[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going with my partner to a lolita themed birthday party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: cgl.jpg (19KB, 236x310px) Image search: [Google]
cgl.jpg
19KB, 236x310px
I am going with my partner to a lolita themed birthday party in February. The dress code for men is ouji/fancy.

I am a 5'9 175lb bodybuilder with a beard (although I am willing to shave it into a mustache for the party)

How can I dress fancy/ouji for the party without looking odd because I lack most androgynous qualities.

Recommendations of stores, brands, inspo picks, etc would be much appreciated.
>>
Do you own a suit? A well-fitted suit will be fine. You can add accessories like a funky tie (check Etsy, Cyberoptix has a nice selection but there's a huge range out there), pocket square, lapel pins, etc to make it more fancy or to match your partner's outfit. An ascot is another option (see pic - if you have broad shoulders or a thick neck from lifting and find button-up shirts tricky to fit as a result, this might be a more comfortable option). Google

If you don't want to spring for a suit, hit up your local thrift shop for a nice vest to wear with a button-down shirt. Again, a tie or ascot and some accessories (pins, rosettes, etc) will bring it up a level. Google "mens ascot vintage look" for ideas.

The key with men's clothing is fit. You're better off buying something vintage / thrift and spending to have it properly tailored than buying new off the rack, especially if you have a non-standard build.
>>
>>9315024
Great thank you - accessories like pins or a pocket square completely asked my mind. I guess I was to focused on the ouji aspect.

I'm definitely going to check thrift shops

I was thinking a vest aswell, as suits tend to be too small or fine on the arms and shoulders but baggy around my stomach when buttoned up

I'll have a look at ascots aswell

Cheers :)
>>
>>9314972
shave the whole thing off
facial hair ain't kawaii
>>
File: pink-beard.jpg (77KB, 586x747px) Image search: [Google]
pink-beard.jpg
77KB, 586x747px
>>9316058
TAKE THAT BACK

(OP this is a joke please do not do this to your beard please)
>>
>>9316058
You don't mess with a man's beard anon.
>>
You sound hot desu. Wear a nice fitting suit and take pics
>>
>>9314972
You don't have to shave your facial hair completely, but make sure it's not overlong and scraggly looking. If you want to go the extra mile get some mustache wax and curl your 'stache. I think it's a very dapper look myself.

I'd also suggest avoiding white gloves or any hats unless you plan to shell out for good quality ones. They look costume-y when they're cheap and ill-fitting, which is the opposite of what you want to go for.

It'd also be a good idea to look into some vintage or nicer quality shirts with interesting buttons, rather than normie office shirts with the clear plastic buttons. It's the small details which add up to an expensive and fancy looking outfit.
>>
File: tumblr_o53tliz72I1roxde6o1_1280.jpg (136KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o53tliz72I1roxde6o1_1280.jpg
136KB, 960x960px
>>9314972
For future reference ask in the ouji thread, you can go there for some info on wear to buy larger size aristocrat clothing - someone posted about that recently with some good deals.

Not everyone has to conform to the boyish prince look, you can go for a more mature and masculine look. I know there's one guy who had some pictures with a fuller beard and it looked good, just make sure it's well groomed.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.