[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 19

File: tmp_12790-pop284102806.jpg (491KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12790-pop284102806.jpg
491KB, 595x842px
Last thread is dead.
In other news, AP is at it again.
>>
>>9340264
Why is it so ugly
>>
>>9340264
>Memolial Library
>>
>>9340264
I want to like it. But the print looks really huge on the skirt. I think they needed to cut it down to about half the size. Or do something to cut down on the height since the books don't look good practically touching the waistline.
>>
>>9340264
That little tie is a new kind of awful.
>>
>>9340264
I know there's book and library print lovers. Maybe this will appeal to them? I'm really underwhelmed, though.
>>
>>9340264
Is AP USA going to release British crown?
>>
I really like the belt in the dresses.
>>
>>9340299
lmao you're like a week late
>>
>>9340296
I am one such book print lover, I find it hard to resist them. But we're reaching a good saturation of them between classics like JetJ and JM's book prints, IW's Royal Library (better than Strahov imo), lots of Taobao and Indie groups doing their own takes...we can be picky now. And while AP's latest attempt is better than some I've seen, I've also seen a lot better. I've personally decided I just need to get JetJ's La Bibliotheque or Surface Spell's Dusk Library, they're the best.
>>
>>9340264
This legit looks like something you'd get off taobao for maybe $60, if that. Definitely doesn't look high quality or that it's worth hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>9340277
I'm dead forever
>>
>>9340264
Does anyone know the length of the dresses?
>>
>>9340264
I wanted the OTKs until I saw the gratuitous bear. Why
>>
>>9340264
This feel very Meta desu
>>
>>9340319
Did they already release it? I didn't see anyone mention it here or on twitter, so I wasn't sure.
>>
>>9340498
yup

every single piece was bought out which is probably why you don't see the print on the USA website. it was a bloodbath.
>>
>>9340277
It's an endearing name and all because lol engrish but ffs it's 2017 do they not have a single person who can proof read these names with actual accuracy?
>>
What would you do if a japanese seller sells a dress with a damage that is not disclosed?

I'm eyeing a Melty Chocolate JSK in my preferred colorway, but I just noticed a missing front bow. The description doesn't mention the missing bow and the price doesn't reflect it. I know that some sellers still have missing pieces that are just not shown, but I don't know how to go on since I'd need to ask my shopping service to handle it. I definitely wouldn't pay the rice they are asking for a JSK with a missing bow.
>>
File: moitie.png (396KB, 1009x469px) Image search: [Google]
moitie.png
396KB, 1009x469px
This looks like good news for Moitie! I hope if they do well, they'll start putting out more releases again.

Also, remember to send in questions to Mana-sama. What will you be asking?
>>
File: mana_moi_dix_mois_178785.jpg (50KB, 456x684px) Image search: [Google]
mana_moi_dix_mois_178785.jpg
50KB, 456x684px
>>9340819
oh my god

oh my god

oh my gothic god
>>
>>9340819
>>9340821
Oh my goth

Mana plz. I have no questions. But plz. More releases.
>>
>>9340819
God has listened to our prayers
>>
>>9340819
This is the greatest thing that's happened for the gothic lolita crowd in a long time, IMO. I'm so happy.
>>
>>9340819
ask him if Holy Lantern is gothic
>>
What do you gulls think about closet child's original petticoats? Would you reccomend getting it? I'm thinking about the one for 6000¥
>>
>>9340856
I would also like to know about this.
>>
Is LM dying or something? Or did everything on the lolita second hand market come to a stop?

I've had items up for months, at really decent prices imo, and I keep seeing the same items relisted over and over again.
>>
This is a weird question but are there any frilly folks in recovery from addiction/alcoholism? I need sober friends that I have other things in common with besides sobriety.
>>
>>9340856
They are in the same price range as some Japanese indie brands and I would rather support them
>>
>>9340889
people have been asking this question with regularity for a couple years now
>>
>>9340856
I bought their super gorgeous pannier about two and a half years ago and still use it regularly, so I guess it has served me well for the price. It has deflated a lot, but the sheer number of layers of material still gives it some volume and I also like it for layering. I have some other cheap petticoats that are volumy but give terrible shape, never had that problem with this one. In short, personally I like it well enough. Maybe I should give their new super gorgeous pannier a try, but am also considering Wunderwelt's.
>>
>>9340819
Let's all ask him if he would consider going to an event in Europe, like he could perform at the next SFE event with moi dix mois or just have a panel just.. he loves Europe, he needs to come here already.
>>
>>9340903
Considering he doesn't speak in public, a panel might not be ideal for him...
>>
>>9340909
Oh I think I used the wrong word sorry, English is not my first language. I just meant he could sell Moitie at events if he doesn't want to be there himself
>>
>>9340264
I love the cut of the OP a lot
Maybe that's just my taste, but it's finally an AP piece that has nice cuts and design again
>>
>>9340889
With how buggy LM has been for the past few years I stopped using it and just go through FB sales, it's so much easier to deal with, maybe that's what other people are doing?
>>
>>9340797

First, have your SS check if the bow is included (assuming you already translated the description and it doesn't clarify).

If it doesn't -- and where it gets hairy -- most shopping services won't bargain on your behalf, unless you're on very good terms with your SS (I'm guessing you're not though, if you needed to ask cgl this question instead of asking your own SS directly). What makes it hairier is that Japanese sellers vary as much as Western ones, some of them straight up won't bargain, missing bow or not. So if the bow is missing, you're probably better off making your peace with that, or passing on the dress. Maybe consider making a WTB on the old egl sales comm or LSE, there's gotta be some girls who still have Metly Chocloate and will be happy to get rid of it.
>>
File: 20161216逕サ蜒・w-19276-03.jpg (101KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
20161216逕サ蜒・w-19276-03.jpg
101KB, 700x700px
Does anyone know if there is a way of repairing brand bags? I've had bags from IW, Baby, and now AP that eventually loose their top layer of color and I was wondering if I can fix it or do something to help prevent it? I'm a daily Lolita so I'm out and about with my bags a lot.
>>
>>9340889
Pretty sure it's because people refuse to lower prices. I still continue to buy there, but only if it's a good price. I have a lot of items on my watchlist, but those users aren't budging. Eventually after a bunch of relists with same price, I just remove them because the notifications via email get annoying. I can't believe people trust others on Facebook sales though. That lack of feedback.
>>
>>9340976
The description is pretty short and doesn't mention anything about a missing bow (they even say they've never worn it). It's not like I wouldn't ask my ss to bargain, I've asked them before and they successfully got my item cheaper, but I don't know about the bow thing, because I don't think it's detachable so it has to be a defect. I don't want to bother my ss with a seller who's trying to pass a defected dress as a never worn, NWOT tag dress (which it looks like according to the description).

I already made a WTB some time ago, but I'm after that ivory x brown colorway that's hard to get and usually gets scalped.
>>
>>9340988
Might just be my experience, but I've had more problems with a lacemarket than Facebook with shady sellers/flaky buyers. I feel like it's easier to hide behind lacemarket than Facebook
>>
>>9340819
yes bitch!
>>
>>9340889
If you want to sell on LM you need to be cheap. I have no problems finding buyers on LM and facebook, because my items are a lot cheaper than others. The only reason I can price them like that is because I buy just as cheap/cheaper on mercari and fril. If it's not a really desired dress you have no chance. And even then, around the new year it's really hard to sell, because people spend their money on lucky packs and winter sales. I saw two listings of Melty Ribbon Chocolate for the going prices and they didn't sell. Last year around summer you had to fight people to get it.
>>
>>9340856
I have one, and I like it a lot! It feels very 'solid' compared to my classic puppets petti, which is 1 gathered layer of chiffon held together by an elastic band, which started to fall apart after 3 or so wears. The cc petti is better made, has a lot more layers and provides better shape imo
>>
>>9340264
I love the print and the colours, but I hate the bodice on the JSK. I wish it was a more simple looking bodice, and I'm not digging the faux belt.
>>
>>9340889
I've had luck with the last two dresses I've listed. both sold within a day of listing them. However, I list my items competitively knowing that the supply is waaaaaay greater than the demand right now.
>>
>>9340985
This happens because they're pleather, which has a layer of textile under a layer of plastic. The textile flexes more than the plastic, which eventually wears down over time. There's not much you can do to prevent it, although you can repair it when it starts to happen with a leather repair kit in the right color.

If you're a daily lolita, I'd recommend getting nice leather bags for daily use and reserving your brand bags for special occasions. Leather will hold up better in the long run.

This is why people say that brand shoes and bags are rip off. They're way too expensive for bags that just aren't that great.
>>
>>9340988
Why don't you just send them an offer? They might be willing to lower the price if you ask.
>>
>>9340890
I know bowsbeforeboyss has been sober for a while after she used to drink. I've had issues w it too, you can email me if you want anon. I'm not going completely sober but trying to cut back a lot.
>>
>>9341001
In your opinion, do you think it's better to sell at a price that equals what they would buy on Y!A or Mercari with shipping included? Or keep it at the price they'd get it at on those sites without the shipping cost added? I hope that question made sense.
>>
>>9340999
With feedback? I can't see how it'd be easier to hide. Facebook has no feedback in place. I've only heard horror stories of sellers taking months to get back to you on FB. I've only had one issue on LM and Paypal took my side (dress was damaged).
>>
>>9341030
It's generally the listings without the "make an offer" box selected. Or it's a known reseller that hardly ever lowers the price. It's also that I'm in no hurry to buy the items.
>>
>>9341034
Thanks anon. You shall hear from me when I get back from my meeting <3
>>
File: bearbook.jpg (100KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
bearbook.jpg
100KB, 720x960px
>>9340504
It was all sold out on AP's japan site too. I can't tell if it was a real bloodbath, or they just significantly reduced their stock again, since it's such a meh print.
On another note, I think AP is done with their cross obsession and is now moving into the British/ British bear obsession. Which is pretty boring since thats just Innocent World 2.0 but cuter..

I will happily be saving my money until this gets played out and they find a new "thing".
>>
>>9340889
Western buyers still seem to think that their dresses cost retail and more. I regularly find the same dresses on the japanese market and second hand stores for hundreds less. They really need to adapt because seven year old sweet dresses are not worth $200-300 anymore, and many new releases aren't scalping princes anymore either.
>>
>>9341036
You can try to sell it with shipping included, but it might still take a while to get any bites. If you price like the japanese do you will find buyers pretty quickly.
>>
>>9340498
British Crown sold out everywhere and looking at their limited reservation I think they reduced their stock again. I think there were just too many prints not selling out last year, so they rather have a bloodbath with some limited reservations instead of big MTOs.

On another note, I wonder if we will get another nice rerelease this year. Lately they've been really listening to their customers with the rereleases and MTOs. I bet Misty Sky will return for another round and I wonder if Romantic Rose Letter might be on the rerelease list. I'm really hoping for Cat's Tea Party, but that would be too much of a miracle.
>>
>>9340988
With facebook it's usually pretty easy to tell they don't have a fake profile and I don't expect someone would scam me using their real name. I've been scammed by someone on LM who had positive feedback.
>>
I fit brand moderately well, everywhere except the armholes. On blouses, on OPs. I guess my arm is too big. I'm currently losing weight (down 3 pounds this week and hoping to lose 12-17 more) but is there anything I can specifically do to make my arms smaller?
>>
>>9341126
Negatory, spot reducing is impossible, regardless of what you see on blogs or magazines. The best thing to do would be to increase your cardio workouts to burn more fat and do light arm weight training to tone your biceps. I know some girls who have larger biceps will have a seamstress add a small split on the underside of OP sleeves to give them more breathing room and it's hardly noticeable (of it's a short sleeve OP)
>>
>>9341126
Not really. Pay attention to arm opening measurements (its something that lolibrary lists sometimes) and avoid OPs. Get blouses from western shops or from places that do custom garments. If something is only slightly too small, look for jackets or cardigans to cover up the sleeves so it doesn't look ill fitting.
>>
>>9341126
Are your arms flabby big or just big? I found that consistently doing tricep exercises helps get rid of the flab. You can literally do them while sitting and watching tv.
>>
>>9340889
I've had shit rot for a few months at a time, and ended up lowering prices $5 every couple of weeks. Eventually everything sold but yeah, it's gonna take some time if it's not something that's super in demand or stupidly rare and you're not changing your pricing.

I've certainly shelled around the retail asking price for certain dresses that've been relisted a few times, but I've also checked the other markets and have gauged how difficult it is to find the piece before I did so. Always comes down to time vs money.
>>
>>9340889
I have a couple dresses listed and not sold. They're a fair price based on lisymtings from CC but 1, I'm in no rush to sell, 2, having open listings with all the info easy to see gives a better presentation when I'm offering them up for trades. Someone will eventually bite, or I'll host an event, take 50 off the top of admissions and use them as raffle prizes.
>>
>>9341182
> I'll host an event, take 50 off the top of admissions and use them as raffle prizes.

That seems shady af to make money off of people who are attending an event, and might not even be in the raffle.
>>
>>9341116
Their real name is also in Paypal anon. It's pretty hard to get scammed though if you're following PP and LM rules though.
>>
I just noticed Lorina Liddell closed down. I don't know if it's old news now but I'm so sad about it.

>>9341220
You don't have to use your real name in PP.
>>
>>9341079
i think it was pretty bloodbathy because almost every lolita friend i have tried to get british crown. it was the most anticipated print for a lot of people. i'm a diehard sweet so i just watched from the sidelines and comforted those who couldn't get it

though i'm sure the reduced stock didn't help either
>>
>>9341114
AP has never rereleased an Imai Kira collab
>>
>>9340889
I don't have an issue, but like some other anons said, I price to sell. I don't give my stuff away, but I understand at the end of the day I am selling a USED garment.
>>
>>9341310
Really. Then how do you get packages and how do you connect it to your bank account or credit card?
>>
>>9341340
Well, looking on the auctions it's not being scalped so it wasn't a real bloodbath imo.
>>
>>9341126
Go with blouse + jsk/skirts. In my experience Japanese blouses are way more generous than dresses (because they're in only one size? Idk), and there will be no problem for most peoples arms unless you choose one with very tight sleeve design.
>>
>>9341363
Also to add to this, if you caa fit in general brand dresses I can't see how the blouse armholes can be too small for you. Maybe you can share the measurement and we'll have a better idea?
>>
What do people do with their brand when they die? I'm probably going to die soon and I'm at a loss. I've been thinking of selling it all and giving the money to my family but I don't think I have enough time. I don't have anybody who I can trust enough and who knows about lolita enough to do it for me. Giving it all away doesn't feel like an option because I don't have any close lolita friends who would actually remember me or appreciate it..

Maybe I'll get it all buried with me because it would be hilarious if somebody tried to rob my grave for brand.
>>
>>9341473
Sell it all and put the funds towards funeral costs.
>>
>>9341473
>I'm probably going to die soon
Can I ask how you know this? Are you sick? Or suicidal? Please seek help if it's the latter.
>>
>>9341477
That's what I'm thinking, I'm just worried there won't be enough time. Guess it's time to stop thinking and start selling. I'll probably save a coordinate to be buried in, but it's really hard to decide.

>>9341482
Don't worry, I'm just really sick. I received an estimate for how long I might have but I could probably kick the bucket sooner.
>>
>>9341493
Very sorry about your situation, I'd price everything the way you want it priced and put it all on LM/FB/BST thread and let your next of kin know how to work those platforms so they can take over the sales if you get worse/pass on.
>>
>>9341079
Does anyone else feel like AP is just highly influenced lately? They've borrowed from Baby, IW, Jane Marple, Larme, and been doing much more "classic" looks. I wouldn't mind AP doing their take on classic if it was more distinctly AP. They just feel like they've sort of lost their identity lately or otherwise rehash old concepts.
>>
>>9341493
What's wrong with you if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>9341493
That's terrible, anon, I'm sorry.
>>9341496
This is good advice.
>>
>>9340889
I did a closet cleaning recently and sold 90% of my listings. I don't think they were particularly rare or coveted things. I priced everything competitively based on the japanese market/closet child/past listings that sold. Also made sure I had nice pictures and thorough descriptions of the condition of the items.

I was surprised how quickly most things sold, actually.

For items that don't sell I relist once at full price and then lower the price by $20 (maybe less for cheaper items) each time I relist. Usually if I get an offer that's not completely ridiculous I'll take it. A dress is only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.
>>
>>9341496
That's a really good idea, thanks anon. I'll make a spreadsheet right now and send it to some of my family members and work on listings soon.

>>9341525
I have ovarian cancer that was caught way too late. I like to joke that /cgl/ literally gave me cancer.

>>9341527
Thanks for your sympathy, gull. I had a lot of fun while it lasted!
>>
>>9341554
Can you describe the symptoms you got and how old are you? I'm really sorry if I'm being intrusive, but I have pretty bad health anxiety and that's one of my worries right now.

I wish the best for your remaining days, and it's nice that you can joke about it.
>>
>>9341554
You have my sympathies, I hope what time you have left is fantastic <3
>>
>>9341215
I'd be losing money in any case, might as well use the dress to make someone else happy anon. Also, around here raffles are run where everyone has a single ticket, and game prizes are done by merit. So, I understand your concern, but that's not what I'd be doing.
>>
>>9341554
Goodness. I'm sorry for your illness. Hang in there <3
>>
>>9341554
Hey anon, you're dying, but we love you. You'll likely get mentioned here and there for as long as the hivemind lives. You will be one of us for as long as it matters.
>>
Sorry in advance for derailing the thread a little bit, I appreciate the support.

If you had to choose a piece to be buried in, what would it be? I'm interested in what other gulls would choose.

>>9341558
I'm 23. The only symptoms I can say I really experienced were unexplained (at the time) weight loss and pain in my lower back. Like all things, please just consult your doctor instead of worrying about it. It's an uncommon condition but it's also very insidious. Best to find out now before it's too late and you end up like me! That might've been a little dark, sorry.

And thanks, anon. If I don't joke about it, I'll just be upset, and that's no way to live.

>>9341564
>>9341586
You're both very sweet, thank you for your kind thoughts!

>>9341587
That's oddly comforting and I appreciate it a lot. Thanks anon!
>>
>>9341596
horror garden
>>
>>9341596
Haha, I tend to spend a lot of time at the doctors. I had a breast cancer scare three years ago, and since then I've become extremely sensitive to any changes in my body. I'll get it checked out asap of course.

If I were to be buried in something, it'd probably have to be misty sky in lavender. Something whimsical and cheery.
>>
>>9341596
Just know that you're one of ours, and always will be.

Re: what to wear, choose whatever piece makes you happiest. Wear your dream dress, or something that holds fond memories for you, anything that you makes you smile.
>>
>>9341596
I'm so sorry about your situation, may your remaining days be filled with happiness. <3
>>
Well, this is depressing
>>
>>9341599
Cute choice! I kind of wish I had more gothic lolita so I could wear something more appropriate for the occasion.

>>9341600
I'm glad it was just a scare and I hope you're okay. I think whimsical and cheery will be the way I go because that's the way I am in life. Sweet or death!

>>9341607
I'm really happy, anon. And you're right. I think I might wear the first dress I ever got because I bought it when I had a lot of dreams for the future, but that's subject to change. It's a tough decision 'cuz I'm wearing it forever! If I were to come back as a ghost, what would I want to be seen in all the time? That's what I'm thinking.

>>9341716
Thank you anon! They will be. I'm going to make it a point to do the things I like best while I can. I want to eat a lot of my favorite desserts too, 'cuz I don't have to worry about my figure anymore.

>>9341717
Sorry for being such a downer anon, I just don't know where else to go with silly questions like these.
>>
>>9341516
I'm actually in the minority of those who liked their recent stuff and the cross frenzy, but i agree about the more recent releases like rosette 2.0, Baby-like overpriced lacemonsters, and the innocent world-like brittish stuff.

I think they need a new inspiration.
>>
>>9341554

I'm just another anon, but also sending you good wishes for the the rest of your time around here.
>>
>>9340264
Wow the books go really high don't they.
>>
>>9341784
Wow anon you're so good humoured. I wish we were friends.
>>
Does anyone know around what time Romantic Cat is going to be released?
>>
>>9341794
I wish they would go back to making some nice quality floral prints instead of trying to out-lace Baby with their nonprints. Rose Museum looked like 90s clipart.

>>9341833
There are still a couple prints that have been previewed but not yet released, so given a one print per week schedule, this could be out within the month.
>>
>>9341554
I'm sorry about that gull, you're honestly brave to find the courage to joke about it. I hope you can have a nice time while you're still there. Even though we don't know you, we will never forgetti ;_;7
>>
>>9341596
I think I would love to be buried in meta sailor series head to toe don't care which year as long as it is cute.
Though if I were to be in a more cynical mood then I would go with cat's tea party.
>>
Does anyone remember those threads we had where people would recommend cute/lolita related stuff (shops, cafes etc.) to do in their country/city? I've tried looking for them in the archives but I haven't found them yet, so if anyone could link me or can remember the name of the thread I would be grateful.
Thanks in advance
>>
>>9341784
Make sure someone posts your open casket shot to CoF

Jokes aside, I hope your remaining time is filled with family, friends and wonderful food
>>
I'm trying to change my everyday wardrobe to work with my lolita pieces.
If I'm getting a pair of jeans, which style would look best? I know it's not a thing that really meshes, but I need 2 pairs of jeans.
>>
>>9341967
anon, i know this might be bait but

do you absolutely have to wear jeans or something? why not skirts or at least some sukapan? i guess you could pull off a cutsew or blouse with jeans, but it's not going to allude to lolita at all. there's no such thing as ~lolita jeans~
>>
>>9341794
I agree that I like their use of things not pastel sugar vomit, but I wish they wouldn't borrow so heavily from other brands. They can do navy, teal, and bordeaux just fine without making it look like IW classic lolita.
>>
>>9341784
anonn, i'll never forget you, sorry for your situation. may your remaining days be wonderful
>>
>>9341967
Jeans with frills or lace. I have to wear jeans at work too and I alter them myself
>>
>>9341784
You're so cheery anon! You're so strong for being so positive even during this time. I hope your remaining days are filled with lots sweets!
>>
>>9340277
More like memoFAIL library
>>
does anyone know the sizing of rosemarie soir's shoes? Specifically the L size?
>>
>>9341473
Very sorry to hear this anon. Maybe you could set them up as a "luckypack" as sorts and sell them as a discounted rate? That way it should help them move faster. But the other anon's tip of passing it to your next of kin to manage makes sense too. It might help them with letting go but also could be really painful.
Either way I hope you will be able to leave peacefully and painlessly...
>>
>>9341867
I would go in top to toe Moitie and in an iron gate jsk. Fit might not be great but they could always hack chunks of me so I can fit into it.
Damn...this thread got dark fast.
>>
>>9341784
>>9341554
Sorry to derail the thread more but anon, even thought you have probably already thought of it, try to include photos in your spreadsheet so you family know what's what. Just grab photos from lolibrary or google, don't waste any of your precious time on it.

I actually think about this a lot,and think about writing a guide for my parents to sell stuff for funeral costs should it ever need to be done. My two ideas were to suggest selling things online as themed bundles/packs at low prices, just to get it down faster.Or to suggest a comm member just arranges a meet where anyone can take whatever they want from the pile and drop in a secret donation to a tin (but I don't actually think the people that like me could cope with that, and the people that don't probably wouldn't donate) and the rest can go to a charity store to probably become Halloween stock.
>>
>>9341784
Anon, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. May your remaining time be beautiful and filled with love, and thank you for sharing your story and positivity. We will not forget you.

>sage for derail
>>
>>9341473
You poor darling. I am so sorry. The world is so shitty for so many people. My uncle is dying of stomach cancer right now in his home, getting palliative care, his mother has dementia and we've not gotten them together as he has his issues with her and she just wouldnt understand. A couple I know have a 19 week baby they have just been told they need to terminate or carry to full term just to die as the valves in his heart are all wrong. Does knowing the universe is indifferent to good people help, I don't know. I am 10 years older than you with some chronic health issues, hell I am shitting blood and probably looking at a future with stomach cancer myself and I understand pain. I wish I could give you more pain free time, It's just not fair. May your remaining days be comfortable anon, I hope you get to do what you want to, resolve anything you can, and I sincerely hope someone visits you with a basket of puppies. I would if I could. Maybe one of the kind anons here could set up a page for funeral donations to help out your family, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, just do what you can with the energy you have left and spend time in a way that makes you happy X
>>
File: really.png (713KB, 1047x871px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
713KB, 1047x871px
On a saltier note, the fuck is this?
Am I just seeing things or is she really trying to get away with selling a dress as "good condition" with a giant ass stain?
>>
>>9342285
Could be the camera putting a shitty spot in the middle of the dress.
>>
>>9342285
Id message her and ask what's up with the giant ass stain.
>>
>>9342005
>>9341971
I don't want frilly jeans. I'm not trying to allude to lolita either. I just want some nice jeans that will give off a girly vibe.
I'm just going to ask next time there is an otome thread I guess.
>>
File: imgrc0063544835.jpg (122KB, 680x826px) Image search: [Google]
imgrc0063544835.jpg
122KB, 680x826px
>>9342326
What do you mean by girly? Ignoring the shittiness of the cut, do you mean you want girly details like pic or...?
>>
>>9342369
Link please?
>>
>>9342326
I'd go for skinny jeans or straightcut jeans in a bootcut length. Having a frilly, more voluminous top with a more form fitting bottom will look the best.
>>
>>9342326
I found some cute polka dot jeans at F21. And dark wash, flowered pair at Uniqlo.
>>
File: 143.jpg (97KB, 400x620px) Image search: [Google]
143.jpg
97KB, 400x620px
Can somebody explain the hype for AP's Brittish Crown? It just looks like something thats been done before by other brands and also very ETC like.

Pic related: R Series Take the crown
>>
>>9342480
It's AP it doesn't need anything else to be popular
>>
>>9342480
There is no hype, just low stock. It's not even being scalped.
>>
>>9342480
It's called low stock. There's very little of it to go around, therefore they created an artificial bloodbath. No one cares about the print except the handful of people who wanted it.
>>
>>9342483
>>9342495
How do you have details about their stock?
>>
>>9342495
Part of me wishes they would just do a reservation period like Baby but on the other hand I find it much harder to find many Baby dresses secondhand since the people who reserve and buy them get them for keeps. Which is nice when you think about it, but sucks when you miss out on a reservation.
>>
>>9342392
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/onepi-c/w4585/

It looks like it'll be on sale again 2/5, cawaii takes tenso forwarding.
>>
>>9342480
a lot of the designs for crown prints are very classic or mature looking, but the one by ap is much cuter/sweet.
>>
>>9342483
Low stock and everybody's holding onto theirs. Wait until the MTO comes out with every Chinese and their 10 boyfriends ordering one. Then there will be stock to scalp
>>
>>9342621
I saw it on yahoo auctions at the normal price. What are you talking about.
>>
>>9342285
Oh dear, this girl is in my comm. Id maybe just message her about it ? English isnt her first language so just a heads up if her replies sound somewhat ESL-y
>>
>>9342510
Girls who went to the stores reported that there was only one of each colour and cut in the store, two of each in the Tokyo stores.
>>
>>9340890
I'm only 19 but I guess I'm on my way to addiction? Or in it? I've been abusing medications since I was 16. My fathers an alcoholic so I guess it runs in the family.
Nobody knows about it, not even my SO.

>basically im a piece of shit whaddup sober-chan youre everything i wish i could be
>>
>>9341967
pale jeans are nice with pastel colour cutsews, i like to cuff mine at the bottom
>>
>>9342285
shes selling another dress covered in what looks like urine stains, for more than i paid for a mint condition of the same dress (almost 250$)
>>
>>9343130
Different anon, but if you're able to acknowledge that it's a problem then you could very well be on the road to recovery. There are some really supportive online communities for different types of addiction and if you feel up for it, I think you should check them out. Take care, okay? You'll have so many people rooting for you!
>>
>>9341084
THIS
Ive never seen a single item that is orth buying from LM compared to japanese second hand market. If the price is fair, the shipping costs arm and leg (I am not in the US) or the seller does not ship outside of US at all.
>>
>>9343136
lmao, please post pics of that disaster?
>>
>>9343172
US sellers can't help what our shipping costs, if buyers want insurance, it's like 50$. If they would just accept responsibility of loss instead of trying to charge back or file pp claims we could use the $25-30 option
>>
babby's first time ordering from japan

they will put my address correctly on the package, right? like, not as this weird oneliner where everything is in the wrong order (from a western standpoint)

talking about wunderwelt btw
>>
>>9343360
It'll be fine, don't worry.
>>
>>9343366
thanks anon!
>>
>>9343264
I don't mind paying US shipping if it's something from my wishlist but more often than not they refuse to ship outside the US
>>
File: 616815687_preview_1454628003063.jpg (42KB, 712x712px) Image search: [Google]
616815687_preview_1454628003063.jpg
42KB, 712x712px
Would this be the right place to ask for advice on a outfit that is complete, but I'm looking for add more pieces to make it feel even more complete?
>>
>>9343458
No, check out the coord help thread >>9315253
>>
>>9341473
Anon, you should post a link to your dresses, I would be interested in buying one and helping out with expenses. Plus some part of me want to have a part of you live on, if that doesn't sound too weird
>>
>>9341473
>>9341596
>>9341784
>>9343590
On second though, just email me. Easier for both of us that way
>>
>>9340264
>The book names are past print names
That's really cute, AP. That's really cute.
>>
>>9343626
I kind of want to email but I feel like it's taking advantage of your situation.
>>
>>9343590
I would also like to help if I can. I was planning on buying some new dresses so why not buy stuff from someone who legit needs it.
>>
>>9341473

I know you want to help out with expenses, but do consider doing things like a pot luck or fundraising dinner, and keep some of your dresses. You should be able to enjoy the rest of your life, and while the dresses are material, I'm sure they brought you joy and would continue to bring you joy.

I wish you luck. This is really heartbreaking to read here, and so frustrating to me that despite medical advances we still have to have stories like these. I'm glad you're taking this all in with stride. Best of luck with everything, and remember that even with a doctor's 'estimate' you may live long past that.
>>
>>9343659
Don't worry about it please. Like the person said, I was planning on buying some dresses anyways, and I'd rather buy from someone who it'll help. If you'd don't have anything I'm interested in, I'll be honest with you! Seriously, shoot me a mail.
>>
>>9342061
same desu
>>
I lost all of my Taobao links and need some help. Does anyone know any reputable stores that make good quality underskirts that are both medium length and long?
>>
>>9343370
The reason most of us probably refuse is because we have had too many bad experiences with overseas buyers. Speaking from my own experience, too many people have complained about the cost, which is something that I have no control over. It is easier to not deal with overseas buyers complaining about shipping.
>>
>>9341473
Please keep your dresses until the end anon. Don't remove everything that brings you joy. It doesn't matter if you won't even wear them, if looking at the dresses brings you some kind of happiness into your life then keep it.

Have an album with the dresses and it's prices and involve a friend or a family to sell the items for you. It can go towards the cost of your funeral.

I'm so sorry anon for your current situation. I don't know you and I know my words may not mean much, but I care deeply for you.
>>
>>9343150
Thank you. Not gonna lie I have a pretty tough home-life and sometimes falling down is easier than getting back up.

>what no i'm not crying there's just something.. in my contacts!
>>
>>9343130
You can do it! Besides, addiction is expensive and you need that money for more burando. Ever since I quit I've been able to get more dresses, ie something that makes me happy on a less temporary basis. One of my big wishlist dresses arrives on Monday and I wouldn't have been able to afford it in my active addiction. I hope you check this thread again because I would love to help support you should you choose recovery!

I was 14 when my addiction started. It began with prescription meds and graduated to other stuff on top of that. I got sober when I first got into lolita and having it as a hobby helped me so much. Unfortunately in my line of work it's hard to avoid people that use and I fell back into it but I checked myself into rehab and things have been a lot better since. I've fallen off the wagon a few times but it goes with the territory. Whenever I relapse the first thing I do is plan a mini meet. I just had one yesterday actually and it was so nice to be able to have fun without altering my state of mind. You're not a piece of shit; you just have a problem and you have the power to solve it should you choose to. Feel free to shoot me an email if you need someone to talk to!

Another good tip is to reward yourself in your sobriety with presents to yourself. Like I said, I have a wishlist dress on the way to celebrate making it through rehab but it doesn't just have to be lolita stuff. Even just a nice meal out or something. But tying the fashion into your recovery is a huge, huge help!
>>
File: AP more like A Pee.png (530KB, 585x396px) Image search: [Google]
AP more like A Pee.png
530KB, 585x396px
>>9343174
there are 10 photos of these damages. apparently she "never tried to wash the dress"
>>
>>9343988
>that print
>mysterious stains she didn't disclose
>'oh I didn't try to wash it'

I wouldn't touch that dress with a 39 1/2 ft pole
>>
I think I'm not going to like the answer but here goes.

I bought a rare MM dress the other day which the seller listed as 'sample goods.' I get it, it has no tags, and compare the piece with my friend. Everything else is exactly the same - the fabric, the trim, the ribbon even - until you get to the lining, which is a shittily sewn thin satin lining.

I'm really unsure if this is 'sample goods' or a really good knockoff. I'm inclined to think the former since I don't know of any shop that would attempt a replica of MM down to the fabric they use, but you never know I guess?
>>
>>9344022
All of MM's fabrics, except for perfume bottle (as their first original print), are commercially available fabrics that anyone can buy.
MM does have sample sales on occasion so I wouldn't write off either possibility, however I'd also be leery of calling the dress the real deal if the construction has some problems.

I know which dress you're talking about and from the detail pictures the seller gave I think it would be legit, however I've been able to find the trims and lace MM uses for sale in fabric stores etc. before so while I don't think anyone would put in the effort to make a replica that accurately, it's not impossible.
>>
>>9343965
Thank you so much, anon! I'm going to try my best and try to be a good person, and find better ways to cope with the things going on that lead me to this. Lolita and looking forward to the future with my SO is the only thing keeping me alive, it's my driving inspiration every day to keep going and keep trying.
>>
>>9344022
MM's quality has declined a lot. Whenever people post saying that they're scared they bought a replica, 99% of the time it's not.
>>
>>9344225

I compared the dress with my friend's and the linings were different. Hers was cotton, mine was made with a thin satin. Everything else however was the same, including the quality of the sewing in general sans lining.

>>9344087

True, I'm leaning more towards that it's MM because given the quality of sewing in the rest of the piece, it's unlikely to me that someone would put time into actually recreating it ad nauseum. But if I ever do sell it I probably will add a huge disclaimer that I do not know if it's MM or not.
>>
Does anyone have good pantyhose recommendations when wearing lolita?
>>
>>9344815
francis prussia might be able to help you
>>
>>9341596
I wanna be buried in full moitie, preferably something long or nun themed.
we won't forget you anon
>>
>>9344022
I think it is a sample because the quality of the fabric of the lining isn't really relevant for sample's. I've bought samples that had pencil marks on the lining
>>
Weird question, but I'm really curious. How many dresses do brands like AP and Baby produce of each cut and colourway? Does anyone know?
>>
Hi gulls. I've been into jfashion for a little while, but have never worn lolita. I would like to try it, but before jumping into it I'd like to try on a petti under some of my dresses that would suit one, just to check whether poof is even for me.

I found some stuff by searching but I would like to know if you have any recommendations? I want something nice even though I'm just testing the waters, don't mind spending a bit more.
>>
>>9345093

The British Crown discussion up above didn't give it away? Answer is "it varies". If they think a print isn't going to do well they'll make less of it, and vice versa.

Baby is the same. When their releases sell out during reservations they will open up a second, sometimes third round of release, and the dress itself may go up with extra stock. If it doesn't seem popular you can bet Baby doesn't make that many of them to start with.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n8i8gqANFh1qdz33g.jpg (299KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n8i8gqANFh1qdz33g.jpg
299KB, 500x521px
>>9343626
>>9343659
>>9343670
>>9343703
I am also interested in helping out, mysterious anon! >>9341473 Please feel free to e-mail me as well. I am always on the hunt for new dresses and have money to spare! <3 <3 <3

And to answer the question, I would request to be buried in my Chess Chocolate dress, I love food and our love of chocolate is something my dad and I always shared, so it would be cute in that sense.
>>
File: IMG_1009.jpg (118KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1009.jpg
118KB, 600x742px
Out of curiosity, if you know a dress has a replica out in the wild, do you still want the original? I mean, more along the lines of, I feel less inclined to want a print if a replica exists because I don't want anyone to think it might be a replica. How do people feel about this? Just curious.
>>
>>9344815
ebay -- search for lace tights or japanese tights to find ones for cheap in like white ivory and black
>>
>>9345384
Are you afraid of buying new prints because a replica might come out some day after?
>>
>>9345384
It stresses me out and make me buy from only certain sources or wait for rerelease if it's popular enough. I had that issue with Melty Cream Donut, where I wanted it, but didn't trust most sources enough to buy and just waited for the rerelease. Any AP fan knows the pain.

I also feel similarly about it like you, but it's almost always incredibly obvious it's a replica.
>>
>>9345384
Yeah, I'd still want the original. The entire package of quality, print, details, etc. matter to me. If someone's able to make a complete 1:1 replica where you can't even tell the difference up close, then maybe I'd have a more difficult time making that sort of argument.

And if you're that skilled you'd be making your own shit instead of replicas anyway.
>>
>>9345341
Melikestea, bunny house or malco modes all make fine pettis.
>>
>>9345384

I now own a handful of dresses that have replicas. Honestly can't say it's bothered me any. The replica for British Bear came out after I'd already bought my dress, but I still paid full price for Melty Cream Donuts re-release knowing full well that there's replicas of it (pretty decent ones too, according to the promo photos).

I don't really worry whether or not other people think I'm wearing the real thing; it is the real thing after all, so my accuser would have egg on their faces pretending they can recognise the difference and failing, not me. Mostly, I do enjoy being able to wear my dresses to brand stores, tea parties, brand events, etc without needing to worry about which items are original and which ones I can't wear. I don't even attend them more than once a year, it's just nice to know that 100% of my wardrobe is legit and I never have to worry about being called out for owning any replicas.

Ironically enough, the only dress I would have gotten a replica of is one of the earliest replicas -- Sugary Carnival, way back when the sax blue went for $600 for used clothes. But they botched the ribbons on those, and the ribbons were my favorite part. So I ended up never getting those replicas either.
>>
>>9341596
Out of my wardrobe, I'd prefer to be cremated in Leif x Cloud Chamber's Basilica at Night.
Throw my lovely ashes on the winds.
>>
Weird question but can bumpits work in lolita.

I don't know if I want to go as far as a hime wig, but I do have a headdress that I feel would look better on a more voluminous wig and was thinking a bumpit might give me that effect
>>
>>9345612
I think they look stupid in everything, but feel free to experiment and allow us to laugh at you if it looks terrible.
>>
Does closet child/any Japanese store do a summer sale on coats? I need a new one and am on opposite season so could buy now, or hold off for a bit.
>>
>>9345616
CC has a coat sale up for months now, don't know if you missed it though.
>>
>>9345612

You answered your own question, hime lolita works with hime hair, work your coord into hime lolita style and it should work fine with a bumpit.

Alternatively, something retro styled (Fantasic Dolly, Meta's Old Records) with a retro-styled bumpit hair would work as well.

If you're thinking of just shoving a bumpit under a normal headbow on an otherwise normal lolita coord.... ehhhh.... At least try for a consistent style to your coord so you don't come across as having terrible bedhead or like you have a hair tumour.
>>
>>9345620
I got one at the beginning of it, but it seemed odd to me that they have a coat sale during winter when people actually want coats, so i assumed they would have a better one during the summer or something.
>>
>>9345384
replicas more or less killed my and many other's want of Chess Chocolate. Everyone just assumes mine is the replica first when I wear it out. I was sick of the connotation so I sold it.
>>
Does anyone know anything about this seller?

https://egl.circlly.com/users/SweetEscape

She has decent feedback, both as a seller and a buyer. But the majority of her dresses are really expensive prints that are BTNW which makes me a bit vary of her. She could just be a collector that doesn't wear her dresses but I still don't know what to think, she is selling a dream dress of mine but I don't want to throw my money at her if she is shady.
>>
>>9345704
You sound paranoid
>>
>>9345704
ask for proof pics if there aren't any already? there's risk with any purchase, if she has good feedback you're marginally better off
>>
>>9345384
I had some replicas in the past, I sold every one of them and I'm currently hunting for originals of these - from as far as I have/had, I can tell the difference is huge. Most taobao replicas have print cropped at the bottom, some has different questionable construction moments, and overall just frumpy looking when tried on.
>>
>>9345384
I always wanted sugary carnival until I started seeing all the replicas. Now that I could actually afford it, I don't even like it anymore. Chess chocolate I might still consider getting eventually. What are the other most common replicas? I never liked misty sky or holy lantern to begin with, regardless of replicas
>>
>>9345841
DOL's Shitty Milky planet, British Bear, Katrina, Melty Cream Doughnut and Sugar Dream Dome maybe. The rest are not that common
>>
>>9345855
I can't imagine Sugar Dream Dome replica looking good at all with the fur trim..
>>
Maybe this has been pitched before, but would people be interested in a WhatsApp/Kik group for community moderators around the world? Or for differrent regions? It'd be cool to talk about organising meets, share experiences of managing a community, and even how to resolve comm problems.
>>
i have two questions. are there any more simple, easy to navigate shops like lorina liddell, and how often does the grizabella jsk (either colour) go up for sale? i'm going to sift through lm past sales in a bit... but it's one of my favourite pieces, and i don't see it for sale all that often, although admittedly i don't check sales all too often because it's more heartbreaking than my usual window shopping.
i'm not a newfag, but i haven't worn lolita since i was a teenybopper into sweet and now i'm trying to build a more gothic/classic/ega/refined, mature, classy?/passable in public attire wardrobe of j-fashion, very, very slowly so as not to run myself into debt over (albeit high quality) pieces of clothing.
i did google the first question but only automatically generated 'similar sites' of... hit and miss similarity come up. well, that, and something i won't post about (that's arguably hardly even related to lolita, except for a bit of an influence) to avoid this thread turning into an offtopic shitfest and getting deleted.
apologies if this is spoonfeeding-tier, i've only been lurking here recently and i don't think lm alone is a good indicator of the frequency in which a certain piece is sold. to avoid begging for spoonfeeding, i'm going to check other sites as well so that question is less important than the first one, but i'd still appreciate a response from someone who is more of an oldfag than someone like me who used to wear a style they don't even enjoy wearing, or suit anymore.
i feel like i'm getting rusty in the ways of all the things i used to be passionate about.
sage for potentially newbie baby tier questions that i might feel like an idiot for asking if i figure the answers out on my own
>>
>>9340985
Dunno if you'd be willing to do it, but as a tiny quick repair only for small areas you can try nail polishing the bits that are gone and then putting a matte topcoat over it to make it not shiny (if the bag itself is a not shiny type)
Of course won't be as good as new but will not be as noticeable as long as the Color is a match unless you are searching for the repair.
>>
>>9340264
>Huge, busy print
>Belt that don't belong
>Fugly beret
>Random bear and chest pieces
>Memolial
>???
>>
>>9345704
The thing that's suspicious to me is that every proof photo has a different background. I would buy from someone else if you can, though mostly just because she seems overpriced anyways
>>
>>9345704
Her dresses seem to be overpriced imo. Is the dress you want that rare and hard to find?
>>
>>9345704
Her feedback looks real. You could always ask for more pictures like a detail or something.

Does anyone remember it didn't used to be rude to ask for worn pictures?
>>
>>9346354
Yeah, I remember that. I actually didn't know it was rude nowadays until around mid 2016.
A seller told me "it's very rude to ask for worn pics," so I didn't argue and just apologized...
>>
>>9346361
Me too. I asked someone recently, and I got a really weird reaction. Mentioned it to someone else in my comm and she told me it was really rude of me to ask her for worn pictures in the first place. On lj I used to end my all of my sales posts by saying I will send worn pictures by pm.
>>
>>9346363
Why do people think it's rude? I just think it's weird. I don't want to see you wearing the dress I'm going to buy. The only thing that'll do is convince me not to buy it if it looks like you stretched it out. I just want to know if it has been cleaned and has damages.
>>
>>9346421
The only reason I ask for worn pics is to see if the current owner is a fatass who's stretched the item out so maybe fatties realized that and now they're offended or something.
>>
>>9346354
I don't care if someone finds it rude. If they're reluctant to show worn pictures, I'll assume there's a reason for that and look elsewhere.
>>
>>9346354
Wait, it's rude to ask for worn pics? When did this become a thing? I usually provide my own body measurements as a method for buyers to understand what they're getting, a worn pic isn't much further than that.
>>
>>9346354
Is asking for worn pics being rude an American thing by any chance? European anon here and in my comm it's pretty common to ask for worn pics; quite a few people also post them alongside when they sell. Of course not everybody has them, but nobody seems to be offended when people ask.
>>
>>9346461
Maybe it's not rude then, maybe the person in my comm, the person I asked for a worn picture and the seller of other anon are the odd ones?
>>
>>9346474
Is that why Europeans post worn pics as proof? I find it kinda gross, especially so if you look unkept.
>>
>>9346484
Can't really say anything about that, because I don't regularly see them posted as proof either. What I see pretty frequently is something like normal photo of item lying on the seller's bed or sofa or being hung up somewhere and then a "worn pic" in the comments where the item was used in a coord by the seller. Or just the first type of pic and then somebody will ask for a worn pic and either get it or there'll be a comment like "I'm sorry, I don't have one". But no drama or accusations.
>>
I hope this is right here and doesn't belong in the stupid questions thread, but I recently bought two older dresses (2008/2009) from Meta and both have what I'd describe as a built-in petticoat. Now I'm wondering, was there some kind of "era" during which Meta regularly included these in their dresses? Or were they generally en vogue during a certain time?
>>
>>9346499
I have two Metamorphose dresses, one from 2004 and one from 2006, and both have built-in-petticoats.
>>
>>9345863
There is a group like this on Facebook but I think not enough people know about it.
It would certainly be useful for me.
>>
>>9346484
Why gross? You're buying second hand, you know somebody has worn it before. Makes no sense.
>>
>>9346516
I'd rather not know how disgusting you are and wash the item myself.
>>
>>9346527
Now that's just retarded. Wouldn't you wanna know the person you're buying from is gross and avoid them? And you say it like the people selling it with a worn pic are all greasy fat slobs.
>>
>>9346527
Don't most people clean/dry clean before sending the dress out? I always make sure my sold items have been recently dry cleaned.
>>
Gulls i have wide shoulders what can i do
>>
>>9346596
Hope the fit in your coffin after you kill yourself from every blouse digging into your arms and cutting your blood circulation off
>>
So where do you guys buy most of your shit from? Peer to peer/self designed? Or a company?
>>
>>9346564
You'd think that's common courtesy but considering all the horror stories about items arriving with undisclosed stains or disgusting odors, apparently not.
>>
>>9346615
Angelic Pretty
>>
>>9346615
BTSSB
>>
File: Screenshot_20170206-182916.png (236KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170206-182916.png
236KB, 1080x1920px
Cd Japan is doing proxy shopping now. And there's a sale to start it off

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/Proxy_Shopping_Upgraded_Offer_Fees_Reduced?utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=HTML&utm_content=proxy&utm_campaign=gogai170207&pacid=CVr6OZFM62Lu3ulLWY05uQ%3d%3d
>>
>>9346615
I buy mostly secondhand AP stuff from Lacemarket, Y!A jp, Mercari, and Fril. Mostly Mercari.
>>
>>9346615
IW and AATP, mostly through secondhand markets
>>
>>9346766
>500 yen fee per item and 10% on top
Haha fuck off please

Unless it's 500 per shipment, but even so, 10% is high considering what other sites are charging now
>>
>>9346615
Mostly IW and sometimes second hand, but I've bought pretty much everything I'm interested in second hand so now it's just new releases.
>>
>>9346790
D u d e.
I just bought an arConomi sweater for 500 yen cause of their shit. What was formally 6000 yen -> something like 2000 yen shipped to me...sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>9346615
Directly from AP international, sometimes from AP USA, indie brands (AH, Peppermint Fox, trying to get some stuff from Me Likes Tea), and occasionally the USA Baby stores.
>>
>>9346554
I already know. I assume everyone is.
>>
>>9346797
Was it only available through cdjapan? If they're just a forwarding/shopping service, I don't see the appeal of using a new one with such high fees unless you already get things from them or they have exclusives
>>
>>9343934
I know Strawberrywitch, little dipper, and infanta have good looking underskirts.
>>
>>9346596
Thwomplita here. I have wide shoulders and long arms, but as long as the sleeves on my blouses are long enough It always look fine.

non-custom OPs will be tricky but wide shoulders is probably the lowest on the body "things to worry about when buying lolita" list.

JSKs and skirts will be of course no prob.
>>
>>9346852
* "body things to worry about..."
>>
>>9346821
It was yahoo auctions through them. But the appeal for me is that I had a lot of points from a past purchase. So it works out really well for me.
>>
>>9346834
Thank you. It was Little Dipper that I was looking for so I am relieved that they still make them.
>>
>>9345341
just like, photoshop someone elses skirt onto a photo of yourself and stand kinda far away to look at it lol
>>
>>9345946
2 many words, didnt understand the question
>>
>>9346499
my 2006 has a built in petti thats actually really poofy. its one of the only dresses i only need to wear one petti with
>>
>>9340889
If your items have sat for months, your prices are too high or your stuff is fugly off-brand crap. If someone can buy an item cheaper elsewhere, they will. Competitively priced nice things sell decently fast.
>>
>>9346435
>>9346363

Someone wrote (on cgl or btb, I can't recall) that they were requesting worn pics from their sempai without any intention of buying. The full text goes on to say they're sorry, they just wanted lots of photos of their favorite lolita but didn't realise that the girl on the other end was being strung along for nothing, since this person had no intention to actually buy anything, they just wanted lots and lots of photos, and requesting worn pics of things she was selling seemed an easy way to make her take more photos. Might have been the turning point where people start thinking it's rude to request worn photos.

Personally, I'm really only peeved at those buyers who request worn photos brainlessly. There's some dresses where my description clearly states I'm selling the dress because it's too small for me, so quite obviously there won't be any worn photos. I mean, what're you expecting, a dress pooled around my waist because it won't zip up? At that point it's pretty much your request for a worn pic that would result in a stretched-out dress, since I already clearly stated the dress is too small for me.

The other is BNWT dresses where I state the dress has never even been tried on. I think the newness is part of the selling point, I'm certainly not going to put it on just to take a photo for the buyer, only to have them flake out and now I have to list the dress as having being tried on once thanks to this flaky buyer.

Aside from those specific cases, I'm usually not annoyed by requests for worn pics, but at the same time, I'm not likely to go out of my way to take a worn pic either. Might be a week before I answer such a request, or if I'm really busy I might just say "sorry, I never wore the dress so there's no worn pics". Though in my case, it's not like I have zero social media where you can check if I'm fat or not, so I see even less of a reason to request specific worn photos from me.
>>
>>9345384
If everyone knows you are against replicas, no one will think yours is one just because there was one made. And if you are careful who you buy from and use trusted payment methods, you'll never get one by accident with no recourse either.
I have bought several rarer dresses that there are replicas of, I have no regrets. I still like Chess Chocolate too. I refuse to let shitty replicas and the skeevy replica-chans spoiled anything for me.
>>
>>9346596
Jumperskirts and custom blouses if regular blouses don't fit. Not-too-poufy shoulder details, keep the focus on your neckline or middle of the bodice, away from the shoulders.
>>
>>9346345
Sort of, I haven't seen it around much but I could just have been blind or have seriously bad timing when it comes up for sale.

It's the JetJ Haniel Bis op, the long one. Which is why I raised an eyebrow when I saw that she had that one, the shorter op in two colorways all bnwt.
>>
Gulls, what do y'all think of birdcage panniers / petticoats like this one by f+f: http://www.fanplusfriend.com/gothic-steampunk-knee-length-full-birdcage-steel-petticoat-2colors-instant-shipping/ ? On first glance, it seems this would be much more durable than the average organza/tulle petty, but is there something I'm missing here?
>>
File: jetj.jpg (60KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
jetj.jpg
60KB, 670x400px
Who's getting it?
>>
>>9347479
We'll what happens with hoop skirts is you can see the bones through the material of your dress, you you'd have to wear a petti over it anyway to hide that.
Also how would you sit down in it. Or store it.
>>
>>9347486
I was told that this kind of hoop skirt is flexible so you can sit on it? Not so sure about the storing though. And good point about the bones, I didn't think if that at all.
>>
>>9347490
A couple of girls in my comm prefer hoop skirts, and they have no problems sitting down with them.

They got so used to them they have trouble sitting down with pettis now because of all the fluff compared to the cage
>>
>>9347491
do you know if they wear underskirts or something similar over them to hide the bones?
>>
>>9347485
I want a skirt
>>
>>9346499
I rember a few OTT AP dresses had them as well. Jewelry Jelly had one for sure, but I'm not to sure on others.
>>
>>9347479
I'd say they'd be useful for heavier dresses (velvet etc.), but definently more clunky than just your average petti. I guess it depends if you really need something strong to help hold up your poof.
>>
>>9347634

AP dresses had them as recently as last year, whip factory special set jsk had a built-in petti. They really only ditched the built-in pettis for the non cotton dresses and special set dresses, if they make another regular release with cotton twill fabric this year it might still come with a built in petti.

However, btssb dresses haven't had built in pettis since...... ever, I think? So not really a trend, or it wasn't one that held up across all brands.
>>
>>9347646
I have a Baby skirt from 2003 that has a built-in, but none of my more recent pieces have it.
>>
>>9347486
I don't have one, but I'm assuming the skirt would collapse and lay flat for storage the same way a hoopskirt does.
>>
>>9347485
I'm so tempted. But any idea what it'll be priced?
>>
>>9347719
Given their recent pricing patterns, and given that it's a velvet screenprint, I wouldn't be surprised if it went up to the $500-$600 range.
>>
Hey gulls, feel like taking a look around some Japanese shoe stores for RHS.
Problem is have no idea what they are called in Japanese, Can anyone help me ?
Thanks in advance will return with any interesting findings if any come around.
>>
>>9347490
I have one of these and it is flexible. So sitting isn't problem. It can be folded for storage, when they send it to you, it actually comes folded in a bag. Just pay attention when you unfold it the first time and you should be able to put it back for storing.
>>
>>9347479
I have it and I only have to wear an underskirt with one chiffon dress. It's really nice with hot weather.
>>
>>9347736
They aren't a common style so that's the issue. I'm not even sure any Japanese brands make that style. Besides bodyline.
>>
>>9347736
I don't know what they called but Yosuke might have them
>>
>>9341833
Dolly Cat was out in April and so I'm thinking March or April.
>>
File: 2224_600.png (374KB, 448x446px) Image search: [Google]
2224_600.png
374KB, 448x446px
Hi! I'm looking forward buying Aatp's Queen's Coach, but I have a doubt regarding it.

On every official or close-up photo, this dress seems to have a nice combination of black, gold and red. But on almost every photo I saw while Googling this dress seems actually white, black and red when under natural light.

Could anyone please confirm that for me? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>9347845
There are places in the print where inside the ovals it's more of a pale, goldish cream as the background. The red is also more of a pink-ish red in places as well
>>
>>9347733
Ugh. Do you feel it's worth the price? I've never bought straight from JetJ because the dresses seem so overpriced for what they are. I'd pay 300, but 500-600 is pushing it.
>>
>>9347865
I've bought two dresses straight from them in the past year, and I really do love the dresses so much, the design and quality is very nice, but honestly I feel a bit taken for a ride because they aren't significantly nicer than say Mary Magdalene which is a much better price point. I'm rather turned off from buying from JetJ, although if you really do love a design what can you do?
>>
>>9341596
I wish I could die in your place.
>>
>>9341896
I actually would, very grimly, like the idea of seeing a lolita in an open casket. The only problem is trusting a mortician to properly apply the makeup and put the coord on.
>>
>>9347906
That's true. Thanks for letting me know anon. I'll see what the price is and go from there, most likely holding out for it secondhand.
>>
>>9347646
I have a lot of Innocent World dresses from different years and none of them have had a built in petti either.
>>
just throwing this out there, but I feel like it's about time for another cgl census.
I'd be interested if last year's census anon was here to set it up.
>>
>>9345946
Innocent World have a really clear guide for international orders. I have been in lolita for 3 years and I'm still too scared to do a taobao order, but even I can manage IW
>>
Ordered a few things from the AP USA site, and the order status is "hold." What does this mean?
>>
>>9345946
Gruzabella I don't see show up often but I have seen it. Patience is your best bet. Like another Anon said, IW's webshop is easy to navigate, and some of their stuff is really good for the styles you've mentioned. Closet Child's site is really easy to follow using the guide. If you're after a more mature look that's EGA-goth-classic, AATP is no longer a good brand for that really. Boz are perfect for what you've described, but still don't ship internationally do you'll need a SS for them. Alice Fururun's site is a pain to navigate but not too bad to order from. Wunderweit also accept international orders. Excentrique's good as well but still on the pricier end.
>>
>>9348127
Gruzabella? Stupid autocorrect. Grizabella.
>>
>>9347381
Wtf that is creepy as hell
>>
>>9348127
I've seen Grizabella pop up twice recently on LM
>>
>>9348099
Sorry, was in a hurry when I left this. I ordered a lot of stuff from AP and I may not have the funds, is there a chance "hold" means it's being turned around? I know they have a weird credit card processing thing. Also, an order I made earlier only went from "Pending" to "In-Transit". Do y'all's orders go from pending to anything besides in transit?

Very paranoid for deadlines, sorry for urgency.
>>
Why whenever a Brazilian indie store posts something on LU it is followed by an army of commenters praising it? It's so fucking annoying, make them sound like a cheap TV ad.
>>
>>9347933
I can imagine no gothier thing than a dead gothic lolita.
>>
>>9347853
Ohh I see. That's a pity, guess I'll take this one from my wish list.
Thank you!
>>
>>9348254
Why does it piss you off anon? Feedback is essential in lolita marketplace.
>>
Where are your favourite places to get "nice" lolita/otome jewelry and accessories?
I don't have a very big budget comparative to some jewelry I see (will not spend more than $250 per item in case I lose them - unless it's very special), however I'm sick of being reccomended cheap shit from taobao. I rarely wear jewelry, so I'd rather have just a few nice things.
I'm specifically looking for a few earrings and necklaces, but other jewelry would be good too.
>>
>>9348486
I buy some of the metal brand things like necklaces and I have a nice choker of real pearls and some gold flower motif earrings. I don't like a lot of the cheaper lolita jewelry either, especially the plastic. I've been thinking of looking for some vintage or vintage reproduction pieces and a good quality cameo brooch.
>>
>>9348271
They seem so fake all the time, as if the store owner called his friends and said "hey, I'm going to post, flood there plz!"
>>
>>9348486
I love Swarovski jewelry.
>>
>>9348486

You should probably mention your style/main brand. I do different styles, and AP is a particularly different kettle of headaches since their dresses tend to be so overdecorated. There's a reason some of their necklaces have like, a handphone-sized chunk of acrylic as a pendant, anything smaller just gets swallowed up in the dress details.

For less flamboyant styles, I generally stick to pearl necklaces. Even the cheap glass imitation pearl necklaces tend to look decent, they're generally easy to find in most department stores, and they generally add class whether you're wearing them with normie clothing or lolita/otome clothing. For sweet lolita you could go the q-pot route, although they're kind of expensive firsthand for what they are (the quality is way better than cheap taobao, but the pricing is ....way higher as well).
>>
>>9348499
I have mixed feelings about the plastic as I like sweet, but I always prefer enamel or metal/pearl pieces.
>>9348536
Thank you so much, I always assumed their jewelry would be very gaudy but it's actually quite nice! I love the figurines.
>>
>>9348271
There's feedback and then there's mindless asskissing. Remember that godawful Hobo Hospital print? From the Brazillian community's comments you'd think it was amazing next-level glorious burando quality miracle but seeing the actual fabric it looked like shit. So either the Brazilian comm has extremely low standards and cannot be trusted or their 'feedback' is insincere and cannot be trusted.
This indie brand looks a lot better in comparison, but from the pictures I first assumed it was some low-tier Taobao brand.
>>
>>9348545
Classic/sweet and I also wear otome. Like subtle quirky stuff.
>>
>>9348486
You should check etsy for some indie jewelers who use real gold, silver, etc. I've found some nice stuff there if you know where to look
>>
>>9348576
It's far from being nice quality, believe me.
>>
So recently I recieved a dress from LM and I was extremely happy to finally get it but when I opened it the dress smelled like an ashtray and Body Odor, it made me physically sick. Does anyone know how to get the smell out? Has this happened to anyone else?
>>
>>9348688
I've had it twice from y!auctions and once from a comm member. Drycleaning wasn't an option so I washed and aired the items out multiple times using ordinary detergent and stain remover. It was hard work but I got there. Although I found that the smell was more psychological in the end. Like I'd look at the dress when it was clean and still think back to how awful the smell was.
>>
https://youtu.be/__rpD57nHiU

>Bodyline
>Brand
>>
>>9348644
That doesn't surprise me at all, though I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>9348819
Most of her shoes are Taobao ripoffs, and there are some cases of ripping sewing lines, bad quality material and finishing, glue marks and one that I bought had the heel broken during the first usage.
>>
>>9348852
Yikes. Is there a way you can bring that to the attention of the community at large or would you get dogpiled by the army of asslickers?
>>
>>9348818
her page says you can access her videos a week early if you donate monthly to her patreon, SIGN ME THE FUCK UP
>>
>>9343934
seconding little dipper
>>
File: so cute.jpg (59KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
so cute.jpg
59KB, 500x750px
The stupid lolita questions thread 404'd so I hope I'm not being too obnoxious by asking this here:

Could anyone let me know what the name of this print is?
>>
>>9349488
It's Magic Library by Magic Potion on taobao.
>>
>>9348536
The stone falls off easily for some of their pieces.

>>9347906
As much as I like it and want another color way, I'm not sure I trust their current quality too. I'm clinging on to my old one for life.
>>
>>9350600
Thank you very much.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.