[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay Tailors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 55846p4.png (289KB, 501x750px) Image search: [Google]
55846p4.png
289KB, 501x750px
What does /cgl/ think of websites that tailor and make cosplays for pay?
Have you used one, if so, what was the quality like?
What are the best websites?
>>
Find a cosplayer who makes their own stuff/posts a lot of WIP's and ask if they take comissions
>>
>>9316652
I have a specific timeframe and don't want to rely on just one person. The idea of a business seems more reliable and cost effective. Is that not the case? I only know a few cosplayers.
>>
I use cosplay commission groups on Facebook if I have an intricate cosplay that I need done by a specific time. They link you to their business page, show you their past commissions and projects, give you a quote and you decide which commissioner to hire. I haven't been let down before.
>>
>>9316665
Businesses will almost always be Chinese Taobao resellers/factory dropships, good luck.
>>
>>9316650
I think most costumes from companies look mediocre at best, and the props are usually even worse. I agree with people saying to commission from someone, it's a bit hit and miss and you need to spend time sorting through reviews and quotes, but you have a decent chance of a nice costume versus a guaranteed shitty one. You can't get any of the super popular commissioners on a sort timeline, but if your projects not overly detailed then there is enough saturation of talent that you can still get someone good to do something in a month if you shop around and send out lots of inquiries.

Sweatshop costumes stick out in photos as cheap looking, which is fine b/c they can still be fun to wear, just don't expect great things is all I'm saying.
>>
I recently commissioned a cosplay off of etsy. If you want good quality, find a trustworthy commissioner. If you don't care much, websites work too. The only cosplay site I've ordered from is Cosplay Shopper. They're alright, obviously not the best quality, but not the worst.
>>
>>9316737
>>9316719

Whats considered good quality? Typically if you're going to buy a cosplay you don't know good from bad. How do you spot the bad aside from obvious flaws like rips, tears, coming apart, etc.
>>
>>9316745
>if you're going to buy a cosplay you don't know good from bad.

What? Nigga, anyone with two eyes can spot things like a poor fit, shitty materials like cheap satin, not resembling the source, and so on.
>>
>>9316752
I don't know anything about fabric and I've never had clothes custom fit before, so I wouldn't know what a bad fit was unless it was extremely obvious.
>>
>>9316745
It's not that hard. If I'm not sure, I get the opinions of others. But you get what you pay for. A $70 cosplay won't be as nice as my $400 cosplay. As long as you have a frame of reference, you shouldn't have any problems determining whether your cosplay's quality matches what you paid for.
>>
>>9316754

Seriously? You have to be taught this? Ok, lurk the good and bad cosplay threads for a year and take notes. Dissect what is actually bad about bad cosplays, don't just file them in a folder labeled "ugly". Is their outfit baggy? Are there are lot of wrinkles? Is the fabric too shiny? Does it look like the ref? Does their prop look like literal shit? etc etc.

Regarding fit, if the tailor is not there in person and asking you to come in for fittings, it's impossible to get perfect fit anyway. Just do a cosplay with looser clothes or something.
>>
>>9316831
When I see bad cosplay they're usually made of fucking cardboard or the person themselves are ugly as sin. That or it's just a shirt with marker for design.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.