[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indie Brand General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: infanta-rose-navy.jpg (174KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
infanta-rose-navy.jpg
174KB, 450x675px
So what's your history with indie brands? Do have a favorite one? Or do you just have a horror story to share?
>>
>>9275085
do taobao brands really count as "indie"?
>>
>>9275278
Yeah. I go with the rule that if it's not published in GLB it's indie.
>>
File: ichigomiko.jpg (1MB, 1200x2652px) Image search: [Google]
ichigomiko.jpg
1MB, 1200x2652px
Does anyone own a dress like pic related by Ichigomiko? How is their quality?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=540060188353
>>
>>9275284
Indie is everything that doesn't get manufactured in own factories which applies to pretty much every TB brand unless you didn't know that brands like AP have own factories in Japan.
>>
>>9275390
...in what world is that the definition of indie??? handmade =/= indie in lolita or any other fashion.

example: I buy indie lingerie. some of it is made in small batches in factories, others are hand sewn buy the designer. they are both still indie.
>>
>>9275278
>>9275284
>>9275390

I mean if we are getting technical, every single lolita brand including AP and Baby are indie clothing houses, so "indie" lolita is whatever the fuck we want it to be.
>>
File: Cyo77VsUQAAeVR2.jpg (126KB, 787x1183px) Image search: [Google]
Cyo77VsUQAAeVR2.jpg
126KB, 787x1183px
My favourite indie brand is Seraphim, but I've never bought anything from them.
>>
>>9275489
>...in what world is that the definition of indie???
In the one where dictionairies and Wikipedia states it as so which it does. Just because something is made in an "own" factory doesn't mean they are the owner, they still depend on it via contract.
>>
File: Cx1bm4_UoAA_aaB.jpg (472KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cx1bm4_UoAA_aaB.jpg
472KB, 1200x1200px
Just look at this perfection
>>
Isn't it lolita brands that don't have many shops, don't have frequent releases and aren't as old and famous as The Japanese Burando like angelic pretty, moitie, baby etc?
>>
>>9275495
That would rather be "non big-name lolita brands".
>>
>>9275516
from Wikipedia:
>The indie design movement is made up of independent designers, artists and craftspeople who design and make a wide array of products without being part of large, industrialised businesses.

at no point are "owning" factories or handmade mentioned. and btw, major clothing companies contact for factories. it's called a supply chain... it's magical.
>>
>>9275527
contract*
>>
>>9275517
>>
>>9275085
t i think Diamond Honey has a great chance at becoming one of the most popular indie shops. Their stuff is made to coordination with AP which i think is great
>>
>>9275875
they really should think about changing their name...
>>
>>9275933
why?
>>
>>9275959
when you google it, theres a nude model with the same name, its not that bad really i was just kidding around
>>
>>9275278
There's some criteria I consider when deciding whether or not a brand is indie. Some brands that are definitely indie don't fit into all of these criteria
Are they a taobao brand or based outside of Japan?
Do they (or did they, as brands are increasingly going online only) have physical stores?
Have they been featured in GLB?
On lolibrary, do they have their own brand listed or are they grouped under indie brand?
How recognizable would it be if you mentioned it to another girl in your comm?
>>
>>9275875
honestly, diamond honey looks suspiciously low priced. like sixty bucks for a dress, accessories, AND a bag? Like what's the catch?
>>
>>9276762
It was probably made in a sweatshop. Or shit quality irl. They have to save money somewhere.
>>
Does anybody have experience with Eat Me Ink Me? Is their stuff good quality? I'm specifically interested in buying the skirt with the skull and Poe quote handpainted on but I'm concerned about how durable something that was handpainted on would be. It'd be terrible if the print didn't last AND they're stuff wasn't good quality to boot.
>>
>>9275336
if your counting strawerry witch as a whole that ichigo is in, I really like them (I only bought 2 from strawberry witch; an op and skirt), The quality is up to standards, no itchy/poor lace, no loose threads, and easily coord-able)
>>
>>9276850
What exactly is strawberry witch? What's their relation to ichigo?
>>
>>9276762
That price is just for the dress.
>>
>>9276828
I own one of their skirts - the building print one. It is neatly constructed, the print is crisp and the fabric is pretty nice. My package contained a little note about the architecture which inspired the print plus a chocolate bar from that town with a picture of one of the buildings on it (well wrapped separately from skirt). Communication and shipping was good - I paid through their Etsy shop. I have no complaints for the price, but I'm in the EU so YMMV if their outside EU shipping cost is high.

Hope that helps. Sorry that I can't give direct experience of their handpainted work.
>>
>>9276762
you only get the dress

>thats a kumya bag and ap socks you fool
>>
>>9275085
Is sheglit indie? If so, they are most likely my favourite indie brand, and fast becomming one of my favourite labels all-round.
>>9275517
I need this so badly, I'm worried my shoulders won't fit their pieces though.
>>
Any shops you'd recommend for boleros and outerwear?
>>
File: Q8bg3HqpyLo.jpg (17KB, 228x338px) Image search: [Google]
Q8bg3HqpyLo.jpg
17KB, 228x338px
Most of indie brands designs are not in my taste, but this one I love very much and it's the oldest dress in my wardrobe
>>
>>9277810

> that feel when I made a mistake and got this in beige rather than black
>>
>>9277640
what substyle?
>>
>>9277011
That sounds like wonderful service and the chocolate bar is a nice little touch! Apparently they offer free standard shipping everywhere so that's not a big deal. This makes me feel more comfortable buying from them, thanks a lot!
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.