[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita/J-fash Stupid Questions Thread: Yet More Spoonfeeding Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 42

File: costume289-2.jpg (64KB, 514x575px) Image search: [Google]
costume289-2.jpg
64KB, 514x575px
Old thread well past bump limit. Ask all your stupid, silly, or basic questions here!

Old thread (check here for answers before reposting your question):
>>9272896
>>
How do you decide how much poof pettis have to be under longer dresses? An underskirt can't be enough?
>>
>>9298007
an underskirt is just to add length/offer up another texture and should not be used in place of a petticoat

look at stock photos/worn photos, assess how much poof you'll need that way
>>
Resources:
Coord help thread: >>9254002
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/

Unanswered questions from old thread:
>>9279403
>>9279793
>>9279874
>>9283382
>>9284589
>>9284966
>>9285195
>>9288906
>>9290285
>>
File: 1472664711986.jpg (315KB, 1200x896px) Image search: [Google]
1472664711986.jpg
315KB, 1200x896px
>>9284966
Do you live in the city or the country, in an apartment or in a house with garden? Assuming you don't have a super nice, thematic house or apartment, the easiest place to take photos in peace is in your own garden (if it's nice), or in a nice part of the countryside, like with some trees as a backdrop. Or at the beach if you live somewhere like that. If you live in the city, you can try going to a public park but they can be really busy at weekends, lunchtimes and on sunny days, so it's worth going early-ish on a weekday to try to avoid the crowds. Most other places are going to have lots of other people gawking at you so it's uncomfortable to take more than a few outfit shots there.

If you don't mind people looking at you or don't intend to take ages setting up and taking photos, I think photos of lolitas contrasting with dull backgrounds can be really cute. You could try taking photos on the subway or in an average street or something, but be respectful that other people might not want to be in the background of your candid shots and a lot of shops and supermarkets don't like people taking photos inside without permission.

IDK, it depends whether by "photoshoot" you mean staying an hour in the same place trying lots of poses, or just taking a few shots in random places that look cool on a day out like ordinary people might do.
>>
File: 1.jpg (72KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
72KB, 852x480px
Where can I find budget lightweight RHS now that Bodyline is barren?
>>
If I'm a size 8 in US shoes, size 39 in China, what size would be better if I want a pair of shoes from Axes Femme, M or L?
>>
>>9298345
barren?
>>
>>9298414
They used to carry about four or five different styles of RHS and now carry only one or two, which are both nearly sold out in all sizes and colours and cost about 3x the price they used to.
>>
>>9298345
eBay. Not being a smartass.
>>
>>9298410
Definitely L.
>>
>>9298345
There's a brand called 'Montreal' that sells cheap foam RHS on eBay.
>>
How tall is too tall to be modest?

She is 6'2" (188cm) and doesn't afraid of anything, opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=703NrbqtLnc

Any other tall lolitas to comment with tips?
>>
>>9298445
>>9298470
I'm only finding a small selection and most don't have the cool heel cutout. However, Vivienne Westwood seems to be making flatforms again.

Could you link to the store please?
>>
>>9298470
Those ones are terrible quality. The "wood" is thin foam and they fall apart really quickly. Plus the "wood" section is really small compared to traditional RHS. Lolita Lola are great. Not sure if Double Decker are still around but they're okay. Vivienne Westwood x Melissa's jelly ones are pretty cheap and on sale. But they wouldn't look good with old school coords really because of the materials. Oh, plus Yosuke has made RHS in the past. Antaina even comes up on Yahoo Auctions sometimes. But yeah, Montreal ones are the worst of the worst.
>>
>>9298480
underskirts exist for a reason

she looks like an age player without one
>>
What length petticoat would you recommend for longer dresses (approx 100 cm)? I bought a few Baby dresses that are longer and my CP petti doesn't look good with them.
>>
>>9298913
it's only nearly 10cm longer than average so I would say a petti that's 10cm longer than the one you have. that being said, my normal petticoat works fine with 90-110cm dresses.
>>
How far is too far when it comes to anime-inspired j-fash items? I don't like most anime inspired items because they tend to look costumey or overly weebish, and I prefer clothes to look cutesy, but still like normal clothes. Like, would the Tralala x Sailor Moon collab skirt look too weeby irl? Does one look ridiculous wearing butterfly neckties when not cosplaying?
>>
>>9299220
It's a valid fashion movement in japan at least since a few years.
>>
>>9299224
is this supposed to be an answer to that question
>>
>>9299227
Just look for pictures of the style and work around that.
>>
>>9299220
I own that skirt in navy and it comes down to styling 2bh. There were even weebs who didn't recognise the print reference until I pointed it out, it's not that obvious. Skirt itself is nice and poofy.
>>
Is it wrong to not own brand but consider yourself a member of a jfashion community?
I only started Larme Kei about 3 months ago, and I get most of my things from thrift stores and f21. they stil look larme
>>
Which Taobao stores make custom sized items?
>>
>>9299310
Not wrong at all. Fashion is determined by aesthetics, not brand tags. As long as you look good, you're fine.
>>
How do I order from Antique Beast?
I assume by the lay out of the website you place an order, and they make it when they can? Or is their a slot system thats only open every now and then and I have to apply during that period?
>>
>>9299310
No, but it heavily depends on what you're doing. Jfash has taken inspiration from the west for many things but steampunk victorian ballgowns people wear at rennfaires isn't lolita fashion. Is omocat jfash? but it's an American brand, but it is sold in Japan now and used as part of some fashion trends, so it might count as jfashion. It's hard to say really it depends on context and relation to Japan, like jpunk or jrock without the j is just punk and rock.
>>
What's the consensus, if there is one, on fur in lolita?
My Grandmother has given me all of hers it's older than I am but I'm hesitant to start planning coords with it
>>
>>9299673
There isn't a consensus, just like in normie fashion.
>>
>>9299350
They open for orders about once a month, for a day. You have to place an order at that time. After that, it takes around 1 month + shipping time to get it
>>
Where can I get angelic/holy themed accessories?
>>
>>9298822
I own them and this. They're quite shiny but very cute.

My question is how do you store ops with elasticsted necklines? I've taken to folding mine over hangers but I don't like how it looks.
>>
>>9300418
Do they run small? Typically RHS are narrow and you should size up, but I have heard people say that the Melissa ones are on the larger side due to the materials.
>>
>>9300426
I do not believe they run small. I intended to buy them at a size 8 however upon trying them on, size 7 is good.
Check if local stores carry Melissa. It never occurred to me that RHS would be sold in normal stores, but they seem to be quite popular and Melissa is carried in a few different places.
>>
Is it okay to have long hair with ouji? I've only worn regular old lolita, and I kinda wanna go for an utena-esque, girl-in-prince-clothing type coord.
>>
>>9299425
I think in their case they're fine because larme isn't actually a street fashion there - the street kids are just now starting to wear it because it's popular. It's a fast fashion so it's very plausible that F21 is picking up on that and selling items to match. I was there a few days ago and they had some seriously larme shit.
>>
>>9300407
angelic pretty, of course!
>>
Are there any larme or lolita brands that sell nickle-free earrings? I want some of them but I can't ever tell and they don't seem to say.
>>
>>9300418
Padded clip hangers.
>>
>>9300502
I think a side sweep with long hair would look quite cool with the right hair accessories!

My own stupid question: are Facebook sales groups worth it? I list on Lacemarket but I think my items' visibility is quite low. Should I bother? Or just lower my prices and hope things sell faster?
>>
Seller sent me a money request as opposed to an invoice, does it matter? Or am I fucked if there's a problem?
>>
>>9300745
I've never had problems using money requests and I'm not sure whether there's a difference but you can ask the seller to send an invoice instead if you're more comfortable with that.
>>
>>9300670
It's pretty easy to make a collage and link to lacemarket.
>>
Hey so here, are colored wigs out of style? I ordered my girl a plum-pink wig and it should be here today but we were talking Lolita the other day and she said colored wigs are ita. Bleh, she doesn't know I ordered it yet but there's no returns.
>>
>>9300923
They are but trends are not important in lolita unless you want to be efamous
>>
>>9300986
Nah not interested in fame, and I agree with your sentiment. I am still a little concerned becuase it is fashion so being up to date is somewhat important. Just didn't know if it's an immediate sign of being a weeabo ITA now. She normally wears dark classic or gothic, but recently got her first sweet dress. I'm normally pretty good at helping with coords but sweet Lolita is new to me. Thanks for the reply anon, I appreciate it.
>>
>>9301007
So long as you didn't get her a twintail wig or something, you're golden. Coloured wigs are much less popular now, but when they fit the coord or look like nicely-styled dyed natural hair, they're still accepted or liked.

Also what's unpopular online =/= what'll get you ostracised IRL. Most of the sweet lolitas in my comm still wear coloured wigs.

>>9300670
I always make the main listing on Lacemarket (since it's easy for buyers to search and the feedback there is more reliable) then cross-post to Facebook sales groups. The flakiest, shittiest, newest buyers can't usually be bothered getting a LM account, so you avoid a lot of terrible buyers that way, but you're right, you don't get the visibility without crossposting. Posting on Facebook sales groups alone isn't worth it IMO as your posts aren't easily searchable and quickly get lost even if you're bumping, and people can delete negative feedback on their own albums.
>>
Once I luckily checked Wunderwelt's page on Lacemarket at the exact time they added new products. They are amazing deals and go super quick. I really regret not trying to get anything, stupidly thinking it will still be there for days. Now I don't remember when that was and can't find any info on when they update their sales page. Can anyone enlighten me please on the days they do it?
>>
What's the best way to give item rundowns when you post to CoF? I see some people give detailed ones and others give nothing, and they all seem to use different definitions of "offbrand". Is it weird to give coord rundowns on tumblr? I don't see it much there, maybe because there are so many photos-only aesthetic blogs.
>>
>>9300502
Long hair can often look more aristo but historically most men have had long hair for hundreds of years, so it's easy to make it work if it's a flowing, wavy, unlayered style.
>>
>>9301115
>>9301007
OK thanks, that's good to know. She's a pretty talented hair dresser so I'm sure she will make it look as good as can be if she keeps it.
>>
File: 1481349357050.jpg (177KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1481349357050.jpg
177KB, 1080x1350px
What print is this? I love it. It looks like a Taobao/indie brand maybe?
>>
>>9301170
It's Haenuli's Angel of Music print.
>>
>>9301170

Haenuli, korean indie brand. Unsure of name but if you google 'Haenuli phantom of the opera' you're bound to get something.
>>
>>9301171
>>9301173
So fast! Thanks so much, anons.
>>
>>9301120
Personally, I like to know specifically where offbrand things come from, because sometimes a particular item catches my fancy and it's a hassle to ask about it (especially on tumblr). Whether it be thrifted, or bought at a normalfag store or whatever.

I think it's fine to post a rundown anywhere you post a coord.
>>
>>9301120
I'm the same as >>9301208 - it kind of annoys me when people list anything not from a big brand as "offbrand" or lump items from popular Taobao brands together as just "Taobao". It's a hassle to ask and I resent the fact that commenting on their CoF post will bump it, even if it's a shitty coord. I list brands for all my clothes and accessories, but not usually wigs (partly because most people don't, partly because half of my wigs are old GLW ones and I don't want to promote GLW).

I always give the name of the store for lolita brands, even if it's Taobao or indie. If it's an offbrand thing that isn't super generic (say, a bag or cardigan rather than a pair of opaque black tights), I'll specify "eBay" or "Aliexpress" so people know I could link to the listing if they want. If it's from a mainstream fashion retailer, I'll list the brand for the same reason if it's still in stock, but won't usually bother if it's years' old. If it's from a non-lolita Japanese brand, I list the brand even if it's old. With thrifted items I sometimes list the brand if it's anything notable or vintage, but otherwise will just say "offbrand". If it's handmade I specify that it's handmade or "handmade not by me", I don't really get it when people describe handmade items as "offbrand" in coord posts.

I am a massive autist though so I probably put more thought into the specifics of this than most people (it ruffles my pettis that most people don't give rundowns on tumblr). IME, although some people are just lazy, most of the people who give super vague or no coord rundowns on CoF are trying to hide the fact that they're wearing replicas or a bunch of non-lolita items.
>>
File: snootypatootie.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
snootypatootie.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>9300502
I prefer my female boyfriends have short hair but a long haired boyfriend like Reinhard von Lohengramm might be nice. or Soo-Won from Yona, or Ren in utapri, or Hajime is Hakouki also Hijikate in Hakouki. Pretty much most of the characters from Kamigami, especially Loki and Baldr, super long pretty hair, and Akira the sun god too is very cute.
>>
Other than Swankiss, what brands sell cute platform shoes?
>>
>>9301456
they pop up every now and again in lots of brands

Liz Lisa, Onespo, Spinns, etc. have all had a few at some point. Just keep browsing.
>>
Which brand sells shoes in 9 or 10? Haha fug.
>>
What are some brands that run big bust-wise (100~cm)? I fit into skirts without any problem, but overbust jsks and blouses give me a lot of trouble.

I'm going to Japan in January, and I'd rather have an idea of where to shop rather than lose time in stores that simply won't fit.
>>
>>9301475
What kind of brands are you interested in?
>>
>>9301501

Pretty much anything that isn't sweet lolita.
>>
Does anyone have a good cutsew tutorial? I feel like the ones I've seen online have really crappy finished products or don't explain the steps very well. I got some vintage transfers that I think will make some very cute cutsews if I modify a normal t-shirt enough to look frilly.
>>
>>9298345
Wunderwelt just added a bunch of BtSSB ones for about $44, they're great in general but not good for authentic oldschool as the platform is too short and they have no cutout.
>>
>>9301475

lolita: enchantilly, Triple Fortune, shirred Meta and shirred AP (whatever you find that isn't sweet).

gyaru: Plumprimo

mainstream: Gu and Uniqlo (not everything, they just stock the widest range of sizes that I've seen).
>>
I need cute highwaisted stuff (For a "Curvy" girl) I want to still look cute and j-fashion esq
are there examples I can follow or clothing recommendations any seagulls can help with?
I find that a lot of high waisted shorts with a cute vibe are too small..
>>
>>9301549
>the platform is too short and they have no cutout
That's actually fine for old school
>>
>>9301780
The details of the upper are obviously modern too, you can clock them as a more modern shoe at 30 paces.

>>9301750
Maximicam
>>
>>9301817

shit, I keep forgetting that brand exists.
>>
>>9301912
It's understandable, Maxicimam are still releasing stuff that looks pretty oldschool long after it's not that popular any more, so most lolitas tend to forget they exist.

>>9301772
Are you shopping at western stores or online on Taobao/Ali? High-waisted shorts have been popular in mainstream fashion for a while, and are more likely to have sizing that fits you. Get something that fits on the hips and take it in at the waist if necessary.
>>
>>9301502
A lot of gyaru or even larme type brands will have things that technically fit but it depends how you want it to look. For example, there are a number of Liz Lisa tops that technically can that bust measurement but the items aren't going to look the same on you. You need to just fine tune your radar for certain fabrics and cuts while you're browsing. Since you're going to be shopping in store (I assume), you're typically allowed to try things on. There are a number of brands with selections of items that'll fit you but rarely will every single item from that brand accommodate a larger bust.
>>
>>9301938
*that can typically accommodate that bust measurement
>>
>>9301925
>Are you shopping at western stores or online on Taobao/Ali? High-waisted shorts have been popular in mainstream fashion for a while, and are more likely to have sizing that fits you. Get something that fits on the hips and take it in at the waist if necessary.
I have been shopping both but western styles don't have CUTE styles that compliment or scream jfashion
I also don't have the skill to take it in at the waist and that's a huge problem I have is that the hips will fit but the waist is too small
>>
>>9301117
Seconding this. Do they have a regular update schedule?
>>
Do people judge you, or do you judge people on wearing old dresses (2009 release for example) versus the new releases/style?

What about in Japan? Are lolitas who wear the 2010 era dresses seen as unfashionable and dated?

All I know is in the west old trends such as split and pastel wigs, as well as the Rhapsody wig, are looked down upon now.
>>
>>9302265
I think the old twintail wigs and split wigs look bad, but I love seeing older prints still being worn. They honestly look better when worn in a more toned down way.

My opinion is just my opinion though. idk what others think. what do YOU think, anon?
>>
>>9302265
No wear what you like.
>>
>>9302291
Oh I will definitely still wear them even if they are out of style. I'm trying to grab up all the older prints I loved. I was just wondering about it since so many people, especially in Japan, are selling these off for cheap. I love seeing girls wearing old prints in the new GLB issues.
>>
>>9302193
They have stuff that's close enough, even with jfash it's not usually shorts that look particularly unique, it's tops, shoes and legwear.
>>
>>9302302
It's not like fast fashion that goes out of style by the year. I do get the feeling that there are people only interested in the lasted brand prints but that's more of a western online comm thing I think. There's nothing special about having the latest print that only just came out, it's not like being fashion forward.

Changes in Lolita fashion move far more slowly counted in decades rather than years.
>>
What's the difference between a hoop skirt and a petticoat, and when would I wear one versus the other?
>>
Lost a bunch of weight recently yay! Wondering if should I take dresses to a seamstress or try to alter smaller for myself? Or sell them? its only taobao things... would price of alterations be worth it?
>>
>>9301475
Adding Atelier Pierrot

Liz Lisa won't let you try on tops, only dresses and bottoms
>>
>>9302431
I've only seen a very small amount of people wear hoop skirts in Lolita. They'd certainly work to create the Lolita silhouette, but I don't think they'd have much benefit over a petticoat except if it's really hot, since they're just made out of metal hoops. They're kind of hard to find in the right length since nowadays they're really only used for weddings/living history which have long dresses.
You'd also have to wear a lining or something over a hoop skirt because the shape of the hoops will show over the dress.

Overall petticoats are just easier because of access and convenience. I also imagine they're more comfortable since they're not made out of metal. I'd recommend just sticking with a nice petti unless you plan on wearing Lolita in a place that gets hot often.
>>
>>9302431
Unless you know why you would wear a hoop skirt it's safe to say you should stick with a petti. For most mini designs it's just obvious too.
>>
>>9302511
What? Liz Lisa always let's me try on tops.
>>
>>9302510
Depends on where you live and how complicated the alteration is. For a fully lined dress it's a more complex alteration than for an unlined one.
>>
>>9302510

If you have to ask how to alter a dress, whelp, that's a sign you shouldn't alter it yourself. Definitely take it to a seamstress.

The price of alterations isn't worth it. If you don't have one of the "it" taobao prints (eg- Krad Lanrete or Mori or whatever), you'll never get back the money you spent on the dress + alterations. So basically only spend money to alter those dresses that you love the most and want to continue wearing, at least that's money spent on making yourself feel happy and look good. Sell the rest.

Congrats on the weight loss.
>>
I bought an old school baby skirt, but it's about 6cm too small for my waist(I was told it would stretch far beyond my waist measurement) has anyone gotten their brand pieces altered, if so, what was your experience? Any advice when going to get them altered?
>>
>>9302685
Why not lose weight?
>>
>>9301925
Do you need to use an SS or FS to order from Maxicimam? I kind of feel like I need one just to navigate...
>>
>>9302550
A couple years ago they used to not allow it but now they do.
>>
>>9302686
I'm going to go out on a limb that if anon thought that was a reasonable option they wouldn't be asking about alterations. Don't assume they're a fatty; many old school skirts are pretty small in the waist and if she's at a healthy weight there's nothing she can do (esp. since if you're small enough, 6 cm can be a lot).
>>
>>9302718

Maxicimam sells through cdjapan, you can order through them instead

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/brand/100000108
>>
Is there a way to wear AP pastel vomit print without seing so childish? I though to wear it as country o just casual ...
>>
>>9302917

Even restricting to just fully pastel AP, it still depends a lot on which dresss it is. The simpler cuts, less poof and anything you can coord to darker colours are generally doable. Depending on your body type/face you might want to avoid the high waisted dresses too. The rest are slightly hit-or-miss, some are nearly impossible to dress down from cotton candy fairy princess level.
>>
>>9302685
Ignore >>9302686, I had the same problem with skirts and used some shapewear to fit in (Uniqlo if you want to check them out). While I could fit into the skirts, I constantly felt like I can't breathe properly. As for alterations, will you be adding fabric to the waist? Do you know how much it will cost, as skirts are generally fairly cheap and alterations aren't?
>>
>>9302917
Accept the fact that pastel AP vomit is not fucking childish. Stop being like the normies who think we wear kids clothes. Just wear the dress you love.

For actual coord advice, try to pair it with more vintagey looking shoes and blouse. Like that one girl that has those pointy shoes in all colors and wears sweet.
>>
>>9302775
Some oldschool skirts are really tiny and there's a limit to how low your waist will go even with weight loss (unless you're waist training, I guess), since you have organs in there. I had the same waist measurement when 10kg underweight as I do now because it just couldn't get any smaller.

>>9302954
This. Casual is a good option, but if you try to make it look too mature, you'll just look odd. Not using extreme eye enlarging make-up and circle lenses or having childish hairstyles like twintails or pigtails helps a ton. Berets and cardigans can work, but not with every dress. IMO, even though people think tea parties look childish, they're not too bad because they don't look like literal childrens' shoes. Avoid things like Mary Janes and ankle socks that legit look like what kids wear and you'll always be able to answer idiots with just "When was the last time you saw a kid wearing anything like this?"
>>
>>9302942
I got a quote from a local seamstress that it would be about $30. She said she would take the shirring out of the waistband and add fabric if needed so it will fit, but I don't know if that will make it look.. off. I'm also just kind of scared lol I'm going to keep looking around though
>>
File: lorisheartbag.jpg (93KB, 809x347px) Image search: [Google]
lorisheartbag.jpg
93KB, 809x347px
does anyone have a picture of this loris bag in pink in different light, is it as dark as it looks in the picture?
>>
File: 01.jpg (128KB, 390x586px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
128KB, 390x586px
>>9303576
Pic related was posted on the EGL comm sales in 2012 so I'm not entirely sure how accurate it is to the material Loris uses these days. Sorry it's not much help.
>>
How insane should I expect laforet's winter grand bazar to be? I heard it can get really crazy during summer, but is it the same during winter? I'm hoping to go during the third day (Monday) - do japanese girls just skip work/school to go, or what?
>>
Sooo.. How long before AccioTokyo sends out confirmation emails? Sent a request to reserve a LP the day before yesterday but got nothing. My order might not have gone through?
>>
Lurking through auctions and most of the lolita related listings I'm interested in have no clear sizing or measurements. These sellers have good ratings otherwise but they don't even have print names to look up on lolibrary or just flat out isn't listed on lolibrary either. How do you all find your sizes in the auction listings? I'm beginning to think Google translate is the culprit.
>>
>>9303803
There's not much to it: Some listings include measurements, others don't. The items that don't have measurements in the listing can usually be found on lolibrary (and you don't need to know the print or item name to find things), you can always ask here for specifications if you want to be sure the measurements on lolibrary are accurate (sometimes they aren't), and if something isn't listed on lolibrary you can look at similar items from the same brand and try to guesstimate. It's risky but online shopping usually is, and there's not much to be done beyond that.
>>
>>9303601
GB is in mid-Jan, Monday is the last day
>>
Has anyone tried wearing these skeleton/fishbone-y pettis? What's it like sitting down in them?
>>
>>9304230
I wore one on my wedding day with a normal petticoat over the top.
Unless it's a super hot day and you want the extra breeze they really can be a pain in the ass to sit in.
You kinda have to guide the hoop under your butt strategically while holding the front too so it doesn't stick out
>>
>>9304251
Yikes, thanks for the reply. I was thinking of getting one to try, but it sounds really uncomfortable for photoshoots, especially if there are sitting poses since the extra strength would raise the top of the dress. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>9304230
The ones F+F have aren't steel and collapse pretty well when you sit.
>>
>>9304230
They're actually not bad, you just have to make sure that the hoops collapse correctly when you sit to avoid your hoop flying up. Bloomers are a must. I have the F+F one and it's saved my life living in a hot climate.
>>
How would I go about ordering from Beth? I live in the states and I really want the Frog Prince cutsew OP in wine, but I'm also not even sure if it's still stocked. I heard and researched that they don't take overseas orders and shopping services such as tenso either.
>>
>>9304639
Find a different ss on egl comm sales or facebook
>>
>>9302265
I doubt anyone will judge, and if they do not your problem. As far as in japan goes, honestly anything is good. Japanese Lolitas are just as varied as western ones, if not more. I see girls here who looked like they stepped out of the early to mid 2000s, and girls that put the OTT European classic Lolitas to shame. Just look good and have fun.
>>
What would be the best brand for my first co-ord? The style I'd prefer is sweet
>>
File: sailormoon.png (209KB, 215x413px) Image search: [Google]
sailormoon.png
209KB, 215x413px
>>9297988
Where do I find fashion like this and what is it called? I like the high waist and pastels. I tried searching on taobao for high waisted pastel skirts and I don't know the style of the shirt (Although I've seen the shirt style at forever 21, but not in this color)
if anyone could even give some helpful chinese terms or english terms for aliexpress I'd appreciate it.

I recall a while back they used to call this fashion a name -where you pull clothes from anime (casual clothes) and find them and put the outfits together, what is the term?
>>
What kind of adhesive do you use to stick sequins and bits of plastic to your face like this?
>>
>>9306891

Probably spirit gum, the stuff cosplayers use for prostethics.
>>
>>9306891
Eyelash glue works fine for the smaller ones.
>>
File: IMG_2048.jpg (53KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2048.jpg
53KB, 475x356px
Are there any resources/groups for yanki fashion anymore? I've been obsessed for a long time and have only met one other girl interested in yanki still. Is it totally dead?
>>
>>9306809
That would be 90's fashion, anon. It's starting to come into style again so just keep your eyes out at mainstream trendy stores.
>>
Are there any fairy kei comms in the US?
>>
>>9307276
There are fairy kei facebook groups but comm's/meet-ups are kind of a lolita thing
>>
>>9306588
It really depends on your taste. A lot of people would probably recommend Innocent World to a beginner, because they have a lot of solid pieces that work for a classic and sweet wardrobe in case you change your mind. And solid pieces are easier to wear if you haven't worn alt fashion before, if you suddenly start wearing printed Angelic Pretty dresses you'll get a lot more "wtf" reactions from family and friends.
>>
Anyone know of a good place to buy kimono accessories in the US? It looks like etsy is my only real choice. I even checked y!j and couldn't find a good selection of nagajuban and collars (maybe my English searching is the problem, but all I can find are main pieces). I found a kimono I really like on eBay but I have literally nothing else
>>
>>9306891
I used the roll on body adhesive sock glue to put on jewels and it worked really well for me
>>
How do group Taobao orders work? I know people usually do this to save on shipping costs, so do all the items arrive at the house of one person and others simply pick it up? I've ordered from Taobao on my own before and I do hate eating the shipping cost. I want to make an order with about 3 people but won't they need to really trust me to hold on to their items until they pick it up?

What if they discover one item is missing and think I stole it?
>>
>>9306588
You'd need to give more information on your tastes, budget, preferred colours, what sort of situations you'll be wearing it in, etc.

>>9306809
That style of skirt is a skater skirt, how high the waist is depends where you choose to wear it, just choose a size of waistband that would fit your waist at the point you want to wear it.

>>9306891
You can apparently use vaseline for smaller pieces of glitter as well.
>>
>>9303576
It's garbage, don't waste your money.
>>
Silly question: does anyone happen to be following a red haired japanese lolita/j-fash girl on any social media?

I have seen her twice now in Tokyo. First at Laforet wearing gothic lolita and then few days later at Shinjuku wearing black j-fash. I know it's the same red haired girl cause at both times I recognized her boyfriend. I'm kinda in love with her and would like follow her on instagram or anywhere else.
>>
>>9307679

Not in the US and not a kimono enthusiast, but

Immortal Geisha forum is the go-to place for Western kimono people to hang out at. It moved onto facebook-only after the forum more or less shut down. If you join, poke around and ask questions there you'll get better answers. cgl's kimono answers depends too much on whether someone who is into kimonos happens to be browsing the board, so the quality of answers vary greatly.
>>
>>9307716

Yes, that is how it works.

Yes, they will need to trust you to handle all communication and hang on to their stuff truthfully. You in turn trust them to pony up cash for the shipping and SS fees (and customs fees, if applicable) and not just the $2 for the listed price of the item.

Don't go into group orders with troublesome or stupid people (or people who can't budget), and don't join group orders of girls you don't trust.

If you're worried some of them may think you stole stuff, you can arrange for them to come over and inspect the package before you open it. Have to say though, with the way most agents tape their packages it'll be easy for some stupid girl to say you opened up the bottom, stole it, and then retaped it. So again, don't do group orders with untrustworthy, unreliable people.
>>
>>9303576
DreamV often releases heart-shaped bags and their quality is nice.
>>
File: 52223_900.jpg (70KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
52223_900.jpg
70KB, 480x640px
I need more of this 2010 sweet fuzzy navel ott trash in my life. A couple of years ago these things were everywhere, but now I'm having some trouble finding it. Even ClosetChild has only one. I'm specifically looking for the star clips, but I want all of the things such as the fuzzy glasses as well.

Where can I find these things?
>>
File: 1069_640.jpg (50KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1069_640.jpg
50KB, 480x640px
>>9309060
Also this clip. A couple of years ago girls were getting rid of these left and right as OTT sweet lost popularity. I regret not scooping it all up then.
>>
>>9309060
>>9309082
just search chocomint on lacemarket. Jesus anon.
>>
I can't seem to find any decent ringlet wigs like pic related online. Any gulls know where to get good ones?
>>
>>9309967
iirc, im pretty sure that wig is from bodyline.
>>
>>9306927
I'm intersted in this too and I'm a total newbie. What have you found, anon?
>>
>>9309988
Her old one was from Bodyline but they don't stock it any more, she has one she uses in more recent coords that's from Maple.
>>
Where can I get fairy kei winter shoes/boots? Like ones that won't get ruined if I walk in snow with them?
>>
>>9307679
If you're still around anon, check out the kimono thread in the catalog, there's one up right now.

I think I saw someone say to try rakuten for accessories, some sellers do ship internationally. Also searching with Japanese characters might help. (Maybe you can copy/paste them from wikipedia or somewhere?)
>>
>>9309060
>>9309082
closetchild usually has a lot of these kind of things
>>
this is in a yahoo auction description of an item that looks like it's in good condition, does this mean it has all of these problems or is it meant to be a disclaimer and google translate did a bad job?
>>
has anyone tried to coordinate with navy blouse?
its useless coordinating navy jsk/skirt imo, because the navy color would overpower the coord
But what do I know, I have only seen them with black skirts.
does the black navy meme still apply here?
>>
Exactly how does one break into Aristocrat?
The focus of the vast majority of magazines, and this board, focus exclusively on various styles of lolita for women.
Where are the makeup tutorials for us guys who happen to enjoy looking their best?
Are there any primers for the basics of Aristocrat?
[spoiler]You have no spoilers here, Wizard![/spoiler]
>>
>>9312897
>focus exclusively on various styles of lolita for women.
There is a boystyle general but I think it's time for a new EGA thread too
>>
>>9312898
>boystyle
Doesn't help when you are 6'+ and a glowering adult male, you just look like a tryhard.
>speaking from experience...
>>
Why do lolita's hate living dolls? Haven't they just been misrepresented in the media just like lolita's? I.often see Japanese lolita's talk about wanting to look like a doll too
>>
>>9312905
The only time I've seen living dolls is in my bukkake movies.
So I'm pretty much alright with them.
>>
>>9312900
You should start a thread for EGA and Japanese goth or go to the boystyle thread because that's where we discuss aristo too
>>
>>9312907
>start a thread for EGA and Japanese goth
>watch it die within 20 posts
Anon, that is a complete heartbreaker.
>>
>>9312897
>>9312900
The boystyle thread isn't just for people who look like boys. You can ask for aristo make tutorials there.
>>
I bought an older used headbow still with the tags on and am considering selling it. I've never worn it all the tags are still on but it's an older piece and there's a kink in the wire from being shipped back and forth. How should I list it? NWT? Even if it's almost ten years old and has a bit of damage? Or is there some other term for older unworn items?
>>
>>9312887
Navy blouse with navy JSK/skirt looks fine IMO, navy is a neutral so it looks okay, especially if the navy JSK is a print. Navy is also good with wine but can be a bit high-contrast, or cream/white sailor pieces with navy details. Can go with brown as well.

YMMV on the navy/black meme, it bothers some people but not others.
>>
>>9312905
Wanting to look like a doll is not the same as literally believing you are a doll. It's deluded to think that, and lolitas don't like being associated with it because it makes us look deluded by association.

Also, getting a bad press in the media is exactly why lolitas don't like it. Even if their treatment was over-edited or unfair, normal people don't know that and so it affects normie opinions of us.
>>
>>9312947
Right but living dolls are not all delusional about being an actual doll, just the ones they show in the media. Most of them see it as a fashion.
>>
>>9312905
>>9312951

What is living doll fashion anyway? Are there specific brands, magazines associated with this fashion? Every time I come across anything in the "living doll" tag it just seems to be someone wearing random junk with extra shoop trying to pretend they're kawaii. I don't hate them as a lolita, I just find them cringey in general.
>>
>>9312887
As long as it's a light enough navy it's fine. When the colours are distinct enough it can be ok, if the navy is close to black it just looks like you got dressed in the dark.

I've worn a navy blouse with a navy dress just fine. Mine is chiffon and very translucent but opaque ones would be fine too imo.
>>
>>9312489
Looks like a disclaimer to me. Like, "we sell used clothes that may have signs of wear etc. please keep this in mind when buying", something like that.
>>
>>9312937
An item being unworn and having the tag attached doesn't mean it's in new condition; if it's noticeably damaged, list it as such.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482673623519.jpg (92KB, 564x817px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482673623519.jpg
92KB, 564x817px
My girlfriend has an interest in jfash but doesn't really have the income to invest in it. Our 'anniversary' is coming up soon and I wanted to surprise her with something but have no idea where to start.
>>
>>9313298
Start with paying attention when she talks about what she likes because we don't know.
>>
>>9313302
Thank you for the help
>>
File: HTB1FPlqOXXXXXXXaXXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg (89KB, 800x794px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1FPlqOXXXXXXXaXXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg
89KB, 800x794px
Does anyone have a good reference for Japanese side conversion? I am browsing tops from Plumprimo but am not used to Japanese sizes.
>>
>>9313302
Yeah, if you can give us specifics about what kind of jfash or what specific styles she's interested in we can give you pointers, but jfash is a broad umbrella term for dozens of styles so there's nowhere obvious to point you.
>>
Does anyone have any bread-type clothing? It doesn't have to be lolita based
>>
>>9313392
There are no set sizes ever. Just look at the measurements in cm. Plumprimo has them listed for each item. Dont expect two items of the same size to really fit the same size
>>
File: m519578-03.jpg (51KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
m519578-03.jpg
51KB, 600x800px
>>9313460
Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I can't read Japanese so I don't really know what measurements are for what body part on their size charts.

I manage on Chinese sites thanks to that Taobao spreadsheets with translations. Was sorta hoping there was something similar for shopping on Japanese sites. I try to look up translations but for example get a lot of stuff about bras when I try to look up bust measurements.
>>
Speaking of sizes, how the hell flat measurements work in relation to a person's body? I tried googling in and came up with nothing.
>>
>>9313451
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dingtoll-WHO-ATE-MY-BREAD-Tee-Shirt-Women-Harajuku-Cute-Girls-Tears-Printed-T-shirt-Lady/32648615304.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.qd5CbK&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_116_10065_117_10068_114_115_113_10000009_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_10000012_426_10103_10073_10102_10000015_10096_10052_10053_10107_10050_10106_10051-10052,searchweb201603_2,afswitch_5,single_sort_0_default&btsid=2360fdea-c506-4da2-bbaa-4cc979058d0d
>>
>>9313478
You double the measurement for the actual circumference of the item when given a flat measurement.

So a t-shirt with a bust of 18" flat is actually 36" around.
>>
>>9313481

thanks, man. I thought so, but it sounded too easy to be true.
>>
>>9313474
All I know is バスト is bust, since that's the only one that i ever need to fit. I hope it helps a little. Try using google translate for the others maybe.
>>
>>9313502
Thanks, I wasn't getting anywhere myself with google translate but knowing the bust helps me a ton since that's normally what I need to fit.
>>
>>9304639
Hey, I know you wanted it specifically in wine but I have it in black if you're interested? Worn to try on but that's it, didn't sit right on my torso.
>>
>>9302511
How do you come with they won't let you try on tops? I always asked if it was ok to try this or that on and was always allowed and got great help and advice by the shop staff
>>
Just recently purchased something from Wunderwelt and was hit with about $30 shipping for a dress. I don't remember shipping from japan being so crazy. I chose EMS.

I know Japan increased shipping in the summer but I didn't expect that much. Is this the norm now? Any way to reduce it?
>>
Anyone got any recs for a really good A-line petticoat?
>>
>>9314116
If you can find one secondhand, The Snow Field had really good A-lines. The long versions are crazy long, and they fucking never deflate.
>>
>>9314116
Moi meme moitie. Lasting and pretty
>>
File: d.va.png (231KB, 411x418px) Image search: [Google]
d.va.png
231KB, 411x418px
Does anyone know which taobao shop this is from? They're selling it on Cospicky but I'd rather not buy from a shitty taobao reseller
>>
Does anyone know Japanese shops for roomwear and sleepwear? Looking for kawaii pjs
>>
>>9314094
I paid $85 shipping for five dresses lately, prices are insane right now.
>>
>>9314116
I have a malco modes (582 I think) and it's great, poof is full but it lets the skirt move naturally
>>
>>9314182
Holy shit! Was it a bulk shipment or combined individual shipment? Wunderwelt did send me an email saying that because of the rise in prices they recommend a forwarding service that can combine all the items from japan and ship as one package, but I'm not planning to buy anything from japan anytime soon sadly...
>>
>>9314182
Hahaha my mom paid over $60 to send me a few boxes of Poptarts from the US to overseas, with airmail. Japan's EMS prices are cheap af compared to US.
I looked up sending a dress Express from the US, with insurance it was $100. For one dress.
>>
>>9314128
Gelato Pique
>>
>>9314123
Take the picture and use taobao image search on taobao. You need to be on the non-world version to use the image search tho
>>
>>9314268
Combined individual, but the price I'm quoting is literally JUST for the shipping, with SS fees included it was well over $100.
>>
>>9314396
This is so true. I sometimes see something I really want on the fb sales or lacemarket and when I see the seller is in the US my heart sinks. Not going to pay 60$ shipping for a 30$ blouse.
>>
I used to ship a ton of random stuff and after a while I honestly stopped listing international shipping and would only deal within the US for all items below $100. I will sometimes do Canada, but fuck shipping to the rest of the world. US postal sucks for that.
>>
File: m115816102_3.jpg (77KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
m115816102_3.jpg
77KB, 612x612px
There are two sets of measurements. The top one seems like its the bust measurement, any idea what the bottom one is? Its a jacket if that helps at all.
>>
>>9315472
Height, I believe. The wearer's, that is.
>>
>>9299673
If it's a vintage item I see no issue with it. It's not like you put money towards it, and at least it is getting love rather than sitting in your wardrobe.
>>
>>9309060
>>9309082
Sometimes lolitadesu has these.
>>
>>9314094
CC charged me around 30 usd shipping for my last order of a dress and headbow. WW has been that expensive for awhile
>>
>>9308475
It could be La Carmina. Her hair is often dyed red, and she wears multiple styles. I think she has a spouse, and frequents Tokyo.
>>
File: redhair.jpg (88KB, 688x516px) Image search: [Google]
redhair.jpg
88KB, 688x516px
Her hair is always changing.
>>
>>9317353
>la sardina
She's still around? I'm amazed.
>>
File: 54034_grande.jpg (21KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
54034_grande.jpg
21KB, 600x450px
I bought a Kotoritachi bento box and matching water bottle. I love them, they're exactly what I wanted, no issues there.

I need a bento bag next, prefer a drawstring bag. When I looked for a matching bento bag from Kotoritachi, though, I came up empty except for a rather bland tote.

I've got two questions: one, does anyone know if/where Kotoritachi bento bags can be purchased; two, good sites for bento bags, or good brands?

Thanks. Pic related, it's the bento box.
>>
>>9313474
Jisho.org to draw out the kanjis and then copy paste into Google translate. Would do for you but I am lazy
>>
I was sent a package via EMS on 1/1. As of today it still says "Dispatched from outward exchange" from Tokyo. Should I be worried? Or is this normal because it was during the hoidays? I'm in California
>>
What is a good place to advertise lolita art commissions? I don't want to clog the Lolita Sales Fb because I know people come there for clothes, plus I know I'd also be annoyed seeing a flood of art posts vs clothes in the group.
>>
>>9320363
Insta, tumblr, do a couple of free commissions for efamous girls so they will post about you, or give donations (I think the next big event coming up is omnia vanitas and they have goodie bags and raffles)
>>
>>9320363
Forgot to add, you should post on the egl comm on livejournal as well, January is the only month a lot of people go there and you can post about anything there as long as it's lolita related
>>
>>9320407
>>9320408
Thank you! Follow up dumb questions:

Do I just kinda draw the efamous girls coords, or awkwardly message them asking if I could?

By donations, do you mean like offering free prints?

Sorry, I'm just new to promotions and suck at social media. Thanks!
>>
>>9320022
Nah you're fine. That just means customs processed it and it should be on a plane heading your way. I'd start checking usps's website for updates too, it'll update faster than the japan EMS site once the package is handed over to us customs.
>>
>>9320702
Do you not already have an instagram or tumblr or something? If you want commissions you should have your normal artwork up anyway. You get commissions by being a normal artist who does them on the side IMO.

Just draw the coords and tag the person. You can message people beforehand if you want, but if you pass it off as fanart or practice I don't see why you need permission. Say you were inspired by a coord and decided you wanted to draw them, it doesn't even need to be an efamous person. Just stop if they tell you to.
>>
>>9320779
Ah okay. It was already processed by Japanese customs on 1/1 though. The USPS site has no updates as of now either
>>
>>9320884
Basically it has two stages. Processed by customs, which means customs is done and it's sitting somewhere waiting for a plane, and dispatched, which means it's actually on the plane. EMS is slow as heck right now, don't get too worried honestly. Took a package I sent around Christmas a couple weeks to get to my family (who live near Chicago).
>>
File: needthis.jpg (41KB, 468x464px) Image search: [Google]
needthis.jpg
41KB, 468x464px
When does Baby start selling parasols again? Just started getting into sweet and I'd like to own pic related
>>
>>9317261
No no this was a japanese girl.
>>
>>9298480
Sweet doesn't suit most tall girls but I must say they look astonishing in classic and goth.
>>
File: IMG_2228.gif (235KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2228.gif
235KB, 384x288px
>>9320890
I appreciate this, anon. Thank you!
>>
>>9320913
Usually closer to summer
>>
So, how bad ARE tattoos in lolita (specifically gothic, for me at least)? I'm moving to a warmer climate this summer and won't have the option of wearing long sleeves. If it matters, the tattoos I have are all black ink and floral.
>>
>>9321868
This discussion comes up from time to time and there's no good consensus. If you can't hide them, don't worry about it. Some people won't like them, but no one's going to give you shit for it irl.
>>
File: 1477623868113.png (222KB, 384x481px) Image search: [Google]
1477623868113.png
222KB, 384x481px
Wasn't sure whether to ask this here or in the taobao thread but what are some good, daily lolita dresses to wear around the house and such from taobao? Mostly looking for ones that can be safely washed in a washing machine delicately without becoming a tragedy. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>>
>>9323518
Off the top of my head strawberry witch has some cheap, comfy chiffon OPs that would be good for that, just stay away from red and other bleeding colors. Taobao thread would probably be better to ask in though.
>>
>>9323535
Thank you anon! I checked the store you mentioned and they look perfect for the job! I'll ask for more suggestions on the taobao thread later, then!
>>
I'm interested in building up a Lolita inspo folder. The plan is to browse and save whatever catches my eye and I could picture myself wearing. Hopefully this will help me nail down what styles are for me.

My problem is I don't know where to browse like that. How do all you experienced lolitas find and explore the fashion?

(My guesses: I have a retired Tumblr, which I aspire to never pick up again. Instagram is alien to me. Can you browse that without an account or app?)
>>
>>9325132
Not sure about Instagram but you can definitely browse tumblr without an account. As for where to find pics, it depends on what style you like: There are blogs dedicated to specific brands like AP and IW, and there are blogs for specific styles like old school, gothic, sweet, and classic, and there are general lolita fashion blogs with great content. Like I said, depends on what you're looking for.
>>
>>9325137
I barely know myself! It was only just recently that I went from being a casual admirer to an admirer who'd like to be in frillss for real.

All I know so far is that I'm more for classic and sweet than gothic. But in terms of sweet I don't really think I'll enjoy pulling off the pink stuff. Border prints are preferred over allovers and patterns...

Bless the Lolita guidebook by the way, I feel more educated all ready.
>>
>>9325151
Well, here are a few general lolita fashion blogs worth checking out:
http://joyeuselacelife.tumblr.com/
http://fyeahlolita.tumblr.com/
http://longlivelolita.tumblr.com/
http://lolitahime.tumblr.com/
Each has different content and features many different styles but you might find something you like there. And if you're into IW's looks, you might like this blog: http://innocentworldfashion.tumblr.com/
>>
>>9302241
>>9301117

Super late reply but from what I can tell their Lace Market schedule seems to be 'whenever we get around to it'.
>>
>>9325132
Look for magazine scans or buy the magazines (G&L Bible, Kera, sometimes Spoon and other mags), most lolita brands post coord pictures as well, on a blog, gallery or webshop. Instagram is easy to browse without account but I don't know how to save pictures from there (https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/ロリータファッション)
>>
Which shopping services will buy off of mercari?
>>
>>9325234
>Instagram is easy to browse without account but I don't know how to save pictures from there
Inspect element is your friend
>>
>>9325236
Japonica Market.
>>
I'm insanely worried about sweating on my dress.
Long, light colored chiffon sleeves, completely see-through.
Wearing a skin-colored t-shirt would still be visible through the sleeves.
Is my only hope to wear a long-sleeved, skin-colored shirt under the dress? There must be a better solution.
>>
what makes a blouse "normie", and why are offbrand blouses often considered not lolita? I often see negative comments on coords with just regular white blouses (regular as in sharp collar, no frills/lace, etc)
>>
>>9328098
You pretty much answered your own question there:
>sharp collar, no frills/lace, etc
Small details are very important in lolita, even the most plain classic lolita blouse will have a bit of lace and a well designed collar (peter pan or otherwise) to make it look good when worn with a lolita dress.
"Normie" blouses are often too plain and have design features that don't suit the aesthetic; pointed collars for example may work in gothic lolita but the standard sized collars that are often seen in normie fashion will look too basic for lolita most of the time. That's not to say that it's impossible to find nice offbrand blouses but you have to be closely familiar with what to look for and what to avoid, and that usually comes with experience.
>>
>>9301264
Jfc.
>>
>>9302686
Because fuck you.
>>
>>9306809
vaporwave
>>
>>9328098
Because blouses without any details just don't look that good with Lolita dresses. Even if you want to go casual without looking like a total frill monster, there should be some frill or a jabot or at least a very unusual collar or sleeves etc. I do own one "normie" blouse that I've worn with a lolita style skirt before and I think it didn't look too off, but that blouse has a super frilly and lacey jabot.
>>
>>9328098
The sharp collar looks bad, it obviously doesn't suit the lolita aesthetic at all. Normie blouses with a peter pan collar can look good with lolita but a lot of people just aren't used to seeing something with less frills and lace
>>
>>9325236
Momoirokumasan
>>
How do I find cute ゴスロリ's to befriend / creep on? I tried to join a group on Facebook once, but they didn't let me in.
>>
>>9328363
Buy me brand and you won't need facebook
>>
Is it very common for girls to crossplay as more masculine guys that aren't seen as fangirl-worthy?
>>
Where do i go for fairy kei pastel wigs that arent an arm and a leg to buy, and will fit a bit bigger head?
Hime, wavy straight cut bangs, and fluffy double bun wigs preferred.
>>
>>9325132
Most of my inspo folder is stuff I've got on tumblr (without an account), stuff from /cgl/ inspo dump threads, stuff saved off CoF, and (since I like oldschool) stuff from old magazine scans and shop blogs, with the odd bit from elsewhere on the net, like lolibrary stock photos, Tokyofashion, Lookbook or Japanese lolitas' Twitter.
>>
>>9298480
Modesty is about whether the dress you're wearing fits, the reason some tall girls look like shit is because they try to wear AP salopettes that look short even on girls of 5'2". You can be tall and modest even in sweet if you choose dresses you know will be long enough to at least approach your knees.
>>
>>9298480
As a tall lolita, I just don't buy dresses that I know would be too short. Yeah it sometimes rules out sweet, and I've had to cut down on my dream dress list, but it's better to know when you don't look good. Underskirts only work for some dresses, and rarely in sweet, only half the time in classic.
>>
Is there more military sweet lolita, kind of like Bodyline's military sweets?
>>
File: IMG_3957.jpg (71KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3957.jpg
71KB, 550x733px
What's this type of fashion called? I googled "fairy-kei" to get to this, but this seems too simple to be spank or fairy.
I really like "pastel vomit" and kind of want a label I guess for coords like these.
>>
>>9330562
This is OTT fairy kei, more western styled than Japanese.
>>
File: loyal rosette.jpg (232KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
loyal rosette.jpg
232KB, 595x842px
Has the Loyal Rosette print been designed by Imai Kira?
>>
>>9330762
No.
>>
>>9330461
AP has military inspired ops and jsks.
Holy night story and coat of arms tartan are great examples.
>>
>>9317356
La Carmine: the original Hello Batty
>>
>>9321200
Update in regards to package:

Shopping service stated that the packages she sent that were to go through the Los Angeles sorting facility stopped updating (7 packages including mine) but the other packages she has mailed out from Japan to other destinations in the US have already made it to the addressee (she mailed a lot of packages on 12/31 at once).

The shopping service filed claims for the 7 packages she sent through Japan Post and is waiting to hear back. Should I still keep my hopes up? Or is that package screwed?
>>
I was recently diagonsed with an autoimmune disease that makes me extremely photosensitive, and my rheumatologist has told me that I HAVE to wear UPF clothing or I'll get sick.

I haven't really been able to be active in my local comm lately because this has basically crippled my social life, but I'd really like to wear lolita again and feel happy.

Anyway, I usually wear a pair of UPF50+ leggings under my skirts but haven't ever found a very good way to make them look good. They're plain white leggings but they look a bit bulky. Could I try wearing some cute patterned socks or something over top of them?
>>
>>9331173

Tea length skirts + boots
Tea length skirts + leggings, socks and shoes

Key is nobody sees your fug leggings showing in between your socks and skirt. I guess if you count the socks as UPF50+ you could skip the leggings.
(I mean, I'm assuming the leggings are an issue because they're fug)

Otherwise you could do:
short skirt, leggings, short boots, or
short skirt, leggings, ankle cuffs covering the transition to ankle socks, then shoes

If you really want to go with patterned socks over leggings, make sure both the socks and leggings are exactly matching. It's generally the unexpected colour in between your skirt and socks that makes people go wtf.
>>
>>9331173
You don't need it to look good, only mediocre. Wear a hijab with all your cover-up gear and instantly increase asskissing comments and likes.
>>
I'm looking for a place to start. I went through the CoF thread and picked out my favourites:

>>9325893 Minus the platforms
>>9325897
>>9327391
>>9327948
>>9328192 Minus the headdress
>>9328792 Minus the veil and maybe shorter gloves
>>9329003
>>9329887
>>9331109
>>9327936 With the coat

Based on that, is there a particular style I seem to like? Something I should research first?
>>
Is Wunderwelt shit at measuring garments or is ETC really that small ?

Also, what would be ideal measurements to fit ETC in general ? The shorts are cute but they look way smaller that Axes Femme.

Finally, is there a brand that sells male clothing in a style similar to ETC ? I finally got a bf who is as excited as me about fashion
>>
>>9331314
Seems you like simple classic hybrids. I'd look at Innocent World, they have this sort of classic vibe that could swing otome, sweet, gothic, etc.
>>
>>9331314
Yeah, classic and variants of it.
Innocent world, atelier pierrot, certain baby the star shines bright/alice and the pirate pieces.
>>
File: 1 - Alice Trump.jpg (131KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1 - Alice Trump.jpg
131KB, 720x960px
>>9331320
I own pic related and is quite big, NOT plus-size but easily could fit a max 80 cm waist and 100 bust. The thing with ETC is that rarely cames with shirring, so if your measurements are bigger than the clothes there is no possible way you'll fit.
My measurements are roughly 80-bust and 60-waist, and the ETC dresses I own are BIG on me. I'd say the ideal is like 95-bust and 75-waist.
>>
>>9331320
I don't disagree with other anon but it depends on the year/collection. I have a few ETC dresses that wouldn't fit someone with a 75cm waist. I fit those dresses but I'm scared to buy their shorts because of my butt. I would like to know how trustworthy ww measurements are as well.
>>
Is Minky Shop an okay re-seller?
>>
>>9331323
>>9331330
Thanks. I'll look into it.
>>
Where do people get their wigs from?
>>
How does one hang a halter neck dress in their closet?
>>
>>9331343
I agree. I have an older unshirred ETC OP that is definitely very very snug on me to the point of being uncomfortable and I fit for example unshirred AP with no problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 480x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 480x307px
>>9331472
Fold it over a hanger or get one of these.
>>
>>9331472
You could use clip type hangers instead of normal ones. I prefer to sew in ribbon loops on my halter dresses, but thats just because I like that it looks more uniform in my closet.
>>
Is Maxicimam considered ita?
>>
What year was AP's Queen Playing Cards jsk released? all source links are hellolace..not helpful
>>
>>9325132
Personally I use Pinterest bc I don't really care abt sourcing images but if you do then it's not for you
>>
>>9331835
Depends on the design, some are better than others. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong about the brand though, it's just not very popular.
>>
>>9332226
Did you mean this? http://lolibrary.org/apparel/queen-trump-jsk
>>
>>9331835
Ít's one of those brands thats great for beginners, casual days and budget lolita's, like Putumayo.
>>
>>9331173
I have lupus and usually do fine with my 50 spf sunscreen. I always try to bring my parasol or an umbrella when I know I'll be outside. There are some upf parasols out there. I mean they're not cute and frilly but could those work?
>>
>>9331835
No.
>>
this is probably silly, but does the lace on your accessories have to match the lace on your main piece? i'm not talking color as much as i am materials. say your main piece has a soft embroidered tulle lace--would it be passe to coordinate it with wristcuffs of a more solid lace, like torchon or eyelet?

maybe i'm overthinking this
>>
>>9300659
I've gotten nickel free even off of ali, you should be able to find something

>>9301469
antaina

>>9301475
maxicimam should do a number of different styles? someone has recommended them already but in a reply not to you

>>9302431
hoop skirts only for really heavy dresses or if you're dying from heat stroke in pettis

>>9304230
that is a hoop skirt and there are more replies about them to the other post I just replied to right above

>>9307679
IG facebook as suggested above, and rakuten as suggested above. in the US you will probably not be able to find too much

>>9313479
this shirt is fucking excellent, soft, beautiful, get it

>>9314116
bunny house, melikestea, malco modes, basiclove if you find one secondhand

>>9333552
you're overthinking this a little. no one will probably really notice, but I also have to say I've seen a move away from wristcuffs recently (or I've just happened to see a lot of coords without wristcuffs). bracelets and shit or long sleeves work too
>>
>>9333552
I'm inclined to say that if you have a really delicate dress with lots of chiffon and such and then pair it with for example torchon lace wrist cuffs it might potentially look weird but I also think it would heavily depend on the specific materials. But then again I kind of also agree with the other anon who said nobody would probably really notice. Having the colors match well would eventually be more important than the materials. I think I'm overthinking this as well. In the end you won't know until you try it.
>>
Going to Japan in like 6 months and I'm trying to get an idea of what stores I should check out for cute clothes and shit, any suggestions? Not really sure where to start.
>>
>>9334177
"Cute clothes" is a very broad term, especially in jfash. Is there any specific style that you prefer?
>>
>>9334189
Yeah, sorry, I like mori kei and other laid back looks. Stuff that has a more vintage/simple vibe. But I wanna broaden my horizons so if you have any favorite shops I'd love to hear about them!
>>
where do I buy a good petticoat?
>>
>>9334410
Me Likes Tea and Classical Puppets are the two standards for a good petti for a good price. CP is a Taobao store so you'd need a shopping service - I've heard their pettis are on the decline but idk. I have two dailys that are very nice but my larger A-line is kind of lumpy/uneven. Good to get if you're already getting stuff from Taobao.

Me Likes Tea also gets recommended a lot, it's a Brazillian indie group. I don't have one myself but will probably get a larger bell from them as I only hear good things. (If there are negative things about them, someone speak up please)
>>
>>9334410
If you're looking for a cupcake petticoat, check out Wunderwelt's, it seems to be incredibly fluffy.
>>
>>9334192
fint, Franche Lippee, Axes Femme
>>
How i can search on auctions for Chocomint accessories, especially for their bangles and hair bows?I tried to use their katakana equivalent, the romanji but they won't show up. I just found a sold auction. I can find few items with the term "lolita" in katakana, but it's not enough and the term is too vague to find the items.
>mfw i would like to buy from Closet child but the shipping is too expensive for one or two bangles, like 18 euro for 3-5 euro bracelets.
>>
File: what.jpg (34KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
34KB, 450x600px
is this a replica??? can't find exact cut anywhere else and lace looks off
>>
>>9334432
Only negatives I've heard about Me Likes Tea are that the shipping from Brazil is ridiculous and they get booked up a lot, so it can take a very long time for pettis to get made.
>>
>>9335438
Is the print Dreamy Dollhouse? It looks like a mash of pastels in this pic so I can't really tell for sure. If it is then that's definitely a replica: The lace does look wonky but other than that, there are only two different JSK cuts and neither of them looks like this.
>>
Are there any brands that regularly produce their OPs with shirring?
>>
>>9335773
Metamorphose,physical drop, moi meme moitie, maxicimam, enchantlic enchantilly
>>
>>9335801
Thank you, based anon. I hadn't even heard of physical drop yet and for some reason was under the impression that moitie was a brand for really thin and slender people.
>>
>>9334722
eh, what? wunderwelt is a second hand shop, have they suddenly started making pettis themselves now?

>>9334432
>>9335440
CP is not good at all anymore as per a large number of stories (some still seem to get lucky but the gamble isn't worth it), MLT was completely fine for me and shipping really isn't that much for 2 pettis (which you'll probably want anyway especially if just starting). you missed Bunny House, and I actually listed petti makers higher up anyway >>9333576

>>9335881
I guess moitie does make a number of unshirred etc pieces so your idea isn't completely off
AP has done a lot of shirring too recently, on the sweet side
>>
>>9335438
The lace looks really wonky. The rest looks decent though.
As fas as I know there was only a replica of the skirt made I've never seen a replica JSK.
Might be a special Set? Unfortunatly google neither gives info on a replica nor a special set.
>>
>>9335894
I don't know if WW manufacture the petticoats themselves but they do have brand new ones for sale on their website. It's still very new so I don't think there are any reviews yet but judging by the photos, it looks promising.
>>
What's wrong with pastel twintail wigs? I think they're cute but I don't want to be an ita.
>>
>>9335906
I think the problem is that often, girls choose wigs that are poor quality and/or don't flatter their skintone, so they end up dragging down the quality of their coord. The cut and colour combo also tends to look rather cartoony/costume-ish. When in doubt, it's so much easier to go with a natural colour. Otherwise, there is nothing inherently wrong with them, it's just preferences.
>>
>>9335438
it's on wunderwelt too. But I can't find this cut anywhere else https://www.wunderwelt.jp/products/w-18065
>>
>>9335438
Try ironing it, that would probably make it look less wonky.
>>
I used Japonica as my ss to ask information about sizing before buying items with no size listed. I wanted to ask the seller if the full elastic waist gingham skirt was confortable for a 71 cm waist, i mean asking the max waist size when stretched, because the flat size is 60 cm. I thought it was an important question before to buy because i have sensory issues about what i put on my waist (i hate skirts that have hard elastic) but the seller responded very rude saying "buyers that are insistent to ask question would be blocked from the seller".I'm so pissed off about this and i feel to not buy from that seller.
Anyone had a similar experience? I hate when sellers never say the max waist size.
>the item in question is not lolita, it's a Honeys skirt
>>
>>9335909
Oh, okay. Do you know where I can get high quality ones?
>>
are chokers ita? i'm not talking about the ddlg heart collars, tattoo chokers, or obvious bondage chokers. i mean like a simple ribbon around the neck, or some lace and ribbon or something. are bells too far?

help my neck feels so naked in this OP
>>
>>9336170
What OP? What's wrong with wearing a necklace? Bells would be really out of place unless it fit with the coord, like a cat-themed one or if bells were a part of the rest of the outfit already.
>>
>>9336170
There are definitely some nice chockers out there that would go with lolita. Please absolutely no bells though. I recommend looking up as many brand chockers as you can and getting something that matches the aesthetic, if not outright buying a brand one.
>>
>>9336170
It is if your choker is ita
>>
>>9335438
I found this cut in black. It was listed on LolitaDesu as a 2010 special edition, although its not on lolibrary. Could be legit. The buttons on the jsk match the OP ones.

Where is the mint being sold?
>>
>>9336188
It was on yahoo auctions, but the auction ended earlier today, I didn't bid just I case it was a replica. Whoops
>>
Is there a list of goodJfash brands/online stores? I'minterested in getting into casual Jfash but I know nothing about it.
>>
>>9337146
What kind of style are you looking into? There's more than one "casual" style.
>>
File: HeartPrintHighWaistJSK-black.jpg (22KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
HeartPrintHighWaistJSK-black.jpg
22KB, 300x400px
I recently purchased the Metamorphose Crown Label Heart Print Highwaist JSK and now I'm confused about how to properly wear it with a petticoat. Every attempt so far made me look like a walking Christmas tree. Is there any good guide talking about how to handle these babydoll-style dresses? I mean, I know there's more than one of them...
>>
>>9337436
Larme Kei looks pretty interesting but theres a thread with information on that. I don't know anything about Jfash, is there a list of different sytles? I don't really know what sort of style I'm interested in yet.
>>
Does anyone know some brands with really adorable lingerie (like Fifi Chachnil)? Got some money to spend and I want to get underwear and PJs to match my lolita aesthetic.

>>9337146
normie or alt?
>>
>>9337484
http://glitter-puffs.blogspot.de/2012/12/all-japanese-fashion-styles.html
This guide looks like a good start, although it's a bit old, so the general trends inside the fashion styles have probably changed.
There's also this one: http://blog.fromjapan.co.jp/en/fashion/a-beginners-guide-to-japanese-fashion-subcultures-for-girls-part-1.html
and this one: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/basic-guide-to-japanese-street-fashion
>>
>>9337492
normie
>>9337498
I liked Mori Gal and Otome Kei. Are there any good brands that sell that stort of stuff?
>>
>>9337977
Don't know shit about Mori, but typical Otome brands as far as I know are Axes Femme, Emily Temple Cute, And Rouge, Leur Getter, Milk,...
There's also Lolita dresses that can be dressed "down" to Otome esthetics and some stuff that is seen as "Lolita" in Japan is rather regarded Otome in the West.
>>
>>9338210
Thanks I'll have a look at them, are there any resellers/online shops other than the official ones?
>>
I wear toned down sweet lolita, but recently I've found myself falling in love with many gothic pieces. What can I do to kind of bridge the divide and start including more gothic into my wardrobe?
>>
>>9337440
Use a lower-poof a-line petti and wear it so that the petticoat ends at the hem of the dress.

Mine is a victoriangirldress petti that's about three years old, so pretty mild poof, but not flat by any means.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.