[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Protecting Your Boobs With a Push-up Bra"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 28

File: 1483313035126.jpg (101KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483313035126.jpg
101KB, 450x600px
Previously, in our thread about cosplay and conventions >>9316337
>What's the deal with all the Comic Cons?
>Prop Anon worked on a Thing, or was it something involving spiders and men?
>Tomo continues their pointless posts from the previous thread
>Salty vendetta Anon is salty and not telling us why.
>Dutch Thread Bingo, now with 100% more made in Flash
>Crafting, priming and painting questions
>Male make-up workshop when?
>Pre-Yaycon discussion and if it's worth it if you're not into Yaoi or LGBT stuff
>Do we want more or less Lolita?
>Do you mindlessly accept anyone on Facebook?
>Japanese whiskey's and how I still can't suggest anything to Anon
>Airbrush problems
>Anon: "I always like push-up bra's for the reason it makes my boobs feel more protected."
>Some other stuff I can't be arsed to add, my contact glue is dry and I really don't have time for this.

Next five major events:
>Dynamic Con (January 29th, Eindhoven NB), another newcomer on the scene targeted at everything cosplay.
>Yaycon (February 19th, Amersfoort UT), yaranaika?
>Showmasters Comic Con Rotterdam (March 4th & 5th, Rotterdam ZH), a con exactly like ACC only in Rotterdam.
>Dutch Comic Con (March 25th & 26th, Utrecht UT), a con exactly Like X-mas DCC, only with more stands and people.
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
The full calendar can be viewed at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>Ignore shitposts and attention whores. Attention is what they want, so let's not give them any.
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Sadly posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed.
>Posting WIP pictures or about your current projects is encouraged

The Dutch Thread companion site with our community store list and calendar can be found at https://churi.nl
>>
>>9322884
>>Prop Anon worked on a Thing, or was it something involving spiders and men?

A lifesize spiderman display for a comicbook store, from Captain America: Civil war & Spiderman: Homecoming.
>>
And I'm almost done soldering. All there's left to do is to terminate a USB plug and add a switch to toggle between full brightness and half brightness (read 100 Ohm resistor). I love it when things start to take shape.
>>
I just found out an egg carton is the best thing to use as a cheap hot glue gun stand. It catches your dripping glue and you can just toss your gun in there.

>>9323048
Sounds better than me, I already burned my thumb today on the iron.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (459KB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
459KB, 2736x1824px
>>9323058
Oh I burned myself, mostly when I got mad at the "helping hand" not doing what I want. I really should invest in one of those flexible helping hands some day...
>>
>>9323099
Haha I don't even have anything like those, I just use my fingers and solder quickly to prevent burning. It worked for my tabbard... I'm going to be sewing this week mostly, and I hope on Sunday to solder the cloak.
>>
>>9323637
Yeah me too, although sometimes I use a vise. Action sells tiny vices for only 5eu now! They're awesome for crafts.
>>
So does anyone have any cool crafting workplace hacks? I've reached the point where mine is a permanent mess and in dire need of some restructuring.
>>
>>9323911
You can't. I just have a huge table big enough for most projects and I clean it up slightly every night to keep an overview somehow.
>>
TomoParty announced, let the fun begin.
>>
>>9323911
>Keep your workplace tidy as you're working and put away anything you no longer need.
>Wall mount your tools if possible. Get some wood, hammer a few nails in there and enjoy not having your basic tools everywhere.
>Buy a metal strip or a whiteboard so you can hang up your reference prints, designs and blueprints with magnets. Alternatively buy/build a wall mount for your tablet if you're one of those digital only people.
>Buy cases for your bigger tools, paints and brushes so you can easily store them. This is especially nice if you have a shelf under or above your desk.
>Get one of those big "Pixar" style desk lamps and put the base on the corner of your desk. Those lamps are awesome space savers.
>Done working on one part? Move it out of the way and do a quick cleanup
>Have a trash bag and a box for scraps next to you at all times. No more having (tiny) scrap pieces everywhere.
>Clean up when you call it a day, this alone changes everything.
>Only keep one mug on your desk at all times.
I miss having a shed dedicated to crafting and woodworking.
>>
>>9323958
>Only keep one mug on your desk at all times.

I would deal with all those points except this
Plus i just tape my blueprints to the door/walls with masking tape.
I also like the clamp lamps more, I had a pixar lamp and I keep knocking it over, knocking over paint buckets in the process and thus ruining a sizable corner of my table.
>>
>>9323911
>Metal hairdryer mount for heatgun to your desk

Other than that, >>9323958's list is great. I definitely recommend cleaning-as-you-go. It may sound like it costs a lot of time, but it's more efficient than to clean everything up at the end.
>>
>>9323963
IKEA has a Pixar style lamp in their assortment, but instead of a foot it has a clamp. I love how I can turn it to everywhere I need light. The only con would be that is is a bit on the bigger side.

Also, my bureau is next to one of those Kallax roomdividers, so I can shove my sewing machine right into one of the cubes if I am done with it.
>>
What i can also recommend: I took the upper part of an ikea desk and planted it on my huge table, then drilled a bunch of hooks in it, where i can hang my heatgun and everything else. And you can clamp lamps to it. It's perfect. It even comes with a whiteboard.
Try a second hand store they have these things usually.

>>9323975
Kallax roomdividers are the shit, and I need that lamp! I also drilled hooks in my roomdividers haha.
>>
>>9322884
You used my picture and my quote, I feel flattered OP haha! (Yes it was I who wrote that, and I still think it's true. Also it's fun to read other anons' experiences.)

>>9322644
Ah I also like those lip colors. Very classy. I saw the new peripera liptint also had a color like that. The pink x black is a nice combo indeed, seems to be also quite common in larme.
>>
>>9324102
I recently bought my first *really* red lipstick for my Natasha Volkova cosplay, and it's a shock to me. Usually I use make-up to look like a man, now I have to make myself a lot more feminine.

Also, how do people eyeliner?!
>>
>>9324108
Just gotta practise! eyeliner pencils are a little easier than liquid eyeliner, and more forgiving
>>
>>9324120
I've got one of those HEMA semi-brushes. It's not a pencil but it's not the normal liquid eyeliner too...
>>
>>9324136
Hmm haven't seen. Going to check that out tomorrow because that sounds like a good option. I use liquid eyeliner mostly, but i think it's very shiny compared to pencil.
>>
>>9324108
The fun thing about cosplay, it can give you a complete image change! Though I think you could try out the make-up outside cosplay too if you like it.

I still totally suck at eyeliner, so unfortunately I'm not one to ask. But I agree with other anon that eyeliner pencils are easier. And I think your character also has that type of eyeliner on too, at least on the bottom. Kajal, khol, or any other type pencil eyeliner all seem good options. But I'm curious about that semi brush too. Do you have a picture?
>>
>>9324108
I use a felt tip stift eyeliner. It's easier than liquid and neater than pencil, though I'm still not good at it. Wings look stupid on me so it's not like I wanted to do nice eyeliner wings anyway hmpf
>cries
>smudges eyeliner even more

Growing up I never had female friends or relatives to teach me how to do makeup and now, all my female cosplay friends either think makeup is unnecessary or still think that thick white eyeliner + black lines halfway down your cheek is a good idea to make your eyes look bigger. If we're going to have makeup workshops for men, can we also have a makeup workshop for women who just suck at it?
>>
>>9324235
>can we also have a makeup workshop for women who just suck at it?

Youtube? Imo you have to start wearing makeup daily before you get good at it and also getting used to see it on your face.
I never wear lipstick or really do my eyebrows so it looks weird for me when I do for cosplay, and then you tend to hold it off anyway.
>>
>>9324244
I do wear eyeliner daily but I still can't get it to look neat and symmetrical. YouTube is different from having someone physically there to teach you. Otherwise we might as well cancel all panels and workshops and just refer people to YouTube every time.
>>
>>9324249
In that case it's just having a steady hand or not i guess
>>
Felt tip eyeliners for the win! Don't worry I suck at doing eyeliner as well
>>
File: IMG_9349.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9349.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9324222
It's basically what >>9324235 says.
>>
>>9324301
Oh, I see! Well like >>9324260
said, those are nice to use! I always use those for the liquid liner look, rather than actual liquid liner.

Btw for an alternative soft look, using an eye shadow + winged brush is also nice and easy to use. Plus you can choose from all the colors in your eye shadow collection.
>>
>>9324309
I just have such heavily hooded eyes, that it hides so much of my eyelid, eyeliner barely has any use. I wanted to blend it with the eyeshadow or the smokey look.
>>
>Embed the electronics
>Test them to see if they still work
>One LED has Gremlins
Long live my idea of using velcro'd on flaps to keep the wiring accessible!
>>
>>9324330
>Gremlins

?
>>
I overheard my boss laughing to a co worker, then heard him say 'woman have such nice shoes, why does 90% of the people here wear sneakers?' I felt the need to prop my feet up on his desk. I own so many pairs of shoes, I could wear a different pair each for 1.5 months, but I'm guessing he won't appreciate my platform boots or poison ivy heels.
>>
>>9324334
Gremlins are mysterious creatures that cause unexplained malfunctions or errors. My PC for instance has a gremlin in it that 1/4 times reboots my PC when I hit shutdown, and my wiring had a gremlin in there that would randomly keep one LED off until I reconnected the power.
Legend has it you can distract gremlins by screening Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, so I just emailed Animecon is they could screen it non-stop for me.

But on a more serious note, it was just a cold solder.
>>
>>9324385
I saved this comment. It's glorious.
>>
>>9324108
I'd recommend gel eyeliner; there's less pressure to do it right in one time. It's also less prone to smudge!
>>
>>9324385
>>9324390
glorious indeed. Thanks for the explanation
>>
File: 001-5.jpg (312KB, 2782x1089px) Image search: [Google]
001-5.jpg
312KB, 2782x1089px
>>9324328
I know the struggle, I have hooded eyes too (see example picture; lol not my eyes since I wanna remain anon as people always seem to bash 4chan users even if we're polite). And hence, I do suck at applying liner, but I really do like the winged look, so I just keep trying haha.
>>
>>9324408
Seconded. It is as easy to apply as liquid eyeliner but has the nice intense colours like kohl or kajal pencils, but doesn't smudge as much. A little also goes a long way. I prefer L'oreal over Maybelline but either of those liquid gel liners I can reccommend.
>>
File: 93847.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
93847.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Some1 found me in another thread so hi, I'm blazebutt. If creepy anon asked me nicely he could have gotten a whole better picture for his collection.
>>
>>9324516
What if I ask nicely?
>>
>>9324528
Well didn't I post something nice just now?
>>
>>9324533
Fair point, care to show more though?
>>
>>9324537
No
>>
>>9324541
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>9324516
Okay, hi I guess?
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (541KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
541KB, 1920x1080px
>>9324328
>>9324434
If you have hooded eyes, one of these eyeliner tutorials will maybe help:
https://youtu.be/GBcBLyoL5aM
https://youtu.be/lv04ZmFAz4k

Colored eyeliner, like pic related, instead of colored eyeshadow can also look really nice on hooded eyes.
>>
>>9324767
Thanks anon! Will have a look, though for Natasha they don't need to be 'on point' but considering my future, I may want to follow these tutorials for a bit.
>>
Anyone here near Utrecht, Amsterdam, or Hilversum who would want to help a youngling out/give advice, and hang out?
>>
>>9325156
What do you need help/advice with?
>>
I am curious if we know any good makeup artists in the dutch cosplay community. Mainly talking about makeup and how to apply. I am planning on doing something idol school related and i am clueless. How do you look like a cute girl when you have these potato genes ?
>>
went to craft store to get that liquitex acrylic primer spray, that they had according to the liquitex site. Not selling them anymore... sadface
>>
I thought people might enjoy this timelapse of what we did yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuF51vL2Hz4
>>
>>9325262
Odds are they sell another brand of acrylic spray primer that works just as good. If you want to stick to the big brands Molotow (street art) has two types for smooth and rough surfaces, Edding has smelly yet good primers that dry fast and cover in one coat, and IIRC the Royal Dutch Talens should have one in the Amsterdam line as well.
Honestly any acrylic primer would do and I often go for what I have laying around. The only reason I like Liquitex so much is because they offer a colour guarantee between their kinds of products, the lack of smell and it drying faster than Talens spray paints.
>>
>>9325271
So which is the one who keeps asking you out? Also that looks really uncomfortable. How long did he to stand still like that?
>>
>>9325312
They had molotow but not the primers. Seems like they're not worth selling they said. Only the regular gesso buckets
>>
>>9325316
The ex-ccoursemate that kept asking me out has graduated last year, and the housemate that keeps asking me out doesn't go to uni, and tends to work from home.

And think about..2 - 2,5 hours. We had to cut his arm free and salvage the part because he got trouble in painful cramps.
>>
>>9325329
Well that sucks, but at least you can always try another store or go with Edding. The smell is horrible but disappears after a week, plus that stuff is a rediculously strong primer. 123inkt.nl and Pipoos sells it in case you can't find anything else.
>>
>>9325370
Thanks
>>
>>9325253
Not really anyone who sticks out, and I feel like it's a bit preference based. Some people really want to look 2.5D, while others feel like keeping it natural. I'm more a fan of the latter, and you don't have to look uguu kawaii with big circle lenses and thick lashes to make yourself appear young and cute either. I'd suggest looking up Japanese make-up tutorials like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SydmIVsbLJA Cute style make-up is in any case the key for looking cute, whether you're going for a heavy or natural look. Btw if you are looking for a more heavy look, gyaru make-up tutorials actually help too for the eyes.
>>
I'm curious.. I'm looking for cosplayer pages on facebook. Are there any dutch cosplayers you guys reccomend or like?
>>
>>9325428
Also youtube! I dont think there are a lot of dutch cosplayers on youtube, but i wanna know the best ones out there!
>>
>>9325428
What kind are you looking for? Imo there's a lot of difference in for example game cosplay/movie/anime and also the way of building cosplays, more sewing or prop/armor orientated

Youtube i have no idea o.O
>>
>>9325428
>Inb4 people get accused of promoting their friends or people start a shitstorm over some of the mentioned cosplayers
>>
>>9325431
Doesn't matter, really. I just love looking at the awesome pictures some cosplayers post
>>
>>9325253
We don't really have professionals in our comm as far as I know.
The most important thing is looking at your face. What shape is it? What color? How are your eyes formed? etc. And then you ask yourself "what do I want to accomplish?" 2D effect or Natural? Different lip shap? Contacts or no contact? etc.
And then you look for the information that you need, that will work for your face (nothing against other anon, but I think recommending Japanese makeup tutorials to newbies not a smart idea. A lot of eye application used in those vid look horrible on western eyes if you don't know how to translate it to your own eyes.)
>>
>>9325454
TIL picking the right way to apply make-up has a lot in common with picking the right beard style.

>Contacts or no contacts
As a daily wearer of contacts (normal contacts mind you) I do recommend not taking any risks with them. Don't reuse day lenses, never sleep with them in (except for night lenses or course), don't cheap out on fluid and if they start to hurt or your eyes have gone dry, remove them. Your eyes are sensitive and heal poorly after being damaged. Just putting it out there as I see many people being silly with their fancy coloured lenses.
>>
>>9325454
Other anon here. Fair enough, I understand your point. Namida bukuro is unnecessary too for non asians, and if you're caucasian you definitely don't want to hightlight/contour your nose the same way either. But I do think Japanese/Korean make-up is more cute in style, so the basics (straight eyebrows, blush, liptint/gloss) would be good to follow for cute idol cosplay. I do agree you should always check your own shapes and that of the character too btw.

Also, style aside, it would be good to know the full routine for make-up (for women): primer^ -> foundation -> concealer^ -> powder foundation^ -> eye brows* -> eye shadow* -> eye liner^ -> mascara -> lashes^ -> contour*^ -> blush* -> highlighter^ -> lip product* -> setting spray^.

* = can be used in a different order, e.g. you can apply blush first and then do your eye brows ( but you can't apply highlighter before blush, since highlighter goes on top of blush).
^ = optional ( and some people also choose not to use mascara when putting on lashes)
>>
>>9325486
I use concealer (for acne/redness) before the foundation because that's what's supposed to be done, as it's a green one. If it's just a simple undereye concealer, it's for AFTER the foundation yeah.
>>
>>9325428

Paraluna
MMMC
Sednobis
Iloon
>>
>>9325500
Oh yeah, I meant the regular under eye type, but if you have acne/redness, that type of concealer is indeed an optional step to do before concealer indeed. Or CC cream. I've used that one before.
>>
>>9325478
Also, don't put regular lenses over colour. I maybe sound like Captain Obvious, but I still hear people do it.
And I don't get why, because there are enough colour lenses with power for the same price as without.
>>
>>9324516
blazikont should totally be a thing
>>
>>9325561
>Also, don't put regular lenses over colour. I maybe sound like Captain Obvious, but I still hear people do it.
Next you're going to tell me people have added food dye or ink to their regular lenses as a DIY colouring solution. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done that already.

>And I don't get why, because there are enough colour lenses with power for the same price as without.
Yeah nearly all coloured lenses can be bought with as corrective lenses (op sterkte) for the same price. However none of these include a cylinder and if you need lenses with a cylinder see sharp (and free of headaches) you are looking at a €50 starting price for coloured toric lenses and only a handful of options.
It's also worth noting that contact lenses require different strengths than glasses as they are closer to the eye (often .25 lower when far-sighted).
>>
>>9325679
Yep, though depending on how strong your cylinder is, you can correct it by .25. That's what we do with my regular contacts due to price and almost no negative effects.

Also small note; 'lenses' in English are associated with cameralenses. If you're talking about contact lenses, they tend to speak of 'contacts' with 'strength'. When I started speaking of 'lenses' here they got really confused at first.
>>
>>9325679
>Next you're going to tell me people have added food dye or ink to their regular lenses as a DIY colouring solution. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done that already.

Well funny that you say that. Not long ago we had a girl in CosplayNL who wanted to doodle those Naruto clan thingies on red lenses with a marker. The worst part is that she used contacts regular (the reason she did buy one of those plano premade ones), and still thought it was a good idea.

If you aren't grossed out enough already, I also have a story about some who let multiple people wear the same pair of contact lenses.
>>
>>9325454 >>9325253

I know someone who does makeup professionally and is a cosplayer. She's been around for a while I believe

Go look on FB for Gabrielle Sussenbach mua
>>
>>9326097
Never heard of her, so I checked her out. Her work is very nice, but it's too bad she doesn't have any Japanese or Korean styled make-up. Don't get me wrong, but I just hope that she won't go Michelle Phan on a Hatsune Miku make-up tutorial, or is the type that uses harsh western style make-up for a youthful looking character like that. The cosplay characters so far also seem from western comics, so it's hard to tell what approach she would give to anime characters.
>>
>>9326201
I think she'd be open to talk about it at least? You can always ask. She helped a friend of mine out really well.
>>
File: 436346.png (331KB, 664x507px) Image search: [Google]
436346.png
331KB, 664x507px
Just saw this picture floating around on my newsfeed, I think that's a good example of western 'anime' make-up? Atleast that's how I tend to make my make-up like aswell. It's pretty.
>>
>>9326360
Thats just creepy imo... I like the style of the make up but this is too much man.. Her eyes look creepily big
>>
>>9325428
Youtube as in,,, cmv's and skits? or tutorials and stuff like that?
>>
>>9326360
Imho just odd. Barely passable in selfies, totally out in place in person. But that is just my 2 cents.
>>
>>9326360
Male "judging by looks" input: she drew my attention and I can see what she's trying to do, but I really don't like the lower part of her eyes which just looks off to me. Come to think I also don't like the contacts, way too dark but that's just personal taste I guess. Also is it me or does she look way pale? If I didn't knew any better I would think she has an iron deficiency or something. Nice lips and eyeshadow tho, that colour goes well with her hair.
>>
>>9326607
Im even paler and nothing is wrong with me though :P
>>
>>9326607
>>9326613
Same, I'm so pale, even the lightest foundation is a shade too dark for me, but I'm very healthy.
>>
>>9325524
Don't forget Team Chaos. They put the Netherlands on the map......
>>
>>9326651
Ikr.
Before they came along, the Netherlands wasn't even on the map, the country would still be under water if it wasn't for them.
Making Dutch cosplay great again
>>
>>9326607
>>9326613
>>9326619
Pale girl problems. Idk just put it there since i saw it around, apparently a fairly known 'cosplayer' with 80k likes (anissa cosplay). Myself I put the wing under the eye a little higher right under the lashes because this is a little extreme. And yes those contacts seem very dark, I don't like it myself either.
>>
>>9326360
Bad, bad execution. I don't consider myself a make-up guru but I can do better than that. It's too harsh, you need to go for a moresubtle effect so you don't get the "wtf your eye is huge" reaction like >>9326500 pointed out.
>>
>>9326360
If only she putted the lowerline a 2mm up it would look better. But it is good makeup for cosplay.

>>9326607
>Too pale

You mean it well, but please don't say that. It's the most irritating thing ever to pale people (or at least, it can ruin my day when strangers are constantly asking if I'm okay).
>>
This is just silly I'm 176cm and drank 150 ml of alcohol (40%) and I feel like I'm walking on clouds and having coordination problems.
>>
>>9326667
Are you okay? /jk

>>9326669
Sounds like you either you didn't ate enough food or thought it was a good idea to chug down whiskey as if it was beer. Either way it sounds like you're having a good time!
>>
>>9326669
Like >>9326678 says, sounds like a lack of proper food. Be careful anon

I've been sewing all day. I'm so bad at it, but all the trims are on and it needs to be ironed, but after that It's all right. I'm proud enough of it.
>>
>>9326669
No one cares go annoy your friends on whatsapp or something.
>>
File: tumblr_n5119xke331srakp9o1_400.gif (559KB, 365x273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5119xke331srakp9o1_400.gif
559KB, 365x273px
>>9326678
>>
>>9326657
I thought they invented cartography. Nobody used maps before they came along.
>>
>>9326667
To me the "are you okay" doesn't even bother me so much because at least it shows they care and have good intentions. It's the people who tell me I look bad and should get a tan that can go buy fifty dicks off eBay and suck them all.
>at Douglas MAC counter, trying to get matched to a foundation shade because I heard they had good variety
>NC/NW15 swatches both look like orange-brown splotches on me
>sales representative (who has a bad foundation situation going on herself so I probably should've taken that as a sign) insists they look great
>ask if they have any NC/NW10 samples I can try
>sales rep says those don't exist (???), still insists the orange bronzer-looking mess on my jaw is a perfect match for me and makes me look "healthy"
>politely decline
>rep gets snappy, says "you should try here" and writes down an address for me
>address turns out to be a tanning salon
>>
>>9327229
Oh wow that's nasty. But that sounds like the average wannabe-posh person in The Hague to me. As in; I associate such fails with The Hague after having lived there for two years.
>>
>>9325253
if you have instagram you can check out beautyfrmtheinside or moriartician? they're both pretty knowledgeable about makeup and especially beautyfrmtheinside is pretty easy to talk to and has given makeup lectures before
>>
>>9327229
Wow, that's a total 180° different experience then I had at MAC/Douglas (though it hear more bad stories).
If it was recent, you can report her. They have customer surveys in which they explicitly ask for who helped you.
She's also lying about NW10, I have a sample of it.
>>
>>9327229
Had something similar at the M.A.C counter ask specificaly for a anti-alrrgdnic mascara and eyeliner.
Bimbo had to ask het manager what hypo alergenic meant. I spent 70 euro on 1 mascara and 1 eyeliner.
Had an alergic reaction and looked like someone beat me with a stick.
>>
>>9326720
oh fuck off, at least she's contributing something on topic.
>>
>>9327376
And just how is "I can't handle my booze" considered to be on-topic on /cgl/?
>>
>>9327376
The problem is that it's not on topic.
>>
Can't handle my alcohol anon here, turnef out I didn't eat enough, the drunk feeling wore off during the night and I had some pizza at 2:30. At least I know now I probably shouldn't drink at abunai.
>>
>>9327444
Unless you eat beforehand. But I don't drink at cons at all, maybe one alcoholic drink...at most. Being in full costume is pretty exhausting and I know how it goes when I'm exhausted and drink. Especially if I need to be up early the next morning....I'm not 18 anymore. Despite that, I still don't get hangovers, but that's purely because I know what not to do.
>>
>>9327444
Stop using this thread as a fucking chatroom, go get your attention somewhere else we just want to talk about cosplay.
>>
>>9327444
Don't sweat it Anon, we've all been there at some point. At least you've learned something from all of this, just like how I learned not to drink any sweet alcoholic drinks after a vodka Fernandez nightmare. That stuff goes down like lemonade and then hits me like a truck.

>>9327456
Do what I do, keep your Sunday empty so you can recover from the unofficial "5am Drunken Smash Bros Melee Tournament".
>>
>>9327456
I don't drink when I go alone or to one day cons, but 3 day cons I sometimes do. It makes it easier for me to talk to strangers
>>
>>9327478
Sunday is Solo competitions though. So that's getting up early, rehearsals and loads of backstage.
>>
As a cosplayer, how do I find someone to do a proper photoshoot with me? I am not particular known or popular or anything, but I feel I need to get good pictures before I can become known or popular.
>>
>>9327552
just talk to photographers on cons I'd say. Sometimes they're really booked so they won't have time, and sometimes they do. Just talk to them. If you never ask, the answer will always be no.
>>
>>9327552
Look up photographers online (old FB events are full of them) or ask friends for the names of good photographers and check their portfolio. Like what you see? Good, now go contact them and arrange something. Make sure to include what you want to see and ask for their prices.
Alternatively you could also approach photographers at cons. Odds are they'll be more than willing to do a couple of quick shots for free (if they have the time) and this is a great way to network. Just don't forget to ask for their card so you can easily find your pictures and contact them in the future.

TL;DR: Be active and don't just sit around waiting for others to approach you.
>>
>>9327552
As a photographer I would say, just ask them.
If you want photographers to notice you and ask you for photoshoots. Being a more know/populair cosplayer helps. Because to be honest, I try to keep up with the dutch cosplay scene. But with Facebook being a little shit, I miss most updates from cosplayers that I follow. I can imagine this is the case for a lot of cosplay photographers.
But if these is a photographer who's work you really like, please don't be shy to just ask the person for a off-con shoot. I rarely ask cosplayers myself, except when someone does a cosplay I have an awesome idea for or a show/anime I'm a fan off.

Good luck! I hope you find a photographer to work with.
>>
Any photographers in nl that are willing to work with a 'bad 'cosplayer? Or someone that is good at photoshop?
>>
>>9327620
not trying to be rude, but photoshop is not everything. You do need to atleast put some effort into your cosplay to get nice photos.
>>
Speaking of which, which Dutch photographers would you all recommend ?
>>
>>9327620
No idea, maybe you should ask some photographers if they are up for it instead of us?

>>9327657
Anyone who you feel comfortable with and has pictures in their portfolio that you like. Again, browse past con event pages and you're bound to come across at least 10 names to check.
>>
>>9327657
I personally enjoy working with Jeroen, as he tends to work with colour and more interesting backgrounds. (Though Animecon is pretty basic in what you can achieve)
>>
>>9327623
Ofcourse my costumes arent that shitty but I would like to have my skin photoshopped, because it tends to look awful. Plus I like photographers that can give instructions on how to pose.
>>
>>9327732
I do this most photographers edit the skin atleast a little. But you can see that yourself when looking through their work on Facebook/Instagram. Because the way they edit will most likely also be how they edit your pictures.
Maybe you can discuss that with the photographer, so they can help you out with posing. In my experience most decent photographers give tips while shooting. Because they are the onces looking through the lens, so they see what works and what doesn't.
>>
Are off-con shoots usually paid?
>>
>>9328244
I'd imagine so.
>>
>>9328244
If you ask a photographer to travel to some location to take some pictures of you you should at least pay back his travel fees.

on the other hand I know a lot of cosplayers, who bought their own basic camera equipment and learned some basics how to make a few nice pictures. This way they can shoot their own friends, who take some pictures in return.
this is how I get most pictures I want. It takes a bit of preparation but it's definitely worth it ass I live in a place with not many photogs around and I like to spent my time at cons on other things.
>>
I'm sick of cosplayers copying other cosplayers, just to throw that out there
>>
>>9328279
Examples?
>>
>>9328289
yeah sure. Just discovered Foxlady her act which was exactly like some other cosplayer who did it a few years back, chanco and akuro cosplaying alot of the same things black44ngel and teenjuwel do, and just all those jessica rabbit cosplayers getting salty over each other saying they're the best and others suck.
>>
File: 16J6rNv.jpg (46KB, 1110x810px) Image search: [Google]
16J6rNv.jpg
46KB, 1110x810px
>>9328298
>Jessica Rabbit cosplayers
I wonder how many of them have actually seen the movie. Like, if I would put a barrel filled with the dip next to them, would they be afraid of melting or just wonder why I am standing next to a long barrel while wearing a long leather coat?
>>
>>9328299
This is the entire reason i still dont want to see the movie again.
Worst scene of my life :'(
>>
>>9328298
Yeah, i hate cosplay copying the most. Ive seen the video's of the acts. Don;t know about the rest to? any examples of it anyone?
>>
>>9328372
It is funny, I frequently see people who were involved with each once upon a time influence cosplay copying.

Totally not obvious at all lol. And yes, I realise that it is not unlikely for people to end up doing the same thing per chance, but the frequency at which it happens is a bit......... funny.
>>
>>9328244
I think so.
But lately I see a lot of people getting into cosplay photography. A lot of those remind me of hobby elfia photographers, i think they don't charge.
>>
>>9328398
lol. wonder who to
>>
I was just wondering, what does Viencon have in place against creepers using the excuse as a photographer to snap happily away on their super professional DSLR to zoom in on tight spots?
>>
>>9328424
You're a fool if you're afraid of DSLRs.
The real fucking creeps are using cameraphones.
>>
Hey fellow lolitanons (and cosplayanons dipping their toes in lolita because to be honest y'all were by far the worst offenders), can we agree not to be such bitches to the 'normies' we encounter on the street? Especially the nice ones who compliment us? Some of you today were acting as if coming up to a group of weirdly-dressed strangers to tell them how nice they look is a form of assault. Our clothes look strange and attract attention. People are going to react to that. Please either learn to deal with it or find another hobby.
Also, when someone is genuinely rude, the best response is to ignore them and NOT start talking trash about how far they are beneath us. The majority of us look like dumb weebs in weird costumes so please get off your high horse and stop acting like snobby rich girls. Wearing a cheap plastic tiara does not make you an actual princess.

I thouroughly enjoyed the meetup today but overhearing how some of you girls acted on the way there made me feel ashamed to be part of the group.
>>
>>9328424
Funny same question applies to Tomo beach party right ?
>>
>>9328405
I'm guessing anon is reffering to who other anon talked about earlier. They've appearantly had some past together and now they're copying cosplays from each other
>>
>>9328424
Nothing, the moment you allow photography at an event there is very little you can do to prevent creep shots. And like >>9328432 said, smartphones are a bigger threat. Every smartphone has a camera, you can often disable the shutter sound and I'd imagine it's a lot easier to casually walk by with your phone in your hand whilst taking upskirts than it is to use a telelens on a bulky DSLR body. Hell even my compact camera would be better for far away creep shots with the 20x optical zoom and low profile it has.
>>
>>9328439
>Nobody here mentioned a Lolita meet or Lolita stuff in general
>Give us a preach because we misbehaved
Okay?
>>
>>9328439
I wasn't at the meet so I don't quite know who was so rude but I agree, partially .
Normies giving real compliments do not deserve to be treated badly.
If it was a backhanded one, aka an insult disguised as a compliment they deserve any shit they get though.
>>
>>9327387
>>9327409
I don't know what happened but when I made that post I swear to god other anon's post linked to >>9326687. Sorry guys, drunk posting is of course no1curr shit.
>sage for being a retard
>>
>>9328439
I wasn't at the meeting, but I also noticed this kind of behavior from the younger lolita's last year. They coudn't stop talking about how normies bothered them and kept talking like they are somehow above them because they dress different. I'm not a very active member anymore, so I haven't met a lot of the newer members. but it really just felt like they acted this way because of their age.
>>
>>9328405
Carolien, Chanco and Black44Angel, the Avatar Aang and the Harley's.
>>
>>9328442
Not entirely the same, since Viencon does promote itself as a photographers con aiming to attract both photographers and cosplayers for that reason. Just wondering what a con has in place attracting photographers and partial underaged cosplayers in bathing suits. If I learned anything from all the posts about Tomoshit, its that safety should be a concern for con organizers.
>>
>>9328509
This is why I'm afraid to go to meets, so I never been to one. Always wanted to go to one but I'm too chicken.
I have always been a quiet person and a bit shy when I meet people for the first time.
We will probably have very different interests cause I'm also probably a little older than most members as I'm in my early thirties, been wearing it since 2005.
Usually I get along well with people of all ages but it seems a bit intimidating when you hear about the comms drama, I don't really want to get involved with that.
Some comm members have been really nice to me online though, so I might try a smaller meet one day if I ever get the courage.
>>
>>9327694
Jeroen? Which one?
>>
>>9328523
Yeah and the other DC stuff they do. I heard Chanco and especially Akuro don't even like DC.
>>
>>9328543
Jeroen Weimar. What other Jeroen takes pictures at cons? There might be one I'm not aware of.
>>
>>9328551
Gotta go with the hype, am I right?
>>
Paging Prop-Anon: what would you recommend to fill up small gaps between two pieces of foam trimming? I was thinking of using wood glue and sanding it smooth afterwards, but I would love to hear some if you have a better idea.
>>
>>9328559
Lol yeah. It's kinda sad really. Why don't they cosplay something that actually interest them instead of pretending to like something for likes and attention.
>>
>>9328563
You already answered your own question there. Cosplaying popular stuff gets you more attention from the cosplay community and fellow con-goers, so if your goal is "to make a name for yourself" this is one of the fastest way to do so.
>>
>>9328571
Too bad in my opinion. There's no personality in cosplay pages anymore.
>>
>>9328537
A lot of the old members are in their twenties/early thirties. So looking at the list of who is attending the meeting is a good idea.
Also at the annual summerpicknick a lot of the ex/old members show up. So you could keep an eye out for that.

I also stopped going to meetings because it's hard to connect with the new/younger members. I still like lolita but I also have other interests. I cannot fill up a whole day talking about brand dresses.
>>
>>9328571
>>9328574
i think a lot of good cosplayers drown in the large group of 'cosplay a couple popular characters and be p good at it' and then really don't develop their own unique style anymore. Add patreon and instagram and you're all in there.
I like and follow cosplayers that either do their own thing or create things that you don't often see, and like to do so myself aswell. It challenges you more and you also see varied solutions to problems.
>>
>>9328523
Because it's very unique to cosplay Aang or Harley Quinn right??
>>
>>9328589
I guess its in the way they do it more than the characters?
>>
File: IMG_8479-7.jpg (574KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8479-7.jpg
574KB, 1200x800px
>>9328562
I personally use caulking. Look for acrylic caulking that you can thin down with water. That's how I 'hide' my seams. You can sand that down too.
>>
>>9328551

Is tomoanon at it again? Stop trying to make drama. Akuro, Chanco and Black44angel don't have problems with each other. They're friends even.

Also love how your plan of getting Akuma and Isanami to break up backfired. They're going to live together now.

I kindly ask now to leave 4chan and to not come back. We don't like you and yes, I do know this is 4chan. I've been here for 3 years in fact but you my dear are even worse than us. You want people to kill themselves because you are jealous. Jealousy is a bad thing. You should take a look at that or it might bite you in the ass someday if it doesn't already.
>>
File: IMG_8738-9small.jpg (638KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8738-9small.jpg
638KB, 1200x800px
>>9328562
>>9328609
After coating you can barely see the seams anymore.
>>
>>9328612
I dont think theyre friends though
>>
>>9328612
Can you please repeat this for the people in the back.
>>
>>9328618

Then maybe not friends but they're not hating on each other at least or disliking each other. They talk normally as far as I know and that they are copying cosplays from each other is complete nonsense. Just like all of the other things Tomoanon claims.
>>
>>9328612
Honestly I feel like that Anon is obsessed up to the point where I would recommend seeking professional help.
>>
>>9328562
I use hotglue for bigger gaps and then the last tiny bits with woodglue. Woodglue tends to shrink a lot when it's dry so bigger gaps will need to be filled a lot with it before it's actually a smooth fill.
I hear a lot of people use caulk but i find it hard to store caulk so i haven't tried it.

But try to make your foam seams seal the best way possible with the contact adhesive first aforemost while assembling it, thats the best way to make a nice smooth seal in the end rather than do a sloppy job at cutting/glueing it together.
>>
>>9328609
>>9328616
Thanks, guess I now owe you two beers.

>>9328645
It's only the 2mm thick foam that I'm having issues with. No matter how hard I try I always get a tiny yet visible seam (like a few hairs thick) where two pieces meet. It's probably (definitely?) small enough for the primer to handle but I really don't feel like taking any chances. Plus I know all too well that a smooth surface results in a smoother paint job hence my concern.
Either way I'll just try wood glue first on some scrap pieces and see how that works out. Otherwise it's off to the hobby/hardware store with me for some acrylic based caulk. I have to do some sanding anyway to get the outer edges all nice and round anyway.
>>
>>9328684
>Thanks, guess I now owe you two beers.
I'll be staying in the Mariott Hotel. Heh
>>
>>9328244
Depends on who you're dealing with? All my off-con cosplay shoots have been TFP based. And with non cosplay shoots, it's also either TFP based, or I got paid as a model if it was for a product based project. I never paid a photographer actually, but I would do it if I really want to realize a certain project, and want to shoot it with a certain photographer.
>>
>>9328577
Thanks anon.
>>
Cosplayers be like 'give kinpatsu and leon their facebook back' while we have no idea why they got blocked in the first place, seems like if you're popular enough people will stand up for you, while if you don't have many likes it's just 'too bad make another one'
>>
>>9328537
We don't have that much drama IMO. Just a few problematic people from time to time and currently there aren't any active as far as I know. There are few teenagers but only some of them are rude. Most of us are adults who are in college or working.
>>
>>9328562
I used woodglue once + sanding. Worked fine for me
>>
>>9329232
The lolita and gyaru communities are drama filled to the max. There are sites dedicated to the shit they say about eachother.
But drama only gets to you if you let it, ignore the bitches and have fun I guess?
>>
>>9329251
But lolita and gyaru secrets are pretty dead now, so I think the comms are getting a bit better? Or oh well, there's still lolcow, so maybe not.
>>
File: Pantsu.jpg (451KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Pantsu.jpg
451KB, 900x1125px
Anybody got any cool ideas to fill up my crotch with in my hosen?
Should I just stick with these whites/basics, or maybe make a nice codpiece?
>>
>>9330348
Depending on what you play as, I'd say get some armour skirting of sorts.
>>
File: ISwearItsNotASkirt.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ISwearItsNotASkirt.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>9330371
A buddy of mine managed to pick up some second hand tassets for me, so that works yeah.
But I was kinda looking for an out of combat look where I can impose everybody with my stuffed crotch ornament. I'm just not sure what kind of yet.
My hose are going to be red and white, and both single pieces so the underpants will be pretty visible.
>>
>>9330373
some fur maybe? idk. Or just a tabbard of sorts.
>>
File: NextLevelShitposting.png (17KB, 175x161px) Image search: [Google]
NextLevelShitposting.png
17KB, 175x161px
>>9330489
A fur codpiece would be something new and dashing, although I'm not sure I can endure all the "shaving' jokes that'll follow.
>>
>Skipping through the cosplay photography thread at >>9323876 after Anon's questions about finding a photographer
>Theme of the thread is if photographers are wrong to charge money for photoshoots and editing
>"Cosplayers and photographers both go to cons and pay their tickets, travel expenses and such and yet the cosplayer has to pay the photographer?"
>"I spend a lot of money per costume and the photographer only had a one-time purchase, so it should be free"
>"I worked hard on my outfit and the photographer gets attention for the pictures he takes with me and others on it, so it should be free"
>"Everybody with a DSLR calls themselves a photographer these days, so it should be free because I don't know how good they are"
>"Photography is only pressing a button, so why should I pay for that?"
Wow, just wow. Please tell me we are too sober to agree with this shit?
>>
>>9330534
.... Y'all pay people for their pictures?
Shit call me a cheatskape but I thought it was a hobby from both sides. I mean I ain't hitting up a photostudio, nor asking anyone for their picture.
>>
>>9330534
It depends on the person. If a photographer has a paying job and really is just doing it as a hobby money doesn't usually become a conversation, we just both bring snacks and supplies and have a good time.
If a photographer is trying to actually take it all more serious, high quality off con shoots etc, I don't mind paying. It's all about the quality of the photo's to me and I like working with different photographers to get different style pictures.
I don't think there are many Dutch photographers asking money though? I know Velvet Art does but honestly I love their pictures and I believe she also gives you a printed photo from the shoot so again, seems fine to me.
>>
>>9330534
This is what I said >>9326716

But honestly, they're all acting like hugely entitled photographers/cosplayers alike. Maybe I'm too sober for it, but I just feel like 'just talk to them and come to an agreement ffs'
>>
>>9330534
I was skipping through the same thread yesterday and beside the cosplayers demanding shots for free I was just as annoyed by the photographers who are just like: "But we photographers are soooo much valueable as cosplayers. You guys are just shit"

Is it so hard to respect each others work? I'm a cosplayer, who also likes to take pictures of other cosplayers and I also had bad experiences with photographers and cosplayers alike in this aspect.
Both sides spend thousands of euros on their hobby and spend hundreds of hours on their craft.

I'm very much willing to pay an experienced photographer. But let's be honest... at least 90% of cosplay photography is probably not worth paying for.
>>
>>9330534
>"I spend a lot of money per costume and the photographer only had a one-time purchase, so it should be free"
holy shit it's like they never took a look at what a good lens would set you back.
>"Photography is only pressing a button, so why should I pay for that?"
if that was a thing then bride photography wouldn't be a thing.
I mainly do it for fun but I wouldn't mind charging money for shoots if I felt my skill was good enough.
Both sides are important but there is no point in demeaning the other side.
>>
>>9330540
If it's a serious photoshoot I've arranged then you can bet your sweet ass I'll be paying the photographer or at least offer them some kind of compensation for their time.
>>
>>9330639
Well yah, okay, that's a serious photoshoot. I'm a filthy plebe, doing something like that wouldn't even cross my mind. I'm glad when some happy kid wants to take a picture with me and the lads.
>>
Very simple, just make your work that good that people want it and willing to pay for.

Hell, I would pay for a shoot with EosAndy! Velvet Art is definitely doing great work as well, right on them to ask for money!
>>
>>9329201
Don't know Leon, but what was the reason that Kinpatsu got banned anyway? It has something to do with that her prived account got blocked.
>>
>>9330750
She got reported out of reasonless salt of some randos to my knowledge.
Also she's from south africa and coming to Dynamicon?? Why literally the newest smallest stubble of our convention array
>>
>>9330755
Organization finds Kinpatsu awesome, that is why she got invited.
>>
>>9330760
It's more so that 1. She's willing to go to a convention without any known reputation and of certainly no large size and 2. Who's paying for her flight and stuff, did Dynamicon actually invest for that? I'm surprised they could afford to have her come over, can't be a cheap feat.
>>
>>9330765
I was told that Dynamo (the venue) is the one who organize it. Later on I read an interview that a group of volunteers (Con-Nation) of Dynamo organizes that.

Maybe that answers your question?
>>
>>9330765
I wouldn't be surprised if they have some external funding going on. Even then they only have to sell 30 tickets to cover the return flight from Cape Town to Schiphol and a other 8 for a hotel room. With roughly 300 people already marked as going and another 700 marked as interested in DynamicCon I really don't see this be a problem for them to pull off.
>>
File: IMG_1356.jpg (65KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1356.jpg
65KB, 479x720px
>>9328537
Anon pls come and talk to me about literally anything but high school/early college drama, stupid normies and parents who don't understand you. Literally anything but that. I'll love you for it.

Seriously though our comm doesn't have any kind of drama going on at the moment, at least not that I'm aware. Even the annoying teenagers are only rude to the Lowly Normies, not to fellow Elegant Classy Lolita-chans (blech).

>>9329251
I can't speak for gyaru but the lolita drama sites are all international, so you might see a lot of activity when lolitas in Bummefuque, Canada are tearing off each other's wigs but that has nothing to do with the Dutch community. I haven't seen any kind of unpleasantness come out of our own comm for a good while now. Are there even any Dutch lolcows?
nvm don't answer that

>>9330348
fancy codpiece or nothing
>>
>>9330534
I've been following that thread. There's something to say for both sides. But what shocked me the most were some of the entitled douchebag photographers like >>9327529 and
>>9327782. A deal is made before the shoot. If you shoot someone, and decide that after the shoot you don't want to give the cosplayer their picture for whatever reason, it's just rude. Even if it's the "photographer's property". Next thing you know, photographers are going to blackmail cosplayers this way to get stuff from them.
>>
>>9330782
I do hope they have more to offer than just Kinpatsu, even though I'm a fan of her. But we will see.
>>
>>9330821
I will consider to come to a meet in the near future for sure anon.
And I promise not to talk about school/college or even work, normies or parents.
And I also hope no discussions on domestic and foreign politics, people never agree with each other on that, which is usually fine, but it tends to be a buzzkill at parties and ruins the fun!
I would just like to hear about peoples favorite brand, indie and taobao pieces, music, books, movies, fandom, etc and cool hobbies, talk about pets if they have them, just casual pleasant conversation since I don't want to get too personal with people that don't know me very well yet if that makes sense?
You sometimes read things people (from other comms) say at meets and I'm like wow, tmi haha.

Also, thank goodness we barely have drama.
Everyone I see on fb and here on cgl have all been really nice and drama free.
>>
>>9328439
Literally the only lolita's who come here are the ones who also cosplay. We hardly ever mention lolita in this thread.
>>
>>9330821
>>9330847
Hello lolitas of the Dutch thread, I come from the local comm thread to propose the idea of hosting a meet near the south, possibly in Maastricht, possibly in Eindhoven. I'm a lolita who's new to the comm but not new to the fashion who would like to have a smaller meet to more easily get to know people! I'm trying to gauge interest but there were some people from the local comm thread who said they'd be up for it. If a small meet in such a location would be something you're interested in, please respond!
>>
>>9330880
Lolita from the other thread but yes I'd definitely be interested in an Eindhoven meet!
>>
>>9330880
If it's not a short notice meet I too would love a Eindhoven meet!
>>
>>9330887
Would late February be short notice? I'll be going on a trip in March so it'd have to be either late February or late April.
>>
>>9330534
I was looking through the same thread and I think it's only decent to cover at least travelling expenses (tfp) but on conventions unless you want your own shoot I don't think paying a photographer is required. Next to that there are 'professional' photographers who, if I want them to have a photoshoot with me, I would pay. Then again I have no idea what a decent price is, most photographers don't have it listed.
>>
>>9330899
Yes, unfortunately February (and also March) would be inconvenient for me.
Late April however would be fine.
You could do one in late feb and if that was successful another one in late April?
I don't want you all to wait that long just cause I can't come in feb, that would be selfish of me.
>>
Is there an abunai anon here? Room sales are starting march-ish right?
>>
>>9331361
Most likely end march, start april. We'll update the website soonish. You can find some of my co-staff on YaYcon at a booth if you'd like more detailed information(and if you happen to be there).
Anyhow, there will be a notice well before the sales open up.
>>
>>9331361
I'm prob going to abunai yes. Not sure but as much as I heard of it yes?
>>
Is there anyone here that has some experience with creating smoke for your cosplay? I have like 5%? Experience with soldering so yeah..
>>
>>9331397
I looked into this too, it'll really depend on how much smoke you want. Personally I bought a smoke spray can, hid it in the costume and re-routed the smoke to the desired location.
No matter what you get, if it's portable you're going to run out the whatever smoke it's creating eventually so be sure to make your contraption refillable.
>>
>>9331397
IIRC Adam Savage's Tested channel features a ghost trap prop from Ghost Busters once. The guest who made it used two cheap vaporisers and an aquarium pump to create smoke which worked well for the prop. But maybe you're better off telling us what you need smoke for in the first place.
>>
>>9331397
Vape nation
>>
>>9331397
There are tutorials for it, and I've looked into it for cordana, but it's an 'upgrade' option for me, so I haven't really tried yet. But here's a tutorial of sorts: http://valkyriestudios.net/making-a-mini-fog-machine/
>>
>>9330864
lol whose ass did you pull that from? I'm on cgl for lolita only and check in on the Dutch threads because I like seeing what other Dutch peeps are up to, but I have no interest in cosplaying myself. Several of my friends are in the same boat. Don't make shit up and then claim it as fact.
>>
>>9331497
I'm going to look that up in a min
>>
>>9331496
Hmm haven't seen that video yet, will look it up thanks!
>>
>>9331509
Yeah, I was also thinking to do it as a "upgrade' because I don't know yet if I'm able to finnisch my gegnaros tier in time. And to even be able to add that to the cosplay, so I was doing some research on it ;)
>>
>>9331597
Making off: https://youtu.be/z6KmX_poEV8
In depth look: https://youtu.be/nwsDK_kSdPU
But basically it's very similar to what >>9331509 posted with some tweaks to make it work best for the prop. But it's cool to see it in action as it gives you an idea what can be achieved with it.
>>
>>9331509
I actually just ordered the materials a while back for this tutorial, i'll probably going to get it in 2 weeks time and be able to make it.
>>
>>9331608
Do send pictures please!
>>
>>9331617
>>9331608
Or even better, a video of it in action.
>>
>>9331608
seconding >>9331669. I'd like to fit a pair in Cordana's shoulders at some point, but at th emoment it's just not feasable for me time & money wise. So I go with what I CAN do, instead of what I can't.
>>
File: kek.png (339KB, 543x560px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
339KB, 543x560px
Team Chaos is putting the DCC cosplay competition on the map!
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It's almost as if DCC is up on our memes.
>>
>>9331607
Oh thats super helpful thanks for sharing I was actually looking for something like that too.
>>
>>9330782
Honestly I'm so curious as to what this con will turn into. The venue is small yet they overpromoted it. Guess we will find out soon enough.. really hope it's not another let down of a con..
>>
Dynamiccon had to cancel Cosplay Dating Game.
>>
>>9331800
Whaaaaat why?
>>
>>9331801
Not enough participants.
>>
>>9331775
But that also means that, the first time DCC gives out a trip to Madrid for 2 and TCC don't get to go because they are judges and not participants. Sort of poetic justice.
>>
>>9331810
they're not judges, or at least that's what they replied on fb. I think they're part of the organization
>>
>>9331810
Lol if they're working for DCC they'll probably go there to. I mean isn't Sakuraflor Spanish?
>>
>>9331805
That sucks.. would've loved to see that happen
>>
>>9331790
No problem, that's one of the reasons I'm here anyway.

>>9331793
I'm curious to see how it turns out myself. For a first edition it looks promising, although there isn't enough interesting content for me to justify spending €20 on. Only the CC and Japanese legends lecture and maybe the prop-making workshop. Then again that probably wouldn't be anything I haven't already learned from Prop-Anon, YouTube and some old fashioned dicking around with ideas.
But hey, if it ends up being good we have one more con to visit in the "off season"!
>>
>>9328551
Bulkshit. Facts of that statement please?
>>
>>9331831
True that. I'm not expecting much of it either way but we can all hope right lol

I think the only thing making it worth the while is kinpatsu. Everything else is just meh..
>>
File: dynamicconlogo.jpg (111KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dynamicconlogo.jpg
111KB, 960x960px
Are you going to DynamicCon?
http://www.strawpoll.me/12197459
>>
>>9331845
Short answer: No.
Long answer: If I go to Eindhoven it's because I'm there to see my family. My only con this year is Animecon.
>>
>>9331845
Is it weird to still not be sure yet?
>>
Wait pene corrida is coming there? Well shite I should have known earlier.
>>
>>9331817
Every time I see that cosplayers are going to organise the cosplay competition anywhere, I'm preparing for a massive failure. None of the big or well organised competitions are organised by cosplayers.
Every competition I participated in with cosplayers organising it, it is a mess. I experienced it with Abunai, Nishicon, see it all around me and this one again. DDC is like: "Here is a competition, with finals in Spain. Oh, yes, we have not figured out the rules yet, but in 2 months it is. But it will be awesome, because Team Chaos will be organizing it and they are cosplayers"
>>
>>9331918
To be fair it's also the lack of organizations knowing about cosplay that they feel like cosplayers would know what they're doing.

I'm curious to see how this turns out. I know DCC is kinda messy and chaotic so let's see what they make of it..
>>
Team Chaos will help you out with the chaos.
>>
>>9331918 woah woah woah! You got that wrong bro. They are professional cosplayers.
They know what to do they even put us on the map at Blizzcon. Don't forget Sakuraflor knows everything about blizzard they even tested her at Blizzcon.
>>
>>9331937
I doubt a snowstorm will help...
>>
>>9331894
At the risk of sounding like a snob, they really should fire the butcher responsible for mixing their songs. There is way too much compression (range) going on in their songs up to the point where I believe there mixer is stuck in the loudness wars of the 90's. There are no dynamics left, just a constant storm of all or nothing. Shame really, especially as their playing is good...
>>
>>9331937
Lol lame
>>
I saw Dutch cosplayer with not that much likes and a patreon. The backers were only a few people. It just made me wonder, from which number of likes/followers do you gulls think a patreon is worth it? (aka have a good balance with backers) Doesn't have to be cosplayer related, but just for anyone with a creative hobby.
>>
>>9331944
I don't think an amount of likes really matters as long as you have content to share with others. I mean eventually your patreons are the ones who decide if your content is worth giving money for so I don't think the amount of followers really matters.
>>
>>9331944
It's worth it as long as people are willing to pay for what you do.
>>
>>9331937
Dude you have serious issues. What is your obsession with TCC lol
>>
>>9331944
I agree with what >>9331955 says. As long as people are willing to pay for it you're good right.
>>
>>9331964
Lol i bet he's the same person over and over who keeps putting TCC in the center of the attention all the time. "Oh TCC putting something else on the map"

Yeah so original dude. Joke is getting old
>>
>>9331617
>>9331669
>>9331692
Will do!

>>9331839
I'm also going for kinpatsu and the whole pokemon stuff, and meeting up with people

>>9331944
I think asking for money for your hobby is ridiculous, so I won't (400 likes fb page). I love it that people can follow my progress and creations, I don't want them to pay for it, neither would I.
>>
I was waiting for TCC salt when I saw the DCC announcement. This place is predictable.
>>
>>9332457
Well, they pretty much called it upon them selves, when they posted it a few times here, didn't they?
Self-promotion with a touch of arrogance is not the smartest thing to do on 4Chan.
>>
>>9331964
I think >>9331937 was a joke full of sarcasm.
>>
>>9331937
Was it a writen test or was it an oral test *gigity*
>>
>>9332495
stop slut shaming anon
>>
>>9332495
>>9332507
Yeah stop slut shaming anon. The only slut worth mentioning is Isanami.
>>
>>9332507
>>9332510
>Slut shaming
What does it even mean!?
Fucking Tumblr ruining a perfectly good Korean Oral Tradition picture board.
>>
>>9331558
From the fact that in almost all dutch threads we are almost always talking about cosplay/con's and not lolita.
>>
>>9332510
Oh please that was an goal.
Plus I dont even know her.
Sometimes people say stuff just to be funny.
#antijokechickens
>>
File: bleh.png (168KB, 1453x1055px) Image search: [Google]
bleh.png
168KB, 1453x1055px
>>9332522
Because the Dutch lolita comm is so small and tight knit that we generally talk about non-dramu lolita stuff amongst ourselves off of 4chan. It doesn't mean we never come here.

To add to that, any mention of lolita is often met with hostility from other Dutch thread anons. Just look at the survey. You yourself said you never see lolita discussion in these threads, so why are these people saying they want to see even less of us? For whatever reason, some anons ITT have a stick up their butt about lolita and start complaining at any mention of it, so since we don’t want to be a nuisance, we keep quiet. Again, that doesn’t mean we’re not here.
>>
File: bluh.png (106KB, 1534x626px) Image search: [Google]
bluh.png
106KB, 1534x626px
>>9332522
>>9332539
And again, the survey shows there are people who come here because they want to talk about EGL or other Jfashions. Why isn't there more discussion about these subjects? I can't tell you that, but clearly we're not all #literally only here for cosplay.
>>
>>9332539
Lots of stuff about lolita's being here too. I mean the thread could use a little filling up from time to time, and more the merrier, yadda yadda.
And I for one would be glad if I could read stuff about lolita, if it's less GTST than the cosplay stuff I read. Some of the lolita stuff has actually inspired me on costumes.

I'm still one of the few LARP anons and even I'm clinging onto here trying to make it relevant.
Fuck whiney anons and go for it.
>>
So, I've been into lolita for a couple of years now and own ~5 dresses. I've always been lonelita and don't know anyone else who is into the fashion, but I have been considering going to a meet for a while.
I always kind of avoided lolita meets because I figured it would be awkward and there wouldn't be much to talk about since the only thing we really have in common would be clothes. However lately the need for someone to talk about frilly clothes with has overgrown my hesitation.
What should I even expect from an average Dutch lolita meet? Is it hard to make friends with such a tight-knit group?

>>9330880
I might show up if the date works out for me!
>>
>>9332463
Lol and where is the proof of that? As far as I know they've never been on 4chan so I'm curious to know where younoulled that out from
>>
>>9331952
>>9331955
>>9331965
>>9332126
Thanks for the answers gulls. I guess it's really a supply/demand thing.
>>
>>9332566
They mention 4chan casually in some of their video's. Last time it was the camera is pointed at deathstrike cosplay during feeding time.
Plus you cant expect people to be this oblivious to what gous around.
>>
>>9332510
Nah the only slut here is that salty mouth of yours spreading lies where it can.

Go home Joe Salt. U know nothing and already got your salty ass handed too you last thread.

Post your issue or go play with your personal vendetta elsewhere
>>
>>9332606
Again for the salty anon in the back :')
>>
>>9331775
I just think it's weird how they get to choose who goes on stage. Why is dcc trying to do the same thing abunai does with the pre-selection.. and the pre-selection is 1st of march. Alot of people will have made their costumes only to be denied by them.
>>
>>9332576
Them knowing about it doesn't mean they're on here replying. Everyone knows 4chan but not everyone is on here. Invalid point my friend
>>
>>9332610
It kinda makes sense though because who else would make the selection? DCC obviously doesn't know much about cosplay which is why they keep hiring cosplayers to organize their competition.

And honestly I'm glad there are procedures.. those compos have become so boring and long lasting. At least now it won't take hours of awkwardness on stage and people making a fool out of themselves..
>>
>>9332610
I agree with >>9332676
Because now at least people are really judge on their work etc. Before people with bought costumes could win from someone who spend hours on their cosplay but made it themselves.. I don't think that was fair.
>>
>>9332542
oh my god shut the fuck up about your retarded baby clothes and go to literally any other thread on this board like let us have a place for cosplay that doesn't get shit on by you dumb bitches!
>>
>>9332539
>>9332542
The beauty about 4chan is that you can post anything you want and if people are interested it triggers a discussion. In other words just post away, so far nobody has been giving you gulls any shit for arranging a lolita meet anyway and I see no reason to stay away just because 2 or 3 anons like >>9332694 want to see less lolita.
Just don't create another multi-thread Alice shitstorm, okay? That shit was not cool, forcing me to make three new threads like that...
>>
Prop-anon checking in: The past two weeks have been pretty exhausting but so far our project comes along pretty good. If there's interest, I'll post timelapses.

Also I may or may not finally be able to get ahead with the shoulders and head, so I can finish the 'construction' part of the costume...

Carry on.
>>
>>9332700
silly question but do you really post this little?
>>
>>9332694
Not lolita but... there are tons of lolita and cosplay threads alike. Your argument doesn't hold up.
>>
>>9332539 #
It must be hella boring to follow the Dutch threads if you don't have any interest in cosplay

>>9332542 #
That could've been cosplayers who also have an interest in jfashion like myself
>>
>>9332543
Thanks cosplay anon.
Not the person you were replying to, but I don't see why we can't post Lolita related stuff in the Dutch thread since it's not a specific cosplay thread.
Some people seem to think they own the thread hahaha, sad entitlement issues.
We rarely talk about Lolita anyway so I don't know why someone got so salty about this in the first place.
I don't cosplay myself but can appreciate the art (I call it art when someone took the time to create their own costume, if that's ok?) and I don't mind the cosplay talk at all, it's nice to read about other peoples hobbies.

>>9332694
Nice bait, triggered-chan.
We're gonna post about Lolita more frequently now just for you.
Enjoy!
>>
>>9332606
1. How do you know they are lies?

2. Her whole existence is my issue.

3. You seem to be the only one defending her so why don't you stop and tell me why you are defending her?
>>
>>9332734
No, I just don't use my name and trip unless I feel it's necessary for me to identify myself as the thread OP. So as long as it isn't a direct question to me, questions about the thread, meets, surveys and such you'll find me posting as anonymous.
>>
File: 1478994431118.jpg (52KB, 508x376px) Image search: [Google]
1478994431118.jpg
52KB, 508x376px
>>9332756
>Still not telling us the reason for your personal vendetta
>>
File: 20170107_235917.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_235917.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
Hello /cgl/,

I recently wanted to get into making clothes so I dug my mum's old sewing machine out of the storage closet.
>>
File: 20170107_235922.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_235922.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>9332782
It only has two modes of operation: sew and darn. Not I know what "sew" does. But what does "darn" do and how to I use it?
>>
File: 20170107_235929.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_235929.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>9332783
When I switch to "darn" the teeth under the needle retract. When I try to work it the machine just makes a bunch of tangled-up knots. Maybe there are steps I'm missing? Please help?
>>
>>9332782
>>9332783
>>9332787
From Wikipedia: "Darning is a sewing technique for repairing holes or worn areas in fabric or knitting using needle and thread alone. It is often done by hand, but it is also possible to darn with a sewing machine."
>>
Oh darn it!
>>
Has Bregje ever made anything herself yet? I mean, the cosplays look great, but you know...commissioned and all that.
>>
>>9332754
>lolita calls other people entitled
kek
>>
>>9332819
>This shit again
Who cares? Come back when she ends up winning something by lying about who made her shit.
>>
>>9332547
I'm in the comm for about a year now and have been to a handful of meets. There are sort of cliques, and while I'm friendly with a lot of girls right now, I don't really feel like I've made any friends yet. But I like going out in frilly clothes and some of these girls are pretty easy and fun to talk too. I tend to pick out meets that have activities I am interested in, that always ensures a good time. Last meet I was at I decided to sit with some girls I didn't know at all and it was a super good decision, had a great talk!

>>9332543
I'm so super curious about the faces behind the few LARP anons, being one myself.

>>9330880
Sounds fun!

So question for the lolita anons, especially the lonelita's. I'm curious, how often do you wear lolita out, excluding meets?
>>
>>9332838
>inb4 "Godverdomme Niels/Jan/Joris/Jaap."

But yeah, my hose are finished this weekend, kinda want to wait for my new underpants too but then I'll be sure to show off my new Space Nazi costume.
Pretty excited 'cause it's my first half decent costume.
>>
>>9332842
Fantasy nazi*, been looking too much at 40K, sorry.
>>
>>9332819
>Has Bregje ever made anything herself yet?
I get so tired of her! She needs to make sure everyone knows she commissioned something as if she is a famous cosplayer. No, we don't want to know every cosplay you are going to do. Please come down to the real world! Make a facebook page if you need to post that much about your cosplays, but do not spam groups.

And this is also why CosplayNL sucks. You can't call her out for it, because that's being mean.. meanwhile we let her be delusional af.
>>
>>9332848
There's a reason I stay away from groups like CosplayNL, AFN and such...
>>
>>9332756
If her existsane bothers you then slip into something more comfortable... like a coma.

Also im defending her like i would defend anyone from a sorry Joe Salt who hides as an 4chan anon instead of being a man and discussing your personal issues with said person.

Just because you have a mental problem dont bother is with it in hope that she suddenly becomes the main convo here. Cuz it backfired
Also ik not the only one as i saw posts that were not mine aswell

Now im guessing its past your bedtime so hurry and go to sleep before your mom finds out
>>
>>9332756
Why? Well it is only natural to defend someone if a salty anon is spreading lies.

I am guessing your city didnt have any problem with glazed frost with all your salt.
I bet you saved the city a ton of money with that.

Get some help, plus it is kinda cheap for minors since it goes from the insurance of your parents.
>>
>>9332694
you do know that /cgl/ stands for cosplay and gothic lolita right? It also happens that there are dutch lolita. Sucks to be you anon
>>
>>9331937
putting organising cosplay competitions on the map
>>
>>9332838
Yeah, this was my experience back when I went to meets as well. Everyone was friendly to me and I enjoyed the meets on a superficial level but I just felt like I could never actually become friends with anyone or break into their circles. It just wasn't worth the effort/cost for it.

To answer your other question, I usually wear lolita once a week. I'm currently a NEET though so I don't get out much, but pretty much any opportunity I get to go out I wear lolita or at least an outfit with lolita elements like a blouse or some accessories. There's barely any negative reactions here in the Netherlands I've noticed and I have no problem being stared at or whatever so the only real limitations are things like job dress codes or intense physical activity.
>>
>>9332838
.... Hold up, you Lolita and LARP yourself....
Michelle dat you? :^)
Mvg, Kloot
>>
>>9332756
Nah-ah, I'm also on #teamisanami. Sorry not sorry anon, but you're the minority here.
>>
>>9332819
I agree with >>9332823. Who gives a shit really? >>9332848 She does post a lot, but if you don't care, just don't respond? To say it in the English translation of that Japanese saying: It can't be helped.
>>
>>9332873
not that anon, but >>9332838 might like to stay anon, since this is 4chan and all.
I know some people who also post on this thread from time to time, but I don't call out their name whenever I recognize them.
>>
>>9332889
Yeah, okay, I feel you I guess.
Wouldn't really understand why? It's no surname so other people who hardly have any use in knowing it. I'd just be pleasantly surprised to find an aquintance of mine is also lurking here.
>>
>>9332887
Or even better, just block her and never have to see a post from her again...
>>
>>9332756
Erm, I think that almost nobody cared until you pushed this thing beyond anything normal, Tomoanon.
I did not even know about her before you went all crazy. Now I'm also on her side, and even more against you.
>>
>>9332869
I wear it about once or twice a week as well. I hope I run into you sometime, it would be nice to meet a lolita "in the wild".

>>9332873
No. Not Michelle, sorry.
>>9332889>>9332892
Thanks for watching out for me. I don't really mind tho, but it feels kinda silly to say my name on here. In my LARP I am now known as Private Petticoat, so if you play with me you will know!
>>
>>9332900
This, and considering she refuses to share the reason it's probably just some trivial shit which makes it even more sad to me.
>>
>>9332903
Nah, doesn't ring a bell with me. I've only played Games-n-stuff events so far. Although I'm looking for one or two more events. This winterbreak, and having to travel 3 hours up north is a bitch.
>>
>>9332848
Hey I found my people!
>>
>>9332909
I do sci-fi stuff and am the proud owner of a nerf gun painted to match one of my lolita dresses!
>>
>>9332921
Haha, it's all in the details.
I'm the soon to be owner of a heraldic coloured codpiece, and I'm weirdly proud of that fact.
>>
>>9332903
>but it feels kinda silly to say my name on here
Is this because you have a silly name?
>>
>>9332926
You should be.
>>9332930
Nah. This is because we are on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
File: stahp.jpg (51KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
stahp.jpg
51KB, 500x483px
Current thread is on auto-sage, a new thread can be found at >>9332951
>>
>>9332821
Aww look, a shitposting poorfag.
>>
>>9332791
I'm still lost.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.