
>>9364468
I like to think that's why Mana doesn't list the true measurements
>>
>>9364361
It depends on the coord and the tattoos. Some work together, some don't. There's too many different styles of both to make a general statement. And even if they matched perfectly, there are always gonna be people who simply hate tattoos and you will be ita to them no matter what.

Btw if you care that much about what other people think of tattoos maybe you shouldn't get or have gotten publically visible ones.
>>
>>9364449
Maybe it's just my comm but most lolitas I know have wildly different tastes outside of lolita. I know a lot of girls who wear wigs because their own hair is in brightly coloured pixie cuts or the like and would look bad with lolita. I'm pretty much the only person whose outside-of-lolita style doesn't clash with my lolita wardrobe and my comm practically considers me their token lifestyler just for that.
So basically to me it's not at all unexpected to see an all-pastel uguu sweet lolita with tattoos. My comm has at least two. It's not my thing but hey.

>>9364457
IMO gothic is the one substyle where tattoos can kinda work, depending on the colours of course. I think chiffon sleeves would be good enough for covering/blending your tattoo with the coord.
>>
File: DSCN0961_zps630a4253.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0961_zps630a4253.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
So Sock Dreams never had many loliable socks to begin with and their new website is completely unusable, and Bodyline's sock selection have dwindled with the rest of their site. Any recommendations on where to look for cute off-brand socks?
>>
>>9364637
Aliexpress and taobao.
>>
Does anyone still wear wa-lolita? Is it acceptable to wear? There's a Japanese festival here in the summer styled like traditional japanese street festivals that's run by the city and I was thinking of coording something wa-lolita.
>>
>>9364653
It's still being worn, but only wear it to the festival if you want to compete to be the biggest weeb
>>
>>9364637
Mu-fish, taobao.
>>
>>9364655
The city actually encourages people to come in cosplay and had one of the local cosplay community leaders set up an event for it, so I figure if there are gonna be a ton of cosplayers like last year, may as well go full weeb.
I went in a Kimono last year and the Japanese tourists kept stopping me for photos. Felt good.
>>
>>9364595
That's just the case with lolita's who go to meets. Someone who wears lolita regularly has a hairstyle to go with it, and doesn't need the occasion of a meet to wear lolita.
>>
>>9364570
>Btw if you care that much about what other people think of tattoos maybe you shouldn't get or have gotten publically visible ones.

It's not that I care that much as in I personally would feel bad or anything. I'm just a curious person who likes to see other peoples views. I don't mind if people hate them or not, because indeed a tattoo would not be good then. If I would worry about anything regarding my tattoo, it would be a job above lolita. I just think it's interesting to see peoples views.

By that, I like going to meets. It's good to know what to expect. But if I wear long sleeves, it's because I don't like how it looks with my coord, not because others think it looks bad. By that, most people here I won't even meet in real life, most likely, and I rarely post pictures online, so if I cared about it in such a personal way, I could better ask my local comm anyways.
>>
>>9364682
I wear it sometimes daily and on meets. I'm from a metal subculture, but I make sure my hair looks good in both. You can have a vary different taste while out of lolita and wear it regularly, instead of only on meets.

But I agree, most people who wear it regularly will make sure there hair fits, or be doomed to wear wigs half their lives (which often results in getting a hairdo that works better). Hair is a bad example for this.
>>
>>9364449
> implying all people with tattoos got them after they got into lolita
Anon please...
>>
>>9364445
>Secret shop replica tea parties
>expensive

Just buy Bodyline shoes, they don't wear down as much.
>>
>>9364468
Are you serial? Fat girls love Mana and will jump at a chance to cram themselves into his clothes. The French Manatard even took coord shots with the side zipper visibly unzipped.
>>
Talking about BABY Paris, did the girl who stole that big Usakumya and a dress got caught? It was like years ago but I suddenly remembered about it. How did she even manage to do that anyway? Apparently she stuffed the dress under her dress,grabbed the Usakumya under her arm and went away?? What the hell?
>>
>>9364441
I have an ankle Baby logo tattoo and i still wear ankle socks or transparent patterned stockings in summer. Fuck you.
>>
>>9364847
Ad least it's very on-topic hahaha
>>
>>9364776
I'd just imagine someone with edgy tattoos probably isn't going to get into sweet.

I wear gothic lolita, and regular trad goth outside of it. I don't wear sweet because it'd basically be a costume for me.
>>
>>9364819
I realize that for many people and compared to brand Secret Shop isn't expensive, but for me it was a big splurge. Like I said, don't have much money to spend on Lolita. I don't even spend much on my regular clothes. I've been patching the holes in my same old clothes forever. Kinda sucks but whatever.

>>9364453
Thanks for the tip. I've heard nail polish can get gummy or something over time when used for things other than your nails, so I'm a bit leery of doing that, but I will if I can't find any other ideas online. It's so frustraiting because I treated my shoes so carefully and expected they would last longer because of it.
>>
Any Taobao shopping service recommendations? I've never used Taobao before and am looking for a service that uses Paypal instead of Alipay.
>>
>>9364972
I've never seen sweet plus tattoos, but I think it would be good if the colours don't clash. Cuteness can be edgy, like a Novala kind of feeling.
>>
>>9365049
>Cuteness can be edgy
I agree, but I'm not eloquent enough to add onto this. But Lolita was a kind of rebellion when it first started.
>>
>>9365044
clobba
>>
>>9365044
We literally have a whole damn thread for this friendo. Just go to it and read the top post. Though based on how you're doing so far I'd also recommend you using clobba instead of an actual SS.
>>
>>9364840
Holy shit, pics? I've never seen this and I'm in the mood to make myself angry.
>>
>>9364361
>>9364449
I wear a weird mix of mature sweet/classic (lots of red, navy, and chocolate) and have a pretty reasonable amount of tattoos. My work is all clean, feminine, neo-traditional style so even though I usually cover them when I'm in lolita they don't look wildly out of place should they peek out of my cardigan sleeve.
As much as I love ridiculously sweet lolita, I know I could never pull it off with my tattoos so I mean more power to anyone who can I guess.
>>
>>9364840
I was wondering how she fit some of that stuff.... Was it the Chandelier JSK?
>>
>>9363031
Thanks!
>>
>>9364468
Lol, what. Their elasticated empire cut OPs get stretched out by obese people all the time.
>>
so I figure I have some degree of shopping addiction when it comes to lolita, but does anyone else get kind of anxious, almost like you need a fix, when it's been a while since your last purchase?

I have to constantly remind myself of what's in the mail so I don't go overboard, and sometimes simply browser-window shopping and mentally planning coords for pieces I find scratches the itch.

I never had these feelings before I got into lolita lol
>>
>>9365036

>Expensive Secret Shop

Anon, they're trying to tell you Secret Shop shoes aren't well-known for "expensive good quality shoes", in fact they're well known for "cheap knockoffs". So pleather cracking and falling off aren't unusual and is to be expected.

Just some advice from someone who means well: if you're poor, you really need to ditch the money = quality mindset. Marketers will charge whatever they think you will pay for the same cheap junk, so do some research before each purchase. You'll be very sad to learn that even a lot of burando bags and shoes are made from the pleather and are also expected to peel and crack eventually (though in my experience, "eventually" usually means years, burando seems to have better quality control than Secret Shop).
>>
>>9365371
yeah, lolita has awakened that in me too. the only things that make me happy are material and if i want something i obsess over it until i get it. like staying up at night staring at the sales page obsessed. now that nearly everything i've ordered has come in the mail, i feel kind of hollow again.

a-at least a lot of people like my coords, r-right
>>
>>9365371

Same, but I also have a wardrobe that's overflowing its allotted space, so at least it's easier for me to go window shopping, open a lot of tabs, decide on what dresses I'd actually sort of kind of like to buy, remind myself I have no place to put it/what a hassle it is to sell something so I can fit this in, then close the windows.

I seem to have replaced my lolita shopping habit with shopping for other things, though. Getting a bunch of dresses in the mail soon for my Pullip. Oh well, at least her dresses are cheaper than my own....
>>
>>9365036
Lolita is a luxury, if you're that poor you should work on getting good "normal" stuff to begin with and care about lolita after.
I don't think lolita is for you especially if you think a pair of secret shop shoes is expensive.
>>
>>9365371
I started using lolita as a coping method when I got really depressed years ago. Not depressed anymore, but it still gives me a "fix". Whenever there's been a lull in things I want, like right now, I get antsy like I have to buy something or have something in the mail. Getting things I love just make me happy, even if theres some that sit in my closet for a while before I can coord.
>>
Just when we thought HL coords were finally getting better.
>>
>>9365369
Not as often as with other brands.
>>
>>9363508
Puvithel is coming out with one, but pre-orders aren't up yet, and there isn't an announced price
>>
Does Yosuke USA ever restock stuff on their Rakuten page? I've never bought from them directly before.
>>
>>9365462
I'll definitely keep my eyes open, thanks for the tip!
>>
Has anyone gotten one of the pre-assembled Lucky Packs from Lolitadesu before? WHat was your experience?
>>
>>9365371
I wouldn't say I get anxious but I have a very unconscious habit of browsing shopping sites for hours on end on a daily basis. Bothers me because it's a lot of wasted time I could be using on doing other things.
>>
File: CA390628.jpg (124KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
CA390628.jpg
124KB, 400x533px
>>9365455
I just want to get Carnival in pink and assemble the clones.

Will Holy Lantern be available in pink or just the three colors pictured?
>>
>>9365448
I am definitely the same although I have come to realize that I always think the latest purchase will make me truly happy. This one recent dress will make everything great.

Theres a big high when I finally receive it but after that everything is back to normal and nothing will really fill the hole in my life.
>>
>>9364028
Don't be retarded, this is classic. just because its AP doesn't mean it's sweet.

>>9363942

Can we please stop with the jewel tones already? They are not that cute. I love AP but they have been getting a bit stale. So many Alice prints lately. At least all of their cross obsession prints were new and unique.
>>
>>9365653
You have no idea what classic looks like if you think that is classic. I agree that AP isn't 100% sweet all the time but this release of theirs is not classic whatsoever.
>>
>>9364660
Mufish should not be recommended because it's more expensive than normie stores (and you pay for the convenience of having all loli-able tights in one place, of course), and it has a ton of replicas. I know socks and tights are easy to rip, but that's still art theft.

On Lolita Updates I kept seeing many Taobao brands release their own original print tights. They're double the price compared to Mufish but still very affordable, and most importantly not replicas.
>>
If I were to buy say a replica melty moon bag would I be awful
>>
>>9365371

Man anon, are you me? I get that burn in my pocket when I haven't bought a lolita dress for a significant period of time.

Lately I've been trying to remind myself how much shit I have by photographing my dresses, taking pictures of details, and working them into coordinates. It works for a little bit, but honestly not all that much.

Doesn't help my wishlist is still a mile long (ok maybe 9 items, but that's still quite a few).
>>
>>9365674
Really? Had no idea. Thanks for the info!
>>
>>9364637
Same anon but does anyone else prefer socks to tights? I mean I know I'm not the only one but I'm curious to hear other people's opinions. Printed tights still seem to be really trendy but it isn't my thing. My favorite legwear for lolita is basic lace topped socks and those cute patterned socks that were big during the OTT sweet boom.
>>
>>9365795
I hate tights and I hate the socks made of tight material even more. When wunderwelt asked us to send question to Mana-sama, I asked if he could release new socks
>>
Okay anons real talk what is the deal with the shape of this dress? Not even AP's sack dresses can compete with this.
>>
>>9365839
It makes me want to cry. I love the print so much but this dress is a shapeless bag of ass desu
>>
>>9365462
will it be made of effing felt?

>my purses need to be waterproof
>>
>>9365674
design replicas aren't art theft.
>>
>>9363508
Is this your type, Anon?
https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/swimmer-nwt-coffin-bag

That logo smack in the centre is awful, though.
>>
>>9365948
The shape, color, style and quality is awesome. The "Nightmare" text and logo in the center, not so much.
>>
>>9365795
I cut off the crotch area for a lot of my tights, end up using garters to hold them up. So it's more like stockings for me and it's almost always more comfortable.
>>
>>9365455
I was about to post this.
Holy fuck not again.
Where is the carnival anon that had it as a dream dress in blue? Here's your chance girl!
>>
>>9365912
It's velvet
>>
>>9365462
I don't trust someone who can't even be bothered with putting her model in a properly fitting dress to make a nice purse.
>>
>>9363368
You would think so, but there are a lot of trashy people who will do it anyways just for immediate gratification or to save a little money
>>
>>9365839
What is this sweet cut on such a gothic print? If I wanted to look like a child, I'd wear AP.
>>
>>9366136

That might be the logic, maybe. It's not a cut you see very often in gothic prints. And Mana has mentioned that egl was his attempt to put a cuter twist on western gothic to make it more appealing to girls, so it's kind of in tradition, really.
>>
>>9363942
I like it, but I enjoy Alice in Wonderland themed prints. Looks Meta from afar, but the detail on the print is really AP.
>>
>>9365795
I hate wearing tights. Feels like my crotch is suffocating. I always get socks, if possible.

>>9365971
Do they hold up well after that, or do they start to disintegrate? I've considered doing this myself.
>>
>>9365049
>>9365086
>>9364972
Have a sweet lolita with tattoos then. I kinda dislike it honestly. Just doesn't fit and looks odd. Tho I think the combination of dreads, underlip piercings and tattoos is what I dislike with lolita. It just seems like a mismatch from cyber goth till sweet lolita (and I'm someone who loves goth, tattoos, and lolita).
>>
>>9365036
>You can try shoe polish for real leather in the right colour. But you need a perfect colour match, and do the whole shoe. Clean it as if it was a real leather shoe, but make sure you use very clean brushes, and especially for cleaning off afterwards, a very soft one. And make sure all the pealed of parts are perfectly removed, only keep the pleather that's perfectly attached to the shoe on there. If it's really too much it may not be saved, but good quality shoe polish gives that perfect leather shine, so it can do a lot. That's also why you need to do everything and not just the broken parts. They'll look dake with parts real leather, which is weird. You can cover up an surprising lot with it.

I don't have much money too, but for the next time, I really suggest getting something cheap shoes like bodyline or save up and buy real leather. Real leather shoes last a lifetime if you take well care of it.

In fact, if possible, I would say save up so much you can buy leather shoes from a place that lists where they get leather from and make sure it's from well taken care of animals. You can make sure animals have a good life, skin is not trown away, and this leather tends to be higher quality, so you profit of it yourself too!
>>
>>9365839
tell me this isn't new Moitie...
>>
>>9363946
>>9364008
>>9365653
"Sweet classic" is not a thing. It's sweet in darker colorways. Sweet lolita =/= pastel vomit. The cuts, shape of bows, prints and lack of dusty colorways is what makes sweet lolita, not just whether it comes in pink and sax.
Does it come in dusty colorways, has a grandma's couch floral print, looks like historic wear or has antique-looking lace? No? Then it's not classic, end of story.
>>
File: 1456688411842.jpg (34KB, 655x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456688411842.jpg
34KB, 655x720px
>>9366224
It's very distinctly a different style of sweet that leans more on the elegant/classy side than the bubbly/excited side. It's like being more specific of what kind of sweet we're talking about, because when people think sweet lolita it's pretty default to pastel vomit since that's the majority of sweet.

You're arguing over semantics here.
>>
>>9366224
Sweet classic is a thing, but it's not what AP and Baby have been doing recently. Sweet classic is prints like Lotta or Rabbit letter, and is almost exclusively something that IW does.

People who think that newer AP is in any shape or form classic have probably never seen anything that comes from an actual classic brand.
>>
>>9366230
Yeah, but that doesn't make it classic. It's at best sweet with classic elements.
>>
>>9366233
hence, sweet-classic

you literally just said it yourself
>>
>>9366237
You need a lesson on adverbs and reading comprehension.
>>
>>9366248
you need a lesson on not being a cunt

i'm ESL, but what i said still makes perfect sense. sweet with classic elements is sweet-classic.
>>
>>9366252
Learn English better then. Sweet with significant amounts of classic influence would be called classic sweet, not the other way around. Also there is basically zero classic influence in 99% of the stuff that gets called "sweet classic". Look at AP's recent releases, then look at VM and MM's releases and tell me exactly where AP's "classic elements" are drawn from.
>>
>>9366230
>>9366233
To stem this before it turns into a fullblown debate, no one can claim a clear definition of sweet-classic exists afaik. So that leads me to ask, what do the gulls of /cgl/ consider sweet-classic?

Here's my guess about what happened (but keep in mind this is only from shittily informal research). OTT sweet came, and the classic crowd, including brands, took more than a few cues from that to make OTT classic. The idea of sweet-classic emerged because of the mixture of traditionally classic elements + traditionally sweet elements make it hard for some people to classify a piece as either-or.

I consider my wardrobe sweet-classic because I have toned down sweet dresses, typical and OTT classic dresses, and ones I can't quite box into a substyle. Solidly classic prints tend to be simple and elegant with a harmonious/muted color palette, and if there is a print at all, it's elegant, detailed, but not busy (MM Perfume Bottle and some IW ones come to mind). Some "classic" dresses have detailed, busy prints + vivid colors (both characteristic of sweet), yet classic elements (AATP La Traviata, particularly in the blue colorway, comes to mind as something I wouldn't ever imagine any of the classic brands releasing. It has a busy print and comes in a nontypical colorway for classic, but the print is elegant and I've never seen it coordinated in a way I would consider sweet).

Anyone else who knows more about the fashion's history than I do who can give input/correct me?

>sweet classic debate is the new bittersweet debate
>>
>>9366232
AP and Baby have clearly been doing sweet-classic. Where have you been? They know that pastel sugary days are dead and are now trying to add more classic influence and sometimes even otome elements. That's sweet-classic.
>>
>>9366273
Literally where are the classic influences? Dusty colors does not a classic dress make.
>>
>>9363249
This is amazing. Is Kerashop the only way to buy 3F? And any idea when this is being released?
>>
Anyone else think Misako looks like Jaden Smith?
>>
>>9366299
Only when she's sucking my dick.
>>
>>9366299
>>9366303
wot in tarnation
>>
>>9366157
So far so good, I have both a standard garter (those arthritis-inducing rubber knob clips) for thinner tights and alligator clip garters for thicker tights and haven't noticed any significant loss of material in either case.

I'd say to test it out yourself on cheaper taobao tights or normie tights first to see how it goes for you before taking scissors to brand tights.
>>
>>9364214
for SummerTales they do have a small shop space in an other shop (shop in shop concept) that I believe her mom owns? also the owner of STB works next to making the dresses, so STB is something parttime I believe?
>>
This has probably been covered before but is it distasteful to wear lolita to a wedding as a guest? I don't want to offend or take away from the bride but I'd like to don some Lolita for the wedding.
>>
>>9366394
It's probably fine as long as it's not an all white outfit and it's more toned down than ott. Might also depend on what season and time the wedding is held. I've done it a couple of times with floral prints at summer daytime weddings, everyone loved it.
>>
>>9366400

its an autumn/fall wedding. Do you think there is anything I should seriously avoid apart from white (don't have white in my wardrobe anyway) and OTT? As I mentioned I don't want to steal the thunder from the bride
>>
>>9366404
I would really avoid poof. The best thing is to ask bride to be sure.
>>
>>9366406
Can I still call it Lolita then though? I do have a deflated petti I can use. I don't really know the bride as its my boyfriends cousin's partner that is the bride.
>>
>>9366174
How new are you?
>>
>>9366270
FYeahLolita did a writeup about Sweet-Classic in 2011, which I think it's still fairly accurate. My own definition is much looser than >>9366264 's, but what AP does not isn't really all that classic. Their lavender label just has more "grown-up" elements and not really "classic" elements. Their dress cuts are nowhere near classic at all. Baby and IW have got the Sweet-Classic game made, with Baby leaning more sweet and IW leaning more classic.
>>
>>9366394
ask the bride.
>>
>>9366413
Do you have to call it lolita? You don't have to follow ~*the rules*~, just make sure to tone down your outfit and look good.
>>
>>9366264
that's because AP's recent releases are not sweet-classic, it's just some anon who is wrong calling them that

are you actually retarded or do you just want to be contrary
>>
>>9366414
not very. I misunderstood another anon who mentioned Mana and got very worried MMM was taking new marketing/ad tactics (let alone weirdass new cut designs). I know there's some new developments going on with MMM's inclusion in WWFleur but I din't know the extent.
pardon my freak out. you indirectly gave me the answer I needed.
>>
>>9366456
Lol, no. Mana would never. So dumb and so new.
>>
>>9366453
I think the issue is with people seeing non-pink hime elements as classic. the mix-up is understandable.
>>
>>9365674
>Mufish is more expensive than normie stores
I don't know what kind of normie stores you have around you but around here they expect me to pay €15+ for plain black or nude tights and printed tights are completely non-existent.
>>
>>9366270
The whole problem stems from the association of sweet lolita with OTT pastel vomit. AP has done more mature and toned down sweet lolita for ages. But people who liked the more sophisticated dresses (f.e. The lavender label) and toned down colorways simply didn't associate themselves with the sugary pastel sweet lolita and started calling it "sweet-classic".
Now the problem is that none of these dresses are remotely classic, they are still 100% sweet. The princess sleeves, the vivid colors, the cutesy prints, the shape of bows, the lace, the bell-shaped cuus, everything is sweet lolita. You can't just say "Umm, but it's rather toned down and mute, so let's call it sweet-classic!"
The only dresses I'd remotely call sweet-classic are Classic Fairytales or Lotta.
>>
>>9364355
That's a really weird way to come up with your prices

>>9366394
I think it's fine if you wear a solid a-line OP with minimum poof
>>
>>9366394
honestly it doesn't sound like a great idea but i don't know the bride and what she's okay with. you should really ask her and show her the exact coordinate you're thinking about, because it's her time to shine and not yours. this isn't the time for you to stand out. i dunno, you're clearly more concerned about yourself and how you can shoehorn lolita into this situation which already raises a big red flag for me
>>
File: IMG_2993.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2993.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>9366340
Maybe I'm crazy but she looks like Jaden to me, especially in these pics
>>
>>9366586
don't do this anon
>>
>>9366456

Anon who mentioned Mana here. Sorry to confuse you.

fwiw Mana did say those things (in a very old interview somewhere), but even I think it's a stretch for MmM to start making muumuus. I referenced it to try and understand that the indie designer may have had a positive thought in mind and didn't just throw two different things together.
>>
In general, are Jane Marple's OPs' bust measurement at or above 90 cm? There's a cute OP on mercari that doesn't list measurements and I can't find on lolibrary.
>>
>>9366964
At or below, cut for a small cup size, often small in the shoulders and/or armholes too
>>
>>9366464
Normie Taobao stores, my bad
>>
>>9366586
FUCK I can see it.

It's the stupid fucking eyebrows he does.
>>
File: 1486760258945.jpg (67KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1486760258945.jpg
67KB, 720x715px
>>9366340
>>
>>9367006
I'm still not seeing it. What?
>>
File: IMG_2999.jpg (77KB, 429x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2999.jpg
77KB, 429x433px
>>
>>9366489
you're obviously looking for a problem if thats how you feel. I'm asking for advice on how not to upstage the bride. I'm not trying to stand out, I just want to look nice for the wedding and if Lolita isn't appropriate for it then I'd be happy to take your advice on that if that is how you feel.

I've been trying to wear more stuff out other than to meets lately so I get the full value and for my time and efforts in making a coordinate, so I'm not trying to shoehorn it in, most of my clothing is normal stuff and I don't have a collection of normal formal wear apart from a bridesmaids dress which is not appropriate I believe.

If you think that someone asking questions and for help is a red flag I don't know how to help you there, but I can read through the lines of what you are trying to say and am happy to consider your opinion on that too; it just might not be the right place and time to wear Lolita.
>>
>>9366964
It really depends on the dress,some have shirring and some are made oversized
>>
>>9367574
anon it's pretty much common sense
obviously you don't go to someone's wedding and wear something that takes attention off the couple, as stupid as that sounds it's their day, not yours. unless the bride is getting married in lolita and other people will be wearing it, don't wear lolita. I don't know why people always ask this, I feel like it's just a 'oh look at me~' complex. the bridesmaid dress you have might be more appropriate if it's a casual bridesmaid dress and not something you would see at prom, otherwise just wear business casual.
>>
File: B41OJ205-blue.jpg (130KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41OJ205-blue.jpg
130KB, 480x640px
What the fuck, Baby
>>
File: B41OP316-w-1.jpg (119KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41OP316-w-1.jpg
119KB, 480x640px
>>9367669
>>
>>9367574
i'm the anon you were replying to

lolita is altfash which means, yes, you'll be standing out. i'm not looking for problems or trying to ruin your rorita dreams, i'm telling you the truth. ask the bride.
>>
>>9367669
>>9367679
I understand experimenting with new looks but these are so bad it's a bit unsettling. Did BABY replace their designers?
>>
>>9367574
A couple years ago I went to a wedding and couldn't find an appropriate dress I liked in normie stores. I ended up wearing a floral print lolita JSK I had, but not coordinated at all like I would for lolita - bare legs (it was in the middle of summer), short sleeved simple cardigan instead of a blouse, no petticoat, wedge shoes, clutch purse, mostly simple jewelry with one fun brooch as an accent. If you have a solid or quiet print dress that you can tone down like that, then yes. If you don't know the bride well enough to ask her, show your potential outfit to some other women in your family, especially if they are older/more conservative, and see what they say.
>>
Why are brands selling off old pieces from their archives all of a sudden? Has this ever happened in the past?
>>
File: B41OJ206-p.jpg (129KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41OJ206-p.jpg
129KB, 480x640px
>>9367675
>>
>>9367669
I was already over this shitty soutache trend when AP started it.
>>
>>9367697
It honestly looks like the AATP designer has completely taken over.
>>
>>9367702
Which brands?
>>
File: no.gif (2MB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2MB, 240x196px
Some girl at the meeting said she loved lolita because she felt like she was dressing up "like a child again".

Please don't associate "being like a child" with lolita in any way. For fuck's sake we already have enough retards thinking sweet lolita="trying to be liek little grills uwu"
>>
>>9367669
I used to absolutely love Baby but all of their new stuff is just boring and so "experimental" in a bad way. Ever since 2015/2016 brands really went to shit.
>>
>>9366586
from the thumbnail i thought this was yumi king and cringed then read the post and clicked on the image.
I'm so sorry, o Misako.
>>
>>9367722
The fashion is influenced to be little girls, staying young, and being a princess. I mean the fashion is not so accommodating to boobs.
>>
>>9367722
I don't know what people are talking about when they say stuff like this. I wore leggings and t shirts 90% of the time as a kid. The only time I wore a poofy dress was probably for church exactly one time.
>>
>>9366473
Sweet-classic exists, whether you think it does or not. Is IW not clearly more sweet than MM and JetJ?
>>
>>9367722
it's a little weird for her to announce it, but she's not the only one really. i wanted to be a princess when i was little, and now i get to dress the way i wanted to back then, so it brings back nostalgic vibes. i don't think there's anything wrong about that.
>>
File: AP.gif (45KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
AP.gif
45KB, 500x393px
>>9367722
I understand you anon and I'm not trying to say that this necessarily reflects on the entire fashion as a whole but look at AP's concept for example. It's not "trying to be a little girl again" or dressing up "like a child" but the fashion is very whimsical so your comm member's feeling isn't too far removed.
>>
>>9367733
that's kind of bullshit anon.
It's not accommodating to boobs because azn fashion. And most japanese girls have tiny tiddies or flat chests. And it's in no way influenced to "be little girls"? I mean, I get "being a princess" and "staying young at heart" but??
>>
>>9367709
AP a little while ago, and more recently Baby.
>>
>>9367745
i fucking love AP's brand concept

every time i read it i remember why i wear lolita
>>
>>9363249
I think AP is just being true to themselves, and so is Baby.

Yes, designs change over time, but even though the items are different motifs tend to be similar, and I like that. I love AP for AP, and if they did anything too different it wouldn't be AP anymore.

I think it's comforting to feel that AP will always release cute berry prints and other motifs that I associate with the brand, but that's just me.

I'm super excited for Ribbon Berry Bunny, and also Romantic Cat. Those two are examples of cute looking prints that are very truly AP, but they're still different than things that have been released previously.
>>
>>9367755
Anon you replied to and I agree, and AP isn't even my favorite brand.
>>
>>9367743
I think the difference is you're fulfilling your younger self's dream, while this girl is trying to become her younger self.
>>
>>9367745
Can anyone post or translate other brand concepts? I love these.
>>
>>9367722
I get feeling whimsical and princessy and what have you but I also really hate it when people insinuate that we're all just regressing and reliving some nonexistent childhood. Those Meet the Lolita things have been going around in my comm and all the grossest itas have something like adulthood or "being an adult" in the hate column. I don't like paying taxes either but ffs if you're so damaged you're actually using this fashion as a way to regress to a time where your brain wasn't even halfway developed please keep that to yourself and your therapist.
>>
File: IMG_3006.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3006.png
1MB, 750x1334px
so when are we going to stop this
>lol I'm so funny guys look I turned myself into a MEME you guys should also make me into a meme LOL
>>
>>9367775
to be fair she was a meme before she started to meme herself. btw shouldn't this be in online comm, not in lolita general?
>>
File: IW.png (92KB, 1077x665px) Image search: [Google]
IW.png
92KB, 1077x665px
>>9367768
I like IW's.
>>
>>9367742
In ye olde days IW was a sweet lolita brand
>>
>>9367775
don't be salty, it's rather funny if you stare long enough!
>>
>>9367759
>I think it's comforting to feel that AP will always release cute berry prints and other motifs that I associate with the brand, but that's just me.
Lots of brands release berry related stuff every year because of the season, it's nothing to do with AP
>>
File: Meta.png (53KB, 681x368px) Image search: [Google]
Meta.png
53KB, 681x368px
>>9367768
Metamorphose coming through with "transformation into a little girl"
>thanks Meta
>>
>>9367779
does lolita humor count as an online comm? I see these kinds of 'I'm a meme' posts so often I wasn't sure if it was more of a general thing,
>>
>>9367775
you must be new anon! That's fahr, she is a living meme.
>>
>>9367785
reading comprehension anon

they never said it is only AP that releases berry prints, but that they're glad AP consistently releases berry prints
>>
>>9367789
That's fahr, anon. It's only natural that she finally accepts her status as a walking joke. Let her.
>>
>>9367790
THATS fahr???
holy crap this whole time I thought some other girl was fahr
>>
>>9367789
when efamous lolita try to be funny, it's never funny. in this case I'd say it's funny.
>>
>>9367794
don't worry anon, you're probably just confused because of all the shoop
>>
>>9367792
My bad, I didn't even look at the name when I saw the pic. I still think it's kind of cringey, but I retract my original salt.
>>
>>9367783
oh cmon that's too real though!
>>
File: whoareyou.png (342KB, 390x383px) Image search: [Google]
whoareyou.png
342KB, 390x383px
>>9367775
wtf? she looks cute from underneath but i just looked at the rest of her pics and
>>
>>9367722
>>9367773
>>9367787
I don't get why you are surprised or annoyed by this. It's obvious a lot of lolita brands are inspired by little girls. You can't tell me you haven't noticed all the teddybear and toy prints. Just because someone dislikes adults or likes little girls stuff doesn't mean they are a sissy or regressing.
>>
>>9367775
Why is everyone so salty when lolitas try to be funny? lolita humour is cringey most of the time, at least people try and bring something new to the table?
>>
>>9367746
>And most japanese girls have tiny tiddies or flat chests.

Bullshit
>>
>>9367802
looks the same to me.
>>
>>9367806
>>9367800
>>9367796
>>9367783
hi fahr
>>
>>9367791
I know. I just think it's weird to associate such a common theme with a brand.
>>
>>9367802
underneath is her good angle! kek
>>
>>9367806
Turning yourself into a meme isn't bringing anything new to the table and it's just cringe inducing, and it almost seems like a piss poor attempt as gaining efame. Especially when they leave a blank pic in the comments for everyone to try out using, it's the kinda thing 14 year old betafags do.
>>
>>9367809
hi kate
>>
>>9367802
She shoops A LOT and is pretty upfront about it.
>>
>>9367815
hi choke
>>
>>9367809
>>9367815
>>9367819

HHEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY MACARENA
>>
>>9367814
maybe she just tries to take back control, after being made into a meme by others?
>>
>>9367802
I don't want to be the one defending fahr, but she makes clear in each of her CoF posts that she uses beautycam.
>>
>>9367821
HELLO BATTY
>>
>>9367819
hi fahr! aren't you a friends of kate and choke? you should be ashamed!
>>
>>9367830
GREETINGS ISAKI
>>
>>9367832
LOVELY TO SEE YOU HERE, LOR
>>
>>9367818
Fahr shoops her boobs. They look way too perfect.
>>
>>9367832
Oh? CAPLOCK anon is back. somebody who always appears when fahr gets posted here. it's either somebody obsessed with her, or herself pretending to be a hater, while attacking and white knighting herself in turns. I know a pattern when I see one.
>>
>>9367834
GOLLY ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE IVE SEEN YOU HERE, JILLIAN
>>
>>9367834
LOVE MY LOR? YOU'RE CREEPY.
>>
>>9367823
that's fahr as well?
>>
I want Cookie Bunny to stop samefagging.
>>
>>9367836
Maybe you should get a better bra
>>
File: yourightnow.jpg (117KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
yourightnow.jpg
117KB, 800x450px
>>9367839
>>
>>9367847
silly anon, CB only samefags when people make fun of her coconut head!
>>
>>9367849
I thought fahr was born male? her/his boobs are potentially just a silicone padding!
>>
>>9367852
it seems she left when you called her out directly, well done!
>>
>>9367783
Someone post the original. I wanna make DDLG versions of it to repost back at her just for tryin to do this. Show her what happens when you try to exploit yourself online.

Daddy said I was bad
And won't give me cummies

My diaper is full
And daddy won't change me!

Mommy made me wear this
And my peepee feels weird

That feel when
You made daddy's sandwich wrong

That feel when
Daddy pulls out the belt
>>
>>9367866
she already is an ageplay meme, anon. I doubt that bothers her anymore!
>>
>>9367574
You are considering wearing a dress that might very likely take away attention from the bride. This is a red flag. If you need to ask if it's appropiate it's probably not.
>>
>>9367866
aren't we extra salty today?
>>
File: IMG_7075.jpg (143KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7075.jpg
143KB, 720x960px
>>9367775
>>
>>9367852
I'm not even posting but thanks for thinking about me. <3
>>
>>9367722
When I was a little I was allowed to dress really frilly, but not when I was older. I can kind of understand, because most little girls want to dress like a princess when they're older. You should not overthink this anon.
>>
>>9367873
Pathetic that people are pretending to be cb/bun/fahr just to stir the pot
>>
>>9367872
she fully admits to her shoops, what's the point?
>>
>>9367873
thank you for proving that you're as much of an attentionwhore as we already know you are
>>
>>9367881
who are you talking to?
>>
>>9367881
It's obvious bait, just ignore it.
>>
>>9367866
GOLD
O
L
D
>>
>>9367872
My sides holy shit
>>
>>9367887
She's already a sissy meme, idiot!
>>
File: IMG_6645.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6645.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>9367873
>>
>>9367677
>>9367668
Disagree as a classic lolita.

I could easily wear a plain or floral IW jsk with no legwear, hair accessory, petti, or blouse and go to a wedding looking cute and unobtrusive. A lot of classic jsk's just look like modest formalwear. Unless anon is talking about sweet or gothic, she should be totally fine
>>
>>9367999
nobody cares grandma

a main piece that isn't coordinated as lolita means that the outfit isn't lolita anymore anyway, and what she's asking is to specifically wear LOLITA to a wedding.
>>
>>9367722
I hate to break it to you, but even the most "mature" of lolita is girlish and cute in some way. You're just kidding yourself if you think this isn't the case.
>>
>>9367669
the top of the bodice and straps look so bald. this design needs some serious help. like, they couldn't put the gold foil on the shoulder straps as well?

>>9367675
now, this looks nice.

>>9367866
this...sounds like it'll end up hurting all of us in a worse magnitude than it would make you laugh.
are you the kind of person that pops all the tires in the neighborhood after some pulls a grade school prank on you?
>>
>>9367675
Why does the fabric look so shitty to me?
>>
>>9366394
>distasteful to wear lolita to a wedding as a guest?
No it's not, as a guy I think you should be allowed to wear whatever you want (as long as its not offensive to anybody at the wedding).

If the bride gets angry because your dress is "cuter" than hers or that you're "stealing" attention from her she really needs to grow up.

Like if she starts berating a friend for being cuter than her what will she do to her own daughters?
>>
>>9368737
>as a guy
stopped reading right there.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.