[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teeth Whitening Products

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I know its kind of a meme at this point but I'm doing a Harley Quinn cosplay and I need something to make my teeth just a bit whiter(pic related) What whitening product actually work? Without damaging my teeth.
>>
Crest white strips and that clear whitening mouth rinse
>>
If your teeth are fairly stained the best thing to do is get them cleaned/whitened by a professional and then use whitening strips, mouthwash and toothpaste. The dentist appointment will get rid of a good portion and makes it easier for the rest to do it's job. My teeth used to be super yellow and I got them comfortably white in a summer this way.

Crest strips are good (I believe that's the one that's like $40?). If you're not too bad they should do the job for sure.
>>
Opalescence is a brand of whitening toothpaste that costs around $15 and does slowly whiten your teeth from my own experience.

You could also shell out money and get whitening trays + gel at your dentist's office.
>>
>>9314505
>>9314507
>>9314515
Muy excellenté, thanks
>>
Or just post edit.
>>
Anyone had good results from using activated charcoal?
>>
>>9314502
Gargle with bleach
>>
Charcoal toothpaste.

And like taking care if your teeth. That's a thing too.
>>
>>9314502
I'd agree with some of the others, go to your dentist and follow-up yourself with whitening strips and stuff. Avoiding things like coffee, cigarettes and red wine will help keep them white for longer.
Means you get to drink vodka and stuff tho.
>>
>>9320161
the fucks your gums over time famalam
>>
Look up "oil pulling" yo
>>
>>9323821
Did you use coconut oil while doing it? Also around how long did it take until you saw whitening results?
>>
>>9320161
most peoples teeth aren't naturally white, you know?

>>9320193
seconding this
>>
Please don't die
>>
>>9320193
>vodka is better than red wine
are you wrong in the head?
>>
File: me in any video game.jpg (101KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
me in any video game.jpg
101KB, 1000x1000px
I will be honest, OP.

I went to the dentist and asked for a whitening treatment and they told me just to go with Crest because it's "the same thing, way cheaper, and you can buy it more frequently."

Dental whitening treatments (at mine, anyway) can range from 150 - 500$. But if your teeth are stained, go for it. I'd say do this for you, not for the cosplay. Personally I love having white teeth, so I buy a box every year or so. There's also whitening toothpastes and mouth washes for you. All of which are incredibly safe - if your teeth are sensitive, brands also make a "for sensitive" and you can often find it.

Don't go cheap, you could fuck up your teeth. Read reviews.

I had HUGE successes with crest white strips - I bought their most expensive box because the strips are longer and actually cover more than just the first 6 teeth on the top and bottom row. Mine covered 8, which was perfect. The most expensive box, if you apply the strips correctly, literally glue them to your teeth and you can even drink water without becoming a foaming, salivating beast.

Follow the directions on the box.

One time, I came home from a ~2 hr commute + 10 hr shift at 10PM, was getting ready for bed and popped in my white strips for 1hr. I accidentally fell asleep for three hours.

The resulting carnage was extreme tooth sensitivity. That was it. The dentist told me it was nothing to worry about, it takes much higher concentrations + longer times + more frequent events like that to actually damage anything.

Crest isn't your only option, though. My sister went to her dentist and got trays made for her teeth and has this clear gel substance that she uses maybe once every six months or so. You can buy "whitening pens" too.

If you want your teeth to super white and sparkly, I'd recommend starting this process ~6 months before your cosplay so you can experiment and see which one you like the most!
>>
I once had a dentist tell me not to use whitening products while I was on my period.
>>
>>9338093
>If you want your teeth to super white and sparkly, I'd recommend starting this process ~6 months before your cosplay so you can experiment and see which one you like the most!
Definitely, time is key. The sooner the better, particularly if you've let yours go to a shit shape.
>>
Echoing the recommendation of the Crest white strips. Specifically the Luxe ones.

Sometimes Amazon runs good deals on them. If not, try Bed Bath & Beyond with their glorious 20% off coupons.

Start VERY slowly, especially if you have sensitive teeth and/or gums. Once a week for a few weeks, then twice a week, and so on. Sometimes the pack may come with a few "One Hour Express" strips. Don't use them unless you're certain your mouth can withstand it. Before a con or special event, I'll try to do 1-2 strips a week. If not, I'll usually stick with 1-4 strips a month.

I've also tried the Listerine whitening mouth wash. Didn't really notice a huge improvement, but it's a nice mouthwash in general. Tastes nice, doesn't burn, and contains fluoride as a bonus. The generic brand version of it tastes vile. Whitening toothpastes were too harsh on my gums. I have a Sonicare toothbrush that I got as a gift, but I find it pretty mediocre. Try to floss at least once a day!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.