[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Obnoxious Druglords on Roller Blades" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 25

File: flowercrown.jpg (1MB, 1000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
flowercrown.jpg
1MB, 1000x1416px
Previous thread >>9264740

Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>WIP shots
>The usual CosplayNL talk
>Dutch artist alley's and if they are worth renting a stand at?
>Minque is overpriced AF, all glory to Poly-Props and Proptimum!
>Some more crafting tips from Propanon
>Drug usage at cons
>Team MDMA is a thing, and more talk about cosplay teams
>Terracon happpened and managed to get maybe 15 visitors
>Retrocon happened but none of us cared
>Anon: "How to talk to strangers at cons?"
>Dutch Joker and Harley Cosplay Calendar for Clini Clowns and the Make-A-Wish Foundation
>Anon: "If you donate directly more money will actually go to the cause"
>Anons: "Harley and Joker cosplayers are annoying AF!"
>"Obnoxious posting by obnoxious people obnoxiously sharing the obnoxious folk in the obnoxious cosplay community"

Next five major events:
>Midwinter Fantasy Fair (December 10th & 11th, Alphen aan den Rijn ZH), the only place where you can roam Middle Earth during the winter.
>Dutch Comic Con Xmas Edition (December 17th & 18th, Utrecht UT), the Christmas themed edition of DCC.
>TomoFair Amsterdam (January 7th, Amsterdam NH), will it be their first edition without a bouncy castle?
>Dynamic Con (January 29th, Eindhoven NB), another newcomer on the scene targetted at everything cosplay.
>Yaycon (February 19th, Amersfoort UT), yaranaika...
The full /cgl/ con calendar by OP can be found at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=17gim9nkndjpvpnhp1pr64l410%40group.calendar.google.com

Friendly reminders
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. Best is to not take things posted here seriously and just move on just like we do after a day.
>Posts made in Dutch are against the global rules and will be removed.
>Nagging is okay, but if you want change you might want to contact the party involved and offer them some feedback.
>Posting pictures of (WIP) /cgl/ items is encouraged
>>
Friendly wager on how many posts it takes to start shitposting drama again?

I'd give it 5 posts.

My bet? My virginity.
>>
>>9272325
last time we started talking about cosplay progress , let's not fuck this thread up right away.

that being said, It's almost december and I can't decide to wear my only christmas cosplay or something else
>>
By the way, I'll be out of the country from Thursday night until Monday night. If this thread manages to reach the post limit before then (or flat out dies) I would really appreciate it if someone else started a new thread. Just copypase the con agenda and use any image you like although you'll receive mad kudos for using one with Tully.

I also did a minor overhaul of the con agenda. Each event now includes a short summary, address and a link to its website and/or Facebook event. If I'm missing any events you can always post it here so I can add it.
>>
>>9271325
There is someone I know who did a very well done Harley Quinn cosplay which she shared in CosplayNL, and for sure isn't obnoxious. Then again, the type that doesn't really promote or has an cosplay page, so stays under the radar.
>>
File: IMG_8416-11small.jpg (678KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8416-11small.jpg
678KB, 1200x800px
Let's keep it with cosplay progress then.
>Pic related

It's from last weekend, but hey, it's something.
>>
>>9272341
How did you do that? Grinding bit on a rotary tool followed by (over)heating the foam or careful cuts and fire?
>>
How does any dutch cosplayer get labeled as popular?
>>
>>9272133
True, however...there is a clear difference between having autistic tendencies, and actually having autism on the level that one can classify it as a disorder. A disorder is when it's prominent enough when it gets in the way of living a normal life. So it is problematic to have it on this level. Not just for others, but especially for the person itself. Therefore you can't really make it seem like something that is just non deal issue to have. And when someone says "I have autism" I want to assume that this person means the disorder type that needs to be taken seriously, rather than a tumblrina who has some autistic tendencies and therefore thinks they have autism.

>>9272355
When plenty of people talk about someone? lol
>>
File: IMG_8377-1small.jpg (782KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8377-1small.jpg
782KB, 1200x800px
>>9272351
Nope, I heated the foam with a heatgun, formed the 'bubbles' and then used a woodburner to get the details. My original idea was rotary tool, but this was a lot easier and gave me more control.
>>
>>9272325
So...can I sacrifice you?
>>
>>9272360
Hence me saying 'below the threshold for it to be diagnosed' although I should've phrased that better probably.
>>
>>9272355
I don't know but sometimes I wish I was a bit more on the cosplay radar. The popular cosplayers always get to do the cool things. I've been cosplaying longer than most. It's been 6 years and I'm still not getting any recognition. I don't think it's fair.
>>
>>9272411
I've started cosplaying in 2005, had a bit of a break around 2010-2012. I'm not 'unknown' but I'm not popular either. It's not always to do with fairness or who cosplayed the longest. I guess it's a combination of skill, networking and 'being obnoxious' by putting yourself out there and promote yourself a lot.

Although skill seems something that seems to come last in the more recent years. The more 'established' cosplayers are known for quality, like Paraluna, Lisu-Chan, Iloon, MMMC and Clueless Vision.

The thing that I have a bit of a problem with, although it is understandable, is sponsorships. Because it creates a circle of 'elite' people who have to work less in order to afford their materials, because they get it for free or a heavily discounted price. So they have more time on their hands to practice and create. Whereas those who aren't sponsored, have to work more in order to afford materials, and have less time to learn, test and practice, and so the gap between 'professionals' (although I dislike the term when people aren't paid for it) and the 'amateurs' grows. Not to mention contests which are sponsored by the same companies that sponsor cosplayers. In case they win they get a box of materials as well as already getting a lot of materials for free or less than most people. I think that's more of a problematic situation than 'who-cosplays-the-longest'.
>>
>>9272411
Luck, marketing and networking is the key to get anywhere Anon. Odds are you just aren't doing your best at the last two or didn't had the luck needed to get your major "break through".
At least you're having fun cosplaying, right?
>>
>>9272411
Maybe you suck or you're ugly. Or both.
>>
>>9272433
Are any of the cosplayers we hate sponsored?
>>
>>9272444
I honestly don't know. I never kept track of who was sponsored, and who wasn't. But it might be.
>>
>>9272444
Depends on who you hate. I know of two sponsored cosplayers/groups: Pretzl and Team Chaos

>>9272433
Also I do think to get a sponsor you do need to have a certain level or set of skills to be able to promote for that sponsor. I know for a fact that those two being sponsored came from working hard and working with different materials. But you're very right again about the promoting. You can be super talented but if you don't reach anyone no sponsor will even consider you I think.
>>
>>9272302
Wow man you got some issues...

The only reason I think badly about people is always based on issues I have with myself. Or a I envy them or they make me insecure. And you have this whole list at the ready....
>>
>>9272411

Dude, what do you consider 'cool' things?

Cause you know, I guess you can always reach out to others and see if they are open to working together. Things like workshops f.e. or for skits, if that is what you mean. If they say no, then at least you tried and can ask someone else. But you get to places by networking and such.

I've been cosplaying for 11 years now. Never won anything or whatever. But that is because I am lazy as fuck and while I would love to do the stuff 'popular' cosplayers do, I know that I am not willing to put the kind of effort and dedication into it as they do.
>>
>>9272466
I think MMMC is also sponsored by Minwue? cause they always do workshops together
>>
>>9272478
Oh you're right. They do some prettt cool workshops with them.
>>
>>9272411
Don't you have any other talents besides making cosplays then? Because to me it seems most of the 'popular' and 'elite' cosplayers are just people who do all kinds of different stuff. Or maybe you indeed suck at what you do. One would think that after six years you've learned at least one new trick.
>>
>>9272466
You're right about needing a certain level or skill to get sponsored. Not sure if there's also an x-amount of wins necessary.
>>
>>9272494
>Not sure if there's also an x-amount of wins necessary.
Probably not if you know how to play your cards right. A sponsor won't just hand you goods for free, they want to see something in exchange. They need you to lure in new customers so they can make a bigger profit and as long as you proof to them you can do this in an effective way they might consider sponsoring you. You need to be good at crafting, advertise their shop, allow the shop to use your costumes and photos to show what can be done with their materials, give workshops using their materials while pointing everyone to their store and so on. If you can proof to them you can do this and more and approach them in an active way, you might just be able to land yourself a sponsorship.
>>
>>9272508
This is exactly the reason why I wouldn't want to be sponsored. It puts quite the pressure on me for creating more and more and also promoting them. Some people can do it, and they will have a certain advantage. It doesn't make stuff 'fair' but it's business. That's just what it is, hence it being 'understandable'. Cosplay is booming business right now and if you can promote your products by sponsoring a prominent cosplayer, then you're in. Look at what happened with 'Worbla' after Kamui broke through.

My advantage is a certain freedom and relaxation when I make stuff.
>>
>>9272508

And with that all is explained. Thanks anon
>>
So what do you think of business cards?

I'm not really sold on them as a cosplayer. As a photographer, I can understand it. As a cosplayer? Not so much. It makes me feel a little weird when you give businesscards to photographers and expect them to e-mail you, or message you, rather than you getting the photographer's business card and look on his/her website yourself.
>>
>>9272528
I think it's good for both. I bet photographers also like to know who they made photos of and it's an easy way to network.
>>
>>9272528
I'm actually super in favour of having cards as a cosplayer. Whenever I do a small shoot with a photographer I can simply exchange cards instead of depending on them uploading everything. It's not uncommon for a photographer to not upload every shot but ever since I started exchanging cards I've gotten at least double the amount of pictures back over email.
>>
>>9272528
Business cards are useful as long as you have your picture(s) on it and a place to write down what costume you were wearing. It makes it easier for anyone who took your picture or wants to get in touch to find you. Wether they are random con goers, photographers or other cosplayers really doesn't matter, in the end you are spreading your name around in a convenient way.
Also (at least in IT) business cards are often held onto and passed down to other people who are looking for the service you offer. In cosplay this could be someone looking to do a group shoot or perhaps a photographer looking for some new (nearby) model. Plus considering how cheap they are (like €10 for 500 full colour cards) I'd say it's almost foolish not to get them if you're serious about what you do.
>>
>>9272321
I just realized how un-Dutch it is to have a picture with mountains in the background.
>>
>>9272576
Mountains that high, yeah, but there are some higher landscapes in the Netherlands though.
>>
File: destination_huis_top.jpg (123KB, 708x388px) Image search: [Google]
destination_huis_top.jpg
123KB, 708x388px
>>9272576
Look mountains.
>>
I'm so awkward, I don't even fit it during conventions and I'm not the weirdest out there
>>
>>9272474
I mean 'cool things' like interviews photo and video shoots and getting invited to cons. I never even got those. And I have been networking but I always get rejected.
>>
How do I get a qt /cgl/ girlfriend?
>>
File: IMAG0068-01.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0068-01.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>9272586
The Mookerheide near Nijmegen has (for Dutch standards) some mad elevation to it. Such a shame 4chan doesn't support 360° pictures, this potato pic really doesn't do it justice.
>>
>>9272586
>>9272644
Interesting. I wouldn't call them the same as mountains, but it's nice to see the landscape isn't entirely flat at some places.
>>9272600
Japanese mountains in the background of Huis Ten Bosch don't count, obviously.
>>9272624
Go to the meetings? We had some before.. (I didn't go though)
>>
>>9272650
But I'm not handsome and have no interest in /cgl/. I just want a qt girlfriend with thick legs and a huge ass. Is that so much to ask for ;_;
>>
>>9272657
you should go to the gym
>>
>>9272657
yes
>>
File: hoogtekaart.png (258KB, 691x824px) Image search: [Google]
hoogtekaart.png
258KB, 691x824px
>>9272650
>Interesting. I wouldn't call them the same as mountains, but it's nice to see the landscape isn't entirely flat at some places.
Don't get your hopes up, as you can see on the left the majority is still boring flat land. Not all that surprisingly really once you realise a large portion of the Netherlands used to be water.
>>
>>9272624
This meme gets old.
>>
File: seagulls.jpg (703KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
seagulls.jpg
703KB, 900x1200px
Oh I found this yesterday on a small hike. Thought it was funny.
>>
>>9272657
>not handsome
If I had any interest at all, I would have lost it after reading that.
>>
>>9272698
Yeah I know. I live in a polder area myself too. I guess if the dykes break, I should run for my life to the red zones lol.
>>
>>9272760
That's a nice find!
>>
>>9272773
lol
dykes
>>
Oh no... Chaos cosplays comes with Christmas cards.

Salt in 3...2...1...

I personally think it's a fun idea actually. Sending Christmas cards and spreading the spirit is a great idea to fight the negativity around them.
>>
>>9273169
I honestly think its just another way of them trying to stay relevant.
Look at us, look at us. That is all
>>
>>9273169
Are they just their regular cosplays with a santa hat? But I can't complain about it, I think it's quite fun.

I'm too lazy to anything about Christmas, other than just work.
>>
>>9273171
I can't agree there I mean they didn't even make it into a promotional stunt just kept it really low key. No share like repost before you get a card just simply of grid send them a PM.

That's a shit ton of dedication right there lol
>>
Anyone else here pulling all-nighters on Animecon? I only noticed sleeping people and very sleepy gophers last time. ;_;

The perfect way to not need a hotel room.
>>
>>9273199
mostly on saturday, however last year I really had to go sleep at 5 am, it was taking a toll on my body
>>
>TomoFair Amsterdam (January 7th, Amsterdam NH), will it be their first edition without a bouncy castle?

Well... yes :( the bouncy castle is quite hard to set up in something like the world fashion centre since we have a 2M height limit (the ceiling is higher though)...

i'm sad because I liked the bouncy castle....
>>
>>9273199
I'm too old to pull all nighters. On Friday I'm already tired from work, Saturday is for drinking, Sunday for recovering from said drinking and on Monday it's back to work.
>>
>>9273208
Same, I once pulled an all nighter and slept on the pavenment in front of animecon (almelo) and even if I have a few hours of sleep it's a problem, I started hallucinating after abunai. I do take mondays off.
>>
>>9273199
Nope. I like my sleep, and walking in costume around all day can make your body cry out a bit. So I tend to take a shower, have a late snack and go to sleep. And if I compete, I don't do Deshima long either, as I'll need to be backstage on time for rehearsals etc.

I actually really limit my alcohol intake, drink loads of water, eat food and all that. Yeah. I'm one of those boring ones that prefers staying healthy with barely any alcohol, loads of water and sleep. Haha.
>>
>>9272472
I have a problem with so many cosplayers. Don't get me started. For example all those arrogant lesbians dressing like men and boys wearing way too much make up. Great example of this is Lhinnor Cosplay.
>>
I don't have a gaydar so I don't know which crossplayers are gay and which aren't.
>>
>>9273237
Are you implying all women crossplaying as men are lesbian or are they specific lesbian couples you're referring to?
>>
>>9273291
Yes
>>
>>9273291
Most of the time they are.

>>9273276
Just look for the crossplayers who feel the need to make everything look like yaoi couples.
>>
>>9273210
>I started hallucinating after abunai

You sure those weren't the famous abunai-shrooms?
>>
>>9273169
Putting Christmas on the map
>>
File: huehue.gif (2MB, 400x201px) Image search: [Google]
huehue.gif
2MB, 400x201px
>>9273323
>>
>>9273300
>>9273237
I have to agree with you. They are so damn obnoxious.
>>
>>9273300
I crossplayed as a male character once, but that doesn't make me a lesbian. But I think I know what you mean.
>>
>>9273356

Obnoxious perhaps.. But the crossplaying-yaoi-girls calling themselves 'demiboys' are cancerous.
>>
>>9272355
Why don't the popular cosplayers ever post in cosplaynl? I see all these names that i don't know coming by, but can't find a single post of them in any facebookgroup.
>>
>>9273237
How? I don't know Lhinnor Cosplay or anyone like that in particular, so I'm curious if you have actual examples of why the are obnoxious.
>>
>>9273412
but why would they?
>>
>>9273237
Dutch crossplayers are just poison.
>>
>>9273436
Let's be fair the Dutch are just poison. This is such a small country, why do you care, why does anyone care about anything. You can't even dress in Lolita without someone that makes a big deal about it. Grow up Dutch people.
>>
>>9273438
Yah. I'll be honest; I have absolutely zero cosplayers I dislike or have problems with. I see a lot of it on here and while it's like a guilty pleasure, I don't have anyone I dislike myself. No specific people at least. Just a general dislike for exaggerated weeb behaviour.
>>
>>9273438
I've lived in several different countries and honestly it's the same everywhere. There's more variety within a country (rural vs. city, educated vs. uneducated) than between countries.
Personally I've never had bad experiences wearing lolita in the Netherlands. Stares, sure, but those are to be expected.
>>
>>9273438
>Dress out of the ordinary
>Complain about people making a deal about it
Not sure if bait or retarted...
>>
>>9273434
Then why are they hated so much if they don't harm anyone and don't do anything?
>>
>>9273607
don't ask me, I don't get it either. I really dislike the shittalking on here, especially when lies are spread and people actually believe everything. But defending even just 1 person makes you that particular person or a real close friend, so discussing is pointless...
>>
>>9273609
Same. I prefer actual cosplay talk.
>>
>>9273609
This is so accurate!
>>
so which cosplayers have thick legs and huge asses?
>>
>>9273617
Enji Night has amazing hips and legs! Not Dutch though
>>
>>9273617
I feel like I fit that description, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I'm not too keen on my lower body.
>>
>>9273607
Because there are people who need to bring others down to feel good about themselfs.
>>
>>9273609
I've been cosplaying for 5 years now, but I never even heard of any of the popular cosplayers before they got named here. I'm just trying to figure out what it is what makes these people such keyfigures for hatred if they never even do anything wrong. It just seems kind of pointless to me to hate on people who don't mean shit to the dutch cosplay community. On top of that don't even seem to care or know to be hated.

>>9273647
Who of the hated cosplayers are actually bringing others down and in what way?
>>
>>9273659
I think >>9273647 meant the people on here.
>>
>>9273659
No its an answer to the question why they are hated. Other who want things they have (invites, sponsors, freestuff) have to bring them down here so they feel better about themselfs.

Because if everyone hates them that is a plus in their eyes.
Even if they have not done anything wrong. Their succes is wrong in the eyes of the jealous.
>>
>>9273665
Doesn't that mean that if they are not doing anything wrong and don't bring others down at all, the success of the popular hated cosplayers is just jealousy coming from us then? Feels kind of wrong. Even as if we are the actual badguys here instead of them.
>>
>>9273686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU
>>
I've done crossplays but I have no idea what my sexuality is so I can't judge on that.
>>
So who DO we think are popular Dutch cosplayers?
>>
>>9274082
Well. According to the people here you're lesbian/gay then. Have fun with your newfound sexual orientation.
>>
>>9274090
That's the funny thing. All hated cosplayers are popular cosplayers. Once you become popular you're automatically hated by everyone.
>>
>>9274110
That's not true. People talk an awful lot about Siasity who isn't exactly popular.
>>
>>9274110
Same goes for ximena
>>
>>9274090
Did you mean 'known & liked' cosplayers?
>>
>>9274113
Stop trying Shannon
>>
>>9274113
Siasity is certainly popular, with a certain thirsty male demographic.
>>
>>9274144
Only the thirsty ugly guys lol
>>
>>9274131
Who the fuck is ximena?
>>
>>9274150
You had to ask...
>>
>>9274110
>>9274131
>>9274144
>>9274150

It's always the same people who get named..
Either someone here has issues, or they desperately want to namedrop people and spin it in a negative way, even when we ask for people we like.
>>
>>9274090
The ones I do like that are somewhat/quite known in our community are Team Paraluna, MMMC, Syrupcookie and Clueless Vision. They make some awesome stuff and are nice people as well.
>>
>>9274166
I have to agree with this. Except for Syrupcookie but simply because I have never spoken with her yet, I do like her work
>>
>>9274166
these names all compete
a lot in competitions. what about the cosplayers who don't compete as much?
>>
>>9274175
I like Esmee in cosplay actually?
>>
>>9274175
I think competing does get your name out there, i can't really name any populair cosplayers that don't compete, do you have any names yourself?
>>
>>9274180
don't compete that often*
>>
>>9274180
Then name some cosplayers in general. They don't have to be popular. Let's hear some new names.
>>
>>9273618
Hips are not the same as ass.
>>
>>9274110
What is it then that makes us hate them? And what is accourding to people here a proven fact that they do to bring others down?
>>
>>9274188
Most of the things that are so called "proven" are just rumors. Most of them aren't true. What makes us hate them? I don't know. Probably the fact that they get attention and sometimes make nice cosplay, something we don't get or can do. We're jealous I suppose? We just want to rant because it makes us feel better.
>>
Deja vu, didn't we had the same discussion here last thread? And the thread before that... And the thread before that...
>>
>>9272618
You can also ask certain 'media' if they want to interview you.
>>
>>9274198
>>9272618
Same for shoots... you can ask photographers to shoot with you. Don't wait for photographers to ask you, they're usually waiting for people to ask them.
>>
I'm suprised to find out that the most popular cosplayer in nl is some asian girl with 5k likes.
>>
>>9274215
what nl do you live in?
>>
>>9274217
Kimu cosplayer is her page
>>
>>9274210
Sounds pretty legit what you say anon. I think it also has to do with certain people skills and charisma. Something that unfortunatly most cosplayers seem to lack.
>>
>>9274144
How do you get popular with a female demographic without crossplaying, though? I'm not a popular/active cosplayer, but it would be a nice demographic to focus on if possible, now that I think about it.
>>
>>9274215
>>9274219
She's 100% White as far as I know. It's just her make-up and shoop that makes her look asianish in some pictures. Also, there is another Dutch girl who is actually Asian with over 10k likes on her page.
>>
>>9274223
i think being extremely cute and cosplaying shojo characters might help a bit... Also like focus on makeup and kawaii clothing in between your cosplay posts. I'm not an expert but i think this is what appeals to girls more. If you are sexy/curvacious you will attract more men and women tend to call you a slut or attentionwhore a lot faster...Even with the same clothes/poses as a skinnier/more petite woman. But thats just my observation...
>>
>>9274219
>>9274225
She's clearly white as fuck.
>>
>>9274223
Depends if you are a male or female and how you would want people to percieve you. But i gues just being nice to people is a start.
>>
>>9274219
Her make up is fucking weird.
>>
>>9274219
No she is white. She just likes photoshop a bit too much
>>
>>9274242
I heard she also bought her likes. There is no way she got so many likes with just constantly posting selfies with all the same expression
>>
>>9272618
you should really try to approach photographers yourself, instead of waiting for them.
I know that (almost) all of Velvet art's photoshoots are of cosplayers who asked her to photograph them.

If you find it awkward to ask someone. try talking to a photographer on a convention first. So he isn't a total stranger.
>>
>>9274219
Wasn't she cosplaying D.va this year at Animecon?
I think I saw her in a cmv or something.
>>
>>9274179
who?
>>
>>9274219
Anon are you blind? She is white as fuck and the only reason she has 5k is because of her self promoting on shit tons of pages.
>>
>>9274175
Check their friends lists? A bit stalkerish maybe, but most cosplayers who compete also still cosplay with friends who they don't compete with, so that way you can find 'lesser known' cosplayers
>>
>>9274247
Never heard about that, but it's possible since Team Chaos put buying likes on the map.
>>
>>9274274
LOL at least this team chaos bullshit got us a nice meme to use every time they're mentioned, which I'm afraid will be a lot to come still
>>
>>9274276
Team Chaos is not important. They just act important. And the more we talk about them the more important we make them look to others.
Some people love them. Some hate them. But they don't seem to know or care and will probobly continiue cosplaying anyway. So either way we lose.
They do nothing that impacts the dutch cosplay world in any way. They like to think that they do but they don't. Just another group that rides along on hypes. They are not special in any way.
>>
>>9274274
Ok if we're talking about likes and all that... which cosplayers do people think deserve more likes? Which cosplayers do you guys think are worthy of more likes, but are below 500?
>>
dying fabrics is always one big guess, always nervous how it will turn out. Anyone else that knows the feeling of "pleaaaaaase work" while working on cosplays?
>>
>>9274215
she's not asian.
just another white girl who looks like a anime character.
>>
>>9274287
The only cosplayer under 500 likes that I follow is Strixxi Cosplay. She definitely deserves more likes.
Also I think dutch cosplay photographers should deserve some more recognition. A lot of them seem to be stuck at 400/500 likes.
>>
>>9274296
Yes xD When I am too stubborn to follow the instructions
>>
>>9274303
Oh I saw her at abunai, looks pretty cool
>>
>>9274305
hahahah, most of the time I already think I know what to do, but later realise i forgot some steps
>>
>>9274303
>Strixxi Cosplay
Checked her out and liked her page. Looks good!
>>
>>9274305
>xD
>>
>>9274303
hmm not that much on her page though, but I saw her during Abunai. Might follow her when she puts up some more impressive work
>>
>>9274312
same :>
Look forward to her future works
>>
>>9274303
took a look at her page.
she might get more likes if she makes more impressive stuff.
still all looks kind of plain to me.
though not bad as a cosplayer.
>>
>>9274329
define impressive?
>>
>>9274287
If only this wasn't a place where it's suicide to even concider self or friend posting if you're not safe away in England.
I'd love to share progress or feat. some people I know but I also know I'll get major flame for even being on this website, even if i never post rude stuff people in the dutch community just assume 4chan=evil backstabber.
>>
Does anybody here btw got a clue how to make a costume look weathered but still be able to put the cosplay in the washing machine?
>>
>>9274345
People know I'm on here, and I've yet to hear people be angry with me for being here. This place has quite the bad reputation. I wonder why....(not really)

We only make it as bad as we let it be. If we make this board more /cgl/ related and encourage more WIP and progress posting, the reputation can eventually get a little better. But people like dragging others on here because it's truly anonymous. It's up to you.

Talk shit, get hit. Defend people on here; chances are you'll be accused of someone you're not. Who cares, it's not like you know who is 'hating' on you anyway. Anyone who has a problem with me, can definitely come straight up to my face and tell me what they dislike about me.

A while back someone said that my craftsmanship was average at best. I didn't defend myself, but agreed, for I know that my craftsmanship isn't good enough at some points. I know I'm not perfect, and I can roll with the punches. If you can't, it's probably best if you're not on here at all.
>>
>>9274334
she's good cosplayer from what i'm seeing.
but i can imagine people not being 'wowed' by her work because of the characters she chooses.
but who am i to talk.
just my subjective opinion.
>>
>>9274352
Makes me wonder: Anyone in here ever got caught up in a physical fight with another cosplayer at a con?
>>
>>9274385
Luckily I have some self control...
>>
>>9274296
Someone on my feed does, I don't suppose you used purple-ish dye?
>>
>>9274385
Nope, also never was part of any kind of verbal conflict
>>
>>9274352
I see what and agree on what you mean.
But what if like >>9273686 said before are just a cosplayer minding their own and didn't ever do anything to anyone? And all of a sudden become a target for hatred. Do you still think this is fair then? That does fuck up the reputation of this board a lot I think.

>>9274385
Never got into a physical fight. Most of the cosplayers I know are my friends in reallife, so I don't think that would happen any time soon.
Makes me wonder more who of the popular hated cosplayers has the potential to actually physicly knock others out if they would ever find out people have been talking shit about them...
>>
>>9274416
No that's what I mean; it gives you a bad reputation.
>Talk shit, get hit. Defend people on here; chances are you'll be accused of someone you're not. Who cares, it's not like you know who is 'hating' on you anyway. Anyone who has a problem with me, can definitely come straight up to my face and tell me what they dislike about me.

This bit was aimed at >>9274345
for the 'it's suicide to post progress here' comment. Not that I encourage dragging others because I don't. That's what I was aiming at.

I genuinely do not support cyberbulling and dragging other cosplayers at all. I've had enough of that myself (for very different reasons than cosplay)
>>
>>9274416
I don't get why most people say that jealousy is the main cause for people to hate populars. I think because a lot of people know them it's easier to talk about them both in a positive and negative way.
>>
>>9274424
Then why choose the negative over the positive if it makes us look bad and they don't do anything wrong?
>>
>>9274274
kek
>>
>>9274429
Because it's easy, like >>9274424 says. It's not right, but it's easy.

People rarely take the 'right' way. They prefer the easy way instead. And that's not a judgemental thing, look at your life in general. It's easier to follow the mainstream and get a degree in a field where you know you'll get a job, rather than follow your heart and do what is right. To name a wild argument.

This is why negative reviews are easier to find than positive reviews. You're more likely to complain about the trains being late, than praise them for being on time every day. Negativity hooks into your brain a lot more than positivity, for some strange reason.
>>
>>9274429
Because people love drama (as long as it is about someone else).
>>
>>9274407
nope, grey
>>
>>9274436
>>9274434
i think that's just lame and weak.
that makes us no better than lowlife cyberbullies then.
but i don't like to see myself that way.
i don't like to talk shit unless i got my facts strait and like to give constructive criticism instead of just putting others down just for the drama of it.
esspecially not if there is no drama to be found and people never even done anything wrong.
>>
Anyone else getting id'd a lot more often with the stricter rules? Last night I went to the movies and the cashier looked at me and said 'are you 16 yet...yeah I think so' and I mumbled that I'm already 25. My collegue and I got id'd at the appie because he was talking to me, so 'we might belong together' he looked pretty bummed about it..
>>
>>9274237
Her eye make-up is such a pet peeve for me. Someone tell her to fill up the gap. Seriously, it's the type of make-up that belongs in the bad make-up thread, and I need to hold myself in not to post her in there. I don't even care that she spams/buys likes/shoops/whatever. But that eye make-up needs to get fixed man...

>>9274299
Bad make-up =/= an anime character.
>>
>>9274455
Hence me saying it's up to you. I don't join in with the dragging or cyberbullying. 4Chan has the reputation, but the less people engage in the drama, the less it happens, but people enjoy it.

I just abstain and talk about cosplay, post pictures or discuss this stuff and try to get it more /cgl/ related.But you won't ever get rid of 4chan being 4chan. Don't do what you're not comfortable with, which for me is not joining with the bullying.
>>
>>9274468
Where did I even state she was? That look doesn't look any better on Asians either. Just look at Michelle Phan, or better, this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbRkA3vBqQ It just doesn't look good. It isn't gonna make you look like an anime character, but just looks weird if the point of view is anywhere near close. The brows also look weird btw, but luckily Kimu's brows are fine. I don't really have anything against her, but I guess it's just like I stated earlier, this type of make-up is a big pet peeve to me. I have the urge to throw anyone with that eye make-up in that thread lol.
>>
>>9274285
Lol theres so much accurateness in here they really give zero fucks about bad rumors. I've told sakuraflor and she said they rather not read it because they prefer positive thinking haha so it really is a waste of time to talk about them.

Whether or not they can mean something for the Netherlands has to be seen.

But now I'm curious. What is that thing that cosplayers would have to do in order to "do something for the Netherlands in Cosplay"

I find this whole thing a little weird.
>>
>>9274479
to be honest, nobody cares what they think about cgl either.

>What is that thing that cosplayers would have to do in order to "do something for the Netherlands in Cosplay"
we already talked about this in an earlier thread. can we talk about new subjects. repeating the same things over and over again is getting boring.
>>
>>9274231
Thanks for the tips. It's good I like shojo characters and already am on the skinnier side then.
>>9274236
I thought you could read it from the context, but anyway, I'm female.
>>
>>9274479
I think that if you really would want to put The Netherlands 'on the map as beung a cosplay country', first thing that has to be done is having bigger and better cons. None of the cons we have are worthy to resemble big welknown cons around the world. Not even Animecon. For instance, Dutch Comic Con is doing a great job making things more presentable for international cosplay artists and broading the horizon for international geek culture while also leaving a bit more space for the mainstream. Making it more presentable for everyone who likes whatever. Plus their scale is pretty good and only seems to keep growing.
While Animecon is still holding on to the childish part of that by making it seem as if the focus is just on anime, which not everyone likes. Yes, it's a fun con and pretty ok scalewise. And they have a great underground reputation among the elite cosplay culture. But still cannot seem to overcome the fact that they make cosplay seem childish and weird to the mainstream public because of the type of people it attracts.
And ofcourse the fantasy fairs and gatherings which seem to have nothing to do with anything but have some really talented cosplayers and costumemakers involved.

But because of all the awkwardness within the Dutch cosplay community, people will never do anything for each other. And it also depends of what audience you're aiming at. The WCS and ECG elite, the anime weebs, the more underground fantasy and larp community or the popular comic con community?
Everyone would want something else to 'put their country' on the map. So it's not something you could answer easily.
>>
>>9274484
why would they?
it's not like we do anything positive to 'put the netherlands its cosplay on the map'.
i don't even keep track of all this bullshit.
i cosplay because i like it.
the hell with putting the country on the map....
>>
File: hellsing32.jpg (17KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
hellsing32.jpg
17KB, 500x280px
>>9274484
>>
>>9274505
I totally disagree, Animecon has activities for young and old and, sorry to break this to you, big fucking compo's... DCC is just a small comic fair (dont even dare call that a real convention, please) with a stage and some B guests... Don't get me wrong, it's great if you just wnat to walk around do nothing or pay a shit ton of money, but animecon atleast fills up your days, and if you only see the childish side of it, i'm sorry, but you are attending the wrong activities my friend...
>>
>>9274559
That's why I'm saying: It depends on what you're aiming at. But I see your point though.
>>
>>9274525
I agree I find this whole putting Netherlands on the map such crap.

I like cosplayers who clearly have fun doing what they do and support others doing what they do and spread some positivity while they're at it.

I hate that whole putting other cosplayers down. Specially when it comes to those so called "popular" cosplayers. They're all just doing their thing and are obviously doing it right or they wouldn't be popular so why not support them and learn from them? I don't know that's the reason why I support most of them anyways.
>>
>>9272360
Saying you have autism is a 4ch thing not a tumblr thing
>>
>>9274637
y not both?
>>
>>9274637
Using it as an insult is a 4chan thing, using it as an excuse ("u can't b mean 2 me im disabled ;-;") is a tumblr thing.
>>
>>9274626
oh i'm not against any of them either.
i met some of them in reallife and found out that most of them are all pretty nice people just doing what they're good at and are therefor popular.
but i don't give a crap still about putting the netherlands on the map or whatever.
nobody in would care on worldly scale unless you do something out of the ordinary.
i think the namecallers that are on here may have personal issues with some of the populars but are too coward to step right up to them.
i mean why else would they keep bringing them up kicking drama for no reason?
>>
>>9274662
>This sums up my sentiment on all of this
>>
There is no need for drama in real life so instead of picking a fight you can let off steam online.
>>
>>9274684
Thus never solving the actual problem. That's just weak and stupid.
>>
>>9274559
I agree there. AnimeCon is also the only convention that attracts international cosplayers and has invited quite big names who also want to return like Yaya han and Reika.
>>
>>9274656
lol this
>>
>>9274662
I agree it's just cowardly behavior but it's sad that these cosplayers without really having done anything bad are frowned upon because some douchebag decide to spread lies around.

Why can't we support eachother instead of shooting down and if there's trash talk at least talk about things that are true.

Anyways I think if we were to support one another we could do much more for the Netherlands on the map lol
>>
>>9274713
Putting the Netherlands on the map is a team-effort and it'd means you'd have to actively promote yourself and other cosplayers from the Netherlands as well as conventions and events. I'm doing my part in the UK, just sayin'.
>>
>>9274702
True what you say, but they're still holding on to only the anime concept. Making it seem less accessable for the mainstream public. Because not everyone likes anime. And although everyone is welcome, it mostly looks like it's only meant for anime and japan culture fans. Giving off 'a certain image' to mainstream visitors.
People like Yaya Han go to any kind of con. They are not bound to any genre. If DCC would invite her she'd probobly also go there.
As for the competitions: Yes, can't deny Animecon has great competitions. Even high level international. But the problem with almost all of these is that they are not accessable to everyone and they ask the contestants for a shitload of unnescessary homework. This may lead to better cosplays but also duller shows.
While comic cons let everyone compete as long as you got your shit together on time. No homework needed or anything like that. And from what I've seen more spectacular shows.
>>
Wow this thread has a couple of new pussies or something, I haven't heard anyone complain about the negativity before. Just because you have a different opinion on some cosplayers doesn't mean others aren't allowed to say what they think. Go back to your safe spaces.
>>
>>9274748
Or maybe people are just fed up with the constant drama and want actual cosplay stuff.
>>
>>9274748
You must be some of the angry persons that they were talking about earlier. Where have you been? We've missed you anon!
>>
>>9274748
Drama kicker alert....I bet this is the kind of asshole we were discussing?
>>
>>9274748
nobody says you cannot say what you think.
but ever thought that it's better to do that based on facts instead of just throwing around dumb rumors and lies?
>>
>>9274750
lol this
>>
>>9274742
Not accessable to everyone? Work harder, you don't become a top atlethe or a top cosplayer without total commitment.
>>
>>9274505
What you are suggesting with Animecon letting go of the childish and weird activities. Turning into something like DCC. That is not going to happen while the current staff is still organising.
>>
>>9274783
I'd rather not have that happen. I love Animecon because it's not like 'other big cons' with just a shit ton of merch and some competitions. Animecon is a little bit different because it has so many different activities. Also; I wouldn't call sake/whiskey tasting, martial arts workshops, king of the iron fist tournament, the concert, and the raves childish. I know anon was talking about perception, but that's more to do with media and editing, than the convention.

Remember how they followed Hakan around and while he was just trying to keep it to cosplay, the reporter kept asking questions about sexuality and wether or not kinky stuff happened in the suits...? They want that stuff, because it's 'entertaining television', rather than taking it seriously. It's the exact reason why they didn't follow me. Because I got called first by BNN for it, due to Smaug. I didn't feel very comfortable by being made laughing stock, as the very title 'je zult het maar zijn' already made me go 'no way'.

So the childish aspect is more to do with mainstream media and how they portray conventions, rather than the convention itself, for they tend to advertise themselves mostly within the convention circles, as they are.
>>
>>9274778
>>9274783
True. Not suggesting anything. Wouldn't know anyway since I know nothing will change. I'm just stating the difference.
>>
>>9274748
It's probobly the same person who said in the previous thread that the dutch cosplay world 'has rules'. What a sad hater...
>>
Some things aren't just rumors like another anon said, sometimes if you give too much info on a cosplayer somebody on here will figure out who they are, which beats the whole anonymous thing. For example I can say that there are underage girls preying on guys, but if I name or explain it wouldn't be hard to guess who I am.
>>
>>9274748
lol, new my ass! Been on here since late march begin april? Around the time these Dutch threads started I believe. Sorry my dear, we aren't all drama seekers and instead of just lurking and not commenting when drama hits, finally somebody said something and now see how many folks agree on it...
>>
>>9274742
Sorry, but you are starting to make less sense and fall into fallacies.

Let us start with the basis that AnimeCon is our most known cosplay event. Or elfia, but that is not a scene I know.
Indeed, I would agree you can probably get Yaya Han if you paid and your convention is interesting. But your reasoning is flawed. You are comparing with what one convention did to what another might do. Fact is that they have not but stick to domestic and lower tier names.
The next argument on duller shows is also fundamentally untrue. Your reasoning goes that handing in a script and some progress pictures (that is all I have ever sent) somehow create a duller show. In other words, preparation makes your show worse?

As for the reality of a duller show I think we look differently at the world. The show I saw on DCC was not standing out in any way compared to the multitude of conventions our country now has. I honestly cannot remember even one act.
>>
>>9275239
To be fair, a lot of acts aren't really memorable in my opinion. Very often it's just a recreation of a scene with dubbed english. In fact, the most memorable acts are usually the well-prepared ones.
>>
>>9275330
so what were you favorite skits from the past couple years?
>>
>>9275339
I kinda enjoyed the 'Wicked' performance. I don't know the names because a lot of animes and cosplays are series I don't know. I'm lame, I know. But that one was at least out of the ordinary.
>>
>>9275339
I really liked some acts at FACTS and Firstlook this year
>>
I am a little worried with how naked my costume is for Dutch Xmas con.
>>
>>9275531
u going as eve?
>>
>>9275559
Adam with a santa hat!
Because cross dressing rules and I need to embrace the xmas theme
>>
>>9275634
cross dressing rules?
>>
>>9275669
How else will I get all the girls to the yard
>>
File: 1fac02.jpg (36KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
1fac02.jpg
36KB, 500x437px
>>9275672
>>
>>9275672
Also I read "because OF cross dressing rules" my bad
>>
>>9275687
>>
Girls should be less afraid to do a bit more revealing cosplays. I have a friend who wants to cosplay several characters that are considered revealing by the Dutch cosplay community while they're nice characters. Girls are considered sluts as soon they do something a little more revealing.

... But there are lines that shouldn't be crossed. Beware girls.
>>
>>9275713
Why does this sound vaguely threatening...
>>
>>9275713
>Girls should be less afraid to do a bit more revealing cosplays
>... But there are lines that shouldn't be crossed. Beware girls.

this is so vague. besides I also second >>9275748.
>>
>>9275713

What lines?
Coloring?
Land?
Pipe?
The line of "nobody cares" ?
>>
>>9275713
Please post examples of said lines.
>>
>>9275784
Bikini lines
>>
>>9275748
>>9275768
>>9275780
>>9275784

Hahahah I meant that I don't want to see Eve's on cons. Make sure you have at least a little bit of clothing on you. I recall a girl wearing lingerie to a con. Things like that are what I call "crossing lines".

I'm just a gayfish guy so maybe that's just how I look at it. It's just sad that so many girls feel like they have to hide their bodies to a full extent because they're afraid they'll be seen as sluts. Dear ladies, you're not a slut. Unless you sleep with every guy or gal you meet of of course...
>>
So whats with all the Jessica Rabbit cosplayers lately? Im seeing it everywhere
>>
>>9275854
really I wanted to cosplay her too for a while now, but I scrapped her since this year everybody is doing it. I like cosplaying my beloved redheads, but I don't like being a copycat
>>
I think she's popular for the sex sells factor, not because of the movie. I wanted to cosplay her as well but I prefer more comfortable costumes. Also when somebody has also done a good cosplay of a character I no longer feel like cosplaying that character because I feel like I won't be good enough.
>>
>>9275713
Agree. The Dutch cosplay community is often way too nitpicky when it comes down to revealing cosplays. While it's a very normal thing if you look at global cosplay culture.
>>
File: heidi-klum-halloween.jpg (1MB, 1200x1803px) Image search: [Google]
heidi-klum-halloween.jpg
1MB, 1200x1803px
>>9275873
No one's ever going to beat Heidi Klum's Halloween Jessica Rabbit. Complete with silicone prosthetics..(also on the face)
>>
Dutch cons are usually for all ages (the only exception is yaycon I think) so walking around with only your private parts hidden is just indecent.
I might be an adult in terms of age but I don't want to see certain things.
>>
>>9275891
>I might be an adult in terms of age but I don't want to see certain things.
This!
>>
>>9275873
I do feel like I haven't really seen any good Jessica Rabbits at Dutch cons though. They're all kinda meh, no boobs, really light on the makeup, flat hair. It's all the things that make Jessica who she is.
>>
>>9276420
Look up Kotone's cosplay of Jessica Rabbit, she did a nice job imho.
>>
>>9276420
Yeah like Chanco Cosplay's makeup for Jessica Rabbit. I really dislike it.
>>
I do like chanco her dress/figure better than ashley her version. Also Sarah who did jessica rabbit at tsunacon a while ago looked amazing. I have no idea how to make corsets sadly enough.
>>
>>9276484
Nah, the weird looking boobs didnt do it for me
>>
>>9276503
I like it too! I'm all up for more "themed" cons. I was kinda sad that not a whole lot of people had "retro" cosplays at retrocon.
I'm not making some original design, just a canon christmas outfit of a character.
>>
>>9275634
I think the whole Xmas theme cosplay thing looks kinda fun. I think it opens some doors to some really nice costume designs.
>>
>>9275883
She nailed all the details, but I can't help but to think that if this is Jessica Rabbit in real life, that she probably did too much plastic surgery. No normal human being is born looking like that after all. But these are also points where I feel like, you shouldn't take exaggerated points in art too literally, when transcribing it to real life.
>>
>>9276504
How did I mess up replying?
Meant for >>9276503
>>
>>9275804
>Dear ladies, you're not a slut. Unless you sleep with every guy or gal you meet of of course.

That doesn't make one a slut, it makes one sexually active.
I get that this a HARD concept to understand.
>>
>>9276620
Such a feminist thing to say that.
>>
>>9275804
>so many girls feel like they have to hide their bodies to a full extent because they're afraid they'll be seen as sluts
also you:
>Girls are considered sluts as soon they do something a little more revealing.

Since you understand that part, you should consider that cosplaying a character that reveals a lot of skin is perhaps not worth it to girls who don't want to be viewed as sluts by family/friends/strangers. To some girls it doesn't matter if they consider it slutty themselves, it only matters if the people around them think they're slutty.
I have an acquaintance who stopped doing revealing cosplays because of the harassment she received the one time she did it.
>>
>>9276624
Such a neckbeard thing to say
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480866953127.jpg (67KB, 802x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480866953127.jpg
67KB, 802x960px
OP, maybe a good pic for the next thread?
>>
If people care about how they are percieved by others, why cosplay in the first place you're going to be judged no matter what. I have a cosplay that is pretty much a corset and shorts and if somebody wants to slut shame me go ahead, I'm not bothered by false accusations.
>>
>>9276642
Most of the time girls get called sluts for dressing 'too sexy'. While in the meantime more than half of those statements come from others who simply cannot or don't dare to dress like that themselfs. In my experience most of those people have a problem with their own bodies. Or have problems with this on a personal level.
In my optic a slut is someone who is sexual active in a harmfull way. Not someone who dresses overly sexy. If you wanna dress sexy, then dress sexy.
It's your body so I would not even care if you would show up naked.
As long as you don't bother or harm others with it then do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>9276638
lol
dynamiccon's sinterklaas
>>
>>9276648
>a slut is someone who is sexual active in a harmfull way

How does that work?
Do they threaten people with sex in a dark alley to rob them?
>>
Maybe you don't care but I sometimes feel like gouging my eyes out when I see somebody in body paint with an ass that looks like cheese or 15 years olds flashing their panties.
>>
>>9276653
Lmao
Who knows!
>>
>>9276656
Working in a sauna is nothing for you then. I did, for about a year. Naked bodies don't do anything to me, although there's a place and time for everything.
A convention is not the right place and never the right time.
>>
>>9276659
I agree with both, I mean sure I'll watch some porn or look up sexy cosplay shoots but that doesn't belong on conventions.
>>
>>9276656
Hey people with asses that look like cheese need love too!
>>
>>9276620
>>9276648
Slut is just a word invented to put sexually active women down.
>>
>>9276656
I presume your butt must look marvelously beautiful then?
Lol
I get your point. Seeing that one happen during almost every convention i go to. But that doesn't define people as being sluts.
>>
>>9276665
There is a difference between being sexually active and opening your legs for every guy willing to fuck you. I also call guys that sleep around sluts, it's not just gender related to me.
>>
Dictionary says
> slut
>[sluht]
>noun
>1. Disparaging and Offensive. a sexually promiscuous woman, or a woman who behaves or dresses in an overtly sexual way.
>2.Informal. a person with a seemingly insatiable but often undiscerning desire to do or have something specified: guilty of being a shoe slut; a book slut, reading five books at once.
>3. Archaic. a prostitute; harlot. an immoral or dissolute woman. a dirty, slovenly woman.

it just depends on the way you look at it.....
>>
>>9276504
The term "retro" is something that is different for every age ofcourse. Though i felt like the Overwatch and Docter Who cosplayers seemed a little lost there.
>>
>>9276673
Lol
No that is just called 'being a walking std'. Or: 'chlamidia'.
>>
>>9276671
Nope sadly enough I don't have an amazing ass. How good you look in a barely covering cosplay isn't what makes people think you're a slut. I use slut for those who mess around sexually, and attention whore for those that try too hard.
>>
>>9276638
See >>9272336
>>
>>9276687
>>9276687
This is something i can agree to. But as you said yourself now: It's more behaviour that makes people get stamped as being sluts. Not the way they dress in cosplay.
>>
>>9276695
Still have about 50 posts to go then before Monday evening.
>>
>>9276678
Thanks anon
>>
>>9276420
Well, makeup is not a skill every cosplayer pays attention to, especially not in the dutch cosplay scene. Such a shame, because it really elevates a costume, or in this case, drags the overal look down.
>>
>>9276761
I really really cringe when I look back to my first cosplays where I didn't use any make-up at all...
>>
>>9276779
I'm still waiting for that male make-up lecture.
>>
>>9276761
I agree so much with you. It always ruins a cosplay for me when the cosplayer just has a completely empty (or the sad little eyeliner line with 0.5 milligrams of mascara) face. It just plainly looks bad.
>>
>>9276783
this! Guys say they dont need makeup, but they underestimate the power of it for characters. You dont have to have a face full of foundation, just some shading can do a lot
>>
>>9276812
yet an overdone heavy eye can kill a cosplay as well
>>
File: Screenshot_20161204-210444.png (165KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161204-210444.png
165KB, 720x1280px
In other news.
Animecon just anounced the registrations for their compo's.
Anyone hete signing up?
>>
>>9276821
Yeppers. I'm not cranking out a costume in record-tempo for nothing!
>>
>>9276839
Animecon is cranking out a costume out in record tempo?

Makes me wonder what your average working time is.
>>
>>9276848
I've got very limited time. After christmas holidays I barely have any time left. I'm trying to finish it for as far as I can in the next 4 weeks. Because after christmas I'm going to have very full and busy days where I have to lead a project with the 1st years. In April I should do work experience and visit Hollywood. And then it's again fulltime study time until the end of the year, which ironically, falls in the week of Animecon.

So yeah, I've planned stuff really tight. I have 10 weeks to crank it out, maximum, and I've already missed loads of days due to other assignments as well as being planned in for work. So the faster I work, the more time I have. Considering most of the armour is already almost done, it's going to get down on finishing, electronics, painting and sewing.

Planning ahead is your friend when you're busy.
>>
Adding leds to a costume when it doesn't need leds, thoughts on it?
>>
>>9276890
It's fine if it's done ironically.
>>
>>9276890
Examples?
>>
>>9275891
Last Elfia I went to there was this 15 year old looking girl with her entire ass hanging out (and probably freezing off). I could see her thong between her asscheeks and everything. I was stuck walking behind her for a while and felt so uncomfortable...
Sometimes, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>9276821
yes! I already started in oktober, a little hard that I will be in the train at that exact time, but I guess I'll be bringing my laptop or ipad to dutch xmas con, haha
>>
>>9276638
If it's a new thread tomorrow, sure. Otherwise I can't help but feel it's a bit late for Sinterklaas.

>>9276890
I'm guilty of this, for aesthetic reasons. Or well, my suit needs LEDs on the back so I figured I might as well make the front logo illuminated for aesthetic reasons.
>>
>>9276761
I still think it's sucha pitty whenever i see cosplayers wear a beautiful costume without proper make-up. Still see that shit happen even with cosplayers that have been cosplaying for longer times.

>>9276783
Unfortunatly most Dutch male cosplayers don't wear make-up. Though it would add a lot of upsides to their appearance i think. Esspecially expressionwise and for adding fake muscles during photoshoots.
>>
>>9276890
Could look great if it's done suttle and proper. Also depends on where the leds are placed on the costume.
>>
>>9276820
This. I always found live action and musicals the best looking in terms of really bringing characters alive as if they could be real people. Unlike cosplayers, they have to keep in mind to look realistic. Cosplayers with too much heavy make-up and shoop rather have the opposite effect (that of looking uncanny). You need to find some balance in it (so yes make-up, but not too much). This Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus for example, look as realistic as it can get, except for the fact I do find it inaccurate that they don't have hair color matching brows and the right eye color.
Also notice that they do obviously wear make-up, but just in a natural way.
>>
File: 1ZorGvZ.png (345KB, 580x396px) Image search: [Google]
1ZorGvZ.png
345KB, 580x396px
>>9277220
Another good example.
>>
>>9277220
i presonally hate it when folks take the exact eyebrowcolour, 9/10 times it just looks weird and unrealistic to be honest
>>
>>9277480
This! If done well, it's great, but very often it just looks like someone painted their eyebrows. And it ends up looking like 'liverpool eyebrows' (I think?) in a different colour.
>>
>>9277569
hahahah oh god
>>
>>9277591
Note that >>9277569 is not limited to Dutch cosplayers. I see it all over the world in so. many. CMV's.
>>
File: 20161205_113458.jpg (27KB, 220x177px) Image search: [Google]
20161205_113458.jpg
27KB, 220x177px
A friend of mine does cgange the color of her eyebrows. She uses trasparent mascara and some matching powder.
Si she changes the color of the hair itself i stead of painting over it with a pencil
>>
>>9277693
you mean eyebrow gel? if she does use mascara i highly advise her to stop, because you will ruin your eyebrows and since eyebrows stop sweat and other shit from coming in your eyes, you cant use that mascara on your lashes, or get ready for things like pink eye
>>
File: LIGHTEN-1080x608.png (735KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
LIGHTEN-1080x608.png
735KB, 1080x608px
>>9277480
Well it doesn't have to be exact, but e.g. a blonde brow mascara and (since mascara doesn't exist) coloring up up brows with teal eye shadow does the trick. >>9277227 has matching brown eyebrows too. >>9277693 this is another example that looks neat in my opinion. I'm all for natural in the first place, so I don't like drawn on eyebrows either. Also attached a picture of blonde hair mascara here, and imo the after looks a lot better than the before in contrast to her hair color.
>>
>>9277709
Idk, it looks weird to me. But I rarely see people lighten their eyebrows so it might just be me getting used to the idea and result.
>>
File: kpop.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kpop.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>9277733
I assume you're not into k-pop either then lol. For me, it's quite a standard thing to see. But it's more an asian beauty thingy than a western one I guess.
>>
Someone should invent eyebrow stuff to temporary change your eyebrow color for cosplay. I think a lot of cosplayers and weebs would buy it.
>>
>>9277786
.... eyebrow dye is a thing just so you know
>>
>>9277788
There's only normal colors though. Like brown, black and blonde.
>>
>>9277115
I just want to know hide to hide my zits while cosplaying. My face always looks like a minefield during summer...
>>
>>9277832
Look into preventing those zits instead? Not only skincare but lifestyle as well (sleep, water, unprocessed foods)
Makeup doesn't work like photoshop. But I'd you want to know how to cover blemished skin there's plenty of tutorials on YouTube...
>>
>>9277832
I use a primer, then a green-ish zit-hide-stick. It hides redness and uneven colouring in the skin. Gently dap it a little, add foundation on top and it should look fine. Then you start contouring and stuff.
>>
I use a colored eye pencil on my brows when going for unnatural colors. Works great.
>>
>>9277835
I'm already seeing a dermatologist, but as with everything in life it takes time to deal with it. Switching to another special shampoo did do me good tho, my forehead is has been pimple free ever since I started using it.
>>
>>9277861
What shampoo if you don't mind me asking? My bangs are always giving me trouble
>>
>>9277861
That's great! You might want to look into allergen free detergent as well, I used to get eczema from cheap laundry detergent. You can also swap your pillow cover every two days (turn around to sleep on a "fresh" surface) and look into satin covers since this is better for your face if you have sensitive skin (and it's great for your hair too!)
Just some life hacks I thought i'd share!
>>
>>9277914
Wella Calm, not really that special but it works wonders for me.

>>9277916
Nice hacks and quite effective. I already use satin covers, although that's mostly because I like the way it feels on my skin. Being a nude sleeper makes you value that shit.
>>
File: MTMwODUzMTc3ODU4ODg4OTc4.jpg (58KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
MTMwODUzMTc3ODU4ODg4OTc4.jpg
58KB, 620x413px
>>9277786
>>9277788
>>9277805
Sometimes they sell eyebrow mascara in different colors, but I'm just wondering, perhaps colored mascara marketed for eyelashes would work too (see example). Just make sure you don't use it for eyelashes after using it for brows.
>>
Is OP back yet?
>>
>>9278126
No, let's all post mean things about him while he's away!
>>
>>9278048
yep thats what I said, heeeeere>>9277700
though the coloured lash mascara isn't good for your eyebrows to be fairly honest, those hairs are ten times softer than your lashes
>>
>>9278138
Lol
>>
if the damn vidcon tickets werent 100 euros i would have gone to see rhett and link
>>
File: 55687399.jpg (82KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
55687399.jpg
82KB, 500x330px
>>9278126
Yes, kinda...
I'll be home somewhere after midnight depending how much more I'm going to get fucked tonight. My flight got delayed, I have a 20 minute train transfer, an impossible train transfer to the last train and the HEMA was out of rookworst. But at least I have my shitty Kiosk coffee and two more HEMA's on my way for rookworst.
>>
>>9278139
lol I know, I was referring to your earlier advice.
>>
File: IMG_20161205_225514119.jpg (4MB, 5344x4008px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161205_225514119.jpg
4MB, 5344x4008px
Based Utrecht CS!
>>
>>9278227
Hope you got home safe OP!
>>
>>9278126
OP has a tiny flag!
>>
File: 1478464262959.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1478464262959.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
Yadda yadda, new thread can be found at >>9279076
>>
>>9278813
>Hope you got home safe OP!
Thanks, I finally got home around 1am and headed straight to bed for some well deserved rest.

>>9278822
It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.