[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 31

File: ap.jpg (10KB, 230x245px) Image search: [Google]
ap.jpg
10KB, 230x245px
Last thread died along with Angelic Pretty's prices. Does anybody buy full price items from them anymore?
>>
>>9350383
Good question, I know I don't as much. I still find it very surprising that the rosette special set isn't sold out in any of the colourways, despite being up for almost 2 weeks now. I would've thought they would sell out in hours, maybe a day or two.
>>
Is old-school officially the new trend?
>>
>>9350474
It's been making a comeback for like 2 years
>>
How much should I sell an AP Astro Regiment Frill JSK in sax with matching headbow?

Also, Magic Princess OP in sax with matching headbow and socks?

Both are New with Tags, but no idea how much a fair but quick selling price is.
>>
>>9350490
It takes 10 years to be an over night hit
>>
>>9350637
I think both went on sale for 50% off, so I'd start there and then drop a bit if you don't get any takers
>>
>>9350637
Look at how Closet Child and Wunderwelt price their stuff; most western Lolitas price the same pieces for way more, so copying their pricing should ensure a fast easy sale.
>>
>>9350687
Not always a fool proof plan. My listing has been sitting at the same price as Closetchild, with cheaper shipping, for months. I'm in no rush to sell, but by your logic it should have been quick. Somethings just take a while to find a buyer, hazards of being in a niche.
>>
What are the chances AP will rerelease a print? I've been eyeing Melty Ribbon Chocolate for years, but every time it shows up secondhand, I'm always too late to buy it.
>>
>>9350738

Melty Ribbon Chocolate itself is a rehash of Melty Royal Chocolate, itself a rehash of Royal Chocolate ...... I think AP is trying to go for a different chocolate jacquard print every year so they can milk it ('cept for some dumbass reason they seemed to think whipped cream = chocolate so we got whipped jacquard this year. Dumbasses). So..... chances aren't all that high, I'm afraid. They're more likely to try for another chocolate variation instead.

If you can get a posse (or even seagulls) to write in, point out the secondhand price, request a re-release and point out how many girls want that cut, they miiigghhhttt do something similar to it. They should be pretty desperate by now, nothing in their 2016 or 2017 lineup seems to have done well (even British Crown only sold out because of smaller stock) so who knows, maybe your request will give them the push they need.
>>
>>9350757
I think they like to re-do the chocolate every year 'cause it builds on itself; the browns seem fairly consistent, so you can collect one entire chocolate coord over time.
>>
>>9350760
Lol you obviously never buy any of their chocolate releases. Their browns vary even within the same releases, and they often don't match the undertones.

Trying to match browns between different releases is even harder
>>
>>9350757
That's a great idea anon! But sadly I'm a lone lolita and I don't know if cgl is really up to the idea of emailing AP requesting for a rerelease
>>
I know of:
GLB
very pretty/so rotten
Misakos book (whatever it's name is)
Street fash mags like fruits

But I'm looking for any other lolita media in book format? Any ideas?
>>
>>9350821
There's actually a thread for that >>9341361 You might find a few books you haven't heard of there.
>>
>>9350844
Thank you so much anon I don't know how the fuck I missed this.
>>
>>9350738
Melty Ribbon Chocolate isn't a print anon, just saying. Also, the release didn't fully sell out (the low waist jsk sat around for ages) so it's unlikely they'll rerelease it.
>>
>>9350803
>browns in different undertones
This annoys me so much, it just makes everything look dirty. Damn it, AP!
>>
>>9350803
>>9350884

Hah, I sorta anticipated this, and therefore only collected the darkest and lightest colourways (ivory and bittersweet). Can vouch that both of these were pretty consistent throughout each version, it's mostly all the other colours that change in between every release (pink, mint, mocha, brown, etc etc). One of the years didn't have an ivory, and bittersweet is only two releases though, so I see what you mean about every year not matching.
>>
>>9350821
Japanese Goth is informative and has pretty pictures
>>
So I ordered two OPs from Innocent World during the sale. First it took ages before they invoiced me, and today they let me know half of my order is out of stock and they'll refund me. Wtf? I thought I would have my dresses by now. Did this happen to anyone else?
>>
>>9351040
Happened to me too and I ordered just a few hours after the sale began on the very first day. It's disappointing but oh well, happens. I hope to find the OP that was sold out secondhand sometime.
>>
Serious question, i'm going to sound really creepy but did any of you gulls happen to stalk a lolita on the internet once? Not anything like finding out where she lives but like, collecting pics of her/her coords/..?
Rn i just realized I have a folder full of pics of this one lifestyler girl who used to be a well known lolita in my country and then pulled a Princess Skye and just deleted everything/set everything private/disappeared from the internet. And I found myself stalking her friends old tumblr,blogs,...to find pictures of her in that phase. She had a perfect lifestyle life so maybe that's why I'm so obsessed?
What the fuck am I doing.
>>
>>9351050
I used to collect pictures of that one old school/wa lolita girl because I absolutely love practically all of her outfits, but now that she's passed away I feel really weird about having that folder. I can't bring myself to delete it, though.
>>
>>9350383
I really want to buy some clip in ponytails but I'm not sure where to find them. Most of the ones I've found are too long, wrong colours or just too much like Miwako from ParaKiss. Does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>9351052
Oh god I feel less alone.
I know which girl you're talking about, used to know her/be friends with her on FB back in the days. I'm still pretty shook about her sudden death. Oh well...
>>
I'm a cosplayer who is looking to get into Lolita. I don't really know where to start/what to buy. I have simple understanding of how coordinations work but I feel like here would be the best place to get all the information I need. If anyone could give me advice/help that would be great!
>>
>>9351139
Look here: http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/ See the links on the right that say "The basics", "Styles", "Anatomy", etc.? Read them to get yourself familiarized with the basics of the fashion. There's a page on where to buy the clothes on this blog as well, read it too.
F Yeah Lolita has great articles for beginners, from how to avoid being an ita, how to build your wardrobe, how to take care of your clothes, and even posts that dispel misconceptions about the style and subculture. I can't link it here but you can find it easily by simply googling the blog's name.
Keep in mind that most questions you want answered have likely already been answered so be sure to read carefully before you ask.
Don't be afraid though, you're not going to be quizzed about anything, it's just a fashion style. Have fun learning what makes it what it is and take the plunge when you're ready. Good luck!
>>
>>9351139
Other anons can give you a ton of resources, but the best starter advice I could give you is please don't treat lolita like a cosplay/costume. Understand that it's a fashion, even though sometimes OTT can verge on costume it is not the norm. Wigs are normal but they are kind of different from cosplay wigs and are more natural.

Look at as many good coords as you can, and also look at ita threads to see what not to do. This is the best way to understand the lolita aesthetic and see what works and doesn't work. Definitely post collages in coord help threads before buying the actual pieces, as those anons give good advice for the most part. Lurking cgl helped me go from ita to having perfect coords. Good luck!
>>
>>9351139
Please don't use your cosplay wigs
>>
>>9351052
Please anon save that folder; it's her legacy now.

>>9351062
Your friend was really talented and I feel like she added a lot to the international community.
>>
>>9351139
The minimum amount of pieces you need in total; Shoes, socks, bloomers (which go over whatever underwear you are most comfortable in), petticoat (invest the most money in this piece even over your first main piece), blouse, Main piece (dress or skirt) and matching headbow.

Quick and dirty coordinating; If you're new and really at a loss, buy socks and blouse of a matching solid color (Black for Gothic, Ivory or cream for Classic, White or pink for Sweet). Then go ahead and buy a dress that has a print on it what generally matches the palette of your sub style.

Why I recommend a print; because then in the future you can re-use the main piece (often most expensive piece) for different outfits because it has many colors in it to pull from.
>>
>>9351155
Ah we weren't really friends we just...knew each other.
But yes she was a really cool gal and i'm glad what she wrote/filmed/.. is still available for newbies and other people to see.
>>
>>9351158
Wouldn't a solid piece be better? Solids can be coordinated with other colors easily and they're much easier to wear and take care of than prints.
>>
>>9351139
I always take advice on cgl with a grain of salt. lots of people who don't wear lolita here and you can't see which anons dress well.
>>
>>9351162
A solid CAN be better; but it depends on how you like to style your look. The key with Lolita is the look should have a good sense of color-balance / distribution and a sense of purposefulness in how everything is put together. So a solid works if you are really into the general look and shape of Lolita, I think, but if you are likely to want to experiment more in the future the print can serve as something to pull different colors from while keeping it consistent.

I would recommend a Solid for your first Gothic Lolita coord, or if you really like a gentle / traditional Classic Lolita look. A more old-school Sweet Lolita or a casual Sweet Lolita too would work well with a solid color main piece too. But I think if you're going for a more standardize "modern" Lolita look then I think a print works better.
>>
>>9351050
Yea, right now I'm currently stalking an Amino mod that I find absolutely gorgeous. I feel like such a creep but she makes me feel so gay when I swear I'm not.

Before I did it with some random lolita I found from insta, but she went inactive.
>>
>>9351139
You must feel really special getting all this spoonfeeding. Flattering cgl worked.
>>
>>9351050
I stalked a lolita who died a long time ago, like almost five years ago at this point. I still have a folder of pics of her. It makes me feel like a creep for sure, but oh well.
>>
>>9351139
You should join the egl discord server. https://discord.me/egl
>>
This is only slightly lolita related, but does anyone have any favorite tea/tea accessory stores/sites? I'd especially love to find a cute travel mug. I don't need it to be super kawaii or brand, but something prettier than the free mug I got from Subaru would be great.
>>
Different newbie anon from the one above, but I also wanted some spoon feeding...

What brands make accessories for their prints? For example, I see many brands have matching headbows for their OPs, but any brands that also do this for tights, etc.? I want to start off with a couple complete "sets" before I have enough to coord around since I'm not confident in my coording ability.
>>
>>9351226
Nearly all of them, really. They don't always make matching bags, shoes or jewellery but matching socks/tights and head accessories is the norm.
>>
>>9351226
Just a heads up: complete matching sets are probably the second most expensive route to go with Lolita, only trumped by going after the super-rare / super popular prints.

AP (Angelic Pretty) does the most "head to toe" sets with socks, tights, head pieces, wrist cuffs, necklaces, earrings, rings, bags and sometimes even specific shoes and outerwear.

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright & Innocent world do series sets, but not as complete. Metamorphose plays Russian roulette with their prints; sometimes there's a set, sometimes not really.
>>
>>9351226
Moi meme Moitie does and they also have the most amazing petticoats
>>
>>9351228
>>9351231
>>9351234
Thanks for the info! I'm mostly looking into the matching head accessories and tights while experimenting with the bags and shoes so hopefully it won't be too bad!
>>
>>9350383
I bought British Crown for the full-price, but that was the only interesting release in over a year now.
>>
>>9351050
I still have a lot of MilkyFawn's pictures saved. Her style was similiar to mine and she had the same hair color and structure, so I could see how certain the hair worked out with different coords. And we like/liked the same prints, like chocolate and food prints.
>>
>>9351050
I used to collect the addresses of anyone I ever bought from or sold to in case there was a zombie apocalypse or something and I was the sole survivor, so I could travel to their houses and take their clothes.

JFC there was something wrong with me.
>>
>>9351281
That is actually frightening anon.
>>
>>9351050
Yeah, I've found that the people I've been drawn to on IG often have great taste for things like houseware and such so I'll try to find the same items for my own place. It's just another filter/curation thing as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: C2AAMCLVQAESU6Z.jpg (64KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
C2AAMCLVQAESU6Z.jpg
64KB, 720x715px
>>9351281
>>
File: tumblr_mbquatiZxt1rirn0no2_1280.jpg (90KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbquatiZxt1rirn0no2_1280.jpg
90KB, 702x1024px
Lurking old EGL posts and came across one from 2008 where everyone complains that the Western community is full of bitches and that things aren't the same anymore.

It's funny how little has changed.
http://egl.livejournal.com/12011921.html
>>
File: a-29.jpg (62KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
a-29.jpg
62KB, 500x667px
>>9351050
I have a huge folder of coords from lolitas from 2008-2010. Mostly sweet lolitas like Kammie, Shelby, Faith, Herajika etc.
>>
>be me
>put a dress up for auction because need money, however will accept trades if they have something I REALLY want
>girl messages me asking for trades
>asks what she has
>she tells me and I say I am unfortunately not interested in any of those items
>she bids on dress
>okay maybe this is resolved
>asks for partial trade because too expensive
PLSSSSSS NO THANK U I JUST NEED DOLLAAAAAA
>>
>>9351373

That's rude.

Definitely leave negative feedback if she backs out due to no monies.
>>
>>9351374
like by the end she was asking to trade items that aren't even lolita baka
>>
>>9351366
This is actually a really interesting read, thank you for sharing!
>>
Seems every time I wear lolita, I have massive shits. When I take a dump, it smells bad. Does anyone have a recommendation on air fresheners that are lolitaesque?
>>
I recently ordered an Innocent World jsk (Puss in Boots just waist jsk) from closetchild, and there is some pilling on the skirt, on the outer portion of the pleats. Has anyone here ever de-pilled brand, like with a razor?
>>
>>9351366

>Tfw you realize 2008 was 9 years ago, almost a decade now.

Fuck..
>>
File: 1445987792209.jpg (10KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1445987792209.jpg
10KB, 247x248px
>>9351470
Don't do this to me, anon
>>
>>9351395
Kate is that u
>>
Newb question - could anyone who has ever shopped on fril.jp help me out? I applied for approval to purchase a pair of shoes, and the seller confirmed, so all I have left to do is pay, but for some reason, my card isn't being accepted. Is this because I'm a foreigner? Is there a way to still pay?
>>
>>9351497
I don't think you can pay for it without a Japanese card. I usually use a shopping service for Fril.
>>
>>9351497
Why are you there if you're a newb? Start with closet child, wunderwelt, something like that.
>>
>>9351512
What shopping service do you recommend? I have an account with tenso, but I've only ever used them as a forwarding service. Can they act as a buying service as well??

>>9351514
Sorry, I meant newb to fril.
>>
>>9351497
>>9351519
Fril doesn't accept foreign cards, so you'll have to message the seller to cancel the sale. All the usual shopping services can buy for you; I believe tenso is forwarding only but they have a second company called Buyee that is a buying service.
>>
>>9351537
Buyee doesn't work for fril afaik, but thank you anyway! I'll go ahead and cancel the sale.
>>
>>9351519
Oh, okay. I'm not against people trying new things, but for people new to Lolita fashion I'm a zealot for making sure they stay safe so some stupid shipping / billing issue doesn't turn them off to the fashion itself.
>>
>>9351366
Not the same, she predicted the future of lolita with this
>I feel as if this fashion movement, that was once so counterculture and DIY, will be taken over and redefined by businesses that have no interest in us.
that's exactly what 99% of taobao shops are
>>
>>9351553
Nah, I'm just generally a dumbass and didn't realize I couldn't use my foreigner credit card for fril. Thank you for the help, though!
>>
>>9351519
Tenso isn't really a shopping service, is it? As far as I know it's more of a forwarding service that provides you with a Japanese address to ship items to.
Anyway, Japonica Market are great but their fee for buying on Fril is quite steep (1000 yen if I remember correctly). I think FromJapan might do Fril as well but I'm not entirely sure. Japonica's work hours start in about 20 minutes so you can send your order to them if you choose to.
>>
>>9351470
Oh my god sometimes i feel like 2007 was just yesterday. Time flies so fast
>>
>being me
>cheap
>wont buy brand unless its 2nd hand
>lace market.
>slowly dies when brand in bad condition is $200
>why. :c
>>
I bought an auction on LM, and the seller messaged me and told me to send her money. I know PP has an option where you can send money to the seller that's still protecting the buyer, but I'm not being paranoid by declining and telling her to invoice me, instead, am I?
>>
>>9351574
I don't think you're being paranoid, no, invoices feel a lot more organized than money requests. Maybe instead of declining right away message the seller first and ask for an invoice?
>>
>>9351568
are you me
though i wouldn't buy something super stained or with tons of things missing
>tfw paid 120$ for a second hand BABY dress from 2010
>it looks like she kept it in good condition and she even say so! Lucky me!
>arrives to SS,they send pics
>disgusting stains absolutely fucking everywhere,faded color,bow kinda wonky
>when it arrives it has a weird smell
>mfw
This girl must have been some trashy disgusting bitch
>>
>>9351566
>>9351596
And this is precisely why I only buy online from secondhand shops. They might charge a bit more, but I treat it as a guarantee that the stuff I buy will arrive in the condition that they're state to be in.
>>
I received my Lolita Desu lucky pack yesterday - should I share it here, in the mail thread, or start a new lucky pack thread?
>>
>>9351608
Share it here. I don't think many others are gonna be getting lucky packs now.
>>
Do you guys usually direct newer lolitas here? I'm in several con groups and I keep seeing beginners asking simple questions about lolita. I feel like reading especially the coord and ita threads on here can be great for learning about the fashion, but also considering the reputation of 4chan/the board the idea of suggesting it seems strange. Is it an appropriate suggestion?
>>
>>9351609
Shall do!

I ordered a large/big pack in classic/sweet classic style. If anyone wants details of what I asked for I'm happy to share. All in all they fit my themes and special requests very well, and I'm quite satisfied. I ordered before Christmas, but they weren't back until January. It took four weeks for hem to put it together and another 1.5 for me to receive it via airmail (I'm in Australia). This size pack is meant to include 4-9 items - I got 11 (though yes, they are mainly on the smaller side) and a free gift.
>>
>>9351610
No, don't bring them here if they don't even know the basics. I'd direc them to the Lolita Guidebook and Lolita Tips tumblrs. Both are good resources and more beginner friendly.
>>
>>9351610
I tend not to because it would give them a bad view of the fashion. When I first discovered it the first real "lolita" (where members of the fashion actually interact) site I discovered was btb/getoffegl. When I went to my first meet up I expected constant cattiness.
Cgl is so bitchy that it is going to turn them in to asshat brandwhores and ruin their experiences with the fashion completely. I often just point them towards some basic instructions and share some nice secondhand sites and a few Facebook groups.
>>
>>9351653
*direct
>>
>>9351655
To add to what I just said, browsing cgl with them is fine but it's better to not let them come on here alone.
>>
>>9351568
You can buy brand used for less than new but none of it is really what you can call cheap. This is a bit of a luxury fashion, after all. Putting together full cords of brand adds up. So do the cleaning bills and the cost of meets, travel, conventions etc. The hobby itself is not a really a cheap one even if you do it on a budget as much as possible.
>>
>>9350821
KERA publishes monthly so many new lolita coords are shown in the lolita section there before they come out in Lolita Bible which is only quarterly.
>>
>>9351554
Yet in a way it's ok because more girls buy taobao now so I think the Japanese brands feel a bit more special. Some of us will never wear much taobao stuff regardless but it's good for people who can't always afford or fit brand and so it keeps more people in the fashion overall.
>>
>>9351395
sorry anon its chronic there is no known cure :'(
>>
Sometimes blouses (potentially other items but I mainly buy blouses) arrive smelling really strongly of this fake sweet scent. I always assumed it was to mask smoking smell. Idk what it is, but it is horrible. I've bought from multiple sellers, the items all came secondhand from Japan.
Does anyone know what it is? Or how to get it off?
It's so awful, I will smell it at random times because it sticks to my clothes and body and I hate it so much. I wash them multiple times and it still remains.
>>
>>9351395
Poo-pourri, or however it's spelled.
>>
>>9351554
I was talking about the community itself, not the clothes/brands, those have changed dramatically.
>>
>>9351724
I've heard that this sort of sweet scent is actually the detergent they use there to wash clothes? I can't verify as I've luckily never received an item smelling like this from a Japanese secondhand seller, but that's what I've read in multiple threads in response to complaints like yours. Recs on how to get it off has usually been keep washing or take it to a dry cleaner.
>>
>>9351750
Thank you.
I don't pay enough attention to cgl to remember other threads, but I guess it could be washing powder, that makes sense. I just hate it so damn much.
>>
>>9351750
I think it's just what Japan smells like. I had a suitcase in storage there and I noticed when I got it home that everything had that smell.
>>
>>9351764
Also you can try airing it out, don't keep it folded or with other clothes in the meantime.
>>
>>9351724
It may have to do with drycleaned items, the item I have that smells like it most is an AP coat.
>>
>>9351859
Japan doesn't smell like that, you would know if you had ever been there before.
>>
File: 1467869247401.png (362KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
1467869247401.png
362KB, 523x592px
>>9351894
I'm pretty sure I've been to Japan anon. Try harder.
>>
>>9351281
Please let me know who you are so I can call the police
>>
>>9351898
Watching anime doesn't count as going to Japan
>>
>>9351177
>an Amino mod
I feel like I know which one and I am mildly gay for her too. Fuck.
>>
>>9351899
I heard this is one of the reasons Kate's documentary was cancelled, actually. Something about the director keeping and then using personal information in a way he wasn't supposed to?
>>
File: 1473016519808.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473016519808.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>9351907
Wait, what? I bought something from her during the shooting. What the fuck?
>>
>>9351909
just leave
>>
>>9351909
It's Sugary Carnival by Angelic Pretty. If you look on LaceMarket, there is at least one up for sale right now! Good luck, I hope your daddy buys it for you <3
>>
>>9351909
I'm also a little but I'm on a budget for now you can get Lolita on sites like EBay or BodyLine but it take s a while to ship
>>
>>9351909
Be sure to come to a meet up with your daddy!
>>
>>9351913
Yeah I heard some of her buyers got some "accidental" dick pics
>>
>>9351922
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
>>
>>9351925
I'm not sure if I can make that any clearer
>>
>>9351928
That's a pretty big accusation anon.
>>
File: 1486515843786.png (1MB, 878x888px) Image search: [Google]
1486515843786.png
1MB, 878x888px
How do you feel about people who photoshop their accessories on? Like this girl's glasses.
>>
File: usakumya.jpg (388KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
usakumya.jpg
388KB, 500x667px
Sorry to ask a question I'm sure can be found through Google but there's so many versions I'm having a hard time.
What's the biggest version of Usakumya (the rucksack?) and around how much can he carry?
>>
>>9351944
it's only weird if you lie about it
>>
>>9351944
I do this all the time and it's not a big deal, mostly because I live online and nobody sees me irl
>>
>>9351946
I think it can fit like a chapstick and maybe a couple cards...
>>
>>9351946
I have the largest Kumakumya and the opening is still small af. I can't fit my phone in there.
>>
>>9351950
>>9351952
How disappointing.
Thanks anons.
>>
>>9351922
Well that would explain the text I got, then
>>
>>9351554
>>9351679

Given that taobao brands all seem to be small indies with sporadic releases (and one of them went downhill after the brand owners moved overseas), I'd say it's the more likely scenario that the brand owners are lolitas, who just happen to live in a country where it's much easier to find contacts for smaller workshops willing to produce the dresses they designed. The way some of these shops produce maybe 3 releases a year, I don't see them as being profitable enough to keep even a small company afloat, it makes more sense if the shop is a one- or two-person operation where the owner just likes frilly dresses.
>>
>>9351724
It's probably a sanitizing fragrance fabric spray, like febreeze. They may not be washing their clothes in a washing machine and instead use a fabric spray to mask their body odor. They're probably using extra to make sure it smells pleasant instead of like armpit. These sprays are common for Japan and typically used for large coats or items you want to wash less frequently. Some people buy fragrance they can add to their detergent too, but I bet it's the spray.
>>
>>9351568

What auctions are you looking at? I just trawled the cheaper side of lacemarket and Wunderwelt was selling damaged brand for like $50. Granted, it's damaged, possibly unwearable, and I wouldn't recommend it as a starter, but it's not $200.

There was a slew of AP prints going for $150 last week after girls received their lucky packs as well, you might have just missed them.

Finding bargains in lolita has a lot to do with patience, timing, willingness to look at a lot of auctions and shops, and being okay with buying the unpopular or less-than-perfect dresses that other lolitas don't want. That's how the price can be cheap after all, other lolitas don't want it.
>>
No dumb question thread so I'll ask here
Is it weird to wear a rosette on your head? I can think of examples where a small one is attached to a hat, but can I just wear one as I would a bow?
>>
>>9352107

Look up canotier headdresses, it's the closest thing to a rosette that goes on your head.

I wouldn't recommend an actual rosette, some of them are backed with something stiff and would stick out weirdly when you pin it to your head.
>>
How long has lolibrary been down for? Wtf m8
>>
>>9351497
>>9351512
>>9351519
>>9351537
>>9351550
just adding to this that forwarding services are actually banned and they can shut down your account without warning if you use it. definitely use a shopping service to avoid trouble
>>
>>9352100
>shops produce maybe 3 releases a year
They are in the minority so, #notalltaobao
Lolita is really popular in China and most taobao brands just try to make money off of lolita
>>
>>9352131
Why does it go down so much? I'd be happy to contribute a small amount towards server maintenance if that is the issue. If enough of us did this, maybe they wouldn't have these issues anymore.
>>
>>9350383
Yes, bought the Brilliant Princess Story JSK in Sax; not my own money though.

Was going to post pic related, is lolibrary down?
>>
>>9352224
Oops. Just updated thread for first time in couple hours.
>>
>>9351281
I'd do the same
>>
>>9351724
Many people in Japan use laundry scent as well as detergent (some detergents have the scent built in as well) which gives their clothes that smell. It actually doesn't smell so bad on freshly washed and aired clothes but it's pretty gross once it's travelled
>>
>>9351610
I don't think cgl gives useful advice unless you're already familiar with what a good lolita coord should look like. A newbie might not realise if a troll is giving them shitty advice, and poeple have confessed that they come here and give advice when they've never even worn lolita themselves.
>>
>>9351944
I see it as a sign they're in it for the likes. If you really want to wear that coord all day, and make it perfect for yourself, you'd buy the glasses/accessories.
>>
>>9352187

True that, but the bigger ones that seem to pump releases with the same frequency as AP can probably be counted on one hand. They probably just make very frequent releases. I'd say they're the minority instead of the majority, if you go by lolitaupdates it's all a slew of different brands every week, and there's a lot that will tease a pic and then you never seem to hear from them again (I guess those are the ones that couldn't properly hash out the production contracts with the workshops). And of course, I'm not including those shops that make replicas, those are most obvious money grabs.
>>
Now that I know the answer to >>9351724, noob question time.
I'm going to wash the blouses to get the smell out. Some have cluny lace and I've had bad experiences with this bunching up when I washed it before, but I haven't tried to wash anything in a year or two (I took a hiatus from the fashion). How do I wash them without wrecking the lace? I'm thinking cold water gentle cycle?
>>
>>9352324
I usually wash my blouses by hand so I'm not sure what to suggest regarding machine washing but either way, once the blouse is out of the wash, hang it up to dry on a clothes hanger and gently pull on the lace to straighten it out while it's still wet. You can do the same thing with the entire blouse actually: Straighten the collar, the frills and the bodice, puff up the sleeves, etc.
It's a bit of a chore but the fabric is much easier to manipulate when it's wet and you can avoid having to iron the blouse later if you do this.
>>
File: Momoko.png (357KB, 363x559px) Image search: [Google]
Momoko.png
357KB, 363x559px
>>9350383
Hello Gulls, dunno if this is the right place for this, but i was wondering what is the name of the dress momoko is wearing in this pic? Im smitten with it
>>
>>9351907
>>9351922
>>9351932
What are you even talking about? I was talking about her address. Stop making up shit rumors if you got nothing to back it up.
>>
>>9352416
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you but if no one can help you in this thread try asking in the old school thread too >>9339410
>>
>>9352416
Pretty sure it's a 2005/6 release just called "Floral OP"
Either way it's by BTSSB.
>>
>>9352416
It was never released.
>>
>>9352416
A seamstress or costume designer made it for the film. Not by any brands.
>>
>>9351373
>>9351374
FUCKIN UPDATE RIGHT.
SHE ADMITTED SHE ONLY BID ON IT IN THE HOPE WE COULD COME TO AN AGREEMENT WITH HER SHITTY POSSESSIONS. She's like 'I don't know what to do now...'
it's like perhaps don't BID ON THINGS when you DONT HAVE THE FUCKING MONEY and just want to pawn your shit on a seller who doesn't want it fml
>>
>>9352455
I'm honestly beginning to give up on trades.

Have a few high end pieces as well as some LP leftovers. Unworn, etc. Said OTT.

One person contacted me with a tradelist and asked me if I liked anything. Of all the items available she was only willing to trade the cheapest and only around 4 of them. When I asked which dresses she was interested in trading for she said "all of them". When I asked her to pick one she said "all of them".

-______-

Had a bunch of offers of dresses with missing or broken pieces, offbrand shit that isn't lolita and the only reasonable offer I actually liked, like you, was "can you add cash" when my dress on average sells higher than that print in that cut.

I think I'll just take the money...
>>
>>9352460
When I say cheapest I literally mean bodyline. For an all brand tradelist.
>>
Secrets
>>
>>9352426
>>9352433
>>9352438
>>9352421
Thanks everyone!
>>
Oh dear god I feel less like a total creeper now that i see other gulls have folders full of images. I'm at like 100 images and i felt so creepy
>>
I feel like the lolita market is crumbling down and it's scaring me. I've been trying to sell an AP printed dress since like two months now at a ridiculously low price in good condition. Same for some of my friends.
>>
>>9352480
What price is that then?
>>
>>9352481
130$ for a Dreamy Dollhouse for example, a friend of mine is selling her Jewelry Jelly JSK with headbow for 110$,...
I mean, come on?
>>
>>9352455
I've dealt with this buyer before. She's the reason I don't sell overseas anymore.

Be very firm with her. Tell her you are expecting to make a sale, and that if she doesn't have the money, you'll just re-list the item. I got her to pay just by threatening to sell the item to someone else.
>>
I feel like the worst scum.
I said i didn't get my dress to get refunded and pay the rest of my rent this way i could have both the dress and pay my rent in time.
It's the first time I ever did this and I feel horrible. I mean yeah it feels nice to have a dress and my rent paid but I feel like a terrible human being.
>>
>>9352494
return the dress or tell your parents you are unable to take care of yourself and you need their money to refund a seller you scammed
>>
>>9352497
I can't afford to return it rn and my parents threw me out when they learned I was going out with a girl.
I guess I'll just wait til my next paycheck and tell them it arrived later than expected and give them the money back?
My Momoko sides tells me "who cares? It makes me happy" but deep inside I feel bad so i'll do that i guess
>>
>>9352499
Hopefully the seller posts about it on facebook or something so no one will ever trust you again
>>
Is it creepy to stalk every single friend's blog of some girl to find any pics of her/her coords?
I have a folder with 200 pics. I want to be her. I want to have her perfect lolita lifestyle. I want my parents to buy me all my shit like her.
I'm 21 and I'm jealous of a 16yo.
>>
>>9352494
There was really no other way for you to pay rent? I'm sorry for your situation anon, but why the fuck are you buying Lolita that is expensive enough to cover half a rent payment if you're still dependent on your parents? I hope you get outed as a scammer. Lolita is a hobby, not a right.
>>
I think that you're not a "true" lolita unless
>you own a decent wardrobe aka 5 pieces (at 10 pieces you're definitely a true lolita, bonus point if it's all burando, it shows your dedication)
>you own some brand
>you wear it at the very least once a month
>you take part in the "lifestyle" aspect of lolita at least a tiny bit (let it be your room decoration,activities like embroidering,reading or watching lolita related things)
>>
>>9352502
>I want to be her.
Yes, that's creepy. It's okay to save pictures of other lolitas for inspiration, it's okay to aspire to have a certain image or lifestyle, but it's definitely creepy to do things like this.
>>
>>9352505
it's the only thing that makes me happy and keeps me from killing myself desu, I don't depend on them since they refuse to even see me ever since. that was a ebay seller tho but that was still shitty of me t b h
>>
>>9352509
Look anon I relate to using lolita as a source of happiness and I'm guilty of using retail therapy as a coping method as well, but you need help. Genuine help. You shouldn't be spending money on lolita when you have important obligations to pay for first, and you certainly shouldn't be scamming people out of their money like this.
>>
>>9352509
Just think of that other girl that might kill herself because she sold her dress to pay bills and now she doesn't have the money to pay her rent
>>
>>9352493
Like how can she think this is an acceptable way to behave?? I was firm from the start, but now I am fukn mad. Like she just can't get it into her head that I DO NOT WANT HER STUFF
>>
>>9352509
>stealing is the only thing that keeps me from killing myself
bye felicia
>>
>>9352509
>"I don't depend on my parents"
>Can't pay rent when they cut you off without stealing

Anon, pls.
>>
>>9352573
not even this anon but
>bye felicia
>in 2017
cringe
>>
>>9352494
PayPal takes months to give out refunds, this seems fake.
>>
>>9352480
A Lolita buyer here (never sold anything on any platform). I want to share some reasons I avoid other Lolitas for purchasing secondhand in general;

>Emotional Baggage:
I have literally experienced some kind of emotional baggage attached to about half the transactions I've been involved with. What I learned is don't ask questions; if a seller isn't shipping on time, I always give an unspoken grace period because if I message them, they'll get defensive and /or want to turn it around onto me, even though I don't approach them with any accusing tone.

>Pricing:
Japan's secondhand pricing, even with $20 EMS, is cheaper then 1/3 of the stuff Stateside. I don't mind in the case of rare or popular pieces, because you can see what's driving up or keeping the price point stable (closet child often sells Misty Sky for $500) but saying "buh it's brand" is not a reasonable reason to keep the price high on a used object.

>Questionable damage:
I have gotten so many things with a degree of "questionable" levels of damage not disclosed before hand. I've only ever pursued the issue twice and both times I got chased away for trying to "cause trouble".

>>9352482
Jewelry Jelly and Dreamy Dollhouse were really tied to the OTT Sweet trend. Do you think that maybe their value to people was more in the trend and less in the "i just love this" category?

>>9352494
See, it's people like you that I think scar people to the extent that when I ask about a mild sweat stain and a partial refund they totally freak out.
>>
>>9352652
correction, it meant to say 2/3 cheaper
>>
File: FB_IMG_1486832603853.jpg (60KB, 819x740px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1486832603853.jpg
60KB, 819x740px
This made me cringe more than I should. They probably put a lot of effort in and want to expand their brand, but even logo is godawful
>>
File: 00015.jpg (199KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
00015.jpg
199KB, 670x400px
Can someone please explain this print to me? At first I thought it was a religious print but then I noticed the dragon
>>
>>9352499
I hate how stupid fucks like you use Momoko as an excuse to be manipulative douchebags. Momoko is a fictional character. You have no Momoko side. She is fake and you are trying to justify your behavior through things that never even happened. You are scum.
>>
>>9352686
Why not both? There are dragons in the bible.
>>
>>9352494
>I feel like the worst scum
That's because you are.
>>
>>9352482
>a friend of mine is selling her Jewelry Jelly JSK with headbow for 110$,...
If it's the listing I see on LM with stains and missing neckties, that's probably why it hasn't sold for that price.
>>
>>9352566
Please leave negative FB outlining all of this so others csn avoid her
>>
>>9352494
People like you are why I stopped selling on LM.
>>
>>9352726
Nope,it's in perfect condition with a headbow.
Mine has just two small stains in the back and that's it. with a matching headbow as well
>>
>>9352737
>>9352482

To be painfully honest... the OTT pastel sweet trend has kind of passed, marked by the decline in pricing for Sugary Carnival. I mean, if SC went from $600 down to $200.... and neither Dreamy Dollhouse nor Jewellery Jelly were all that coveted to begin with, I could have picked up either for 10k yen four years ago when the pastel sweet trend was riding high. I think the trend simply passed and people like different things now.

Some anons seem to be trying to bring back OTT pastel sweet, if you want to jump on that, maybe hype it up a bit and find others who are hyped up for OTT pastel sweet, you might be able to find someone looking to buy. I don't think it's worthless, but the pricing now is probably closer to old school lolita where ten-year-old dresses go for $50-80, not over $100.
>>
>>9352502

I find it more sad and depressing than creepy, actually.

In particular, the part where you say you want your parents to buy you shit, presumeably so that you can go out and live the "perfect lolita lifestyle" funded by your parents. Let's face it, there's no way for you to return your parents to God and demand he give you new ones that'll buy you shit. So basically you're going lusting after something that you already know that you can never ever have.

I mean, you can certainly lust after it and feel jealous and whatever all the same, but do you really want to collect 200 reminders of something you can never have? I'd say you might as well make your peace with your lot, cry over it if you have to, then move on and find some other lolita to creep on. Preferably one where you lust over things you can achieve, like interesting coords, a nice style, or even just that she's an ordinary girl making her own money and making budget lolita look great. At least it's not going to be something where you feel sick and sad and depressed about all the nice things you can't have every time you look at their photos.
>>
>>9352494
fake
>>
>>9351519
For fril I recommend fromjapan :)
>>
>>9352686
It's a dragon and a castle and angels, probably some fairytale theme going on
>>
Does anyone have an idea when AP is going to release the tights for dreaming present
Its been months and they've already release the tights for brilliant night story and i just want from fucking bears on my legs to go with the bears on my body gdi
>>
>>9352728
What if she leaves me negative feedback in return? D: this is the first time I have sold on LM and I don't want a negative review...
>>
>>9352499
At least Momoko paid for her brand and didn't scam anyone but her father
>>
>>9352784
I think if she leaves negative feedback out of spite, you can go to the mods and explain what happened. I don't know if they have the power to remove negative feedback, but they definitely have the power to ban scammers, which is pretty much what this person is.
>>
>>9352648
Not true but I think it depends on the situation. They took about a week for me when I ordered a dress through LoliLoliParadise (which of course, I never fucking got because fuck them). I imagine they had similar claims around the same time though so that was probably a big help.
>>
>>9351568

I have secondhand brand up for like $150 and cheaper anon.... the only expensive thing is a dress I know market price has gone for that much
>>
For a dress from Taobao up on Lacemarket, would you say the $90 for a tailored dress is way too much? It seems a little steep to me.
>>
>>9352941
I think it's way too much
>>
>>9352941

It depends which taobao shop and how popular the release was. But even tailored brand should be about half price.
>>
>>9352941
completely depends on the dress. List it for what you want for it, if it doesn't sell reduce it.
>>
>>9352947
>>9352976
>>9352979
It's one of my top dresses so I was really conflicted, but thanks for the good advice guys. I'm gonna hold out until the price goes down.
>>
>>9351898
every package i opened had that strange `~Japan~ smell, like weird musty/detergent blend, i finally went and it's subtle but definitely there, especially on people/in shops. not really on the streets. idgi
>>
>>9352784
LM mod here, you can go to our facebook page and pm us with this story if this happens to you and we'll have your back. Retaliatory feedback is against the rules.
>>
>>9353001
Aren't dryers really uncommon in Japan? Maybe it's like a combination of clothes that never fully get dry after washing + air freshener or laundry detergent?
>>
When does a low offer become 'low balling' rather than just offering at market value. I made an offer on an unsold dress for 200 less than the unsold BIN as everything is selling at that price, auctions going for even less but do you think it rude when buyers try to rationalise offering less?
>>
>>9352494
If you live paycheck to paycheck like a fucking peasant and you do shady shit, you don't deserve to wear lolita.
>>
>>9353001
If you're talking about the same kind of smell that I'm thinking of, I'm pretty positive it's some kind of standard detergent and/or dry cleaning product used there. I also noticed it when I went to Japan, although I stopped noticing it when staying there for several months, probably due to using the same detergents myself. After returning to my home country, I started noticing it on Japanese tourists and expats and exchange students who've just arrived here. Once they've been here for a few weeks, the smell stops.
>>
>>9353047
and I'm pretty sure it's not the lack of a dryer that causes the smell because I don't have a dryer myself and my clothes don't smell like this. Even in cases where they've smelled musty before, it was a very different smell.
>>
>>9353039
It will still be seen as rude. Even if the seller is delusional, they think it's a reasonable price and offering 200 less will offend them. Just wait and buy it from someone else.
>>
File: attack.jpg (118KB, 501x258px) Image search: [Google]
attack.jpg
118KB, 501x258px
>>9353047
I bet it's the "attack" detergent.
>>
>>9353039
Making an offer when a seller is waaaay over market price is reasonable, but most sellers who price that way aren't. Just because your offer isn't accepted doesn't mean it was rude.
>>
Where do ya'll get your petticoats?
I'm looking for something cupcake shaped and preferably a light color (white or pink) that doesn't cost $200 preferably.
[spoiler]Are square dancing pettis passable? [/spoiler]
>>
>haven't worn lolita in years
>check lace market for shits and giggles
>dream dress of 7 years is on sale
>can barely afford it, know i won't wear it
>im still probably going to buy it
>>
>>9353023
Clothes that never get fully dry after washing? There is such a thing as hanging your laundry up to dry, you know. Also tumble drying clothes is really bad for them.

As for the smell that anon is referring to, could be cheap Febreze-like clothes refreshing spray from the 100yen shop, some of these do smell vomit-inducing.
Funnily enough, Japanese people often complain about the smell of American detergent on review sites and such, never thought the reverse would be a thing too. Personally I once had someone ask what kind of fabric softener I used on a band shirt I sold her because she thought it smelled so good (couldn't tell her though since I change it all the time).
>>
>https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/angelic-pretty-x-imai-kira-cats-tea-party-set

>Cats tea party Hello, here is the beautiful Cats tea party set for sale. Breaks my heart but money is much needed at the moment! It has NEVER been worn (bought it, sold it to a friend who's never worn it, then bought it back to never wear it so.........). Please give it a good home and lots, lots of love!
>>
>>9353179
squaredance pettis are not passable. theyre not even bell shaped. try bunny house (facebook) if you want a nice one for cheap
>>
>>9352494
You are shit.
Charge your cc and pay it off when you can.
Your mistake should not be at the expense of others!
I hope you get arrested, fuck.
>>
>>9353179
Malco Mode's models 580 and 582 are pretty lolita friendly, but you might be better off getting an actual lolita appropriate petticoat. Expensive petticoats shouldn't really cost more than $60, and you can get them for much less from places like (in addition to Bunny House) MeLikesTea and Classical Puppets (though some recent reviews are mixed in quality lately). I'm sure you can hunt for some down on lacemarket.

Speaking of, have anyone bought the petticoat off of Wunderwelt yet? I might consider shelling on one for review's sake if not.
>>
>>9353365
I would be very very interested in a review of the Wunderwelt petti, so please do!
>>
>>9353179
I own two from MeLikesTea and they're great. A 2 layer viole one for daily wear, and a 4 layer organza for when I want to look like a cupcake. The organza one has deflated a little bit, but the viole one hasn't.
>>
>>9353297
>>9353365
>>9353415
Thank you guys, I will probably go with a MeLikesTea.
>>
>>9351040
This happened to me too. Over half my order was sold out and it just ended not being worth it for the shipping, so I just cancelled.
>>
>>9353297
Not the anon you were replying to, but I use a Malco Modes 582 and once it's pinned up in a few spots it gives a decent bell shape.
>>
>>9353288
>$1400
>not the grey colorway
Not today, Satan.
>>
>>9351947
Which she did. Bitch said she got them from Amazon. cringe
>>
>>9351944
It's a snow filter. I don't think they were using it for the glasses, more for three way it alters your face shape and makeup. Glasses was just a bonus to them.
>>
File: 1485885593523.gif (452KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1485885593523.gif
452KB, 450x253px
how long does wunderwelt typically arrive for you guys? ive been waiting for weeks
>>
>>9353666
Email them about it. What does the tracking say? I had a package that got lost in customs from them, and was able to get them to open an inquiry on the package from their end. When it was confirmed it was lost, they refunded me.
>>
>>9353666
I won an auction from them last weekend, emailed and paid them immeadiately on Monday, they shipped it Tuesday and it hit customs Saturday so I'm expecting it on Monday. It was shipped via EMS though.
>>
>>9353666
Just email them.
>>
>>9353262
Buy it and wear it, Anon. You don't have to be in lolita (again or at all) to just buy and wear a nice dress that you like.
>>
>>9352417
New poster:
you shouldve been clear in your post. If they heard something different you cant say they didnt. Trying to be mysterious. You shovldve say her address upfront.
>>
>>9353666
What shipping did you get? I always use EMS w/ them and get it within a week.
>>
>>9351139
>>9351193
No don't join it, the mods are autistic.
>>
>>9353601
Grey is on y!auctions
>>
>>9352141
So what's the difference between a forwarding service and a shopping service?
>and why in 2017 is there not an easier method to purchase foreign merchandise
>>
>>9353859
Forwarding Service: Provides an address at their warehouse under your own name and then takes that package and ships (=forwards) it to your home address that you gave them. You do the shopping in the online shop etc. by yourself but enter the warehouse address the Forwarding Service gave you.

Shopping Service: a service that does the shopping on your behalf in their name and then ships the package to your home address you gave them. You don't do shopping by yourself, but send the shopping service the link of the product and they purchase it for you.
>>
>>9352686
arthurian legends, medieval lit in general, even Doctor Faustus by Marlowe (Elizabethan era) combined dragons, castles, and angels
>>
>>9353873
Thank you! I like to know what I'm wearing
>>
>>9353874
if you make a Faustus coord i will love you tbqhf
>>
>>9353882
I'm not familiar with Faustus, I was thinking of a saint George coord.
>>
>>9353865
Which one would you recommend? Is one cheaper or easier to use?
>>
>>9352502
General something is wrong with the parents or they want to make money off of her. Or she is ugly and they want to present her early so she can get ahead. Think about it who would spend 10's of thousands on a 16 yo and then beg for followers. Also a lot of loli lie about thier age. These are grown women with parents, boyfriends/husbands, and part time jobs.
I feel bad looking somi duomo. Yeah she's not allowed to live a life but she is put before everyone simply because she is white.im white but my mom wont let me be sexy. She has a hugh company behind. And yeah I know if sings doesnt work out she will be prostitye but she literal has the world at her feet.
>>
>>9353666
I've used both EMS and SAL with them. Both times it took within 3 days to invoice. After the invoice they shipped out within a couple days. EMS came in 3 days, SAL took about a week and a half. If it takes any longer than 3 weeks I'd ask them. Did you get a tracking number?
>>
>>9353849
How so?
>>
>>9353906
the fuck are you goin on about
>>
>>9353906
You lost me after the first sentence anon
>>
>>9353895
use a shopping service, easier to use and you won't need to worry about your order randomly being cancelled.
>>
>>9353895
Usually forwarding sevices are cheaper since they just store your stuff and then ship it. Shopping services are probably easier to use, especially if you don't know Japanese / Chinese.
Also, as has been mentioned somewhere above, some websites or seller don't sell to forwarding services.
>>
>>9353023
Yes, and that's what I think the reason is. It's not they're still wet or anything, it's that they're line dried and something about tumble drying them disperses the scent.

I would do my laundry while in Japan, hang it up, collect it off the line the next day it all my clothes had "the smell" until I traveled back home and started using washer + dryer again.

I line dry my delicates back home, and they always smell more strongly of detergent of the clothes I tumble dry.
>>
>>9353042
what is budgeting/saving and being fiscally responsible?

3/10 for making me take the bait
>>
>>9352519
This is a nice way to look at it. Very genuine.
>>
>>9353039
Why not just but it elsewhere if it's selling cheaper everywhere? Outside of some delusional rando though, who prices their dress that high over current market value?
>>
File: 1456685334085.png (411KB, 599x386px) Image search: [Google]
1456685334085.png
411KB, 599x386px
>>9352494
>I feel like the worst scum
Yeah, you should, because you are
>>
>>9353911
No i didnt...i checked the order details and the email they sent and its not there, but i might be checking the wrong place. I chose SAL
>>
>>9352494
Please stop trying to maintain an expensive hobby until you can take care of your basic necessities without stealing. What does it matter if you have a nice dress, so now you are a prettier thief?
Rather to not buy a dress and not rob people for luxury you can't afford. Every time you look at the dress, I hope you are reminded that you are a thief and do not deserve to have it.
>>
File: SOFUCKINGCALM.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
SOFUCKINGCALM.gif
2MB, 480x270px
I have a question and I apologize if this is the wrong thread for it but all the other ones up seemed less appropriate.
Has anyone ordered from FRIL before? I fell in love with a dress on the site and I can't read it for the life of me and I'm really intimidated and confused (pic related). If it is good, does anyone have a good recommendation for a third-party site to go through? I glanced at Japonica Market and it seems okay (it says it can order for FRIL specifically) but if anyone had a better suggestion I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for your time
>>
File: no.png (227KB, 1353x776px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
227KB, 1353x776px
>>9354149
Never forget 6000$ Cinema Doll. You think someone overprices by 200$, try overpricing by 5400$.
>>
>>9354084
You should probably read OP's post, anon. They're clearly not budgeting or saving at all, to the point of stealing from another lolita.
>>
>>9352494
And sellers this is why you always ship with tracking. Maybe even with signature confirmation.
>>
>>9354214
I assumed she was talking about a western seller and we all know these wildly overpriced things are the exception, not the rule. I'm not sure I'd PM a seller who was obviously over-pricing something by $200 over common selling price, that's kind of a red flag that they might have some issues or baggage with the sale.
>>
File: reallybinch.jpg (45KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
reallybinch.jpg
45KB, 250x333px
>>9352509
Wow, so not only are you a thief and a scammer, but you're manipulative too. "B-but I have a mental illness uwu feel bad for me" Face the facts: you're a greedy little cunt. I hope you get evicted. Go cry on your Tumblr about it, the shoplifting tag would be perfect for you
>>
>>9354206
which dress is it? might be easier to buy off closetchild or something more reliable. with these market apps, you can't always trust the seller to be honest.

if you're set on that specific dress though, japonica is fine or you can use chibitenshi. i've heard good things from both!
>>
File: trustyourfeelings.jpg (108KB, 1161x610px) Image search: [Google]
trustyourfeelings.jpg
108KB, 1161x610px
>>9352494
cuz ya are, Blanche. ya are.
>>
>>9354206
Japonica market would be a good first place to start, but zenmarket will be cheaper. Use google translate to get an idea of what the listing has. If there's anything important in the description (stains, damages, missing items) Japonica generally messages you and tells you this then asks you if you want to continue to buy it. You can also put a few questions in the order form when you buy it and they can help check if the item is what you wanted.
>>
>>9354206
does no one know how to check the archives before asking these tired old questions?
>>
has anyone emailed Wunderwelt to ask Mana-sama a question?
>>
>>9354400
2 shy desu
>>
>>9354214
>>9354245
Iirc, someone made a private deal w/ the seller for a BIN price, and something or other happened wit another bidder who increased the bid to $6k. No one actually paid $6k for the dress
>>
>>9354400
I'm going to. I have 3 questions for him actually. Maybe one will make it through.
>>
>>9354174
SAL doesn't have functional tracking numbers. Next time, get a decent shipping method or stop whining because your parcel being shipped by boat isn't as fast as one by air.
>>
>>9354465
Did you even look at it? No one has bought it. It's been relisted over and over for a year or so.
>>
>>9354473
It's too late now, it shut days ago.
>>
>>9351610
No because there are quite a few 'lolita at heart' people here who both give bad advice and idealize the shit out of the fashion in a kind of creepy way. I want noobs to see actual lolitas without being influenced by the creepy lurkers here.
>>
>>9354485
Oh well, hopefully he may do it again. He does ask for our thoughts and impressions frequently on his blog though so I could always send them there. Maybe I will.
>>
>>9354483
>SAL doesn't have functional tracking numbers
I use it fairly regularly and it's just updated slower than EMS but it still updates
Damn, pull the bloomers out of your ass, it's normal to get worried about packages
>>
>>9354484
Sorry my bad, was thinking of CTT which was mentioned earlier
>>
File: Snapchat-5108819521375109863.jpg (772KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5108819521375109863.jpg
772KB, 1440x2560px
Newbie lolita from last thread with AP blouse and awful jsk,

Does this combo of blouse and jsk look okay? Does the jsk look small on me, do you think? Sorry for inexperienced questions.
>>
File: 20170212_192509.jpg (2MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_192509.jpg
2MB, 2160x2160px
The indie accesory thread is dead. So, I'm trying my hand at making a rosette with some ribbon I already had. I still need to fray check the bottom part. But does the octopus and anchor look good with it? I haven't attached them yet.
>>
>>9354510
Badass.
>>
>>9354510
Looks good anon. I would just suggest checking the ribbon proportions with the others, as some look longer and some look too short. The octopus looks awesome though, I love it.
>>
>>9354522
The ones with the stripped piece on top are the same size. The one white on in the back is a larger piece. I made sure to line them up so they're all centered properly.
>>
>>9354304
Hah, my home
>>
>>9354510
The cream colored ribbon looks like cheap grosgrain craft ribbon. The octopus looks too big for the rosette center.
>>
>>9354510
The ribbon does look fairly cheap, but design wise I like it and it should still look fine from a reasonable distance away. Much better than the overly complicated rosettes you see from some indie sellers with charms/feathers/flowers/whatever else all sticking off it at the same time.
>>
>>9354554
>>9354526
Yeah. It's just ribbon I had at home. I wanted to practice with what I had on hand and figured if I got a decent shaped one, I could make others with better ribbon. I can swing by one of the bigger craft stores tomorrow.
>>
>>9354559
Of course it's fine for practice but have you seen the better-quality rosettes in person? They are made with woven millinery ribbons not craft ribbon. Big difference.
>>
>>9352480
Keep in mind that the economy (in America) is still pretty shit. It's gotten better, but it's not what it used to be.
>>
>>9354174
You should still have gotten a tracking number. Maybe the email got lost in the void? Your problem will not get fixed by continuing to post here so just email them already.
>>
>>9354502
>>9315253

do not shit up the general with self posts and coord help questions.
additionally, if you want crit, assemble a full coord, where it, post pics to CoF, then lurk the CoF thread
>>
>>9354400
I've emailed them before about shipping. They're pretty responsive, so go ahead and contact them.
>>
>>9354637
hmmm, newness plus lack of reading comprehension. tasty.
>>
>>9351610

I redirect them practically anywhere except here.

The ita thread isn't always sane or sensible. Once a blue moon you get some autistic gull nitpicking something really dumb and small like their overall theme "not making sense" as if it was the one overarching theme that makes a coord ita. Another time some gulls were simply bitching about flowers or star clips in coords. I don't even mean bitching about how they're shoe horned into coords, they'll outright post any coords where someone is wearing flowers with a star-themed dress to the ita thread and bitch about it as if it was the end of the world instead of being a minor nitpick. None of these are good lesssons for a newbie to pick up, lolita can be fairly nitpicky, but threads like that is going to make lolita straight up autistic-looking. If you need to direct someone on here, it always needs to come with a warning to ignore the salty seagulls and the ones talking out their ass, and if they're too new to know which is which, redirect them somewhere else.
>>
>>9354455
>>9354473
>>9354485
i was afraid no one would email and yet i also procrastinated

m.e.behavior
>>
>>9354510
>The indie accesory thread is dead.
we have an indie crafts thread that has been up for longer and is a long way from autosage. y'all gotta get better at using the goddamn catalog.
>>
>>9354887
I keep forgetting that thread isn't just for resin.
>>
>>9352509
Do you even understand what you're saying? "I hurt, so therefore I can hurt other innocent people whenever I want, if not worse than me regardless of what I know about them".
>>
File: 1479891419375.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479891419375.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
does anyone have a larger/readable version of this pic? not sure what other thread to ask in, sorry.
>>
>>9355296
Ask in /fa/
>>
File: 1443854853597.jpg (460KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1443854853597.jpg
460KB, 1200x1200px
>>9355296
>>
>>9355303
you're a saint, thanks <3
>>
I've been wanting to get Baby's Bless from Michael but I know that they've been re-releasing this dress a lot. Should I bite the bullet and just buy it on LM for about 400 or wait out for the re-relase?
>>
>>9351724
Definitely laundry scent and detergent. When I lived in Japan most of the more girly laundry detergent had that sweet scent that you get with second hand lolita.
>>
>>9355365
Honestly i don't see this getting a release, and i know it hurts to hear that. Cause i want the full black colorway.
Just shell the money out and enjoy your frills desu
>>
>>9355645
>full black colorway
The only colour that never seems to get a look in, BABY's really neglectful of black colourways
>>
Can you guys suggest lolitas to follow on insta?
I know we normally have threads just for this but desu I didn't feel like making a new one.
Feel free to self post.
>>
>>9355814
Make a thread for this, please. Don't post it in the general.
>>
>>9351395
Ask Kate.
>>
>>9351179
I'm still getting used to CGL board culture. Is helping people seriously looked down upon or is this just salt just to be salty?
>>
>>9355849
Some people don't like it because it breeds entitlement in the one you're spoonfeeding. I wouldn't say most seagulls really look down on it though. If you want to spoonfeed, hey, it's your time you're wasting.
>>
>>9355849
It's frowned upon as a lot of resources are available that answer most questions people demand to be spoofed on.

I only do it because I like to think it may reduce the number of itas in the world plus I don't collect knowledge for knowledge sake anyways.
>>
>>9355849
Part of learning how to do lolita is learning how to research, learning to translate with google, convert currency use online pay or shopping sites.

For me, not spoon feeding the basics is a test of how motivated noobs are because if they think it's too hard to look things up that I KNOW have easy-to-find resources, then I'm not going to waste much further time on them.
>>
>>9355849
ugh, lurk more. how dare you ask for spoonfeeding about board culture
>>
This is a really dumb question but I just got my first lolita pieces and spent ~7 hours hand washing them.
Can old school pieces generally get machine washed on cold/gentle? I know plenty of brand can but .. I'm so afraid of them falling apart from handling them wrong.
>>
File: IMG_3110.jpg (25KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3110.jpg
25KB, 470x313px
>>9355303
Fuckin Rick Owens man. I love to look up pics from the fashion show this parodies and look at the models expressions and imagine that they're breathing in fart.
Cgl version is way better though
>>
>>9356068

Yes, in fact I find my older stuff more machine-friendly, but of course there's some tricks and things to avoid.

For cotton lace and ruffles, you'll want to tug on them gently while they're still wet, otherwise they dry like clumps of used tissue and are a pain in the butt to straighten out. I haven't tried throwing things in the dryer (we don't have one), do be wary of ribbons and old school AP surprisingly still has some random tulle lace here and there, I'd suggest using low/no heat despite most old school being like 99.9999% all-cotton which should be fine with higher heat.

Be wary of velvet and darker colours as well. You'd think previous owners would have washed all the bleed out by now, but there's always the odd red, navy or black dress that bleeds like a mofo when you wash it in the machine for the first time. Burando velvet will actually do fine in the washing machine about 99.9999% of the time as well, but water washing isn't good for it, so you should probably just dry-clean it unless you have a meetup tomorrow and need to wash it today or something.

And of course, there's always that one weird anomaly. There's an AP release out there where if you dry-clean it something will melt, and if you wash it in water the red velvet trim will bleed into the surrounding white. I don't imagine there's any more of those dresses left by now, since they can't be washed, but you never know.
>>
>>9351455

Late answer, hope you're still around:

I received a secondhand Meta print in black that was slightly fuzzy, so I took a razor to it. You do need a careful hand, some patience (lolita skirts are 2-3m wide after all), and not be obssessive about the gathered fabric near the waist where it's difficult to get the razor into the folds, better let it be fuzzy than accidenttally cut into the skirt. I had to do it a couple of times, it came back from the wash still looking a bit fuzzed after my first go, or maybe it fuzzed up more, I'm not sure. After the second or third time it looked all right, though.

It definitely improved its appearance, although it didn't take away the worn feeling, and the print lacks the sheen that most cotton prints have. 7/10, would take a razor to fuzzy dress again, though I'd prefer buying a newer dress instead.
>>
>>9355849
The entire board would just devolve into spoonfeeding and repeating the same shit every week. We could write some massive FAQ and include it in the OP, but honestly it's not that hard to do your own research and just lurk a little.
>>
>>9356068

Older pieces do just fine in the washing machine. If you're worried about the color bleeding (especially with red or black), test it first by getting a piece of the fabric wet and rubbing a white cloth on it. You can also throw color catcher sheets in the wash with it.

Construction wise, they'll be fine. Older brand is built to last. Don't worry about the dresses falling apart in the wash, I have a Meta skirt that just turned 15 years old and is holding up better than all the newer brand I've owned, despite coming to me used and being worn at least once every 2 months for the past several years.

Don't put anything in the dryer though, that's bad for all clothes, just hang to dry instead.
>>
How does AP do rereleases again? Two weeks of new prints, then a rerelease of an old print?
>>
Does anyone know if Kawaii Goods printed fabrics are washable? I really like their melty chocolate dress and am thinking of using it for otome (buying it like one or two dresses sizes bigger to make it more of an otome 'fit' ?)
>>
>>9356068
If you're really worried about machine washing put them in those little mesh laundry bags to machine wash. I've done that with all of my cotton-based dresses/blouses from both lolita and mori to make sure the lace doesn't get caught on something random.
>>
What are your opinions on wearing off brand? Not replicas, but brans like Pumpkin Cat or Infanta? Is that something to look down on someone for? I know there are elitist that are "brand or its not Lolita" minded.
>>
File: image.jpg (465KB, 1605x2140px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
465KB, 1605x2140px
so this is kind of awkward
>>
>>9356611
For what reason? It's been done so many times over by now.
>>
>>9356577
I personally don't like infanta because quality is so important to me when it comes to lolita, wearing something that's not very high quality can be just as bad as not wearing a petticoat. I've never seen pumpkin cat irl so I don't know about them.
>>
>>9356141
is the dryer as damaging when used with no heat? the region i live in would probably give my clothes mildew if i hung dried them so ive been using no heat
>>
>>9356632
no i agree, there's two pin girls releasing the same design at the same time, it's weird. the second one looks better but she's the copycat?
>>
>>9356107
>>9356141
>>9356541
What about cutsews?
>>
>>9356577
Personally i am a "brand whore" most my closet is brand but dude i wont lie, i love indie/off brands like souffle song. Not always the best quality but every so often its a good find and worth the low price.
>>
>>9356577
I don't care what other people wear. I generally buy brand but I wouldn't be against buying something specifically because it isn't a name brand.
I do know someone who looks down on people own things from bodyline and similar stores, but she dresses like shit so I don't really value her opinions.
>>
>>9356684
Someone has already released a pin that looks a lot like BTSSB heart and it says Brand Whore, so these two copying a bow and look similar to AP bow pin with 'le ironic phrase' doesn't surprise me. I'm sure some think they are all cute and fun but I think they are all tacky. If these are both copies of a version of AP's bow, who cares which copied the other when they are both just copying AP in the first place?
Better to buy a brand pin anyway. Or something original from an indie company.
>>
>>9357112
the top one is from the girl that made the btssb brand whore ones actually
>>
>>9356665
I live in a mildew-prone area and I've only had issues when I've been air drying too many clothes at the same time. If you're hanging up just a couple dresses it shouldn't be a problem, from personal experience mildew occurs when there's not enough airflow. I suppose you could use the dryer on no heat, though I've never done that myself.

>>9356748
I machine wash all my cutsews and they've been fine. I actually don't buy blouses anymore because brand cutsews are much easier to wash and care for, which goes a long way if you wear lolita often. Offbrand cutsews can be shitty and fragile though.
>>
>>9357141
>>9356684

You can't really copyright an idea, and basically 99% of what they're both doing is parodying AP's brand logo. Legally they're both right, even if the second girl got her idea from the first girl.

The rest is up to you. 60% of my wardrobe is AP and another 30% is btssb but I wouldn't go anywhere near these pins or the btssb brandwhore one, it's just a touch too much tackyness. If you prefer to show your support of the first artist and tell everyone how the second girl is a copy cat, that's your call, I suppose. Technically you don't know for sure whether the second girl started working on her idea first after she saw the btssb brandwhore one, after she saw the deerstalker brandwhore ring, or if she came up with it entirely on her own.
>>
>>9356611
Both are gross and tacky so who cares
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.