[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Poll: what prints would YOU like to see in lolita?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PPC6HRB

hey gulls, as a person wanting to invest money into my own brand in the next year, I was hoping you'd help me out wt a quick poll on what sort-of unique print you'd like to see.
I compiled a quick list of items that aren't overtly common, plus some that obviously are, but could never hurt to be done a bit differently!
As always, your input is always well regarded (more than any other site), and please give me some more suggestions!
Thanks gulls, merry Christmas

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PPC6HRB
>>
>>9295523
Jsyk "spiders" appears twice.
>>
>>9295523
Way to not have anything I would want. Architecture, roses, and rockets/ spaceships
>>
>unique print ideas
>Alice in Wonderland as an option

Almost thought this was serious for a second.

I want more prints with ducks.
>>
>>9295523
Fucking bread print by AP in their older style.
It's all I ever want.
>>
>>9295550
Sorry, wasn't quite clear; when I typed 'sort of', I meant it in a 'some are common but we need more anyway because lolita'. All apologies again.
>>9295539
I feel like roses and architecture are sort of monopolised by MMM but I like the idea myself, thanks for the input!

>>9295527
omfg I hadn't even realised! Sorry!

I might put up a new poll in a months' time and update it with the input I've had here - including no double spiders - if that won't clog the board up too much?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 345x437px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 345x437px
>>9295556
>roses and architecture "rare"
>both monopolized by mmm
>literally everyone puts out fuck tons of these prints

they are my favorite, but come on guys. how new are you?
>>
>>9295558
>>9295539
meant to tag you as well, oops
>>
>>9295556
You can post the next one in lolita gen, I don't think this needs an entire new thread.
>>
>>9295558
again, I apologise, I worded things pretty badly!!

>>9295552
thanks for the input!
>>
fat puppies please
>>
>>9295561
noted, I will in the future. Thank you!
>>
not sure if this counts but id love to see gray and pink plaid patterns on anything really
>>
>>9295564
Fat puppies are probably the most necessary thing ever. This is going into my research, thank you!

Fat puppies guys.
Also thanks everyone so far for contributing to the survey even though I put two spiders! I really do appreciate it.
>>
>>9295571
thanks for contributing! The pink Burberry style is a really classic idea, very hollywood-era Chanel! I'll have to put this in the idea book, cheers anon!
>>
hey gulls, just anted to give this another bump before it'll most like get cleaned up!
Just wanted to thank you all for participating in the survey, I've had some really great responses. I'll create a follow-up in the Lolita general around January time, so if you don't mind responding again at that point, I'd really appreciate it!
As for sewing and whatnot, I've always had the best advice here, because we all come here for the same thing; we're all very specific in knowing what we want in Lolita. I hope that eventually I can create something CGL worthy. Your tastes are like the Dior of the Lolita commuity.
Again, all my thanks, sorry for two spiders!!
>>
I want more serpent prints.
>>
I want a Winnie the Pooh collab, which probably can't get done with an indie brand.
I want a Pooh dress so damn bad!

paper birch trees are gorgeous, stately, and pretty elegant. a nice stylized forest print would be sweet.

also, more food prints. like, I'm talking Roman banquet table...fruits, breads, veggies...something mature with that historic feel.
>>
You should include an option for people to type in their own response if you want more accurate market research results.

Personally, I'd love berry prints like blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. I'm so sick of strawberry prints. They're done to death.

Also more unicorn prints that are more suited to classic!
>>
>>9295610
I was wondering how I could do something pertaining to serpents, I'll think and add it to my next poll
>>9295623
Pooh bear sounds glorious, sadly since Disney own the copyright it's impossible (for now~)
I love the idea of forests too anon, luckily I live in the middle of those!! Can get lots of pictures to make art from!
Roman banquet-esque food prints sounds a really good idea, and feeds my obsession with Romanticism, thank you, you've had such good ideas!

>>9295628
I'm sorry, I really didn't think to do that, but I will in the next one if you're up to adding to it!
You know, this summer/autumn I snapped so many pictures of blackberries & raspberries, including their blossom, hoping to paint watercolour studies at a later date! Come the spring I'll be sure to snap some winberry blossoms, then the fruits. I'm excited about this one!
Sounds a bit daft also, but I created a homemade dye from blackberries and elderberries, boiled in water and 2 parts distilled vinegar & salt. Of course I wouldn't use it to dye cloth commercially, but it created a gorgeous pastel lilac.

I hear you about the classic unicorn print, I'm classic myself but I'm a sucker for unicorns. Been working on something unicorn-y! Thanks for your input
>>
>Fancy Dragons
>Parrots
>Pies
>>
>>9295603
>Your tastes are like the Dior of the Lolita commuity.
Stop this.
>>
Will share some of my idea:

>Cats playing in coffee
>space cadet stuff - so like 50s space girls with melty planets and rockets
>floral prints featuring marijuana plants (in a classic pattern, so that the leaves are there but hidden, not obivous)
>more guro stuff
>more military stuff
>>
Seconding all the berry prints, such as raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Also, I´d like more space themed prints, that aren´t just mashups on nebulas printed on a dress.
>>
>>9295663
>Fancy Dragons
agreed, needs more dragon prints
>>
File: 2013_h-ending-rose.jpg (91KB, 450x525px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2013_h-ending-rose.jpg
91KB, 450x525px
>>9295550
Yes! I don't know of any realistic prints with ducks as the main focus, the most we have is Happy Ending Story from Metamorphose and the stripes are off centered for some reason. The rest of the duck prints are just cartoony, I feel like we have to make do with swans.
>>
>>9295776
>for some reason
it's meta. do they need a reason?
>>
>>9295550
You're not the only one. Ducks are everything right in this world and they should be the feature in more prints.
>>
>Budgies and cockatiels.
>Marine prints for classic lolitas featuring boats and lighthouses
>Or for sweet lolitas featuring sandcastles.
>Moon prints that are about the surface of the moon and cute little aliens exploring the craters.
>Pastry prints with cinnamon rolls and devil dogs
>carnival prints featuring something other than the fucking carousel. Like Game stands with bears fishing for goldfish, or cotton candy/ice cream/ hot dog carts

There's so much big name brands aren't doing because gradients, rosettes, chocolate bars, grandma florals, and the like rule the market.
>>
>>9295889
marine prints for goths as well!!!
>>
>>9295979
a spooky shipwreck with underwater skeletons
>>
>>9295550
>>9295776
>>9295793
I wholeheartedly agree with more duck prints. I love ducks and I demand more duck prints.

I already have meta's The March of Duck, which is one of my favourite pieces, but I'd like more realistic ducks on more pieces. I would buy them all, no joke.

>>9295623
>>9295889
>>9295628
I like all of these too.

>>9295686
I would legitimately wear a marijuana dress, even if it was tacky af. I don't even smoke but I would 100% wear a pot print.

>>9295979
Something with deep sea fish could be really interesting imo
>>
>>9295564
>fat puppies
animal abuse doesn't need a print
>>
oh god penguins please, a sweet penguin print. there have been a couple released but none of them very cute
>>
>>9295686
>adorable living creatures prancing in scalding beverage

did you mean coffee beans? it'd be cute if the cats were bumping into and spilling sacks of beans.

>>9296023
diff anon weighing in on ducks: one of my first fav books as a child was pic related. I would be floored to see woodcut-style or pen&ink illustrations of ducks on a print.
>>
File: 1480830511002.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480830511002.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>9296025
>>
>>9295523

Rats or mice. Rodents need more love.
>>
File: I NEED IT.jpg (35KB, 474x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
I NEED IT.jpg
35KB, 474x359px
>>9295550
>>9296044
>>9296053
>>
>>9295550
Agreed and also
>Penguins
>Herons
>Cranes
>Hawks
>Eagles

Where all the birbs at
>>
>>9296053
>only 2 or 3 hamster prints
>I can't find them anywhere second hand
>muh thirst
>>
>>9295889
>sandcastle prints
Anon, marry me. I can only take so much of the pearls and shells motif before I wanna claw my eyes out.
Coming from someone who would immediately drop $500 on a black pearl print.
>>
>>9296065
Give me a good god damn penguin print please!
>>
>>9295686
I kind of like the space cadet idea if it kept away from galaxy prints.

Related, I'd love to see a print inspired by Le Voyage dans la Lune. Aside from the creepy moon, the film has some scenes like pic related that could be egl-ified for a nice print. And it's historical!
>>
>>9296045
Yeah, and cats like drinking out of cups of coffee. Shit like that.
>>
>>9296111
>I kind of like the space cadet idea if it kept away from galaxy prints
I want it to be more like milky planet but with different motifs and definitely in space. Excuse to put cute stars in there.
>>
Cgl has the worst taste though and is actually often wrong about what would be popular lol
>>
>>9296494
True, I think it's because of all the people here who don't wear lolita but admire it from a far or are just bored and enjoy the drama. A lot of things being said are out of touch.
>>
>>9295889
Because that's what lolita's like and wear, and lolita designers are mostly inspired by. What kind of lolita would wear a hot dog print?

OP, if you're going to design stuff based on what's popular in this thread maybe being a lolita designer is not right for you. Don't you have a concept for what you want with your brand? If you just want to make what you think would sell, you'll lose to taobao.
>>
>>9296554
>polls the consumer on their interests
>consumer responds
>LOL THATS DUMB NO ONE WILL BUY THAT HURR DURR

That's the point of polling, you walnut. Not all make it to the printing press but shit like penguins and ducks are popular and if more dresses had them maybe more designers would go "hmm that's cute and popular. I can cash in on that. "
And so it becomes the look.
>>
>>9297274
Well it's also about 'if more dresses that *sold* had them'. Polling customers is one thing but until you get that pre-order deposit or actually sell stuff you don't really know if it is actually gonna sell, same with penguins and ducks - if more people made them but they just sit in inventory no-one is gonna follow suit.
Even if people like the same motifs it doesn't mean they like the execution of the print (see: the age old complaint of terrible cuts on otherwise decent prints, or the oft-heard 'I like this motif BUT...')
>>
>>9295523
More dogs. King Charles Spaniels cpuld be cute
>>
Jellyfishes prints.
>>
>>9297357
As a CKCS owner, yes. Especially some of the paintings that depicted them; they are so playful and beautiful, with eyes that would be so lovely in a print.
>>
>>9296023
Lucky, March of Ducks HW in red is one of my last dream pieces. I feel like I'll never find it at this rate. I have the ETC Polka Dot dress, which is cute and very simple.
>>
Hamburger Lolita where?
>>
>>9296544
Yep. None of these dumb ideas would sell. Earlier this year cgl kept repeating " i want a dolphin print" and "non pony carnival".

Aquarium Carnival comes out and it's like the most unpopular print this year. Eternal Carnival comes out, is popular, but not on cgl.

NEVER listen to cgl shit taste.
>>
I'm just really excited and happy about all the feedback! Of course I had my own ideas, I'm a lolita consumer myself, jotted a few on the poll and wanted to have anonymous feedback. You guys really have delivered, I know I can always trust CGL for honesty, good and bad. Now that I've read it, I think penguins could make a cute winter print, and things like ducks, birds and berries are things I can definitely continue to work on, due to the immense response. Dragons are something I've been interested in working on since I started this process, so I'm glad there's been such an overwhelming response for that, too.
Again, thanks everyone for all the responses, I really do appreciate it.
>>
>>9295523
Piggies. They are pink, snuggly, cute, funny and sometimes even fluffy. Make a pig print and I will buy it if it's not like bear hospital tier.
>imagine pigs in a bath print
>>
definitely birds.

>Swans
>sparrows
>cranes.
>>
>>9298632
SECONDINGx10000
>>
This poll is complete garbage.
>>
>>9297611
It's been years since I've seen that. Someone revive this old lolita meme. Also, my google-fu broke and I can't find the coord I had in mind.

>>9299616
Same. Just more variety than just swans imo. Meta makes those all of the time. I really don't get how owls are popular in the mainstream, but I never see it in lolita.

>>9295564
THIS.

>>9297774
There are a lot of berry prints out there unless you're meaning to exclude strawberries and cherries, then yes, I'd love more fruit variety too.
>>
>>9295889
>Moon prints that are about the surface of the moon and cute little aliens exploring the craters.
Fuck yeah!!

>>9295981
Double fuck yeah!
>>
>>9299668
>Fuck yeah!!

F**K NOOOOO
>>
File: stuff.jpg (2MB, 3587x2800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stuff.jpg
2MB, 3587x2800px
So talking about uniqueness, I'd like to see a brand with a more morbid aesthetic and traditional western art style.

If you have the artistic skill to not just copy and paste paintings on a dress but to do something like this in your distinctive own style, please go for it!

Otherwise I'd say we could also use more bread or pasta prints. An alphabet soup print would be cute, too.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.