[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Out With the Old, In With the New" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 28

Previously, in our thread about birth control, depressions and carnaval >>9332951
>Viencon is cancelled
>I'm Tully now
>DIY smoke machine updates
>DynamicCon happened and pictures got shared
>Closet cosplays
>WCS is back at Animecon
>Photographers copying each other
>Blazikont 2: Return of the Creepy Anon
>Kinks and fetish talk, but what else is new?
>Bag stolen at Dynamo Con. What do?
>WIP painting shots and a LED test video from Prop-Anon
>Another vendetta we don't care about
>Muscle suit talk
>Mr Satan is the one true hero of Earth. Don't fall for Goku's cheap tricks!
>PC talk, and not the GNU/Linux kind.
>Suggestions for anime's popular in Dutchland
>Yaycon talk
>"Official X cosplayer"
>Electronics, soldering, batteries and all that cool stuff

The five next major events:
>Yaycon (February 19th, Amersfoort UT), yaranaika?
>Showmasters Comic Con Rotterdam (March 4th & 5th, Rotterdam ZH), a con exactly like ACC only in Rotterdam.
>Dutch Comic Con (March 25th & 26th, Utrecht UT), a con exactly like X-mas DCC, only with more stands and people.
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
>TomoCon (April 8th & 9th, Berghem NB), only the best convention ever that strikes fear in the eyes of all other Dutch conventions. Well, according to Tomo that is.
The full calendar can be viewed at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>The recommended store list and old surveys results can be found at https://www.churi.nl
>Ignore shitposts and attention whores. They feed on attention, so let's make them starve.
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.
>>
>>9343311

Thanks for that! I'm not doing them in series so I need to check out how to go around it. smaug worked with parallel but in a lower amount... We'll see how it goes.
>>
>>9343131
Well he could use his real hair if he grows it more and curl his hair. Possibly he could dye it a bit blonder. Also some fresh look contacts in turquoise if you wanna be picky on the eyes.

But either way, he's cocky to claim 'official Dutch'.
>>
>>9343326
If you're putting the batteries in parallel just add the capacity of all batteries together and use that value. Or do a timed (stress) test, that never hurts and if it does at least you won't have to fix it out in the field.
>>
>>9343332
It's cocky of anyone to claim ''Official'' or ''Original'. We all know that there are no originals on the internet. ''I was europe's first'' yea whatever. Come back to me if that title starts paying the bills.
>>
>>9343346
>>9343332
Yeah, the whole title thing annoys me as well. I don't know the guy, it's cool that he wants to visit sick kids and all that, but don't go claiming some bogus epeen title that only the creator can give you.
>>
>>9343346
>It's cocky of anyone to claim ''Official'' or ''Original'.
I know right!
>>
I'm just starting with worbla and l.e.d. and stuff and I feel so discouraged when I see people in amazing costumes. Kinda like; there are already so many cool costumes, no-one will notice mine even when I get good at it.
How do you gulls deal with this?
>>
>>9343375
I pretty much only make cosplays that very few or nobody ever did before. Being original (for as far as you can be by copying a character design) is satisfying imo. And it also gives you cool challenges because there's no tutorials or WIP shots to copy.
>>
>>9343375
>How do you gulls deal with this?
I only cosplay for fun and only pick things I really want to do. Finishing that without looking like shit is enough satisfaction for me.
>>
>>9343335
Not the batteries, it works off a powerbank. It's the LED strips in parallel.
>>
Muscle suit guy seems to have some people hating his suit? Anyone know why. Did he delete comments?
>>
>>9343375
Start simple, learn the basics, get good at the basics, go further & deeper. Learn various materials, maybe foam is easier to work with (it's definitely cheaper and lightweight), practice, practice, practice.

I tried to explain to my friend that he couldn't instantly start with a warframe costume as his first cosplay, because half-way through he'll find out it won't work as he wants to and he'll start hating it instead of loving it.

My genuine advice is to start simple and save your dream-costume for later, when your skills are better and it's so much more satisfying to create it. I made the mistake of going head-first into Smaug and thinking I could do it. Now I hate the costume with all my being, except the head. I was kind of proud of that, but now I would've done it entirely differently. We all learn, so my advice is truly to start simple.

You don't want to start hating your work. You want to be proud of it by finishing it and it looking decent. After a few costumes you'll get more confident and better at whatever medium you're using and then you can start going bigger.

"If you don't know how to start a cosplay, it's probably too hard to start with for now."
>>
>>9343403
Not that I know of.
>>
>>9343401
Odds are the LEDs inside the strip are wired parallel as well, so can just make a breakout box with the plugs without having to worry about a thing. Honestly it's a good thing, means no "finding out which light broke in a string of Christmas lights" nightmares.
>>
>>9343409
there are some angry faces on his post on cosplayNL. Nobody seems to talk about it though. Makes me wonder.
>>
>>9343406
What you are describing is a mindset. Sometimes being good enough, is good enough. You never finish something.
There are so many inspirational video's on this matter.
>>
>>9343418
That might be, but it's still advice to start simple if one is new to using worbla and the like. Starting off with intricate detailing will most likely fail and demotivate. I don't want them to be demotivated. I want people to practice, to learn, to grow and then grow satisfied.

No one became a 'pro-cosplayer' in a single costume basically.

>>9343413
I figured.
>>
>>9343406
I've already made four costumes varying in difficulty, I've done foam so now I've started on foam + worbla.
I love getting compliments and pictures taken and I want to get into competitions.
I've planned out everything for my next cosplay, it will be challenging but not too hard.
Idk, sorry for blogging but I saw Kinpatsu and Pretzl on stage and I'd love to be them someday.
>>
>>9343428
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRtV-ugIT0k

Imho this is wat I would like to see more people do. If your gem should be square but is totally blobby you can still be proud of it. Because you did something. Failing isn't possible if you did something to your best effort.
>>
>>9343432
Ah I see. You didn't give any level of proficiency. But yeah I'd still say practice before you truly start. I made that mistake myself and ended up wasting loads of money. It never hurts to do test pieces either.

>>9343433
No I agree with that. I think you kind of misunderstand what I'm trying to say. But that's okay, I think the point has come across. We're on the same line.
>>
Pedro and Angelique just.. got in a fight. Pedro apparently stalks her on a false account and made a 13 minute video talking shit. Angelique is going to the police with all this. Im crying my eyes out this is hilarious.
>>
>>9343519
In b4 ugh this fag again. Anon needs links tho
>>
Seriously man, that Pedro guy should think a bit before he posts his shit video's, 9 times out of 10 it's just complete horseshit with a generous sprinkle of undeserved arrogance.
>>
>>9343519
Slowpoke much? The last thread already went to shit because of this with all the obvious samefagging and attention whoring going on. Worst of all we learned nothing from it because where's the fun in actually explaining the reasons for your pathetic little vendetta...
>>
>>9343375
If it discourages you maybe it is better to not do it. I mean it is a great thing to shoot for the stars, but if 'someone better' has a negative effect on you, then you are going to have a rough time. In this day and age, there will always be someone more appreciated than you.

But what could help, hard work, getting goods photographs, playing the social game well, doing lots and lots of PR.

>>9343417
Who cares? The people with the angry face are a couple and both on his friend lists. Maybe he shat on on their lawn, maybe he said their baby was ugly, maybe he tried to hit on the girl, maybe he stole their work and said it was his own.
4chan is going to be a sad place if we are going to do emoji analysis, I am no longer 12 years old!
>>
She really thinks police is going to do anything with it? The only thing she can accuse him of is slander, and with her posting this, she is doing the same.
Possibly stalking, if he did make a fake account and stalked her. But it has to be really serious before the police actually does something with stalking.
>>
who cares
>>
>>9343519
I would be really satisfied if Pedro got in trouble with police.
>>
Jesus christ that Pedro is annoying. And that fat cunt needs to stop being such an attention whore.
>>
>>9343551
So does angelique, she is doing as much bad as Pedro is right now by posting this on her feed
>>
Jesus fuck it's kindergarten time again.
>>
>>9343556
Indeed. The guy's like a cockroach, you shouldn't make your environment cockroach friendly.
>>
>>9343556
That's why I said the fat cunt needs to stop attention whoring.

>Pedro brings down LGBT-rights 50 years
> Fat Cunt brings down womens rights 50 years
>>
it is not the first time that guy made trouble, he was banned from anmecon a while ago... Ah Pedro-kun... y u do ths?
>>
>>9343562
Dutch posts aren't allowed on this board.
>>
File: 1479533882644.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479533882644.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>9343566
banned? lol what'd he do?
>>
>>9343572
something with excessive trash-talking on video or something?
>>
well saying you will hit a person with a cactus, and with a hammer afterwards is kinda more serious than a kindergarten fight. PLus saying you are selfrightious doing so, is even worse
>>
>>9343519
>>9343524
>>9343548
I actually saved his video in case he's going to remove everything again. I love how he made a post about changing and avoiding drama (or something in between those lines) and manages to cause a shitstorm again.
>>
>>9343544
If the police is already barely useful with serious cases of slander, I doubt they will look into her case.
>>
do you people have nothing better to do than talk about arguments between people, isnt the publicity exactly what pedro wants? idiots
>>
>>9343576
aggresive lefties like pedro are the reason I'm secretly voting pvv
>>
>>9343562
>>9343569
>>9343577
Why are people so fucking dense to post in Dutch? OP, I feel bad for you. Maybe you should retype it in caps.
>>
>>9343574
That's stupid.
>>
>>9343580
I don't think that's entirely true. An ex-friend of my with some old salt thought it would be a funny move to make up a fake claim about me stalking and threatening her online, and I got in trouble with the police for that. In the end I was proven innocent but it really surprised me how quickly police takes action even without real evidence.
>>
>>9343584

Will never vote for people like Wilders but I do understand that being an extreme fucking retard like Pedro will push people over. Extreme left is just as bad as extreme right. This whole black and white thinking is fucking stupid.
>>
>>9343519
Still a better love story than Twilight.
>>
>>9343584
Of course there's no such thing as aggressive righty's. That would be actual nazi's.
>>
>>9343592
Well lucky her, the police couldn't do anything in my case, because there was no IP match (even though plenty of stuff pointed out, it was probably this person).
>>
there will always be bad lefts and bad rights, pedro is a bad left who has no ways to actually explain why extreme right is taking away rights from people and instead goes for threatening and blackmailing. im far left and i condemn it
>>
would be lol if it ended on dumpert
>>
>>9343605
>pedro is a bad left
And Angelique a bad right.
>>
>>9343604
There was no IP match with me either. When thye researched her ''evidence'' it was some trollposts that weren't even from the Netherlands.
>>
>>9343607
not a bad right, just retarded.

'alt-right' is what I consider bad right. Goddamned neo-nazis.
>>
File: 1441234106238.png (127KB, 353x314px) Image search: [Google]
1441234106238.png
127KB, 353x314px
>>
>>9343519
I hate those faggot cosplayers. They are the most annoying with their femmy hands in the air whining out drama and cosplaying girls, thinking they could get away with it.
>>
>>9343406
totally doing warframe somewhere this year.
>>
>>9343608
Wtf, we definitely needed the opposite police treatment here. If it wasn't for the whole IP thing, the case would have been round, and I could have actually gotten some form of justice.
>>
>>9343607
i havent gone deep enough to see her statements or whatever because she deleted most of it so i can only speak for pedro, but it wouldnt surprise me
>>
>>9343610
lol my bad, you're right, it's indeed more like that.
>>
>>9343588
Wouldn't work, most (if not all) these people were linked here through the comment sections of both parties and are only here for the juice. Kinda funny really when you look at said comment sections where they are calling people who post here sad losers, especially with most the regulars really not caring about this shit.
>>
>>9343572
Threatened a cosplayer during a livestream at the convention. Can imagine that they would ban him for that.
>>
>>9343616
No it shouldn't. It's awful to be falsely accused and it can ruin a persons life. Even tho I knew I didn't do anything it kept me scared for my life for months. I never know if the person that did this to me genuinely thought it was me or if it was just some stupid revenge, but it's serious buisness..
>>
>>9343543
But even Southpark knew that emoji analysis is the future!
>>
>>9343623
well yeah, that's a good reason.

Jesus, but political right is violent and dangerous?
>>
>>9343623
No, that was totally just him appearing "intimidating" due to his "brazilian temperament" >>9342312
>>
>>9343634
Both have their sad sides. But I don't think that politics should be a discussion for CGL.
>>
>>9343621
And here I hoped the electronics discussion of previous thread could make a great start here. Can people who only come here once in a year to vendetta just stay away. Fb is already filled with this discussion, keep it there please.

>When people say 4chan is shit, while the people who make the shitty posts aren't even regulars on the thread.
>>
>>9343636
Oh no don't get me wrong. Both have bad sides. It's just that both sides accuse the other of being violent, and the cosplay scene is extremely easily triggered and left.
>>
>>9343635
Lovely. So if I grab someone by the pussy, I can tell it is not sexual assault, it is part of my "American charm."

Anyway, I have seen the vid. It was a threat and then some insults to other people. Intimidating is not the word I would describe it though. Pathetic comes to mind. Sad. Dumb. But intimidating, nope. I doubt he could intimidate a hamster.
>>
>>9343346
And who even cares about first? Some fat teenage girl on tumblr in a thrifted trench coat and shitty contouring could've been the first ~Dutch Newt~ but does that make her closet cosplay somehow important? No. Come back when you're the BEST [character] rather than the first or 'original' (the film actor's the only original, you're just copying his look). And even then you're not really allowed to give yourself that title, it's decided by others.
>>
feed it more
>>
>>9343639
I know right? Goddamnit I'm a regular and I feel like I'm stuck in a room full of crying 12 year olds. Get back on the cosplay for fucks sake or get the fuck out of here.
>>
File: IMG_20170204_164906.jpg (3MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170204_164906.jpg
3MB, 4160x2336px
>>9343664
Yes.

I'm making this monster right now, I feel like im crazy doing this.
>>
>>9343669
Ooooohhh Diablo! I've been thinking of doing an Auriel...
>>
>>9343671
I think i saw an auriel last year (or some year before) at EFF, it was really cool though simple in armor design.
>>
>>9343669
woooow! how did you make that? It looks amazing! do you have any progressphotos? and is it heavy to wear?
>>
>>9343624
Anon, we both got screwed over and scarred, and had the police working in our disadvantage. And if we had the opposite police treatment, aka your police would be asking for IPs and mine wouldn't, we both would have had the police working in our advantage. Ironically.
>>
>>9343676
it's 100% cardboard and tears (ok teeth are worbla cuz its stronger), thankfully cardboard is very light but the heavy layer of primer and paint is making it fairly heavy, but not as heavy as full on worbla helms, also since it's completely hollow.
There's some progress in here (fb link) /pg/Draxaca.cosplay/photos/?tab=album&album_id=752489328235283
I haven't touched it from like oct last year but now i plan on working on it again after a break and other cosplays
>>
>>9343664
Also a regular here, and I agree. But well it doesn't just have to be about cosplay. Stuff like convention talk (fun stuff like how to approach people, not drama), j-fashion, j-rock concerts, and any other Japan related thing in the Netherlands or Netherlands related thing in Japan (like our sweet mascot Tully) are all welcome here. (correct me if I'm wrong OP) There are so many decent things to talk about actually, but yet..
>>
>>9343687
Yeah I thought about that after I already had sent the post.
>>
Maybe a strange question, but do we have someone on this board who can read Japanese?
>>
File: gt.png (38KB, 905x212px) Image search: [Google]
gt.png
38KB, 905x212px
>>9343682
>correct me if I'm wrong OP
No you're right. We're on /cgl/, so pretty much anything related to Dutch conventions, cosplay, LARP, J-fashion and such goes. Not that I can force anyone to not post something, I have no power here other then having gained some respect from you gulls.

>>9343669
Colour me impressed and do keep us posted on any updates. I couldn't help but take a peek at your site where it states you plan on having it done in April. Please tell me you are planning on wearing it to Animecon?

>>9343723
I speak fluent Google Translate in 104 languages, does that count?
>>
>>9343733
April is my plan but im likely not going to make it since half is not even started on and the other half is not even close to done. Animecon would be really cool but it was not on my list, however i unexpectedly should be moving to amsterdam soon and then animecon is a whole lot closer.
>>
So has anyone bought any of those joker or harley quinn calanders?
>>
Not Smoke-anon, but I thought it would be a cool effect to have for my cosplay. If your stuff arrives, you'll keep the thread updated right, Smoke-anon?

also lol at this drama
>>
>>9343723
I can read it a bit. Mostly cheat with rikaichan, though. So if it's a picture it's a lot more difficult for me, unless the kanji are really common. What do you need help with?
>>
>>9343538
Yeah, '''new year new me'''starts the same shit over again. Instead of being such a childish fag and bringing irrelevant information in his posts - sextape etc-, he should be mature like he said in his videos, but nope that isn't happening, because both his IQ and EQ are shit. The world would be better off with people like him gone. People like him have no progression, and are a disgrace for the future.
>>
>>9343754
Of course
>>
I need some realistic/bright green lenses for my new cosplay that also cover my own dark brown eyes well.
Where can I buy them here?
>>
>>9344359
Uniqso is pretty good, gotta look for reviews, some are more opaque than others
>>
>>9344459
None in the Netherlands/Europe?
>>
File: p1100835_e589afe69cac__17582.jpg (16KB, 438x185px) Image search: [Google]
p1100835_e589afe69cac__17582.jpg
16KB, 438x185px
>>9344529
http://circlelenseseurope.com/-CIRCLE-LENSES/-ALL-LENSES/eos-briller-green
>>
anyone have an idea what happened to tsunacon? I don't visit this board a lot but I wanted to go this year and they haven't updated their site/social media since last year.
>>
>>9344569
They're 'skipping' a year bcs their location is being renovated but there's also a big chance they're not coming back looking at some info available on the ppl who organize it.
>>
>>9343538
>>9344058
Normally I refrain from meddling with drama, but honestly I'm tired of this shit. The fact is that he and his friends have had problems with Angelique for a while now. This whole thing wasn't purely about the Trump post, it's them taking any opportunity they get to start shit against her. Now and in the past they have been randomly posting her porn to closed FB groups, trying to start shit on /cgl/ with obvious samefagging, continuously making jokes on her expense where possible, setting people up against each other and then (especially his friends) act all pure and innocent the moment someone calls them out on their shitty behaviour. This often results in a massive shit storm that draws a lot of attention to the situation which is exactly what they want. After all, the more people the storm reaches, the more successful they'll consider themselves to be in whatever it is they are trying to accomplish. Of course Angelique made several mistakes in dealing with this, both now and in the past, by sharing it on her Facebook wall which only brings more attention to the subject. Especially if she really is taking legal actions she would had been better off keeping things on the low this time around.
Still, the part that makes me dispise this practice the most is that after all this crap they still don't have the balls to admit what they're doing, and more importantly share the world the full reasons behind their vendetta. Honestly, at this point this isn't even drama anymore, this is trying to bring someone to the point of full despair for your own personal entertainment.

Oh, and in the off-chance we do get a post from either party, please think before you give them any reply whatsoever. There's no point in setting up another shitstorm for them.
>>
So let's talk about J-concerts!

Who is coming to PLASTICZOOMS on March 9? http://p60.nl/agenda/1741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRdekg-VrYY
>>
>>9343769
I want to know what this article says. It's the news source of a very smelly article, but it could be bad news if it happen to be true.

http://www.fashionsnap.com/news/2017-02-03/fruits-stop/
>>
>>9344615
>Fashion magazine Fruits stopped publishing monthly after 233 releases on December 23, 2016.
>Not enough people with the right style walk around the Harajuku district for us to fill a volume without forcing things.
>Magazines will be still be published irregularly in the future and the editor is interested in hosting events, selling goods/merchandise, finding new talents and joining new projects.
>A shirt with the Fruits logo (pic related) will go on sale on February 13th on the web shop and selected retailers.
So that's it really, instead of releasing every month they are releasing a volume once they have enough content. It maybe bi-monthly, might be quarterly, who knows?
And yes this was all Google Translate. Quite the nifty tool once you get used to correcting all the Engrish it spews out.
>>
>>9344615
>>9344656

Maybe also interesting to read:
http://www.tokyofashiondiaries.com/harajuku-tokyo-gentrification-tokku/
http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2017/02/04/japanese-street-style-magazine-fruits-to-shutter-after-20-years-citing-lack-of-cool-kids/
>>
>>9344656
>article I have this from said FRUITS stopped completely.

Ha, I knew it was fishy. Thanks anon.
>>
>>9344677
Always good to read more than one article, because good translation is still pretty difficult.
>>
>>9344687
Not just because of the language barrier, but also because most "news outlets" are lazy. Rewriting copypasted articles, not doing any fact checking, or providing any sources has become quite normal these days.
>>
>>9344760
That is also true.
>>
>>9344537
No torics?
>cries
>>
>>9344687
I did, that was why I found it fishy. There was only one article on the web who wrote about FRUITS stopping and the Jfashion news article site I do trust didn't mention anything.
>>
Hey OP, what was your e-mail address for this thread again?
>>
>>9344857
Same address as always: [email protected]
>>
So has any lolita seen that old-mom in the Sales group? She can't pay via online iDeal/PayPal and she probably has no idea of anything, for example how to look up stuff since one girl offered a dress for sale but she said 'it is only a photo' (heard of Google?) and that she thinks everything is so expensive. Oh, she also cosplays. It is like my mom would cosplay...She types likes my 60-y-o-dad anyway, so..
She's probably 'mentally challenged' and/or very old right? Not again plz...
>>
File: tomo.jpg (34KB, 526x276px) Image search: [Google]
tomo.jpg
34KB, 526x276px
Tomocon's gameroom has the worst logo I've ever seen, I'm impressed. Not only is it visually horrible (who puts text on a controller like that), it also is quite controversial and brings up politics in a hobby that has nothing to do with it.....
>>
>>9345680
Ah, but it is GameRoomS from a few ex-gamepit people. I think it is smart to do such things to get attention, right?
>>
>>9345680
They've never been great, so making them great again is impossible.

It would be great if they would just go away.
>>
>>9345680
That's some /r/crappydesign material alright.
>>
File: GamePitdz.png (122KB, 1269x470px) Image search: [Google]
GamePitdz.png
122KB, 1269x470px
Look there is a new GamePit.... the way they spell it is the same, the slogan is just an English version of the original... but hey we can say The Netherlands had it first.
>>
>>9345716
Now that's a logo I'm triggered by. They weren't even able to draw a straight line?
>>
>>9345647
Yeah, she also started a topic about lolita and work (she is a teacher or learning for it?). And she didn't appreciate that the awnser was "There's a time and place for everything, but not now".
>>
That reminds me of a post on a forum talking about a new twitter account of Gamepit
https://twitter.com/StichPi
>>
>>9345647
>It is like my mom would cosplay.
What would be so wrong about that?
>>
>>9345737
An adult unironically wearing kids facepaint (pink panter), a maid headdress, pink wig and elementary school bagpack while the rest of the clothes are "normal".
>>
How did they manage to cancel Viencon in less than a month? Did they expect people to have >800 euro just laying around?
>>
I actually have to give kudo's to Brian for having humor.

>>9345705
and get that crappy gameroom from abunai? no thanks, I'd rather have them! IMHO only animecon beats their collection.

>>9345710
it's actually photoshopped from the original
>>
>>9345728
only renzo is left, duh...
>>
>>9345766
This exactly, it came out quite recently and I got the days off already but no ticket yet because my friends decide late. Now I'm not sure which con to visit aside from anime and abunai. Most have been kind of 'meh'
>>
>>9345795
I Recently heard gamepit is not yet gone though
>>
>>9345870
almost everybody left and joined GameRoomS. Only renzo, his girlfriend and some inactive people remained. So I don't know what he's up to but he can't do very much with 3 people...
>>
>>9345783
What part of this is humourous?
>>
File: britney.gif (973KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
britney.gif
973KB, 500x280px
>>9345647
She's clearly mentally/intellectually handicapped in some way and not allowed to manage her own bank account.
What is it with the Dutch lolita community and attracting mentally handicapped people? How do they keep finding us? Did they get here through cons/cosplay? I hope that if this one comes to a meetup she doesn't just get abandoned into our care by her handler like that other girl.

>>9345732
I'm 99% sure that when she's talking about teachers, she means the teachers at her own school/job programme. Her profile says she's in "speciaal onderwijs".

>>9345737
It would be so much fun if my mom cosplayed! But the thing is that my mom is a mature, socially well-adjusted woman who wouldn't squeeze herself into tiny leggings and a gross wig and drag a creepy dude around on a chain. I know you couldn't really know this from anon's post but we're not talking about a normal older lady here.
>>
>>9345956
It's not just the lolita community but all communities. The Dutch mental health care system has been greatly improved over the past 20 years, enabling more people than ever to more easily participate in society. Take autism for instance, 20 years ago there was very little help for autistic people where today you have entire trajects to assit them in school, at work and get even learning to become fully self sufficient at living.
Plus the rise of the internet has been a true heaven-sent to the socially challenged. It's never been easier to meet new people or learn new skills without even having to leave the comfort of your own home.
>>
>>9343403
I think the muscle suit is cool.
>>
>>9343584
You would probobly vote for Trump too if you had the chance. You're of the worst kind of people out there.
>>
>>9343664
Shut the fuck up! Go eat glass shards or something! Let people talk!
>>
>>9345783
I would avoid GameroomS personalitywise. Their founder is a narcissistic dick who acts like a spoiled princess

>>9345956
She cleans the school. She doesn't teach, but she couldn't get another job because of circumstances.
>>
>>9345984
That makes a lot of sense.
I'm honestly happy for people like this that they can have fulfilling lives along with the rest of society and don't have to spend their life locked away in some group home. I also think everyone deserves to have a hobby they can express themselves in. But to be honest, I don't think lolita fashion is a good hobby for someone like this. She'd be much happier just wearing her cat ears and face paint at some con and hanging out with other socially awkward weebs who won't criticise her or expect her to improve or anything like that. Our community isn't as big or varied as the general convention community and it's very unlikely she'll be able to make friends in our group.

>>9346055
Ah okay, that explains why she mentioned having to wear a uniform. It doesn't explain why she'd want to wear lolita while cleaning though lol

>>9346021
anon r u ok
>>
>>9346004
Yeah, because people who vote for Trump are the worst kind. Not say, murderers or rapists.

>inb4 "all trump supporters are murderers or rapists"
>>
Let's not discuss politics please, it's off topic and the thread will go to shit.
>>
>>9345766

Viencon obviously suffered from wanting too much right now. They went with a huge event, on a big park which probably needed a pretty big down payment by a specific date. They should've started smaller. I like the idea, but the execution was just horrible.
>>
>>9346124
>implying dutch threads aren't always shit by default

I'd rather have discussion of politics than vendettaposting, but I suppose it is pretty off-topic.
>>
>>9346004

No, idiots like you who demonize people for voting actions are the worst kind of people. Instead of engaging people in dialogue, you're insulting them without reason. You're just as bad as extreme right.

And now fuck off with the politics and drama, and let's discuss what this topic is about.
>>
>>9346132
Why not neither?
>>
To get back on track and because I'd like to know: what cosplays would you like to see more often? I like seeing groups of the same series/matching people
>>
>>9346281
Anything where heart and soul's been put in. I love it when you can see someone did their best.

Doesn't mean homemade, you can order something and change it up or accesorize etc.
>>
>>9345716
Fuck Gamepit.

I used to volunteer for the Tsunacon game room. Half the room was Gamepit, the other half was us.

Because Tsunacon gopher scheduling sucks we had like 5 volunteers for the entire day for the game room. And even though Gamepit had like 10 people taking up the entire staff space with their crap, they didn't actually do anything. Most of them just played DS for the entire con, completely ignoring their part.

The TVs were Tsunacon so we had to make sure people weren't putting food or drinks on the TVs. You'd figure Gamepit would at least care about that but we still had to constantly tell people not to put their open Cola cans next to the TVs and consoles.

Halfway across the day one of the Gamepits had an autistic shitfit or something. Actually wtf. Then half an hour before the con closed they suddenly disappeared with their consoles, leaving a giant mess. Because no one was scheduled to clean up and move a shit ton of tables (Tsunacon gopher scheduling really sucks) the few game room volunteers had to clean up until 11:30 because literally no one else was there.

Tsunacon scheduling is the worst but it would have been fine if at least some of the 20 people that Gamepit put in our volunteer area actually did something and stayed to clean. Fuck Gamepit.
>>
>>9346135
This.

And please, stop shitposting about politics man.
Lets get back to cosplay and lolita conversation.
>>
>>9346114
Shut the fuck up pedo bait
>>
>>9345647
I haven't seen her, I have good hope she won't be active in the comm tough because the group is hidden now. Pls nobody invite her.

>>9345984
No lol. Passend onderwijs is a massive failure. Literally hundreds, if not thousands of autistic kids are not in school at all because normal schools cannot handle them and they are usually not special enough for special schools. Of the autistic kids that are in school, a lot of them have to change schools every year or several times a year and don't make any progress. It's much harder now than before "passend onderwijs".
>It's never been easier to meet new people or learn new skills without even having to leave the comfort of your own home.
This does make a lot of sense.
>>
how can I properly tell someone that I don't want to cosplay with her because she just doesn't look like the character. I just want the cosplays to be perfect!
>>
>>9346441
"No I'm not feeling it. Sorry" does that work? Or do you want to cosplay the character ,but not with her?
>>
>>9346441
What makes this person "not look like the character" compared to you?
>>
>>9346441
Depends on if it's a contest or just for fun. Cuz if it's just for fun, you'd look good compared to her.
>>
>>9346441
You can easily say you just don't want to team up because you aren't "feeling it".
You could also just say you don't see the resemblance or you don't share the same amount of enthusiasm.

I myself am still looking for people who want to do anything from Ragnarok online.
>>
>>9346332
She's already in the comm though? She was posting to the community fb page.
>>
>>9346055
The founder can appear narcissistic at first but once you know him better he is actually quite nice.

>>9346299
I was one of those members back then and I actually did my shift according to schedule. I don't even own a 3ds. I cleaned all my shit and we didn't leave until we got permission from tsunacon itself.

as for current gamepit with renzo though... fuck gamepit.
>>
File: eX1Oyti.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
eX1Oyti.png
1MB, 1360x768px
So, yaycon around the corner. I've never been there even though I can get there in 20 min by bicycle. Should I? Disclaimer: I ain't gay though.
>>
>>9347613
I don't know, we can't look into your head and see what you like. Just check their schedule and ask yourself if it's worth spending €17.50 and a free day on.
>>
>>9347627
I've never really cared about any con programs. Just the people and the location. Are there a lot of autistic fucks walking around? Or are there more chill and laid back people since it's a smaller con? What are your experiences?
>>
File: image.jpg (882KB, 1691x2367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
882KB, 1691x2367px
For the anon who asked about the Dutch Pikachu plush a few threads ago.
I finally got him and it's the cutest thing ever!
>>
>>9347613
Depends on if you are into gay stuff.
I'm into yaoi but I have no idea what my sexuality is. You pretty much get bombarded with gay stuff so if that ain't your thing, don't go there.
>>
>>9347640
Worth it! It's cute!
>>
>>9347635
It does have autistic fucks but a different kind of autistic fucks than most cons, much more SJW.
>>
>>9347635
>>9347729
It's literally social justice con. If you can get along with/don't mind tumblr-minded folks then go, but if the whole politcal correctness culture bothers you then probably don't. Also expect a looot of Yuri on Ice cosplay.
>>
>>9346135
Eat shit anon!
>>
>>9347774
>Not sure if being ironic or just proving >>9347774's point by legitimately being this stupid
>>
>>9347774
Mature.
>>
>>9347793
>>9347840

Ignore it, it thrives on attention.
>>
>>9347640
> it has flowers on his klompjes

It's more detailed then I expected. Now I really want one.
>>
Tomo is sending a link to anyone who was stupid enough to buy tickets for Tomofair Amsterdam.
The link is reusable so you can actually make unlimited free
>>
>>9347932
Like anyone wants to go to tomoshit
>>
>>9347932
Wait, so they used one link/code for everyone instead of a unique link/code? That's silly.

>inb4 it's a unique code and someone posts their unique link/code, allowing Tomo to mark all who used it as "annoying little shit from /cgl/" and bans them for "abusing coupons"
>>
Guys I might have missed something but why the hate on TomoCon? Never been there before.
>>
>>9347932
Well actually, if you read the disclaimer you can read that they'll check the tickets for the emails they have of TomoFair Amsterdam and that if the amount of tickets exceeds the amount you had at TomoFair Amsterdam the rest will be removed from the list and will be invalid
>>
>>9347949
I asked the same question not too long ago and it boiled down to "tough love, TomoCon was designed terribly and didn't take kindly to being told what they messed up. Although it is getting better, and they're just flattening out any con's first mistakes. They just take it in the most ass-holeish way possible."
>>
>>9347949
This has been made up by some off the guys here, and everybody seems to have just joined there opinion.
Yea I have been at the first Tomo (and it sucked) but the quality has been improving so much, (also they are super cheap in comparison to the bigger cons like Abunai! and AnimeCon)
>>
>>9347940
That's exactly why i didn't post mine

>>9347951
That sucks, didn't read that
>>
>>9347956
>I asked the same question not too long ago and it boiled do

Same with Brian from the old GamePit, he has made mistakes but he has now invested quite a lot in gamerooms and is still offering his service cheap or even for free to some events.
I was one of the volunteers at gamerooms during TomoFair Nijmegen and he organised a BBQ while paying it mostly by himself (and even let other organisations join by paying €5,- for the meat and drinks .etc)
>>
>>9347949
Nah, they still suck. Just look at the amount of flak they received at their last edition. Not just here, but also on Facebook. People leaving within an hour.

Cheap event with cheap organisation does that. And just trying to flame other conventions openly
Also, one of their staff trying fighting his vendetta against a certain cosplayer here on 4chan lately makes it not any better.
>>
Lol, akuro and chanco are appearantly at it again with the copying
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9348019
>>
>>9348019
What'd they do?
>>
>>9347949
>>9347956
>TomoMark Saga
Somewhere last Spring we were discussing the events by Tomo, their low quality, shit they've said in the past and them preventing Fake-is-Sad (anti bootleg organisation) to help them leaving the events riddled with bootlegs. We pretty much agreed everything about Tomo was shit and all was well. Then, Mark (Tomo organiser) came in and made a single statement in which denied everything and tried to spin things around. We didn't bought any of it and after a few words he made one final salty post where he insulted us and claimed he would never return.

>Bouncy Castle Saga
TomoCon 2016 in Berghem had a lot of shit that went bad. A girl fell off the bouncy castle and landed on her head, after which a trauma chopper had to be brought in. The band they hired almost got cancelled, but ultimately played 1 or 2 hours late. The shuttle busses they arranged from Oss CS had their tickets sold out during pre-sale, were valid both days which was not stated anywhere, had a 45 minute waiting time during rush hour and those without a ticket had to pay quadrupole the price (€10) on the spot if they didn't wanted to walk to the con for 40 minutes. Finally two girls claimed to had been drugged there with GHB, although they just turned out to be attention whores who were drinking cheap vodka all day as the refused any and all blood tests or making police reports.
Tomo's response to all this? They posted an interview in which they shifted the blame for everything elsewhere and boasted about how well they handled everything. If there's one thing you should never do in the Netherlands it's boasting as the Dutch value modesty and strongly dislike boasting about how great you are. Once again Tomo got salty because they believed in their "we fixed it in the end, so everything is good" attitude which we don't accept.
>>
>>9348052
They used the same characters and music for an act that had been done at FACTS as well
>>
>>9348056
>GamePit Coup Saga
I personally skipped over this because of how one-sided the story was. But GamePit wanted to get rid of Brian (Gamerooms and Mark's BFF) which resulted in what they described as a coup and Brian taking most staff with him to his newly founded Gamerooms. The Remnants of GamePit leaked a lot of stuff here, took legal actions against him, but we've never heard anything about it.
So where do we come in? Well, Brian came onto /cgl/ and just like Mark decided to be salty and continuously insulted us. Most of us didn't care about the situation but because of his little stunt we do think of him as a narcissistic asshole.

>Filler Saga
Chi Chi felt like Goku should take some driving lessons so he could drive her to the grocery store. Of course Piccolo got forced to join in and hilarity ensued. As for us and Tomo, we had some minor things but nothing special except for "the maids menstruating up there for complaining about not getting any guests" and TomoParty running out of food.

>Rigged Votes Saga
"Someone" tried to manipulate the survey results by making a lot of fake entries that raised the average score of Tomo, while lowering the score of the other cons. As this was made public more shit about Tomo got shared, once more with lots of salty replies. A few anons ended up reporting Tomo to Brein and the Belastingsdienst for facilitating the sale of bootleg products and someone (probably an Anon) tipped the fire local brigade during TomoFair Nijmegen as Tomo often overfills their venues. After this TomoAnon showed up and finally told us he was willing to listen to us. Of course we told him to sod off and go arrange a way for all visitors to give proper feedback instead of standing at the exit and asking "did you had a nice day?". Ever since we've been a bit more tame towards one another, although it's painfully obvious they still don't like it when we post anything negative about them as there is always someone trying to spin things around.
>>
>>9348057
That's kinda dumb.
>>
>>9346332
Apparently she isn't there anymore or deleted the posts now? Hmmm weird. Maybe she realized it wasn't something for her after all.
>>
>>9348057
Yeah I've noticed that too. Isn't it going a bit too far now? I mean, aren't other people noticing it as well?
>>
>>9348065
She deleted her post in de comm, her sales post is still up, but she isn't out of it.

Something tells me we won't get rid of her anytime soon.
>>
File: really.gif (676KB, 220x258px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
676KB, 220x258px
>>9348058
>>Filler Saga
>Chi Chi felt like Goku should take some driving lessons so he could drive her to the grocery store. Of course Piccolo got forced to join in and hilarity ensued. As for us and Tomo, we had some minor things but nothing special except for "the maids menstruating up there for complaining about not getting any guests" and TomoParty running out of food.
>>
>>9347640
Both Pikachu and Popplio are so cute!!
>>
>>9347981
you mean me?

>>9348056
>>9348058
well I invite you to join the crew for a day to see what's actually happening behind the scenes.
>>
>>9348635
But we can already read how it goes. Has been published online. So no thanks!
>>
>>9348056
>Somewhere last Spring we were discussing the events by Tomo, their low quality, shit they've said in the past and them preventing Fake-is-Sad (anti bootleg organisation) to help them leaving the events riddled with bootlegs.

Fake-is sad is now allowed and tomofair Amsterdam was completely bootleg-free. Animecon also had dealers selling bootleg last year (those chinese swords) but nobody complains about that here.

>Bouncy Castle Saga
we explained that, It was taken care of.

>>9348058
>GamePit Coup Saga
while gamepit had a good relation with Tomo it was actually a seperate organisation and therefore the whole "coup" was without any involvement from tomo.

>Brian came onto /cgl/ and just like Mark decided to be salty and continuously insulted us.
well of course! You posted in his name that he had sexual intercourse with Mark and other shit about them. none of which was true, do you think they're going to take anything seriously posted here after that?

>someone (probably an Anon) tipped the fire local brigade during TomoFair Nijmegen as Tomo often overfills their venues.
thanks for that! It was crowded, yes but not overcrowded.

> Of course we told him to sod off and go arrange a way for all visitors to give proper feedback instead of standing at the exit and asking "did you had a nice day?".
send an e-mail to [email protected] and [email protected]

It's also quite sad that the mr bentou fight from animecon and the fact that they had a "special discount" on the sushi (the freezer was broken!!), the bad karaoke last year and other problems aren't mentioned at all.
no con is perfect, everybody makes mistakes, learns from them and improves on them.
The general trend here is, that tomo is the elephant in the room and is pissed on more than anything else here, but issues from other cons are forgivable and go without notice.

>>9348638
Well I haven't encountered most of the stuff posted online myself, so join me for a day to see it from a different perspective.
>>
>>9348652
http://avo-blog.nl/2016/05/13/tomocon-2016-behind-the-scenes/
http://www.tomotickets.nl/behind-the-scenes-tomofair-2016/
>>
>>9348663
>http://avo-blog.nl/2016/05/13/tomocon-2016-behind-the-scenes/

yeah what about it?
>>
>>9348689
>well I invite you to join the crew for a day to see what's actually happening behind the scenes.
>>
>>9348057
That's pretty lame of them. Didn't they win with that act too?
>>
>>9348692
that article was marks perspective, not mine.
>>
>>9348652
>Fake is Sad is now allowed
Which is about time after refusing to work together with them and not taking their reports serious after one or two guys showed up anyway. Also TFA still had bootlegs being sold, but I agree this was a baby step in the right direction.

>It's been taken care off
We know, you guys already boasted about how great you were in handling things several times before. Here's a tip, try to be humble next time and when you publicly reflect on an event actually admit you still have things to improve rather saying this shit every time.

>Brian
Not me who did that, but this is why tripcodes are a thing.

>Send an email
Right, because people are totally going to take the time to look up an email address to send feedback. We've been over this before, if you want feedback create a survey and email it to everyone who bought a ticket or post it on FB. Maybe throw in a giveaway of X tickets as an incentive to fill it in and you're set.

>Animecon stuff
We're talking Tomo, not Animecon. Stop trying to justify shit or making you feel singled out by pointing at other cons every time we post something about bad Tomo.
>>
>>9348652
Look, the simple fact is that you guys are a relatively young player on the scene with several events a year that nicely fills up the off-con season. This, combined with the perfect price:quality ratio (pay little, receive little) and the reputation you have with the younger audience gives you a lot of potential to grow. Unfortunately this potential mostly goes untapped which is a real shame, especially with all the feedback we've given your events over the past year. But yet, you play all of this off as unfair bantering, refusing to listen and trying to spin things around time after time. So yeah, we might be a bit harsher on you than on the "one event a year" cons, but for the right reasons. It's tough love, learn to deal with it and grow great and strong or keep sticking your heads in the sand and stay shit.
>>
>>9348097
let's just ignore her then
>>
>>9348748
>We're talking Tomo, not Animecon.
which proves my point
>>
>>9348748
>Right, because people are totally going to take the time to look up an email address to send feedback. We've been over this before, if you want feedback create a survey and email it to everyone who bought a ticket or post it on FB. Maybe throw in a giveaway of X tickets as an incentive to fill it in and you're set.

<<I have a better idea:
>>
>>9348772
There has been talk about Abunai, Animecon DCC etc but most of them only hold one event a year. The trend is that people talk about upcoming cons or afterwards, but not the whole year. You host events in every season of the year, thus you will be discussed more frequently.
>>
>>9348773
>>
>>9348772
What point? That we are more likely to discuss the events by an organisation that hosts several events a year?

>>9348773
>Serious suggestion that has proven to work for the other cons
>Let's give a smug reply
It's almost as if you want us to keep hating on you.
>>
>>9348773
>>9348778
Also nice samefagging. The only person you're burning is yourself. Even when we're being serious you can't stop behaving like a 12 year old. So to the Anon who originally asked why we hate on Tomo so much, you now have your answer.
>>
>>9348697
Yeah they did. Kinda weird right?
>>
>>9348019
>>9348052
>>9348057
>>9348697
>>9348789
Samefag, also why don't you finally tell us why you have this vendetta going on?
>>
>>9348773
You're pathetic, dude.
>>
>>9348697
Fucked up if that's true.
>>
>>9348773
And you expect people to like your convention's attitude....
>>
>>9348820
Yea but he isn't even from the convention xD (yea I know who he is =3 )
>>
>>9348817
They did win something but i dont think anyone noticed the copying
>>
>>9348773
Why do people even believe you, you're probably just some random dude falseflagging
>>
File: Screenshot_20170208-174508.jpg (301KB, 1416x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170208-174508.jpg
301KB, 1416x720px
>>9348792
Sure dude.
>>
File: Tomof.png (98KB, 578x762px) Image search: [Google]
Tomof.png
98KB, 578x762px
>>9348652
>It's also quite sad that the mr bentou fight from animecon and the fact that they had a "special discount" on the sushi (the freezer was broken!!), the bad karaoke last year and other problems aren't mentioned at all.no con is perfect, everybody makes mistakes, learns from them and improves on them.The general trend here is, that tomo is the elephant in the room and is pissed on more than anything else here, but issues from other cons are forgivable and go without notice
Cry me a river.
As an oldfag, the difference between you and Animecon is that they acknowledge the issues within days, give the explanation and solve it in the following year. 5 years ago it wasn't anything different.
Abunai had someone here as well. I clearly remember that within a day of comments that there was no schedule, they posted it online. But they still get shit about how they screw up the hotelrooms every year.

But neither organisation starts publically taking the piss on another convention.

Point is: clean up your own mess before pointing to others.
>>
>>9348817
I wouldn't call it copying the whole act. They used the same characters with the same idea and the same song but eventually did something else?

Nevermind.. sounds like copying at least a part. Weird.
Liked the one at FACTS better.
>>
guys, please!
it starts to look like this now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxYgcM4ftiQ
>>
>>9348822
>>9348864
>it's not tomo being petulant children again u guise ure being rused by le ebin troll xD
>>
>>9348959
>Taking bait just because it validates your opinion

See how the """"Tomo"""""guy didn't respond after I called him out, odd right? :^)

Unless the guy post some proof, I don't see why someone would bother with him, especially if you let him get under your skin.
>>
>>9348972
>>9348959
You know who really gets under my skin?

Wallonians.
>>
>>9348885
Although I don't think ever comment was from the same person. Posting screen shots of the (You)'s means jack shit because someone could switch devices.
>>
>>9348916
True, I liked the one at FACTS alot better too. And although they didnt copy the whole thing, they could've just used another song. I mean, how many burlesque songs are there
>>
>>9348972
Sometimes you guys can't be helped an therefore its better to stay silent. I was just trolling with that picture, never meant it. It's just funny to see you guys take everything so seriously.
>>
>>9349091
>I was only pretending to be retarded
Whatever helps you sleep at night Anon.
>>
File: 131162293775.gif (129KB, 472x482px) Image search: [Google]
131162293775.gif
129KB, 472x482px
>Just 85 more posts until the worst thread we've ever had dies
>>
File: Ben angry.gif (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ben angry.gif
2MB, 500x250px
>>9349109
And it started off pretty well...
>>
File: package.png (47KB, 1485x423px) Image search: [Google]
package.png
47KB, 1485x423px
>>9349109
>>9349117
p much so i'm gonna post something that isn't ranting at people and cons

>>9343754
>>9344319

So the last bits for the materials needed for the smoke machine haven't been delivered yet, and somehow one of them has been on an airplane for a good week now according to tracking...
Hope I'll get them soon!
>>
>>9349091
>>9348959
>le ebin tomo trolololol and u fell 4 it!!!1 xD
>>
>>9349128
Awesome! I'm eager to see how it goes.

>>9348822
>>9348959
>>9349200
Stop using 'xD', you look like a tool.
>>
>>9349230
What's irony?
>>
>>9349230
>being this trolled xD
>>
>>9349241
>Being this cringy
Let me guess, all of this was the highlight of your day?
>>
>>9349051
>>9348916
Where can I see those acts? I want to compare.
>>
>>9349109
I would say we already had worse threads but the best thing we can do is just forget about it.

The big cons are still so far away that there isn't too much to talk about.
I would love to add some WIP for animecon as well but I'm a little worried people will look at me weird when I'm at the animecon cosplay compo. Besides my Cosplay stuff is really dragging right now because of other personal stuff.

I just hope I can pull off a nice act. I have the feeling it's always hit or miss if people like it/ understand it or not. Speaking of which: what kind of skits do you guys prefer? More dialog and story based or music with atmosphere ? Or action and choreography maybe?.
>>
>>9349370
I personally detest dialogue skits. Usually it is this video playing in the background and the cosplayer(s) sitting/standing/vaguely acting and looking pretty.
Now to why I hate them, I usually can barely hear the whole thing. Cons are rowdy, with sounds coming from all places, audio systems often not up to par.
Also a conversation is supposed to stand out for me? No thank you, gimme something funny or impressive.
>>
>>9349425
>>9349370
Funny, I was about to echo the opposite sentiment. If a skit is just someone strutting around waving their prop in the air to some suspenseful music I literally couldn't care less. Dialogue or out, please. At least that way I have something to entertainment. If you're going to choreograph an actually impressive fight scene or dance or something, sure, but most people fail at the actually impressive part.
>>
>>9349370
I don't really have a preference, nor do I have any stage experience. However after watching competitions for 8 years the one thing I noticed is that all the best/memorable acts felt dynamic and/or interacted with the audience somehow.
Take "dialogue and story based" acts for instance. Too many cosplayers end up using a (ripped) voice-over while aimlessly walking around the stage or just doing some poses. That shit is boring to watch once, let alone watching it for 3 acts in a row. By then all I can think is "next!" or nothing because I've fallen asleep. Get some stage props to interact with, interact with the music/video or find a way to incorporate the audience into your act. Last year we had that Hunger Games act and while their "under your seats" thing was a gimmick, it worked brilliantly. People felt included, it broke the "I've been sitting still for too long" boredom and I somehow still haven't forgotten that act.
Action acts are harder to pull off right in my opinion, especially during solo's. Attacking thin air just doesn't look that impressive, in fact it looks kinda silly. So again stage props or utilizing the video feed can make all the difference. Even hitting a foam training dummy is better than hitting thin air and acting like an enemy is there in my opinion. And never, never run on the stage and immediately start fighting. Have some introduction leading to your fight, that alone makes it a thousand times more engaging to watch. Dances can be nice, but are typically poorly performed. So unless you're fit and already have the moves like Jagger don't even think you can just pull it off with little to no practice.
And finally, never underestimate the importance of clear audio (no clipping, clipping is bad, why are people messing this up?!) and nice video. /insomnia induced rant
>>
>>9349370
I really dislike skits that rely heavily on lore/story/anime because nine out of ten times, I haven't seen the series or game at all, so I don't even know what it is about.

So I second >>9349517. Get an introduction going, get the general gist of it going and then start doing your thing.

That said, this year I'm going for a choreographed dance with hula-hoop-techniques, but without the swinging. It's why I need to finish stuff ASAP and start practicing in the garden!
>>
>>9349275
Stop replying you retard.
>>
>>9349726
When performing an act, you have to make sure everyone can enjoy it.. and not only the people who recognise the series. A lot of contestants of competitions forget about this and that's why I usually avoid competitions.
>>
>>9349786
I admit I was guilty of this when I joined cosplay competitions back in the 00s. But back then competitions at Animecon and Abunai luckily were pretty lighthearted.
>>
>>9349517
The tech guy from Animecon offers to check your audio for you if you're unsure of quality. He also gave a very informative lecture about how to audio recording at Abunai last year.
>>
>>9349786
Also dont forget cultural and or language barrior.
The judges come from another country and so wont understand "typical dutch humor" or anything specific for one country
>>
File: ShantaeAnim.gif (326KB, 410x542px) Image search: [Google]
ShantaeAnim.gif
326KB, 410x542px
>>9349726
>a choreographed dance with hula-hoop-techniques
Please be Shantae...
>>
>>9349969
No unfortunately not.
>>
You know what I really want to post some cos progress bcs I genuinely enjoy talking here but I just don't have the gut to do it.
Some of my closer friend know I browse here but it just gives off such a bad stigma. This place has improved immensely over the past many months but to the community it's just the same, 'if you're on4chan shame on you'.
I envy prop anon for being in the English lands, it'd make it all much easier.
>>
>>9350285
I know the feeling, I wanted to ask for advice on a cosplay but I know it might reveal who I am . small community and all.
>>
>>9350285
>This place has improved immensely over the past many months but to the community it's just the same, 'if you're on 4chan shame on you'.
True, although it's not all that surprising. Most people assume all of 4chan is like /b/ and the ones who have been to /cgl/ only went here during times of drama. Quite ironic really, hating on us in public while simultaneously refreshing /cgl/ to catch up on all the juicy details during times of drama. But yeah, if you are or want to become someone in the community you're probably better off on keeping your presence here to yourself.
>>
>>9350285
>>9350308
I recognize a couple people, but I treat this as a completely different community. I'm sure people recognize me aswell. But so far I don't think anybody here (from the serious progress cosplayer posters) would get a chat elsewhere about 4chan, unless you're already close friends. So I don't mind people recognizing my WIP shots or anything.
>>
I'm the person, who asked for input on performances and I'm very pleasently surprised for the feedback.
I know it's alway hard to make a performance EVERYONE likes and that always makes me feel insecure. I had some good and bad performances in the past but you only really find out if the audience liked your skit AFTER the contest.
For animecon I have a story based skit planned but I try to make it as simple and understandable as possible. Just not sure if I just put in a few lines of introduction or more like a story telling narrative.

>>9350285
Same here! I think these Dutch threads aren't half bad. I'm not very active in the Dutch community and since I'm not very fond of Cosplay NL and facebook groups in general and some of the constructive cosplay talk is really nice. But there alway has to be THAT GUY, who has to bring up worthless drama and that is not good for reputation.

maybe we should just give some very vague hints about what we're doing. Every anon who can indentify us must approach us in private (so not everyone notices). The person, who was revealed, should give the anon a cookie. That seems fair enough.

This year for animecon it will be my first time I do a little more elaborate leather work. I hope it will turn out well. I will tell you the result.

Hope some guys will join the fun.
>>
>>9350285
Being in the English lands doesn't change anything. I'm pretty well known in the Dutch contestant 'scene'. I'm also pretty open about being on 4chan. But people just know what they can expect from me. I don't fight my vendetta's or problems out through anonymous shitposting. If there's something I don't like, I tell it to those people, because that solves the problem. But hey, I've long since passed the age of a 'teenager' or early 'tween'.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows who I am and I couldn't care less about it.
>>
>>9350285
I know quite a few people who hang around on 4chan, can't say I think any worse of them. It does make me slightly more guarded though, however all cosplayers do.

However, there is a girl I did decide to cut out of my life because of the stuff she has been saying about me on here. She was already iffy in person, but guess true colors show when they believe they are well hidden. No need for that negativity in my life. Why bother pretending to be my friend if you hate my guts?
>>
>>9350397
>I'm pretty sure everyone knows who I am and I couldn't care less about it.
i don't but i dont care lol
>>
A few people know I lurk on on here and occasionally post. Problem is, if I out myself here people are going to cause another shitstorm because nonsense has been spouted about me here before.
Anon can be a fickle beast.
>>
>>9350449
Hehehe
>>
>>9350285
I have this exact feeling, though I'm more on the Jfashion side of things. /cgl/ isn't as demonised as it used to be and I know some of the mods lurk here on occasion (hey you) but it's still kinda damaging to be known as someone who posts here. Not least because it might make the teenage memelords who also post here think you're one of them and try to involve you in their annoying fabricated drama.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the swap meet! Anyone else here going?
>>
I just discovered something very funny this week.
Both abunai and animecon have open positions so i asked what i would need to send in and what i should expect.
Abunai:
- Cv and motivation letter
- then you have a intake gesprek via skype.
- then a meeting with the team
- and then they will inform you within 2 weeks if you have the position

Animecon:
- just send us an email with your info and we'll call you.
- gets a call within 1 hour of sending email, got a nice explanation of what you have to do and what they expect. i now have 1 week to think about if i still want to volunteer,

I find this rather funny seeing as i always thought that animecon was "more professional/zakelijk" than abunai.
>>
>>9350875
Our intake is a little long in my opinion but it has proven pretty essential as people more often than not have no idea what the /actual/ workload is of the position they sign up for.
My own position is active work pretty much year round. I enjoy it greatly but it's more than I had expected originally.
>>
>>9350868
Gift swap meet? Then yes! I hope my gift will be liked. And I still have no idea what in the world I will wear, going for a red x white colour scheme or for something with roses and in that case what colour roses? Decisions.
>>
>>9350922
Seeing the people in the bestuur its not really working.
Plus that abunai is hemorrhaging good staf members left and right. And judging from the people walking around in staff shirts last year even pre-schoolers are allowed in.
>>
>>9350944
Did you only read the first half sentence of my post when you made your reply? I was talking workload awareness in our application, nothing else.
Also all our staff is at least 18+ though we don't hire people for age but for qualities(which is the same for Animecon).
I'm not one to judge how well people do in the end or what our reputation is. I just make the schedule(and a few things more).
>>
>>9350875
Just out of curiosity: What are you volunteering for?

I don't know about Abunai, but I have been gopher at AnimeCon for a few years. The people are quite nice and the staff is active as well. I can recommend you the experience.
>>
>>9350993
I know a lot of the Abu and Acon staff personally as i gopher for both. And there is a world of difference with haw the staff work and work together. Personaly i find Acon staff way nicer and harder workers.
Have never had problems with the schedule or staff members.
At abunai i got told of for not being able to skip school to do the first shift at the registration desk while i had told them upfront that i could only be at location after 8 pm.
They also told me of for not wanting to have 2 4 hour shifts on Saturday. I have the same requests at animecon and never had a problem.
>>
>>9351006
Again, I really wasn't talking about anything but workload awareness within the staff applications.
That being said, I very much understand where you're coming from, the Friday thing definitely rubs me the wrong way(and Saturday is the day people just want to have fun let's be real). I don't have a lot of contact with the gopher management staff though. All I can say is that work is being done to improve our staff structure and I fully support that you stand up for yourself.
>>
https://www.cosplayclues.nl/
We've got ourselves a new cosplay attributes shop. They have the same prices as minque for worbla/lenses though they're a lot cheaper for foam, make up, SE make-up and 'boetseer plastic'.
>>
>>9350942
lol yeah the gift swap one, sometimes I forget words
I hope my gift will be liked too! I don't really know the person I'm giving a gift to and her wishlist was kinda all over the place so hopefully I made a good choice.

The only valentine-like outfit I have is probably gonna be too cold so I don't think I'm even going to try to match a theme. Unless pink counts as matching the theme, because then I totally will.
>>
Think they will 'steal' a lot of Minque's customers?
>>
>>9351037
For foam, definitely, it's like half the price. For all the rest, we'll see.
>>
>want to work on sewing project
>also wan to eat Doritos
>fabric is white
anons pls what do
>>
>>9351045
Don't eat Doritos. And just go to the gym right after you're done sewing? :^)
>>
>>9351049
but muh cravings and I already went for a jog this morning
>>
>>9351054
Rise above it breh, the fact you're talking about it means you know you don't actually want to do it. Atleast not when you're done doing it.

You're better than the cravings anon, have a cup of coffee or tea, maybe a very light snack.

Bulking season is over, gotta get used to no-snacking.
>>
>>9350993
"Workload awareness" was also something we talked about. How much time they expect me to put in and such, but basically I'm responsible for my own work.
But i really like that she said that i don't need to forget that i'm doing this voluntarily and that personal life comes first, and that if i have any issues or cant finish a task to give her a heads up and she'll make sure things are done on time.
Which for me is very reassuring seeing as I'm still in school.
>>
Waiting for horn to dry so I can vacform it takes ages. And I need /one/ horn first before I can do the other side due to symmetry issues. Meh. I wanted to sew tonight as well but there's no light in my sewing machine & I still need to buy a nice shiny desk lamp.
>>
So NozLan posted their pics online. I always feel a bit better scrolling through really awkward photos looking for my (little less awkward-looking) own.
>>
>>9351335
I look so bad in pictures it's always a gamble to get them taken. And yeah, the NozLan picture looks awful. I look much fatter than I am, with a big double chin even though I lost weight recently, not to get started on how warped my face looks. I don't understand how one person can be so unphotogenic, but I apologise for contributing to the awkward.
>>
>>9351335
>>9351402
Part of me does NozLan pics as a tradition, but the other part of me thinks the quality is really not that great. They're pretty basic snaps and I'd rather have good pics shot outside with a good composition.
>>
>>9351402
>I look so bad in pictures it's always a gamble to get them taken.
this is why i wear masks or helms mostly
>>
>>9351036 #
Different anon but
>her wishlist was kinda all over the place
The person I got didn't have a wishlist, but I think it was a bit unclear where to put your wishlist from what I remember, there were just questions about your style and what you like, and she interpreted it as 'what you like to do'
>>
>>9352384
I might have been the anon with the all over the place wishlist. I figured Id be as inclusive as possible since a lot makes me happy.

The person I got had a pretty general list too, as far as liking both main 3 substyles equally and not noting much else.
>>
>>9352386
I feel bad now because I didn't include a wishlist at all. I'm stupid so I didn't realise not having a wishlist would make it more difficult to find me a gift. I just couldn't think of anything I wanted and didn't want to make the organiser wait.
>>
>>9352384
Wishlist was probably the wrong word. It was more like her preferences were all over the place. She liked nearly everything but then her 'dislikes' were kinda vague and overlapped with her likes. For example she said she likes OTT sweet but dislikes things that are tacky and childish. But what's your definition of tacky or childish? To someone not into OTT sweet, the style itself looks tacky and childish. It makes it hard to understand what kind of stuff she'll like or thinks is ugly. I hope the gift I bought fits her style, otherwise she can just sell it again lol
>>
>>9352408
Whew, that isn't me, luckily
>>9352397
Don't feel bad anon, I found something pretty fitting for my giftee in the end.
>>
File: IMG_20170211_144046.jpg (303KB, 1439x1955px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170211_144046.jpg
303KB, 1439x1955px
Nishicon just announced their next edition, January 2018. Seems like they are going for the title of main winter convention.
>>
File: bingo_v2.png (337KB, 933x1047px) Image search: [Google]
bingo_v2.png
337KB, 933x1047px
As promised, here is a fixed version of the bingo chart.
>>
>>9351037
What happened with Proptimum. Didn’t they also sale cosplay/craft materials?
>>
>>9352585
Proptimum has always had inferior quality materials. I hated their blue thermoplastic
>>
I've bought a fair amount of blue thermoplastic, still need to try it out. Worbla breaks too easily
>>
>>9352804
I love the thermoplast robuust! It is not comparable to worbla, since it has a different purpose. The mesh in it prevents it being equally pliable as worbla, but on the other hand if you need something to be thin as fuck and strong and solid, the blue stuff is your man!

I used it for fake boobies, wings and ninja armor pieces (which are thinner than the so called waste much foam sandwhich method)
>>
>>9352804
I thought their foam was pretty good?
>>
>>9352539
oh you :-p
>>
>>9353663
>>
>>9353663
Bing probably has it
>>
>>9353663
I suggest pornhub parodies, like suicide squad
>>
anyone going to made in asia?
>>
>> 2855099
Seems like /ic/ has been shitting on Cyarin for a while now, which made me wonder what people here think of her.
>>
>>9353960

>>2855099
fucked up sorry
>>
>>9353771
Still in doubt. It is an OK event, but it is always so busy.
>>
Are there any other good events for big costumes besides elfia and animecon?
>>
>>9354028
Abunai?
>>
Not abunai, those hallways are way too small to waltz around in while wearing big costumes. Castlefest is outside?
>>
>>9354028
Castlefest?
>>
>>9354028
Define "big costume".
>>
>>9354028
I liked atsusacon
>>
>>9354028
>>9354099

You could go to terracon... You'll have enough space for any cosplay since you'll have a completely empty hall all to yourself
>>
>>9354739
Savage af
>>
>>9354099
probably larger than 2 meters. something you have trouble getting through a door.
>>
>>9354941
>Animecon; should work fine but do be careful around the stairs. With all the food stands there it's a hell to get through even without a costume.
>Abunai; could work although I'd recommend having an entourage to safely get you around. Also hot AF, would not recommend wearing a big sweaty armour there unless you've done cooling solution or feel like dying early.
>All the Comic Cons; definitely doable but you really need an entourage here unless you want impatient people to break your shit.
>Elfia and Castlefest; shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the weather on your side.
>TomoCon/Fair; too crowded for big costumes.
>Nishicon; from what I can remember the hallways were a bit small (haven't been there since Animecon), plus if you don't fit inside the elevator you're going to have a bad time. Would not recommend.
>All the small new cons; you're on your own, but personally I wouldn't recommend it.

>>9354739
Best idea ever, just imagine the photoshoot opportunities! Who doesn't want to see a 2m tall dragon eat haggis?
>>
>>9354997
Thanks so much for the list!

>>9354099
Wings + big sword

I also heard some cons won't let you in if you're wider than 2 metres. Pretty bummed out by that, is that a general rule or does it really depend on the con?
>>
>>9355315
I think the general rule is; wider than 2m is fine, as long as you do it outside and can collapse the costume 'inside'.

Sidenote; do people want to see sculpting timelapses?
>>
>>9355315
It really depends on the con and costume in question so make sure to check the house rules beforehand. But in general big props are allowed although you'll have to drop them off if you want to enter the dealer room, game room or main stage. Costumes a bit more tricky, so if you can't fit through your front door you're probably best off contacting a staff member beforehand. Most cons don't make a fuzz about it unless you're really overdoing it, but it never hurts to ask. Also you might be not allowed in at the competitions (unless you're competing of course), but friendly suggesting you'll go sit all the way in the back where you won't block anyone's view gets you a long way. Or well, at least it does at Animecon.
>>
File: shinji.png (138KB, 299x346px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.png
138KB, 299x346px
Current thread is on auto-sage, a new thread can be found at >>9355496
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.