[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WEAPONS check. general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: OnlyAtAnimeExpo.jpg (108KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
OnlyAtAnimeExpo.jpg
108KB, 600x800px
ITT: Do foam weapons need to be checked?

Find out all info in this thread
>>
>>9350090
better to just bring it weapons check if you are unsure, but generally yes they do
>>
>>9350090
is open carry legal at conventions?
>>
>>9350090
Foam weapons need to be checked.
Wood weapons need to be checked.
If you're carrying a giant prop it needs to be checked.
If you're carrying anything that remotely looks like it could hurt someone it needs to be checked.
Weapons check all the things.
This has been your daily dose of weapons check.
>>
>>9350169
only if the con allows it and state allows it. but most will say to real firearms
>>
>>9350230
socal here
ALA doesn't let you have working loaded projectiles of any sort - don't bring your nerf gun modded yang gauntlets and shoot stuff
>>
Just bring an appropriate ribbon and peacebond it yourself.
>>
>>9350169
>>9350230
Concealed carry is fine as long as it's legal where you are in the first place. I've CCed a CZ 75 at Sakuracon before - hotel roomies didn't give a fuck and the con staff can't throw a fit if they never know.
>>
>>9351369
Isn't that against most con's policies though?
>>
>>9351377
I finally got around to getting my CPL so this makes me happy.
Not that I ever felt even remotely unsafe at the con but it's better to have it and not need it and so on.

>>9350368
>don't bring your nerf gun modded yang gauntlets and shoot stuff
Why do conventions hate fun?
>>
>>9351377
>>9352407
Just know that at least under VA law they can ask you to leave if they find out, and if you don't that's trespassing which _is_ illegal.
>>
>>9353077
So don't announce it to the staff and don't flash it around everywhere.
This is not difficult.
>>
>>9352021
Yeah, but if it's just a zip tie like most cons, they literally cannot tell. I haven't been to a con yet where they wrote down details of what they peacebonded.
>>
>>9353079
All I'm saying is that even if CC isn't illegal it could become illegal if you do flash it around, which is more than just con staff throwing a fit like the other anon said.
>>
>>9353157
>it could become illegal if you do flash it around
Well, yes, that's brandishing. It's the same deal if you walk in waving a tire iron around and yelling at people. If you play stupid games, you'll win stupid prizes, no matter how you choose to play them.
For anyone with a modicum of common sense and no serious psychological issues this is not an issue.
>>
>>9353077
>>9353079
>>9353157
Just read up on it, the law states that individual businesses can enact their own policies in regards to open carry but exemptions must be made for CPL holders. The same actually goes for schools as well, at least in regards to carrying near one. Open carry is not allowed within a 1,000-foot radius of a school but CPL holders can carry all the way up to the front door, just not inside.
So if you have a CPL in Washington, it would appear that you're effectively exempt from any and all carrying laws except those made at the federal level.
I fucking love this state.
>>
>did a Bioshock cosplay as Jack
>didn't have time to make a proper wrench
>just bought an aluminum one from a store and painted it over to make it look used and rusted
>taped it to my leg
>get inside con no problem
>take it off in bathroom
>enjoy my con
>>
Would bluebody training grenades be okay for most cons?
>>
>>9353888
people like you are the reason we have problems with such harsh restrictions
>>
>>9352407
conventions love fun
they hate retards doing shit they shouldn't though
>>
Most weapon policies are set by the venue, not the convention. Convention staff has an obligation to make sure attendees are following these policies and removing people who break them. Some convention centers come with their own security staff to enforce these rules.

As for the CC stuff they many not be able to take legal action against you if they find out you have one depending on your state. But if they do find out you have it for some reason they are completely allowed to revoke your con badge and ban you from the event.
>>
>>9353914
If they're made of metal it's pretty safe to assume not.
>>
>>9354159
Clearly you have never worked for a convention that wasn't held in a high school cafeteria.
Any convention above that level will be filled with the whiniest stuttering "b-b-b-but what if somebody gets hurt? we'll get sued!" autism robots.
>>
>>9354631
Something that could very easily be solved with a "we assume no liability" sign at the door anyway to shut them up.
>>
>>9354208
This. Though cons become extra anal sometimes because they don't want to become banned from the venue.
>>
>>9354631
>that wasn't held in a high school cafeteria.
Let's assume you have a convention where live steel, projectiles, and heavy wood objects are allowed. There's a sizable 10k people of a variety of ages. Out of these 10k people, do you think every single one of them thinks like a responsible member of society in a stable enough place mentally? And lets bump the entrance policy to be 18+. Will this increase or decrease the possibility of a finger chopped off because some shut in wanted to show off their ninjutsus while holding a kunai.
>>
>>9359651
Those signs are just to discourage people from suing, they have absolutely no legal power
>>
>>9350090
>used to be a scout
>carry a knife constantly, generally a nice $80+ one
>habit is doubly reinforced by sailing for a few years
>go to PAX every year
>always have a fair amount of shit in backpack
>drop knife at bottom of bag
>bag checkers aren't going to search the entire thing
>re-pocket once inside
>never been an issue

I fucking hate commies and hoplophobes. Trump needs to force concealed carry reciprocity nationwide already.
>>
>>9353129
They do at Anime North. You write down the details of your props, your name, where you are staying, and they take a picture of you with the prop.
>>
>>9350090
Does anyone know if it's alright to bring a timed bomb into a con?
>>
>>9362137
only if you're a muslim
>>
>>9354066
No, people like the yaoi paddle fuckers from back in the day are why we have such harsh restrictions.
>>
>>9362144
How did yaoi paddles even become a thing? How did somebody come to the conclusion that bringing a cricket bat to an anime convention and smacking people with it was a good idea and how did other people see that and consider it completely acceptable?
>>
>>9350169
Almost positive you need a permit for each state you carry in, period. Individually. Namely because laws vary drastically and are obviously more strict in city areas.
>>
>>9362727
there is a booth who sells yaoi. you've probably seen them before. dude made a yaoi paddle as a joke. weebs, being idiots, bought them and started hitting people because teehee convention fun and they're too stupid to remember that it's a piece of wood.
>>
>>9350169

Private venues can set their own rules.

You're allowed to open carry on streets for example, but a private business can have their own rules. I'm sure 99.99% of venues don't allow guns by default, so no
>>
>>9363910
Not true. More than half of the states have unrestricted open carry. Some others require a license and others don't allow it at all. Some states will recognize the licenses of other states. Also applies to concealed carry in that some are unrestricted, some need licenses, and some are effectively no period.
>>
If you don't get caught they can't ask you to leave. That's also about as much as they can do as long as your carry does not break a law. You leave, that's it, even if they call the cops.
>>
Even Dragoncon which is in the gun friendly state of Georgia tells you no weapons allowed unless you're a cop.
>>
>>9363910

Almost all states with a concealed carry law have reciprocity agreements with other states with such laws. There's a website for you to check:

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

>>9363919
>You're allowed to open carry on streets for example, but a private business can have their own rules. I'm sure 99.99% of venues don't allow guns by default, so no

This man is correct. Private property owners always have the right to ask you to leave; so if their policy is "no guns," open-carrying will get you booted out quick. However, some states *ALSO* give "no guns here" signs the "force of law," which means there might be criminal penalties for carrying in a private establishment with signage that meets certain minimum criteria.

Unfortunately these laws vary quite widely, often have specific conditionals for certain kinds of venues, and the penalties range anywhere from a civil infraction and a fine (like a parking ticket) to a felony (rare, but a few states have 'em.) In states without it, it's pretty simple - if the property owners are aware you're carrying, somehow, they ask you to leave - and if you don't, then you are guilty of trespassing, and they can call the cops to have you removed. In any case, they have to actually know you're carrying for it to be an issue, and since many of these establishments don't post the signage properly...

Additionally, there's NEVER going to be a con that allows firearms in their policy, simply for liability reasons - everyone has to watch out for the fucking lawyers.

Long story short: DO NOT FUCKING OPEN CARRY. In a con, especially, but it's not a terribly bright idea anywhere - it just gets people all riled up half the time. There's exceptions to every rule, of course; in some areas people just don't give a fuck, but NEVER, EVER, EVER AT A CON. Most cons have cops all over the surrounding area, and cops get twitchy about them too. JUST DON'T DO IT BRO.
>>
File: 1419468588516.jpg (299KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1419468588516.jpg
299KB, 800x800px
>>9365692

This site is probably the best one to get an overview of state gun laws, including signs and force-of-law therewith: http://handgunlaw.us/ Do your homework before you go to the con - also look up the gun laws in every state you'll be driving through, if you're travelling long distance.

And again, never, ever open carry at a con. Cons are filled with autism and weebs, the kind of people with no compunction about just grabbing it to see if it's real. Nobody should know about it. It should be a secret. Don't even tell your friends or con-mates, if you can help it.
>>
>>9363952
>If you don't get caught they can't ask you to leave
Insert image of that black guy pointing to his brain.
>>
are there general rules for bowsnarrows? not like a composite bow or anything just straight up wood and string. I've heard that the string needs to be slack for safety
>>
>>9375329
>are there general rules for bowsnarrows? not like a composite bow or anything just straight up wood and string. I've heard that the string needs to be slack for safety

In my country (Netherlands), if the wood can't bow, it doesn't matter and you can take it. But if it can you may need to slack the string, or hide it.

I'm not even allowed to trafel with my foam swords shown. Our weapon law says that real looking weapons are forbidden to be seen in public. Therefore, I have to hide foam swords, larp bows, etc. I guess they're scared for knights running in and killing people.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.