[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Pinky Paradise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6848.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_6848.jpg
1B, 486x500px
They've officially stopped shipping to the US and Korea. Any chances of this happening to the other lens companies?
>>
Guess to Honeycolor I go
>>
>>9346195
You couldn't have put this in the lens thread?
>>
>>9346195
Why?
>>
>>9346254
Probably legal issues with lenses being considered a medical device
>>
>>9346254
Trump raising tariffs
>>
>>9346257
Probably the reason.

>>9346271
No. It includes Korea.

DESU, one could try a forwarding service to get them shipped.
>>
>>9346257
Doesn't help the idiots who don't properly clean them and go blind at a con getting news coverage
>>
>>9346252
This is pretty big news so I thought it deserved a new thread. Do you think new political events will effect buying from overseas? Like aliexpress, taobao, etc.
>>
>>9346290
At the risk of shitting up yet another thread with political bullshit, this is kind of what I have been worrying about as well. Specifically with the US relations and China.
>>
I personally get my lenses from a Polish+UK site, but I know a lot of people get theirs from PinkyParadise. There are other options, but this is still probably a pretty big hit for them.

>>9346257
I'm guessing it's this too.
>>
>>9346297
Do you have a site name? Honeycolor is still viable but they're Korean aren't they?
>>
>>9346195
They can ship to US and Korea because the lenses do not meet sanitary/health laws
>>
>>9346317
*CANNOT ship
damn
>>
>>9346315
Yea, it's called optykrozmus. Depending on the contact, I can order a different corrective prescription for each eye, which is great for me. Never used Honeycolor so I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>9346315
Also note that I'm pretty sure the site just sells contacts manufactured by other companies, so definitely google the production company to make sure their contacts are good quality.
>>
>>9346317
But that's always been a thing. That was known from the getgo
>>
Circle lenses are technically medical devices; the US requires a full regulation and inspection of all medical devices, so they are 'illegal' according to our FDA laws. Packages were being seized mid-shipment by customs, the only way for them to bypass a hand inspection was through DHL, but the bigger your package from certain addresses, the more likely to be inspected (and seized!). PinkyParadise packages were being targeted to begin with/they lost money fighting people who asked for money back, which is why they dropped PayPal (and if you notice, so did other circle lens stores). To try to regulate their shipments to the US better, PP required your prescription, much like other U.S. contact lens sellers, but I'm assuming that the FDA still looked down on it, so instead of all this crazy hassle, PP gave up.

The reason I am hearing.
>>
>>9346347
This makes sense. Oddly, the last package I ordered from c went to Germany and then to the US, probably to bypass customs agents looking specifically for packages from Asia. The customs slip even said "contacts" on it?
Anyway, I'm a little sad because Pinky was so reputable, but I haven't ordered from there in a while due to their prices and shipping being not so competitive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9346360
From Uniqso, sorry
>>
>>9346347
They need to chill the fuck out about lenses, it gets harder every year to get them. It's a use at your own risk thing like anything else, I'm sick of morons blinding themselves ruining it for the rest of us.
>>
>>9346295
Guess it's time to start making large orders before the current administration ruins that as well.
>>
>>9346367
That and Kinder Egg Surprises. This is why we can't have nice things in America.

>>9346295
>>9346370
Hold your outrage and calm down. This has nothing to do with tariffs.
>>
>>9346375
I didn't say anything about tariffs. But if god forbid we end up at war with China, I doubt we'll be able to freely order from Aliexpress/Taobao like we used too.
>>
>>9346367
Exactly, I think I saw it here. But that dumb shit who felt the contact pain all day and never removed it. Then took it out at the end of the con day and was shocked it ripped something on her eye. She blamed the contacts rather than her dumb ass who never payed attention to the pain.
>>
>>9346195
Oh man, thank god i'm in europe. I'm worried for my murican friends though, hope they won't have problems with aliexpress,taobao,...in the future
>>
>first you needed an appointment to get lenses
>now you cant get lenses

I have a cosplay coming up and I want to use Eclipse lenses
where the fuck do I get them?
>>
>>9346446
The ifairy moonlite series is the exact same
>>
>>9346367
If only there was a political party that exists primarily on the notion that there should be less government regulations all around. But nah who would want that.
>>
I've always stuck to lensvillage
>>
>>9346383
"I bought cheap contacts from china and left them in my eyes for too long, ignoring the pain for hours and they damaged my eyes!!"

Why the hell did someone so unbelievably stupid get any kind of attention
>>
>>9346469
Of the general public wasn't borderline retarded I'd be all for less regulations,
>>
>>9346446
don't use those lenses, they look terrible and dead irl
>>
>>9346477
>not letting natural selection weed out the undesirables
We'd be doing humanity a favor in the grand scheme of things. The only reason some of these people are around today is because we as a society have decided to keep them from wandering into high voltage fences.
>>
>>9346330
this anon is right.
found this normie article from 2010: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/fashion/04lenses.html

>It is illegal in the United States to sell any contact lenses — corrective or cosmetic — without a prescription
>Jason Aw, an owner of PinkyParadise.com, a site based in Malaysia, is well aware that his shipments to the United States are illegal.
>>
>>9346315
pinkicon but its expensive because you have ti buy in bulk
>>
>>9346487
Agreed, but I don't want morons wandering around causing problems that I have to deal with. If some dipshit decides to ride his bike on the highway and I hit him now I have to deal with the damages, or if some idiot misuses tannerite they might hurt innocent, intelligent people.
Idiocy is a disease.
>>
>>9346487
No anon if you deregulate you let big business win! You have to continue oppressing the one percent! Stick it to the man!
>>
>>9346473
Drama sells

I mean I remember there was a news segment on some dipshit who may of been sleeping in his
>>
Aww yeeeesss
This means they'll have more lenses in stock for the rest of the world.
Golden.
>>
>>9346462
>ifairy moonlite series
the only difference I've noticed when looking up reviews and video reviews is the ifairy series is more vibrant. which is not what I want
>>
>>9346532
You shouldn't be sleeping in contacts regardless, costume or not. Good way to have that shit adhere to your eyeballs.
I used to be able to buy nice, casual lenses at a hair place in my local area but some nosy holier than thou bitch reported them.
Just because some brain dead morons misuse certain merchandise doesn't mean the merchandise itself should be banned.
>pls no gun debate
>>
>>9346537
Truth, I've worn my contacts for hours with no issue. But I also take them out at the first feeling of uncomfortable. How is that such a hard notion??
>>
>>9346537
You can't kill someone with a circle lens

Guns should be accessible but if you have a criminal record or poor mental health history or haven't passed high school, you shouldn't get one. I think it's reasonable not to want to sell weapons to crazy people.
>>
>>9346545
In the long run it would be healthier for the America economy to sever ties with Chinese production and become self sufficient, and yes prices will skyrocket and stay expensive for 5-10 years.
so buy expensive shit now
Anyone surprised by these turns of events are more than likely under the age of 30 and didn't actually look into what either candidate wanted to do. People voted for trump for 'the lols' and are now realizing that this isn't very 'lols' worthy (not discrediting that a lot of people genuinely supported and voted Trump, but the 4chan populace definitely didn't)
>Brexit, anyone?
>>
>>9346551
This is spoken like someone who hasn't lived in protectionist shit holes.

Protectionism never works, it only leads to economic turmoil and the upper class getting rich while everyone else suffers: see Russia.

America will not "become self sufficient" that is an embarrassing pipe dream. Manufacturing might come back and employ 10% of the population, but those people will stay broke.

It's exactly like the minimum wage debate. If you force companies to do something they will offset the costs on consumers or employees, they aren't going to take damage themselves.

Unskilled labour is never coming back. Americans are so stupid. No one is going to pay a burger flipper $15 an hour for something that a machine does for pennies. No one is going to pay ten factory worker $30/hr each when a machine only needs one man to operate.

The best thing for consumers was cheap goods to increase their quality of life despite low wages. But Americans are greedy short sighted fuckers so it's not a surprise.
>>
FDA refuses to approve lenses from China because they know they'll put American companies out of business. Cuter lenses for cheaper that are more comfortable? That's a death sentence for American retailers that can't figure out what people even want in contacts.

American prescription contacts are significantly less comfortable than any circle lenses I've worn. This goes for Korean and Japanese contacts as well.
>>
>>9346563
I absolutely agree with you about protectionism, it's poison.
If America were to cut from China it would force the country to employ more than 10%, and maybe with that rude awakening the cost of living will be adjusted to support all the new workers in factories. That's what I'm hoping, but like you said, it's a pipe dream.
You bring up a rather foreboding point with the use of robotic machinery, if production it forced back into the states there's no guarantee they'll actually hire human beings. It'll be kind of scary to watch what happens in the next 4 years, where are you from?
>>
>>9346567
They are also fucking expensive as shit. Why would I spend over a hundred on a pair of shitty contacts that poke my eyes when I can buy them from China for $33?

The American ones always break and shit too. It's such a waste of money. I only do it because they get my prescription just right. After I get lasik fuck that Jew shit
>>
>>9346567
Maybe I was being bs'd, but when I called my local optometrist about costume contacts he said the starting price for one pair was $300 and they only lasted for 1 year.
>>
>>9346462
Pinky Eclipse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbzrl9TCUXU

Ifairy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO6YO_cPIaQ

clearly different.
>>
>>9346563
Which is why we should have a universal basic income otherwise shit is going to get worst.

I agree about the burgers bit, those jobs are supposed to be for teens not struggling poor adults, but how else are you going to improve the working poor? Unless you make college free for growing job areas I can't see them ever improving their lives.

IDK, I really wish America would try and fix this instead of ignoring.
>>
>>9346593
And who's going to pay for those colleges? Tbh we need more trade schools. Not everyone needs a university degree. We can also work on improving the financial literacy of Americans as a whole because the savings rate is around 4% for the entire country and seeing a couple in their mid 40's with no savings is just sad. Even a Starbucks worker can become financially stable. It just requires a lot of planning and self control, which Americans are horribly poor at.

And universal basic income should not be inplemented until automation actually improves to the point where almost all manual labor has been automized. Fact is, once you've implemented it, it'll be easy for people to demand for more.
>>
>>9346577
My optometrist quoted me $60-70 for 1 year costume contacts but they're those really costumey ones that you'd see at raves or whatever.
>>
>people seriously thinking this has anything to do with Trump

It has been an FDA regulation that to purchase prescription lenses forever. They were just finally getting caught enough to make it non-viable to continue selling to the US.
>>
The true enemy here is most likely US pharmaceutical companies that like to charge ridiculous amounts of money for a piece of silicone hydrogel and lobby the USFDA to prevent any competitors from stealing a tiny segment of their monopoly over contact lenses. What's going to happen is that people will now use HoneyColor and then they will get shut down. Then to Uniqso etc etc. The thing those dicklickers can't do is stop other ones from popping up to replace those. They're actually making it more dangerous because long established circle lens stores can't sell to the US and newer pop up stores don't have enough customers to hold them accountable if they do sell bad lenses.
>>
>>9346731
Agreed, it's honestly just safer to approve a select few sellers. Cause people aren't going to buy the american ones preferring a risk to uncomfortable overpriced crap. I remember my contacts from my doc. They sucked I hated them and came to find out even though they made a giant fuss over my astigmatism. It is so slight they weren't even treating it.
>>
I came here to read about contacts and a replacement for Pinky not Meet the Press
>>
>>9346840
Pay attention then? Several replacement sites have been stated
>>
>>9346680
You didn't read the thread clearly. No one said this had anything to do with Trump. They were speculating if his policies might force the prices up on other Chinese/Korean/Japanese crap because it's imported and hurts the Amurican economy. (Which is stupid considering a lot of these things belong to the niche product category and there aren't suitable Amurican made substitutes)
>>
>>9346367
I fucking feel you.
Why focus on something like this which is completely user error and not things that are actually affecting our lives as a whole?
>>
>>9347150
Because they need to find something to do. They don't actually want to help anyone because actually helping would require effort. Clamping down on arbitrary shit like contact lenses just puts money in peoples' pockets.
>>
>>9346593
>we should have a universal basic income

Stupid commie
>>
>>9346537
There area a few approved brands for sleeping in. I know my disposables are approved to up 30 days of continuous wear. But I mean its still common sense. Gotta change em out once a month, and I take them out every now and again before bed to give my eyes a rest. And take them out at the FIRST sign of discomfort or pain.

Honestly the only hassle sleeping in them is that occasionally one will go a bit floaty when I first wake up and I gotta blink it back into place.

But those are only for Extended Wear contacts. Def not recommended for others, and ESPECIALLY not for circles. Sleeping in circle lenses is just the worst idea.

I find most of these contacts horror stories are fake though (or just sheer stupidity on the wearers side). I've had like five relatives warn me to not go near a fire or heat with my contacts in because "It'll melt into your eyeballs! I saw it on facebook!!!"
>>
as someone who deals with a lot of international packages you won't have to worry about stuff from resellers on taobao and whatnot. there's just way too many packages out there to inspect so they slip through.
>>
>>9347173
United States of Profit
>>
>>9346731
Aren't Geo Medical lenses FDA approved? They used to claim to be.
>>
>>9346330
>>9346491
It's been illegal for ages but from 2017 there are lawsuits involved too which they probably only found out recently.
>>
>>9346284
I read somewhere that Korea changed their rules in Dec 2016 and now lenses can only be sold to people with prescriptions (same as US). I couldn't find proof of this but if it is true, perhaps it is a legal thing?

I hope Honeycolor doesn't take suit. I don't have vision insurance currently and had to use Honeycolor to get regular contacts.
>>
>>9348415
Only two of them (Eyelyn choco and brown) are approved. Apparently you need an approval for every model of lens.
>>
File: 1400384654348.png (102KB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1400384654348.png
102KB, 420x314px
>>9346195
MFW It had to be after I decided what lenses to buy
>>
>>9346731
Couldn't have said it better. The pharmaceutical companies often have the media screaming over scary circle lenses every time someone is a dumbass with them. Do they not think their own lenses can have issues?

I hope companies like PinkyParadise will open offshoots detached from their main brand name and try sending to places like the US and Korea.
>>
I was gonna ship to canada but I cant find a checkout button? Did they remove it if you have a US IP?
>>
>>9348666
I just want to point out your digits, Satan.
>>
Shoutout to this thread for keeping a level headed, practical discussion of politics that didn't devolve into screaming about ideology.
>>
>>9348418
wasn't Korea the biggest producer of circle lenses and even started the trend or am I mistaken?
>>
>>9346840
Speak for yourself , not even an American but I'm enjoying both sides of the discussion in this thread so far.
It's interesting to see gulls beliefs extending past just jfash and cosplay once in a while and in a way humanizes us.
You know, in the way that we arent just self obsessed with the latest print dress or con and have wider thoughts after all.
>>
Interesting thread. Glad to be in Canada.
I've always used honey colour though, they seem to have the exact lenses and always have a lot of sales. Idk, I prefer them and their website seems a lot easier to navigate for me. I would definitely recommend switching over and giving them your business, or at least a try. My favourite is the 50% off sale or the buy one get one free sale. They usually offer a free sample pair which is neat if you'd like a weird colour you wouldn't usually try.
(I don't want to seem like an infomercial but I like honeycolour and their customer service has always been quick for me so if you need lenses soon I think they are a reputable store).
>>
>>9346446

Same question, i have a pair of pink eclipse and i love them dearly but they are getting quite old and now I have no way to replace them. i.fairy are way too opaque, the appeal of eclipse is that they're more translucent and have a great halo effect.
>>
Pinky Paradise Is ok with dropshipping and secondhand sales (I remember doing this myself)

so, for you people outside of the US, buy lenses and sell them to americans. be a lens shopping service. have them shipped to you, repackage them, and ship them out.

I. Will. pay. you.
>>
>>9348737
I don't know about the trend part because I know Japanese street fashion incorporated circle lenses (but did not call them as such) but it is possible Korea started the trend and I wasn't awre of it. But regardless of that, if it is true about Korea changing laws, I don't think that has anything to do with manufacturing. They can still sell circle lenses but anyone who wants to buy them has to have a prescription.
>>
>>9349312
but they would end being at least double priced
>>
>>9349392
are you implying no one would buy them?
>>
>>9349448
yup. What would someone buy Pinky Paradise resselled lenses at double price when you can just buy from honey color or uniqso?
>>
File: IMG_8770.jpg (126KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8770.jpg
126KB, 700x500px
Is there anywhere that has a white mesh with a ring around them like this?
Pinky was the only site I found where they're sold so far...
>>
>>9351328
They're pinkys own brand I think?
Ask a friend in another country to order them for you ect?
>>
File: white mesh.png (284KB, 486x558px) Image search: [Google]
white mesh.png
284KB, 486x558px
>>9351328

Found these on HoneyColor, Uniqso had similar ones, but they're all sold out. Nothing with the black rim though.
>>
>>9349929
those looking for contacts BY pinky paradise
"princess pinky" brand
>>
>>9349312
Why can't you just buy them from another circle lens seller? It would be so much easier.
>>
>am mod
>get rid of all of the dramu threads
>keep the politics threads

cgl went to metaplastic cancer pretty damn fast
>>
>>9352738
People aren't screaming at each other in this thread. Mods seem to respect civil conversation.
>>
>>9352748

some of the drama threads got out of control, but we also had plenty of reasonable conversations about PT, Yaya, etc. There's a image that made fun of how shitty we got with each other over replicas but how civil we could be with dramu cows.
>>
>>9349312
Wouldn't be worth it for me to be my own reseller. Eating a loss for breakfast isn't appealing.
>>
>>9352004
Pinkyparadise has their own speciaal brand of contacts which i am attached to
>>
>>9362295
What is their own special brand?
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.