[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vivienne Westwood and Lolita Fashion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: viviennewestwoodbag.jpg (259KB, 615x1200px) Image search: [Google]
viviennewestwoodbag.jpg
259KB, 615x1200px
Can someone explain some of the history and background of Vivienne Westwood in lolita fashion?

General for Vivienne Westwood related coords and post any items from the brand that work well within lolita.
>>
File: bodylinevw.jpg (174KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
bodylinevw.jpg
174KB, 682x1023px
Was there ever any drama over this Vivienne Westwood Bodyline replica back in the day?
>>
>>9340356
This is a Nana cosplay

Nana wears vw
>>
VW made rocking horse shoes so theres that

in general some of her shit works for punks and goths which were cultures and styles japanese lolitas tended to follow back in the day so theres that.
>>
>>9340345
Japanese girls wear Vivienne Westwood accessories. NANA was influential to many style subfashions. It is as simple as that. Vivienne Westwood herself met some lolitas a few years ago.
>>
I understood the beginnings as VW designs happened to make a huge splash in Japan. She was a pioneer for commercial punk fashion (making shit with ironic swastikas on it, ) but also playing with things that are normally cute or femme like rocking horses, hearts, etc.
VK is huge in 90s, putting certain VW items more in the spotlight.
Here comes gothic lolita, emerging as a decadent, almost abrasive fashion made of cute innocent stuff turned sour.
As a fashion rooted in brand loyalty/quality, the edgier styles like gothic and punk obviously draw from one of the biggest brands: VW and her SexyDynamiteLondon.

Her stuff is on the rare side and pricey like Alice Auaa, so it does also become a case of status. Loliable stuff for sure, but very rooted in 90s Japan fashion and great for showing off

This is just how I understand it from what I've pieced together. Take with a grain of gull
>>
to quickly paraphrase the entire chapter on her in my fashion history textbook, VW was the first notable mainstream designer to be influenced by street style like literally poor teens in London doing cool punk shit. Before her, fashion had always started with the ultra-rich (couture houses) and trickled down to the middle class and eventually the poor. Think Marie Antoinette giving her out of style dresses to her maids who would then give last seasons dress to their poorer relatives and so on.

she was the first major design house to give validity and attention to street style and for the first time, we witnessed fashion having a trickle up effect. It seems kind of commonplace now since designers like Marc Jacobs and Jeremy Scott shamelessly rip off street trends, but at the time it was groundbreaking. Fans of streetstyle and girls in harajuku who are out there making new trends happen that we haven't even dreamed of still have respect for the OG queen.
>>
File: HolyLanternLG3-1024x1024.jpg (240KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HolyLanternLG3-1024x1024.jpg
240KB, 1024x1024px
Lauran is a goldmine for coords that use Westwood pieces.
1/4
>>
File: harristweedlovejacketsm-875x1024.jpg (186KB, 875x1024px) Image search: [Google]
harristweedlovejacketsm-875x1024.jpg
186KB, 875x1024px
>>9340471
2/4

This one is pretty much all vw
>>
File: Noble-Du-Chat-Jupe-SM.jpg (235KB, 987x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Noble-Du-Chat-Jupe-SM.jpg
235KB, 987x1080px
>>9340495
3/4
>>
File: oldmetavelveteenlongopsm.jpg (374KB, 990x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oldmetavelveteenlongopsm.jpg
374KB, 990x1080px
>>9340500
4/4
EGA
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.