[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 31

File: 9518_600.jpg (92KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
9518_600.jpg
92KB, 600x450px
Old thread >>9283765
>>
File: 01.jpg (72KB, 564x636px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
72KB, 564x636px
What's everyone doing for the holidays?
>Any specific coord plans?
>Holiday-themed meetups?
>Waiting on LP/other sales?
>>
File: 1477340629061.png (128KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1477340629061.png
128KB, 500x357px
>Friend is getting more and more into Lolita
>Ask her for her christmas wish list so i can cherry pick something and mail it to her for a surprise
>Refuses
>wot.jpg
>"I dont want you sending me gifts, we are FRIENDS, anon."
>mfw
Fine, no fucking shoes or head gear for you then. More money to spend on my /k/ secret santa
>>
>>9289637
Ooh, what did you get them? I just picked up some 50s Korean War boots for my /k/ boyfriend.
>>
>>9289548
Comm already had a Christmas event, so just simple coords in red for myself for some small Christmas events. Can't wait for the Meta LPs.
>>
Any advice to wher to get good bloomers? I'm too tall for most ebay shtuff
>>
>>9289548
My comm is having a Christmas meet this Sunday but it was invite only and i was too new to the comm to be invited. So my wife and I are going to a nice dinner and seeing the nutcracker in our Christmas cordiantes.
>>
Has anyone had any experience with packages arriving in worse condition during this time of year?
>pack shipments in the same was as usual, two buyers (one who has purchased from me before) says packages are much more beat up than usual
>order items from the US, look like they have been eaten and spat out
>items via EMS don't get stuck at customs but package is dirty as hell
>>
>>9289820
A few Taobao stores custom-size them IIRC, as do western indie sellers.
>>
>>9289739
Little knives of varying design
>>
>>9289548
Probably going to have a pre Christmas meet with lolita friends. I'm also waiting for Meta's LP release. I want one of those apple dresses.
>>
>>9289922
USPS is a shit show this time of year because of their holiday guarantees despite enormous increase in volumes. Quality definitely takes a dive and I would never ship anything even remotely fragile this time of year.
>>
hey gulls,
do you know of any taobao or etsy stores that make affordable silver lolita jewelry, classic and gothic style? most stuff i find seems to be gold or antique gold, but both doesnt work with my skintone. thanks
>>
>>9289922
USPS is crap at the holidays. I got a JSK from France and it had been to hell and back. I contacted the seller and she showed me how it looked when she sent it and I couldn't fault her desu. My delivery guy dropped it over the fence which didn't help
>>
>>9289637
so what, does she only send gifts to strangers than?
i wish my friends were as thoughtful as you anon
>>
>>9290033
Not Taobao or Etsy, but have you tried the UK goth brand Alchemy Gothic? Or the Polish goth shop Restyle?
>>
>>9290133
I can vouch for them both being really good! Also flowerie88 has some nice stuff, but they are more expensive
>>
>>9290033
I can't give you anything super cheap (I guess Alchemy Gothic is pretty pricey too), but Jane Marple show up on Japanese second-hand sellers and auction sites quite a bit. They're typically 1500-3500 JPY and have key or crown motifs good for classic, I nearly bought some recently but got outbid.
>>
>>9290143
>>9290143
Misread your post and didn't realise you were just looking for silver. JM necklaces are usually gold but silver stuff does show up as well.
>>
>>9289637
Maybe she didn't have the money to get you a gift and would have felt bad receiving one from you when she got you nothing?
>>
>>9290121
>>9290161
She gave off the tone that I was trying to hit on her or something. Bitch i got a wife and a kid, why would I be messing around with some polly pocket
>>
Just how many sales is AP having this year?? Damn. My wallet is already empty AP!
>>
>>9290365
right? at least there isn't that much must-have stuff leftover. i bought the essentials i wanted while i was in SF. hopefully cutsews will be reduced nicely, considering the season?
>>
>>9289820
F+F has very good bloomers
>>
>>9290363

I think she's trying to tell you this looks bad. A married man randomly dropping a (possibly) expensive gift on a girl who isn't his wife doesn't look good, in some places the neighbours will probably start gossiping, and while you or wifey may not care, it's certainly going to be weird for the kid whenever the neighbours gossip around him.

At least involve your wifey and give the gift jointly as a couple to the girl, that way it doesn't look like you're cheating on the wife.
>>
>>9290363
Shit the way guys are now I can't really blame her for being careful to not even get close to any behavior that could be mistaken.
>>
Does anyone know of some shops that have quite extravagant/opulent gothic headwear? I'm looking for something like what voodoodolly or corgi-corgi make. Open to pretty much anything, taobao, western, Japanese, etc
>>
>>9290610
I heard of some brands called Voodoodolly and corgi corgi that might make what you're after :^)
>>
Where can I find a tan swimmer biscuit bag?
How much should I expect to spend on one?
>>
>>9290621
http://www.lolitadesu.com/biscuit-handbag-in-light-brown-tan-from-swimmer-c-d-condition/
http://www.lolitadesu.com/biscuit-handbag-in-light-brown-tan-from-swimmer-c-condition-1/
http://www.lolitadesu.com/biscuit-heart-eat-me-shouder-bag-in-light-brown-tan-from-swimmer-c-d/
http://www.lolitadesu.com/biscuit-heart-eat-me-shouder-bag-in-light-brown-tan-from-swimmer-b-c/
>>
>>9290610
Hysteria Machine, Lolita & Colita
>>
>>9290616
They said they're after something like those brands already in their post.
>>
>>9290621
30 - 40 usd seems the going rate. >>9290631
Lolitadesu horribly overpriced them. I'd advise to look at mercari. There are tons of girls selling theirs for asl low as 1000 yen. I usually search for "スイマー バッグ".

>https://item.mercari.com/jp/m883860992/
>https://item.mercari.com/jp/m743618317/
>>
>>9290363
Well the fact that you're a dude takes it into a completely different direction. I a married guy is getting me fashion items thats weird. If a man I'm married to is getting another woman fashion items thats weird. Is your wife in the fashion?
>>
>>9290637
I think anon was trying to make a joke.
>well you already know those brands so just buy from them then
>>
>>9290738
Nah she isnt, but she knows i buy my friends little gifts for christmas and us used to it. This year was a sock year, so i was busy ordering themed socks after i got all my daughters shopping done. I will admit I have 4 friends who are into Lolita and I live through them because i'll never be a pretty girl in pretty dresses, but thats as far as it goes. No weird pictures, no weird demands like "send me a pair of your used bloomers [Heavy Breathing]", just bitching about the fashion and giggling over clichés and coord discussions. Its all over skype anyway so its not like i can hide the shit. My feelings were quite hurt though that she thought it was some kind of ploy, as I love getting my friends gifts for the holidays because as a kid my friends never got me anything.
>>
Does this one look like the first release of Sweet Cream House or the second? It looks slightly modified.

http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/114470
>>
>>9289548
I wore lolita for the first time in a non-meetup/con setting at Disney World last week and attended the Christmas Party in Magic Kingdom. It was fun and I received a lot of compliments from both cast members and other park goers. One highlight was when I got a drink from a Starbucks in MK and discovered that the girl who took my order wrote "Princess [My name]" on my cup and drew a Princess Minnie balloon. I thought that was cute.

Other than that, I have a coord I might wear on Christmas but no other holiday plans.
>>
File: GloriaShoulderFrillJSK-iv.jpg (17KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
GloriaShoulderFrillJSK-iv.jpg
17KB, 280x373px
So I haven't worn this dress for over a year. I decided to just it out for a local Christmas festival this weekend but there seem to be little spots? Food? Dirt? I'm not sure. I'm terrifiedbof running my dress, how do I clean velvet? Is dry cleaning my only option? The wait time at the cleaners is a week but the event is in 2 days...
>>
>>9290826
This is the special set released last year.

http://lolibrary.org/apparel/sweet-cream-house-special-jsk-set
>>
>>9290641
>>9290631
Thanks, anons! Glad I asked then because I was prepared to spend a lot more than that, but now I can buy some jewellery and stuff too.
>>
>>9290826
>it says "Special Set" in the listing title
anon...
>>
>>9290858
Brown spots?
That's mold girl, I'm sorry
>>
>>9290858
Try mixing lemon juice and baking soda diluted with water for spot cleaning. Test it somewhere first that you won't see (like on the tip of a waist tie) to check if it's okay for the dress. Should work
>>
>>9290754
Geez, try and see it from her point of view. Maybe she did have someone try to use gift giving as an excuse to ask for something more or it's made things awkward in the past with that guy's SO.
>>
>>9290754
Just because you are the token good guy doesn't mean it's not reasonable of a girl to decline a married guy's gift.
>>
>>9290897
Might not be, could be contact rust spots or stains from droplets of coffee or tea falling the dress, I've had both on dresses before and never had mold.
>>
>>9290634
Thanks! I like the stuff in the first shop! But the second one appears to be a bathing suit shop? At least that's all I could find
>>
File: 1481787638703.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1481787638703.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>9290973
>Just because you are the token good guy

Thanks, bro.
>>
Is there any way to get replacement buttons for a specific AP dress?
>>
>>9291400

Specific AP buttons from AP specifically, no, not really.

If it doesn't have the AP logo on it, you can try scouring taobao, Ali, eBay, rakuten and so on, see if a similar button is available in other places. The gold star shape, gold seashell and the transparent rose buttons are the easier ones to find.

Alternatively, you might consider replacing all of the buttons on a dress to something else so that it looks uniform at least.
>>
>>9291031
https://shop109838540.taobao.com/?spm=a313o.7775905.1998679131.d0011.RNBPHe
>>
>>9291448
Thank you!
>>
Anybody else has their parents or anything being assholes about it?
I'm 21 but I still live at home (muh studies) and even though i "respect their opinion" and try not to wear it around them sometimes my dad can be quite an asshole about it.

>receives a package
>visibly very happy
>dad chimes in
>"ugh,it's your chinese doll clothes again?"
>"Oh uh...yes"
>"urghhh"

>goes to disneyland with family
>get told it was fine if i was dressed up in lolita for this day
>decides to tone it down a lot so they're still comfortable around me
>white OP cutsew,peach pink coat and white boots,beret, nothing more
>dad avoids me all day and grunts about "everyone looking at us"

But two years ago we went to another amusement park, i only wore a cardigan,shorts (decent lenght) with those weeby cat tights and converses and he complained to my mom about how "everyone was looking at us!1!" because of my tights. So maybe he's just super conservative about fashion.

My mom is letting me do my thing even though she isn't super happy about it.
Am I a disappointment for my parents...?
>>
>>9291565
incompetent father covers up his lack of ability in defending and accepting his daughter's decisions with cynicism due to fear of being seen as gay because respecting your decisions would make them feel like his decisions
>>
>>9291568
>respecting your decisions would make them feel like his decisions
That would make sense if anon was five.
>>
>>9291568
Heh. That's an interesting approach.
But really,he's being a dick about it like calling it a costume just to spite me even though i kindly explained that it wasn't.
I get he might be worried about me getting attacked or some shit, and that's really sweet to worry about me, but he needs to stop being so pushy about it.
>>
>>9291575
To me it sounds like he's more worried about himself and how the public perceives him for being with you when you're dressed up. It doesn't necessarily mean people are being judgmental when they look but he's so concerned with what people might think that he can't focus on anything else. Honestly, throwing a fit because people are totally staring at you because of your cat tights is beyond irrational.
>>
>>9289539
Question for any gulls who've worn lolita to Disneyland/similiar themeparks before- Do you find it in anyway restricting/you're not able to wear it on some rides etc.?

My family is gifting me a trip to Japan for my 21st and I really want to wear lolita to Disneyland so I can take cute pictures and shit. However, I also don't want to miss out on going on some of the rides etc. because i'm worried about damaging my outfit. Did any of you find it inconvenient in anyway?
>>
>>9291679
I went on a water ride (kinda?), the pirates of the Caribbean one, and that's the only time I felt mildly inconvenienced. Obviously don't go full poof and stick with something that isn't your holy grail dress. Simple is best. Shoes that are comfy enough to walk in, and perhaps socks rather than tights because you'll be walking a lot and you may bore a hole in them

Worst case, I recommend bringing stain wipes or to go sticks as well as a small towelette to sit on in case there's a dirty ride seat or something
>>
>>9291679
I wore Otome and I didn't have any issues with the rides and I don't really think you'd have problems when wearing Lolita either. Maybe just don't go over the top with poof.
>>
>>9290859
>>9290880

Oh.... I am retarded. Is it the Raspberry Pink or the Pastel pink, though? I bought the wrong pink last time (holding onto it long enough to shoot pics with it next to the Raspberry as a public service). I want the darker, berry-ish one because the pastel is too washed out for me.
>>
I'm full of mixed feelings right now. I really wanted AP Antique Chocolaterie in wine, had it in my shopping cart and was about to check out but the last one was bought by someone else as I was doing that. On the bright side, the navy one is cute so I got that instead, but damn. It bugs me that I missed it by a matter of a minute.
>>
how was the san fran AP party? Anyone go?
>>
>>9292088
The girl that won the coord contest wasn't wearing legwear and two of the prizes went missing from the table.
>>
>>9291679
I wore it to Disney World in Florida in both December and May and I had no problems since I went with fairly light poof. I didn't go on anything crazy like Splash Mountain though.
>>
>>9292088
aside from >>9292095 , it was really great! the food was tasty, the service was good, risa and asuka were risa and asuka, and the upcoming releases looked cute in person. everybody was very polite, at least in person. i think it was a success.
>>
>>9292108
It was so much better than previous years. The hotel was so fancy too!
>>
>>9292113
really? this was my first brand event, so i guess it was a really good one to go to! and i've always wanted an excuse to hang around at the ritz. the environment was so nice, and i've never seen so many well-dressed lolitas in one space.
>>
>>9292088
>>9292095
>>9292108
I was a little disappointed this year! The food was only okay and it was stone cold, not even room temperature, and this was the case when I asked the girls at my table. The food was also hard to eat, everything kept falling off the fork and the cupcake was very dry. Plus, it was hard to flag down the wait staff. I kind of expected more from the Ritz. Great venue though!

The fashion show was great, no complaints. However, I was genuinely bummed that there were no games. Too much time to mingle and take photos but I guess people didn't mind it.

Also, I noticed the phone cases are back in store, still in gift wrapping...
>>
>>9292142
The meal I had was great and all the dishes seemed like they were intended to be cold. Also the staff was really attentive to my table so we had no issues. I agree about the cupcakes though. Either way, the food was so much better compared to what they served last year.
>>
>>9291679

Went to Disney Sea, low poof is definitely the way to go -- the seats will fit a healthy-sized person, full poof will overflow on many rides, annoying the people around you. There were some storage lockers, so if you really want full poof photos you can take the photos first, then store your petti in the lockers while you go for rides, then pick them up again before you go home. Just remember to bring 100yen coins for the lockers.

I didn't do anything too wild either, but there was this random ride that turned out to be a 3D experience and we got mildly "rained" on (I'm a dumbass that couldn't read the ride description though). So I guess bring something in your purse, to clean up if you do end up getting splashed and your makeup runs, or something.
>>
>>9292152
What were the dishes?
I suspect >>9292142 is leaving some yelp tier review...
>>
File: IMG_8489.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8489.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9292169
I got the steak set and it came with a kale salad, steak with Asian dressing, noodle salad and the cupcake. It was pretty underwhelming for me.
>>
>>9292152
Unfortunately, my table was ignored for a while but we did see tables getting great service. I actually enjoyed the food last year at the Westin!

>>9292169
No yelp review, but it threw me off. I just expected more when the ticket was $100 and the venue has a name that carries a reputation with it for quality and excellence. I get that the salad and side was supposed to be cold but the steak was too. It wasn't particularly pleasant to eat when the fat was congealed.
>>
>>9292095
She had on sheer tights I thought. Either way, she definitely wouldn't have been my first pick for best outfit. She was cute, but there were a lot better coordinates. The gal in the Heavenly Cross special set was gorgeous.
>>
>>9292198
It was well plated that's for sure. Do you have anything to compare it to?
>>
>>9292142

were the phone cases specific to a type of phone? Maybe they last minute decided it'd be crappy if someone who couldn't use the case won it.
>>
>>9292198

I got the fish set. Would've been nice if it were warm, but still the best fish I've ever had.

I was really unimpressed with the size of the meal and especially the cupcake. $100 party for a cupcake that looks like it came from a grocery store? Come on now... it's lolita, dessert should be something fucking fancy
>>
>>9292227
They just call it a smartphone case but have an iPhone in the detail shots, so maybe it's universal.
>>
>>9292238
Camera placement is different on different phones so it can't be universal. Unless it's a wallet phone case - but those are fucking lame.
>>
Potential stupid question: how long does ap usa take to ship? I bought one of the special sets that came out last week and the next day they sent me an email with the tracking number, but it literally hasn't updated all week. This is the first time I've ever ordered from them so I'm not sure what's normal and what could be a issue.
>>
>>9292315

They ship pretty damn quick in my experience. Call or email them to see what's up.
>>
>>9292315
NYCfag here
Took them a couple days to update my order, then a week for the shipping to work and after that it arrive about three days later to come across the country.

All depends on how HR had their coffee made they day you ordered I suppose.
>>
How does one wear pastels/sweet lolita without feeling like a retarded toddler?
I'm really struggling here, got an adorable OP and a few jsks but I can't wear it without feeling like an idiot and I'm too self conscious to even put it on at this point.
I am normally fine with light coloured classic dresses, but the sweetness makes it uncomfortable.
>>
File: 02281620_56d29fd357c75.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
02281620_56d29fd357c75.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
>>9292340
>How does one wear pastels/sweet lolita without feeling like a retarded toddler?
I've never seen it this way. Also one time I was wearing pic related with just white everything else casually, and someone called me a fairy godmother. Whatever.

>I'm really struggling here, got an adorable OP and a few jsks but I can't wear it without feeling like an idiot and I'm too self conscious to even put it on at this point.
Why did you buy it? Because you liked it on other people or because you wanted to change what you wear?

>I am normally fine with light coloured classic dresses, but the sweetness makes it uncomfortable.
Maybe give examples of the new sweet dresses you bought? Do they have prints?
>>
File: IMG_2832.jpg (26KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2832.jpg
26KB, 332x443px
>>9292350
I've never seen it worn, it was just really cute. I'm specifically struggling with this dress, it is adorable on the mannequin but on me it just feels weirdly proportioned, especially in the shoulders - puff sleeves seem waaaay too big.
>>
>>9292340
>>9292356
you send it to me so that i can wear it better
>>
>>9292356
At first you came off like you were worried about how you would seem in public, but now you seem like you just aren't sure if that specific dress is right for you.

I don't have this problem because I buy stuff I like and then I get happy when I wear it.
If you tried it on and weren't happy with it, then I would say it's not for you.

But that's different than worrying about how you're gonna look when you wear it out and whether or not people are gonna give you shit about it.

Do you think sweet is toddler wear or don't you?

At the end of the day, this is up to you.
>>
>>9292384
Ok thank you anon. I don't think the dress itself is toddler-y but the proportions do make me feel like an overgrown child. I'll hold on to it a bit and see if I like it more.
>>
So I got Otome no sewing 10
Its a little late so im not sure if its already been posted
Does anyone want a list of the patterns or anything?
>>
>>9292437
Yes please! It would be very helpful to see what the dresses actually look like, if you don't mind taking a few pictures? Sometimes they can be very similar between issues
>>
>>9292199
But the $100 wasn't only going to food. I think a good guess at the food's base cost was probably $50-$60 with 25% gratuity, and then with an exorbitant room rental fee on top of that. Hotel food is usually very expensive in comparison to what you actually get.
>>
>>9292219
Here's an example from last year. They gave us tiny plates and there was a buffet we had to line up for. The food ran out pretty quickly.
>>
Would you say Milky Ange is a lolita brand or a cosplay brand?
>>
is it just me or is lolibrary always offline. I just want to check the listed measurements on a dress I want to sell and can't access the page.
>>
>>9292679
how new are you?
>>
>>9292662
Cosplay. Although their clothes do come in larger sizes.
>>
>>9292749
I know it's been going down for months now. But it was up earlier and then suddenly it went down again. Why can't they get the sites shit together and start a crowd funding or something so they can get more dedicated servers. Don't need to be a bitch about it. Just state the obvious and move on.
>>
>>9292792
if you already know, why even bother asking
>>
>>9290033
Bonbon Maléfique
>>
>>9292239
How are they lame though?
>>
>>9292905
They can't be universal because camera holes won't line up- if it's a wallet, I've seen some that don't have a hole at all, let alone one that would line up.
>>
>>9292854
>shoehorning red

Disgusting.
>>
>>9292854
someone should tell them that the petticoat should go under the dress not your head. tsk tsk. milanoo lolitas
>>
I'm looking for some cute accessories like brooches and pins with a food/otome vibe. Any good etsy stores?
>>
File: IMG_2758.jpg (148KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2758.jpg
148KB, 800x800px
I usually buy AP only but I need to make an exception. http://www.babyssb.co.jp/info/idol_mastar/
>>
>>9292887
to see if its just me or every one else. duh.
>>
>>9293473
how new are you?
>>
>>9293475
Why must you use this meme?
>>
>>9293494
it's pretty accurate, seeing as it's common knowledge that lolibrary is constantly doing that
>>
>>9293494
everybody else here knows that lolibrary is down, for everybody, at least half the time

also, stop taking the bait. how new are you?
>>
>>9289922

Got two packages delivered via FedEx last week and they both looked like they had been kicked across the floor. One was even opened and re-taped on the bottom like someone had tried to snoop through it. Hope you liked my weird Weaboo badge ribbons, random Fedex dude.
>>
>>9293473
>downforeveryoneorjustme.com
>>
>>9292318
>>9292329
Sent them an email about it today! Hopefully they ship it out sometime soon so I can get it before the holidays.
>>
>>9289539
Do you think frilly turtlenecks look okay with skirts?
>>
>>9293899
Could work, but make sure to add a large necklace to add contrast. Add cuffs/bracelets as well if possible.
>>
>>9292662
I would say neither.
they probably consider themselves more a historically inspired/high end maid clothing brand.
the construction is incredible from what I've seen and they only call a few of their items "costume" wear. their stuff is way too pricey for just general cosplay.

a lot of it is loliable, but I wouldn't call them a lolita brand per se. their blouses and innerwear look pretty good.
If I had maids, I would buy them all milky ange sets. the amount of removable/adjustable pieces puts Meta to shame.
>love me some Meta tho
>>
>>9293643
this
>>
>>9293899
yes and i wish i could find some that had puffed sleeves
>>
>>9293956
The fabrics are not lolita-tier quality tough. If it's too dress up as a maid that's considered cosplay too, or do they sell it to maid cafés?
>>
>>9292315
It's more likely the postal system being clogged because of Christmas.
>>
>>9292662
>>9293956

Maybe there's a category out there for "weeb" brand. They don't do any recognizeable cosplays and don't seem to take commissions, so that pretty much rules out cosplay. But almost everything they make now seems to be either weeby maido, nun or "princess/lady gown" costumes that don't quite fit lolita.
>>
>>9293899
Depends how frilly and depends on the skirt. I think they look better with high waisted skirts.
>>
Opinion in regards to the annual ritual of wardrobe posting on lj...

So for the past 3 years I've done a wardrobe post, even when it was small and shitty after my first year in lolita. This year I am considering not posting, because last month I moved to Japan and left more than half my wardrobe in storage. I know it doesn't really matter to anyone else, but this kind of makes me sad, as it makes me feel like I left lolita behind even though I am here in Japan now. Would anyone be interested in seeing such a post?
>>
>>9294251
I like well curated small wardrobe posts better than the behemoths. You can spend more time focusing on your presentation.
>>
>>9294184
>that pretty much rules out cosplay
That's still considered cosplay in Jpn tough. If they make the dresses to cosplay as a maid it is a cosplay brand. It's also possible they cater to maid cafés and idols and stuff.
>>
>>9294251
Definitely, half a wardrobe is still a wardrobe and good pictures/details are always worth looking at.

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down about your move and leaving things behind
>>
Do you guys think there will be an influx of new people in the fashion now that Haenuli is getting all this attention from normies?
>>
>>9294625
They are?
All the normies I know are out of the loop still. They get a wide release or something?
>>
>>9294625
Lol no.
>>
>>9294625
Nope. Haenuli as a brand doesn't have a strong enough presence in the lolita community or a portfolio big enough to really be impressive to normies. As far as they're concerned, she's an artist first and a clothing designer second.
>>
>>9293252
looks like a cheap taobao cosplay
>>
>>9294669
They released artwork that got super popular in the last days, some of them made it to 9gag.

I'm confused about who the artist is though. I thought Haenuli are two persons: Nunu and Shin. The artworks are signed with only haenuli, the cover of the artbooks says heanuli shin but she draws herself as the duck which I thought was Nunu.
>>
>>9294731
They're the same person, Nunu is Shin's nickname I think
>>
>>9294731
I think maybe the characters are "Nunu" and "Shin" but it's just Nunu/Haenuli who runs the brand.
>>
>>9294676
Agreed. Some of her artworks really good, but the horror stories ive heard about Haenulis poor construction and weirdass measurements has put me off ever wanting to buy from her.
>>
>>9294751
Strange, i have a few of her dresses and theyve always been well constructed and beautiful! Only thing is the measurements tend to be bigger than listed
>>
>>9294731
Shin is Haenuli's last/family name. The characters we usually see are her (duck) and her assistant, jee (cat looking person)
>>
>>9294772
thanks for clarification!

>>9294751
I never heard about quality issues with haenuli. Their dress cuts do have a long torso which caused a few fiting issues tho
>>
>>9294781
>>9294767

Construction issues mainly involving very long torsos, and very tube-like bodices, leading to fit issues.
>>
>>9294625
the normies ive noticed sharing her works think that its just "totes romantic emo artz" most of them are scene kids or adults who used to be scene/emo
some of them have been friends with me for ages and didnt even realize till i pointed out that it says "lolita fashion" on her watermark
>>
File: Cz4fkCQVEAAV8El.jpg (68KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
Cz4fkCQVEAAV8El.jpg
68KB, 720x450px
>>
>>9290133
Can vouch for Alchemy Gothic. Prices/shipping are reasonable and they ship out super fast.
>>
If I'm a size 6 US, should I buy M or L size Japanese shoes?

I'm going for M, but I just want to make sure since when I tried measuring my own feet, it came up to 24 cm, which is L, but according to this shoe size chart I should be a M

>http://www.dancesport.uk.com/shoes/conchart.htm
>>
>>9295028
aren't Japanese sizes listed as cm?
>>
>>9295028
I'm a true US size 7 and I fit L. For some brands and shoe styles, M might even be a little big for you if you're actually a us size 6 and your feet aren't wide.
>>
>>9294916
Royal Princess Alice always makes me feel like I'm having a fever dream
>>
>>9295028
Just go for M. You also have to account for socks.
>>
>>9295028
m

I'm a 7-7.5and wear L

measuring your feet never works by yourself
>>
>>9295065
s/m/l is very common among Japanese shoes

themoreyouknow.jpg
>>
>>9295028
I wear a US 6 or 6.5 and M is usually either exactly right or a tad big (solved with insoles).
Occasionally (particularly with Dreamv), I wear an S.
>>
>>9294731
You go on fucking 9gag?
>>
>>9295149
Haenuli shared it to her fb. Diff anon but I don't go on 9gag and that's how I saw it.
>>
>>9289637
Now I worry I've offended at least one well off person by refusing an expensive gift/offer.
>>
>>9290858
I swear my heart skipped a beat. Mold? Ewww.
>>
How much is an acceptable price for a very faded coat?

I saw a Moitie coat on LM, I want, but it's severely faded. BIN is $140.
>>
File: C0M7U_9VIAED-HR.jpg (162KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
C0M7U_9VIAED-HR.jpg
162KB, 1200x848px
>>
>>9295215
why did you answer a question not meant for you?
>>
>>9295458
Idk but someone I know also has that coat and washed it several times, and it looks fine. I don't believe it would fade that much from handwashing it once. It's rare tough so if you want it and have the money you should get it.
>>
File: CzEyFsUVIAABYSh.jpg (181KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CzEyFsUVIAABYSh.jpg
181KB, 900x1200px
>>9295538
They are too cute.
http://merrygoround.theshop.jp/items/4260937
>>
File: waaaant.jpg (492KB, 636x850px) Image search: [Google]
waaaant.jpg
492KB, 636x850px
>>9295077
I can dig it.
>>
>>9294545
everything is made to order and not with a factory from what I can tell. I think the brand owner creates everything for long-time wear so I definitely think it is more fashion oriented than cosplay. If meido-kei is a thing, Milky Ange would def be the primary brand.

>>9294801
but that's not a construction/execution issue, that's a design issue for people with smaller torsos. IW and MM are notorious for the same issues, but it isn't a strike against the brand. it just limits the people who can wear some of the dresses.

>>9294916
I'm getting tired of chiffon overlays....
>>
>>9294625
speaking of haenuli, have you guys seen this Korean news show that featured lolita and haenuli?
Haenuli/videos/274569459327647/
I just found it on her FB and thought it was super sweet. I remember a thread about kids in lolita a while back and this has really re-lit my maternal flame lol
can't wait to have some kids to dress up
>>
>>9295543
That's good to know. It just looks so faded though, perhaps it's my monitor.

I may buy it, thanks!
>>
>>9295070
I'm a size 8. Am I fucked for brand shoes?
>>
>>9296058
You know they make LL, right? It isn't that hard to find in brand shoes
>>
>>9296071
The new ones I was looking at didn't have the LL size..
>>
>>9295540
why do you care?
>>
>>9296071
Not all brands make LL. Some brands even skimp on making S sometimes.
>>
>>9295640

That's the part about milky ange that confuses me, they're a bit too long term wear, if you get what I mean. The current hip trends are delicate chiffon fabric that snags if you so much as blink at it but we wear it and deal with its fragility because fashion, milky ange just seems rather utilitarian in their fabric choices. Lends more weight to the theory that they make maido cafe costumes, I suppose, since the wear and tear of a waitressing uniform is probably far higher.

(I do get what you mean with the outfits being intended to last longer than just one day at a con, this is in addition to that)
>>
Stupid question, but what does "kei" mean in relation to fashion?
>>
>>9296058
H-have you tried looking like at all???
>>
File: WWpetti.png (484KB, 501x501px) Image search: [Google]
WWpetti.png
484KB, 501x501px
I saw that Wunderwelt is selling petticoats recently. I haven't seen any reviews yet. Has anyone here bought one?
>>
I sometimes see System'id' on blogs but I can't find anything about them, do they just.. not have a website?
>>
>>9296595
Japanese word that translates to "style" in English.
>>
>>9296619
Thanks! When I googled it translated to group/system.
>>
>>9296598
Yes and the ones I want don't come in LL.
>>
>>9295028
I'm a ~6.5 (37 EU), and I wear S in AP. I tried both tea parties and a platform style in M, and both were too big.
My friend wears 7-7.5, and she wears M.

If you do go for the M, you can always make them a bit tighter by adding insoles.
>>
>>9296637
You should be able to wear L at size 8.

I've been gone from 4chan for about 6 months or so due to work/taking a break from lolita.
I heard some shit went down with restructuring the site and whatnot, but what the hell happened to /cgl/? It seems way slower than it did even just at the beginning of the year. Did everyone go somewhere?
>>
>>9296058
I am an 8 and practically always fit L.
>>
Don't think it needs its own thread yet since it's months from now, but how many of you gulls are going to Omnia Vanitas? I'm already really pumped and it's still 2016. Leur Getter and Peppermint Fox are going to take all of my money.
>>
So has anyone received any of the lucky packs and/or special sets that AP USA released almost 2 weeks ago?

Saw the anon upthread ask about it, so I sent ap an email with my concerns. They claim they shipped my shit out on the 10th, same day I bought it, but usps tracking says they haven't even received the package yet. Is it just because of the holidays? Or is ap lying their asses off about having shipped?

I'm starting to get a bit pissed off, especially since ap charged $23 for domestic shipping and it's starting to feel like ordering from japan is faster than my own country.
>>
>>9296867
$23!? JFC AP USA. That's a blatant rip-off. Isn't EMS from Japan Iike $30 on average?
>>
>>9296869
Yeah, I tend to only pay about $25 for EMS when I buy shit from closetchild or wunderwelt!
>>
>>9296869
>>9296871

And now you know why people dislike AP USA and say the owner scalps. The dress price may be fixed, she gets you back at the shipping and "handling".
>>
>>9296631
Because that is the correct translation, kei refers to "a group that shares something in common", that can be refering to techincal stuff as well as people (the same reason for why the kei suffix does sometimes refer to an interest group rather than a style).
>>
>>9296867
theyre lying; if they sentit out, tracking would have updated ant it would have arrived. file a chargeback or pp claim.
>>
Is it a bad idea to ask an SS to inquire about buying an auction item that expired not long ago but hasn't been relisted?
>>
>>9297001
You okay anon? Sounds like you're having a seizure. It are drunk typing.
>>
>>9296618
Pretty sure they just have social media rather than an actual brand website. Atelier Pierrot stock most of their items.
>>
>>9294625
You're an absolute moron.
>>
>>9295640
Their long, saggy tube bodices most definitely are a construction issue. They don't fit/look good on anyone.
>>
>>9296850
I hesitated to buy a ticket (lone lolita nerves) and I regret it so much.
>>
>>9297288
They look good on people with long torsos, just like high waists look good on people with shorter torsos
>>
>>9297292
If you change your mind, there's a Facebook group where people are selling extra tickets. I'm sure more people will have some for sale in Jan-Feb. Though if you're coming from far away, it might be a pain to book airfare. Sorry, anon-chan.
>>
>>9296850
Does Leur Getter even know what otome kei is tough?
>>
>>9297166
If it's on yahoo auctions they won't do it. I've asked Japonica, Chibitenshi and Fromjapan and no success.
>>
>>9297166
Try asking Muuh Tokyo or Momoirokumasan. Small chance they'll do it, if it's been less than a week.
>>
File: 111002888.jpg (87KB, 425x567px) Image search: [Google]
111002888.jpg
87KB, 425x567px
Is everyone ready for a new moitie print to finally come out?
>>
>>9297408
Awwwwwww fuck me silly i need this shit right here.
>>
>>9297408
I wish these came in L so the letters wouldn't get distorted on my huge calves
>>
>>9297408
Bampire Romance will forever have a precious place in my heart
>>
>>9297458
Thanks for pointing out Anon, I didn't even notice at first.
>>
>>9297331
>>9297331
I'm in the UK so fairly close! I signed up to the ticket selling thread so I still have some hope.
>>
>>9297467
Oh nice! Best of luck, anon. I really do think more tickets will be available soon.
>>
>>9294545
>>9295640
There are lifestyle maids in Japan, Candyfruit was the first brand to only focus on them.
>>9296155
They are more into historical lolita fashion according to their GLB features.
>>
>>9297323
IW may have somewhat tubular bodices but the construction is such that they're not super saggy, but instead are more suited to smaller cup sizes. They're still also a sensible bodice length and they offer different cuts and sizes tat have difference bodice lengths. Haenuli's proportions are off even compared to IW.
>>
Since the stupid questions thread is in autosage, I'll ask here. How much do AP cutsews stretch? The listed measurement is 86 cm, but I'm 91 cm, would I have a hope of them fitting, or should I just give up and look some where else?

And on that note, is there anywhere I can get cute cutsews that are more on the basic side? I'm looking to start a casual j-fash and/or lolita wardrobe.
>>
>>9297182
Those look like pretty normal mobile mistypes, get some water to balance out that saltiness, sweetie.
>>
>>9297639
You might be able to wear it but it'll look bad and it's usually easy to tell for other people that it isn't your size, especially with tops because of the shoulder seam.
>>
>>9297467
I'll be alone too, m-maybe we can hang out?
>>
>>9297639
Agreeing with >>9297651 as I had the same issue and ended up selling the cutsew. Bust area WILL look bad. Maxicimam has a Lovely line for plus size, may be worth checking out since they are sweet oriented too
>>
>>9297690
Yo if you mean alone at the event, I'd be down to hang out. I'm new to europe and only have acquaintances in nearby comms and those comms are 3-4 hours away.
>>
>>9297651
>>9297694
Okay, thanks for the input. Also, I'm not necessarily looking for plus size (I guess I would be in this fashion though, wouldn't I), but I'll check it out anyways. Worse comes to worst I'll try to find a shirt similar to what I'm looking for and take a pattern from it.
>>
>>9297707
I have a small bust (82 cm) and some AP cutsews end up looking too small for me because I have a long torso even though I'm short
>>
>>9297725
They make them shortish because they have to go with a high waist skirt
>>
>>9297725
>>9297729
I'm 5'10" with a decently long torso, so I guess it was doomed to fail from the start. Of all the brands, I thought I'd have the most luck with AP, but I guess I'll stick with the unitard I got from F21 for now until I figure something else out.
>>
>>9297729
I know, but I can't wear some of my AP cutsews with skirts, only jumperskirts, because in order for them to not look like a half top with a skirt I'd have to pull the skirt up past my waist

it just looks super weird. plus I have a disproportionately long skinny torso. I look like I'd be a tall chick if you only see me sitting down. I have short, stumpy legs.
>>
>>9289820
Elegy
>>
>>9297690
What a lovely offer anon, I wouldn't want to disappoint you should I not get a ticket but hopefully there'll be an even thread closer to the time and all us lonelitas can keep each other company.
>>
>>9297707
Oh anon I don't mean you're plus size (otherwise I will be too), just that Lovely makes larger cutsews that could fit you better than standard AP. Should've worded it better.
>>
>>9297866
Sorry, I realized that just now, I guess it's from being called plus sized whenever I talk say I'm worried about fitting into this or that dress. I checked them out, though, and they're not really what I'm looking for, but I appreciate the suggestion.
>>
>>9297751
I am the same way - I can only wear AP cutsews with JSKs too otherwise it'll be like I'm wearing a croptop most of the time.
>>
>>9297639
Axes Femme/Fint/Amavel might be worth looking into for more basic but cute cutsews as well, since their sizing is a bit more forgiving than most of the lolita brands.
>>
Are brand (AP) knee high socks strechy? I'm 5"11 and i'm wondering if i should just go for otks and use them as knee high. I don't want to look awful!
>>
>>9297929
Some are, some aren't; I've had good luck with them. The Berry Garden OTKs I have are HUGE; like they're incredibly tall friendly, but other releases aren't as long.
>>
>>9297929
I don't know about their print socks, but AP's cotton lace-topped socks go much higher than the Baby/IW ones I've seen, they're almost thigh-high and nice and stretchy.
>>
File: m845636686_1.jpg (20KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
m845636686_1.jpg
20KB, 720x720px
>>9297952
>>9298028
I'll guess i'll test my luck then
>>
>>9297323
Could you shill any harder? Their construction is shit.
>>
>>9298237
I take it you haven't ordered from them lately, if ever. Their long bodice problems are at least a couple years past, and their construction besides the long bodices has always been pretty good quality.
>>
>>9298241
No, because I don't have terrible taste. But some local girls have pieces by them. And the construction issues are very evident in pictures. Sorry that your fave brand is tacky and poor quality.
>>
>>9298256
I saw The Little Prince print and the colours were a horrific eyesore. Really clashing and just bad. The sewing was poor with lots of loose threads and the proportions weren't just meant for tall lolitas. Some of Haenulis art is gorgeous such as the Phantom print art but I wouldn't buy Lolita pieces from her. She sounds great fun to be around and does some artistic talent but the garment construction lets the brand down.
>>
>>9298256
The quality isn't on par with brand, but to pretend that the quality is flat out bad is completely dishonest
>>
Secrets
>>
>>9298308
DESU I actually kinda enjoyed them this week
>>
>>9298218
Those aren't the ones I have and look short, but I hope it works out for you! You can always wear them as knee socks.
>>
>>9298218
These knee-high socks are going to be quite short on you
>>
>>9296607
id love to see a review for these as well as Diamond Honey petticoats. i heard CCs are just meh CP tier
>>
>>9298256
Damn, you sure have a hateboner for haenuli. Sorry your panties got tied in a knot; hopefully one day you'll be mature enough to accept people have different tastes and that you're misinformed and behind on times, sweetie.
>>
>>9298621
Lol, nice bait. Everyone on the whole agrees that their prints are lacking and their bodices in particular are terribly made. Not to mention their saggy skirts and making things 10cm+ bigger than the stated measurements. They need to step up.
>>
>>9298820
Not that anon, but you really shouldn't be making such sweeping generalizations to justify your own hatred. They've fixed their bodice problems at least for a year already, and their skirts are fine. I ordered their Jellyfish series and it fit me well, I haven't seen any sign of the problems you're trying to state as fact.
>>
>>9298820
I'm impressed you polled everyone on cgl! It's so nice knowing that here is a hivemind and that everyone agrees to what you said!
>>
>>9298860
It's good that things have been sorted on the fit issues.
>>
>>9298860
lol, the jellyfish release was one of the worst yet
>>
What have you got for christmas gulls?

From my family,boyfriend,friends,... I got
>two lush soaps
>two vintage pastel cookie boxes for accessories
>a liz liza sweater
>some offbrand lolita shoes
>a Sailor Moon nendoroid
>the matching beret for my Royal Chocolate
>a pair of AP socks
>a tsum tsum
>180$

It's not much but it's nice i guess
>>
>>9299019
>It's not much but it's nice i guess
>being this ungrateful
>>
>>9299019
Nothing

>>9299021
This
>>
>>9289548
I am sick alone in bed with a fever and feel bloated and hard to breathe.

I didn't get any presents or lucky packs either.

My coord is frumpy pajamas with hoodie.
>>
>>9299030
Same on all of it.
We're twinning.
>>
>>9299019
You sound incredibly spoiled and ungrateful.

I got:
Pokemon Moon, lots of chocolate, a Gengar plushie, Haunter/Gastly/Gengar phone charms, heaps of socks and undies, a casual top, a super soft triangle pillow for reading + 2 pillow cases, a book, a big bag full of Japanese snacks and drinks, a floral doona cover, some pretty Christmas decorations, a deer notepad and pencils set, some gorgeous ribbon I can use for sewing, and of course lovely cards with a very sweet message in particular from my boyfriend. Also got some great presents from my local D&D group's secret santa: a windchime with my name on it (which is hard to find), a cute mushroom ornament, a grow your own pug kit and a pug lip gloss. I got everything I wanted and more aside from not being able to see all of my relatives. First year not getting a small lolita item but I tend to just buy everything I want for myself, it's easier that way.
>>
>>9299031
Yay twinsies.
>>
>>9299038
I hope the fact you're not alone helps. I'm clinging to my humidifier for dear life.
>>
>>9299019
You sound like you got a lot of nice stuff, so suck it up and let it sink in that you got a lot of nice stuff.

I got a salad spinner and waffle maker and am seriously overjoyed. I wanted a waffle maker for so long. I love cooking so adding things to my kitchen arsenal makes me so happy.

I usually get one small Jfash related item every year but not this year, so I treated myself to a cheap old Meta JSK.
>>
>>9299033
>grow your own pug

... Anon, explain
>>
>>9299019
Implying that's not much.

My dad loves giving Irish gifts so this year he got us all real silk scarves from Ireland and rings made out of old Irish coins.

He also got me and my brother copper bracelets with the the Hobbit quote "not all those who wander are lost"

Grandma bought me my favorite dried sausage from the smokehaus and my aunt and cousin made me bath bombs, soaps, and bookmarks. Also got some money.

My mom is giving me a pair of new steel toe boots that were too small for her
>>
>>9299019
I got a couple of cute accessories including a Swimmer berry from friends and a Mi Band for fitness.
Only thing I got from my family this year was a gingerbread man but it's ok! They probably think I'm old enough to get my own gifts.

Christmas is about appreciating what you have and showing your appreciation to others anon. I'll be glad to receive even just a handwritten card from my friends to tell me that they're doing well.
>>
>>9299069
*beret
Thanks autocorrect
>>
>>9289548
My plan this Christmas is to wear copious amounts of velvet.
Never mind that I live in a tropical country and will probably die from heatstroke.
>>
>>9299019
This year was really nice. My boyfriend fucked up the last years really badly luckily not this year. I always hope for something cute or lolita related but he simply has no feel for it. But he scored big with my other passion and got me a season pass for a theme park near us.
My mom gave me money and the obligatory small lush items. My mother in-law got some cute and useful tidbits like always.

It might sound like nothing overwheing but it's an awesome turnout for me.
>>
My boyfriend told me the jsk he wanted to get me on CC sold out, so he ended up buying me a $120 Sebastian Michaelis figure, BoC, and BoM OVA on bluray, and a Happiness Charge Precure coloring book. He said he got me things he knew I would enjoy instead of trying to pick out another jsk I may or may not like. He says I'm too picky.
>>
>>9299019
Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons, Nintendo DS XL, compression stockings with cute prints (I'm a nurse), kigurumis, and a rice cooker. I'm actually most excited about the rice cooker
>>
>>9298982
Nah, it's pretty cute, and the construction is good. Sorry you're so bitter and sad on christmas day.
>>
>>9299019
I didn't get anything, my family hates each other.
I made my boyfriend a scarf like they do in the animes though; he was really surprised because I told him not to get me anything.
You sound spoiled as hell, no one is required to get you anything.
>>
>>9299019
QPot Sailor Jupiter figure, Instax camera, various Gudetama stuff, Moana art book, and an H&M giftcard.
>>
How long does a reservation period from Btssb Japan last?
>>
>>9299019
my boyfriend is going to take me perfume shopping once we get back from visiting our parents! I can't wait to graduate from body spray to pefume...And I ordered myself a F.i.n.t LP and a Rosemarie Seoir accesory bag. Plus I'm waiting on some secret Santa cards and gifts too. I think my parents and sister will get me little things, nothing yet, but we're Hanukah so there is still time. It's nice that I get to extend the holidays!

>>9299030
>>9299031
Feel better sweet anons
>>
Kawaii-i contest results are out

Lots of buttburt black girls and SJWs in the comments complaining because none of them are POC or whatever

I believe someone used the phrase "50 shades of mayonnaise"
>>
>>9299019
My boyfriend got me a Pusheen Box and a lolita JSK.
From my family I got gift cards and chocolate mostly.
>>
>>9299019
Instax, perfume, gift card for makeup, some nerdy comic stuff and money because my family doesn't know how to buy my "weird Japanese shit". I bought myself an Angelic Pretty skirt and JSK as a last minute gift to myself for Christmas and my birthday.
>>
>>9299179
Was the Pusheen box awesome?

>>9299019
Echoing everyone who says you sound spoilt.

I got a teacup from my mother, "new" phone from my father - he gave me his old one after he upgraded on his plan but he always puts the expensive cases on his phone so it was like getting a refurbished older phone in near-new condition, and my brother and I bought ourselves a shitload of stuff so by mutual agreement didn't get each other Christmas presents.

For myself I justified the entire month of December purchases as Christmas presents so bought myself (second hand) 3 Atelier Pierrot corset skirts, Daydreaming Goldfish plates, a BPN wine glass, 4 cutsews (one nwt), 2 blouses, two new bags, a blazer and a myriad of gothic accessories.
>>
>>9299044
>>9299173
Thanks anon-chans, mostly trying to sleep it off.
>>
>>9299019
From my family I got some money towards my trip to Japan this summer. I'm really excited to start planning it.

Other than that just some little things: two recipe books, a pair of gloves, a plate for my tea set.

My boyfriend and I decided not to get each other gifts this year and we made each other hand made cards. I actually had a lot of fun getting together with friends to make cards so we're going to do it every year I think.

I bought a JSK I wanted for a long time as a present to myself.

Overall I'm very happy with everything and feel very spoiled.
>>
>>9299175
The 'lulz at kfc2016' comment was pretty cringe
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 413x58px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 413x58px
>>9299175

I've never seen anyone demand affirmative action in a contest until today.
>>
>>9299030
>>9299031
Make it triplets.
>>
>>9299175
Link?
>>
>>9299019
I got really spoiled this year
>215 dollaridoos from my whole family
And as supp gifts from my mother on top of the money she gave
>a cute fluffy pink hoodie with ears
>some BodyShop strawberry scented balm and soap
>a pair of really cute fluffy socks
I feel like I don't deserve that much
>>
>>9299175
>50 shades of mayonnaise
But we are the racist meanies right? Oh boy the butthurt
>>
>>9299059
Nice but that's not from the hobbit
>>
>>9299169
Anyone?
>>
>>9299132
Can confirm, got a rice cooker as a gift years ago. I still use it all the time. Most useful gift ever, I love it.
>>
>>9299175
Who won?
>>
>>9299019
Got a cute game called cat box, melty sky jsk, and this hilarious lolita coloring book.
Melty sky not pictured cause I only have worn pics.
>>
>>9299019
something something rude and unappreciative, think about those who have no family to celebrate with, you're being petty, etc etc

>inb4 ur just jelly bc ur poor
got a bunch of burando, cute accessories, and make up i wanted this year and i couldn't be happier
>>
File: IMG_20161225_165628.jpg (2MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161225_165628.jpg
2MB, 1564x1564px
>>9299369
And dropped pic
>>
>>9299342
It says on the specific item you're reserving anon.
>>
>>9299175
I had to look that up but I can see it's silly but at the same time why not a black girl.

First it's silly because there's a list of all the entries and only like 3 black girls entered, one didn't look good, one was just in normal clothes nothing special, the last did have a cute decora style. There are more white girl entries that just didn't make an effort or wearing regular clothes that didn't win either. Like a lot of poorly done pics or just selfies.

Biased I think cos the first two winners, well one got picked for being a friend with the judges more or less. Another got picked for being mature kawaii old-young gap even if she's probably like only 18.

The final two got picked for reasons that had to do with the styling and also the artistic composition of their pics. That's probably the best reason to win a competition.
>>
Its not? Its Tolkein at the very least, I thought it was in The Hobbit but if not it mustve been in Lord of the Rings.

Its been a long time since ive read any of them/.
>>
>>9299398
Oh was suppose to quote >>9299328
>>
>>9299136
I hope this is really bad bait or else I feel sorry for your lack of taste.
>>
>>9299403
>>9298982
>>9298820
>>9298256
>>9298237
So what did Haenuli do to you to make you hate them so much? Was their XXXL size too small to fit you or something ?
>>
File: 653094-13977-2016-05-19152334.jpg (44KB, 363x645px) Image search: [Google]
653094-13977-2016-05-19152334.jpg
44KB, 363x645px
>>9299405
>I'm butthurt so it must all be the one person111!!!one Plus I'll throw in a ~fatty~ insult even though their dresses are all huge~
>>
>>9299385
It said it would be in stock mid Dec - mid Jan which is a pretty long time frame, and online reservations started Dec 22, so I'm wondering, when would online reservations end?
>>
>>9299412
lol that just looks ugly and cheap
>>
Is HWC still around? And Chinese Gossip?
They were spicing things up desu
>>
>>9299436
I've never seen them specify when reservations close.
>>
>>9299439
Nah, but I'm here.
>>
>>9299389
>>9299175

It was more like 12 black/racially ambiguous people.
I thought it was based on popular vote? I didn't really look into it but I saw them mention how they couldnt pick some of the contestants based on incomplete information with their entries.
Some of the entries were bad without care to race but there were some of the non-white ones that I did like a lot.
But like you said, styling and artistic composition does play a part and some of them weren't even on par. One of the black girls just wore a wig and took a headshot?
As a black lolita, I get we want more visibility or whatever but some of them weren't on the mark in terms of photography. Hell, I can rarely find other black lolitas that can take aesthetically pleasing photos, have nice coords and not be fucking insane and borderline sjw/activist like. I mean the mayo comment/beige was so uncalled for.
>>
>>9299459
Yes a lot of the photos were bad nothing to do with race but most of the photos didn't look artistic or well done. They obviously want to pick people on the same creative wavelength if they focus on promoting styles or brands or whatever it is they do.
There was an episode of "why did you come to japan?" where they followed a black lolita around and she was really cute, then they visited her in the states and went to her lolita comm meetup.
>>
>>9299019
i got 4 pairs of gloves, all from different people
>>
>>9299492
I got three, but I'm not salty because I'm always losing them anyway.
>>
>>9299019
damnit that's heaps anon be grateful.
I got a cookbook and family contributed towards an Alannah Hill dress i really wanted.
>>
>>9299439
She was on the farm a while back
>>
>>9299019
I was spoiled as hell this year

From parents:
>$400 cash, $15 Taco Bell card, zoo annual passes for me and my SO, candy
From SO:
>Busch Gardens/Sea World annual passes for both of us, squatty potty (haha), sailor moon shirt, lots of candy, stickers, merch from my fave series
Extended family:
>$15 starbucks card, nice bath and body works candle, and cool knick knack from one cousin
>Slytherin headband and knee socks from other cousin
>Cat totebag, cat socks, cat bag clip from yet another cousin
>Delicious snacks from my aunt
>SO's mom got me a $50 ulta gift card
>>
>>9299459
I'm a black lolita too and I 100% agree with this. And yea those mayo comments were so rude. There were people in the comments who won, that must have made them feel like shit.
>>
File: IMG_2824.jpg (216KB, 800x1320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2824.jpg
216KB, 800x1320px
>>9299175
Crappy phone caps, sorry. And yes that is the infamous micky from lolcow

The post is public on kawaii-i's Facebook page if people want to see the comments in full and the winners
>>
>>9299459
>>9299534

>I, as a black anon, would like to assure you that I am a black person in real life, and would like to offer my blackness in approval of the original sentiment...

anyway, it doesn't make sense to complain about this particular situation because the onus is on us to put ourselves out there. don't wait around for someone else to win. obviously the majority of people who practice yumekawa and fairy kei are either white or asian, but the number of people who submitted from other backgrounds was too damn low.

grumpy commenting trolls aside, I'd just like to encourage black and brown jfashers to keep dressing up, being involved with the community, and to make sure that personal happiness is the priority.
when you have the courage, skills, means, or whatever you may need, please don't hesitate to post.
even better than acknowledgment by proxy is when you get to see positive reactions to your own work. be cute and put it out there.
>>
>>9299019
>It's not much but it's nice i guess
eat a dick anon.
>>
>>9299504
Right? Someone is being hella defensive over there.
>>
>>9299372
I want that colouring book
>>
>>9299569
I'm honestly kind of fuming that one of these shit disturbers had the gall to complain that asians are not dark enough to qualify as poc. Poc is poc, if you're mad that someone wasn't picked because they aren't DARK enough for your personal standards, you're disgusting.
>>
>>9299569
>>9299692
Color of skin is just arbitrary, white people aren't white either, they're peachy, red, olive, beige, and Trump is tangerine. The irony in the whole thing is that it's purely framed from a local cultural majority perspective of people from a very white centered America. News flash Asia makes up over 60% of the world population, like it is not even close, it's literally billions more than white. White people are the minority and it's white arrogance to think they occupy the same place of white majority as they do in America and Europe. The concept of PoC undermines itself when applied to Asians from Asia in Asia being judged by Asians from Asia in Asia, because there the "normal color" is Asian!!!
>>
>>9299389
It's about how good their outfit is and how much they contribute to the kawaii community. Clearly none of the brown girls who entered met those criteria or they would have one. Work harder and you might have a chance, instead of trying to pull the race card.
>>
>>9299754
*won
>>
>>9299175
The black girl complaining shops herself white lol

They also take into account social media presence. And Katie won because she's been on the show before.
There's some obvious bias but no anti-PoC, just those entries weren't good enough. Kawaii.I should be required to choose someone just because they're black or brown?
>>
>>9299019
The only Lolita-related gifts I received were from secret santa here. Otherwise I got giftcards and a new camera. I heavily treated myself though.
>>
>>9299302
Seconding.
>>
>>9299569
>Representation matters
If all the enters by poc were poorly executed no one's gonna pick you just so you feel included and represented. That being said,I haven't look at the entries so if any black girl had a better outfit or photo than some of the girls who won, then I do agree that's pretty shitty, otherwise the whole thing is just dumb.
>>
>>9299839
I looked at the entries and there are very few black girls (I'm sure it was less than 10). The black girls' entries were not better than the winners, most of them were shitty and one of them didn't even upload a picture of a coord, just her face.
>>
>>9299398
It's from a poem about aragorn and it's in the fellowship

>>9299701
This is why I always find it super hard to tell if someone is latin american

>>9299836
Just go to the damn kawaii international facebook page
>>
>>9299863
>Facebook
Why is it that cgl assumes everyone has Facebook? If you're referring to something in a post, you link to it. Why are there so many newfags lately.
>>
>>9299923
She was responding to someone talking about the Facebook comments. I didn't realise some people don't recognise what the comment section of fb looks like. To be clear, all you have to do is go to facebook.com, type in kawaii international in the search thingy, and click the kawaii.i page. To see all entries you have to go to Google, type in kawaii international contest and press enter.
>>
File: 21.jpg (67KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
67KB, 530x370px
>>9299863
>This is why I always find it super hard to tell if someone is latin american
Latin American refers to the Latin speaking part of America, Latin being a romance language. That's French, Spanish, Portuguese, Itallian. All countries of white European origin.

Similarly Hispanic is people of Spanish descent and culture, they're part of the people of color label. There are Americans that call Spaniards black or people or color and deny that they are white. There are Americans that deny pic related is literally a white Caucasian. Only in America.

That's like ..................... craaaaaazy ...........

Since the Netherlands was also ruled by the invading Spanish that makes the literally white Dutch also meet the definition to be POC since they meet the hispanic definition?! I-n-s-a-n-e
>>
>>9299942
You seem to have trouble with comprehension. You link to what your post is referring to if you want people to know what you're talking about. And for those that don't have Facebook, the search is not available. Is it really that hard to post a link to provide context?
4chan 101
>>
>>9299569
>not dark enough to be poc
man this brings me back to years of getting beat up in highschool for wearing garments specific to my culture. those people made me hate myself for not being dark and brown eyed like my mother
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 1442x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 1442x2048px
Does anyone else think that that oldschool might come back? AP's 2017 collection has this dress, and whilst its not 'old' oldschool it reminds me of their older prints (like sheeps garden) and it has cotton lace! Also coorded straw hat, printed socks and not tights etc. Theres also a parfait print in their older style coming out next year, and the two prints they just released (not sure of their names, but one was meta-esqe and the other was alice in wonderland themed iirc) I know country is always popular in spring but maybe this will start catching on with other brands; I hope so because imo tulle lace is tacky
>>
>>9299971
You expect people to link you to the comment section when it's right there at the top of the page? You're actually right I am new, and I haven't seen a whole lot of links outside the aliexpress and taobao threads.
>>
>>9300024
I think AP will jump on anything that seems popular so it's possible
>>
>>9300024
Big focus on prints is newschool.
>>
>>9300047
I know, Im just hoping that maybe brands will start incorporating oldschool elements more, like a domino effect or something. Now that you mentioned it, sheep garden is way less busy then I remember it being, I'd forgotten how bright newer prints are
>>
>>9300062
I think part of the reason is because it's easier to hire an illustrator and work with a fabric printing company than it is to design and put together technically complex garments. It's also harder for the customer to mess up if it's a beautiful print. I just find it a shame that some people associate the aesthetics of old school lolita with ita today. I think the styles still exist but they occupy a more niche segment of the lolita fashion as a whole now. I don't think there will be a full revival because prints are just simpler for large quantity sales.
>>
>>9300098
Yeah everyone wears prints now, but it works out great for me because non-printed dresses go for cheap second hand.
Its such a shame people think oldschool=ita, it seems like its always newbies/con-litas who think that
>>
>>9299957
>There are Americans that call Spaniards black or people or color and deny that they are white.

Why do you care so much about it?
Why are Spaniards so obsessed to being recognized as "white people" by another European countries or America, being white doesn't mean you're automatically a better or smarter person
That's why some people find you annoying
>>
>>9299569
>BROWN people. Excuse me.

why did she put brown in caps? Asian people dont tend to be that pale, and they are still POC or whatever. That sounds really condisending, also she looks white her profile pic kek
>>
File: 12061531_58465b4a1afbd.jpg (302KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
12061531_58465b4a1afbd.jpg
302KB, 500x600px
>>9300130
Don't get me wrong both Angelic Pretty and Baby still make beautiful non print dresses but it's more like oh that's *also* something we also still do. Like APs Prima Rose dress I think is absolutely beautiful but I know people that say it's ghastly and ita.

I love prints too but I feel that if they had the printed fabric and practiced most gulls could make it themselves. Sometimes it's even just a simple A line design with no ruffles or embellishments.
>>
>>9299957
>>9300149
Anyone normal considers Spaniards white. There are actually a lot of fascist Spaniards who look down on Hispanics. Holland wasn't invaded by Spain, it was inherited.
>>
>>9300149
Spaniards are literally white they're not trying to be white, they never have, they just are. That's why people think you're retarded when you tell them they're not white or tell them they're oppressed by whites.
>>
>>9300151
A Chinese girl living in China with over a billion other Chinese is a minority that lacks representation? Toppest of keks
>>
>>9299687
It's from amazon apparently! Just called lolita fashion coloring book for adults by Glenn Song

Anyone know who that is? Someone actually into it or??
There's a holy lantern one in there but also some cosplay, heh.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 404x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 404x570px
>>9300185
Hes just an artist who likes the fashion says google.
>>
File: SheepGardenJSK-black_0.jpg (65KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
SheepGardenJSK-black_0.jpg
65KB, 250x333px
>>9300024
Lol at you thinking that this is old school. Could you be any stupider?
>>
>>9300348
Read what i said, i know its not old school, Im saying that the new prints reminds me of their older releases (think 2010 era sweet, not 'oldschool' in the typical sense but still old) Its just a thought
>>
Anyone have any good tutorials on cutting the shirring on a brand piece? In my case IW. I have a simple high waist skirt thats too tight I'd like to mod.
>>
>>9300024
>yellow
oh no i need it
>>
>>9300457
lol yikes fatty
>>
>>9300503
>lol
Outta here newfag. Just want to breathe
>>
>>9300024
AP does a print like this every year with a straw hat and shit.
>>
File: desu.png (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
desu.png
31KB, 400x400px
Do you have any lolita animes you like?
>>
>>9300718
Only Rose of Versailles
>>
Does anyone have their lucky packs yet?
>>
File: 1427455321138.jpg (198KB, 634x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427455321138.jpg
198KB, 634x600px
I saw Gothic Lolita Wigs products at my local sex shop.
>>
>>9302108
go to lucky bag thread
>>
>>9297408
WHENNNN
>>
>>9302871
I don't know but for some reason they always release the socks and tights first so it's coming.. soon..
>>
>>9300686
there is nothing newfag about lol. there is about thinking fatties are ok
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.