[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

old thread reached limit. >>9273462 I am looking forward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 105

File: twoprinces.jpg (148KB, 954x528px) Image search: [Google]
twoprinces.jpg
148KB, 954x528px
old thread reached limit. >>9273462

I am looking forward to good cosplay of the Gala Exhibition outfits.
>>
>when newfags try to make a thread
>>
Baozi and Hana will probably be first in line for it, they're pretty good about that sort of thing and Bao already owned Victor's outfit.

>tfw watched it live and watching the subs today
My heart isn't ready for this.
>>
Anyone got recs for a Mila wig? I'm seriously struggling to find anything in a good color.
>>
What do you all prefer when it comes to making the outfits? As someone who has done dance for many many years a lot of the outfits worn for shows are very costume-y material-wise. I've noticed the same for some figure skating outfits as well. Would you rather it be of costume quality or cosplay quality?
i.e.
>costume-y look (maybe not with cheap materials)
>cosplay look (heavier quality fabrics, more constructive and practical)

Hopefully this makes sense.
>>
>>9296712

I like both. I like items to fall into two categories when it comes to real life.

*it looks exactly like it would in show
*it looks like it would in real life

Both can look really good if your interpretation follows through.

I think in your case you have to think about the audience. If you do the costumey look it's going to look like it would IRL but may look out of place in cosplay. If you do the cosplay look it will look at home at a con and in photos but might not look like it would on the ice.

I'd do the cosplay look. Photos are kinda forever.
>>
>>9296726
I understand that completely! I definitely want to use high quality materials to make it look more like I would any other cosplay but I think it's funny how most dance costumes are very cheap looking to account for mobility and comfort on stage (or in this case on ice). Cheap velvet, crappy tulle, etc. versus netting or expensive velvet or whatever else you'd use.

I'll be making Yuuri's exhibition outfit so I wanted to get a little input on how most people would approach it. Definitely going to give it some bling re: glittery fabrics I wouldn't normally use though.
>>
File: Freeskateback.jpg (227KB, 954x528px) Image search: [Google]
Freeskateback.jpg
227KB, 954x528px
>>9296756

Yeah you get what I was saying.

I forgot to add that as you know, stage things are meant to look good from far away.
I remember being backstage and the crazy accentuated make up people would have to put on just to look "normal" in stage lights.

So I think in that respect I would also go with a designing for up close cause cosplay is seen from 5 ft away not 30 ft away.

So I'd make it look good stellar for the crowd you have, which is right there and up close which means finer beading and less chunky materials. Large confetti dot might be great for the stage but glitter dot would look better up close.
>>
>Yuri on Ice
>it's actually about yaoi

Most blatant case of false advertising I've ever seen
>>
>>9296756
>Yuuri's exhibition outfit
I think a designer actually made that outfit and they did super HD photos of it for reference. I might be confusing it for another of Yuri's outfits though.
>>
File: 1481579948896.jpg (436KB, 900x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1481579948896.jpg
436KB, 900x1096px
>>9296910
Maybe you mean the Free Skate outfit.
They was an event that Kubo attended where they had Yuri's FS costume
>>
>>9296879
Yeah but figure skating isn't quite the same as being on stage. Competitions are generally filmed and then aired on TV so skaters aren't really going to be wanting costumes that look cheap up close. They also don't have stage lights to deal with, everything is brightly lit so they don't have to accentuate details. Good quality skating costumes can cost up to $5000, those aren't going to be made from cheap fabrics.
>>
I really want to cosplay Yuri on Ice but I'm Minami's height. I feel like that leaves him (and Yuko) my only choices when it comes to cosplaying anyone from the show. Should I just give up?
>>
>>9297238
of course not! most of the time, when you get pics taken, the height won't really be relevant, and if you're really so worried about it, you can get yourself some shoe lifts
>>
>>9296538
Get a light chestnut-auburn color wig and dye it with alcohol and red sharpies.
>>
>>9296726
>>9296726

Have you seen some of the high end skating costumes? Ive been lucky enough to see and handle some of the costumes you get at top shows and competitions, and the materials can, depending on the source, be very high quality, and be very high detailed, while having the right pop to work on the ice. They're glitzy and while 'costumey' I can't see why you can't have with this cosplay accurate costumes considering that the series has real skating costumes as a basis.
>>
File: tumblr_ohzx0pVtia1ty4cy5o1_500.png (263KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohzx0pVtia1ty4cy5o1_500.png
263KB, 500x404px
>>9297308
Yep, high end skating costumes are usually very detailed and very well made.
For example this >>9296937 probably isn't an accurate recreation of what Yuri's jacket would look like in real life. It looks like it's been done quite quickly and cheaply, they opted to go with rhinestones as opposed to more intricate beading.
Compare it to the back of Shoma's jacket in the photo. Obviously they are different designs but the difference in quality is pretty clear. This jacket has had a lot more detail and work put into it and is up to the standard of what most of the top skaters are wearing.
So, if you wanted to make a costume as true to life as possible this is the kind of standard to be aiming for. Though I'm guessing most people really wouldn't be keen to do that as it would take a lot of time and effort and expense...
>>
>>9297351
>beading

I don't think I've ever seen beads used on the figure skating outfits.
>>
>>9297377
Ive seen beading, sequins, rhinestones, detailed pleating of chiffon, layered fabrics, and all sorts. As an anon said earlier, top end skating costumes can be extremely expensive. Even a single, not super complex custom dress from Hot Ice would cost around £500 about ten years ago, back when I was still in the loop. The tailoring skills are really high, getting that mix of perfect fit while giving skaters a max amount of movement. A skating costume for competitions etc will not be made from stiff, heavy fabrics. Chiffon will be used for skirts or floaty details etc.
>>
>>9297351
Yuuri's costume was designed by an actual figure skating fashion designer, who confirmed in interview that his jacket would have been made with rhinestones.

> https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/11/09/behind-the-scenes-of-yuri-on-ices-costume-design-4/

Beading would also be a beautiful choice for cosplay, but Rhinestones are accurate.
>>
>>9297351
This isn't a cosplay. It's from an exhibition where the designer of the YoI skating outfits made a mock up, I think based more on her original design than on the adaptions for animation that were made.
>>
>>9297451
Usually skating costumes use rhinestones as opposed to beading. It's a lot easier to replace a missing rhinestone than missing beads. Plus a lot of times skaters will buy a plain costume and bedazzle it themselves.
>>
>>9297483
I was meaning in general that they can be used, rather than specifically in reference to certain specific YOI costumes.

>>9297501
I agree about the rhinestones being easier but still not impossible for them to be used. Ive seen beading used on skirt sections of dresses to great effect, in fringes of sorts.

Ive never known skaters to bling things up themselves. Commissioning costumes from specific skating costume seamstresses is very common, especially once you start entering competitions.
>>
>>9297557
In lower tiers skater will often buy plain/practise dresses and glue rhinestones on. In my skating club we do this because we aren't good enough to justify spending hundreds on dresses but we still want to compete.
>>
File: 00008647.jpg (178KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
00008647.jpg
178KB, 800x592px
>>9297491
I know it's a mock up from exhibition. The designs for YoI were done by Chacott a company that makes figure skating costumes. But I think they made this more cheaply and quickly than they would an actual proper costume because it is just a mock up.

>>9297483
>>9297501
Ok, so I was wrong, I'm not an expert. Beading wasn't really right at all. But you can see from the article you linked that rhinestoning typically done is more detailed and complex than the job that has been done in the example.
>>
>>9297568
Fair enough. I think it also depends on where you are as well. When I used to skate, even the fairly lower tier competitors would commission people for things. The big difference was what standard of seamstress you went to.
>>
>>9297596
Yeah definitely, I'm in the UK and the rink we practise at is two hours away from us, plus the shop attached to it is bad and overpriced so our options are pretty limited lol.

Anywho, do you guys reckon we'll see any of the girls skating in season 2/OVA? Mila is calling my name to cosplay but I want to do something a little more detailed than her practise clothes.
>>
>>9297979
right? I really want to see the girls skate, too! I think it would rejuvenate some of my interest in the series, esp after that lackluster ending... I would love to make a cute, blinged-to-hell skating dress for a female friend of mine!
>>
figure skater here. highest jump is up to double flip and best spin is up to death drop.
anything you gulls are wondering?
>>
>>9298468
Is it hopeless if I want to learn at 22, even just for funsies?
>>
>>9298503
Not the figure skater that you was asking, but I can answer. 22 isn't too old to start learning to skate, but it's too old to get to the upper levels, I'm afraid. The top competitors at Worlds etc are around your age or younger. it's rare to see someone at the top in their 30s. Plushenkos a rarity. However, that said, by no means are you too old to start learning.
>>
>>9298468
Which jump is the hardest to take off from?

What's the hardest foot work to pull off? Easiest?
>>
>>9298556
The axel is as a whole the hardest jump to perform, technically speaking, as you have further round to rotate in the air, as its from a forward take off. I think what individual skaters find the most difficult though varies from skater to skater. The top ladies only go as far as triple jumps, but the top guys get up to quads.
>>
File: tumblr_oinwxbtZRZ1r8ygp5o2_1280.png (2MB, 920x1516px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oinwxbtZRZ1r8ygp5o2_1280.png
2MB, 920x1516px
wtf is happening in this photo
>>
>>9299034
We're sleeping, silly.
>>
>>9299034
It's supposed to be that but where Viktor makes Yuri take a nap except pretty sure Viktor was in his coach outfit and no idea why they're not laying down. Just more teenage girls trying to be sexy dressed as dudes and missing the mark by a long shot
>>
>>9298556
for take off, axel and maybe salchow. Axel because you have to step forward and jump which is the only jump that has an entry like that, and salchow because if you don't time yourself properly, your jump will be way off. Not really as much for singles with these, but more when you start doing doubles.
For foot work, that varies person to person. Loops are incredibly hard to master, and work into a program without it being awkward. Mostly anything above intermediate moves is applying techniques you've learned and is moving off from the basics, and are super difficult, testing and program wise.
>>
>>9298503
I'm a junior coach at my rink; and I have a 40 year old in my ultimate class, meaning she's passed all the basic skills testing. She knows that she isn't going to be competing much anytime soon, but she enjoys herself doing it. I say go for it anon! If you get good enough, adult synchronized skating is fun.
>>
Diff anon here but you guys are encouraging. I never got to take lessons as a kid and I wondered if being older than 25, I'd be at a bad level to practice anything further than just going forwards and backwards. I want to learn a jump someday, not even to compete but just to be able to feel accomplished. I know that could take years but I feel like I can keep going now that I'm an adult who can afford a new hobby.
>>
>>9299799
that's a great goal! if you truly push yourself, you'll be able to do it anon. someone I know is doing double axels and she's been skating for four years, because she comes to the rink so much. and she always has! by the end of her first year she was doing waltz jumps, which are the basic one leg to the other jump. I believe in you anon!
>>
>>9299799
Go for it! Good luck as well. Another thing I'll recommend is try to work on leg strength and flexibility. That will help with various moves, including spirals. It can be surprisingly hard to get your leg up high enough with the added weight of the skates on for even a basic spiral.
>>
>>9298544
So is it too old to compete? Obvious it wouldn't at the top levels, as you said, but, say, events for novices or the like?
>>
i feel like this has been asked already but i'm really slim but with a big enough bust that i cant get it flat in a spandex suit. would doing a female eros just be stupid?
>>
>>9299966
As long as your craftsmanship was good I don't see why anyone would have a problem. Eros is meant to be androgynous in any case.
>>
Already sick of the fatty cosplayers. Victor literally said if you're fat you can't skate. You'd think that would deter the piggies but nope. I can't stand the obese cosplaying from sports anime.
>>
>>9300344
I can give them a pass with fat Yuri, even if it's the laziest cosplay since L, but any other character or version is a big wtf nope. Not as bad I guess as extremely obese kids cosplaying AoT scouts whenin the series they slaughtered 100K people so the rest wouldn't starve.
>>
>>9300351
I've already seen fat Eros!Yuri. I wanted to gouge out my eyes. I've also seen fat Yurios (He's the thinnest fucking character!) and a fat Chris.
>>
>>9299856
novice is an incredibly high level, but if you started with low competition tiers it would work. I would go to the nearest skating club and start basic skills before you even think of competition.
>>
>>9300372
>already seen fat Eros!Yuri. I wanted to gouge out my eye
Any chance their crystals were Christmas ornaments?
>>
>>9300375
I'm just looking to get an idea of how far I could realistically go with such a late start. Thanks though.
>>
>>9300372
>>
>>9300386
>>
THE PHOTOSHOP.
>>
>>9300389
I am frightened
>>
>>9296228
I'm really confused by the fabric of the Gala outfits. What type of material is the jacket made out of? It has to be opaque enough to not be muted by the black shirt underneath but still semi sheer when light shines thru it. I checked a couple of differen types of chiffon but nothing was cutting it.
>>
>>9300386
That makeup is so bad

Why do people do whore makeup for male characters

>>9300387
And then there's He-Man, with circle lenses but no makeup at all.

>>9300389
This makes me uncomfortable but it's still better than the previous two somehow.
>>
>>9300163
i was thinking about making it a skirt like how all the girls have it, or would it be better to just do as is?
>>
>>9299810
I'm trying! I go 2-3 times a week now, usually between 2-3 hours each time, and I've already lost seven pounds in the past month. Thank you! I'm not giving it up!!

>>9299837
Thank you!! You guys are so kind. I'll try incorporating more leg work. I started doing squats and sit-ups again. Any good workout techniques? Every time I looked online I saw things about hockey moves but they felt... wrong?
>>
>>9300504
Some ballet-style and ballet based workouts are useful for leg strength and flexibility. A lot of them only need you to have a chair for balance as well so not a lot of equipment
>>
>>9300381
It varies from skater to skater how far you can progress. Your best bet is to start off with the basics as the other Anon says. Don't try to run before you can walk.
>>
>>9300387
>suddenly feel tons better about my own cosplay

For my 'Murica anons, anyone else having the dilemma of the Russian jackets right now? To wear or not to wear?
>>
>>9300813
No one cares most people won't know what it is.
>>
>>9300664
Got it. Having that direction will be easier to search for. Thanks!
>>
>>9300442
IMO I'd go with a skirt, and use black (sheer) tights underneath. Sheer, just because it's sexier and would go with the theme?

Otherwise it could end up looking like you were just lazy about your chest and obviously you don't want that.
>>
File: IMG_7589.jpg (66KB, 468x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7589.jpg
66KB, 468x594px
>>9300442
>>9301099
Eros even looks pretty similar to this
>>
>>9301149
Yeah, this looks nice! I think as long as the pants are tighter it should be fine. Yuri's are a bit looser, but to make it clearly feminine you'd want them tight.
>>
Would it be crazy to make the pants on Victor's Weird inspired costume out of stretch velvet? Weir's are made out of velvet and its pretty common for figure skating pants to be made of velvet, but it doesn't look like velvet in the scene with him.
>>
>>9305225
desu i think making any of these costumes out of velvet is fine as long as it's good quality. It's a super super common material for costumes like this, and it would be hard for them to animate it to look like velvet anyway.
>>
I just came back from a con and most of the yoi cosplayers were the types that had no business being as conceited as they were. Feels bad man.
>>
>>9306021
Do tell.
>>
File: victor ref.png (2MB, 1446x842px) Image search: [Google]
victor ref.png
2MB, 1446x842px
>>9305674
What about making the blue parts with velvet too/with just those as velvet and the pants as a regular sport material? They don't look like velvet, but I think it could look nice. Maybe I'm crazy.
>>
>>9306034
Cakey makeup, bad fabric, lazy "me first!!!" cosplays, people walking around on ice skates with the guards on (have fun skating on fucked up skates), HORRIBLE WIGS, and the girl running most of the events was guiltg of all of these with the exception of the skates. There was an event friday night that was pretty off the chain, but the meet on saturday was cringy. If anyone ever posts clear photos i'll grab them.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-01-22h59m34s529.png (962KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-01-22h59m34s529.png
962KB, 1280x738px
Does anybody have any idea what backpack Yuuri's wearing in pic related? Or what search terms to find one similar to it?
>>
>>9306077
I think this is the most similar thing I could find
>https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Multifunctional-PU-Leather-Backpack-Men-Backpack-Fashion-Male-School-Backpack-Travel-Bag-Large-Casual-Rucksack-Big/32735824472.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.27.vhftqv&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_0_10065_10068_10000009_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10062_10056_10055_503_10054_10059_10099_10078_501_10079_426_10103_10073_10102_10096_10052_10050_10107_10051_10106,searchweb201603_0,afswitch_5&btsid=3fb14982-418f-4217-93c1-17e3070f3059

I just searched "black male backpack". Its not the same but you could try alter it?
>>
>>9306077
It looks like a duffel bag styled backpack, you could try "zip top" or "barrel backpack" too.

This one isn't as black as the one in the anime but it kinda the right idea: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Large-capacity-man-travel-bag-outdoor-mountaineering-backpack-men-bags-hiking-camping-canvas-bucket-shoulder-bag/32314633961.html

Not as sporty but closer: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Man-Backpacks-Leather-Brand-Men-Travel-Bags-Casual-Duffel-Bag-Vintage-Man-Bag-Laptop-Bag-School/32685454187.html

Knowing YOI it's probably based on some super expensive sport brand bag but these are kinda close.
>>
File: edgelordpuppy.jpg (1MB, 3000x1952px) Image search: [Google]
edgelordpuppy.jpg
1MB, 3000x1952px
Dear Agape Yurios out there, feathers are hard to make look right. You'd have to fluff and preen them so they don't look sparse and cheap.
Better to go with feather shaped fabric in various translucent and opaque white fabrics.
It will have a feathery look that moves right but without the cheap look of subpar feathers.
>>
>>9306051
>people walking around on ice skates with the guards on
And here I thought most cons had sense enough to ban them.
>>
>>9306188
Agreed.
>>
File: G708_A.jpg (108KB, 1000x1180px) Image search: [Google]
G708_A.jpg
108KB, 1000x1180px
>>9306049
Hrmm... I think it could go either way.

I tried to find an example on a real costume, but stuff exactly like that isn't 'trendy' right now so I can't find a good pic, but you can kinda see how the types of fabrics will look together here.

You could maybe do the undershirt (the darker blue) in velvet and then the lighter blue in another material (such as a matte spandex maybe) to create some interesting texture differences, with the silver being some kind of metallic spandex to retain the stretchiness across the body?
>>
>>9306188
I thought so too? I was really confused as to how they got away with it.
>>
>>9306370
It's likely they slipped them past prop check.
>>
>>9306373
The con I was at this weekend didn't seem to even have a prop check. I walked around with a giant prop all weekend and was never stopped by anyone.

>>9306051
I feel like I know what con you're talking about and boy am I glad I didn't end up going to the meets. I don't understand how people can't at least style their wigs but no, twenty visible black bobby pins on a white wig is perfectly fine!
>>
>>9306376
Ikkicon. The skating meetup was fun, but everything else was sub-par.
>>
File: 20170102_114516.jpg (274KB, 579x702px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_114516.jpg
274KB, 579x702px
Something about the victor looks off and im not sure what it is.
>>
>>9306384
Who hosted the meet ups anyway?
>>
>>9306397
I don't know them, they were in victors performance costume with bobby pins in her wig.
>>
>>9306402
I saw them from afar on Friday but didn't realize they hosted. Did the cosplay look good at least?
>>
>>9306390
about 50 pounds off
>>
>>9306418
Eh.
>>
>>9306390
Actually not being a fatty hater, but other anon is right. his face isn't angled enough. Aside from that it looks pretty good, surprisingly enough, but the round face really takes away from it.
>>
>>9306049
With a skating costume you do not want non stretch velvet. Honestly.
>>
>>9306423
Post pics if you find any at least. I want to see just so I know what to do/not do when I make the outfit. Did it look cheap or something?
>>
>>9306431
I hope/think that they mean stretch velvet.

Hopefully nobody would ever try to make any costume out of non-stretch velvet, holy shit.
>>
>>9306432
Not cheap, just rushed. And if i do find any, i'll provide.
>>
I'm currently staring at my fabric and patterns for Eros and I'm drawing a complete blank, my mind has shut down.

Should I try to sew together the pieces of different fabrics to create the pattern pieces for my bodice (for example, should I create the front and back pieces separately with the different fabrics, and then sew them together, creating seams on the sides) or should I try to keep the pieces as continuous as possible and just have weird curvy diagonal seams, without any side seams?

I knew this was going to be complicated, but I didn't think i'd have this much trouble making sense of it.
>>
>>9306438
I hope so as well. Skating costumes is one of the places definitely where non stretch velvet is never a good option.
>>
>>9306442
What I would suggest is making a mockup out of cheap stretch fabric that mimics the amount of stretch you're getting with your actual fabrics. Just follow your pattern in this step, side seams and all. Don't make the cutouts yet. Once you have a mockup, you can draw on the lines between the different areas (use your dressform or get a friend to help if you don't have a form). Then you can cut the mockup apart into pieces. Don't rip any seams before cutting the pieces. At this point you can lay each piece out that happens to fall on a seam of your mockup, and see if you need a seam there in your finished piece. If the piece lies flat, you probably don't need the seam. Hope that makes sense.
>>
>>9306390
The fabric choices on this look off. It just doesn't look like a skating costume. The various bits of gold detailing also looks too heavy.
>>
>>9306439
What a shame. I don't understand rushing cosplays just so one can be the "first". I'd want it to look clean and perfected and if it isn't ready in time I'd rather just keep it for the next con. I'm a perfectionist though.
>>
>>9306450
TQ anon that makes perfect sense.
>>
>>9306451
Its the giant gold epaulettes that victor doesnt even have that threw me off right away.
>>
>>9306390
Cow nose ring.
>>
>>9306461
>that Viktor doesn't even have

While they ARE over sized

He does have them.
>>
>>9306471
Yes but they're also not circular with fringe.
>>
File: Nishigori_Family.png (212KB, 500x850px) Image search: [Google]
Nishigori_Family.png
212KB, 500x850px
Doing a group of the triplets, and I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a pair of shoes to match my blue vest.
Also didn't realize until I started getting the cosplay together the blue triplet's clothes were all different shades for some reason
>>
File: IMAG0284.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0284.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
One last question before I make a poor choice

Do you think it'd be alright for me to put this shiny stuff under the mesh? I gather that Yuri is supposed to have a bare arm, but honestly that's a lot of exposed skin and a lot of chances for slippage. Beecause of the animation it looks like there *could* be another fabric underneath but... ehhhh

Other option would be a skin-tone zentai under it, but I'm super pale and they don't come in my skin color so that also has the potential to look bad.
>>
>>9306500
Right, with skating costumes, when you see 'bare skin' in a costume, in a lot of cases except for arms (and even then it still might be the case), usually there will be a layer of nude tights type Lycra fabric. In real like, it rarely perfectly matches a skater's skintone. It's like on dancing costumes. It might be worth looking at more examples of real skating costumes first. Zentai costume parts sounds a bad idea.
>>
File: yurionidiots.png (17KB, 864x151px) Image search: [Google]
yurionidiots.png
17KB, 864x151px
taking bets on when one of these fujos turns suddenly and puts a gash in somebody's skull with their skates. or causes thousands of dollars of damage to hotel carpets.

>katsu floors ruined when??
>>
>>9306559
I wonder what con
>>
>>9306390
I don't like the wig, looks too much like scene/emo hair of years gone by. Think it's the fringe being feathered like that and the hair on the other side not being tucked behind the ears.
>>
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/10/12/behind-the-scenes-of-yuri-on-ices-costume-design/ A really useful article. The pink over jacket on Victor's costume confirmed here to be in georgette.
>>
>>9306447
>>9306438
Oh yeah, I don't mean regular velvet. That's too big of a hassle for me and wouldn't make sense anyway.
>>9306353
I think that could be an interesting idea. I was going to make a feather shapes to a pattern that fits my body then add a silver trim, then attach them all together. I think that the different blue colors being different fabrics is definitely an idea to play with.

Thanks for the input about it! I knew that velvet is a popular fabric for skating costumes, I just wanted to get more opinions on it.
>>
>>9306461
>>9306477
>>9306471

They should be these.
>>
>>9306823
Those look more accurate. I dont know what the other person was thinking.
>>
>>9306471
To me the epaulettes and braiding looks silver. I've been over the whole pair skate video, and I guess it could be lighting but they both look silver. Im planning this costume for Katsu, and now I'm second guessing....thoughts everybody?
>>
Every single one of these wigs...The red jacket one is the only passable wig but the others...
>>
>>9306856
No dudes whatsoever
>>
>>9306864
>expecting real men to cosplay yuri on ice
>>
>>9306856
>>9306864
>>9306868
I was at this meetup and I thought red jacket was a guy, but maybe I'm just stupid.
>>
>>9306864
>assumptions
>>
>>9306845
The pair skating is under different lighting, the details on Viktor's are gold and Yuri's are silver.

BTW if anyone needs different angle shots than are available on google for a cerain costume, let me know. I have folders of references for all of them that I scoured through each episode for frame by frame because... I have no life?
>>
>>9306907
That's awesome, anon! I know how difficult it is to find good angles of any costumes without rewatching the episodes and screen capping. I'm hoping I have enough for Yurio's free skate outfit.
>>
>>9306864
>>9306868
>>9306879
I also thought thd red jacket person was a guy, but i dont know. I know the one in blue and can confirm thats definitely a male.
>>
>>9306925
isn't that the child rapist
>>
Speaking of Ikkicon.
>>
>>9306856
Anon from way earlier, the one to the left of the one in the track suit was running the meet. I havent been paying attention to facebook today so i missed these.
>>
>>9306934
Ooh okay. I'll see if I can find any front facing photos or close ups. From far away it doesn't look bad.

I wish there were more Victor cosplayers who used lace fronts. I know they're expensive but from the few I've seen they've worked the best.
>>
>>9306946
Me too. I just ordered a lace front myself.
>>
>>9306948
What did you go with? My Victor is trying to make a decision but everything she wants to choose from is currently on backorder from Arda.
>>
>>9306953
Unfortunately, its arda. I hate that they are incapable of keeping their silver and grey wigs stocked, but i decided to just cave and get the cady and just wait for the backorder. The website says it should be ordered by late this month.
>>
>>9306962
I don't think it's that they're incapable, it's just that the wigs are so popular in that color with this anime and they probably didn't expect the flux of orders for that particular color. I'm a bit more peeved at the lack of restock for black wigs though...regardless of the anime, shouldn't those be a necessity??? I'll probably be going with the Cady for Yuri too. I hate how much I depend on Arda.
>>
>>9306969
If you just need a short black lacefront look into beauty sites for black ladies. They have very reasonably priced and natural looking lacefront wigs of natural colors
>>
>>9306973
I'll look into that!
>>
>>9306907
Actually I'm pretty sure victor's costume in the pair skates has silver trim- the gold rings and viktors skates still read as more gold than the trim on viktor & yuuri's costumes (which match each other perfectly. He's also changed to wearing a black shirt instead of white underneath.
>>
File: IMG_2123.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2123.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>9307006
I'm leaning that way too. I think he changed his costume a little bit to match in the pair skate. In all the screenshots I took from that scene they're pretty identical in color even accounting for lighting
>>
>>9307016
Yeah, I've been squinting at the screen shots this weekend because I'm thinking about doing yuuri's outfit and noticed that detail. Unrelated but for some reason the georgette jacket looks lighter where it's overlaid on the (black) shirt and darker over the (black) pants and it's kind of driving me crazy.
>>
File: 1482527431400.jpg (2MB, 2700x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1482527431400.jpg
2MB, 2700x1500px
>>9307047

I've been thinking that to get the right look a custom shirt that is black at the front, white at the where the jacket covers it and the sleeves and then black gloves.
>>
>>9307093
I considered that as well, adding hidden snaps or tacking along the front opening of the jacket so the white of the shirt doesn't show when things shift around but I'm going to have to play around with mock ups to make sure that doesn't make it drape unnaturally when I'm moving around. I think it was just a mistake by the animators but it really overcomplicates things if you're a stickler for accuracy...
>>
>>9307115
>>9307115

Oh yeah you are right, snaps or tacking the jacket in place might make it react oddly to movement.

New idea: Black shirt....but line the over jacket with white in the places it shows.
That way it can shift all it wants with no tell tale odd draping.
>>
>>9307270
Better to just keep it simple. These costumes were designed by a real skating costume designer, albeit slightly tweaked to work in terms of animation style. Keep it light, and simple. Even when fabrics are layered, they are kept light and mon bulky so as to not impede movement. Keep true yo the spirit of skating costumes where possible. Not only will you end up with a costume that's more true to the series, and also more true to real skating costumes, which I'll help with making the series costume look more authentic.
>>
File: 1481547087451.jpg (49KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1481547087451.jpg
49KB, 540x960px
>>9306828
Same thing this person was thinking.
>>
>>9306868
>>9306864
>>
>>9307809
Is that... Asherbee?
>>
>>9307819
Yep. Hopping on that bandwagon to get herself a seme girlfriend for her uguu uke self.
>>
>>9306481
this is such a cute idea omg good luck
>>
File: 0073670135621_500X500.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0073670135621_500X500.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>9306481
>and I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a pair of shoes to match my blue vest.

Get a white pair of those old lady velcro shoes and dye them with some angelus leather dye.
>>
>>9308147
and sharpie for the dark parts.
>>
>>9308147
oh man that would be a good idea.

I ended up getting a cheap pair of mizuno shoes though.
>>
Speaking of shoes, how about a thread of shoes to use at cons that look similar enough to ice skates?
>>
>>9308215
This. Please.
I just came from a con and I cringed at the choice of shoes almost everyone wore, especially for the skating outfits.
>>
File: Majorette-boots.jpg (314KB, 634x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Majorette-boots.jpg
314KB, 634x1006px
>>9308215
>>9308223

>how about a thread of shoes to use at cons that look similar enough to ice skates?

I think I came up with a solution!
My mum was a majorette back in the 50s or 60s and they wore very ice skatey looking boots.
I did a quick search and Majorette boots would DEFINITELY work.
>>
File: picture-3.png (91KB, 227x299px) Image search: [Google]
picture-3.png
91KB, 227x299px
>>9308425

funny enough my search also let me know ice skate look heels were walking the runways in 2011
>>
FYI: It's a safe assumption that costumes with black bottoms also cover the boots. That way you won't have to worry a lot about shoe shape and it's very common in ice skating anyway.
>>
>>9308464
I would rather see people with flat shoe shapes than with heels, though. Even if they're covered. The flat bottom of the shoe helps give off an appearance of ice skates while a heel (no matter how chunky it may be) just looks wrong. If it isn't covered correctly, anyway. I love some of the ones in >>9308425 reply.
>>
>>9306051
>ice skates with the guards on
is this the cosplayer you were talking about? I seriously hope they didn't walk around the hotel like this. Found it in Funimation's Ikkicon album.
>>
>>9308829
No, not them. They just had them on for the shoot, there was a yurio just walking around with them on during the day/night on friday. We also saw someone in rollerskates. The rollerskates seemed like a cute idea as long as youre not being stupid and running into everyone, they might have been asked to change though since i only saw them once. Probably something to do with ruining the floors.
>>
>>9308829
Now that's just asking for trouble to come along.
>>
>>9308840
I feel like for the shoot would still be too much at least for the skates. If they're your personal skates why would you even consider the chance of ruining them? Skates can get to be so expensive. At least they weren't wearing them around the hotel. Cute guards at least.

>roller skates
In an already crowded space...
>>
>>9308871
The person on rollerskates was just standimg around not acting retarded, they werent harming anyone (except maybe the floors), its not like they were haikyuu cosplayers tossing a ball around indoors.
>>
File: Untitled.png (867KB, 986x889px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
867KB, 986x889px
>>9308215
>>9308223
>>9308425

Just... flat granny boots.

They're not perfect, but they're widely available and cheap, plus they come in a lot of differing heights and exact shapes, so you can easily look for a pair that matches nicely.

Majorette boots like those are a bit hard to find, and they cost a lot more than regular shoes would. (Source: Am a majorette) Unless you get those alibaba ones, in which case, they're very likely to fall apart very quickly.
>>
>>9308829
that haircut looks awful on round chubby faces. I feel so bad when I see fat kids with them, but they thought this looked good?
>>
What seems to be the consensus on the gems on Yuri's Eros outfit? I'm nearing the end of the sewing process and I still haven't figured out what I want to make them out of. They seem 3D in the anime, but they also seem like they form to his body so I'm a little lost.
>>
>>9306049
was it ichibancon? i saw a lot of this shit there
>>
>>9309271
No consensus. Cheap/easier tier I would try plastimorph or clear/black worbla. High end tier would be a cast silicone sculpture
>>
File: Attachment-1-1.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Attachment-1-1.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Who is excited for magfest?
>>
File: HTB1AFPwOVXXXXaxXpXXq6xXFXXXR.jpg (98KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1AFPwOVXXXXaxXpXXq6xXFXXXR.jpg
98KB, 800x1000px
AliExpress sellers are trying their darndest to do the skating outfits.
>>
File: HTB1laYlOpXXXXXZXVXXq6xXFXXXv.jpg (113KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1laYlOpXXXXXZXVXXq6xXFXXXv.jpg
113KB, 850x850px
>>9309673
>>
File: HTB1Wl6tOVXXXXcDXFXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg (35KB, 322x683px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1Wl6tOVXXXXcDXFXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg
35KB, 322x683px
>>9309675
>>
>>9309673
>>9309675
>>9309676
well, they tried i guess.
>>
File: HTB1zPy5OpXXXXc3XpXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg (209KB, 800x1158px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1zPy5OpXXXXc3XpXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg
209KB, 800x1158px
>>9309676
Tits out for Yuri.
>>
File: allmyrage.png (166KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
allmyrage.png
166KB, 500x281px
>>9309531
>Yurio banned
>Get as many JJ

Shit taste confirmed and Yurio is too pure for your filthy degeneracy to begin with.
>>
>>9309740
please, they probably just want to be the only yurio surrounded by all the jjs/victors/yuris
>>
>>9309743
That's even worse but very likely true now that I think about it.
Just noticed it said Magfest as well. I mean, joke or not, you had to pick Magfest for your anime themed orgy?
>>
>>9309531
I can't believe it's 2017 and people still take photographs of their computer monitors.
>>
>>9309681
>>9309740
>>9309743
Could just be that they're uncomfortable with Yurio being 15.

I mean.

I'M uncomfortable with the whole anime orgy on craigslist, but people have different boundaries.
>>
>>9310008
Wouldn't you make sure to ban Minami too, if underage was the issue?
>>
>>9310037
no one cares about minami tho
>>
>>9310175
You take that back. Minami is best boy (they're all best boys though, except JJ)
>>
File: R1562[0].jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
R1562[0].jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
Also a possibility are shitty boot covers.
The pants cover the top parts so they may not be so bad as long as people don't use them to cover dirty tennis shoes.
>>
>>9310180
Agreed 100%
>>
>>9310187
Just no. These would be a horrific idea.
>>
>>9310180
JJ is so one of the best boys.

Side note, any decent Mila cosplays yet? I've only seen bad costests on instagram recently
>>
>>9310180
Minami is great but that doesn't negate that no one knows who the fuck he is
>>
File: tumblr_og17k4f3rI1sksryco1_500.gif (2MB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og17k4f3rI1sksryco1_500.gif
2MB, 499x281px
>>9310318
Okay yeah, I'll give you that one.
>>
>>9310037
If age of consent is 16 like it is in most places, Yurio is 15 but Minami is 17.

That said, I am firmly in the camp that believes people are capable of recognizing fiction from reality and would have cosplay sex as Yurio if I wanted.
>>
File: C1cTYZ1VQAE_rwD.jpg (96KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1cTYZ1VQAE_rwD.jpg
96KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483736369258.jpg (52KB, 566x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483736369258.jpg
52KB, 566x960px
>>9306856
>>
>>9310175
Agree, I hate that character so fucking much
>>
>>9311137
This is terrible? The wig looks bad, the jacket has nothing to it, slacks, zero detail whatsoever. You tried.
>>
>>9310180
no you take that back JJ is definitely best boy (am I a biased canadian? maybe)
>>
>>9311441
JJ is shit and you know it, anon. He's got a tramp stamp of himself.
>>
>>9311442
I stopped caring about jj the moment he had his own fucking theme music.
>>
>>9311449
I fucking hate him. He's the shittiest of all the skaters.
>>
>>9311493
When he ate shit and fucked up I was so happy.
>>
>>9311449
I mean, gee, what kind of skater in this show skates to a piece of music they specifically commissioned about themselves?
>>
>>
>>
>>
I'm actually really impressed by the amount of work that went into this.
>>
>>9311569
Theme music. Not a song that details their skating career. JJ is a conceited fuck of a character.
>>
>>9311650
>JJ is a conceited fuck of a character.

He is.
Like he has a couple of seconds as not a fuck up but considering how much ego he has when the rest of the characters manage not to makes it obvious how much of an ass he is.

Have some OtaYuri.
They aren't my otp but they seem nice enough together.
>>
>>9311650
>>9311673
JJ is pretty damn conceited but it's because of his parents rearing him that way. They raised him with the mindset that he's the absolute best so when he finally got up against the big boys, he crumbled under the pressure. It's like any 'gifted' child and their helicopter parents. You get raised being told you're special, you're gifted, etc for being better than your young peers at something and when you reach higher grades where everything is much harder, you end up having breakdowns when your grades become average and you're not longer exceptional.

I think JJ is an absolute ass but I do feel bad for him. I really hope in season 2 being married (and probably having kids on the way) will mellow him out and make him get his priorities in check. Just having his ass kicked by Yurio was a wake up call to the fact that he wasn't as great as he (and his parents) thought he was.

Also not the best cosplay but I love it because they got the luggage set. I've bought one as well and I need to get the backpack. Has anyone seen a replica of Yurio's backpack floating around the cosplay sites yet? I don't mind buying one similar to modify but it'd be nice to avoid sitting around putting studs on the straps for a few hours.
>>
>>9311581
Hana and Baozi have been all over this shit knocking it out of the park. I'm not at all familiar with their Yurio but it looks like they picked a good one.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170108-015414.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170108-015414.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Genderbends are here
>>
>>9312712
This is an insult to Victor's beauty and his whole design.
>>
>>9312712
>Believing professional fat skaters exist
Come on now
>>
>>9311793
it's mon
>>
>>9312712
From the side that Fem Yuuri looks like Michael Jackson
>>
>>9312712
Looks like Victor's wearing a sack. Wish more people looked up actual figure skating costumes and materials rather than just shoving a skirt under an ill-fitting blazer and hoping for the best. Just thinking about it hypothetically, how would a judge be able to see this Victor's lines?
>>
File: tumblr_oj12l05rPp1sxmv1no1_1280.jpg (369KB, 961x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oj12l05rPp1sxmv1no1_1280.jpg
369KB, 961x1280px
I like this yuri, they have a nice wig that looks natural, glasses that aren't just 3d ones with the lenses popped out and no weird aggressive contouring.
>>
>>9312712
>>9312859
>Looks like Victor's wearing a sack.

Agreed. If I was doing a rule 63 and I saw it turning out like that I'd scrap it.

It needs to be taken in on the sides and the cosplayer could invest in some shape wear like spanx to help it look and lay nice.
Well at least they both wore tights.
>>
>>9312872
Helps that she's also Asian and went with original Yuri where feminine features can hide a bit behind the hair and glasses. Slicked back Yuri is very unflattering on most people I've seen tryi5n it.
>>
>>9308871
It doesn't ruin then just standing around for a few minutes at a shoot. Now if she's wearing them all day at a con like the Yurio mentioned then yes, but up to an hour most? You'll probably just need to resharpen your blades and slight wear into the guards. I used to wear mine from my car to my arena on the daily because I hated carrying my bag in to practice. Kids do this all the time, it's not going to destroy them.
>>
>>9309531
So.... maggest, did this happen?
>>
File: tumblr_oiltman5PI1txulkko1_1280.jpg (60KB, 779x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oiltman5PI1txulkko1_1280.jpg
60KB, 779x960px
Is there such a thing as a good JJ? All the ones I've seen are utter wank
>>
File: IMG_2364.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2364.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>9312872
>weird aggressive contouring
You mean like pic related?

That Yuri cosplay's pretty average. There's definitely worse out there though
>>
>>9312928
Yeah, exactly, where they try and carve out cheekbones with dirt pretty much. Doesn't even suit the character, Yuri has a soft face even when he isn't fat.

I know it's not the best but compared the stuff I was scrolling past in the tags it was a godsend lmao
>>
>>9312926
>utter wank
Just like JJ himself.

>>9312928
Dear god I should have not enlarged this.
>>
>>9312935
JJ is the best boy and he deserves better
>>
My comm is going to be a train wreck. Two bad Yuri's and a Minami. One lone Otabek as well RIP.
>>
>>9312980
I don't get why Yurios don't thin their bangs out a bit, it looks so bad when it's just an unstyled hunk of hair hanging over their eyes.
>>
>>9313010
No wig styling knowledge probably. I know mine is pretty limited so I'm still working out the style.
>>
>>9313010
People are too afraid to cut their wigs or don't realize how off they are and don't compare to the reference ever. I see it a lot with Madoka wigs that clearly wore it straight out of the bag. She has really short, spiky tails but most Madokas at cons just have pink banana tais down to their neck.
>>
>>9312944
We already had this conversation, he's a sack of shit.
>>
I kind of want older people to cospkay Viktor. Like he's never referred to as looking baby faced and he doesn't come across that way. So when I see all these young 20s and teens it just doesn't feel like Viktor.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 356x413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 356x413px
You all failed to mention the real best boy
Speaking of which has anyone seen any Victor cosplayers with plush dogs or actual dogs that look cute?
>>
>>9313232
Im a male nearing 30 and i am so tired of teenage girls with baby faces cosplaying a 27 year old man. I just bought my lace front, hopefully my victor will come along better than some others posted here.
>>
>>9313238
Fuck I meant to change the symbol, I meant to reply to
>>9310180
>>9311441
>>9312944
in that post
>>
>>9313232
I'm 27 and giving serious thought to cosplaying Viktor but I know my face shape will look awful with short hair so I wanted to do longer Viktor. Unfortunately I can't think of a signature casual outfit for young Viktor.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170108-151108.jpg (1MB, 1439x1914px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170108-151108.jpg
1MB, 1439x1914px
I realize it can be difficult to make lines as thin as they should be, but jesus.
>>
>>9313310
Nowhere in that outfit is there white so why are they using white fabric?
>>
>>9313310
God that shirt is so ill-fitting
>>
>>9313310
>I realize it can be difficult to make lines as thin as they should be, but jesus.

That cosplayer needs to learn about making bias tape, interfacing, and double stick fusible webbing.
>>
>>9313440
I was thinking bias tape too. I don't know why they didn't use it.
>>
>>9312980
>if you do not forward this to all of your friends you will wake up at 3.00am to this standing over you... The last person who didn't comply was never heard from again...
>>
>>9313397
To be fair, i think it's a commission, so it wouldn't fit that person perfectly. Sill a bad color and fabric choice.
>>
>>9313472
That was a commission?? Fuck, I'd be filing a claim so fast if I received that in the mail
>>
>>9313484
I won't argue there. I think it's for a close friend though, so that's probably a factor.
>>
>>9313472
It's even worse it's a commission honestly. Who in their right mind would sell work like that? Like it would be harder to get an accurate fit, but they have full control over fabric choices and they should have enough measurements so the shoulder seams aren't hanging off their shoulders. It looks like a coat as opposed to a shirt.
>>
>>9313310
Are those cuffs made out of craft foam?
>>
>>9313587
upholstery leather, i think.
>>
>>9313310
They also plan on putting glitter on it
>>
>>9313310
That feeling when you know this probably still got a shitton of "OMG so gud!!!11" comments on FB
>>
>>9313661
Its for a cis male, so yeah.
>>
>>9313587
>Are those cuffs made out of craft foam?
>>9313624
>upholstery leather, i think.

This reminds me of pre-2005 cosplay where we used whatever material color matched even if it didn't make sense.
We hadn't learned to critically think about use yet so you saw satin school girl uniforms, spotless fighting gi, leather hair bows, cotton ball gowns, felt fabric to take the place of metal....
It was just a cluster of doesn't make sense at all.
>>
File: tumblr_ognx7nfVus1qmlmyuo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1280x870px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ognx7nfVus1qmlmyuo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1280x870px
enjoy some reference material.
>>
>>9313905
I swear they just keep adding shit to that Agape outfit because I never noticed the little blue rhinestones under the mesh layer before.
>>
>>9313232

I've convinced my other half to cosplay him. He's 26 and has the makings of a decent Victor with the larger nose and a very strong jaw - he cosplays Clamp characters very well because he's very fortunate with his genetics to be tall/have noodle limbs/ and a visible waistline.
I'm going to look like crap next to him as Yuri but I'll let you gulls know how he goes if he's willing to let me post him when we're done.
>>
File: 00008393.jpg (297KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
00008393.jpg
297KB, 800x534px
>>9313927
It's not you.
from what I understand in the production notes there was a host of things that were designed for the competitive outfits that they couldn't animate due to time constraints and the nature of the medium.

I remember reading about Viktor's outfit meant to have rhinestones UNDER the sheer top.

>but the body suit under the georgette overblouse is meant to be encrusted in Swarovski crystals. I wanted to express his strength and princely bearing in the way the crystals sparkle beneath the translucent georgette fabric.

and there they are....

Man if I looked like anyone from the show I would go all out. Sparkly multi layered fun fabrics would be epic to get just right.
>>
>>9313981
>if I looked like anyone from the show I would go all out
Oh definitely. It's times like this I wish I could sew but given the extra little details added to Agape it wouldn't be too hard to shell out for a top of the line Taobao reproduction of it and then just add the extra bits myself like the rhinestones and the touch of blue to the feathers.
>>
>>9313902
Definitely. The belt they made looks to be the same material, so at least it matches? I have never been good friends with either of the people involved but the community is tight so i will update with pics when its actually finished.
>>
>>9306907
I'm interested in Yuri's Eros mostly, but would you be willing to set up a google drive for the refs? Email is in the field it you want to do it that way. Thank you!
>>
>>9314628
Can do, I'm about to do some game stuff with my friends but I can get it set up after that.
>>
>>9314628
NGL some of these I capped just because they had funny faces

Here's a link for whoever wants

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By-9M11b_Tv2YjM0cWVQYUtLQ2M?usp=sharing
>>
>>9315536
>>9315593
Thank you very much!
>>
>>9306907

I would be interested in Viktor's, Anon! I would greatly appreciate it!
>>
>>9311003
>not putting foundation/tan on your hands

i mean its pretty cute,maybe less tinted lips would be nice, but overall super cute.
>>
My friend and I are wanting to cosplay from Yuri!!! on Ice this spring and I was wondering if this seemed like a good Viktor outfit from Taobao for the solo skate he does:

https://world.taobao.com/item/543863875304.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.pYm3NC#detail

We are hoping to do the Duetto Yuri and Viktor, but I can't find any good ones of Yuri's on Taobao yet.
>>
>>9316372
Quite frankly, that one looks bad. The sheer doesn't drape like george/chiffon (it lookslike cheap organza), and the pants look like pleather. You want spandex pants at the very least.
>>
>>9316555
Shit ok thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>9316372

Just pointing out the costume in question doesn't match the cosplayer's pictured.

Chains & trim are both different. Whenever you see that it should set off red flags. They may have stole a photo or can't produce a matching outfit so who knows what you may get in the mail.
>>
File: 1460732766017.gif (1MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1460732766017.gif
1MB, 500x283px
>>9312928
>>9312980
>>
>>9315966
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By-9M11b_Tv2ci1reExxMEw1YkE
>>
>>9313261
There's the magazine article with him and Makkachin
>>
File: tastiest katsudon.jpg (177KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tastiest katsudon.jpg
177KB, 800x1200px
I feel as if this cosplayer embodies everything wrong with the YOI fandom
>>
>>9317767
The blue nail polish really seals the deal.
>>
>>9317568

Thank you so much! <3
>>
>>9317767
>this outfit
This is so beyond lazy it's fucking ridiculous. At least wear his jeans and shoes with your trashy shirt.
>>
>>9317767
there is not one salvageable thing about this
>>
Would you guys say Phichit's eyes are dark brown, black, or grey? All the refs I have for him seem to go between all three colors.
>>
>>9319013
darn brown that might as well be black. He's Thai
>>
>>9312928
What's their instagram?
>>
File: il_875xN.1122329416_g2js.jpg (153KB, 875x660px) Image search: [Google]
il_875xN.1122329416_g2js.jpg
153KB, 875x660px
found this on etsy
>>
File: 3603933.jpg (430KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
3603933.jpg
430KB, 600x800px
>>
File: 3603934.jpg (411KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
3603934.jpg
411KB, 600x800px
>>
File: 3604640.jpg (304KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3604640.jpg
304KB, 1200x1600px
>>
File: tumblr_ojlisyFo6o1so9fr4o1_500.jpg (92KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojlisyFo6o1so9fr4o1_500.jpg
92KB, 422x750px
>>
File: tumblr_oji3sibm4Y1qfy1qbo8_1280.jpg (393KB, 1280x962px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oji3sibm4Y1qfy1qbo8_1280.jpg
393KB, 1280x962px
>>
How has J. Hart not made Stammi Vicino Victor by now? I thought he couldn't resist couture, color gradiations, and rhinestones.
>>
Wearing the actual skates getting the ban one con at a time
>>
>>9320150
Is the middle supposed to be Giacometti because if he really hammed it up could dig it.

>>9320146
Normally I could brush this off as "aw let the kiddo have their fun with their Goodwill costume" and then I see the orange contouring.
>>
File: yoieros.png (642KB, 934x600px) Image search: [Google]
yoieros.png
642KB, 934x600px
This girl just finished making the Eros costume. I agree with her choice of fabric/materials but I have to nitpick the skirt construction and crystal placement. It's a good effort though.
>>
>>9320267
What specifically don't you like about the skirt? I'm having trouble drafting my skirt, so I'm curious.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170115-124738.jpg (1MB, 1440x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170115-124738.jpg
1MB, 1440x1535px
>>9320091
>$185
>for just the top
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484506278640.jpg (46KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484506278640.jpg
46KB, 540x720px
First time seeing the sheer magnitude of this fandom at a con.
>>
>>9320144
>that itty bitty baby hand sticking out of the sleeve
>>
>>9320331
The one picking their nose though.
>>
>>9320147
If you need a sign to make it clear who you are then you've no business cosplaying them because it's clear you've not even tried.
>>
File: ebay Victor.png (243KB, 493x345px) Image search: [Google]
ebay Victor.png
243KB, 493x345px
I’m looking for a Victor cosplay on eBay for my bf who only wants to wear it once, maybe twice, and is not expecting anything fantastic. Does this seem ok? Or are there any better recommendations? Most of the ones I’ve seen are incomplete or lack a gradient in the jacket, but I am aware that sellers just tend to throw up whatever picture. Being able to customize it a bit would be helpful since he’s tall.

>http://www.ebay.ca/itm/272451569271?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=571458733672&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>9320317
It's more obvious in a video she posted on IG, but the half-skirt/buttcape is gathered unevenly and was cut from 2 pieces of fabric. It just seems like she didn't calculate the amount of fabric needed.

It might look better had she drafted/draped it like a circle skirt instead--that's something you can try.
>>
>>9320387
If you're going to get an ebay costume look for a store that only does costumes. That store seems to have a lot of the usual cheap china stuff which says they don't have a costume focus and might be taking photos from another seller
>>
>>9320387
Personally, I'd go the Taobao route. Most costumes there are like $30 for the entire set and factor in what, $25 max for shipping? That's a lot cheaper than $85.
>>
>>9320540
Thanks anon, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.

>>9320544
I figured Taobao would be the best route, but I've actually never used it and am totally clueless about it (though I am familiar with proxying and forwarding from Japan). I was hoping to avoid it but I guess I'll look into it.
>>
>>9320691
It's pretty simple. You just take an item URL and hand it over to a shopping service and pay them. The tricky part would be finding a costume you like but a lot of stuff pops up if you search "yuri on ice cos" in English
>>
>>9320695
Just for future reference, Yuri on Ice is 冰上的尤里 in Chinese
>>
>>9320147
I didn't know that people came in size 'Elephant'
>>
File: 1479989961896.png (112KB, 350x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479989961896.png
112KB, 350x396px
Anyone cosplaying YOI at ALA?
I want to try to pass out some stickers! (and make an effort to talk to people)
>>
>>9320751
I'm doing a casual group with my friends on saturday- we'll probably see you there!
>>
>>9320336
>If you need a sign to make it clear who you are then you've no business cosplaying them because it's clear you've not even tried.

I was thinking the same. When it comes to casual wear cosplay you should try and be spot on and not just "general look" Casual is already hard to spot but if you invoke the exact look then it makes people notice because their brain immediately knows what it is looking at from latent memory.
>>
File: Capture.png (40KB, 543x516px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40KB, 543x516px
I have no words.
>>
>>9321407
"Teaching myself to skate? Don't make me laugh. This is exactly the sort of attitude I foresaw ages ago with this. No shit that good ice skates are expensive. It's an expensive hobby.
>>
>>9321407
>>9321416
Even Princess Tutu didn't have this cancer.
>>
>>9321416
>>9321451
The biggest bafflement to me is why does she need to learn to skate to prep for a cosplay? She's not going to wear the damn skates in the convention.
>>
>>9321407
It's so tiring seeing people do this "fundraiser" shit for completely unnecessary goodies they just happen to want. Go get a job like everyone else.
>>
>>9321407
She fucking draws, why cant she just do sketches for $5 a pop instead of whining for money and using sites like youcaring which are for people with actual problems?
>>
>>9321573
Because spoiled Tumblr brat.
>>
File: laceup.gif (2MB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
laceup.gif
2MB, 540x250px
>>9321407
>>9321416
>>9321451

Yes lets make fun of people for trying something new.
Granted I'm not big on crowdfunding your hobbies but making fun of people for finding something interesting and new to try is low.

So edgy cause everyone knows it's better not to care or show interest or try anything.
>>
>>9321578
Buddy we arent pissed shes trying something new, we are pissed shes whining and bitching for money for needless shit that she should earn herself instead of asking for handouts.
>>
>>9321578
As other anon said, we're incredulous at the fact that she's panhandling for custom fitted skates instead of actually just, you know, doing a little work to earn the money for them.

Where even did anyone make fun of her?
>>
>>9321583
>>9321594

>"Teaching myself to skate? Don't make me laugh. This is exactly the sort of attitude I foresaw ages ago with this.

Pretty sure this person made fun of it.
But on panhandling yeah, I clearly agree that's shitty. I am quite tired of seeing that and I've hated it ever since the latest cosplay candy came on the scene and asked for money for her latest show my tits cosplay.
>>
File: 1483836568012.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483836568012.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>9320147
>fatty-chans cosplaying from sports animes

they're just setting themselves for failure at this point, because this is really sad
>>
>>9321599
To be fair, it is pretty ineffective to teach yourself, coming from someone who has skated for years. Shes not going to get anywhere near where she wants to be without a coach, especially if she came in with zero experience.
>>
>>9321599
You could seriously fuck yourself up trying to teach yourself. If anything she should put her money towards lessons and save up for skates.

Otherwise next thing she'll beg donations for is hospital bills.
>>
>>9321685
Teaching yourself things is really fucking dangerous. Yoi has it pretty safe bc most of the time yoi cosplayers just skate around the rink with their friends and have a good time (aside from this stupid chick trying to self teach). It makes me so glad that Cheer Danshi didn't take off like Yoi did bc that show has college aged ppl self teaching dangerous things such as round off back handsprings. As you can imagine so many overweight cosplayers would attempt to do so despite having zero flexibility and/or zero strength. Not to mention how dangerous it is to learn stunts, like even professional cheerleaders injury themselves badly, so imagine the kind of injury someone without supervision would get out of falling off a basic two high
>>
>>9321729
Whoops I meant to add teaching yourself sport related things such as ice skating jumps and backflips is dangerous. You are all living proof that teaching yourself to sew or style wigs does not end in a fatality
>>
>>9321604

Yeah I've got fat thighs and should lose about 20 lbs and while I like YOI and would cosplay from it if I was a little more svelte and even a little bit androgynous, I know it wouldn't suit me and thus I wouldn't be happy with the outfit no matter how nice it looked.

So I'll admire the good stuff and give sewing and buying advice instead.

I always feel bad for people that get that large. You can't fix it at that stage without surgery to fix the skin.
>>
>>9321809
>fat thighs
Size 6 US here and I know that feeling. I'm just going to rock it none the less because if it's one thing being here has proven, there is ALWAYS going to be someone worse than you.

Great costume but fat thighs and feminine face? No problem, there's going to be a whale slobbering on a greasy pizza face teen that'll make you look amazing in comparison.
>>
File: 4375493765493.jpg (462KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4375493765493.jpg
462KB, 1280x720px
>>9321407
>27
>married
>works full-time
>still needs to beg on the internet for free money
>>
File: amazing.png (15KB, 540x223px) Image search: [Google]
amazing.png
15KB, 540x223px
>>9321407
I can't believe she's 27
>>
>>9322225
>"Old enough to be your mom"
>27
>>
>>9322206
>>9322225
What kind of full time job doesn't let you afford a pair of beginners ice skates? I'm mean they're expensive, but not to the point you need to crowdfund them, what the hell

Some people are just shameless
>>
File: Screenshot_20170117-014557.jpg (174KB, 1434x814px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170117-014557.jpg
174KB, 1434x814px
>>9322225
BUT YOU DON'T NEED SKATES TO SURVIVE.
>>
>>9322317
She's probably very bad with money management.

>>9322321
But they're for ~therapy~, anon
>>
>>9321407
>I'm already working full time as a server and full time online freelancing and improving my art, so saving up over $200 any time soon has proven to be more difficult than I imagined. If I could own my own pair of skates, I could get the practice and therapy that I need to better myself in my life on and off the ice, and I'm seriously considering a future in ice dancing.

But you're pushing 30 just as a beginner, good luck getting serious into ice dancing.
>>
Enough about latest snowflake asshat...more cosplay
>>
>>9322564
>>
>>9322567
>>
File: ebHwVh0xTTA.jpg (78KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
ebHwVh0xTTA.jpg
78KB, 679x960px
>>
>>
>>
File: DSC7440_EDITED.jpg (74KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
DSC7440_EDITED.jpg
74KB, 1200x720px
>>
File: 3245325.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
3245325.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>9322567
I don't understand why anyone thinks putting pure white eyeliner on the water line makes your eyes look bigger. It's just really distracting and looks off, as most people's eyes aren't pure white.
>>
File: C2ab14MUUAAJd9_.jpg (476KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C2ab14MUUAAJd9_.jpg
476KB, 2048x1536px
I've made good progress on my Makkachin plush/puppet. I've still got detail work to do on it like shaping up the face, adding some plastic beans to the inside of the feet, and adding pawpads, eyes/ears/nose/tongue, but the main base is done now and holy shit this is a big dog
>>
>>9323135
It looks oddly lifelike already, wow.
>>
>>9323135
So cute! I hope I get to see the final product
>>
>>9323135
That's amazing anon!
>>
File: C2bW-Z8UkAE58A8.jpg (128KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C2bW-Z8UkAE58A8.jpg
128KB, 576x1024px
>>9323135
Found some inspiration for you!

The YOI cafe.
>>
File: C2bq8bmW8AArRJu.jpg (331KB, 877x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2bq8bmW8AArRJu.jpg
331KB, 877x1200px
>>
>>9323613
thanks anon! That actually helps me a lot with the eyes! :D
>>
>>9321729
>ppl self teaching dangerous things such as round off back handsprings

JFC I tried to do some walkovers after way too long the other day and I still feel it in my back, I can't even imagine the damage someone could do if they don't know what they're doing.
>>
>>9322317
>expensive

A beginner pair is like $60. That's not even expensive.
>>
>>9324439
Shes probably gunning for Ridells or Jacksons, which are in no way necessary for her, shes not in the experience level that demands decent skates to land jumps and do spins. Just get some beginner skates on craigslist like all the other weebs.
>>
>>9324439
>>9324617
She mentioned the skates were like $200 or so. Also she made a long reply to someone trying to backtrack about how "I work as a server but my husband is disabled so I don't have any money"
>>
>>
File: victor1.jpg (672KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
victor1.jpg
672KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>9324741
She closed anonymous. Can't take the heat of her own stupidass actions i guess.
>>
>>9325072
More than likely. I think she tried to claim only her friends had donated which I can believe but damn, save up for your own. Not that hard.
>>
Is it just me or do people forget that yurios agape costume is supposed to be "see-through"?
>>
Did anyone find a good Viktor cosplay that's not Asian?
>>
File: tumblr_ojrpycoG1M1ujss87o1_1280.jpg (201KB, 797x532px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojrpycoG1M1ujss87o1_1280.jpg
201KB, 797x532px
I'm planning on cosplaying genderbent Eros Yuuri from this pic. What do you think about the design? Is it too far away from the original costume?
>>
>>9325298
that skirt is nothing like an actual figure skating skirt. The designs don't look practical skate in since they look like they have a petticoat under them. The top is decent but I would work on the bottom.
>>
File: cfhkih1405043696048.jpg (37KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
cfhkih1405043696048.jpg
37KB, 384x384px
>>9325476
>>9325298

Agreed. Ice skirts are are way simpler cut than these. The art would look like lolita in real life.

Do a simpler cut. Eros Yuuri would have a simpler skirt with a red underlining OR the simple skirt with the shorter half skirt with the red underlining.
>>
>>9325704
>>
File: tumblr_ojyvm4L9Fh1uq3j5zo1_1280.jpg (299KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojyvm4L9Fh1uq3j5zo1_1280.jpg
299KB, 960x1280px
>>
File: tumblr_ojyvm4L9Fh1uq3j5zo3_1280.jpg (315KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojyvm4L9Fh1uq3j5zo3_1280.jpg
315KB, 960x1280px
>>9326002
>>
File: C2lTxb9VIAMeA3_.jpg (410KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C2lTxb9VIAMeA3_.jpg
410KB, 1536x2048px
Just added the tongue and nose! Eyes have been sculpted, and are drying overnight to be finished and attached tomorrow.

Should I add any more detail to the tongue? I was thinking about doing a light tinting to bring in some depth of colour, but I don't really know if it's necessary or would add much to it.
>>
File: C2l75LxUUAEzBbu.jpg (454KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C2l75LxUUAEzBbu.jpg
454KB, 1536x2048px
>>9326158
shoot! wrong pic! D: That was my nose w/ test eye shape. This is the right one.
>>
>>9326158
>>9326161
I'm so excited to see this coming along!
>>
Is this thread saging?
>>
>>9327562
Yep
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.