[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "DynamicCon's Moment of Truth" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 37

Previously, in our thread about alcohol abuse, burned skin and gremlins >>9322884
>Soldering electronics
>Crafting table hacks
>Coloured contact lenses and how not to use them
>Make-up talk, and lot's of it!
>Blazebutt says hi
>Animecon needs to show Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
>Some shitty hobby shop doesn't carry acrylic spray primers. I mean what the fuck?!
>Never ask a pale person if they are okay. For the record, pale femanon is not okay.
>How to arrange a photo shoot, even if your outfit is "bad"
>Should photo shoots be paid or free?
>Femanon is planning a lolita-meet in the south
>Dime a dozen cosplays and why people do them
>Using vaporizers and an aquarium pump as a compact smoke machine
>Pre-DynamicCon talk
>DCC announced their new judges for the CC
>Some other stuff

The five next major events:
>Dynamic Con (January 29th, Eindhoven NB), another newcomer on the scene targeted at everything cosplay.
>Yaycon (February 19th, Amersfoort UT), yaranaika?
>Showmasters Comic Con Rotterdam (March 4th & 5th, Rotterdam ZH), a con exactly like ACC only in Rotterdam.
>Dutch Comic Con (March 25th & 26th, Utrecht UT), a con exactly like X-mas DCC, only with more stands and people.
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
The full calendar can be viewed at wwww.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>The Dutch Thread companion site with our community store list and calendar can be found at www.churi.nl
>Ignore shitposts and attention whores. Attention is what they want, so let's not give them any.
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Sadly posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed.
>Posting WIP pictures or about your current projects is encouraged

Strawpoll: Are you going to DynamicCon? www.strawpoll.me/12197459
Strawpoll for Lolita Femanon: Are you interested in a lolita-meet in the south? www.strawpoll.me/12203891
>>
>>9332951
Once again Tully I enjoyed reading the intro, loving the good work.
>>
>>9332756
>>9332880
>>9332900

Also #Teamisanami here. Please get lost tomoanon.
>>
File: BahHumbug.jpg (25KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
BahHumbug.jpg
25KB, 620x350px
>>9332966
#TeamFuckOffGTSTDrama
>>
>>9332966
Please don't bring that shit in this thread.
>>
>>9332951
>Using vaporizers and an aquarium pump as a compact smoke machine
totally missed this in the last thread, thanks Tully. I'm going to re-read the thread now.
>>
File: churi-chan_turn_off_the_light.jpg (394KB, 1914x2160px) Image search: [Google]
churi-chan_turn_off_the_light.jpg
394KB, 1914x2160px
Whoops, I've added one w too many on the agenda link. Sorry gulls, guess it can't be helped ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>9332964
>>9332982
No problem Anon, after doing this for so long I don't even know any better.

>Tully
No, Tully-chan (churi-chan) is the cute mascot and voice activated hotel room gizmo from Huis ten Bosch. I started using (and hiding) her in the OP images ever since a femanon posted it here way back. Well that and it makes for a perfect coverup as people always assume I'ma girl because of it. No, I'm just your friendly neighbourhood OP who is in it for the money.
>>
>>9332985
Now I spend my time looking for tully in this pic but I don't think it's in there, is it?
>>
>>9333003
No, I didn't edit a single thing on this OP pic, in fact I pulled it from Google and used it straight away. I really need to find the time to build/shop/draw a new collection sometime soon.
>>
File: Tully.jpg (35KB, 430x486px) Image search: [Google]
Tully.jpg
35KB, 430x486px
Why do all the Tullies except this one have those weird signs on their head? What's up with the inconsistency?
>>
>>9333009
love the tags in the filename.
>>
I was going to cosplay as mikasa from attack on titan but 8/10 times on my period during cons. Fucking white pants.
>>
>>9333014
pill is the best thing ever for trying to go to cons regularily.
>>
File: tullytullytully.jpg (99KB, 927x1061px) Image search: [Google]
tullytullytully.jpg
99KB, 927x1061px
>>9333011
Great, now I rewatched the 3 op Reis episode and both the Tully standing in the hotel lobby and the drawn Tully's in the instruction manual are all missing the hearts. Thanks Anon, now I'm wondering which version is the right one.
>>
>>9333014
>>9333026
Prikpil is pretty awesome too with the most common side effect being not getting any periods until it wears off. It's pretty much the most awesome thing as long as you don't get or can't handle any of the other side-effects.
>>
>>9332964
>>9332985
lol I got confused before realizing that "Tully" in that sentence was actually just referring to OP.
>>
File: DSC02217.jpg (291KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02217.jpg
291KB, 1200x1600px
>>9332985
>>9333011
>>9333042
Dat femanon here. Now I'm confused too. The Tully mascot I saw at Huis Ten Bosch also had the hearts though. I think all the mascots have hearts at least, that other picture is some sort of lamp statue (but the reason I posted that one was because I thought it was super cute!). I'm just taking a wild guess, that the hearts may have a function. But idk what the function is for the lamp. Btw idk if you saw/noticed before, but there are also more versions than pink (though I'm guessing it is the 'original' color).
>>
>>9333145
Wait, are those hearts meshes? Maybe they added them later on so the person inside the costume can actually see where they're going.
>>
>>9333172
You're probably right. The last time I was at htb, the hearts were used for the person inside to see where (s)he's going, in addition to the aides walking with Chuli.
>>
>>9333014
I've got an IUD (mirena) and the first time it stopped me from having a period for 4 years. Now I get them again with my 2nd one, but they're not as bad anymore. They're slowly getting less again. So maybe after a while, I'll stop having periods again.
>>
>>9333172
>>9333517
Yeah that makes sense, and that was indeed what I was thinking too.
>>
I'm pretty excited for Dynamiccon to be honest, but mostly because the focus on pokemon is so present. It reminds of the good old days when we still had pokemonday.
>>
>>9333014
get a mooncup. As long as you empty it twice a day there's only a very small chance of leakage but that's if you put it in wrong.
>>
Why am I craving for tomato soup all of a sudden?
>>
>>9333752
>period talk
>tomato soup
Ew get outta here anon
>>
File: AhegaoSmiley.png (67KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
AhegaoSmiley.png
67KB, 256x256px
>>9333752
>>9333812
Real chunky and nutty,
Like squirrel poop.
>>
For fuck sake, what is it with people and announcing what closet cosplay they will be wearing?
>>
update on smoke machine: got the cartomizer and aquarium pump in the mail. Still waiting for the rest
>>
>>9333903
Closet cosplays are lame, go hard or go home! j/k but I rarely recognise closet cosplayers.
>>
>>9333903
Because they want to get recognised or else nobody will
>>
File: PRIMEUR MALE ELI.png (150KB, 532x485px) Image search: [Google]
PRIMEUR MALE ELI.png
150KB, 532x485px
I can't wait to see the first male Eli in Europe!
>>
>>9334042
How is that a first? how did he/she know? What.
>>
>>9334042
>>9334043
CosNL has this stuff and then theres this shit in the cosplay sale groups

>DESPERATE NEED *insert super specific outfit from obscure anime that the character wore one time for event such*
>I KNOW I CAN BUY ONLINE PLS NO ONLINE LINKS
>I NEED IT BEFORE *insert date 2 weeks away*
>MY BUDGET IS MAX 10EU
>ORIGINAL ONLY PLS AND WITH WIG
>CAN U INCLUDE SEND COSTS CANNOT PICK UP
>>
>>9334050
Marktplaats is just as bad. Last year I decided to sell off most of my manga. Everything was in good condition (no folds, broken spines, stains etc), read once and stored out of direct sunlight. I only charged €1~€3 per volume (depending on the series and amount bought) as I just wanted to clear up some closet space and didn't cared that much about the money.
Now the older series had a few people outbidding each other and ended up selling for €4~€6 per volume. The newer stuff on the other hand had a bunch of teens (yes I look up my bidders on Facebook) begging me to lower the price to as little as 25 cents each and/or cover the shipping fees. Obviously I ignored those bids and ended up selling everything at a decent price to those who were old enough to drink.

>tl:dr; youngsters have no idea on the value of things and can't even comprehend how I would be losing money by covering a €7 shipping fee on a €4 sale.
>>
>>9334042
It's a guy in a suit with a badly tied tie, how is this even a cosplay?
>>
>>9334139
By wearing a wig of course! /s
>>
>>9334160
Ah, ofcourse I must've forgotten. Thank God I can keep him divided from the 16000 other characters casually wearing suits and have the same basic blonde wig.

... And I bet they'll get mad when I don't recognize 'em either.
>>
>>9334139
>>9334160
>>9334164
I prefer these than hundreds of picture hungry harley quins, deadpools and d.vas.
>>
>>9334170
Well, anything is better than that. Really me ripping on them is rather out of just wanting to rip on something. In the end I just like to be a grumpy fucker on a Malaysian Airplane finding picture board.
>>
>>9334164
Just compliment him on his cosplay of [other character who shares his physical traits here] every time you walk by. You're bound to get it right eventually! /jk

>>9334170
Agreed, especially with most Harleys and Deadpools being some of the most obnoxious people I've ever met. Plus let's not forget that the people who do basic/closet cosplays are genuinely having fun, and to me that's more important than the quality of a (non competition) cosplay.

>>9334128
Somewhat off-topic, but I am so glad I decided keep my old hardcover copy of the Serial Experiments Lain artbook. +€140 for a used copy, what the actual fuck?
>>
I kinda wanna go to Dynamicon but I'm also kinda in the middle of exams.
>>
>>9334050
I feel like you never get your stuff sold if it's over 50 euros for a costume, unless it's a popular character. Which kind of sucks if you have a costume that's not even used.
>>
>>9334187
Armor usually goes for a lot more but with cloth a lot of people feel like they should not pay more than ebay sales i guess, since most cloth cosplays can be found online. Even if it's a much higher quality.
>>
>>9334175
Have you ever gone to a cheap con or meetup? Those closet cosplayers are 9/10 times worse than harleys and deadpools, most of the time their parents don't give them money for cosplay and/or they are too young to afford spening money on it, so they do a closet cosplay and herpaderp around.
>>
>>9334187
If it's a selfmade cosplay I'm always iffy about it, like is it well made or only look good from a distance? I've had a few shit costumes that were made by cosplayers themselves.
>>
>>9334200
>>9334214
Yeah I was actually mainly talking about things that were originally bought from ebay/aliexpress/whatever and that are already sold for cheaper than the store prices already. Like if you bought something accidentally in the wrong size, or just decide you don't plan to use it anymore, you're basically have to be prepared you're not seeing most of your money back from that failed investment.
>>
>>9334212
Nah, I can't help but smile when I see those people derping around. They remind of myself 10 years ago and how easy it was for me to have fun at even the shittiest get-togethers. Inviting people over, staying up all night and drinking shit sake bought at the toko after the parents had gone to bed, hooking up our external hard drives to share series because we all had shitty ADSL lines, that glorious feeling of anticipation when you go to a con. Good times...
Or rather good times for the first 15 minutes, after that they become nothing but white noise to me.
>>
Anyone else has those days where they plan to do a lot of cosplay work but when the day is there you're so lazy and tired and end up not doing jack shit?
>>
>>9334750
Almost every day
>>
>>9334754
heh. I'm going to try and push myself regardless... even if it's some minor...oh nevermind. WoW & Netflix it is.
>>
File: 1478984765822.jpg (45KB, 410x391px) Image search: [Google]
1478984765822.jpg
45KB, 410x391px
>>9334750
Yes, and then I feel even worse for wasting a day doing nothing.
>>
>>9334759
I know..that's how I feel now. I kinda want to do something... anything... but I can't really do anything at the moment, well I can but I don't want to bring out everything. Maybe I can cut fabric...that's not too hard.
>>
>>9334175
I have so much regret that I chose a Harley cosplay. I saw the other Harley cosplayers for the first time some time ago, and NEVER AGAIN.
>>
>>9334776
It's a tripple edged sword to me: If I give in and do nothing I'll feel bad. If I try to do something and fail or don't meet my standards I'll feel worse. If I try to do something and succeed I might feel better.
But het, at least I have my "good days" where I make up for all my lost time. Plus I'm almost ready for painting which is fun!
>>
>>9334785
Ooooh I love painting. It's when things come together! I need to coat more stuff in latex and properly coat them, then start painting. I have all the paints I need...almost. I ended up cutting fabric for the leggings anyway.
>>
>>9334778
I'm still going to cosplay as harley someday, but I want to wear a less common outfit.
>>
>>9334837
My thoughts exactly! I meant right now everything just looks a mix of different colours of foam. It isn't until I get the base coat on that I actually start seeing the final product appear in my head.
But yeah, depression sucks about as much as the only meds that work also bringing you unacceptable beside effects.
>>
>>9334872
Like what? Most anti depressants only tend to give me apathy. Which in all due respect is not such a bad side effect considering the other side of the spectrum.
>>
>>9334778
Why never again?
>>
>>9334859
Almost all of them have been done already. Even the fanart ones.
>>
>>9334859
Lol. Harley quinn is such an overrated character. Are there even any good harley cosplayers out there?
>>
>>9334890
The real question is does it matter? I cosplay for fun not to become popular or the very best no one ever was.
>>
>>9334887
Anti depressants triggered apathy, excessive weight gain, strong suicidal thoughts and impotency on me. I quit them cold turkey (not a smart move I might add, but keep in mind I was 17 at the time) and relied on my therapy only which went great for a while. Then things got worse, I got diagnosed with bipolar II and I got to play with mood stabilisers which were far worse on me. Well, except lithium, that stuff is acceptable despite the tremors and my short term memory being broken.
>>
>>9334914
Isn't apathy one of the main symptoms of depression anyway? What is this supposed to cure?
>>
Aninecon just anounced that the WCS would return to the con.
Best move ever. Firstlook was just butchering the whole thing.
>>
>>9334916
The constant feeling of being down obviously. But in my case it just made me feel empty. No pain, no joy, nothing and I'd rather be dead than going through life feeling nothing at all.
As for mood stabilisers, they are supposed to balance you out a bit so you don't go full depressed, manic, or end up in a dangerous mixed state. But luckily I know my limits so I don't really go mad anymore.
>>
>>9334924
I agree. Firstlook was a mess
>>
>>9334932
If Animecon wants someone else to handle the WCS they could branch out to other venue's there is more than just Abunai besides Animecon /notomo
>>
>>9334943
I don't understand your point could you elaborate pls.
>>
>>9334943
Not yaycon #nohomo
>>
>>9334890
Other than what >>9334913 mentioned, and implying you mean the ones with all the right details: yes there are. Seek and you'll find them.
>>
>>9334947
Animecon could drop a line to duhevents, the company. I am pretty sure they would be in for it.
>>
>>9335016
Aren't those the same guys that run PartyNL and Campzone?
>>
>>9334943
So you missed the notion WCS was at firstlook first? Which is different from Abunai.
>>
>>9335021
True, which Firstlook absolutely butchered :) I reckon Animecon wants another venue to spread out the events. That they don't have a monopoly on all cosplay events that ''matter''
>>
>>9335091
Wich cosplay events?
>>
>>9335100
>CWM
>ECG
>WCS
>Yamato
>CICAF
>BorderCos
>probably more that I'm forgetting.
Not sure if you're serious or joking..
>>
>>9335138
Let met rephrase the question, wich events that Animecon don´t have but do matter?
>>
>>9335143
Ah. No idea.
>>
>>9335019
ye

Would be nice if there wasnt such a labyrinth of contests at animecon and nothing anywhere/anytime else. I feel like i should plan ahead for a year to be able to do anything significant at animecon, and i'm not a person for planning.
>>
>>9335143
TomoTaste!
>>
>>9335138
I think this is 99% because of their chair person. I mean if any other event had the connections they could do the prelims. So is it a qudstion of animecon taking all the events or other events not trying/careing?
>>
>>9335154
Sorry to break it for you anon, but if cannot dedicate that far, you should not try for the big prizes since you have to work on the finals afterwards.

>>9335196
I think it is more than that. You must be able to organise it as well. Having participated in a few competitions in NL, there is a clear difference between what their stage manager does and other conventions. If anyone deserves props it is her.
>>
>>9334943
But who? Have you see any event that handles their cosplay contest seriously? Firstlook with WCS was a mess. Abunai is already not to great for years and the other conventions can't even create a half decent show.
I think that as long as a convention does not have a good cosplay competition running without big prizes it should not be the stage for a prelims.
>>
>>9335143
Well... Eurocosplay prelim is at Abunai only this year so that's something.
I just wonder for how long. Abunai had the C4 prelim for one year before it was moved to Firstlook so it probably didn't work out too great.
>>
>>9335530
It may not surprise you, but I have little faith in Abunai's cosplay contests.
>>
>>9335530
That is because of the rules of eurocos. Next year it will be Animecon again.
>>
So how's DynamicCon and is it worth a last minute visite?
>>
>>9335744
No by god this location is crap
>>
>>9335219
But what does she or they or whatever do different? I've never competed but maybe want to. Every con has a competition, not sure what to look for.
>>
>>9335791
Karlijn and her team work their asses off for their cosplayers.
They help and give tips. And backstage its 100% good energy and helpfullness.
Also the tech guys are there to help, they gave me good advice on my light plan and they realy worked their asses off to make the show look amazing.
What they do what many conventions dont do is work with you to make your show amazing. And help you to get better.
Abunai and many other cons do cosplay compos because its expected and not because they care.
>>
>>9335789
Really, was is that bad?
>>
>>9335789
The Dynamo is way too small for a con like this. I don't get why they chose Dynamo. Like right next to Eindhoven station is het beursgebouw which would be way better
>>
>>9336003
Probably because they didn't expect that many people. Dynamo is basically a youth-centre. Had it been a 'big' con which didn't have it's first time, Beursgebouw would've been more logical, for I doubt it's a cheap location.
>>
>>9335946
They at least capped visitors so while it was busy with 500, not /too busy/(unlike 99% by everyone's favorite con organizer). I liked it for the few fun conversations I've had.
>>
I really liked Dynamiccon. I competed in the competition and it was nicely organised for a first time.
No food though, except the sandwiches at the maid cafe (they where pretty tasy but not really filling)
>>
>>9336052
I didn't mind the lack of food as the location was in the centre of Eindhoven and you could go in and out of the venue at any time. Happy italy was right next door and hema was on the other side of the street. As was a sushi and wok and a snackbar, so lots of choice.
>>
>>9336011
That's actually good to hear. I was afraid the place would end up too crowded and judging by the cap I guess it's a good thing I decided to get get off my train early to check things out.

>>9336052
More good news, sounds like a second edition might be worth checking out depending on the events they have next time.
>>
Dynamicon expected about 5 tot 10 people to show up for the pokemon shoot (which already started an hour later than announced on the program AND the website), so they hosted it in one of the already cramped basement rooms. About 50 people actually showed up in poke cosplay for the shoot, and the organisation loudly vocalized that. The entire shoot was moved outside because of that. Most of the shoot ended up being about Pretzel and Kinpatsu, but there were some nice group shots taken.
The room they picked was horrible for a shoot in the first place, because the lighting in the room was terrible.
I'll give the organisation the benefit of the doubt because this was the first edition, but I don't think I'll go next year. The location really isn't great.

>>9336052
The professional cosplayers were really good! The amateurs had some highlights too, and I still have no idea what that last category was supposed to be.
>>
>>9336066
I wouldn't really feel comfortable walking through the city in cosplay.

>>933609
Last category was bought cosplays.
>>
Talking about first-time cons...Worthing gets a comic con (where I live).. I wonder if it will be any better than Dynamiccon. I don't know anything about the organisation and the cosplay contest is 'register-on-the-day' I may just waltz in with Cordana. Oh and tickets are a blistering....

£8.
>>
>>9336897
I'm not very fond of comic cons. It's usually just a large dealer room with some actors which you have to pay to take a photo. Even trash like tomofair has more workshops!
>>
>>9336052
I totally missed the prize show, who won ?
>>
>>9336907
Nor am I fond of them, but I'm glad at least something is happening in this town.
>>
>>9332966
we only post when unreasonable shit is thrown our way. so it's entirely in your hands.

we are watching you....
>>
>>9337014
Watching who? It's just you against at least 3 other anons here.
>>
>>9336897
€9,50 for a comic con? Yeah in okay with that. Now go win that competition and make me proud!

>>9336907
Same here, but at least last DCC had some workshops. It's a shame though a lot of the stands were selling the same trash. At some point it almost was as if I got stuck in a loop of the same 4 stands.
>>
@dynamocon pokemonshoot

It is funny how all the shabbier quality costumes are in the front blocking all the somewhat more intrinsic costumes in the background.
>>
>>9337014
>We are watching you
Mind telling me in which bush in Oss you are hiding? I've just set a fresh pot of coffee and figured you might want some.
>>
>>9337048
They told the taller people to stand in the back and the whole photoshoot was a disorganised mess anyway. I'm pretty sure most of the people with impressive costumes got photoshoots on their own afterwards anyway so eh.
>>
>>9337045
It's the 1st of July so it'll take a while.
>>
I saw this picture the last few days. Who is the chicken and who is the egg.
>>
>>9337113
But is it based on a scene from the anime?
>>
>>9337113
I don't know. but I know that pic is taken last summer at Animecon so it's already at least 8 months old (I think?)
>>
>>9337113
#copyphotography
>>
>>9337142
It sais January 16 on the other post. that makes it 12 months.
>>
>>9337159
Ah yes, I forgot we're in 2017 already. But if >>9337138 is correct, I'm not sure if it's a problem or an overused/typical scene.
>>
>>9337113
>>9337158
I mean, who didn't see the tons of tracers suddenly posing with supports and guys in black morphsuits after tasha did it. And then they had to post 'this is how we made this shoot happen'
>>
>>9337163
or a blatant rip off without crediting.
>>
>>9337169
Hence me calling it 'a problem'
>>
>>9336913

Poison Ivy & co won the group.
Winx club girl beginners
Phoenix girl proffesional
Walking dead girl bought
>>
this picture is plagiarism, I rewatched their only known battle from season 1 (ep 5) and there's no shot with that position, also Yata, (the one with the skateboard) wasn't fighting Fushimi, (the one with the sword) with his bat. also, it's fine to use references and examples, but this... not really my cup of tea.
>>
>>9337113
what's the point of removing the username when you leave it in the URL..so dumb
>>
>>9337279
At least Anon is not trying to hide the fact that it's copy pasted
badum tss
>>
>>9335789
The location of the con was pretty small. But at least the athmosphere was great and the people wellspread accross the building. Also the bars and free cotton candy were really nice.
>>
File: o.jpg (25KB, 292x168px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
25KB, 292x168px
>>9337296
>>
>>9337113
regardless if plagarism it's very interesting to see these pictures right next to each other.
I would have said the picture below is decent but comparing it to the other one shows it really lacks the dynamic composition of the framing. It looses a lot of energy.

So here, Ladies and Gentleman, you can see the difference between a good photographer and just some person, who claims to be one. If you want to copy something at least have the skill to make it worth it.
>>
>>9336363
Whatever. It was Sunday and carnaval season is on right now so nobody bothered the cosplayers.
>>
>>9337395
Carnaval season isn't until late february. Unless you count 11-11, cosplayers will get bothered as it is not carnaval yet.
>>
>>9337404
Brabander or Limburger detected. Awesome. But yes, 11-11 is the only 'other' celebration that's done in costume. From that moment on, it's all planning and preparation for the actual carnaval.
>>
>>9337427
Or one of those from the north who celebrate what they believe is carnaval, you never know.
>>
>>9337445
As someone from Noord-Holland: never ever saw any event related to carnaval here or people that seemed to celebrate it. The only reason I happen to know it's around February is because a long long time ago, when I bought some cosplay stuff at the Albert Cuyp, people actually thought I was buying it for carnaval lol.
>>
>>9337551
I grew up in Amsterdam (Oud-West) and there used to be carnavalsoptochten in the past. I believe I still have some pictures from me and my sister visiting one somewhere 1995~ish. There's also an active carnavalsvereniging in Osdorp, although they stopped doing parades as they are the only carnavalsvereniging left in the area now.
I miss living a city where you could easily avoid carnaval...
>>
>>9337551
>>9337607
Some elementary schools in Amsterdam also "celebrate" carnival by letting kids dress up at school and do one of the danses? (my memory is kinda clowed about that time).

Carnival does exist above the Rhine, but you've to seek it. Which is a blessing and a curse on it's own. Blessing because the Randstad is already crowded enough. Curse because party stores are crap here (thank god for Backstage) and Brabantse party stores sale next to the usual crap, good petticoats, costumes, wigs and schmink.
>>
>>9337404
You might get a few stares as usual, but the worst you can get is someone shouting "It isnt carnaval yet!"
It was in the middle of Eindhoven and I did not see anyone get bothered by non-cosplayers.
>>
>>9337974
It actually made me strangely sad to not be able to be in my hometown in cosplay. Sometimes, I definitely miss it. And my friends & family of course.
>>
>>9337990
You could always come back for Abunai as well.
>>
>>9337551
>>9337665
Utrechter here, for us carnaval is really only something for elementary school kids and college students looking for an excuse to get shitfaced. Compared to Brabant and Limburg it's practically nonexistent. Funnily enough yelling "It's not carnaval!" at lolitas (and probably stray cosplayers) on the streets is ubiquitous, no matter if you're in the north or in the south. It unites us!
>>
>>9337665
Not the two I've been to, the strangest things we had was pyjama day in groep 3 and some cultural appreciation day on the second school where we got the girls to dress up in hoola skirts.
>>
>>9338113
It's not worth the effort. I'd rather spend a week at home and meet my friends without having to pay for a con that I don't really enjoy that much.
>>
File: SAM_4303.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_4303.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>9324516
Hi Blazikont! I'm the creepy anon that took those pictures of your magnificent derrière without your written permission in threefold. Thanks for posting that pic. If you ever feel like sitting on someone's face, give me a shout. xoxo
>>
>>9338240
Thanks for the notice, I think I'm good for now.
>>
Anyone got some pictures from Dynamiccon to share?
>>
>>9337551
Wut? I used to live in a little town in noord holland and carnaval was the 'dress up and get shitfaced' event of the year. We had an entire team of prince carnavals, their own cheerleading squad that would visit schools (basisschool tho) and every kid dressed up to school, we even had parades if the budget allowed it.
>>
>>9338325
I'm going through the event pages right now. Kinda annoying that DynamicCon didn't post the winners (or any of the contestants) of the CC anywhere, let alone a list with pictures. Then again the same can be said of most competitions out there.
>>
File: oppai.jpg (166KB, 912x1368px) Image search: [Google]
oppai.jpg
166KB, 912x1368px
>>9338325
>>9338441
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNfGKRHApRg
http://www.ed.nl/regio/eindhoven/cosplay-in-dynamo-eindhoven-overstijgt-het-carnavalsniveau-video-1.6865411
Eindhovens Dagblad was at DynamicCon and of course they made the link to carnaval.

As for the following items, just put the FB link before them:

/pg/Van-Hoogstraten-fotografie-322966594574288/photos/?tab=album&album_id=605166443020967
A bunch of pictures taken at the con and outside.

/pg/AsgardSings/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1106904686105451
Pictures taken at karaoke

/pg/vincentleefotografie/photos/?tab=album&album_id=631260943724434
Impression shots, the Pokemon group shoot and the concert.

/pg/Mud040/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1311503868893474
Lots of face shots and close ups by Mud Magazine (never heard of it)

/pg/Zerkonphotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=649840455201222
/pg/MoonhunterPhotography/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1628940320734552
Some shoots, nothing too special

/bart.vankerkhove.7/media_set?set=a.10211971155783300.1073741971.1504836903&type=1&l=2e652771ec
/pg/RedMoonTiger/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1099840616804732
Just some albums from people who know how to press the shutter button. Thought I might as well include these.
>>
>>9338461
Too bad about the awkward facial expression
>>
>>9338461
>Hello Captain America, what brings you here?
>The train

My sides
>>
File: haveityourway.jpg (368KB, 912x1368px) Image search: [Google]
haveityourway.jpg
368KB, 912x1368px
>>9338582
Better?
>>
>>9338607
Ahegao makes everything better. Now all it needs is scène 2, 3 and 4 after the tentacles have her way with her.
>>
File: scene2.jpg (370KB, 912x1368px) Image search: [Google]
scene2.jpg
370KB, 912x1368px
>>9338618
/d/ is that way ->
>>
How do you even get interviewd for stuff like the Eindhovens dagblad? I'd love to do stuff like that.
>>
>>9339152
They just stand there and if they find someone interesting they go up to them. I didn't want to be interviewed but they just shoved a mic to my face
>>
Is having a sugar daddy a thing in the Netherlands, or is it more of an American thing? I'm moving there next semester and I've been fantasising about having an older man buy me stuff for ages. I don't know where I would find a wealthy, weeby/geeky guy tough. And I don't want the Dutch lolita or gyaru comm to find out and expose me on btb or something which could impact my future career.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>9339269
>>
>>9339287
Does this mean the idea of having a Dutch sugar daddy is so unusual it makes you think it's bait, or is it just really hard for you to understand some poeple don't want a traditional relationship?
>>
>>9339298
Neither, just you posting some very poor bait. Try a bit harder next time, okay?
>>
>>9339313
I don't know what to say to make you believe I'm serious so..can someone please just answer my question or kindly point me in the direction of a better place to ask?
>>
>>9339323
I'd say try an escort service, or someplace else where they got next to no moral fibre.
>>
>>9339325
>>9339346
If it wasn't clear this is actually something that turns me on so I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have to "spread my legs" nor would I be happy to do it with a stranger (escorting) hence common interests are important. These replies are helpful tough, you reminded me prostitution is legal in the Netherlands and I might actually get closer to what I want if I contact a service like that. So thank you.
>>
>>9339350
Find older nerd at convention, sleep with him let him make you his waifu > profit.
Most older single guys at conventions like younger girls, just dont be too much of a weaboo and try to have some smart convo.
>>
>>9339298
I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, but this is definitely not considered a normal thing to do here. There are people who have a sugar daddy or a relationship with an older person but that's typically met with skeptism (ie she's only in it for the money) and looked down upon.
You can definitely find someone into this stuff here, but do realise the Dutch community (con, lolita and also the neighbourhood you live in) are relatively small and news travels fast.
With that being said, there is an active kink community in the Netherlands complete with (closed) parties, meets and fairs. Odds are you'll have a better chance finding what you are looking for on Fetlife.

>>9339350
Hot as it might sound to you to become a perverted fucktoy by night and letting strangers have their way with you in a playful, yet forceful way, maybe with some orgasm denial thrown in there and pushing your boundaries ever so slightly every time to further corrupt your already deviant mind, do realise a fantasy does not always play out as you may have imagined it.
>>
>>9339269
>2017
>thinking sex work is easy
>>
File: WereCrossIfImUsingThis.png (173KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
WereCrossIfImUsingThis.png
173KB, 500x758px
>>9339350
>>9339367
>>9339323
>>9339298
>>9339269
>>
>>9339269
So the next American that's into both Gyaru and Lolita is looking for a sugar daddy. Way to be anonymous.
>>
>>9339367
This is the truth though. Even when I had a serious relationship with a man much older than me, people thought I was having a sugardaddy, except he had almost no money at all.

Don't expect people to be very open to it desu. As this anon says, you're probably more successful in the kink & fetish communities.
>>
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I didn't mean to bother the people in this thread and I hope I didn't derail it too much, I just came here because I hope to find someone who is also into anime/vidya/jfashion. I will try my best to keep it a secret from the Dutch lolita and gyaru comm.

>>9339388
Plot twist: I said that to hide my identity, I'm actually from Australia.
>>
>>9339388
Seriously, Google gives more hits with 'the Netherlands sugardaddy' than this community, who she also doesn't want to know about her kinks, can give.
I really hope it's bait, because as soon as a new foreigner joins any comm, we know it's her.

But if not, go look into the kink community. You clearly aren't smart enough to compete with dutch escorts, and would only end up in hands of bad pimps.
>>
>>9339418
Or is THAT just something to hide your identity, as you noticed you fucked up and quickly try to fix it.

We will never know
>>
Alright, dumping a few random pictures from >>9338461 in an attempt to get things back on-topic again.
>>
The Pokemon group as mentioned by >>9337048
>>
And yet another DC that shows absolutely no love for the Flash. Seriously people, what the actual fuck?
>>
>>9339468
What always amazed me is how these people aren't freezing.
Is it just plain perseverance, or?
>>
Shame this one is underexposed. But still, it's a cosplay from McGee's Alice so I don't mind.
>>
>>9339472
Probably, after all you have to suffer to look good. Speaking of people who were freezing, I doubt this guy was.
>>
It might be an unpopular opinion, but I feel only the Doctor has the right to wear a long scarf.
>>
Anyone sharing the love of the One True God is worth posting!
>>
I am purely writing these messages to kill time as I wait for the post time limit to pass.
>>
And one more to end it. Now could we please keep things somewhat on-topic? I've had enough talks about periods, birth control, depressions, kinks and carnaval for one thread.
>>
>>9339483
Its the dead pause between good conventions. Dcc will give us something to talk about soon
>>
>>9338240
>>9338244
I think we have the next dutch cosplay sextape drama in the making here.
>>
>>9339472
Someone asked me for a photoshoot at the van Abbemuseum, and I was wearing a cosplay without shoes (with socks fortunately). I forgot to bring extra shoes so I was outside with wet toesocks for over an hour..
>>
>>9339532
I have to give it to Blazikont. That is one fine derrière ma'am.
>>
>>9339418
Are you willing to do boudoir photos with a wig on? We might know a guy.
>>
>>9339602
Mr yan?
>>
Alright gulls, I've updated the store suggestion form. It's now hosted on our little site rather than on Google Forms. So know any stores that the rest of should be aware off? Feel free to suggest them at https://www.churi.nl/add-store

And thanks for the software suggestion Anon, you have my eternal gratitude.
>>
>>9339632
No prob.
Have you found the export function? It automaticaly makes charts for you :) or download as Spss format to do cross analysis.
You can also use custom javascript :)
>>
File: images-2.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>9339614
>>
File: IMG_9409.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9409.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
Did a quick paint test. I'm not satisfied with the glossiness, but I do like the colours. But now the pearlescent effect doesn't come through, so I'm going back to black and go old-skool with original acrylics. If anyone wants to know; this was done with FW Acrylic inks
>>
>>9339705
I've played around with a test survey but I still have a lot of reading up to do. There are so many options in there it's probably going to take a while for me to find everything in there.
>>
>>9339722
Top 3 things to learn:
-survey logic
-multiple box set
-output management
>>
>>9339469
that brock is amazing
>>
Bag got stolen at Dynamo Con. Picture of the thief, now what?
>>
>>9339858
Go to the police
>>
>>9339858
I second >>9339859
>>
>>9339858
post picture here ofc
>>
>>9339858
Well you could cross-reference the picture of the thief with the FB list of people who went to DynamicCon. That way you could probably find a name after which contacting him (or finding his address after a few calls) should be easy. Odds are he'll get scared and claims he took it by accident and offers you to give it back, case closed. Alternatively you could just post the picture here and on several Facebook groups stating this person stole/took your bag and that you would like it back. Knowing our community a name and number is bound to show up sooner or later.

Or do what >>9339859 said, report it to the police. They probably won't bother doing anything with such a petty crime but at least you tried. Plus if anything in your bag was insured this is pretty much mandatory in order to get anything from the insurance company. Theft reports can be made in person after making an appointment (up to 2 weeks waiting time) or online at https://www.politie.nl/aangifte-of-melding-doen/aangifte-van-overige-diefstal.html Personally I would go with reporting online, my local station had coffee so bad I almost filed a second report for police brutality.
>>
>>9339186
I really hope you where the Cap American now.
>>
>>9339911
The guy wasn't an attender of the con, he was a passerby at the photoshoot in front of the Catharinakerk. I've seen the full pic. 4 people watching, and no one seems to notice it.
>>
>>9339978
Report him to the police and next time watch your bags better. Have one person be bagwatcher. The police got a slogan for this. Geef ze geen kans.
>>
>>9340005
I'm not >>9339858 but that's what I said too. Go to the police.
>>
Wow not a single post during the day? Anyway, I got new paints. Will repaint the bracer today, see what it'll be like.
>>
>>9340967
There's not much to post about. At least the temperature outside is high enough to use spray paints again. I know it's best to do everything at once, but I really need to see some (near) finished parts of my costume to get me motivated for the final pieces.
>>
File: IMG_9001-3.jpg (573KB, 1200x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9001-3.jpg
573KB, 1200x591px
>>9341050
I just paint by hand mostly.

>pic related
The first few parts are painted. This is pre-pearlescent airbrushing and clearcoating. This is a much better paintscheme and more accurate too. The previous one was too purple when I looked at the reference. The reason why the lower shoulderbells aren't entirely painted and coates is because they need to be glued back in place on the shoulders.
>>
>>9341061
I do my base coats with spray paint and then dry brush over it to add the finishing touches. Something with me lacking patience and getting brush marks everywhere unless I'm dry brushing.
And I agree, I have no idea what colours they should be but it definitely looks better to me.
>>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/willemvelthoven/sets/72157594184771147/ I wasn't at this particular event, but man I'm seeing some nostalgic faces right there!
>>
>>9340967
I got my circle lenses after 6 days, even though I paid for the cheapest shipping. Can wait to try them.
>>
>>9341211
Holy shit, 2006. I started cosplaying in 2005 or so. But I do vaguely recognise some of those people
>>
>>9339849
That Brock is actually a friend of mine, didnt expect to see him on here
>>
Has anyone ever had a problem getting circle lenses through Dutch customs?
>>
>>9342022
I doubt they would. Maybe they just randomly selected your package for inspection? That happens to me several times a year with orders from China and the US and usually takes a day or two to clear.
>>
>>9342022
Nope, but if it's an US seller with DHL shipping or the like, it might be that reason.
>>
Update on smoke machine: they didn't ship one of the more crucial parts until today because chinese new year.. Going to take a while before I can actually assemble it.
>>
Some dude built a muscle suit, lets shame him like some men do when women wear a push up bra.
>>
>>9342103
Not your personal army.
>>
>>9342103
>lets shame him like some men do when women wear a push up bra.
pathetic.
>>
>>9342100
So 4 to 6 weeks until we get to see your smoke machine experiment? Bummer...
>>
>>9342136
Ikr why doesn't he just kill himself if he is so done with this and that.
>>
>>9339858
If you have his pic, go to the police and have it put on Opsporing Verzocht.
>>
>>9342136
You need like 4 chill pills and stop the vague-posting. Please just remove him from fb if he bothers you this much.
>>
>>9342136
Although he wasn't very nice while voicing his opinion, I do have to agree with him on this one.
I was hoping no one would mention it here though.
Oh and you're supposed to post in English.
>>
>>9342136
>Posts in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed
Also we already know he is a shitty person, there's no need to feed him any more attention on which he craves.

>>9342159
A thousand times this. Just unfriend and ban, problem solved. There's no need to waste your time on people you don't like. Honestly I feel if more people in the community would do this we would have far less "drama" then we have.
>>
>>9342136
Not for or against Pedro. But I'm glad your post will be deteled soon because it is in Dutch.
I know this thread was a bit slow these days. But shitposting about him again is not the answer
>>
>>9342103
The one time I use sarcasm it isn't obvious enough.
>>
>>9342103
The sad part is that other men will definitely shame him, maybe not in the cosplay community, but definitely outside.
Remember those fake muscle T-shirts? The comment sections on social media are full of men calling other men weak, sissies, pathetic etc. for even thinking about wearing one.
>>
Viencon has been canceled for 2017 it seems.
Explaination on their FB.

Gotta feel bad for them, it looked like so much work was already done.
>>
>>9342201
I think it is pretty cool. Muscle suits are pretty common in the Orc builders, not sure what he intends on doing with it though.
>>
>>9342235
well that was over quick
>>
>>9342249
I know right. But hey, at least they have the guts to call it off now instead of rolling with a sub-par event.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170203-195133.png (311KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170203-195133.png
311KB, 1440x2560px
>>9342235
Honestly I'm not surprised. It sounded like an overly ambitious plan with high costs for the both the organisation and the visitors. I mean a €60 entree fee plus rent for a bungalow is no small change, especially with it being during a "busy" period with Abunai, ACC and Elfia taking place one after another and (for those who haven't graduated) the start of a new school year.
But at least they cancelled it early on instead of going the Terracon route, so kudos to them and let's see what they can do in 2018.
>>
Oh boy people I don't know, whining about other people I don't know, about a topic I don't care about.

I'm sure glad being on an anonymous Malaysian fishnet-stocking repartion picture safety guide site I don't have to listen to all these random twats and their drama.
Please stop de-railing the thread for your petty squabbles you pre-pubescant girls.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170203-202012.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170203-202012.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>9342287
This shit again? Can't you think of something new already or you know, actually be that "though guy" and work things out IRL?
>>
>>9342201
I thought that bodyshaming was more of a girl thing, I guess I was wrong
>>
File: CyDyrl5VEAAJd52.jpg (25KB, 598x447px) Image search: [Google]
CyDyrl5VEAAJd52.jpg
25KB, 598x447px
>>9342291
I actually tried to come for peope IRL, but you know what happens: I get banned from cons and what not. Was actually going to change and have more chill this year, but after that vile person posted my status on 4Chan, I decided to change my mind :'D Y'all calling me an attention whore, when it's me who isn't afraid to speak publicly about people like y'all. Y'all tripping
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>9342276
>>
>>9342292
body shaming has sadly been a huge problem in the cosplay community, I can remember the days it didn't really matter what you wore or what you did, but as cosplay is getting more competitive and competitive, the expectations become more and more. Even from people who never cosplayed themselves, it's a shame people need to tear each other down in such a vile way. Honestly, sometimes I feel like you'll be quicker to be judged in the community or at a convention than actually outside of it.
>>
>>9342296
Maybe you should try actually talking to someone instead of making threats.
>>
>>9342306
I have tried and I did, I send M. snapchats before I snatched out at her, she ignored me and kept going on talking shit about me. Then I made that video, which I admit wasn't the right way either, but ay. She finally talked to me, I called her the knight someone PM'ed her the video and we talked shit out. Problem solved.

I don't recall threatening people tho, tho I do admit I come off as intimidating now and then, but I guess that my Brazilian temperament. Talk shit get shit
>>
>>9342292
>bodyshaming

Fuck did this finally transcend whiny people status as a normal thing now? If you're fat it's not too weird people tell you not to be fat. What with it being bad for you 'n all, same as telling people that drinking every day is bad for you.
>>
We've had the same stale drama for several years. can someone actually provide some high quality drama please?
>>
>>9342201
It's pretty common for big builds though. Orcs, Venom & Carnage, and other characters that do not have a 'normal human' physique.
>>
>>9342275
kinda felt to me like it was a con for ppl with money to spare. I know it weeds out the kids thats a good thing. But like you said the high cost during a busy period, yea didnt see it happening.
>>
>>9342320
It's quite old but still better and refreshing than this old cow of a drama
http://www.japanator.com/popular-malaysian-cosplayer-now-a-murder-suspect-30127.phtml
>>
>>9342291
Wait so was this about somebody being a Trump supporter?
>>
>>9342103
About the shaming thing.. what are the thoughts about butt padding? I mean, everyone's okay and chill with pushup bras, but would I get shunned for wearing some booty enhanching shorts? I'm cosplaying a character known for her nice thicc booty soon but I'm not that gifted myself..
>>
>>9342292
lol you've clearly never been to /fit/

>>9342336
As long as you don't lie about it, I don't see why it would be a problem. Like you said it's just like padded bras.
You might get some dudes crying because wehh muh thicc waifu muh squatz muh dick, but these types also think Kardashian asses are 100% natural so clearly their opinion is invalid.
>>
>>9342291
Am I the only one who thinks it's really vile to pick on someone this way just because she has opposing political views? It's kinda the thing about democracy, people get the freedom to support and vote for who they believe in, even if it's against your own visions. It's so petty that these radical leftists always cry for democracy while being so aggresive towards people with opposing views.
>>
>>9342336
I own push up bras, underwear with booty padding, corsets and shapewear, there is no shame in trying to look like a character as much as you can. It just isn't that comfortable, but most cosplays aren't
>>
>>9342201
Have you seen the guy? The guy himself isn't scrawny. The suit is pretty big, if he would ever want to look like that he would need to roid up for at least 4 years.
>>
>>9342296
You need drama, don't lie to us. I'm not hating just saying.
>>
>>9342314
I'm not going to walk up to a smoker saying how disgusting they are, how they are going to die a horrible death, so why do people feel the need to talk shit about fat people? They pay their own health insurance and guess what, they also have jobs. I don't like looking at saggy asses sticking out from school girl skirts (animecon) but I'll just look somewhere else.
>>
>>9342332
Pedro and friends have had beef with her for a while now. Every now and then shit gets posted here followed by a lot of people (read: samefagging) supporting him. I don't know the full story although I am interested in hearing it as with all personal vendetta's. Call me crazy but it always intrigues me whenever someone actively holds a grudge for so long.
>>
>>9342351
No, I think the same. As much as I don’t like it Trump, shaming people this way is partly the reason closet PVV'ers exist and grow in numbers.

On the otherside. I also get people picking on her, she has some truly untactfull posts lately, that look like attention seeking posts.
>>
>>9342373
Because a smoker won't walk up to me saying how healthy it is he smokes, and that I can't just judge his lungs health by the cancer mutating inside it.

It's because smokers are being shamed (can't do it indoors anymore, "roken kan echt niet meer", etc. etc.) but we can't say it so some fatty's face?
Call me old fashioned but I don't get any of this PC shit, and I guess I'm a backwards hick for doing so. But as an ex-fatty: you only stop when you're told when you're doing something bad.
>>
>>9342378
Could care less about politics, she's just annoying which makes her an easy target.
>>
>>9342380
Only tumblrinas do the whole fat acceptance thing. Eating itself isn't damaging like smoking is, but the type of food/amount of it is. When I was younger and somebody called me fat I'd go home and comfort myself with food, so it doesn't work motivational on everyone.
>>
>>9342385
Because it's so hard to block/unfriend/ignore someone you don't like right? Her being annoying doesn't justify digging up a years old sextape to haunt her forever.
Pedro is annoying, does that mean we'll have to keep spamming his facebook with the animecon video?
>>
>>9342391
To answer the first question, yes it is. As for the second one, what gets on the internet stays on the internet. So all fair game.
>>
>>9342393
Just grow up like the rest of us Pedro
>>
>>9342389
I do like how this went from one guy cutting foam into shapes and taping it onto his body to full on tumblr
>>
>>9342389
I hear you mate, I went home and ate too. Though at some point I picked up that "Hey, if I eat more when people tell me not to, I'm doing something wrong!" And y'know, added up 1 and 1, and stopped eating.

If I had never been told not to eat that much forcefully by society, I'd still be a fat fuck and hate myself for it. I'm glad I'm sporty now, heck I fucking love my life. And I'm damn good at it too.
>>
>>9342397
You are still a fat f*ck. go exercise you lardass
>>
>>9342396
that foam stuff is more interesting than this standard tumblr bashing desu
>>
>>9342404
10% BF at 78 KG bro, but thanks for the heads-up.
>>
>>9342103
Who? I'm all for fake boobs and fake chest!

>>9342136
You're not any better than him by doing this.

>>9342235
I feel bad for the organization, that sucks. The concept was so nice though.

>>9342259
OK I gotta admit that was a good pun! But come on man, stop linking her porn vid. No need to go that far. You can easily crush her arguments with counter arguments. If you really like Beyonce so much then listen to her quote "Always stay gracious, the best revenge is your paper". OK in this case, it's more like, the best comeback is your wit, lol.
>>
>>9342418
that last part was actually some good advice, thanks anon!
>>
>>9342420
You're welcome!
>>
>>9342413
np. just here to help man.
>>
>>9342406
Agreed. Materials, props and cosplays over drama all the way.
>>
>>9342418
>Who? I'm all for fake boobs and fake chest!
it in cosNL but in the (likely) case you are not in that group here's the facebook link /CosplayClueless/posts/2196212283937879
>>
>>9342430
Thanks for the link! I'm in the group, but this post missed my newsfeed. Anyway, looking good! I'm curious to see it in combination with his cosplay plan(s)!
>>
>>9342373
>They pay their own health insurance
This is the Dutch thread. We are all paying for the bad health of our people.
>>
>>9342481
But you still pay for your own health insurance..
>>
>>9342489
I pay for it after I get zorgtoeslag
>>
>>9342481
Except smokers don't cost us anything and are instead a prime source of incomes. There have been several studies on this done by the RIVM, Rekenkamer, Tabak Nee and news papers and they all came to this conclusion. Basically the money spend on treatments, sick days and such are only a fraction of what's being raised by taxes and saved on having to pay fewer years of AOW as they typically die a lot sooner.

Polite sage for off-topic.
>>
>>9342504
I thought we were talking about fat people. I apologize.
>>
>>9342512
Wait, you're right. The whole "you don't walk up to a smoker" probably got me mixing things up. Now I wonder how much I am costing everyone with my TGIF glass of scotch.
>>
>>9342512
No we were talking about board related stuff until you guys had to spam this thread with drama and tumblr bs.
>>
>>9342524
>you guys

Shoo shoo goyim, I only shit up /fit/ threads.
>>
>>9342103
Childish. You're a loser anon.
>>
>>9342489
>But you still pay for your own health insurance.

Ever noticed that you pay for maternity care. Regardless of gender.
>>
>>9342549
Still I'd rather pay for general national healthcare than have your own individual insurance like in the US. That shit bankrupts people. Here in the UK I've got free healthcare but I wonder for how long.

Back ontopic; a video of the LED strips inside the shoulders. Apologies for the shitty video quality; holding the cables (unsoldered) in one hand, and the camera in the other doesn't go very well most of the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq6BwjwAi8o
>>
>>9342553
Uh, I was just pointing out that you equally pay for another's health. It wasn't a social comment?
>>
>>9342568
Ah, apologies.
>>
Is it okay if I ask for anime recs here? I haven't watched any in over 5 years and I feel like everything's gone to shit. Now I just want to re-watch Elfen Lied. What's popular in the Dutchlands nowadays?

>>9342549
I don't mind that because generally kids grow up and start making money
>>
>>9342450
Wonder how its going to look when its all done. Most of his suit will be under clothing or costume parts. Looks like a whole lot of wasted effort.
>>
>>9342636
Depends on the character i guess. Also you can re-use this suit for a whole lot of different costumes, in which some are quite easy and the suit will be well-shown. Think goku, streetfighter, hercules etc, but also useful for bulky warriors like varian wrynn/ other world of warcraft.
Definitely thinking of making one myself aswell.
>>
>>9342598
>Elfen Lied
Nah, go watch Ninin Ga Shinobuden instead. It's a light hearted 12 episode comedy about a lesbian ninja who has to steal underwear because her perverted master who is totally a hawk said so, and that's just episode 1. I have to say out of shows out there I am glad that was the first I've watched. Well, not counting the typical Pokémon, DBZ and such.

>>9342641
>Goku
Why cosplay a cheater who relies on cheap magic tricks when you can cosplay the world champion himself? He defeated Cell, he defeated Majin Buy, he is the one true defender of Earth!
>>
>>9342645
>haven't watched any in over 5 years
>What's popular in the Dutchlands nowadays?
>Ninin Ga Shinobuden
That show is over 10 years old
>>
>>9342649
Fine, go watch Excel Saga instead.
>>
So I took a look at Yaycon for the first time because some friends are going and... rather than an anime convention, isn't this just a social justice convention?

>Beyond Stereotypes: Ethnicity in Pop-culture
>Let’s Talk about Asexuality

What? These aren't even remotely related to anything. Suffice to say I'm not going, and I'm sure my right wing ass wouldn't be wanted there anyway.
>>
File: nice.jpg (137KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
137KB, 800x533px
>>9342553
>Back ontopic; a video of the LED strips inside the shoulders. Apologies for the shitty video quality; holding the cables (unsoldered) in one hand, and the camera in the other doesn't go very well most of the time.
I can't wait for Animecon to see you in action!
>>
File: 2017-02-04-02-11-12.jpg (348KB, 933x1049px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-04-02-11-12.jpg
348KB, 933x1049px
Getting pretty close to bingo gulls
>>
>>9342654
>Excel Saga
Not that anon, but the last time I watched those episodes was way back between 2002-2004. I feel old now (despite being a 90s kid).
>>
>>9342706
>Someone actually saved my bingo chart
Great, now I wished I actually aligned everything properly before posting it. Come to think of it I should probably also replace "Tea!" with "Lolita Hate" or something. Expect a fixed version somewhere next thread.

Also technically I feel like >>9339471 (Harley) and especially >>9339477 (Harry Potter 2.0) would fit the cosplay hype of the season. So, bingo?
>>
File: menchi_grill.jpg (14KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
menchi_grill.jpg
14KB, 300x222px
>>9342739
My first time watching it was in 2005 and along with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei it still remains one of my favourite comedies up to this day. I can highly recommend watching the 2 episode Puni Puni Poemy OVA if you haven't seen it yet, it's pretty much two more episodes in the style of episode 26 "Going Too Far" which was banned from broadcast for, you guessed it, going too far.

And now I want to buy the official Menchi table grill, great.
>>
>>9342706
So when do you cross the tomo one? just by being to one of ourt events?
>>
>>9342784
>Puni Puni Poemy
Oh snap, I remember that one now! I think I've seen a bit that one too, but it's all too long ago. Maybe I should just watch everything in my free time to refresh my memory.

And lol, well if you find it, you should!
>>
>>9342553
>Back ontopic; a video of the LED strips inside the shoulders

What kind of led strips do you use? The 5V variant and then using an usb powerbank to power them? Currently i'm still on resoldering xmas lights mostly.
>>
>>9342706
>cosplay hype of the season.

Well, I guess there has something been bothering me. Fantastic Beast hasn't been out for to long, jet the Newt on >>9339477 all ready calls himself the official Dutch Newt, wants to visit sick childern and looks nothing like Newt. Is it so hard to atleast get a wig in the right colour?

He's probably a nice guy, but don't call yourself the official one when you look like everyone's dad with a bought coat and scarf.

Sage for rant.
>>
>>9343131
What grinds my gears more is that people who claim to be the official X cosplayer don't seem to know what the word official means to begin with. But hey, I guess calling yourself "the original Dutch X cosplayer" doesn't have the same ring to it.
>>
>>9343103
Leave it to Tomo to not know how a bingo card works...
>>
>>9343106
IIRC Prop-Anon is using a green 12 volt LED strip. Personally I went with loose 3.2 volt white and 2.1 volt orange LED'S, calculated the correct resistor values and wired everything together myself for use with a USB powerbank (5.2 volt measured output). I still need to add a potentiometer so I can adjust the brightness on the spot. As it stands they are a bit too bright for indoor use but just right to be visible in full sun light.
>>
>>9343165
Cool, thanks. Currently also wiring loose orange and yellow leds, but i'm using regular battery packs to power them.
>>
>>9343169
I've considered using batteries myself, but that would mean swapping the batteries several times where my main powerbank holds enough juice for 16~18 hours with the LEDs and fan turned on. But in the end it doesn't really matter as long as it works for you.
>>
>>9343131
That guy considers himself "official"? He looks nothing like the character...
>>
>>9343142
you know who is going to blame for that...
>>
>>9343165
>IIRC Prop-Anon is using a green 12 volt LED strip.

Correct. 12V DC. I'll solder things with 'detachable' connections so I can take my costume apart easily. Like they do for RC planes/cars.

>>9343169
I powered my 12V led strips for Smaug with 10AA batteries and they held up for about a day. This meant switching them out on sunday morning, but they add a load of weight. For loose orange/yellow LED's you don't need 10AA batteries, so you might get away with it. I did that with the Gundam (3AA batteries in the head, 2AA in the chest).

The lovely bit about the powerbank is that you can just shut it off when you don't need it. Lovely.
>>
>>9343131
hihi I wouldn't even let the guy come close to my children. He looks like a creeper.
>>
>>9343141
Oh yes. Those this is my char so you cant cosplay them people.
ALMOST as anoying as OC people.
No this is not a badly nade Naruto , this is my OC who is 1000×better than him.
>>
>>9343288
>>9343169
Battery life in hours = mAh rating of battery / consumption in mA * 0.7

Just don't add the mAh rating off all batteries together when you run them in series as that only raises the voltage. As for the 0.7, that's there to give you a "worst case scenario" as external factors (heat, wear on rechargable cells, old regular batteries etc) will lower the actual time you'll get. It's best to have too many spare batteries than too little am I right?
>>
This thread has reached the post limit and is headed for the shadow zone. Luckily I've played my "Instant Revive" card which created a new thread at >>9343320
>>
>>9342312
Lies, she does not even have snapchat
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.