[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is kind f a weird question, but a few friends asked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Tumblr_ku8xhfrM9m1qa20ryo1_400.jpg (71KB, 400x369px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_ku8xhfrM9m1qa20ryo1_400.jpg
71KB, 400x369px
I know this is kind f a weird question, but a few friends asked me and I wondered what other's reactions would be.

Why do you come on /cgl/? How long? If you've been here a really long time, how come? When did you start?
>>
>>9287359
Because I wanted to be an edgy bitch to be honest. I've been on here a few years now and got over the edgelord thing pretty quick. Now I just stick around for news about releases or whatever and the occasional shit talking.
>>
>>9287364
Why did you think /cgl/ would help you become an edgy bitch?
>>
>>9287367
When I first started lolita everyone would always talk about how mean and scary seagulls are. So I want to come join in being a bitch. But I realized it's really not that bad and I chilled out.
>>
>>9287359
Because I'm a hoe for reading the latest drama.
But I also come to get concrit and horde tutorials and resources so I don't think im a COMPLETE degenerate.
>>
Started because I was posted here, along the years I get posted occasionally (no self-posting, I swear) and I just wanted to keep up on the shit people were spewing.
>>
I enjoy the lack of sycophancy, COF and stuff makes me nauseous.
>>
>>9287371
Too bad more people can't be like you.

>>9287359
I'm a weird case in that I came here from another board? I've known about lolita and visual kei and decora, for quite some time because I was big into livejournal communities back in the day and would just sit around reading drama, so egl stuff would get in there too. I also played a lot of sims 2 back then, and there were always creators putting j-fash type things but it was always super cringe shit. So I had a good bit of exposure.

But really.. I fucking clicked here instead of /ck/ one day. I started lurking. I was confused because I just jumped to the j-fashion side of the board as I recognized it and mulled over the cosplay stuff as I didn't care.
Then I saw dolly cat and I wanted to buy one. I actually started coming here, lurking to get enough insight, using that to troll people and then accidentally fell in love with the dresses. Whoops.

but also, you guys introduced me to stuff that I didn't know about. Like military lolita stuff. And fairy kei and menhera and gurokawa.

I've learned a lot here actually.
I like this place but there are a lot of people who come here who I just find annoying. And I can't help but think, oh, they're just here to troll. That's why I was here after all...
>>
>>9287359
I actually stumbled across lolcow first, through tumblr I think. Lurked some of the drama threads when I was waiting at train stations and bored out of my mind, this lasted a couple months before I found my way here.

I don't bother with lolcow anymore. I like to read feels, drama, cringe, unpopular opinion and story threads still when I have nothing else to do, but I also like checking taobao, mail, bst and new release threads for things I might want to buy.
>>
I started Lolita fashion about a year and half ago and... I just don't know anywhere else to talk about this fashion. I have joined my comm's facebook group but there's rarely anything that I want to talk about and honestly I may not even want that much of talking. I like to come to /cgl/ to browse pictures. I've been wondering where all my friends spend their time and probably on Tumblr but that is one platform I just never learn how to use it. 4chan was already a familiar place.
>>
i've been on 4ch for a few years but generally avoided /cgl/ until i wanted to get serious about lolita. i figured i wouldn't have a place here without at least halfway knowing what i was doing. since then i've been on /cgl/ for about a year. i come to keep up with new releases and just observe. the amount of pettiness and saltposts interests me, but in a way i think it's helped me grow into my big girl bloomers. most gulls seem to be very chill, but people get a little out of hand sometimes over the smallest things. i guess it's to be expected over anon.
>>
I like looking at the cute things you guys post sometimes. I don't cosplay or wear lolita. I did try them both out when I first started coming here but both hobbies didn't suit me. I started browsing right before the Derpy-Chan stuff started and newfagged that shit up but it was fun.
>>
>Why do you come on /cgl/?
I'm an oldfag lolita from the LJ days and didn't properly transition to facebook/tumblr/instagram, also I stay for the other j-fashion stuff.

>How long?
Since 2008-9

>If you've been here a really long time, how come?
Came for the drama, stayed for the everything else.
>>
>>9287359
I come here sometimes just to be a bitch safelyto be honest. This board is SO catty and petty i can call people ugly, fat, and be a downright cunt with no repercussions.

I mean that's the beauty of an anonymous board.
>>
>>9287559
Same, I miss the early lj egl days and this board is seriously the closest thing that I can tolerate. Fuck fb.

Also the AA and draw threads are good fun.
>>
>>9287559
this

>>9287405
also this

If you can look past the petty bullshit then /cgl/ is the best and IMO most entertaining lolita resource on the internet. I also use FB and Amino but when I get tired of the hugboxing and ita-coddling I can come here and see that I'm not alone. I've had some really good discussions on here, too.
>>
>>9287359
>To look at qt grills
>Just today
>N/A
>N/A
>>
Cgl is like very bad Lolita gossip magazine I sometimes read
>>
>>9287359
I came on cgl because I was being filled in on local drama by a friend who said our comm had been posted here. I stayed because some entertaining things were happening (cookie brooch was a real cookie) and became an annoying edgelord for a while then cooled down after I turned 18. So probably browsing for 2/3 years.
>>
>>9287359
>Why do you come on /cgl/?
It encompasses all my interests: cosplay, lolita, taobao, and hating fatties
>How long?
Since 2012
Not sure if 4/5 years counts as a long time, but there's nowhere else that has all of those things combined. I don't want to read hugbox shit all day. It was better at the start, less sjw, but now I'm just too used to visiting the board to stop.
>>
File: 1282358575408.jpg (594KB, 600x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1282358575408.jpg
594KB, 600x1710px
>>9287359
>why do you come to /cgl/
I originally came here because I frequented other boards and wanted to see some cosplays here. Then the board culture kinda sucked me in and a grew to have an intesne love for lolita and other jfashion. I don't even come here anymroe for cosplay admiring.

>How long
Circa 2009

Because 4chan is a shithole and I've been in this shithole since I was underage b& before there was even a fucking anime board (/b/ used to be the anime board).

I fucking hate this place and every last one of you, but I can't fucking leave.
>>
>>9288133
>there was even
There wasn't even*
>>
I come here because I want a place to talk lolita without a bunch of ass kissing. Compliment sandwiches annoy me to no end.
>>
Come here mainly for lolita general and new releases info. Stay here because I like watching the local and online comm drama - and I can't be bothered to keep tabs on the FB groups all day so cgl highlights the important stuff.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.