[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite things to do at anime cons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Reac 137.png (418KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 137.png
418KB, 600x802px
What are your favorite things to do at anime cons?

I've been thinking of going because I'd like dressing up and meeting people with similar interests, but I'm not sure there'd be much for me:

>Not much of a buyfag since I'm not a weeb and I could get the non-weeb stuff cheaper online
>Video game room sounds cool though, but is it awesome enough to partly justify going?
>Not sure if I could find a panel I'd be interested in
>Do artists do commissions there? Might stealthily buy a PG-rated commission of my waifu if I'm not too embarrassed, the artist is good, and somewhat cheap
>What other stuff do people do?
>>
>>9361267
>Watch the cosplay contest and cheer on my friends
>Check out the artist alley and buy fanmerch relevant to my interests
>Commission artists
>Try all the fucking lotteries of the AA
>Check out in the game studios boothes and try unreleased games (and score more merch)
ex : last summer, went to a con that had a daily contest to try out Zelda Breath of the Wild
>Hang out with friends that came from afar
>Wander around and discover cool boothes
>>
>>9361267
I mostly go to cons to see people I haven't seen in a while and hopefully meet some new ones too. Wandering around the dealers room and artists alley tends to be pretty cool even if you don't buy much just to see everything. If you're cosplaying too it's cool to get stopped for pictures once in a while (NGL its a pretty great ego boost). And the atmosphere tends to be pretty great, depending on con I guess, but just the air of excitement and being around people who like the same stuff you do. It's kinda hard to describe if you've never been to a con before. I've never really been a panel person, and they tend to be very hit or miss, but my general advice is to go to ones that seem like they'll be fun rather than 'informative' because chances are you're not gonna get a lot out of a panel except for maybe some laughs.
>>
- Cosplaying
- Admiring everyone else's cosplay
- Gathering a group of three or more people in our sharpest and leaving the venue to dick around the city elsewhere. Bonus if the costumes complement each other.

I don't actually buy any merch at a con, that'd be silly.
>>
I work in an industry where 99% of people are normie as fuck. Not a problem, but I'm just not interested in hanging out with them.

Conventions are cool to meet like minded folks, chat around, see cool cosplay, see some interesting panels (this is highly variable on the con though), maybe a youtuber you follow is going to one, etc..

The ones I go to do have arcade/gaming rooms which you can just chill back and mess around with some games for a bit.

Also as a mediocre looking guy, it's kinda nice when people say nice things to you about your cosplay or how you look, ask for pictures, etc..
>>
>>9361267
>Meet guests
>Live in the game room
>Buy K-pop merch and gunpla in the dealer's room
>Go to a fun panel
>Mingle and take pics at group photoshoots
>Spend time and catch up with out state friends
>Drink for a bit a room parties

Bonus: if they have it, I'll spend some time singing in the karaoke room.

For me, these things make a con enjoyable.
>>
>>9361267
- find cool new stuff in artists alley
- go to screening for good comedy or dumb anime and enjoy the crowd laughter/banter experience
- see panels about japan culture/history stuff
- go to late night bawdy topic panels for laffs
- take random hall cosplay photos, especially intentionally funny cosplay
- try out random games on consoles I never owned
- go to japanese anime staff/mangaka/seiyuu Q&A panels. The voice actor ones are especially good.
- sometimes i'll go to series specific panels if i really like the show or if the fanbase is especially shitlordy
>>
I used to do all the classic nerd shit. Now I meet con folk at whatever bar is closest, go to meetups, and pick up tall lanky nerd girls.
Priorities change
>>
Playfully hit on female weeabs and try brighten up their day
Dodge accusations of sexual assault
>>
>>9361402
>accusations of sexual assault
>trying to brighten someone's day by hitting on them
bad news bro, no one wants you to hit on them
>>
>cosplay
>meet others who like the same series as me
>chill with old friends and make new friends
>dealers room to browse, I have a friend in Japan so I can never justify paying con price for merch
>usually buy a few things from AA
>check out contests and concerts
>>
Interview guests and get selfies with them

hang out with people I otherwise never see
>>
>>9361291
What is that normie?
>>
I go to look at all of the beautiful lolitas and female cosplayers and wish I dated them.

Okay, I won't lie. I also look at some of the guys. Partially jealous, partially cause they're hot.

I should really set a workout regime...
>>
>>9361267
Personally these are my favorite things to do

>Wander around the hotel and convention area in the morning checking out everything inside and out
>Meeting up with friends and people I know through the internet or some "famous" person
>Setting up a schedule that I never really follow through with but feel satisfied when I do at least one thing from it
>Play mario kart with random strangers
>Play driving ardcaee games in costume
>Dicking around with friends in karaoke or at a rave
>Going to fun panels
>Going to panels and meeting guests that I love
>Meeting up with artists in the AA I follow I had no idea were there
>>
>>9362225
Oh and I forgot
>Going to concerts for artists or bands I love
>>
>>9362183
We welcome you in /fit/
>>
Tell obese chicks they look great.
>>
Panels are hit or miss but still worth going to. Game shows can be pretty fun and anything involving voice actors or guests can be fun most of the time.
Artist alley for all the reasons already stated. Seriously some neat stuff and always end up purchase something.
Game rooms are eh not so much of a gamer anymore but board games can be a good common ground.
Dealer room up to you if you want to buy. If they sell sweets and ramune soda those are solid
Cosplay is always a must for sizable cons. People really pull off some amazing outfits.
And overall it's an atmospheric event really. You show up and its awesome to be amongst so many people who are like you and enjoy what you do to.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.