[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Year's vent thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

File: clean-slate.jpg (194KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
clean-slate.jpg
194KB, 500x458px
Something bothering you from this past year? Vent it here and start 2017 with a clean slate! Keep it /cgl/ related, of course.
>Bad con/meet you wish you'd skipped?
>Something shitty that happened that you just can't shake?
>Something you're excited about upcoming in 2017?
>>
>Night before a big con earlier this year
>Staying over at best friend's house
>We'll call her Umaru, which was her cosplay
>Lives with her parents still
>Closer to con anyways and free, good enough for me
>Working on finishing touches on cosplays
>Other best friend comes over to goof off and help
>We'll call her Spooky
>Spooky is about to leave so she can get rest before the con
>Umaru goes downstairs to get her mom to lock up one of their dogs
>This dog in particular is extremely hostile and HUGE
>Spooky is upstairs waiting behind a barrier they have on the stairs
>I'm in the other room sewing
>Umaru is playing around with the dog
>Dog leaps over barrier and heads straight for Spooky
>Spooky gets badly bitten.
>Umaru's sister barely pulls dog off of her
>Dog gets put in other room
>Complete chaos
>I go to see what's going on
>Spooky standing in the doorway of Umaru's room, bleeding all over the hall, holding her arm, shirt torn
>Umaru looking panicked trying to hide Spooky from the dog

cont.
>>
File: 1479185123690.jpg (321KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479185123690.jpg
321KB, 720x720px
>>9305373
>Umaru's mom starts freaking out
>Spooky takes it like a champ, not crying or anything while she has huge holes in her arm
>Spooky calls one of her nearby friends to drive her to the hospital
>Umaru Mom helps Spooky outside while her friend pulls up
>I'm standing at the top of the stairs with Umaru
>Umaru breaks down
>We rush outside trying to follow Spooky
>Umaru Mom passes by on her way back inside
>Blames Umaru completely
>Says it's her fault Spooky got hurt
>Umaru loses it and collapses on the sidewalk sobbing
>Umaru Mom goes back inside
>I stay outside with Umaru trying to get a hold of the situation
>Around an hour later we head back in
>Go clean up Spooky's blood, that's when it sinks in
>Umaru Mom decides it's time for Round 2, screams at Umaru again
>Umaru Mom treasures that godforsaken dog, still blames her own daughter instead
>I decide that's more than enough and have an exchange of my own with Umaru's mom
>She leaves in a huge fuss
>Umaru starts crying more, thanking me
>Tell her we're getting out of there
>We grab our shit and hop in my car
>Head up to my place for the time being
>Going to be worse of a drive the next day but better than being around Umaru Mom
>Try to get in contact with Spooky
>She's fine, got stitches, but she's not gonna make it to the con tomorrow
>We're just glad nothing major got injured

cont.
>>
File: 1476847947601.gif (415KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
1476847947601.gif
415KB, 245x170px
>>9305378
>We finish up our shit during the night and morning
>Heavy gloom over us the next day but the con is alright
>Spooky decides to go the next day for a few hours
>She worked really hard on her cosplay and wanted to wear it
>At least her arm bandages match the cosplay
>We hang out for a while, Umaru acts kinda weird
>Umaru and I go to a meetup afterwards and she seems happier
>I end up getting sick from the heat and we head back early, Umaru is bummed
>We stay in contact afterwards for a while, try to make plans for more cons
>Umaru fades out, stops replying
>Spooky and I get worried
>We try to contact her
>Poor Spooky, Umaru still has one of her brand shirts
>Umaru blocked us on everything she had us on
>I've known Umaru since the 6th grade, feel completely heartbroken
>Spooky hasn't known Umaru as long but was still really close with her
>Spooky is trying to be as chill and supportive as she can be, even though it's obvious she's been seriously affected from the dog attack
>Later in the year, Spooky and I go to a con
>Ironically, I'm borrowing the same cosplay she wore to the first con while she's wearing a cosplay I bought for her from the same series
>After months of complete silence, guess who we bump into at the con?
>It's Umaru, still wearing the same cosplay

cont.
>>
File: 9cd.jpg (65KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
9cd.jpg
65KB, 500x364px
>>9305381
>Spooky and I rush to Umaru, happy to finally see her
>Worried out of our minds
>Say hi, ask how she's doing, etc.
>Umaru is standing there with some other girl I don't recognize
>Deer in the headlights, doesn't say a thing
>Looks between us and the other girl
>Ignores us, walks off with the other girl
>I start crying, Spooky is doing her best to be a good friend still
>Umaru walks by with her friend
>Accidentally make eye contact while I'm nearly crying out my colored contacts
>Cry more
>Spooky tries to keep my mind off it and make it a great con anyways
>Really don't know what I'd do without her, she's a keeper
>Umaru never told us what we did wrong
>Still feel like my other friends are going to leave and hate me like she did
>Tonight
>Check Umaru's cosplay account while I'm typing this up
>Posted a 2016 cosplay improvement picture for the exact same Umaru-chan cosplay
>Pictures look like they were taken on the same day, no difference in them
>At least there's that

TL;DR: I'm oversensitive, Spooky is a god, and weebs never change.

>2017 related
>First con of the year, just a week away
>Local con, worried I'll see Umaru again and the same thing will happen
>I'll be with Spooky, which makes me feel better. I'm gonna try to be stronger for her this time.
>>
File: korili.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
korili.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>>9305394
I'm so sorry something like that happened to you. Slightly different, but I've had a hard time myself letting go of friendships that have lasted that long because it just feels wrong to not be friends, if that makes sense.

Spooky sounds wonderful and a much better friend than Umaru in all honesty, I hope you and Spooky remain friends for a long time, as people like that are hard to come by.
>>
>>9305394
What if.... what if Umaru's mom did or said something to make your friendship end because you stuck up for her that one time??

It just seems so random... I'm sorry you're heartbroken about it anon, I definitely prefer Spooky over Umaru tho, seems way more supportive and put together, good luck to you two in the comming year!
>>
>>9305394
I don't think you did anything wrong, I think you standing up for Umaru when her mum was being a twat potentially caused her to get into serious shit with her mum.

That is a seriously aggressive dog though; probably shouldn't be around people at all.
>>
My gf broke up with me and stole my dog
I quit my miserable job hoping to find a new one but instead I'm just stuck living with my parents.
After my dog being stolen I was diagnosed with severe depression and because I am moving all over the country and am now unemployed I can't really afford/have the time for decent counselling and I don't really want to take drugs.
That combined with what few friends I have scattering to the four winds. And most of those not even replying to me anymore.
I've also found myself getting unreasonably anxious with things that never used to make me so.

So now I'm hoping that I can find a job I actually enjoy in a field I want to work in and work on finishing a few cosplay if I can ever muster the effort.

One day my miserable life might be worth living but I can't see it right now and I haven't really seen it ever in any tangible way.
>>
>>9305786
That's terrible anon. I hope things get better for you, and if you need someone to talk to, I can give you my email.
>>
>>9305787
I'd love people to talk to but I dunno everyone ends up not liking for one reason or another.
>>
>let toxic friend plague most of my 2016 con plans
>her flakey attitude cost me and friend hundreds in hotel fees
>she whines like it's our fault she couldn't go
>caused irritation at the few cons she actually attended
>complained about me cosplaying getting attention
>kept calling dibs on character I liked to cosplay
>never did
>finally cut her out of my life this year
>already planning to cosplay said character in 2017

My wallet and sanity are better for it already.
>>
>>9305806
not trying to be harsh but make sure you're not being a sadsack all the time. of course I don't know you or what you do but that's a really common reason that people are disliked in my experience. being self-deprecating really puts a damper on stuff too.

venting is ok but it has its own time, like everything else. idk, hopefully this is somehow helpful to you
>>
>>9305394
What type of dog was it? It honestly sounds like Spooky should have called them out if the dog is that aggressive
>>
>>9305829
I lost a friend recently and the reason I was told was because I kept reaching out for help. What is the point of friends if not to help. And I made an active effort to involve similar interests and discuss mutual interests like film and music.
It's like even when I try to not be worthless I still am.

I can't pretend to be okay when I'm not. And even when I go out of my way to not drag people down with negativity I still do. The problem isn't everyone else or the way I approach them. The problem is me. And if I can't be fixed then the only real alternative is to remove the common denominator.
>>
>>9305837
While it is true that good friends should be willing to listen and/or help you when you're feeling down, they're also not your therapist.

I was friends with a guy who would constantly dump all his issues on me, when I had enough problems of my own to deal with. He became weirdly reliant on me and I couldn't handle my own mental health and his at the same time. I had to pick my own mental stability over his in the end, and distanced myself. He's thankfully doing a lot better now.

There is such as thing as reaching out "too much", and that point is when the person you're reaching out to cannot handle it. Some people can handle more, others can handle less. It's a balance that needs to be worked out with time, and I believe you can do it anon.

Don't give up.
>>
>>9305837
imagine if somebody was dumping their negative feelings on you all the time, on top of the negative feelings you already have. it would be pretty shit, right?

i hate to be blunt anon, but everybody has problems. venting is totally okay when it's appropriate, but don't expect people to be happy with you if you act like a constant buzzkill. it sounds like you need to work on yourself first, like handling your feelings and your issues and being able to feel out WHEN it's okay to drive a conversation towards the subject of your feelings.

none of this "kms" shit, take this opportunity to do some self discovery and figure out how to handle your feelings by yourself
>>
>>9305806
Well hey, we can still try, yeah?

I agree with a lot of what the other anon's are saying. It's okay to reach out for help, but if you're throwing a lot of stuff onto people almost weekly, and not even asking how they're doing or bothering to handle their issues, then the relationship is definitely going to become strained.

That being said, I can understand that it's hard to fake being happy. And that can definitely be emotionally damaging as well.

While I do think you'd benefit from therapy (you'd be given a chance to dump all your emotions without worry of friendship, plus therapy doesn't automatically equal medication), since you can't do that I would recommend learning some good coping methods.

As cliche and annoying as it sounds, positive thinking is a big thing, even if fake at first; it'll lead to true positive thinking. And it's way healthier and better for you than constantly being down in the dumps all the time.
>>
>make cosplay page on facebook
>realize I only have 2 actually good cosplays
>realize that my only interaction with the cosplay community around Massachusetts is limited at best
>realize my networking skills are shit
>I don't have the heart to delete it
>>
So so so salty that I fucked up and didn't get my rosemarie seior lucky bag...I'm still a noob at shopping services and didn't realize that zenmarket doesn't order on sundays so it sold out in the meantime. and then i kinda went off on them and i feel bad about that. although it would be nice if they were clearer about it it's really my fault for making such a high stakes purchase when i'm still not used to the ins and outs of shopping services. i did manage to snag the accessories bag but fuuuck i wanted a dress and shoes so badly.

also i MIGHT be moving soon for a new job which is amazing and exciting, but i'd be moving to an area that's well known for having a pretty inactive comm scene. i'd really miss my small but active comm here; i'm still relatively new but everyone has been so friendly and i hate to leave when i'm starting to form bonds
>>
File: tom-hanks-trash-can.jpg (26KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-trash-can.jpg
26KB, 500x364px
Met someone fleetingly at a convention. I could have had a great friendship/relationship with them but chickened out. Still regret it. I wonder if they feel the same way.
>>
>>9305960
Unless you're moving to somewhere irredeemably inactive (like NYC, where it's so big and dangerous that there are barely any public meets), you might be able to make the comm more active if there are any meets there at all. Depends if it's more of a "there are no lolitas in the area" issue or a "nobody wants to step up and organise meets" issue.
>>
Well, like other anons it looks like I've lost a good chunk of my friend group this year, although it eventually became my own decision because being a doormat is not my dream come true.
>Group is composed of uni friends I've been basically best pals with for 4 years, and is somewhat led by old weeb friend I've been close with for more than 6 years now (let's call her Winnie) and other weeb pal from uni (let's call him Nate)
>Hang out almost every week, do gaming and roleplaying shit, feels good
>I have heavy uni workload and depressed as shit but working on it (also not broadcasting it to friends because do not want to be buzzkill), have to bail on hanging out a few times but people seem cool, others equally can't always make it with uni/work/family stuff
>Things start getting quiet and less events are being organised, group suddenly can't be bothered to have hang outs at my place anymore either
>Finally group wants to do a gaming day, I say yes but get contacted for a job interview I was super excited about so have to back out of social times
>seems fair, right?
>Nate gets shitty in the chat; "UGH why do SOME PEOPLE always make it so DIFFICULT to plan things"
>aight, fuck dis noise, ignore
>Meet up with Winnie later that week at a mutual friend's event
>she lets slip that the group haven't been meeting as much because they've been just doing "casual hang outs"
>"casual" = literally everyone but me
>also planning a road trip without me
>she will literally not stop going on about all the fun stuff they've been doing
>rude or just stupid? Who knows
>ask whether I have angered our great overlord Nate
>"Oh no he was just feeling stressed or something it wasn't about you!!"
>ahuh
>point out that it maybe would have been nice to be invited to stuff
>"oh yeah right I guess we should have thought of that! Teehee my bad!"
>whatever, maybe they'll stop being such blatant asses
>w r o n g
>get angry messages from Nate when I get home
1/2
>>
>>9305996
2/2
>Winnie was apparently "so stressed out" from me pointing out that I wasn't in group events anymore
>he goes off with paragraphs of salt
>"how dare you stress out Winnie so much, the only reason we haven't been inviting you is because you bail too much so it's obviously not worth the effort, it's not like you ever even make an attempt to hang out"
>have literally offered my house to them several times
>do not fail to attend weeb shit any more than other people (except for Winnie and Nate since they're both borderline uni drop-outs at this point)
>sorry I want a job
>cannot be bothered with this shit, end up being the one apologising
>"good, maybe we'll think about inviting you to stuff again"
>k

At this point I am happily phasing myself out of the group, sucks that they used to be good friends but none of them have grown up at all and I just have no fucks left to give. (More shit happened but it's only minor details at this point, turns out they've done this "phasing out" stuff to people before)

Luckily now have a group of lolita pals that meet up regularly and it's great, no pressure if I can't make things when life gets in the way. It's just nice to have friends that genuinely care how my life is going, instead of feeling like an emotional doormat like I used to for ages.
>>
>>9305941

The new England comm is super hard to break into or meet people in... Lots of crazies combined with shit weather and bad cons means nobody wants to put in the time/effort to risk it. What's your page?
>>
I regret being the group mom all this time.
I'm sorry, baby birds! You're falling out of the nest this year! Mama is done carrying you around cons. Do your own cosplays. Bring your own food. Get your own rooms and rides. Stop using me like your free therapist when you want your poor life decisions validated. We're in our mid 20s. There is no fucking excuse anymore.
>>
>>9305837
>What is the point of friends if not to help.

Yes, and it goes both ways. Like the other anons have been saying, if you're constantly in a state where you need help every single time you speak to someone, go seek out a professional. Friends are not free therapy.
>>
>>9305394
UmaruMom most likely stepped in and threatened Umaru with some kind of an ultimatum of "if you're her(you anon) friend you can't live here anymore" or something like that. I feel kind of sorry for her. Seems like her mom's on some sort of abusive/powertrip with her. Imagine your own mom loving a dog more than you.
>>
I attempted to join a local com in August, and never got a response back. I realized later I messed up and forgot to send the new member questions, so a few weeks later I messaged one of the mods with the info. I'm still pending, and said mod has not responded. I think at this point I've just accepted I wont really be a part of it
>dont even have a full coord yet anyways
>>
File: 1480628858065.png (8KB, 243x309px) Image search: [Google]
1480628858065.png
8KB, 243x309px
Fanime 2016 was a mistake
>>
>>9305991
I don't know the details but i've heard it talked about in a few different places that it's a pretty dead comm due to people being spread out throughout the area and not being able to find a place to conveniently congregate for meets. i know a few people in the area who might serve as buddy lone lolitas or help me break into the few extant meets but it's still a bummer coming from a comm like mine. It was a perfect first comm and it spoiled me.
>>
>>9306020
But I'm not. I'm trying everything in my limited capacity to not do that. I filled plenty of conversations with stuff that wasn't anything but mutual. The fact that even when I go out of my way to try I still come off as being a needy piece of shit really goes to show how worthless my attempts are. When you've tried tooth and nail to treat people as everything but "free therapy" and they are still thinking that then where else am I to go?
>>
>>9306057
start with yourself
>>
>>9305416
Thank you, I'm sorry you go through that too. Yeah, Spooky is honestly the greatest, I'm hoping the same thing!

>>9305651
>>9305752
>>9306024
I agree, that's what Spooky and I both suspect. Umaru Mom is pretty fucked up in general. I think part of the reason why Umaru still lives there is she's a bit of a NEET, and her mom is happy to have that control over her. I wish the poor girl could get out of there.

>>9305832
Pretty sure it's a Tibetan Mastiff, it's totally massive. Neither Umaru or Umaru Mom told us how hostile the dog was beforehand. Afterwards, we found out there was a previous bite, which was Umaru's nan. Spooky's family raised a huge fuss even though poor Spooky just wanted to leave it alone. Umaru Mom did nothing about it, the dog is still alive and in the house.
>>
>>9305786
Fuck, that sucks so damn much. I went through almost exactly the same experience a few years ago, minus the dog part, which is really fucked up.

Losing friends in a breakup is horrible. Mine really blew because my ex was a popular cosplayer and 2/3 of my friends list disappeared practically overnight, including people I actually thought were my friends and not just ladder climbers.

Things get better eventually but I can't claim it'll happen quickly, and even after almost 3 years my life is still kind of in a shambles due to the same kind of combo of lost job and moving back in with my parents. On the bright side I did eventually find a direction to point my life in and get over the sadsackery and loneliness and stuff.
>>
>>9306065
glad to hear the dog is okay. It's not the dog's fault that they weren't raised right.
>>
>>9306057
If the story you're telling yourself includes words like "limited" "worthless" "needy" on a constant basis what do you think you sound like to everyone else? If you don't like yourself and can't take care of yourself first, what makes you think anyone would believe you'd be a good friend to them?

I applaud that you've been trying, it's just going to be difficult to succeed at anything if you're constantly telling yourself that you're gonna fail no matter what you do. Negativity is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Please take care of yourself first.
>>
>last katsucon
>met some guy with a cool staff prop
>actual fire/flow staff
>talk to him, mess around with his prop (not that way)
> some messaging on facebook after
>his are flirty, mine are
>"where did you buy the staff bc I want one"
>finally ignore him bc tired of no answer to my question

Afterwards he was posting about how he hates being seen as a "fuckboy" and that no one ever tries to talk to him. Dude, I cared more about your prop than you. Please stop with the flirting.
>>
>has attended 2 uk fairy kei meets
>was too awkward to talk to anyone besides the small friend group
>at each meet the fakeb0is came in force so even more awkward
>lost one friend for her thirst for e-senpai
>lead to an even shitter situation with other friend who now refuses to attend meets with me
>watches fairy kei cliques have fun as I'm stuck with no one to meet with.
>wants to quit fairy kei and go into goth
>owns rare barely worn vintage clothes so would be a huge waste
>why
>made 2 new friends who connect well to the friend group at least
>>
>>9306191
e-senpai gg autocorrect meant e-fame
>>
>>9306025
I bet the mods have just been busy with the holidays and didn't check their other folder. You could try applying again in a little while, which would give you time to finish your coord too. That's probably better anyway otherwise you'll see meets you want to go to, but not be able to until your coord is finished.
>>
>>9306057
You need therapy. If you are travelling too much to meet with a therapist regularly I suggest finding one that does online or phone counselling as a stop gap.

As others have said, you need to focus on you first before you can fix anything else.
>>
>>9306191
Just sell your vintage stuff in the comm sales. If you have rare stuff it'll go easily.
>>
>>9306206
But anon my glitter jumpers must be kept safe with me.
>>
>>9306213
Then just keep wearing them and don't go to the meets, you don't need to be in a comm to wear a cute fashion.
What do you mean by cliques anyway, I'm in the same comm and aside from a few people everyone is really nice and friendly.
>>
What's most aggravating to me is my inability to control my drinking, even though I said i would stop altogether last year. NYE I drank an entire bottle of champagne and wine and spent all day yesterday puking my guts out. Never gotten that sick from drinking in my entire life, and at 24 I feel like I'm a seasoned vet since the first time I got wasted was at 13. This year I'm really cutting the bullshit and stopping for good.
>>
>>9306004
They sound like dicks, but you should have explained yourself clearly instead of apologising.
>>
>>9306191
As someone who has been a goth in the UK for over 10 years I can tell you for free that quitting fairy kei and going goth to make friends/have fun is not going to work. The goth scene is small, mostly made up of people over 35 and very heavily music based. If you don't know goth music, and only like the fashion then, feel free to wear the clothes but don't try to join the scene.
Not knowing every record by every band = poser for most goths.
Stick with J fashion anon, much more friendly.
>>
>>9306007
Quarry Knight Cosplay

Pls no bully
>>
>>9306007
>>9305941
The New England Com is one of the most toxic communities ever. Nearly all of them act like it's high school and back-stab each other on the daily. Truth be told, most the 'notable' ones are just there to stir the pot and cause more drama. Or have huge victim complexes and will do anything to get that pity party started.

I say just do your own thing it's like the other anon says. It's not worth it, I can attest to that having lived here for years. You will get dragged into drama whether you want to or not.
>>
>>9306509
>toxic

I just say "tumblr”, same thing really
>>
>>9306514
Truth, never really thought about it in that sense. But yea NE cosplay com is pretty much tumblr.

Biggest issue is that NECC group, it's nonstop bullshit with them. I have yet to hear of drama in NE that wasn't somehow tied to them in one form or another.
>>
>>9306348
I probably should have put in more detail, I pointed this stuff out but got a "that's not good enough" response and made up my mind that bailing out was an easier (and smarter) option since no one wants to argue with angry weebs
>>
>>9306191
do you want to quit fairy kei because you have no community to wear it with, or because you're no longer interested? If the former, please consider finding friends who wear alt fashion casually and just all hang out wearing cute clothes.

I'm in the UK and a lone lolita and often hang around with friends who wear (what they think is) alt fashion.
>>
>>9306065
Umaru likely knew the dog was suppose to be locked up before letting an unfamiliar person into the house. That's a shitty situation because a dog can be killed for such aggressive behavior. Spooky likely took it like a champ knowing the dog could get killed if she reported it. That's stressful for a dog owner because if Spooky got an infection, there'd be no denying by the doctors that it came from a dog. Given the situation, Umaru's mom shouldn't have blown up considering Spooky was obviously not going to report the damn dog. (As you mentioned, Spooky's family made a fuss. The mom's fears are not unfounded. Thank god Spooky wasn't underage.)

I mean, Umaru's mom should crate train her dog or something. My friend's aggressive wolf hybrid was crate trained They kept the crate near the door so they could easily lock up their dog when visitors arrived.
>>
>>9305394
Spooky sounds tops, you should hit that.
>>
>have this weeby Friend
>posted about her on here before, she is fat/ugly and very insecure about it
>tries to Hide insecurity by constantly insulting others as a 'joke' for example haha anon you're a dumb ugly bitch with no boobs
>literally 95% of her personality is these fucking 'jokes' all day
>also hit me in the face a few times mid conversation for no reason at all
> told an adopted Friend of mine 'your real parents didn't want you anyway' and 'look It's a garbage bin, where you were born!' as some of her 'jokes'
>her and another Friend invite themselves for Christmas at my house since I would be home alone
>okay
>since parents wouldnt be home I would have to pay for all the food myself, which is logical because me and my Friends are all 20
>ask Friends for 10€ to help pay for it because I wont make it on my own since I also have my own appartement and rent and shit
>they both pay without complaint
>Day arrives, Friend is about to Come over in 5 min
>sends me message screenshot of her mom ranting, apparently her mom is totally shocked and disgusted Friend has to pay 10€ for this dinner
>suddenly takes her moms side
>makes snarky comments at dinner like 'i paid for this so I might as well finish it anyway' and 'my mom Will pay me back when I get home out of protest'
>apparently paying 10€ for a diner at a house you invited yourself over to and Being with your Friends is too much?
>Being 20 and still expecting everyone to pay for all your shit
>Being this rude in general

One of my 2017 resolutions is to finally cut ties with her. This is only a tiny part of all the bullshit I have to deal with Being her Friend, and for me it was the last straw.
>>
Everyone of my friends and family knows I'm all about that kawaii life, but yet they still throw away money every year on shit I absolutely will never use or wear. Wtf. I got not one, but two waffle makers because I take pictures of cute foods and wear food prints. I have asked politely to have a visa gift card and was given amazon and Walmart cards (bitch, you know I shop at target). Best friend, girl I drag to cons and has known me forever, got me some lame ass baking shit. When have I ever baked for you?!!!!!

I'm done. I'd rather people waste their money on shit for themselves than buy me junk I can't use or resell. The best gift I got was from my reddit Santa. A complete stranger was a better gift buyer than my own family.
>>
>>9307250
Hey! Don't be ungrateful anon! It sounds like they honestly tried to give you present that fit your interests, but Just didn't really do it right. It's not that weird to think 'hey, anon always takes pics of cute food, so I'll give her something so she can make cute food herself!' it's kind of sweet actually... I think you're Being to harsh
>>
>>9307250
cry more about people getting you gifts

just pawn off the giftcards to somebody who can use them in exchange for cash if it matters that much to you, you ungrateful twat
>>
>>9306983
A mix of both, I hate western fairy kei style and how boring it is is now compared to what it is in Japan. If you wear it more subtle though, people don't see it as fairy kei here. I have friends who wear alt fashion but meets always look fun online. Maybe it's tainted by a friend constantly shutting me down on anything to do with meets.
I might just do what you suggested in the latter anon desu.
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-01-03 04.17.27.png (365KB, 739x431px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-01-03 04.17.27.png
365KB, 739x431px
>>9305368
I can't really shake the fact that YumiKing is with a pedophile

She seems talented and pretty smart but this creep takes that away from the poor girl and it's just generally just a gross dd/lg relationship and I honestly wish the best and hope she comes to her senses
>>
>>9307294
It takes two to tango, and she's in her late twenties. She's into it as sexually as he is, hate to break it to you.
>>
>>9307904
This.
As many creepy dudes there are into age play, there's plenty of creepy girls out there to match.
>>
File: e7d.jpg (18KB, 400x430px) Image search: [Google]
e7d.jpg
18KB, 400x430px
>>9307061
>>
>>9307013
Spooky did end up getting an infection, but it was taken care of very quickly. Given the circumstances, I have no idea why the dog wasn't put in a better environment / placed somewhere it will get better training. The dog roughs up Umaru Mom, too. No idea why she clings onto it so much.
>>
Larme is boring.
>>
>>9307294
>>9307904
>>9308081
I've read some DD/LG threads on /soc/ and it seems like it's not quite as weird as I'd thought it was, at least for a lot of couples. They way they describe it it's more about having an affectionate and gentle dom/sub relationship and the "pedo" stuff is just window dressing.

Hell, it doesn't sound too bad to me, every girl I've ever dated was using me as a surrogate for her dad anyway, might as well just be open about it and have fun with it instead of letting it ruin the relationship I guess.
>>
>>9308222
Bruh, my first girlfriend was obsessed with bestiality.
We were 14, the shit she had in her search history was incredible.
She was hot too.
>>
>>9308334
Woops
Was meant for:
>>9308256

But yeah, Spooky sounds tops.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nlc4176eLe1roo3do.gif (853KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nlc4176eLe1roo3do.gif
853KB, 420x280px
>pay for a friends badge and drive them to a con as a birthday present
>they proceed to walk all over me all con, insult me verbally and take advantage of me all weekend
>also never credits me in any photos I took for her in her cosplay during the con when reposting them later

lesson learned. It was still a fun con over all for me because I peaced out and hung with other people when I realized I brought a dick instead of a friend with me to con. Never letting that shit happen again.
>>
>>9308412
Man, I wonder if anyone has done a crossplay Leelu and Misty.
>>
>girl at my uni is big into cosplay, doesn't do that good of stuff
>any time I've tried to talk to her about it, she acts superior and goes full bitch
>only cosplays for the competitions, picks characters from series she doesn't know anything about
>she heard I liked lolita, and asked me how she should go about sewing her own dress
>invited me to joann fabric to 'pick out fabric and lace' with her
>sat her down and told her she would be better off just buying for her first dress (she's not a good seamstress to begin with)
>get called an elitist and bitched at for not 'supporting her'

Why are people like this? She doesn't come around much anymore, but when she does there's always something that she gets pissy about. I wouldn't get so tilted but she's been doing this for way too long, and it really tires me out. Fingers crossed that she'll be better after break?
>>
>>9307294
>>9307904
>>9308081

i feel bad for her because she seems too good for him? and in the latest videos he acts really annoyed by her and not like a good guy at all. it seems like she cares for him a ton but he doesn't put in effort!
>>
>>9312461
treat a girl like dirt and she'll stick to you like mud.
>>
>>9312461
I felt bad in that video where she mentioned she needed to lose 8 pounds, and he replies, 'Only 8 pounds? Shouldn't it be closer to 10?' I'm trying to find the videos where he seems annoyed now.
>>
>>9312484
I mean... on one hand he buys her a plethora of clothes, takes her on vacations, and seems to cook all her meals. The cooking stands out the most, but I wonder if he does all the cleaning too. But yeah, he did make that dick comment so I dunno' man.
>>
>>9312493
and yet you're judging him on a few videos (which could just be acting to stir up drama and views for all you know) instead of the good things you know he does for her. It's e-celeb shit. I wouldn't judge what happens behind closed doors based on the videos they choose to release.
>>
>>9312461
>>9312493
Jesus, I used to date a pretty well-known cosplayer and it makes me feel really bad to think that people might have thought this way about me.

It was bad enough seeing people on /cgl/ give me shit and claim that she was dating me for my money or something but shit...

Of course who knows, maybe this dude really is an asshole, who knows.
>>
>>9310959
Some people are just cunts but at the same time it might have been the way you addressed it too. Some people are just such special snowflakes that it can be a real pain to a address anything with them.
>>
File: brb killing myself.png (88KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
brb killing myself.png
88KB, 310x464px
>Bad con/meet you wish you'd skipped?
(Talking about French cons here) Should have avoided Japan Touch and plan on going to Y/con instead. I'm still pissed this con moved to Paris, as if everything wasn't already in Paris.

>Something shitty that happened that you just can't shake?
I couldn't get a job this summer because I don't have enough experience and I know nobody who could help me get a job either. I can't have a job during the school year because I won't get a scholarship in that case. It doesn't help that I live in a city where there are a lot of students who are looking for jobs too. tfw no money to spend on weeb shit or pretty much anything.

>Something you're excited about upcoming in 2017?
I want to go to Japan Expo (in Paris, not the one in the USA) this year, even though it's expensive because I'm not from Paris. I'm already saving money for that, and hopefully I'll be able to get a job before the con as well as after the con.
>>
>>9313053
>couldnt get a job due to lack of experience

Same thing happened to me, appiled everywhere and no one would hire me. Im starting volunteering in a thrift store in few weeks so I can get experience and move unto a job that pays. But I also have the same issue that im worried how much of time to college its going to take up
>>
>>9313079
There's too much competition even when it comes to volunteering or unpaid internship where I live, it's insane. A lot of people get their jobs thanks to their relatives or friends who are already in the company so I'm super fucked. Good luck, I hope it'll work out for you.
>>
File: 1320370094898.jpg (53KB, 390x380px) Image search: [Google]
1320370094898.jpg
53KB, 390x380px
>>9305368
Alright, alright. I'm going to post two different stories. Both which have been bothering me, especially since both of them played a huge part in me losing my friend group. While they were pretty horrible experiences, I'm kind of happy I got to see the bad side of my friends before I wasted more time with them. (These are kind of long, I'm sorry)

>Colossalcon 2016
>plan on going with 3 friends
>me, B, K, and G
>K bails due to work
>G is supposed to be booking the room
>can't figure it out/doesn't want to
>this turns into an ordeal with multiple excuse & I end up having to book the room for her
>B decides they don't want to room with us
>decides to stay at their aunt's house instead since it's close to the con
>I'm sadfrog.jpg since I had a massive crush on them and wanted to spend time with them
>just me and G now, can't afford something for just the two of us
>cancel our hotel plans, room with some randos
>G irritates the hell out of me, but I figure I can put up with it for the next 4 days
>I was wrong, so very wrong

A bit of backstory on G before I begin
>she's clingy, needy, and very manipulative in a passive sort of way
>for example we would go to movies, then she would say it was more expensive that she thought it would be, and would always offer to stay outside while the rest of us enjoyed the film
>this happened almost anytime we went out
>this always prompted everybody to chip in to help her pay for stuff
>we were all living paycheck to paycheck, she lived at home and worked a part time job, but we never thought anything of it
>one day she left a bank stub behind after hanging out
>over 5K in savings
>all of us stopped paying for her shit after that, but it never stopped her from always trying to appeal to people's pity
>>
>>9313217
>always has to be the center of attention
>if you're friends with somebody, she has to be an even better and closer friend with them
>this even spills over into relationships
>she found out I liked B and while initially supportive, the next time we hung out she was sitting on their lap and cuddling with them right in front of me
>even found out we were going on a date to a fancy restaurant
>invited herself along saying that we could all have a "foodie friend day!"
>this is even more frustrating since B and I are gay, and G is adamantly straight and even borderline homophobic

>she would constantly text me at night telling me she missed me and wanted to hang out
>texted almost everyday wanting to hang out
>forced herself into my circle of friends
>once she finds a friend of mine she doesn't know, she adds them on facebook, then tries to set up a day where we can all do crafts together - no matter who the person is or even regardless of if they are interested in crafts or not
>her clinginess was so bad that I would wake up in the middle of the night having panic attacks thinking she was inside my house

Our friendship was already rocky at best, this con just pushed it over the edge for me.
>>
>>9313218
So, anyways, back to the con story.
>Thursday
>we both drive separate, I arrive a few hours before G
>get my pass/etc, but can't check in yet
>G arrives
>tell G not to bring in everything, just what she needs right now
>we can get our bags later tonight when the room is open
>meet her in the vendors line to the craft fair
>along with all of her supplies, she has also brought all of her bags
>roomies send me a text telling me they've checked in
>I tell her I'm going to get my bags while she waits in line, then offer to take hers up
>she tells me to take her bags up first
>um no
>she then asks me for the shoes to her maid cosplay
>tell her they're in my bags, I'll bring them to her as soon as I get them inside
>she wants me to go to my car, bring her the shoes, take up her stuff, THEN get my bags
>I adamantly refuse
>she gives up and asks me to watch her spot in line while she changes into cosplay
>I agree
>an hour and a half passes
>she finally comes back
>I'm finally free to get my stuff and enjoy the con
>she doesn't really talk to me much the rest of the day, save for asking me to drive to a local chinese buffet
>I tell her the parking lot is packed, the traffic is bad, and I don't want to lose my spot so I don't plan on going anywhere until Sunday
>but I'll gladly drive there then
>she gets pouty and doesn't say much else
>>
>>9313219
>Friday
>go stand in line for a room for 2017
>G is headed home for her brother's graduation from homeschool but will be back later in the day
>stands with me in line for a bit, then asks for the roomkey to get some stuff, tells me she'll return it before she leaves
>give her our key, then never see her again
>once I book the room, call her and asks where she went
>she's back home, 2 hours away
>she was running late and didn't want to waste time so she just took the key with her
>wtf.jpg
>have a decent rest of the day, meet some friends
>I don't want to knock on the hotel door at midnight and explain that I don't have a key since G took it 2 hours away
>end up sleeping on a couch in the lobby
>finally get a text from her at 2-3am telling me she's back at the hotel
>I'm so pissed I don't even want to see her and don't go back to the room

>Saturday
>eat breakfast with new friends, have a good time
>go back to the room to change
>hanging with new friends
>G finds us and wants to tag along
>she keeps trying to make herself the center of attention and forces herself into conversation
>hardly anybody can get a word in edgewise
>we all go to eat lunch and meet up with another friend, T
>during lunch, T and I switch seats since she's deaf on one side
>G notices, asks T what's wrong
>"Oh I'm deaf in one ear"
>"WHY"
>"It's a long story"
>T clearly doesn't want to talk about it, but G keeps grilling her
>"OH I DON'T MIND"
>T mumbles something about her birth parents being neglectful
>G loudly asks if it was abuse, then keeps pushing, asking if it was physical, mental, or even sexual abuse
>T is very obviously offended and weirded out and we all just awkwardly change the topic
>>
>>9313224
>later that day
>T is a photographer and is taking pictures of various cosplayers
>G follows her around snapping pictures of her own`and asks/tells the cosplayers what to do
>keeps pestering cosplayers who are sitting down/resting and have bits of their cosplays taken off because she wants pictures
>while we're waiting for the One Piece photoshoot, G asks T to take a picture of her
>T reluctantly agrees, doesn't want to miss the photoshoot
>G assures her it's just one picture, it'll be fine
>she ends up asking for 4-5 poses, directs T on the shots, locations, and how to take the picture in general
>ends up taking 15-20 minutes
>finally T cuts her off and goes to the photoshoot
>G and I are alone

>waiting for the photoshoot to be over
>G is on her phone
>suddenly asks me the room cost for next year
>tell her I'm not sure since I have to see who all is going
>tells me she needs to know so she can invite her friends
>tell her not to invite anybody without asking me first since I already have 8+ people planned already
>tells me she's already invited people
>"well don't invite anymore without asking me first"
>"oh don't worry, I won't, I already have my plus one!"
>tfw I specifically didn't want to invite her "plus one" since she never pays for anything and always flakes
>finally split away from her and meet up with B, go to a few panels and have fun
>G finds us, asks if we want to go to the Chinese buffet
>tell her the traffic is bad, we can go tomorrow
>"Is your parking spot really THAT important to you, anon?"
>tell her she can drive if she really wants to go
>she refuses, then sulks and drops the subject
>knows I like B, and attaches herself to them to the point where I can't even talk to them anymore
>leave them alone and go hang with con friends for the rest of the day
>meet up with B later, get drinks, but they leave after 10ish minutes to go to a panel
>>
>>9313227
>Sunday
>not much is going on, pack up and say our goodbyes
>decide to go to the Chinese Buffet around 1-2PM
>B is driving, G is talking to them the entire time
>"Wow anon, the parking lot is almost empty, I don't know why you complained all weekend"
>we get to the restaurant
>I don't get to talk at all
>B tries a few times to include me in the chat, or show memes on their phone to the table
>G grabs their phone and looks at the meme, laughs, and hands it back to B, making it clear that I'm not part of the conversation
>end up in a pissy mood, don't talk the rest of the con
>go home
>find out later she trawled through my FB friends and added all my new con friends
>several of them send me messages asking who she is/why she added them
>I even got a text from T asking why she had received one, as she thought it was very clear that she didn't want anything to do with G

I met up with G a week later to hang out. She arrived at my apartment with her friend dressed as Jyushimatsu and Ichimatsu from Osomatsu-san, and screeched NII-SAN as soon as I opened my door (I cosplay Oso, but very casually). She then was upset because I refused to get into cosplay, as she wanted to go to Starbucks and roleplay the infamous Sutabaa scene from the anime. We chilled at my house and made bubble tea, and she reached her bare hand into my sugar and brought out a fistfull out to add to her glass. Other than that, I guess it was a decent time, but I was just done with her shit, and cut her out of my friendgroup shortly after that.
>>
File: 011.png (295KB, 838x720px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
295KB, 838x720px
Story #2, this one was considerably worse than the first, desu.
>Matsuricon 2016
>going with 3 friends
>me, B, T, and a new friend from Colossal, J
>let everybody know there will be drinking on Saturday
>everybody is fine with it
>a few months before the con get a text from K
>it simply says "I want in on the Matsuricon room"
>K is B's best friend and a semi-friend of mine
>I oblige, inform them about the drinking and rules of the room
>they say they're fine with it and while I get the vibe they aren't, I ignore it
>this was a mistake

>Friday
>B&K arrive at the con an hour before T, J, and I
>don't have room for a badge this year, so I just float around
>finally meet up with them and chat for a bit
>go off and do our own thing
>text K and ask if they want to get dinner with us
>"No, we already ate"
>No biggie, we all go out to dinner without them, have a few drinks andd have a good time
>get back to the hotel around 10, and we all go to sleep
>B&K get back around 2 or 3 AM

>Saturday
>B&K wake up around 7-8 and head to the con
>the rest of us wake up around 10 and get ready
>B brought crackers for the room and I have a few
>do a bit of daydrinking and arrive at the con
>meet up with B&K, borrow their passes for 20 mins to play DDR
>return their passes and ask them if they want to meet up later/get lunch
>"No, we have plans"
>Again, no biggie, I assumed they were just busy with panels, and they didn't seem mad
>J and I end up getting shitfaced, and head back to the hotel room around 5 or 6 to sleep it off
>T stays behind to take some photos
>T texts me around 11 asking if I'm coming back to the con
>tell her not tonight but if she's afraid of walking back alone (it's a 15 minute walk) that I can give her B&K's phone numbers, since they weren't back yet
>she apparently already met up with them and declined
>they get back super late again

At this point, I had no idea anything was wrong. But come morning, all hell broke loose.
>>
>>9313276
>Sunday
>8 AM
>wake up, B&K are being super loud while they get ready
>ask B if I can have some of their crackers
>they ignore me
>B is having issues getting their dress zipped, everybody tries but can't get it
>I offer to help
>as I walk over to help them, they say "no that's okay" and slam the door in my face
>ask K if anything is up, they say no
>tell her we haven't hung out all weekend, and I'd like to hang out before the weekend is out
>she tells me they have a lot of plans for today and probably can't
>I go back to cuddling with J but I can't go back to sleep, so we go get coffee in the lobby
>when we come back, B&K have packed up and are gone
>T has conflu
>we stay in the hotel as long as possible so T can rest
>T is still feeling rocky around noon, but insist on going to the con anyways
>we arrive and T sits in the hall to rest
>after about an hour, I run into G
>ask her if she's seen B&K
>"Oh yeah they said they were bored and had nothing to do, so they went home around 10"
>something isn't adding up
>text them both asking if something is up
>no replies
>the con winds down and we all go home
>I'm an anxious mess wondering what went wrong and nobody is replying to my texts
>I go home
>>
>>9313277
>I go home with J that night and spend the next day at her house to wind down

>Monday
>I'm still freaking out
>get a call midday
>it's an alcholic/drug addiction hotline
>get a text from K later that day
>it's an 11 page novel explaining how our friendship is now "rocky"
>she explains that she was super hurt that I spent the "whole con drinking and ditching her"
>she claimed that I abandoned T at the con (which I asked T about, and she said no, she went by herself by her own choice and had no idea where K got that idea)
>says she didn't feel cool enough to hang out with me because she didn't drink or wasn't into the stuff I was
>when I confronted her about this and brought up the fact that I asked her everyday to hang out, and asked her why she didn't bring it up at the con, her answer was just a halfhearted "well I guess we just need to work on how we communicate"
>B didn't text me back until 2 weeks later
>I've sent them like 3+ text profusely apologizing, figuring they were mad about the same things K was
>turns out they were
>met up with them to talk about this
>they said they were still salty
>they were upset that I texted K and not them to hang out during the con
>I explained that I figured they were together, and that B barely replied to me normally, so I figured it'd be faster just to text one of them
>B admits they were together the whole time but they were still upset I didn't ask them personally
>I ask them why they didn't just ask me to hang out if they wanted to
>"Well, you looked like you were having fun with your OTHER friends"
>mfw to this day neither of them have tried to talk to me or hang with me and I've all but been excluded from our friend group completely, without being invited to parties or anything else
>>
>>9313280
The entire time I've been friends with both of these people, I'm the only one who texts first or will initate hangouts. Hell, B won't even drive to my house to hang, instead wanting me to drive an hour to their house every time, but I've never gotten into any spats with them and we were always really close, especially B and I. This was the first time they ever got mad at me that I know of, and I even asked them if there was anything in the past that brought about such an extreme reaction. They both said no. But I guess me putting myself first and not spending the entire con trying to chase them down makes me an absolutely terrible person.

The thing is these people all expect me to keep booking rooms for them. Fuck that noise. I'm never rooming with them again, this whole year of cons has been an absolute nightmare because of them.
>>
>>9313280
Hey bud, heading to Colossalcon later this week. It seems like the con is so small that even if you do branch off from other people you'll still end up running into em, but man your friends really need to work on their crappy communication, it seems like a lot of people who go to cons will make a mountain out of a molehill as far as anything happening and it major ruins the con

>ohayocon 16'
>have a tight group of buddies i've been cosplaying with for about a year now
>be in line for dealers room and notice a rei and asuka cosplay
>say something and then immediately notice my ex is asuka
>her amazingly terrible friend is rei
>end up catching up a little bit and it's nice
>halfway through con have rei come up to me and tell me to leave ex alone
>ok
>later on ex comes up to me when im alone in the games room and starts talking with me
>was ditched by rei
>proceed to ddr with cute ex

Really been feeling bad for her recently, really hope shit improves but i figure if your friends arent too great off the bat they're not gonna be too hot at a con
>>
>>9307247
That's some bullshit you had to push through.
Good luck, those type of people are usually hard to get rid of.
They like sticking to people they can vent their stress and insecurity.
May probably start a gossip that you were stuck up and shit
>>
>>9306004
>do not fail to attend weeb shit any more than other people (except for Winnie and Nate since they're both borderline uni drop-outs at this point)
>sorry I want a job
>cannot be bothered with this shit, end up being the one apologising
>"good, maybe we'll think about inviting you to stuff again"
>k
Dude they weren't friends to begin with.
>>
>>9306330
>and at 24 I feel like I'm a seasoned vet
No one is a veteran at drinking. They are just alcoholics in denial.
>>
File: massive.jpg (56KB, 444x311px) Image search: [Google]
massive.jpg
56KB, 444x311px
>>9306065
>Afterwards, we found out there was a previous bite,
>>9306075
>glad to hear the dog is okay. It's not the dog's fault that they weren't raised right.
>>9307013
>Spooky likely took it like a champ knowing the dog could get killed if she reported it.

Right, not reporting it is fine and dandy. Lets just wait for huge dog to get loose and kill a child or maul an adult.
Sorry guys but you report that shit. It isn't the dog's fault at all but you put the public at huge risk when you don't tell the authorities.

Public humans > badly raised dog.

Sorry guys. You fucked up by not saying anything. Next bite or death is now on your hands as well as the owner.
>>
>>9313231
>>9313227
>>9313224
>>9313219
>>9313217
Tolerance of steel my friend.
>>
>>9306007
>>9306509
Seconding this (third-ing?), I've been a lifer up here and between the clique that evolved from being the epicenter of homestuck and the "professionals" (who are usually on the comics side anyways) if you take the community at a glance it isn't really something you want to necessarily break into.
BUT since it's kinda my home I'll also say it's still worth making the best of it and not everyone in the cosplay community here is completely irredimable. I personally keep a cosplay page just to document what I'm up to and motivate myself.
>>9306504
Followed

2016 was a mixed bag for me
On one hand, I was kinda exiled from my initial cosplay friendgroup because my friends chose the (former) friend that manipulated me then screwed me over royally. Also:
>finally get desperately needed nasal surgery
>Dr is also going to fix up deformity caused by issues
>plan bbys first photo shoot with my fave cosplay I've made to celebrate
>Surgery is botched, nose also somehow looks worse
>hate face in photos
I'm meeting with a different surgeon to hopefully finally fix this, but I'm not sure if it would be acceptable to do another photo shoot with the same cosplay?

On the flip side, I got a lot closer to my now boyfriend/best thing to ever happen to me as a side effect of losing a ton of friends and we have cosplay planned for this upcoming year. So there's hope for this year.
>>
>>9317241
>but I'm not sure if it would be acceptable to do another photo shoot with the same cosplay?

Totally accatable to do it again after your issue is fix. You are supposed to be happy and proud of a costume when you take pics. If the nasal problem caused you to not be proud of your work then take them again.
If you can do little improvements to the costume if you want. That way you can consider the improvements also worthy of getting new pictures.
>>
>>9317241
Oh fuck. I'm so sorry anon. Do you think you could, worse come to worse, get it covered under insurance with a legit plastic surgeon? Sometimes plastic surgeons will be able to get their procedures approved if it can be verified that the surgery is to fix the result of an injury/medical condition or botched surgery.

Like are you seeing a plastic surgeon? I'd assume since it was for a condition, it was through a surgeon that did not specialize in cosmetic surgery on the regular.
>>
>>9317241
I hope it all works out for you anon! Having teeth messed up because I aged out before they were properly finished working on them. I feel you.

I'm in the same boat of outed by my cosplay group. The moment my 'down to earth' friend was in the semi in crowd she dropped our friendship. Via being moody, less interested, and going out of her way to hang with them while blowing me off, etc etc. Until she went around blocking me from everything. Also in NE area.
>>
>>9305786
Aw im sorry, what kind of dog? Have you tried adopting a new dog friend to focus on?
>>
>>9305394
Umaru is such a dick. I've had "long time friends" block me over what's kind of a nonsensical event like what you went through. The type where you'd never think "hey, this weird event will end the friendship", but it does.

The way she just walked away from you boils my blood. There's no excuse like how >>9306024 said. She was alone at the con and had every opportunity to speak to you and reconnect. She could've explained then that maybe she blocked you because of her mother there but wouldn't even give you that.

At least you have Spooky. Don't let it get to you and don't let it mess up your trust in unrelated friends. I'd just forget her and move on. You don't need people that'll replace a long-standing friendship like that with randoms.
>>
>>9308081
>>9307904

I definitely agree with the fact that there are tons of creepy girls into this kind of thing too but I'm a lot less critical of 'littles' into this thing because what they generally get out of the relationship is much more different than the person rping a grown adult controlling a child.

I know a ton of ex-ageplayers who've talked to me about how their 'dom' took advantage of their childhood abuse/need to be cared for to coax them into this kind of thing. Same dynamic goes for female doms with male subs, just to clarify.
>>
>my country's con scene is tiny
>gross shitlord is inexplixably popular
>long greasy bleached hair with 6" long roots, acne skin, doughy body, leather trenchcoat, vapes
>his gf is walking funny
>i ask if shes ok
>he tells me he gave her haemorrhoids by fisting her with his disgusting skanky nails
>calls her a bitch all the time, makes her close her FB, won't let her talk to people he hasn't "approved" of
>always posting bullshit about freeloaders claiming benefits
>refuses to get a job because benefits are better than working
>keeps getting pets, won't train them properly and then says they're purposefully misbehaving, threatens to get rid of them every 5 mins then gets more pets
>posts MRA, red pill, homophobic or racist nonsense
>his gf has gone from fun and friendly to quiet and withdrawn
>literally only "friends" with him so i can keep an eye out for her
>seems impossible to call him out on his behaviour, nobody else will do it either
>stuck with fuckboy on conscene forever
>>
A past friend dropped me by telling me that I was never there for her, was the cause of all of her problems, that I was a disappointment, and that if she hadn't met her boyfriend she would've resorted to cocaine to deal with her shit because it would've been more supportive than me (she never told me when things were going wrong.) She said I was a pretentious, indecent, inconsiderate downer who criticizes everything. I haven't really liked being around her or talking to her for the past year, she judged me constantly for wearing lolita and other stuff but it's still hard to hear those things. Especially when I had to play my part and meekly apologize for things that I didn't know why were my fault. I don't really have many friends either, so now I feel very lonely.

I don't really know what to do with myself. I like lolita and cosplay but I somehow can never figure out what to do within them. Usually I just end up buying pieces that "popular" lolitas wear because I figure they know best. I want to do things because I like them, I don't wanna just get Chess Chocolate because that's what was popular at the time. But it's so odd because I feel like what I like isn't good enough or it just doesn't feel "right." I don't know why I'm always so concerned about the opinions of others.
>>
>>9317259
Good to know! I'm actually working on some cool projects to round out a group that includes said cosplay, so I suppose that's an improvement?
>>9317303
Thank you! My initial surgeon was an ENT/Facial Plastic Surgeon but in hindsight he wasn't as rigorous as I would have hoped in the pre-op; maybe he got lazy. I had to fight pretty hard to have someone believe that I even had an issue, and even then he clearly didn't believe me until he opened me up. This new surgeon seems to specialize in noses and is big on the cosmetic aspect, so here's hoping!
>>9317335
Yikes buddy I've kinda had that happen in the past and it's also not fun. If you attend cons in the lower NE area and see a group of bioshock cosplayers we're pretty friendly. My beef wasn't even cosplay related, I had been helping said friend get out of a rough spot and then found out they lied about something important and when confronted ghosted me. So it turned out I was being used this whole time and friends who actively knew what was done still choose to hang out with them to the point where I now see them less because she throws a passive aggressive fit.

More OC
>all fabric has been purchased for new cosplay
>friend is modeling new cosplay while bf and I engineer it
>trying to make it as comfy as possible, want to line it with fleece
>ask boyfriend to pick out lining
>picks out duck dynasty print
>we're going to surprise him
>>
>>9317662
Yea I'm lower NE and awesome love Bioshock. I'm honestly just doing my own thing. I do feel you on the bullshit. That was low of them. I feel like it's standard in lower NE for the crap pulled? I feel like I can't go a day without hearing about someone doing something to another
>>
File: IMG_20170112_114755.jpg (74KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_114755.jpg
74KB, 1366x768px
this year certainly had its ups and downs for me. i got a job out of retail finally so i was able to go to AX... but i lost it in October because they just had to find any excuse to get rid of me. i do have a couple of stories though:

> be me, in 2016
> have a shitty friend for a few years now (let's call her H)
> curious about Lolita but H was into it so maybe i can learn from her
> she ends up doing nothing but pour her problems onto me
> "you're my tenshi, anon"
> ok himesama
> she's a lesbian, im straight
> has a boyfriend 1 year longer than ive known her
> anytime i whine about an argument we have: "anon, he's just some guy!"
> eventually starts implying i should "turn gay" and get with her
> realize quickly she's a political lesbian
> she hits on my friend because she's cute and Asian and also straight
> Asian friend nopes out
> im in too deep - she would threaten suicide if i don't talk to her
> has a therapist but i'm her "tenshi"
> pressure builds up, can't take her shit anymore
> she knows my mom disowned me but she whines about her mom, almost like she's rubbing it in?
> too manipulated to do anything about it
> me, gets into new Fandom
> "augh anon why???"
> my favorite is nico from love live
> Asian friend's favorite is Maki
> suddenly she ships nico/maki
> can't be a coincidence???
> last fucking straw, completely blocked her on social media
> feels good, man
> Lolita interest is building up again but is a LOT more cautious who to talk to.

AX post later but it feels good to get that off. she... really hurt me and now i feel the after effects. i feel like i have to be online every day but slowly im recovering from that. im starting to look for new jobs since it's the new year but patreon helped a bit. it's too bad i can't stay with it and watch it grow but boyfriend and i want to go to the next level in life and i need $$$.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.