[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita things you miss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10

File: GLB_VOL_30 (40).jpg (776KB, 720x812px) Image search: [Google]
GLB_VOL_30 (40).jpg
776KB, 720x812px
I thought it would be fun to see what sort of things lolitas miss. Trends? People? Culture? Obviously this is going to mostly apply to people who have been in the fashion for at least couple years, but newer Lolitas are welcome to share anything they wish they hadn't missed as well.
>>
I miss when OTT wasn't the norm.
When owning brand was only a dream because nowhere shipped outside of Japan so you appreciated every single piece you had.
When knock-offs were few and far between.
When gothic was the most popular style (I like sweet too but it definitely changed the whole fashion in a certain way).
>>
Everyone being less visibly salty. Once the FB groups got going, the sodium is a bit much.
>>
OTT sweet being the style. It's what got me into the fashion, and to me there's something so fun looking about carefully piling accessories onto every part of you.I know its not completely dead, but 2010 OTT sweet looks so much more fun and street fashiony than OTT princess sweet
>>
File: GLB_VOL_25 (7).jpg (557KB, 720x1090px) Image search: [Google]
GLB_VOL_25 (7).jpg
557KB, 720x1090px
I discovered lolita in 2008, so most of the things I miss were from around this time.

This is a silly one, but I miss Bodyline's older dress designs.I actually adore my strawberry gingham Bodyline dress. Looking at their website now is depressing.

I also miss wigs not being nearly required. I remember there was a time where if you didn't wear a wig your outfit wasn't complete. I'm not sure if this attitude is still prevalent or not. I think that's calmed down quite a bit, but I still see tons of girls wearing wigs.

I miss wristcuffs. Do people even still wear those? I like the crochet cotton type ones best. I don't own a pair, but want some so badly. I might order that cheap-o pair from Bodyline honestly, because brands don't seem to hake them with that chunky cotton anymore. I feel like they are just so lolita.

I miss some of the old lolitas and blogs that used to be popular, like Lauran and Princess Portal. Those were both a little before I actually got into lolita, but I "grew up" as a lolita being inspired by them. I also adored the Lolita Charm blog, which was basicly my intro to the fashion. It's being updated regularly again, but it just isn't the same and has become more political than it is romantic. I'm a sucker for that romantic, daydreamy side of lolita. It really inspires me.

>>9348868
I also miss OTT not being the norm. It looks cute but it's party wear that's nearly a costume more than clothes. For me, it's not wearable for going out on the weekends or whatever. Even though sweet is becoming toned down these days and classic seems to be on the rise, the outfits are still so OtT. So many OtT dresses! I like simpler stuff.
>>
>>9348872
I don't think people are more salty I just think there are more people who are into lolita so it looks like there's more drama and salt but really there's not.
>>
>>9348881
Oh I understand what you mean. In a way, I really agree! I don't wear OtT and just said that I don't like it being the norm, but that old 2010 style of OtT sweet is something that I do really like. I like the princess-type look but if that's the look I was going to go for I'd rather go for a properly historical look instead.
>>
Meet-up pictures on lj. There's one or two comm's that still post them but most people just post individual pictures on CoF.
>>
>>9348872
I remember high levels of salt on getoffegl and lolita secrets though.
>>
>>9348905
This. If a community of the same calibre as getoffegl (or wasn't there another comm which was a lot worse back in the day?) there'd be outcry. I think cgl just became the replacement for getoffegl.
>>
>>9348901
yeah, It seems like there isn't really a place for them to be posted publicly anymore.
I wish there was a egl type facebook group where anything could be posted, sharing crafts, cute foods someone has made, meetup pics, photo shoots, lifestyle stuff, reviews.
>>
>>9348909
A few were made but they get abandoned/die off pretty quickly. It's sad. Is Lacebook still going?
>>
>>9348909
I think that if there was a FB group like this, it would just turn into another Lolita Amino. Cone to think of it, I feel as if that's what the Amino group intended to be from the start.
>>
>>9348897
you may be right...and I am not off on the 'lolitas r s'posed 2b lovlies' kick or anything but sometimes, I read FB posts and I am just like...'...dayum, so harsh!'

>>9348901
those were nice to see, I miss them too.

>>9348905
yep but those were containment boards for it sort of...or at least places where it was expected.
>>
>>9348911
Not sure, I'd like to know too. I think people were put off by it being invite only for so long and when they finally opened it up to all, few cared...or joined.
>>
>>9348914
I think it would be hard for it not to turn into a shit show, with noob posts and a bunch of self promotion for blogs/ youtube channels/ etsy shops.
But I think if there was heavy moderation, and a good vetting process it would work.
>>9348921
I was on it but I felt like I could already see all the stuff posted on instagram or on the facebook groups so going on it was just redundant.
>>
>>9348911
Lacebook killed itself by having shit-tier power crazy mods. I quit when one of them sent me a warning for not fucking tagwalling my posts. She also went in and edited my previous posts to have a wall of brand and style tags. It was stupid and I shouldn't have gotten in trouble for not wanting to tag my posts when it wasn't even in the damn rules.
>>
>>9348905
Pretty much. Lolita fucks was the worst.
>>
I miss how small and cozy the lolita community, both online and local, used to be. Brand was hard to get and most of the comm was pretty dang ita but I still miss it for some reason. It's probably just the nostalgia glasses talking.
I also really miss when it was the norm to try to do something nice with your own hair rather than just plop on a wig. I agree that a nice wig looks better than badly styled natural hair but most lolitas I see aren't even wearing nice wigs to begin with. Standards are really low, at least in my comm. Lots of local girls wear wigs so badly that even my mom has a 90% accuracy rate in "spot the wig" when I show her meetup photos and my mom has never even held a wig in her life. One mod always wears her cheap eBay wig like a hat and you can see her real hair sticking out from underneath it. It makes me cringe so hard whenever we're out in public with the group.

>>9348901
I miss seeing those too.

>>9348908
lolita_fucks was like our ita threads and got downright nasty sometimes. /cgl/ is like a bastard child of l_f and getoffegl, except it's anonymous so we get more samefagging and vendettas. So basically it's a bastard child of l_f, getoffegl and lolita_secrets lol
Interestingly, the fact that the LJ communities weren't anon didn't stop most of the posters from being catty even if their accounts had their photos on it. I remember certain posters as being particularly ruthless and sometimes you still see them post to COF or Instagram. I think most of them have chilled out a lot, though.

>>9348917
Whenever I see someone being especially salty on FB I assume they're an edgy teenager trying to forge some kind of identity for themselves. Nowadays it's cool to be Not The One and don't take no shit from nobody so that's what you're going to see more of.
>>
>>9348938
I don't think a lolita general group or page would work on FB due to format...it would be too tiresome to screen for only the things of interest to each person and try to hide/skip the rest. I find myself skimming LU like that under the #japanesebrand tag but if I had to tag-search a group for several lolita interests, I doubt I'd take the time.
>>
>>9348894
>wristcuffs
People do wear them, and you can get nice torchon lace cuffs (are those the ones you mean?) secondhand, though BABY has a nice looking pair in stock now too. I like wristcuffs but I never got the point of wearing them with short sleeves, like bracelets, it looks odd in my opinion. I just wear them to add length or detail to long sleeves.
>>
>>9348909
Well you can still post all of those things on egl. That type of stuff wouldn't be viewed as easily on facebook or animo anyway.
>>
>>9348953
>One mod always wears her cheap eBay wig like a hat and you can see her real hair sticking out from underneath it
There are several like that in my comm too, and wearing lolita without a wig is unthinkable to them. I always thought of them as cosplay rejects.

>even if their accounts had their photos on it
I think people are more aware of the 'dangers of the internet' now. When I was a teen and posted ''sexy'' pictures of my belly I certainly didn't realize those pictures would still be online 15 years later.
>>
>>9348901
Aw same. It was really cozy seeing people from all over sharing their experience being with other lolitas in their area. I really liked seeing how others styled their coords and what sort of locations and activities they did getting together. It was pretty inspirational sometimes.

I kind of miss photoshoots that were often accompanied with stories.
>>
i miss EGL-style gothic being loved
>>
>>9349130
Same. Nothing at all against other styles, but this is what got me into it and I'm one of the only consistent goths in my comm. Lately I think I've seen a small resurgence though.
>>
>>9348909
There's that Lolita Chat group but it's slow going.
>>
>>9349130
I had to explain to one of my lolita friends what EGA even is and i just cant believe it
>>
>>9348872
Livejournal was the epitome of salt, though, with actually about 5 wank communities relating to lolita alone I can think of. I think /cgl/ is so much easier to ignore.
>>
I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone, but the last meetup I went to I was one of like.. 3 girls wearing big petticoats. Most girls were wearing bell shaped smaller petticoats, some even to the point I couldn't tell if they had one on or not... big fluffy cupcake shaped skirts is what got me into lolita, so I'm sad to not see them.
>>
>>9349647
I think your comm is just full of itas. Big petticoats are the staple of the fashion and still are.
>>
>>9348905
That's what lolcow exists for these days.
>>
>>9349130
I just miss terms like EGA/EGL in general. Whatever happened to EGA specifically? It needs to make a real comeback. The brands are so timeless and beautiful.
>>9348868
>when gothic lolita was most popular
Honestly, this is the only thing that makes sense in my mind when I think of lolita fashion. Gothic lolita will always be the most iconic. I can't believe I live in a world where sweet is most popular and the gothic brands are very low in popularity and I personally know no one that owns Moitie.
>>
>>9348941
Same happened to me. Wonderbitch was just power hungry after the decline of livejournal. You'd think she'd make herself actually useful and idk volunteer to mod LM or something.
>>
>>9349716
Unfortunately it's popularity just seemed to decline as sweet lolita surged in popularity. I did try a little while back to get some femme aristocrat / EGA thread rolling but after a few it just seemed to have people stop posting to it. The problem with starting a general EGA / Aristocrat thread is that the ouji thread covers the homme part of it.
The main brands for it of Moitie and Boz are still going, but it feels like a while since Moitie's done much in the way of formal EGA releases, while Boz is still doing what it's always done, which is great to see.
Maybe if some more effort was made who else would love to see a bit of a comeback of the style? I would for one (it's my main style), and I can see a couple of others here...
>>
>>9349034
the whole idea of wearing things like wristcuffs and bracelet while wearing short sleeves is the balance, either your arm is just 'naked' and it usually doesn't look to good desu, especially not with sweet.
>>
>>9348941
What? That actually happened? That's such a shame because a lot of us who weren't e-famous and couldn't get invites were hoping to join Lacebook.

I'd love to see it salvaged and a general j-fashion website come back like that though. I personally think there's a better format than LJ/Tumblr/Facebook to mimic, though. It's always been a common complaint among lolitas back in the day that LJ was hard to navigate and now people find Facebook similar.
>>
Just like that previous anon I also miss that romantic, daydreamy side of lolita.
I also miss the "lifestyle" aspect.
And I just liked the 2008-2012 lolita style so much more than the new one, especially for sweet.
>>
>>9349735
That's not what I meant, bracelets are fine and wearing something on the wrists does balance things out, I meant to say that I think wearing wristcuffs with short sleeves looks odd. Just my opinion though.
>>
Lace sock toppers. I still have some. I think I could make an old school coordinate and wear them again.
>>
>>9349741
I'd just like an online comm where you have to show yourself in at least 1-3 non-ita, non-replica full coords before getting added. I'm sick of wanna -bees and replica-chans.
>>
>>9349881
I'd like this too. And if that makes the group 'elitist', so be it.

There's always going to be someone somewhere who thinks you're a mean poopiehead so why do many lolitas bend over backwards to please overly sensitive people who don't even wear the fashion? My local comm is overrun with cosplay weebs, entitled replica-chans, poorfag 'lolita at heart's and even people who straight up don't understand what lolita is and want to wear jeans to a fancy meetup. The mods refuse to kick any of these people out because they don't want to tarnish the comm's reputation. I'm pretty sure that having screaming children in cosplay wigs running roughshod over every meetup is worse for our image and reputation than letting one or two sensitive weebs cry to their teenage friends about lolitas not being lovlies.

I hate that having standards and preferring to be around other people with standards is now considered a bad thing.
>>
>>9348881
I also miss OTT Sweet Lolita. But I can clearly remember that it was also the most hated / controversial style back then, which is probably the main reason it died... pretty ironical when you see all those "haters" are wearing OTT Classic or Gothic now
>>
>>9348872
You obviously never experienced the LJ days.

>>9348881
It's still the most popular, newfag. Just a different type of sweet.
>>
I miss that people rarely write blog posts anymore. Now they are just posting an outfit picture on Instagram or Facebook and that's it. It was so great when also all my Lolita friends had blogs and after meetup you couldn't wait for their post to read their experience.
>>
File: 1462448604951.jpg (94KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1462448604951.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>9349130
>>9349198
I got into lolita around 2013 and I'm so goddamn sad I missed the time that gothic was actually around at meetups and popular. Sometimes I feel like sweet and classic are the only "real" lolita styles because I barely even see gothic around anymore and I feel like my style of lolita is so far removed from the things I see at meetups or on CoF. To illustrate, I saved pic related to my inspiration folder from a damn ita thread.

I wish I could meet other people who are into the same style of clothing as I am, but I 100% don't fit into goth communities either. Gothic revival when?
>>
>>9349914
this a hundred times.

>>9349918
as a sweet lolita i think gothic is as real as sweet or classic, it has a big importance to me as well despite the fact that i never wear it because i don't look good in it
>>
>>9349733
I don't wear EGA but I love seeing it. I just think there's not enough new material for an active thread.
>>
>>9349902
I seem to remember most of the hate they got was for not having personal taste/looking like clones, not for dressing sweet
>>
>>9349130
>>9349918
I feel lucky having some moitiefags in my comm now. Maybe it would work to organise a themed meet-up, to make the goths in your comm come out? You could go to a castle and call the theme romantic vampire
>>
>>9349961
Nayrt, but I'm so jealous you have people who wear Gothic in your comm. I have no idea why but my comm is 90% sweet. The few girls who wear goth are all much older than me and stay in a very tightly knit clique and rarely attend public meets. So all of our meet up photos are all kawaii pastels and me looming in the back in all black.

To contribute to the thread, I miss the romanticism of lolita. Similar to what other anon said about the "lifestyle" aspects being completely gone. Most everyone I know says something similar to "These are just clothes for me." We don't have any sort of culture anymore besides a) talking about each other and b) talking about our clothes. There's really no active music scene tying us together and our personal aesthetics are jarringly different these days.
>>
>>9349951
They got plenty of hate for looking like clowns, too.
>>
>>9349974
>"These are just clothes for me." We don't have any sort of culture anymore
I think there are two types of lolita's. This is all just based on the lolita's I know irl tough. There's the lolita's who do have a sense of romanticism for lack of better words, they became interested in lolita because of the lace, poofy skirts etc. And there are lolita's who found the fashion because they liked anime/jpop/other japanese stuff. And if I look at the subculture like a spectrum, there's lolita's who wear it to meetups and con's on one end, and lone lolita's on the other end. We're all in the same subculture but participate in different aspects of it. The meetups in my comm are dominated by the type who (only) wear it to meets and con's, and they constantly talk about anime, vidya etc. They nearly all wear AP and taobao. It's off-putting to the other type of lolita's. I also know a couple lone lolita's who aren't even a member of CoF or rufflechat, but they still participate in different aspects of the subculture. Sometimes there's a meet-up that appeals to the lifestyle and lone lolita's tough, and a few of them show up. We don't need music to tie us together, the clothes itself are the most important. But I sometimes see lolita's at visual kei concerts.

I miss when there were vk concerts regularly in my country.
>>
Blogs. Blog posts being the main way document outfits, meetups etc. will never come back due to the fast-ness of social media like instagram. I feel like writing up a whole post makes everything feels more special vs just posting one or two pictures to Instagram. What are old blogs that make you gulls feel nostalgic? I love looking at old blogs/livejournals, any recommendations?
>>
>>9349944
You're right, sadly, and it just leads to a downwards spiral, as the brands then don't see that the style is getting any love etc. I'm tempted to give it another shot and see if it gathers any momentum anyway.
>>
File: tumblr_nt8qf9RRdv1r80pqzo1_1280.jpg (158KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt8qf9RRdv1r80pqzo1_1280.jpg
158KB, 550x412px
It's not an era-specific thing, but I miss having a warm, friendly comm full of decently-dressed girls. My last comm was a lot of fun but I never made close friends there because I only joined a few months before moving to an out-of-state college. The comm here is pretty inactive, partly because mods host private get-togethers instead of organising for the comm. They're not unfriendly, but all the experienced lolitas have known each other so long that I never really feel like part of their circle, and the rest of the comm is really ita.

Sometimes I wish I'd joined a comm before I did, since I was lone for a long while, but I think I just got lucky. I was surprised when I saw some old comm pics and realised that a lot of girls I admired at the time looked ita as shit until about six months before I joined, so maybe joining when I was new would have been a bad influence.
>>
>>9349918
I think it depends where you live, my comm has more girls in gothic than classic. I think girls who exclusively wear gothic are a rare breed now but I think most comms get at least a 10-20% goth turnout at a meet.
>>
>>9349999
>Lolita's
>con's
Please learn the proper use of '

A lolita's OoJia knockoff was too short.
vs
There are a lot of lolitas at our meet-up.

The con's schedule was full of lolita events.
vs
There are almost no lolita cons in the US.
>>
File: 001_2-thumbnail2.jpg (187KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
001_2-thumbnail2.jpg
187KB, 600x596px
This is a downer post, but I miss the opportunities to enjoy lolita that I no longer have.

I got into lolita as a teen but, long story short, never wore it until several years later. I didn't have a very good teenage life and spent a lot of time fantasizing about lolita. I wish I could have spent my weekends dressing like a princes and having fun instead. Once I finally got my first outfits, I only wore them a few times. It wasn't until just recently I started wearing lolita on a regular basis.

I still have dreams of being a daily lolita even though it's not feasible. Even if it was I'm not sure I'd even still enjoy doing that at this point because it doesn't feel special anymore. I wish I had worn lolita when it was still exciting and new. By the time I started truely wearing it the magic had faded. I've been into the fashion for long enough that it doesn't really feel fun or exciting anymore. Out of all the things I miss about lolita, I miss it feeling special most.

>>9348953
I know what you mean about the smallness and coziness. I miss that too.
>>
>>9348894
I absolutely agree about missing the simplicity and beautiful details over prints.

when people call beautiful quality old school and trad lolita, horrible handmade you know we have a problem.
>>
>>9350476
It sounds like you over-romanticized what it is to actually wear the fashion. I think a lot of people do this if they don't just start wearing it soon after they discover it and for them it becomes this daydream that really has little to do with how it feels to really be a lolita.
>>
>>9350543
You might be right. I'm sure having a bad teenage life lead me to over-romanticizing lolita fashion. That probably is part of it.

I still think I've been in the fashion for long enough that it lost it's uniqueness though, if you know what I mean?

I do know some people who say lolita still feels special to them though, in spite of how long they've been involved with the fashion. Perhaps if I hadn't over-romanticized lolita it would still feel special to me as well.
>>
I miss the cosy comfy feeling of lolita, when everything felt delicate and charming. Now I get a very opposite vibe that things are more in your face and shocking. I guess OTT is to blame, but I liked OTT sweet and that made me feel all dreamy feeling too.

I just missed getting home from college and reading tutorials and blog entries.
>>
>>9350559
i think lolita hasnt lost its spark to me cause i dont have any other significant interests. i dont even follow tv shows lol
>>
>>9350483
>>9350476
I kind of feel this. I have a reputation in my community as being "super into old school", but I actually like modern lolita just as much. Oldschool coords have more of a shared aesthetic than the fragmented styles of today, making it easier to find stuff I like. I feel like I'm retreating more and more to oldschool and missing out on good modern looks because it's so hard for me to filter through the noise of coords I don't give a fuck about to find the fraction that I like. I don't even like the majority of coords on CoF, so it's become boring for me to scroll through trying to find something that will ignite that spark.
>>
I miss the elegant and dreamy look of old school lolita. Nowadays I feel like 'classic' or anything that isn't sweet looks like a costume with crosses and crazy patterns and colour combos. It's very pretty to look at but I feel like if someone had worn that even just 3 years ago people would say "stop cosplaying".

I just want elegant, lace-centric actual Doll-looking clothing and makeup back like in OP, >>9348863
>>
I miss old school being the norm and gothic being the main style. I even miss OTT sweet (which I hated at the time). I haven't really liked any new releases in at least six months (good for my wallet at least).
>>
I miss when coords had a "main point". nowadays it's like as long as it's in the right shade, you should add as many things to your coord as possible.
>>
>>9349913
The current most popular style is like OTT sweet classic, it looks nothing like 2010 era OTT
>>
>>9350010
I love blogs. I keep thinking about trying to get a few people to start one with me, so the workload is less per person. If you had four people doing a blog it would be easy to make enough content to stay relevant, especially if the admins were spread out geographically
>>
>>9349984
Compared to the more wearable style that was popular before OTT, it was really clownish and costumey. I still sort of like it, but it contributed hugely to this idea of normal coords being boring, casual not being lolita (Or even being ita), and the fashion still hasn't fully recovered from that.
>>
File: tumblr_mcnopx0Xjm1rw9jcfo5_500.jpg (119KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcnopx0Xjm1rw9jcfo5_500.jpg
119KB, 498x750px
I miss the prevalence of casual looks. It used to be all you needed for a coord were your bases covered (petticoat, blouse, headwear ect) and maybe an accessory or 2. Casual looks are still around but now it seems you need half a dozen things going on to not be considered boring or a beginner
>>
>>9350270
Excuse OT but far right is a top tier DD for me and I've only found like 2 worn pics of it. Thanks for posting the pic, do you know where it's from?
>>
>>9350327
>not even knowing it's called an apostrophe
>>
>>9350783
Why is it that lolitas never got into the photography thing? Cosplayers obsess over documenting their costumes through photography. Lolitas spend a shitload of money on their outfits, and every photo is either a smartphone selfie or a snapshit with no effort to try to find a nice clean aesthetic background.
>>
>>9349198
Goth has been resurging in my local common. Good to see :)

I miss the very experimental looks in Fruits circa 2005 desu. I also had a few fashion magazines from that time that would feature girls in cutsews, OTKs and skirts with accessories littering their hair, wrists and pochettes. I miss the weird sweet/punk combos. I also miss quality, unique looking parasols. More recent ones are ugly as sin or just so... Generic. There's a video circulating FB right now of vintage parasol designs. I would bloody CTP in a fistfight to get my hands on something similar to go with my lolita.

There are new trends I do like, though. Really outrageous oversized hats. For example.
>>
>>9350817
You mean like hiring a photographer for photoshoots? Some people do that, it's just not as common as it is in the cosplay community. Some comms (including my own) know photographers on a personal level and they sometimes volunteer to take pictures of us during meetups or other settings, which is nice as long as all individuals consent to it. I guess it depends on the attitude you have for the fashion; some people don't really care to have fancy photos because they're dressing for themselves and for having fun with their friends, and having an "outsider" photog at a meetup can interrupt that, you know what I mean?
>>
>>9350727
It's not "sweet classic", it's just sweet. Like the post says, a different type but still sweet. So newww
>>
>>9350817
>>9350847
I'm definitely trying to take better pictures myself, but I'm not going to set up a photoshoot or hire a photographer to document the clothes I wear on a daily basis. I know some girls in my comm who have done glamour photo shoots in lolita, but to be honest these girls just see lolita as another form of cosplay and only wear it for 'special occasions' (=cons). The most you're going to get from a non-conlita is fashion blogger photo quality unless they just happen to have a good friend who's into photography.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
I would really do anything to bring a physical moitie store back, it makes me so sad that I never got to experience one before they all closed. The decor, the exterior and ofc the clothes are all perfect, its basically my living dream come true. I really hope one re-opens one day. (Even more so that one opens in the UK but that will never happen)
>>
>>9350817
Guess it depends on the community. I regularly attend meets of two communities that share members. One of them has mostly smartphone selfies and a group picture, the other one has a photographer attending and half of the meet is solely covered by doing photo shoots.
>>
>>9350969
Oh and somebody from my comm is currently doing a project where they'll take pictures of different Lolita styles. Not a professional photographer, but pretty much into it, so yeah.
>>
>>9350817
the poor quality of our photos helps us hide our insecurities
>>
>>9350817
Isn't cosplay wearing a costume you worked on for months and then never wear again? It makes sense you'd want to document it. I don't need nice pictures of my coords because I'll likely wear the same mainpiece again in two weeks or so. That being said, most big lolita events do hire 1-2 photographers, and plenty of lolita's make nice pictures for instagram and their yearly wardrobe post.
>>
>>9350857
>>9351003
This. There's not much point in asking "Cosplayers do this, so why don't you do this?" because we're not cosplayers. Cosplay and lolita may seem similar from the outside but in practice the two hobbies are very different. In lolita the goal is not to achieve a certain character’s look, it’s to put together an aesthetically pleasing outfit to wear for the day. Every coord is a work in progress that’s prone to change. Why invest in a photoshoot for something I’ll probably wear an improved version of a few weeks later?
>>
I miss mismatched socks and the overall kitschy feel to early Lolita streetsnaps. Feels like there are so many rules now.
>>
The only thing I miss, Anon, is you.
>>
>>9350969
>half of the meet is solely covered by doing photo shoots
It'a nice to have good pictures of your coords but this sounds boring as fuck.
>>
>>9350796
It's from the premiere or some other event relating to Kamikaze Girls, the girl in the black and white headdress is the main actress, Kyoko Fukada.
>>
>>9350817
Lolitas are too cheap to spend money on a camera that they could spend on brand, and they don't like hanging around potentially creepy male photographers at meets to take advantage of their kit.

Most meets have a girl or two with a DSLR taking coord shots, but a lot of the time that girl isn't actually skilled. All the efamous girls take nice-quality photos, many of them outside, but it's really only viable if you have someone else to help you. Speaking for myself here, I've considered dropping the dollar on a good camera a few times and never bothered because I'm mostly lone and none of my normie friends would help me take aesthetic coord shots. I sometimes feel like it's a bit of a shame, since I could probably become efamous if I had a partner or friend who had the patience for coord shots - I live in a city with a lot of nice buildings and locations, but it's too busy/crime-ridden to use a tripod and self-timer and nobody I know will photograph me.
>>
I miss lolitas trying to put all sorts of fake food on their heads and everywhere possible. This trend died out quietly.
>>
>>9350851
Being a lumper or a splitter when it comes to how you define substyles has nothing to do with being new, and getting so butthurt over it makes it sound like you're only just out of the newbie phase yourself.
>>
>>9351166
That headdress is ridiculous, I love it.
>>
>>9350817
prob cause its just clothes mate. lolitas arent that conceited
>>
>>9351165
I feel you
>>
I miss being able to wear bodyline without being called cheap.
>>
>>9351168
Yes it does, when you think that anything muted or floral is automatically classic then you clearly are very inexperienced. Lol at your grasping for straws. Just do some research.
>>
>>9351659
Are you being purposefully obtuse? All three of the anons who've replied to you are pointing out how different current sweet is compared to past sweet. And it really is very different now.
>>
>>9351166
I want to eat that
>>
>>9351687
No they haven't at all, can you read? Lol, it was already stated that it's changed a lot. But that doesn't make it any more classic. Pro-tip: Just because you're mad about being stupid doesn't mean that someone is samefagging.
>>
>>9351597
Bodyline has never not been considered cheap. Maybe you were given more leeway as a newbie and now that you've been in the fashion longer, people expect you to improve?
>>
>>9352209
This. Bodyline is less taboo than ever.
>>
>>9352221
I miss when people were aware of bodyline being a sex costume shop
>>
>>9350010
Yumemiru

>>9350732
I think you are overestimating the workload. You could literally just write 400 words about a recent meet, add some pictures, and I would love it. Or translate a few sentences from kera or the bible.
>>
>>9352330
I really want to start a lolita blog but I don't know what to blog about.
>>
>>9352331
You could start a blog thread but here's just what I like to read about
- Going somewhere wearing lolita (meet-up, event, concert)
- Places that lolita's would like to visit (old building, exhibition, shop)
- Hybrid styles (like it you also wear mori, make a mori themed lolita coordv and take a picture in the forest)
- New trends
- Detail pictures and reviews of new brand releases
>>
>>9352337
i agree with the first point, just talking about my day to day life on tumblr gets up to 40 notes when it has anything to do with lolita. i think the newbies like to read about "reactions from the public" they find it very exciting
>>
>>9350796
There's a full-page photoshoot of it in GLB 08, saging because you've probably seen it.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.