[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita/J-fash Stupid Questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 32

File: 1472328759275.png (52KB, 444x287px) Image search: [Google]
1472328759275.png
52KB, 444x287px
Lolita/J-fash Stupid Questions: Spoonfeeding Edition. Ask all your stupid, silly, or basic questions here.

Resources:
Coord help thread: >>9254002
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.com/
http://thelolitaguidebook.tumblr.com/
>>
I feel so dumb asking this but ive never been able to figure it out. How do you tuck headress ribbons behind your head? You know, like bonnets with ribbons to tie underneth your chin. Usally i would just hide them underneath a wigcap, but ive seen girls do this with their natural hair and im wondering if they just pin it back, which makes it really likely to fall off or if they do something else
>>
File: 06151850_576124c828cd5[1].jpg (516KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
06151850_576124c828cd5[1].jpg
516KB, 500x600px
>>9273102

If the headdress doesn't already come with one, a haircomb in the middle of the underside, plus two criss-cross hairpins on each side of the headdress to hold the ribbon to your hair, works pretty well to hold down the entire headdress. You can just see the silver haircomb in the middle of the soft bonnet here. The ribbons are pretty much decorative once all the pins are in, and you can tie them to the back of your head if you prefer.

I've gotten to the point where I sew in alligator hairclips on the ends of headdresses (the underside), then either cut the ribbons off, or fold them back onto the underside and tack them down out of the way.
>>
File: headdress.jpg (105KB, 702x562px) Image search: [Google]
headdress.jpg
105KB, 702x562px
>>9273102
Tuck them behind your ears then tie them at the base of your neck. I use hairpins to hold the ribbons in place.
>>
File: image.png (972KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
972KB, 600x900px
Noob question here. What makes a coord a shiro coord. Apart of being white, of course.
Does it have specific elements? or wearing only white items is enough.
>>
>>9273205
Literally just means all white
You can have sweet shiro Gothic shiro etc
>>
Why are there never steam punk threads here?
>>
>>9273219
steampunk is not a Japanese thing.
if you mean steampunk lolita that just isn't a thing
>>
Okay I asked this in the lucky pack thread but I guess it's a better question for here. Is there a lolibrary-type directory of all Liz Lisa releases anywhere online?
>>
>>9273219
>>9273236

You just need to kickstart it with h.Naoto and sprinkle it liberally with aatp as you go along. Add some Abilletage, Sweet Prince Duck or whatever indie Japanese brands that you can find, maybe some photos from Tokyo Street Snaps. Thread will be allowed to stay so long as the discussion keeps going back to Japanese brands that do steampunk.

That said. Steampunk in the west tends to conjure up really dumbshit roleplay where people write out entire ten-page backstories for their steampunk OC, then post some really sad photos of a dumpy fatass in some weird outfit that is brown on brown with brown with cogs and wheels glued on and a toolbelt (and the chicks will generally sport a corset for some unknown reason). And maybe a kid's water pistols that we're supposed to pretend isn't a shitty spraypaint job. I'm not sure that any steampunk thread is actually going to be productive and not devolve into ita/cringe thread: steampunk addition....
>>
>>9273219
not jfash, and especially not lolita because it comes off as too costumey most of the time. you'd have better luck appealing to the cosplay side of the board, as this is the lolita and jfash stupid questions thread.
>>
>>9273246
I'm pretty sure someone replied to your question there and asked for clarification of you meant for all Liz Lisa releases or all Liz Lisa lucky packs.
In either case no (afaik - I'm not a Lolita and not intimately familiar with lolilibrary), but there are some semi decent resources available online for recent stuff (2013 forward) if you're willing to search.
>>
>>9273219
I'm pretty sure there used to be but they were pretty controvercial. Maybe check the archive?
>>
>>9273312
Oh my bad, I didn't see their reply. Do you have specific resources? I don't mind looking through everything they have posted tho
>>
>>9273377
You still didn't specify if you want all Liz Lisa releases or just Liz Lisa fukubukuro releases.
>>
File: 3188.jpg (229KB, 1480x1472px) Image search: [Google]
3188.jpg
229KB, 1480x1472px
>>9273236
factually incorrect on both counts.

>>9273247
but also this. the OP would need to specify its intention to either discuss steampunk in Japan or steampunk as a LARP (since LARP threads are allowed).
>>
>>9273138
>>9273158
I think im going to get some aligator clips, thanks!
>>
>>9273207
Also, plain dresses and not prints
>>
>>9273380
My bad, I mean all releases, like I said in my post above
>>
>>9273486
Your post said you asked in the lucky pack thread which makes it seem like you want all lucky pack releases. I'm not sure it's implied that you want all general releases by asking in a specific fukubukuro thread. And someone has asked almost this exact same question before for "all releases" and got an answer.
In any case, try the liz-lisa tumblog archive. It's not everything but from 2013 forward, most posts have sources to help you find where it came from which will typically have more info.
I'm not sure what info you're trying to gather but Liz Lisa has a fuckton of releases every year and some vary by in store or web only limitations etc. Besides just asking someone who is knowledgable about the brand, the tumblog probably has the most complete and cohesive archive.
>>
File: tumblr_occsk1wKDi1s020upo1_540.jpg (116KB, 540x694px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_occsk1wKDi1s020upo1_540.jpg
116KB, 540x694px
Is this lolita or otome kei?
>>
File: 03162253_56e96575b8381.jpg (87KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
03162253_56e96575b8381.jpg
87KB, 700x700px
Is this bag reflecting light or it is scuffed somehow?
>>
>>9276788
It can be either really. It's a more otome print, but it's matchy enough to be considered a simple lolita coord.

Side note: does anyone know where those shoes are from?
>>
>>9276876
Probably ETC or Leur Getter. They do a lot of triple bow shoes.
>>
>>9276876
Leur Getter
>>
>>9276867
Looks like lighting to me.
>>
>>9276912
Okay, I thought so too but got confused by other pictures of it. Thank you!
>>
are their any resources you guys would recommend for learning how to style wigs, or any wig brands you'd endorse? i'm an absolute idiot when it comes to hair
>>
>>9277060
Not really with regards to styling, but I've heard good things about DreamHolic wigs.
>>
>>9273205
Literally just means all-white but is used most often to refer to oldschool coords since it's a lot rarer nowadays. Kuro technically just means all-black but was most often used to refer to sweet coords or coords that didn't fall into a particular colour that were all-black, as opposed to all-black gothic coords.
>>
Does anybody know how fast Liz Lisa's lucky packs tend to sell out? Should I contact a shopping service as soon as they get announced?
>>
Never used lacemarket before, after purchasing do I get an invoice from PayPal from the seller and just pay that or does lacemarket send me a bill?
>>
>>9277187
You'll get an invoice on paypal
>>
>>9277187

The seller will either message you or you will get a paypal bill from the seller themselves. LM does not participate in this process.
>>
>>9277187
You'll get an invoice from the seller.
>>
>>9276788
Otome
>>
File: cute2.jpg (7KB, 150x137px) Image search: [Google]
cute2.jpg
7KB, 150x137px
>>9277196
>>9277199
>>9277203
Oh, thank you all! I just got the invoice, super excited.
>>
>>9277154
It depends which ones. The ones with availability online usually have a decent amount of stock. If there's a my melody or 109 limited one (like the 2014 and 2015 trunks), then yeah it's better to get a SS that will go earlier in the day.
>>
>>9277242
Thank you!
I'm hoping to get one for the first time this year, depending on if I like the looks of them.
>>
>>9273442
who is this girl and why doesn't she wear shoes?
>>
Not sure if it counts as stupid, but it's a lolita question alright.
My wardrobe mostly consists of wine, ivory and black. I just got a new dress which is blue and white. Not mint, but a nice light blue. I love the dress but I'm afraid it was a stupid buy since I only have one or two items that match it. What do? Bite the bullet and buy blue accessoiries/blouses/tights even though I could only coord them with that one dress, or try making white coords without incorporating the blue too much, at the risk of looking boring?
>>
>>9277213
Why?
>>
>>9277848
It depends on what's important to you. It makes more sense to coord it with what you have, as long as it looks good, than to spend money on stuff you won't use often just so you don't look boring to other lolita's. But if you want to have a lot of likes on CoF it's a different story. Either way, normies won't think you look boring.
>>
>>9277854
I'm a lonelita so it's more about not feeling like my outfits are lazy myself.
>>
how do underskirts work????? do I have to get a long petti to make them poof or do I just use a normal-length one? How can you tell a good underskirt from a shitty one? please help
>>
File: DREAMDRESS.jpg (271KB, 690x946px) Image search: [Google]
DREAMDRESS.jpg
271KB, 690x946px
where can I get vampire cat?
>>
>>9277889
You just have to get one and see if it works with the petti's you have now. If not, I love the long petti's from Physical Drop.
>>
What's the rule on lolita footwear with open back straps? I know it looks tacky to wear open-toed shoes and I hate the look anyway. But is it just as tacky if it's a really nice, round-toed heel and the back of it is just a strap?
>>
File: 497.png (64KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
497.png
64KB, 540x300px
>>9277892
>>
>>9278162
BEito not BAito ffs
>>
>>9277323
Asian people don't wear shoes inside the house.
>>
>>9278142
Yes.
>>
Two stupid questions if you gulls don't mind:
1) How much money do you spend on lolita (weekly, monthly, averaged out)? I recently spent $150 on some items I love but it makes me feel guilty, even though lolita is meant to be a more expensive hobby.

2. If you see a seller on LM with meh feedback but an item you like quite a bit or is cheaper than the usual price, would you buy it? There's a few items I have been looking at buying but the sellers have some negative feedback, nothing like (0,-50) or anything huge but anywhere from (0,-4) to (5,-3), etc. Are they worth the risk?
>>
>>9278162
sorry, you got the wrong gull, I'm too stupid to bait.
>>
Is it possible to find a sturdy cupcake petticoat for under $30?
>>
>>9278174
Thanks, will avoid!
>>
>>9278224
Great petticoats are only like 45 dollars just save up for 5 more minutes, it's a worthy investment
>>
>>9278195
It depends on the nature of the feedback, but I'd say probably not.

I'm pretty sure we had a thread on spending habits a while ago. In my first year in lolita, I spent about £1000 (which was two years' worth of savings). In the second year, I spent £2200. In the third, I spent £3000. I did sell stuff to reinvest back in the fashion, but probably only about £700. From what I can see from wardrobe posts, I have a medium to large wardrobe with no coveted pieces or anything particularly rare.

It sounds like a ridiculous amount when you add up the yearly cost, but it's what, £80-250 a month, so £20-£60 a week? I stopped spending on most other things and pumped most of what I earned from working part-time into lolita. A lot of other students I know who have part-time jobs spend similar amounts on stuff with no resale value (nights out, normal clothes, travel, takeaways, whatever), so I don't feel too bad knowing that I could sell my whole wardrobe tomorrow and get 70% or more of what I spent back.
>>
>>9278195
Read the feedback, it depends what the problem was. Since you're paying with PayPal you will habe protectins so it's okay to take a risk just don't be dumb about it.
>>
>>9278195
1) It looks like I've spent over $4,700 on lolita in the past two months or so.

2) Depends on what the feedback is for. Ask for more detailed proof pics if you're concerned about the quality of the item
>>
I had an auction up on lacemarket and it's been bid on. I'm a bit strapped for cash atm so I'm selling it to the highest (and only) bidder instead of waiting for the auction to end, but I can't cancel the listing because it's been bid on, what do I do? Message the staff to take it down, then relist it so we can both get feedback is what I'm currently thinking of doing if there's no way around it
>>
>>9278275
I think you can delete listings youself.
>>
>>9278276
only up until someone places a bid
>>
>>9278278
What materials and dresses machine wash best? I want to start wearing lolita more often but I don't want a wardrobe that's all dry-clean/handwash only.
>>
>>9278322
Most plain dresses with out to many details can be machine washed. Just put your dress in a garment bag and use the lowest heat setting on gentle cycle
>>
>>9278335
Be careful because a lot of older plain dresses use cotton/cluny lace that shrinks easily, or can have dye from the dress bleed onto it and ruin it. You can get away with prints but you really want stuff with tulle lace or embroidered net lace. Polyester chiffon blouses are really easy to machine wash as well.

Recent IW polyester piece with embroidered net lace - easy to machine wash even if you're not gentle, probably okay even if it's a print.
Nonprint oldschool piece with white lace on a black or a red background - high risk of you fucking up and ruining the dress, or having the dress get pilling.
>>
>>9278252
>>9278259
>>9278263
Alright thank you, interesting to know that I'm not too too bad. About the LM posting, one person in particular has only 3 reviews as a buyer and they're all negative, saying she was unresponsive and didn't pay. They're all from 2014, but I'm still cautious.
>>
File: 1471764105824.jpg (220KB, 961x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1471764105824.jpg
220KB, 961x1280px
What length is a lolita skirt supposed to end at? I always thought that it was around your knee, from just below (far above the curve of your calf) to above (before you can see the thigh). But it seems AP's skirts are often too short for lolita while conversely OTT Classic is full of tea-length dresses or underskirt over underskirt that reach the ankles if not the floor, and those are considered lolita.
>>
>>9278335
>>9278359
Thanks! I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>9278394
Like you noticed, the quintessential lolita skirt ends around the knee (although there's always going to be variation depending on the height of the girl wearing it), but there's more and more tea-length dresses popping up lately, plus 2014-ish AP and gothic/ero brands like Antique Beast are way above the knee on most people. Generally though, all of these dresses preserve the silhouette and would loosely be considered "midi" skirts, so they all qualify. The "dresses must hit exactly at knees" idea was most popular in the late 00s, but there's always been variation - if you look at oldschool snaps, there were quite a lot of shorter skirts around, but also stuff that went beyond the knee, if not by design (usually it looks like average-length dresses worn by 153cm girls).
>>
File: 1437822592730.jpg (174KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1437822592730.jpg
174KB, 640x640px
I've never ordered from wunderwelt before, but I've been eyeing up some of their lots. So I have a couple questions:

Can you combine items from different lots to be shipped together?

What items can NOT be shipped by international EPackage?

And if you've ordered from them before, how has your experience been like?
>>
>>9278408
Huh, alright. So it is usually around the knee, but weird variants appear. Sounds like fashion. Thanks!
>>
>>9278416
If you're ordering from their lacemarket items labeled with a W instead of L (before the produce numbers) can't be shipped with other items. Its been a while since I actually bought anything from them though so I'm not sure about any of your other questions.
>>
So I started wearing lolita last year but I'm taking a lot of time building my wardrobe as I'm on a budget. I have more summer stuff than winter stuff for some reason and I was wondering if it's a no-no to wear a summery main piece in winter? I have only 3 main pieces, two blue JSKs and one white OP, but my winter jackets are all black, would that make me ita even if underneath my jacket is a good coord? (imagine pic related with a black coat)
>>
>>9279023
It's not a no-no at all and desu pic related could be wintry easily, given the colour scheme. Something weirdly summery would be more like a gingham country coord or a strawberry and daisy print. People usually give a lot of leeway with whether coats match your coord, since they're expensive and only useful for a small part of the year and you'll take them off inside anyway. Moitie do black and blue and black and white all the time, so nobody's going to care.
>>
>>9279084
damn it. now I really want to figure out how to do a cute gingham country coord for the winter, anon. country girls don't just dissapear in the snow, you know!
>>
>>9278195
I've spent around $300-$400 a month for the last few months since I dove into jfashion. Offhand it sounds like quite a lot, but I started working in the professional world this last year and was spending around $500 a season trying to buy work appropriate clothes (at this point I'd rather look professional but not boring so it seems worth it to me to invest in otome & some lolita).

just remember that quality clothes are always expensive and you can at least sell these back for a reasonable portion of the cost. what you buy now will likely last you years unlike a f21 shirt that's going to fall apart after 3 wears.
>>
>>9279086
I guess country girls would wear wool or felt during the winter though, gingham is a lightweight summer fabric.
>>
I have a btssb I wore a lot when I was a teen, It has armpit stains.
Is it gross to sell it for like 10 dollars? Is it looked down on?
I figure someone could use it for the lace, or make a pattern out of it.
>>
>>9279134
As long as you disclose everything (age, stains, etc), which it sounds like you will, you should be okay
>>
>>9278416
i always use a ss with wunderwelt because they dont mark down their packages
>>
>>9278278
bump
>>
>>9278275
you could ask the bidder to place a ridiculously high bid on it so they will for sure win in the end.
>>
>>9278416
>>9278624
I recently purchased one of their lacemarket listings. My experience with them was very good, they replied to my messages within two days and communication went well, since I had to e-mail them about using a different paypal account.
Yes, generally all items can be shipped together with one exception, which the other anon also pointed out: W and L-items can't be shipped together.
I remember International EPackage having a 2 kg weight limit, but anything can be shipped using it. Don't quote me on that last one though.
>>
why are people who go on cgl called gulls? ive been here for a month or so and i keep wondering
>>
>>9279208
cgl
c gl
c gull
seagull

gull
>>
>>9279208
Say cgl
>>
When does Moitie release new stuff? How often in the year?
>>
>>9279261
their releases are seasonal, unlike the other brands. They put small collections for summer, autumn etc
>>
how the frick frack paddy whack do i buy a lucky pack? (btssb's specifically)
>>
>>9278416
They used to hold your items for up to a week so you can buy other items. They now can only hold your items if you are actively bidding on something.

Aside from that I've had very good experiences with them
>>
Not really stupid but over asked but wanting an updated answer
What Japan SSs do you use? I was using fj for cheapness and I don't mind the increased 100 yen per item they've done, but they've added a 900 yen fee for putting packages together before shipping/consolidation so is there anywhere that has similar costs for items but no "consolidation" fee ?
>>
>>9273478
Well if it had a print it wouldn't be all white would it? Kinda already heavily implied in the first reply
>>
>>9279586
It could be a white-on-white print, although to be honest I think they still qualify as shiro.
>>
>>9279574
They've just lowered it to 500, I got an email about it. Japonica are okay.
>>
>>9279574
Zenmarket is great for yahoo auctions, but I'm not sure if they buy from mercari.
>>
Not too stupid of a question, I just don't have a better place to ask. I'm moving from lolita to more otome styles but I don't know where to by a lighter less-poofy petti, is there a place that a lot of gulls buy theirs?
>>
>>9279784
You could try Closet Child or Wunderwelt's. To be honest, I've tried a few brands and, poof aside, I find MeLikesTea's waistbands to be the comfiest to wear because they're nice and wide and don't dig into you like Classical Puppets and a lot of offbrand pettis narrow waistbands do. People seem to forget that she makes petticoats at a variety of poof levels and lengths. You could always ask her for one longer low-poof chiffon petti and one shorter one (or get the shorter one offbrand), and it wouldn't cost too much.
>>
If anyone remembers the lolita911 tumblr from ages ago, I still have it up if anyone wants to try to make that a thing again.
>>
>>9279784
Vintage may be a good option too, I got a light vintage one off ebay for like 8 bucks.
>>
>>9279433
>>9279201
Oh thank you both! I think I'll try purchasing one of their lots when my next paycheck comes in.
>>
>>9279210>>9279211
THIS CHANGED ME
>>
Any recommendations for good LED lighting for outfit shots and other fashion photography? (E.g flat coords, makeup packaging, shopping hauls) I have a niceish camera but the lighting in my apartment is shit, even during the day. Im considering both cheaper and expensive options, depending on the pros and cons of each.
>>
Is there anyone out there who has ever compared a large selection of blouses from a variety of brands? I'm slowly building my wardrobe and need to get some nicer blouses, but I don't know what to invest in. Started with two white Taobao blouses (Yolanda, Surface Spell), and they're decent but my two Innocent World blouses I got on clearance are so amazingly above in quality that I almost want soley IW ones. Meanwhile however a secondhand Meta blouse is pretty terrible (it's in good condition, but the fabric and fit are just wonky) and I regret buying it. So brand isn't everything clearly. I don't even know if this one Meta blouse is an outlier and they're normally nicer, and so on.
>>
>>9279960
Vanilla Bear did a video comparing blouses: youtube.com/watch?v=yjDS4mb7hI4

IW's blouses are really nice. I have the same experience as you with Meta blouses, but they have a couple chiffon ones that aren't bad. Baby is also popular for their chiffon blouses, but be careful about the lace. They sometimes still use this cotton lace that bunches up after washes and may only be dry-cleaned. I am not a big fan of AP blouses because they are a little too sweet, but they have a wider selection of cutsews.

I would say go with IW and get cheaper Taobao or secondhand brand blouses for filler/variety.
>>
>>9280005
Oh my gosh, thanks so much, that video and your reply were insanely helpful! Exactly what I was needing! I'm glad I won't be missing out by sticking with IW, their blouses look to be completely solid across the board. Really turning out to be my favorite brand with their consistent high quality.
>>
>>9279960
With a secondhand blouse, there is no way to know how many owners it had and how it was treated, perhaps you don't know how old it is either, so you don't know if it's a quality issue or not.
I've had blouses (new) from Jane Marple, AP, Moitie, Victorian Maiden and Innocent World. The best are from Moitie, VM and after that IW. My two blouses from JM are also good but not worth the higher price. I have 2 AP blouses and a cutsew and they are not bad, just not as nice as my VM and Moitie blouses.
>>
Help! How do you remove mystery stains from dresses?

I noticed a very faint, light beige mark on one of my AP jsks.

I never spilled anything on it to my knowledge, it could be likely the seller never saw it either.

I don't know how long it's been there or anything, but how do I get it out, if possible?
>>
Gulls, how do I sew a petticoat(from organza)? I mean, I have seen many tutos of it, but can't figure out the layering. Looking to sew A-line one, but I guess bell is alright too.
>>
Is wearing MMM absolutely halal to vegan?
>inb4 fuck off moralfag ita
>>
>>9280653
What exactly is confusing you?
>>
>>9279960
To be honest, I don't think the quality difference between brand and good Taobao matters that much, since it's more to do with how long they'll last (not that relevant when you'll probably only wear each blouse a few times unless you're a lifestyler) than anything else. Every brand's blouses has totally different aesthetics and you should be thinking about what will best match your coords first and foremost.
>>
>>9277063
Check out WigginOutBZ on youtube.
>>
>>9280835
Woops, meant that as a reply for >>9277060
>>
How do people here judge if lace is good or not just from seeing a photo?
>>
How do people go about finding their dream dress? Do you check everyday? Every week?
What websites and tags do you check? Do you search the name of the jsk or just the brand?

Usually I search my desired brand on yAuctions, mercari and fril once a day or two although I go throw periods where I'm to busy to check. My ultimate dream never seems to appear when I'm checking often and pops up when I'm too busy to check often. I'm wondering if there is an more efficient method.
>>
What's the best way to go about moving far distances with your wardrobe?
We have the option of putting items into the large shipping container, but I'm scared for everything. I'm already planning on vacuum sealing my clothing. But should I try to bring that as a check in or is it safer with my furniture and everything else? What about head dresses and other delicate things? With me or in the container?
>>
>>9280861
http://fyeahlolita.blogspot.ca/2010/04/how-to-tell-bad-lace-from-good-lace.html?m=1
>>
>>9280875
I do the same as you and check everywhere a couple times a day. It's helpful to let people know what your DDs are so they can link you to them if they see em. I tend to miss mine being sold when they go up in like, the middle of the night for my timezone.
>>
>>9280930
I moved across continents and had my stuff shipped in a shipping container. It took about 2 and a half months for my things to arrive but everything was as good as I left them.

As long as as your stuff is vacuum sealed, you shouldn't have to worry. I packed my accessories (including bonnets) into airtight boxes which then went into the moving boxes. Just make sure your stuff is free of moisture. Throwing in some of those silica gel packets is a good idea.
>>
>>9280812
Well, not sure how to describe it, but: do I sew the same amount of organza strips per layer, or do I need to increase or decrease their amount as I go?
>>
>>9280647
Can anyone help me?
>>
I'm feeling really out of the loop, but why does everyone hate peachie?
>>
>>9278322
Ap chiffon dresses wash up really nicely, also don't stain or wrinkle easily
>>
>>9280647
Could be a makeup stain. If it is, just gently dab at it with water, it should come off. If it isn't I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe try a Tide to Go stick?
>>
>>9280933
All I can gather from their picture example is that thicker is better. I guess that makes sense but otherwise that reads like something out of a fucking magazine and is wildly subjective.
>>
>>9281091
Okay, let's say you were going to make a 4 tier petticoat. Each tier is double the previous one, so, for example, Tier 1 would be 25", tier 2 would be 50", tier 3 would be 100" and tier 4 would be 200". To sew tier 4 to tier 3, you need to gather the top from 200" to 100", to make it the length of tier 3, then sew it to the bottom of tier 3. Then you'd need to gather the top of tier 3 from 100" to 50" to make it the length of tier 2 sew it to the bottom to tier 2, and so on and so forth.

This will give you an A-line petticoat. I'd draw you a diagram, but I'm on a laptop without a mouse.
>>
>>9281539
>http://macaron.mintroses.com/find-lace/

This was much better btw. And more objective.
>>
>>9281539
>wildly subjective
There's nothing subjective about quality. Either something looks good or not, either something feels like sandpaper against your skin or not. Even raschel lace (which may have an iffy reputation in lolita) can be great quality. You may not get it now but you will eventually.
>>
>>9280875
Depends how rare and how much they actually want it. I have dream dresses I can't afford right now, so I don't put any real effort into searching. When I get money, I check Lacemarket, yahoo! Japan auctions, mbok, Wunderwelt, Mercari and Fril. I try to check Closet Child (although I don't prioritise it because they post a lot of the same stuff on auction sites, and I check Maiden Clothing, Usagiyouhinten and Tokyo Alice if I have the time, although their websites are arse and they're much more of a pain to search through. Same with Facebook sales groups - harder to search through and usually shittier sellers than Lacemarket, but I'll try if I'm being exhaustive, maybe post a WTB if it's not something that rare.

A lot of people use the term "dream dress" as a synonym for "wishlist piece", so they're not actually that bothered about finding it. Other people use it to mean "I would sacrifice my firstborn to Satan for this dress."
>>
>>9281558
>There's nothing subjective about quality
No, there definitely is.

>either something feels like sandpaper against your skin or not
you can't tell that from just seeing a photo

>You may not get it now but you will eventually.
>>9281549
I posted the link in that comment because I found it to be more helpful.
>>
>>9281317
Replicas, wears a style of sweet that's now less popular, makes toy videos and gets accused of being an ageplayer. Like Lor, most lolitas don't hate her, just a few vocal seagulls.
>>
>>9281567
Forgot Alice Furururun.
>>
>>9281539
It's not our fault you're stupid.
>>
What are some decent taobao resellers? The only one I currently know of is MLD, which is often overpriced and a bit shady.
>>
Could someone give me a quick rundown of the difference between the three main lolita styles when it comes to blouses? I've seen a lot of criticisms of "that blouse is too sweet/classic/gothic for that dress" but I'm not too clear on where exactly the line is drawn when it comes to blouses. I felt like sweet would be the easiest to distinguish but sometimes a blouse I read as more classic gets called out for being too sweet for a coord.
>>
>>9281680
(big) round neck collars are usally sweet. Can be used in oldschool gothic (imo, if theres enough 'gothy' elements in the coord already). Smaller round collars are used in classic a lot. Square necks are usally gothic, mainly used by moitie for their one peices. High necks can be for all styles but used most often in classic. Ive also seen sweetheart necklines in all styles, but mainly classic and sweet. Also sometimes i think that lace can change a blouses style, a round neck blouse may be used for a classic coord, but will look out place if covered in cutesy donut patterned lace
>>
>>9281680
>>9281682
Also you rarely see a sweet style blouse with jacquard-type fabric, only really in gothic and classic.
>>
>>9281539
>>9281549
That second article is nice, but it only shows good examples of each type without much direction on bad, and missed what I think is the most obvious thing about lace in photos rather than IRL: shine.

AP tulle lace is often shiny and it fits their aesthetic, but ignore that because fucking no indie brand or offbrand makes custom coloured lace and if you were buying AP you wouldn't need to second-guess lace quality anyway. Honestly, unless you're looking at non-recent Meta or a handful of tacky pieces, you will never have to worry about brand lace quality, so as long as you're not hand-making or commissioning stuff it doesn't matter whether you can tell the difference as long as you buy reputable brands until you get your eye in.

Take pic related. I have items from multiple brands that use this type of rose-patterned chemical lace as decoration. I have multiple Baby pieces with rose lace, Taobao blouses with rose chemical lace, and Bodyline dresses with rose chemical lace. The big difference between them is shininess. BtSSB rose lace is not shiny at all, while cheaper ones, especially Bodyline, are made of synthetic fibres and have a lot more shine to them. This type of lace isn't necessarily bad lace even if it has shine, but shine is a key indicator of quality.
>>
>>9281686
Eyelet lace isn't seen that often outside of country lolita and oldschool sweet (pic related is the only recent piece I could think of with non-custom eyelet lace), but it's something where you definitely need to watch out for shine. It is the number one thing that makes this kind of lace looks cheap, and is seen on a lot of indie brand items and etsy accessories. If you're making anything for yourself it's really worth watching out for two as shiny = synthetic, which means the embroidery won't take dye well, if at all (one of the advantages of cotton eyelet lace is that it's easy to dye).

Good eyelet lace where the whitework is done in cotton so it has no shine, and is evenly sewn:
https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5332506/il_570xN.282759644.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/VnwAAOxyhs5SNNJ9/s-l500.jpg

Mediocre eyelet lace - doesn't look shiny but you can see some loose threads:
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1MoaxKFXXXXXHaXXXq6xXFXXXr/cotton-fabric-cut-out-embroidery-font-b-eyelet-b-font-edge-font-b-lace-b-font.jpg

Pushing the boundaries of bad eyelet lace - the pattern is typical of that used for ribbon lacing on lolita dresses, but the embroidery is done in shiny thread, and there are some short loose threads:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/OhMAAOSwal5YJJAs/s-l1600.jpg

Bad eyelet lace - very shiny, stitching is uneven and hem looks rough:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PJIAAMXQMmJRM5JP/s-l1600.jpg

Another example of bad eyelet lace - fabric weave is uneven, thin (without being sheer) and shiny, and the embroidery of the pattern is poor:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/NxMAAOSwxvxW7FWi/s-l1600.jpg
>>
>>9281680
>>9281682
Usually but not always the higher, rounder collars will be sweet and lower, wider peter pan collars will be more classic, but not always. Look at other details like whether the blouse has ruffles instead of lace or has a more simple cut too.

Sweet AP blouse with high peter pan collar:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=19622826

Classic MM blouse with high peter pan collar:
https://d1uz4ur67pgj68.cloudfront.net/products/69588/large/20160930%E9%80%95%EF%BD%BB%E8%9C%92%E5%8D%81w-16889-00.jpg?1475957367

Classic IW blouse with more subdued collar, ruffles instead of lace:
http://d2a2wjuuf1c30f.cloudfront.net/product_photos/24518685/DSC_0645_original.JPG

Oldschool BtSSB blouse with smallish but round peter pan collar that is most sweet but could work for oldschool gothic or classic:
https://d1uz4ur67pgj68.cloudfront.net/products/62348/large/20160829%E9%80%95%EF%BD%BB%E8%9C%92%E3%83%BBw-15965-00.jpg?1472486740

Taobao blouse with a wider, smaller peter pan collar that's more classic but would work well in a sweet-classic coord:
http://www.my-lolita-dress.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/363x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/m/a/magic-tea-party-cotton-lace-lolita-blouse-1-ma-08_1.jpg

MILK blouse that's got a subdued peter pan collar but still comes off as very sweet (wouldn't work with 90% of lolita dresses but here as an example):
https://d1uz4ur67pgj68.cloudfront.net/products/75282/large/20161107%E9%80%95%EF%BD%BB%E8%9C%92%E3%83%BBw-18026-00.jpg?1478509572

Overall though, just be aware that the arguments over whether such and such an all-black coord is gothic or if it's actually dark classic or kuro sweet, are perennial in lolita and got banned in gothic inspo threads because so many were devolving into arguing and shitposting. There are cases where the stylistic difference will be really obvious and stuff looks mismatched, but a lot of the time it's just anons arguing over style-ambiguous items.
>>
>>9281675
Qutieland and ClobbaOnline are both well-known and have been going years, but both have had issues in the past too. None of the major resellers are 100% reliable and I wouldn't trust any more minor resellers, but those two are 98%.
>>
>>9281728
Is Qutieland still in business? I've heard they haven't responded to messages or fulfilled orders in ages now.
>>
>>9281743
Really? I haven't ordered from them in about three years so I have no idea about stuff like that, sorry.

Clobba are definitely still in business though.
>>
>>9272896
I'm going to my first meet Sunday and the coat I ordered isn't going to be here in time. Are normie coats acceptable if they match color wise?
>>
>>9281770
I doubt anyone is going to give you shit because of a coat. It'll look better if your coat can fit a petticoat (and some normie coats do) but either way, if you can remove it at the event you should be just fine.
>>
>>9281770
Nobody will give a shit, just take it off for photos. If you're choosing between a short coat and a long coat, pick a short coat since squishing pettis under long normal coats looks weird.
>>
>>9281726
Cool, the images helped clarify things a lot! Thanks, I think I have a better grasp on it now.
>>
>>9281630
And yet that's the only good comeback you've got.
>>
When you reserve a product with Innocent World do they make you pay up front, part up front like Taobao reservations, or all of it when the item is ready to ship? Tried to look it up on their site but they don't really mention it and when I buy regular items it's whenever they gathered everything to ship.
>>
>>9280976
Thank you for the tip! I'll be sure to put some silica packets in. Did you put any bubble wrap or anything to protect your accessories from getting shaken around?
>>
>>9282081
Tbh I had so much crap to Tetris around that I didn't have to worry about my things moving around too much inside the boxes. Definitely pad them of you think they're going to move around a lot. Better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>9281992
Pretty sure you have to pay it all upfront.
>>
>>9281541
Thanks anon! I'd hope for a diagram tho, to make sure I got it right.
>>
Should I wear bloomers if I'm wearing thick opaque tights?
>>
>>9282937
I do, personally, especially since it gets really cold here during winter, plus it makes me less paranoid about someone seeing up my skirt if I'm going up stairs, etc.
>>
File: tumblr_n9de98cuKN1t1ye6to1_500.png (262KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9de98cuKN1t1ye6to1_500.png
262KB, 500x690px
>>9282937
if the tights are your skin color, probably.
if not, up to you. i do because it's just a habit developed from being tall
>>
I don't like any of the lucky packs coming out this year. Do any brands/sites offer Christmas sales for alternative good deals?
Or how worthwhile are the IW happy bags?
>>
>>9282937
They can help to hold the tights up, but it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>9282967
Meta have a sale up already.
>>
File: 523676-01.jpg (65KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
523676-01.jpg
65KB, 600x800px
Stupid question: Would these shoes be alright for lolita?
>>
>>9283008
Yes
>>
>>9283008
Yes! link to where you found them, please?
>>
>>9283008
I don't really like that style of bow but they'd work pretty well.

>>9283033
You can see the brand name on the stock photo, Mon Lily are a larme brand.
>>
Where do gulls buy their bloomers? Is it worth buying them brand, or are there better alternatives?
>>
>>9283115
>Is it worth buying them brand?
Definitely not, unless you want some that will show, like longer ones with lace at the bottom for oldschool. The elastic waistbands of bloomers can get really uncomfortable, so unless you exactly fit brand bloomer measurements and have money to burn, you should get some custom-sized or in options with sizing so you don't feel uncomfortable.

There are some good options on Taobao. Bodyline do decent bloomers, and so do a bunch of indie sellers like MeLikesTea. You can also handmake them or use silky pyjama shorts or some other alternative.
>>
Also feel super dumb asking this, but I would like to buy some detachable / attachable bows. Where can I do that? Without buying a full dress/blouse/skirt I mean of course.
>>
>>9283115
Not unless you want long bloomers that show like the other anon said. I have some old Anna House bloomers and a newer/warmer pair of Infanta (taobao brand) bloomers and that's all I need. They hold up well in the wash. The Anna House ones I've had for years and they've been washed, well, hundreds of times.
>>
>>9283115
Also, consider getting pairs in a couple of different colours. While you might be technically fine with just one, it usually looks better if someone does end up getting flashed them if they're a similar colour to your coord. In particular, white short bloomers over opaque black tights could end up looking like you're wearing a nappy or something.
>>
What are some good brands that sell pastel goth clothing?
>>
>>9283195
You can't usually buy them separately. You could post a WTB in some sales group asking if people have any spare (I personally have quite a lot of detachable bows that I don't use with the dresses they came with, but I wouldn't sell a brand detachable bow because it'd lower the value of the dress), or you could buy from somewhere that sells hairclip bows and add safety-pin backing yourself. "Two-way clips" are clips which have a hairclip and a safety pin on the back so they can be used as an accessory all over your coord.
>>
I remembering seeing a fashion brought up that was based around a sleepy look, but I can't remember what it was called and need help remembering
>>
>>9283115
Brand bloomers can get really affordable especially japanese indie brands during a sale and usually they're really pretty so I think it's worth it
>>
File: main.jpg (70KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
70KB, 600x800px
What style is this?
>>
File: sub_07.jpg (30KB, 369x474px) Image search: [Google]
sub_07.jpg
30KB, 369x474px
And what substyle of lolita is this?
>>
>>9284085
I don't know what you're talking about, but that sounds adorable and I would like to know too.
>>
>>9284085
>>9284169
Are you talking about the one cgl made up? I don't remember what it was called, but they made it up as a joke and it got a bit of traction on tumblr for a bit.
>>
>>9284088
Which indie brands are you talking about, anon?
>>
>>9284174
didn't we name it like hikki-kei or something?
>>
Am I being overly ambitious if I make my first lolita purchase a JSK directly from brand? Normally I'd have to save a while for it, but my father-in-law gave me a gift of cash for my birthday to let me start on my wardrobe.
>>
>>9284201
Not at all, it's way easier to start with brand than anything else
>>
>>9284199
Makes sense, it seemed like wasn't a big thing.
Man, a dead dream then. I was excited
>>
>>9284119
ita
>>9284123
sweet
>>
>>9284228
>a dead dream then
It may not be a legit Jfash style but no one is stopping you from wearing it if you really want to. Alt fashion is meant as self expression, isn't it? And if this is something you like then you should go for it. You don't have to slap a specific label on it to wear it.
>>
>>9284230
dig yourself a hole

>>9284119
Arisocrat
>>9284123
sweet-gothic, actually it's a perfect example that styles are no absolutes but mix with each other
>>
>>9284232
That's a good point, thanks anon. I really like pajamas and sleepy clothes (and sleepy characters in general) so it is a style I really enjoy
>>
Is this dress in stock in (the darker) blue? I can add it to the shopping cart but the fact that the button is gray instead of pink worries me. Tried Google Translate, but it's still unclear.
>>
>>9284259
er, forgot the link. http://angelicpretty-onlineshop.com/products/detail.php?product_id=2835
>>
I ordered a made-to-order dress from JetJ. Apparently it should be sent out around December. Is JetJ normally on time when it comes to sending out dresses?
>>
>>9284259
afaik grey means it's in stock instore and can be ordered but has restrictons on payment
>>
>>9284309
Yes but the post is not on time in december and january
>>
Should I use tenso when buying from closetchild? I purchased without them before. Is it cheaper?
>>
>>9284359
It's cheaper if you live in the UK and Europe or somewhere else with high customs fees, since you can get Tenso to mark down the package for you but Closet Child won't. It can also be cheaper if you want to consolidate a Closet Child order with an order from another company to save on shipping. If you're from the US and you're just ordering from Closet Child, it won't be cheaper.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (41KB, 272x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
41KB, 272x200px
>>9284367
Thank you for spelling it out for me, anon! I googled and searched the archive and was still confused. Thanks so much!
>>
Where is a good place to buy wigs for lolita?
>>
Is 150€ overpriced for a plain, worn btssb chiffon blouse? I'm fairly new to the fashion but I feel like I've only seen blouses that expensive when they have super fancy details and are NWT.
>>
>>9284391
Almost certainly.
>>
>>9284391
I'd say it's overpriced, yes, that's about the price of a brand new blouse.
>>
>>9284383
Dreamholic isn't bad

>>9284201
No, but if that's all you can afford then that won't make a lolita outfit - you might be better to buy second hand so that you can get a petticoat, blouse, hair accessories, appropriate shoes, and legwear as well to complete the outfit. A dress alone does not an outfit make.

>>9282787
This will give you an A-line shape
http://thisblogisnotforyou.com/petticoat_tutorial/
The double layer is probably the one that would work best for lolita.
>>
I made a post in the feels thread about this but figured I should try to fix it besides just complaining.

Do you know if Zenmarket purchases items on Sundays? They confirmed my item so I assumed there was someone at their office working but it's been over 2 hours now and the status is still "awaiting buying". Ive tried Google and no one has mentioned this.
If they don't buy on Sunday I want to cancel and order with another SS that does because I'm trying to get a lucky pack that has only a few items left in stock and im afraid that it will be sold out but the time ZM goes to buy it. But I cannot find an option to cancel on the site, although in their FAQ they say it's possible.
>>
File: me irl.jpg (103KB, 567x626px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.jpg
103KB, 567x626px
>>>/r9k/33302071
How do I get a lolita gf?
>>
>>9281575
Scratchy raschel lace will never be high quality. It's not subjective at all.
>>
File: tumblr_lz8szxQd9K1qbglmqo1_500.jpg (103KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lz8szxQd9K1qbglmqo1_500.jpg
103KB, 500x671px
>>9284554
love yourself, be respectful to others, and have a clear path toward personal success that you have already completed some goals for. ideally, you should have your own place or be saving up for one to move into ASAP.

you do not need to be super fit but you need to be well-groomed. to a seagull, not looking your best is a sign of deeper issues.

if you honestly believe women are inferior to men or it is impossible for a woman to be lonely, don't bother trying. you might get an ita gf who looks and acts like the shit she feels like. most seagull lolitas would rather be single than put up with that bullshit.
>>
File: 1476981294754.gif (463KB, 260x208px) Image search: [Google]
1476981294754.gif
463KB, 260x208px
>>9284575
Tfw i have two on topic questions in this thread that have been ignored for days and this fucker gets a long drawn out (semi?) serious response.
>>
Probably the noobiest/dumbest question here, but do all SS give you whatever is left of your deposit back? I'm reading the FAQ for ZenMarket and it's saying some questionable stuff like "the withdrawal amount should not exceed the total amount of your payments made through the payment system during the last 180 days".

I'm more than likely interpreting it wrong, but it sounds like it's saying that if I deposit 10,000 yen and spend 4,000 yen, I can't withdraw the rest of my 6,000 yen.
>>
>>9284584
It just means your question is shit.
t. chad
>>
>>9284584
i help who i can famalam

it's ok to reply to your own posts to remind people you haven't been helped yet
>>
>>9284584
It means either your question has a very obvious answer, or nobody is sure of the answer. Bump them if you want.
>>
>>9284554
Well, one, stop using /r9k/. Also no redpilling. As a STEM major, the absolute pseudoscience that goes in those guys' heads is honestly stupid, so pick up a copy of something by, I don't know, Carl Sagan, Maya Angelou--just be well read and well-rounded a. Study late night talk show hosts for charisma. Don't get pissy when someone has a different opinion. Make sure you're well-groomed and healthy. Get an education. I know you guys think that women are sooooo complicated, and all y'all started all that PUA bullshit that doesn't work. Just follow what I said above and you should be fine.
>>
>>9284673
>normie
>>
Am I going crazy, or is DreamHolic's Etsy store down? If so, is there any place other than Taobao where I can buy their stuff?
>>
Where do people tend to buy rings, and what size are brand rings normally? I've really needed to start buying some to diversify my accessories. I never had any as I have child hands and am ring size 4-5 last I checked - any rings I ever find that would work when I'm casually shopping are always too big. I don't want to buy fine jewelry that costs as much as a dress though.
>>
>>9284800
For reference, my wedding band is a size 4, so I also have small fingers.
I have several rings from AP - if the band is metal, they're adjustable. I have one that's plastic and I can only wear it on my middle finger (loosely) or thumb. Same goes for all my Chocomint rings - the metal bands are adjustable and I can wear them easily enough, but the plastic ones are pretty big.
>>
>>9284795
i think they are on Storenvy now
>>
>>9284344
Awesome. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>9284452
The JSK will wipe out most of the birthday money, but I think I've got enough of my own spending money left to complete the outfit with off brand and second-hand pieces (besides the petti, I'll buy that new). The blouse is tricky, but I think I found a cropped cardigan that will work for the outfit.
>>
>>9284906
It's very easy to spot bad quality accessories and jewellery in real life, so be careful when you buy offbrand, because It's harder to spot bad materials and flimsy construction on photos in accessories than it is for clothes. Brand blouses are also totally worth it since you can feel their material directly on your skin. I'd recommend getting a second hand main piece so you have more money left to spend on other high quality pieces.
I get that the main piece is very important, but you're not doing it justice if you pair it with jewellery that has parts falling off, a headpiece with bad lace and an itchy blouse/cardi and legwear. (I'm exaggerating but you get the idea)
>>
>>9284575
This a million times. Any woman with self respect can smell a man who harbours a grudge toward their entire gender from miles away. A lot of "nice guys" who wonder why we don't trip over ourselves to be with them have this exact problem.

Anon makes some good points. I would also add that having hobbies and general interests about which you are passionate and willing to share is a big plus.

If you approach a lolita in public, give her space and respect her. She may not tell you directly to leave her alone if she is uncomfortable, but note body language. If you ask her on a date and she says no, thank her for her time and wish her a good day. Had a man do this at a train station recently and almost regret turning him down, if only because he was so polite. But I am a basket and a half of crazy rn, so I helped him dodge a bullet.
>>
Would iw boleros fit someone with a 13 in arm width?
>>
>>9279784
I got an ETC petti for cheap on jahoo, wait til after their lucky packs go out as they sometimes include them in those and people end up selling theirs.
>>
I want to take a casual photoshoot with me and my friend in lolita, but I'm not sure where a good place would be. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9284834
Thanks!
>>
>>9284945
no
>>
>>9284800
AP's big plastic rings are about a 6, maybe 7
>>
>>9284123
Punk
>>
>>9285115
wat
>>
Which SS is best to use for taobao if you live in the EU?
>>
>>9284927
Hmm, ok, I'll try to take that into account. Part of my rush is it's taken me a while to find something that would fit me nicely and fits my style. I've looked for the JSK used but it seems like it's unpopular, not many people selling it or posting coords with it.
>>
>>9285139
Taobao Ring does marks down like the most SS, but still no guarantee to avoid customs. It's luck whatever service you use.
>>
>>9285192
Thanks. In my country there is a guarantee to avoid customs if you mark it down to the right price so I'm looking for any SS that will mark it down to the price that I told them, not just some random number
>>
>>9284452
>petticoat tuto
Thanks again, anon! I'll look into it.
>>
>>9284383
Cyperous
>>
File: IMG_2193.jpg (73KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2193.jpg
73KB, 570x760px
Is it possible to make a navy and black coord that looks good?
>>
>>9286293
If the navy looks obviously blue and you can clearly tell the two colors apart then yes, otherwise you'll look like your blacks don't match and it's not flattering on anyone.
>>
>>9286293
Yes. Only on cgl people care if your blacks don't match anyway. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing different shades of the same colour and navy and black don't have to clash.
>>
Could ivory/black, or ivory/brown color combination ever work with aristo? Without coming off as steampunk-y etc
>>
>>9286893
It can be done. I think it would depend on how you accessorize it. I'd stay away from bustiers and any leather or bronze/copper jewelry/accessory. Also those fucking top hats they all seem to wear.
>>
What dreamholic wig colours are the least shiniest? Or does colour not matter?
>>
>>9287063
Ty! *lifts parasol*
>>
I'm a sweet lolita wanting to order my first wig- is it a bad idea to order from eBay? Or should I go for lock shop/GLW
>>
File: IMG_3841.jpg (165KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3841.jpg
165KB, 640x855px
Are styles similar to this considered classic or gothic?
>>
>>9288458
Lockshop is a bad idea. Their customer service is shitty.
If you have no wig experience ebay is probably not a good idea either.
Dreamholic and Cyperous have already been mentioned as decent quality wigs.
>>
>>9288469
Classic.
>>
>>9286293
Have you never seen a Moitie coord?
>>
>>9288774
To be fair, Moitie uses blue rather than navy.
>>
Trying to figure out what to get my boyfriend for Christmas, I thought a kigu would be funny/cute and he like cute things.

My concern is that he's 6'4 body builder. Would the SAZAC XL will fit him? It says it will fit those over 6'2, but I'm more worried about is arms/shoulder span.
>>
Question more about the culture of the fashion rather than the fashion itself. What are some blogs/sites that talk about the lifestyle of being lolita? There used to be a princess blog years ago that would talk about tables manners, fan flirtering, ways to sit, hobbies to pick up like sewing and what books to read etc. I used to see this a lot years ago tied in with lolita fashion but can't find much anymore.
>>
>>9288786
"Moitie blue" ranges all over the place from electric blue to navy, they're shit at keeping the shade consistent.
>>
why does nobody on tumblr use lolita as a tag?
>>
>>9288929
This. When I search for "lolita" I get nothing. Is the tag banned? What gives? I have to go through "kawaii" "jfashion" and dig through to get results.
>>
>>9288929
>>9288933
Try #lolitafashion or #lolita fashion. The #lolita tag is often used by ageplayers or nymphettes. Also you can search by style/other qualities, e.g. #sweet lolita #oldschool lolita #diy lolita
>>
>>9288933
Use "lolita fashion" and make sure adult content block is turned off.
>>
>>9286893
would work better with ouji since classic aristo is hard to pull off without just looking like an average neo-vic

avoid brassy accessories and have luxurious hair and you may survive
>>
File: hakter.jpg (97KB, 439x588px) Image search: [Google]
hakter.jpg
97KB, 439x588px
what is the general consensus on wearing halterneck jsks? Is a blouse a necessity or would it be acceptable to momoko it?
(pic related is the dress I'm reffering to)
>>
>>9288458
eBay can be hit or miss. Maybe go for a taobao order from a trusted shop. I personally like purple plum/animestuffstore.
>>
>>9289121
Honestly depends who you ask and how hot it is where you are. Some people will say it's fine, some say it's acceptable but not-quite-lolita so don't post it to CoF, and some will say it's a mortal sin.

I also think halternecks often look cuter with blouses if you cross the ties in front instead, if they're of the right dimensions to do that.
>>
>>9288924
the lifestyle side of lolita is pretty much dead, there most likely isn't an active blog on that matter. Maybe some tumblr snowflakes that try to tell that lolitas should be lovely at all times.
>>
Where is the best place to get RHS these days?
>>
>>9289178
Bodyline, lolita lola and Vivienne Westwood IMHO. Baby's are okay. I don't like any other Taobao RHS (like An*Tai*Na because I hate the black piping around the edge of the sole and I'm anal about having the proper cut-out in the heel, but if you're not bothered you could try Taobao).
>>
>>9289181
Thanks! Is clobba the only place that sells lolita lola? Bodyline's offering is a bit subpar right now, and VW is a bit out of my budget rn
>>
>>9289191
They have their own Taobao shop, but I'm not sure if they have stock left. I heard someone say on here that the girl wasn't going to make them any more. I've had both lolas and Bodyline ones, and although the padded insole of the lolas is nice and the solid wood feels nice and authentic, the Bodyline ones are lighter and comfier to walk in for everyday.

If you want them for lolita in general, not authentic oldschool, you could try the VW Melissa RHS. I think you can get them from the Brazil store for cheap, and I have a few friends that like them.
>>
>>9289204
Thanks! How are the straps on the bodyline ones? Do they stay up?
>>
>>9289226
I tie them around my ankles.
>>
>>9289226
Also, if you can, get their older style of RHS with the roses and thin cross straps in the front, I think they look better.
>>
Why is old school an established style but other trends gone by like pink twin tailed wigs considered ita?
>>
>>9289470
Same reason the 90s are in in mainstream fashion now but nobody wants to do their hair and make-up like they came straight from 2006. A longer time apart makes the differences between then and now clearer and increases the nostalgia factor.

Plus, there are things from oldschool still widely hated (e.g. mini top hat) and people are increasingly nostalgic for midschool lolita and OTT sweet and wanting to bring trends from then back.
>>
>>9284945
Jumping on this question here to also ask, what are good brands for larger arm widths? I'm relatively flat, but still plus size and my arms are like the second hardest thing to fit when I find something that fits my chest.
>>
>>9289470

I wouldn't say pink twin tailed wigs are automatically ita, just that most people completely fail so hard at it where it gets to point where someone says "pastel twin tail..." and you automatically flash back to fatties wearing cheap shiny plastic wigs with the bangs swept to the side or covering their eyes because they haven't a clue how to trim their bangs, and somehow not wearing petticoats at the same time while thinking this is totally okay and totes kawaii. Bonus points if they're also wearing cat ears/tail and typing in broken weeabanese.

If you look up brand shoots from 2006, there's a fair amount of pastel wigs being worn that look good. Just... don't attempt it as your first outfit, and for god's sakes prioritise the petti before a wig. And get a good quality wig, learn to style it, and make sure your coord itself looks good, and please don't be a weeb.
>>
>>9289470
It's selected elements from old school. No-one has their hair and makeup quite as frumpy as many of the old school outfits, and stuff like mini top hats, mini crowns, and the more experimental or goth-leaning outfits are completely ignored.
It's kind of like many vintage styles in which the most remembered and iconic things from that era are worn rather than everything.

Pastel twin tail wigs aren't automatically ita but there were so many people who wore them badly as described by >>9289744
There are quite a few people around who are nostalgic for 2008-2012 era sweet and like old school, those dresses can now be picked up for significantly cheaper amounts. But we probably need to wait 3-4 years before it sees a proper resurgence.
>>
>>9289572
I think most Taobao and stuff without a gathered or puff sleeve is okay. Definitely avoid older brand blouses. I wear oldschool and I've ended up with one or two that were some are downright painful on my arms, even though I'm skinny and not flat and the bodice on those blouses was really loose. You can always ask sellers about it if you're buying from the western second-hand market, or go to places that do custom.
>>
>>9289226
>>9289231
I agree with this anon. I have them in ivory, and the roses are detachable. They're very comfortable and not too heavy!
>>
What sort of jfash are Coquettish Tiara? Are they larme, gyaru or just non-specified slutty stuff?
>>
>>9281728
Do you need an SS to use ClobbaOnline?
>>
>>9290587
No, Clobba is a reseller.
>>
What would you call this style? Where it's mostly monochromatic, really toned down with t shirts, big hoodies, simple skirts, baggy pants, featuring Japanese text, grids, B&W graphics, etc. I guess it's really casual Jfash but I wanna know if there's a certain name or keyword for it. I wanna get a few pieces but I'm not sure which keywords to use besides "Black clothing Japanese text".
If anyone has any shops they can link me, that would be greatly appreciated as well.
(I know Happy Monday has some pieces but I'm sure there are better sites)
>>
>>9292347
I don't think it really has a specific name but I've seen it referred to a few times as tumblr aesthetic fashion (i could be wrong so don't quote me on that). Anyways here's a few stores that I think match your description:
www.distalphalanx.com
http://www.maryjanenite.co/
http://www.13month.com/
http://www.apparelk.com/
http://angstchild.co/
This store doesn't necessarily fit what you're looking for but I think they have a few good solid color pieces that you can work with:
http://mixxmix.com/
>>
We one uses Buyee with Tenso, do you use your home address or your Tenso address?
>>
>>9292716
....what?
>>
Where's the best place to find appropriately priced old school pieces?
>>
>>9292347
Health goth.
>>
>>9292806
I prefer Mbok but Yahoo auctions might have wider selection. Mbok is slower though. Also, check Lacemarket and Facebook sales, even when the shipping cost is added you can find good deals. Keeping an eye on things your comm members are putting away is a good way to snag some easy and cheap things.
>>
>>9292800
Ugh.

When one uses Buyee with Tenso, do you use your home address or your Tenso address?
>>
>>9292698
Bless you for the links, anon!

>>9292808
I always thought that was more of a joke and not an actual style anyone went for, and yet...you're right.
>>
>>9292806
Check mercari.jp
>>
>>9292849
How would I go about purchasing from there? It seems like a japanese depop. If you know of a shopping service that would assist, please let me know!
>>
Is there any type of shopping service I can use for Japanese websites that is easy to use like Spreenow for Taobao? I have a Tenso address, but it's confusing as shit for me. I'm wanting to order from the La Pafait website.
>>
>>9292819
Can you explain the situation a little better? Why are you using buyee AND Tenso? Buyee functions as a shopping service independently of Tenso and has their own warehouse where they will store your purchases until you pay for international shipping after purchasing. If you incur buyee's SS fees, you shouldn't also want to incur tenso's forwarding service fees as well.
>>
>>9292899
It's not that confusing desu...just enter your Tenso address when you're purchasing and that's it. There's lots of tutorials about how to do that online if you don't know how. There are shopping services but they tend to be more expensive than forwarding services for something you can easily do yourself.
>>
>>9292862
Japaonica accepts orders for mercari and fril
>>
Can anyone direct me to a site that carries winter boots for sweet lolita that aren't too high? I can't wear gigantic heels because of a leg injury I had a few years ago.
>>
Probably a really dumb question. What's the consensus on wearing homemade items like accessories with Lolita?

I make resin jewelry and I assumed it would be okay to wear in a coord, didn't even think about it really. But then a friend wore some of her own stuff to a meet and said she'd gotten crap for it.

She's been known to make up stuff like that but I've had second thoughts about it ever since. I make some pretty decent things I think, but I don't want to look remotely ita to my first meet.
>>
>>9293787
That's really odd she would a reaction like that for wearing homemade accessories unless they were really really shit. If she lies about stuff like that then honestly it smells like bullshit to me. Generally, I don't think anyone cares about where you get accessories from, in fact personally I'm always impressed by people who make their own stuff.
>>
I made a thread for this but I get the impression that it's a stupid question:

Is taking photoshoots of lolita in graveyard extremely distasteful or okay if it's done respectfully?
>>
File: IMG_20161219_215559.jpg (810KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161219_215559.jpg
810KB, 2560x1920px
How do I fasten these shoes?
https://m.imgur.com/a/9ynpZ
>>
>>9293966
The strap gets "hooked". So slide the strap in from the top in then the buckle keeps the strap from moving.
>>
>>9293787
Personally I'm always impressed when people have made their own accessories and jewelry. As long as it's well made and fits the coord, I wouldn't worry about it, most people probably won't even notice, and if anyone asks if your accessories are handmade it's probably because they're impressed like >>9293792 and I would be.
>>
>>9293968
Thank you so, so much.
>>
>>9293787

Post a decent, clear photo of your stuff to the resin thread and ask for feedback (clear photos only, blurry photos will skew the answers, obvi)

- If you get responses asking if you have a shop, anons want to buy them, you're golden

- if you get 100% haters, even the nice comments are trying to list what's wrong with your piece or tell you to keep trying, ditch it, it's crap.

- People nitpicking your neatness (air bubbles or resin overflow), the colours aren't perfect, small tiny little flaws that show up on macro mode but aren't quite as obvious in real life, you're still good to go, mix it up with bought stuff if you still feel insecure. A fair amount of these girls are looking at these things from a buyer's perspective, but if you show up with slightly imperfect but still good-looking handmade it's usually forgiven.
>>
I have a couple of newfag questions here
1. How much warmth do capelets actually offer? Are they more fashion than function?

2. How often to Bodyline and Wunderwelt have sales, and when are they?
>>
>>9294479
Wunderwelt have sales every now and then, I don't think there are specific occasions for them (not that I've noticed, anyway), you just have to check their website and see if there's a sale going on. They have a 20% off coats and jackets sale at the moment.
>>
>>9288906
Nothing on this? I just need to know the shoulder span.
>>
how can I tell if a black dress is sweet or not?
>>
What's a good place to buy parasols? preferably on the cheaper end but I'll take anything
>>
>>9294647
look at the cut and the details
>>
>>9294647
What dress?
>>
>>9276867
What is the name of this purse? I know it is obviously Meta but I have a need for this.
>>
Is it possible for me to lose 10-20 cm off of my bust? I'm disgustingly fat, 140 lbs and 5'1", and my bust is somewhere around 105 cm.
>>
>>9294680
It depends on the composition of your breasts. If you lose weight your entire body will get smaller but it is difficult to say the proportions.
For example I am 5"2 and 148 pounds. My bust is 100 cm but breasts are mainly not composed of fat, mainly tissue, so losing weight does not affect them.
>>
File: IMG_20161221_141500.jpg (929KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161221_141500.jpg
929KB, 1920x1440px
Idk if this is the right place to ask but I bought this JSK and I'm too fat to fit into it and I don't see myself losing weight fast enough to fit into it so do you think I could get someone to tailor it/ turn it into a skirt?
I think it's super cute and I didn't pay a lot for it but I feel attached to it
Or should I cut my loses and just sell/trade it to someone else?
>>
Where can I buy larger blouses?
>>
I'm selling a bunch of items on Facebook and I've encountered a frustrating buyer situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

>buyer is interested in small item
>ask for zip code so i can calculate shipping
>give three different shipping options
>buyer picks cheapest one
>buyer sends payment but only for shipping and not shipping + item
>tell buyer that prices quoted were just for shipping and that they still owe me another $5
>no response from buyer since sunday when they sent shipping payment

Today I refunded the payment she sent me already. I'm not really sure what I should do now. I'm worried that the buyer will get angry at me, even though she's been very rude by disappearing in the middle of our transaction. If somebody else asks about buying the item, should I wait and see if the original buyer turns up, or should I sell it?
>>
>>9295778
If it were me, I'd just notify her that the payment she sent was deficient and therefore refunded, and that I'll be relisting the item for sale. She can always try again with FULL payment. You're not obligated to hold an item for someone who is non responsive, esp if you already refunded the full amt.
>>
>>9295696
Anna House makes large and custom blouses, also check out indie brands like Dear Celine
>>
>>9295622
How much too small is it? The skirt doesn't look especially full so if you have to let it out to much you'll lose the shape
>>
>>9293779
Antaina, you can specify custom heel heights too
>>
>>9294648
Victorian maiden
>>
>>9294479
They are a whole extra layer you wear so they're pretty warm.
>>
>>9294677
I couldn't find an entry on lolibrary, but the print is Old Emblem.
>>
Why don't Japanese/non-Western girls use the otome tag? How do they tag that style?
>>
>>9296600
I don't know why but they use girly fashion, girly style, lolita, lolita fashion, casual lolita, lolita style, but mostly just the brand names. I follow this one Japanese girl who seems to think otome kei and lolita fashion are the same thing and tags all of her coords with both but other than her I've never seen them use otome kei.
>>
>>9292347
This is a normie/high fashion style not exclusively jfash, go to H&M and you'll see plenty of stuff like this.

Maybe ask /fa/ as well.
>>
>>9293968
I've been doing this wrong for two years and hooking the hook into the buckle itself because I've had shoes arrive that way, whoops.

>>9294479
Wunderwelt don't tend to have sales on everything on the site. Sometimes they select a lot of stuff that's not sold, but more usually they do sales of stuff in certain categories every couple of weeks (ex. "20% off MILK", "20% off blouses", "20% off skirts") that new arrivals and particularly rare items are excluded from.

>>9294648
You can pick up second-hand BtSSB/AP/etc parasols on auctions/Mercari/Fril pretty often, and if you get the folding ones they're not expensive to ship. Direct from brand parasols from BtSSB aren't that expensive desu, but the shape can make them a pain to post.
>>
Lost a bunch of weight recently yay! Wondering if should I take dresses to a seamstress or try to alter smaller for myself? Or sell them? its only taobao things... would price of alterations be worth it?
>>
>>9298162
Wrong thread.

New thread >>9297988
>>
>>9272896
How idiotic would it be to order something I could get off taobao off aliexpress instead?
It's a reputable seller and idk
>>
>>9303064
It wouldn't be idiotic because taobao can be more expensive for small orders
>>
>>9279594
zenmarket used to buy from mercari, but they don't anymore. Not sure why, they just told me they couldn't one day.
>>
>>9303093
Thank you!
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.