[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of con raves and concerts. Do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_0191.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0191.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
What do you guys think of con raves and concerts. Do you go in costume?
>>
Only good when drunk.
>>
File: kita_party.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kita_party.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Do you go in costume?
Yup, it makes it more fun
>>
>>9347713
like every other party and social event???
>>
Nah I'm a turbonerd weenie. I'm not into that kinda stuff.
>>
I always try to go to them for at least a half an hour. As >>9347713 said, they seem to usually be better when drunk/high or if you're in the mood for a light show.
>>
I like being at the raves but can't be bothered to jump around for hours on end in the middle of the night after a day of walking, so i usually just lean on a wall and listen. Music so loud you can feel it is nice.
>>
Lots of smelly, thirsty guys and girls in a crowded room. I might be smelly and thirsty, but I wouldn't be caught dead in that room.
>>
I do a shit ton of coke and dance my ass off in the pit in lolita.
>>
>>9349604
All of this minus the Lolita, but anon that sounds amazing and I commend you

Basically you either have to be drunk or on drugs to have fun but that's true with most raves in general.
I prefer drugs because you don't smell like booze and it doesn't require you to have anything like a water bottle full of jack on you to maintain. Couple hits if E and your set for many hours.

I don't go in costume bc I work too hard on them to risk it getting fucked up dancing (I go pretty hard senpai), usually I'll wear something comfortable and cute and glowing in some way.
>>
Con raves are extremely hit or miss.

I started going to con raves so I could do a mix of shuffling and jumpstyle, but the problem is you never know if you will get some good bangin' Jcore or some shitty fucking trap music.
>>
I think they can be fun if you just wanna wind down and be stupid for a night but I agree with >>9349626 the last few raves always just play trap music
>>
>>9347689
I always go in a full fursuit
>>
They bring in too many normies, hate them
>>
raves attract absolute degenerates and anime cons need to stop pandering to them. In the midwest you can see a change in the people who turn up as soon as it starts to get dark. I get it the con makes a bunch of money off these mooks but like they seriously need to just fuck off.
>>
>>9352574

People who go to raves don't typically go to con raves as they're completely different.

More likely, con raves attract the sort of people who are bored with conventions but still want to try their luck at pulling con girls.
>>
File: Local Knight Ruins Goth Club.png (144KB, 457x501px) Image search: [Google]
Local Knight Ruins Goth Club.png
144KB, 457x501px
I got really drunk at a goth club and dabbed in a suit of armor, does that count?
>>
I usually go to see people dance/hang at the bar, last con we danced in a circle wearing simple cosplays, this year I'm going all out themed kandi kid mode. Don't do drugs at cons kids.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 594x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 594x369px
>>9352897
>don't do drugs at cons
>>
Going to try my first con rave at anime north. I want to go in costume but not one I made just in case it gets dirty. I'll probably do shimakaze since it's cute, recognizable and just the right hint of slutty.

I'm actually interested in hearing about experiences. For some reason I imagine them to be like school dances except with different music and more furries.
>>
What are your thoughts on con raves in Europe? Mainly asking about central, but opinions from other corners appreciated too. Are they any good? What kind of music are they playing?
>>
>>9352943
https://www.deshimasounds.com/
>>
I never go because they suck.
>>
>>9352943

I've been to con raves both sides of the Atlantic (And pacific I suppose) and they're all pretty similar. Shit DJs playing Homestuck dubstep remix or Brony trap or whatever. The people who go are con-goers juiced up and acting pretty cringey.

It's weird because I've got no problem at all with cringey weebs in a con, but when it's party time it's like the place just becomes a really big awful school disco, maybe it's the faux confidence.
>>
>>9352923
Depends on the con desu. Thrones I've been to have been pretty packed with nerds and furries and giant fans because it gets hot as fuck.

I think you are making s good choice with your outfit. I either do a casual cute cosplay that's easy or a fun rave outfit. As long as your comfortable (and have comfortable shoes!) you will probably enjoy yourself.
>>
File: zz.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zz.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>9347689
>>
I went to one where I knew the DJs and went up on stage. That was fun, because I ended up doing the video feed for a DJ while he worked.
>>
>>9352923
>just the right hint of slutty.

no anon its full on slutty sorry
>>
File: 1486753351740.jpg (6KB, 131x107px) Image search: [Google]
1486753351740.jpg
6KB, 131x107px
>>9352923
>I'll probably do shimakaze since it's cute, recognizable and just the right hint of slutty.
I'd hate to see what you think actually is slutty.
>>
>>9353337
Well, ok, it's a cosplay but it shows that I'm down for some dicks, and in the end that's all that matters.
>>
I just wish it was easier to pawn off drugs from people, damnit. Give me some fucking E and I'll give you a handjob in the bathroom or something.
>>
File: 1477483232795.jpg (107KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1477483232795.jpg
107KB, 1334x750px
>>9347765
>Listening to All Star by Smash Mouth
>Open this
>The chorus comes up at the same time
>The timing is too perfect
>My sides have already left orbit
>>
>>9352903
Picture of yourself there token fat asian chick who flames all the other losers on the board?
>>
>>9353538
>Give me some fucking E and I'll give you a handjob in the bathroom or something.
You could tell them that
>>
File: 1486491807849.jpg (101KB, 700x632px) Image search: [Google]
1486491807849.jpg
101KB, 700x632px
>>9353624
>Listening to All Star by Smash Mouth
>>
>>9353538

People who go to con raves don't have good drugs. Firstly because you wouldn't waste them on a con rave, and secondly because autistic weebs who go to con raves don't have good connections; if you did, you'd have them from places that are better to take drugs than con raves.
>>
>>9353334

>full of fat people

what's the fuckin point?
>>
>>9349604
I wish i could meet people like you

>>9353538
I feel you

>>9353907
>implying you need anything else than an internet connection
>>
>>9353658
I'm not going to walk up to random people and tell them I'll give them a handie if they give me droogs.
But if they offered, I would.
>>
>>9353352

It covers everything except some butt cheeks. To me, slutty is like jnigs aka bikini or both butt and breasts exposed.
I have this kind of rule where it's only slightly slutty to show off one asset mildly and hide the others.
I don't see how you think shimakaze is slutty esp when she looks like a board. Maybe I'm just used to being bombarded by girls doing shitty Pokémon bikini gajinka cosplays
>>
>>9352923
I've been to two con raves thus far. I was drunk both times (like I said earlier, no way to enjoy them otherwise) but I had a decent time. Music was actually pretty good. Just be prepared to sweat to death and have dudes trying to hit on you.
>>
>>9353538

If you're going to katsucon this can be arranged
>>
>>9353935
>implying you need anything else than an internet connection

Darkweb drugs have been poor for some time now, there was a small golden age a couple of years ago but that's passed. Not to mention it's easier and cheaper for law enforcement to police the net and set up honeypots etc. than it is to pay officers for overtime to do stakeout work, gather the evidence and hit a street dealer so you're putting yourself at a much greater risk for a low chance of getting anything worthwhile.
>>
>>9353949
>I don't see how you think shimakaze is slutty esp when she looks like a board
Did you mean she doesn't show cleavage? Or are you implying being busty makes you a slut? Because that's racist. Please check your privilege, two-backs.
>>
File: Pepe_felt.jpg (139KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_felt.jpg
139KB, 1000x1000px
>>9352574
>raves attract absolute degenerates and anime cons need to stop pandering to them.

I feel like this is bait.

Anime is 100% degenerate. You can't escape it. Even Miyazaki movies like Kiki's Delivery service will have a panty shot or two. Sounds like you're the con goer that doesn't know how to have fun.
>>
File: 1442362522033.png (15KB, 266x220px) Image search: [Google]
1442362522033.png
15KB, 266x220px
>>9353974
Naw. I'm stuck in Ohio with limited transportation.
>>
yeah I dress like a slutty version of my cosplay
>>
>>9353538
I know someone who would anon, come to Fanime con
>>
>>9353660
What's wrong sensei, you need some gas to get yourself away from this place?
>>
>>9353980
wtf are you talking about. most darknet drugs are fine. lol unless you're some weirdo drug elitist.
>>
>>9347689
I like con raves but I hate those break dance circles. Move your stupid giant circle to the back. And break dancing to happy hardcore music just does not work.

I go in costume when I dont care if it gets dirty or banged up.
>>
Love the cheese nights, hate the rock/metal nights. I'll usually only go and do the rave properly on the cheese night, the rest of the time I'd rather smoke weed outside with friends and just pop in for the occasional song I like. I might go in for the jpop night next time, if I can request Night of Fire and para with my friends. It would be pretty awesome to see how many people know the dance.
>>
>>9352923

I went to animenexts rave and it was my first time at a rave. It was diffrent from regular club raves cause everyone was huddled in the middle of the dance floor.

Shit was fun as fuck and crazy. Had this one girl in just a celty head flash her tits and shit. Had a bunch of dance battles too. I want to learn basic break dancing just so i join in.
>>
>>9358856
Which year was this?

Also I always hated those huddled up circles, and it always happens. I don't think I've ever been to a con rave where that didn't. The dance floor is ridiclously spaceous but people always just stick together in one big group but once you step out it looks awkward.
>>
>>9358942
2016, my first year at animenext in atlantic city.
>>
Bump?
>>
Eurofag here.

Never heard of such shit. Does this even exist here?
>>
>cgl is literally just sluts and substance abusers

3dpg your representation of my anime is impure and frankly disgusting
>>
tfw not a slut or a substance abuser ;_;

my life is so boring ;_;
>>
>>9365365
Deshima sounds organizes them in the Netherlands at least
>>
I think they're fun! I dress in a super slutty cute outfit I couldn't usually wear anywhere and dance like crazy. I hate the people who just stand around looking around and not dancing
I don't abuse any substances or anything like that but I have thought about it. Nothing too hardcore though
>>
>>9365416
at least you have my respect anon cherish it and you will one day be happy
>>
I saw two power rangers dancing at an Afest "Rave" a year or two back. That was defiantly something. SO I would say they are hit or miss most of the time.
>>
>>9365365

Not in the same way as the US. Here in the UK we have official afterparties which are kind of the same thing but normally held in a different venue altogether and are pretty depressing affairs with cosplayers getting hammered on cheap booze and trying to hook up while a combination of cheesy pop hits, anime remixes and heavy metal is played.

Con raves in the US are similar but they try harder at imitating the US rave scene but with worse DJs, worse music and worse people. Like our afterparties the music is all secondary to the experience (Because the attendees are united by cosplay rather than taste in music) so they have that awkward school-disco vibe to them. US con DJs try to sort of establish themselves as professionals and do the con circuit but they're all pretty rubbish and play the same sort of thing we have over here.

Source: Been to US cons, US raves and US con raves.
>>
I abuse hella substances and am a huge slut in terms of how I dress and act. I never fuck or go past flirtation though because I also hate germs
>>
>>9365806
>they have that awkward school-disco vibe to them.

Asking about con raves in middle Europe earlier, this is exactly what they feel like to me (by what I can see from vids posted).

>tfw you believed they are actual decent raves
>>
>>9365832
Im the opposite, Im embarrassed to wear any racer clothing but I really just want to get spitroasted in a bathroom
>>
I used to go to the raves but then realized I just don't like them. Mostly I hit up the ball now, though those are even more hit-and-miss than the raves.
>>
>>9366108
>>tfw you believed they are actual decent raves

Yeah that's pretty much the biggest mistake. They're not really 'raves' by definition anyway, a lot of con-goers seem to use that as a catchall term for any party with a DJ because it sounds cool to say you went to a 'rave' rather than just a disco or a party and of course people can play pretend with a few glowsticks.

Actual raves are nothing like 'con-raves', everything is completely different - location, music, atmosphere, types of people who go. If you want proper raves you need to follow the soundsystems and promotions throwing them, get directions to the location, wait outside until you're allowed to go in and then stay locked down until it's over. People who go to cons wouldn't bother with that unless they were specifically into it outside of their cosplay hobby.
>>
>>9365365
Military senpai here

It's terrible.

I remember vacationing in Greece when I was 14 and their rave was fucking nuts.
EVERY rave I went to in EU was the best and over here it's just......it's terrible.
>>
>>9366881
>Military Senpai
Assigned to?
>>
>>9347689
Depends on a lot of factors. When the music is right, when my mood is right, when the people I'm with is right, when the amount of alcohol intoxication is right, then it's fun. Miss any of these factors, and the rave sucks. I like going in costume, but not in my nice day costume.
>>
>>9358172
Agreed, but I'd begrudgingly choose dance circles over those dumb conga lines.
>>
>>9352867
W2c?
>>
>>9367429
Ft stewart
>>
>>9367436
>>9347689
I agree raves are super hit or miss and it depends on several factors all lining up.

I usually stop by bc the rave is free anyway (at least at the cons I go to) and if it's lame I will just bail. I don't make it the main event of the night.
>>
>>9365806
>US con DJs try to sort of establish themselves as professionals and do the con circuit but they're all pretty rubbish and play the same sort of thing we have over here.

Can confirm this as somebody who DJs cons. Some people in this scene literally sperg at the chance to DJ cons and this they are at EDC when theres like only 50-100 people in the room. I know other DJs who spend a month planning an entire set for a con that gets maybe 500-1000 and end up playing to like 10 people.
>>
File: 1429992608624.png (140KB, 399x345px) Image search: [Google]
1429992608624.png
140KB, 399x345px
>>9352574
>Anime Central
>5pm Friday/Saturday
>Bondage wear and light up dreads
>normies come out in full force
>no badges
>ambulance sirens before midnight
>that one guy who always pulls the fire alarm
I'll dress up for the rave, but I've stopped really caring about them. I just want to wear neon straps and look colorful.
>>
>>9376531
>light up dreads
You sound like a fucking normie desu
>>
>>9376558
I never said that I wore them.
>>
>>9376572
Fair enough, light up dreads are fucking heinous
>>
>>9376531
Shit, anon. I totally forgot about Acen's raves.
>multiple ambulances throughout the night
> constant pulling of the fire alarm.
> That one guy in a fedora and leopard print jacket wondering where the hot chicks are at
>>
>>9376588
>fedora and leopard print jacket
Please tell me it's a FFXIV cosplay
>>
>>9376604
I wish I still had the snapchat of him, but he definitely wasn't cosplaying from that (unless it was a really bad closet cosplay.)
>>
File: 279.jpg (99KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
279.jpg
99KB, 676x673px
Pic related
>can't dance
>don't drink
>>
>>9377533
>dont drink
>cant dance

Well the first one solves the second.

Cons are the best place to get black out drunk. Its a community of people who are super nice. Hell last time i got black out drunk i woke up in some sterio typical fat neckbeards hotel room. He was pretty chill. Akward as fuck but when people see others in trouble they put that shit aside.
>>
>>9377716
This is very true at cons I've noticed. Almost anyone you encounter will help you out if you're in trouble
>>
I always go to the con raves/dances/whatever in some casual cosplay outfit. Something nice and light so when the drugs kick in i'm not sweating crazy amounts.

The con raves here in Canada are pretty enjoyable, I feel like the weeaboo scene and rave scene are a bit more intertwined than in the states from the sounds of it. Hell we had Atomic Lollipop going for a while which was basically just one big party-rave-weeb con
>>
I don't like clubs/raves/et al. and stuff (excluding metal concerts. Weird I know).

I prefer being MC and a Host than actually participating.

What I do is let it be known that I'm hosting a pre (for the average to beautiful people, or at lest the fittest and least autistic I met at the con), then we all head in and have fun at event (afterpartie, """raves""", etc.), then I let it be reminded I'm hosting a post (again, extra selective so only the best from the pre and during the rave).

This way I've had more pussy and dick of a higher quality than ever before. It's nice being seen as "The Elite" within a hobby, with girls fighting to suck you off to get in and thirsty dudes willing to do unspeakable things to be allowed access to the non-fat chickes. Outside of it I'm just an average wagecuckshmuck with poo coloured skin.

Going to do it for two more years then pass the torch.
>>
>>9377766
>Can't get laid
>go to con ask people for help
>go to floor 14
>gets into an orgy
Seems legit bro, people at con are truly nice and helpfull.
>>
File: souls.png (2MB, 1023x654px) Image search: [Google]
souls.png
2MB, 1023x654px
>>9378558
Nice story bro, thanks for sharing your fantasy story within this safe circle.

I also get laid all the time by the most elite white chicks because of they yellow fever I can satisfy they inter racial desire at any moment during the con. I will continue being Asian for 2 more years until I pass my torch to some other dude.

Until my Asian had ended.
>>
>>9378567
>Nice story bro, thanks for sharing your fantasy story within this safe circle.
Yeah, I tell myself that story everynight as my gf gets fucked by her bull next room over :^)
t.Brazilian.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.