[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teatime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: TeaTimeHolidays-Featured-Web.jpg (79KB, 687x491px) Image search: [Google]
TeaTimeHolidays-Featured-Web.jpg
79KB, 687x491px
Do lolitas host tea parties? If so, only other lolitas are invited?
>>
Yes. Yes.
>>
I'd host tea parties all the time if I had anyone around to invite. I wouldn't necessarily say only Lolitas (other fancy looking J-fash would be fine too, or hell, even good historical stuff), but I'd be pretty selective about the guest list.
>>
Yes and yes
Though in my comm boyfriends as allowed.

They usually just end up doing their own thing really
>>
>>9290260
Are you new, a cosplayer, or just visiting our board?
>>
>>9290260
Who else would be invited?
>>
>>9291018
People who enjoy tea.

Not even a newfag but I have never understood the reason every meet has to have a host? Like, in my experience it almost serves no person except for big events like ILD or giant cons. Otherwise it's just a party and everyone just has fun. Having a host is a weird set up. Like when you go to normie functions, there's not a "host" directing people what to do and how to have fun.
>>
>>9291359
Just about every party has a hostess. It's not a new concept, nor a Lolita specific one. Even at normie functions, there's usually someone that's throwing the party. Even if you invite like two normie friends for a normal day at your house, you're still "hosting" the event, technically.
>>
>>9290260
yes but i only invite sissies and ageplayers
>>
>>9291364
I get the term. That's not what I mean, though. Like, in the case of my normie friends, the host is just who's house it's at. Beyond that, there is no "hosting" as it were.
>>
>>9291366
It's usually the person coordinating things.
>>
>>9291366
There's a difference between an organized party and a casual get together you have with your friends, though. I wouldn't just invite everyone over with no plans for a friend's birthday party, for example. You'd have to think about things like dinner, decorations, whether or not you want alcohol there, if you're going have the alcohol there or if it's BYOB, coordinating RSVPs, etc. Same thing with lolita tea parties. The host isn't just texting everyone in the group text to come over to her place.
>>
>>9291359
Well, if you're going to a place takes reservations, hosts will handle that, and they're the ones who take deposits if there is one needed. For free meets, they're usually the ones making sure people know where they're going and where to meet, and if the group is moving around they're the ones who keep the event updated so if anyone isn't with the group they can find them.
>>
>>9291379
To be fair, I guess my friends just invite people over as a plan, and then from there, anything seems to go. Most parties I have been to are like this, so I guess that's why the tea thing became a weird lolita only type of thing.
>>
>>9291386

That works when you have a handful of friends come over to hang out at each other's places, but our comm's meetups will typically have around 20 people showing up, give or take 5.

That's a lot of girls. Not a lot of houses will fit 20+ rufflebutts, let alone have space enough that they can all sit down in one room for tea. So we usually do cafe meetups, and we do kinda need one person who's in charge of updating all 20+ girls if we change the meetup place, and keep track whether the group has gotten big enough to need/cancel a reservation. Plus keep track of who has what dietary needs and so on. You can refer to them as the organiser if the word hostess looks weird to you, I guess.
>>
>>9291401
Ah but see, last party I went to was a giant house party. There were like 30 people there, give or take? Plus people were coming and going the entire evening. They have a two story with several different rooms and they own it so they can do whatever they want. And they aren't the only people I know that do this. The only planning that is ever involved in this shit is inviting people - and then those people invite other people type of thing.

Usually half way through most parties, someone, not the original party planner will be like "hey would it be cool to order a pizza?" and then someone will order one, not necessarily the "host" who invited people.

I guess I'm just used to things not being organized.
>>
>>9291438
Good for your friend that they have such a big house. Not all people have houses that big, especially not in cities (Lolita meetups are usually in bigger cities in central locations because nobody wants to drive to a tiny ass village or suburb)
Also Lolitas need a lot more space than normies because of the pettis, so they can't stand and sit that closely.
We prefer to eat in an environment with tables and plates/cutlery so there less of a chance that our brand gets ruined by food and drinks.
The "people invite other people" thing can happen but it can also go wrong, because there's a higher chance of non-lolita people coming (this includes itas, fetishists, sissies or cosplayers)

imagine a normie party where everyone wears huge ballgowns that are over 500$, and they don't wear them because there's a dresscode, they wear them because they love them. do you still think it would be that unorganized?
>>
>>9291438

This sounds more like a teenage beer party than anything else, to be honest.

polite sage for pointless commentary, I suppose.
>>
Where do people get their teacups from?
>>
>>9291577
Friend has a beautiful vintage set from ebay.

Antique stores will have them too. That's if you're looking for something vintage/antique, I'm not sure where people could buy cute china new. There's places that sell housewares, sure, but idk what sort of selection they'll have.

Also, marginally related: friend was hosting a smallish tea party and didn't have a big enough set, so it was a bring your own teacup thing. I thought it was really cute. Another friend has a mish-mash collection (about two dozen I'd say) of different teacups and it's really fun to watch girls try to match the teacup to their coord when picking one out.
>>
>>9291595
Bringing your own teacup sounds adorable! Infinitely better than bringing your own chair >>9291097 to be sure.
>>
>>9291359
It probably wouldn't end well for lolitas to create a tea party event that is open to the public. Though most would probably be civil, I don't doubt there would be some who mock the clothes or otherwise act like normies typically do (search the archives for normie reactions to lolitas). At best, we'd be subjected to 20 Questions about the clothes when we're just trying to enjoy ourselves. They might bring their children to "see the princesses" when that's not what the event is about. Not to mention all the sneaky photography or taking photos without permission. It is better to avoid it all together. Lolitas can't even get along well with other lolitas in their comms. It's fine for normies who are already friends with lolitas to go, but it's a no-go for people who know nothing about the subculture. If they want to go to one, they can organize their own.
>>
>>9291563
Exactly. That's the point I'm trying to get across. I'm just not used to lolita type tea parties. But also, at smaller lolita events, there will be like 20 people showing up, and the host does very little. They just invite people from the comm and rent out the venue. They don't really like, stand up and try to get people to do things. Same thing with my friends parties. There's no need past getting people to where ever.

My point is, people know how to have fun on their own, they don't need directions. I think it's weird that sometimes there is a designated person to suggest activities. Makes it feel awkward.

>>9291489
Sorry, I am not trying to brag about my friends big house. I don't have a big house and yes we all live in the city?

I know lolitas need more space. I'm one myself, but petties are squishy. I wear them to normie parties no problem.

Why do you talk about them like they're creatures??
>We prefer to eat in an environment with tables and plates/cutlery so there less of a chance that our brand gets ruined by food and drinks.

I wear lolita to lots of places so this isn't an issue for me?
>>
>>9291653
>It probably wouldn't end well for lolitas to create a tea party event that is open to the public.
What about meet ups that happen in public places like bars and stuff?
Summer ILD for my comm ended at a bar... it was fine, we had a blast... there were lots of normies. Everyone went home happy.
>>
>>9291653
>>9291779
We need bigger bodyguards. We'll name him Sebastian.
>>
>>9291779
>meet ups that happen in public places
Meetups are often held in public places (though maybe not bars), that doesn't make them open to the public, those are two different things. Yes, we're sitting in a public place but not everyone can sit with us uninvited, and if you're not wearing lolita chances are you're not invited.
>>
>>9291802
All the ones I've been to were open to the public. That's why I mentioned it.
>>
>>9291577

I got my best set from an estate auction when I was a child.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.