[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Santa 2016 : Thread 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 55

File: cgl santa.jpg (19KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
cgl santa.jpg
19KB, 478x358px
NEW THREAD

old thread >>9280420

Don't be a grinch this year, communicate with your giftee/santa and send them holiday cheer!

>Grinched gift signup and check will be on January 15th, 2017, unless you guys decide otherwise.
>>
For the cards, I don't know why I'm stressing about it but are you guys just sending regular cards?
>>
>>9295421
I sent regular cards with some stickers. :) I was gonna do some fancy shit...but got lazy and stressed.
>>
KB from VIC and CB from MS, your gifts were posted today. They are the first half, since I'll be sending what I bought online when they arrive.
>>
So, one of my giftees has refused her gifts, and they're heading back to me.
What do?
>>
>>9295462
refused? whoa, that's odd. Maybe it was an underage with parents who refused the package because they didn't approve of gift from stranger?
>>
>>9295019
Yay! So glad you liked it. I have a small army of cephalopod jewelry, but my necklace from that artist is one of my favs.

>>9295421
I'm going regular cards with some small, flat goodies tucked inside. Christmas was hard this year.
>>
>>9295462
I'd post here asking them directly what's up. Just in case they live somewhere with shitty postal workers ,or they were out of town, or if something like >>9295473 said happened. You could also email santa's helper anon about?
>>
File: 20161221_180122(0).jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161221_180122(0).jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
SG from Israel, SH UK larper here, I received your gifts today and they're wonderful thank you! I especially like the Sabon hand cream. I shipped your gift today and have sent the tracking info to helper anon or if you want it directly drop me a throwaway email
>>
Still have about 40 or so MGS themed cards, and I'll happily send some out to any seagulls that send an address to the email in the name field
>>
>>9295510
I'm so glad you like it! I was worried the creams might be too strongly scented but they're great for winter. btw, I forgot to translate the saying on the chocolate bar, it says "If I could I would eat myself", just thought people may find that amusing.
Feel free to send the tracking number to [email protected]
>>
File: P1170961.jpg (133KB, 800x416px) Image search: [Google]
P1170961.jpg
133KB, 800x416px
Santa anon, you are amazing!
I was extremely happy to receive this yesterday, it really brightened up a bad day.
I love everything and will definitely put all of it to good use!
Your letter and card were so sweet (I'm sorry if it felt like I was ignoring you by not replying to your posts!) and I feel quite bad that I didn't include more as your mutual santa. I will definitely send some kind of thank you your way, though!
You're too good to be grinched, anon, I hope you receive all your other gifts and they're as considerate as yours.

ID: 9639
>>
>>9295473
Probably. Still, I was pretty excited waiting for my giftee to post here, and seeing that the package has been refused made a little disappointed.
>>9295490
Just emailed Santa's helper about the situation. Might as well try here as well.

KB from PA, I just want to know if everything is ok, and if I should try again later. I'll add my email to be private.
>>
>>9295521
I'm pretty sure refused actually means they failed to deliver it and then anon either didn't reschedule delivery or failed to collect it from the depot, not that they literally said to the postman "No thanks I don't want that send it back"
>>
>>9295529
It could also mean the address on the package was wrong, and the recipient knew it was not their gift. I'd contact to make sure.
>>
>>9295517
Oh shit, were you one of the recipients of the big shiny packages?
>>
Hey this is ME from FL
I got my card anon, Im saving your address and I will do something super nice for you come valentines/white day, I loved your note and screamed a little when I saw the card. You were very generous and I can't wait to repay you!

XYZ from canada and MB from australia
I sent both of your packages today. Unfortunately the lady at the post said they might take up to three weeks to get to you, I am really poor cause of the holidays and couldnt do more in the ways of faster mail. I do hope they reach you eventually, you have not been grinched. I dont work in the city I live in so this was my first chance to send them out!

Santas helper- I have yet to receive my card people, I did send an email about it..can I get them soon ?
>>
>>9295559
So relieved you got your card and liked it! I would have tossed more in there but I was running out of room and didn't want to damage the card (or leak face mask stuff everywhere).
>>
DS from PA
SM from CA
JM from Ontario
LD from Ontario
KB from TX
AH from TX
I was able to ship all of your packages today! They might not get to all of you before christmas, but they should be there soon! If any of you want tracking numbers email me your full name, the city and state/province you live in!
>>
>>9295634
dammit...dropped email
>>
>>9295559
Its cool. The struggles of living rurally are something i understand. Its nice to know you sent them. I'm excited.

- MB
>>
>>9295513
MGS?
>>
>>9295653
Metal gear solid?
>>
File: wb_1.jpg (172KB, 663x513px) Image search: [Google]
wb_1.jpg
172KB, 663x513px
BS from OH, sorry I've been pretty absent in these threads but I'll be making your card tonight and sending out the package tomorrow! I'm hoping it'll arrive on Christmas (I live in CT so the distance isn't too bad) but it could wind up being a day short.

MO from AZ and S-JS from from CA,
I'll be sending you both New Year's cards tomorrow or on Friday!
>>
>>9295653
>>9295674
Metal Gear Solid, yes
>>
LT from SA, AUS
CB from MS
I shipped your packages out today! LT, the post office said it would be 2-3 weeks so keep an eye out after Christmas!
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (839KB, 1400x1216px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
839KB, 1400x1216px
Thank you Canada anon!
You really made my day <3
The cat heads are pins and the other little babies are magnets. Love the cute tape!
Unique id: 6215

(you have really nice neat handwriting BTW)
>>
BB from WV - Just waiting on the last big part of your gift, I'm sorry I couldn't have it out sooner! I should be able to ship by Tuesday.

GR from IL - Your last present just got in but I won't make it to the post office until Friday. I was hoping to have it out by now, but overseas shipping is my mortal enemy.
>>
Anais from Texas and HNC from Philly, I'm sorry but something came up so I don't think your gifts can get to you by Christmas but before New Year's, I promise! Sorry for the delay!
>>
>>9295873
Im so happy you got it anon!! Merry Christmas!
>>
>>9295639
Thank u anon! (LD from Ontario)
>>
>>9295911
(I mean AC)
>>
File: 1475724727482.gif (2MB, 449x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475724727482.gif
2MB, 449x300px
>>9295880
>BB from WV
You're fine, no rush! That said, I'm excited to get it!
>>
>>9295634
>AH from Texas
I'll be on the lookout for it!!!

BB from WV and BF from NM, I'll be mailing your packages tomorrow. I'm sorry it's taken me this long but tomorrow is my first day off in two weeks. They should get to you by Monday or Tuesday!
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1082x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1082x1500px
MSC from MX, I shipped out your gift today! I actually meant to ship it a week ago but life got in the way... And well, here we are haha. Post office said it should take around 10 days or so, so expect it sometime in January I'd assume!

I hope you like my shoddy wrapping, I went overboard buying tissue paper lmao
>>
>>9295849
Thanks anon! I can't wait!
>>
File: 20161222_015927-1.jpg (3MB, 2692x1857px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_015927-1.jpg
3MB, 2692x1857px
Accidentally posted in the old thread. Travis, this is SA from FL and i received your gift. Thanks! There was no gift ID on the box.
>>
>>9296164
what am i looking at
>>
>>9296164
Well, at least you could use the clips for craft.
>>
>>9296164
What is all that?
>>
>>9296255
>>9296185
5 plain clip on bows of different colors if you were being serious
>>
>>9296260
That's... super weird. Another anon got a gift from "Travis" in the last thread that were just three tiny goat-shaped cookie cutters.

What price tier did you get, do you know?
>>
>>9296164
>>9296261
my boy Travis is slacking. are SS redos a thing? because i feel great pity for amazonbow-chan and goatcookie-chan. i'm not part of the SS system but i'd send over a condolences card and some stickers or something
>>
>>9296273
Yeah I feel pretty miffed on their behalf as well. Those are some cheap gifts and it makes me wonder if Travis is even a seagull because it sounds like some random passed by and decided to sign up for gifts without even getting basic knowledge of who they were buying for.
>>
>>9296261
I got the bows and i was in the 10-15 tier. Looked it up on Amazon and the listing was 10.99 so the price was right at least.Besides everything else $11 seems way too much for 5 bows so i feel bad he sunk that much money into these.
Not to be ungrateful but I'm considering returning them, depending on how amazon return shipping works. Otherwise I'll do what >>9296213 said and harvest them for parts as I have been wanting to make my own barrettes.

Also in the card he mentions he is not from cgl but from /k/ which is...Weird to me. He mentions also that he has cgl friends so maybe it they are here they can shine some light on this. To be perfectly honest as it stands now it's kind of creepy to me that a random /k/ommando wanted to send girls gifts but knows nothing about the subject matter and now has their addresses but sent all his gifts through a proxy so we don't have his. That's just me though.

>>9296273
That's really nice of you. I'm still waiting on another SS gift so hoping that one will go better.
>>
>>9296280
I think I know who Travis is. Wasn't there a trip earlier when the event started who said they wanted to send out some gifts? Let me go check the archive.

Either way, at least they didn't toss in some Dollar Store gifts but the gifts you got honestly weren't worth the price and it doesn't seem like they tried all that hard to know who the person they were buying for. Like "Lolita? Sure, lemme send them some satin bows that my niece would wear."
>>
>>9296280
crossing my fingers that your second SS gift is a lot better!

what travis did is like if i went to /k/ and gifted somebody nerf ammo
>>
File: k.png (26KB, 1309x225px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
26KB, 1309x225px
>>9296283
Okay this was the person from /k/ I was remembering but it seems like they only wanted to do cards with stickers so I'm not sure if they're Travis or if we just have two people from /k/ lurking on /cgl/.
>>
>>9296283
I do mention liking silky bows in my wishlist but that was under the assumption that a person who understood quality and fabric would be reading it. I think he just typed silky bows into Amazon and grabbed the first item that matched the price point or something, without even taking my color choices into consideration (or maybe he did and doesn't understand that Bordeaux isn't McDonald's red....)
I just am failing to understand why you would sign up for this if you don't know the kind of stuff you'd be shopping for and weren't gonna try to learn.

Thanks for checking the archive. I did look thru the past thread or so and didn't find any mention of /k/ but I didn't do a through search.
>>
>>9296273
Goatcookie chen here. Mine had the invoice and it was like $9usd, but it doesn't really matter. My boyfriend washed them and 2/3 rusted over.

Not going lie. Bit disappointed.

But i won't say no to a card and stickers. I love stickers.
>>
File: crim.png (11KB, 1133x109px) Image search: [Google]
crim.png
11KB, 1133x109px
>>9296287
Found this as well so it does seem like they signed up for gifts.

I mean at least he didn't Grinch but you'd think he'd lurk a bit more before taking part in our Secret Santa or keep to the card part this year and go for gifts the next. I'm kinda torn on this one because of that. He technically bought gifts (and I do like anon's goats) but they were like that uncle who only sees you once a year so they get something they think you'd like based on one of the three basic things they know about you.
>>
>>9296294
>>they were like that uncle who only sees you once a year so they get something they think you'd like based on one of the three basic things they know about you.
>tfw Travis is /cgl/'s awkward uncle
>>
>>9296299
Petition to call him Uncle Travis now if anyone else gets a gift from him.
>>
>>9296294
I am glad he didn't grinch. It just feels intrusive to me... I signed up for this to have a fellow seagull pick surprise gifts for me that will match my taste without having to worry about the weird uncle syndrome.

>>9296291
That sucks. I felt bad for you when I saw your original post, little did I know I'd be in the same boat.

Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread... I will send Santa's helper an email tomorrow about the situation because in my opinion we need some kind of rule or guideline to prevent this from happening again.
>>
>>9296294
I mean I don't know a single thing about lolita but based off of what was listed in the interests in the emails and asking a few questions in the threads, I did pretty well.

Also if anything he could have made up for it with snacks and a gift card (like Starbucks or Mastercard) if he wasn't sure
>>
>>9296301
co-signed

>>9296304
there will always be risks in SS events, even among friends. there is no way to prevent disappointment. that's why i'm including $5 cash for all my giftees. no matter how my presents make them feel, at least they'll have some raw dough to work with
>>
>>9295513
Oh jeez, is there a country restriction? I'd really love one so will drop you an email.
>>
>>9296291
>>9296280
if you guys want i would love to take on additional people to gift for, flick me an email with your wishlist if you want ( and provide proof, maybe another picture of your gifts?)
>>
>>9296316
This is truly Christmas. Bless, anon.
May all your itabag wishes come true.
>>
>>9296309
Disappointment because something doesn't match your taste perfectly or cost less than you expected is one thing. Disappointment because the person buying for you doesn't know and doesn't bother to learn about the whole hobby the SS is based around is another and leaves me feeling like he didn't take this seriously at all and makes me mad that he signed up in the first place. I'm not trying to prevent disappointment as a whole, just this special kind of disappointment. (Requiring some kind of proof of jfashion/cosplay involvement, no one who specifically describes themselves as being from another board and not having a clue about fashion as he did in the note on my gift receipt...) Props to the bonus $5 though. That is grandma tier gift giving which is way better than weird uncle tier.

>>9296308
That's another thing. He's not been in the threads at all. No updates on gifts, no questions, nada. I understand being busy but if you don't know anything about the subject matter you should at least be trying to get to know your gifties better...

Anyway I'm honestly salty AF right now so I'm going to try and get some sleep and stop being so worked up.

>>9296316
Youre a sweet angel even in the face of my saltiness and I'll email you tomorrow. I don't really even need or want gifts but a card and stickers from a true seagull like that other anon said would be really nice.
>>
File: 1481234664866.png (293KB, 773x665px) Image search: [Google]
1481234664866.png
293KB, 773x665px
>>9296324
Not sure if you're Bow-chan or Goat-chan but if both of you will shoot me an email with your preference for EGL/Cosplay or even Husbando/Waifu (if second one, list who) I can make a card for each of you and mail it. I don't really have time to load it with any goodies but I'm sure I can find some good stickers at the dollar store to send on Uncle Travis' behalf.
>>
>>9296316
You sound like a wonderful person. I'll shoot you an email tomorrow.
>>
Still haven't heard from any of my santas or any of the people I bought gifts for. I honestly don't even want to send the gifts anymore. I don't want some greedy bitches hoarding gifts and ignoring the thread. I'll take the risk of being a grinch. I sent out all my cards at least.
>>
>husband asks what my Santa's got me
> tell him nothing so far
>he offers to pick me up something cute
I said no but 10/10 thoughtful guy and cheered me up
>>
Seagull Santa, thank you so much! Love it all, thank you for everything. Alot of this will come in handy, I use keychains on usb's and have needed a glass for mixing paint water, thnx man!
Also thank you for keeping an eye out for my green man, makes me happy you looked for him lmao
>>
File: 200px-Fatan.png (28KB, 200x348px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Fatan.png
28KB, 200x348px
>>9296356
>this fucking logic
>>
>>9296356
Are you the person who said they'd hold their gift until the last minute? If not, it would be hilarious if you were each other's SS.
>>
>>9296316
Not an anon who needs it but just wanna say that's wonderfully generous of you anon :')
>>
>>9296356
My matches have been unresponsive but that's not gonna make me grinch. I'd rather take the chance than someone end up with no gift. Also by that logic, you're gonna be the dick that's hoarding gifts without sending any out.
>>
KS from New Zealand, I mailed your gift yesterday. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but hopefully it gets there soon!
>>
>>9295894
No worries santa-gull, I'm in the same boat. (Hnc) Had a stupid ER trip and now I'm all stuck in the house. Hope alls well with you!
>>
>>9296462
Oh my gosh anon are you okay? Do you want me to add any stuff that can help with your recovery? Hope you feel better soon!
>>
>>9296356
Kinda sketch that you yourself haven't sent anything yet
>>
File: IMG_8224.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8224.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
ID #8823 reporting in, thank you for your gift. I am really happy and the gift card is 10/10 imded
>>
>>9296523
I'm so jelly you got one of those customized gift cards!
>>
>>9296374
>>9296385
>>9296409
>>9296492
No I'm not that anon. I will send the gifts then since y'all freaking out. I'm very negative right now since I have gotten ZERO communication from anyone on these threads. I've checked and posted multiple times in every thread. It's very disheartening. I'm salty and jealous of all the people who got the communicating anons. I really wanted to be able to talk to the people I'm buying gifts for so I could do my best to personalize them.
>>
>>9296532
There's every chance they've been too busy to see but even if they don't reply, you need to send the gifts out if you expect to get gifts in return.
>>
JR from UK, your package is getting sent out first thing tomorrow morning! It probably won't be there by Christmas but you can expect it soon!
>>
>>9296532
just email Santa's helper to help you contact them. Mind you that everything is running late this year and only by the 15th will you have chance to complain.
>>
File: 20161222_130551.jpg (200KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_130551.jpg
200KB, 1024x576px
Mugi-chan, thank you so much for the gifts!! I'm so excited to use my new waifu pencil and I'm a huge Kit-Kat addict!

I absolutely love everything, especially the charm bracelet? I'm not really sure what it is, it looks way too tiny for my wrist but there's no cellphone attachment for it. At the very least I'll attach it to the strap of my bag to show off.

>Gift ID: 7815
>>
make sure you email me at [email protected] and not the other email. I don't have access to that one.
>>
>>9296479
Thank you!!! I'm ok! I've had a cold the past month (!) and I've been trying to push through without enough rest and it upset my IBS, which can sometimes cause pain so severe it causes puking. (So dehydration, the works) I haven't had an episode this bad in years thankfully, so I'm sort of old hat with it but also just anxious to not be stuck in bed and get my gifts sent. (and also get last minute stuff for some of the harder to buy for family members.) Thanks for being so sweet though, santa-gull. I extra appreciate you keeping me updated in the threads since some anons have been struggling with communication!
>>
>>9296583

I've emailed you once to no avail and Santa a few times. Been trying to get ahold of someone since the end of November. Should I email you again?
>>
>>9296591
yes. I'm sure that I have replied to all the emails, with the exception of ones from yesterday since I don't have my computer on me atm and it has all the documents pertaining SS.

Santa hasn't been with us since the gift assignments.
>>
>>9296546
Ah I'm so excited! Thanks Anon
>>
>>9296413
Thank you Secret Santa! I'll post it when it arrives.
>>
>>9296304
>>9296324
There will be clearer guidelines for next year or White Day, whoever is running that. Its not good to retroactively apply rules since there weren't outspoken rules. I await your email.

While I cannot generate a Blacklist from this year as of yet, I can create a Whitelist, a list of anons who are trustworthy who will get special priority of some yet to be determined perk or tier (i.e being able to participate in higher price ranges or more quantities).

>>9296356
Please send out your gift. There was no rule that you had to post pictures, implied yes but not outspoken or that you have to communicate. There will be more guidelines in the future.

Secret Santas are always full of the risk of grinching and bad gifts. But you are right, no communication is bad.

Also have you checked your email? I've been emailing people some tracking numbers/updates and I do not know if some have taken notice.
>>
>>9296612
there will be a clear disclaimer about the risks next year. I hope it will not deter you from joining next year but if it does, that is understandable.

SS is more about giving than receiving but being upset at no gift, no communication, or a really outrageously bad gift does call for justification.

Failing to reach the price range without an explaining is also bad. But I will leave it to you guys to determine what is bad and what the degrees of it are.
>>
>>9296586
Oh gosh, my sister and my dad have IBS so I know it must be really sucky. Hope all the pain goes away soon! And it's no problem, thanks for communicating back! :)
>>
>>9296532
It's okay anon, I understand why you're upset. But maybe don't announce the possibility of grinching people and instead contact Santa's Helper or post in the thread asking others how they're dealing with it. I understand it sucks for you but no need to bring a shitstorm upon yourself. Hope your giftees speak up once they receive their gifts and you have a great holiday season.
>>
>>9295880
This is GR from IL, shipping from overseas is always the worst but I will still look forward to it irregardless if it's here after Christmas
>>
File: 1442281978949.gif (728KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1442281978949.gif
728KB, 320x180px
>>9296291
Wait are you mb from australia, you did mention cookie cutters in your about you and I might have followed that direction as Im not a mori girl at all.... well I hope you enjoy your gift anyway if this is you. Im feelin a little nervous now.
>>
>>9296612
Hey santa's helper, I have yet to receive my card people!
my email is [email protected]
Just wanna make sure I get them out!
>>
>>9296656
Unless you signed your note 'Travis', I don't think that's you, anon.
>>
>>9296660
anon doesn't think that the Travis gift is theirs, they're worried since they bought cookie cutters for another anon and cookie cutters aren't going over so well as gifts

that's what i'm getting here
>>
>>9296664
Aah okay. Well I mean I'm sure Goat-chan will like them if they don't rust over.
>>
File: 1448675779322.gif (2MB, 380x340px) Image search: [Google]
1448675779322.gif
2MB, 380x340px
>>9296664
Exactly.... They are quality from what I can understand..and I only had them for the 10-15$ range...
Well I did my best, no one was grinched on my list...
>>
>>9296656
Yeah Man, its MB. I do like goats and cookie cutters, so it was pretty alright in that respect. But all 3 are tiny (about 3-5cm across), and 2 are rusted, thats the disappointing part of the present.

As a former pastry chef tiny cookie cutters bring some problems, they tend to dry out cookies that burn quickly. And the rust on first wash implies bad quality.

About the experience, its disappointing because they left the invoice in the box, I was able to go onto the website and I search 'goat' and Travis literally did the same thing and added those 3 cutters that came up. So the lack of thought. Plus, these things came in a huge box, and when opened, a lot of bubble wrap, three tiny cookie cutters and a note written on a piece of the companies paper.

I generally love cookie cutters, and baking equipment, so I look forward to getting your gift, and am hoping that people don't see me as a brat. I genuinely liked the cutters, but at the same time the gift and process was a little thoughtless.
>>
>>9296532
Please don't join next year if you're going to be like this. Its the thought that counts and you're just thinking about yourself
>>
SG from UK reporting in- I've just gotten 2 packages from my neighbour (SG from Israel and JR from UK, I think? The names were a bit water damaged) but haven't opened them yet.
I've been rushed off my feet with work and I've come down with a really bad cold, so I haven't had time to go through the thread until now. I'll post pics and IDs and things after Christmas.

SG from Israel, VK from Russia, and A from Singapore:
I'm still waiting for things to arrive to send out your gifts, but since everyone I've asked about them has basically replied with a 'lol Christmas just wait and hope pls' I'm just going to send out what I already have if it doesn't arrive in the next few days, unless you're happy to wait until fuck knows when. It's mostly fandom stuff and some nice accessories, and if you want me to send the gifts asap I can do some last-minute shopping to make up for them.
On the plus side, you're all getting a ton of fillers.
>>
>>9296579
You're welcome! I'm glad you like everything!! I felt like my package seemed a little barren so I padded it with candy I'm glad I chose one that you like haha and it was advertised as a keychain so I expected it to be a bit bigger but it does look more like a charm bracelet. Still cute tho. I'm glad everything got to you safely!
>>
>>9296723
Wow, I'm actually really impressed with our postal system right now. I didn't expect both packages to arrive as fast as they did! I'm really glad you got it in time after all.
I seriously don't mind waiting until whenever, it's always fun to get surprise packages in the mail so no need to rush anything, and feel better soon!
Also forgot to mention to you and SH >>9295510 that the address you are sending to is my parents, so I'll update as soon as it's received but I'll need to wait until I get home (usually on the weekends) to post the pictures.
>>
ML from OH, your package was delivered on the 19th and I hope you got it safely! I haven't heard from you in a while so I'm wondering if maybe you're out of town for the holidays or something.
>>
>>9296723
JR here! Glad to hear you got your package, I can't believe how quickly it got to you, hats off to royal mail for once.

I hope you get better soon, i've had a horrible cold all week so i know dem feels. Merry Christmas!
>>
NS from Canada and KG from WA, I'm really sorry but my gifts for you are going to be really late. I'm still waiting for things in the mail before I send them both out.
>>
I haven't been able to take any photos yet because my phone is having issues, but it's resolved now. As soon as I get home tonight, I'll share you amazing gifts, EM! I love everything, especially the little castle ring. I've been wearing it to work the past couple of days and everyone's complimenting it. It's so damn adorable! Honestly if I get grinched by everyone else, it wouldn't even matter. I got the best present ever with that ring.
I'm actually one of your santas as well, and I'm still waiting on a couple things in the mail for you. Gonna put some of those delightful stamp stickers on your card. Would you be alright with a delayed gift, or would you rather I craft some stuff to make up for it?
>>
I'm JG from IL and I've sent gifts to KM from NV and ERD from IL. KM posted her gift but I haven't heard from ERD.
I also haven't heard from my santas other than one post a while ago. Any update would be appreciated!
>>
>>9296697
I was your Santa from 4109. Now it's got me worried about the quality of the yellow goat cookie cutter I got you. 100% sure it won't rust though ha ha
>>
File: presente.jpg (200KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
presente.jpg
200KB, 600x800px
Anon santa with ID #8831, I received your gift today!

The kawaii salt packets gave me a good laugh and everything was wrapped so cutely--I saved the bows.
I absolutely LOVE the blue eyes ring and have been wanting one!!! Thanks so much for it! I feel like we are married in Kaiba now.
>>
File: image1 (2).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image1 (2).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I got my gift from santa ID #515!

Not pictured: 707 phone case and phone charm that I just HAD to put on my phone immediately because I loved them so much!!

You are the best!! I loved my gifts!!
>>
>>9296363
question for your santa -- who are the artists who did the postcards or prints? they're lovely.
>>
>>9296806
Kg from wa here, no problem, Thanks for checking in!
>>
>>9296955
>married to Kaiba

Bokura is my husbando but y'all 2cute
>>
>>9296806
NS here, thanks for the update and please don't worry! I don't mind waiting and look forward to your gift!
>>
>>9296929
Nah the one you got me is awesome. I used it to make gingerbread goats for my comms Christmas meet. Was pretty good cutter, good shape.
>>
>>9295517
oh my gosh no way, I feel that you did way more for me than I did for you.
You put a lot of thought into my present and all of them suit me and my description so well and I felt so bad that I feel like I didnt capture your style quite as well :(
I'm actually very happy that we are mutuals, I hope we become friends!
>>
So um, did anyone still not receive their card pairings?
>>
>>9296523
I'm glad you like it! I was really worried; I'm not a j-fash person at all and I was kinda nervous. please enjoy ur 50 dicks-- I mean drinks

>>9296955
funny story about the blue-eyes ring: I originally bought it on 11/11 for myself, but after getting you as my match, I realized that you would totally love and appreciate that ring as much as I ever could, and that u deserve nice things for your A+ perfect husbando taste
tl;dr Kaiba married forever, pls be my friend
>>
>>9296911
>I haven't heard from ERD.
A lot of people have mentioned this person but they have not responded.
>>
>>9296911
>>9297085
I'm >>9297084 and I also sent a gift to ERD; the other two have gotten and posted their packages, so I can only assume that ERD has received hers as well but just hasn't posted yet?
>>
>>9297077
I think international card pairings are the only ones not been sent out.
>>
>>9296287
I got this person as a giftee and their preferences were like, "idk I'm from /k/. Here's some animu I like"

They clearly had no idea what to get for anyone who was into fashion on /cgl/.
>>
>>9297085
>>9296911
I also haven't heard from ERD and I sent that gift out a while ago. It was in the $10-15 range, so I'm not too worried about it, but maybe they're waiting until Christmas to open their gifts?
>>
>>9297105
yeah, I mean i don't expect super analytical readings of every single secret santa application but in the future if something like this could be filtered out - aka apps that had nothing to do with any of the subjects that frequent /cgl/ - that would be nice.
>>
sometimes, i get into the anxious depression funk and am overwhelmed by guilt about neglecting people. the longer i stay in the funk, the more i procrastinate human contact. this becomes a self-devouring cycle of shame and sadness.

anons who have never responded to direct questions, if you are feeling something like this, it's cool. we all use the same Feels Threads, we know life is shitty. no one will be mad if you pop in and say "Thank you for thinking of me!" or whatnot, even if it's late.

but with all these reports of so many silent types, i am concerned about wasted effort or gift rejection. so i decided to invest less in my giftees who have been silent. they will get nice things according to their interests and within the correct price range, but nothing beyond that or handmade. those special extras will be for the involved anons! cause even if you dislike the gifts you get, you are participating, and it is the bizarre social interaction aspect of this that i enjoy most. i want you to stay part of this weird community, keeping it interesting, and so i will spoil you.
>>
>>9297129
I unconsciously do this, and I think many anons do too. It's a gift exchange of people in the same hobby (or at the very least general interest). It's not some emotionless 'give me free stuff' thing.
>>
That feel when I'm a non-/cgl/ Secret Santas. I feel so attacked right now.
>>
IH I finally have all of your stuff ready! I found some of the brands you liked in Harajuku and the areas around it. How do you feel about tights? I found some nice ones at Atelier that fit your style perfectly and I saw your collage had some.
>>
>>9297206
Just noticed those are socks not tights actually oops!
>>
>>9297205
Uncle Travis?
>>
>>9297211
I wish! I'm not at a point in my life yet where I can buy a gun, but I really want to. I shot some at my university's gun club and they were really fun!
>>
>>9296583
>>9296330
>>9296316

Amazonbow-chan here, I got my emails out to all of you. Thanks again for being understanding!!!

>>9297129
I get that part about anxious depression and I was so afraid I'd end up accidentally grinching people or dropping out and pissing peopel off because of my dumb brain. But I'm so proud of myself for following through with everything, sending out my packages, and staying active in the thread despite being kinda anxious about it. I would actually recommend the SS as a good way for anxious people to push themselves to follow through with something!!!

>>9297117
Preach
>>
>>9297205
You can be a great non-/cgl/ santa if you put in effort to learn a little about cgl related things, and are thoughtful in picking out and packaging your gift. It's more the laziness and the unwillingness to learn that got to me.
>>
>>9297205
I just don't understand why you chose to participate in a secret santa that isn't relevant to your interests
>>
>>9297206
hoorah! i am so excited! thank you for the update, this gives me a burst of energy to continue making Christmas things.

as for legwear, i generally do not wear tights, but sometimes one with a unique print catches my eye. some Triple Fortune, Abilletage, and Grimoire tights have tempted me, if that gives you an idea. they would need to be opaque and not something that could be easily found as OTKs (for example, stripes or diamonds look cool but exist in OTK format widely so no need for tights). additionally, i have gothic lolita friends i would happily regift towards if what you bought does not suit my style!

i hope that this is helpful
>>
>>9296973
KP, I absolutely am so happy to hear that you love them!!! I really hope that you have a wonderful holiday!
>>
File: _20161223_225800.jpg (252KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
_20161223_225800.jpg
252KB, 800x1066px
LT from VIC here (temporarily residing in SA).

I love the card, QLD-anon! I've been feeling quite homesick, and your card made me feel better.

Also, Uncle Travis,
I know your presence hasn't been well received. But I am very fortunate that you were able to find something I'd cherish. I received my new planner recently, so I'll be attaching the key chain to my new diary!

Pardon my potato quality.
>>
>>9296330
Haha i love it. Goat cookie chan will email you tomorrow morning.
>>
File: 18.png (330KB, 520x353px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
330KB, 520x353px
>>9297225
Emailed you back, anon! It had gone to my junk folder by mistake but I'll print out your card today and hopefully mail it out by tomorrow. Have a Merry Christmas!
>>
>>9297317
Is that a sack on the Lolibrary listing? I gotta see a better picture of this, anon.
>>
I'd like to participate in this next time because I love buying people presents and I know I'm very easy to shop for, has anyone got a pastebin with the guidelines of how it all works?
>>
>>9297405
Don't have a pastebin but here's the tl;dr version

>someone steps up to organize and makes a form
>fill out form with contact info, likes/dislikes, price brackets and how many gifts/cards you want to send
>wait for matches
>organizer sends you email with likes/dislikes for matched partner
>you buy gift
>you send gift
>you get gift from someone along the way
>>
>Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 9:11 am on December 23, 2016

Uh.. Wailing Jenny, I'm checking my porch right now but I don't see anything. I guess I'll let you know if I find it somewhere?

>Postal Product: USPS Retail Ground
I have no idea what this is and I didn't hear anything. I guess I'll go on a scavenger hunt then.
>>
>>9297423
Nothing on my porch, nothing on my ramp, and nothing in my box. I'm not sure what happened to it, all I can think is either they took it to my neighbor's house by mistake or it's a miss-scan and my post office has it. They don't usually deliver mail until after lunch so I'll keep an eye out for it then.
>>
>>9297423
>>9297430
Maybe they scanned the package as delivered before they got out of their truck at the beginning of their route? Used to live somewhere the mail people would do that and then it would take few hours for them to reach my house.
>>
>>9297481
Yeah I'm hoping that's what happened. I'll know in a few hours but my next door neighbor pulled up and hasn't brought anything over so I doubt it's at hers and the place beside me is a small business that would recognize our house number, so I dunno.

If I don't get it along with the other mail this afternoon I'll call USPS about it. Sucks for Santa to send it all this way for it to just vanish.
>>
>>9296291
Well shit. That site was one of the only Australian online stores I could find that could ship to you in time without worrying your package would get stuck in customs . I only got you goat cookie cutters because you said you loved cookie cutters and getting a goat one would make your day. I didn't realize they were tiny or would rust. I'll mail you a gift card so you can get something better, sorry.

>>9296283
Yeah that's me, it seems my good intentions were quite lackluster.

>>9296288
>>9296280
>>9296164
I'm sorry I have no fashion sense and was out of my element here, I shouldn't have participated with a board I was not well versed. I'll mail you a gift card and you can get something you actually wanted because I feel like I ruined your Christmas.

>>9297105
At this point, don't even worry about getting me anything.

>>9296330
>>9296301
>>9296299
>I am the pariah of lolitas

I just...sigh. I should've just stuck to the sticker/card idea instead of participating.
>>
File: 20161223_125117.jpg (770KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_125117.jpg
770KB, 2048x1152px
>>9297423
Opened my door just now and found the package laying there. I haven't done more than open the bag (pillow is mine for size compare) but:
1. holy shit, Doe, you're a hero for that $18 shipping charge
2. SO MUCH CANDY (some of the caramels didn't make it, sadly) but everything else looks great. I love mystery candy and I already found a bunch of mango which is my fave!
>>
File: 20161223_125910.jpg (758KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_125910.jpg
758KB, 2048x1152px
>>9297580
Oh my goodness, thank you so much, Doe! I'm kinda laughing at my new Gothic napkins but everything is absolutely fantastic! I hadn't even seen a nude nail polish set before and the heart is gorgeous! Also super thanks for contributing to my addiction for face masks!
Between these candies and the KitKats I got the other day, I'm going to just outright cancel any plans to diet until I've eaten them all in a few weeks.
>>
>>9297555
regret is the feeling that exists to motivate us toward better choices

it is an excellent opportunity to work on your perceptiveness for the next chance you have to interact with a foreign subculture
>>
>>9297555
>I shouldn't have participated with a board I was not well versed

Yes, exactly. Fashion is something you really have to actually know something about in order to gift it, and if you take that with the fact that most men are shit terrible at thinking of gifts to start with... just don't. I'm sure you meant well but if you're a guy who doesn't follow lolita or have lolitas in his life then it's almost impossible to pick out a good gift without extensive research.
>>
>>9297423
Shit, I hope you get my gift. I'm hoping it's just a door down or something.
>>
>>9297580
>>9297586
Oh god I'm so glad you got it and you liked it! I always like stuffing my packages with candy and I'm a little sad you didn't get the caramels.
>>
File: 1473799187337.gif (442KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1473799187337.gif
442KB, 500x281px
>>9297555
Honestly, Travis? I think you had good intentions but you jumped the gun a bit. All I can suggest is try again for White Day or something? Just start small with cards with Starbucks gift cards or something like another anon did. If you know you're out of your element, don't do gifts.

It's Christmas though, no one will hold it against you since you realize you got over your head.
>>
>>9297591
Don't worry, I got it!
>>9297580
>>9297586
Thank you so much, seriously. I think I've just had a life changing experience with the cappuccino Kopiko candy I'm eating right now.
>>
>>9297594
I managed to salvage two of them but one looked like it'd melted pretty badly and I couldn't even get the wrapper open. RIP caramel, you will be missed.
>>
>>9297597
Those are my fave too desu. I'm happy you're pleased and have a good Christmas <3
>>
Thanks, Hot Topic.
>>
>>9297602
I'm sorry but I laughed.
>>
File: 1479748140652.gif (172KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
1479748140652.gif
172KB, 250x178px
>>9297600
You too! Merry Christmas!
>>
>>9297602
Why are go subbed to Hot Topic?
>>
>>9297607
They got animu shit
>>
MD from CA
SJS from CA
EC from FL
MO from AZ

Your cards went out today! Enjoy some post Christmas cheer.
>>
>>9296911
I posted to her too. I'm hoping shes just waiting until Christmas. Everyone else seems to have gotten theres at this point.
>>
>>9297555
Actually I think your gift was delivered yesterday. Please don't take this too hard. Your heart was in the right place, but as others said, it's difficult for someone who doesn't participate in fashion to buy appropriate gifts.

I stuck to animu for your gift because I knew I'd end up getting something pretty terrible if I tried for something /k/ related.
>>
>>9297228
I knew someone who was into lolita fashion. I may not be the most well-informed, but it's not completely irrelevant to my interests.
>>
>>9296697
>>9296164
I just emailed Neon Elf, I'm completely redoing your gifts because I feel like a total asshole. Between invoices being included when I specifically told the retailers they were gifts, wrong versions of what was on the wishlist, smaller than anticipated sizes, and just generally sucking really, really bad as a Secret Santa, I'm doing a complete Mulligan. I'm going to redo your wishlists and hand package everything and throw in some other stuff for you guys like I should have done the first time around when I was too worried about sending something out fast in time for Christmas.
>>
>>9297756
good luck uncle T, i believe in your upcoming redemption
>>
ahhhh! my gift came in the mail today! (ID:1823) I haven't opened any of the presents inside yet; I think I'll do it tomorrow on xmas eve after work ;w;
>>
>>9297595
>you jumped the gun a bit

Ahahaha

But srsly

I love you Travis
>>
>>9296280
I'm one of his friends. I frequent both cgl and k and I can guarantee you he had no ill intention. I'm sure his heart was in the right place with the gift he just...didn't quite get what made good bows or where to get them. I know he does go on cgl but he only started frequenting it recently I think. He organizes the secret Santa over on k and puts together big meets for k every few months too I think he was probably just trying to join in on the community stuff cgl does as well since he's been coming on here. Also I'm pretty sure his Crimson Caravan address is just his normal address. Also Travis if you're reading this you totally can ask me for help with these sort of things!
>>
>>9297791
ahaha, ...wait that's a /k/ joke isnt it
>>
>>9297756
>Uncle Travis Saves Christmas 2k16

But seriously, good on you anon. I'm sure you didn't mean to send crappy gifts and the fact you're making up for it is awesome.
>>
>>9297602
That's fucking hilarious anon
>>
>>9297798
Mugi! I was actually going to message you on skype some of my target wishlists (not their addresses, just the wishlists) so you could use your /cgl/ experience to help me undo my poor masculine taste in life.

I just got done buying a bunch of wrapping paper and tissue paper and stuff and I have a few ideas of things to get that weren't on the wishlists but still seem like generally good ideas. I'll run that all past you so I don't screw up again.

Also, you and Flandre got me interested in /cgl/ and cosplay. Though not in wearing dresses like you and him, the male version, I can't think of the name right now.

>also if you call me Uncle T at any of the meetups I'll throw foamy ear protection at you

>>9297791
>>9297800
>that was funny but I'm dying inside
>>
>>9297798
>a wild Mugi appears
Holy shit

Mugi I love your vids plz be my waifu
>>
>>9297826
Seriously, Uncle T, you're a total bro for doing this and honestly this is the most amusing thing to happen to us this whole event so we definitely owe you for this. Us gulls know how to make the best of a situation in humor so you've definitely made our Christmas. Thank you so much for offering to do-over for these gals, it really does mean a lot, especially after last year when a lot of gulls got grinched by one person who hoarded gifts and never sent any in return.
>>
File: tumblr_o4ov8udFcN1u4nbmvo1_400.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ov8udFcN1u4nbmvo1_400.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>9297756
This is SA. I really appreciate it and ill look forward to it. Don't worry about rushing for any time limit. If you can, just send me an email when you're gonna send it out, as I might need to give you a different address due to life circumstances. I'm sorry if I came across harsh, and you didn't ruin my secret santa expercience or anything, I've gotten over the initial saltiness already lol.

>>9297798
That makes me feel better. Sorry for being paranoid about it!
>>
File: Derpy chan proof.jpg (36KB, 571x583px) Image search: [Google]
Derpy chan proof.jpg
36KB, 571x583px
>>9297830
kek, she's taken mate. I know her and her fiance, they're both super cool.

>>9297832
Glad I can at least be entertaining, I still feel like an ass but I'm trying to make up for it.

Also, what do you guys think of the Derpy Chan Chan mockup? They're almost as much to buy in large quantities as smaller ones, so I'm ordering a bunch and I'll just give away the rest after I put some in my target's packages.

>should I trip
>should I not trip
>is is funny and ironic or weird
>I don't know anything anymore
>>
>>9297836
Ok, I'll be sure to contact Neon Elf for an updated address before I send anything else out. The stickers >>9297837 I ordered are set to arrive at my place Jan 4th, everything else I order SHOULD arrive before then, so my goal is to have everything sent out by Jan 6th.
>>
>>9297837
>Derpy Chan
Sell these uncle T
>>
>>9297841
Don't tell him that. He knows it's not for profit free use.
>>
>>9297837
>My lesbian dreams with mugi will never come tru
>>
>>9297838
Feel free to just email me directly if it's easier, I meant to include my email in my last post oops. I'm glad you came on the thread to join in on the fun!
>>
>>9297845
True... gift these to all Uncle T.
>>
>>9297841
>>9297845
>>9297853
>gift these

That was the plan. If there are any left over after the ones I give to my targets and free ones I offer to /cgl/ as a whole, I'll put the rest up on my online store and donate the proceeds to the Red Cross. It's something I'd been wanting to do for awhile, even before I made a mess of things.

>>9297846
>lesbian dreams

Wait, no they might be cool that.

>>9297851
I like spending time on other boards, it's fun to branch out from one's home board from time to time. I was sick as hell the last couple weeks so this is the first time I've checked the threads since I signed up for the Secret Santa.

If everybody's cool with this mockup here >>9297837 I'm gonna approve it so it gets to me on time and I can include with my gifts so they're not waiting forever.
>>
>>9297856
Uncle T, I didn't signed up for Secret Santa, but you do have a golden heart. Thank you for everything you've done.
>>
>>9297856
Looks good to me, T.
>>
>>9297756
Goat Chan here. Was not expecting this. You are a top bloke Uncle Travis. May all your /k/ dreams come true. This is exciting.
>>
>>9296356
You know you can be easily paired non-directly, right?
>>
>>9297803
>>9297759
>>9297860
Thanks I'm trying. Also, I almost got hit by a car as an old lady was trying to get to the post office today right before it closed, as I walking out the door after dropping off the /k/ Secret Santa gifts I had. I'll chalk that one up to ironic karma.
>>
>>9297965
you're doing God's work, uncle T

part of why the SS became popular here is many of us have had years of what Tyler describes from the 4:00 mark onward: https://youtu.be/bmidecIi5VM

the cgl SS is the only way some seagulls are likely to get presents from people who Get It. i hope your new gifts will be a sweetness in someone's holiday, and do not stress out too much.
>>
>>9297965
Keep the holidays safe, T :^)
>>
File: 1474837835660.png (366KB, 1044x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1474837835660.png
366KB, 1044x1062px
>>9297317
>Pardon my potato quality.
I see what you did there hurr
>>9297334
Qld anon here. Here's a clearer picture. Clearly my printer sucks.
>>
>>9297856
>they might be cool that.

I HOPE
>>
File: 1473361419359.jpg (49KB, 630x370px) Image search: [Google]
1473361419359.jpg
49KB, 630x370px
>>9298072
It's beautiful
>>
File: k tries to decipher cgl.png (572KB, 736x557px) Image search: [Google]
k tries to decipher cgl.png
572KB, 736x557px
>>9297987
>an Aleppo reference
I enjoyed that YouTube video more than I deserved to. I'd love to see some military gear reviewed in that format. Which is basically what Mugi does, lol.

>>9298059
I shall try.

>>9297317
I'm glad you liked it. I'm still re-sending you a new gift box though.

>>9297836
Mugi is helping me with your wishlist now since it's mostly fashion related. I got lucky with the others being anime related, many of which I've watched, but I trust in Mugi to fill the gap in my /cgl/ fashion sense.
>pic related
>>
File: TB2YvQ0bpHzQeBjSZFHX.jpg (230KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TB2YvQ0bpHzQeBjSZFHX.jpg
230KB, 600x600px
>>9298106
Fucking saved
>>
>>9296781
Thank you so much, Anon! Pictures are incoming now. I'm so sorry, I work 24 hour shifts at my work and I got stuck there so I wasn't able to open your gift until today! I absolutely love everything! Please expect a thank you note soon!

My giftees, NM in CA and DS in WA, I shipped your gifts a few days ago! I'll forward the tracking to Santa Anon, but you might have gotten them already! I hope you like everything!

To TD in VA, I got you two parts to your gift, but one part might not make it to me until January. Your tracking is taking forever to upload! Do you mind having this as a New Year's gift? I'm sorry I wasn't keeping as close of an eye on my gift to you as I should have.
>>
Travis, did your gift arrive?
>>
File: 20161222_122608.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161222_122608.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>9298118
Gift ID 8215

Thank you so much, SA!! I'm so excited to finally have a pair of gloves to wear with lolita in the winter! They're so soft! And they match the beret perfectly.
The rose hairclup is lovely and it fits very well with the florals in my wardrobe! And of course the Neko Atsume note paper, the masks, the lip balm, the kitty tote, and the stocking were all so cute! Tbh, I cried a ltitle, I had so much fun opening it!
Thanks so much! I hope to have your thank you note out in a day or so!
>>
>>9298135
(Jesus christ, sorry for the huge file size. Perfect for showing off the makeup stain on my rug.)
>>
>>9298136
staring extra close at the stain rn
>>
>>9298135
>>9298118
Ahhhh I'm so glad it got to you okay and that you like everything! and don't worry about it, 24 hours shifts sound hellish, totally understandable! Shoot me an email for my address please, I was in a huge rush when I mailed out your package and I'm almost 100% sure I wrote my address wrong on it lol oops.

>>9298106
Thanks Travis and Mugi! And Charlie for your supreme mapping skills. Sorry I'm slightly less weeby than your other gifties lol. I like the anime Nana a lot if that helps! (My anime taste is stuck in the early 2000s, I apologise)
>>
Hey ML from OH! This is NM from CA, and I got your gift! Thank you so, so, so much; everything is perfect! I will post a nice picture and thank you soon. I think we both got each other for gifts too. I just posted yours yesterday with priority shipping, so I hope you get it soon!!
BB from WV I also posted your gift with priority shipping. I hope you get it soon!
>>
>>9298106
>If I pull that neko mask off, will you die?
>>
>>9297033
I'm glad but I also think you definitely shouldn't feel bad about what you got! I like that you included a mix of cute items with mature ones, and I especially enjoy the cosmetic stuff as I'd usually be unsure of taking the plunge, and feel so thankful I have a chance to try them now.

Also I think you have my email but in case you couldn't read my bad handwriting I dropped another one here. I'd love to chat about lolita or other related stuff, and will still send a thank you something in the new year.
>>
>>9298146
What I get for dropping my Naked pallet on a cream colored rug.

>>9298147
Thank you! I'll send an email once I'm off mobile!

>>9298148
Oh good! I'm so glad you like it! I'm sorry I absolutely suck at wrapping gifts and all the wrap I bought ended up being kinda weirdly goth.
>>
>>9298125
Sorry, I was waiting til Christmas to open my gifts. I'm on like 4 different Secret Santas so I have several packages to go through. I'm sure it's one of them though. I'll open and post pics on Sunday, thank you Seagull friend.

>>9298147
You're fine, this IS he Cosplay board after all lol. I'm still going to try and pick your gifts out with the links Mugi gave me, then run them by her first before I buy anything.

>>9298156
>It would be very kawaii
>4 u
>>
>>9298072
This is true art.
>>
File: 1449669215885.gif (892KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1449669215885.gif
892KB, 500x281px
>Goat-chan
>Bow-chan
I'm one of the anons who offered to send you cards.. forgive me because I found you the best/worst gag gifts at the dollar store yesterday in the kids aisle. I am tossing in some little good stuff as well (keeping in mind international shipping for you, GC) and I'm working on the cards themselves right now. If I get them out today I'll send you both tracking numbers from Derp.
I'm super excited to send your stuff and I hope you get a laugh.
>>
File: IMG_3575.jpg (1MB, 2553x2553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3575.jpg
1MB, 2553x2553px
ID 8023
Thanks santa! The Hanayo is super cute, and one I didn't have yet! Also the necklace goes with so much of my wardrobe, I can't wait to wear it!
>>
KM from NV
ERD from IL
MO from AZ

i had a days-long migraine bout, which set my schedule back, so you will not receive your gifts until after Christmas. ;_; very sorry, but getting them out ASAP!
>>
>>9297632
Mo from AZ here, cant wait to get your card! c:

>>9298392
it's okay! I don't mind waiting. I hope you're feeling better!
>>
>>9298367
Oh man this is exciting
>>
Hey KZ from PA. I'm kinda tired right now so I'm just going to go to Costco to buy their pizza for lunch and dinner today. In case you don't know about Costco, Costco is a warehouse club where you need to have a membership card to purchase their bulk items like 20 packs of Himalayan salt or like plastic bins packed with Milano cookies. But I'll make sure to go to sleep extra early so I can continue to not ship your gift out some more. Because it's Christmas tomorrow and the post office doesn't work on Christmas. So Merry Christmas, dude!

Stay warm; stay dry. Please file complaints with Catmouth on the EGL Discord. Because she'd probably love the company at this time of year.
>>
Thank you for the lovely card, Mug-chan! It came in the mail yesterday and cheered me up a lot.
>>
File: 16-12-25-08-40-57-719_deco.jpg (3MB, 2485x1562px) Image search: [Google]
16-12-25-08-40-57-719_deco.jpg
3MB, 2485x1562px
ID: 8115

Finland anon you are the best! Sorry I ended up being away from home and couldn't open my present until actual Christmas day even though it arrived earlier. I love everything so much!! Definitely going to wear the skirt and headbow. I'm so excited for the beauty products, particularly the apple cream since I've been interested in AHAs for a while. And the cookie cutters/stickers/notepad are so cute <3.

Thank you so much for the effort you've put in, shipping with tracking and keeping in touch. You've really made my Christmas!
>>
File: C0eE-SnUkAAVSi5.jpg (147KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C0eE-SnUkAAVSi5.jpg
147KB, 1024x1024px
ID: 1855

Thank you SO MUCH BB! I died when I saw the playing cards (my friends and I are cosplaying Madoka next year so this will be perfect) but the CCS book almost made me cry. I'll have to figure out how to translate it so I can get my fortune telling on. Thank you again, wonderful!
>>
>>9298451
Why so salty, anon?
>>
>>9298524
Aah yay! I'm so glad you like everything!
>>
>>9298570
I really do! I haven't seen the fortune telling book before so I'm very excited! Hopefully you receive your present soon!
>>
>>9298567
My order from Milanoo still hasn't arrived!
>>
>>9298451
Thanks for the, uh, update? I'm excited for when you do ship! Thank again for keeping in touch, and Merry Christmas!
>>
>>9298596
>tfw you just realized you missed the opportunity to mail a package of milanos wrapped in a doilie
fuck
>>
I feel so bad for feeling this salty: my match got me a full top/pants/socks outfit, and everything is way too small for me... :c I would just be bummed, but I included my sizes for like, everything, so I can't shake this salty, selfish feeling of 'why didn't they check before buying this stuff?'. I feel like such a bad giftee for feeling this way :c
>>
>>9298704
handle the situation like an adult. no guilt tripping or pity seeking. you say, "Hey santa, it's [name/initials, location, gift ID]. Thank you for this set! Unfortunately it doesn't fit. Do you have a gift receipt?"
>>
>>9298704
they're trying to tell you something
>>
>>9298715
Thank you, anon. I'll definitely take your advice; it certainly feels better to go at it that way instead of stewing in frustration.
>>
>first Santa's gift arrived days ago
>she was super attentive and kept me updated the whole time
>haven't been mentioned since in the thread
>no updates whatsoever from my second santa
Should I be worried yet?
>>
File: b28.jpg (346KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b28.jpg
346KB, 1200x1200px
I opened your gift tonight as an "early gift" my family does, anon!! I absolutely love it!! I was smiling the moment I saw the pumpkaboo (and I read the card first so I got the stopwatch spoiled for me LOL). It's all amazing thank you so much!! I love the stickers and I really like hard candy so I can't wait to try it !

I'm hoping the stuff I ordered for you should get here around the first week of jan! I'm still waiting on a few other packages for myself/other people that I ordered around the same time too, it's so infuriating.
>>
>>9298730
I haven't heard anything in the threads from my last santa. I personally won't worry until the second week of January.
>>
File: acnl.jpg (402KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
acnl.jpg
402KB, 1200x1200px
>>9298732
Also here are the cards that were in the packs! Maple and Eloise are two of my favorites so I'm super happy!
>>
>>9298732
>>9298739
ah I'm so glad to hear from you and that you like everything :D I'm super jelly of the shiny Kicks card, he's one of my fav shop owners.

And no rush on my gift, you giving me updates is enough to satisfy me, haha.

Merry Christmas! <3
>>
>>9298704
Was it ordered brand new? If you know the company, you could possibly ask for an exchange. They may be willing if you explain that you received the items as a gift, and were sent a size too small.
>>
>>9298757
That is literally travis, just read this goddamn thread.
>>
>>9298759
Ah. I see... sorry about that. I thought maybe there was some hope there.
>>
>>9298757
That was pretty obviously Travis from up thread. all his matches received their gifts, they were subpar, and now he is redoing then.
Side note, but in my opinion he's taking the waah im Grinch thing too far. Everyone is all chummy with him now so he should stop talking about it and move on.

So yeah sorry >>9298730 this anon was confused. Maybe try posting your initials? People are busy this time of year but it sucks for them to not take the few secs to post.
>>
>>9298758
Unfortunately, everything's secondhand. I have a friend who's taught me how to use lacemarket, though, so I think that's my only option. At least afaik? I'm more of a cosplayer than a j-fash person so dealing with brand anything is all very new to me
>>
>>9296593
I just sent you an email about next month. So glad you posted an email so I could get a hold of somebody.
>>
>>9298732
>those birb candies
Please for the love of god tell me where you got that adorable thing
>>
File: festive.png (46KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
festive.png
46KB, 400x400px
>>9298704
aww man anon, I think I might've been your santa. If you're the CA anon I gave tracking to a few days ago, email me so we can talk. I didn't realize everything was too small, and I'd hate for you to feel salty and like you got a shitty gift. I wanna put together something else you'll actually love!
>>
>>9298392
KM here! I'm actually out of town rn so it's all good!
>>
>>9298072
It still says Triple Tart Tiered JSK in katakana. Weak.
>>
>>9298815
I'm the giftees secret Santa. I got them from a local Asian candy store so I wouldn't be able to tell you where you can get them unfortunately, unless you live in Toronto as well.
>>
File: secretsanta2.jpg (367KB, 900x1092px) Image search: [Google]
secretsanta2.jpg
367KB, 900x1092px
I received my gift today! I love everything. Thank you so much! I can tell you put a lot of thought into it on your trip! :) Thank you!
>>
>>9298843
It's okay, there's a bunch of Asian shops in NYC so I'll keep a lookout. Thanks so much anon!
>>
Just to clarify for people, its okay if the gift doesn't arrive by the 25th. Because of the late start, you aren't grinched until the 15th.

This does not mean that you can wait until the 12th of January to mail out your gift, at least without due notice.
>>
>>9298816
emailed you!
>>
File: 16-12-25-02-08-46-370_deco.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
16-12-25-02-08-46-370_deco.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
Gift ID: #9623
I am just floored by all of the amazingness I recieved in this gift. It's 2:30 in the morning and I'm just coming home from a big Christmas gathering. As it turned out, my sister picked up a package of mine thinking it was hers, and gave it to me at the party at her place. Thankfully, no one had opened it. Everyone was curious about that fabulous sparkly package and it was under the tree with the rest of the gifts. After waiting five-ever for someone to find an exacto knife, I got to open it in front of everyone. Every time I pulled some tissue paper out, there were more and more adorable gifts. It seemed endless! Nothing had ever made me feel more special to get enviable gift after enviable gift by someone nailing my style left and right and spoiling me with such expensive things. Some of it was passed around, and 'oohs' and 'ahs' were peppered with gasps and a hot potato game when someone noticed the price tag on that gorgeous Ted Baker clutch wallet. Absolutely everything you got me was perfect for my wardrobe. The little wristcuffs with the cross charms were especially just what I needed for my coords. The To Alice bag is amazing, and I can use it so many ways! I opened it up to see how spacious it was and was practically watering in the eyes when I found more gifts inside. But with some of that Too Faced mascara, I'm sure it won't be trouble if I start crying again. All of the makeup is amazing and beautiful, and I just still can't process how much you spent on me! From the Pusheen blind box, I got a little gingerbread one. Too cute! Also, the stickers are so great. I actually tried to get the gold ones in my last taobao order, but the seller said they were out of stock. I was so happy to see them in this gift! As with the mushroom ring. So perfectly me, and I'll be glad to sport it with the rest of my mushroom stuff.
>>
Gift ID 7147!! sorry for the lack of a pic (family festivities regrettably destroyed my phone) but I love all the melon stuff! thank you so much for such a sweet and cute gift!
>>
File: 16-12-25-02-48-51-506_deco.jpg (3MB, 2221x2560px) Image search: [Google]
16-12-25-02-48-51-506_deco.jpg
3MB, 2221x2560px
>>9298925
Adding more to this because I'm still so happy that I can't sleep.
You mentioned hoping the wallet was to my tastes in that really sweet letter, and I had to let you know just how right you were. My old one's pictured there. I'm fond of big and colourful wallets, and definitely in need of a new one as mine was getting a bit worn. Yours will be a more than welcome addition to any of my fabulous bags. I had to babysit my tote full of gifts all night to make sure none of the jealous ladies would snatch it, but it was so worth it. Also, I put that necklace on immediately because it matched my current outfit. (I'm generally casually goth-ish even outside of lolita) I fed off the envy for the rest of the night as everyone could see that more than half the gifts opened by over 20 people probably still didn't total up to the value of mine. I should probably stop blabbing, but I'm just so damn happy about it all. You really made my Christmas the best I've ever had.
>>
>>9296356
>>9296532
please don't take part next year with this attitude.
>>
haven't heard from my giftees or gifters yet / in a long time but i'm not worried!
Except for the tracking number neon elf giving me being delivered to the wrong country, that's a bit worrying i guess.
Merry christmas all!
>>
>>9298849
Everything is so cute!
>>
>>9298764
You're right, I'll stop being a little bitch about it. Thanks.
>>
>Tfw get nothing from anyone for Christmas
Nice
>>
>>9298948
Maybe you ought to post your initials and see if any of your Santas can give you an update?
>>
And I'm just having an odd situation where my giftees (also my gifters) have responsed to everything I asked them in the thread, but haven't once asked me back or updated me, eh. I hope that's okay. Merry Christmas everyone!
>>
>reading this thread
>sent my gifts out last week
>worried all the sad/ salty anons are my giftees

I feel really bad my gifts didn't make it in time. I hope they come soon.
>>
>>9298849
I'm glad you liked everything and the package made it on time! I really wanted to find those llama book buddies and the only store that carried them turned out to be the Kinokuniya in New York.
>>
RIP creep kek from /k/
>>
Uncle T, one of my friends got me a birthday gift from your patch store!!! This took a turn for the better so I'd be glad to send you a late card later
>>
File: going for a walk.png (165KB, 1344x1676px) Image search: [Google]
going for a walk.png
165KB, 1344x1676px
>>9299072
Awesome, I hope you liked it. That's very sweet of you to offer. You don't have to, but if you do I'll gladly send one back to you using the return address.

Also, have some very, very poorly drawn art.
>>
>>9296280
>guy buys you shit
>call him a creep
Cunt
>>
>>9299083
This poorly drawn comic is fabulous.
>>
Japan anon here, IH from CT, JG from IL, KG from WA, AH from TX, and ML from FL all your stuff is here, wrapped, and ready to be sent out! 3 more days till I can ship it out so I hope you all like your gifts!
>>
Uncle Travis can you control you /k/omandos here
>>
>>9299150
Sorry about that, a few of them are cross posters and one saw this thread and mentioned it in one of our Christmas box opening threads. I asked them not to shitpost on /cgl/ after I saw them posting here.

>>9299131
Thank you :)
>>
>>9299083
This comic made my morning. Bless your salty heart.
>>
>>9299155
You are a Christmas gift Uncle T
>>
>>9299155
I really like the Mr. Yan present at the tea party.
>>
File: IMG_5907.jpg (864KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5907.jpg
864KB, 3264x2448px
Thank you so much, Secret Santa! I love absolutely everything, especially that keychain! This was so sweet of you, I can't thank you enough.

ID: 5115
>>
File: MFW getting called Uncle T.png (540KB, 846x802px) Image search: [Google]
MFW getting called Uncle T.png
540KB, 846x802px
>>9299159
>>9299160
>>9299162
Thanks, I've only been on /cgl/ here and there a few months so I'm still learning memes/references. Plus my art skills are on par with my fashion skills.
>>
>>9299140
Yay! Thank you for the update!
>>
>>9296780
SH here, it looks like your gift arrived in Israel today so hopefully you should have it by next week.
>>
>>9298928
Aww yeah. You're welcome.
>>
>>9299214
Yup I have the tracking page open so I know when it will arrive. Hopefully the post office won't give me any trouble with it (We have a kind of new thing for the past few months that packages are transferred to nearby supermarkets and corner stores for pickup instead of the general post office, it's nice being able to pick up packages nearby but sometimes it takes more time to arrive.) Either way it seems it might arrive when I'm not at home, so I'll probably only open it a week or so afterwards.
>>
File: shy peek.gif (559KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
shy peek.gif
559KB, 500x250px
>>9298931
>>9298925
I'm so happy that you love it! Reading your reply made me feel so warm inside, it actually really made my otherwise crappy day. (I can't stop rereading it aaaaa)

> someone nailing my style left and right
oh my gosh I'm really glad you think so, I was really worried I wasn't getting it right but hearing you say it makes me feel so much relief. I'm so incredibly happy reading your message, I wish you could somehow express this to you. I hope we can become friends!
>>
File: 17467-fujiya-milky-candy_2.jpg (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
17467-fujiya-milky-candy_2.jpg
113KB, 800x800px
>>9299297
I hope we'll be friends! I actually got you as well and still seem to be waiting on things I'd ordered for you the day we got the assignments. However, your main item is in, and some handmade stuff is ready to go. I hope you'll like your presents. Also, your favourite candy is now my favourite candy. It tastes so similar to my old one (pic related), but with a much more interesting texture. Thanks for introducing me!
>>
I checked tracking for my gifts and they were both delivered before the weekend started. It's cool if my giftees don't want to post about it, at least I know they received it.
>>
>>9299452
Same. Mine have been out since the 20th. Two have posted but the third is making me anxious.
>>
KG of WA
AR of FL
ASH of CT

Customs has your presents so I am really hoping that I can mail these out to you before the New Year
>>
I think (hope?) a couple of my secret santa gifts are going to be late, which is fine but unfortunately I'm going to be a different address to my secret santa one from early January. I could probably get alerted if any packages arrive for me but I won't be able to collect them until february-ish. Would it be okay to confirm that all gifts have arrived for me or are the gift ids absolutely necessary? I would hate for my santas to be mistakenly listed as grinches.
>>
People who did the highest tier, how has your communication and experience been so far? I went a little overboard on the gifts I gave in my tier and thought being allowed to spend more would be more fun but as it stands I haven't gotten anything in return yet so I'm a little iffy.
>>
>>9299812
email them the new address if they havent already been mailed out. Or better yet. register a change in address at the post office and then they can forward yhe nail to your new one.
>>
ML from Ohio, I finally got all your stuff in on Saturday, so I will be sending your package tomorrow!! We are in the same state so I hope it will reach you fast. I'm sorry it couldn't make it in time for Christmas! I hope you will like all your gifts.
>>
>>9299140
Looking forward to it!
>>
>>9299958
Communication has been great so far and really helped me pick things I know my giftees will like. On the other hand, the $50+ gift I received was nice but included nothing I put in my wish list. It was just a bunch of random items. I wish that anon had contacted me so I could've helped them out.
>>
>>9299165
You're welcome! I wish i had added some more small filler stuff, but I'm glad you like it and hope the accessories fit your wardrobe.
>>
>>9300350
which gift was yours?

I sent some gift out and they haven't posted either. I know they arrived before X-mas.
>>
>>9299958
I talked to my gifter at the very beginning and exchanged some e-mails with my giftee a couple of times. Nowadays, I just tell my giftee how I'm still not sending out her gift.
>>
>>9300416
Why aren't you sending it out? Because parts of it haven't arrived yet or because you're one of the grinch anons in this thread upset your gifts haven't turned up yet?
>>
>>9299958
I think with everything starting a little later this year, and the fact that for a lot of the higher tier gifts people were having to wait for gift contents to arrive from online, it's likely that you will get your gifts before Jan 15th but they wouldn't have arrived by Christmas.

I know for both of my giftees I was ordering brand stuff from overseas, and one of the sellers took eons to reply to my initial request. Couple that with having to ship stuff half way across the world during a time when the postal system is swamped, and you have the perfect storm for late gifts.

I hope your gifts arrive soon, this has been a really pleasant experience and as someone who went all out on their gifts for others, you deserve a good return.
>>
>>9300427
lol. Part of it hasn't arrived yet. But telling her I'm arbitrarily not sending it is funnier to me. It's an easy way of telling someone they're not forgotten without coming off as too emotionally invested. Also, being nice makes me uncomfortable.
>>
>>9299485
Does it say delivered? I put a hold on my mail from the 20-27th. Other anons might not put a hold on their mail if they don't feel iffy about unattended mail. I'd still give it a bit, they may not be back yet.
>>
>>9300432
You're weird as fuck, anon. Better weird than a grinch though, hope your shit comes soon.
>>
AW from LA your gift should arrive tomorrow!
>>9299140
Yay!
>>9299621
Don't worry anon!
>>
>>9300436
Please don't online bully me.
>>
>>9295559
Looking forward to whenever it arrives! If you have tracking and it doesnt seem to arrive by grinch check, just let me know here. Otherwise I'll just keep you updated on my end!

- xyz
>>
The remaining card assignments will be ready to go. But I must know if any of you wish to drop out. Please email me at [email protected] to let me know.

Reminder: These are now NEW YEARS' CARDS, but if you still wish them to be X-mas cards, feel free to do so. As long as you mail them out before January 15th unless you communicate otherwise, you will not be blacklisted.
>>
>>9300697
or if you had any address changes that you have not informed me of.
>>
>>9298482
I hope you still see this, I have been quite busy all Christmas. I just wanted to say I'm so happy you liked it, I was so worried somehow. Thank you for being my giftee!
>>
File: 1482864087810-1162507460.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1482864087810-1162507460.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Got your gift, KB! Was real surprised to get a gift from Australia, but it's really awesome! These pins are fucking AMAZING. This is also a shitload of tea and the box is my style too (although I have no clue how to put that giant bag back in it). And my Rolodex will appreciate your business card. I'll keep my head on the swivel for the second part! ID is 5415.
>>
>>9301065
Might want to post this on the new topic.

>that Doctor Who blanket
Good taste.
>>
Hey YC from IN, I got your card today! I love the stickers. Will definitely be putting them on my sewing machine and everything else. Thank you so much!
>>
File: C0uaibRVQAAw6bE.jpg-large.jpg (286KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C0uaibRVQAAw6bE.jpg-large.jpg
286KB, 2048x1536px
ID 1847
BB from WV thank you so much!! The deer is so cute, I attached it to my purse after I took the picture! The washcloth is so cute I'm almost too nervous to use it! The brooch is adorable and I love rings with heart shaped gems! Your gift was everything I could have wanted, thank you again! <3
>>
>Guys, we have a new topic. Please use it in case your Santas aren't checking this one anymore!

>>9300784
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.