[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Cosplay as depicted in manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

File: ComplexAge1.jpg (599KB, 1725x2457px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ComplexAge1.jpg
599KB, 1725x2457px
Has anyone read this,and if so,what did you think about it's depiction of cosplay culture, and the personal lives of cosplayers?
>>
File: fujo rumi.png (188KB, 363x350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fujo rumi.png
188KB, 363x350px
I've never heard about this manga but I might read it if I have enough free time. I immediately thought of a manga called Fujoshi Rumi (in the north American official translation at least). It doesn't talk as much about cosplay than about doujins, fujos and cons but it's really fun. It even has scenes about people starting shit on some of the characters on 2ch, with shitposting and vendettas.
>>
I don't cosplay, but 1) I'm a lolita and 2)I've read complex age vol 1 and the original one-shot it was based on. I think it's actually pretty darn accurate from my experience (especially the ultra salty sweet lolita in the short lol) I like the fact that the main is female too, since a lot of stuff is just "look at this dude he's fat and he has 100 waifus"
>>
>>9317045
I loved that!

Looking for more stories about otakus i love this shit
>>
>>9318113
There is Genshiken. It's not strictly about cosplay, but it's a really good manga about Otaku culture.
>>
File: IMG_7627.jpg (72KB, 300x448px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_7627.jpg
72KB, 300x448px
Dramacon is clearly the best representation of cosplay culture
>>
Genshiken was focused around a college amine/visual culture club so cosplay was pretty constant. No one is particularly salty except the fat girl who kept getting dragged into groups and the drama was more relationship based. They tended to be more cool with modifying character designs for various reasons and with people using their own hair. There was one one made up series that eventually got its own anime but otherwise it was constantly referencing other stuff and most got into the anime except Final Fantasy. Not surprised it was the only IP that wouldn't allow that.
>>
>>9318201
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>9318203
>>
>>9318207
>>
>>9316989
Well, the author sure nailed the average cosplayer´s saltyness.
>>
>>9318160
>look it up
what the fuck even IS THIS
>>
>>9318160
Oh, I remember reading this on my tiny flip-phone screen on the TokyoPop app my mom bought for me have back in middle school! Thanks for reminding me about, anon, brings back memories
>>
>>9318160
It's so ridiculous, but the emotions are solid and relatable, and it's pretty self-aware. I love it, gives me nostalgias for my early con days.
>>
File: 51BXmA1E9HL.jpg (63KB, 336x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
51BXmA1E9HL.jpg
63KB, 336x500px
>>9318337
A Canadian made "manga" about the melodramatic life of con-goers. It's 2000s anime scene at its worst and finest. Pretty sure Tokyo pop was straight up giving it away because every library seems to have it. It's only three volume if you want some quick wtf fun and maybe nostalgia.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1180x1023px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1180x1023px
>>9316989
This one is pretty accurate.
>>
>>9318571
Libraries actually get manga pretty easily and by requests. So it could be either demand or it was cheap. There is a guy in my area who requests manga often enough that there is a good manga section.
>>
>>9318571
How much manga a library has depends on whether there's a person who works there who wants to stock it. I used to be a shelver in HS and there must've been a weeb in purchasing because we had a huge selection of brand new copies of loads of series.
>>
>>9318627
Just before I graduated high school I had donated something on the order of 75~ manga books, manga magazines <shojo beat & shonen jump>, and then a fuckton of how to draw manga books.

Have fun, future upstate NY weeabs <3
>>
>>9318160
I loved this, I have the omnibus edition. I actually ended up really enjoying everything this author has written, she's fun and while everyone has super pointy chins the art is really emotive.

>>9318207
Okay, I love that the One piece character they decided to cosplay was Bon-Chan.
>>
>>9318589
Name?
>>
>>9318649
I actually ended up really enjoying everything this author has written

Then you clearly haven't seen Life Me. It's hot Canadian garbage
>>
>>9318689
Her art is so bad..
>>
>>9318689
She didn't write My Life Me, she was character designer for the series and hasn't been involved with it since.

She's written Dramacon, Nightschool, and Awkward, all of which I enjoyed, even if Awkward was clearly written for tweens.
>>
This made me think of this 2000s shoujo manga.

It involved the protag who has a brother complex. Her older brother was a huge otaku and she was trying to hide that fact for him and set him up as the ultimate ikemen.

Her "love rival" was also a huge otaku and dragged her into cosplaying into comiket.

I remember there were a few pages dedicated to how they were going to fabric stores for clothing patterns, fabric, and the general process of sewing.
>>
File: exactly.png (262KB, 700x699px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
exactly.png
262KB, 700x699px
>>9316989
I'd say it's spot on for /cgl/'s attitude at the very least
>>
>>9316989
I really like "Kiss Him, Not Me" for it's depiction of the obsessive fan girl lifestyle. Even if the opening premise is totally awful.
>>
>>9318862
I give the premise a pass because the guys are called out about their shallowness towards her looks later on. My only issue with the anime version is the decision to give her a goofy deep voice in "fat mode."
>>
>>9318701
That explains a lot. Glad she's trying different styles. I have to wonder if My Life Me ruined it for her
>>
>>9317045
OP here. I remember reading Fujoshi Rumi and honest to God laughing so hard my sides hurt.
>>
>>9318682
You don't want to read it anon. It's just a doujin about a trap getting fucked silly by two guys at a park.
>>
>>9318862
>>9318904

Is it worh the watch, then? I read the manga and the opening premise was so terrible it made me drop it.

I rather enjoyed Fujoshi Kanojo and Fujoshi Rumi.
>>
>>9319251
I'm amazed at your ability to post of 4chan and still doubt that that is exactly the kind of content the anon was looking for.
>>
>>9319256
If you are a fujo yourself with a sense of humor it's pretty funny the jokes hit the nail on the head a lot
>>
>>9319136
Fujoshi Rumi is known as Mousou Shoujo Otaku kei in Japan and it got a movie.
>>
>>9319256
I watched it with a friend who kept me going through the awful opening and I really enjoyed the rest of it.
There's an amazing scene where all the boys are in her bedroom to study and they keep stumbling across her character printed sheets, getting spooked by her hidden giant cut out of her husbando and end up in a landslide of erotic doujin.
>>
>>9318203
>>9318207

Genshikan is like the watchmen of manga and anime.
Its just really good for some bizarre reason.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.