[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gyaru General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 43

File: knitgrey.png (292KB, 301x573px) Image search: [Google]
knitgrey.png
292KB, 301x573px
I just bought this.

Coord ideas?
>>
the christmas hat lines up perfectly, win
>>
>>9299232
You need to be a lot more specific about what you bought. Also, this is already a coordinate idea? So...
>>
>>9299235
the sweater
>>
>>9299232
Gyaru looks even trashier on non japanese. I saw it looking good on rare occasions (on Zhizhi) but god...
>>
>>9299232
Have you bought it from the overseas shop? What kind of tracking number did you get?
>>
>>9299232
Honestly the stock photo is inspo, but lower waisted bottoms will work well with this, even jeans.
>>
>>9299232
She kinda looks like Nicki.
>>
>>9299232
You bought a half black prostitute?
>>
File: Amino.jpg (46KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
Amino.jpg
46KB, 384x512px
I feel like the gal amino was going good but then it is now mainly inactive again, which sucks
>>
god the new in this thread is so strong

>mfw half of the are probably here for larme
>mfw they don't know this is the type of shit their brands got famous from
>>
File: IMG_20161214_222709.jpg (366KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161214_222709.jpg
366KB, 2048x1536px
>>9301990
I don't really like the app, because it takes me too long to get into it.

I wish for a FB group revival or maybe twitter? Instagram?
>>
File: Amino.jpg (32KB, 384x512px) Image search: [Google]
Amino.jpg
32KB, 384x512px
>>9302032
I like it because it's a central place that's dedicated only to gyaru but yeah I get what you mean, it is convoluted to get into the community.

I feel like Facebook is a wierd platform, because everything is mixed together and it's also somewhat difficult to keep up with new posts. No one interests with each other on twitter and ig so that's sad
>>
Did one of you pre order lucky bags or is over there to get some? What brands will you try to get?

Also to the ones who bought gyaru luckybags before, is it worth it? I always wanted to try the Liz Lisa one or dia
>>
>>9302980
It's almost always worth it if you don't have to pay shipping and you like most items from the brand.
It can tend not to be worth it if shipping + customs fees cost as much as the bag itself and if you can't resell what you don't like for a reasonable price.
>>
>>9303024
Where do I don't have to pay shipping? Tell me your secret!

I'm scared that eg if I get a dia one, they'll include a bunch of pants or so. I'd never fit those and then it'd be a real waste. Like sure I can resell, but I'd be sad that I'd have nothing to wear after all
>>
>>9303711
If you purchase in store/in Japan.
>>
What are people's thoughts on the new ma*rs releases? I think they're so pretty, but I wish I could coord them with my liz lisa things better
>>
>>9302980
Liz Lisa is okay, but their LPs are not as good anymore. I mean, the LP bag used to be a usable bag but now they are just shiny totes.

I actually got the Galeo lucky pack and it was a great value. The camo down jacket was worth it alone and I got the white version of the sweater in OP that I layer over dresses all the time.
>>
>>9303848
Ma*rs has a lot of plain, one colored pieces which could be well coorded with LL stuff tho? I just worry the sizes. They had some really cute dresses recently but the chest max was always just 80cm like that's a fucking joke for me.

>>9303853
I thought the LL luckybag was always this cute little suitcase?
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 498x264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 498x264px
>>9303863
>80cm
>shirt for ants
>>
>>9303863
I mean besides their suitcases. They used to put out 3 way bags and I would use them for the whole year.
>>
>>9301990
>>9302092
God it looks slutty and trashy no matter how i look at it. Why would you purposely try to look like a stereotypical bimbo from 2001?
They look like these vapid girls in high school who would lust after guys and apply makeup in class.
>>
>>9303880
>all this butthurt
honey, half this thread dresses like their animu waifus and the other like they stepped out of either a period drama or a child's closet. who cares if we like showing titty
>>
>>9303863
I just always love their black color ways more than anything, but then realize that there's very little I feel like works with the super-cutesy LL skirts I have
I also just need to experiment more, since right now I'm still not too confident when it comes to coords
>>
>>9303887
Ma*rs and Liz Lisa aren't exactly the same genre so it shouldn't be a surprise that all clothes don't coordinate well with each other. It's usually easiest to create cohesive outfits with items in the same genre, if not in the same brand - at least for color scheme purposes.
I'm not saying you can't pair Mars with Liz Lisa ever, but if you're not confident about it, it's not going to be an easy road.
>>
>>9303885
This to be honest. We're all extreme but on different edges of the spectrum. Some like to look like floozies others like they've lived under a rock for 200 years or so. It's just clothes at the end of the day, we're not hurting anyone.
>>
I think gyaru girls are all super cute and they'd make cute housewives and moms
>>
>>9299232
Hahaha, gurl, I just bought this same exact top!!
I paired it sort of like the image, but with black pvc-like shorts, and a chunky belt, with some thigh-high boots.
Totally look like a prostitute but it's hot.
>>
to be honest, gyaru was the first jfash style I was interested in, but I could never find anything about it. What are the rules of gyaru? Do you guys have your own "itas" or something like that?
>>
>>9302092
sauce on this shirt please?
>>
>>9305136
Oh gurl, you've gone into sth big here and I'm not sure if your post is bait or a serious question...
>>
>>9305446
Have I? I was being serious and now with that answer I'm even more interested
>>
>>9305480
Just look up the gyaru secrets livejournal and you'll learn about our 'itas' and the 'rules'. At least the basics
>>
>>9305136
It's definitely nowhere near as regimented as lolita is, but one of our big 'ita problems' in gyaru is girls who think it's all about owning brand clothes and tag their shit as gyaru with basic bland makeup and unstyled hair. Hair and makeup is of huge importance is gyaru, so girls who don't bother with it really shouldn't be calling themselves gyaru, but they do. There's also girls on the other end of the spectrum who do massive 'anime eye' makeup with white eyeliner everywhere that looks shit terrible. In general though, I think gyaru is too diverse a style umbrella to have the same clear rules and violations that lolita has- it definitely varies by substyle. Like, tsuyome and manba don't look finished without a tan and are strongly associated with tanning, but hime gals aren't really expected to tan. There are a lot of things like that. Gyaru secrets isn't really all that informative because a lot of it is personal salt and jealousy over weeb bullshit rather than criticism of someone's actual look, but there's some good stuff there.

But really, in the gal comm these days, you're much more likely to get dragged for going to Japan and dating a host than you are for wearing shitty eyelashes.
>>
>>9306393
Just realised I never replied to OPs post. OP, give us some deets about your body type and what else you have in your wardrobe and then we can help.
>>
I tried gyaru make seriously for the first time since I have a few items from Ma*rs coming and want to get more comfortable with it. My curls and volume had fallen pretty flat by the time I took this picture, so I'm also looking for better hair products to hold style for longer. Looking for any conncrit and recommendations for lashes since I feel like the ones I'm using now (from Diamond Lash) aren't super flattering. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9307197
This is still looking really basic imo- you need more obvious lower lashes, a droopier eyeshape, bigger lenses, or ideally all three. More blush would also be good. You'll get there though because I can see you're improving, it just takes time to get your head around gyaru style makeup because it's so different to the norm. The first time you get it right, you'll feel like you look ridiculous- huge dolly eyes, clown blusher, etc. But that's how it's supposed to look and if your hair is on point too then it all comes together and looks great.

Have you tried following gal makeup tutorials? Emi and Lea's blog will probably have one that suits your style.
>>
>>9307205
Oh, and as for lash recommendations- diamond lash angel eye are my fucking life and I swear by them, I would also recommend cat eye, but probably not glamorous eye because the band is hideously uncomfortable and stiff even though they look great.

As for lower lashes, you don't need to invest in a well known brand, eBay has plenty of decent lower lashes. You can buy a variety pack with 10 different styles and see which ones you like.
>>
>>9307197
that terrible nose paint
>>
>>9307205
Thank you so much for all the advice!! It felt like I looked kind of ridiculous when I was putting it all on, but looking at it now, I can completely understand how it still looks basic and not drastic enough. I was following Harutam's tutorial for the most part, but didn't use false lower lashes, so I'll definitely look on ebay like you said. I'll also look at the other lashes you suggested and use more blush next time. Thank you again!
>>
>>9307211
okay I hate saying that without any useful concrit, especially since it's your first try. Take a look at some tutorials on nose contouring. It's totally possible to achieve the desired effect without giving yourself such an oval effect at the bottom. Contouring, even the extreme of gyaru takes into account the nose shape you're working with. Making a giant U with a dark powder is not the way to go.
>>
>>9307217
Ok, thank you for pointing that out! I was really nervous about doing gyaru contour because again, I'm really not sure what's supposed to look more harsh and obvious and what I'm supposed to be making look more natural. I'll search for some other tutorials that suit my nose shape more!
>>
>>9307197
This looks very on-trend
Japanese girls have flat noses/nose bridge which is why they have to draw on one with contour. Western girls only need a light one, if that
The only gyaru that are doing harsh eye make, top/bottom heavy lashes + lots overdrawn eyeliner, are the rock/gaudy dia type. And sweet gyaru is heavy on the high blush in bright pink.
Honestly you are on-trend for like 90+% of current gyaru
>>
>>9307213
Oooooooh no okay I can see where you went wrong. Harutamu does a really out-there style of makeup for kuro gal, so trying to tone that down for a himekaji look is going to come out looking odd. Try an onee gal tutorial instead, you can copy the look exactly and come out with something that looks cute and feminine and suits your outfit.

Also wrt the blush: unless you look like a clown IRL, you're not wearing enough blush for it to look good in photos. Especially in the girly styles, you want your cheeks to be SUPER pink. I literally put on extra blush for photos and then blend it in afterwards haha, because what shows in real life doesn't show in photos.

I didn't realise that you weren't wearing lowers at all, they're absolutely essential unless you have crazy long natural lower lashes. They just make the eyemakeup look finished. Here's a set with different styles:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pairs-Bottom-Under-Lower-Natural-Fake-False-Eyelashes-Different-Eye-Lashes-/391255646259?hash=item5b18a76033:g:Yc4AAOSwT6pV3DeI

Plus you get bonus cute packaging!

>>9307225
Ignore this idiot, we always get one or two obvious basics in here who can't tell the difference between actual gyaru and liz lisa models. Same kind of person I was talking about in >>9306393.
>>
>>9305136
I agree with the others.
-makeup and har are tge most important
-wear bigeye/sexy makeup, but don't wear cosplay makeup. it is still a fashionstyle, not a costume
-be wild and sexy. it doesn't have to be revealing, or the typical kodakumi look, its the general vibe (and silhouette)
-hair doesn't have to be big, but if you do a simpl look, aT least straighten it, make it look neat
-never skip lashes,unless your base makeup is on point (like the first ganguro/manba, gaijin inspo inlude miyu and ashley)
- just have fun, the vibe is still most important>>9305136
>>
>>9301990
i guess its natural, everyone posted whatever they had to say already, so no new content (yet), and everyone was busy with exams, parties, etc etc, so I hope it gains some more Activity again soon
>>
>>9307245
It's nice to have most of the well-known gals posting in the same place so you can see all their outfits, and I'm happy that I got to talk to some new people that I've been admiring from afar for years. Unfortunately the basics are also joining though, and they just... never get better? Like that Rochelle girl who always looks like a homeless grandma. How can you see pictures of people doing it right on your feed all the time, but never take it upon yourself to improve?
>>
>>9307253
no idea which rochelle you are talking about, but improvement isn'talways an easy process
as someone who has been in the comm for a few years, and always surrounded by great girls, I looked like shit for a good 2 years at first.
1. i didnt have the skills to execute a look right
2. I looked at great examples, but what they did didn't fit my face at all
3. i only started improving when i actually recieved advice to suit my own face, rather than examples
>>
>>9307239
Have you been to 109 recently? Obvs not if you still think 2007 make is relevant
>>
>>9306393
>>9307243
thank you for the advice! I'll try my best ^^
>>
am I the only one who things gyaru is based on two primal aspects? the vibe (sexy/cool/wild) and the eyeshape (the emphesized lowerlid)
>>
>>9307239
Thank you for the advice! I'll look at more onee-gyaru make tutorials; I didn't even realize Harutamu's was out-there since I just thought Black Diamond = fool-proof make. Thanks for the recommendation on the bottom lashes, too!
>>
>>9307353
>implying 109 is still the hub of gal

how fucking new are you
>>
>>9307634
This. Most of the Japanese new age old school gals (don't know how else to call the new generation who's into the bd kuro style or other 'old' styles like agejo and so on) also have to buy their stuff off brand or second hand from mercari and yahoo.

109 isn't actually the mekka of gal anymore. It ended around 2012/13. Yes, you can still buy Gyaru brands there and yes there are still some clothes you can use for the style, but most shops have changed to be casual or larme or sweet, just like popteen, which was once, when it was popular, a magazine related to gal, but is now about all sorts of casual stuff. If you've read a bit about the current situation about the 109 you'd know that they've to do everything to keep the building/mall alive. And gyaru just isn't a big thing in Tokyo anymore.
>>
>>9303880
That's literally the point, go home
>>
>>9307665
i heard osaka is the gal paradise now
>>
>>9301452
True :'(
>>9299450
Though I don't wanna sound too mean, I agree it looks Trashy
>>
>>9307634
Ancient.
Very sad that you don't understand how gyaru has evolved
>>
>58 posts
>5 images
Post more gals
>>
>>9307923
Sure, the big brands have 'evolved' into something that isn't remotely gyaru any more. That's how fashion works, new things come in and the old things become niche- that doesn't mean the new things are automatically part of the old fashion, even if they're sold by the same brands. Shit like pic related is not gyaru, was never gyaru, and will never be gyaru, no matter how much lazy basic bitches try to claim it is so they can receive their internet asspats without having to put any actual effort in. Let me guess, you're the kind of retard who thinks neo gal is the new gyaru too?

The sad news is that there is no new gyaru. Gyaru is dying out, the new style isn't gyaru, and even the shops that can still be called gyaru (dia, datura, rady etc) are getting more and more boring. Gyaru isn't a mainstream fashion anymore, it's a niche street style/subculture in the same way that goth and emo are in the west. Claire's Accessories used to sell emo stuff, that doesn't mean you can claim that literally anything Claire's sells now is 'how emo has evolved'.

Posters like you are why /cgl/ gyaru threads are never any good, people just want to water the style down to as basic and boring a common denominator as possible rather than talking about and promoting the actual interesting stuff.
>>
File: amekaji1.jpg (71KB, 500x773px) Image search: [Google]
amekaji1.jpg
71KB, 500x773px
>>9308517
And in the interest of taking my own advice about posting the interesting stuff... how come nobody outside of Japan cares about amekaji anymore? There's like 3 people who wear it, and it's a shame because it's so bright and interesting- I feel like it really captures the original spirit of gyaru. Totally impossible to find any cocolulu/bluemoon blue/marpleq stuff on the international sales though, I have to get all my stuff from Mercari.
>>
>>9307710
I went to Osaka in 2014, there were still a lot of gals around, to the extent that I got bored of counting them within the first 4 days because I was seeing them every day. Most were wearing the datura/rady kind of style, lots of white fluffy coats, loose curls and thigh boots. However, I also saw a few kurogals, and even an ora ora gal once which made me really happy because I love that style. No sign of agejo or hime though, those styles seem to be really dying out- even the shopgirl in Shinsaibashi MA*RS wasn't wearing what I would have expected.
>>
>>9308523
I'm so annoyed by people who assume that Tokyo = Japan. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Tokyo is the most unjapanese place in Japan, as some people do say, but there's definitely much more about the country than this big city. To get back on the theme, as said above Gyaru is indeed not dead, but still a huge thing, especially among the youth in more rural areas (let's exclude osaka here, as everyone should know that osaka always ads more sparkle and volume to everything). Just take the train to chiba or saitama, you'll see tons of young and old gyaru there.

Gyaru is not dead or has changed to be this or that, some substyles eg yamanba or romanba got rare, but the most of the others styles are still alive and going well
>>
>>9308517
>This
Liz Lisa hasn't been even remotely gyaru in years. I'd say they are arguably still himekaji, but himekaji broke off from its gal roots ages ago. Its like a life raft that floated off into the distance and did its own thing from there. Gal on the other hand sank, died, and most brands went out and bought a completely new ship to stay afloat.

>>9308520
This is cute as fuck, please bury me in this.
>>
File: amekaji2.jpg (336KB, 528x738px) Image search: [Google]
amekaji2.jpg
336KB, 528x738px
>>9308650
I know right? I love amekaji so much, can't understand why it isn't so popular, especially now that things seem to be going so far Harajuku-wards. I would have thought that a cute colourful style like that would be popular among weebs,
>>
>>9308669
maybe it's because the clothes swing masculine/athletic? it seems like most of cgl wants to be feminine and kawaii, where amekaji has more of an edge to me. personally I love pairing hyper-feminine hair and makeup with more masculine clothes so this is my shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 488x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 488x623px
>>9308674
dropped pic
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 400x533px
>>9308676
dumping more b/c why not
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 831x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 831x571px
>>9308681
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 420x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 420x560px
>>9308685
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 501x600px
>>9308688
>>
File: image.jpg (350KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350KB, 853x1280px
>>9308689
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 500x277px
>>9308692
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 275x183px
>>9308693
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 600x600px
>>9308695
>>
>>9308674
i guess, since the girly girls want cute dresses, and the more masculine hate colours most of the time
>>
i wonder what everyone thinks is the downfall of the gyaru community. why is it not as active as before, both online and in real life? I hardly see any motivation anymore
>>
>>9309756
I feel like the online comm became a LOT less active when all the magazines got dropped. There was a feeling like 'well, that's the end of that', and a lot of people moved on to larme, though those weren't really the people who were any good at gal to begin with.
>>
>>9309763
good point, and also when there wasn't a good social media place anymore. facebooks algorith fucked up, instagram isn't a very social place, twitter is not popular, and blogs/forums too much of a hassle
>>
>>9309774
Amino is really good, it's just slowed down a bit over the holidays. I feel like you get a lot more response to posting looks there.
>>
>>9309776
if only more people knew about it
>>
>>9309776
Amino works because it is chronological, so you won't miss anything if you just scroll. It's also nice because you can treat it like a blog or your can treat it like a simple status post, and the chats being within the app is nice.

Hopefully more people join and the people who are there are more active in the new year
>>
>>9309776
>>9309779
>>9310057
I'm sorry this is a dumb question, but how would I into amino? I've been looking for gyaru communities outside of 4chan but like >>9309774 said, a lot of platforms aren't that great
>>
>>9310079
Download the Amino App from the app store, then follow this link

aminoapps . com/c/gyaru-giyaru

The community is unlisted on the amino app ( I like it better that way, as we don't get wierd randoms) so you have to go through the link
>>
>>9310079
It's an app! Within the app there are user-created mini-communities, so just search for the gyaru one.
>>
File: 11241633_583697dabd4a5.jpg (570KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
11241633_583697dabd4a5.jpg
570KB, 675x900px
Is everyone taking advantage of the sales? I got pic related from Bubbles and I wanted to get a bunch of stuff from Katie but they don't seem to have a sale or I've missed it.
>>
>>9310090
if only more people shared it with their friends
>>
Has anyone tried gyaru-o?
>>
>>9310090
>>9310092
Thanks very much!!
>>
>>9310265
multiple times
>>
What's a good place to buy vintage gyaru clothing?
>>
>>9310833
mercari.jp, mbok, yahoo auctions, and sometimes closet child
>>
File: IMG_2064.jpg (112KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2064.jpg
112KB, 640x1024px
Any of you guys seen anything you like on amino lately? I really like tis girls look but I don't think I've seen her on fb or anything before, anyone know who she is?
>>
>>9308669
Weebs aren't skilled enough to do the make-up required.
>>
>>9313366
>implying gajin gyaru aren't just a bunch of weebs who gotgud
tbqh if you follow enough tutorials you'll get anything eventually.
>>
does anyone else get really nostolgic for the early 2000s when they see gyaru? not just 2000s Jfashion but western fashion too. like I can't look at >>9313323 and not see 'human bratz doll'

it gives me the warm fuzzies, you know?
>>
>>9313323
That's Lillie! She's a Canadian gal.
Her new gyarusa makes me jealous....
>>
>>9314059
That's Lillie? I thought lillie was the one wih the awkward ass outfit.
>>
>>9314059
this doesn't look like Lillie at all... doesn't she wear Manba?
>>
>>9308669
What's with the situation with gyaru in Japan right now? Is the so-called "Neo Gyaru" movement dying off finally?

What is also the most "gyaru" looking style that's strong in Japan right now?
>>
What are some brands similar to Glad News?
>>
>>9314337
Ghost of Harlem
>>
>>9314350
They appear to be out of business sadly.

誠に勝手ながらGHOST OF HARLEMは本日2016年3月11日をもって全店舗クローズさせていただきました。約7年間、沢山の方にお世話になり
ました。いつもいらして下さっていた方をはじめ、関わって下さった全ての方々に本当に感謝しております。GHOST OF HARLEM一同

Maybe the designers have started something new, does anyone know?
>>
>>9314283
it is lillie, out of manba. her piercings and big eyes/heartshape face are very recognisable
>>
>>9314299
oraora, onee
>>
File: Amino.jpg (38KB, 432x512px) Image search: [Google]
Amino.jpg
38KB, 432x512px
>>9313323
this was defo my favourite
>>
>>9308674
I feel like fakebois would be all over this t b h
>>
>>9314299
I haven't hear or read that word among Japanese in ages. Neo gal was an a few months then it dies thing.

For what is popular right now with the younger/new generation it's definitely the BD version of kuro gal, but also a mix of hime and agejo or how they call it doll look, hardly inspired by vanilla.
>>
>>9314046
I get the warm fuzzies simply because gyaru was my first love.
>>
>>9314364
i ain't gyaru.
i really like this, but why is it gyaru? looks like punk to me, so what makes it gyaru?
>>
>>9314785
Rokku gyaru use to be a really popular style. I assume it's still common, but I'm not sure. It looks 'punk' because rokku gyaru was about a really sexy rock and roll edgy style.
>>
>>9314786
aight, i can dig that. thanks.
>>
As far as what makes it gyaru, you got the super lush hair and makeup. It's more glam then disheveled. The emphasis is on 'sexy' and ultra feminine so you got the super short skirts and shorts paired with long socks or boots alongside overly made up face and hair. It's fashionable and less grunge.
>>
File: rokku3.jpg (196KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
rokku3.jpg
196KB, 720x1280px
>>
File: oldpicture.jpg (300KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
oldpicture.jpg
300KB, 1000x1500px
>>
File: anotheroldpicture.jpg (72KB, 370x600px) Image search: [Google]
anotheroldpicture.jpg
72KB, 370x600px
>>
File: modelegg.jpg (41KB, 394x700px) Image search: [Google]
modelegg.jpg
41KB, 394x700px
>>
File: cathat.jpg (182KB, 465x922px) Image search: [Google]
cathat.jpg
182KB, 465x922px
>>
File: pigtails.jpg (188KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
pigtails.jpg
188KB, 422x750px
>>
File: shopgirl.jpg (64KB, 558x745px) Image search: [Google]
shopgirl.jpg
64KB, 558x745px
>>
File: longassnails.jpg (50KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
longassnails.jpg
50KB, 500x667px
>>
File: tanskinverytan.jpg (52KB, 393x700px) Image search: [Google]
tanskinverytan.jpg
52KB, 393x700px
>>
File: almosttoopunky.jpg (41KB, 218x837px) Image search: [Google]
almosttoopunky.jpg
41KB, 218x837px
Honestly I feel it inspired a lot of more modern styles in America such as scene kids and pastel goth.
>>
File: supercutehair.jpg (80KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
supercutehair.jpg
80KB, 480x854px
It borrows from punk, goth, and visual kei though.
>>
File: anotherwellknownmodel.jpg (34KB, 500x723px) Image search: [Google]
anotherwellknownmodel.jpg
34KB, 500x723px
>>
File: rarebackshotofoutfit.jpg (19KB, 236x420px) Image search: [Google]
rarebackshotofoutfit.jpg
19KB, 236x420px
>>
File: nailscloseup.jpg (23KB, 236x419px) Image search: [Google]
nailscloseup.jpg
23KB, 236x419px
Who can forget the nails?
>>
File: groupshot.jpg (45KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
groupshot.jpg
45KB, 500x333px
>>
File: grouppicture.png (534KB, 445x451px) Image search: [Google]
grouppicture.png
534KB, 445x451px
>>
File: bedroomshot.jpg (48KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
bedroomshot.jpg
48KB, 422x750px
And I'm done spamming.
>>
File: purple.jpg (92KB, 468x624px) Image search: [Google]
purple.jpg
92KB, 468x624px
There's also goshikku gyaru, but I always felt at that point it just looks like visual kei so I'm not posting any.
>>
>>9314820
Wrong thread? Looks 100% like a korean girl group and not even remotely gal.

>>9314786
Rokku and goshikku is still strong among bangyas.

Also some of the photos which got posted in the spam aren't rokku but either kuro or oraora.
>>
>>9314897
Sorry about that. I'm an unfamiliar oldfag. Oraora wasn't even a style when I was into the fashion. We had mamba, ganguro, ageho, kogal, b-gal, hime, yamanba, amekaji, rokku... and that was about all. Oh, and the dudes, but they were really just about it. I've actually never heard the terms bangya, kuro, or oraora. I'm sure the fashion has changed a lot over the past 7 years.
>>
>>9314897
i agree, sime are just tsuyome with a darker colour scheme
>>
Oh man, that sentence failed. I'm not sure what I was trying to say about the guys other then they were just either host-style like the male version of ageho or yamanba back in the day.
>>
>>9314915
Tsuyome was not in existence either, so forgive me if I'm rusty. This was back when ricochet was one of the more popular message boards.
>>
>>9314914
Sounds more like you're a tryhard newfag as oraora is around since 2007/8 most likely even longer as it's strongly linked with the yankee culture.

Kuro as in Kurogyaru is also not that new as a term, it's around since 2011/12

Bangya is a term probably older than the gyaru scene itself but actually has nothing much to do with the fashion. It refers to vk groupies, who are called band gyaru/gal.

>>9314915
You're right there
>>
>>9314920
Sounds more like you're a bitch.
>>
>>9314924
Just to add to the story, tsuyome is a term used in gyaru which has also been around since 2004. Sorry, I'm not a bitch, I just keep my facts together and if I don't know about something I'll just go and ask google.
>>
>>9314926
No, you are a bitch because of your assumption. That's what makes you a bitch.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481034877602.jpg (62KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481034877602.jpg
62KB, 640x960px
>>9314928
I guess someone here can't stand to be called newfag. If you aren't you cluld just proof us wrong. But instead you try to call someone else, who obviously knows more, a bitch.
>>
>>9314930
I'm not saying your information is wrong. That's not the reason I'm calling you a bitch. If oraora came out in roughly 2007/2008 like you mentioned, it would make sense why I had never heard of it...
>>
If I had called myself an old hag, instead of 'oldfag', perhaps you would have interpreted what I saying differently, but I'm not for certain. Sorry I didn't use 'old hag'.
>>
Anyway

Do you guys have any gal related events coming up that you're excited for? I want to plan some but I don't really have ideas
>>
>>9314933
Just one question then. If you've quit/left before 2007/2008, but are now coming here on 4chan, how old are you?? Like this is in no way ment to be an offence as I think everyone can wear what they want n stuff, I'm just also very interested in what got you back to this theme, if you haven't been into it for around a good decade
>>
>>9314940
The next huge thing'll be in the Netherlands as far as I know. Also the 'opening' of diamant rose shop in Germany.

I think there are too less of us gals left to make like a huge gal con or something. I really just wish for a local gyarusa as my city is pretty huge and there are lots of people into jfash, but all the decent gals left for japan to become prostitutes.
>>
File: thisishowIlearnedthename.jpg (104KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
thisishowIlearnedthename.jpg
104KB, 500x334px
>>9314941
I'm not offended. I wore the style back during my sophomore/junior year of high school which was before 2007 if that gives you a roundabout age. I'm not back into the fashion. I clicked the thread to see what was going on these days, and saw anon's post asking, 'This just looks like punk?' I was trying to help out by posting some picture off google image search from typing in 'rokku gyaru'. I doubt I'd get back into the fashion, but I am surprised to see the 'goshikku' style during my search. I had some pictures saved of that style over the past year or so, but I thought it was just VK/gothic fashion. I didn't realize it was gyaru. This picture I saw tonight tipped me off it was a thing.
>>
There just use to not be a lot of information available about the style hence the small number of subsets I mentioned only knowing about. I did go without internet for quite some time which doesn't help, but no, I don't wear the fashion anymore. I haven't in a long time. I think it's cool to see now it has branched out so much, and that so much information has became available in the past decade.
>>
I'm not going to consider the 'gyaru' inspired fashion I wore after my sophomore/junior year true gyaru because I fell out of the loop after that. I seem to remember things got extremely slow there for awhile, which is also why I kind of stopped. I seem to remember ganguro pretty much disappeared.
>>
>>9314355
They are but their clothes still exist second hand
>>
>>9314940
the one in the netherands, and for the rest just small meetups and conventions
>>
>>9314959
So what you're saying is you were never actually gyaru and you were just talking out of your ass about something you had to google
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.