[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Ohayocon/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 49

File: 2017banner1.png (132KB, 1020x260px) Image search: [Google]
2017banner1.png
132KB, 1020x260px
Too soon for an Ohayocon thread? 40 days away boyz.

Who are you cosplaying as? Hosting any panels? Partying?
>>
With all the construction and whatnot going on at the convention center last year, Ohayocon 2016 should have been an absolute disaster, and it turned out to be pretty good. Will Ohayocon 2017 be as good? Probably not, but I still want to believe it will be.

I live downtown, so my house is less than a ten minute drive from the convention center. I'll be rocking One Piece cosplays all weekend. I was planning on putting together a Luca Libre Flareon cosplay, but a bunch of shit came up in November, and now my bank account is too beat-up for any new costumes for a while.

I usually just go there to hang out with my friends, but I'll probably spend more time doing my own thing for the weekend. There are a bunch of folks I only see at cons who I'm looking forward to seeing again.
>>
>>9275667
>got into One Piece last year and slammed through the entire series
>loved it, did a costume
>had the worst experience of my con life interacting with other OP cosplayers at Matsuricon
>total assholes, unfriendly, unwelcoming
>hung up my costume never to be worn again

God speed...
>>
>>9277517
Weird, I've only ever known other One Piece cosplayers to be perfectly friendly, other than one girl I met to turned out to be kind of a shit.

I was also rocking One Piece at Matsuricon. Who were you cosplaying as? Did you make it to the photoshoot?
>>
Reviving this thread because I want other opinions.

Kopf has decided to run one of his Kopfcons the same weekend as Ohayocon, in Columbus (technically Worthington but it's 15 mins away).

His new Samurai con is sharing its first ever weekend with the local powerhouse. I get that he's trying to under price Ohayocon and siphon some of their userbase, but I digress... In the best case scenario this will produce drama, and in the worst case somebody crashes and burns. I don't take sides, so I find this all ... immensely entertaining. Thoughts?
>Hard mode: tell us why the new con is going to be shit without using the words "Kopf" and "serial rapist".

>http://samuraicon.com/
>http://ohayocon.org/
>>
>>9278534

The only reason I *might* have any interest in Samuraicon is because they booked Samurai Dan, and that man is a national treasure.

The only reason why Samuraicon exists is because cosplayers/con-goers are whiny drama queens who feel compelled to lash out all the damn time: All con staff are rude, every problem is a disaster, and every con is the worst one yet. This is just a petty attempt to spite Ohayocon with another convention that no one's gonna attend.
>>
>>9278534
>Hard mode: tell us why the new con is going to be shit without using the words "Kopf" and "serial rapist".

Ha.

It's just not going to succeed in fighting Ohayo. It's too rooted into the midwest anime scene.
>>
File: ahPrBaa.jpg (41KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ahPrBaa.jpg
41KB, 600x800px
This con will be the anniversary of the death of a cool cosplayer and cool dude

>>9278554
>The only reason why Samuraicon exists is because cosplayers/con-goers are whiny drama queens who feel compelled to lash out all the damn time: All con staff are rude, every problem is a disaster, and every con is the worst one yet. This is just a petty attempt to spite Ohayocon with another convention that no one's gonna attend.

Exactly this. Every year it's the same shit in that FB group. People are such babies.
>>
>>9278554
Aye, you definitely see a lot of it in certain /cgl/ followings too, it seems to be some ah... coord-inated intensely distilled drama queens, if you catch my drift.

It could catch on as AniMidwest did, as a poor man's alternative to ACEN, but same weekend, and its first inaugural con to boot? He really has an axe to grind with Ohayo.
>>9278573
I don't know much of what happened, there's a lot of finger pointing on both sides, accusations and hot tempers running rampant, and I doubt anyone will know asides from Kopf himself... But what we can take from it is that Kopf either has a very large vendetta against the midwest con scene, or that he's found a profitable business in providing poor man's congoing experiences, which ruins the midwest con scene's overhead margins, causing them to have a vendetta against him.

Which of these two came first could be chicken or the egg here, statement still stands that he does "budget cons" and bigger cons dislike him for it. That's my take on it anyways.
>>
I might go to Samuraicon because last time I did panels at a Koph con I was better than a lot of people there. It was a nice ego boost. Plus I made a few friends which was nice.
>>
Kopf aside, I hope that Ohayocon runs better than last year.
>Construction
>Rave on 3rd floor, hard cap of 285? people, you had people in line for 45 mins before shcheduled start who didn't get in until nearly 90 mins after start
>lines to get into lines to wait in more lines to get into panels
>cramped because of construction

Most of these issues should be resolved with construction gone, I just really hope they don't put the rave on the third fucking floor again.
>>
>>9278650
Construction won't be gone. The hallway is fixed but the food court and possibly the stairs are under construction.
>>
File: awYeah.jpg (45KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
awYeah.jpg
45KB, 960x720px
Probably going again as Elite Knight and my roomate as Solaire. Hope to see some more cool bloodborne cosplays.

We also made some "sun medallions" (a company printed the sun medal image onto buttons for us, 100 for 20$) and hand them out to anyone that praises the sun.

Looking forward to the booths again. Lots of cool stuff there, but I can never really justify buying much.
>>
Tempted to buy a pass to both because the arcade at Samurai will probably end up being better than Ohayo by virtue of having better games and no lines if the con isn't really attended by anyone
>>
>>9278534
Samurai is a kopf con?? This is news to me.
>>
Regardless of Ohayocon's quality I just can't wrap my head around some new convention would go head to head. Vendetta or not.
>>
Who tf is Kopf? Idk Ohio drama all that well.
>>
>>9279229
Google Ryan kopf.
>>
>>9278534
Wait. I thought Samurai was being put on by James Gibbs?
>>
>>9279239
Yeah, he is the con chair, but I cant figure out where he got the money from. Hes one of Donnell's jobless, neet, dick riders, so maybe hes putting the money down.
>>
Samurai isn't Kopf, it's James Gibbs, the majority of his staffers are just salty people who hate Ohayo. A month out and they didn't have enough people register to run panels yet. If that's not telling that it's gonna be crap idk what is.

I have faith that Ohayo is gonna turn out well, especially with much less construction.
>>
Samuraicon is not a Kopf con, it's being run discreetly by Colossalcon. Look at their website at their forms then look at Colossal's forms. Then look at the staff, same people. Donnel has always been the pettiest shitlord and a spitecon is no surprise to anyone.
>>
>>9280125
So then the question becomes what is the beef and why is there beef between Colossal and Ohayo?
>>
>>9280133
Ohayo wouldn't let colossal run their own booth at ohayo last year
>>
>>9280133
Well. Ohayo is known for having some staff that kneejerk react to negative feedback. One of the reasons the con has gone so far downhill.

A year or two ago, Colossal staff flooded the Ohayocon Facebook group to complain about various things in a trolling way. It was really frustrating to watch. A lot of Ohayo staff got up in arms about it and laid down the banhammer.

Last year Ohayo decided to give con swap tables to smaller cons instead of the same big cons as every year and Donnell took it as a personal affront.

Tl;dr Colossal publicly dumped on Ohayo, Ohayo is incompetent and reacted poorly, unrelated things happened that made Colossal think it was being slighted, and Donnel is a manchild.
>>
Y'all seen the uproar from panelists? Apparently someone new is in charge and she's denying lots of repeat panels in favor of new stuff. GOOD maybe the schedule won't be full of the same damn panels we see every fucking year.
>>
>>9280142
Yeah I'm fine with that desu
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481115073893.jpg (14KB, 517x180px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481115073893.jpg
14KB, 517x180px
>>
>>9280142
Where are you seeing the uproar?
>>
>>9280139
Colossalcon staff have that same knee-jerk reaction to criticism, so you would think Colossal and Ohayo would be on great terms.
>>
Ohayocon is always shit and I just keep going back. My cosplay isn't even close to any semblance of finished at all and I'm just filled with dread.

After how awful the panels were last year, I submitted a couple I thought would be better. I have a lot of public speaking and have given lectures in professional venues before so I thought it would go well. All of mine were denied.

>BJD sewing panel last year was an absolute disaster, local BJD person is a hot mess
>Offer Anime doll (pure neemo, dollfie dream + smartdoll) alternative as fresh, new, different topics and more anime-related.
>Old panelist gets hot mess BJD panel again, anime dolls aren't different enough from BJDS ok fine i guess

>Go to awful Pokemon lore thread, guy has a terrible powerpoint, has only played first pokemon game, talks mostly about mew under the truck and missingno- no other lore or legends
>Offer Shiny hunting panel which goes over how to get shinies reliably in Gens 6 and 7
>Too many pokemon panels, looking for something with a 'more broad appeal' than the games???

end my suffering pls
>>
>>9280152
"Hi I'm Donnell I think people actually enjoy my shit show con, when really people just enjoy the venue, and would just as happy if we werent the ones running Colossalcon."
>>
>>9280222
Kek. You're not wrong.
>>
>>9280153
Facebook group. There's lots of salt to read in a thread started by a loser named Tommy.
>>
>>9280211
Or maybe your panels aren't as good as you think they are kek. I love it when panelists get butthurt.
>>
are people actually going to samuraicon? I thought about going over there for a bit during Ohayo but it just doesn't seem worth it
>>
>>9280152
Wow so literally the proof in the pudding.
>>
>>9280245
Yeah I'm not spending $25+ to go to what will be a tiny con attempting to compete with a titan that's been around for over a decade.

I could buy another bottle with that money and get myself/more people drunk.
>>
>>9280152
I still don't think Donnell is a part of thud though. This con was announced before he got salty about this iirc.
>>
>>9280267
Samurai was announced in March of this year.
>>
>>9280283
Ah...I could have sworn there was talk of a kopf con in Columbus earlier than that.
>>
>>9280301
I think you're right though, Kopf is throwing a Columbus con, just not Samurai.
>>
>>9280239
I asked for critique from staff and this is what they told me?

I think it's an indicator of the direction of the con that shiny hunting is too specific for content for a panel I guess? It sucks because I've sat through a couple amazing shiny hunting panels at Ohayocon in 08-09 I think? And it was so great and had a HUGE turn out and was genuinely tons of fun and then suddenly stopped. I had talked to the panelist at the time and he said "Well talk to panels, they need to have me back' and I always put in requests but they never happened. I didn't realize it was they actually didn't get approved, I guess. I'm not sure why. My request for any pokemon tcg or vgc play every year doesn't seem to pan out either. It seems like it's not far-fetched? It's a pretty big hobby and bigger than ever.

can't wait for the pokemon go panels I'm sure.

I can't figure out why I keep going. maybe to kill time until Acen?
>>
Anyone notice the AMV contest was canned this year? Rumor is staff thinks it's antiquated and killed it for more room for 'other programming'
>>
>>9280301
The Kopf con that happened in Columbus was called Yoi-Con. I'm prolly the only gull on this board who went. The dealers room and rave were pitiful, but I ended up having fun anyway.
>>
>>9280311
The game room people have a thing against Pokemon for whatever reason, don't take that one too hard.
>>
>>9280319
I actually have a friend on staff who said it was because the people who normally do it had to cancel. Not sure why they couldn't find a replacement though.
>>
>>9280311
nah, a panel about how to play one small part of just two games out of the series seems way too niche. could've been about all shinies or included more of the games. would that really fill a whole panel?
>>
I'm looking forward to getting drunk with friends. I have like 8 people coming to town I don't normally get to see.
>>
>>9280245
It's worth it for Tokyo Attack
>>
>>9280379
certainly, there's several different mechanisms and it's actually the three latest games. X/Y, ORAS, and Sun and Moon all have different mechanics, then I included the history of shinies, breeding for IVs and EVs, breeding for pokeballs and I also included what methods worked in previous games per methods (pre-gen 6). it was a boatload of content that would easily fill an hour.
>>
>>9280412
That was the reason I considered going, Tokyo Attack is great but they're at a lot of the cons I go where they aren't literally the only reason to be there.
>>
>>9280349
naw man, I am friends with 'the people' and they say Ohayocon gave them the boot. they've been getting progressively less support, space, etc for the last few years, and Ohayocon's finally done.

I mean they already had entries and stuff, it's just gone
>>
>>9280426
I heard from staff that it was axed due to lack of interest. So someone is lying. Probably not a big deal though since so few people care that it got cancelled.
>>
The year is 2016 and people still watch AMVs and get angry when they get pulled from cons.

Mind blown.
>>
>>9280319
>>9280426
Why would they say it's coming back next year then?
>>
Post with panelists bitching got purged. Lol
>>
>>9280488
Damn it was quality bitching. Someone commented that the op's panel sounded boring so he probably had a fit and deleted it.
>>
>>9280497
I saw that and had a good laugh. Tokyo's bid for the Olympics as an hour long panel does sound lame af.

I made a comment about ohayo having body heat sensors, got a few replies that I didn't have a chance to check, then it all disappeared. I'm disappointed.
>>
I can guarantee you the game room at Ohayocon will be similar in quality if not better than Samurai's this year, even with them having Tokyo Attack.
>>
>>9280500
Oh shit he did!! He posted after that he gave up his hotel room! So that random, not-even-that-insulting comment is making him eat the cost of his pre-reg. It's great when panelists are literal children.
>>
>>9280503
I seriously doubt that. Ohayo has shitty game rooms year after year, and they see nothing wrong with it. What makes you think whatever they're doing will beat Samuraicon, which is being backed by Colossalcon (one of the very few cons with a nice game room)?
>>
>>9280513
Because I'm directly involved here. There's a new vendor, only reason why nothing's been announced is they're sharing space with ggpon and they've been dragging their feet.
>>
>>9280512
Some people are too sensitive. lol
>>
>>9280514
Who is the new vendor? Just by saying ggpon will be there, I now KNOW the game room is gonna be terrible. Ggpon is shit and doesn't maintain their machines. Plus, they bring BOOTLEG machines to cons. No thanks. lol
>>
>>9280524
Where'd you hear that they had bootleg machines? Been there several times and their machines are legit lol
>>
>>9280524
I'm in full control over this and have been since the debacle last year as one of the techs involved.
They're only bringing a handful, and they're all things I've personally done work on and can vouch for. I've dealt with the "bootleg garbage" claims for long enough.
There's gonna be Museca, BeatStream, and Dance Evolution.

I can't go into many details just because we're technically still in talks. Just know that it's being handled and is in good hands this time.
>>
>>9280512
oh man that is legit. at least I can say I have more faith that some of the bad panelists got weeded out by the new head. i want panels to be good so bad, just bring me back my good ohayocon lol
>>
>>9280533
Oh? Are they not using Sows data anymore? That would be a nice improvement.
I've been there a couple times at the old location, and their machines were always dirty. The sensors sucked, things were slower than they should have been, and they didn't care.
>>
>>9280573
There have been a lot of changes in a year.
>>
>>9280573
Literally every arcade with bemani in the us that isn't a round1 is using sows data, ggpon isn't exactly an outlier. I'll be happy enough if they don't leave two of three dance game cabs switched off for the entire con like they did last year. Or just walk across the street and pay $35 for a glorified arcade pass.
>>
>>9280659
That won't be happening.
>>
>>9280659
$35? It's $10 for "unlimited" (whenever you walk in till closing at midnight) if i remember.
>>
>>9281131
That was a promo price for their move
>>
>>9281255
It's been that way for over a year
>>
>>9281131
I was moreso talking about just going to Samuraicon instead to play TA's games
>>
File: 1458698177888.gif (33KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
1458698177888.gif
33KB, 177x177px
Can we please stop talking about cons that aren't Ohayo in this thread? It kinda reeks of self promoting in here.
>>
>>9281300
But why make your own thread when you can jack someone else's? Just like dates, my dude. It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
I'm headed to Ohayocon as my first anime convention, only gone to Gencon the past two years and a really tiny local anime convention before. I have a feeling it'll be really different from Gencon, hopefully I at least won't have to rigorously schedule my days. Anything consistently good that people would recommend seeing/going to if it's around this year?

Also, how is the J-fashion and lolita presence at it? Thinking of wearing gyaru on Friday and lolita coords the next two days, haven't gotten the courage to try and join Ohio comms so I have no idea if they go.
>>
>>9281380
I'll most likely be wearing lolita on Sunday. I imagine there will be other people in jfash there.
>>
>>9281380
The Ohayocon guest roast is always pretty good. And they usually have pretty cool workshops.
>>
>>9281380
The Ohio comm usually does a meet during the con but last year I think it became public somehow because this horrible ita showed up. Most of the cbus girls go to Ohayo but I think a few are opting for Samuraicon after Lolita Crush died.
>>
>>9281439
can confirm, I've talked to some comm members planning on doing just that for the same reason
>>
>>9281439
Oh goodness, what's the story behind the ita? Sounds hilarious and awful if it really does mean lolitas don't want to touch Ohayo with a ten foot pole. Not ita myself, at least I hope not, my coords are just boring and casual (boring usual IW coords, Nameless Poem coorded the way everyone does, and so on) and I want to have upped my game a bit before I try to join a comm.
>>
>>9281484
The girl who used to run the Lolita Crush at Ohayo died and the event suffered. There's someone new in charge of it this year so we'll see how it goes.
>>
>>9281298
Oh okay, sorry I was confused lol.
>>
>>9281484
As long as you don't look like this you're fine
>pic related is the ita I mentioned
>>
>>9281699
What is lolita crush?
>>
>>9282167
A tea party/maid cafe with cute dances, board games, arts and crafts, plus a fashion show
>>
>>9281799
jesus christ what is wrong with her feet
>>
>>9280412
Tokyo Attack are a little predatory. They like going to little cons offering their services for cheap. Then the next year they offer their services again for full price. The effect is these little cons get great game rooms for their first year, but if they don't pay up they have lack luster game rooms to follow. You gotta respect the hussle.
>>
>>9283417
When you're the only decent game around you get to do stuff like that, though.
>>
>>9281799
>>9282891
it looks like somebody with lactose intolerance ate a gallon of Strawberry Sherbet and projectile Diarrhea'd all over that outfit. The longer I look the worse it gets.
>>
How bout them Japanese guests. I'm diggin the fuck outta that.
>>
Looks like they just posted the panel list on the fb group.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-12-10-04-42.png (451KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-12-10-04-42.png
451KB, 1080x1920px
For those who don't have kikebook
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-12-10-09-16.png (425KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-12-10-09-16.png
425KB, 1080x1920px
>>
Wait I should just copy paste

3D Print Props
90 Second Cosplay
A Parent's Guide to Conventions and the Cosplay Universe
A Steven's Guide to the Universe
After the Sewing
Anime Food Porn (18+)
Amateur Otaku Crafts
Anime Hell (18+)
Anime That Changed Anime
Armour Academy: Japanese Ringmail
Armour Academy: Scale Armour!
Asian Horror: Magical Misery Tour (18+)
Autism in the Anime/Manga Community
Baking for the Otaku: Geeky Goods for Beginners
Beginner Leathercraft: Saddle Stich
Berserk: Welcome to the Band of the Hawk (18+)
Better Love Stories Than Twilight
BJD's 202 (Asian ball Jointed dolls for the intermediate/advanced)
Building Self-Esteem in Cosplay
Bad Yaoi (18+)
Calling All Teen Titans!
Cheap and Easy Cosplay
Con Clue
Con-Going for the Brave at Heart (18+)
Corseted Cosplay
Costumes Beyond The Basics
Creative Writing and Self-Publishing
Creepy Legends Then and Now From Asia (18+)
Cosplay Lip Sync Competition
Crossplay Safety and Tips
Cultural and Seasonal Symbolism in Kimono
Cutthroat Pokemon!
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things - A Slice of Life Moe Panel
Detective Conan Theory Talk
Digivolution Throughout the Years
Do You Even Pose?: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Fan Panel
Ecchi Olympics (18+)
Excelsior!: A Beginner's Guide to Reading Comics
Fetishes In Anime (18+)
Final Fantasy Side Quests
Fire Emblem Through The Ages, Or: Are Marth and Roy in this Game?
Fried Rice Feels and How to Cope: A Fandom Support Group
Gah!!!! Horror Gaming From West to East (18+)
Girls' Generation Dance Tutorial
Great Graphic Novels You Should Be Reading
Guilty Pleasures (18+)
Hacking: Reality Vs. Gaming
Hearts as Strong as Ponies
How to Get Your Friends into Anime
How to Make Japanese Learning Fun (with Anime and More)
How to Watch Gundam: A Guide to the Multiverse
Implausible Fanfiction (18+)
Japanese Mythology in Anime and Games 101
J-Rock Crash Table
Let's ALL Play: Super Mario Maker
Light Novel Adaptations in Anime
Literary Lemons: A Nerd’s Guide To Writing Erotica (18+)
>>
Love Live: Dance Like an Idol
Memento Mori
Midnight Marinara - Creepypasta Horror and Humor Panel
Moe, Staplers, and Apparitions: A Monogatari Panel
Music of Hatsune Miku and The Vocaloids
My Little Pony G1: The Most Metal Show of the 1980s
Nerf and Beyond - How to Make Your Own Weapons for Cosplay
Ohayo Cosplay Chess
Ohayocon Gameshow Pre-Test
Open Mic Night
Overwatch POTG
Panda's 18+ GameSHOW: Mario Party Edition (18+)
PC Gaming in Virtual Space
Puroesu: A Brief History of Pro Wrestling in Japan
QWOPWatch: Dragonball Evolution
Return of How to (Not) Conquer the World, 1980s Cartoon Supervillain Style!
Rumiko Takahashi: Is she right for you?
RWBY: Inside Remnant
Security in Online Gaming: Phishing and Social Engineering
Sequential Art: A Worldwide Phenomena
Sewing Men's Clothing: The Manly Art of Cosplay
Sides of the Spectrum: LGBT Culture in Anime
Stop! You've Violated the Elder Scrolls (18+)
Such a Lust for Revenge - A Metal Gear Panel
Suicide in Japanese Popular Culture
Teatime with Deadpool (18+)
The 90's Were All That!
The Armor of Feudal Japan
The Beat, Dropped 2: Make A Note Of It
The Dragon Pit: League After Dark! (18+)
The Games of Anime
The History of Steampunk & Its Influence On Popular Culture
The Metagame
The Ohayocon Gameshow
The Pokemon Files
The Weirdest Games You've Never Played 7: Harvest All QWOPs
Throwback Thursday
Two Bishounen One Ai: A Shounen Ai Panel
Under the Truck: Pokemon Glitches, PokeGods, and Myths
Vampires Don't Sparkle!
Vocaloid Programming: Let's Make A Song!
Voices of a Distant Shinkai Panel
Was That Real?: Bizarre Anime You Didn't Know Existed
We Hate Portals! A Witcher Panel (18+)
When They Cry: Dissecting Higurashi and UminekoE
Who Wants to be a Kpop Fan Trivia Game
Whose Line is it Anime?! After Dark (18+)
Women of the Yoshiwara (18+)
Y'all Need Jesus: Demons in Anime
>>
>>9286267
Not a bad list really.
>>
>>9286266
>>9286267
I'm going to drown in horror panels and love it.
>>
File: c34-Thor2.png (693KB, 649x688px) Image search: [Google]
c34-Thor2.png
693KB, 649x688px
Judging from the panel list, one thing I like about the south of the border scene is that they have this big cultural movement around "cospobre", which translates literally to cospoor, and it seems with more panels starting to target cosplay on a budget, we're getting the same thing. It pleases me, maybe we shall see more magnificent creatures like pic related.
>>
>>9286339
Low effort/low budget cosplays are my favorite. This is why I'll never cosplay characters with a lot going on with them.
>>
>>9286267
>My Little Pony G1: The Most Metal Show of the 1980s

why
>>
File: demonz.png (81KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
demonz.png
81KB, 700x600px
>My last 3 Ohayocons have been suffering
>I can't NOT go anyway

Why....why must I punish myself? What do people....do? How do you enjoy these things?
>>
Only one tumblrtard panel, I'm honestly surprised.
>>
>>9286470
It helps to have friends.
>>
They said their stats on the panel list, 2/3 haven't been at Ohayo in the last 3 years. They didn't say anything about panelists, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Though I am salty that neither of my panels got approved (one denied, one waitlisted).
>>
>>9286470
What's up EHG?
>>
File: The_Major_SS_Officer.jpg (19KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
The_Major_SS_Officer.jpg
19KB, 640x360px
>Clothing that displays messages deemed to be inappropriate or offensive to others (including, but not limited to, explicit language, sexually suggestive or racially offensive material) will not be permitted.

I started working on a cosplay of The Major, so far I've only got the hat, but I'm pretty sure they won't allow me to wear any Nazi regalia, despite it being from Hellsing. I've seen cosplays of The Major before, complete with all of the emblems and iconography. So I have no friggin' clue if this will be a problem or not.

Will post hat in next post
>>
File: snapshot (3).jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot (3).jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>9286883
Yeah I know, it's the wrong one, but I bought it on sale and I can get the little silver braid thing online, if I can even wear the cosplay, that is.
>>
>>9286883
eh, I probably just wouldn't include any swastikas if I were you (can't remember the details of the major's outfit), but if you're unsure you could always email con staff? Might as well find out now rather than at the con.
>>
>>9286895
Will do, thanks.
>>
File: demonz.png (75KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
demonz.png
75KB, 700x600px
>>9286600
>It helps to have friends.
>Hellodarkness.avi

>>9286845
>What's up EHG?
Nothin' just doing my annual /cgl/ Ohayocon thread shitposting.
>>
My panel didn't get approved either. I'm not surprised though, as my panel was about Pretty Cure and it's not popular here in the West.
At least they had enough sense to introduce new panels this year, instead of having 2 or 3 of the same subject panels...
>>
I love and hate list panels. They can be so good but often such garbage. Hoping at least half of these are decent.
>>
What exactly is teatime with Deadpool about? Never been to one but I see it at every somewhat large ohio convention I go to.
>>
File: 14263126.jpg (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
14263126.jpg
54KB, 300x300px
>They're prolly going to have police at the elevators checking for wristbands just like last year

Why does this convention hate fun? It wouldn't be as bad if they actually invested the piles of money they rake in into making the actual con interesting.
>>
>>9287745
Don't go to the hyatt lol
>>
>>9287740
One mans need to have a circle jerk at all of ohios cinventions.
>>
File: 1467805567632.jpg (48KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1467805567632.jpg
48KB, 500x281px
>>9286883
The easiest solution to your problem is not dreasing up as a Nazi.

>b-but it's from an anime.

People dont care. No one is going take the time to think "OH! that's the Major for Hellsing. You're cool carry on." Like I don't get why it's difficult for some people to see past their own nose for shit like this. People are just going to see you in a Nazi uniform, and you should rightly be judged for that for thinking it is socially acceptable just because you're at an anime con. Come on now. You're mamma raised to know better then that.
>>
>>9287745
Last year I heard it wasn't the convention but the hyatt itself making people have their extra special bands at elevators because they hate cleaning up after parties.
>>
>>9287798
Ah. I assumed as much.

>>9287745
Drury/crowne/hilton master race. Fuck Hyatt.

Although I was able to sneak people in last year to my room. It was sweet, but in not doing it again.
>>
>>9287818
>Last year I heard it wasn't the convention but the hyatt itself making people have their extra special bands at elevators because they hate cleaning up after parties.

I could see that.

>>9287840
>Drury
>Them free breakfasts

Yeeesssssssssss
>>
>>9287842
Drury is definitely GOAT for ohayo/matsuri.

There are actually suites open for Drury right now
>>
>>9286267
>Under the Truck: Pokemon Glitches, PokeGods, and Myths
This is the pokemon panel that blew ass last year. Dude had no idea outside of the first 151 and acted like Mew was pokegod
>>
Samuraicon looks way cheaper for a comparable amount of entertainment >.> they already have their schedule out and it looks pretty good. Similar tier of guests Ohayocon has. Tokyo Attack... (the person alleging Ohayocon's gameroom is gonna be good has me giggling, literally half their shit was broken last year lol)

I'm excited to give something new a try. Ohayo has been a trainwreck for years and years. Matsuricon was a spite con and they're doing just fine nowadays... Samurai seems to be taking a much diff. angle

as the dude from TA said lol "I just hope people at both cons have a good time"
>>
>>9288713
you're joking right? their guest list has small time voice actors and some panelists.

and I laugh that they have ghost in blue performing. those hacks are literally at every ohio convention except ohayo and I'm grateful that ohayo turned them down. no wonder people get bored at cons, staff all blindly accept the same content from our stagnant local pool.
>>
>>9287810
I emailed them.

They said I could wear it as long as I don't wear the armband.

You're right in a sense, i.e getting triggered at someone wanting to wear a Nazi costume. I'd probably catch a ton of shit from SJWs at Ohayo, so I guess I'm just not gonna go. Cancelled the order on the M32 jacket and I'll give away the hat for a couple packs of smokes.

If anything, thanks for reminding me that the everyman is oversensitive, at least when it comes to cons.
>>
>>9288713
SamuraIDF pls go
>>
>>9288781

I'm glad a big-ass crybaby is staying home. You're so triggered by the idea that someone won't like your costume that you're selling it and not going. That's perfect because if you are so scared of dissenting opinions, you don't belong in cosplay and should stay in your 'safe space'.
>>
File: coverb.jpg (277KB, 394x600px) Image search: [Google]
coverb.jpg
277KB, 394x600px
>>9288815
Ooh goteem
>>
File: bait bait.jpg (48KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
bait bait.jpg
48KB, 512x512px
>>9288815
I-is this bait?
>>
>>9288781

Like I'm glad youre not going forward with it but you dont have to be a sjw to find something distasteful dude. .. I dont personally believe average Americans to to overly sensitive when they see someone who is not a part of production (film/play) wear politically charged sysmbols. Right wing nationalism is a current issue. Plus we did fight the bastards. If you really want to cosplay the Major there is the white suit version.

>>9288815
Are you calling someone a pussy for not wearing a Nazi uniform in public in the United States... The fuck it wrong with you?
>>
>>9288860
>Are you calling someone a pussy for not wearing a Nazi uniform in public in the United States... The fuck it wrong with you?

It's not about not wearing the nazi uniform. It's about being given alternatives (remove swastikas, no armband), getting permission, then whining like a little bitch because you're too afraid to go through with it. The worst that could happen is someone says "I don't like that". This bitch too afraid of criticism for what they're wearing, THEN blames it on OTHER PEOPLE being too sensitive. Totally typical child, too afraid to hear other people's opinions, so they write them off as someone ELSE being 'too sensitive' for having an opinion.
>>
>>9288713
>the person alleging Ohayocon's gameroom is gonna be good has me giggling, literally half their shit was broken last year lol

Last year's vendors will be providing at most 30% of the arcades this year. Details are getting finalized, should be announced this weekend, by Christmas at latest by my estimates.
>>
>>9289395
New crew doing game room. New crew doing panels. Please Lord let this con be doing the good thing and movin on up
>>
>>9286267
>Teatime with Deadpool (18+)
This has the potential to be the best or worst panel ever.
>>
>>9289515
I've never seen a bad performance. Hit or miss?
>>
>>9289515
The story behind that panel is good.
Guy submitted it to Ohayocon a few years ago, got turned down, so he said "fuck it I'm doing this anyway" and held it in the food court. People loved it and it pulled more people than an average panel.
>>
Anyone know if they decided to get rid of wristbands yet?
>>
>>9291130
THIS. Does anyone know?
>>
>>9288869
I think you're over thinking it friend.
>>
>>9291130
Nope, wristbands will not be going away. Everyone complained so much but it actually improved their bottom line so they do not care.
>>
>>9291130
>Going to Hyatt
>Cucking yourself out of fun

Why?
>>
>>9280535
Hope you like faggotry, mental illness, and western cartoons in you panels.

That's all you're gonna be getting this year, it looks like.
>>
>>9292394
It's 2016. You should expect that's what the majority of programming is anymore anywhere because that's all anyone submits.
>>
>>9292409
I'm a regular panelist at a lot of anime cons, and I try to keep most of my panels somewhat on topic. Like, if I talk about vidya, I keep it to games of Japanese origin.

I also had everything I submitted to Ohayocon rejected.

I'll admit, I was a little salty and cursed Ohyaocon on my personal facebook feed, but one of the staff that was in charge of panels this year found out, and harassed me a whole lot because I dared to speak ill of Ohayocon. (So I'm not wanting to go into detail about what else I do, lest this somehow get back to them and they harass me more.)

Some of the gulls here were mocking the panelists that were upset, but Ohayocon's new staff isn't in the right, either.

A lot of the salt that was being thrown around in the facebook group was because a lot of people weren't being approved despite trying for several years to get in, and there was a lot of conflicting reasons they were denied.

Oh, and the only people who got enough panels to get reimbursed for their badge happened to be the special guests they invited to do panels. That was another thing people weren't too pleased with. (Though the staff assured them that's entirely coincidence.)

I think my friend might have some screenshots saved of what went on in the facebook group, if anybody is interested.
>>
>>9292428
No way, you got shots?
>>
>>9292428
I got two out of three rejected. Got feedback but it was pretty straightforward. What panels did you submit?
>>
>>9292453
Just got them from my friend. I'm gonna cover up some names to protect identities.

>>9292495
I don't feel comfortable sharing that. I don't want the staff to be able to ID me if they find this thread somehow.
>>
>>9292428
i can't speak for most of this but i got 3 panels approved and my friend had 4 and we werent invited or anything soooo....
>>
File: it was a dark and stormy night.png (147KB, 470x518px) Image search: [Google]
it was a dark and stormy night.png
147KB, 470x518px
>>9292521
I wasn't around when the facebook group had enough salt to become Magaritaville, so I only know what I heard second hand, and what I can read in the screenshots.

Speaking of, here's where everything started. I color coded the blocks covering recurring names. Most of the salt comes from bright red and bright yellow.

Also, my friend who took the screenshots uses this weird plug-in that changes facebook's buttons and fields to be more...pony-ish.
>>
>>9292524
Here's where yellow makes a debut. On the one hand, if somebody has those kinds of credentials, conventional wisdom says they'd be a shoe-in.

But on the other hand...eh, read the filename.
>>
>>9292529
The salt must flow!

This is where some other conversations start, as well as when people start agreeing with yellow's conspiracy theory.
>>
>>9292529
Lol if yellow has never had a panel accepted at any Ohio convention ever he must be doing something really wrong.
>>
File: theyre all out to get me.png (120KB, 471x465px) Image search: [Google]
theyre all out to get me.png
120KB, 471x465px
>>9292531
The grey blocks are the staff that are in charge of selecting panels. There's a total of three of them involved in the process, but I'm keeping who said what covered as well.

I may be a bitch that's showing off stuff they wanted to get rid of, but I'm still going to do what I can to protect their identity.
>>
>>9292536
Some other conspiracy theories. This actually came before yellow's debut. (>>9292529)

These originally came to me as a bunch of random filenames that weren't in order, so I can't really remember what happens when.
>>
File: papers please 001.png (166KB, 470x508px) Image search: [Google]
papers please 001.png
166KB, 470x508px
>>9292539
Black has a little sidebar with grey. The entire thing reveals one of the pet peeves I had with Ohayocon.

They can't keep their facts together.

This is also where I got the idea that only the guests got reimbursed.
>>
File: papers please 002.png (139KB, 428x453px) Image search: [Google]
papers please 002.png
139KB, 428x453px
>>9292541
>>
File: papers please 003.png (93KB, 427x365px) Image search: [Google]
papers please 003.png
93KB, 427x365px
>>9292542
...and the conclusion.
>>
>>9292541
so accusatory people realizing that their accusations are wrong, continue
>>
>>9292544
Green is largely how I feel about all this now, to be honest. With no panels, I can just go somewhere else and do something else.

I was mad that I got rejected, but I'm okay now.
>>
>>9292547
And the last one. Just some people bantering about panels they don't like.

I also noticed the list I see some gull posted above is different from what Ohaycon originally announced.

I guess some people got thrown out for being too salty. Or they decided to take their ball and go home.
>>
>>9292558
Lol you don't know, but those guys are the featured panelists they're making fun of. I remember getting a good chuckle from that and it's even better knowing that you took the bait.
>>
>>9292562
>even better knowing that you took the bait.
I wasn't the one who took the screencaps.
>>
>>9292547
I remember this, red is that 30 year old manchild retard tommy. i've been to his panels and he is the biggest moron. im not surprised at all that he thought "what do you do if the audience doesnt partixipate" meant "remove all interactivity" roflmfao BONUS he admitted that he wasn't planning on doing what he submitted to them. gotta love panel fags
>>
To be honest, the "must have 3 panel-hours to get compensated" rule is so tired and annoying. Colossal does it much more fairly, each hour you do gives you 1/3 compensation, no questions asked. Either you buy a badge at a discount or get your money back there.
Really wish other cons would pick this practice up. It just makes sense. Right no there's no actual incentive to do less than 3 hours at most cons, and if they only accept 1 or 2 of yours, tough luck.
>>
>>9292994
My con is going with the each hour you do gives you 1/3 compensation method. We've only had one issue we haven't figured out exactly how to handle.
Do panelists prefer the partial refund after each panel if they have multiple panels, or the whole amount at the end of their last panel?
>>
>>9292994
Yeah but at least all my co-panelists also get free badges too if I have enough. That's a bigger boon to me since I usually have enough to get comp and have a lot of friends.
>>
>>9283772
Yeah, The Journey Beyond photoshoot scam gofundme is what bankrolled Tokyo Attack. That's how they got those machines.
>>
>>9293141
What's this scam? I've never heard of it.
>>
>>9293141
Wait are you serious? That was a big fucking deal!
>>
>>9293166
There was the one this summer but I don't think you're talking about that.
>>
>>9293141
Uhhhh Tokyo Attack had machines way before that Journey Beyond Kickstarter crap. They used to be called Bemani Invasion, and have been bringing their games to cons since 2012. The money they make from cons goes into buying more games.
How do you figure they even tie into that kickstarter?
>>
For example, my arcade machines (a few are set up in ggpon right now) cost in the neighborhood of $28k.

I don't think a gfm for a photoshoot raked in enough to even buy a DDR...
>>
>>9293181
You can buy them for relatively cheap if you have the connection to a Japanese distributor like Anthony does. But, a GoFundMe or Kickstarter never helped TA get to where they are. It started as three guys who chipped in to get Japanese rhythm machines for a personal collection out of their own pockets. They loaned them out to a nearby mall and made some of the initial investment back. Eventually, they pulled the machines out of the mall so they could take them to local cons (MAG and Katsu for example). Anthony pretty much runs TA now, but Greg and Chris help out as much as they can and own a few of the machines.
>>
>>9293186
I know, that was the cost of 14 games in a container. If you buy from Japan you need to go in bulk or it's not worth it.
>>
>>9293193
Yep. And that GFM/Kickstarter raised what...? $15k?
>>
>>9293199
The summer gfm? God that thing made me so mad at the time lol.
It raised 12k, 6-8 of it went to paying fees for the truck that got damaged at anime blues con.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482156388856.jpg (51KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482156388856.jpg
51KB, 1137x640px
The found court looks great. I'm so happy that section of construction is done.

LESS THAN A MONTH BOYZ
>>
>>9293181
What's worse, getting a bunch of gofundme money from people who think you deserve it after a tragedy, or buying your machines with your rich parents' money?

>>9293141
This is the best joke ever that flew over everyones head ITT
>>
File: fx88jl02mk8x.jpg (171KB, 1600x1381px) Image search: [Google]
fx88jl02mk8x.jpg
171KB, 1600x1381px
>>9294297
How'd we even get on this subject anyway? This isn't even related at this point.
>>
>>9292994
>>9293091

I agree with the faction rule it only applies to the head panlist leaving little reason for co panlists to break their backs going to multiple panels. Idk if youve done a panel alone it's not as fun when you dont have good banter going on. Lot of the time audience stare at you with dead fish eyes. Idk how teachers do it.
>>
File: IMG_0198.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
How much longer do we have gulls?

Because this sure looks like shit right now
>>
>>9294342
>brings up subject
>shit flies back at them
>lol why are we talkin about this here look at this chihuahua
>>
>>9295680
No because if we're talking like this it means we know each other and I'd like to consider us friends. If you want to bitch at me you know where to do it.
I've made my peace with Anthony since, there's no reason to try and stir up shit anymore. It's just trying to start more drama where we don't need it.
>>
How is it that they're still announcing new guests less than a month before the con?!
>>
Update from the Facebook page:

This year's Game Room will feature a ton of Different Arcade Cabinets provided by Gotcha Gachapon and Snow Phoenix!

Games such as...

DanceDanceRevolution
jubeat
BeatStream
REFLEC BEAT
pop'n music
Initial D ARCADE STAGE 8 Infinity
MÚSECA
Future TomTom
Dance Evolution
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme
Dance Maniax
Taiko no Tatsujin
Cho Chabudai Gaeshi! (Super Table Flip!)
beatmania IIDX
>>
>>9300328
Told you guys it would be good.
>>
>>9293179
Called "Having to pay your credit cards quickly.
>>
>>9300328
Okay, but how many will actually be turned on and running properly?
>>
>>9301465
All of the ones that are out.
>>
>>9301608
Who do we place our bets with?
>>
>>9301680
$20 if something from SPX is out and broken/off for a significant amount of time. You can meet me sometime Sunday to pay me. ;D
>>
>>9302035
Define significant.
>>
>>9302038
3 hours daytime, 6 if something happens after 2.
>>
>>9302044
2 AM** I should have clarified
>>
>>9287740
It's literally just some unoriginal asshole who spouts memes and spouts basic bitch views on Marvel franchises. Don't bother lol.
>>
Not looking forward to all the Deadpool cosplayers running around being jackasses. Just because I can't see your face doesn't mean you can be a dick to everyone. GF was super uncomfortable last year because of them - this year is going to be worse, so she's staying away.

Still super stoked to get SHITTY, crossdress & rage for, like, 12 freaking hours in 2 days. Fave. time of the year. LET'S GOOO!
>>
File: CtU3F4MWIAAnXUp.jpg (54KB, 698x459px) Image search: [Google]
CtU3F4MWIAAnXUp.jpg
54KB, 698x459px
>Ohayocon Facebook Group
>Dudebros asking for cosplay advice when the con is three weeks away
>Basic chicks asking about quick cheap hair dyes because they can't afford wigs
>Deleted troll posts of people arguing about white cosplayers changing their skin tone as if anyone attending Ohayocon could pull it off without it looking like shit
>>
>>9302959
The Facebook group has been driving me insane. Attention whores and cosplay lineups that's all that's on that page. And I see people posting about events and they get no attention and get drowned out.
>>
>>9302959
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
>>
File: 1425189720597.jpg (75KB, 710x571px) Image search: [Google]
1425189720597.jpg
75KB, 710x571px
>>9302965
How are cosplay lineups a bad thing? ??
>>
>>9303466
Because honestly, no one cares about the shitty cosplay some random person is going to be wearing on what day over the weekend.
>>
>>9303482
What.
Cosplay lineups are fun for finding out who might be cosplaying the same series as you, or series you're interested in.
>>
>>9303466
Cosplay lineups are ridiculous. They're incredibly self-aggrandizing when so few people really care about what your fourth cosplay of the day is. Talking about and posting pictures of cosplays is fine, but making a schedule? Telling people where they'll be? Please, your cosplay is not that important.
>>
Wish they would do what Colossal did and shove all the cosplayers into a separate group and let them all facefuck themselves into oblivion while the rest of us can talk about the actual con.
>>
>>9303499
This is the best outcome. Colossal's fb group is pretty bearable in comparison.
>>
>>9292428
Ohayocon rejected my panel that I've done with them two times now, likely because of them 'looking for new interesting topics' which is disappointing for me because my panel from this year had a awful turnout to the year before because it was at 10 in the morning on Sunday but I had a full panel room at Colossal this year.

My friend who also has been doing panels for Ohayocon for years only had 2/4 panels accepted, but the two rejected are what most people would go to to learn about the topic only they do.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482989185506.jpg (140KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482989185506.jpg
140KB, 768x1024px
Jesus. Her "photography" is NOT worth that much.
>>
>>9303674
>Photoshopping included
>laughinggulls.jpg
>>
File: .facebook_1483116970058.jpg (421KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
.facebook_1483116970058.jpg
421KB, 2048x1536px
>>9303674
I hope these people didn't have to pay
>>
>>9303493
Not everyone is unbearably anti-social, anon. Sometimes people want to meet up with people cosplaying stuff they're into.
>>
>>9303697
It would be nice to put all of that in a "Ohayocon Cosplay and Meetup" group instead so it's easier to filter that content out.
>>
>>9302044
My Preditions:

At least on Jubeat will be turned off/ not working for nearly the whole weekend, IIDX will have liquids spilled on it, Super table flip will be broken/off for a significant portion, DDR will need to be fixed numerous times throughout the weekend, and staffers will be hogging DanEvo, so the rest of us will give up due to long lines that take forever to get through.
>>
>>9303720
Can't wait for you to be proven wrong :)

(Except table flip and DDR Extreme, they aren't SPX cabinets so ultimately it's out of my hands)
>>
>>9303668
One of my topics was something that I've only seen ever seen one other person do, and whenever I described it to people, it always at least piqued their interest.

It wasn't "interesting enough" though, and was "not well prepared."

Never mind that me and my mentor (the other person who did this topic) spent years figuring it out...
>>
I wonder how Hyatt wrist bands are going to work this year if they go that route again, because their elevators will be over worked due to the big stairs being closed.
>>
>>9303861
Or maybe you're not as good as you think you are. Git gud.
>>
>>9304204
That's the plan. Git gud, and go to every other con BUT Ohayocon.
>>
What's the party/rave scene here like? Anybody handing out acid and shit like some places?
>>
Schedule got released. It's missing all the events for guests though, why?
>>
>>9306513
They do this every year. The guests department is infamous for being last minute assholes. They can't get anything done ahead of time.
>>
Well atleast Samuraicon will probably be better than the shit show that was Shumatsucon's first year.
>>
>>9306708
Can we just STFU about cons that aren't Ohayo? Start your own fucking thread already instead of needing to hijack this one because it's too small to matter.
>>
>>9306708
Holy shit, I totally forgot about that con after seeing a flyer for it last year.
What does that make now, 5 anime cons in this city? I seriously don't understand why groups think there should be another shitty convention a few weeks after one just happened.
>>
>>9306513
Am I blind or are none of the dance events listed?
>>
>>9306513
>>9306744
They said it's incomplete and only had the fan panels listed so far. Better than getting it the week of con I guess.
>>
>>9306742
Because literally Ohayo has dwindled in quality over the years so much that its apparently necessary that Columbus has 5 different anime conventions.
>>
Anyone else think it's weird that they're closing the Ohayocon facebook page to 'comment only' during the convention?
>>
First year not staffing in awhile. Thank fucking christ.
>>
>>9307334
I mean, I kind of understand it. If there -is- important information that needs to get out there like panels canceled, emergencies, meetup information changing it would be nice to have it be seen before being drowned by the "I'm wearing this today, come find me!" posts, that I'm definitely guilty of as well. BUT, if they're going to do that, they should have a cosplay group like every other con so there is someplace to do those kinds of posts.
>>
>>9307554
Also, not that it's going to happen, but if Facebook allowed multiple pinned posts, or ones always kept at the top like priority messages, there definitely wouldn't be a need for comment only.
>>
>>9306761
I mean... the oversaturation of cons in Columbus is more due to Anime Punch never learning when to quit rather than Ohayocons level of quality. AP proved to every shit with self confidence issues in Columbus that as long as you can rent a shitty business hotel and get your friends to show up you to could run a "con."

For fucks sake Shumatsucon is a AP spite con that uses almost the party con model as AP. Just less rapey. Samurai is the same deal vs Ohayo. Yoi is its own special gurge match vs ACEN. There isn't really a market but as long as can get 500ish friends and friends of friends to show up you too can run a "con" in Columbus. It's kind of sad.
>>
>>9306708
>Shilling this hard
>>
>>9307689
AP didn't invent spite cons.

If anything Ohayocon taught evert shit with self confidence issues in Columbus that you can make a large convention with thousands upon thousands of attendees every year while providing 0 new content.
>>
Remember when all the shills in the Ohayo threads were for Ohayocon. I like these Samurai shills, it's a fresh change of pace.
>>
Yeah what's up with the rave not being on the schedule? I mean they have to have one right?
>>
>>9308114
Dude just shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>9304120
If you signed up at hyatt for any reason other than it was the cheapest out of the 4 or 5 hotels connected to the convention center, you've cucked yourself. Hyatt will never be a hotel worth going to unless you're a parent with kids or an introvert.
>>
>>9303674
Kek. I'll never understand anime con 'photographers'
>>
>>9304885
The rave wasn't good last year, imo. But it was mainly due to the B.O. as soon as I walked in I get hit by a waft of people who don't shower. And the music was maybe par for the course.
>>
>>9308687
What do you prefer?

Drury always books up too fast, and the Crowne smells always like corn chips and feet and the last time I got a room it was kind of moist, like mildewy.
The Lofts is pretty shitty (Last I stayed they actually advertised convention center access, but you could not come back the same way, you had to walk outside to get in the front because the walkway door was locked from the inside)
Hilton is way too expensive (about x2 the cost per night) and the walkway closes at midnight and you have to walk outside. By far the nicest rooms, definitely, and the nicest hotel. Their bar is very nice. But also I left my laptop charger there last year, I called and they gave me the run around for three days. Then they found it and charged my card $35 to mail it to Cleveland.
>>
>>9308702
That's a shame. Drury had a bunch of rooms open about 2-3 weeks ago.

I will always go for drury. It's almost as cheap as the hyatt without the shitty wristbands. And you get free breakfast/dinner
>>
>>9308720
Seriously, after spending years staying at the Hyatt it's crazy how much better the Drury is in terms of experience. Still connected to the con, smaller, easier to get to and from your room, and free meals/drinks. They also had some popcorn as well last year Friday/Saturday night for some night-snacking.
There's a reason why they book up quickly.

Did anyone else witness the marriage proposal a random couple had in the Hilton walkway last year?
>>
Wait I just looked at the guest list and realized Greg Ayres isn't listed. So they fired him?? He's no longer doing the rave??? FUCKING YAS
>>
>>9308778
I was wondering the same thing, I could have sworn he was one of the first 'guests' they announced last year
>>
>>9308778

Yep, I talked to some staff about how they were cleaning house and getting rid of him was part of it.
Personally I'm happy about the head of security getting kicked. It's kind of nice since you know he was probably literally a Nazi.
>>
>>9309108
Head of security was a literal prick. still friends with him on fb just for the cringe.
>>
>>9308778
>Greg Ayres
Who?
>>
>>9309263
If you don't already know, your life is an iota better than those who do
>>
Now they just need to get rid of Melissa and put someone who actually gives a shit in charge.
>>
I've been going to this con for years and years and I don't think I'll ever get over them no longer allowing fan art in the AA and claiming it's because theyre a big convention. Even though literally every other convention can do it.
>>
>>9309353
>I'll ever get over them no longer allowing fan art in the AA and claiming it's because theyre a big convention. Even though literally every other convention can do it.

This isn't really a huge loss. Like honestly how many Naruto x Sasuke prints did you really need to buy senpai?
>>
>>9309372
But the people that always get a table for their comics no one cares don't bring more people in. I'm guilty of buying tons of prints of fanart but it's an alternative to the dealer's room because official merch might be crap or there isn't even any official merch yet/ever.
It's a good chance tables will all have stuff from the same shows (because that's what is making money atm) but that never gets raised as an issue in the dealers room, where they all have the same shit + bootlegs
>>
>>9309381
>But the people that always get a table for their comics no one cares don't bring more people in.
I agree. Like who gives a fuck about FlipSide in 2016?

>I'm guilty of buying tons of prints of fanart but it's an alternative to the dealer's room
Although prints are usually cheaper, you could always commission artists you're interested in.

>but that never gets raised as an issue in the dealers room, where they all have the same shit + bootlegs
That's because the average dealer will have merch from 20 shows instead of just 5.

Either way, more diversity can only help the convention.
>>
>>9309372
Don't pretend like this doesn't hurt the artists. Ohayo 2016 is the first con I didn't buy a single print at. I walked through the alley once and never came back. It's a goddamn shame. Ohayo isn't even high profile enough to warrant this.
>>
>>9309353
Honestly I agree, I don't even bother going to the artist alley anymore because I know I won't be buying anything. Some fanart is shit but a lot of it is really great stuff that I'm proud to put on my walls. It's a real loss to Ohayocon and their attendees to not acknowledge this part of the community.
>>
>>9309288
that stubborn piece of shit is why I quit. she is 90% of the problem why my department couldn't get anything done until the last minute and I had enough. she won't ever leave though, ohayo is doomed.
>>
>>9309468
Can you spill any more deets anon?
>>
>>9309468
My department was probably the only chill department since we didn't give a shit except people having a decent time but half of us left after last year. We couldn't even get silverware to eat our food with because every year "they always forgot" or "ran out" so I truly feel you
>>
>>9309489
basically she never responds to emails from attendees or low level staff. she's always too busy or has some incredible life event every few months that makes her unavailable. and of course there's no one else that can take up the reigns in her place. of course alan probably could if he wasn't mia 97% of the time he is a fuckn ghost. she refuses to plan anything early in the year and things don't even really get moving until late fall. it was embarrassing having people complain about really simple things not being on the website because she won't confirm the most basic details to let us move forward, i hated that we got all the shit when none of it was anything we could do about.

i loved my coworkers and i love ohayo as a whole but she and the rest of the aging senior staffers are the main reason the passionate staffers leave.
>>
>>9309526
yeah getting eating utensils was always a 50/50 shot. most cons I've staffed at fail hard with staff suite though so that's not a gripe I have just for ohayo.
>>
>>9309264
Yeah but I still want to know
>>
>>9307880
I didnt say any con started spite cons. I was simply stating Shumatsu started out very much as a spite con, and Samurai is clearly a spite con.

Also have you only been to your local cons?? Most of the older guard cons have the same issues with being lazy amd offering little in the way of new content. ACEN, Otakon, Youmacon, I'll throw Katsucon and Colossalcon in there as both just coast on the popularity if their location. Ect. Ect.
>>
>>9309543
Can confirm. Guest relations fucking it up.
>>
What's everyone's cosplay plans for Ohayocon?
>>
File: s-l1600 (2).jpg (175KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (2).jpg
175KB, 1200x1600px
>>9310455
i have some samurai armour im planning on wearing
friday i have same tatami low ranking samurai armour and saturday i have a warlord looking getup
sundays just going to be some comfy kimono and hakama
pic related is my kabuto
>>
>>9309884
The head of Shumatsu apparently saw this thread lol. He is not happy
>>
>>9310455
I'll be Yuri Plisetsky from Yuri on Ice most the weekend.
Gotta love them gay ice boys
>>
File: iYOXpB3.gif (270KB, 452x332px) Image search: [Google]
iYOXpB3.gif
270KB, 452x332px
>>9310689
Nice anon
>>
File: 2016-07-04 13.31.25.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-04 13.31.25.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>Want to go to ohayocon
>costume too light for fucking january
fuck it. I'm going for the gold this year.
I'll see youse guys at Magical Mirai
>>
File: spice.jpg (45KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
spice.jpg
45KB, 528x960px
>>9311347
Dude you'll be inside the entire time unless you're at a hotel down the street or something. I might even do Old Spice "cosplay" again
>>
I never post in /cgl/ but I go to this con every year.
Does it urk anyone else when people cosplay all weekend at an anime convention with not a single anime cosplay? Hell not even something anime inspired?
I see this a lot every year at this con especially, and constantly posted on the Ohayocon [spoiler]facebook[/spoiler] group. It just seems to be happening more and more, and it made me wonder if anyone but me is bothered by this.

I've also noticed this happens at anime cons in general more so than comic-cons, where one would rarely see anime cosplay, in comparison to what the con is actually for.
>>
>>9311372

Not really. There's no point in being all exclusionary when it comes to cons. It's easier to have a good time when you're welcoming towards everyone, especially since cosplayers have such a bad reputation as a bunch of elitists.

I'll be rocking One Piece all weekend. Sanji on Friday, Doffy on Saturday, and Sabo on Sunday.
>>
>>9311372
It doesn't happen at comic cons because they're not nearly as friendly. Anime cons host everything because so few people care that much to be exclusionary. Just the community vibe.
>>
>>9309551
Agreed but we went 3 years with "forgotten" utensi;ls" We also didnt get deparment shirts like everyone else bc they "forgot to order them" multiple times. We were very disliked because we were a department that was disconnected from the shithold people and were very vocal about our opinions.
>>
File: Ohayocon 2017.jpg (3MB, 3992x2467px) Image search: [Google]
Ohayocon 2017.jpg
3MB, 3992x2467px
>>9310455
I'm prepared for the roast.
>>
>>9309353
>>9309466
It's because they were one of the rare cases where someone claimed the fanart was copyright infringement, iirc. A decade ago when it was half its size I specifically remember fanart being outside the dealers room (which was one of the panel rooms by the atrium).
>>
>>9312294

IIRC they got in legal trouble for bootleg merch in the dealers room and signed a cease and desist that they claim prohibit any kind of fanart. But that's been the story for like eight years now.. and the dealer's room is still brimming with bootlegs
>>
Imagine if they cut Matt Sucre from the programming department.
The panels might not be disappointing and they'd get a schedule out early for once!
>>
>>9310455
Not sure what i'm doing yet.
I didn't want to do it because amazon cucked me on my mask getting here in time for Ohayocon but i'll be doing some shitty version of Jacket from Hotline Miami. I'll wear a weeb face mask or some shit.
>>
>>9312578
Honestly that would be so great. I have had the most amazing experience as a panelist so far from to the two new staffers and I can tell he's holding them back. My emails actually get responded to and I feel welcomed and wanted for once.
>>
File: 60206.jpg (88KB, 436x347px) Image search: [Google]
60206.jpg
88KB, 436x347px
This is my 3rd time going to this con, I was Punpun the last con and a lot more people recognized it then I thought there would be, hopefully with the localization in progress even more people will recognize it

Seems like the panels this year are pretty boring, last year there was a nice eva one about the symbolism in the show and i thought it was really great, nothing of the sort this year unfortunately.
>>
>>9286308
Don't go to the horror panels. Audrey runs them.
>>
>>9313466
Who dat?
>>
>>9311372
I admit I can be bad at this, but I do try to have at least one anime costume. I just don't get a lot of chances to wear the costumes I want because jesus christ this is a wasteland and I refuse to give Wizard World money. I'll be doing my Zeon officer Saturday and my non-anime uniform Sunday.
>>
>>9280222
Donnell shouldn't talk because he has incompetant people working for his own con....like Chris Yarborough/Chris Fox/Fang Fox.
>>
>>9309884
What makes Shumatsu a spite con? Kinda waiting to go till i know if it's good.
>>
>>9314142
The people running it also run Colossalcon, and Colossal has had serious beef with Ohayo which is why they put it on this date. The story is further up on the thread.
>>
>>9314155
Nah that's samurai.
I'm talking about Shumatsu, the one in April. Dude said it was an Anime Punch spite con. Which like isn't ap dead?
Just tryin to figure out if it's worth checking out, but I don't wanna go if it's another spitecon.
>>
>>9314160
It was made because of A&G, not AP. They're just similar in the format of partycon I'd guess.
>>
>>9314160
Reading skills fail. No I went to Shumatsu last year and it's great. Still too small to be a party con (the con chair was actually AP's guest department until this year so I really don't think it's a spitecon) but organized decently and the game room was nice.
>>
>>9314172
He was AP's guest head or A&G's?
Too many fucking cons that sound the same
>>
>>9314185
AP. He quit after the AP heads lost their minds and started stalking Tokyo Attack and trying to sabotage other cons.
>>
>>9314212
That was a&g dawg
>>
>>9314278
-shrug- I saw AP in the thread shared by a friend but it was taken down so I might not be remembering right.
>>
>>9314160
I was talking to a friend who works for AP and they said the guy who started shukatsucon did it because he wanted to run a con and when AP found out be scheduled right by punch they asked him to move it and he basically told them to fuck off
>>
The fact that everyone in here is having trouble keeping their spite cons straight speaks volumes about the Ohio con scene.
>>
Also speaking of spite cons, looks like Samurai is actually going all the way and is hoping to steal Ohayo's attendees by offering discounts when they bring in their badge.
>>
Who does this clown think he is?
>>
>>9314506
>>9314524
allegedly, an ohayocon leader said he was going to kick donnells ass because of the shit they've been pulling with samurai. so he decided to make it worse by making a direct jab. people would have to buy an ohayocon badge in the first place to get a discount so it's not really going to hurt ohayo.
>>
>>9314524
This is the funniest shit. There's no hiding they're trying to take attendees. Fuck it. Let them fight. Someone is going to have to improve/keep things cheap for attendees while keeping us entertained. Let the best con win.
>>
>>9314524
What a bullshit move. Fuck this dude.
Just makes me wanna go to Ohayo more
>>
>>9314524
But if you ask any of the people involved in it they're "just making a small con and doing our own thing it's just because they care about the con community so much they wanted another small con!"

I've heard talk about it before it was officially announced. They literally said their plan was "people would go to Ohayo, see how shitty it is, and come to our con." It's downright scummy and no matter how badly you've been treated by Ohayo in the past you don't go lower to try and beat them.
>>
Idk. I want to go to both cons desu
>>
>>9314678
Honestly there's no real reason to go to both. They'll have the same offerings at both but one will have several thousand people and the other will have several hundred.

And to be honest if they keep making these deals I think their prereg is way way lower than they expected and they're scrambling to get more people in.
Watch, it'll be an even more pathetic showing than Yoi-con had last year.
>>
>>9314506
oh man! i quit ohayo because they're incompetent but at least i never once saw anything malicious like this. Ohayocon does not deserve anything close to this level of fuckery no matter how lacking they are. i just lost so much respect for the colossal staff wow.
>>
>>9313960
Colossalcons staffing problem are hilariously stupid. They can bearly keep a security chair for more than a year ever since that tweeker attacked staff. Hell this last year they had a what? Two check points? That was their attempt at crowd control.

>>9314142
>>9314160
If you want a small con that is "fandom inclusive" ( e.g. whatever is currently popular on tumblr) then i guess it's alright con. Their chair doesn't like "cosplay elitism" so if you're expecting a cosplay heavy con, with lots of interesting panels, and meet ups... then I would suggest a differnt con. It's just a bland con without much going on and all there is to really do is room parties. That makes it a party con.

AP cant accept being dead. They run out of money. Have to cancle for a bit but then save up their pocket change only to run another disaster con. That said Shumatsu's dates were clearly picked kill all of those small spring cons.

>>9314278
>>9314303
>>9314172

He was a&g's guest relations. Who he originally hated until his friend took over a&g.

>>9312578
AAAAAA you're probably right.

>>9314524
HOLY SHIT THE SALT
>>
>>9315027
Wouldn't killing all the shitty spring cons be a good thing?
Whether it was intentional or not (which it clearly was), AP and A&G have needed to die for years. Maybe Shumatsu will finally push them over the edge.

I was there last year and there was a ton of shit to do. Did you even bother to go to any of the events? Or were you just sulking in the hallways determined to have a bad time?
>>
>>9315042
>shilling this hard
I mean you're allowed to have bad taste.

Unfortunately the all the con chairs for the Ohio con scene are autistic babies in their own way, which is why it's such a cluttered mess in the first place. I don't think trading one depressing small con for another really improves the scene desu.
>>
>>9315115
Just don't go to any of them then lol
Then they'll all die off
>>
>>9315115
Saying a con has shit to do is shilling?
>>
hey gulls, lurking on this thread for a while and wanted to ask a quick question:
I originally was going to have to costumes ready for this con, Belle's ballgown from Beauty and the Beast, and Anastasia's blue gown (Bluth ver)
I stalled and had a lot of work, so I only got Belle done... Ana is nowhere near ready.

Would it be a cop-out for me to dress as Belle both days I'm attending?!
Thanks for the input if i get any, and i'm excited for this year!
>>
>>9315450
Don't feel bad about cosplaying the same thing all weekend. A lot of people wear just the one thing and they get a ton of exposure.
>>
>>9314524
Ah ha ha get fucking rekt.

Ohayocon needs to be knocked on it's ass.
>>
>>9315695
You realize that to get the $5 discount you needed to have bought a full-price badge to Ohayo, right?
This is just Samuraicon being petty and realizing that they didn't have all the pull they wanted to have. Their projected attendance is probably lower than expected. Amazingly, using the "we're not Ohayocon" line as your main reason to get attendees wasn't the pull they needed. Maybe next year, unless they do so poorly they scrap it after this year, they'll focus more on themselves and make a real attempt at making a good con.
>>
>>9315699
It's not even going to matter how badly Samuraicon does attendance-wise, they're going to say they were a great success. Even if the actual con is subpar at best, they'll be so embittered against Ohayocon that they'll claim the environment couldn't be beat. They won't get more than 300 people in attendance.
>>
>>9315864
I don't doubt that. Everything they've said about themselves was to compare their con to Ohayo. I don't think I've seen them ever just support themselves. It's always just "we have better guests that Ohayo" "we have a better game room than Ohayo" "we have a better staff than Ohayo"
>>
>>9314659
>It's downright scummy and no matter how badly you've been treated by Ohayo in the past you don't go lower to try and beat them.

It's not going "lower". It's offering almost the exact same experience. There's nothing scummy about it. Ohayocon has been a bloated ass waste of money for years now.
>>
>>9316032
Even if it's not going lower, dragging yourself down to that level to get at someone else is in poor taste and means nothing.
If you want your spite con to succeed, you need to ignore the other guy and do better, not try and get the jump on them by constantly comparing yourself and shittalking them. Ohayo already had a shaky reputation, I'm not sure why they needed to keep pounding that message home.
>>
File: LOL.png (337KB, 1120x743px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
337KB, 1120x743px
>20-30 Minute drive from a large convention where all of your friends are to a small convention in it's first year
>People traveling far to Ohayo aren't going to want to drive more just to check out some literally who convention
>Locals who are worried about parking aren't going to want to sacrifice choice spaces just to check out some literally who convention a half an hour away
>The experiences and offerings for the casual con-goer will be virtually the same except for Ohayo's clear attendance advantage

It's kind of sad. I personally would like more conventions to happen in the downtown area. Theoretically competition SHOULD result if better conventions as these organizers realize they can't just sit on their asses and rake in money based on popularity alone.

But that doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon.
>>
>>9316043
>Even if it's not going lower, dragging yourself down to that level to get at someone else is in poor taste and means nothing.

What level?
They're simply banking on people paying full price for badges at Ohayo and just getting bored enough to check out another convention. Ohio anime conventions also tend to be pretty open, so you'll be able to see a lot of what the convention has to offer without paying a dime.

>If you want your spite con to succeed, you need to ignore the other guy
Not necessarily. As long as you actually have something to offer you can acknowledge the other guy. You just have to make doubly sure you're offering a unique experience.

There is also the chance that this could be good for Ohayo. With The Hyatt cracking down on room parties, a higher police presence, and the recent issues in the press Samuraicon could become a sort of containment zone for all the scummy bros who just want to get drunk and fuck 15 year olds.
>>
>>9316044
It really makes you wonder why they even bothered. This spite con will be dead on arrival
>>
>>9316057
>It really makes you wonder why they even bothered.

Most likely, just to show that they could. Who knows how much they're actually investing in this convention. I figure if AP can afford this space it must not be too expensive by convention standards.

They could just be investing very little to gauge interest, and then if it performs as expected of exceeds those expectations they'll go full force next year.

It's like messaging your friend's GF to subtly see if she's willing to cheat on him. They're literally trying to cuck Ohayocon.
>>
>>9316063
That venue is approximately $5500 for the weekend.
Their guest list features 5 voice actors, who according to industry standards have a MINIMUM appearance fee of $1000, plus room and travel. 300 for 3 nights at the hotel and another 400 for flights puts each guest at a minimum of $1700. That's now $14k. Plus the other 3 non-va guests who will get room and travel covered ($700 each), then throw in game room rental from Tokyo Attack, AV rental, and various other expenses, we're looking at about $20k
With badge prices at $25 for the day (because let's be real, very few people are going to buy a 3 day badge for a first year) he'll need 800 attendees to break even.
This dude is beyond fucked. If he's lucky he'll get 400 (and that's being generous), so he's paying $10k just to issue a middle finger to Ohayo.

TLDR; cons are expensive and James Gibbs is a fucking moron
>>
File: fukk.png (158KB, 1440x615px) Image search: [Google]
fukk.png
158KB, 1440x615px
F u k k
>>
>>9316087
Don't forget that they do the Colossal style of panelist badge comp; every hour gives you a 1/3 refund on your badge. Half the people there are probably doing a panel or two so that's even more money they're out.

>>9316089
Lol
>>
>>9316089
Rex, the Collosalcon staffer who got drunk on duty last year and had numerous complaints lodged against him for verbally attacking panelists including me. I can't wait to see what a trainwreck this is.
>>
>>9316229
This entire con is like a mishmash of alcoholics who got banned from other cons.
>>
>>9316248
Theyre banned from other cons, including mine, but I'm banned from all of their cons. This is funny.
>>
>>9316275
>Theyre banned from other cons, including mine, but I'm banned from all of their cons. This is funny.

Niggga who the fuck are you?
>>
>>9316276
I made fun of James, and his sugar daddy Donnell in a public group under my real name.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 248x203px
>>9316276
>>
>>9316281
>I made fun of James, and his sugar daddy Donnell in a public group under my real name.

Who the fuk r u tho?
>>
>>9316284
I'm not going to put myself out there like that. Sorry, anon. It will be easy to find out if you really want to know if you just ask them.
I'm friends with someone else they banned for the same thing, and I guess I got banned because they banned her too. Just ask them who they banned when they banned Sarah.
>>
File: HypeDog.gif (968KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
HypeDog.gif
968KB, 400x550px
2 days. HYPE
>>
The con crunch is real. Wigs aren't fully cut. Can't find one of my most important wigs. May have broken a zipper on a gown. Just another convention.
>>
Any Team Skull grunts coming out?
We gotta squad up
>>
>>9316281
Good, james gibbs is a sleaze anyway.
>>
>no schedules printed
>no prereg tonight

Wing it Con!
>>
Does this convention still not accept credit cards for badges or am I safe to not bring cash?
>>
>>9318145
Cash only bro
>>
>>9318148
Damn. I was hoping to not have to stop by the bank
Thanks
>>
>>9318148

What the fuck. Why?
>>
File: tumblr_n7m4h4baTZ1rcvts1o1_500.jpg (24KB, 450x297px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7m4h4baTZ1rcvts1o1_500.jpg
24KB, 450x297px
Whos ready to crop dust this whole convention?! Lets roll out lads!!
>>
>>9318176
It cost money to accept credit cards.
>>
>>9318271
>It cost money to accept credit cards.

But how much time and energy would they save if people were able to just swipe a damn card?

It's a fairly minor inconvenience, but I feel like it could only benefit them in the end. Shit like this is why people think they aren't willing to stop and invest in their own convention.
>>
My friends are running a room party on five near the elevators. Anyone interested?
>>
Meet up when?
>>
>>9318444
hotel?
>>
File: 20170113_221049.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_221049.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Where is your card /cgl/?
>>
File: 20170113_230226.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_230226.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>9318826
ayy njgguh
>>
>>9318861
Boi if you don't stop with your lying ass
>>
>>9318903
ILL FUCK YOUR BUTT
>>
The game room is so bad lol. Anyone check out samurai yet?
>>
>>9319245
>The game room is so bad lol. Anyone check out samurai yet?
>Still schilling

Just stop. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>9319245
The game room is great what are you talking about?
>>
i fucking hate anime
>>
>>9319247
>stop shilling

Take your paranoia to /pol/, please. I'm in the ohayo game room right now. I'd never consider going to samurai, I was just wondering how the game room over there is in comparison.
>>
>>9319245
yeah and it was a waste of a day of my life. they cancelled the rave and the panels are so bland. ohayocon can be awful but not *that* bad.
>>
Any other good parties or whatnot going on tonight?
>>
>>9319411
Second this I aint got a badge but I'm still looking for a good time
>>
>>9319457

If you can get into the hyatt you can find the parties
>>
Speaking of game room, some anon here owes me $20 tomorrow.

I know it doesn't have the selection as some other game room across town, but at least it's not dead over here.
>>
Samurai was a bust, ohayocon won this year despite being bland and some areas not being organized at all.
>>
Haven't went to a decent panel yet. Wtf Japan was just memes and VN and 4chan.

There are like 2 panels from midnight to 1am.
>>
Nice thread, le jubeat machines
>>
WAKA WAKA BRAHS
>>
>>9319686
I went to Samurai from Ohayo after I got tired of smelling all the fat weebs and standing in lines for games. Sorry anon. No $20 for you
>>
I got stuck at work all weekend.

Post pics you guys!
>>
File: 72717817yq.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
72717817yq.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
>>9319615
>parties
>hyatt

Pick one.
>>
>>9320376
OH FUCK I WAS WITH YOU DUDES GOD DAMN I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU ALL WERE LEGIT PARTYING
>>
>>9319878
Somehow, I don't think a packed room is much of an actual problem. Sorry to disappoint this year!
>>
>>9320412
Don't worry, you won.
>>
>>9320403
Damn haha. Shoulda stuck around it was fun
>>
I think I'll just start ghosting ohayo...this one was so bland
>>
>>9320376
>americans actually drinking out of solo cups
>>
>>9321074
You don't drink out of beer pong cups, mate.
>>
>>9321074
Oh nvm. Didn't see people holding them too
>>
So there were colossal east pamphlets at the visiter con booths. Is that ran by the same people? I assume they were allowed to advertise there. What does that mean for samurai which is supposed to be a spite con ran by the colossal people?
>>
>>9321283
Colossal officially has denied all involvement with Samuraicon, which allows them to keep up a facade and be two-faced to Ohayocon. I think the staffers know but they're not stooping to donnel's level of pettiness.
>>
>>9321357
To be fair, Samuraicon had no involvement from Donnell besides giving them advice if they needed it. So technically no it isn't related to Colossal.
But the majority of Colossal's staff ran it so it was basically ran by Colossal just without its bankroll.
>>
The con just ended, why isn't anyone posting?
>>
>>9321630
dude I'll end you(r butt)
>>
>>9321630
Because the thread is all the way at the bottom and almost deleted. Someone make a new one.
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.