[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Super Spoonfeeding Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 38

File: superspoonnew.jpg (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
superspoonnew.jpg
1MB, 2550x3300px
Cosplay, J-fashion, Lolita fashion. Put all your basic female dog questions here and stop whinging in other threads. Also, if you have any informative tutorials / guides / whatever links; dumb them here as a preventative measure.
>>
>>9356551
How do you get good concrit as a new lolita?
>>
To start things off I want to do a bit of pre-crime:

>Why does Lolita have rules?
Every fashion style has a set of defining characteristics that separate it from other visual styles. Lolita does not have "rules" or "guidelines" as a barrier to entry; these points merely define what makes an outfit fit into this categorical word over another. If you like most of the Lolita look, but do not want to follow one of the cardinal rules; no one is stopping you from wearing clothing the way you would like to wear clothing. You might even look better then if you had worn it how you are "suppose" to. However, it is unreasonable to be a mold breaker AND demand people still recognize you as part of that mold.

>I really like this style, but it seems to be dead...
If you like the look of a Japanese street style that is currently considered "dead"; there is nothing stopping you from still wearing it. Be proud of being who you are; do not worry if something isn't as popular as it use to be or if it literally isn't visible on social media anymore.
>>
Is there a reason selfposting is bad on /cgl/? What's wrong with creating original content for a relatively slow board?
>>
>>9356566
Selfposting is only bad if you a) don't identify it as such or b) post it in a place where its inappropriate (for example, Closet of Frills). Because cgl (and 4chan in general) is an anonymous image board, anything that outs the posters is sort of looked down on. That being said, there are plenty of threads where selfposting is encouraged (WIP, drawing, selfpost, etc).
>>
>>9356555
First, assume that there will be some negative comments. That's not because it always happens, but because expecting some negativity up front emotionally prepares you for when it eventually happens.
Second; Start by posting at least one coord without directly asking for contrict on places like tumblr, facebook groups and amino. See how the feedback makes you feel and if you feel comfortable with the tone of how people respond to your outfits, start asking for concrit somewhere in the next post.
Third; Besides asking for concrit in the description, try to ask specific questions / statements like; "Do these four colors seem unbalanced?" meaning, if you were trying to make a coord with four main colors present instead of, say, the classic two, making this question/acknowledgement helps to engage and also provide a starting point for someone to give a concrit.
>>
>>9356566
>>9356570
It also tends to make people feel like their are alternative motives at play when people do it in a context where self-posting isn't clearly stated as welcome. People come here because they want a more "genuine" interaction with other people; not an advertisement wrapped up in a deceptive way.
Also, there are many Lolita comms that will literally ban people they find out use cgl, because it's considered a "hive of bullying".
>>
>>9356570
Why isn't it ok to self-post in CoF here if your actual CoF FB post gets forgotten or left out? I understand remaining anon but I'd like my CoF posts to always get posted to the CoF thread here in case I can get some concrit.
>>
>>9356588
I guess I should qualify: its okay if you're posting a photo that you also posted to CoF, its not okay to post a random photo just to get concrit. I think even within the CoF right now, people were encouraging those who wanted concrit to make sure their coord got posted if someone doing a dump forgot it.
>>
>>9356588
Maybe if you super lampshade the fact you are self-posting with a creative or humourios statement it will be accepted better with less backlash. There is a fine line between just wanting more exposure and having motives to whore yourself out for e-fame. It's murky waters and that's why everyone is so sensitive to it.
>>
>>9356593
well that kind of sucks because there is no place but here to really get some honest concrit spoken freely.
>>
do i count as 'tall' by lolita standards if i'm ~5'6? can i still wear most of the clothes at my height? what about things like otks or printed tights? can i wear those without looking like a moron (my legs are super long)?
>>
>>9356604
I depends on your body proportions, you'll have to take measurements and read item measurements. I'm 5'7, don't consider myself tall and I sometimes have trouble with overall length and torso and sleeve lengths on some items. Others are ok, even in the same brand, if they are slightly longer or a different cut.
>>
>>9356604
Yes, by Japanese standards. Be aware that anything made in Asia, for an Asian consumer base, will be sized for people smaller then the average westerner. Japanese brands are starting to make their main pieces bigger, but most of their accessories are still sized for smaller people. The safest route to go with, as you are starting, is to by legwear labeled clearly for tall people, usually off-brand, and then pairing back to brand main pieces. Another option is to look into garter belts; I have seen lolitas convert tights into otks and then use garter belts to keep them from slipping down.

>>9356599
You can always start a self-post thread (make sure that's the actual subject name). Just don't start a thread meant to be entirely about yourself; start it with your self post but clearly state it's open to all self-posts.
>>
>>9356604
Imo tall by East Asian standards is usually 165cm+, which you fall into. However, your height is pretty average for a Western person and there are tons of lolitas taller than you (such as myself lol).
You should fit stuff fine save for maybe older pieces and some AP dresses. I've found a lot of Asian tights actually cater to up to 168cm heights now so you should be good for legwear.
>>
Is gyaru just normal western fashion but on Asian people?
>>
>>9356810
It can be similar to western fashion in some aspects but it's often a lot more over the top to the point where it stands out and is definitely considered alternative fashion, in motifs (extremely girly like hime or very punkish like rokku, etc.) but especially in makeup techniques, hair and nail styling which are "typical" of gyaru and aren't common in mainstream fashion.
>>
>>9356579
>hive of bullying
Kek
>>
>>9356861
I thought we were the air traffic control tower of hate?
>>
>>9356861
>>9356871
Why not both?

Where is a basic quick guide for new lolitas to get the basics of a coord, the rules and an explanation of why replicas are bad that we can throw at them and dodge the basic newbie conversation that we get over and over?
Some people love explaining, I want to just give them a good beginner resource guide.
>>
>>9356894
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/ and F Yeah Lolita are great for basic newbie questions, it's quite a bit to read but they cover most topics.
This blog: http://replicarescue.tumblr.com/ covers the topic of how to spot replicas and other low quality items and shady stores. I can't find the url of the blog that discussed the illegality issues of replicas but I'll post again if I find it.
And this video is quite old but still has great and simple tips for coordinating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsMNZk67AVo
>>
>>9356604
yes you still can I am also 5'6 and I wear mostly ap and baby I am mostly leg but I dont often have issues with tights or socks but would avoid mini skirts, salos and sack dresses as they all tend to be very very short
>>
>>9356907
is there any other similar videos this one wont play in my country.
>>
>>9356944
I have no idea, sorry, but maybe another anon can help you out with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 480x640px
What are good Lolita hairstyles without bangs? Alternatively, where can I get natural looking clip ins that are easy to blend?
>>
File: gallery-1453197925-resi-4.jpg (111KB, 1024x446px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1453197925-resi-4.jpg
111KB, 1024x446px
I need to do a wig like pic related (but in black). Other than shelling out $60 for a lacefront, is there a way to achieve this with a regular but thickly wefted short wig?

I found tutorials about creating a kind of shitty self-made "lacefront" which I can do but I was wondering if there were any other tips to create that kind of "bang-bump" volume. I need it lifted slightly off my forehead but not super dramatically, just in a natural way.
>>
>>9356810
Gal in the West is california valley girls pretending to be asians pretending to be california valley girls.
>>
>>9356551
OK so is it just 100% illegal to be a genderqueer lolita. It's not a big part of my personality, I don't advertise it or anything, but it would be nice to be open about my pronouns without people bitching me out about wanting to be special. I present feminine and accept female pronouns while I'm dresses up bc there's really no point in asking anyone to do otherwise, but I'd like to be able to not lie to people, you know? I've been a lolita for ten years and out for four; I'm pretty sure I've graduated Ita College. Is it my destiny to just never ever mention my pronouns when I'm in lolita, or never have lolita friends? If so...oh well, I guess.
>>
>>9357059
As long as you aren't an attention whore about it, most lolitas don't care. The ones that do are usually the types to have a problem with genderqueer people existing at all. Just casually mention your pronouns if the situation arises (someone uses the wrong ones) and move on.
>>
Does anyone have a list of Taobao, Storenvy, or just Lolita store sights? I checked the Taobao thread and their store spread sheet was mainly wigs. So far I've just been searching for indie brands that I find mentioned and they don't always show up
>>
>>9357063
There are entire catagories I think you're missing. I highlighted shittily them for you if you're on mobile.
>>
File: Capture+_2017-02-14-20-01-46.png (438KB, 1439x2067px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-02-14-20-01-46.png
438KB, 1439x2067px
>>9357076
Dropped it like an idiot.
>>
>>9357059
I tend to just avoid people who switch their pronouns because I forget to switch them. If it's not a big deal, why do you need to qualify it with people who don't even know you yet? If I'm your new friend in a fashion group, why do I need to know anything about your gender at all? Sorry but it does seem snow-flakey to me when people do this.
>>
>>9357025
With crusty nails, spray tans and bad eye-make.
>>
>>9356894
http://www.cosplaycrisis.com/2016/04/18/the-perfect-easy-lolita-coord/

>>9357076
https://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetmildred?page=1
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SakuraFairy?page=1
http://ladysloth.storenvy.com/

and https://store.lolitacollective.com/

>>9357059
So here's the underline issue; There is nothing stopping you from being a Lolita. However, people are getting tired of unwarranted quantities of identity politics getting inserted into Lolita fashion. It's just clothes. You can be genderqueer and you can wear Lolita; but people are getting tired of people trying to use their gender (whatever it is) as their defining characteristic that sets them apart from others. People will accept you as long as you are a "normal" person; meaning your gender is one part of the greater whole of yourself. Where resistance will show is if you only focus on it or only talk about that one aspect of yourself.
>>
How in the world do I go about using a shopping service? What ones do people trust the most? Not gonna lie, they scare me a little bit.
>>
>>9357186
For Chinese sites or Japanese sites?
>>
>>9357186
There's quite a few sources regarding shopping services, for example the spreadsheet in the Taobao thread for stuff from Taobao. There's also a thread for Japanese shopping services here on cgl. I'd read through that carefully, decide on two or three services that seem good, and then look for recent reviews / ask people from the local comm about their experience.
>>
>>9357016
This belongs in help thread not spoon feeding
>>
>>9357387
>lets fuck up the containment thread by splitting hairs about things
ffs this is why we can't have nice things
>>
>>9357077
Ah, not used to spread sheets, thanks and thanks >>9357177 might be ordering from sweetmildred soon
>>
>>9356566
With anonymous board culture in general, selfposting is seen as negative. It comes off as though someone is trying to stand out and vie for attention, which defeats the whole point of anonimity. The first response most people familiar with board culture is someone is trying to get asspats.
>>
>>9357011
I've seen girls do the fake sideswept bangs tucked behind the ear or just go straight up pigtails with no bangs whatsoever. I bought some fake bangs from Amazon years ago that were from a Jessica Simpson line, they fooled my normie friends. They were kinda long and you might have to trim them a bit depending on your face/forehead.
>>
Can I dye a halloween store wig with manic panic? I don't care if it looks good, only whether or not it will deposit colour, or destroy the wig.

>tfw care tag doesn't specify material beyond "synthetic"
>>
>>9356588
You don't actually know if the people giving concrit in the CoF thread (or any thread) wear lolita or if they have better taste than you
>>
Re: capezio dance tights, the swatches are kind of weird on my display, so I'm having a tough time with picking the shade. The pink one seems way too pink and the yellow based ones seem really too dark for my pasty ass self.
>>
>>9357011
I recommend googling pictures of "formal hairstyles", look for lolita's who don't have bangs and see what they do, and let times when women dressed more feminine inspire you.

Wigs are acceptable but we need to accept that a lot of people look better without bangs.
>>
>>9357549
I don't think synthetic hair takes to dye very well, I tried to dye some synthetic blonde extensions black and they barely turned grey

It was quite a waste of permanent dye
>>
>>9357549
Broadly speaking, for the best results, you should try not to go as far as dying wigs if at all possible. If you don't care if you wreck the wig, I'd say there's no "cosplay / lolita police" that'll stop you, but I would really not expect any dye job to work. Also, manic panic is made for natural hair, so that type of dye will probably not work. A good rule of thumb with all fibers (clothing fabrics and wigs) is that "natural" and "synthetic" things require different dyes and chemical agents to alter them.
>>
>>9357549
I don't know about manic panic, but I usually use the sharpie dye method for halloween store wigs
>>
>>9357575
Adding to this: Fanny Rosie doesn't have bangs and pulls off many gorgeous hairstyles for Classic. I think she has a few tutorials on her youtube channel as well.
>>
>>9357086
So the answer is "yes, but never mention it, because it has nothing to do with Lolita". That...makes sense... but it also sort of means "no", so I'll just keep being a loner. Best not to step on any toes by using pronouns that confuse people.
>>
>>9357190
Japanese sites.
>>
>>9357661
momoirokumasan on livejournal is very beginner friendly
>>
>>9357494
Spoonfeeding implies an easy answer. Help thread is for more complicated shit. It ain't that hard.
>>
>>9357662
Thanks!
>>
>>9357661
Japonica Market, Zen Market, and From Japan all get recommended on here. They buy from y!a, sometimes mercari, fril, ratuken, etc. Personally I'm a fan of Japonica (they're relatively inexpensive and their fee structure is pretty straightforward) but go look at their websites and see if you have any specific questions. There was a "personal shopping service" thread floating around, it has more indepth reviews of several services.
>>
>>9357549
There are synthetic specific dyes - I've dyed blond doll wigs successfully with those so if you're really serious about it you can go with those. Otherwise it looks like a lot of tutorials recommend things like permanent markers or fabric dyes.
>>
>>9357655
Oh hey person who I have just met, I'm a female who uses female pronouns to identify as female so you'll know I am female just in case you wondered if I am female or even if you never doubted that I'm female because you need to know that I am female not for any other reason than because I am female.

((No one cares and this is what all the gender identifying sounds like to many of us for whom it's not an issue or concern))
>>
>>9357560
Most experienced lolita know how to sort the real concrit from the wanna-bees sounding off or the trolls. And there is no doubt that the real lolitas who lurk here do often speak their mind, there's just fewer of them than the combined number of lolitas at heart + trolls.
>>
File: heart bag.jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
heart bag.jpg
31KB, 300x300px
I see a lot of lolitas with this bag and I was wondering where the best place is to look for it second hand
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 237x300px
Has anyone ever used this pattern to make the Harley body suit? Just wondering if it's any good bc it would be nice not to have to alter a different body suit pattern to have the right seams
>>
>>9357772
What's your spending limit on it, anon? I found a couple sites that carry it used. Ranging from $350-$700.
>>
>>9357803
I don't have one right now. I was more just curious about the going rate and where to find it so when I do have the money saved I can make a smart decision.
>>
>>9357845
The going rate seems to be pretty high because it's a popular Westwood item.
There's a similar one on the official site for $342
http://www.garmentquarter.com/index.php/vivienne-westwood-dorset-7272-heart-bag-black.html/?GlobalEData=%7B%22countryISO%22:%22US%22,%22currencyCode%22:%22USD%22,%22cultureCode%22:%22en-US%22%7D&gclid=CjwKEAiAlZDFBRCKncm67qihiHwSJABtoNIgmC8GadntaIGlkwVaE1Jxdobbm98Hh1QLOdTCvCLUWxoCefbw_wcB
>>
>>9357845
Looks like Vivienne Westwood.
>>
>>9357857
Yea, I was looking for where to find it second hand not "what bag is this"
>>
>>9357855
Thanks anon, I'll keep an eye out.
>>
>>9357016
Search for wigs for a character with a parting like that, like Levi from attack on titan. The front hairline won't look as good but you'll still get the parting and volume with a good wig.
>>
>>9356599
I really like the coord help threads for that, although as with all of cgl take their opinions with a grain of salt.
>>
>>9357772
there's lots that look like that sold by j brands but aren't actually vivienne westwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8EaE3a3dEY

this one for example is the same shape
>>
>>9357589
What do I need for that
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-15-15-36-39.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-15-15-36-39.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>9357944
Anon, she says it's Vivianne as in Westwood. It's the same brand.
>>
Are pore-strips actually good for long-term skincare or are they a temporary relief at best and seriously damaging at worst?
What's the skincare essentials for a dude who literally can't function in the morning, and has relatively good, edging on dry skin?
Currently I use a face soap, toaner and moisturizer in the evening, and if I have the time I'll wash my face and moisturize in the morning. I've used masks once here and there but I have no routine as far as exfoliation etc goes.
>>
>>9357972
A wig to dye, sharpies in the color you want to dye the wig, 70% rubbing alcohol, scissors, pliers, a large plastic bucket/container, and a way to cover your floor/gloves for your hands.

Since I don't know much about what wig you have or color you're dyeing it, I'm going to provide some links. This is a good guide for the dyeing process: firelilycosplay deviantart com/art/Sharpie-Wig-Dyeing-Tutorial-156134465
This guide talks about more general questions you might have, like sharpie to rubbing alcohol ratio: www cosplay com/showthread.php?t=152637
(add "." In the spaces)
>>
>>9357549
I hope this is not for lolita.
>>
are "Jfashion senpais" still a thing?
>>
File: shoes_sweet-wardrobe2011.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shoes_sweet-wardrobe2011.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
Since bodyline never seems to restocks their stuff, where can I get some decent lolita shoes?
>>
>>9358110
An-tai-na on Taobao
>>
>>9358112
Antaina kinda sucks to be honest.
>>9358110
Check out clobba for secret shop tea party shoes
http://www.clobbaonline.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=94_107&product_id=398
>>
>>9358110
aliexpress if that's all you're buying/don't want to use taobao
>>
>>9358038
Friendo these would be better suited to the skincare thread, anons will also be able to give product recommendations and have answered similar things already.

But pore strips are a temp fix
>>
>>9358132
Any good recommendations? Not that anon but all I want is teaparties
>>
>>9358191
Tea parties are pretty easy to find
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Bowtie-Women-Low-Heels-Pumps-Fashion-Low-Square-Heels-Buckle-Straps-Cosplay-Maid-Shoes/32706681841.html
>>
>>9356551
I have a (non-Lolita) black chiffon dress that looks a bit too pinched in at the waist when worn because of shirring. The dress itself is gorgeous but the waistline looks really weird because of the shirring and placement (it sits kind of high, and yes that's how it looks on the model too).
Is there any way to remove the shirring and would it be a good idea?
>>
I'm a guy interested in learning how to do proper makeup for cosplay and performing that I do for conventions and small events.

If this thread is appropriate to ask I'm trying to find some direction on where to start because google constantly gives vague or incomplete information.
>>
File: cardi.png (482KB, 427x425px) Image search: [Google]
cardi.png
482KB, 427x425px
What brand is this cardigan from?
>>
File: 514233-21.jpg (352KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
514233-21.jpg
352KB, 600x637px
>>9358442
DreamV
>>
>>9358442
>>9358467
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/dreamv/item/514233/
>>
There's a top I've been searching for that I feel like I've seen posted here before. I don't remember the brand but it's a gray gingham crop(?) tank top with pink buttons. Anyone have the sauce?
>>
>>9358403
first figure out what kind of pallets to use for your skin tone. Get a good foundation that looks some what natural and blends well with your skin tone. Dont be afraid to try stuff out or ask questions in a store, clerks are always willing to help.

The best kind of make up (especially for guys) is make up that doesnt look like you're wearing any. Go subtle, cover up, foundation, maybe the barest hint of a natural eyeshadow, and some highlighter. You dont need all that much desu.
>>
>>9358403

Start with skincare. Makeup can’t cover craterface, so start by taking care of your skin. If you have a unibrow, get it waxed or trimmed.

The kind of makeup that looks like you’re not wearing makeup is known as “natural makeup”. You can look up tutorials for them on youtube. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a girl or a guy, you just need tutorials where at the end they still don’t look like they’re wearing makeup even though they clearly applied it during the tutorial. However, here is where you’ll end up sinking a lot of practice, trial and error (this is the same for girls and guys), because sometimes makeup looks right on someone else’s face shape won’t look right on yours. Try a few different tutorials and keep what works for your face/your character’s face.

Do avoid shiny lip gloss. Use tinted lip balm instead.
Additionally, at the very least buy your concealer/foundation/BB cream/CC cream in person, as skin tone is very tricky to match online. I’d suggest a place like Sephora with many brands and products for you to sample before your buy.

Next step up, contouring is fun, but do expect it to look weird, it’s a photoshoot technique first and foremost, not for walking around irl, and anyway you’re changing your face shape, sometimes you brain doesn’t deal with that well.

There’s actually a few videos on makeup/skincare for guys on youtube, but they’re very rare and few. If you don’t mind koreaboos/fujoshi, there’s more translated Lipstick Prince or just Japanese actors showing how to apply makeup.

For the weirder, more decorative characters, first, master the basic concealer/foundation. The additional decorative elements are just painted on with really good quality eyeshadow/eyeliner, your main practice is getting it on in the right shape without smudging it all over your face. Skin painting is a whole other book altogether, though.
>>
File: 1458994839595.jpg (50KB, 436x635px) Image search: [Google]
1458994839595.jpg
50KB, 436x635px
>>9357655
look calm down, if you throw a shit fit about someone calling you 'she' no one will like you, and we also don't like people who make a huge deal of pronouns before anyone's even mentioned them. there's a snowflake on cof who keeps posting coords and starting each post with 'i use he pronouns and don't tell me i fooled you!!!!', which is only exacerbated by the fact that it's a bio female dressing up in a hyperfeminine fashion with no indication of their preferred gender
so, again, if you don't make a huge deal out of it, nobody cares. if you prefer a different pronoun, just correct someone once they've made the mistake. it won't be a problem unless you make it into one, and right now you are making it into one

for super spoonfeed, I have this basic layout of a lolita coord
>>
File: 1460209708041.jpg (116KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
1460209708041.jpg
116KB, 1024x655px
>>9358587
and for nanchatte, an assortment of basic styles and styling ideas. can also help cosplayers looking at different types of school uniforms
>>
File: 1461050729934.png (62KB, 1262x356px) Image search: [Google]
1461050729934.png
62KB, 1262x356px
>>9358590
aaaaand generic guide on how to wash brand
if anyone needs any more tutorials or help, I have quite a number stashed around
>>
>>9357059
Lol, how can it be your ~gender~ but not part of you? Genderqueer doesn't mean anything other than that you are cancer.
>>
>>9358110
Queen Bee
>>
>>9357059
You don't get to choose how other people perceive you.
>>
So this is a really stupid question, but would the harry potter dresses from hot topic be able to be made into a casual coord? Providing that it's accessorized well enough and be used with a smaller petti? I'm on the fence of if they're too normie or not. (also the back on the map dress is kind of... eh.. ita-ish.)
http://www.hottopic.com/product/harry-potter-hogwarts-collar-dress/10749025.html?cgid=girls-dresses#start=81

http://www.hottopic.com/product/harry-potter-marauders-map-dress/10749052.html
>>
>>9359033
The general rule is if you have to ask, its not lolita. That dress looks very cute and you can certainly style it the way you would a coord, but I wouldn't call it lolita. The shape of the dress isn't quite right for the silhouette
>>
>>9359040
Thanks. I may just get the anyway and just incorporate some lolita aesthetics and accessories in them, so I can wear them to work without being seen as too much of a weirdo.
>>
>>9359045
That sounds fine. I wear my lolita clothing in non-lolita ways, I just don't call it lolita.
>>
>>9357059
If you don't want people perceiving you as female, then please don't wear lolita
>>
>>9359033
No. Rule of thumb, if it doesn't come from a lolita specific source (brand, taobao shop, indie shop) the dress isn't lolita.

>>9359045
This is fine. I use my brand cardigans, purses, headwear, etc for day to day wear with non-lolita clothes too. As long as you don't call it lolita, you can wear whatever you want.
>>
>>9358191
These are secret shop from Aliexpress, love them. $30 aint bad either.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bandage-Round-Toe-Lolita-Pumps-Japanese-Ankle-Strap-Low-Chunky-Heels-Leather-Round-Toe-Shoes-Sweet/32707652633.html?spm=2114.13010308.0.0.gsVFTd
>>
>>9356551
I'm hunting for a pair of black tights with little red roses on them for a gothic lolita coord. I thought it would be the easiest thing to find but of course I'm having trouble.

Since this is the super spoonfeeding thread I'm going to ask without shame: could anyone point me to some tights with little red roses on them? Thank you so much in advance.
>>
This is probably a really stupid question but it is the spoonfeeding thread so...

What is the process of selling on lacemarket in regards to shipping? Like I figure out the shipping quote and then what? Do they pay for the item through lacemarket and then send the shipping fee separately?
>>
>>9359452

Lacemarket doesn't invoice them for you, when the auction is over, it shows you their paypal account, you then go into paypal and manually type up the invoice yourself.

The shipping quote is just a blank field, you can type practically anything in it. You'll probably want to figure out an accurate shipping quote so that you actually get buyers who can pay, rather than tell them "everything is cheap and shipping is dancing elephants" and then surprise them with a $100 shipping fee that they can't pay.
>>
two questions: is there a beginner's guide to nanchatte (yes, i googled, skimmed the archives but will check again after this)? also, where to cop high quality maid uniforms? japanese style but not cheap shit. willing to pay more for quality and a shopping service if necessary.
thanks so much in advance, not a newfag just have been wondering about these two things in the past couple of days.
>>
Are cosplay lingerie shoots unanimously looked down upon, even if the shoots are quality? I do some freelance modeling, and a photographer was asking me if I'd try doing a lingerie shoot in cosplay, but I can't think of a lot of characters that have official lingerie (unless I go for one of those easy-to-find themed lingerie things like Eva or D.Va bra-panty sets?). The few characters I know with official bedroom wear are canonically <18 so I'd feel uncomfortable being too sexy with them too.
>>
Links to stores with nice wigs for lolita? I really liked Lockshop's wigs before they changed factories and choke lost it, like the 2015 and before. Those wigs were nice and relatively thick and they weren't shiny. I bought 2 wigs from them in 2015 that were just awesome and then I bought some almost a year later and they were thinner and shinier and I just haven't found any other wigs that I enjoyed as much as the ones I got previously. Actually I have tried Brightlele and those were pretty good, I'm just wondering if anyone has links to other places with solid wigs, especially ones that aren't shiny.
>>
File: IMG_0657.jpg (43KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.jpg
43KB, 480x640px
Just bought this off of Closet Child, but can't seem to find the actual name of the dang thing. CC said it was Candy Ribbon, but when I looked on Lolibrary Candy Ribbon was a different dress. Does anybody know the actual name?
>>
>>9359554
If you don't care about needing a shopping service Cyperous is very good.
>>
>>9359577
You don't need an SS for Cyperous
>>
>>9359560
Candy Ribbon is correct.
http://yaplog.jp/baby_takasaki/slide/5254/17383
>>
>>9359577
>>9359554
You don't need a SS but I second the recommendation of Cyperous. They're my favorite wig brand. The fibers are soft and natural looking.
>>
How do I wash a printed cutsew from JetJ? The print is gold on black if it helps.
>>
I have a bustier JSK with plastic boning in it. I want to wear it without a blouse. My bust is 32dd, so should I look into getting a strapless bra? If so what brands would you recommend?
>>
>>9357573
I'm fairly pasty and wear light toast, which is admitedly a bit too yellow and too dark but passable. I haven't worn ballet pink but from what I understand it is not meant to be a skin tone at all.
>>
>>9359494
Milky ange
>>
>>9359713
Please don't wear it like this for lolita.
>>
>>9357576
>>9357588
>>9357589
>>9357700
Thanks gulls. I realised I was stupid and just did a stand test. It washed right out. I'll pick up some synthetic fabric dye.
>>9358063
kek.
I use my own hair for Lolita. This is for a hypothetical Ebony Darkness cosplay at a small convention. I probably won't even have the time to wear it.
I appreciate your concern!
>>
Ignore the idiot wearing the dress, can anyone identify what dress it is and where it's from?
>>
>>9359842
It honestly looks like she's squeezed herself into a child's frock.
>>
>>9359853
I'd frock her face real good
>>
>>9359842
Its an (heavily) altered angelic pretty op iirc
>>
File: 1384317854895.jpg (46KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1384317854895.jpg
46KB, 250x333px
>>9359866
yeah i ended up scouring the internet for info and found someone mentioned this dress. she must have taken the skirt up from the top so the ruffles are intact. and also taken the large bow off.
>>
>>9359616
Thanks, Anon! You never know with Closet Child. (Especially the google-translated version.)
>>
>>9359775
Or you could stop telling people how to wear their clothes and just answer the question asked.
>>
>>9359842
Is that koots? I wish she still looked like this. Well, I wish she still edited herself to look like this. Homegirl needs bangs. How old is this pic?

>>9359870
Holy hell she sure did fuck that dress up good huh
>>
>>9359870
I can't believe it's the same dress. Are you sure isn't just a design inspired by it?
Anyways if it's actually an altered ap, a moment of silence for our fallen burando
>>
>>9359514
Speaking for myself here, but I only have an issue with people doing (usually exclusively) lingerie "cosplay" shoots where they just put on some random lingerie and there's no thought put into anything ever. People who do that, and on top try to claim they're not pandering and are legit cosplayers and they deserve respect etc etc, you know the type, are really annoying.

If you do normal cosplay, and decide to do one or two riskier shoots, I'd be alright with that, but if you don't have any cosplay experience, you just start pumping out bad lingerie/"boudoir" sets and try to pretend you're a cosplayer I would look down on you.

I think other people might just automatically look down on you regardless; on the other hand, I see people who claim they're ok with it as long as the model in question isn't denying what it is they're doing, if that makes sense.

>>9360053
>ignore fundamental lolita rule
>"gosh you gais should just like not care???"
the fashion has rules for a reason :^)
>>
>>9360078
It looks the same to me, but with the entire piece of fabric covered by the apron cut out of it.
>>
File: 1487222713954.jpg (46KB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1487222713954.jpg
46KB, 332x332px
>>9360053
Yeah! Why even wear a petti with that! Wear some sneakers, too.
After all, its not like you asked for advice on lolita fashion on a highly critical lolita board.

No but seriously. They need to at least wear a cardigan, if not a blouse with that.
Sure they can do what they want- but don't fucking call it lolita. Even ero lolita dosent do that shit.
>>
File: DakotaRose-new-photos-01-_shvt.jpg (61KB, 590x885px) Image search: [Google]
DakotaRose-new-photos-01-_shvt.jpg
61KB, 590x885px
>>9360068
i have no idea how old that picture is sadly. and yeah, i always liked her pictures, even the hugely edited ones. they're good casual inspiration.

>>9360068
she's made it way too short. that's irreversible, and where can you wear a skirt that short in every day life.. the original dress is just beautiful, hello new dream dress.
>>
>>9360101
Yea, I definitely get where you're coming from, since I'm also annoyed by all the cosplay "boudoir" Patreon people who pump out shoot after shoot for money with the typical cat-keyholes and virgin killer sweaters. I know the photographers I talk to have experience with actual boudoir photography, so I'd be making it an effort to make it as not-trashy as possible. Maybe I will go for the themed sets then since at least then I know they're in characters!
>>
A LM user just won my listing but they have no feed back and their account is only 1 day old. What precautions can I take to make sure don't get scammed.
>>
So I have a question that I need a spoonfed answer to. What do I do?

I am in a cosplay group which I started because cosplay groups tend to get more attention. Now it seems everyone in the cosplay group is lazy as fuck. We had 6 months until the con to get our cosplay together. Now it's 3 weeks and they still don't even have a clue on where to start.. meanwhile I'm doing finishing touches.

So do I know I will look good and my other group members will look like shit (This will be our 3rd cosplay together and it was the same every time). The issue is, they are my real life friends. So do I just deal with the fact that I will be stuck with shitty cosplayers, or do I leave my real life friends behind?
>>
>>9359713
I'm sorry but that dress is awful
>>
>>9360165
Insist they pay for tracked shipping.
Only send parcel to the address listed on PayPal.
>>
>>9360212
It really is. I actually sent it to my friend as an example of burando ita when we were browsing the TR site.
>>
>>9360216
Thanks!
>>
File: 20170217_163945.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_163945.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
What do think of these shoes? Are the lolitable? My problem is i have such small feet that i can't get shoes from anywhere officially lolita. (Size 2 US) So my options are very limited.
>>
>>9360329
Definitely not
>>
>>9360357
Well do you have any suggestions of where I can find shoes with a nicer selection in my size? This is pretty much the biggest issue I have wearing lolita.
>>
>>9360329
look for japanese kids shoes maybe?
>>
How do I wear AP miniskirt style skirts? Like, do I need a special petticoat (the lace trim peaks out even on my shortest ones - including my AP petti) or am I missing something entirely? I just want to be adorable on a daily basis ;-;
>>
>>9360394
The problem is most kids shoes (even japanese ones) aren't lolita.
I can wear size 4 boots, but I want some nice mary janes.
>>
>>9360193
Did you post this somewhere else? It sounds very similar at least.

Be casual about it before the con, ask for their progress, drop that you're already done, "oh it's ONLY three weeks away, so psyched for our group cosplay!!!". If they still don't get into gear (you could arguably do a lot in three weeks), bring up how you started this group because you thought this was going to be a group effort, and if this is how it's going to be you might as well just disband it anyways, or something like that. If they care about being a group, they'll get it together, if they don't, you can go on alone.

You know your friends best and know how sensitive each person is, so I can't say what you literally need to say; just let them know you're disappointed and had hoped you could be better at it.

>>9360329
Does Aliexpress go down to US 2? I search on EU sizes so I can't really say they do.
>>
>>9360409
Yes, I did post that elsewhere but I didn't get much advice, this, however is some solid advice. I guess I knew this already, but I wondered if anyone had experience in this very situation before and could talk from experience.
>>
>>9360396
Try rolling the waist up? Or get a cheap shorter petticoat; I have a cheap leg avenue petticoat that I use for salopettes & it's worked great for their shorter skirts. Iirc I got it on Amazon for like $10. It's held up its poof decently for the half a year that I've had it, surprisingly.
>>
>>9359388
Watching with interest, I'd like to find these too.
>>
>>9360113
If it's Kootz, it's probably a replica
>>
File: L_g0049459949.jpg (36KB, 750x510px) Image search: [Google]
L_g0049459949.jpg
36KB, 750x510px
>>9360394
>>9360357
>>9360409
So I went through yesstyle and these were the best ones I could find.
Would I be able to get away with wearing these?
>>
>>9360329
Axes Femme has some cute maryjanes in their kids section right now.
>>
>>9360595
I've gone through that and I could only find one pair in black. And I'm not particularly keen on the style.
I'm going through Aliexpress now.
Even though these aren't maryjanes, they're short enough so I can wear ankle socks.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-Newest-Autumn-Baby-Girls-Leather-Shoes-Casual-Non-slip-Children-Outdoor-Shoes-Kids-Student-Bowknot/32712209530.html?spm=2114.01020108.3.288.LTOmhP&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10000073_10068_10000077_10000074_10502_10000032_10504_119_10000030_10000026_10000023_431_10000069_10000068_10060_10062_10056_10055_10000062_10054_10000063_10059_10099_10000020_10000013_10103_10102_10000016_10096_10000056_10000059_10052_10053_10107_10050_10051_10106_10000097_10000094_10000091_10000007_10000050_10084_10000101_10083_10000100_10080_10000047_10000104_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10000089_10000086_10000083_10000041_10000044_10000080_10078_10079_10000038_10073_10000035_10070_10122_10123_10121_10126_10124-10502_10504,searchweb201603_10,afswitch_1,ppcSwitch_5_ppcChannel,single_sort_3_default&btsid=b5690f92-ed9b-46b3-acfc-cab4ae04fb93&algo_expid=aee8d74e-ab39-400b-95e2-b07e439c0873-22&algo_pvid=aee8d74e-ab39-400b-95e2-b07e439c0873
I really like them.
>>
>>9360396

Seconding cheap shorter petticoat. The miniskirts don't really need a lot of poof anyway.

Since this is the spoonfeed thread, the part you're missing is that some of the AP miniskirts aren't really meant to be lolita, most of the chocolate ones aren't meant to have super poof and are best just worn casually.
>>
Are there any other places besides Melikestea that sells voile cupcake petticoats?
>>
>>9360456
>>9360698

Ty and ty. I can't really roll up the waist because it seems to bunch too much and looks awkward (the miniskirt sits perfectly at my hip and a lot of cutsews are too short to close the distance. I love this skirt but I don't own anything else like it.

Thanks for explaining re: not lolita, dailywear kind of deal. Explains so much! Means I can wear it without as long as I'm not calling it lolita. Gives me an excuse to wear some of my LL tanks I suppose.
>>
File: 1471060469547.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1471060469547.png
325KB, 382x417px
What j-fashion would you say Axes Femme most caters to? I mean which type of fashion buys that clothes most. (or multiple ones)
>>
>>9360570
These already look much better than the other pair, but I don't recommend shoes from yesstyle or aliexpress. Shoes that don't mess up your body are worth the price and high fashion brands are usually more affordable if you buy from the kids section. I'd keep an eye on axes femme kids, they have new shoes every season. Shirley Temple has kids shoes similar to Emily Temple Cute's. Vivienne Westwood x Melissa has kids sizes as well.
>>
>>9360982
Girly style. Because women in Japan normally dress cute and feminine (compared to the US) it's basically normie clothes.
>>
>>9360982
Axes Femme actually has a reputation of being bought primarily by fat and/or ugly girls who want to dress frilly.
>>
>>9360989
okay yeah. maybe otome kei is what im looking for.

>>9360992
whattt? I never knew this. I'm normal weight and like axes femme, it's the less frilly/girly liz lisa for me. ""reputations"" are pretty stupid, it's just a brand.
>>
>>9360997
Otome kei is a term that was made up by the west, in Japan what we see as otome kei is either called girly style/normie clothes or lolita
>>
Where does bowsbeforboys/Agnes get her super fluffy wigs? I've tried to ask before, but never heard back. More importantly, what *specific* wigs do you recommend for doing something like that?
>>
>>9360404
Try Catherine's Cottage on Rakuten
>>
>>9361004
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/catherine/c/0000000107/
>>
>>9361003
Not sure what brand but she piles on clip-in twin tails to the wigs and teases the shit out of them.
>>
>>9360992

You're confusing this with otasa no hime, which is girls in otaku circles who like to dress girly, and buy Axes Femme because it's much cheaper than real lolita.

Most of Axes Femme's sizing is (Japanese) standard size M, with many items not even available in size L. So there goes your "fatties theory". As for the uglies, keep in mind, the description for "otasa no hime" came off 2ch, you're basically listening to the Japanese equivalent of neckbeard basement dwellers complain that actual live human girls don't look like their 2D waifus. That's not really anything to judge by.
>>
>>9359494
Lurk the Nanchatte threads or ask there for beginners advice. For buying check out the Cosplay/seifuku tab in the Taobao spreadsheet. There are some quality shops, Kyouko being one of them.
>>
File: 20151031172048329.jpg (89KB, 204x500px) Image search: [Google]
20151031172048329.jpg
89KB, 204x500px
>>9361046
that makes a lot more sense. size medium in Axes Femme is definitely at most a size 8 UK / 6 USA. what does 'otasa no hime' mean in english?
>>
>>9361003
Dreamholic mostly, and as other anon said she piles several on top of each other and teases them
>>
>>9361126
"otaku club princess"
>>
>>9357387
Sorry, reposted!

>>9357878
Thanks! I actually did just that before posting but they are all too flat in the front, so other than making my own wefts I wasn't sure what else to do. If that's all I can do though I understand, but just wanted to see! It's hard to shell out $60 for a wig when you can get decent ones for $20, but I am also old and jaded since I used to have to pay $60ish for crappy wigs back in the day. Anyway thanks for your help!
>>
This would go in the Instagram thread if there was one, but I can't find it. How do I get more followers/interaction on Instagram? I know it's a little silly to care about these things, but I feel bad for having so few when my friends have so many more.

For reference, I'm a Lolita who is also into J fashion and nature.
>>
>>9361672
The unkosher option would probably be to just buy followers.
I think what also helps is good tagging, and following accounts with themes related to yours and commenting on what they post.
Honestly though, I feel that there are a lot of completely random followers on instagram. The other day, I got a notification that a tea store is following my account and I've never posted anything even remotely related to tea.
>>
>>9358468
Do you need SS for rakuten?
>>
>>9361757
Depends on the store. Some have worldwide shipping, some don't. DreamV has international shipping afaik.
>>
Is there a specific term for when a guy and a girl have a matching coord or theme? I saw a couple at a convention and they were so cute, and it was like a prince and princess theme.
Thanks so much.
I can't find any photos to reference what I'm describing sorry.
>>
>>9361046
Nice try at lecturing me. Axes is definitely very generously sized, but you keep thinking otherwise if it makes you feel better. Meanwhile I'm actually living in Japan and see the kind of girl that wears axes all the time.
>>
Does anyone have a master list of all (Non Lolita) j-fashion shops online?

I visit all my favourite brand's sites, I lurk YJA, closetchild, wonderwelt, eBay, depop, kera...Does anyone know any other outlets for J-fashion? I need anything as long as it's not exclusively Lolita.
>>
>>9362021
Fril?
>>
File: 1314550295627.jpg (32KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
1314550295627.jpg
32KB, 300x209px
>>9362292

Very nice Anon, very nice. This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Not quite sure how it works but it looks like I can throw money at it and clothes will come out.
>>
>>9361784
Couple twinning perhaps?
>>
How do I make my stitches less bulky?
I'm re-fitting a dress with a Singer Curvy, it's a knit material so I'm using the zigzag stitch.
Pls no bully.
>>
>>9362553
Take a beginner sewing course at your local Joann's, community center or even through Craigslist ads. If you are having issues with a fundamental sewing skill you should not be altering anything of value.
>>
>>9361785
Looking at the measurements of average axes femme, I guess if your standard is a petite Asian built, it's for girls on the chubbier side. Not sickly obese, but somewhat overweight and of average height. Which makes it a pretty good brand for non-East Asian people interested in J-Fash because you can easily wear it if you're of a normal size. First time I went to Japan, I didn't know about brands like this and browsing some clothing stores really broke my heart when I saw the measurements, because even if I became deadly anorexic, I'd probably also need to get into extreme corsets to fit those.
>>
I know that both my-lolita-dress and lolitawardrobe are taobao resellers, but are they run by the same people? Thank you all in advance!
>>
Any stores for lolita bags aside from loris and dreamv? I'm after a fully black heart shaped bag and i can't seem to find anything.
>>
>>9362021
grand bazaar lolita, girly cute, mbok...
>>
>>9362861
Secondhand milk
>>
So, I recently bought Meta's Dim Light in the medium length and my usual petti is too short for it. Where is a good place to get a longer one?

On the same subject, what is a good petti for otome?
>>
>>9362906
>what is a good petti for otome?
Let go of the idea that otome is a specific style and get a petticoat that suits your dresses/skirts
>>
how do I make a lolilibrary account? I feel so stupid for asking, but I don't see a "make an account" or anything!
>>
What would be a good wig for a Mike Pence cosplay?

Also, what would be a good set of jumper cables, for the same cosplay?
>>
>>9362977
You'll need to send the admin a message through their FB
>>
Will dressing the part get me a lolita gf?
>>
>>9362861
Soufflesong has a heart bag that comes in black. The pleather is much more similar to AP than it is to Loris and it's very large.
>>
I need red contacts for blue eyes, what works and what doesn't? Nothing on honeycolor seems good.
>>
>>9363027
>kek
https://www.arda-wigs.com/collections/short-wigs/products/rocky-classic?variant=27836379526
https://www.epiccosplay.com/boycut-mens-silver-short-cosplay-wig.html
maybe these?
>>
>>9363522
Perfect, thanks, and it'd also work for if I ever want to do Race Bannon.

I needed a cosplay so my parents don't get suspicious and find out about all the crossplays I've been doing, so Pence seemed like a good choice.
>>
how do you all maintain your pettis, specifically for a malco modes chiffon petti or a classical puppets organza petti?

i've heard mixed reviews about throwing them in the dryer for restored fluff. what i do now is hang them upside down and spray starch on each layer after a few wears.
>>
has anybody else had an issue with the headband part of their katyusha rusting? i have a BTSSB katyusha with mystery stains that i've only worn twice, and i'm very meticulous with keeping it away from my makeup and storing it away from everything else. i have no clue what else it could be.
>>
File: Carly_carmine.jpg (44KB, 538x480px) Image search: [Google]
Carly_carmine.jpg
44KB, 538x480px
anyone know where to get a plain fitted crew neck wide striped shirt like this? it seems silly but i cannot find one anywhere
also, who would I make the hair at the bottom flare out?
>>
retarded question, when buying in closet child for the first time, in the spaces where I have to write my full adress, do I need to write my zip code as well?
>>
>>9362595
I'm altering an old cosplay dress. It's been a while since I've sewn and maybe I'm just being picky, but this is the spoonfeeding thread. Does bulk come from thread tension/is that what I should change?
>>
>>9368280
Yes. You write it out exactly as it would be mailed so that includes postal code and country in whatever formatting is correct for your given country.
>>
>>9368666
Bless you, anon.
>>
I started youtube channel. I post lolita coord videos. What kinda names and tag should i use? Any other tips?
>>
>>9368720
"Daddy'sLittleGirlxoxo"
>>
Does anyone own Infanta? Is it any good? I've never ordered from Taobao stuff, but I decided to give it a go. Is the quality of the fabric alright?
>>
>>9368852
Infanta is shit and you have shit taste for liking them.
>>
File: infanta choc carousel brown.jpg (274KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
infanta choc carousel brown.jpg
274KB, 500x750px
>>9368854
this jsk is the only damn thing i like and i agree that their velveteen shit is utter crap. but im not asking about people's damn opinions on the designs, its just quality of their production and materials that i want to know about.
>>
>>9368852
I have Dark Magic Party and my only complaint is the buttons needed to be resewn on the waist ties. The fabric is fine, print is crisp, skirt is lined with a tiny bit of a built in petticoat. It's the only taobao JSK I have but it exceeded my expectations
>>
>>9368865
Thankyou.
What kind of fabric is it? Is it some kind of cotton blend or is it synthetic or...?
>>
>>9368852
It's pretty shitty but it depends on what you want, if you want a big wardrobe you get a lot of (secondhand)taobao and if you want really pretty dresses you save up money and get something from a better shop
>>
>>9368872
i know its not burando or anything but is it at least any better than bodyline crap though?
>>
>>9368867
I know nothing about fabric so I just checked for a tag but can't see fibre content, I'd say polycotton though. The bodice is also lined in the front, but not in the back because of the shirring. The lace is cotton lace.
>>
>>9368884
cotton lace? thats very reassuring. if they bothered to get decent lace maybe their fabric is decent too. how would you describe its thickness? thankyou so much for giving me information btw
>>
>>9368877
It depends, I got two JSKs that were on par with the quality of bodyline. There's good and bad bodyline, infanta is about the same way in my experience.
>>
How do you gulls keep on track with latest Gothic (Lolita) fashion, now that MMM has been kicked out of the Bible?
>>
>>9369043
I follow my favorite brands on twitter
>>
>>9369045
There are others than Moitie and Atelieer's? (sry am newfag)
>>
What normie store can I buy a good short petticoat for a cosplay from? I need one for my cosplay and the skirt is very short (mid thigh) but needs extra poof, and I need it by Wednesday. Are partycity tutus gonna do the job okay (as long as they aren't visible ofc)?
>>
>>9369054
Some of these are not mainly gothic lolita but here's what I follow on twitter off the top of my head: sheglit, atelier pierrot, atelier boz (not sure which one you meant), hnaoto, miho matsuda, putumayo, and romeo, arcobaleno magia, na+h, alice auaa, seraphim.. Someone else probably knows more that aren't on twitter.
>>
Could somebody please point me in the direction of the Holy Lantern rerelease this weekend?

I've never ordered directly from AP before and I didn't know that the rerelease was happening until about five minutes ago.
>>
>>9369069
If party city carries the leg avenue pettis, that might work. I dunno where you're located but you could probably yelp stores around your location for it too.
>>
>>9369091
Interesting stuff! Thanks!
>>
>>9369110
Only in person or by phone (with payment in person) at the Tokyo store
>>
Have any gulls tried those silicone backless bras for cosplay? How is it compared to the breast lifting tape? I have no experience with either so I'd like to hear your opinions. Any other recommendations for a similar strapless way to make boobs not saggy?
>>
>>9359168
they literally said they don't mind female pronouns while wearing lolita, which probably means they don't mind being perceived as female while wearing it either
>>
>>9369069
Try Amazon, I got a leg avenue one on prime for cheap
>>
Does anybody here own shoes from DreamV? How is their sizing?

Additionally, seeing that somebody mentioned them before: are clothes from and romeo any good?
>>
>>9369385
They'll stay in place for several hours even if you're sweating/moving a lot - they're basically silicon chicken cutlets that tape to your ladies. Granted, I also have a tiny chest, so ymmv depending on size.
>>
>>9369653
*silicone

>sage for useless
>>
Probably the closest thing we have to a dumb question thread so I'll ask here: When buying from BTSSB, do I need to wait for an email confirming that they got my payment? First time ordering from them so I'm kinda clueless.
>>
>>9369385
32D and wore one for a formal event. Boobs still saggy but it was comfortable and helped me stay modest
>>
Does anyone have experience using space bags with your frills? I'm about to do a big move and I was thinking that if I could vacuum pack at least some of my taobao stuff and pettis (a little too nervous to do that to my brand) that would make a huge difference in terms of how much room my wardrobe is taking up
>>
asked in lolita general, gonna ask here too as I got mixed answers:

are APs low waist skirts "acceptable" in lolita? (milky planet, fancy paper dolls, & toy parade low waist sk for eg) Maybe even just as casual lolita. Like, could I wear them to a meet? Or are they just strictly regular jfash
>>
Newbie here, what's the ideal lenght for a petticoat to suit an 89 or 93 cm long dress? Would 42 cm do it or is that too long?
>>
are the measurements on closet child wrong?
I know someone can have a 16in waist, like sure, but why is everything listed as tiny as possible even if it clearly has a ton of shirring in the back?
>>
>>9356616
>You can always start a self-post thread
In the past from what I have seen, they can only be good if it turns into a cosplay self posting thread. Anytime it's mostly j-fash and it turns into a shitshow real fast. I think we should have OOTD threads but no one will ever be brave enough for it so whatever.

is it just me or is the cosplay side of the board more chill than the jfash side? why is that? Like why do lolitas come here to bitch but cosplayers come here to help each other?
>>
>>9378498
Different strokes for different folks
The cosplay community is a lot more relaxed, open to newcomers, open to helping each other
The lolita community is sometimes helpful at best, cutthroat at worst.
>>
>>9378523
I've gotten so little help from the jfash side of this board...
>>
>>9378489
Flat measurements. Double them.
>>
Hello, has anyone ordered from Imai Kira's online store before? I ordered 3 months ago and gave them the foreign shipping address Tenso gave me. According to tracking it says it has been delivered but on Tenso it says nothings there. Where should I follow up?
>>
>>9378530
I.... passed up so many items because I couldn't find the lolibrary listing... ugh. Thank you anon. Damn I feel regretful.
>>
>>9378545

Contact Tenso with the tracking info. Sometimes the address isn't written correctly and they have trouble figuring out which customer it belongs to. The T-number they give you is important for that, but they also match up customer names before registering a package in your name.

Source : iw packages, several times, various reasons
>>
>>9378078
A standard 45cm petti should be fine for both lengths.
>>
>>9378072

lol, I think you got the perfect answers, seriously -- they're controversial on whether they look fully lolita or not.

Longer answer: Most of the pastel mini-skirts tend to end up looking more fairy-kei than lolita (and, along with the flatter salos, some lolitas say that's the style they properly belong in, not lolita). The darker ones tend to look more otome than lolita too. Depending on the skirt and your bodytype (ie-how the skirt sits on you, how high the hem is, whether you can fit a petti under it), it's possible to coord some of them to get across the lolita feel (the coord help thread should be able to help your out with that), but even then there's always a chance someone comes along and wants to argue your outfit leans more towards fairy kei than lolita.
>>
>>9378618
Thank you!
>>
>>9378745
Thank you very much!
>>
Alright I got a real dumb one.

Wtf does 'sage' mean
>>
>>9378955
Supposedly it means "to lower" in Japanese (can't confirm because I don't speak the language); entering it in the options bar will allow you to post a comment without bumping the thread.
>>
>>9378999
That's correct.
>>
How do I scout /find locations to have pics of my cos taken
>>
I've made lot of shrink pins for my itabag, but I was wondering if anybody knew a way to keep them looking nice for a long period of time and maybe a way to make them look a little more professional. I have a lot of shrink paper left and figured I might do a little giveaway for people with rare fandoms, so I just want to try and figure out a way to make them look nice and last before hand.
>>
How do brand shoes fit, are they all pretty much the same in sizing? I'm a US 7-7.5 and I can't figure out what size I am. My measurement is 240 cm but I've seen all different conversions.
>>
>>9368852
I like their blouses. The quality is decent for the price and I like their cuts.
>>
>>9378999
>>9379001
Thanks!
>>
>>9379318
240cm for your foot?

If you're a us size 7-7.5, I would suggest trying L. But sometimes it varies by brand and type of shoe (boots versus pumps vs open toe sandals vs sneakers)
>>
File: tumblr_o6gf2a7kpw1vsu029o1_540.jpg (72KB, 532x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6gf2a7kpw1vsu029o1_540.jpg
72KB, 532x640px
What are some good gold contacts that aren't Halloween-tier and super jarring? I'm having a hard time finding something for Riko that is sort of natural.
>>
Not sure whether to ask in here or the taobao thread but I've been out of the loop for a while and was wondering what happened to Secret Shop? Their taobao page only seems to have a couple out-of-stock pairs of socks now
>>
>>9378042
I regularly use space bags with lolita stuff when I'm travelling or going to cons, and brand or not it's always been a-okay, as long as you fold them nicely first and be aware of possible wrinkling. I would be wary of doing it for too long with pettis though, in case they permanently lose volume
>>
>>9368852
Obviously design wise it's definitely hit-and-miss but quality-wise it's been overall pretty reliable in my experience: I've had two main pieces and a blouse from them and construction is pretty good aside from some consistent problems with loosely attached buttons (but I've had similar problems with brand pieces too so who knows)
>>
>>9379448
These might be a bit too subtle for what you're looking for, but imo look nice and natural while maintaining the golden look:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/G-G-Shimmer-Yellow-p/c32-shimmer-yellow.htm
>>
>>9380351
seconding, I just assumed they were done
>>
Not sure where to ask this, but this thread will do
If I pre-order a pack of merch from, for instance, amiami for my itabag (rubber straps, keychains, etc), are those packs a random assortment, or is it one of each, but packaged in blindboxes?
>>
Who are your favorite resellers? I've used Lolita Desu and Dreamy Bows before
>>
>>9380351
>>9380424

Last I heard of them they got into manufacturing wholesale for clobba or something and more or less mostly sell through that way now.

Clobba was running group orders for Secret Shop shoes for a while, if he can get a group of something like 20? 30? girls to put in an order for a particular style then the Secret Shop factory will make them. But the last time I heard of a group order was also ages ago, you know how lolitas tend to have short attention spans, I'm not really sure if he still has any group orders open at the moment.

So that's about it. They haven't restocked their taobao in years actually. An Tai Na, on the other hand, took the opposite route, you can email them to make you one pair of custom shoes.
>>
I am flying from the southern US to Toronto, Canada and I want to bring one lolita coord with me. Is there a safe and reliable way to transport my dress, petti, bag, shoes, and accessories? I was thinking of a space bag for the main piece and snugly fitting it and the rest into my carry-on so I'll have it with me at all times.

Would it be better to put it in a very heavily padded suitcase with the most secure luggage service possible? I know that plenty of people have flown with cosplay and lolita goods to cons and meets so there has got to be a good way to do this.
>>
>>9380640
Most of the time it will be one of each unless the company hates you and everything you love. 99% of the time it will be one of each, that's why people on MFC etc. will do split box orders.
>>
>>9381898
it's just a dresss, not an antique china teaset anon, just pack it like you would the rest of your clothes. in a space bag if you want to save room or think your liquids are somehow in danger of opening en route
>>
Hi! Could someone please let me know what lockshop's old supplier was?
I need the gunmetal wig badly but I don't want to deal with Choke's shit.
>>
>>9381074
Wunderwelt is great!
>>
>>9381074
I like Lolita Collective, but they are more limited on the brands they carry.
>>
Are bloomers mandatory?
>>
>>9383059
No but you should wear something under your dresses for modesty, like safety shorts. The risk of flashing your underwear in petticoats is very real. Bloomers or drawers are preferred because they fill that need and fit the aesthetic but at the end of the day it's up to you whether to wear them or not.
>>
Are there shopping services that buy things from the US for EU buyers? There are a few shops I want to buy from that only ship domestically within the US.
>>
What brand of scissors should I invest in? I need a new pair and I have no idea where to start/look in terms of quality.
>>
>>9383742
Do you really want to invest in S tier scissors? Get a pair of Gingher forged and take care of them.
>>
>>9383089
where are the best place/brand for bloomers?
>>
>>9383856
Millefleurs noirs
>>
>>9383856
I like BTSSB's, they have very nice lace.
>>
>>9358592
Thanks anon. This is what I came here looking for.
>>
File: 324324.png (214KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
324324.png
214KB, 595x842px
So I recently bought the pattern in pic related, however I have no idea how to put the head together? Can anyone help?
>>
Is this a replica? I saw the same skirt on LM for over $150, so it's weird seeing it here for this cheap. I thought My Lolita Dress was a reliable site?
>>
>>9384736
Yes, dream of lolita is a replica maker,usually MLD is at least good enough to say (replica) in the title of these items.

I suppose I could be wrong but I have never heard of or seen any original dresses from dream of lolita
>>
>>9359577
>>9359605
>>9359701

How do you use Cyperous without an SS?
>>
>>9383660
Truly darling boutique
>>
File: 1489090469394-um.png (255KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1489090469394-um.png
255KB, 595x842px
>>9384423
Here's my attempt at spoonfeeding without getting wordy here and it's to the best of my knowledge from another very similar pattern. Of course sew up the darts. And the letters (A/B/C/etc) are just help guide where the points will meet. Good luck.
>>
>>9358592
Any other tutorials, anon?
>>
>>9385177
I realize now the colored lines on the Head Back piece are likely backwards --- the darn arrows are confusing as heck. The red edge on the Head Back side may be sewn like the purple's instructions, and the purple to be sewn to the Head front like the red. Sorry for more confusion; I would just do a test plushie before using the actual final fabric to be sure.
>>
>>9385177
>>9385180
Thank you anon for the detailed response! Normally I'm pretty good with working where things go, it's just those damn head pieces.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 450x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 450x190px
I've seen dozens of tutorials on how to ombre dye fabric from white to your chosen colour, but is there anything I need to keep in mind if I want to do a gradient between two different colours, like either of these two examples? Should I just dye the entire fabric the lighter of the two colours and then once it's done dip-dye like you would normally according to those tutorials, or am I missing something important?
Obviously I'll test it out a few times before trying it on my nice fabric, but I don't want to waste a bunch of time and money by not knowing what I'm doing first either!
>>
>>9357011
I've seen some country coords with parted braids that were cute
>>
>>9356810
No, it started out as school girls copying and exaggerating American fashion trends but it became a subversion of Japanese beauty ideals.

Start here if you want to get a good understanding of gyaru:

http://neojaponisme.com/2012/02/28/the-history-of-the-gyaru-part-one/
>>
File: IMG_1880.jpg (355KB, 1600x1377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1880.jpg
355KB, 1600x1377px
Will someone please Id the veil headpiece Kimura U is wearing in this picture? I fear I may not survive without it.
>>
>>9385316

Look up gradient or ombre dying, it was a big fad a year or two back, so there's a fair amount of tutes for it as well.

Other thing is to take note that dying is more like watercolour, it's not going to magically take away the colour that's underneath. So for eg, if you start with a piece of red cloth, you could dye it towards indigo, dark purple. But no matter how much blue dye you add, you cannot make a red piece of cloth blue, because blue + red = purple. So if you really want a red-to-blue gradient you may have to gradient-dye it twice, from each end.
>>
>>9385150
They ship internationally. You can literally just order yourself.
I used a forwarding service bc I had other things I wanted to ship as well so that ended up being cheaper but you can definitely just submit the order yourself.
>>
File: 01291824_56ab2fc14bd78.jpg (357KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
01291824_56ab2fc14bd78.jpg
357KB, 500x600px
>>9385391
Princess Veil Tulle Headband
>>
Anyone have any experience with non-surgical options for taping your ears back? Have to wear my hair up for a costume and I'm worried my ears stick out too much.
>>
I just got a lolita dress in grass green gingham by Magic Tea Party. I'm worried that I'm going to get a lot of criticism for not wearing a nicer brand or what is currently in style. I just really like the color and look of this dress even if it is cheap. What can I do to not get picked apart when I wear it?
>>
>>9385798
Be confident and coord it well?
>>
>>9385460
Different poster, but unfortunately, most results for ombré dyeing seem to be about going from [colour] to white. I'm trying to figure out the logistics of a dress that has three gradients, and so far the best I can come up with is airbrushing.
>>
>>9385798
No one is going to look down on you just for wearing a taobao dress, unless you overall look like a cheap mess
>>
>>9385798
You'll only get picked apart if you're ita. Literally no one cares if you're wearing taobao/indie. or brand as long as you look good.
>>
File: roy-mustang-ring.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
roy-mustang-ring.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
I'm interested in getting a high quality version of these meme gloves for novelty and possibly a future cosplay.

However, I want the alchemical circle to be embroidered rather than the basic bitch, chinese, screenprinted ones you can buy from cosplay retailers.

Since I don't have embroidery skills or access to tools to do it anyways, I'm looking to see if I can get:

a) Custom made, custom-sized embroidered patches
b) Custom made embroidered patterns for the tops of the gloves and make them myself
c) The entire gloves custom made to size and embroidered, even if it's slightly expensive

preferably online. Thanks in advance, also I'm gay.
>>
>>9378072
They are made and designed for casual Lolita, which is a substyle of lolita, so yes they are acceptable to wear.
>>
>>9378072
I wear them to meets, but I wouldn't wear them to a very formal tea party
>>
>>9368852
I don't habe any original print stuff from them, so can't comment on that, but the other stuff I have is a bit nicertain than "good" bodyline imo, reasonable for the price
>>
File: IMG_3953.jpg (13KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3953.jpg
13KB, 165x115px
H-help. Going to a Con I've never been to before today and in the excitement I couldnt sleep. How do you make it through a long Con day on no sleep.
>>
Where do I go if I want to buy cheap brand stuff? It doesn't have to be lolita, just stuff like one spo and baby shoop? Second hand is good too, also i'm from Europe
>>
File: 5sl775-size.jpg (65KB, 790x438px) Image search: [Google]
5sl775-size.jpg
65KB, 790x438px
Could someone please help me translate this chart? I tried image translating it but it didn't want to pickup on anything except the numbers
>>
>>9386454
energy drinks
>>
Any white petticoat recommendations?
>>
>>9359560
that is cute AF
>>
>>9389253
MeLikesTea
>>
>>9386527
yahoo japan auctions, mbok, fril, mercari
You'll need an ss (try fromjapan or japonicamarket) but it still ends up outrageously cheap
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.