[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seishun con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: slidemain.jpg (196KB, 975x360px) Image search: [Google]
slidemain.jpg
196KB, 975x360px
So I took a leap of faith getting a table at this con, what is it like? Its next weekend and I haven't heard anything about it. Their website is very dull. I guess they have no guests? Nothing listed in events besides eating contest and rave.

Can anyone tell me about this con?
>>
It's a very small con. I paneled at it the past couple years (not this year, still gonna go on Saturday.) In my experience it's well-run, though it's really more of an excuse for the local con community to socialize and party in the off season than your typical con experience, since ATL already has AWA, Momo, and Dragon. I don't know very much about selling, but I wouldn't expect a ton. It might be a really good place to pick up comissions though- friend and I bought a few last year.
>>
>>9343771
how small is small? less than 1k, around 1k or 2k?
>>
>>9343779
I believe the facebook page has around 1,500 followers if that says anything. I'm surprised anyone else has heard about this. I'm only stumbled upon it by chance because they had a booth at AWA. I'm thinking of going saturday. The only thing that perturbs me about this con is that I've emailed them twice for information on the panel schedule and they haven't gotten back to me at all.

Still for 20 bucks and being 30 mins from my house it's hard to beat it. Plus it give me a chance to show of my todd ingram cosplay.
>>
>>9343779
A tad over 1k. Its hella dead on sunday but friday afternoon and all saturday last year were pleasantly busy.
>>
>>9343932
>>9343852
Thanks!
>>
>>9343760
ughhh I'm so damn salty about not getting an artist table at Seishun con. I know about 15 artists, several of which are really good and get into anything, and only 1/15 got in. How did they even jury?? I think they must do a lotto.

They flat out lost mine and some other artists applications last year -.-
>>
>>9343996
Thats crazy. I'd think it being a smaller con it would be easy to get in. Of the dozen or so cons I've applied to, I've only not been accepted once, and I got accepted the next year.

They actually accepted me, and then 2 weeks later accidentally sent me an e-mail saying that I was rejected. I freaked out over that, especially since it took them an entire week to e-mail me back asking what happened.
They don't seem very organized.
>>
I honestly can't imagine paying 20 bucks for one day with a venue so small. Literally all the fun is outside the hallway where they're having the "convention"
>>
>>9344010
I've heard they are incredibly disorganized. They should switch to lotto or FCFS if they can't jury properly, it really isn't fair.
>>
The panels don't even start until 3pm on friday? AA opens at 11am. I have a bad feeling about this con. Also, they said
>Artists are in an open area and are allowed to stay open as late as they want.
Idk how I feel about our stuff not being locked behind a door after I leave...
>>
>>9343760
Anon what are you selling there?
>>
File: 2016 Yama con.jpg (2MB, 2913x2446px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Yama con.jpg
2MB, 2913x2446px
>>9348232
Mainly tails and ears.
Since this con might be small and boring, if anyone wants to come by and chat, please do so, I'll have snacks too.
>>
I wasn't planning on going but my friend asked me to go so whatever. I was thinking of wearing my Hotaru cosplay but I need to fix the skirt. The shoes I ordered were also too big and I have no time nor money to get new ones, so my trusty Adidas will have to do.

/cgl/ meetup? I really have no plans so if anyone wants to hang out for awhile that would be awesome. Definitely bringing some rum too.
>>
File: tears.gif (465KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tears.gif
465KB, 500x278px
>>9348237
c-can i go with anyone? i've lived around atlanta my whole life and always wanted to go to one of these, but never had anyone to go with. and if i do go... what do i do? i don't cosplay, so i guess i'll go to one of the panel rooms and listen? i'm sorry i'm autistic.
>>
>>9348237
sorry, i didn't mean to reply to you...
>>
>>9348303
A small con might be a good first con. A big con could be overwhelming, but this con could be boring. Do you play games? Card, board, or video games are usually a great thing to do at small cons. You should definitely go, if only for one day. If not awful going by yourself as long as you have something to do, like play card games or something.
>>
>>9348314
are there people that sit and play card games? don't they... play with their friends? i'm too shy to ask if i can play with them. and i only know how to play hearthstone... ; _ ;
>>
>>9348322
I don't know exactly how this con does it, but yes, people, sometimes a group of friends, look for people to play games with! The easiest to do if you don't play card games is to play a board game with someone. People who know how to play board games love teaching others how to play. You'd just go to the room and see if anyone is playing and ask to join, or ask who is in charge of the room if a game is starting at any certain time.

Best thing about cons is that you are surrounded by people just like you, so you'll be able to fit right in.
>>
>>9348334
that's really comforting to hear! thanks! i'll make sure to do that. here goes!
>>
>>9348303
I'm the person you replied to and I wouldn't mind hanging out some. It's a pretty small con so there's not too much to do as far as events and such so you're going to have to talk to somebody. Just look for my cosplay and ask me if I'm a seagull. Fool proof plan.
>>
File: 1470276085592.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470276085592.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
>>9348354
i'm scared someone is going to call security on me for asking cosplayers "are you a seagull?" over and over......... i can't do that ; _ ;
>>
>>9348358
That would actually be hilarious if you went up to cosplayers who know nothing about /cgl/ asking if they are a seagull.
Anyways, anon said who they'd be cosplaying. Otherwise, finding a seagull is easy, they are either in artist alley, wearing lolita, or a neckbeard cosplayer.
>>
>>9348237
>>9348303
I'm down for hanging out/meeting people. Planning to be there Saturday in a pretty okay casual Yuri Plisetsky cosplay.
>>
Seishun isn't worth going to anymore. 2013 was a good year for them and I had hope they'd get bigger but then everything went wrong and the convention is no-longer worth the money.
>>
>>9350065

>but then everything went wrong and the convention is no-longer worth the money.

lol what happened?
>>
File: dont worry. keep going..png (106KB, 324x268px) Image search: [Google]
dont worry. keep going..png
106KB, 324x268px
I signed up to volunteer for tomorrow! What can I expect?
>>
>>9350416
Let's start with the main two, homestucks ruining everything and not vetting your panelists against the sex offender registry.
>>
>>9348303
>i'm autistic

You'll fit right in, then.
>>
>>9343996
Found out it is juried. Only 6 artist here.
>>
>29 replies
Hell yeah I love being at seishun con
>>
Meetup at the Fate cab.
>>
Just got back from the first day.

It was pretty cool actually.

It was a nice reprieve from conventions like Momocon, AWA, and Dragoncon.

Probably not worth making a huge drive for alone, but it's a nice thing to have in an off season. Plenty of opportunity to have some nice conversation with people, relaxed arcade room, actually had a chance to rotate and play whatever game we felt like throughout the day without any issue.

Karaoke at night was the highlight.

I don't know if it's a con I could do alone though, I feel like the other cons if you're coming alone there is plenty to do and get into, this one can be a bit tough unless you're really social.

Also anyone know wtf XDR (18+) is? Kinda disappointed not another Karaoke tomorrow.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.