[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kawaii/Jfash Youtubers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 5

File: imagesyoutube.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
imagesyoutube.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Who are your favourite j fash youtubers? I'm looking for channels with stuff that's interesting/useful/cute but isn't just a cringey weeb showing me what she bought from Claire's. What's good?
>>
>>9343508
Lovely Lor
ScarfingScarves
Princess Peachie
Kawaii Pateen (is in Japanese)
Princess Fancypants
Dodo The Extinct
albinWonderland (not lolita, but she's got some really cute videos)
Me Likes Tea (hasn't uploaded in a while but has some good tutorials)
Princess Jessie-Kate
Deerstalker
Venus Angelic (less cringey than she used to be, but still a little cringey)

There's a few others that haven't uploaded in a year or 2.
>>
>>9343508
Didnt someone make a doc of youtubers?
>>
emii chan
>>
>>9343545
I've tried really hard and can't get into scarfing scarves, idk why

Kawaii pateen has the most useful/legit videos, even if you can't understand japanese

Princess Fancypants is my favourite but she doesn't make as many lolita videos any more. she's the most "normal" girl making videos about kawaii jfashion stuff. She's really funny and she buys a lot of cute things.

Alb doesn't really strike me as being super jfashion any more but her videos are so cute and I love her hair. I saw some craft stuff she did recently and it was really nice. She feels like the most legit youtuber with that kind of alternative cute style.
>>
>>9343545
I feel like this list always gets used but a lot of these channels are outdated or irrelevant now. Isn't deerstalker over?
>>
>>9343508
>Tallulah Bee (formally 'girlsonsunday')
She does a mix of videos now mostly focused on cosmetics, but she has a massive Lolita collection that spans back a decade or two. She does wardrobe / exploring the root fascination she has with the fashion videos.

>Evil Goth Bunny
Mostly documents here Lolita hauls and does some advice videos.

>Cathy Cat
A very busy person at this point, she reports on jfashion for Kawaii pateen, does several other Japanese shows and has her own channel. She likes Lolita and Fairy Kei the most but will try any jfashion.

>KawaiiLIFE
Does videos about being out in Lolita, some advice and does hauls for lots of jfashion like Galaxxxy

>Baby the Stars Shine Bright New York
Store makes their own update videos on their current stocks available and new items coming in.
>>
>>9344700
There aren't really that many new lolita youtubers popping up to replace them. And there are always newbies who haven't seen them yet.
>>
>>9344946
A common issue I see is a lot of "up and coming" channels that give bad advice because the person does very little research but their production values on a visual level are very professional. With those people I'm following them but not recommending them; because they just aren't well read enough, but are framing themselves as "experts" instead of new to a fashion or on a journey to learn more about it.
>>
Here's the lolita doc, not sure how updated it is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N5B8kc4qe4DnQNe9_S_oJR89Lziczf_1RMVNQcl943c/edit
>>
>>9344700
They aren't doing lolita videos anymore, yes. They've also come out and said that "lolita was a mistake" and seem to resent their jfashion fans, so I'm not sure if I want to support them anymore.
>>
I like Lovely Lor but I hate her recent content and the green hair. I dont care about her friend makeovers and stuff. I wish she would go back to making more lolita content like "extreme weather coords" and "what to say to an ita", but i think most lolita topics have been done to death now..
>>
>>9345100
>said that "lolita was a mistake"
isn't that just a meme?
>seem to resent their jfashion fans
What did they do say? Was it on their social media or a video?
>>
I have a question: Is there such thing as chinese lolitas on their "Youtube" mediums or japanese lolitas on nico nico douga channels? I subbed to a chinese lolita on Youtube recently and I just really love getting their perspective on things. I don't think I've ever seen a native japanese lolita channel either.
>>
>>9343508
For general cuteness I like Mary Bear- Kawaii Lifestyle. She usually posts stuff like plushies or decorating but is pretty relaxing and occasionally does outfit videos.

PeachMilky also does jfashion stuff but I find her a little tryhard at times. Her style is pretty cute though in my opinion.
>>
Do you think Youtube has quite a lot more pressure than other social mediums? You put yourself out there in a different way from instagram, tumblr, or CoF posts and people have to like your personality.

I noticed this trend of gulls really hating "attention seekers" on Youtube, but at the same time wanting more Youtube content. I think Milky Fawn was a really good example of a rise and fall of someone who didn't even have a Youtube channel herself, but was attacked for being attention seeking and got treated like a celeb when all she did was star in some Deerstalker vids. Jillian and Isaki were both kind of snowflakey, but I actually find myself missing their coord and haul vids now.

I just find it troubling like how >>9344946 says there's not that many to replace them. All the newer Youtube channels for lolita are just "official" like KawaiiLIFE. I think being super critical of each new girl is to blame. A lot of them are going to be kind of autistic and awkward until they find their "persona", will need to eventually invest in better cameras or editing software, and generally can't be seen as "attention seeking" just for wanting to make videos about lolita. I just think a lot of people nip early lolita Youtubers in the bud before they can even get anywhere.
>>
>>9345147
"We just have a lot of J-Fashion fans on our page who haven't unliked (Lolita was a mistake) so when they see stuff they're not interested in FB punishes us. CBF starting FB page again."

This was on Facebook, but I can't find the status again to screenshot it. DS complain about their fans pretty regularly though, so it shouldn't be hard to find more resentment.
>>
>>9345365
oh for sure, everything you do and say is critiqued. and you have to have a much thicker skin in order to be a youtuber because EVERYTHING will be critiqued, from your looks, to how much money you seem to have or not have, your knowledge, how try hard or how whatever else you may be. it's a tough world out there.
>>
File: dejavudea.jpg (167KB, 729x1097px) Image search: [Google]
dejavudea.jpg
167KB, 729x1097px
dejavudea. dunno cgl's opinion on her, don't really see her mentioned here at all. so i guess this thread is to make some opinons. she's a lolita and cosplays, part of a dance group called DansuToPantsu (she's the leader i think)

pic related, her
>>
>>9345165
Who is the Chinese lolita?
>>
>>9345365
People will watch you if your interesting and can edit well. Being funny, and having good content are bonuses, but good ones. A good(entry level) mic only costs like 60ish dollar, and Other shit like lighting etc. you can be creative with room lamps, just watch some tutorials first.

But the button line is if your not interesting, people wont watch you. Its not, however difficult to make videos that are good quality. Oh, and don't play weeby music over the whole thing, unless your channel is you doing weeb shit. Or your 14.
>>
>>9345100
Where did they say that?
>>
File: vivekatt.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vivekatt.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
I've never seen Vivekatt mentioned here, she does lolita and other jfashion makeup.

Does anyone else not like Kawaii Pateen anymore? I unsubscribed from them a few months ago because I got tired of the way they edit videos and of the vlog style videos. I liked them better 2 years ago
>>
File: 1427872436606.gif (816KB, 540x329px) Image search: [Google]
1427872436606.gif
816KB, 540x329px
>>9345128
same
I got tired of her and unsubscribed
>>
File: DS.png (81KB, 475x361px) Image search: [Google]
DS.png
81KB, 475x361px
>>9351990
FOR YOU
>>
The problem with these channels is I haven't found a single one who seems genuine. They all seem quite spoilt and vain. I guess it's a narcissistic thing to do, making videos about yourself in the first place. I don't know, they make me feel embarassed
>>
>>9345365
Jill and Isaki both suck for different reasons now, although I still subscribe to them.
Jill
>bad fashion sense
>pads videos to earn more money
>overall just too long winded
Isaki
>can't speak properly
> also too long winded
>never does lolita stuff and just talks about weeby mall goth shit or makes stupid videos with her friend
>>
>>9348463
Something about her has always irritated me. I've really tried to like her videos but I can't
>>
>>9348479
Not that anon, but I think they might be thinking of Victorianme? She has such a cute personality and her coords are pretty adorable as well.
>>
Does anyone have videos from girls from countries like Brazil, India, Peru, Mexico or from African Countries? I'd like to know more about Lolita in these areas but I'm not having much luck with that.
>>
>>9353795
There's Argentina's Violet Lunchell and Brazil's Unicorn Holic
>>
>>9353809
Thank you! I'll check both of them right now
>>
>>9345128
I used to really like her stuff, but I feel like her content took a nosedive after her bf broke up with her and she went through that '3edgy5u I dun need luv it's not realll phase'
>>
>>9348463
I don't mind her. She's one of the few people who makes convention vlogs who isn't super-cringe.
>>
>>9345128
I like her yt videos enough, but I don't understand how she's be wearing lolita for so long yet still has yet to make a decent coord
>>
>>9345165
I'd love to subscribe to some jp lolita channels, does anyone know what the most popular ones are over there?
>>
I honestly wish there were more decora and fairy kei vloggers. Or it would be kinda cool to see old OTY sweet/fk videos and vogs that seem to have disappeared.
>>
>>9354061
you might like some of Kumamiki's oldest videos, she has also has her 'evolution of Harajuku Fashion' series that's pretty interesting. Not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe you will enjoy it?
>>
>>9343508
Has anyone else watched shelby clouds videos for like 10 times? I really wish she would do videos again.
>>
>>9353828
do you think there is a large interest in lolita from spanish-speaking countries? is it the comms you want to see or the language you want to hear?
>>
>>9354127
yessss
>>
>>9343508
a lot of the new youtuber lolitas are super cringey and haven't done enough research before starting like tinker tales. A lot of them now are just cringey weebs
>>
>>9353809
Unicornholic is just a replica-chan, who cares much for that?
>>
>>9356712
honestly. theres not that much content that can be done for lolita fashion except event vlogs. everything else has been done and if done again, theyll be most likely compared to other youtubers
>>
What would you say is the best 'intro to lolita fashion video' that you would want to show a noob?

My fave is still fille de porcelaine's gothic lolita videos but not all on her channel is lolita. I also watch btssb New York and some things on kawaii pateen. I watch some episodes of Kawaii International on NHK but you have to tune in when it airs, it's not rebroadcast on YouTube as something on demand, I wish it was.

>>9357107
I think lookbook videos could be a thing too.
>>
What do you gulls like to see from lolita youtubers? There's been a mix between liking and hating haul videos but I'm not sure how I would start a channel, and hauls seem to be the easiest option.
>>
>>9357117
You can rewatch Kawaii International on NHK's homepage. I don't think they archive every episode, just the most recently aired one, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>9357117
I actually disagree. A lot of lolita content is a bit aged now.

>>9357849

I would absolutely love to see new content such as :

>hair tutorials that arent twin tails or buns
>hair styles for different accessories (Misako has one but I would love more similar content)
>keeping track or talking about new or rising trends
>advanced coording tips, not jsut baby's first coord tips
>content geared towards experienced lolitas, not newbies
>diy is always great, but we need more than just wristcuffs and bows. I'd fucking love to see a channel where someone makes everything from the Otome no Sewing books.

> year in lolita summaries, what was most popular that year or something.

The sky is the limit, but event vlogs are so fucking boring and I don't understand who cares about them. Haul/unboxing videos are just bragging, and we really don't need any more newbie lolita tips like ever.
>>
I really enjoy hauls/unboxings but wish there were more classic/ gothic lolitas out there. Gothic brands do such a bad job taking stock photos that seeing them in video always brings new life to an item.

So sick of seeing pink sweet unboxings.
>>
Does anyone have any favourite make up tutorials for Lolita? Most of the ones I find are boring and really half the make up look comprises of false eyelashes and circle lenses!
>>
>>9356038
Oddly enough 80% of my views come from South America, so there is some food for thought if you are a Spanish speaker thinking of making videos!
>>
>>9357895
The reason why there aren't any videos catered to non-noobs is because there is no reason to. Lolitas who are already experienced are not going to watch advice videos because they're already at a level where they can dress themselves well and have a good collection of main pieces and accessories.
>>
A few other Lolita channels I came across:

Zweet Little Elf
Attitude Lolita
Kota Bear
Amy Tasukada
>>
>>9362660
I really like attitude lolita good for sewing lolitas
Does Kota still do those huge rants?
Amy interesting that she does book reviews too
>>
So I know some people were complaining about too many videos catering to newbies but whenever I watch "lolita 101" or "lolita for beginners" videos they all suffer from at least one of the following:

>bad video/audio quality
>outdated/incorrect information
>only giving tips on 1 topic
>vague/general advice
>no examples to back up words

There has GOT to be at least one well edited and visually informative video that fully and faithfully covers all the basics. Usually you just see one offs like "being confident in lolita" or "where to buy lolita" but not an in-depth breakdown of the who/what/where/why/how. I especially hate when it's a video of someone giving advice but not showing any dresses or examples that give proof of what they're saying.

Topics a video like that could include (but not limited to):
>how to thrift responsibly
>overview of typical comm structure and how to find one in your area
>usable plus size lolita advice
>coord collages with common ita mistakes

Just my two cents
>>
>>9362632
I disagree again. Experienced lolitas don't want to watch noob lolita tips either.I'm an experienced lolita and I'd love to see experienced lolitas make videos about how they plan their OTT coords, experimental coords, new hairstyles they try out that aren't the cookie cutter lolita hairstyles. Unique diy items.

Sadly I think the reason this will never happen is because 1) everything is a competition now and no one wants to share their tips to looking amazing or making this amazing prop. 2) too much salt online discourages people from making more experimental, unusual coords. Look at Batty. Everyone hates her coords because they are not 100% cookie cutter lolita, but some coords are actually really great.
>>
>>9365825
I would love to see/do actual plus size lolita advice, but I don't think I can handle all the salt that comes with having a lolita YT channel.
>>
>>9344794
Tallulah Bee frustrates me because she has the most potential but she wastes it. She has been in the fashion for a long time, knows how to dress herself, has a large wardrobe, but her videos aren't that great. If she invested more time and money in making higher quality videos, better and more organized content, and had a personality, she could be a good channel. Her voice is grating too but that's not something she can fix. At this point I think LovelyLor is the best Lolita channel but she's far from perfect too.
>>
>>9353080
Who in particular makes you say that?
>>
>>9368297
I don't like Lor as much, but it's probably more a style thing. I LOVE Tallulah. I think she's hit the 'I've been in lolita too long to care what other's thing' and I admit I've hit that stage too. It's nice to see a lolita youtuber doing whatever she wants and not caring if she stick to 100% lolita content
>>
>>9365837
What do you consider plus size? There are already quite a few that talk about having measurements over 100cm
>>
>>9370212
Who are they? I'd love to follow them.
>>
I had an idea for a video, but I'm not sure what people's responses would be, and I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about the execution.
A lot of people can feel uncomfortable about wearing lolita for the first time, or wearing certain styles (like OTT) because of the reactions they might get. I was thinking of doing a "hidden camera" style of video, each one covering a different substyle, where I meander around alone in different areas, minding my business, just to see what happens. Obviously faces would be pixelated, voices changed, and identifiable things (license plates, addresses, etc.) would be hidden. But here's what makes me uncertain:
> Very similar to videos that have gotten heat in the past (fake prank videos, "10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman", etc.)
> If something bad happens, there could be accusations that it's faked for attention, that I edited it in a biased way, or it could scare off newbies who think that it's a common occurrence.
> Possibility of it being picked up by places or people outside of the lolita community, and made to be part of movements or ideologies it's not intended for, flame wars occur.
> Concern for the safety / privacy of people filmed - even though I would try my best, human error is possible. Though it is not illegal to do this where I live.
What do you think, gulls? Is this something worthwhile, or are the cons simply too much that it's not worth bothering?
>>
>>9370502
I think it's definitely a video worth making. If anything in your list does happen, you can make it very clear as the video creator that those weren't your intent? I know that can only do so much, but don't let it stop you from making the video
>>
>>9370212
Seconding what >>9370278 said!
>>
>>9375853
>>9370278

Sorry for the late reply but here are all of the plus size girls I follow. I tried to only add ones that are towards the bigger end of the spectrum so I might have missed a few.

Kitty Time - https://www.youtube.com/user/BuonoBabester
Miya No - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmN-3bm51KQBszyutMF5RQ
Branther - https://www.youtube.com/user/oOBrantherOo
Bows Before Boys - https://www.youtube.com/user/pandasoppa
Tallulah Bee - https://www.youtube.com/user/girlonsunday
Petticats - https://www.youtube.com/petticats
Marshmallow Fawn - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGN8zH2DyXks2eQs4DXTkSA/
>>
>>9361190
Misako and rinrindoll have makeup videos
>>
Can anyone recommend any yourubers that post about decora?
>>
>>9376340
>Petticats
Anon why.
>>
>>9376375
They aren't great desu. Most of it's still relying on fake eyelashes. And they don't use actual make up brushes half the time
>>
>>9357849
Good make up tutorials that aren't light browns using the crappy make up applicator no one should use. Also most make up that Lolita's seem to wear is mostly fake eyelashes and circle lenses like it's not great before they are added
>>
>>9353013
It's funny they say this and they just uploaded a lolita video recently. I know it's on their 2nd channel but if they want to stop doing lolita then why make a new video? Also the patreon thing is really shady when they mention it in lolita videos. I get it for the content they make on their cosplay channel but bringing it up for lolita is pretty much just asking to help them buy brand so they can post lolita haul videos etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0fO3J_nQjk
>>
>>9345100
>>9344700
>>9382351

"Just an FYI, for anyone anyone wondering where the Milkyfawn or Arpakasso videos are, we haven't made anything featuring either of them for over two years. This channel started with cosplay and lolita videos - just us creating the content that we wanted to see. As it became clear that our two audiences weren't really interested in everything we were posting, we split our releases across two channels. Deerstalker Pictures 2 became the home of our lolita and kawaii content, and has been for over a year. Since then we've continued to grow our cosplay projects, with our productions becoming larger in scale, testing our filmmaker abilities and challenging ourselves.

I hope that clears up the lack of kawaii content of late. If you're not interested in the recent content that we've been posting, feel free to head on over to Deerstalker Pictures 2 and subscribe there :)"
- a comment on one of their recent cosplay videos
>>
>>9357895
I'm honestly thinking about doing some lolita sewing videos because I have loads of projects to work on and I'm trained in fashion. Is there much interest?
>>
>>9382614
I miss the Arpakasso videos more than Milky Fawn.I was never a fan of her videos desu. Some were funny but most were meh. But I don't get why say Lolita was a mistake but still make lolita videos?
>>
>>9382614
>>9382645
Their DS2 channel hasn't updated on how long before this wardrobe post, and now they're trying to peddle it again for more subscribers?

It feels to me like they're just trying to get more donations on their patreon with the "promise" of more videos that will never come.
>>
>>9382971
Exactly anon! I totally agree! All they want is for people to give them money and they know that their lolita videos are popular. I'm guessing they lost a good few subscribers after what they said about lolita being a mistake.
>>
>>9382971
This so much. What happened to making videos because you liked to make them? It's obnoxious when people peddle their patreons while alluding to the money being able to "help" them make more videos instead of making the videos they want. Do they just not have jobs? Or do they expect to always profit off a hobby? ffs
>>
How the mighty have fallen (re: Deerstalkers)
>>
>>9385146
I so agree! It really shows now when I watch their videos. I had to unsubscribe from both of their channels.
>>
>>9382645
>>9383837
Wait, didn't they just say "lolita was a mistake" because of the Hideaki Anno "anime was a mistake" meme? Did they actually mean anything by it?
>>
>>9386517
I'm sure they did. They weren't happy that their anime videos weren't doing well especially compared to their lolita videos. It was a mistake for them to do lolita videos as people were only really watching those videos and only really subscribed for the content. In turn the views of the anime videos were much lower and gotta earn the cash from youtube too!
>>
I really want to start a lolita/jfash youtube channel and grow it before I move overseas next year, what are the best tips for gaining an audience?
>>
>>9386881
Update regularly, advertise everywhere you can.
>>
>>9386881
Have good equipment, have your videos prepared beforehand, be organised, try and keep to a schedule, use social media. Just simple things really. Look at the channels that did well and channels that do badly. Don't create a fake persona be yourself!
>>
>>9348463
I really like dea. She's a little weeby sometimes but she seems like a really genuine person.
>>
>>9386517
>>9386798
They said something about the FB algorithm "punishing" them when they posted non-lolita vs. lolita content since most of their fans are lolitas and only like lolita stuff. They seemed kinda pissy about it but hey, without those lolita videos they might not have had any fans at all.
>>
>>9387685
Exactly! It's not like their lolita videos were all that great either. I find some of them hard to watch. They don't have much personality. It's their production values that make their videos better looking.
>>
I'm an experienced Lolita and considering making a channel. Is there anything that cgl would like to see? The biggest concern I have is production value because I don't have lighting equipment or a good camera. I want to start my channel off on the right foot so any advice would be great.
>>
>>9392989
You want to make a channel but don't know what videos to make? Why do you want to make a channel vs. a blog or anything, then?
It depends on who you are, what you can do, what you have. For example I'd love to see more sewing and tutorial videos but only if the person is actually good at what they're doing, so not like Yumi King. If you have a lot of interesting dresses you might do detail videos. If you often get new stuff in the mail you might do unboxing videos, but personally I don't care for those. What do YOU want to make?
>>
>>9392989
Try to film in good daylight if you can't get equipment.

Good makeup tutorials, hauls, putting coords together, etc
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.