[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that 2016 is over and done, what was the most popular cosplayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Title-Image.jpg (162KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
Title-Image.jpg
162KB, 512x288px
Now that 2016 is over and done, what was the most popular cosplayed series of 2016, anime/game/western? How about 2015 or 2014?
>>
just gonna throw out there that re:zero was shit and I'm mad I wasted my time on it

for 2016 overwatch comes to mind
>>
Upset that I didn't see any Magical Girl Raising Project cosplays. Some of them are revealing enough to attract attentionwhores and their more modest friends.
>>
>>9316014
Same here, there's a lot of cute designs to choose from. Though it came out late in the year so maybe there just hasn't been enough time yet?
Overwatch, Pokemon, and maybe Yuri On Ice seemed to be most popular this year
>>
File: Volume_7-LN-00c-Eng.jpg (653KB, 609x948px) Image search: [Google]
Volume_7-LN-00c-Eng.jpg
653KB, 609x948px
>>9316014
Same. The light novel series has so many more designs to pick from as well (though getting references for them is a little difficult).
>>
>>9316025
How high is the probability of the other novels getting animated? Because I'd love to see them in action
>>
>>9316014
The anime itself was a bit weird so I can see how it wasn't super popular and as such overly cosplayed.

That said, I did watch the whole thing and I'd like to cosplay a few of them. La Pucelle, Ruler and Top Speed all had really cool designs.
>>
>>9316014
I'm planning to cosplay Nana eventually. I'm actually pretty surprised it hasn't gotten any attention in my area though.
>>
What I saw seas of, by the year:
2012 = Madoka, 2013 = Sword Art Online, 2014 = Attack on Titan, 2015 = ...Love Live?, 2016 = Love Live again?
Sort of hoping for not that much Love Live again for 2017.

>>9316038
>>9316014
It's unfortunate, I liked it a lot. It looks like moeshit to most people at the first glance and anyone going deeper than that will inevitably compare it to Madoka like all magical girl shows for the rest of this decade. Series is a bit too new to have cosplays of it just yet.
>>
YoI seems to be the final big thing of 2016, and there were about 2000 Harley Quinns everywhere always after Suicide Squad came out but it seems like a lot of people have grown tired of her now. Probably because they are filthy casuals who watch bad movies about bad characters.
>>
for 2016, its mostly miraculous ladybug cosplays, harley quinn, and Overwatch cosplays.
>>
>>9315585
Steven Universe? Definetely Overwatch, Undertale. Anime wise maybe Jojo. Yuri on Ice is probably going to be the next Free!, meaning there will be a lot of cosplays of that show.
>>
>>9316027
Depends on the sales of the LNs mostly, since most anime adaptations are done as giant advertising campaigns.
>>
comics and western fandoms blew anime cosplays out of the water in 2016. superheroes and Overwatch dominated the con scene.

anime/Asian games had a few FotM: Osomatsu-san, Pokemon (for Pokemon Go hype), Mystic Messenger, and at the end, Yuri on Ice which is probably going to be big for at least the first half of 2017. i doubt it will compete with superheroes or Overwatch, though.
>>
>>9316550
As much as I love Madoka, it makes me sad that people compare these new, darker magical girl animes to it instead of seeing it for what it actually is. This is probably one of the reason to why Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero never took off...

MGRP doesn't have much in common with Madoka except the mascot being a cunt, it's more like Mirai Nikki but with magical girls (this also works as a good motivator for people to watch it).
>>
>>9316550
>sweats nervously because i'll still be cosplaying Love Live this year

I think the LL problem is the oversaturation of utter shit cosplays.

I'm personally hoping to see a lot more Fate stuff this year with the Grand Order OVA out. I'm also expecting quite a few cosplays of the main chick from Nier Automata (which is valid because she's a fucking babe)
>>
File: image.jpg (963KB, 1989x1524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
963KB, 1989x1524px
>>9316564
>bad characters
>bad
you take that back you little shit
>>
Does anyone recall when Vocaloid cosplay reached its peak? It was sometime between 2008-2011, that's all I remember.
>>
Def gonna be Fate, it's got enough attention whoring designs and there is a bunch of material coming out along with cheap taobao costumes for the untalented cosplayers.
>>
>>9318057
Yuuki Yuuna didn't took of because the characters felt too much of a stereotype often, sadly. Story itself was good but badly written at some points. It left me with a lot of questions.
It could have been much better with a bit more believeable characters.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.