[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 12

File: unpopular opinion puffin.jpg (55KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
unpopular opinion puffin.jpg
55KB, 600x413px
Come on you old gulls, lets see what kind of hipster-based salt you really got - Unpopular cosplay/J-fash opinions thread!
>>
Cons should do a 180 on their family friendly policy without letting cons turn into adult only events
>>
i love salty gothic elitists, even when we disagree. something about their steadfast conviction is just comfy.
>>
>>9338782
I don't know why people love Melty Ribbon Chocolate so much. It's so boringly ugly.
Milky Whip Chocolate is so similar but 200x less bland and so much nicer to look at.
>>
lifestyle lolitas are better than conlitas
>>
You could be wearing the best coord known to man with makeup on point but if you're obese you'll always look like an ita
>>
Brolitas are massive creeps.
>>
Wearing solid colour tights usually makes your coord less pretty. In a fashion with so many choices, I don't understand why people default to solid tights, it looks ugly and boring in most coords.
>>
>>9338793

I agree
>>
Veteran lolitas deserve the right to act like salty elitists if they want. They owe no kindness to newbies who crash meets and online comms looking and acting like trashy itas
>>
I kind of like Kawaii Goods.
>>
I kind of like VenusAngelic.
>>
Not.one.release. has made me wet this past year. Oh well, more hunting on auctions for older prints, & less to buy I guess.
>>
I really appreciate the simplicity of most brand sets and it triggers me when people call it basic. Almost feels like a slight towards the brand too.
>"Oh you really expected people to wear -that- as an outfit? So basic designer-kuns~"
>>
>>9338793
I think it's the round cut JSK and the bitter colorway people love, which I agree are amazing. Melty Royal had the best pattern to me, though.
>>
Gothic Lolita is best lolita.
>>
>>9338804
This had to be said.
>>
>>9338802
How is this an unpopular opinion
>>
If you cosplay something from any series and you don't have the most basic understanding of it, you deserve to be shamed and ridiculed.
>>
Sweet brands may be most popular, but the gothic brands should be the standard of quality the fashion aims for.
>>
I actually love bra-and-pantie cop-out cosplays. Plain Jane's parading themselves around a nerd convention half naked acting like top shit. It's a good laugh
>>
>>9338866
i'm not sure, but it seems like when i bring it up most people get their bloomers in a twist

probably because they're conlitas
>>
Fairy kei that is done with loud clashy colors, badly colored dye jobs, and boy clothes is not fairy kei. It's an abortion. Fairy kei is supposed to be light pastels, delicate, feminie and flowy with simple accessories. Not every color and every accessory worn at once. I am sick of people tagging their decora and 99% galaxxxy outfits or ugly harem pants as fairy kei. Don't even get me started on spank.
>>
I'm sick of people calling everything that isn't pastel vomit sweet or straight up Mana cosplay classic. And sweet lolitas who complain about "OTT classic" need to suck a big fat one because 99% of what they're complaining about is actually sweet lolita in non-bright pastels.
>>
>>9338898
Thank you.
>>
>>9338810
Especially if the tights are the same color as the blouse.
>>
People that complain about overweight (not obese) but otherwise decent lolitas/cosplayers are immature and need to put down others to feel better with themselves.

Calling things "replicas" allows people to do mental gymnastics. We should call them knock offs.

Cons should only put bagdes for sale after at least half of the guests/programming is announced.
>>
I like pokemon gijinka cosplays, even stupid arabian/bikini armor eeveelutions, assuming they are well made.
>>
I foresee a backlash with this one but...

I think the outright hate over fat people fat people cosplaying/in lolita is just as toxic as fat acceptance.
>>
Sweet lolita is garbage
>>
>>9338810
Nah. Sometimes an entire coord is just meant to be simple. As long as it's not solid tights with a loud print dress. It's all about things going together.
>>
>>9339094
It exists mostly on anonymous boards, so it doesn't matter too much.
>>
>>9339108
This. There are boards on 4chan that have actual impact on society, but /cgl/ isn't one of them.
>>
>>9339094
i think being fat is literally toxic
>>
I don't like 90% of prints. I think solid colors and interestung textures/layering always look nicer in lolita.
>>
I don't care about people that are cosfamous or have Patreon pages. I have no issue with Yaya or Nigri and I feel like people that still get angry over it are just being childish.
>>
>Sweet lolita is fucking cancer
>People with white tear bags should be shamed
>Cons should ban children under 13
>Bra+panties+tail+headband ears gijinka should be banned
>Funko Pops should be banned as well
>Headdress-es other than ribbons and simple headbands are ridicolous
>>
Unlicensed fanart should be banned
>>
>>9339276
Agreed.
>>
Whenever I hear someone saying Sweet lolita is garbage or shit i always think that they're just not cute enough to wear it or just saw super childish OTT pastel vomit coords.
I'm into more mature sweet in general and I agree that super childish sweet (prints like Toy Fantasy or Dreamy Baby Room) is garbage and creepy
>>
>>9339448
Nope, for me it's just nauseous and I hate *that* pink used everywhere in sweet lolita coords.
I prefer classical, mori, sea-theme, shironuri, gothic etc
>>
>>9339438
this. These bags are cancer. Same for the "male tears" one, if it was a "black tears" or "women tears" bag everyone would lose their shit
>b-but me oppreshun

And Funko Pops are hideous i don't get why it's so popular. Or can even get pricey for that matter.

Also agreeing for children under 13 and the almost-naked gijinka sloot bullshit, it would make cons so much nicer.
>>
>>9338982
>Cons should only put bagdes for sale after at least half of the guests/programming is announced.
why is that?
>>
>>9339458
Heh, I guess it's to each their taste right? I love baby pink but I agree that too much pink is nauseous. I love gothic and classical as well as mori though, they look amazing.
>>
>>9339460
A-anon I'm talking about people who put massive layers of white eyeliner under their eyes to make that "anime eye ugu" effect but I agree even on that.
>>
>>9339448
i agree

i think it's mostly people who are just mad they can't pull off sweet so they throw around buzzwords like 'ageplay!!!!' to feel better about themselves
>>
File: 2xoN3PB.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2xoN3PB.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>9339464
Oh. Oh geez. I made a fool out of myself.
It looks awful as well though

>>9339467
The whole ageplay thing was kind of a meme but it was pretty tiresome. Why can't we just live in peace, we all look like freaks in frilly dresses to normies anyway.
>>
I just wish gulls were just nicer to each other and other people. Like do we seriously need to be calling each other hamplanets and continue maintaining, like, four different cringe threads at a time? It's honestly super tiring, and I'd rather just talk about fashion/cosplay like we're supposed to do.
>>
>>9339438
Lolita with just simple small ribbons and headbands looks fucking dumb and you should just quit the fashion because headdress are like the #2 important thing after petticoat.
>>
I think cosplay as a hobby should primarily be for fun, and I don't care if a cosplay has crappy construction as long as the cosplayer looks like they've really enjoyed working on it or wearing it.
>>
I think that certain brand things are overpriced and you arent paying for quality anymore but the name amd cute design. Those things are shoes, bags, wristcuffs, plastic jewelry and some unprinted dresses. I think the casual cutsew dresses should be like $100.
>>
>>9339519
Cutsew dresses usually are around $100, aren't they?
>>
>>9339510
I don't know how to name it since english is not my native language but I'm talking about this

Didn't know you wanted to be a baby, let me know if you want me to carry you around with a stroller
>>
File: 78989090.jpg (29KB, 297x500px) Image search: [Google]
78989090.jpg
29KB, 297x500px
>>9339541
>implying all bonnets look like baby bonnets
You could have at least picked one with a soft brim to make your point.
>>
>>9339460
they're just the western equivalent of shitty nendoroids.
>>
>>9339544
Most sweet lolita-y look babyish, sadly.
>>
>>9339541
>using a pic of an actually well made bonnet in and not some AP frilly cutesy pastel bonnet
Not even this other anon but I call bait. If not you sound so mad about it it's laughable, you're the baby here if anything, throwing a tantrum when someone disagrees.

>>9339498
Also this, we (and all of 4chan in general but holy fuck) need to lower the sodium
>>
>>9339549
They do but the one anon posted as an example isn't one of them.
>>
>>9339541
There are other headdresses we wear besides bonnets though. Giant bows, hats, berets, rectangle headdresses, new ultra lacy rectangle headdresses, ships, candles, cakes, veils..

Saying lolitas should just wear tiny ribbons and basicsl headbands is missing the whole point.
>>
>>9339549
I own the Sugar Pansy half bonnet to match my dress and honestly I can't bring myself to truly like it because of how floppy it is like a baby bonnet. I have a more classical looking one by AH in cream who looks fine though, it all depends on the design.
>>
>>9339549
found the person who couldn't suit sweet lolita if they tried
>>
>>9339550
There seems to be way more salt lately, I hate to say it but I think it's the election making everyone rabid
It'd be nice to see some chill lolitas
>>
>>9339560
i guarantee you that a lot of the high-sodium people who have infected the board lately are pissbabies from Amino

a lot of them seem to think that being cunts redeems themselves as lolitas
>>
>>9339558
Hate to break it to you but sweet lolita looks extremely childish and is the reason that lolita will never break away from the ageplay stereotype.
>>
>>9339563
Youre probably right, I keep forgetting about Amino. Isn't Amino mostly newbies and kids, though?
>>
>>9339566
too bad. sweet lolita will always be the primary and most popular style. sorry you can't wear it without looking like a hag
>>
I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing lolita as a costume, as long as the person doing it knows there is a fashion subculture that they're intentionally opting out of.
>>
>>9339571
it is, which is why they feel the need to make fun of others to feel better about their own newness

can't speak for all of the autists clogging up the board lately, but a good chunk of them are amino newfags
>>
Having sex on conventions isn't that strange and should not be frowned upon, as long as it's not in public view and everyone is consenting
>>
>>9339104
It looks good with shiro and the like, yeah, but in most cases it looks boring as hell. Newbie lolitas rarely get it right.
>>
>>9339598
Is it frowned upon? I think most people are in the camp of 'as long as you don't bother me whatevs'
>>
>>9339611
Is it not? Perhaps I've hanged out with one too many salty never-laid sad fucks
>>
>>9339610
Sounds like you just don't care for simple casual coords because you're used to seeing newbies getting it wrong.
>>
>>9339566
There are a ton of normies out there who don't see that link and don't jump to that conclusion. I think it's on par with the fat thing in that most of that battle is happening online and not in the real world.
>>
>>9339498
>>9339518
seconding both
>>
>>9339621
I think that is definitely why there is a lot of hate for plain tights, flower crowns, peignoirs, and ott sweet, split colored wigs.

So many newbies tried and failed with these so badly, that for many it became like an ita staple.
>>
>>9339651
>letting people ruin things for you
Sounds lame.
>>
>>9339673
Agreed, which is why I still wear ott sweet and peignoirs, but cgl tends to form into a hivemind.
>>
>>9339283
J nigs is cool but YaYa is just sooooo annoying to me, has nothing to do with the way she makes money just her personality.
>>
I don't like "Casual" cosplays.

Especially since the Overwatch fans jumped on that wagon and ran it into the ground.
>>
>>9339685
>tfw petite asian girl too

but it doesn't matter if you're 'petite' and 'asian,' you could still have an ugly lor manface

it's jealousy most of the time and you sound the same way
>>
>>9339688

I know I'm above average. But nice try.
>>
>>9339690
>above average
>probably looks like every other average-looking asian ever

boy, i'm glad i'm half
>>
>>9339498
Honestly tho the level of shade on this board is no where near what it used to be
>>
>>9339461
Because unless you have great guests of honor/panels, you're making people buy a badge on the promise that the con will be good.
>>
I like fandom lolita coord if they are done properly by lolitas who are well-established and if it's done with proper lolita items f.e. a sylveon gihinka where the items are all brand and only ears and tails are added as costume parts.
>>
I think meme cosplay is hilarious
>>
>>9339108
It doesn't, it's elsewhere as well - it's cropped up on my social media, which has surprised me, but there are a lot of videos that are attacking generally fat people. /cgl/ is just those that target the cosplaying/jfash ones.
>>
>>9339716
>proper lolita items
>costume parts
How do you go from specifying that all items should be brand but then adding cosplay pieces on top? Fandom coords can be done tastefully and actually look like fashion, there's no need for any costumey elements unless you don't know what you're doing.
>>
I think lolitas should be lovelies.
>>
>>9339687
I'm really salty about casual cosplay, even though I know I shouldn't be. I've been cosplaying for almost ten years now and I really hate seeing people slap on a wig and makeup with their normal clothes and talk about how they are casual whoever. It's like they don't even care about who they are cosplaying, just as long as they are.
>>
>>9339448
Sweet Lolita, in my opinion, looks bad on everyone. It's a disgusting mismatch of colours that kinda clash and it's way too busy.

But I like my dark, rich colours, like maroon, plum, indigo. Sweet lolita is the polar opposite of my sense of style.
>>
>>9339733
What do you recommend to people who like to go to con's but don't like to make a cosplay? I see more complaints about people coming to con's as their normie self
>>
>>9339749
I recommend ignoring bitter anons like >>9339733 who feel like their secret club is being invaded. Just do you anon.
>>
File: 1427308448944.jpg (36KB, 458x640px) Image search: [Google]
1427308448944.jpg
36KB, 458x640px
>>9339621
No, I enjoy simple coords, but having a simple coord doesn't mean your coord should be unbalanced. It looks okay if your coord is balanced, but that's hard to do for a lot of people.

>>9335288
It's cute and simple, but she's put all of her solid blues on her upper body. It could have been better if she wore other tights or socks that could help pull the eye.

>>9334828
Also kinda cute, but boring as the white sticks out way too much.

>>9337676
Would look better is the tights had a smidge of white.

The image is an example of a simple coord with subtle tights, even a simple pattern is better than solid.
>>
>>9339742
>disgusting mishmash of colors that don't match
>pastel pink, pastel sax, pastel lav, and white are the most prevalent colors

how are you applying this to the whole of sweet lolita
>>
>>9339699

Whatever makes you feel better anon.
>>
>>9339104

I don't see how it's so hard to get tights with a subtle pattern. Usually subtle knitted stripes aren't enough to detract from a coord, but add enough visual interest to not look like a boring solid.

I just think that it's sort of lazy to use solid tights. I say this even as I know lolitas I admire use solid tights.
>>
I love gothic and sweet, but most classic looks boring and frumpy as hell. Don't even get me started on the "toned-down" trend. If you don't have the balls to wear a proper, recognizable as lolita coord, gtfo this fashion you spineless twerp.
>>
>>9339729
Because I think subtle animal ears, which are costume parts to me, can still be added.
>>
>>9339749
>see more complaints about people coming to con's as their normie self

From whom? almost everyone agrees that no cosplay > shitty cosplay
>>
>Wearing shitty closet, bought or home-made costumes is fine as long as you're having fun doing so and don't act high and mighty about your costume.
>I don't care for any of the "hype of the season" cosplays and feel they should be disqualified from winning any crowd favourite prices as the crowd always takes hype over skill.
>As someone who only does armours I feel that armour and fabric cosplays should not be competing against each in a competition. They require different skill sets to make and armours also tend to look way more impressive on stage which is a bit unfair.
>People who stay "in-character" at all times are fun. Fun to mess with that is.
>Anyone who immediately posts "/cgl/ (or 4chan) has it out on me!" after they have been mentioned in a negative post has it coming to them, even if they the post was a blatant lie. Fucking attention whores...
>>
>>9338982
>People that complain about overweight (not obese) but otherwise decent lolitas/cosplayers are immature and need to put down others to feel better with themselves.

t. 200 lbs 4' 8'' woman
>>
>>9338982

> t. butthurt fatty
>>
>>9339769
i do feel better because I have cute hafu features and I'm the best kind of asian

thanks for raising my self esteem a little today!
>>
>>9339651
I think peignoirs get hate because the majority of them are incredibly bland and cheap looking. I'm not sure why people think six yards of Chinese chiffon with factory seams showing is an appropriate garment to drape over an elaborate dress, but I guess a lot of what brand puts out these days looks like little girl 'princess' costumes so maybe I'm just old fashioned.
>>
>>9339778
>From whom? almost everyone agrees that no cosplay > shitty cosplay

Now that you say so, that attitude is negative to the whole cosplay community as it makes people be less prone to try to do something, and make it harder to expand.

Having people try and fail is the best way to have them enjoying cosplay, and having more people cosplaying is better for cosplayer as there will be more people looking to buy stuff and those the offer will increase (maybe even some big brand could sell cosplay stuff if the demand is high enough) and this would increase the competion between cosplay sellers, lowering the price and increasing the quality.
>>
>>9339794
post a pic or fuck off fatty-chan
>>
Brand purses and shoes are rip offs. Replicas for life. Fuck the haters
>>
>>9339733
Most people that do casual cosplays are just starting out though. That or I tend to see a lot of casual cosplays on Sunday when people are tired but still want to dress up. I don't care much because I don't pay them any attention anyway. If they're having fun than whatever
>>
>>9339807
Brand bags have a much better quality. If you ever owned one you clearly know it. And if you shop on mercari or fril you can get brand bags for decent prizes.
>mfw I got 3 AP bags in like-new condition for 20 - 40 bucks
>>
>>9339794

I'm glad that little banter on /cgl/ raised your self esteem. Kind of sad that's how much it means to you but always happy to help.
>>
>>9339813
I've purchased brand bags from BTSSB, AP, and IW and the quality really is not that much better. Generally the cheaper used bags are so heavily used they are not worth it. I'd personally rather have a shiny new knock off than a genuine bag that is worn out. Worn out shitty pleather bags look especially bad next to fancy expensive dresses.

Face it, what the brand bags and shoes are made of, while slightly higher quality than the replicas, is still pleather at the end of the day. It gets worn out really fast. Which is why I don't think it's worth it to pay so much more for a brand bag and get essentially the same shit as a replica with neater stitches and a specialty charm or something.

I own some AP tps that I got brand new with tags from mercari for cheaper than new SS tps would have been. Literally there's no difference at all except the stitching on the ap shoes is ever so slightly neater.
>>
>>9339823
>Generally the cheaper used bags are so heavily used they are not worth it.

And this is not true at all. I wouldn't buy brand bags in the western market, but japanese sellers are so generous with their prices. I'm currently eyeing an AP bag on fril for 45 usd, which routinely sells for 70 - 120 usd on lacemarket. The only defect is a small charm missing on the zipper.
My last purchase was a pink AP boston bag on mercari for 25 usd, which had no defects at all. It was just a bit squahed from transport. I even got a small pouch as a gift with that purchase. I could even link a NWT AP bag for 3,000 yen to you.
>>
>>9339794
What's with the influx of cancer lately? Did someone link CGL somewhere?
>>
>>9339823
I just don't get this, with replicas people are always so concerned about designers being paid but when it's a pair of shoes or bag it doesn't matter. I own shoes from Meta, Baby and AP and bags from Meta, Baby, AP and IW. I recently sold every Loris purse I had purchased when I started out because they were so ugly and poor quality. I don't have a single brand purse that looked like those. Importing pair of Antaina boots cost me a bit over 100€, almost the same as my Meta boots. The quality difference is huge. Meta ones are sturdy, have proper sole and the material is much better. I also have a pair Sweet Wooden Sole shoes which cost me around 160€ imported. A similar pair of Antaina ones would cost around 100€ if they were hit by customs. I happen to own a comparable pair and again the material is worse, they are floppy, scuff easily and are super uncomfortable. But each of their own, I just don't find knock offs worth it.
>>
>>9339833
Can i have links for these sites, please?
The sites I'm getting don't seem to be right ones.
>>
>>9339846
Antaina sucks and isn't comparable to brand. Secret shop shoes are the same shoes as brand shoes from the exact same factory.
>>
>>9339443
This is impossible. Most copyright holders have accepted it and moved on.
>>
>>9339786
>>9339787

> lol you're fat

Exactly what I mean.

>>9339804

There's "this person is clearly new" and "oh god why".

People wouldn't let a friend go out in shitty normie clothes, why would cosplay be different? If you are doing things like leaving paint behind everytime you touch something, or your hair shows from under your wig... you might want to practice a little more.
>>
>>9339805
>fatty-chan
>yfw I'm 95 lbs

okay!
>>
>>9339871
oh look it's this annoying bitch again
>>
>>9339815
so bitter that you're not as cute as me

of course my self esteem raises when i make fun of insects like you
>>
>>9339894

The fact that you're crawling around on cgl looking to raise your self esteem says it all, 95 lb chan.
>>
>>9339871
yeah anyone can be 95lbs on an anonymous message board, prove it or stfu
>>
>>9339899
She's the asian princess who won't post any pics because it's too 'identifiable'
It's just HWC roleplaying or some shit idfk
>>
>>9339894
Holy shit are you Yumi?? That would make so much fucking sense
She's finally come to CGL after being ripped apart for her shit tutorials
>>
>>9339914

Not enough bad engrish, sadly. But that's an entertaining thought.
>>
>>9339871
>implying skinny means attractive
I bet you've got horse teeth and little beady eyes
>>
>>9339924
No no, I'm sure her big strong bf has been teaching his kawaii azn princess proper english
>>
>>9339898
>>9339899
>n-nobody can be s-s-s-s-skinnier than me!!!

you both sound like massive fatties, 95 lbs isn't even that skinny or unbelievable. better work on those figures

>>9339914
no, yumi has a disgusting face and she's a garbage Chinese

plus she's too poor to afford brand

>>9339927
i'm actually beautiful and have big eyes because i'm a hafu

how does it feel to be inferior to me?
>>
>>9339869
It's depend where you draw the shitty line, I was basically saying that people who put some effort in their cosplay but lack time, skill and money to do this hobby to the level you can normally see around shouldn't be heavily criticised.
Someone without experience may have bought a wig that doesn't perfectly fit them or may not know the perfect paint for what he's doing, if you insult him he will be disappointed for trying it other time, if you tell he that he's doing something bad and how he could do it better he'll do it better the next time.
Also, it's kind of funny that you are saying people should do cosplay only if they do it well while you are defending overweight people doing cosplay they fit well to do.
>>
>>9339937
post pretty asian feet or gtfo cunt
>>
>>9339944
why would i want to give quality fap fodder to a degenerate like you
>>
>>9339948
because you're a beautiful, docile Japanese whore that wants to be taken care of <3 let's see he feet, beauty-chan
>>
>>9339937
Okay tuna chan lmao
>>
>>9339950
not even if you paid me

my feet are for my husband, freak

>>9339951
that doesn't even make sense

how insecure do you have to feel right now to throw around nonsense insults?
>>
>>9339948
Because you are an attention whore begging for approval on 4chan?
>>
>>9339954
and you're giving me attention, aren't you

you and all of the anons who are responding to me. how stupid do you have to be?
>>
>>9339952
when your American husband fucks you do you squeak like girls do in anime? im diamonds just thinking about it
>>
>>9339952
>she doesn't know about tuna chan
first day?
>>
>>9339958
i don't waste my life here

i come here maybe once a month to rile all of you up and then leave you to your pathetic lives while i buy more brand, fuck my husband, and get more and more popular

how does it feel?
>>
Unpopular opinion
I wish there were more handmade dresses, I know a lot of them can be pretty bad, but it's nice to see what people have made.
>>
>>9339942
>if you tell he that he's doing something bad and how he could do it better he'll do it better the next time.

Yeah, but look at the age we live in anon. It's not like 20+years ago when you couldn't find shit, nowadays you're a google search away from most tutorials.

> Also, it's kind of funny that you are saying people should do cosplay only if they do it well while you are defending overweight people doing cosplay they fit well to do.

Because nothing is stopping a fatty from having good construction and make up and looking better than a skinny girl holding doritos and mountain dew and saying she'd d.va
>>
>>9339967
>Yeah, but look at the age we live in anon. It's not like 20+years ago when you couldn't find shit, nowadays you're a google search away from most tutorials.

I'm not saying that people should be cosplaying like shit, that why I talked about a shitty line, but for people that are totally new to cosplay it's really hard to do many things, I'm myself and example of this, I'm planning to do a cosplay in two months, but as a poor college student, I can't afford many things and I don't have many skills required as knitting or make-up, if after doing something hard and new to me I get laughed off I won't want to do it again.

>Because nothing is stopping a fatty from having good construction and make up and looking better than a skinny girl holding doritos and mountain dew and saying she'd d.va
Yes, there's one thing stopping the fatty, being a fatty, the body is a big part of the caracther.
It's the same than if you try to cosplay a tall caracther as a short person or a fat caracther as a bodybuilder.
>>
I guess my unpopular opinion is that HWC is boring and completely uninteresting and so are all her wannabes
>>
>>9339973
>if after doing something hard and new to me

Which is why you practice, man.

Let's put it this way: If you wanted to be a painter, would you begin with anatomy practice or would you head out to buy a canvas and try to reproduce the Mona Lisa with oils?
>>
>>9339962
Oh we are role playing now I get it
>>
My unpopular opinion is that HWC is funny as hell and everyone else is annoying by taking her seriously and replying to her bait. Seriously, how hard is it to just not reply?
>>
>>9339999
it's literally the same shit over and over again and the fact that gulls reply to the bait in the exact same manner every time is so fucking boring and so fucking predictable. It was kind of amusing the first few times I saw it happen but now it's just like, jesus fuck, why is everyone on this board so fucking stupid
>>
>>9339984
The problem is that each "practice" cost a lot, a cosplay require either a amount of time, money or a combination of the two that you can't be doing a cosplay a month just to be decent at a hobby you don't get anything from, as I said before, I'm not saying people shouldn't criticise what's wrong just that it should be done in a way the new cosplayer feel that he can do better next time instead of feeling like he shouldn't cosplay ever again.

>would you begin with anatomy practice or would you head out to buy a canvas and try to reproduce the Mona Lisa with oils?
You can practice by painting the Mona Lisa, and it won't be perfect but when you paint go and try painting the Madonna Litta it will be better than your Mona Lisa and when you try the Madonna and Saint Anne you will do much better than the previous ones, and if you decide to show it to other people around that are way better painters they shouldn't say "lel you suckz mane" and instead tell you what they did to improve.

>>9339999
Quads of truth
>>
>>9339999
seems to be a lot of new people here so they don't even know who HWC is
>>
>>9340007
Thank you! I haven't even been here that long but even I can tell when it happens and it's the other people jumping in that derail the threads
>>
>>9339558
I wouldn't even try, since I don't like sweet lolita colors and themes.
To each their own, but I'm surprised by its popularity among other styles
>>
>>9339554
I didn't say "tiny ribbons" but since english is not my main language I don't know how to call them.
I like stuff with ribbons, the headbands with ribbons, flowers, jewels etc
But I absolutely despise bonnets
>>
>>9339749
I don't know when it started that you HAVE to cosplay at a convention, but I've seen that thought process too often and that's what leads to casual cosplays everywhere. If you don't want to cosplay, you don't have to. No one will judge you for not dressing up. I go to cons out of cosplay all the time.

>>9339755
As this person said, I'm just a bitter anon expressing my unpopular opinion. As long as you have fun, you do you. I'm still going to be salty about it in my head though

>>9339812
There are thousands of characters with simple outfits
>>
I think guys make perfect anime girl cosplayers.
>flat chests
>stick waists
>stick legs
As long as they're not overweight or too man-faced. I'm more convinced by trap cosplayers as opposed to actual girls.
>>
>>9339962
Who are you trying to impress with this bullshit, exactly?
>>
I think the "Lolita voice" some girls put on is actually really cute and sweet (when not being used for cringe weeaboo talk)
>>
>>9339962
Ahh, HWC. Thought you died.
>>
>>9339854
>fril.jp
>www.mercari.com/jp/
Here you go
>>
>>9340469
nobody, but you're clearly bothered by it so i'm pleased as punch

>>9340557
HWC wishes she lived the life i do
>>
>>9340469
>>9340557
Stop fucking replying to her and she'll go away
>>
>>9339765
Because it's usually one or the other or both at the same time. I mean, there are some prints i like but the colours are naff af and others with good colours but naff print.
>>
>>9339869
What I was kinda touching on too. Go to insult to try and shut people up is to go "you're fat!"
>>
>>9339775
i dont like classic either. i feel like its a completely different fashion sometimes with the trends lately. but i also think new sweet recently is starting to not be lolita either.
>>
>>9339774
When you get into larger legs or calves it becomes more difficult to find cute patterned shit that fits.

Solid tights aren't ita, I never understand the salt cgl seems to have for them.
>>
>>9340643
they're not ita but they can fuck up a coord. just like how brand itas exist. the pieces on their own are fine but they don't coordinate well. stop looking at individual components and start looking at the entire image.
>>
>>9339952
>husband
HWC confirmed.
>>
>>9339980
No, I'd say that's a pretty popular opinion.
>>
>>9340667
because she's the only person on /cgl/ with a husband, right. everybody who's replying after she's gone is an idiot and i bet they're the same people who complain about her shitposting. stop fanning the flames.
>>
I'm much more concerned with craftsmanship than I am someone's weight
>>
File: Stay+On+Topic.jpg (24KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
Stay+On+Topic.jpg
24KB, 335x335px
OP here - I don't wanna read this shit^^
>>
I love salty, bitchy lolitas.
An adorable, sweet looking girly girl talking mad smack = my ultimate aesthetic
>>
File: BodylineHaul-03.jpg (286KB, 1600x1059px) Image search: [Google]
BodylineHaul-03.jpg
286KB, 1600x1059px
I really love Squirrel Party
>>
>>9340697
Nice backwards lettering.
>>
>>9339924
It makes sense it's Yumi. Just because she can't speak it well for the life of her doesn't mean she can't type it.
>>
>>9340592
>sweet lolita is all about prints
>what are solids
>>
>>9340711
I don't really believe it's her but she probably fakes her engrish a lot to appeae more childish and cute.
>>
>>9340676
same.

shooped pics are boring. well-lit hall shots and con videos are best. show me the reality of the cosplay, don't 2dify it.
>>
>>9340077
Only Asian guys fit this criteria
>>
>>9339715
Venues cost money. A lot of money. In fact it's almost 60% of a cons budget most of the time. If you feel entitled to space other people are renting you're just a Jew. This would also kill most new start up cons.

Now i agree not every con should have $70 badges. Cons should charge fair prices even with a cornered market but to say you want withold funds based on abstract measures of 'good' shows little business sense.
>>
>>9340874
My unpopular opinion is that I'm kinda okay with high-ish con prices and low key judge people who try to lobby con. While I get that the measures of "good" are somewhat abstract, I feel like the existence of early bird specials/reduced badge prices for buying earlier would help remedy that unknown element: the earlier you register, the less you know about what's actually going to be at the con.

Unpopular opinion #2 I love how judgemental this board is when it comes to cosplay. It gives an ideal to strive towards instead of all the "cosplay is for everyone" bullshit. There's still something magical about seeing your faves convincingly brought to life and shit cosplay kinda ruins it.
>>
>>9340643
I prefer solid tights, but I have a really 'boring' look, very plain Jane and casual. But I don't really like printed tights most of the time, they look extremely busy and a lot of the time don't match very well, they're just a distraction. If any tights are ita it'd be those ball joint tights.
>>
>>9338834
desu same, after we found out her mother is a crazy manipulative bitch and venus cut all connections w her, i like her more. some of her new videos are cringey but at least now she seems to be having fun and is doing well.
>>
>>9339704
This. We had several drag threads of different people 24/7 before new mods happened.
Newfagsâ„¢
>>
File: tumblr_mybl4dzi1u1r64vgbo1_500.jpg (121KB, 478x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mybl4dzi1u1r64vgbo1_500.jpg
121KB, 478x750px
>>9340697
Agreed. It's a super cute print if you judge it on it's own. It's once again the itas who ruin it but if you separate it from the stigma of baby's first sweet jsk I think it's great.
>>
>>9340726
>Some prints are nice but with crap colours
>Some colours are nice with crap prints

You're the only one who mentioned solids, anon
>>
>>9341032
I didnt even notice this squirrel party at first! Ive never seen it in red coord-ed nicely before
>>
>>9339055
Agree! But you can clearly see when someone just doesn't care about the costume, and only does it for the attention :/
>>9339283
I get really inspired by Nigri. She's so productive with cosplay. I really like her youtube channel when she posts tutorial or shows how she made a costume
>>
My unpopular opinion is I'm tired of some cosplayer getting a pass on their shitty costume/wig styling because they are minority.

I'm Hispanic and I don't want my talent what there is to be chalked up to my fucking ethnicity. I fucking hate seeing folk that rely on it for pity points and get by on crap because they see no reason to improve.
>>
>>9340958
>opinion #2
I totally agree anon
If I want my clit sucked I'll post my shit in Facebook but if I want real criticism and feedback, even if it's kinda bitchy, I come here.
>>
I think what nigri/other 'sexy' cosplayers do is wrong and disgusting, but i still applaud these people for making so much money off sex appeal without actually surrendering their body.

Also, I hate acts, i hate roleplaying, i hate contests that tell you to do an act but i love cosplay.

I also hate people that try to portray their fanship for a certain thing in cosplay, but just absolutely are horrid. I get that you are supposed to start somewhere, but, atleast get an unbiased opinion before you leave for a con so you're not showing up in some cardboard with a poor paint job. It's not that hard to take that paint over your prop 3x instead of one lousy time.
>>
>>9341119
I have to agree. I see a lot of cosplayers get an endless amount of praise for mediocre work JUST because people want to look like they're applauding diversity. Pisses me off both because I work hard on my cosplays and because I'd hate for someone to give me praise/kudos just because they feel like they have to. Minority cosplayers aren't some rarity anymore.

The same can be said for anyone that's fat, disabled, etc. Praise people because their work is good, not so you can feel good about yourself.
>>
I think most patterned tights are ugly as sin and that most coords would look better with more subtle patterns or solid color tights.
>>
>>9339823
my 14 year old weeb self got an AP shoulder bag from a lucky pack and used it on the reg for most of high school. 6 years later that pink fucker is still holding up just fine, I even use it at cons sometimes. but whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
I think a lot lolitas have their heads way too far up their own asses
>>
>>9341404

This is an unpopular opinion thread, not a fact thread.
>>
>>9341415
kek
>>
>>9341243
ugh same
>>
I guess this is an unpopular opinion since everyone and their mom wears them, but I hate how big wigs are in lolita. Why does no one want to work with their natural hair? And wigs just trigger ugly wig bandwagons, like twintails and rhapsody ones. Embrace your hair, make something nice out of it! I love when I recognize a person from coord to coord and see how they change their hair up for each outfit. It doesn't even matter if it doesn't "match", it's your hair, it doesn't need to other than not being a ratty mess.

I will take boring regular hair any day over a mediocre wig.
>>
>>9341616
I feel like the whole "embrace your real hair" thing should only apply to people who have reasonably long, natural-coloured hair. There's definitely a time and place where a mediocre wig will look infinitely better than real hair because neon undercuts will never look good with lolita.

Having said that, I'd also want to see more people use their real hair because I really like fancy updos with classic coords that are more historically-inspired.
>>
With exception of there tights and some collabs, I find Listen Flavor boring as hell. It are the models who make it all spectacular, but if you look at the pieces individual, it's nothing you couldn't get elsewhere or make yourself.
>>
>>9341616
Agreed, I'm kind of sick of how costumey a lot of the wigs look like, and I've always felt that wearing a wig with Lolita just enforces the idea to people that it -is- a costume, ya know :v
>>
>>9341168
Yes! I hate roleplaying too! The only people who thrive in competitions here are people with actor background.. They spout their "But cosplay means Costume + play! So you have to act!" But the name cosplay was invented in a time when roleplaying in costume wasn't a thing yet... yuk.

>>9341119
>Also, people getting a pass on their shitty costume/wig styling because they're pretty..
>>
I love mismatching colors. love it.
>>
>>9338982
Anyone who agrees with this must be a fatty themselves. Fat people ruin the true shape of the coord. They ruin the dress and I find it a disgrace that some chunky fuck can't take the time to go on a diet if they're going to spend hundreds of $$ on an outfit.
>>
I want to fat shame and slut shame people
>>
>>9338982
>Calling things "replicas" allows people to do mental gymnastics. We should call them knock offs.
I agree with this, but go all the way and call them bootlegs.
>>
I don't really hate sexy cosplayers. I just hate the endless desperation to get pageviews.

They also tend to have a combo of narcissism yet crippling self esteem issues and really need help. None can take critique and throw it to jealousy or "slut shaming" the moment a loyal beta male goes against them or they get some anon hate.
>>
>>9341887
>Fat people ruin the true shape of the coord.

So you don't like skinny girls with non asian body types, either?
>>
Danisaurz seems sweet but I really can't stand her teeth and chubby cheeks.. it kind of just ruins her whole face
>>
>>9339615
Sounds like you are, In my group everyone is pretty open about getting laid. I've been a wing-man since 2008.
>>
>>9341616
I try really hard not to wear a wig in lolita, not just because of those reasons, but because I have a large head and a wig means it looks even bigger and hats won't fit. My hair is thin, though and seems like no matter what I do to it, it looks like shit. I'm hoping that maybe growing it out will help me at least try some updos to create more volume.
>>
>>9338810
>>9338979
>>9339610
>>9339761
I have a question for all of the solid colored tights haters. How often do you wear lolita? Do you wear it daily? Weekly? Special occassions only?

In generally, it seems like the people who wear solid colored tights are daily lolitas (or close to it) because its difficult to have printed tights for every day of the week. Also, if I'm spending $25+ on tights, I don't want to ruin them doing errands or whatever.
>>
People need to stop calling anything that isn't made by Moitie 'dark classic'.

People also need to understand that there can be crossover between the styles. Not every coord fits neatly into a singular style box.
>>
>>9342239
>over $25
The reason I'll never buy those special patterned tights, I wear tights so often I burn through them. They also look fairly thin from the photos I see of them, can anyone confirm?
>>
>>9342246
Depends on the tights. Most sellers/manufacturers will tell you the denier, which should give you an idea of how thick the tights are.
>>
>>9338810
Unpopular opinion: most of the time, printed tights look clashy and awful in Lolita
>>
>>9342239
You can get printed socks for less than $5 off of Taobao in a shitton of different styles. Stop using "daily lolita" as an excuse for wearing shitty coords, it's not actually that hard.
>>
>>9342265
They just look tacky and like a part of a costume. I like really simple prints, like stripes or small floral detailing, but the tights that come with big releases usually look awful. The attention shouldn't be on your legs lol
>>
>>9342265
I'm tall with elephant legs. Wouldn't touch printed tights with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>9342265
I like to wear printed tights with non-print main pieces, because print all over is just way too much.
>>
>>9340982
I miss our queen, PT, so much. Not to mention old cgl mods
>>
I think knees/some thighs showing in lolita can be acceptable, given the coord and legwear.
It all depends on the wearers shape and style choices tho.
>>
Puppet Circus is boring. I honestly don't understand the hype.
>>
>>9342243
To add to this, when someone calls kuro lolita "sweet" lolita. No, totally solid black prints with no motifs are not sweet even if it's an AP piece. Kuro and shiro used to be regular terms and they really need to be brought back when something is just ambigous.
>>
>>9341616
i feel so proud that i dont own a single wig

sometimes i want those mintymix fluffy bun clips but after all these years i havent done it
>>
>>9341999
counterfeit
>>
>>9342704
i LOVE showing a bit of thigh. not instahoe salopette chan amount but a bit is nice. i wont wear things that completely cover my knees because im already short enough and dont need to look stumpy.
>>
>>9342265
I also agree. I would take solid coloured socks or even tights over printed tights any day. It just looks tacky and ott most of the time.
>>
>>9342239
I wear lolita a few times a month. I may not like solid coloured tights, but that doesn't mean I always go out in full-blown print OTKs. I usually order bulk tights from Aliexpress for super cheap.
>>
File: 1436931431839.jpg (300KB, 876x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1436931431839.jpg
300KB, 876x1367px
>>9342265
If you don't have any taste, yeah. They'll look good if you know how to balance your coord.
>>
>I don't think people realize that they don't have to hold a giveaway when they reach another "goal" of followers.

For the people in the back: It's not obligatory for you to have to hold a giveaway when you reach another 100 or 1000 followers. You all just give away crusty-ass teddybears or something weird. Think for yourselves, don't just follow what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>9341887
Or like, they have better things in their lives rather than cry and wail over a fat person in a dress.
>>
>>9345933
...What is this in reference to?
>>
>>9345953
>cosplayers
>followers
>facebook or instagram..
>>
>>9345933
Ppl do that because you can gain followers from giveaways.
>>
>>9345547
Requesting sauce on every single item in this picture.
>>
I don't mind Lolita's doing private meet up's. Hell, I do them all the time. However when you plan them the same day as a comm meetup that has been planed for weeks and invite almost the entire comm you are an Asshole!!! Especially when the host is a newer member.
>>
You "lolitas" should keep your fetish in your bedrooms.
>>
>>9346065
So should cosplayers tbqhfam
>>
>>9345959
I really didn't think cosplayers had giveaways.
>>
>>9345962
I think she decorated her own cardigan because I can't find any JM releases with a nesting doll & plates, but the skirt is Lief's Matryoshka Nesting Doll.
>>
>>9339498
So much this. People complain about cosplay drama, but then get on this board and start nitpicking, calling everything they don't like "cringe," and spewing hatred towards "cosfamous" or fat people. I've never seen as much drama online or at a con as I've seen at cgl.
>>
I hate how everything on /cgl/ has to somehow revolve around sex, I'm bored and sick of threads being derailed by someone greentexting about getting fucked in Burando or con orgies or about how X has cameltoe or just fucking anything to do with sex/genitals. I doubt most of it is even real, but it's just not impressive or cool either way. I think people who always talk about or allude to sex are the most boring people on the planet.
>>
I fucking hate underskirts, they look droopy and like tripe. while I'm at it, OTT classic is a flaming dumpster fire train wreck.
>>
>>9342001
This.

Also I think the "cosplay is for fun" argument is stupid. Cosplay should be about love of the character and improving your craft of portraying said character.

Cosplay "for fun" is an excuse to be a slut for the $$
>>
>>9347042
>I think the "cosplay is for fun" argument is stupid
wat.

Isn't the point of a hobby to have fun? You can take your crafting seriously while still having fun. If you're making super nice costumes but hate doing it, then what's the point?
>>
I think Tea Parties or any other kind of flat shoes in Lolita only look good on cute petite girls. I get that lots of tall girls don't want to make themselves even taller but to me it just makes them look unbalanced and fat. If you are even a bit on the taller/bigger side, for the love of god please wear some heels.
>>
>>9347058
This sounds harsh but is actually pretty solid advice. Tea parties also tend to look kind of like clown shoes in larger sizes, at least imo.
>>
>>9346706
This is the most violently virginal thing I have ever read. I know somebody hurt you. And I'm laughing cause that shit sounds hilarious.
>>
>>9346860
yes, agreed so much
>>
>>9347058
i hate when fat girls complain they "cant wear heels of any kind" even if its like less than an inch. i have pretty messed up arches and i still wear my meta platforms and i dont fucking complain
>>
>>9339557
Starch the shit out of it with heavy starch, it will look better. I don't have bonnet hate but I do think soft bonnets need to be starched to not look sad and floppy.
>>
>>9342788
Kuro or shiro can be any substyle, the requirement is just all black or all white. I have several frilly all-black coords, 1 is covered in bows and worn with the 3 bow shoes and a ruffled bonnet. That is both kuro and sweet.

Unpopular: mixing whites and creams is OK. Japanese Lolitas DO THAT, always have.

Lolita pink is not as flattering as many people like to think, it can make pale pink-ish skin look too flushed, sallow skin look yellower and brown girls look darker.

I don't mind fat Lolitas in general, they make me (lazy normie) look more slender without any effort other than to stand by them for contrast. I avoid the dresses fatties have sort of 'made their own' though, (looking at most Haenuli here and that's too bad, really) or anything with full shirring. It annoys me if they cry about being fat though.

If I see you buying junk weeb toys, eating out a lot and playing lots of games and then you cry about "no monies for lolita", I won't sympathize.
>>
>>9347128
Its probably more because they break down the soles so quickly if there's a heel. All those pounds take their toll, most fatties are very hard on their shoes. So many fat girl shoes just look busted very quickly if you start looking, especially with cheap quality like most lolita shoes. Flats last/look decent at least a little longer.
>>
>>9347050
I think what that anon meant "b-b-but cosplay is for fun" in defense when a cosplay whore gets rightfully criticized?
>>
>>9347092

Thanks for proving my point with your predictable, presumptuously uneducated reply.
>>
I want to fuck new HWC in the ass and hope you gulls push her into posting her feet.
>>
>>9347357
KEK youve opened my eyes anon, i now understand the plight of dumbolitas
>>
Kotakoti is stunning and all my goals
>>
I like bittersweet
>>
In 10 years of cosplaying, I've never bought a cosplay-print. I don't understand why someone would want a print of someones cosplay photo. It also seems so weird and pubescent to hang them in your room.
>>
I like Choke's coords and I think she's still pretty.

Doesn't excuse her business practice though.
>>
>>9348657
There are some cosplays that I really love that I've considered buying prints of but it's always just seemed weird so I never have. I guess it's sort of like using a photo as your phone background or on your computer but I wouldn't pay money for that
>>
It is not your obligation or right to unpromptedly give even constructive criticism to someone. And I say this as a person who will nitpick strangers' cosplays to crumbs in privacy.

Alcohol at cons is a terrible idea.

Good photos are just as big a part of a "finished cosplay" as craftmanship is. Not even high artistic value, but just something that flaunts your skills and contextualises the cosplay.

For a community so uppity about "lolita is not a costume!" seagulls sure treat lolita like a costume a lot more than you'r expect.

The fat hate is getting boring, if nothing else.

Furries (specifically fursuiters and people who can't hide behind anonymity) are as, if not more fun than cosplayers.

Instagram is terrible for cosplayers (I wish forums and blogs were still relevant).

If you can't indulge into being in character for a sentence or joke here or there, then what's the point?

Superhero/Disney/kids cartoons cosplayers who aren't nice and engaging towards kids/are obviously drunk on the con floor/etc. needs to stop.

Homestuck is the most amazing fandom I've ever been involved in.

>>9340069
>I don't know when it started that you HAVE to cosplay at a convention
I remember back in like, 2010, when one of the "how do I in2 cosplay???" things i read literally had "go to a con without a cosplay" as it's first point. I didn't end up following it, but i did go to the first day out of cosplay.

>>9340676
You and me both, anon.
>>
>>9349160
>For a community so uppity about "lolita is not a costume!" seagulls sure treat lolita like a costume a lot more than you'r expect.
I'd call this a fact rather than an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>9348947
I wish cosplayers made ACEO size cards and collecting and trading them with your other cards could be a fun thing. Ditto with artists at cons, more people should get into that size that already has ready-made albums and sleeves for collectors. They could be limited edition/signed/numbered if people want to charge more for them since they are small.
Ditto for lolitas at cons, printing informal ACEO to exchange with new lolita friends, hand out at the fashion show etc.
>>
>>9349166
if they only wear OTT to meets and cons and don't wear at least some everyday stuff easily and casually, I think they are treating it very much as a costume instead of really identifying with it as part of their personal fashion style.. It shows when they say 'my normie clothes' too, referring to what they wear when not in their lolita coordinates.
>>
>>9340069
I still see more people not in cosplay at cons than in it so new people just need to hear that part too. If people want to cosplay, sure, have at it, but lots of people just want to go to the convention to participate in the panels, see the sights/entertainment and shop and never want to cosplay (or wear lolita, or any jfashion etc)...and they still have lots of fun.
I think it's better for many people to attend their first con in comfy street clothes just to see what goes on over a con weekend before doing their first cosplay much less a weekend full of them.

Not sure if it's 'unpopular' but I would rather see someone wear one well done cosplay on one day of a con than 2 or more closet or half-assed ones, trying to cosplay all weekend.
>>
>>9340522
I think that is extremely creepy just as bad as the neko girls going 'nyaaaa'...Lolita is not a cosplay or character, so why not be yourself in Lolita? Do you squeak like a mouse in a mouse kigu, go "aaayyyy", when you wear a beater, or act like a gang member if you wear a biker jacket? no.
>>
>>9338791
hi bunbun
>>
>>9339541
BONNET
Lolita is inspired somewhat by the historical fashions of the Victorian and rococo time periods and historically the Victorian (and Edwardian) era had lots of great bonnets worn by women, girls and yes babies but the 'only babies wear bonnets' thing is more recent, early 20th century. So bonnets are something that is very appropriate for Lolita, even if many people (even lolitas) do not LIKE them.
>>
>>9349190
hi coconut head. you little bitch stop that
>>
>>9349174
Actually, I'm talking more about stuff like the hair/wigs debate upthread and the vicious opposition to people making the fashion wearable as a every day/street fashion. Compare how you relate to your fashion v. how goths relate to theirs.
>>
>>9348523
Her 2012 shoops are still ultimate beauty goals for me anon.
Now she shoops herself like a weird alien fetus. Even though it was all fake her pics/shoops were so pleasing to look at back then, especially in her light pink bedroom.

>tfw i'm 21 and too old to be truly kawaii as i will age,going further and further away from being a tru kawaii godessu
>>
>>9349214
I think the costume vs fashion level for everyone is a little different. But then I'm a lolita who doesn't care who thinks my clothes are a costume either.
>>
>>9347724
Well he wasn't wrong
>>
>>9349381

Except he was though, wasn't he?

>hurr durr you don't like hearing people talk about sex, must be a virgin with issues
>how can anyone not be interested in sex??? that's unpossible!
>what is asexuality
>>
>>9349389
Implying asexuality is an actual non tumblr thing
>>
>>9349396

Don't be fucking stupid.
>>
>>9349403
Asexuality is an excuse girls uninterested in their partners for more than financial stability give. Then the first chance they get they're hopin on chad's cock.
>>
>>9349415

Back to >>>/r9k/ for you.
>>
>>9349208
<3<3<3<3
not coconut head tho but close
>>
>>9349396
It's an actual documented sexuality you dumb fuck. Yes, there are people throwing it around way too easily but that doesn't stop it actually existing.
>>
>>9349455
Woah can i use your salt for my fries?

>>9349415
I agree with this.
>>
>>9349503

Mate, he's telling you why you're wrong - not salt is it??
>>
>>9349507
Because if someone has to throw ad hominem in there, then I take them probably around 99 percent less serious
>>
>>9349512

Where's the ad hominem?
>>
Whether I buy or make a costume depends entirely upon which is the cheaper option for tge quality I'm okay with. I like photos and meeting others cosplayers more than I actually like crafting and this point and I feel kind of bad about it.
>>
>>9349525
>>9349512
Not them but
>you dumb fuck
But anyway, just because there's an insult in there doesn't make the rest of it less true lol.
>>
>>9339438

Funko pop should be banned. Those things are so fucking ugly and stupid. Literally a cancer on the world.
>>
>>9349539

Yeah I was gonna say, an insult is a bit different from Ad Hominem. Someone calling them a dumbfuck just seems like the truth at this point. Ad Hominem would be if they said "Yeah well you watch MLP so what do you know about Asexuality?"

Doesn't matter though, it's time to pack up the thread guys. This one dude from /r9k/ knows all there is to know about Asexuality, he's got it all dialed; it turns out the experts were wrong and a millennia of civilization has come up short against this behemoth and his experience with the opposite sex who has kindly enlightened us with his wisdom. After all, he jerks it 12 times a day and still can't stop thinking about sex, so why would anyone else be any different?
>>
I think Lolita is pretty fucking stupid. Specially now since its turning in to Lisa Frank, vomit pink and cupcakes and sailor moon on my dress.
>>
>>9349592
vintage comment from 2011
>>
99% of people with cosplay fb pages should delete them. They're samey, mediocre cosplayers and they will never been con guests.
And some cosplayers who are con guests shouldn't be.
>>
>>9349558
Thanks I appreciate it anon
>>
>>9349512
It's a plain old insult, not an ad hominem. Fancy words are more impressive when you use them correctly.

Plus, dipshit didn't do the monumental stupidity justice. Plus I'm British so that's pretty much a compliment.
>>
>>9349597
Who says they care about being cosplay guests? I made mine strictly so random dudes from cons wouldn't try adding my personal Facebook page. I used to find them dumb but as I go to more cons and see more people, I think it's good for that reason alone.
>>
>>9349174
For some people wearing parts everyday is impractical. Lolita is expensive, if you work someplace messy then wearing your lolita pieces doesn't make sense cause you risk ruining them. It doesnt have to be anything catastrophic either. I'm a crafter\work with a crafter and the risk of getting glue and paint or nicking or getting caught on something and tearing my shirt, skirt, tights, jewelry is a major reason I wear tshirts and jeans everyday. If im running out to do errands i dont want to take an hour to get ready for 5 minutes of being outside so i wear something simpler. My main chances to dress up (in any j-fashion) is meetups, pre planned events and conventions. If doesn't make me any less of a participant in these fashions and i don't treat them as a costume is just that i have the time to dedicate to getting fully dressed at those times.
I used myself as an example because its easier to talk about my experiences but I also have lolita and j-fashion friends that are nurses, EMTs and work with animals who are the same way.
>>
>>9348657
Same, I think it's weird. I mentioned once to friends that I liked Yaya Han's craftsmanship, and they've bought me prints of her numerous times and insist that I'm obsessed with her or something. So now I just have a bunch of Tata pics I don't know what to do with.
>>
>>9349760
Oh no no it is, don't worry
>>
>>9349431
shut the fuck up. I know its you.
>>
>>9349954

Not him but an insult isn't ad hominem.
>>
>>9349994
It is though
>>
>>9349595
underrated
>>
>>9350003
Ok.

With all do respect, my dear sir, but your opinion is that of idiocy. For you see, asexuality is a sexuality that has been most thoroughly documentated and has several decades of research behind it, thus meaning it is not something that just exists on Tumblr.

However, there are people out there who are too free with calling themselves asexuals, when they are actually going through a phase.

Better?
>>
>>9350003
It's really not mate. He made his point and ended with an insult. All you're proving right now is that you are a dumb fuck
>>
>>9349415
Shouldn't you be yelling for mommy to get you some tendies?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 588x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 588x490px
>>9349396
jfc anon
>>
>>9349558
kek 10/10 anon
>>
>>9342266
Printed socks of what quality? Quality that's so awful you'll have to spend more on 6 pairs of socks and shipping than you would for the $25< socks?
>>
>>9349160
So you're a boring straight-edge, fat, a furry AND a homestuck? What a combo.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.