[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cant find a review for a certain dress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: OTT Lolita p3.jpg (159KB, 483x750px) Image search: [Google]
OTT Lolita p3.jpg
159KB, 483x750px
Hey, I'm new to 4chan and the general lolita community. I just (and I don't know if I'm doing this right) wanted to make a thread for anyone who cant find a review for dresses, blouses, etc. I find this a common problem because I buy from Bodyline, so for all you guys who also buy from bodyline and have many items, you can post how they look and any other information that might be useful. Thankyou. (I just put in a random lolita image I had because it was needed, full credit for the original to whoever owns it)
>>
Anyways, because I didn't want to include it in the original post, I would just like to ask - has anyone bought the bodyline l575 OP? Not the velvet-y one, because I am in AU and it gets wayyyy too hot. Photos included would be nice! :)
>>
>>9294096
isn't that one a knockoff of a brand dress?
>>
>>9294096
It's bodyline. You get what you pay for. It's a safe buy but don't expect great quality.

To not answer your question and go off on a tangent: If this is your first main piece purchase I would definitely recommend buying secondhand brand, check out Closetchild and Lacemarket, especially Closetchild, I spotted a bunch of nice classic JSKs and skirts going for pretty cheap earlier. If what you're asking after is that Bodyline floral OP, Closetchild has some Innocent World and Baby up right now you might like. Bodyline is fine, but you'd be better off just using it as wardrobe filler later on.
>>
>>9294129
Bodyline is not a save buy
>>
>>9294093
I can tell you a bit about bodyline shoes.

shoes274 - generally true to size, can scuff easily if you're not careful, otherwise decently comfortable to wear if you can find yourself a pair nowadays.

shoes300 - if you've got wider feet they make you look like you've got duck feet, but these also run true to size and seemed ok when I was test driving them on carpet. I ended up selling mine because they looked so bad on me so someone else can chime in about longer wears.

Regarding other brands, >>9294129 is right about buying secondhand over new bodyline. IW, VM and MM are all consistent enough about their quality from older designs til now that you can't really go wrong (save the perfume print and that elodie doll dress both from MM that had production issues). I know that IW and VM have done unlined dresses that are more suitable for hotter temperatures, and those three brands tend to go for way the hell cheaper than AP or BtSSB/AatP when it's a solid or simple floral.

From everything I've owned I'd say Meta and BtSSB/AatP are the most "inconsistent" brands - usually they're fine but once in a while you'll end up with a hell of a stinker of a dress in terms of quality. I probably lucked out with AP since other gulls have reported varying degrees of quality, and I still think VM is number one in terms of overall quality out of everything I've ever owned. JM is as good but the damn price difference does not make that great of a leap in terms of quality.

Would also argue that "indie" brands like Krad and Lief are also better than bodyline.
>>
>>9294155
decently designed bodyline is, though. while I agree with >>9294129 that I'd start with second hand brand as a newbie (that's how I got started and I don't regret it for a second), bodyline is good filler. some of my favorite throw-on-and-go pieces are bodyline.

for the OP-reasons to buy used brand:
>has resale value & you don't know what you will/won't like yet
>less likely to be a mess
>better quality and will last you longer
>cheaper shipping if you buy domestically
>>
Can anyone review AP's Heavenly Cross jsk and OP regarding fit? Also Shadow Dream Carnival jsk please.
>>
Just to let you guys know, I know what bodyline is and what quality they are. I made this forum/board/whatever for people who cant find reviews on specific dresses, because they want to know if it looks like the pictures, how it fits on different body types, etc. Thanks for looking out for me anyways, but I feel like the reply before this one is more what I meant by this post; asking for reviews/photos of what it's like. -S
>>
>>9294124
I have no idea, maybe it is? I don't know about buying it then, as I think bodyline is a bit scummy when it comes to that.
>>
>>9296187
Newfags should sit down and shut up. Lurk more.
>>
>>9296187
You don't need a signature here. Unless you are contributing something very specific we don't need to know who you are nor do we care.
>>
Can someone help me find more fit info/worn pictures of the Milky Swan JSK? Apart from model and store pictures I haven't been able to find much, I even searched through Cof but haven't seen anything and LM has only one listing. Most info I could get was from the Lolita Updates group. Any colour would be good but I'm especially interested in mint (does it look that sax irl?)
>>
>>9296195
Hey, I dont have my time to waste on a website i'm not interested in. I don't care about some stupid status such as 'oh you're a newfag so you dont get to talk', Get a life, instead of being such an idiot you think someone doesn't get to say anything/ask a question just because they don't waste their life on 4chan (no offense to you guys who really like 4chan). :)
>>
>>9296196
Okay then? I don't really care about that opinion. Thanks for contributing and telling me how things kinda work, though. :)
>>
>>9296358
>>9277695
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.