[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the nicest compliment you've ever received for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_lu0md31JmT1qlkglt.png (28KB, 500x223px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu0md31JmT1qlkglt.png
28KB, 500x223px
What's the nicest compliment you've ever received for your cosplay work?
>>
File: IMG_1760.png (143KB, 490x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1760.png
143KB, 490x241px
"What the fuck is that? Are you a school shooter or something? Should I be hiding?"
>>
"I guess its ok"
>>
>Are you supposed to be Germany?
>>
>Wow, you're like the actual real life [character name]!
Still makes me really happy, and it was the first cosplay I had made entirely myself so it felt like my reward for working so hard on it.
>>
>you are the best and most accurate [[insert character here]] i have ever seen in person
that made me really happy and but more than that, there was this other person that called my character's name and then came running to me.
they asked me if i had made my props myself and when i answered 'yes' they proceeded to ask me for advice on how they could make theirs.
that also made me really happy
>>
>You're my favorite version of the character.
>>
>>9272887
>nice cameltoe
The guy was cute and tall so I took it as a compliment
>>
>you are the best jotaro of this con !

I thanks him but at the same time I couldn't accept this compliment in front of all the other jojo cosplayers
>>
>>9272887
>"Wow! that's the first time I've seen someone do this character! Thank you so much!"
>>
>>9273251
>not shoving his face in it so he can get a better look

???
>>
>I've been waiting so long for someone to cosplay this! Can we do a mini photo shoot right now??

He was super sweet and loved my cosplay even though it definitely wasn't perfect. It was the first photo shoot I'd ever done though so that was cool.
>>
When I was cosplaying Quicksilver from Xmen DoFP, one of the people from 20th Century Fox couldn't stop looking at my cosplay and telling how impressed she was by the details I had made. Then she started telling me details of the set and Evan Peters costume.
>>
>Wow, your helmet is really well constructed!
It was my first time making any kind of armor and the thing was half cardboard, so that was really nice to hear.
>>
>>9273370
That would have been rude
>>
>>9273251
>liking tall guys
>>
>>9273791
Well short guys have no value so
>>
>crush calls me waifu anytime they see me
>(i want to be their only cos waifu)

>strangers compliment friend's cosplay I made for them
Just general dress construction, but it was the first cosplay I made.

>>9273374
That's adorable! It's such a nice feeling when you cosplay from an unpopular series and have someone recognize you.
>>
>>9272887

"You have such good posture"
More than one person said that. Must be something about wearing heels. Don't wear heels outside costume.
>>
I was buying a cosplay off someone, and she randomly complimented that my recent cosplay picture looks good

It was just really unexpected and nice!
>>
File: amygun.jpg (17KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
amygun.jpg
17KB, 316x239px
She messaged me after the con to tell me I was super cute.

I thought she was cute too.

Would date if she didn't live so far away.
>>
File: sanon.jpg (275KB, 607x1389px) Image search: [Google]
sanon.jpg
275KB, 607x1389px
>You look like you walked right out of a comic book!
>>
>WHAT THE FUCK A MALE CIRNO?!

What a cunt.
>>
>>9274706
>>>/mlp/
>>
A little kid asked me to hugh him when cosplaying as Batman. There were like 5 other Batmen at the con but he told me that he wanted to hugh only me because "You're the real Batman because you look like the one from the TV".
>>
I only had people call me gay :(
>>
>>9274775
Yeah but we're sharing what people call us while cosplaying.
>>
>>9274795
I know you're trying to be funny/witty but you need to work on your phrasing.
>>
I was cosplaying from what I thought was a pretty popular series but I guess it's older so not many remember it; I went to a photoshoot for another series I like to take photos and while I'm taking pictures a really good cosplayer runs up to me and my bf and asks for our pic and explains that their group also does that series, and they were super excited to see us.
I ended up following them on insta and it turns out their group is amazing. They do a bunch of awesome, well-crafted cosplays, and are all super nice, so I can't believe how happy they were to see my cosplay since it was basically bbs first cosplay.
If we run into them at a con, they always take time to make conversation and are super sweet, so that's honestly the best compliment I've ever received desu.
>>
>>9272887

Years ago I had lost a small chunk of weight, maybe 15 lbs or so. That year a lady I did not know walked up to me late one night at DragonCon and told me she had the biggest girl crush on me and proceeded to gush about getting this and that right on my costume.

It meant a lot to me as brown people don't get as many things they can look like and brown people features aren't generally seen as desirable. So I felt really amazed to have caught this lady's attention.
>>
File: IMG_8967.jpg (30KB, 471x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8967.jpg
30KB, 471x343px
"Where can I get a (insert prop or garment) like that?!"

>implying you want one too
>implying you think I paid for it or comissioned it
>implying you aren't entirely certain I made it myself from craft scraps and tears
>>
>>9272887
"Dressing as Adachi isn't recognizable without a look of disdain and you nailed it."

Thanks, kind man. I was however just bored.
>>
>>9273794
>buying into /fit/'s propaganda
>>
>not bad for a black girl
t-thanks
y-you too
>>
Official production Twitter for the live action Japanese tokusatsu drama I was cosplaying from (GARO) retweeted a shitty selfie I happened to tag with #Garo instead of an actual full-body shot... But some of the actors for the show liked it so idegaf
>>
>>9276557
Gotta love that subtle racism
>>
>>9275380

>womenlet detected

it's okay if you're short, the manlets can have you lmao
>>
"only if you weren't chubby it would be a really good cosplay" that was from a photographer in a fandom meetup

least he said it was made well afterwards?
>>
>"Please come to [abroad con], anon!"
>>
>>9272982
>>9272970
Same here. Though I see people posting this on garbage tier cosplay too so while it is super flattering I always wonder how many people they say it to. Feelsbadman. I only post that on the absolute best X version of Y I've seen.
>>
>I just bust a nut to your pic
>>
>Someone calls me by my character's name
squeeeeee.........
>>
At the last con on of my favouritw cosplayers told me that my armor looked great and he seemed very excited. Gave me a great confidence boost since it was my first completely selfmade cosplay.

Another one that was v nice was when some girl ran up to my gf and me and told us that she loves our cosplays and thinks we are so cute.
>>
"You just made this entire con worth it."
>>
"How much can I buy that for?"
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.